cover image

Title: Life from the Ashes: Book 5 - Generations
Author: Jo B.
Series: Life From the Ashes
Written: March 2003
E-mail address: PurpleFox7@aol.com Feedback is always welcome. Any constructive suggestions are appreciated.
Rating: PG-13
Keywords: M/Sk/K SLASH
Disclaimer: The X-Files characters Fox Mulder, Dana Scully, Alex Krycek, Walter Skinner, Jeffrey Spender, CSM, the Lone Gunmen, Kimberly Cook, Senator Matheson, Bill Scully, the morph etc. are the property Chris Carter, 1013 productions and Fox Broadcasting. All other characters in the series are mine.
Okay to Archive: please ask first.

Summary: This story takes place 16 years after book 4 Yours, Mine, and Ours left off.

Author's Notes: This is the fifth and final book in the series. The story is told from Alex's POV.

I would like to thank all of my wonderful beta-readers Laurie,Nicole, and Demi-X for their edits and plot advice and suggestions. Kiyoko and Bee Lan for their suggestions and feedback.
Feedback is always welcome. Any constructive suggestions are appreciated.

WARNING! This story contains references to male/male sex.


Chapter 1 - Alex

Crystal Palace
Tuesday, November 21, 2017

I take a deep breath of the chilly nighttime air. It helps to clear my head. I'm standing outside on the veranda off the entertainment room. My daughters' birthday party is winding down inside. I bring the brandy snifter to my lips and sip the warm liquid as I look out over the countryside. I can see the distant lights from villages scattered across the island. I try to find comfort in the view, but it does little to squelch the hollow feeling in my belly that signals the onset of my three-day cycle.

Immortals are always able to tell when our cycle is occurring, even without the compulsions being present. We become physically uncomfortable throughout the three days, and horny as hell. All immortals have their cycles at the same time each month, which is convenient since Fox and I usually fuck like bunnies throughout the three days. We tend to wear Walter out by the third day.

I take another sip of brandy. My nerves are a tangled mess. I'm fearful that my compulsions will start up again at any time. I'm hoping I'll last as long as Fox and the other immortals did after giving birth for the third time. Their compulsions mysteriously stopped or so they thought. It was four years after they stopped nursing their last child that their compulsions started again. I've been anxious for over three years, since I stopped nursing Fox's and my daughters. Our daughters are seven years old today.

"Daddy, Daddy!"

I smile as my three birthday girls race out onto the veranda. They are dressed for their party in purple tights and dark purple velvet and lace dresses. They are identical triplets with green eyes, chestnut hair, and a beautiful mole on their right cheeks similar to Fox's. They are going to be sultry beauties when they reach adulthood. Giving me another thing to worry about.

"You shouldn't be out here without your coats, sweethearts," I say, kneeling down so I'm at their height.

"We just wanted to show you what Daddy Fox gave us," Regan says, holding out the small decorative wooden box, slightly different from the wooden boxes her sisters are holding.

I take it from her and smile, then try to open it, but I can't find the latch. Leave it to Fox to given them secret puzzle boxes. I finally find the secret lever, but still pretend to not be able to open it. "Okay, Regan, I give up. Show me how to open it."

She grins with delight taking the box and has it open in seconds. "Daddy Fox said we could hide all of our secrets inside."

"I'm going to put the necklace you gave me inside mine, Daddy," Morgan says.

I smile at her then turned to her sister. "What are you going to put inside yours, Alina?" I ask. She is the shyest of the three and most like her Daddy Fox.

"I'm going to put my favorite poems inside."

She also writes poetry -- pretty smart for a seven-year-old. I look away from her as my name is called.

"Dad, can I talk to you?" Sergei asks. He's standing nervously in the doorway.

He's been acting strange lately. We assume it's because his sorcerer powers are starting to make an appearance. Sergei is going to be sixteen in three weeks. He's already one inch taller than I am and built like a linebacker. The pudgy baby fat has long since turned into muscle. The boy is almost the spitting image of Walter, except for the fact that he has hair. He may lose that in time. As a sorcerer, he will continue to age until he reaches thirty. I think Walter said he started losing his hair in his early twenties.

"Girls, why don't you go back inside and warm up," I say.

"Okay, Daddy," they say in unison, kissing me on the cheek before heading back inside and Sergei closes the French doors after them.

"What is it, Serg?" I rise off the cold concrete and lean against the railing.

Sergei walks over to the railing and looks out into the night. Without looking at me he blurts out, "Kat's pregnant."

"What?" My mouth is hanging open as I stare at him in shock. I shut it and set the brandy snifter down. Kat is Ari's and Duffy's sixteen-year-old daughter. She's seven months older than Sergei. They have been friends all of their lives. It never occurred to me that their friendship had progress beyond that. "Talk to me, Sergei."

"Dad, I love Kat...but I'm afraid to tell Dad Fox and Dad Walter. I don't want Dad Walter to be angry with me."

What a mess. I shake my head and stare toward the entertainment room. Through the glass I can see Walter and Fox inside laughing with our children. Children? Where have the years gone? River is already twenty-two and he still hasn't changed into an immortal. Hope and Faith are seventeen and in less than eight months, on their eighteenth birthdays, they will be marrying the two men we helped them choose. The others are still children. Our youngest, Arman is three years old. "Sergei, you should have told us that you were sexually active. How far along is Kat?"

"I think five months...ah, she's starting to show...a lot. We decided that I should talk to you," he says nervously, glancing back toward the entertainment room. "Are you disappointed in me, Dad?"

"Yes, I'm disappointed! Sergei, I wish you had told me sooner than this. Kat's condition should be monitored. She's the first female in our country who's become pregnant naturally since the failed invasion." I head toward the door. "Come on, Serg, we need to have a long talk with Walter and Fox." I know he's terrified. He has a closer bond to them, especially Fox. All immortals have a special bond with the children they've given birth to. I know how the bond feels. I share the same bond with my six daughters and son.

Fox glances up smiling. It fades quickly and his eyes turn worried. "What's wrong?"

I look at our older kids. "Kids, watch your brothers and sisters, we need to talk to Sergei in private."

We walk down the hall to Fox's and my home offices. We enter through the door to my office. I flip on the lights then walk past the giant fish tank and pour three tumblers of scotch and carry them over to Fox and Walter.

"Alex, I'm still nursing..."

"Drink it, Fox. Arman can go a day without nursing." Arman is Walter's son and has an appetite similar to what Sergei had when he was that age. Arman is also a stubborn little bugger and will refuse to go a day without nursing. I pity Fox when he has to try to wean the boy in the next few months.

Fox sips the drink, while Walter throws his back and pours himself another. Sergei is standing nervously in the middle of the room.

Walter looks at him as he nurses his second drink. "Okay, Sergei, tell us what you've done?"

Sergei looks at me pleadingly.

I shake my head. "Nope. You tell them, Serg."

"Kat's pregnant."

"Hm, I thought she was looking rather chubby lately," Fox says calmly as he walks over and pours some more scotch into his glass. He takes a big swallow then tops off the glass again.

"Fox, our son just announced he's gotten a girl pregnant, is that all you can say?" Walter asks, stunned.

"Do Ari and Duffy know?" Fox asks, looking at his son. He shrugs indifferently. "Probably not, you're still in one piece. Well, I suppose you'll be moving out now. I can help you pack your things tomorrow."

Sergei is shaking like a leaf at this point. I find myself apprehensive. Fox isn't acting normally. He's too calm and cold. There is no humor or compassion in his dark hazel eyes.

"Fox, you're scaring the boy," Walter says.

"Boy? I don't see any boy!" he shouts suddenly, slamming his glass on the table. "I see a man who's old enough to make a baby! You are going to be able to support your baby and Kat aren't you, Sergei?" Fox picks the glass back up and takes another deep swallow while glaring at the boy.

Tears are streaming down Sergei's cheeks. "Daddy, I'm sorry," he says in a small voice. I'm worried that he's going to pass out.

Walter and I are frozen by a look from Fox. He sets the glass down and walks over to his son. Sergei is two inches taller and outweighs Fox by at least sixty pounds. Fox wipes the tears away with his thumbs then takes Sergei in his arms. The boy is bawling and clinging to Fox. Fox kisses the side of his head and whispers something in his ear that I can't make out. Then he says, "I expect you to talk to your fathers and me. Don't ever shut us out of your life again, Sergei. Is that clear?"

"Yes, Daddy. I'm so sorry."

Walter walks over and hugs them both. "We're going to have to talk to Ari and Duffy. I'll get them on the phone and explain the situation."

Telling Ari and Duffy that our son has knocked their daughter up is not a conversation I want to be a part of. "I'll go watch our kids, Fox, while you and Walter talk to Ari and Duffy."

"They'll be fine with their older brothers and sisters, Alex. You're coming with us. He's your son, too." Fox takes Sergei's hand and says softly, "Come on, honeybear, let's put some cold water on your face. We wouldn't want your girlfriend to see that you've been crying."

"Dad, do you hate me?"

Fox stops and hugs the boy again. "Sergei, you're my child...I could never hate you. I'm just upset that you didn't listen to any of the safe sex talks that we've had about condoms or abstaining until you are older. Then keeping this from me doesn't exactly make me happy. Don't ever think that I don't love you. I'll love you always, honeybear."

"Dad, can I ask you something?"

"What?"

Sergei is relaxed and is leaning against Fox. "Don't call me honeybear in front of Kat...it's sort of embarrassing."

"Tough luck! Embarrassing our kids is one of the few perks us fathers have," Fox quips.

"Ah, Dad!" Sergei whines.

I watch as they disappear into the bathroom. Despite Sergei's size, he is still only fifteen and has a lot of growing up to do.

When we arrive down at our friends' apartment ten minutes later, Duffy is sitting in the enormous chair designed to handle his massive size. He doesn't look well. He's old for a n'thral. Most die before they reach sixty, and he's seventy. It is Ari who is keeping him alive, but even the immortal's healing powers cannot prevent time from stealing the giant's life. Hans is having better luck with Frohike, who is seventy-one, it doesn't require as much energy to keep the smaller man looking like he's still in his fifties. However, even Hans cannot stop his lover from aging indefinitely.

Kat runs over to Sergei as soon as we step into the room. "You told all of them?" She looks pregnant even under all those frumpy clothes. I can't believe we didn't notice it. She's tall for a female, at least six feet. Just a couple inches shorter than Sergei. Kat has her father's red hair, its curly and tied in the back. She's beautiful.

Ari is standing watching her and us. He is holding his two-year-old daughter Bridget. She is his fourth child. His others, Anna and Diana aren't in the room. Anna is thirteen years old and Diana is nine. It's becoming hard for me to remember all of our friends' children's names let alone their ages. We no longer celebrate birthdays or Christmas with them. We host three big parties a year. Halloween, New Year's, and a summer clam bake on the beach. The other holidays are just for our children and us. Now it looks like it will be extended to include our grandchildren and in-laws.

Ari speaks quietly, "I've called Doctor Pendrell and set up an appointment for Kat tomorrow morning. I can't believe I didn't notice that she is pregnant!"

Walter walks over to him. "I'm sorry, Ari, Duffy. We had no idea that our son and your daughter were having sex."

"I don't know what we're going to do with her. She's always been headstrong," Duffy says, shaking his head. He stays seated.

Kat snaps, "Dad, I'm in the room! I'm sixteen and quite capable of making my own decisions!" She holds onto Sergei's hand. "I love Sergei, and he loves me!"

"You're still too young, Kat," Ari says.

"No. I'm not, Dad! I'm almost seventeen! When I turn eighteen, it is expected that I will marry and start having children. That is less than two years from now! At least I found someone who I love and will happily marry!"

Walter shakes his head. "Kat, only Fox's, Alex's, and my daughters are required to marry when they turn eighteen. It is the price we pay for my being King."

"No. My friends and I have discussed this. We live in luxury and under your protection. Only your power as King keeps our fathers and us safe from harm. It isn't fair that only Hope, Faith, Kaylie, and their sisters are required to be married. All of us have taken a vow to marry on our eighteenth birthday. So you see," she smiles, taking Sergei's hand. "I'm getting a head start."

I watch the two of them and know that Kat's the instigator and the driving force behind their relationship. Sergei looks at her with big puppy dog eyes, totally under her power. It's not that Sergei is stupid, far from it. His heart is just too big and he gives his love too easily. I smile. At least he's given it to someone who will be good for him. Kat has Ari's intelligence and love for adventure. She is already showing great promise as a sorceress. The two of them will make quite a team down the road.

"God," Fox groans.

"What?" Everyone looks at him.

"It just hit me. I'm going to be a grandfather."

Kat smiles and walks over and hugs him. "Gramps, you're looking really good for an old man," she teases.

Fox returns the hug. "Welcome to the family, Kat."

"So does that mean you don't object to my stealing your son?"

"No. I do expect you both to finish high school before you get married."

"No problem. It will take at least a year to plan the big wedding I have in mind," she smirks.

Now it is Ari's and Duffy's turn to groan.

Walter stiffens. "Fox, Alex, we're needed at home," he says, turning he runs out of the room without telling us what is wrong. I hate when he does that! Sergei remains behind with Kat and her parents as we follow Walter. At times like these, I feel totally lost without my sorcerer's powers. I haven't had my powers since CGB Spender abducted me sixteen years ago. I'm not sure if they will ever come back.

"Walter, what is it?" I ask as we step onto the elevator.

"It's River...he's passed out. Kaylie says he's running a fever."

I wonder if this means our son is finally changing. He's already beautiful -- I can't imagine what he'll look like after his change. Fox and I exchange worried glances. "What a night!" I mutter.

"I could use another drink," Fox sighs.

"After we attend to River let's get drunk. Walter can take care of the kids," I suggest.

"You're on, Alex." Fox smiles.

Walter sighs. He knows better than to complain. He's had life easy, while Fox and I have gone years without drinking and enduring many sleepless nights for our kids.

The elevator stops on our floor and we race down the corridors to the entertainment room. The kids have covered River with a blanket. Our youngest children are crying.

"Don't worry, squirts, River is going to be fine," I say, kneeling next to him. He is burning up. I can already see changes in him.

Walter bends down and scoops him up, blanket and all. River doesn't weigh much; he's slender and only five feet ten inches tall. Walter easily handles his weight as he carries River to his bedroom.

I enter the bedroom behind them and look around the room as Fox pulls back the covers on the bed and Walter places River down. They remove his clothes as I wander around. I don't come in here any longer. I'm surprised at how it's changed since he was a boy. He has family photographs along with his paintings hanging on the walls. I smile when I see his rag doll rabbit sitting in a place of honor on his bookshelf. This is the room of an adult. No longer is the little boy present. River paints professionally now. I've go down to his studio every week to see his latest creations. They sell for thousands of dollars on the open market. Walter, Fox, and I are happy that River's profession doesn't involve any perils unlike ours. He hardly ever leaves the palace except for trips to purchase more paints or to show his work on the mainland. A large force of sorcerers always accompanies him. All of whom are looking to win his heart, since it's been agreed upon that he will marry once his womb develops.

I look down at our son's beautiful face. He has a few close friends, and had a boyfriend briefly, but he mainly keeps to himself. We are the only ones he lets close. I walk into the bathroom. Again, I'm amazed at the changes. He has a razor sitting next to the sink. God, where have the years gone? I wet a washcloth with cold water and carry it back to the room. I sit on the bed and clean the sweat from his body. Walter takes the washcloth from my hand.

"Alex, why don't you and Fox put the kids to bed, then you can start on your hangover. I'll sit up with River."

I am hesitant to leave. I don't want our son going through this moment in his life without me being here for him.

Walter must have read my emotions. "Alex, it took Fox three days to change. We're going to have to sit in shifts with him. But for now, go and enjoy yourselves."

"Come on, sweetheart," Fox says, taking my hand. He's so calm after everything that's happened tonight. He bends down and kisses River's brow. Walter and I have relied on Fox's calm resolve over the years. Nothing seems to rattle him. He can handle several case files while attending to our children and listening to them intently.

It takes us an hour to put the kids to bed. Arman isn't happy about going to bed without nursing. We spend some time with Hope and Faith telling them about their younger brother and Kat. They're excited about becoming aunts soon. It seems that Sasha and Nicky already knew about their brother. We finally end up back in the entertainment room.

"Scotch, vodka, beer, or wine?" I ask.

"A vodka martini would be great, Alex."

I smile. Fox is serious about getting drunk. I don't remember him ever having a martini in all the years I've known him. I fix the martinis in a shaker. Fox has been very good since Arman was born. He's only had the occasional glass of wine or a beer.

"I'm going to wean Arman next month," Fox says from his position on the sofa. "God, that kid has an appetite worse than Sergei's! Not to mention he's starting to bite."

"Good luck, Fox. I don't think Arman is going to be very happy with being cut off." I hand him the martini. He sips it and makes a face, then closes his eyes, leaning back against the cushions. There is a look of contentment on his beautiful face. I curl up next to him and sip my own martini.

"All things considered, Alex, these last fifteen years have been my happiest." Fox leans against me and opens his eyes. They're a fiery green. "You have to admit, if it was up to us we'd never have had any of our children. Maybe these compulsions really were for the best."

I wrap my arm around his back and pull him closer. "Fox, I love our kids, you know I do, but I'd give anything if I didn't have to become pregnant again."

"Alex, you're just afraid because you're so fertile. Having one baby at a time isn't good enough for you," Fox quips.

I roll my eyes. "It's Walter's and your fault that I had twins then triplets!"

Fox snorts, taking a swallow of his drink. "Alex, if Walter and I are the ones at fault then how come I only had one baby per each of my last three pregnancies?"

I glare at him and pull away. I don't want to listen to him. I'm dreading becoming pregnant again! How could he sit there joking?

Fox touches my back lightly. "I'm sorry, Alex. I didn't mean to upset you."

"You shouldn't joke about something like this," I grumble.

"I'm sorry, Alex. Forgive me?" He's rubbing soothing circles on my back. It's impossible to stay angry with him.

"Okay," I sigh and snuggle back into his arms. Fox is right about one thing -- these have been the happiest fifteen years of our lives. I'm no longer seeing my psychiatrist. I stopped visiting him two years ago and hardly think about my time at White Mountain or the smoker. I'm usually too busy to dwell on the past. Between my career at the FBI, my partnership in the import/export business, my lovers, and my children there isn't room for a whole lot more. Even Slava's visits no longer bother me.

Fox's nearness is arousing me. It's been the one constant throughout the years. He can have me fully erect by one feather light caress of those long fingers. I watch his face. God, he's still the most beautiful thing I've ever laid eyes on. I sigh and drain my glass. Fox rises and takes my glass. He pours me another drink then brings the container back with him, setting it on the coffee table. Fox then goes and turns on the stereo before he curls up beside me once again. We sit there quietly enjoying the warmth of each other's bodies as we sip our drinks listening to the music.

"Alex, what are we going to do about Sergei and Kat?" Fox asks suddenly.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't want them setting a bad example for our other kids. If Sergei is allowed to have sex at fifteen, then what's to stop the rest of our children from behaving that way?"

I see his point. We need to provide some moral guidance, but I haven't a clue what we should do about Sergei and Kat. "I don't know, Fox." We sit there drinking for over an hour. I'm having a hard time concentrating; Fox's closeness is driving me to distraction. I glance at his lap and realize I'm having the same effect on him. "Let's take this back to our bedroom. I want to make love to you. We can figure out what to do with our brats tomorrow."

"Y-you're reading my mind," Fox says, kissing me sweetly, his tongue delving into my mouth.

He giggles against my lips, which sends a shiver of delight straight to my groin. I take the empty glass from his hand and set it on the end table. Fox never was much at holding his alcohol and it doesn't help that he's gone years without any strong liquor. I help Fox to his feet and he staggers against me.

"W-would ya wike to dance?" he chuckles, spinning around and falling back on the sofa.

I roll my eyes. "Come on, Fred, time for bed."

"Not sleepy. You promised to wuv me." He tries to pull me on top of him, but I yank him back to his feet and he sways a little.

"I still intend to fuck you silly, Fox. But it better be in our bedroom because I have no intention of carrying you to bed afterwards." I guide him down the hallway keeping an arm around his waist. He's giggling, which is a sure sign that the two scotches and four martinis have taken their toll. I pause at River's door, wanting to see how our son is doing. I remind myself that Walter's with him, and then continue down the hallway to our bedroom.

"River will be fine," Fox murmurs as I help him out of his clothes.

"Fox, he's locked himself away from all possible suitors. I'm worried about him. In a year's time he'll be in the same boat as us."

Fox's eyes clear briefly as he sinks down on the bed. He's still drunk off his ass, but he seems to understand what I'm saying. "W-we found our girls husbands. We'll do the same for River."

"God, Fox. River isn't the same as Hope and Faith. We interviewed hundreds of men and had dozens of parties before our daughters chose the two men they wanted to marry. River has avoided meeting anyone! He's turned down thousands of invitations for a date..." Fox grabs me and pulls me down on top of him and kisses me, stopping all further complaints.

He murmurs against my lips, I can taste the vodka on his breath. "River's a man. Trust him."

"But, Fox," I moan as his mouth consumes mine.

Fox spreads his legs apart and whispers breathlessly, "Fuck me. I need you."

It was all the command I need. I didn't waste time preparing him. I spread lube on my cock and between his buttocks then quickly entered him from behind. He's lying on his side now, with one leg bent up. My chest is against his back. I close my eyes and lay there contently with my cock up his ass and my chin resting on his shoulder. I nip his earlobe, making him moan and push back on my cock.

I thrust in and out of him as my hand snakes around to grab his penis. It's flaccid, one major drawback to drinking too much. I pump it in time with my thrusts, trying to force life into it. Fox is whimpering, but he's too inebriated to do more than lie there and let me pleasure him. I thrust harder until the bed is rocking under our coupling. God, it feels so good being inside him, laying behind him, and breathing in his delicious scent. I pump his penis harder until it spurts over my fist. Fox sighs and slumps against my chest. I increase the pace of my thrusts until I come a few minutes later. As I pull out, Fox makes a purring sound and turns around in my arms, resting his head on my shoulder and is out like a light. I smile down at his sleeping face, before climbing out of bed to get a soapy washcloth to clean us both up. I climb back into bed and pull the bedcovers over our bodies, snuggling close to Fox. I soon join him in the blissful blanket of sleep.

I'm awakened some time later by a suckling sound and a movement between Fox's and my body. I look down at Arman's little head as he suckles at Fox's nipple. His little hands are kneading the flesh. I glance toward the open nursery door. "Okay, thief, enough," I say pulling him away from Fox.

"No! I thirsty, Daddy!" He twists in my arms trying to get back to Fox, who is snoring softly. Arman's little midnight feeding hasn't stirred him one bit from his drunken slumber. The little boy's body is warm. He's dressed in a one-piece flannel sleeper with attached booties.

"Arman, I'll get you a glass of milk from the kitchen. Daddy Fox is off limits tonight."

"I don't want kitchen milk! I want Daddy's milk!" he pouts.

God, he has Fox's lips and eyes, making his pout nearly irresistible. He's not chubby like Sergei was at his age, but he has the same appetite. I brush the dark brown hair out of his hazel eyes as I climb out of bed holding him. I search for my robe. "Arman, Daddy Fox was drinking alcohol tonight, so his milk isn't going to be good for you to drink for at least a day." I set him on his feet so I can pull on my robe. I have to grab him again as he dashes for the bed. Damn that kid has a one-track mind.

"Let go, Daddy!" He struggles and tries to bite me.

"Bite me, thief, and you'll be sitting in the corner for the next two days," I warn.

Arman starts crying at that point, which wakes Fox.

"W-what'sgoingon?" he slurs.

"Our little thief is thirsty, but he doesn't want kitchen milk," I say. I'm holding onto Arman who is still crying with his little arms held out to Fox.

Fox groans and rubs his temples. "Chocolate milk. Give him chocolate milk."

Arman stops crying and looks at me with big puffy eyes and snot running out of his nose. "I likes chocolate milk," he says sweetly. Then he lays his head on my shoulder and starts sucking his thumb.

I sigh, hugging his warm little body. I'm about to tell Fox that I'm going to the kitchen, but he's already back to sleep with the blanket pulled over his head. "C'mon, thief, let's get you a big glass of chocolate milk," I murmur softly as I carry him out of the bedroom to the kitchen. I'm surprised to see our oldest daughters up and sitting around the breakfast table.

"Hey, girls, what are you doing up at two o'clock in the morning?"

Hope smiles at me. She stands and takes Arman. "We're worried about River and excited about Sergei and Kat. Isn't it romantic? Our little brother is going to be a Dad!" She sits back down with Arman on her lap, hugging him. She's seventeen and beautiful with green eyes and curly sable hair. I glance around the table at my other daughters, Faith, Angelique, Alek, Summer, and Kaylie. They're all beautiful.

I shake my head. "No, it's not romantic," I say, going to the refrigerator and pulling out carton of Hershey's chocolate milk. "Hope, there is nothing romantic about a fifteen-year-old becoming a father." I pour the milk into a bottle and hand it to Hope who holds it for Arman as he drinks.

"He'll be sixteen in three weeks," Faith chimes in. "Besides, their love affair is so romantic, unlike Hope's and my prearranged marriages."

Damn, that hurt. I sigh, sitting between Kaylie and Hope at the table. "We had no choice..."

"We know, Dad!" Hope says interrupting. "We're happy with the men we're going to marry...at least we were allowed to choose." She places a manicured hand over mine and squeezes it reassuringly.

Faith says, "Dad, we don't blame you. At least you saw to it that our daughters wouldn't be made to marry on their eighteenth birthday. It's a small price to pay for everything that we've been given throughout our lives. Considering so many others have done without."

My daughter's unselfish words touch me deeply. I have tears welling up in my eyes. Damn, I never cry -- at least not in front of my children. We've done such a good job of instilling morals in them. I'll have to tell Fox that when he wakes up. We really don't need to worry about Sergei and Kat setting a bad example for them. Our kids have minds of their own and know what is right and what is wrong. "Girls, Kat said that she and your friends have all made a pack to get married when they're eighteen. Did you know about this?"

"Yeah. Gracie, Emi, and Ayako already have made plans with their boyfriends to marry next fall," Faith said.

"What about me?" Angelique asks quietly. She's been unusually quiet lately.

"It isn't required that you marry, Angel. You can take your time and find the right person to share your life with." My lovers and I have had long talks with our Seraph daughter about who and what she is. However, Angelique still feels left out. Even though her cousins also have wings. It isn't the same. She wants to be like her sisters.

"Dad, I don't like being different," she says sadly.

"Angel, we're all different..."

"A boy at school told me that Daddy Fox tried to abort me...that he didn't want me." Tears sprout in her eyes and she wipes at them. Her sisters try to comfort her, telling her that the boy was lying.

We've told her who and what her father is, but not how Fox ended up pregnant with her. "The boy was telling the truth. However, that doesn't mean Fox doesn't love you with all of his heart," I say, kneeling next to her chair. I take her dainty hands in mine. "Angel, Fox became pregnant with you by being raped. None of us knew what to expect and your father was frightened and hurting at the time. He didn't know what he was carrying, or if the alien life inside him would harm Walter's and my babies. We didn't know that you'd turn out to be so sweet and innocent. When you were born, Fox refused to look at you or hold you. Walter and I thought we'd have to find another home for you. It turned out that we didn't need to. Fox finally looked at you and fell instantly in love. He has never stopped loving you, Angel. He was angry with himself for the longest time afterwards for how he treated you upon your birth."

"I'm sorry, Dad. I didn't know." Angelique's voice quivers as she says, "Daddy Fox must have been so upset..."

She starts crying and I pull her into my arms. She is petite...only 5' 3" tall. "Angel, Fox loves you. Walter loves you, and I love you. There's no need to feel guilty. You are *our daughter* and always will be. What happened to Fox will never have anything to do with how we feel about you."

"Can I go see Daddy Fox?" she asks.

"Sure, Angel, but he drank a bit too much alcohol earlier and is sleeping."

"I won't wake him. I just need to see him," she says, standing and running out of the kitchen.

All my daughters are looking at me sadly.

Hope is the one who finally speaks. "Dad, we've heard rumors about some bad things that have happened to you and Daddy Fox...how much of them are true?"

"I wouldn't know unless you tell me what rumors you're talking about." I walk over to the coffeemaker and start making a fresh pot of coffee. It doesn't look like I'll be getting any sleep tonight.

"That Nikolai Slava kidnapped and raped Daddy Fox, and that you were raped by him as well," Hope says hesitantly.

I keep my back to them as I prepare the coffee. "It's true," I say. "But it happened a long time ago."

"How can you allow that man into our home and near Nicky?" Hope asks.

I turn around to face her. "He's Nicky's father. If I thought Nicky or anyone else was in any danger from him, I'd never allow him in our home."

"What about Sasha?" Faith asks.

"What about Sasha?" I look at her puzzled.

"Nicky, Sergei, and Sasha often visit the Tsar together. Aren't you worried about Sasha's safety?"

I sigh. "No, Faith. Slava isn't a child molester. He'd never try anything with Sasha." I pour myself a cup of coffee and sit back down at the table.

Kaylie speaks up suddenly, "Daddy, a lot of boys have been coming on to Sasha at school."

Oh great. I run a hand over my face, when did my life enter the twilight zone? Being a spy was so much easier. One of my main worries is Sasha's safety. Fox and I wanted Sasha and Gawain to be around kids their age. So we allowed them to go to school instead of being tutored at home. "How long has this been going on?" I ask.

"Since last year. Don't worry, Daddy. The boys won't try anything with Sasha. They're too afraid of Sergei, Nicky, and Duncan."

I feel somewhat more relieved. I know Sasha's brothers and best friend would never let anything happen to him. I am going to have to start taking more precautions with Gawain. He's only ten years old and several grades below his brothers and they're not always around to look out for him. I've been depending on Arty to keep an eye on him, but maybe I should place a couple of the guards outside his classroom.

"Daddy, I sleepy," Arman says, climbing off Hope's lap and walking over to me, he lays his head on my thigh.

I scoop him up in my arms. "Did you get enough milk to drink?"

"Yes. I need to pee pee."

"Well, then we should get you to the bathroom." I smile, cuddling him in my arms. He's so cute. I can see so much of Fox in him and a little of Walter. I stop at the kitchen doorway and look back at my daughters. "Girls, get some sleep."

"'Kay, Dad. Night," Faith says.

"Dad, can you help me with my school project tomorrow?" Summer asks, before I can leave.

"Sure, Summer. Now go to bed...that's an order."

I carry Arman back to the master bedroom. We have his potty-chair set up next to our toilet. I glance at the bed when I pass it, noticing that Fox is no longer alone. Our Angel is curled up sleeping in his arms. I climb the steps to the bathroom and unzipped Arman's sleeper and pull his arms through the sleeves. He stands there swaying tiredly. He's crabby as I pull down his training pants and have him sit on his potty chair. The splashguard prevents any mishaps.

I run through the night's events as I wait for my son to finish. What a night! From our triplets' seventh birthday, Sergei's surprise announcement, and finally River's pending change.

"I done, Daddy."

I struggle to help him back into the one-piece sleeper. I think it's about time to get him normal pajamas. "Okay, Mani, let's get you to bed."

"I sleep with you, Daddy?"

I look into his tired hazel eyes, and smile. "Just this once. Tomorrow night it's back in your own bed." I carry him downstairs and deposit him in the bed next to Fox, then go to find a pair of pajamas to put on. It's not like Fox and I are going to have sex again this evening. I notice that Fox has on a pair of flannel pajamas. He probably put them on when Angel joined him in bed. I pull on my pajamas and slide under the covers, scooting over to the center of the bed next to Arman and Fox.

Fox turns his head and looks at me. "It's about time you got back."

"How's the buzz?"

"Gone. I hate being an immortal," he sighs.

I grin. "Well, at least we never get hangovers."

"There is that." He pets Angelique's wings and kisses the top of her head. "Alex, I really wanted to tell her before she found out on her own. She cried herself to sleep."

"She understands, Fox."

"Shh! NO talk! GO bed!" Arman orders.

"Okay, thief, we'll be quiet," I chuckle, hugging him and placing a hand on my lover's chest. I find that I sleep better if I'm touching some part of him. Mostly I like sleeping in his arms or with him in my arms. My favorite position is sandwiched between Fox and Walter. Their closeness has gotten me through many nightmares over the past fifteen years.


I wake to find myself alone in bed. The aroma of fresh brewed coffee fills my sinuses. I turn my head and look over toward our breakfast table. Fox is sitting there glancing through a book and drinking a mug of coffee. Arman is sitting on his lap. Our son is eating a bowl of hot cereal. I look around for Angelique, she's nowhere in sight.

"She's gone back to her room to dress," Fox says, setting down the book. "Come and have some coffee with me."

I climb out of the warm bed. Fox has taken the time to light a fire in the hearth, so the room is nice and cozy.

"Daddy, it's snowing!" Arman tells me pointing outside.

I glance out the French doors leading out onto the veranda. Already there is almost a foot of snow piled up against the doors. It must have started snowing sometime after we went to bed last night. It is still coming down heavily. I always get a warm feeling inside at the first snowfall of the winter. Fox pours me a mug of coffee as I sit next to him.

"What are you reading?" I ask before I notice it's a holiday cookbook. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. We always give our chef and employees Thanksgiving off. Which makes preparing the Thanksgiving meal a family event. It is the one holiday we spend together in the kitchen cooking as a family. Fox is in charge of the vegetable dishes this year. I'm handling desserts. Walter is taking care of the turkey. Our older daughters and sons are going to be pitching in with salads, breads, relishes, and beverages, while the younger children are in charge of setting the table.

Fox picks up his coffee mug. "I'm looking for a couple of new vegetable dishes to make for tomorrow. The younger kids have been complaining about our traditional family dishes."

I smile. I'm not too crazy about creamed spinach or peas with pearly onions either. I'm still not sure how they became part of our traditional Thanksgiving meal. "So what did you find to make?"

"Sweet potatoes and marshmallows," Arman shouts.

"We always have sweet potatoes, Mani. Daddy Alex wants to know what new vegetable recipes we've picked out," Fox says, hugging the little boy.

"Oh." Arman grins at me. "Corn and green beans."

Fox clarifies, "Corn pudding and French cut green beans with almonds."

Walter enters the bedroom. He looks tired.

"Hey, Walter, how's River doing?" Fox asks.

"He's still sleeping. Hope is watching over him," Walter says. He sits at the table and reaches for the coffeepot. Fox beats him to it and pours him a mug of coffee.

"It took three days for me to change into an immortal," Fox says, setting the coffeepot down. "It's a shame, River is going to miss Thanksgiving. Maybe we should celebrate it when he wakes up?"

I nod my head in agreement. "That's a good idea. He should be an immortal by Friday. Let's plan on having Thanksgiving on Saturday."

"I agree. It wouldn't be Thanksgiving unless River is able to join us," Walter says. Arman climbs off Fox's lap and up onto Walter's. The little boy just worships Walter.

"Hey, champ, did you sleep well last night?" Walter asks, hugging and kissing his son.

"I sleeped in Daddy's bed with Angel."

"Really? I thought Daddy Fox and Daddy Alex wanted to sleep alone last night." Walter looks at me questioningly.

Mulder coughs and says sheepishly, "I got a little too drunk and passed out."

Skinner smirks around his coffee cup. "Fox, I love you, even if you can't hold your liquor."

Fox grins, leaning over, he kisses Walter. "I think I'll go and check in on River. Why don't you get some sleep? Arman, let's allow Daddy Walter to get some rest. I want to wash your hair, then you can help me choose some more recipes." He takes the little boy from Walter.

I stay to keep Walter company. We are all officially on holiday until Monday, so we don't have to worry about going to work.

"Why is Fox looking up new recipes?" Walter asks.

"The kids have talked him out of making creamed spinach and peas this year."

Walter's face drops. "I love creamed spinach. Thanksgiving is the only time we have it," he sighs.

I chuckle, "Walter, the kids don't like it. We'll just make sure that we serve it on our anniversaries."

"Okay. That works for me." Walter drains the rest of his coffee from the mug. "I have to go to Area 51 on Monday. My generals have the latest spacecraft ready for testing. Alex, I think this might be the biggest breakthrough we've seen yet in space travel."

"I want to go with you, Walter. Fox and I have been talking and we'd like to be more involved in the decisions being made for defending our world."

I watch Walter as he frowns. He's been as protective of me, since I lost my powers, as he's ever been with Fox. I can understand his fears for our safety. I have the same fears for Fox and to a lesser extent myself. It is a good feeling knowing that he's come to love me as much as he loves Fox. I don't think I've shown Walter how much I love him lately.

"Alex, I don't want you around the men at Area 51. They're a rowdy and horny bunch. Not to mention they're cut off by their location from other men..."

"Walter, I can take care of myself. Besides, who would try anything with you and our security force present?"

"What about Fox? He needs you here to help with the children."

"Walter, our nannies can help him, and don't forget that most of our kids are old enough to look after themselves."

"You're not going to let this drop are you?"

"No. I want to be involved in the decisions being made. Don't keep me out. Our family's future is riding on this, too."

"If you get directly involved then Fox will want to be included, too."

"As he should be. We're partners in everything."

"Alex, Area 51 has n'thrals doing the heavy assembly work on the spaceships. I don't think it's a good idea for you to go there with me."

"I'm going, Walter! End of story!" He knows how much it irritates me when he's overly protective. Even after eighteen years together Walter still tries to shield us. It would be an endearing trait if it weren't so annoying. Fox and I aren't stupid. We always take a minimum of a twenty-sorcerer security force with us whenever we leave the island.

"Sorry, Alex. I'm doing it again aren't I?" Walter smiles tiredly.

I suddenly realize that he's sat up all night next to River's bedside. "Go to bed, Walter."

He reaches and takes my hand. "Will you join me, Alex?"

"I'm not tired..."

"I wasn't thinking about sleeping just yet," he purrs softly.

Rising, Walter bends down and kisses me. Soon, I'm melting against his sturdy frame. God, he's a good kisser. He's always been able to get a rise out of me in more ways than one. His musky scent fills my sinuses. I want him -- badly.

"Bed?" he growls, pulling me to my feet. He's been working out, his muscles are practically rippling. I make a mental note to spend more time in our home gym. Walter and our children spend a couple hours a day in the gym. Sergei and Nicky spend most of their time working out with weights, while Sasha and Gawain are more like Fox, preferring running and swimming for exercise. Our daughters have their own personal aerobics instructor.

I'm on my back in the center of our bed before I know it. Somewhere from the table to the bed I've been divested of my pajamas. Now I lay there watching as Walter strips. I reach down and stroke my hard-on. My other hand is over my belly, caressing softly. Then I penetrate my navel with a finger. It's moist and hot and my whole body becomes ablaze with pleasure as my orifice squeezes my digit. My mind is seized by the sensation, making it hard to think clearly. All I know is that I want to feel Walter fucking me there.

Walter must have sensed my need. "Is this what you want, Alex?" he asks, lowering himself on top of me with his hand touching my belly, he pulls my finger free.

"Yes," I choke out. My whole body is needy. Walter's mouth covers mine again. All my nerves are seared with a white, hot passion. I melt into a puddle of pure desire beneath him. My mind has stopped working with his first kiss. All I want now is release.

He moves up straddling my body. I feel the bulbous head of his penis against my navel. I arch up off the bed as he slams into me. "OH, GOD!" The sensation is incredible as my orifice squeezes and milks his cock. Walter is making whimpering noises. He's receiving even more pleasure from our joining than I am. I know, because I've fucked Fox this way many times and the sensation on my penis was incredible.

It doesn't take long for Walter to get off and my orgasm shortly follows his. We're both laying sweaty in a tangle of arms and legs. My heart suddenly skips a beat and I feel ill. "Oh shit...oh shit...oh shit..." I muttered.

Walter lifts himself off me and looks into my face. I can feel the change in my body already. I can't believe this has happened.

"What's wrong, Alex?"

"Oh God. I forgot! I can't believe I forgot! Fuck, with everything that has happened over the past twelve hours, it just slipped my mind. Walter, today was the beginning of my cycle... oh fuck."

"You don't mean?"

"You just got me pregnant!" I groan. I can't believe this has happened. Yesterday, I had the minor pangs that always accompany my cycle. I wasn't even having compulsions yet!

Walter is grinning down at me, looking quite pleased with himself. I feel like strangling him.

"Alex, look on the bright side. You would have had compulsions to become pregnant in the next few months anyway. So you're just saving yourself a lot of anxiety."

"Shut up, Walter! Dammit! Fox is going to die laughing. I can't tell him...you tell him." I cover my face with my arm too embarrassed to look at him.

"Fox isn't going to laugh at you."

"HA! If Fox got himself in the same predicament, I'd be laughing!" I glare at Walter and growl, "It better only be one baby this time!"

"Don't blame me if you have twins. You're the one who's so fucking fertile."

I don't want to hear this, so I shove him off me. "Let me up, Walter. I need to take a shower."

I hurry up the steps to the bathroom. I hear Walter following me, so I spin around and glare at him snapping angrily, "Alone!" His face drops and he starts backing down the steps. I take pity on him. This really isn't his fault. "Walter, I'm sorry. I don't blame you. I really need a few minutes alone to gather my thoughts. Go to bed, we'll talk after you've slept."

"Okay, Alex. I'll tell Fox if you still want me to?"

"No. I'll tell him." I turn and head across the bathroom to the shower. I wait a couple of minutes for the water to heat up before stepping in. I close my eyes and allow the spray to sooth my frazzled nerves. Pregnant. I knew my compulsions would be starting up again at anytime. It has been over seven years since I was pregnant. I stand under the spray with my back to the room and am surprised when arms wrap around my waist. "Walter, I told you I wanted to be alone..."

"He's in bed sleeping, Alex," Fox's voice purrs close to my ear. "Why are you angry with Walter?"

"Daddy, shampoo me," Arman says.

I look down at the little boy. Arman squeezes in between Fox and me. I've only given birth to one boy, Nicky, Slava's son.

"In a second, Mani," Fox says.

I look at Fox. "I did something really stupid. I-ah I completely forgot that our cycles started today."

"Alex, we're always able to tell when our cycle starts. It's impossible to just forget. "

"Well I did! And now I'm pregnant!"

Fox looks deep into my eyes, his hazel orbs searching for answers. "No, I don't think you forgot. Alex, you've been so nervous these past several months that I think you subconsciously desired to get it over with."

"You think I became pregnant on purpose?"

Fox didn't answer me. Instead, he kneeled and started washing Arman's hair. I think I'd prefer him to be laughing at me. Was he right? Did I forget on purpose?

Fox looks up at me and snickers, "Maybe you'll have quads this time."

I glare at him, wanting to slap that smirk off his face. If Arman wasn't in the shower with us, I might have given into the impulse. "I'll leave having quads to you, Fox!" I grumble, stepping out of the shower.

"Alex, I was only joking. I'm sure you'll only be having one baby this time."

I towel off standing in front of the mirror. I turn sideways admiring my physique. It's only seven months--then I'll be back to normal. I sigh. No, then I'll have three years of nursing and leaky nipples to look forward to. I'll never admit this to Fox or Walter, but I do enjoy the sensation of my babies suckling at my nipples. I'm even more embarrassed by the fact that I've come in my pants countless times from the stimulation. I don't want my lovers to think I'm a degenerate, so I would never tell them. However, I have noticed Fox getting erections over the years while he was nursing. I also hate the thought of not being able to have any strong alcohol for the next four years. I guess last night was my last hurrah.

I glance over to the shower. Fox is just finishing washing Arman. I touch my stomach. I really would like a boy this time around. I jerk my hand away. Oh shit, why is being pregnant so easy for me to accept? Maybe I really did forget on purpose. I dress quickly. I need to get away to think.


I'm bundled in my heavy winter coat and boots, making my way to the village. I know I am being watched. Although the sorcerers from the palace don't physically follow me when I leave the palace. The palace's clairvoyants always keep an eye on me whenever I go anywhere unaccompanied. It is a compromise that I worked out with Walter. The snow is getting deeper and the wind has picked up, it is becoming harder to see. It stings my cheeks, so I pull my scarf more securely around my face. My boots make a crunching noise as I plow through the ice-encrusted snow. I stop several times wondering if I should turn back. Then I see the lights from the village. Although it is late morning, all of the streetlights are on due to the heavy snowfall. I pound on the door to Yori's and Lev's restaurant and tavern. They haven't opened up for the lunch crowd yet. There probably won't be many people trekking out on a day like today.

Yori opens the door smiling broadly. His beard has gone completely white. All the little kids call him Santa Claus.

"Alexei, come in and congratulations!"

"Yori, please stop reading my mind," I say, pushing past him and into the tavern's main room. There is a fire blazing in the large hearth that divides the pub from the restaurant. I shrug out of my coat and take a seat by the hearth. I'm shivering as I stare into the flames. I'm not going to let this pregnancy interfere with me going to Area 51 in the future or my becoming more involved with the defense of our world. I've wallowed in my own self-pity for too many years. Wasted too much time at my shrink's trying to get my head right. Fox and I should have been working beside Walter years ago, but neither of us were quite strong enough yet. We needed to work through the changes our mutation brought into our lives.

"Drink this, Alexei," Yori says, setting a steaming mug next to me. Then he takes a seat across from me.

The aroma of apples and spices fills my senses. I pick up the mug and take a sip of the hot cider. "Thanks, Yori."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"What's to talk about? I'm pregnant again."

"Aren't you used to it by now?"

I snort, looking over at him. "God, Yori, this sucks! I doubt I'll ever get used to being pregnant! You know what really sucks? Fox is going to have his life back for at least the next four years, while I'm stuck taking care of Walter's and my baby. It would be nice if we were both pregnant and nursing at the same time. Then we can have four free years to ourselves."

Lev comes out of the kitchen and places a smoked fish, cheese, and fruit platter on the table. "Maybe you can convince Mulder to get pregnant as a favor to you."

I shake my head as I pick up an apple slice and spread Brie on it, then top it off with some caviar. "Lev, he's still nursing Arman. He's not going to want another baby this soon."

"Get him drunk and..."

"NO!" I glare at Lev. I can't believe he'd suggest such a thing.

"If Mulder asks you what you want for Christmas this year, you have the perfect request," Yori smirks.

"Guys, you aren't helping," I mutter, cutting off a piece of smoked salmon.

"Alexei, what are you really worried about?"

I hesitate, looking at the knife in my hand. "Yori, I don't want to have another multiple pregnancy. Having triplets the last time was unbearable. By the end of my sixth month, Walter and Fox were helping me back up every time I sat. It was degrading."

"When are you going to be able to tell how many babies you're having?" Lev asks.

"Two months." I sip the cider. "I'll be overjoyed if I'm only having one baby and ecstatic if it's a boy. I wouldn't have to worry about finding him a husband when he turns eighteen."

"That means you're having Walter's baby," Lev says.

Everyone knows that Fox's sperm will only produce female offspring. "Yes, it's Walter's."

The restaurant door opens, bringing in a gale of cold air and snow. Nicky, Duncan, and Sasha storm in followed by five of the palace's security force. Our guards always accompany Sasha when he leaves the palace.

"What do you three think you're doing coming here during a blizzard?" I snap.

"Dad, it's hardly a blizzard!" Nicky says, taking off his coat, gloves, and hat, hanging them on the hooks next to the door. Sasha and Duncan follow suit and are soon strolling over to my table. They sit in the empty chairs. The five-member security force takes a table in the corner. Lev hurries to serve them hot cider.

"Is it true that Daddy Walter knocked you up?" Sasha asks, smirking. Nicky and Duncan cover their mouths snickering.

I glare at my mouthy son. "Brat, you're not too big to go over my knee!"

"Chill, Dad! I'm only joking." Sasha grabs a slice of cheese from the tray and looks at me as he nibbles on it. "So how many babies are you going to have this time? Two, four, six?"

I growl at him, "Hunter Krycek-Mulder, need I remind you that you're my flesh and blood? If I'm prone to having multiple birth pregnancies then you will be, too." Sasha doesn't like it when I call him Hunter. I use it whenever I'm feeling irritated with him. Since he's become a teenager, Sasha's become increasingly lippy and rebellious.

"Point taken, Dad," Sasha grumbles.

I notice the adoring looks Duncan gives him. Shit, am I going to have to be concerned about Duncan hitting on Sasha? I better sit down and have a talk with them before anything happens. Not that Sasha will get pregnant any time soon; he still hasn't reached puberty. I'm hoping that he won't until he's in his twenties. He already has the immortal surreal beauty, but he's not giving off pheromones yet.

"So what are you boys doing here?" I ask.

"We were bored. Sergei is hanging with Kat today."

"Where's Gawain?" I don't like it when the boys leave their younger brother out of things.

"Dad, it's snowing too hard and we didn't think it was a good idea to bring Gawain with us," Nicky says, hurriedly.

"Besides, he's helping Dad Fox," Sasha says.

"Helping him do what?"

"Taking all of the Christmas decorations out of storage."

"Why didn't you three stay and help?"

Nicky makes a face. "We're stuck going with Daddy Walter on Sunday to cut down the Christmas tree."

"I thought you always enjoyed that?"

"Dad, I did when it was on a Friday! There's a football game on Sunday. We're going to miss it!" Nicky complains.

It's a family tradition, to cut down our family Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. However, since we switched Thanksgiving to Saturday because of River that moved the tree cutting to Sunday. I really didn't think it would cause any dissension within our family. I forgot how much the boys liked watching the ballgames on Sunday. "Okay, how about we go and cut the tree down on Friday?"

Nicky smiles with relief and says, "Thanks, Dad. Will you tell Daddy Walter?"

"Sure," I sigh, and look at my watch. It is past noon, and I never even stopped to see how River was doing. I've been too busy wallowing in self-pity. "I'm going to be heading back, boys. Would you like to come with me?"

"I think we'll hang here for a while, Dad," Sasha says.

I stand and stretch, then bend down and kiss both of my boys. "Don't stay here too long," I say.

"Hey, you forgot to kiss me goodbye," Duncan says, smirking. The kid looks too much like Rory, with that wicked grin on his lips and his dark mischievous eyes.

I ruffle his brown hair. "You and I are going to have a long talk tomorrow, Duncan."

He looks at me nervously, probably wondering what he's done wrong. "Okay."

I stroll over to the coat rack and pull on my winter coat. I wonder what Fox's reaction would be if I really were to ask him to have my baby now instead of waiting for his compulsions to start up again in four years? It wouldn't hurt to ask. Besides, he knows I'm upset with him over the quads comment maybe I can use that to sway him. One of the things I hate most about becoming pregnant is the nearly one month long sleep that always follows three to five days after we become pregnant. It looks like I won't be going to Area 51 with Walter on Monday.


I am chilled to the bone when I finally reach the palace. My clothes are damp from the clinging snow. I'm shivering as I ride the elevator up to our floor. I have one thought on my mind, that is to immerse myself in a hot bath. I pause at the entertainment room when I hear laughter inside. Fox looks up at me from the pile of boxes that Nadia and Kira are helping him sort through. Arman is bedecked with garland. It hangs draped from his shoulders, trailing on the floor behind him.

The little boy smiles when he sees me, holding out his arms he says, "Look at me, Daddy! I'm a Christmas tree!"

"Arman, doesn't Daddy Alex look like a snowman?" Gawain says, laughing. He's sitting cross-legged on the floor next to Fox, trying to untangle a string of Christmas tree lights. The boy is beautiful. He has an innocence about him that makes him breathtaking. I'm more protective of Gawain than I am of Sasha. Maybe it's because Sasha looks like me, while Gawain has pretty baby blue eyes and thick blond hair and a face that cries out to be protected.

"I'm a melting snowman," I say, standing there dripping on the carpet.

"Girls, watch Arman for me. I'm going to thaw out our snowman," Fox says, leering at me.

I know Fox is incredibly horny because of his cycle. Maybe I can use it to my advantage. "What do you have in mind, Fox?" I ask as we walk down the hallway together.

"First, a hot bubble bath. Then I'm going to give you a massage. Afterwards, or maybe during, I'm going to fuck you, until you come screaming my name."

"That sounds like fun, but I want to check in on River before we do anything," I say, opening the door to River's bedroom.

Kaylie is sitting at his bedside reading a book. She smiles at me. "He's still sleeping, Dad."

I walk over and look down at his face. His lashes are thicker and his skin smoother. I don't know how we're going to protect him. I wouldn't even trust our security force with him now. I bend down and run my fingers through his thick hair that is damp with sweat. I'm determined to figure out someway to make this change easy for him.

We enter the bedroom and find Walter sitting on the edge of the bed yawning.

"Hey, Walter. Do you want to share a hot bath with us?" Fox asks. His hands are quickly removing my soaked clothes. I'm shivering violently. I can't remember the last time I was more chilled.

"Sure, Fox. I'll go start the bath while you both finish stripping," Walter says, walking naked up the steps to the bathroom.

Fox has both our clothes removed quickly. He enfolds me in his arms, holding me pressed against his warm body as he rubs circles around my back. The shivers soon leave and I rest my chin on his shoulder and start to feel warmer. Then I purposely press up against his navel. I know it's his most erogenous zone and it's especially sensitive right now. I get the desired moan out of him and he rubs his hard length against me. "Fox, I have a favor to ask you," I say as we move up the steps to the bath.

"Favor? Alex, you know I'd do anything for you."

I look at Walter over Fox's shoulder. He is pouring foaming bath oil under the faucet while watching us intently. "Why don't we get in the bathtub first then I'll ask you," I say smiling. "Walter, can you zap Fox up a glass of wine."

"Alex..." Fox begins to protest.

I kiss him tenderly. "Shh, I want you to be relaxed." I take his hand and step into the bathtub. The water is hot against my cold flesh. I sink down to my neck in the foamy scented water. Fox snuggles up against my side.

"Here, Fox." Walter hands him a glass of deep burgundy wine. Then another glass appears in his hand that he hands to me. "Sparkling Apple cider," he says, climbing into the bathtub and sitting on my other side.

"Mm, this is nice. I can't remember the last time we shared a bubble bath," Fox says, sipping his wine.

I set my glass on the ledge, freeing my hands to caress his smooth flesh. I wrap one arm around his waist and lay my hand over his belly. Walter is nibbling on my shoulder, working his way up to my neck. In the meantime I circle my finger around Fox's navel.

"I want you to have my baby, Fox," I say softly.

Fox chokes on the wine and Walter stops sucking my throat.

"Fox, you said you'd do anything for me."

"No."

"Just think of the fun we'll be able to have together after we've weaned them. We'd have four free years to enjoy ourselves." I keep up the stimulation on his orifice as I'm talking, teasing the opening with my fingertip.

"No."

"He has a point, Fox," Walter says.

"Walter... Alex, stop!" Fox grabs my hand, but he doesn't remove it from his belly. He holds it still as he looks into my eyes. "Jeez...give me a day to think about it."

I can't believe he's actually willing to consider it. I grin foolishly. Leaning over, I kiss him. "Thanks." I hope he agrees. It would make it easier to bear this pregnancy if I wasn't going through it alone. I lean back in the hot water and close my eyes allowing it and my lovers to pleasure me.


Chapter 2 - Walter

Crystal Palace
Friday, November 24, 2017

"C'mon, Sasha, shake a leg! You're lagging behind!" I look down the steep hill at my son, who is leaning up against a tree, looking miserable. My other sons Sergei, Gawain, and Nicky stand beside me bundled in their heavy parkas and boots.

"I'm tired! I'm hungry! I'm cold! I didn't want to come!" Sasha shouts back.

I didn't give my sons a choice about coming with me today. The only two who aren't here are River, who has just woken up from his three-day change, and Arman who is still too young. I smile, Arman probably would have been less trouble than Sasha. He's a bundle of three-year-old energy. I imagine Fox was just like him as a little boy, inquisitive and into everything.

I bristle looking down the hill. "Get your butt moving, Sasha!"

"It's not fair!" he says as he trudges through the snow toward us.

"Life's not fair, get use to it."

"I don't see why we couldn't have our servants chop down our Christmas tree!" Sasha grumbles.

I probably shouldn't have brought him. He's been such a pain in the ass the last several months. At least he's learned his lesson after our last scuffle. I never came so close to spanking one of my kids before. Instead, Fox took care of disciplining him. I'm still not sure what Fox did, but afterward Sasha was a perfect angel for the next few weeks. "Sasha, if you don't want to spend the rest of the weekend in your room, I suggest you improve your attitude!" He glares at me, but keeps his thoughts to himself as we continue walking. Only the sound of our feet crunching through the snow breaks the silence.

"Dad, call me Hunter. Sasha's a baby's name," he says suddenly. His brothers stop and look at him questioningly.

I roll my eyes, teenagers! We continue to trudge through the snow to the crop of evergreens. I've had my eye on a beautiful blue spruce. "Okay, Hunter. At least it will make Alex happy, he never did like the nickname Sasha."

"I'm not changing it to make him happy! I'm an adult now so I want an adult name!"

Sergei and Nicky snicker. I turn my glare on them. "Boys."

"Sorry, Dad," Sergei says.

I look at Sasha standing before me shivering. "You're not an adult until you're eighteen." He frowns but holds his tongue. I don't know what to do with the boy! I meet with world leaders on a daily basis. I deal with internal threats to my rule and my country's security. I command hundreds of thousands of men in my military. I oversee all major military projects personally. I am the leader of the most powerful nation on earth. Millions of citizens look to me for guidance and security. However, a mere sixteen-year-old boy has me flustered and befuddled.

"Fine," I say. Reaching out a gloved hand, I touch his ruby red cheek. "If you insist on being called Hunter I'll oblige you. If you no longer want to be a part of our family tree cutting tradition, then next year I won't force you to participate."

We walk along in silence for the remainder of the hike, stopping beside a grove of evergreens. I put my arm around Sasha's shoulders. "Hunter, my family came to this land immediately after my mother's supposed death. We settled in the American heartland, Chicago, where my dad eventually fell in love with and married my stepmother. Her last name was Skinner. My father took it for his and our name. He wanted a new life for us. He was determined to make this new country meaningful and steeped in new traditions to replace old, painful memories. Every year, two weeks before Christmas, my Dad and I would drive up to a tree farm in Wisconsin and cut down our family's Christmas tree. This was one of his new traditions, and I always looked forward to our times alone together. It was my favorite time of the year. This might not mean anything to you, but it means a lot to me."

Sasha sighs and rolls his eyes, "Look, Dad, it was fun the first few years, but I have better things to do with my time now."

I raise my eyes heavenward--God, give me strength. Sasha's too much like Alex, who has very little patience for anything that doesn't interest him. It probably explains why the two of them are constantly bickering. "Boys, let's get the tree, so we can return his Royal Highness Prince Hunter to his oh so exciting life."

"Ah, Dad. You don't have to be so sarcastic," Sasha grumbles.

I level him with a look that would freeze men in their tracks. It has no affect on him. Patience, Walter, I tell myself. "Hunter, behave or you'll be having a long talk with Fox when we get back."

I watch his eyes widen. I almost chuckle out loud. I can't believe I've stooped to using Fox as a threat. It reminds me of my stepmother's frustrated exclamations of wait 'til you father gets home.

"Dad, you really wouldn't tell him that I've been giving you a hard time, would you? I mean, isn't this supposed to be our quality time together? Dad Fox really shouldn't be involved."

My other sons snicker.

I wink at them without letting Sasha see. "Hunter, if you start behaving as if you're enjoying yourself, then we can leave Fox out of this." I really need to find out what Fox does to get our kids to mind him. I've watched Sasha mouth-off to Alex constantly, but with Fox he remains forever respectful.

"Say, Dad, why don't we find our Christmas tree?" Sasha says cheerfully.

I smile at him. It is hard to stay angry with Sasha; he's too much like Alex. "Okay, Son." I lead them over to the tree I've had my eye on throughout the summer. It's a perfect nine-foot tall blue spruce.

"Dad, it's beautiful," Gawain says walking around the tree.

"Yeah, Dad," Nicky agrees. "Can we use our powers to teleport it back home?"

"Cool! Can we, Dad?" Sergei chimes in.

I smile. Nicky only began showing signs of his sorcerer abilities last week. He hasn't mastered anything yet, let alone the art of teleporting objects. Kaylie, Sergei's twin sister has been using her powers for a year now, and is quite capable of teleporting the tree a half mile, too bad I didn't bring her along. Sergei was a late bloomer and has been using his powers for less than two months. Although I've been personally training him, he still won't be able to move the tree more than a couple of hundred feet. I notice Sasha frowning. As an immortal, he has no powers. He and Gawain will eventually acquire the ability to heal like Fox and Alex. I wonder if that isn't one of the reasons for Sasha being so rebellious lately. It must be hard for him, seeing his brothers, sisters and best friends developing their sorcerer abilities. In addition, he knows that as an immortal his eventual purpose in life will be as a breeder. To become pregnant again and again, while his brothers choose what they want their professions to be. I file that thought away to explore more thoroughly later. I will have to discuss it with Fox and Alex.

"I think teleporting the tree back to our apartment is a great idea, Nicky. Now I want you and Sergei to form an image inside your minds of our entertainment room and the corner where we always put the Christmas tree. On the count of three, I want you to imagine this tree in that spot. Okay?"

"Okay," they say excitedly.

"One, two, three--" Using my powers I send the tree back to the palace with very little help from my sons. I allow them to expend as much energy as they want.

"Did it work, Dad?" Gawain asks, staring at the empty hole where the tree had been.

I realize suddenly that we teleported the tree complete with roots, soil and all. "It worked, sweetheart," I sigh. "However, I think your Dads are going to have a good laugh at our expense when we get back."

Sasha starts laughing. "Swift going, dudes!"

"What?" Sergei looks at him confused.

"You were supposed to chop down the tree first, Einstein," Sasha says smugly.

Nicky looks at him and smirks. "Sash, we decided to start a new Christmas tradition of not killing the tree for our momentary enjoyment."

Sasha glares at him. "Bite me, Nicky! The name's Hunter!"

"Hunter, watch your lip!" I snap. Then nod at Nicky. "Thanks, Nick, that's a brilliant suggestion." I focus my powers and an enormous soil-filled stone pot forms around roots of the tree. "Shall we head back?" We are only eight miles from the palace on the other side of the island. My team of sorcerer engineers has been expanding the island each year to accommodate the increasing population, and at my request they included a wilderness area. It takes us a few hours to make it back home.

We're cold and tired as we exit the elevator peeling off our wet winter coats and boots, leaving them in the mud room just off the elevator. Then we head for our bedrooms. I'm looking forward to taking a hot bath.

"DADDY! A tree is growing in my playroom!" Arman howls, running down the hallway with Fox following several feet behind him.

I scoop my little boy up in my arms, lifting him so I'm looking at his excited face. Arman is at the age where he thinks everything belongs to him, including the entertainment room. "That's our Christmas tree, Mani."

"What's going on, Walter? You never used your powers to teleport our Christmas tree in the past, with roots no less," Fox asks.

"Nothing. The kids were cold and hungry, so I thought this would be easier," I say, watching Sasha's relieved face.

Fox's eyes narrow, then he turns to our son. "Sasha, I want to see you in my office."

"Dad, I didn't do anything!"

"NOW!" Fox growls.

We watch as Sasha storms off down the hallway toward Fox's office. My lover turns to me. "Walter, give Mani to Sergei. He can watch him for us." I'm baffled. How does he know about the trouble Sasha caused me?

"Fox, what's going on?" I ask.

"Walter, I know Sasha didn't want to go with you today. I figured he'd cause you some grief. He lipped off to Alex a couple of days ago."

"Alex is talking to you again?"

"Yeah. He understands that I'm not ready to have another baby so soon after Arman. Besides, if things keep going the way they are, we'll eventually end up pregnant at the same time again at some point," he sighs.

I grab his arm before he can go into his office. "You're taking this all in stride lately. Have you given up fighting it?"

Sadness paints his features. "Walter, it's been over sixteen years. What else can I do? Our scientists have been unsuccessful at finding a cure to stop the compulsions. Even Shinji hasn't been able to make any headway. At least our bodies are allowing us a seven year breather between kids."

I feel like a complete asshole with Fox standing before me admitting defeat. He has no way of knowing that our scientists were never looking for a cure for the immortals' compulsions. They were only going through the motions. With Rory's and Kazuo's help, all of Shinji's experiments were sabotaged. Rory and Kazuo weren't happy about deceiving their lover. Like me, they did so to gain certain rights for their daughters. My military wanted all the females born to immortals to be required to marry at eighteen. I convinced them that in order to gain Rory's and Kazuo's help they would need to guarantee that Shinji's and their daughters and those of the other immortals' would not be subjected to marry as were my daughters. I wish I could have gained the same concessions for my girls.

I did gain two large compromises for my children by agreeing not to tell Fox and Alex. Our daughters were allowed to choose whom in the military they married, and our immortal sons were under no obligation to marry. At the time it was only Sasha, so it seemed like a small concession to the military and they agreed readily. I know they'd like to find a way to renegotiate that decision.

Unfortunately, now the military's...my scientists are looking for a drug that would induce the immortals' compulsions. The immortals' seven-year breather seems to be too long for my military to wait. Being a member of the military is one of the prerequisites for being an eligible candidate for marriage to mine, Fox's, and Alex's daughters. Is it any wonder that my military wants us to have more children?

I dare not defy them on this. If I did, I would lose my throne and family in one fell swoop. Fox and Alex would lose any freedom they now have. In addition, they'd be given new lovers and would be forced to breed continually. I couldn't allow this to happen to them. Even if it means at some point they will end up hating me for keeping this from them.

If my military's scientists do discover a way to induce their compulsions, it will be just the leverage they'll need to get us to agree to have dozens of female babies a year, like Hope and Faith, in growth cylinders. My main demand before agreeing to become King was that we wouldn't be forced to procreate using those devices...

"Walter, what's wrong?"

I remind myself that I'm doing what is best for my family and country. "Ah, nothing, Fox. Shall we deal with Sasha?"

Fox chews on his lower lip thoughtfully as he looks at me. I shiver. Sometimes I think he can see into my soul and see the darkness and guilt lurking there.

"Yeah." He turns and walks into his office.

I cross the threshold and scan the room for Sasha. The boy is sitting cross-legged in the middle of the passage that connects Alex's and Fox's offices through the giant aquarium.

"Sasha, come over here," Fox says, standing in front of his leather sofa.

Sasha rises without protest and walks over to Fox. Fox is four inches taller than the boy, but Sasha is still growing. I can see him easily reaching Alex's height of six one. My lover hugs our son and kisses the side of his face. "I love you, Sasha, even when you drive your Dads and me nuts." Fox smiles and takes his hand and leads him over to the sofa. They both sit as I walk over and lean up against the desk.

"Tell me what's bothering you?" Fox asks.

"Dad, I just want to be able to make my own decisions! To be free to do what I want with my free time!"

Fox sighs, taking Sasha's hand in his, he caresses the palm with his thumb. "Sash, you're old enough to make some decisions on your own. Your Dad shouldn't have taken you with him today, if you didn't want to go. It won't happen again. However, you will never have the same freedom as other men. You and your brothers River and Gawain will always be closely protected whether you want to be or not."

"But, Dad, when I'm older I will be able to take care of myself. If I disguise myself, I can go on walkabouts like Ari does."

"Sasha, before Ari mutated into an immortal, he was a hired thug. He grew up hard and learned to take care of himself much like your Dad Alex. But he's not the same man anymore, every time Ari leaves the island alone, he takes an enormous risk of being captured. He's never experience the pain and humiliation of being raped and owned like your Dad and I. Alex and I were both tough men, quite capable of taking care of ourselves, before the alien virus turned us into immortals. We can still hold our own against humans and clairvoyants, but not against n'thrals and definitely not against sorcerers. We've accepted our limitations and take the necessary precautions when we leave the island. You're going to have to accept your limits. I don't want you to ever go through what your Dad and I went through."

Sasha leans up against Fox, resting his head on Fox's shoulder. "Dad, I'm sorry you were hurt. Will you tell me about it someday? All I've ever heard about is your bravery, but never about your pain or losses."

Fox smiles sadly and hugs our son. "When you turn eighteen then I'll tell you everything."

I watch them together and see the deep bond that exists between them. Fox has never told me everything that happened to him while he was with Nikolai Slava. I know that he will tell Sasha when the time is right. He wants to protect the boy from having to go through the same thing.

"Now apologize to your Dad for being a pain in the ass," Fox says.

Sasha nods and stands. He walks across the room and stops in front of me. "I'm sorry I gave you a hard time today. You can call me Sasha still if you like."

"It's not what I like that matters, it's what you want to be called. Tell me what you want?"

Sasha ponders for a moment. "Hunter. It's my real name and the one Dad Alex gave me."

I reach out and hug him. "Okay, Hunter, you can go now," I say, releasing him.

Hunter smiles at me. "Thanks, Dad. I think I'll go help the others decorate our Christmas tree." He strolls out of the room.

"I think he's jealous of Sergei and Nicky," I say, walking over to the sofa and sinking down next to Fox.

"I know. I was jealous of you and Alex for the longest time. I'm still envious of you and your freedom. At least Sasha has never experienced losing his identity." Fox rested his head on my shoulder and his hand caresses my chest. "Walter, in all of the commotion I forgot that Slava and my daughters are coming tomorrow. Would it be okay if they have Thanksgiving dinner with us?"

"Fox, I'm not sure if I want Slava around River now that he's changed. I've noticed him going out of his way to talk to River over the past three years..."

"Walter, surely he wouldn't try anything with you and our palace's security force here. Don't forget that River is twenty-two, he's not a little boy any longer. We can't shield him from everyone. We can only be there to protect him if he needs our help."

"Fox, I don't trust Slava near River... or Sasha. Do you honestly think the man's reformed?"

"I don't know, Walter, it's possible. It's been over fifteen years since he touched Alex or me. He hasn't tried anything in the eleven years he's been bringing my daughters to visit me."

"Maybe it's only because of his desire to see Nicky." I cup the side of Fox's face and he turns his head, kissing my palm. My groin swells at the softness of his lips against my flesh. God, he is the most sensuous being I've ever laid eyes on. Even after all these years I still can't believe he's mine. "Okay, Fox. We'll continue as we have been with Slava. He and your daughters are welcome at our table tomorrow." I don't trust Slava...I never will, but I'll do anything to make Fox happy. Fox has complete trust in me, I know that I will have to tell him eventually all the dirty little secrets I've kept hidden from him over the last decade. He tilts his head to look up at me and I lean in and kiss those sweet lips, tasting him. My whole being is a tingle being this close to him.

Fox lifts his head off my shoulder and swings his body around until he is straddling my lap and pressing me back into the soft cushions of the sofa. His knees squeeze the sides of my hips as his hardness presses again mine. He pinches my nipples through my shirt. My pulse rate increases and sweat breaks out in droplets along my brow. He smirks seeing the effect he is having on me. Fox starts licking the sweat off my face with short catlike swipes of his tongue. The sweet feel of his tongue on my brow nearly makes me come. I turn my head slightly as his mouth moves down finding my earlobe. I notice that the door to his office is wide open. This wouldn't do. I close and lock it with my powers as my hands cup and squeeze his round buttocks. Fox sits back and smiles, looking over at the door.

"Are you hoping on getting some, bear?"

My fingers delve into the crease between his buttocks, stroking the fabric of his pants. "Oh yeah, and then some."

Fox's smile increases in intensity. Damn he looks fucking incredible when he smiles. I remember thinking that decades ago--before he became an immortal--before he became mine. Neither one of us have aged a day since mutating nearly twenty years ago.

"Hey, what are you thinking?" Fox asks as his long fingers caress my face.

"How fucking lucky I am."

"Well...I'm hoping to get fucking lucky," Fox says, rocking and rubbing our erections together.

"I think I can accommodate you," I say, making our clothes vanish.

Fox's eyes widen and he mutters, "Damn, I really-really wish I could do that!" Then he combs his fingers through my chest hairs.

I carefully rub the pads of my thumbs over his nipples. They are always fuller and darker when he is nursing, and they make me hornier than hell. "I'm glad you can't. Knowing you, I'd find myself suddenly without clothes in the middle of some reception."

Fox frowns and leans back, his buttocks resting on my knees. He says innocently, "You know I wouldn't do that to you, Walter. I'd never embarrass you in public."

I pull his head down and look into his amused eyes as I chuckle. "Ha! Like the time you were invisible and entered the meeting I was conducting with my Generals and Cabinet, then crawled under the conference table and preceded to suck me off?" I glare affectionately at him. I hate that power he has when he's nursing. He can vanish into thin air and walk through solid objects. I know it's an ability brought about for protecting his young. But still, he's used the vanishing act several times through the years after we've had major disagreements. During those times, I almost wished my scientists hadn't found a cure for his withdrawal symptoms. It might have forced him to make peace with me sooner. It's frustrating not being able to locate him. He could be standing right next to me and I would never know it.

He leans forward and kisses me. "You were so cute all red-faced and sweaty," Fox says teasingly, smiling against my lips.

"They thought I was having some kind of attack..."

"It was funny though."

"No it wasn't," I say, swatting his ass.

"Watch it, Walter...or I'll disappear!" he teases.

"You're weaning Mani, Fox, so you won't have the ability to become invisible much longer." I caress up his sides as he glares at me, pulling away. I realize too late that I attacked the one advantage he has over me. I wrap my arms around his waist preventing him from climbing off my lap. "Fox, I love you. Don't be angry."

He sighs and rests his forehead against mine. "Sorry, bear, I've been a bit stressed lately. I didn't mean to take it out on you."

I smooth my hands up and down his long back as I look with concern into his chameleon eyes. The last thing I want is for Fox to be unhappy. "Stressed? What's wrong?"

"Oh, let's see...our fifteen year old son has gotten a girl pregnant. Thanksgiving is tomorrow. I'm working on a tough case at the bureau. Taking care of Mani is an ordeal, dealing with our teenage sons and daughters problems, looking after our younger children. Our friends are getting older while we remain young. River going through the change *finally* but he still isn't dating. Our daughters upcoming weddings. Alex wanting me to get pregnant again when I'm years away from having compulsions...." Fox pauses to catch his breath and smiles sadly. "Life's been so busy lately. How come I feel so empty, like something is missing?"

"Do you want to go with me to Area 51 on Monday?" I don't know why I'm asking him. I was happy when Alex became pregnant and wouldn't be able to accompany me. Maybe Alex's conversation has gotten beneath my skin. Yes, that's it. Deep down I want equality in our relationship as much as Alex and Fox, it's just so hard letting go of control. When I see how other men look at them, I don't want to let them out of my sight. I want to keep them hidden away from lustful stares.

Fox's eyes narrow. "Walter, I've been asking you for years to take me with you on one of your trips to Area 51 and you've always turned me down! What gives?"

"I had a long talk with Alex, and he convinced me that it would be in my best interest to let him and you help with the decisions involving our country's security."

"Alex convinced you? I've been trying to convince you for over sixteen years to involve us more!"

"I'm sorry, Fox." It seems like all I've of been doing lately is apologizing to him.

"Apology accepted. At least it's a step in the right direction."

"Well then, we just need to make sure that our nannies are available to watch the children while we're gone. I want Sergei, Kaylie, and Nicky to look after Alex."

"Do you think you can trust them? They're only sixteen..."

"I trust our kids more with Alex than our security force. This is the first time we'll be leaving him alone and defenseless."

"Maybe I shouldn't go," Fox says.

I twist around and throw him off my lap onto the cushions. His legs are still spread open between my thighs as he gazes incredulously at me. "Fox, you are going with me, and stop worrying. Alex will be fine." I bend down and take possession of his lips. Oh yeah. This is one area I'll never apologize for...I love dominating him sexually. I might desire an equal relationship, but not in bed. I just love topping him and Alex too much to give up that part of our life.

"Fine. I want to take Arman and River with us," Fox counters, trying to regain some control as he pulls his knees up and offers himself up to me. I'm too distracted by our conversation to plunge right in. I pull back.

"Fox, this isn't a vacation! Area 51 is no place for a three-year-old and a new immortal!" I growl, not believing that he would ask such a thing.

"I'm not leaving either of my sons here unprotected."

"Fox, River is twenty-two. If you're worried about him, why aren't you worried about Sasha and Gawain or our daughters?"

"Walter, River is at a vulnerable time in his life. With Alex going through nearly a month's long sleep, River needs me and I don't want to leave him behind. Mani has to go with us. He'll drive everyone nuts, you know what a little terror he is." Fox smirks, wiggling his ass against my cock, sending shivers through me.

Damn, I am aching to fuck him and he knows it. My cock is hard and leaking, pressed between his buttocks. "Babe, there are n'thrals at Area 51 and--"

"We'll take along extra sorcerers for protection." He glares up at me and growls, "Now would you fuck me already or do I have to do it myself?" he says grabbing for my dick.

I swat his hand away, and then push his knees back as lubricant magically encases my cock in its slick embrace. I watch Fox's eyes as I position my large cockhead against his small opening and shove in hard and fast. He cries out as my fingers wrap around his inner thighs just below his knees, spreading him open for my pleasure. I can't contain my moans as his tight ring of muscles squeeze my shaft exquisitely. He is like fire, igniting every fiber in my body. "You like this, Fox?"

Strangled sounds of delight and pain escape his full sultry lips as his hips move in time with my thrusts. "Fuck YES!" he cries, sweat dotting his brow.

I looked down at my organ spearing his body with long hard thrusts. I love watching my shaft penetrating him. He belongs solely to me at this moment. I watch his cock bounce against his belly leaving a trail of pre-cum. My eyes travel to his dark rosy nipples. I slow my thrusts as I bend down to take one in my mouth. It is firm and tasty as I suck lustfully on it, swallowing the sweet milk. Soon he will be dry and this treat gone until his next pregnancy four years from now.

"You're as bad as Mani," Fox says, his hands smoothing over my scalp as I continue to suckle.

The first time I treated myself to him this way, he was appalled. His face flamed red with embarrassment. Now he takes my kink in stride. I caress up and down his sides as I switch to his other nipple.

When I am done, I smack my lips and move up to kiss him. My hips have never stopped moving as I continue to stroke into his all consuming heat. Fox shifts beneath me. His sweat dampened skin is sticking to the leather cushions. He wraps his long legs around my hips and he pushes up in time with my thrusts. His arms are laced around my neck as our lips seal in a deep kiss. I suck Fox's tongue into my mouth, and then I push into his mouth. He tenses beneath me and I feel the throbbing of his cock as it shoots its release between our bodies. Fox's anal muscles squeeze my shaft in a steel grip, milking me to my own release a few moments later. A cry of pleasure is torn from the depths of my soul. God, love was never more fulfilling than this beautiful man beneath me. Suddenly, a pounding on the door interrupts our blissful joining.

"DADDY! I want in!" Arman yells from out in the hallway.

Damn! I lift my head up and look at the locked door. We asked Sergei to watch him. I pull out of Fox a bit too quickly and he lets out a yelp.

"Sorry," I mutter as I stand.

Fox grabs the throw blanket from the back of the sofa and pulls it over him. He is too sated to rise. I storm to the door, making a robe appear in my hand. I pull it on before opening the door. Sergei is standing there sheepishly holding Arman's hand.

"Ah, Dad...now that you're done with Sasha...I ah...thought you might want Mani back."

Arman pulls loose and races by me into the room. He's on the sofa in Fox's arms before I can grab him. "I take nap with you, Daddy," he says.

I turn back and glare at my oldest son. "Serg, would it have killed you to watch him for a couple of hours?"

"But, Dad, he bites!"

I frown at him. "Son, I'm sure you can defend yourself against a harmless three year old."

Fox calls to me and I turn to the sofa. "Walter, do you think you can zap me clean...our little terror wants to get under the blanket," he says, trying to keep Arman from crawling under the spread.

"I sleep with you!" Arman whimpers, tugging at the blanket.

I sigh and do as ordered. It looks like we won't be going for round two. Fox rolls on his side and pulls Arman underneath the blanket with him, snuggling our son against his chest.

I turn back to my oldest. "Serg, go help your brothers and sisters decorate the Christmas tree. We will talk about responsibilities another time." I close the door and walk over to the sofa and stare down at my lover and youngest son. Arman is suckling at Fox's nipple.

"I thought you were weaning him?"

"I'll start tomorrow," Fox says, hugging our son close.

"You're spoiling him."

"I know." Fox yawns.

"Are you really going to take a nap?" I look at him longingly. I don't remember my lover ever taking a nap in the middle of the day.

"Just until Mani falls asleep. I have paperwork I need to get done. Why don't you go play with Alex, before he falls into his month's long slumber?"

I snort. Immortals usually fall into a coma like state for around three weeks, two to four days after being impregnated. The doctors have never figured out why this happens. However, while they are in this state, their bodies don't require any nourishment or waste disposal.

"I'll be back later, babe." I smile at him and pet the back of our son's head.

I find Alex sitting in front of the fireplace in our bedroom. He has a look of melancholy on his face as he stares into the flames.

"Alex, what's wrong?" I sit down beside him, reaching out to push a silky lock of sable hair behind his ear. He's let it grow out again. I'm surprised he hasn't shaved his head. He tends to do that when he gets in these depressed states.

"I'd been looking forward to going with you on Monday. Now it looks like I'm stuck here growing fat for the next seven months."

"You always look beautiful when you're pregnant, and you don't gain that much weight," I say, although it isn't true. Alex tends to get chubby when he's pregnant. A cute chubby, I smile at the image it creates. Yes, a very cute chubby.

"Walter, I don't need or want your sympathy."

"Alex, I'm only trying to be supportive. After all, you're having my baby. Must we go through this song and dance every time you become pregnant?" He levels me a look that could freeze fire.

"SONG AND DANCE! IS THAT WHAT I'M DOING!" He jumps to his feet and continues to scream at me. "MR. BIG POWERFUL SORCERER, YOU THINK BEING PREGNANT IS EASY? WELL IT FUCKING IS NOT! JUST ONCE I'D LIKE FOR YOU TO GO THROUGH IT AND SEE HOW FUCKING EMBARRASSING IT IS AND PAINFUL CHILDBIRTH IS!"

"Alex, calm down...I didn't mean to upset you. I'll admit I have no idea how tough this is for you. It's something I would not want to experience myself. But, I'm not the one who changed you into a hermaphrodite. You have to believe me that if it were in my power I'd take it all away, but its not."

Alex wanders over to the French doors and rests his forehead on the cold glass. "I'm sorry, Walter. I didn't want to go through this again. I was hoping that our scientists would have found a way to stop the compulsions."

I cringe. I'm glad he isn't looking at me. If he were, he'd see the guilt behind my eyes.

"Dad, can we come in?" Nadia asks from the doorway. She's standing there with her twin sister Kira.

I'm happy for their interruption. "Of course, sweethearts," I say, rising and walking over to them. They look exactly like my younger sister did at eleven. Brown eyes and dark brown hair tied back in a long braid.

"We want you to tell us how babies are made," Nadia asks.

I look at them perplexed. I knew they were going to ask sooner or later, their sisters did.

"At school they don't teach how babies are made between men and women, only between men and men using test tubes and growth cylinders at reproduction clinics," Kira says.

"They also teach how immortals have babies, but not how the babies get inside them. Only that they come out their bellybuttons when they are born." Nadia looks over at Alex who is leaning against the French doors listening our conversation. "We don't have bellybuttons, so how do we make babies--like Kat?"

Oh, now I see why this has suddenly come to their interest. "Alex?" I look over at my lover, figuring he'll be better at explaining sex and making babies to them than me.

Alex smirks. "Girls, did you know that your Daddy Walter was married to a woman for seventeen years? They never had any children, but they did try. So he can answer all of your questions."

I sigh, looking at him. "Alex, why don't you go and help Fox with his paperwork, while I talk to Kira and Nadia? I'm sure Fox would like to get into the kitchen to start preparing dinner. Tell him I'll be there to help him shortly."

"I'll tell him, Walter," Alex says, heading for the door. He pauses to kiss his daughters.

After he left I turn to them. "C'mon, girls, lets go downstairs and talk to your Aunt Dana."

We take the elevator down to Dana's floor. Unlike our apartment on the top floor, her floor is split into twenty separate apartments. All are nice sized with four bedrooms and three baths. Dana's sixteen-year-old son Mike opens the door. "Hi, Uncle Walter, Nadia, Kira!"

"Hi, Mike, is your mom home?"

"She's in the living room with Dad. We're decorating our Christmas tree."

Mike leads us to the living room. Christmas music is playing softly on the stereo. Dana is sorting through ornaments in a cardboard box while sitting on the floor. She looks up and smiles at us, brushing her gray-streaked hair away from her face. She's fifty-six and still incredibly beautiful. Her husband Jonathan is stringing lights on the tree.

"Hey, Walter," Jonathan says.

"Walter, girls, what brings you down here?" Scully asks.

"Dana, Jonathan, nice tree," I say. "Um, Kira and Nadia want to know about how women have babies." I hug them against my body. They look bashfully at Dana. Fox, Alex, and I have used Dana before to explain the facts of life to our other daughters. Fox protested at first, not wanting to impose on his former partner. However, after stuttering and fumbling trying to explain sex to the girls, he relented and we begged Dana to help us.

"Aunty Dana, Kat is having Sergei's baby, we want to know how the baby got in her? Kira and I want to have babies of our own," Nadia says.

I turn red and look at my baby girls in shock. "You're too young to have babies!" I growl.

They shrink back, looking at me with wide eyes and quivering lips. I've never yelled at them before, so my tone takes them by surprise.

Dana interrupts before I can launch into a litany of words that I'll regret saying later. "Walter, it's natural for little girls to want to be moms." She grins. "But don't worry, I'm sure once I've talked to them, they'll realize they're too young. Besides they aren't menstruating yet are they?"

"No," I sigh, somewhat relieved, that's another talk we'll have to have with them.

"Why don't you go back to your apartment and I'll bring the girls back when we're done talking." Scully places the ornament she's holding back in the box.

"Dana, we can come back when you're less busy. I didn't mean to interrupt you--"

"Nonsense. Kira and Nadia can help Jonathan and me decorate the tree before I bring them back," she says.

I turn to my daughters who are looking at me uncertainly. "Girls, behave for your Aunt Dana and listen closely to what she tells you." I hug them and kiss their cheeks.

I head back upstairs with my thoughts on my children. I love all of them more than life, but the children conceived from my loins hold a special place in my heart. Nadia and Kira are my youngest daughters and I want them to enjoy what's left of their childhood. I don't want them to be thinking about having children before they're eighteen. It's bad enough that they will be required to marry at that young age. God, I hope Alex gives me a son this time around. I'm not looking forward to finding husbands for Kaylie, Summer, and Alek in a couple of years.

When I exit the elevator I head for Fox's office. Fox is dressed and sitting behind his desk typing on his computer. Alex is sitting on the sofa, jotting down notes in one of their case files. Arman is soundly asleep, sucking on his thumb at the other end of the sofa.

"How's it going?"

Alex looks up at me and smirks. "You dumped our daughters on Dana again, didn't you?"

"Yep." I returned the grin.

"Walter, we're just finishing our paperwork. Do you want to wake Mani up? If he sleeps too long we'll never get him to bed tonight," Fox says, not looking away from the monitor.

"Sure, babe." I kneel next to the sofa and smooth the damp bangs from our son's forehead as I watch him sleep. I hate waking him. I remove the blanket and pull his thumb out of his mouth as I talk softly. "Mani, time to get up. C'mon, champ, daddy will get you a big glass of chocolate milk."

He opens his eyes and stares at me. "I still sleepy, Daddy."

"I know, champ, but it's not bedtime yet." I pick him up in my arms and stand. He wraps his arms around my neck and rests his head on my shoulder. He's warm and smells faintly of sour milk. "Do you need to use the toilet?" I feel his head nod against my shoulder.

"Okay, bathroom first, then we'll go to the kitchen for some chocolate milk and cookies."

"Walter, that's too much sugar! He'll be bouncing off the walls all afternoon," Fox warns, pushing away from the desk.

I smile at him. I find it endearing how Fox has turned into the ideal parent for our children. Whenever Alex or I are lacking, Fox steps in to fill the void. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised; he's always been good with children and filled with compassion and care for those in need of help. This is really just an extension of his personality. "Fox, I'll take Mani outside after and work some of his excessive energy out of him."

Fox sighs, standing. "Walter, it's not just that. I don't want Mani putting on weight like Sergei did. It's not healthy and not a good habit for him to get into."

"Okay, Fox. How about I get him a glass of 2% milk and a couple of cookies?"


"That will be fine."

"NO! I want chocolate milk!" Arman shouts, suddenly wide awake, his lower lip sticking out in a pout as he slams his little fists hard into my nose.

"Ouch!" Damn that hurt! I nearly drop him as I quickly grab his fists in one of my hands and my hand is promptly bitten. Okay, I can see what Sergei means as his teeth break my skin and I'm unable to make him let go without hurting him. "Fox, get him off!"

Fox is at my side in a heartbeat and has Arman's struggling body in his arms.

"I want chocolate milk!" the boy screams. Then he starts throwing a temper tantrum.

Alex takes the kicking and screaming boy from Fox. Fox shakes his head as he takes my hand in his and heals the bite mark. He smiles apologetically and kisses my nose, which is bleeding from the force of Arman's blow. I feel a tingle as his lips touch my flesh and the minor damage is repaired.

"He has quite the right hook," Fox quips.

"Fox, can you take him now?" Alex asks frantically, holding Arman at arms length as the boy tries to bite him.

"Mani, you're going to have a time out in the corner," Fox says, grabbing Arman away from Alex.

"No! I don't stay in corner! I hate you!"

Fox turns the boy around and swats his butt. A look of shock appears on Arman's face as he rubs his butt and bursts out crying. This is the first time I've ever seen Fox spank one of the kids. He looks up and meets my eyes.

"Some kids just need a little tougher love," Fox says, gathering Arman in his arms. The little boy clings to him crying.

"You hurt me, Daddy," he snivels.

"That's right I did. Do you know why?" Fox asks.

Arman thinks for a minute. "'Cause I am bad?"

"No, you're not bad, Mani, but you did a bad thing. You hit and bit Daddy Walter and wouldn't do as you were told. Now...I'm going to take you to the bathroom then you are going to spend the next fifteen minutes sitting in the corner of the kitchen. If you are good I'll let you have a couple of cookies and a glass of milk."

"Chocolate milk?"

"No, plain milk."

"Meanie!"

"That just got you an extra ten minutes added to your time out, Mani."

Arman looks worried, and pets Fox's shoulder. "Daddy, how long is ten minutes?"

"A very long time for little boys."

"I'll be good." His brows furrow in thought as his lower lip sticks out. "Can I have chocolate milk instead of cookies?"

Alex collapses on the sofa laughing. "He's a miniature version of you, Fox!"

I chuckle and walk over to them and take Arman from Fox. "Mani, you can have chocolate milk instead of the cookies. That's okay isn't it, Fox?"

"Yeah, but he still has twenty-five minutes of time out to sit through first."

"I'm a very good boy, Daddy. I sorry I bit you. Do I have to sit in the corner?" he says, giving me the sweetest expression.

"Well..."

"Yes, you do," Fox interjects. "C'mon, Walter, lets take the royal terror to the bathroom. You and Alex need to help me with dinner."

"Okay, guys, I'll meet you in the kitchen," Alex says, heading out the door before us.

I glance at Arman's face as we follow Alex out of the office. He is not happy but is learning to keep his mouth shut. I'm sure it won't last. I stoop down and set him on the floor. Arman reaches up and takes my hand then he grabs Fox's hand. Fox looks down at him and smiles. My heart skips a beat as I watch my lover. He's the most beautiful being in the world when he smiles.

My penis stirs as my eyes catch his dancing hazel orbs. "You're turning me on, Fox," I whisper.

"We'll go to bed early tonight," Fox says, opening the door to our bedroom. Arman runs across the room and scampers up the stairs to the bathroom.

"He's ready for his own bedroom." I wrap an arm around Fox's waist as we follow him up the stairs.

"I'd like to keep him in the nursery a little while longer. He's still not completely potty trained. Plus I don't trust him out of my sight for too long."

We watch as Arman pulls his training pants down and sits on the potty-chair. "He looks pretty potty trained to me."

"Hold that thought," Mulder says.

"Daddy! Wipe me, PLEASE!" Arman orders a minute later.

"You heard the royal prince, wipe him," Mulder says chuckling.

I kneel next to my son, pulling several sheets of toilet paper from the roll. "Mani, you need to learn to wipe yourself. Now take the toilet paper in your hand and...."

"No, you wipe me, Daddy."

"Fox?" I look up at my lover who is standing behind me smirking.

"Walter, he's still not ready. Don't push him, give him time."

I always bow to Fox's greater knowledge of our kids. He's with them fifty-percent more than I am. I wipe our son and help him pull up his pants. "Go wash your hands."

Arman runs over to the sink and climbs on the step stool as I empty the contents from the potty-chair into the toilet and flush. "Use the bar of soap," I say, putting the plastic bowl back in the chair.

"Yes, Daddy."

I wash my hands in the other sink.

Fox saunters over to me as I'm drying my hands. He wraps his arms around my neck and kisses me.

"What's that for?" I ask, returning the embrace.

"For being patient with him and not yelling at him in the office when he was being a brat. My Dad never was very patient with me. Mani, unlike our other sons, has picked up a lot of the behaviors I had when I was a child. I want him to have a good relationship with you."

"Fox, you're the one who disciplines him. What will that do to his relationship with you? Aren't you worried he'll resent you later in life."

Fox smiles knowingly. "No. I'm the one he looks to first for nourishment, love, and comfort. He'll never resent me for disciplining him; he's far too dependent upon me. When he's older, he'll understand. You aren't here for him as much and I don't want your relationship marred. I want him to feel comfortable going to you when he has a problem that he might not want to talk to me about."

I love his logic. I really have a hard time yelling at our kids and he knows it. Unlike when I was an A.D. and had no problem chewing out my agents. "Fox, you're taking on far too much. Maybe you should go to part time hours at the bureau?" Instead of the argument I expected to get from him, Fox just looks thoughtful.

"I'll think about it," he says, as Arman runs over to him holding a towel.

He looks up at us, squeezing in between Fox and me. "Can we go to the kitchen now?"

"Okay, champ." I take his hand and we head to the kitchen. The sweet aroma of fresh baked bread and pies hit me before we even enter the kitchen. Alex is sitting at the breakfast table with some of our daughters.

"Girls, what have you been baking?" I ask, walking over to look in the oven.

"Pumpkin, Pecan, and mincemeat pies. Cornbread and cranberry bread," Kaylie says.

Arman's voice interrupts us. "Daddy, I'm a good boy now."

Fox lifts him up and sets him on a chair in the corner. "Mani, you are being punished for being bad earlier. Now sit and I don't want to hear another word out of you until the big hand is on the ten," he says, pointing up to the wall clock.

Arman purses his lips and glares up at the clock. I watch in amazement as the large minute hand moves from the five to the ten. I feel the small amount of power that flowed from my baby boy. I am flabbergasted. He's too young to be showing any signs of his sorcerer powers yet. Shit, a three-year-old sorcerer?

"Daddy, the big hand is on the ten, can I have chocolate milk now?"

Fox looks at me with huge eyes. "Walter, tell me you did that."

"No, Mani did it."

"Walter, he's only three!"

No one this young has ever shown signs of power. It is usually brought on with puberty. "Fox, I think I'll be taking over our son's discipline after all." No way can I chance Arman hurting Fox. God, how did this happen?

Fox shakes his head. "Walter, it isn't necessary. Arman, put the big hand back on five."

"But, Daddy--"

"Now!"

Arman turns and faces the wall, looking up at the clock the minute hand moves backward until it is on the five again. Fox kneels next to the chair and kisses his cheek.

"Thank you, Mani." He combs his fingers through the boy's silky chestnut hair. "Daddy Walter will teach you how to control your powers. But, I want you to promise me that you won't use them until you're older or unless Daddy Walter is with you."

He chews his lower lip thoughtfully and blurts out, "Okay, I promise...I won't move the clock hand again."

Fox frowns, realizing that Arman has no idea what he's done.

"Daddy, are you mad at me?"

"No. You're my bestest baby boy," Fox says sweetly, hugging Arman and giving him a raspberry on the side of his neck.

Arman giggles and shouts, "Love you!"

As I watch them, the fear I have for Fox's safety evaporates. Arman, like our other kids, has never lashed out physically at Fox. Alex walks over and stands beside me. He has a worried look on his face. "Don't worry, Alex, I'll protect you," I quip.

"Stick it, Wally."

Fox looks concerned as he glances up at us then turns back to Arman. "I want you to sit there and think about why you're being punished." His fingers continue to comb soothingly through the boy's hair.

"Okay, Daddy. Then can I have chocolate milk?"

"Yes. Then you can have a big glass of chocolate milk." Fox kisses his cheek then stands and walks over to us, looking decidedly uneasy. He wraps his arms around both our waists and leans tiredly against us. I can feel the tension in every fiber of his hard body.

"We're going to need a sorcerer nanny for him," Fox says.

I nod. "We're also going to have to teach him the consequences of his powers." I don't want to say it, but if we're unable to curb our son's temper tantrums, I'm going to have to separate him from our family until he's older. No way can I chance him hurting or worse killing one of our other kids. He's too young to understand about death.

"We could just put an anti-power cuff on him," Alex says.

Fox and I both look at him as relief settles over us. "Damn, why didn't I think of that?"

Alex smirks. "Maybe, because you're both too worried and not thinking clearly. Guys, Mani will be fine. C'mon, help me with dinner."

Our chef is off until Monday, so we've been preparing breakfast, lunch, and dinner for our large family. Actually, I enjoy cooking with Fox and Alex, and would like to spend more time together with them this way. "What are you planning on making?"

"Meatloaf. It's the kids' favorite." He pulls out several pounds of ground hamburger from refrigerator. I get the eggs and dried bread, while Fox collects the ketchup, salsa, and spices. With seventeen kids we need to make three loafs of meatloaf.

I glance back at Arman. He is sitting quietly on the hardwood chair, staring up at the clock. His small, sneaker clad feet don't come anywhere near the floor and his legs are swinging. They are the only indication of his impatience. I'll give him ten minutes, before he starts complaining.

I wash my hands in the sink before combining the ingredients together for one meatloaf. My mind wanders as I knead the breadcrumbs and eggs into the meat.

Our daughters are busy talking on the other side of the kitchen. Kaylie is pointing out pictures in a magazine to Angelique, while Summer takes the final pie out of the oven. Kaylie's a sorceress. Maybe I'll have her help watch Mani until I can get an anti-power cuff made in his size. Out of seventeen kids, seven of them have the sorcerer gene. Hope and Faith are human with no mutant genes at all. We have three immortal sons, and four immortal daughters. The immortal genes are radically different in the girls. Our scientists don't believe they are truly immortal. Then there is Angelique, we don't know if she'll show any strange abilities down the road--besides flying.

"Walter, pay attention," Fox says, plucking my wedding band out of the ground meat. "If you lose the wedding ring I gave you, you'll have to marry me all over again."

I grin. "It would be worth it then."

"As long as we can go to your old cabin for our honeymoon again." Fox rinses off the ring and sets it on the rim of the back-splash.

"It's been over a decade since we were last at the cabin. I doubt that it's still habitable."

"You can just wiggle your nose and make it livable," Fox quips. He takes an apple from the bowl of fruit and starts slicing it into wedges removing the seeds.

"I would love to go back there again for a vacation. Maybe we can go fishing," I sigh wistfully, missing that old part of my life. I'm too well known to go out in public without attracting a crowd.

Fox feeds me an apple slice as I form the meat into a loaf and place it in a loaf pan.

"Hey, Fox, give me a slice," Alex says, starting on the third meatloaf.

Fox grins seductively, placing the slice between his teeth and feeding it to Alex that way. Their lips lock briefly in a kiss.

Fox chuckles. "Finish making the meatloaf, I have another baby bird to feed."

I expect him to feed me the same way and I'm anxiously waiting, but he walks by me over to Arman.

"Open up, baby bird," Fox says, and places a small slice of apple in our son's mouth.

Arman chews and swallows. "How much longer, Daddy?" he whispers.

"Fifteen minutes."

Arman opens his mouth for another apple slice.

"Are you thinking about how wrong it was to punch and bite Daddy Walter?" Fox's voice is like velvet, soft and gentle.

Our son nods. "I'm sorry I hurt my Daddy."

I smile at that. No wonder our kids are turning out so well. I don't spend enough time home to see this side of Fox. I turn to Alex who is putting the meatloaves in the oven. "Is he always like this with the kids?"

"Like what?"

"Patient, caring, nurturing--"

"You're only noticing it now?" Alex shakes his head as he walks into the pantry. He comes out with a dozen potatoes and looks at me. "Can you?"

I use my powers to peel the potatoes and have them boiling away in a pot of water in the wink of an eye. "Maybe I should spend more time at home."

"You should learn to delegate more. Fox and I can help you, Walter."

"Maybe, Alex." I wish it were that easy. Most of my top men are sorcerers and it's highly unlikely that they will take orders from an immortal. They consider immortals to be eye-candy--precious gems to be revered and worshiped. If they had their way, Fox, Alex and the other immortals would never be allowed to work or to leave the island.

I look toward the door as River strolls into the kitchen and everyone stops talking. It's been less than a day since he's awoken and the changes in him are stunning. Sapphire eyes that would even make the heavens envious. He's taken to wearing his ebony hair long and has it pinned back.

"Hi, Dads, do you need any help?" he asks.

"You can make the salad, if you'd like," Alex replies, tossing him a head of lettuce.

"What's up with Mani?" River takes the lettuce over to the sink to wash it.

"He gave Walter a bloody nose and bit his hand, so he's being punished." Alex looks at me barely stifling a chuckle.

"It wasn't that bad," I say, moving over to help River with the salad.

I start slicing an orange for the salad. "Slava and his daughters are coming for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow."

River pauses in shredding the lettuce up into a bowl. "They've never celebrated Thanksgiving with us before."

"They are this year. Are you uncomfortable with Slava coming tomorrow?"

"No. He used to scare me when I was a boy, but I'm used to him now."

I'm still not used to Slava coming into our household. I only tolerate him for Fox's and Nicky's sake. It worries me that he might take an even deeper interest in River now that my son has become an immortal. "If you ever feel nervous around him, I want you to tell me. Okay?"

River smiles shyly. "Don't worry, Dad, I'll tell you."

My heart skips a beat as I meet his eyes. God, I don't want to be aroused by him. How sick is that? I glance over at Alex then Fox. Their beauty is enough to dampen any ardor I'm feeling for River. I shake my head sadly as I reach for a jar of olives for the salad. At twenty-two River is still a virgin, and unfortunately the whole world knows it. Such is the fate of being an immortal in today's society. They are unparalleled celebrities and nothing in their lives goes unreported. There is a magazine solely dedicated to reporting news about immortals and their children. Since yesterday, I've received over four hundred requests from foreign leaders and my own military for River's hand in marriage. Fortunately, it isn't up to me who my son marries, unlike my daughters. It is completely River's decision.

We talk and wait for the food to cook. Our daughters set the large dining room table while we stay in the kitchen. Fox and I are sipping wine. Alex is sitting at the breakfast table with River drinking a glass of orange juice, flipping through our daughter's magazine. Arman is starting to get grumpy. I look up at the clock, noting he has less than a minute left on his timeout. Twenty-five minutes is the longest he's ever had to sit still. Usually his timeouts no longer then ten minutes.

Fox sets his wineglass down and goes over to the refrigerator, taking out the carton of chocolate milk. He fills a large glass almost to the brim and sets it on the breakfast table. "Okay, Mani. Apologize to Daddy Walter, then your punishment is over."

Our son hops off the chair and runs over to me quicker than any jackrabbit I've ever seen. I can't help laughing.

"I'm sorry, Daddy!" he yells, holding his arms out to me. I bend and he wraps them around my neck and kisses me.

"Apology accepted." I scoop him up and carry him over to the table, setting him down in front of the large glass of chocolate milk. He grins up at me as he reaches for the glass. I have to help him; it's too big for his small hands to hold. He is only able to finish a quarter of it before he's full. Arman looks over to Fox who's leaning against the counter watching him with amusement.

"Would you like me to put it away for you for later?" Fox asks.

"Yes, please. It was too big...I'm only a little boy."

Thirty minutes later our other children all storm into the kitchen.

"It sure smell good in here! Is the food done?" Sergei asks, walking over to the oven and peering inside.

Gawain runs over to me. "Daddy, you should see our Christmas tree! We just finished decorating it."

"You can show it to me after dinner." I pat his blonde head lovingly. Unlike our other sons, Gawain has never thrown a temper tantrum or caused us the least bit of trouble. He's always been a good-natured child.

I look over Gawain's shoulder and watch my sons. Nicky is gets the sandwich buns out of the bread drawer while Sasha takes a package of sliced cheddar cheese from the refrigerator. "What are you boys doing?"

"Meatloaf sandwiches," Sergei answers, carrying the bottle of ketchup out the kitchen to the dining room.

"Save me one of those buns," I shout after him.

"Can we have Pepsi with our dinner?" Regan is asking Alex.

"No. You can have milk, juice, or water." Alex is becoming as tough as Fox when it comes to our children's eating habits.

"How about chocolate milk?" Morgan asks.

All three of us groan at the same time. Fox leaves Alex to deal with the triplets. He goes over to the stove and takes the meatloaves out of the oven.

Our daughters carry the mashed potatoes, gravy, salad, and green beans into the dining room. Nadia and Kira are back from their chat with Scully. I'll have to talk with them after dinner. I look down at Gawain's happy face...of course, after I see the Christmas tree. "C'mon, Gawain, let's go eat."

Fox places the platter in the center of the table, and then helps Arman up on his booster seat. He sits between Arman and Gawain as I take my place at the head of the table. Early in our marriage Fox was the one at the head of the table, but after several kids he moved to sit at center of the table with Alex across from him. Our oldest, Hope and Faith now sit on my left and right. Only at formal dinner parties do Fox and Alex sit next to me. I look at Alex who is sitting surrounded by our youngest daughters. They all adore him. I look around the table at all of our children. I say a silent pray, thanking God for blessing me with such a beautiful family.

The platters and bowls of food are passed around the table. Everyone is talking at once. My attention keeps wandering to Fox as he fills Arman's plate, talking between Arman and Gawain. Gawain is telling Fox about his favorite Christmas ornaments, and how Angelique flew up to the top of the tree to place the Christmas angel on top of it. Fox listens with interest. It takes me a second to realize that Faith is talking to me. She lifts a groomed eyebrow at me.

"Sorry, Faith, what were you saying?"

"I invited Marcus to Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. I hope that's all right?"

"It's fine, Dear." Marcus is Lieutenant Marcus Morris. He's Faith's fianca. "Hope, why didn't you invite Steve?"

"I did, but he was needed at Area 51 and couldn't make it."

I really like the men my daughters have chosen to marry. Although, I don't look forward to the day that they will be leaving us. Hope's future husband is a Captain in the Air Force. He's one of the pilots testing the new prototype spacecraft. Fox and I will probably see him when we go to Area 51 on Monday.

I put a slice of meatloaf between the buns and top it with some cheese. My boys sure have the right idea. I look down the table at River who is pushing his food around with his fork. "River, Fox and I are going to take you with us on Monday. We're going to Area 51 to see the new spaceship."

River's eyes light up. "Really? I'd love to go. I need some new subjects for my paintings. Maybe I'll find some inspiration there."

Nicky and Sergei look imploringly at me. "Dad, can we go, too?"

"Maybe next time. I need you two boys and Kaylie to look after Alex for us."

"I go with you, Daddy," Arman says.

"God, please tell us you're taking Mani with you!" Sasha exclaims, and the other kids nod their heads in agreement.

"Don't worry, we're taking Mani with us." I spear a couple of green beans with my fork and notice that River is eating with relish now. I was worried that he wouldn't want to come with us. He's seems to prefer staying on the island most of the time.

Fox looks around the table at our kids. "Kids, Mani surprised us earlier by using his sorcerer powers. We have no idea why he's started this early. I'd like you to be extra careful not to upset him. At least until we can have an anti-power cuff made for him."

"Wow, already? He's only a baby!" Sergei says.

"A deadly baby," Sasha mutters jealously.

"Kids, he's just a little boy. He doesn't know right from wrong yet, so please be extra careful around him." I don't want to make a big deal out of this in front of Arman who isn't really paying attention to our conversation as it is. He's shoveling potatoes into his mouth.

"Can I have my glass of chocolate milk, Daddy?"

"Sure." Fox starts to rise, but I stop him.

"I'll get it, Fox," I say, making the glass appear in front of Arman's plate.

"Thank you, Daddy!"

"You're welcome, Mani." I glance over at Alex who is yawning. "Alex, are you going to make it through dinner?"

"Yeah. Don't count on me for Thanksgiving tomorrow though." He smiles tiredly.

"What's wrong, Daddy?" Alina asks Alex. She and her two sisters were only three when Fox slept through the first three weeks when he was pregnant with Arman.

"I'm going to be sleeping the next few weeks."

I notice Alex didn't mention about being pregnant. We haven't told four youngest kids yet.

"Girls, immortals always sleep the first three to four weeks of their pregnancy," I say watching Alex's face turn a shade of pink.

"You're going to have a baby, Daddy?" Morgan says, looking at Alex's flat stomach.

"It appears so," Alex replies, glaring at me.

"Is it a boy or a girl? I'd like another sister," Regan says excitedly.

"It's too early to tell, sweetie." Alex picks up his glass of milk and takes a large swallow.

Being pregnant again upsets him greatly. Fox wasn't as upset when he was pregnant with Arman. I'm a little disappointed that Alex will be the father of Fox's next baby, which means it will be at least eleven years before Fox has my baby again. The majority of our kids will be married and moved out by then. I wonder if I can convince Fox to have both our children at the same time again? Maybe he'll be receptive in four years. I look at Fox, imagining his belly swollen with my baby. I adjust the napkin on my lap as my organ swells with excitement that the image provokes.

"Walter, what are you thinking about? I don't like that look on your face," Fox says, setting the glass of chocolate milk down on the table. He then wipes the milk moustache from Arman's upper lip.

"I'll tell you when we're alone together." Which I hope is soon, because I plan to do a lot more than talk.

Dinner passes noisily as I attempt to listen to all of my kids conversations at once.

Sasha is sitting at the far end of the table next to Angelique. He smirks and leans and whispers conspiratorially in her ear. "I'm going to meet Ben tonight downstairs in the garden. We're going to do it."

"Are you sure? Why don't you wait until you're older?" Angelique whispers back.

"I'm old enough to know what I want, Angel."

I have to use my powers to pick up what they are whispering to each other. Their words make my face flame red with anger, and I had to consciously keep my temper in check. Ben is one of my son's royal bodyguards. The man is twenty-nine years old. It makes me wonder if Sasha is still a virgin. He better be or there will be hell to pay!

"Walter, what's wrong?" Alex asks, meeting my eyes.

"Ah...nothing, Alex." I go back to eating as I telepathically relay what I have learned from eaves-dropping on Sasha to Alex. Alex is about to confront Sasha. *Don't, Alex! It would be better if we caught them in the act tonight.*

*In the act, Walter? I'm not allowing any man to stick his dick into my fifteen year old son!*

*We won't let them get that far. I need a good reason to charge Ben Stever with attempted rape and have him thrown off the island. Finish your dinner, Alex. I don't want to alarm Fox.*

*I'm going with you, Walt--* Alex covers his mouth as he yawns.

I can tell Alex isn't going to make it another hour without falling to sleep. *Sure, Alex.*

*Take Fox with you...I'm not going to make it. And, Walter, when I wake up in three weeks I expect Sasha to still be a virgin!*

*Don't worry, Alex. I'm going to take him with us to Area 51 on Monday. No way am I letting him out of my sight until he's twenty-one!* I look down the table at Fox. He's not going to like hearing this latest news.

We finish with dinner and our older kids gather the dirty dishes and go into the kitchen to wash them. Fox accompanies Alex back to our bedroom to help him to bed, while I go with Arman, Gawain, and the triplets into the entertainment room to see the Christmas tree.

"Oh, pretty tree!" Arman shouts, running over and tugging on an ornament.

"Mani, look, don't touch," I say, gazing up at the tree. I can barely see any pine needles. It is that densely covered with ornaments, lights, and tinsel. "Gawain, the tree is spectacular. You, and your brothers and sisters have out done yourselves this year."

"Thanks, Dad." Gawain is smiling proudly; his blue eyes sparkle with the light of hundreds of tiny Christmas lights.

I brush the backs of my fingers over his smooth cheek as he looks up at me. He is so pretty, more so than any of our daughters. I'm suddenly worried about leaving him here alone. Damn. I shouldn't have asked Fox to come with me on Monday. Well, we're taking River, Sasha, and Arman. I wonder if we should take Gawain, too. Some business trip that will be, in the company of four immortals and a three year old boy. I look up at the clock. "Girls, it time for bed."

"Can't we stay up a little longer? Tomorrow's Saturday," Morgan says.

"When you're ten you can stay up later, but until then your bed time is eight." I usually don't have to worry about putting them to bed. Their nanny or Alex and Fox usually take care of these details, since I often work past eight o'clock at night. I make it a point to be home for dinner at six, before heading back down to my offices for another two or more hours. "Go get your pajamas on and I'll be down to tuck you in."

"Okay, Daddy." They turn and scurry out of the room.

I pick up Arman. "It's past your bedtime, too."

"I want to take a Mr. Bubble bath with you and Daddy before bed."

"Me too, Dad!" Gawain says.

Gawain's getting a bit too old for bubble baths with his dads, but I have a hard time denying him anything. More so than any of our other children. "Okay. Why don't you take Mani and tell Daddy Fox to prepare a bath for us. I'm going to tuck your sisters in first."

"Yeah!" Arman shouts, racing ahead of Gawain.

I look at the clock. I want to be downstairs to stop Sasha from going too far with Stever, but I'm sure he won't try anything until after midnight. Just in case, I pick up the telephone and call General Kline. "Clay, I have a problem." I explain the situation to him involving Sasha and Ben Stever. He agrees to have the gardens digitally surveyed so we'll have strong evidence against Stever. God, I still have to talk with Nadia and Kira. I really need to brush up on my multi-tasking skills. I long for the days when I was only a FBI Assistant Director.

I first go to the triplet's bedroom. They are in their flannel pajamas with freshly scrubbed faces. "Did you brush your teeth?"

"Yes we did, Daddy. See." Alina smiles wide, proudly showing her teeth.

"Very good, Alina. Now, hop into bed." I go to each of their beds and tuck them in, kissing their foreheads.

"Will, Daddy Alex and Daddy Fox be down later?" Morgan asks.

"Daddy Fox will, but Daddy Alex is going to be sleeping the next three weeks."

"Because he's pregnant with our new sister," Regan says.

"Or brother." I smile. They see a male being pregnant as perfectly normal. I shouldn't be surprised; all of their female friends have immortal fathers. "Sweet dreams," I say, shutting off the overhead light and closing the door.

I walk into our bedroom and look first at Alex soundly asleep in bed. I feel a sense of sadness that I won't be able to make love to him again for three weeks. I hear laughter coming from our bathroom. I climb the steps and smile at Fox, Gawain, and Arman all naked waiting for the large bathtub to fill. Arman is holding a yellow rubber ducky. It is still strange to think that Fox gave birth to both boys. They are so much a part of him.

"Okay, boys, I think it is deep enough," Fox says, shutting off the water and climbing into the bathtub and sitting on the submersed bench. The water in the center of the tub is over Arman's head so he stands on the bench next to Fox. While Gawain swims to the other side, playing in the chin deep water. I strip out of my clothes as I watch them. I slip in next to Fox. He hands me a washcloth.

"Wash your kid," he says, passing Arman to me as well. "This is a bathtub, Gawain, not a swimming pool."

"It's sort of like a swimming pool, Dad. It's a hundred times as big as my bathtub."

"At least try to get clean as you swim," Fox says, chuckling. He leans back enjoying the hot water.

I smile as I scrub the wiggling bundle in my arms. "Fox, I was thinking we should take Gawain and Sasha with us on Monday."

"They should be fine here, Walter."

"I don't want to leave Sasha here without adult supervision."

"Okay, what has he done now?"

"He's planning on having sex with one of his bodyguards tonight down in the gardens."

"What! Okay, that does it! I'm going to tan his butt!" Fox glares at me. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be downstairs making sure he doesn't have sex?"

"Fox calm down. It's still early. I have Clay monitoring the gardens just in case. I really don't expect Sasha to sneak downstairs until after we go to bed."

"What guard is it? That bastard's going to wish he'd never heard my name when I'm through with him!"

"Ben Stever."

"Humph! I should have known it would be that asshole!"

"Fox, watch your language—"

Fox glances at our two sons, who are staring at him with open mouths. "Sorry. I didn't mean to swear."

"Daddy, are you really going to spank Sasha?" Gawain is resting his hands on Fox's knees as he looks up at him questioningly.

"No. He's too old for spanking."

"You spanked me!" Arman shouts, climbing onto Fox's lap.

"You're not too old to spank." Fox smiles hugging him. "Walter, I need to get out of the tub. Can you finish washing Mani? I'm too anxious about Sasha right now."

"Sure, Fox. Just don't alert Sasha. We won't be able to nail Stever with any criminal charges if we don't catch them in the act."

"The act, Walter? Just how far do you intend that bast...man to get with our son?" Fox passes Arman back to me as he stands. He climbs out of the tub while I answer him.

"Not far...heavy kissing and groping should be enough to charge him with sexual assault of a minor."

"You're King for crying out loud! You don't need any reason to throw his butt in jail!"

"Yes, I do. I might be King, but I am not a tyrant or a dictator. Our citizens need me to honor the laws that our kingdom has established. Fox, without laws we will fall into anarchy."

Fox finishes drying himself, and drops the damp towel down the laundry shoot. "I know you're right, Walter. I just don't want to see Sasha taken advantage of."

I hold my tongue. I don't tell him that I think Sasha's the one taking advantage of Ben Stever. Sasha is Alex's son pure and simple. He already knows how to manipulate a situation to his advantage. I can just picture him wrapping Stever around his little finger. Fox only sees our sweet and innocent boy, not the flirt that Alex and I have witnessed on several occasions. Sasha may only be going on sixteen, but he is the one calling the shots in this instance; there is no doubt in my mind. That's why I'm not going to let him out of my sight until he is an adult. I'm determined to use Stever as an example of what can happen if you lay a hand on one of my children. I finish washing Arman. "Okay, boys, I think we should get out."

"I'm not done playing yet, Daddy!" Arman picks up his rubber ducky and moves away from me, walking on the bench.

"It's past your bedtime, Mani. Now put the duck down and come over here!"

"No! I play first!"

"Mani, do as your Dad tells you!"

Arman looks up at Fox who is standing with his arms folded across his chest.

"Yes, Daddy." The boy quickly drops the duck and rushes back over to me and climbs on my lap. "I sorry," he says, touching my face.

I hug him and stand, cradling him against my chest. The water is still pleasantly warm and I would have liked to spend more time soaking. Maybe I could talk Fox into a late night candlelit bath after we take care of Sasha.

Gawain has already climbed out of the tub and is letting Fox dry him. "I can't wait for Thanksgiving tomorrow, Dad. Can I help you in the kitchen?"

"I'd be honored to have you as my personal assistant chef, Gawain." Mulder smoothed his fingers through Gawain's blonde hair. "I want you to turn in now, so you can get up early to help me tomorrow."

"Okay." Gawain looks at me hesitantly as he pulls on his pajamas. "Are you going to tuck me in?"

"Sure, if you want me to." I pass a wet Arman to Fox who frowns at me for getting his clothes wet.

"I want you to." Gawain giggles.

"Okay, go to your room and brush your teeth. I'll be down shortly."

Fox takes his time drying Arman as I dress. "What's Sasha doing currently?"

I don't like using my powers to spy on our kids, but considering the circumstance-- "He's sitting in the kitchen with the other kids. They're finishing off a gallon of butter pecan ice cream with a hot butterscotch sauce--" Oh shit, I watch as Arman's eyes light up.

"Daddy, I want ice scream!"

"No! It's past your bedtime," Fox says.

"Pleeeaase!"

"No, Mani. Don't argue with me. If you're good, then tomorrow you can have ice cream on you pie."

"But, I want ice scream now."

Fox sighs and hugs Arman tightly, closing his eyes. I can tell everything is getting to him.

I touch Mulder's cheek. "Fox, let me have him. I'll put Mani to bed, why don't you go make yourself a stiff drink. I'll join you shortly, after I tuck our sons in and talk to Nadia and Kira."

Arman for once knows when to keep quiet. "Daddy," he whispers as I carry him into the nursery.

"Hmm?"

"I didn't mean to make Daddy sad."

"He's not sad." I pull the blankets down and Arman climbs under the covers. "I think we should move you into your own bedroom. Would you like that?"

He purses his lips in thought. "I like being near Daddy Fox."

"You'll still be near him. Don't you want your own room? We can decorate it any way you like."

"Okay."

"Goodnight, Mani."


I finish tucking Gawain in, then go have that talk with Nadia and Kira. When I finally put them to bed it is getting late, I find Fox in the Entertainment room looking at the Christmas tree. He's sipping a brandy. I walk over and enfold him in my arms from behind. He is warm and smells wonderful. I want to take him to bed and spend the rest of the night making love. Fox raises the brandy snifter to my lips. I take a sip of the warm liquid.

The older kids are on the other side of the room watching TV, including Sasha. He looks at his watch and glancing over at us nervously.

"So did you talk to Nadia and Kira?" Fox asks.

I nuzzle his throat with my nose. "Yeah. They've decided to hold off having a baby of their own." I chuckle and he turns his head to look at me.

"What?"

"They were giving me the strangest looks. I'm sure they were shocked when Scully informed them how men and women make a baby together. I wonder if she explained how immortals become pregnant."

Mulder groans, "Great, we'll be under their scrutiny for a while."

Sasha stands and stretches. "I'm beat. I think I'll go to bed now."

Fox tenses in my arms, and I hold him tighter. "Good night, Hunter," I say as he walks by us on his way out of the room.

"Night, Dads, see you in the morning."

I continue to nuzzle Fox's neck after Sasha is gone. Our other kids remain glued to the television set. "He's heading down the staircase," I whisper. "Let's give him thirty minutes then go after him."

"I hate waiting, Walter."

"Let me freshen your drink." I touch the snifter and its bottom fills with a splash of warm brandy.

"Are we just going to stand here for the next half-hour?" Fox raises the glass to his lips and breathes in the vapors before tilting the glass and taking a sip.

"No." I take his hand and pull him over to the recliner in the corner. Sitting, I pull him down on my lap and circle my arms around his waist.

"We can't get too comfortable," Fox says, turning so his back is resting against my chest, he lays his head next to mine. His left buttock is pressing lusciously against my groin.

Mindful of our children across the room I casually rest my hand over Fox's crotch "Yes, we can. Just because Sasha is being a pain in the butt, doesn't mean we can't enjoy ourselves." I squeeze, feeling the organ swell under my fingertips.

Fox's fingers wrap around my wrist. "Walter, please...I really am not in the mood. Let's go downstairs. I want to be close to Sasha, in case that bastard Ben tries anything."

"We should wait at least another fifteen minutes. Sasha will be fine. The gardens are being monitored. The minute Stever tries anything with Sasha he will be arrested." Fox pulls out of my arms and stands.

"You can stay here and wait. I'm going downstairs." Fox turns and heads for the door.

I jump out of the recliner and hurry after him, grabbing his arm. "Fox, slow down. We need to leave one of the older girls to watch Arman and the triplets."

"Okay, I'll tell Faith to look after them." Fox goes back to the entertainment room and I hear him calling to Faith. I listen to their conversation as she follows him out of the room.

"Faith, your Dad and I are going downstairs for a little bit. Can you look after Arman and the triplets, in case they need anything while we're gone?" Fox says.

"Of course, Dad."

"Thanks, Cutie," I say, kissing her cheek. "C'mon, Fox."

We walk down the hall to the elevator that will let us off nearest the gardens.

"What's he doing, Walter?" Fox asks as the elevator doors slide close.

My cheeks flush as anger permeates my being. "They're French kissing!"

"Walter, calm down. What did you expect them to be doing?"

"I-I...it's just a shock."

Fox takes my hand and squeezes it reassuringly as we wait for the elevator to reach the lobby. "At least it's enough to get him kicked off the island."

"Right now I just want his hands off our son." I pull Fox along after me as we rush off the elevator. I had ordered my men to wait until there was no doubt that they are going to have sex before stopping them.

When we reach the garden we hear swearing and the sound of a scuffle. My men rush from their places of concealment as we race down a garden path to the spot where Sasha and Ben Stever are. I freeze in my tracks and signal for the men following me to stop.

Duncan MacIver is in a blind rage beating the shit out of Ben Stever. It's quite the accomplishment considering Duncan is about seven inches shorter and a hundred pounds lighter than the older man. Sasha is swearing at his friend to stop when he sees us.

"Dad, make him stop! He's going to kill Ben!"

I signal for my men to pull them apart. Duncan is still struggling and trying to get to Ben as the battered man is led forcefully away.

"Duncan, calm down!" I order.

He glares at Sasha, then turns to face Fox and me. "That bastard was groping *my* boyfriend!" Duncan growls. His sixteen-year-old face is red with rage and indignation.

"I'm not your boyfriend, Duncan MacIver!" Sasha snaps.

"Sure you are, Sash. You just haven't admitted it to yourself yet." Duncan says with a lilt in his voice and a smug expression on his face, so much like his Scottish father.

Several of my men snicker. Fox steps forward and touches Duncan's swollen and bloody lips. I watch as the lips heal.

Fox smiles at him and kisses Duncan on the cheek. "It was extremely stupid of you to take on a sorcerer so much older than yourself, but I do appreciate you defending my son's virtue."

Duncan smiles shyly. "Stever has been hitting on Sasha for months. I wasn't about to let that slimeball get away with hurting him."

"He wasn't hurting me, Duncan! We were making love!" Sasha suddenly glances at Fox and me, realizing he just put his foot in his mouth.

"Sasha, you are grounded for the next month," Fox says.

"What about Ben?"

"He will be placed on trial for attempted rape and sexual assault of a minor." Fox doesn't blink as he tells Sasha what is in store for his almost lover.

"You can't do that! It wasn't his fault!"

"Ben Stever knew the consequences of touching you."

"It's not fair!" Sasha stomps his foot down on the ground angrily.

Fox places his hands on either side of our son's face and looks him in the eyes. "Next time, Sasha, maybe you'll consider the repercussions to those around you before engaging in something you know is wrong."

"B-But, Dad--"

"Not another word, Sasha! We're going back to our apartment now, where you have a date with a paddle waiting!" Fox growls.

The men stare at my beautiful lover with open admiration as Fox pushes Sasha in front of him and they head for the elevators. Duncan follows two steps behind.

"Are you really going to paddle him?" I can hear Duncan asking Fox worriedly.

"Yes."

"Isn't that a bit harsh?"

I continue listening as Fox stops walking and grabs Sasha's hand. "I'll tell you what, Duncan. Since you risked your life for my son, I'll let you decide on his punishment."

"I-ah...I think grounding him for a month is good and...." A smile slowly paints its way across Duncan's lips. "And doing volunteer work with me and my Dads every Saturday for the next three months at the soup kitchens and orphanages in Baltimore."

I smile at the uncertainty in Fox's eyes as I walk up the path to join them. He's worried about exposing Sasha to any danger. I think Duncan's suggestion is good. Sasha needs to see how good he has it here, and the only way to do that is to show him the poverty that a great number of our citizens live in. The island has no slums. The mainland is another story. My kingdom is still the number one destination spot for immigrants from all over the globe, most arrive here with only the clothes on their backs. Housing is in short supply, since most of New America's citizens have migrated to the East and West coasts, leaving the Midwest and South to farmers and ranchers willing to brave the isolation with their families. The large Midwestern and Southern cities were unable to stay viable with so few citizens after the women had died. They tried for years, but as more and more men left for the larger population centers on the coasts, the cities died. I visited Chicago last year. The city is virtual a ghost town, only a few hundred diehards were left.

"Walter--"

I glance at Fox. I'm not sure how long he was trying to get my attention. "Sorry, babe, I was thinking."

"What do you think of Duncan's suggestion?"

"I think it will do Sasha some good, seeing how some of our less fortunate people live. We can send a large security force with him; so don't worry about his safety. Besides, he'll have Rory and Kazuo to protect him, too."

"Okay. Sasha, thank Duncan for saving your butt," Fox says.

Sasha glares at Duncan. "Thanks a whole lot, Duncan."

Duncan is not put off by Sasha's hostility. He beams at our son. "You're welcome, Sash." The boy is too much like Rory, and I know somewhere down the road he will win Sasha's heart.


"Fox, I need to arrange for Ben Stever's transfer off the island. I'll be upstairs as soon as possible."

"Don't take too long. I want to finish that bubble bath we were taking earlier." Fox leans in and kisses me.

"I'll hurry--" I rush off in the other direction with images of Fox's lean naked body covered with suds. This evening is turning out better than I thought.


Chapter 3 - Fox

Crystal Palace
Saturday, November 25, 2017

I gaze up at the sparkling high ceiling as I lay on my back in bed. The moonlight is coming in through the floor-to-ceiling windows in the loft bathroom, shining on the crystals embedded in the plaster. In the daytime the crystals paint rainbows on the walls. It has been the delight of all of our children through the years. I listen to the gentle snores issuing from Walter while trying to pick up any sound from Alex. At this early morning hour my thoughts and feelings are solely mine alone. No kids or lovers to distract me from contemplating my life.

The sweet smell of sex still hangs thick in the air. I shift my legs, placing my feet flat on the mattress as I reach underneath my thigh to finger my anus. It's still slightly sore and moist from Walter's love making a few hours ago. I can still feel the dull throb of the bite mark on my buttock. I sigh. The aches and the marks will be gone with the moon when dawn breaks. I needed the distraction of some extra rough sex last night. I didn't want to think about Sasha. Now my thoughts are exclusively on my child. He doesn't know what a dangerous path he is traveling on. Having anal sex with a sorcerer is something he should avoid at all costs. They have a way of stealing an immortal's freedom like no other being on this planet. Ari is the freest amongst us; he's saved that special part of himself solely for Duffy. Although Ari has had many men impregnate him over the years, no man, clairvoyant or sorcerer has ever had anal sex with him. I turn my head and stare at Walter spread out sleeping on his stomach like a big cuddly bear. His head is turned toward me. I can't help the smile that creeps across my lips watching him. He reminds me that sorcerers also have a way of stealing one's heart. I wouldn't give up Walter for all the freedom on Earth.

I sigh again, looking over at the glowing green numbers on the wall clock. It is nearly four a.m. I'm not going to be able to sleep or rest until I talk to Sasha. I slip out from under the blankets, careful not to wake Walter. I crawl over Alex, looking down briefly at his tranquil face. No need to be quiet for his sake--an earthquake wouldn't wake sleeping beauty for the next three weeks. I place a chaste kiss on his lips as I ease out of bed.

I don't turn on any lights as I walk up the steps to the bathroom. The moon provides plenty of light to find the toilet. I relieve myself then wash my hands and splash cold water on my face. I run a soapy washcloth over my penis and balls, then between my buttocks, removing all traces of semen. Turning toward the moonlight coming in from the windows I pause to look down at my full nipples. A small amount of milk glistens on them. Shaking my head sadly, I walk over to the medicine cabinet and take out the sole bottle of pills it contains. It's a prescription I received from Doctor Pendrell to help dry up my milk. The bottle contains ten pills to be taken once daily. I swallow the pill dry then replace the bottle in the cabinet.

I grab my terrycloth robe off the hook and pull it on as I walk back down the steps.

The nursery door is closed. It has the tendency to squeak, so instead of opening it I walk through it. Arman has kicked off his blankets and is lying curled up against the headboard sleeping sideways on the bed. I fix the blankets and reposition him under the covers. He doesn't wake. I watch him for a few minutes before heading out of the nursery on my way to Sasha's bedroom. The older kids, with the exception of River, all wanted to move to the west wing once they became teenagers. It was far enough away from our bedroom that we wouldn't hear their stereos or late night conversations, and they wouldn't hear crying babies or their Dads having sex. It was a win win situation for all of us.

It takes me ten minutes to transverse the corridors before I reach Sasha's door. I stand there hesitantly. Unsure if I still have the resolve for the conversation I want to have with him. I was going to wait until he was eighteen, but that might be too late at the rate he's going. Opening the door, I step inside and wait for my eyes to adjust to the darkness before closing the door behind me. No moonlight is making it through the windows on this side of the palace. I walk over to the night table and turn on the tiffany lamp.

Sasha murmurs in his sleep turning away from the light. I sit on the bed watching him sleep. Everyday he's looking more like Alex. Only a couple of features set them apart--Sasha's inherited my mole and ears. I touch my stomach as I watch him, still amazed after all these years that he was once growing inside me. I recall all the times I took him to my office with me when he was a boy. He's still welcome there by the agents with open arms. It takes a moment for me to realize that he is peering at me through half-closed lids.

"Dad, what do you want?"

"I couldn't sleep."

"What does that have to do with me?"

"You're the reason I couldn't sleep."

"Isn't it enough that you've arrested my boyfriend? Now you have to blame me for your sleeping problems, too."

"I'm not blaming you for anything, Sasha. You told me yesterday that you wanted to be like Ari. To go on walkabouts like he does. If you would have succeeded in having sex with Ben Stever you would have lost any hope of ever doing that."

"Dad, there's a cure for withdrawals symptoms now--"

"It's only a temporary cure! If you stop using the suppositories, you'll be in even more pain from the withdrawal symptoms!" I close my eyes and turn my back on him. Years of hell crash down on me as my eidetic memory recalls all those painful times.

"Dad?" he says softly, moving to sit next to me. "What's wrong?"

"I was the very first immortal. The others mutated soon after me, but I was the first. Sasha, I lost everything when I changed. All the little freedoms I used to take for granted were gone. Your Dad Walter became very protective of me. It was shortly after I changed that we became lovers. He was my first male lover...your Dad Alex was my second. I learned to rely heavily on both your fathers for protection, until Alex was changed into an immortal in a freak accident. Then he was in the same boat as me. You've already heard and read all about this from the different biographies written about us. What you haven't heard was the time I spent with Nikolai Slava or as a prisoner of the consortium." I wring my hands together. I've never told another living human being everything that happened between Slava and me. Walter and Alex know everything about what happened to me when the consortium had their hands on me. Alex was with me at the time. I don't think I'll be able to tell Sasha everything...not yet.

Sasha takes a hold of my hand. "Tell me, Dad."

"The first time was when I had run off with Alex...after I found out that Walter had deceived me and was the one who really killed my father. It wasn't until much later that I discovered that Alex had deceived me about Walter's death. Those were ugly, terrifying days for me. I'd only been an immortal a few months and was still having problems adjusting. I didn't know who to trust or believe. Alex took me to Russia, it was onboard the plane that I first met Slava. Alex knew him from past dealings with him. When I found out about Alex's deception, I wanted to go back to Walter, but Alex wouldn't allow me to leave. Slava offered to help me. It was stupid for me to trust him, but I was so desperate." I look across the room and focus on one of my son's posters as I continue to talk. "The minute I stepped into his limousine I knew I'd made the biggest mistake in my life. He used his powers to make me strip for him. Then he raped me over, and over again on the drive from St. Petersburg to Moscow. No one had ever done the things he did to me. I was with him for days until--"

"Until Dads Walter and Alex, rescued you," Sasha says.

"Yeah." He's heard this part of the story, but not about my being raped. "...'til they rescued me, I had no rights. Slava decided what I wore, what I ate, when I slept...I wasn't allowed to speak to anyone other than Yori. I was Slava's property."

"Dad, you must have loved him a little...you have children with him."

I turn and look at Sasha appalled. "I never agreed to have children with him. He raped me and stole my semen." I chuckle sadly, "I didn't even know about my Russian daughters until the day I was escaping from Slava the second time. Then for years he wouldn't allow me to see them--even when he and Alex were lovers."

"I didn't know, Dad. I'm sorry." Sasha leans against me and rests his head on my shoulder. "How can you stand being in the same room as Tsar Nikolai?"

I hug him, resting my cheek against his silky head. "It isn't easy. I love your half-sisters too much to allow my dislike for Slava to interfere with our relationship. When you have kids of your own someday, you'll understand what I mean." I don't tell him that Alex has a worse time being around Slava or about Nicky being conceived from Slava raping Alex.

We sit quietly for a long time. "Sash, promise me you'll wait until you're older to have sex...at the very least talk to me first. I don't want you hurt."

"Is that what you think Ben would have done?"

"At your age, yes. You're an immortal. You'll be fought over and placed on a pedestal by other men. Most will only see a beautiful face and body, and not the person within." I tap Sasha's chest over his heart. "You need to search carefully for the right man. Someone who will love you for yourself and not for the status they will achieve by owning you."

"How will I know?" he whispers.

"That's where this comes in handy." I tap his forehead this time. "Don't rely on your heart...use your brain. If that doesn't work, and you're still unsure, come and talk to your Dads and me."

Sasha hugs me and buries his face against my shoulder. "Dad, don't worry, no one will ever own me. I plan to always be the one in control."

My son has the confidence that only comes with youth. One day he's going to wake up to the harsh reality of life.

"Sasha, not everything works out as planned." I kiss his forehead and hug him tightly before letting him go. "Go back to bed."

"Dad, I love you," he says, giving me a quick kiss before crawling back under the covers.

I stand and turn off the lamp. I don't know if he'll listen to what I've told him, somehow I doubt it. Still I feel better than I did earlier. I head back to my bedroom. Walter is just climbing out of bed when I walk through the doorway.

"Have you taken a shower yet?" he asks tiredly.

"No, do you want to share one?" I walk over to him and place my hands on his bare hips, tilting my head slightly as I kiss him good morning.

"Sure, Fox, after I brush my teeth." We walk up the steps to the bathroom. "Where were you?"

"I was in Sasha's room talking to him." I strip off my robe, hanging it back on the hook between Walter's and Alex's.

"What about?" Walter stands naked at the sink squeezing toothpaste on his toothbrush.

"I told him about the first time Slava raped me. I was hoping if he knew, he'd be more careful. I don't think it had much of an impact on him." I turn on the shower and step under the spray. It's too cold, but I don't care.

Walter reaches in and turns up the hot water before stepping in. "Punishing yourself for our son's behavior isn't going to do him or you any good."

"I know." I pick up a nylon puff and squirt some shower gel on it. "Turn around and I'll wash your back." Walter has a nice dusting of hair on his back that I find deliciously masculine. It's not nearly as thick as the sexy tuft on his chest, but it is more than I have on my body. I take my time washing his back. Then I slip the puff between his buttocks and wash his ass and balls then down his thighs. Kneeling next to his parted legs I lean forward and run my tongue over one slick cheek. Dropping the puff I use both hands to spread his cheeks apart and flick my tongue down the crease. Walter moans and rocks his hips. I push into his snug opening, fucking him with my tongue as the water continues to wash over us. God, he's so tight.

"Fox, p-please...blow me--"

I chuckle as I scoot around to his front. His legs are too rubbery for him to do anything but hold onto the shower wall. I kneel before him admiring his manhood that is bobbing in front of my eyes. Perfection. I wrap my lips around the plump, plum-sized head and toy with the slit with the tip of my tongue. I tease him this way for long minutes until a hand wraps in my hair and he pushes more of his shaft into my mouth. I relax my throat muscles and swallow the length of him then pull back. He holds my head and thrusts back in; his heavy balls hit my chin. I know I'll have a sore throat for the rest of the morning as Walter starts fucking me in earnest.

I'm sporting an erection to rival his. Walter brings out the animal in me with each thrust down my throat. I surprise both of us by coming before him. My warm semen splashes against his legs. I slip my damp finger into his anus and nudge at his pleasure point. Walter pulls out so only the head is in my mouth and comes explosively. His come washes over my tongue and hits the back of my throat. He tastes wonderful. Thick and creamy and slightly bitter from the alcohol we shared last night.

Walter sinks down next to me and pulls me into his arms. He's panting heavily. We sit embracing on the shower floor as the water continues to rain down on us. A noise draws our attention away from each other as we glance across the bathroom to find Arman sitting on his potty-chair. He's stripped off his sleeper. I don't see it on the floor in the bathroom so it must be in the nursery. Arman has a look of utter concentration on his face that makes me laugh. He stands and grabs the end of the roll of toilet paper and runs across the bathroom toward us, sans underpants with the ribbon of paper trailing behind him.

"Wipe ME!"

I'm laughing as I shove Walter. "Go wipe your son."

"How come he's my son when he needs his butt wiped?" Walter grumbles good-naturedly as he stands. "Go back to your potty chair, champ. I'll wipe you as soon as I dry myself."

Arman ignores him as he stares at me sitting on the shower floor. "Are you taking a bath?"

"No. Now do as Daddy Walter tells you." I climb back to my feet as Arman heads over to his potty-chair. I lather up and wash while Walter attends to our son.

"Fox, as long as you're already wet do you want to wash Mani? I want to go to the kitchen and stuff the turkey and get it in the oven."

"Sure. I'll be down later to help you, Bear."

I bend down and start washing Arman. He's being unusually quiet. "Mani, what's wrong?"

"Bad men make you cry."

I frown, wondering what he's talking about. "Did you have a bad dream last night?"

"T-they make you cry...." He starts crying and I scoop him up in my arms.

"Shh, baby, it was only a bad dream." I rock him against my chest as I turn off the water.

Stepping out of the shower I grab a towel from the rack and wrap it around him. His sobs taper off as I continue to hold him securely. I carry him down the steps and stand him on the bed to finish drying him. Then I lay him down next to Alex.

"Mani, lay here for a moment while I get dressed." He crawls under the covers and cuddles next to Alex. He is still upset, but I don't know what else to do except stay close to him. For some odd reason his dream disturbs me. I can't remember any of my other kids having a dream like this at such a young age. I hurriedly pull on a pair of jeans and a sweater, and then go into the nursery for an outfit for Arman. I make his bed then lay his good sweater and slacks on the bed spread for later. I grab a sweat suit outfit for him to play in until dinner.

"C'mon, champ, let's get you dressed."

Arman crawls out from under the covers. "Is Daddy Alex going to get up?"

I slip his legs through his underpants. "No. He's going to be sleeping for a long time. If you're good, you can help me paint Daddy Alex's fingernails and toenails later." I grin. It's only fair since Alex did it to me while I was sleeping while pregnant with Arman. He did more than just my nails.

"Daddy, I'm thirsty," Arman says, petting my sweater.

"You still have some chocolate milk in the refrigerator."

"I want your milk."

"Sorry, baby, Daddy's cutting you off."

"How come?" he pouts.

"You're getting too big."

"I little."

I hold his foot as I put his sneaker on it. "Daddy Walter wants you in your own bedroom and I agree. I think you're old enough." I hug him and set him back on the floor. I fix the blankets around Alex and kiss him before taking Arman's hand. "Let's go to the kitchen and I'll make you a bowl of Coco-wheats."

"Daddy, where's my bedroom?" he asks nervously.

I can tell he's worried. I walk across the hall to the closest room and open the door. It's a center bedroom so there are no windows. It does have a large sky light in the ceiling in the bathroom. "How about this bedroom?"

He looks around, then runs out the door back to my bedroom then races back again. "I like this bedroom, Daddy!"

"Good. You will still use the bathroom in your Dads and my bedroom," I say, closing and locking the bathroom door. I don't want him using it by himself until he's at least five.

Walter is singing as we enter the kitchen. He has Jacques' chef-hat on his head and a kiss the cook apron on--which I do.

"Did you get the turkey in the oven?" I ask, walking over to the oven and peering inside.

"As you can see, all twenty-eight pounds of him."

"Can I see, Daddy?" Arman runs over and looks under my arm. "Oh, it's as big as me."

Walter chuckles, "With the stuffing inside it, it certainly weighs more than you do, champ."

Gawain comes stomping into the kitchen followed by the triplets and twins. It will be a few more hours until our older kids crawl out of bed. I take a large pot down from the rack.

"Would you kids like Coco-wheats?"

"Yes, Daddy!" the triplets shouts.

"Are you making it with milk?" Gawain asks.

"Yes. Is there any other way?"

"Jacques makes it with water. I like it better with milk."

"C'mon, kids sit at the table and I'll get you some juice," Walter says, setting a steaming mug of coffee on the counter next to me as I fill the pot with milk and set it over the burner.

I sip my coffee as I wait for the milk to heat. Once it is steaming I pour the dry cereal in. I stir constantly until it thickens. The smell always brings back memories of my childhood. Walter sets a tray with eight bowls on the counter. I glob a large portion into each bowl. Walter sprinkles a spoonful of sugar over the globs.

"This is the most unappetizing looking stuff, Fox."

"Yeah, but I know you love it as much as the kids do."

Walter chuckles, and carries the full tray to the table. I refill my mug with coffee and sit down next to Arman. Walter pours milk over the globs of cereal in our bowls before sitting down between the twins. It's a good thing our older kids like sleeping in on weekends. The breakfast table is only large enough for nine. There are stools at the counter but not enough for all of us to eat in the kitchen together.

"Walter, we should think of expanding the kitchen," I say, taking Arman's spoon I mash the cereal into the milk then hand him the spoon back. "It's still hot, you'll need to blow on it."

"Fox, what do you have in mind?"

"More seating at the counter and a large breakfast area. We really need the room between the kid's nannies, Alex expecting again, and our future grandchildren this place is going to get crowded fast."

"I'll talk to the architects and ask them to enlarge the breakfast area. They should be able to fit in a day to get the job done this week."

I start eating my cereal when it occurs to me that I'm now so used to the palace's sorcerer architects and engineers, it doesn't even faze me that they'd be able to enlarge the kitchen within a day.

Nadia and Kira are looking between Walter and me and giggling. Great I can just imagine what they're thinking. I really should talk to Scully about leaving out some details when explaining how men have sex.

We finish breakfast and I set Arman on the floor to play with his matchbox cars and trucks. Walter and I do the dishes--well, Walter zaps them clean while I lean up against the counter, sipping another mug of coffee. Something I couldn't imbibe in while I was still nursing Arman.

I look at my son who is standing beside me. "Are you ready to help me, Gawain?"

"Sure, Dad. What do you want me to do?"

I choose something easy for him to make, that doesn't require cooking. "You're going to make the fruit salad. Here's the recipe. I want you to follow it. I'll help you if you have any problems."

"Okay." Gawain smiles brightly as he looks at the recipe card. He then starts finding the items it calls for.

The triplets have gone to the entertainment room to watch Saturday morning cartoons. The networks are still running the cartoons from before the attempted invasion. Only one new cartoon series has been made after. Kira and Nadia have gone back to their room. So it's just Gawain, Arman, Walter, and me in the kitchen.

I glance down at Arman to make sure he's playing nicely. I watch as his matchbox cars roll around the floor on their own.

"Walter--" When Walter glances at me I nod toward our son.

Walter walks over and sits on the floor next to Arman. "Mani, that's very good. Do you know how you're making your cars move?"

"Because I want them to move."

Walter picks up one of the cars and places it on the floor in front of him. "Can you make this car come to you?"

"Yes."

The car rolls from Walter to Arman. I stand quietly watching them.

Walter holds out his hand palm up and the matchbox car appears in it. "Can you make it come to you like I just did?"

Arman lower lip sticks out in thought and he shakes his head no. "Daddy, I want my car back."

Walter hands it back to him and stands. He walks back over to me. "His abilities seem to be limited by what he knows. I doubt that he'll be able to teleport something or do much of anything else until he understands the concepts in theory."

"Walter, it's weird that he can do anything at all at his age. I think I'll go into the bureau tomorrow and do some checking to see if there are any reports of anyone showing the sorcerer ability before they reached puberty."

"Babe, tomorrow's Sunday. Couldn't it wait until we get back from Area 51? We hardly have a whole day together," Walter pouts.

I look into his doe brown eyes and sigh, "Okay, Bear. I guess it can wait." I give him a slow smile that I know usually drives him wild and run my hands over the apron squeezing his hard pecs. "I can think of a lot of things we can do all day tomorrow." I lace my fingers around his neck and bring our bodies together until we can feel the swell of each other's groin.

"Fox, if you don't want me to throw you over my shoulder and carry you back to our bedroom this instant, I suggest you take a couple steps back." His voice is straining with the effort to control his surging lust.

Since I don't have anyone to watch Arman and we're in the middle of preparing Thanksgiving dinner I step back. "Maybe when I put Mani down for his nap we can continue where we left off."

Walter gives me a smoldering look, leaning forward he growls softly in my ear. "I plan on skipping ahead, babe. I'm going to start with riding you hard, we can cuddle later."

Blood rushes to my penis as his hot breath caresses my ear. I seriously think about dragging him into the pantry for a quick ten-minute fuck. "I-I think we better concentrate on cooking."

We have a few hours of peaceful silence until our older kids start trickling in. Hope is first. She makes a beeline for the coffeepot.

"Morning," she mutters. Hope's dressed in her bathrobe and slippers. Taking a seat at the breakfast table, she sets her mug down carefully, trying not to bump any of the matchbox cars that Arman has lined up on the table. They almost form a full circle around its edge.

"Hope, would you like me to fix you anything for breakfast?" Walter asks.

She sips her coffee. "Thanks, but I'm not hungry. I'm going to hold off until dinner."

"I'll have something, Dad!" Sergei says from the doorway.

"Me, too," Nicky pipes in, following him into the kitchen.

Sergei sits at the table and shoves Arman's cars out of the way.

"EEEKK! DADDY! SERGEI BROKE MY ROAD!" Arman throws himself at Sergei kicking, screaming, and biting.

"Help, Dad!" Sergei hollers.

Walter rushes over, wrapping his arms around Arman's small body pulling him away from Sergei. "Shh, champ, Sergei will fix it. He didn't realize what he was doing," Walter purrs gently rocking Arman until he starts to settle down. "Now apologize to your brother for biting him."

I'm healing the bite mark on my son's arm as Arman glares at him remorselessly.

"No! He broke my road."

"Mani, you just earned yourself a ten minute time out," I say as Sergei starts lining up the little matchbox cars.

"No, Daddy."

"Yes. But first put away all of your cars." I hand him the matchbox carrying case. It holds a hundred of the tiny cars and trucks.

"I didn't do nothing." Arman looks up at me with his bottom lip thrust out.

"You bit and kicked your brother. Neither one is allowed in our house. Didn't you learn anything from yesterday?" I almost laugh when he tries a different tact.

"Daddy, why don't Sergei get a time out? He started it."

"Because he didn't mean to wreck your road. Now start picking up these cars, young man."

Arman sighs dragging his feet as he walks to the table. He has to climb up on a chair to reach his cars. Picking one up he climbs back down and places it in the compartment in the case. He does this for about ten minutes and still over half the cars remain. Arman stares at the cars then back at the case. A look of utter concentration makes his three-year-old face appear older. Soon the cars start vanishing off the table and reappearing in the carrying case.

"Dad! Do you see what Mani's doing?" Sergei shouts.

I walk over to Walter and drop my head on his shoulder. "So much for your theory about his needing to understand the concept behind teleportation first." Walter arms enfold my body pulling me closer.

"He's a quick learner," Walter says, rubbing my back.

"He's only three!"

"Shh, you're tense, babe. I'll give you a massage later."

"Bear, I have to deal with our tiny terror first."

Arman pouts as I lead him over to the corner. Walter finishes preparing eggs, bacon, and hash browns for Sergei, Nicky, Kaylie, and Summer. The two girls strolled into the kitchen ten minutes ago. The only ones missing are Sasha, Faith, and Angelique. It is after eleven o'clock when the final kids put in an appearance. None of them are too interested in eating, preferring to wait for our Thanksgiving dinner at four.

Sasha walks over and hugs me.

"What's that for?" I ask, returning the hug.

"Because I love you." He then hugs Walter. "Dad, I'm sorry I've been such a pain in the ass."

Walter smoothes his hair out of his eyes. "Apology accepted, but you're still going with us on Monday."

"Hey, I want to go with you," Sasha says, kissing Walter on the cheek and walking over to the refrigerator for a glass of juice.

Walter and I exchange confused looks. Arman has been sitting on the floor for the past hour coloring and he's starting to get grumpy.

"Walter, I'm going to put the royal terror down for a nap." I give him a meaningful look as I lift Arman off the floor. "Naptime, Mani."

"I'm not tired!"

I cradle his tiny body in my arms and kiss his nose then hug him against my chest. "Don't argue with me, Arman."

He stops whining. "Daddy, you take nap with me."

"How about I let you take your nap next to Daddy Alex in the big bed?"

"'Kay."


I snap the flaps shut on my undershirt over my swollen nipples. It will be so good when I don't have to wear it any longer. Once my milk dries up, I can go back to wearing nothing under my shirts. I pull on my linen dress shirt and tuck it into my black, silk-blend, dress pants. I look at myself in the mirror. My hair is nearly to my shoulders. Most men are wearing their hair long nowadays. I turn sideways looking at my physique. I'm leaner than I've been in years. I have to buckle my belt to the very last notch. My weight loss has been bothering Walter and Alex. I don't mean to skip meals. Sometimes there just isn't time between the kids and my job. I do still make time for exercising. All my life I've used jogging to relieve stress and clear my mind. It helps me focus. I'll admit that I've been overdoing it lately. Some of the cases I've been working on have been really affecting me mentally. So many involve young boys. I haven't told Walter or Alex about the problems I've been having. I believe I've hid it well from them, other than my minor weight loss.

"Are you ready, Fox?" Walter steps into my walk-in closet wearing his elegant charcoal gray suit and burgundy tie. He's holding Arman's hand. Our youngest is dressed in the forest green sweater and slacks I had laid out on the bed earlier.

"Almost." I pull on my black suit jacket.

Walter is impatient. Slava and my Russian daughters arrived an hour ago. We left our kids entertaining them, while we came back to our room to dress for dinner.

I carry my dress shoes and silk tie out of the closet. "Why don't you go and check on the turkey. I'll be down in a minute," I say, sitting on the bed.

"I'm sure Slava is fine," Walter grumbles.

"Be nice."

"Yes, dear." Walter walks over and looks down at Alex. He caresses Alex's cheek with the backs of his fingers. Bending he kisses Alex softly on the lips. Then he takes our son's hand again, saying, "C'mon, Mani, let's get the turkey out of the oven." They head out the door as I continue dressing.

I finish tying my tie and lacing my shoes when I hear a throat being cleared. I turn to see Slava standing in the doorway. "What do you want?"

"I wanted to talk to you privately, Fox." He walks into the room and over to the bed. He stares down wistfully at Alex, before shaking his head. "Pregnancy just doesn't suit Alexei."

"Nikolai, he's not even showing!" The Tsar has a way of getting under my skin. I can tell he's still in love with Alex. "What do you want?"

"Anatasja, Raisa, and Marina are to wed at the end of May. I'd like you to come to St. Petersburg for their weddings. You may bring Alexei and King Walter, and any of your sons and daughters who'd like to come."

I'm floored by the news. Three of our seven daughters are getting married. "They'll only be seventeen in May. Why are they getting married so young?"

"Moi Fox, seventeen isn't so young when you're in love. It is their choice and I approve of the men they've chosen to marry."

"I'll talk to Walter about it--"

"Of course, Moi Fox, you'd need your master's permission to go to your own daughter's weddings?"

"Don't start with the psycho-babble with me, Nikolai." I glare at him. "I need Walter to provide protection for Alex and me. You don't really think I trust you?"

He chuckles, "You and Alexei are wise not to trust me. I'll always love you both! But I do accept that you can't return my love. King Walter is a lucky man."

Walter...God, he'd blow a fuse if he knew Slava was in our bedroom talking to me alone. "I think we should join our kids in the dining room."

We don't talk as we walk down the hallway together. The dining room table is set with our finest linens, silver, and china. Steaming bowls of vegetables and other delicacies fill the center of the table. The kids are standing around the table talking and joking with their Russian sisters. Walter is just coming out of the kitchen carrying the platter with the large turkey. He arches an eyebrow at me as he eyes us standing in the doorway across the room from him. I give him a reassuring smile. He places the turkey in front of his place setting at the head of the table.

River walks into the dining room drawing everyone's attention to him. My Russian daughters run over and hug him. Slava stays back, staring dumbly at him. River is dressed similarly to me in a black silk tailored suit. He hardly ever dresses up, even for Holidays.

"Would everyone please have a seat," Walter says.

I sit at the opposite end of the table from Walter, with Arman in his booster chair to my right. Lieutenant Marcus Morris, Faith's fiancae, sits to my left with Faith in the chair next to his. To my surprise River walks over and takes a seat next to Slava. Slava seems very uncomfortable. I wonder what River is up to.


"Marcus, would you like to lead us in a prayer of thanks?" Walter asks.

"Yes, Your Majesty."

While Marcus recites the prayer I continue to glance around the table as everyone bows their head. Walter knows that I don't share his Christian beliefs. I once believed in a divine entity, until I became an immortal, then all those old beliefs were wiped away. The prayer ends, and Walter stands to carve the turkey as the bowls of food are passed around the table.

"Would you like some sweet potatoes, Mani?" I scoop a spoonful on my plate.

"Oh please, Daddy. I like them the bestest."

"He's gotten so big, Father," Marina comments. She's sitting on the other side of Arman.

"I'm three! I have my own bedroom!"

"Really, Arman! You're a very big boy. Will you show me your bedroom later?" Marina pets his head.

"Yes. It's near Daddy's bedroom."

"Marina, we haven't moved him into the bedroom yet." It's really is good to see her and her sisters again. "Nikolai told me that you and your sisters Anatasja and Raisa are getting married in May."

"Yes." She blushes. "He's really a sweet man. I hope you can come to our weddings. We're getting married in a triple ceremony."

"I wouldn't miss it. Please, tell me about this man you're marrying."

Faith smiles across the table at her. "Yes, Marina, I want to hear all about him, too," she says.

"Faith, he's not as handsome as your Marcus." Marina grins, looking at the young man sitting next to Faith. "But he's not bad looking. He's a sorcerer and a general in father's air force."

"A general? Just how old is he?" I ask.

"He's forty-nine...." She must have seen the concern on my face as she goes on to quickly reassure me. "Don't worry, Father Fox, I love him and want to marry him. Age isn't important, besides he only looks around thirty-five."

"How about your sisters?" I look down the table at them. They're talking to Walter. I grin at how my Russian daughters are so infatuated with my husband. Lisa and Marina are the only ones on my end of the long table.

"They're thrilled to be getting married. Father has hosted many balls and parties for us over the past year. My other sisters want to get married, but they haven't found the right man yet," Marina says.

I look down the table at Slava. So, he's been searching for husbands for them. At least he's allowing them to choose, like Walter, Alex, and I have been with our daughters.

"Daddy, I want more marshmallow fruit." Arman looks up at me pleadingly.

"Of course, Mani." I look down the table at the different bowls until I spot the one Arman wants. "Angel, can you pass the fruit salad down."

Angelique smiles and reaches for the bowl passing it over Gawain to Sasha, who passes it on until it finally reaches Marina. She spoons some on Arman's plate.

"Thank you, Marina!" Arman shouts.

"You're a very well-mannered little boy."

"King Walter, you must be commended on raising such lovely family," Slava says, pulling his attention briefly away from River.

"They're my pride and joy, Tsar Nikolai. But, you are not lacking in that area either." Walter looks around at the seven pretty Czarinas. "Anatasja was just telling me that her and her sisters Raisa and Marina are getting married in May."

"Yes, they are. I would be honored if you and your family would be our guests for the month of May. I know my girls would like Fox to be there for them on such an important event."

"We'd all be honored--"

Sasha clears his throat. "Dad, I'm not going! I'm sure Sergei won't want to leave Kat, her baby's due at the end of April."

"Hunter, I'm not leaving you here alone--"

Sasha cuts him off. "I'll stay here with Dad Alex. He won't want to go anywhere being six months pregnant."

Slava levels a long look at the immortal teenager. "Hunter, you've always told me that you wanted to see the Winter Palace and St. Petersburg."

Sasha glares angrily at him. "I want nothing to do with you!"

I need to end this before it becomes ugly. "Hunter, Tsar Nikolai is a guest in our home, please apologize," I say, regretting the talk I had with him early this morning.

Hunter's eyes flash angrily. "No, Dad, I won't apologize. Has he ever apologized for raping you?"

The room goes deathly quiet and I wonder if my face is as red as the cranberry sauce. I glance across the table at Walter and he sees the humiliation on my face.

"Hunter, this isn't the place or time to discuss this. Everyone, please go back to your meals," Walter says.

It takes several uncomfortable moments for the conversations to resume and my sons and daughters to pretend they didn't hear what Hunter said. I pick at my food no longer hungry.

"Daddy, eat!" Arman orders.

"Mani, I'm...." I look at his upset face, and smile, combing my fingers through his thick chestnut hair. "Okay, baby, I'll eat if it makes you happy." I force myself to finish the remainder of the food on my plate, barely hearing the conversations around me.

Marcus finally finds the courage to talk to me. "Sir, I really do appreciate you allowing me to be part of your Thanksgiving celebration. The food is delicious. I-I never had a better meal in my life."

"You grew up in an orphanage didn't you, Marcus?" I know the answer, but wanted to hear more about him.

"Yes. It was the Long Island orphanage. It wasn't a bad place."

"I visited there a few times." Then I've visited a lot of orphanages through the years, making sure the children were being treated properly. I also searched for any pre-immortals among the children. I knew I could sense them as I sensed River. However, I found none.

Marcus grinned. "I know. I was there when you and Prince Alex visited eight years ago. It was a big event for us. You both brought us toys and books, and saw to it that our meals were improved."

I do a quick calculation in my head. "You would have been fifteen then."

"Yes, sir. I transferred to the military academy the next year."

"You've done pretty well for yourself, Marcus."

He grins and takes a hold of Faith's hand. "I've done more than pretty well, sir. I'm about to marry the most beautiful woman on Earth."

I feel happy for them. We still haven't discussed where they will be living.

Walter walks down to my end of the table carrying a wine bottle. He refills my wineglass as he pulls up a chair between Arman and me, draping his arm over the back of my chair.

"I miss you, Fox. Either you're going to have to sit at my end of the table or we'll going to have to purchase several smaller tables."

I take a sip of wine and squeeze his thigh under the table. "I miss you too, Bear."

"Daddy, I'm ready for pie and ice SCREAM!"

Walter looks down at Arman's empty plate. "Did you really eat all of that?"

"Yes!" He grins proudly. "Pie...pleease!"

"Okay, champ." The plate disappears and in its place is a small slice of pecan pie topped with butter pecan ice cream.

"Thank you, Daddy!"

Arman's eyes are bigger than his stomach, I'm sure he'll leave most of the pie. I lean against Walter. "How about sharing a slice of pumpkin pie with me?"

"Anything to get you to eat more," he says as slice of pie covered in whip cream appears where my plate had been. Walter picks up the fork and scoops up some pie and offers it to me. I open my mouth for the delectable sweet. "Mm." It's been almost a year since we've had pumpkin pie.

Walter takes a mouthful of pie before offering me another forkful. I'm so engrossed that it takes me a while before I realize that everyone is staring at us.

I arch an eyebrow at them. "What?"

"Dad, we just like watching you two lovebirds," Kaylie says, and the rest of the kids snicker.

I roll my eyes and pick up my fork. "You kids are merciless."

Walter chuckles. "Fox, we'll get our revenge when they're married with kids of their own."

"They'll probably dump their rugrats on us."

"Only on weekends, Gramps," Kat says, patting her plump belly.

I look down the table at her. According to Doctor Pendrell, she's pregnant with a healthy human baby girl. No sign of the virus or any mutant genes. "If you want babysitters you'd better watch the gramps, Kat."

Her grin widens. "Yes, Dad."

The rest of the meal is quite tense as Sasha, Nicky, and Sergei all glare menacingly at Slava. I feel guilty. I don't want what Slava did to me years ago to come between the relationship he has with Nicky. Until today Nicky adored his Russian father.

I stand and set down my napkin. "Tsar Nikolai, would you care to join us for an after dinner drink in the entertainment room?"

Slava nods, standing to join Walter and me, until River interrupts. "Dad, I was hoping Tsar Nikolai would do me the honor of viewing my latest paintings."

Slava seems uneasy with the idea. "River, maybe your fathers and I can go together to view your paintings then have a drink after."

"No! Ah...I mean...my Dads have already seen my latest works. I'll show you then we can join them in the entertainment room." He takes Slava's hand and leads him out of the room.

I wonder what's up with River. He's never behaved this way before and I don't like the idea of him alone with Slava. Even if Slava wasn't a sorcerer, he's a head taller than River and could easily overpower my son. It's all I can do not to rush after them. I remove Arman's messy bib and lift him out of his booster chair. He's yawning and rests his head on my shoulder.

"Don't worry, Fox. I'm keeping an eye on them," Walter whispers as we head for the entertainment room. The kids all stay at the table talking and eating pie.

Arman has fallen asleep by the time we get to the entertainment room. I lay his tiny body on the couch and place a throw over him then sit beside him. Walter pours me a cognac and a scotch for himself then squeezes down beside me.

"What are they doing?" I ask while combing my fingers through Arman's silky locks as he sucks his thumb in his sleep.

"River's showing him his paintings...." Walter frowns. "And standing really close, but Slava keeps backing away. Slava's asking River what he's doing?"

I'm leaning closer to Walter as if I'd be able to pick up what they were saying.

"Shit! Slava must have sense my presence, he's blocking me out!" Walter growls.

"Watch Mani!" I leap to my feet and use my powers to become invisible. I don't bother going out the door, it is more of a direct path to go through the walls. I'm in River's studio in a matter of minutes. Neither man can see nor sense me.

"I don't understand, River." Slava looks completely bewildered.

"Tsar Nikolai, I asked you to marry me. Is that really so hard to understand?"

My breath hitches as River slowly advances on Slava and the Tsar keeps retreating, keeping a distance between them. I am too stunned to move. River wants Slava for his husband...what the fuck?

"As a matter of fact it is." Slava moves further away from him. "You know how I've treated Fox and Alexei. Why would you want someone who has hurt your Fathers to such an extent?"

I can see the erection swelling the front of Slava's pants and wonder at the effort it must be for the large man to keep his distance from River.

"I know what you've done to my Dads and I hate you for it. I know you were interested in Sasha when you first started bringing Dad Fox's daughters here--"

"I'm no longer interested in Sasha--"

"I know. It's one of the reasons I know you've changed. That and how you treat your daughters and Nicky. My birth parents were from Russia. I think it would be only fair that I chose a mate from their homeland. What's your answer, Tsar Nikolai?"

Slava stops moving away from him. "River, I've wanted you for years. I do want to marry you, but I've been determined to make peace with your Fathers for the sake of my son and daughters. Your Fathers will never agree to me marrying you, not after everything I've done."

"I'm twenty-two, if I choose to marry you then they'll have to accept it. In a year my womb will have developed and I'll be having compulsions for a baby. I need a powerful sorcerer to give me one and to protect me. I've chosen you. Of course, I've had my Dad's lawyer draw up a pre-nuptial agreement. Once I'm pregnant I will be coming back here to stay with my Dads until the baby is born. No way am I living with you during that time." River states everything a matter of fact.

"You've thought this out," Slava smiles. "What else is in the pre-nuptial agreement?"

"Certain conditions. If you ever touch or harm any of my Dads or siblings our marriage will be annulled. We will go our separate ways and I'll retain sole parental rights to any children we may have."

"So you don't really trust me?"

"No. I believe you've changed, but I don't want to take any chance that you'll slip back to your old ways."

"This isn't about love is it, River?" Slava approaches River and looks down at the immortal.

"No. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to love you, Tsar Nikolai. This is about my Fathers' Kingdom and your Kingdom being joined together through our marriage. Our two countries need each other. This is also about protecting my Dads and immortal brothers from you."

"A political marriage, River? I'm sure your Fathers would never agree to you exchanging yourself for an alliance."

"They don't have to know all my reasons for marrying you."

Slava reaches behind River's head and unfastens the clip holding his hair in a ponytail. "You're so damned beautiful. So much like Alexei, but softer...gentler. You're still a virgin aren't you?"

River takes a step back. "Yes," he says softly.

"Maybe we should do something about that--"

River swallows nervously as he backs away. "On our wedding night, Tsar Nikolai, and not before. I have that included in the pre-nuptial agreement, too. If you force me before hand, the wedding is off."

Slava throws back he head and laughs. I can see his massive erection tenting his pants and fear that I will have to rescue River.

"Moi Dear, I commend you, you've thought of everything. I will honor all of your wishes and dream about our wedding night then." Slava takes his hand and bends down and kisses it.

I want to shake River and ask him what the hell he's doing. However, I can't let him know I've been spying on him.

"Shall we go join your Fathers and give them the good news?"

"NO! We can't tell them yet. I want to talk to my Dad Fox alone first. I need to break this to him gently. Dads Alex, Walter, and he are going to be terribly hurt by my decision."

"Fine, but don't wait too long. I want to announce our pending nuptials to my people." Slava kisses River chastely on the cheek. "Come, let's rejoin your Fathers before I lose what little control I have left."

Once they head out the door, I turn and flee back through the walls, arriving back in the entertainment room ahead of them. Walter has moved over and is sitting next to Arman with his hand resting on our son's back. He scrutinizes me as I sit beside him and pick up my cognac.

"That bad?" he asks.

"I'll tell you later. They're on their way to join us."

River walks through the doorway first followed by Slava. "Would you like a cognac, Tsar Nikolai?" he offers, walking over to the wet bar.

"That would be lovely, River." Slava takes a seat across from us on the loveseat. "Nice tree," he says, looking across the room at our Christmas tree.

River hands him the glass. Instead of sitting beside Slava, he takes a seat in one of the wingback chairs nearest the fireplace. I don't miss the frown that briefly crosses Slava's lips. He's already thinking of River as his.

"How long will you and the girls be staying, Nikolai?" I ask.

"A couple of weeks. Our daughters have been longing to see their sisters again, and with Hope and Faith getting married this June, I'm sure they have a lot to discuss."

"Like who will have the largest wedding cake, and whose gown will be the loveliest," I quip. I'm trying to keep calm and not let on that I know about my son's marriage proposal.

Slava takes a sip of his cognac and smiles contently. "My tailors are already working on the gowns for our daughters, Fox. Thousands of tiny pearls and diamonds have to be hand sewn onto each dress."

Walter smiles. "Hope and Faith both insisted on simple wedding dresses."

I snicker. "Yeah right, Walter. Did you see the length of the trains on their simple dresses?" I turn back to Slava. "I hope you'll be able to spend some quality time with Nicky until Walter and I get back."

"You're leaving?" Slava's eyes light up.

I can tell he's just drooling for some private time with River. "Yes. We're going to Area 51 on Monday to see the new fleet of fighter spaceships. I'm surprised River didn't mention it. He, Sasha, Gawain, and Arman are accompanying us."

Slava's handsome face sinks. "That's unfortunate. I was hoping to talk River into painting our daughters' portraits, while they're all still together."

River chimes in. "We're only going to be gone 'til Wednesday. I can start on it tomorrow and spend the rest of my time working on it when we get back."

"I guess I'll have to be happy with that." Slava stands and takes our son's glass. "May I refresh your drink, River?" He doesn't wait for an answer as he strolls over to the wet bar and refills their glasses. His fingers linger on the back of our son's hand as he hands River his glass back. "I hope you get a chance to spend some quiet time talking with your Fathers while you're away."

"I'm sure we'll have plenty of time to talk."

Arman wakes up and crawls up on Walter's lap, rubbing his eyes.

"Hey, champ, you're awake." He brushes the damp bangs from Arman's eyes as our son rests his head on his Dad's muscular chest. I enjoy watching these moments between them. Walter is always so tender with our children.

"I thirsty."

A cup of water appears in Walter's hand and he places the rim against Arman's lips. Arman takes a few sips then turns his head to look around the room.

"Is he always so quiet?" Slava asks.

River laughs. "No. Usually he's terrorizing his brothers and sisters. Last week he discovered that honey sticks things together really good and decided to use it on Sasha's DVD collection. Before anyone discovered what he was doing he had one hundred DVDs out of their cases and stacked in a sticky mess. Since Sasha was supposed to be watching him at the time, he had no one but himself to blame. I've been keeping my studio door locked since Arman decided to try his hand at finger painting with my oils a few weeks back."

Arman gives River a dazzling smile. "Wiver, I paint good."

River smiles back. "You paint very good, Mani. Especially the walls, the floor, and yourself."

Slava chuckles. "You'll make a good father, River."

River blushes as he looks over at Slava. "I hope I have half the patience my Dads have."

Our conversation ends when the rest of our children and teenagers start flowing into the entertainment room. I don't miss the angry looks my sons shoot Slava. Even Nicky seems to be upset with his father. I should never have told Sasha about what happened between Slava and me. It was unfair of me to involve him in our conflict. I reach over and grab Walter's hand, seeking solace in his presence.

Arman climbs off Walter's lap and runs over to play with the triplets. Time passes slowly. I keep looking up at the mantle clock, hoping the evening would end soon. I want to tell Walter about our son's marriage plans. Maybe if we put our heads together we'll think of a way to talk River out of it.


I quietly close the door to the nursery. "He's out like a light."

"The triplets and twins are sound asleep, too," Walter says. He's wearing his robe. He must have had time to lose the suit. I've only had time to shed my suit coat. The inside lining of my undershirt is damp. I'm sure I must smell like sour milk.

I walk over to my closet and toe off my shoes then shimmy out of my tight dress pants, hanging them up. Then I strip off the linen shirt and toss it in the dry cleaners bag. Our servants will come and collect everything on Monday. Walter comes into the closet as I'm standing looking at my image in the mirror. I'm still wearing my socks, undershirt, and thong. Okay, I'll admit that I love the feel of the string in the cleft of my ass and the way the pouch cradles my balls and penis. They're so much sexier than the boxers I used to wear.

I watch Walter in the mirror as he drops his robe. His erection is purple and bobbing against his belly as he walks toward me. His full sacks hang heavy between his thighs. He pulls me back against his broad chest and nibbles on my neck, all the while sniffing me. One hand encircles my chest as the other pulls the string of the thong out of the way. Walter toes my feet apart as I feel my anus become moist as lube magically coats it. My ass cheeks are spread wide by the sheer size of Walter's cockhead. His heart is pounding wildly against my back as he pushes up inside of me. I melt against him. How many times have I driven him to lose control over the years? Too, many. I allow him to hold me as he drives his organ deep inside me. My stomach flutters with excitement as he fills me. My sphincter bears down on his hard shaft.

Walter's fingers undo the snaps on my undershirt exposing my swollen nipples. He plays with them until they are leaking and as hard as my cock--my thong is no longer able to contain it. I have a certain amount of vanity knowing that I'm longer than Walter and Alex, but Walter has both Alex and I beat in girth. Walter pulls out suddenly and I groan at the unexpected emptiness.

He has my undershirt and thong off in a matter of seconds. Then he lifts me so I'm sitting on the low dresser in my closet.

"You know what you do to me, Fox?" He's looking into my eyes as his thumbs rub my nipples, then his head dips down and he starts suckling my tit.

"B-Bear, I'm taking pills to dry up my milk...it won't be very affective if you keep--"

Walter lifts his head and places a finger against my lips. "Shh, babe. The longer you lactate, the longer your protective powers remain intact. Don't you want that, Fox? Once your milk dries up you won't be able to vanish or walk through solid objects."

I sigh and caress his bald head as he continues to feed. "I really would prefer not having leaky nipples," I say wistfully, arching up as his tongue swirls around my tit. At times like this my Walter is all consuming and I feel lucky to have him for a lover.

I think about the relationship the three of us have and decide we are the perfect threesome. Walter is the ultimate top. He likes being in control and is very generous at satisfying our needs. Alex loves topping and bottoming equally. He's spontaneous and selfless. I prefer being a bottom. It's not that I don't enjoy fucking my lovers, I do, but most of the time I find it a relief to give up control to them.

Walter positions my legs so my feet are on the top of the dresser and thighs are spread wide apart. My ass hangs off the edge at the perfect height for him. He reenters me with one smooth thrust. Walter's hands grip my knees spreading me open for his pleasure. I close my eyes and lean back against the wall. My one hand braces on the dresser and the other strokes my erection. I contract my anal muscles and get the desired groan. I'm so close. My hand moves faster over my shaft as Walter drills into me. Each thrust slaps his heavy sacks against my buttocks. The sound seems to echo through my closet.

Stooping, Walter kisses me. He never once stops fucking me as his tongue claims my mouth. I turn my head and cry out as I come. My milky semen splatters my belly and chest. I lay limp and sated as Walter continues to drive his hot shaft into me. My legs are beginning to cramp, so I clench my anal muscles hoping to drive him to completion quickly. It does the trick as Walter slams into me one final time and screams his release.

We're both panting heavily as Walter pulls out of me.

"I need a shower." I lower my feet to the floor and slide off the come-smeared dresser. My legs feel like rubber as I lean against Walter for support.

"C'mon, Fox, I'll wash your back and you can tell me all about what's going on with River."

I bend down and pull my socks off, then hold Walter's hand as we walk through the bedroom and up the steps to the bathroom.

"Fox, talk to me," Walter says as he turns on the shower.

"Promise me you'll keep your cool first."

"It must be pretty bad."

"It is."

"Okay. I promise I won't get mad." He takes my hand and pulls me into the shower.

"Walter, River proposed to Slava."

"Proposed what?" Walter gives me a baffled expression as he squirts shower gel onto the puff.

"He asked Slava to marry him! Our son wants to marry that sadistic bastard!" I growl.

"Calm down, Fox. River is not a child any longer. He must have some reason for asking Slava to marry him. It's not like he couldn't have anyone on this planet he sets his eyes on. Maybe he's fallen in love with him."

"He doing it to protect his brothers, Alex, and me. River also wants to cement an alliance between our two countries."

"Hmm...." Walter slowly washes my back. I wait for him to say more, but he continues to remain quiet.

"What?"

"It's just that I thought River was only interested in his art. I never imagined that he'd selflessly consent to marry Slava for the benefit of our two countries."

I turn around and glare at my lover. "You don't object?"

"No. We'll need to have our lawyers draw up a pre-nuptial agreement to protect River, but I think an alliance between Russia and New America would benefit Earth." Walter places the puff down and takes me in his arms. "Fox, don't forget we're still under a threat from the Seraphim. We need to form a united front against them. Slava commands the second most powerful army on this planet."

"But does an alliance have to be at the expense of our son?"

"It's River choice, babe, I would never force him to marry Slava. I would never force any of our immortal sons into an arranged marriage against their will."

"But you wouldn't try to stop them, even knowing they're making a monstrous mistake?"

"Dammit, Fox! River's twenty-two! You have to give him more credit that he knows what he's doing."

I stiffen at his scolding. "Walter, our son is going to marry the man who raped me. How can I live with that?" I turn to step out of the shower, but Walter grabs me before I can leave and holds me tight.

"God, Fox, I'm sorry. I didn't even think about how this would be affecting you."

I close my eyes and rest my head on Walter's shoulder. The pounding of the water over our bodies quiets my nerves. My arms encircle Walter's back as I press up against him and speak softly. "It's my fault. I really haven't shown much emotion over having Slava in our home. I've tried to hide my animosity for the sake of our children. Walter, I can never forgive what he did to Alex, much less what he's done to me. If we cannot talk River out of this, I don't know what I'll do."

"Let's not worry about it just yet. As long as they don't make a public announcement we might be able to talk River out of marrying him." Walter turns off the water and grabs a towel keeping one arm wrapped around my waist the whole time--letting go just long enough to dry me with the towel.

"At least River is coming with us on Monday. I don't have to worry about him being here alone with Slava," I say as we walk down the steps to our bed. Walter pauses and fixes the blankets around Alex. "You haven't painted his nails yet. You're slipping, Fox."

"I'll get to it. I still have three weeks before he wakes up. I plan to have Yori come over to wax off all of his body hair, then give Alex a perm. I just need to find a white lace teddy with a matching panties in his size."

Walter chuckles. "If you do all that to him, he's going to kill you when he wakes up."

I grin. "Hey, he started it. I'm only escalating it." I slip under the covers next to Alex and caress my young lover's smooth skin. Walter climbs in on my other side and molds his larger frame around my body.

Walter kisses the back of my neck. "Just remember, babe, in four years you'll be laying there defenseless against whatever Alex has planned."

I caress Walter's forearm where it rests against my belly. "Sergei should be married to Kat by then. I just might impose on them to hide me during those three weeks."

"They better hide you really good. If you dress Alex in a white teddy he'll be planning his revenge for the next four years."

"I'll make it up to Alex," I murmur tiredly. Closing my eyes I fall into a restless sleep.


Chapter 4 - The Thirteen Patriots

Crystal Palace
Monday, November 27, 2017

Nicky's POV

"No! You can't see him, Father!" I stand my ground alongside my brother Sergei as we bar the double doors to our Dad Alex's bedroom.

"I just want to see how he's doing, Nicolas. You can't think I mean him any harm?" My Father Nikolai says softly.

"Father, you shouldn't even be in our apartment while my other dads are away—" It scares me to stand up to him. I look into his piercing black eyes and handsome face for any sign of how mad he is at us. He appears more bemused than angry.

Sergei steps between us. "Look, Tsar Nikolai, I don't want to call our palace's security team. Why don't you just go back downstairs to your apartment?"

"You boys are very brave. If I wanted, I could have rendered you unconscious." He winks at me. "Very well, boys, I'll go back downstairs. Join me later, Nicolas. I think we should talk about what happened between Fox and me."

I frown, it was a command not a request. "Okay, Father...I want to hear what you have to say for yourself." I spent all weekend upset at the thought of my biological father raping my Dad Fox. I wonder if that was why Dad Alex left him.

"Be downstairs promptly at seven o'clock—we'll dine together."

Sergei and I watch as he turns and heads off down the hallway.

"I'm going to check on dad." I turn and open the bedroom door. My sister Summer is sitting, reading a book in front of the fireplace with her feet tucked under her, on the loveseat. Her honey blond hair falls in waves around her face. Sometimes I envy her being Dad Fox's biological daughter. "Hey, Sis."

"Hey, Nicky. Did you get rid of your father?"

"Yeah. I'm having dinner with him tonight." I sit on the bed and stare at my dad's tranquil face. God, he's so beautiful. It's hard to explain how much I feel a part of him. I love all of my dads, even Nikolai, but the love I have for Dad Alex is so much more consuming. I know Summer would understand.

"Nicky, why did he want to see Dad?"

"I think he still feels something for him." I look at her and grin. "Dad tends to avoid him like a plague when he's awake. I'm sure Father Nikolai just wanted to look at him undisturbed."

"Could be, but I don't like him being here when Dad Walter is away. Nicky, maybe you should talk to General Kline. He can assign a few security guards to our floor until our dads get back."

"I'd rather not, Summer. I don't want strangers on our floor." The last thing I want is to worry about all my sisters' safety. I wish I were older and stronger, so I could protect them better.

"It's just a suggestion. You, Sergei, and Kaylie can't protect us all—"

"We're not. General Kline is keeping an eye on us. If we run into trouble he'll send some guards to back us up. Sis, I'm going to the kitchen for something to eat. Do you want me to bring you back anything?"

"No."

I lean down and kiss Dad Alex's silky smooth cheek. Now that he's pregnant his body hair is growing very slowly. It is another thing he hates about being pregnant. I stand and leave the bedroom.


Area 51
Monday, November 27, 2017

Major James Conan's POV

He's here. I hold my breath in awe as I gaze across the concourse at him. He's even more beautiful than I've imagined. The photographs I've collected over the years hardly do him justice. I couldn't believe our luck when we heard he was accompanying the King. Our only disappointment is that Prince Alex isn't with them. My gaze wanders from his heavenly face to the cute little boy he's holding. Arman...their youngest son. My eyes travel next to King Walter. The aura of sheer power radiates off him like a living entity. Subduing our King will be the most dangerous part of our mission and the most regrettable.

My compatriots and I have nothing but the utmost respect for our King and everything he's accomplished since taking the throne. Our actions will hurt him, but we act in the best interests of our country. In time, he will understand.

I turn my scrutiny to the other three members of the Royal Family. The King and his two mates have tried to shield their children from the public eye, but candid photographs have gotten out. Even so, I'd recognize River, Hunter, and Gawain without having seen their photos. Hunter and River are currently the same height with Hunter still growing. They're three inches shorter than Prince Fox. River is staying close to King Walter as his inquisitive sapphire eyes scan those around him. I can tell he's nervous.

"He's still a virgin," Garth whispers excitedly as he notices me admiring Prince River.

"And he'll stay that way," I hiss under my breath. As long as I'm the leader of the Thirteen Patriots no harm will come to any of the King's sons.

Garth shrugs his shoulders. "Hey, you're the boss."

The Generals have the full honor guard out for the Royal visit. One of our members is part of the guard. The others hold key positions around the base. From chief medical officer to head mechanic. It is only a matter of hours now 'til four years worth of planning comes to fruition. We were planning to act in the Spring during the Princess's wedding. However, acting now on our own home turf will be less risky. Even if it means we won't have access to Prince Alex, too.

The Royal Family are making their way down the reception line. They are almost to me. I listen as King Walter and Prince Fox spend time talking to each man. I'm slightly amazed that Prince Fox seems to know something about several of the pilots. Then it occurs to me that his daughter is marrying Captain Steve Nash. Of course, the Prince would have used his FBI credentials to check on everyone who works with Nash. I wonder if he knows anything about me? I will soon find out as the King moves to shake my hand.

"Major Conan, it's a pleasure to see you again. General Foss informs me that you will be taking my family and me on a brief flight on board the latest spacecraft," King Walter says.

The King has a firm handshake and he's powerfully built. "Yes, Your Majesty. We thought your sons would enjoy the thrill of flying around the moon and back."

"I'm sure our sons will enjoy it, Major," Prince Fox says, extending his hand.

"Yeah, cool! I can't wait, Dad," Gawain says. He's standing close to Prince Fox. His brother Hunter is several feet behind, staring flirtatiously at all of the men.

I shake the Prince's hand while looking dumbly into the swirling orbs of colors. God, he smells so good...I have an urge to rut against him like a horny dog. I suddenly can't even remember my own name. "A-ah...it's a pleasure meeting you, Prince Fox."

The Prince smiles warmly as Arman rests his head tiredly on his shoulder. He kisses the top of the boy's head before continuing our conversation. "The pleasure is mine, Major Conan. Our oldest son Sergei has a poster of you next to the StarQuest 9000 hanging in his bedroom. You're something of a hero to him. He wants to attend the space academy once he graduates high school."

I grow harder watching his full lips move, barely hearing a word he's saying. I wonder how his bodyguards can stand being close to him, knowing they can never touch him. "I'm very flattered, Your Highness...."

The little boy starts crying suddenly and the Prince attempts to quiet him. "Mani, sh...what's wrong?"

"Daddy, I want to go home! Bad men here!"

"Oh, baby, no one can hurt us—not with Daddy Walter here protecting us." The little boy clings to him.

The deep love the Prince has for his son is heartwarming to watch. I wonder if my mother loved me as deeply. When the alien virus killed her I was only nine. She was my only family. Watching the Prince and his son, I almost regret the actions we will be forced to take in a few hours.

"Is something wrong, Fox?" The King places his hand on their son's back as he looks into the Prince's eyes.

"No. It's been a long trip...he's just tired."

King Walter turns to our base commander. "General Foss, my family would like to rest for a few hours before continuing the tour. Can you have someone show us to our quarters?"

"Yes, Your Majesty. Captain Kroner, show our King and his family to the guest quarters."

"Yes, sir!" The captain salutes and turns to the King. "This way, Your Majesty."

They start following, but Prince Fox pauses turning back. "Sa-Hunter, are you coming?"

"Dad, can I stay and look around?"

"No. This isn't Martha's Vineyard, I'd prefer you to stay close by my side."

"But I'm with my bodyguards...."

A stern look from the Prince stops the boy's protests. I marvel at the strength I see on that beautiful face. Legends from the time before the virus spoke of Fox Mulder's bravery and intelligence. It's interesting to see some proof that the legends were based on fact. Not that it will make a difference to our plans. Prince Fox is an immortal and will be used appropriately. It might be high time for the pretty immortals to learn to accept their place in our society's social order.


River's POV

The guest quarters we're shown to consist of two bedrooms with attached bathrooms and a center living room. The living room has a wet bar and a worn leather sofa. Dad Fox carries Arman into one of the bedrooms, laying him in the middle of the large king-size bed. Our luggage is already in the bedrooms. The bedroom my brothers and I are sleeping in has two queen-size beds. I lift my bag and place it on the tacky bedspread and start unpacking while Gawain hops on the other bed.

"Isn't this place cool, River?"

I glance over at him and smile. "Yeah, it's pretty cool." I don't let him see my nervousness. Being in the presence of all those strange men and seeing the lust in their eyes has me regretting my decision to accompany my fathers. It also makes my decision to marry Tsar Nikolai all the more meaningful. He's one of the few men I know who'll be able to protect me. I place my underwear and socks in the top dresser drawer as Sasha enters the bedroom and throws himself on the bed next to Gawain. "This trip sucks."

"But, Hunter, we get to go for a ride on a real spaceship later. That is going to be so neat!" Gawain is bubbling with enthusiasm. Hunter only rolls his eyes.

"Boys, there's a fruit basket in the living room, if you're hungry," Dad Walter says from the doorway.

"I'm hungry," Gawain says, scrambling off the bed.

I close my suitcase and look at Dad Walter. "Is Dad Fox free? I'd like to have a private chat with him," I say, setting my empty suitcase in the closet.

"He's in the other bedroom with Mani. You can go in and talk with him now, Mani's asleep."

"Thanks, Dad." I'm relieved. I've wanted to talk to him since I proposed to Tsar Nikolai.

I walk into the other bedroom and gently close the door. Dad Fox is lying on his side on the bed with Arman sleeping in his arms. I smile, remembering the times when I was a little boy and couldn't sleep. Dad Alex would spend the whole night in my bed, holding me in his arms. When Dad Alex was with Tsar Nikolai those awful months, Dad Walter and Dad Fox would take turns sleeping with me, until I finally accepted that Dad Alex wasn't coming back to me. I had thought he'd stopped loving me, but I was so wrong...I shake myself and clear my throat.

"Dad, can I talk to you?"

"Hmm...sure, River." He eases himself away from Arman and covers him with a blanket.

"How is he?" I ask.

"He's upset. He thinks there are bad men here that are going to hurt me. I don't know what to make of it." My dad sighs and walks over to the small table. He sits in one of the chairs then motions for me to take the other.

I sit across from him. "Dad, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. Kids have a way of letting their imaginations get the better of them."

"My instincts tell me differently. I'm thinking about asking Walter to cut our trip short."

"Dad, I know how much this trip means to you. Maybe I should take Mani and Gawain back home, then you, Dad Walter, and Hunter can stay." I know my dads would never agree to have Hunter out of their sights.

"No. We'll go home together tomorrow morning...I'm sure Walter will understand. I'd insist we leave now, but Gawain is looking forward to the spaceship ride this afternoon and I don't want to disappoint him." Dad looks down at his hands then back up at me. "Now what did you want to talk about?"

I reach across the table and take a hold of his hand. "Dad, now that I've changed, I need to look out for what's best for me. I'm not brave like you and Dad Alex...I need someone who can protect and take care of me. Other than Dad Walter there's only one sorcerer on this planet who I know I'll feel secure with." I squeeze his hand not looking away from his face. I see the pain already in his eyes, which makes me wonder. "Dad, you know I love you and would never do anything to hurt you. I-ah-I...asked Nikolai Slava to marry me."

Dad looks down at our hands and sighs, "River, if you think he can provide you with security—you're wrong! He'll take any security you now have and make you wish you'd never married him! Choose a sorcerer from New America. You both can live at the Crystal Palace. Walter and the palace guards will protect you."

"Dad, I believe Tsar Nikolai has changed. I wouldn't be willing to marry him if I thought he was still the same man who raped you and Dad Alex. You might not understand this, but I feel a pull toward Russia. I can feel her calling to me through my blood. I want to paint and experience what my ancestors felt living there."

"But, River, is it worth your freedom?"

"I'm an artist, Dad, ...sometimes we need to suffer for our art."

He pulls his hand away and stands. I think he's going to leave. Instead he kneels beside my chair and wraps his arms around me and I fall into his embrace, resting my head on his shoulder.

"River, you'll always be my son. I don't know how, but I will find a way to support your decision to marry Slava. If at anytime you realize you've made a mistake, I'll be here for you."

All my bent up emotions and anxieties breaking free and I end up sobbing against his shoulder. "Dad, I'm so afraid."

"Afraid of what?" He rubs gentle circles on my back.

"I'm afraid of having anal sex—" No matter how many times I gotten off watching porn over the last few years, I still have a deep dread of being penetrated.

"Oh, River." He kisses the side of my face and hugs me tighter. "I can't tell you it's not going to hurt at first. Slava is a well-endowed man. I can promise you that there is so much pleasure and love in the act that the momentary pain is meaningless by comparison."

His mere presence is already making me feel better. I pull back and smile at him. Dad Fox is the most compassionate and selfless person I know. I'm still afraid, but I think I'll be able to deal with it—maybe. "Thanks, Dad. For being here for me."

He wipes the tears from my cheeks with his thumbs. "Why don't you go into the bathroom and get cleaned up, then we'll join Walter and your brothers in the living room."


Later that afternoon

Major James Conan's POV

There is only enough room on the spaceship for my five-man crew and the Royal family. Four members of my crew are part of the Thirteen Patriots. It's a shame we'll have to eliminate Lieutenant Black, but we cannot chance him ruining our plans. The good of our country is at stake, and nothing else matters.

I personally show the King and his family around the ship. I watch the intimate way King Walter is resting his hand possessively on the Prince's ass. Guilt about our coming actions against his family makes my heart ache. "This is the crew's quarters. It's equipped with six bunks."

"Not much privacy," Prince Fox comments, looking around the small room. "What do you do if two of the crew are lovers?"

"That does happen quite a bit. Since we all don't sleep at the same time, we usually work out a schedule to accommodate couples."

I take them down the hall into the galley. "The galley is stocked with freeze-dried food and has a water recycling and purification system. We have enough provisions to allow us to survive three months in space." They spend some time looking around.

"What do you do for entertainment?" Prince Hunter asks as we move back out into the corridor.

"We have a HDVD library with books and movies, plus several computer games. Would you like to see the laser turrets?"

"I would!" Prince Gawain's face lights up with a broad smile.

I smile back at the pretty boy and stop next to a ladder that goes up through a hole in the ceiling and down through a hole in the floor. "We have two laser canons. The turrets are only large enough for one man. You may go up and take a look, Prince Gawain. Just don't press the red button," I joke. There is no red button. Only Sorcerers can operate the canons with their powers.

"The ship is impressive, Major," King Walter says as we wait for his son to come back down.

"Thank you." I look down at the little boy clinging to Prince Fox's leg. "King Walter, your son seems very attached to his mother."

The King shoots an angry look at me. "You mean his father, don't you, Major?"

"No, Your Majesty. You're Prince Arman's father. Prince Fox is his mother. He gave birth to him didn't he?"

King Walter shakes his head while Prince Fox remains quiet. Prince River and Prince Hunter are listening intently to our conversation.

"The term mother tends to denote a female. Fox is not a female—" the King says.

I interrupt stating bluntly, "He's a hermaphrodite, which makes him part female." I know I'm right and the King is wrong, but I decide to cut him some slack. "It doesn't rule out Prince Fox being the father to the children that Prince Alex gave birth to."

"Major, it doesn't matter how you view me. In my children's eyes I am their father as much as King Walter and Prince Alex is their father. I'm not going to suddenly have them calling me mom, mother, or mommy just because it fits into your small-minded view of immortals!" Prince Fox glares at me. "Now can we get this ship off the ground?"

I smile tersely. "Of course, Your Highness, I didn't mean to offend you. Let's get you and your family strapped in for the flight." I'm now looking forward to putting the uppity immortal in his place. He might be our King's husband and our Prince, but he's not a sorcerer and his main purpose in life, besides looking pretty, is to provide our country with healthy children.

I show them to their seats in the lounge. It has been specially equipped for our passengers. "We have cameras mounted below the ship's nose and on top of the gun turrets. You'll be able to see the live video feed projected on these monitors."

Prince Fox helps to buckle Prince Gawain in, while Prince Hunter and Prince River take care of themselves.

"Are you excited?" Prince Fox asks, smoothing his fingers through Gawain's blonde hair.

"Yes, Dad! Do you think we'll be able to see the moon up close?"

"Yes. You can tell Sergei and Nicky all about it when we get home."

"C'mon, Fox, it's your turn to get buckled in." King Walter hugs Prince Fox briefly. The Prince sits with little Arman in his arms as the King buckles them into the chair. He's careful to get the safety belts around both his lover and their child. The King then takes the seat next to them.

"I will be on the bridge, Lieutenant Garth will assist you if you need anything." I meet Garth's eyes as I pass him. He's buckling himself into the remaining seat. He knows what to do. It's only a matter of minutes now. The rest of our team should already be at our secret base in Northern Minnesota, getting it ready for our guests.


River's POV

I glance over at my Dad Fox as I feel the powerful engines of the spacecraft roar to life. His arms are around Arman's small body, holding him protectively against his chest. My youngest brother is crying again. He must be scared of all the strangers we've seen since coming here. I know I am.

I don't like Major Conan. His comments to my dads pissed me off. How dare he speak to Dad Fox that way! If I were a sorcerer, I'd have made him pay dearly. I'm glad Sergei wasn't here to hear him. It would have crushed Sergei's heart to see one of his heroes behaving in such a manner toward our dad.

The monitor is showing the bright fire as the spaceship breaks through the exosphere. I'm suddenly feeling tired. I can barely keep my eyes open. I hear Dad Fox's slurred voice.

"W-Walter, s-something's wrong!"

I turn my head with great difficulty to look at Dad Walter. He's struggling weakly with the safety belt... His panicked face is the last image I see as the world fades to gray.


Major James Conan's POV

We set the spaceship down inside a deep pit on the north shore of Lake Superior. The walls of the pit are laden heavy in ore. It will help shield us from detection. The pit resides beside an abandoned taconite mine. The mine has been unused for decades. Northern Minnesota has been deserted for nearly two decades. There is not a living soul around for over a hundred of miles.

"Major, what do you want us to do with Lieutenant Black?"

I look down regrettably at the dead Lieutenant's body. "Teleport him into Lake Superior." I turn and stroll off the bridge and into the lounge.

Garth is putting the power control cuff around our slumbering King's ankle. The other members of the Royal family are soundly asleep, too. I unbuckle the safety belt that is keeping Prince Fox in his seat. Then I lift Prince Arman into my arms and cuddle him. Children this young are a rarity. Cloning was stopped three years ago, due to the sudden deaths of clones nearing puberty. The only other means of procreating our species, outside of the immortals and cloning, is using the ovum that was stolen from hundreds of female abductees before the failed invasion. The ovum is in limited supply and is only approved for use by the fittest. My patriots were able to get their hands on a supply for our purposes.

The other members of my crew step into the lounge.

Corporal Nelson looks down at Prince Fox. "We're really going to have sex with him?" he asks, licking his lips.

In order to procreate female offspring in test tubes with an immortal, a sorcerer must be made genetically compatible. It requires a chemical reaction between the immortal and the sorcerer that can only be obtain through anal intercourse. Other methods have been tried and failed. "Yes. You'll be allowed to fuck him once. You'll not be allowed to touch any other part of his body. He still belongs to our King."

I turn to face my crew. "I want King Walter teleported to the security cell, his sons to the special guest cell, and Prince Fox to the medical lab. Doctor Blair is standing by to see that the Prince doesn't regain consciousness until his milk dries up." I keep Prince Arman as my men take care of teleporting our captives to the mine below. I carry the small child into the crew's quarters and lay him on the bed while I pull on my heavy parka. The outside temperature is minus ten degrees Fahrenheit. I pick up the boy and zip him inside my parka. For some reason I don't want to chance him being teleported into the abandoned mine. His brothers, being immortals, will survive any mishaps.

The rest of my crew comes into the quarters for their parkas.

"You're not teleporting him?" Garth asks.

"No. I'll give him to our King once we're down below." I have to admit that I love the way the child smells and feels so warm against my chest. What I wouldn't give to have a little one of my own...I grin at the thought. If all goes as planned in less than six months I'll have fifty little ones. Not that I expect to be alive to enjoy watching them grow up.


Nicky's POV

I've never been so upset in my life as I listen to General Kline. I reach over and grab my sister Summer's hand as he continues to give us the bad news. My brother Sergei and sisters Hope, Faith, Kaylie, Angelique, and Aleksandra are with us. Our five younger sisters are in bed for the night. No point in getting them upset just yet.

"I'm sorry, kids, but we're doing everything we can to find your fathers and brothers," General Kline says.

"General, I'd like to be part of the search effort," Sergei says.

"Prince Sergei, you're the head of your family until Prince Alex wakes up. You're needed here along with your other brother and sisters. Believe me we'll do everything in our power to find your family."

My Father Nikolai rushes into the room, he's more upset than I've ever seen him. "General Kline, I just heard the news! I want to help...my military is at your disposal. We must find them!"

"Tsar Nikolai, I appreciate your offer."

"General, do you think the Seraphim could have gotten to them?"

It is something that I didn't even consider. If the Seraphim have them then we might never see them again. I turn anxiously to the General as he answers my father.

"No, we believe it was an inside job. Besides the six-man crew onboard the spacecraft, eight military officers from Area 51 have also disappeared from the base. We believe they acted as one to abduct the Royal family. Their purpose for doing so is still unclear." The General stands and walks over to the window. It is pitch-black outside. "We're utilizing our best clairvoyants from across the country to search for them. If they're still on this continent, we'll find them!"

"If they're not?" my father asks.

"Tsar Nikolai, if you want to help then deploy your clairvoyants to search Asia and Europe. If we don't find them on either of our continents then we'll join forces to search the rest of the world."

"It's a deal, General. I'll contact you if we find anything." My father turns to leave, but stops suddenly. "Nicolas, take care of your Father Alexei. He might be in danger, too."

I swallow heavily. It didn't even occur to me. "Yes, Father."


River's POV

I kiss the top of Gawain's sleeping head as I hold him close to my body. We're sharing one small cot. He cried himself to sleep again. I can't remember Gawain ever crying, even as an infant he was always happy. He's used to living in luxury, my brother never experienced anything like this in his short life and is scared to death. I, on the other hand, can still remember the poverty and abuse before Prince Fox found me. Hunter is pretending that it isn't bothering him. I can tell he's as disturbed as Gawain.

We're in a small room. It appears to be more of a cellar or a cave. It is dank and slightly damp. The walls are rough-hewed rock, and the floor is dirt and stone. Soft fur rugs cover the hard floor. The room has four cots with down blankets and pillows, and a small table with four chairs. On the table is a pitcher of water with four mugs. The water is always fresh and refills as often as we empty it. Against one wall is a washbasin. At the far side of the small room, behind a screen, is a one-foot hole in the ground. It is obviously meant to be used as the toilet, at least that's what we've been using it as. A coal burning fireplace is carved out of one stonewall, providing us with plenty of warmth.

We've been here over two days and haven't seen our captors. Food magically appears on the table for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Then the dirty plates will disappear as soon as we are done eating. I don't know what has become of our dads and little Arman.

"River, do you think they killed our dads?" Hunter asks from the cot next to ours.

"Hunter, I don't know. Just remember they can't kill Dad Fox, he's an immortal."

"What about Dad Walter and Mani?"

I don't know how to answer him. I'm afraid they might have killed Dad Walter. I don't want to think that anyone would be so evil as to kill a defenseless three-year-old boy, too.

"Hunter, all we can do is pray that they're both all right. Now, try to get some sleep."


Major James Conan's POV

Hundreds of candles light the cavern, scenting the air with the smell of wax and smoke. The Prince's nude body is laid out on a fur-covered altar. The candlelight dances gracefully along the curves of his body as Doctor Blair injects another sedative into Prince Fox's arm. It will ruin our plans if he wakes up while he's still lactating.

"Doctor, how much longer do we need to keep him sedated?" I ask.

The Doctor meets my eyes then presses down on the flesh next to the Prince's full nipple. A dribble of milk leaks from the tit and runs down Prince Fox's chest. "I'd say only a few more days."

"Good. I would like to have him conscious to take care of his son."

"You should start assembling the men for the ceremony. I'll have him prepared in a few minutes," Doctor Blair says, positioning the Prince on his side and placing a pillow under his chest and belly. He positions the immortal so he's more on his stomach and bends one leg toward his chest. I can see his large penis and sacks nestling on the soft fur. I can't pull my eyes away as one of the Doctor's hands parts his buttocks, exposing his anus. His other hand squirts the contents of a tube inside the Prince. He then works his finger in and starts stretching him.

Not looking up from his task, the Doctor says sharply, "Major Conan, this isn't for your entertainment. I'd like to get this over with before I have to give the Prince another injection. Now would you please assemble the men in the antechamber."

"Sorry, Doctor."

I quickly leave the cavern through the antechamber entrance. Most of the men are already assembled there, waiting impatiently. "Garth, inform the other men the time is here. I'll get King Walter. Johnson, come with me, I need you to put Prince Arman in with the other Princes. I don't wish our King to see where they're being held."

We hurry down the endless tunnels until we reach the cell where we're holding our King and his youngest son. King Walter glares at us menacingly while cradling the small boy in his arms. Only the anti-power cuff around his ankle prevents him from killing us.

"What have you done with Fox and my sons?"

"Your sons are fine and will remain that way as long as you do as ordered. I'm going to take you to see Prince Fox. He's being kept unconscious until his milk dries up. First, give Prince Arman to Captain Johnson, he's going to place him in with his brothers."

"Why can't he go with us to see his dad?"

"Prince Arman's Mom is about to perform a great service for our country. Unfortunately the type of service the Prince will be performing would be too upsetting for a small child to witness. Now hand him over to Captain Johnson, or I'll be compelled to use force."

The King reluctantly starts to hand the boy over, but the little Prince holds on tightly to his dad's arm, crying. "NO! I don't want to go! I want Daddy FOX!"

"Don't worry, Mani, you're going to see your brothers. You'd like to see River, Hunter, and Gawain wouldn't you?"

"I want Daddy Fox!"

"Prince Arman, I'll take you to see your Mommy tomorrow, if you're good. Now go with the nice Captain," I say.

"You bad men! I hate you!"

The kid has spunk. He'll make a good fighter some day. I have to use my powers to freeze our King so Captain Johnson can take the little Prince.

Johnson wails and throws the little boy across the room. "God Dammit! The fucking kid bit me!"

Prince Arman sits up shrieking and holding his arm. It's bent at a strange angle.

"I'll kill you for that!" The King struggles to move, but I'm still holding him immobile. "Let me go, he needs me!" he growls.

I ignore him. "Johnson, if you hurt that little boy again, you'll be executed on the spot. Now take him to his brothers and have Prince River heal his arm."

"What about my arm? The brat broke the skin!"

"Stop being such a baby. How did you ever make Captain?"

Johnson glares at me as he picks up the boy. The little Prince cringes in fright and continues crying. "Shut up, brat."

"Johnson, I'll deal with you after the ceremony! Now take the boy to his brothers!"

"Yes, sir." He quickly leaves carrying the Prince.

"Damn you! How do I know he's not going to hurt my son further?"

"Don't worry, I'm keeping an eye on the Captain and your son."

"You weren't able to prevent him from harming Arman while standing in the same room—"

"And for that I apologize, Your Majesty. It's not our intention to harm your children. Luckily for us, Prince River should be able to heal his brother without any problems. Now we have a ceremony to attend." I lead him out of the cell. "I'm allowing you to bear witness, since Prince Fox is your mate. What we're going to do has nothing to do with sex. It is necessary to make him compatible with my men, so we can procreate female offspring with him through the use of growth cylinders."

"You're going to rape him!" The King is shocked and turns to pleading. "Please, don't do this to him."

"My King, he'll never know. I want you to witness that we will do nothing more than release our seed into his body. In a week we'll collect his semen and ours, and combine them to fertilize the ova we've stolen from our government. In five months we'll have six hundred and fifty new female infants."

"You touch him and you'll pay dearly! Major, you'll have to kill me, because I won't stop until you're all dead!"

"We have no intention of killing you. You're our King and we're all loyal to you and our country. Most of us realize that we're forfeiting our lives by touching Prince Fox." I lead him into the cavern.

He gasps at the sight of his lover laid out like a lamb upon the altar. "Please, Major, don't touch him."

"I'm truly sorry, My King, but I can't do that. Our country has fallen behind the rest of the world in procreating females. There is only a limited supply of ova left and we plan to use it for our country—"

"Then use mine and Fox's sperm. You don't have to touch him."

"In the long run, it will be better for our country if the females are conceived through the sperm of many different men and Prince Fox." I secure his feet to the iron cuffs on the floor several feet from the altar. He'll have a perfect view of his lover being penetrated. "Now I need you to be quiet for the ceremony." I use my powers to take away his voice.


River's POV

I rock Arman in my arms as I heal his small body. Poor little guy hasn't stopped crying since that bastard brought him to us. I can't believe he broke Arman's arm! Not to mention bruising his knee and hip, all because he bit that jerk.

"River, it was awesome how you handled that asshole. I can't believe he expected you to heal the bite mark on his arm," Hunter says. "You sure told him off!"

I yawn, feeling the energy drain from me. This is the first time I've used my new healing powers since transforming into an immortal a little over a week ago. "Hunter, can you take Mani? I need to sleep now."

Hunter tries to lift Arman off my lap, but he refuses to let go of me and starts crying even harder. "Sh, Mani, ...would you like to take a nap with me?" He nods as he clings to me.

"Okay, you need to let go a little so I can get us under the blanket." I pull the blanket down and scoot beneath it, lying on my side with Arman held securely in my arms. His whimpers are the last thing I hear as sleep claims me.


Major James Conan's POV

I am first. Only the King and Doctor Blair are in the cavern with me. The other men went back out to the antechamber after the prayer service to wait their turn. I unzip my pants and climb on the altar behind our Prince. I'm careful not to touch him anymore than is necessary. Prince Fox smells so incredible...it will take a great effort not to give into temptation to lick him all over. I pull my erect penis out of my pants while reminding myself this isn't about pleasure—it's about duty. Positioning my cockhead against his anus I strain to push inside. I grunt with the effort, he's so tight just like a virgin would be. God, our King is one lucky man.

I glance over at King Walter. His eyes are filled with such hatred that it almost freezes my blood. I turn my attention back to the task at hand, before I lose my erection. My cockhead pops inside and I start slowly pumping in and out of the Prince's sweet body. It doesn't take long and I'm kissing the back of his neck and my hands are roaming over his warm flesh. I can't stop myself from touching, licking, biting him as I plunge my meat relentlessly into him. He has me hornier than I've ever been in my life. Just feeling his fiery interior around my cock quickly drives me over the edge. I'm shooting my sperm deep into his bowels.

When I come back to myself, I realize that I've bitten him on the shoulder, leaving my teeth impression clearly on his flawless skin. "Doctor, this isn't going work," I say, climbing off the altar. I tuck myself back in and zip up my pants.

"What's wrong?" Doctor Blair asks.

"I couldn't keep my hands off him. We need to do something so the men don't touch the Prince sexually."

"We could cover him with a sheet and cut a hole through it."

"Yeah, that might work, only make it something sturdier like a tarp."

The Doctor concentrates and a tarp appears over the Prince's body. The only spot exposed is a three-inch hole over his ass.

"That should do nicely I'll have the next man brought in," I say and telepathically informed Lieutenant Garth that it is his turn.

He comes strolling into the cavern and stops in his tracks. "What's with the fucking tarp?"

"It's to protect the Prince from being needlessly groped while he's being fucked."

"It sort of takes a lot of the pleasure out of fucking him," Garth grumbles as he peels off his pants. He's not wearing any underwear.

"This isn't about us getting pleasure from fucking the Prince. He belongs to King Walter and I want you and the others to remember that. The tarp should be a good reminder."

Garth climbs up on the altar and straddles the Prince. He pushes into the immortal's body as he continues to complain. "It's seems a shame to deny ourselves pleasure, while we're fucking him." His face turns red as he cries out. "Oooh...Fuck!"

I believe Garth just broke an all time record for coming in under ten seconds. "Good job, Lieutenant. If the other men are as quick as you, we'll have this wrapped up in less than an hour."

"Damn...couldn't I have one more go? What if I didn't ejaculate deep enough?"

"Depth doesn't matter. As long as your dick was inside him when you came." Our scientists have determined that the sperm isn't the most important element of a sorcerer/immortal coupling. It is the special energy released inside the immortal by the sorcerer simultaneous with him coming, which makes them compatible. Doctor Blair is going to be preparing a special serum for the Prince that will help get him through his next cycle without being attacked by the sorcerers who are newly bonded to him.

Garth grudgingly climbs off the altar and pulls back on his pants before storming out. The Doctor cleans the semen off the Prince's thighs and buttocks as the next sorcerer enters. I watch the King closely over the next two hours as his mate is bred with the remaining men. He's memorizing each man. Doctor Blair finally has his turn. When done, he pulls the tarp off and gives the Prince another shot to keep him unconscious.

I walk over to the King and give him back his voice. "My King, once Prince Fox's milk has dried up, I'll see that he is placed into the cell with you."

"Conan, I won't rest until you're all dead," King Walter growls. His hate-filled brown eyes give truth to his words.

"It doesn't matter. We're willing to sacrifice our lives for you and our country." I force him to follow me out of the cavern.

"How long are you going to keep us here?"

"Long enough to collect the Prince's semen and to see that he is impregnated by you during his next cycle."

"You fucking bastard! Nothing will make me to impregnate him against his will!"

"If you don't then my men will do the same thing to Prince River as we just did to Prince Fox, only Prince River will be conscious. Or maybe I'll select three men to impregnate Prince Fox in your stead. So you see, I'm sure your mate will agree to being impregnated by you or my men to spare your son and him."

"Bastard. I'll do what you say, just don't touch Fox or my sons—"

"I'm sure you'll do everything I tell you for the sake of your lover and sons. It's why I didn't use the threat of telling the Prince about your part in not allowing a cure to be found for his compulsions. That would have only hurt you."

The King pales as he walks into the cell. "I'd like to see Arman."

"He's safe with his brothers. I'll bring him back when his Mother is with you."

"Don't call Fox that—"

"I'm sorry that it upsets you, but he is the boy's Mother. It's about time the Prince and his immortal sons learn their proper place in our society. Immortals are not as powerful as we are. They need our protection to survive—"

"HA! There's where you're wrong, Major! For your information immortals are more powerful than sorcerers. We cannot kill them, but as sure as hell they can kill us! While they're lactating you wouldn't even see them coming."

I wonder if my face shows how stunned I am. "It never occurred to me that immortals could use their abilities for becoming invisible and walking through solid objects to kill us. This creates a whole new problem."

The King sits down calmly on the cot. "Really, Major? I see it as no more of a problem than us being able to kill any human, clairvoyant, or n'thral. Immortals just happen to be superior to us. It doesn't mean they'll kill us...unless given the proper reason to."

"We should be looking for a way to eliminate their protective powers while they're lactating. Or at least a way to detect them when they're invisible."

"No. I want my lovers to be able to protect themselves and our children. I will be no part to any attempt to eliminate those abilities."

I sigh. "You have a point. Our main concern should be for them and their children's safety."


Nicky's POV

The conference room smells of coffee and cigarette smoke. Most of our dad's sorcerers smoke constantly. They no longer have to worry about dying from cancer or old age. My dad has banned smoking in most public places where non-sorcerers are present. Dad's cabinet is made up exclusively of sorcerers and clairvoyants. The clairvoyants also smoke, but are heedless of the risks. They must assume that they would be healed by an immortal if they came down with cancer.

It's been over a week now that they've been missing and still no word. I look across the conference table at Sergei, who's sitting in our Dad Walter's chair. He's nervously leafing through reports. Sergei's been trying very hard to fill Dad Walter's shoes. He's just not very assertive. Kaylie would have been a better leader, only the sorcerers view women worse than they view immortals. It doesn't matter that Kaylie's a sorceress. Women are to be protected and worshipped, but never listened to or taken seriously. My dads say it's worse than it was fifty years ago when women were fighting for equality. At least General Kline is by Sergei's side helping him.

I can't wait 'til Dad Alex wakes up. He'll know what to do, and he might even force the sorcerers to listen to him. Dad can be very intimidating when he wants to be.


Major James Conan's POV

I stand outside the cell as the Prince and King hug and exchange tender kisses. I've just returned the Prince to the King. Prince Fox is still a little dazed and bewildered.

"My God, Fox, are you okay?" King Walter holds his lover's face cupped between his hands as he stares into weary hazel eyes.

"Yeah...I think—" Prince Fox's eyes widen with concern as he seems to sense something isn't right. "Walter, where're our kids?"

"They won't let me see them. One of the bastards broke Mani's arm—"

"No...." The Prince pales as he turns angrily to face me. "You goddamn fucker! I demand to see my baby! What kind of assholes are you to break a little boy's arm?"

The King's arms encircle his waist to prevent the enraged beauty from attacking me.

"I'll let you see him on one condition, Your Highness."

"What's that?"

"That you tell him and your other sons to call you Mommy."

Prince Fox doesn't even flinch. He holds his head proudly. "Fine. Now bring him to me."

I've seen photographs of the other immortals, and even a few of them in person, but none possess the cool class that Prince Fox possesses. This man has been through hell in his life and still he's able to hold himself with pride and dignity.

"Very well, Your Highness." I turn and head to get the boy.

No one has been allowed into the cell containing the immortal Princes, except Johnson when he took Prince Arman to them. We didn't want to take any chances that the men would become enamored with any of them.

I open the metal door and step into the room. The Princes are at the table. They stand when I enter. "Prince Arman, your mother and father wish to see you."

Prince River wraps his arms around the little boy. "He's not going anywhere alone with you."

"Do you want to deny him seeing Prince Fox?" Nothing is stopping me from just taking the little boy, except for the fact I'd rather not upset him further, so I hold off.

"Wiver, I want to see Daddy Fox!"

I bristle and say tersely, "He's your Mommy Fox! If you want to see him you'll call him that."

Prince Gawain speaks up. "He's not a mom, he's our dad. Auntie Dana and Auntie Kim are moms, not my dad!"

"You're wrong, Prince Gawain. Anyone who gives birth to a child is that child's Mother. When you and your immortal brothers have babies someday, you'll be that child's mother."

"So what, Dickhead? Why does it bug you so much what we call him?" Prince Hunter says.

I let the insult slide. "I had a mother once. She was the most important person of my life. Over the past eighteen years children have been gestated in test tubes. Only the children of immortals, and a few women through IVF, have actually been born. You, your brothers, and sisters are the only ones lucky enough to know the love of a Mother. Prince Hunter, do you have the same love for your Dad Alex as you have for your Mom?"

Hunter looks thoughtful for a few seconds. "No. It's not that I don't love Dad Alex, I just feel closer to my Dad Fox."

"It's the love a child has for his Mother—"

"I love Dad Alex and Dad Walter as much as I love Dad Fox," Prince Gawain says.

I smile at the boy. "Do you? Who do you go to when you're hurt or sad?"

The boy frowns. "My Dad Fox...."

"I think you've just proven my point. I'll allow each of you to see your dad and mom if you abide by my rules and call them by their proper titles."

"No deal, Dickhead." Prince Hunter sits down at the table, and Prince Gawain follows suit.

"I want to see my daddies!" Prince Arman cries.

"Who do you want to see, Prince Arman?" I ask softly.

The little boy purses his lips in thought. Then he blurts out, "Mommy and Daddy."

Prince Hunter mutters, "Traitor."

I grin at him, holding out my hand to the boy. Prince River reluctantly lets him go then joins his brothers at the table.

"I'll see that you're sent some magazines to read later." I lock the cell door and resist the desire to pick up the small child and carry him. Instead I take his hand and lead he down the tunnels.

We finally make it to the cell holding his parents. I unlock the door and he runs inside—right into the arms of Prince Fox. King Walter's arms encircle both their bodies.

The Prince hugs and cuddles his son. "How are you, baby?"

"Daddy, bad man broke my arm...Wiver made it all better."

Prince Fox looks angrily over at me. "Mani, you'll have to call me Mommy. If you don't, they won't let you stay with Daddy Walter and me."

"Okay, Mommy. Hunter and Gawain didn't want to call you that so he won't let them see you." Prince Arman turns and kisses King Walter. "I love you, Daddy."

The King's eyes tear up and he hugs them tighter and kisses his son's cheek. "Champ, I love you so much it hurts. I'm so sorry I wasn't able to protect you."

Arman pets his Dad's arm. "Daddy, you protect Mommy."

I clear my throat, closing and locking the cell door. "I'll let you get reacquainted."


It is three days later that I retrieve Prince Fox in order to collect his semen.

The Prince glares angrily at me as we walk down the tunnels to the lab. "Walter told me what you did. It must make you feel like real macho men to rape an unconscious man," he snips.

"It served our purposes. Besides I doubt you'd have wanted to be conscious while we deposited our seed inside your body."

Prince Fox flinches. "No. I wouldn't have wanted to be awake for that. Nor do I want to be having children with any of you. Why don't you just let us go?"

"No. We'll let you go once you're pregnant with King Walter's baby and we're sure that the test tube babies are going to live."

"Fine. At least let our sons go. They've done nothing to you—"

I laugh. "Let them go? We're in the middle of nowhere. Do you really want me to let your three lovely sons go?" I open the door to the lab and allow him to proceed me inside. Doctor Blair nods toward the dentist chair set up in the corner of the room.

"I meant you should return them to the palace."

I lead him over to the chair. "Sit. Your sons will be let go at the same time you and the King are let go."

"You're not going to get away with this." He sits placing his feet on the footrest.

Doctor Blair secures his wrists with Velcro to the arms of the chair, then his ankles to the footrest.

"We don't expect to get away with it. We'll be turning ourselves in at the same time we return you and your family to the Crystal Palace. You'll need to make arrangements for the care of your new daughters. I doubt you'll be able to raise all six hundred and fifty of them on your own." I pull over the cart as the Doctor unzips the Prince's pants and pulls his penis out.

"This isn't going to hurt, Your Highness," the Doctor says as he attaches the tube over the flaccid organ. It's connected to a milking machine.

"Would you care to demonstrate it on yourself?" Prince Fox snarls.

"I already have. Along with all the other men at the base. You're the last," Doctor Blair says, flipping the switch.

The Prince lets out a gasp as the machine starts. His penis swells quickly under the assault. I watch the pump work his organ. He whimpers and his hands twist in the bindings. It doesn't take long for the first orgasm to be forced out of him. It's a beautiful sight to behold. His eyes glaze over as his lips part and he moans exquisitely. Then his back arches up from the chair as his long limbs twist in the restraints as he comes. The Doctor leaves the pump running until Prince Fox orgasms three more times within the hour.

"I think that should be enough," the Doctor says, turning off the pump and unscrewing the small bottle a quarter full of semen. "Major, if I need more, I'll let you know. You can take Prince Fox back to his cell."

I unfasten the tube from the Prince's penis and tuck him back in, before freeing his limbs. He's as weak as a kitten as I help him to his feet. We walk slowly back down the tunnels. He doesn't speak the entire way. His eyes are void of emotion.

King Walter is pacing their cell nervously when we appear outside the cell door. He gives a sigh of relief, "Fox, are you all right?" As I unlock the door.

"No," the Prince murmurs and falls into the King's arms, resting his head on the broad shoulder. His body is trembling as King Walter holds him.

"Daddy, what's wrong with Mommy?" Prince Arman asks from the floor. He's playing with some rocks he'd collected around the small cave like room.

"He's only tired, Champ."

King Walter meets my eyes and says quietly, "This is another thing you'll pay dearly for."

"You'll only be able to kill me once," I quip, locking the cell door.

I watch briefly as the King helps his lover over to the cot. They lay down together with King Walter holding the Prince securely in his arms. Their son runs over to the cot and squeezes in between them.


Nicky's POV
December 18th

Thank God, Dad Alex is finally awake. Sergei and I hurry upstairs as soon as Summer gives us the news. We wait with our sisters in the bedroom while Dad Alex showers. No one has given him the bad news yet. As the oldest it's Sergei's responsibility.

After ten minutes he comes down the steps wearing his black velour robe.

"Daddy! We missed you!" the triplets yell and run over to hug him. He kneels hugging them back and distributing kisses.

"How have you girls been? Has Daddy Fox and your nannies been taking good care of you?"

"Bad men have Daddy Fox!" They blurt out in stereo.

We all groan.

"What?" He looks over at us. "Does someone want to tell me what's going on? Where's Walter?"

"Dad, I think it would be better if we talked in private," Sergei says nervously.

"Hope, Faith, please take your sisters to the kitchen." Dad Alex's voice is low and filled with worry.

They collect kisses from him before they leave. Kaylie, Alek, and Angelique are in the village visiting Yori and Lev.

"Okay, boys, start talking."

I stand next to Sergei as he gives Dad the bad news. "They were abducted along with our brothers from Area 51 the day they arrived. The base commander General Foss believes it was an inside job. The military has since uncovered information of an organize plot led by Major James Conan—"

"The air force test pilot?" Dad asks.

"Yeah. Major Conan leads a secret group known as the Thirteen Patriots. They have been planning an attack against our family for years. Dad Walter taking Dad Fox with him to Area 51 presented them with the perfect opportunity." Sergei's eyes tear up and he snivels, "D-Dad, I'm afraid they might have killed Dad Walter."

Our dad quickly strides over and pulls Sergei's larger body into a hug. "Serg, I'm sure he's all right. They'd be foolish to kill such an important hostage. Have you and Nicky been dealing with this all alone these past three weeks?"

"G-general Kline has been helping us. Rory, Kazuo, and Gabriel have been helping to protect our family."

I walk over and wrap my arms around our dad, too. I've missed him so much. He kisses me and pulls me against his side. He's so strong and smells really good. I feel better knowing that he's going be in charge now. Sergei is resting his head on Dad's other shoulder as I whisper, "Father Nikolai is also helping to search for them."

He looks at me silently. "I'm going to get dressed, boys, then we can go downstairs together to speak with General Kline."

I sigh; I wish my biological dads got along.


When we stroll into the conference room, it's filled with our Dad Walter's Generals and top cabinet officials. Dad Alex walks over and takes the seat at the head of the table that Sergei has been using in Dad Walter's absence.

"Excuse me, Prince Alex, but shouldn't you be upstairs resting?" General Macky asks, snuffing out his cigar in the ashtray.

"No. In King Walter's absence I'm the next in charge. Do you have a problem with that, General?" Dad Alex glares at him, then at each of the men around the table.

"You're hardly qualified—" Secretary Stuart states.

"Why? Because I'm not a sorcerer? Since when has our country started to restrict anyone except sorcerers from holding high positions in our government?"

"That's not true. We have four clairvoyants in the cabinet," Secretary Stuart says, looking nervously around for support before continuing. "Immortals have other duties. You shouldn't have to concern yourselves with the problems of running the government. Especially when you have a bun in the oven."

Our dad stands and walks over Secretary Stuart and yanks him out of his chair. "Consider yourself out of a job." Dad pushes him toward the door.

"You can't do this to me!"

"Yes, I can. If you don't leave I'll have you thrown out."

Everyone watches as the Secretary leaves the room in a huff. "Does anyone else want to join the former Secretary?" he asks.

"Prince Alex, it's not that I don't have the utmost respect for you, but as an immortal you'll never be able to defend yourself against mind-control or attack," General Macky says.

Dad Alex lifts a perfectly shaped eyebrow and smiles menacingly. "General, just as you would never be able to defend yourself against me, if I ever decide to kill you."

"You're only an immortal...you could never get close enough to kill me—"

"I'm pregnant...once I start lactating you'll never even see me coming. Now do you wish to join Secretary Stuart?"

The General startles, then laughs and pounds the table. "No, Your Highness, I'll happily follow your commands. I know when I'm out matched."

General Kline has been sitting quietly throughout the confrontation. "Welcome, Prince Alex. I'll echo General Macky. It will be a pleasure to serve under your command until we can get King Walter back."

"Thank you, Generals. Shall we get down to business?" Our dad takes the seat at the head of the table again, while Sergei and I take seats against the wall.

General Kline clicks on the monitor and an image appears on the screen. It is of the inside of a reproduction center with hundreds of growth cylinders. "We've finally determined why they abducted Prince Fox and possibly your immortal sons. This is the Greater Valley reproduction clinic outside of San Francisco. Since cloning has temporarily been suspended, this clinic hasn't been used in three years, so no one was aware that all of its equipment had been stolen. It contained close to seven hundred growth cylinders along with all of the medical equipment for maintaining the cylinders—"

Our dad pales and looks ill. "Shit! Are you saying that this group has abducted Fox and my sons in order to procreate female children with them?"

I've never seen my dad more distressed. I'm worried he might faint. "Dad, I'm sure they won't hurt them. They only need their semen—" I just figure they'd have my brothers and dad jerk off into a jar, like we've seen in our sex education classes on reproduction.

"No, Nicky, they don't only need semen! An immortal and sorcerer must bond first and the only way they can do that is through sex!" he growls, pounding his fist on the table.

"Dad, at least Gawain will be safe. He's still too young," Sergei says softly.

"Thanks, Serg, but I'm still worried about Hunter, River, and Fox. If these men have touched them I'll kill them with my bare hands!" He turns back to the men assembled around the conference table. "Continue with your report, General."

"Your Highness, we're currently checking with the trucking companies. Even with their sorcerer abilities, they'd still need several large trucks to haul the equipment from the lab," General Kline says.

"I want to be kept appraised of all developments, General. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to attend to my daughters. This must have been hard on them." My dad stands and everyone around the conference table stands out of respect.

We follow him back upstairs in the elevator. "Serg, did anyone do anything for your sisters and your sixteenth birthday?" Dad asks.

"We haven't been in much of a mood for celebrating. Especially since it was Hunter's sixteenth birthday, too," Sergei sighs.

"I'll have Jacques prepare a special meal. It's not everyday you turn sixteen." He smiles. "Don't worry, guys, we'll find them, then we'll celebrate Hunter's belated birthday."

Sergei tries to return the smile. "I hope so...I even miss Mani."


Major James Conan's POV
December 22nd

I have Prince Arman returned to his brothers' cell. Prince Fox is just beginning his cycle and I don't want the little boy in the way while his mother and father conceive their next child. The Royal couple has been extremely careful about having sex with their son sharing their cell. They've only done it four times to ward off the Prince's withdrawal pains, but only after the child was soundly sleeping. Oh yeah, I've watched them.

I stand outside their cell and watch the King pace, while Prince Fox sits on their cot. His arms are folded across his lap, covering an erection. I heard that immortals get incredibly horny during their cycle. Being this close to him is making me horny.

"Go ahead," I say.

"I'm not impregnating him with you standing there watching."

"Fine. I'll be down the tunnel. Call me when you're done." I head off down the tunnel keeping a mental eye on them.

The King kneels in front of the Prince. "Fox, I'm sorry. I don't want to do this to you—"

Prince Fox smiles sadly. "Walter, we have no choice. I'd rather have it be you than one of those bastards. Let's just get it over with."

"No. I want to make love to you slowly." He touches his lover's belly. "This child will be created out of love like all of our other children."

Prince Fox's eyes mist over as he wraps his long arms around the King's neck and pulls him into a hug. "This is why I love you so much, Walter. You always bring a ray of light into my life." He tilts his head and kisses the King.

King Walter proceeds to kiss him back with relish as he slowly undresses him. Then he removes his own clothes. They spend the next two hours exploring each other's bodies. Kissing, sucking, nipping. They have me hard and wanton watching them. I feel envious of our King. Why should he be the only one allowed to love Prince Fox?

"Oh God, Walter, now! I'm ready for you!"

I watch in utter fascination as the King's cock enters the immortal's bellybutton. The two figures on the cot become utterly still, except for their heavy breathing. No humping and no thrusting. The King cries out suddenly as his body shudders in orgasm. He collapses on top of his lover before rolling on his side.

Prince Fox's eyes are closed. His hand moves down to his belly and smears the come covering it from his own orgasm. "Do you think we'll have a girl this time?" he whispers.

"Fox, I'll love either a girl or boy. However, I do hope Alex gives me a son. More so because he really wants to have a boy this time."

The Prince chuckles, "Well, at least Alex ought to be happy at this latest development." He turns so he's lying with his head resting on the King's shoulder. He moans, "God, if he has multiples again, I know he's going to expect to me to help nurse them."

I decide at this instant that Prince Fox will carry my baby, too. I'll have him brought to me tomorrow evening.


Nicky's POV
December 22nd

Dad comes out of Doctor Pendrell's office tucking in his T-shirt. I'm waiting to walk back with him to our apartment, along with three of his personal bodyguards. Once he starts lactating again, he won't need to depend on them for his security.

"Dad, boy or girl?"

He puts his arm over my shoulder as we walk. "It's still too early to tell, Nicky."

"Twins, triplets, or more?"

Dad chuckles, "Don't start, brat. If I'm lucky only one this time."

Instead of taking the public transport car back to our section of the palace, we stroll through the shopping district. Normal humans manage most of these establishments. He stops in front of a cart selling stained glass, crystals, and prisms.

"Your sisters would love these, don't you think? Maybe the cardinals for Kira and the humming birds for Nadia."

I nod. My twin sisters love birds. "How about the butterflies for Morgan?"

Dad smiles, "Yes—"

"Can I help you, Your Highness?" the salesman asks.

"Yeah, I'd like these three stained glass window art, six of the different shape prism paperweights, and two pairs of those crystal earrings."

"Would you like boxes for them?"

"Yes, please and gift wrap."

We continue shopping until our bodyguards and ourselves are loaded down with packages. I wonder at Dad's calm demeanor as he pauses outside a shop that sells sex toys. Why isn't he worrying about my dads and brothers?

"Wait here, Nicky. I want to pick up a special gift for your Dad Fox and Dad Walter. The windows are mirrored so I can't see inside; I keep checking my watch every five minutes. It's a full half-hour before he strolls out caring two more large shopping bags.

"I think this is enough for today. I think I'll come back tomorrow with Sergei."

"Dad, they might not be home for Christmas—"

"Nicky, Christmas is your Dad Walter's favorite holiday. If we do find them in time, I want to be able to give him and your brothers a normal family Christmas."

"What's your favorite holiday, Dad?" I ask as we continue walking in the direction of our home.

"If you promise not to tell your Dad Fox, I'll tell you."

"I promise."

"Halloween."

"Halloween? But Dad, you hardly ever want to dress up. It drives Dad Fox nuts."

"I know, but I love seeing how much fun he has. I love anything that makes him happy." Dad shrugs sadly. "C'mon, let's get these presents home. You can help me wrap some of them."


River's POV
December 23rd

The Major took Arman back to our dads this morning. He said if all goes well, we should be back home by New Years Day. My brothers and I didn't even realize, until he told us, that tomorrow is Christmas Eve.

There is a noise outside our cell and suddenly the door opens and Dad Fox rushes in, carrying Arman. They're a beautiful sight.

"DAD!" Gawain shouts, rushing to him and throwing his arms around Dad's waist.

Dad Fox hugs him with his free arm. "Boys, we need to leave now!"

"How did you find us? Where's Dad Walter?"

"Mani showed me where you were. Your dad is extracting his pound of flesh."

"How did you get away?" I ask as we make our way through the dark tunnels while holding each other's hands.

"Thank your baby brother. He used his powers to break the anti-power cuff off your dad's ankle," Dad Fox whispers.

"Wow! Mani did that? Thanks, Mani," Gawain says.

"Sh, we're going to have to be quiet. Dad Walter is shielding us from detection, but that won't prevent them from finding us, if they hear us."

We stay close to the tunnel wall as we slowly make our way over uneven ground. There are old tracks running down the tunnel, probably used to move ore at one time. "Dad, do you know where we're going?"

"Yes. Dad Walter says a couple miles up, is an elevator that goes to the surface. We're going to wait there for him."

I jump at the sound of an explosion and screaming. It seems to echo down the tunnels.


Major James Conan's POV

I discover first hand why Walter Skinner was made King. I've never encountered another sorcerer more powerful. We were damn lucky to subdue him the first time back on the ship...I'm sure there'd never be a second chance. He's already slaughtered eight of my men.

I try to get to where we're holding his sons, but they're already gone. I can't, for the life of me, figure out how he was able to remove the anti-power cuff. The cavern I've retreated to with Doctor Blair contains all six hundred and fifty growth cylinders.

"Major Conan, Doctor Blair, you didn't really think you could hide from me?" The King stalks toward us. His attention is diverted briefly to the growth cylinders. "Were you successful, Doctor?"

"Yes. There's a small female embryo growing inside each of those containers."

"You shouldn't have done this to him. Fox will feel personally responsible for each of the little girls—"

I knew I chose correctly. The Prince will see that they're protected and given everything they'll need until they're old enough to marry. "Then our mission has been accomplished," I say.

"I should destroy all of these cylinders, Fox would never know."

"You won't. You're too good a man to destroy the human life growing within these growth cylinders."

The King frowns. "You're right, but I'm not above killing the two of you."

I clutch at my throat as it is crushed under tremendous pressure. The room appears awash in an amber color as I sink to my knees—


Nicky's POV
December 23rd

My Father Nikolai arrived from Russia this morning. He and Dad spent the morning talking. I wish I knew what they were discussing. My father seemed quite distressed. I cannot recall ever seeing him so disheveled and sad.

I'm in the kitchen helping to bake Christmas cookies. My spirit isn't really in it. Dad wanted us older kids to help keep our younger sisters minds off our missing dads and brothers.

"Alina, would you like to put some sprinkles on your cookie?" Hope asks.

"Yes. I'm making this one for Gawain. He'll like it better if it has lots of colors."

Dad Alex and Father Nikolai rush into the kitchen.

"Kids, they've been found! Dad Walter contacted the nearest clairvoyant with their location and General Kline is sending a helicopter to pick them up," Dad Alex says, smiling.

"Are they okay?" Sergei asks.

"Serg, General Kline says they're all in perfect health."

"But are River, Hunter, and Dad Fox okay?" Sergei stresses.

I realize what he's asking, while trying not to alarm our sisters.

"Your brothers are fine. They weren't touched by their captors—"

"What about Dad Fox?" I ask before Sergei can.

Dad Alex frowns and confesses, "I don't know. The General was only relaying what Dad Walter told the clairvoyant. We won't know until I can talk directly to Dad Walter or Dad Fox."

The next seven hours are the longest in my life. I pace around the entertainment room with my sisters and brother. Jacques threw us out of the kitchen, so he could concentrate on preparing a welcome home dinner.

Hope lights the Christmas tree, while Angelique and Faith light the candles around the room. They then dim the overhead lights and turn on the stereo to play some Christmas carols.

"Cheer up everyone," Hope admonishes. "They've been found, they're coming home."

"Hope, I can't cheer up until I know Dad Fox is really okay," Sergei says.

"Me neither," I say.

Dad Alex strolls into the room with his leather jacket on. "Their helicopter is going to land in twenty minutes. Who wants to wait by the landing pad with me?"

"I do!" We all cry out at once, then race out of the room to get our winter jackets.

"Meet me by the north elevator!" Dad Alex shouts after us.


River's POV

I look out the window of the helicopter toward the lights of the Crystal Palace. I can see our home at the top of the massive center tower. Home. Lights are on in several of the windows...I wonder who's still up. I try to find my window as the helicopter circles the palace. I want to soak in a hot bath. Then I want to eat one of Jacques' gourmet meals and finally go to sleep in my nice soft bed.

"What are you thinking about, River?" Hunter asks.

"About how nice it will be to sink up to my neck in a hot bubble bath with a cold beer."

Arman perks up, grinning. "I want cold chocolate milk!"

Dad Walter chuckles. "You can have as much chocolate milk as you can drink." He kisses the top of Arman's head as he holds the boy on his lap.

I glance over at Dad Fox to see if he would protest. But he's still staring sadly out the window lost in thought. I dread what might have happened to him, while my brothers and I were left untouched. Dad Walter hasn't stopped touching him since we escaped. He always has a protective hand someplace on him. Right now he has an arm draped over Dad Fox's shoulders. In a way, I'm envious of their closeness. I wish I had someone who'll love and care for me as deeply.

I lean forward and touch his knee. "Dad? Are you okay?"

Dad Fox turns to face me. "Hmm? Oh, I'm fine. I'm just wondering if I'll be awake long enough to celebrate Christmas with everyone."

My heart stops. "Dad, you're not—"

"Pregnant. Yes, I am."

"Dad, whose?" I ask anxiously.

Dad Walter interrupts, "It's my baby."

"Thank God," Hunter sighs.

I sigh with relief. I figure my dads couldn't make it through Dad Fox's cycle being locked in a small cell together.

A puzzled look crosses Gawain's face, he says, "Whose else would it be? Dad Alex wasn't with us."

Dad Fox sighs and hugs him. "Gawain, we'll be home just in time for Christmas. Are you excited?"

"Oh yes. I hope our tree is still alive."

"I'm sure your sisters watered it while we were gone." A smile suddenly lights up Dad Fox's face as he stares out the window as the helicopter descends towards the landing pad. "Look, Gawain! There's your sisters, brothers, and Dad Alex."

I look too, and swallow as I see Tsar Nikolai waiting with them. I'd almost forgotten about my fiancae. The helicopter touches down and we wait for the rotors to slow before disembarking.

Tsar Nikolai rushes over and sweeps me up into a hug. I'm stunned at first. I've never literally been swept off my feet before, but he is seven inches taller than me. I glance over at my dads. My sisters and brothers are surrounding them. Dad Alex is kissing Dad Walter then he moves over to Dad Fox. My attention is drawn back to the man squeezing the life out of me.

"My Lord, River, I've never been so worried in my life! I do not intend to ever let you out of my sight again! So I suggest you tell your dads about us getting married." He whispers the last part.

"I already told Dad Fox, and he told Dad Walter. Besides I'm sure they'd know something was up by now." I quark an eyebrow. "Do you want to set me back down on my feet, Tsar Nikolai?"

"Not really, moi love," he says lowering me back down. "I would like it if you started calling me Nikolai."

My family is staring at us as we walk over to them, holding hands.

Nicky is the one who finally breaks the silence. "River, what's up?"

"Your father and I are engaged to be married. We would have announced it sooner only—" I motion toward the helicopter. "I was indisposed."

"You're really marrying Tsar Nikolai?" Hope asks surprised.

"Yes."

The Tsar places his arm around my waist, pulling me closer. As my siblings grill me.

"Do you love him?" Angelique asks.

"How long have you been dating?" Aleksandra asks.

"When's the wedding?" Nadia asks.

"Are our dads okay with this?" Faith questions.

Dad Fox comes to our rescue. "Yes, I'm okay with it. River and I talked about him marrying Tsar Nikolai. Now do you all mind if we take this inside?"

"Yeah, guys, can't you see our dads and brothers are tired?" Sergei says.

Sergei and Summer are holding Dad Fox's hands while Kaylie, Angelique, Alek, and the twins are staying close to Dad Walter who's holding Arman. Dad Alex has his arms around Gawain's and Hunter's shoulders as the triplets go from group to group chattering excitedly.

"Good suggestion, Serg," Dad Walter says, leading the way back to the palace. "I really need to spend sometime in private with Dad Alex and Dad Fox."

"Why? You've already knocked 'em both up," Hunter quips. He receives a swift swat on his butt from Dad Alex who stops suddenly.

"Fox, you're pregnant with Walter's baby! Are you okay?" Dad Alex asks deeply concerned.

"I'm fine, Alex."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, it's Walter's baby—"

Dad Alex is grinning from ear-to-ear. "So it looks like we're having our babies about the same time after all. We can help each other with the nursing and the diaper changing."

"Stop gloating, ratboy. As if you'll only be having one baby," Dad Fox grumbles.

"You'd better be nice to me, lover. Our kids told me what you were planning to do to me while I was sleeping."

Dad Fox sighs, "I think I'll be moving downstairs with Frohike, Hans, and Gabriel for the next three or so weeks."

"You're not going anywhere!" Dad Walter and Dad Alex both growl.

Alex walks over and kisses Dad Fox. "I love you. I promise I won't do anything to you while you're sleeping."

Dad Fox rests his forehead against Dad Alex's and murmurs, "You really have me believing that you're serious, but I know you, Alex."

Tsar Nikolai chuckles. His arm around my waist is making me hot. I can't remember the last time that being around some guy made me horny.

"I think we should set a date, River," he says as we wait with my family for the elevators.

"How about May 1st?" I say.

"How about December 26?" Tsar Nikolai replies.

"That's in less than three days."

"Beautiful and smart," he teases. "I'm not leaving here without you, River. Getting married now is better than five months from now when I've overstayed my welcome with your dads."

"I-I—" I really can't think of a reason not to marry him in three days, except that I'm extremely scared. "Okay. We'll get married in three days."

"Nikolai, I'd like to talk to you in private," Dad Fox says as the elevator doors open and most of our family steps inside.

My soon to be husband smiles at him. "Of course, Fox. Why don't we wait for the next elevator? We can talk in my apartment."

"Dad, we're coming with you," Sergei says protectively with Nicky at his side.

"I need to talk to Tsar Nikolai alone, Sergei. Go upstairs with your Dad Walter, he's missed you boys."

"Oh fine. C'mon, Nicky." Sergei drags his feet to the elevator.

"River, please go with them and keep them out of trouble," Dad Fox says.

I hate leaving my dad alone with Tsar Nikolai. "Okay, I hope you won't be long." Before I can join my family in the elevator, the Tsar's hand tightens on my wrist, stopping me. He bends down and kisses me soundly, until my knees feel like rubber.

"I won't hurt your father, River," he whispers against my lips.

I swallow as I look into his eyes. I nod my acceptance, since my voice seems to have left me. Nikolai lets me go and I stagger into the elevator. I should have waited for the next car this one is too crowded.

Sergei pushes the button to Frohike's floor then he turns to Dad Walter. "Dad, Nicky and I need to pick up something from Uncle Melvin."

"Couldn't it wait until tomorrow? It's been over three weeks since we've seen each other."

"It really can't wait. We won't be long," he says as the doors slides open on Frohike's floor and they step out. I step out with them.

"River, where do you think you're going?" Nicky asks.

I smirk. "Dad Fox is paying me a buck an hour to baby-sit you two."

"You're so funny—Not," I say.

"Okay, River, just don't get in our way. I don't trust your fiancae with Dad Fox," Sergei says.

"What do you intend to do?" I ask.

Nicky answers for him. "My Father Nikolai would be able to detect and block us from spying on them, but he'd never be able to detect Uncle Melvin."

"And you want to use me to spy on them," Frohike says, strolling down the hallway. He has two little toddlers following him. I no longer remember all of Hans, Frohike's and Gabriel's children's names.

"If that's okay, Uncle Melvin," Sergei says.

"You know how much I love spying on your dads." He smirks then hugs me. "River, welcome home!"

"Thanks, Melvin."

"C'mon, boys, let's get comfortable in the kitchen."

Hans is in the kitchen when we walk in. He's feeding their youngest child pureed carrots. The two little girls with Melvin run over to him and climb up on his lap. "River, it's really good seeing that you're okay. How's your dads and brothers?"

"They're fine, Hans. Dad Fox is pregnant again with Dad Walter's baby." My attention drifts to where Frohike is projecting a three-dimensional image of my dad and Tsar Nikolai on the tabletop. Only the most powerful clairvoyants possess that ability.

I walk over to them and stare down at the tiny images. Nikolai is bringing my dad a glass of water.

"Okay, Fox, what do you want to talk about?" Nikolai asks.

"River. I don't want to see him hurt."

"You may not believe this, Fox, but I love River and have no intention of ever hurting him."

I smile at the same time I feel guilty for listening to their conversation.

"You've said the same thing about Alex."

"I never hurt Alexei—"

"You raped him when he was at his most vulnerable."

"Fox, I never raped him. If I didn't have sex with him when I did, Nicolas would never have been conceived."

My brother Nicky gasps.

"That's your problem, Slava, you don't know right from wrong. Are you still trafficking in slaves?"

"I don't believe that's any of your business. Now you wanted to talk about River and me. Say your bit or get out," Tsar Nikolai says coldly.

"Fine." Dad Fox stands and places himself in front of the Tsar. "I want you to promise me that you'll be extremely gentle with him on your wedding night—he's still a virgin."

I blush as Frohike and my brothers look at me.

"Fox, you don't realize how thrilled I am, knowing I'll be River's first and only lover. I want more than anything in the world to give him pleasure. It means more to me than my own gratification."

"Melvin, please stop spying—" I say.

The images vanish. "Sorry, River, I didn't realize they'd be talking about you. So you're marrying the Tsar?"

"Yes. Just promise me, you won't spy on Nikolai and me on our wedding night. I'm nervous enough as it is."

"I promise, River, and congratulations. I predict you'll be very happy with Tsar Nikolai."

"Thanks, Melvin."

"Let's go home...I want to talk to Dad Alex," Nicky says, looking like he's close to tears.

"Nicky, what happened between your Father Nikolai and Dad Alex was a long time ago—people change."

"River, doesn't it bother you that the man you're about to marry, my father, raped our dads?"

"Yes. But don't you see, Nicky? If he's married to me, he'll never have a reason to harm our dads or immortal brothers."

"What about you? It would hurt our dads more knowing that you sacrificed yourself for them," Sergei says as we wait by the elevator.

"Guys, it's my life." I smile at them. "Don't worry about me. If I made a mistake you can always tell me, I told you so, after I come home with my tail between my legs."


River's POV
December 24

Dad Alex is glaring at me angrily. I've never seen him so mad. His green eyes are nearly black.

"How can you do this to us?" Dad Alex yells. "You know what that bastard did to Fox and me! But you're still willing to share his bed and have his brats! I thought I raised you better than that! Of all the selfish, pig-headed things you could have done this tops the cake!"

I shrink under his assault. I'm at a lost for what to say.

"Alex, it's his life," Dad Fox says calmly.

Dad Alex turns his anger on him. "Fox, you out of all people cannot be happy with this! How can you support our son marrying that bastard?"

"Because it is his decision to make! Alex, I angry when you chose Slava's bed over mine! But it was your decision and I had to live with it or lose you forever—"

"You could have put your foot down with me. I would never have chosen Slava over you—"

Dad Fox jumps to his feet. "Bullshit, Alex! You were bonded to him. It would have only been a matter of time before you snuck off to be with him. I gave you your freedom—give River's his. Let him make his own mistakes."

"Fox, I can't. I don't him to make the same mistake I made—"

"Dad, please...it's my choice."

"River, don't do this. Reconsider—"

"Dad, I'm sorry. I hope you'll still be able to love me?" I say softly. Tears glistening on my lashes.

For the first time, in a long time, Dad Alex has tears in his eyes. He walks over and hugs me against his chest as he cries. "I'll kill that bastard if he hurts you. I'll rip his fucking heart out." I can feel his hot tears against my neck.

"Dad, I love you. Please, don't worry about me."

"This is so hard for me, River." He hugs me harder.

"Dad, I would like you to be my best man."

"Maybe you should ask Dad Fox or Dad Walter—"

I shake my head. "No, I want you."

Dad Alex takes a deep breath. "For you, River, only for you."

I rest my chin on Dad Alex's shoulder and look over his shoulder at Dad Fox. Dad Fox will more than likely miss my wedding. Today and Christmas may be the last time I see him again for months. I still don't know what happened to him over the past four weeks while those maniacs held us captive.


Nicky's POV
December 24

"No way, Father, I'm not doing it!" I say firmly, trying to stand up to him. I'm mad after finding out that I was a product of rape.

My Father calmly pours himself a drink. "Nicolas, don't speak to me in that tone of voice. You're my only son and I expect you to stand up for me."

"The only reason I'm your son is because you raped Dad Alex! How could you do such a thing?"

"That's not how it happened. Alexei promised he'd bear my child first. When I impregnated him wasn't capable of making his own decisions—"

"Then you should have waited? Dammit you raped him!"

"No. I. Did. Not!" he punctuates each word. "You will speak to me with respect! You will not use foul language in my presence! Understand, Nicolas?"

I feel lightheaded under my dad's penetrating stare. "Yes," I say weakly.

"Alexei was already pregnant with your sister. I wanted him to be carrying my child, too." Father Nikolai touches my cheek. "I'm not sorry for my decision. You wouldn't be here if I had waited."

"It doesn't feel right—"

"It's in the past, son. Let's focus on the future." Father Nikolai hands me a small box. "This is the ring I had made for River. I want you to hold onto it until the wedding."

"Yes, Father," I sigh. Someday I'll find the strength to stand up to him.


River's POV
December 26

My hand trembles as Nikolai slips the ring on my finger. In the last two days I've come to think of him as Nikolai, no longer Tsar Nikolai. We're both dressed in black tuxedos surrounded by our family and friends. I smile nervously at Dad Alex. He's my best man. My brother Nicky is Nikolai's best man. I only half hear the minister's words as I slip the ring on Nikolai's finger. My only regret is that Dad Fox wasn't able to stay awake long enough to attend my wedding and I won't be able to say goodbye to him when I leave for Russia with my new husband.

I look into Nikolai's midnight eyes as he leans down and kisses me. "I can't believe you're mine, River."

I touch his face and look deeper into his eyes. "And you're mine now too, Nikolai, remember that, I won't tolerate you looking at another man."

"Are you going to be this bossy—"

I kiss him, taking his breath away. I release all my pent-up passions in that kiss as I push my tongue past his lips caressing the inside of his mouth. When I end it, he's putty in my hands and I tell him seriously. "I can give you all the love you've ever dreamed of, Nikolai. But if you ever betray our marriage vows then I'll leave you. You won't get a second chance. Commitment and respect is all that I ask from you. And don't worry, Husband, I have no intention of bossing you around."

"River, moi love, how can I possibly think of another man when I have you?"

Dad Alex clears his throat and shakes Tsar Slava's hand. "Nikolai, take good care of my son." He then turns to me and hugs and kisses me. "River, if you ever need anything call me immediately."

Dad Walter steps forward and hugs me. "River, we expect you to visit us often."

I smile at him. "Dad, don't worry, you'll not going to get rid of me that easily. I'll be moving back home during my pregnancies."

"Your dads and I will always be here for you, son." He kisses my cheek then turns to my husband and shakes his hand. "Tsar Nikolai, congratulations."

"King Walter, thank you for hosting our wedding."

"It was my pleasure."

I take his hand and lead him through our guests to the banquet hall. "Nikolai, I hope you're hungry, my dads' Chef and his assistants prepared a feast for us," I say as we stand outside to greet our guests as they enter.

"River, I'm hungry, but not for food."

Nikolai's hand caresses my butt. I shudder, grabbing his hand and holding it still as I glare at him. "Do you mind? We're in public," I whisper.

"We're married, moi love. Look at your dads. They aren't bashful about displaying their love in public."

I look across the banquet hall where Dad Walter is at the buffet table feeding Dad Alex a shrimp. His hand is in my Dad Alex's back pocket.

"They've had lots of practice...this is new for me."

"Then maybe we should start practicing. Come dance with me, River."

He leads me out onto the dance floor then pulls me against his chest. I look up at him as we sway to the music. His hard bulge presses against my lower belly. It feels massive. Am I going to find the courage to allow him to penetrate me?

"May we cut in?" Rory MacIver asks, stealing me away from Nikolai, leaving Shinji to dance with him.

"How are you holding up, Lad?"

"Fine, Rory. I'm a bit nervous."

"It's understandable. Not only have you gotten married, but you'll be moving away from your family and friends."

"I hope I'm not making a mistake."

"You'll be fine. Shin and I will come and visit you once you're settled in at the Winter Palace. Shin wants to see where his Uncle spent a year of his life."

Rory spins me and pulls me back in his arms. I can't help laughing. He's really a good dancer. "Nikolai told me he had Mr. Izumi's old studio fixed up for my use. He says it still has some of his unfinished works. Maybe Shinji can find something to remember his Uncle by." Masataka Izumi taught me how to paint. It was a sad day when he passed away. He was only sixty-five. Mr. Izumi was out walking along the cliffs when the soil gave way and he fell into the ocean. It had been raining for several days and the ocean was rough. So it was days before his body was found.

"Rory, you're hogging River," Gabriel Hunter says, pulling me gently away from Rory as the band plays a slow song. I glance over at Nikolai. He's dancing with Ari Summer.

"You're looking beautiful, River. The Tsar is one lucky man."

"Thank you, Gabriel. Where are Hans and Melvin?"

"They're feeding our kids in the far corner."

"I glance over to where he indicates and see over a dozen children from age one to sixteen.

"I think Hans has finally decided to take a rest for the next six years," Gabriel chuckles.

"God, I'm scared to death about having even one baby. My dad's were in so much pain each time."

"When the time comes, River, I'm sure you'll be just as brave as your dads."

"I'm not sure I'll ever be that brave."

Nikolai shows up at our side as the music ends. "Agent Hunter, how have you been?"

"Good." He smiles. "Tsar Nikolai, congratulations," he says, shaking Nikolai's hand then turns to me. "River, take care of yourself and stop by and visit us next time you're at the Palace."

I watch Gabriel head over to his family. I glance around the crowded hall, and sadly realizing all the friends I'll be leaving behind. Did I make a mistake?

"Are you hungry?" Nikolai asks.

"Yes, and thirsty." We wander over to the buffet table. My Russian sisters...no I can't call them that any longer, not when I'm married to their father. I can't even call Nicky my brother any longer either. It just wouldn't seem right. Nikolai's daughters are chatting while picking at the vegetable tray. They look at me and giggle.

"River, are you nervous about fulfilling your marriage duties tonight?" Anatasja asks lightly, sucking suggestively on a celery stick. All the Czarinas giggle, making me blush.

Oh great, they're all picturing me with their dad's dick up my butt. How embarrassing is that? It suddenly feels very hot in here.

"Girls, please stop, you're upsetting River," Nikolai says firmly.

"Sorry, Father. We'll be good." Anatasja winks at me and kisses her father on the cheek. She and her sisters finish filling their plates, then go to join my sisters at one of the tables.

"It's going to be okay, River. We'll take it slow."

"Promise?"

"Yes, I promise."

The rest of the evening passes quickly—too quickly. Before I know it I'm in the elevator with Nikolai heading up to his—our apartment. He takes my hand and walks me down the hallway to his bedroom. It all seems like one strange dream as Nikolai closes the door then goes to sit on the bed.

"Moi River, undress for me."

I lick my lips anxiously, looking for a way out. "Why don't you undress for me?" I ask, stalling.

Nikolai levels me a long calculating look before standing and slowly stripping out of his tuxedo. He tosses the articles of clothing over a chair. I watch with apprehension as each item is removed. Okay, I'm even more distressed as he peels off his silk boxers and I see how large he is. I've painted nudes before and none of the men came close to the Tsar in size. My own six-inch dick seems embarrassingly small by comparison.

"River, I'm not going to hurt you," he says, walking slowly across the room to stand in front of me. He places his hands on my shoulders, then caress up and down my arms. "You're trembling."

"You're huge—"

"Maybe this is too soon...you're too tense. I keep forgetting that you're a virgin. We'll need to spend some time preparing you to handle my size." Nikolai smiles gently and uses his powers to remove my clothing. He takes my hand. "Come, moi beautiful lover, let's share a shower."

I go with him reluctantly. My stomach is doing flips...I think I might become physically ill. Everything seems surreal. The tile under my feet is cool. I glance into the mirror over the sinks. Is that frightened, naked man staring back really me?

"Do you see how beautiful you are?" he whispers huskily in my ear as his nails scrape over my nipples.

I tear my eyes away from my image. "I feel so strange."

He smiles at me then turns on the water in the shower. "It will pass, River."

The shower is a nice size, plenty of room for two men. The water revives me a little. Nikolai uses his hands to smooth shower gel over my body as he explores every inch of me. He kneels in front of me and takes my penis into his mouth. A moan escapes my lips as blood rushes to my dick, expanding it. "Oh God." It feels so good. I tense as his hands grab my buttocks and his fingers strokes up and down my crease. I feel a slight pressure against my anus—then it is withdrawn.

Nikolai sucks my penis harder. It's more stimulation than I can handle. My fingers lace through his hair and I am coming. When I come back to myself I realize that his thick finger is inside me. I still have my fingers woven in his hair as he slowly fucks me with his finger. It feels weird but not unpleasant. He touches something inside me that shoots pleasure from my toes up to the tip of my nose.

"Ooohh."

"Hmm, like that?" He grins up at me.

I nod, my voice failing me.

"River, I'm going to insert a small butt-plug into you. It will hurt a little at first." He holds up his hand and an object magically appears in it. The object is tapered at the top with its thickest part about two inches in circumference and it has a knobbed end. A slick coating of lubricant covers it.

I swallow as he withdraws his finger and replaces it with the plug. It hurt more than a little as it spreads open my anus. My muscles closed around the smaller part holding it inside. The burning vanishes as my body becomes accustom to the intruder.

"How does that feel?"

"Weird."

"It doesn't hurt?"

"It did...but not now."

"I'll replace it with a larger one in a few hours. Then I'll give you an enema and insert an even larger plug. By tomorrow you should be ready to perform you duties as my mate." Nikolai stands and pulls me into a hug. "Let's go to bed, moi little rabbit, I want to hold you in my arms."

I grab a towel to dry myself, but Nikolai takes it from me.

"Let me do that for you."

He dries me so tenderly. It's hard to imagine that he's the same man who did such awful things to my dads.

"Get into bed, moi love. I'll join you shortly."

I walk out of the bedroom and over to the bed. The plug rubs against something inside me, sending a jolt of delight through me. I pause and sigh, placing a hand just above my groin. God, that felt good. I pull the blankets down then go in search of my underwear and pajamas. Most of my belongings were packed up and sent to Russia yesterday. Our servants were supposed to have moved my clothes down to Nikolai's room this afternoon.

"River, what are you doing?"

I look up from the dresser drawer. "I'm looking for my pajamas—"

Nikolai's laughter startles me. "You are too cute, moi rabbit. In our bed there will be no need for pajamas."

"What about in the morning? I can't walk around nude—what would the servants say?"

"Your dressing gown is hanging next to mine in the bathroom. Now come to bed."

He tucks me under the covers then climbs in beside me, pulling me into his arms. He kisses me while playing with the plug in my ass, twisting it, until my penis is erect again and dripping precum. Ignoring his own need, Nikolai jerks me off, bringing me to another orgasm. I fall into a sated sleep with my head resting on his shoulder.

I wake some time later and roll onto my back. Gasping as the plug pushes further into me. It feels much larger than it did earlier.

Nikolai turns on his side and his arm drapes over my chest. "I switched the smaller plug with a larger one while you were sleeping." The voice of his new lover rumbled deeply. "Can you feel how much deeper it is inside of you?"

"Yes...it feels so good." I am surprised how much I enjoy the penetration. Maybe being fucked won't be that bad.

"You're an immortal, River. Immortals are sexual creatures. I'm surprised you've been able to resist the urges of your body this long—"

"I haven't been an immortal that long. It's only been a little over a month, and for three of those weeks, I was locked in a cell with my brothers. Besides I won't complete the change until I develop my womb."

His hand caresses my belly. "And you will give me lots of children."

"Yes. And you will honor our marriage contract by allowing me to return to my dads while I'm pregnant."

"River, I will honor our contract. I don't want what happened between Alexei and me to happen to us." He kisses my forehead. "Now go to sleep."


It feels weird to move around our apartment with the large plug in my butt. This morning Nikolai gave me an enema and replaced the three-inch plug with one that was five inches in circumference and eight inches deep. It hurt like a bitch at first, now it's a gentle throbbing. I'm actually starting to anticipate being fucked by him.

I smooth a hand over the soft velvet robe as I gaze out at the snow. The room is lit brightly with sunshine.

A servant wheels a cart into the dining room. Nikolai follows him into the room. "I had the chef make your favorite breakfast for us."

"How did you know?" I ask, looking at the plates with grits covered in honey and butter, eggs over easy, hickory smoked bacon, toast, and large cinnamon rolls. I'm so hungry, and not just for breakfast.

"King Walter told me. I never had grits before," Nikolai says, sitting down at the table.

I sit carefully in the chair next to his. The plug is pushed deeper inside me and I move on the chair until I'm comfortable. He smiles at my squirming.

"Coffee, moi love?"

"Yes, thank you."

"I'm going to miss them so much," I say, placing a cinnamon bun on my plate.

"We'll come back often so you can visit them."

"I'd like that."

We spend breakfast talking about Russia and St. Petersburg. I'm anxious to see my new home. I want to visit the village where my mother was born. I nibble on the last piece of bacon.

"I think you're ready for me," Nikolai says suddenly, setting his napkin down.

I feel a flutter of excitement in my belly. "I think you're right."

"Come. Let's return to our bed."

We get back to our room he takes the robe from me. Then proceeds to kiss the breath from my body. His hand grasps the knob of the plug, which he pulls out then pushes back in. He slowly works it in and out of my body. I'm moaning with pleasure as he nips and sucks on my nipple. I want him so bad.

"Moi love, I'm going to teach you so many things," he murmurs, removing the plug completely and lowering me down on the bed. He climbs between my thighs.

"Place your legs on my shoulders."

I chew on my lower lip as I comply. I watch him intently as he positions his large cockhead against my small opening. The pain is intense as he pushes inside. He's much bigger than the plug. I have tears streaming down my cheeks as he continues to push into me. "Oh God, stop, it hurts."

"Relax, little rabbit, it will pass once you adjust to my size."

He doesn't stop until he's fully seated in my ass. I'm breathing through my mouth as my fingers clutch the bedcovers. He waits for my breathing to slow and the pain to subside on my face, before pulling out then thrusting back in. It still burns, but the sensation of fullness couple with him rubbing against the pleasure spot in my ass has me pushing up to meet his thrusts.

Nikolai leans over me and licks the tears from my face. "You're so beautiful this way." His hand wraps around my erection and he jerks me off in time with his thrusts.

Nikolai comes before me and the sensation of his come shooting into my bowels is more then I can handle and I follow him over the precipice. He lays next to me and pulls me into his arms. "That was remarkable, River. We'll have to see that you're kept loose and ready for me for a while. Once you're used to being fucked by me, then we'll allow you to tighten up again."

"So I'm going to have to wear the butt-plug for a while?"

"I don't think it will be for that long. You're an immortal. I expect your body will be welcoming my cock inside it in no time."

From how horny I've felt since Nikolai first touched me, I have no doubt that he's right.


River's POV
December 28

I sit on the bed and gazing fondly at my Dad Fox. I want to keep this memory a long time, because it will be months before I see him again.

"River, are you ready to go?" Dad Walter asks. He's escorting me downstairs where my husband is waiting to take me to the airport.

I lean down and kiss Dad Fox on the lips then stand. Dad Alex is waiting by the bedroom door. He hugs me when I walk up to him.

"River, take care of yourself. Call us if you need anything."

"Thanks, Dad. Are you going to come to the Czarina's wedding in May?" I ask, hoping he's changed his mind.

"Maybe. I'm not promising anything."

I smile. At least he didn't say no this time. "Bye." I kiss him quickly.

Dad Walter places his hand on my back and guides me out the door. I glance sadly one last time at Dad Alex as he walks over to the bed.

"It seems unreal that I'm married and leaving home," I say.

"You'll be fine, son." Dad Walter takes my hand as we walk to the elevator.

We step inside and ride it down to my new life.


Chapter 5 - Valentine's Day

Deep Space
Planet Empyrean

King Xowolfe's POV

The lilting sound of children singing fills the air with an uplifting spirit of renewal. It is the sweetest sound on all of Empyrean. I watch the newly married couple dancing overhead. Their wings fluttering gracefully as they twirl around each other's body. This is the first female and male seraphim to be married in thousands of years, and I wanted the ceremony to be steeped with tradition.

I search the room until I find the five human immortals that have been a part of my world for over sixteen of their Earth years. Each immortal is in different stages of pregnancy. The five beauties have been pregnant constantly these sixteen years. After each birth, with their next cycle, whether it's a day or a month, they are impregnated again. Once our race is out of danger of extinction I will rescind the order that requires them to be always with child.

The young couple being married is Xochipilli's and Xoric's sixteen-year-old son, and Xolid's and Xoned's fifteen-year-old daughter.

I allowed the human immortals to regain their memories of Earth once they were committed to their lives here. Xoric, formally Ricardo Montoya of Brazil, and Xolid, formally Khalid Kirah of Egypt, no longer wish to return to their world. Their children and mates have come to mean more to them than their former life on that primitive planet.

My fleet will soon reach Earth. Once there, a portal will be set up on the command ship, so I can transport back and forth. Then it will not be long before I can claim my mate from among the humans.

I think constantly about Xofox. His beauty haunts my dreams. I yearn to feel him in my arms and to kiss his warm flesh. To be able to gaze into his deep hazel eyes and to feel the tightness of his orifice around my shaft as we mate. To have his body curled up beside mine on our bed.

The time has come to set my plans in motion for ending the relationship between my Xofox and his human mates, so when I claim him, he will not be moaning their loss. I look past the dancers toward the heavens, toward Earth. My beloved, Xofox, we will soon be dancing on the clouds and the memories of your current life will become a distant memory.


Crystal Palace
Sunday, January 14, 2018

Krycek's POV

The kitchen floor is hard beneath my knees as I kneel on all fours, wiping up the sloppy mess of oatmeal and a broken bowl. I look up at Arman who is giggling at me from his booster chair; his little feet are kicking the bottom of the table, making an annoying noise. It is times like this that I wish Fox were awake. He has a knack with little kids more so than I do, especially with bratty three-year-olds.

"You're not getting anything else to eat until lunch, Mani," I say, tossing the broken bowl and wet paper towels into the trash.

"I want Capt'n Crunch, not poopy mush." Arman sticks his bottom lip out in a pout.

"I decide what you eat for breakfast, and since you dumped it on the floor you get nothing. Now go sit in the corner and think about what you did wrong." I am not about to back down, no matter how much his pouting reminds me of Fox, right down to that adorable mole on his cheek.

"I hungry, Daddy."

"You should have thought of that before you threw your breakfast on the floor." I lift him out of his booster chair and carry him over to the chair in the corner. "Now sit there and be quiet."

"Daddy, my leg hurts."

I look down at his sad face then kneel beside him, pulling up the leg of his sweatpants. The skin around the anti-power cuff is swollen. He's been wearing it for two weeks now without a problem.

"Alex, what did my baby boy do now?" Walter says, walking into the kitchen and over to the coffeepot.

"He decided to feed his oatmeal to the floor." I frown looking at the swollen ankle, pulling the key to the cuff from the chain I wear around my neck I unlock it and transfer the cuff to the other ankle. Then I use my powers to heal our son's ankle. To Arman's delight, I kiss his tiny foot.

He laughs and throws his arms around my neck. "I love you, Daddy. I sorry, I a bad boy."

I sigh. The little brat is just like Fox, how can I possibly discipline him? I scoop him up in my arms and hug him. "C'mon, Mani, I'll fix you a bowl of Captain Crunch."

Walter carries his coffee to the table and sits. "I'm going to review the plans for the care facility. Do you want to come along with me to meet with the architects?" he says.

The care facility is the institution we are having built for Fox's six hundred and fifty daughters. "Sure. Were you able to find enough land on the island?" I ask.

"Alex, I decided to have the facility built outside of Baltimore."

"Walter, we discussed this a week ago. We both agreed it would be best for Fox if his new daughters were on the island. Why did you change your mind?"

"Our kids. Fox's time is already stretched too thin. He couldn't possibly take care of Mani and our other children if he starts spending time with these new babies."

I see Walter's point. Fox does tend to become too easily attached. "I guess you're right. With us both pregnant again it wouldn't do for Fox to become devoted to these new baby girls."

Walter reaches across the table and takes hold of my hand. "Alex, I was serious last night. I think we should get married."

"Walter, we're brothers."

"We're only half brothers. We never even met until we were adults. It's not as if we grew up together, and besides, when you changed into an immortal it altered your genetic makeup. You're no more my brother now than Fox is."

I look into his earnest brown eyes. "Does it really mean that much to you?"

"Yes. Alex, we're both married to Fox and I want that type of commitment for our relationship, too."

I'm touched by his sincerity. "Okay, if it makes you happy."

"What married, Daddy?"

I didn't think Arman was paying attention he was so engrossed in eating his cereal.

Walter smiles at the boy and tries to explain. "When two people love each other as much as your Daddy Alex and I love each other, we express it publicly by getting married. Then everyone will know that we belong together forever."

Arman face turns thoughtful as he thinks about what Walter told him. "Oh, okay."

I smile at him and brush my fingers through his hair. "Finish your breakfast, Mani."


One week later
Crystal Palace
Monday, January 22, 2018

Skinner's POV

I walk into the guest bedroom where we have moved Fox. Hunter, Angelique, and Aleksandra are sitting on the bed reading. Fox is sleeping peacefully, looking incredibly beautiful as always. He should be waking up any day now.

"Do you really think he can hear you?" I ask, walking up to the bed. I lean down and kiss Fox softly on the lips.

Hunter glares at me and the girls refuse to look at me. I wonder what I've done now to earn their disdain. Teenagers!

"Do you all have a problem with me?"

Hunter speaks up, his green eyes flashing with anger. "I do. I don't see why you moved Dad Fox out of his bedroom and into the guestroom."

"I thought it would be more comfortable for him here than in our bed." I am not about to tell Hunter the truth -- that Alex and I have been getting more physical while having sex and Fox was in the way.

"Yeah right, that's believable," Hunter says, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Keep reading!" Arman's voice sounds from beneath the covers.

I didn't even notice the lump curled up next to Fox with our three teenagers on the bed.

"Mani, we will as soon as Dad Walter leaves," Aleksandra says.

Arman crawls out from under the covers. His soft chestnut-colored hair is sticking out in every direction. He climbs over Fox and stands up on the bed frowning at me with his arms folded across his chest. I sigh, not him too.

"When I King, I marry Daddy Fox," he says, looking up at me challengingly.

I can't help but laugh as I scoop him up in my arms and hug him. "You can't marry Daddy Fox it's against the law."

"But I love him like you love Daddy Alex."

"No. It's a different kind of love, Mani. You love Daddy Fox as only a son can love his birth mother. You'll realize that as you grow older."

"But I wanna marry him!"

"Too bad, he's already my husband and I'm not sharing." I kiss Arman's nose. He is so cute when he tries to act tough. "C'mon, I'll make you stuffed French toast." I look at the other kids. "Do you want to come along?"

"No, Dad, we're staying here," Alek says.


Four Days Later
Crystal Palace
Friday, January 26, 2018

Mulder's POV

I open my eyes to darkness. My mind tries to comprehend where I am. I feel the softness of a mattress beneath me, but I don't hear the sounds of Walter or Alex sleeping beside me. I'm alone. Then I realize that the angle of the bed seems wrong. I glance around as my eyes become accustomed to the darkness. This isn't our bedroom.

"Oh God." Something must have happened while I was asleep. I stumble out of bed and turn on the light. I'm in one of the guestrooms. I don't bother to look for something to wear as I rush out the door. The plush carpeting cushions the soles of my feet as I race through the hallways.

My heart is beating fast as I finally reach our bedroom. I charge through the doorway and flip on the overhead light. I heave a heavy sigh of relief as my eyes fall upon Walter and Alex sleeping peacefully in each other's arms. Walter stirs and peers at me through heavy lids.

"You're awake," he murmurs, shielding his eyes against the harsh light.

"Yeah."

"Good." He rolls over on his side and cuddles closer to Alex. "Fox, would you turn off the overhead light? I'd like to get some more sleep."

I stare bewildered at his back for a few seconds then flip off the light switch and make my way blindly toward my closet. Stepping inside, I flip on the light and close the door. I go to sit on the low dresser and brush at the tears slipping down my cheeks. After waking up alone, panicking, thinking that he and Alex might be hurt or worse, I'm stunned that he didn't seem happy to see me. Why did they move me to a guestroom?

Standing, I start to dress, pulling on my faded jeans, a T-shirt, and a sweater. My stomach growls, I'm starving, like I always am after a month's long sleep. I'm not really in the mood to eat. After tying my shoes, I step out of the closet and pause by the bed, staring down at my lovers. Maybe I'm making too much out of this. I'm sure there is a good reason for them moving me to a guestroom.

I walk across the hall to Arman's room. The light is on and he is up playing with his cars and trucks.

"DADDY!" he squeals, jumping to his feet, he throws himself into my arms.

I hug him happily, holding the warm, small body close and breathing in his scent. "I love you, baby."

"I love you, Daddy!"

I smile. "What are you doing up?" It was only five o'clock in the morning.

"I not tired."

I look around the messy bedroom. "When was the last time anyone cleaned in here?" Our servants are supposed to clean the younger children's bedrooms daily.

"Mark cleaned yesterday."

"Remind me to give Mark a raise," I say, looking at the mess Arman has made of his room in less than a day.

"Daddy, I hungry."

"What would you like to eat?"

"Coco wheats, please!"

I smile at him. My spirits are lifted. "Okay, let's go to the kitchen."

Twenty minutes later, I'm scooping up the hot cereal into two bowls as Sergei and Kaylie rush into the room.

"Dad, we sensed you were up!" Sergei hugs me, lifting me off my feet. The boy is as strong as an ox.

Kaylie gives me a peck on the mouth. "Dad, we're so happy you're awake. How are you feeling?" she asks.

"Fine. How has everyone been?"

"We've been okay. It's been rather boring without you around," Sergei says. He's eyeing one of the steaming bowls of cereal.

"Would you both like some coco wheats?"

"Yes." They smile.

"Go sit down with Mani and I'll put some more on." I carry the bowls over to the table, placing one in front of Arman and the other in front of Kaylie. Sergei wouldn't be satisfied with such a small portion. I usually have to fix him three times as much as the other kids. Luckily, Jacques prepares lunch and dinner. Otherwise I'd never get anything done. I'm about to fill the pan back up with milk when Hunter, Nicky, and Gawain enter the kitchen. I smile at them as I reach for a larger pan.

My only son missing is River. I sigh as I remember that he's married and living in Russia with Slava. I'm wondering how his wedding went as Hunter hugs me.

"Dad, I'm sorry. I wanted to be with you when you woke up," Hunter says.

"Me too. We were taking turns sitting with you," Nicky says.

I sadly touch the side of their faces. At least they cared. "It's all right. Do you know why your Dads moved me to the guestroom?"

Hunter looks down. "No. Not really."

"I'm sure they had a good reason," I say softly, not sure I'm going to like it, whatever it is. "I'm fixing coco wheats for breakfast, unless you'd like something else?"

"No. I love your coco wheats," Gawain says. "Can I help you, Dad?"

"Yes, why don't you make a fresh pitcher of orange juice."

I'm scooping up four more bowls when the twins and triplets come into the kitchen.

"Daddy, you're awake!" Morgan squeals. Her and her sisters run to my side.

I kneel and hug each of them. "Alina, have you written any new poems?"

"Yes. I'll show you after breakfast, Daddy."

"How did your science project go, Kira?" I ask.

"I got a B+. I would have gotten an A, but the robot tipped over and couldn't get back up on its own."

"Did Dad Walter help you figure out how to correct that problem?" I ask, knowing Walter like I do, he would have spent hours with her until they figured it out.

"Yes. Next year, I'm going to build a larger robot with learning capabilities," Kira says.

I smile and kiss her cheek. Kira is just like Walter while her twin sister, Nadia, is more like Alex. "That's good. Sit at the table, I'm making breakfast."

I make them cereal then sit at the table and listen to their conversations while glancing around the new breakfast room. The tall windows look out over the island where the sun is just starting to cast a glow on the horizon just before it rises. Being in the company of my children is having a calming effect on me. I lower my hand to rest it on my stomach, wondering if I'll be having a boy or a girl this time.

My five older daughters finally show up in the kitchen carrying presents.

"What's this?" I ask as they set the gifts in front of me, each kissing my cheek.

"We made you some things," Faith says.

"Why?"

"Because we love you and want you to be happy," Summer says.

"How can I not be happy with daughters..." I look around the table at the boys. "...and sons like you?"

Angelique rests her head against mine. "We didn't have time to show you how much we loved you, Dad. After you got back you fell asleep. We know those men hurt you...." She sniffs as tears fall down her cheeks.

I feel tears rising in my eyes as I hug her. "I'm fine, Angel. Don't cry, let's see what you made me." I pick up the top present and open the card. It is homemade with colored construction paper and sparkles and has all the kid's names signed on it, including River's.

"Kira and I made the card, Dad," Nadia says.

"It's beautiful." I open the gift. Inside is a photo album with pictures of River's wedding and the party afterwards. I smile as I read the hand written captions next to each of the photos. River looks so happy standing between Alex and Walter.

"Has anyone talked to River since he moved to Russia?" I ask. I have to call River and find out how he's doing.

"I received an email from him two days ago," Hope says. "He's still not used to living in St. Petersburg and he misses everyone here. But he says he's happy."

"Thanks, Hope." I pray that River is truly happy and that Slava is treating him okay. I pick up the next present and open the card.

"DADDY, I MADE THAT!" Arman shouts, clapping his hands excitedly. The other kids laugh.

"Wow, and I thought River was the artist in the family." The card has globs of glue all over it and the most obnoxious color combinations. I wonder if Arman might be colorblind.

Inside the box are sixteen notebooks with each kid's name on the cover, including River's. His notebook was filled with laser prints that have his email address at the top.

"We each kept a journal while you were sleeping."

I smile happily, flipping through Sergei's journal. "This is wonderful. Now I'll know what everyone was doing and thinking this past month." I look across the table at my eldest son. "There's nothing in here that will make me blush is there, Sergei?"

"Make you blush, Dad?" Sergei smirks. "I don't think that's possible. Uncle Melvin told me all about the videotape collection you had before the mutations."

I chuckle. "Remind me to have a chat with your Uncle Melvin later."

"Dad, can I get you a cup of coffee?" Faith says. She has taken the time while I was opening the gifts to start the coffeemaker.

"Yes, Faith. Thanks." There is one gift left and I wonder what it could be as I accept the mug of hot coffee from my daughter.


Krycek's POV

I come slowly awake to Walter's strong arms holding me. I look at him and smile. "Morning. I'm surprised Mani isn't in here demanding breakfast."

Walter smiles back at me. He stretches and yawns. "I think Fox must be taking care of him."

"Fox is awake?"

"Yeah, he came in here a couple hours ago."

"Why didn't you wake me?" I climb out of bed and rush up the steps to the bathroom.

"We both needed our sleep after last night," Walter says, following me up the steps.

"How was Fox? Did he seem okay?"

Walter joins me in the shower. "He seemed fine."

I breathe a sigh of relief. "Good. I was worried he'd be upset that we moved him to the guestroom."

"After Fox finds out you accidentally gave him a black eye and bloody lip, he'll understand why we moved him."

Walter starts washing my back. I purr contentedly. "When do you want to tell Fox about the care facility we're building for his daughters?"

"Let's wait until after our wedding."

"Why? Fox is going to want to know."

"You know how Fox gets. I don't want his sulking to interfere with our wedding. It's only three weeks, Alex."

"I don't like lying to him--"

"It's not lying if the subject doesn't come up."

I sigh. "Okay, Walter. We'll avoid the subject until after our wedding. With us taking a five-day vacation starting tomorrow, it should help us avoid it."

We finish showering then dress and head down to the kitchen. The sound of laughter drifts down the hall. I'm surprised to see that all of our children are up and gathered around Fox. He is opening a gift-wrapped present.

"You're having a party and we weren't invited?" I say.

Hunter gives me a look of annoyance. His green eyes flash with apparent anger. "We aren't having a party. We wanted to do something special for Dad Fox when he woke up--alone."

That hurt. Hunter can cut right to the bone with his barbs. Yeah, he's definitely my son.

Fox looks up at us, and smiles. "I trust you both slept pleasantly?"

Walter and I return his smile as we cross the space to his side.

"Yes, we did. I'm glad you're finally awake," Walter says, leaning down and kissing Fox on the lips.

"Fox, we really missed you." I bend and kiss him.

"You couldn't have missed me that much, considering I woke up in the guest bedroom."

"There's a good reason we moved you," I say.

Fox sits back and looks at us. "I'm waiting, Alex."

"We can't tell you in front of the kids."

"Daddy, open present!" Arman is squirming around on his chair impatiently.

"Okay, Mani," Fox says, lifting the lid off the box. A smile lights up his beautiful face as he pulls out an eight-inch by ten-inch piece of color construction paper. It has a picture of Summer on it with a handwritten poem pasted next to it. The thick paper is decorated with cut out paper flowers and a stamped pattern.

I peer inside the box. There is a stack of different color papers with each of the kid's photo accompanied with a poem about their feelings for Fox.

"That's beautiful kids," I say.

"Yeah, very nice," Walter says, taking the one with Summer's photo from Fox and reading it. "We should get these framed."

"No. I think I want them bound in a book, so I can carry them with me," Fox says.

Walter places the construction paper back in the box. He combs his fingers through Fox's hair. "Fox, Alex and I are going to be taking a vacation to Washington D.C. and New York starting tomorrow until Wednesday."

"You're leaving after I just woke up?"

I cringe at the hurt in Fox's voice. "Maybe we can postpone our trip, Walter."

"Alex, I've already set up the appointments, but--"

Fox sighs. "It's okay. I don't want you to cancel your vacation for me."

Walter is visibly relieved. "Fox, we'll make time for you after we get back. Alex and I have decided to get married and we'd like to spend some time alone together," he says.

"Congratulations," Fox says, "When's the wedding?"

"Valentine's day."

Fox looks confused. "I don't even know what today is."

"It's Friday the 26th of January," Walter says.

"Well, I'm happy for both of you. If I don't see you and Alex before you leave, I hope you have a nice vacation."

"We're not leaving until tomorrow morning," I say, feeling even guiltier at the hurt in his eyes.

Fox stacks the boxes, looks at our children, and smiles softly. "Thanks. I'm going to be in my office reading your journals."

"I go with you, Daddy," Arman says, climbing off his chair.

"Me too!" Regan says.

"Me three!" Alina and Morgan say.

I feel sad watching him leave. We should cancel our trip or take him with us.

Walter hugs me. "He'll be fine, Alex. This time is for us. We'll spoil him after we get back. C'mon, we need to get downstairs."

"You're both such selfish jerks!" Hunter says, glaring angrily at us, then storming out of the kitchen. Our sons and daughters all follow quietly giving us accusing looks as they leave the room.

"What did we do?" I ask, not quite sure where their anger is coming from.

"They're teenagers, Alex. Most teenagers are irrational."


Skinner's POV

I glance over at Alex. He's talking with General Macky in the doorway of my conference room. The General is puffing on one of his smelly cigars.

Alex and I spent the day in meetings and overseeing the running of our Kingdom. Since I returned, Alex has spent a lot time with me learning what is required to rule in my absence. He even quit his job at the FBI to be with me. That decision was painful for him to make, since it meant leaving Fox on his own in the bureau.

"King Walter, I hear that Prince Fox is finally awake," General Kline says.

"Yes."

"I'm surprised that you and Prince Alex didn't take the day off to be with him."

"We couldn't, Clay. I needed to approve the funds for the new space station before we leave tomorrow. Plus I wanted to hear what Professor Douglas had to say about the deployment of the deep space satellites."

"It seems a shame that you weren't able to spend anytime with Prince Fox before leaving on your vacation."

"Clay, can you keep an eye on him and the children while we're gone?" I do feel guilty for brushing Fox off this morning. I intend to make it up to him tonight.

The servants enter the room and start clearing the plates and leftover food off the conference table. I regret that we weren't able to have dinner with Fox and the kids tonight.

I walk over to Alex, who is standing alone by the door waiting for me. I wrap my arm around his waist. "Alex, let's go home."

Alex sighs. "It's about time." He sniffs his clothes. "I could use a shower. I wish you'd ban smoking in the conference room."

"Sorry, babe. My generals and staff all like to smoke. It keeps them happy during some of the longer meetings." We stroll across the throne room over to the elevators in the foyer.

We arrive in our apartment and head straight for our bedroom. Fox isn't in the room. He must be putting the younger kids to bed. He usually spends time telling the triplets and Arman bedtime stories. I strip and follow Alex up to the shower.

He is particularly beautiful this evening. Pregnancy seems to bring out a special glow in both him and Fox.

"What are you smiling about?" Alex asks.

"How lucky I am. You look gorgeous tonight." I pull his hard naked body against mine as we stand under the spray of the shower. I kiss him hard, pushing him up against the shower wall. Alex pushes back and soon has me pinned against the opposite wall as he devours my mouth.

"I want you inside me, Alex." I'm breathless and can barely get the words out.

"Bed," Alex murmurs, fumbling to turn off the shower.

We stumble out of the shower and do a half ass job of drying ourselves as we hurry down the steps, dropping the damp towels on the bedroom floor. I spread my legs and lean up against the bed as Alex prepares me. The first thrust of his cock inside me sends shivers of pleasure down my spine....


Mulder's POV

I open the bedroom door and freeze in the doorway. Walter and Alex are on the bed, having sex. Their backs are to me. I watch as Alex thrusts into Walter's ass. For some reason I feel like a voyeur...like I don't belong here. It's a new feeling for me. Maybe it's from waking up in the guestroom, then finding out that they're taking a vacation together and didn't want me along.

I back out quietly and gently close the door and head back to my office. I'm troubled by how unwanted I'm feeling. This is the first time I've awoken after becoming pregnant without them pampering me. I guess the eighteen-year honeymoon is finally over.

Walter and Alex always had more in common with each other than they had with me. I can't remember the last time that Walter allowed me to top him.

Kicking off my shoes, I lie on my leather sofa and flip on the television. I want to distract myself from these thoughts of self-pity.


Krycek's POV

When I open my eyes, sunlight is blaring through the windows. Walter and I are a tangle of limbs. I glance around for Fox. He isn't in bed with us. Knowing Fox, he's probably up attending to the kids already.

"Walter, wake up." I shake him, we're supposed to be in D.C. by noon.

"Whatimesit," he mutters.

"Ten o'clock. We have just enough time to shower, dress, and pack." I slap his buttock as I climb out of bed.


Mulder's POV

I watch Walter's and Alex's helicopter take off from Ari's balcony. I came down here after Shinji told me that Jason Duffy had passed away two weeks ago. So I didn't see my husbands this morning before they left...not that I thought they'd give a damn.

I lean up against the railing gazing at their helicopter. Ari is inside attending to his two-year-old daughter.

"Mulder, what's wrong? Are you angry with Walter and Alex?" Shinji asks, shivering in the doorway.

Shinji has been my best friend for years. He knows me so well. I shrug my shoulders. "They're more interested in each other than me. I slept in my office last night and they didn't even care."

"That can't be true."

"It is." I watch the helicopter disappear off in the distance. "I still love them, Shin, I just need to get used to the fact that their love for me isn't as strong as their love for each other."

"I think you're making too much out of this. They just decided to finally get married...they have a lot on their minds that's all."

"I suppose you might be right," I say softly. "It was just that yesterday I felt like I was intruding on them."

Ari appears in the doorway. "Mulder, would you get your ass in here. It's freezing outside."

"I didn't notice," I say, stepping back inside.

Ari drapes his arm over my shoulder. "I've made us some hot tea. Don't worry about Walter and Alex, it will work out. If it doesn't you can move in with me," he teases.

I wonder how much of Shinji's and my conversation he overheard. "I'm supposed to be comforting you, Ari. I'm really sorry I wasn't awake to be here for you when Jason passed away."

"I wish you could have been here too, but I had Shinji and Hans to fall back on."

"Do you know what you're going to do?" I ask.

"Continue as I have been. I don't intend to search for a new husband to replace my Jason." Ari smiles at me as he pours us a cup of tea. "There is only one man I would even consider marrying and he's already taken."

I ignore the pass. Ari has been flirting with me for years. "Ari, if you need someone to talk to I'm here for you."

"Thanks, Mulder."


Two Days Later
Crystal Palace
Monday, January 28, 2018

Mulder's POV

"Hi, Mulder."

I look up from the stack of reports I'm going over as Gabriel Hunter enters my FBI office. "Hi, Gabriel."

"It's rather quiet around here since Alex quit," Gabriel says.

I set the folder aside and give him my full attention. Alex never told me he quit. I didn't find out until I showed up at work this morning and found his stuff missing from our office. He must have decided that he preferred working with Walter. "Is there something on your mind?"

"Mulder, I'm worried about you. You can't keep putting yourself under this type of pressure and stress. Now that Alex has quit, maybe you should think about quitting too."

"I'm fine. I haven't been here since Walter, our sons, and I were abducted in December." I glance around my cluttered office. "I can't quit, this job is the only thing I have left that defines who I am outside my family."

"Mulder, you're more important than this job." Gabriel picks up the case file. "Let's face it, you weren't doing too good last time you were working on this case. At least you've put on a some weight since then."

"Gabriel, I'm pregnant...I spent the last month sleeping and regaining the weight I lost." It is one of the affects of an immortal's healing sleep after becoming pregnant. "Besides, I can't jog anymore and I've been forcing myself to eat better...even if I don't feel like it."

I look down at the photographs of twenty-five boys ages six to ten that were abducted from their homes over the past three years. The boys were conceived by using of the stored ovum and their father's sperm. Then they were grown to term in the growth cylinders. "I need to find out who's taking them, Gabriel. Their families are suffering...."

"Mulder, just try to take it easy. If you need help ask. Don't do everything yourself. I'm here for you as are every FBI agent."

I look up at him, feeling not so alone as I had been an hour earlier. "I will. Thanks."


Two Days Later
Crystal Palace
Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Skinner's POV

I watch the island come into view. Alex and I both miss Fox dearly and are looking forward to being home with him.

When we land I scan the palace for him. I frown. Fox doesn't seem to be inside. I scan the island and come up blank.

"Fox isn't on the island," I say.

Alex looks at me with concern. "Where is he?"

I contact General Kline telepathically. *Clay, where's Fox?*

*He's in Philadelphia.*

*What's he doing in Philadelphia?* I'm getting angry. Fox knows he's supposed to talk to me first before he leaves the island.

*Working on a case.*

*How many sorcerers did you send with him?*

*Twenty-four. Gabriel Hunter also accompanied him.*

I relax a little at the news that Gabriel is with him. *When did he leave?*

*Three hours ago.*

I frown. Fox knew we were due back at noon. What could have been so urgent that he couldn't wait three hours?

"Walter, what's going on?" Alex's voice is tinged with panic.

"Fox has gone to Philadelphia on a case."

"Why didn't he call us?"

"I don't know, but I intend to find out." I'm angry, Fox shouldn't be leaving the island without me being with him. Not while he is pregnant with my child. What was he thinking?

Alex and I make it back up to our apartment. Our daughters and their nannies greet us.

"How was your vacation, Dads?" Hope asks.

"It was fun. We missed all of you," Alex says.

"Where's Arman?" I ask.

"He's with Sergei and Kat downstairs visiting Ari," our daughter's nanny says.

"Alex, I'm going to call Fox," I say, heading toward Fox's home office.

"Walter, control your temper," Alex calls after me.


Philadelphia
Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Mulder's POV

I look out the window of the truck as we drive through heart of Philadelphia. The city hasn't changed much in the nineteen years since our world was forever altered. The people have changed. It's still so strange seeing only men on the street. I've gotten used to my life on the island where dozens of females that survived the alien attack took up residence for the protection the island affords them.

Another thing that has changed is the number of Neanderthals still living. Since their life span is less than fifty years, all of those that mutated while in their thirties are now dead. No babies with the n'thral gene have been allowed to be gestated using the growth cylinders.

Gabriel's cell phone rings, pulling me from my thoughts. I know it's Walter. I intentionally left my phone at home. I listen to Gabriel talk quietly to my husband for a couple of minutes before handing me the phone.

"Walter, I hope you and Alex had a nice vacation," I say, trying for pleasant but sounding bitter.

"I told Gabriel to bring you home, but he's refused. He says it's your decision to make." I could hear Walter trying to control his temper. "Fox, you agreed never to leave the island without talking to me first."

"Walter, I didn't want to intrude on your vacation. Besides, if you really gave a damn about me, you would have called me, just once, over the last five days to find out how I was doing." I take a deep breath and ramble on quickly. "Look, I'll be home once I track down some leads on this case. Bye." I disconnect not giving him a chance to continue the argument and toss the cell phone out the window of the truck.

"Mulder, was that necessary?" Gabriel asks.

"You're a sorcerer, you can zap yourself a new phone."

"No, I mean antagonizing Walter. He loves you and is only worried about your safety."

"I've been having my doubts lately whether he really loves me," I say quietly and instantly regret it as movements in the backseat make me aware of the two sorcerers in the truck with us.

"You know he does. Stop making a mountain out of a mole hill." Gabriel stops in front of the warehouse. Five other trucks pull up beside ours.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything. My emotions tend to get overwrought when I'm pregnant." I climb out of the truck, my long black overcoat hugging my body as a cold wind whips around us. I know everyone's eyes are on me as I run my fingers through my long hair. I'm so used to their stares that it no longer bothers me.

"What are we looking for, Mulder?" Gabriel asks.

"Documents...anything that will show us where these boys have been taken and by whom." We enter the warehouse and the men split-up with Gabriel staying close by my side.

"You still amaze me, Mulder. All of the FBI sorcerers and clairvoyants working on this case couldn't come up with a lead this solid."

I smile at him, feeling satisfaction for the first time in months. We start boxing up all the papers and digital media we can find. We're going to take it back to the field office and go through it carefully.


Skinner's POV

I can't believe he hung up on me. Fox can be so selfish at times.

"Walter, did you speak to Fox?" Alex asks from the doorway.

"Yeah. He'll be back as soon as he finishes checking some leads on some case he's working on."

Alex frowns. "I shouldn't have quit the FBI. Fox needs me, what was I thinking?"

"He has Gabriel and two dozen sorcerers to protect him." I place my hands on Alex's shoulders and gaze into his eyes. "Alex, after we were abducted in December, it became clear to me that you were indispensable in taking my place as King. I want you to be able to co-rule with me, and anytime I have to leave for a long period of time, I want you to rule in my stead."

"Walter, what about Fox?"

"What do you mean?"

"If I'm co-ruling with you what about him?"

"I don't think any of my cabinet would take him seriously. Alex, you're more menacing than Fox can ever hope to be." I smile at him. "You scared the hell out of my cabinet in my absence and gained their respect."

"I suppose you're right." Alex sighs, "I was looking forward to Fox being here for us when we got back. It's been weeks since we've made love to him. I can't believe he put his job ahead of us."

"Neither can I."


Philadelphia
Friday, February 2, 2018

Mulder's POV

We found the location of where the boys had been taken in one simple shipping receipt. The location is outside of New America in the deserts of Sedona, Arizona. I nervously hold the phone as I dial Walter's number. I haven't spoken to him since I hung up on him two days ago. I've spoken to our kids and Alex since then, each calling me at my hotel room.

"Fox, are you coming home now?" Walter answers, speaking softly.

"I need to go to Sedona--"

"No. I've allowed you to stay in Philadelphia, but I'm not about to allow you to travel into zones beyond my rule."

"Walter, I--"

"Dammit, Fox, NO! You're pregnant with my child and I'm not allowing you to place our baby in harm's way."

I look out the window and clutch the receiver tighter. He's concerned about the baby I'm carrying. When was the last time he told me or showed me how much he loved me? December after those men raped me. I steel my resolve. "Walter, I've been working on this case for over a year. How can you expect me to stand by and do nothing?"

"Look, Fox, you found them, let the FBI's rescue task force bring them home." Walter sighs, "Babe, come home, I need you here. There's nothing you can do in Sedona that other FBI agents can't do."

I know he's right. I'd probably only be in their way, but I want to be there for those boys. I still don't know why they were taken, so I fear the worse. "Walter, I need to go to Sedona. If you're worried...about our baby, you can come with me."

"Fox, I'm needed here and so are you! I'm ordering my men to bring you back."

"Don't do this, Walter."

"Fox, Mani has been crying for you since yesterday. How can you stay away from him?"

That got my attention as well as my guilt. "Okay, Walter, you win, I'm coming home." I hang up and lay on the bed.


Monday, February 5, 2018

Krycek's POV

Fox has been quiet the last three days, spending long hours in his office on the phone with FBI agents in Sedona. All twenty-five boys have been recovered in excellent health. The men who had taken them wanted sons but were too poor to afford the astronomical prices the reproductive clinics charge for gestating a baby in a growth cylinder. Walter and I are looking into this problem.

I know Fox is relieved. He had feared some sex pervert had taken the boys. I look through the ceiling-to-floor fish aquarium from my home office into Fox's office. I can see him standing in front of the windows looking outside. I don't understand why he's being so quiet and withdrawn.

Walter says he's pouting over not being allowed to go to Sedona. If we leave him alone he'll come to his senses in a few days.

I walk through the tunnel in the aquarium that connects our two offices. Fox is still standing silently staring out his window. I walk behind him and wrap my arms around his lean body. He tenses then relaxes.

"What are you thinking about?" I ask softly.

"About what happened to me in December. I need to deal with it...with them."

I close my eyes and hold him tighter. Walter and I don't want to deal with his six hundred and fifty daughters until after our wedding. "Fox, let's not think about this now. Walter and I will help you deal with them later." I kiss his neck. "It's been weeks since we've made love...."

Fox pulls out of my arms and turns to face me. His eyes flash with anger. "Whose fault is that? You and Walter make me feel like I'm intruding on your private love nest. You never did tell me why you moved me to the guestroom."

I didn't know he felt that way. "We moved you because I accidentally gave you a black eye and a bloody lip when I landed on you during sex. We were worried that we might have hurt the baby." I see the uncertainty in his beautiful chameleon eyes. "Fox, we never meant to make you feel unwanted. Let me make it up to you."

I move closer and tilt my head to kiss him, pausing only a second to read his response. He closes his eyes, lips parting slightly--waiting. I smile as I move in to devour him. Fox's arms go around my back, bringing our bodies closer together.

I breathe in the arousing scent of him as I tear at his clothing--desperate to feel his warm flesh against mine. Fox's deft fingers quickly unzip my pants, pushing them down my thighs then he grasps my shaft. Oh God, his fingers feel so good. I rip his T-shirt as I toe off my shoes and step out of my pants.

Fox chuckles, pushing away so he can remove the torn T-shirt and strip off his pants. "I bet at times like this you wish you still had your powers."

"No. I enjoy ripping your clothes off." I move close again and pinch his full rosy nipples.

I get the satisfying moan from him and his cock swells with arousal.

I lean forward and nibble on his right nipple. The flesh hardens against my lips. "Like that, baby?"

"Fuck yeah," Fox purrs, lacing his fingers through my hair.

I clutch his buttocks as I attack the other nipple. My dick is leaking, wanting to be inside him. While I enjoy fucking Walter, it doesn't come close to how I feel when I'm fucking my beautiful Fox.

Fox pushes me away and drops to his knees. His hands circle the back my thighs as he licks around the head of my cock. He slowly takes more of me into his mouth as his hands stroke up over my ass in a loving caress.

I can't help but push forward, wanting more of myself inside of that talented mouth. So hot. So good.

Fox hums as he continues to suck me hungrily. The vibration sends shivers throughout my body. I hold his head as I thrust into his mouth. I vaguely hear the door open and close, and the lock being engaged.

I look at Walter through heavy lids as he appears behind Fox. He kneels and starts kissing Fox's neck and caressing his flesh. I gaze into Walter's deep brown eyes as he looks up at me and grins. He pushes Fox's thighs further apart. I continue to thrust into our lover's mouth as Walter places the head of his large cock against Fox's anus. Fox pauses sucking me as Walter thrusts into him. He moans. My fingers clutch his long hair holding him against my cock. I time my thrusts with Walter's.

Fox snakes his hand down to his cock but Walter slaps it away. "Not this time, babe."

I hear Fox's muffled curses around my shaft as he struggles. He quiets as Walter takes his cock in a firm grip and starts jerking him off. I wonder if Fox thought Walter was going to let him hang without getting his rocks off.

It didn't take long before Fox's semen is splattering against my leg. I thrust once more down his throat and come, pulling back slightly so my semen splatters over his tongue. I finally pull out of his mouth and sink to my knees, kissing Fox deeply as Walter continues to thrust into him. We have him sandwiched between us as we kiss over his shoulder.

Fox's arms are around me and his head is resting on my shoulder. He whimpers as Walter finally fills him. We stay holding each other for several moments, until Walter finally pulls out and kisses the side of Fox's mouth.

"Thanks, Fox." Walter stands and tucks himself back in. "C'mon, Alex, we're needed downstairs."

"Give me a chance to get dressed." I climb to my feet, reaching for my pants. I'm sticky and smell of sex. "Walter, can you zap me clean?"

"Sure, Alex."

Less than a second later I'm not only clean, but also completely dressed. I grin at Walter. "Thanks."

Fox is still on his knees, on the floor, with his butt resting on his ankles. I lean down and I kiss him softly. "We'll see you tonight."

"Yeah, sure," he says, grabbing his torn T-shirt.

"Fox, are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

"Alex," Walter calls from the doorway.

I walk over to him and glance back at Fox who is making no move to get up. Walter's arm goes around my waist as we walk down the hallway toward the elevators. I make a promise to myself not to work too late tonight.


Mulder's POV

I'm feeling like nothing more than a come dump. Walter's semen is leaking out of my anus and down my ankles. My throat is raw from Alex's cock. After weeks of not having sex with me, when they finally do there is no cuddling afterward, and no overt show of affection. Just a simple kiss, a thank you, and they're off to more important matters with each other.

I struggle to my feet and pick up my jeans and shoes on my way to the bathroom. I set them on the counter then turn on the shower and step under the hot spray. Standing with the water pounding down on me, I let the tears I've been holding inside fall freely.

"Dad, are you all right?"

Hunter is standing outside the shower looking at me.

I shake my head. "No."

He quickly turns off the water then steps inside and hugs me. "It's okay, Dad. Can you tell me what's wrong?"

I pull away and grab a towel to dry myself. "No...it's between your fathers and me."

Hunter crosses his arms. "What did they do?"

I smile weakly as I pull back on my clothes, minus the ruined T-shirt. "Hunter, it's not so much what they did as what they haven't done." How can I tell him that sometimes people who've been married for a long time just lose the love they once had?

"Dad, they're just acting like love sick jerks because they're getting married. We've all noticed."

"Don't call your Dads jerks, Hunter." I hug him. "It doesn't matter."

His green eyes flash angrily. "It does matter if you're sad. Do you want me to read them the riot act?"

I sigh, wondering where he picked up that old term. "Thank you for being concerned, but let me handle this."


Two Days Later
Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Skinner's POV

I'm starting to worry about Fox. He's been unusually quiet lately. Even when we made love last night he seemed withdrawn from the act.

Alex shuts my office door and crosses the space to my desk. He sits on my lap and kisses me.

"What's that for?"

"Because I love you." His fingers stroke over my scalp and he hesitantly says, "I think we should postpone our wedding."

"Alex, we've been planning this for weeks."

"I just feel uncomfortable getting married right now."

"Why?"

"Fox."

"Has he said something to you?"

"No. That's the problem, he's not saying much of anything."

I frown. "Okay, I think it's about time we had a long talk with him."

I concentrate until I locate him across the palace in his office at the FBI. I use my powers to teleport him to my office.

I realize too late that I should have teleported the chair he was sitting on as he lands on his ass and sprawls out on the floor.

His hand goes to his belly as he climbs shakily to his feet. "How fucking dare you teleport me here! You could have injured our baby!"

Alex stands as I leap to my feet and run over to Fox. I was so concerned about Alex's and my wedding that I completely forgot he is pregnant.

"I'm sorry, Fox. I forgot." I take his arm to lead him to a chair.

Fox pushes me away as he goes to sit on the sofa. "What the hell was so important that you couldn't wait the time it would have taken me to walk over here?"

I walk over to the sofa and stare down at him. "Look, I want to know what's going on with you. You've been in a pissy mood ever since I wouldn't allow you to go to Sedona. How long is this attitude going to last?"

"Attitude? Is that what you think I have?"

"Then what's your problem?"

"I don't have a problem."

How can I force him to talk when he doesn't want to? I could use my powers to make him tell us what's bothering him...but he'd never forgive me if I did that. "Fox, Alex wants to cancel our wedding because of how you've been acting."

Fox frowns and looks at Alex. "I don't want you canceling your wedding. You love Walter and he loves you. I'm happy that you finally decided to get married." Fox looks back at me. I can't read his expression. "Walter, I'm sorry if I've caused any friction between you and Alex, I never meant to." He sifts uncomfortably and stands. "I have a meeting in twenty minutes, so if we're through discussing my attitude I need to get back." He walks toward the door.

I don't stop him. His words to Alex and apology are adequate for now. I do want to resolve what is causing him to be so unhappy.

Alex calls out to him. "Fox, we're making pizza tonight with the kids. Don't work too late."


Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Mulder's POV

I don't know what I did to cause Alex to rethink marrying Walter. Just because I'm unhappy I don't want to ruin their plans to wed. They're perfect together. I resolve to put on a cheerful face around them.

I sink sadly into my chair. Why am I feeling so unloved? I know my kids love me and deep down I know Walter and Alex still love me.

"Mulder, you have a certified letter."

I look up at Agent Sam Murphy and the courier standing beside him. Murphy has been my personal assistant for a week now.

"Thanks, Murphy." I sign for the envelope. It's from some attorney, I don't recognize the name.

After they leave, I open the envelope and read the document inside. My whole world crashes and burns as the words sink in.

After my heart stops racing, my mind takes charge over from my emotions. I need to find out if what this document claims is true. I pick up the phone and call Byers.

"John Byers."

"Byers, it's Mulder. I need to speak to you in private can you come down to my office?"

"Sure, Mulder. I'll be there in twenty minutes."

I stand and walk over to my window, uncertain about what I'm going to do if what the document claims is true. One thing I know, I can't allow its contents to stand in the way of Walter and Alex getting married.

"Mulder."

I glance over at Byers standing in my doorway. Time has been good to him. He's become more distinguished with age.

"Come in, John. I need your help."

"I'm surprised, Mulder. I'm only human. Why didn't you call Frohike or--"

"No. I don't want clairvoyants or sorcerers involved in this...I-I don't trust them. I trust you and Langly." I can see the disbelief on Byers' face.

"How can you expect to keep this from Frohike?" Byers asks.

"He's not omnipresent." I smile. "Besides he has enough trouble trying to keep up with all of the kids he, Hans, and Gabriel have had over the last sixteen years."

"You have me curious, Mulder. Tell me what you need?"

I hand him the envelope and stand quietly while he reads its contents. He looks ill when he finishes.

"John, I need you to find out if there is any truth to what that document claims."

He swallows. "Mulder, what will you do if there is?"

"I don't know." I feel completely drained and sad. "John, I'm little more than a prisoner within our country. There's not much I can do...at least not openly."

Byers hugs me, which takes me by surprise, since he's not given to open displays of affection. "Hang in there, Mulder. I'll try to get answers for you as quickly as possible."

"Thanks, John."


Deep Space
Planet Empyrean

King Xowolfe's POV

My plan is working. I've driven a wedge between Xofox and his human mates. It took my servant years to find a human sorcerer within the Crystal Palace willing to betray his people for the promise of power and an immortal mate. The sorcerer has planted a device inside the palace that is attuned to Xofox's DNA and is programmed to affect the chemicals within his brain, causing feelings of distrust for his mates. It also interferes with the bond that exists between them, causing the human King and his Prince to be less enthralled with Xofox. The device can still affect the victim for a few days if they're out of its direct vicinity. Unfortunately the device only has a life span of one Earth month and will be reaching its end in a little more than a week. I cannot chance sending another through the portal this soon. I'm hoping the wedge that is driven between them will be too strong to be broken once the device no longer affects them.

I review the holograms my servant has brought back through the portal connecting Earth with Empyrean. The portal has only been used ten times since I failed to abduct my mate after begetting him with my child. The humans have been searching for it ever since. I cannot risk them finding the portal until my fleet reaches Earth. It's my only link to Xofox and our daughter.

The hologram shows my beautiful mate. He is sitting surrounded by his human children and our beautiful daughter. I must admit that I did not care for these young humans, but watching my mate interact with them over the years made me realize that I cannot kill them when I come to claim him, our daughter, and his three immortal sons. No more than I can kill our daughter. My biggest problem concerns Xofox's immortal mate Alex. I do not want him near my mate, but he is too valuable to leave behind. His ability to procreate male immortals with Xofox makes him priceless.


Sunday, February 11, 2018

Skinner's POV

It's been four days since I talked to Fox in my office. He seems to have gotten over whatever was bothering him. He's been more cheerful and even playful in bed. I still have a problem with the long hours he's working at the FBI. Alex and I have discussed ways of convincing him to quit, but haven't come up with anything that would work.

I find Fox in the entertainment room with our kids. They're watching an old movie. It takes me a moment to figure out that it is 'A League of Their Own'. Showing old movies and television shows that heavily feature women have been discouraged in recent years. Since most men and boys will never have a woman in their lives, community leaders felt it was better that they aren't deluded, hoping for something that will never be, at least not in their lifetime. I look at our daughters watching the movie with rapt attention. Arman is playing on the floor, not the slightest bit interested in the movie.

"Mind if I join you, Fox?"

Fox smiles at me. "No."

Nadia looks at me. "Dad Fox is going to teach us how to play baseball this spring."

"Really?" I squeeze into the space between Fox and the arm of the sofa. He scoots over slightly to allow me to fit.

"Yes. It looks like great fun," Angelique says.

"What position do you want to play?"

"Left field."

I look at her wings as I snake an arm around Fox's back. "Don't you think you have an unfair advantage?"

"Well, yeah. Why do you think I want to play left field?" Angelique says.

Fox chuckles. "We'll be rotating positions, Angel."

It occurs to me as I sit with Fox's warm body pressed against mine that we haven't been alone since he woke up over two weeks ago. Alex is down in the village having lunch with Nicky, Hunter, and Gawain. I lean over and whisper in Fox's ear. "Why don't we go to our bedroom?"

Fox smiles sweetly at me and says softly, "Can't, I'm spending this afternoon with our daughters." His eyes drift down to the obvious bulge in my pants. "Don't worry I'm sure Alex will be home soon to take care of that for you."

"Maybe I want you to take care of it for me," I say, my arm tightening around his body.

"Maybe I'm not in the mood right now."

"You're always in the mood."

Fox doesn't respond. He turns his attention back to the television.

I look at our daughters, thankfully they are too engrossed in the movie to be paying attention to us. Still I switch to telepathy to talk to Fox. *I thought you were over sulking.*

*Walter, stay out of my head.*

*No. Tell me what's wrong.*

*I shouldn't have to tell you what's wrong!*

He can be so infuriating. *Fine. Keep it to yourself!* I stand and stalk out of the room. I should have gone to lunch with Alex.


Five Days Later
Northern Minnesota
Friday, February 16, 2018

Mulder's POV

I feel shell-shocked as I walk up and down row after row of growth cylinders. Each contains a tiny embryo--my daughter. I needed to see them by myself, before they were born. It will be a little over three months from now. Five months is all that is needed to grow a baby to term in these cylinders. How can I possibly take care of them all? I sink to my knees in the middle of one aisle and cry at the realization that I can't. Not and give my birth children the love and care they require. My emotions have been in turmoil since I awoke from my month-long sleep. I don't understand what is wrong with me.

I wipe at my eyes as I settle into a seated position crossing my legs. Walter is going to be furious with me. I came back to the mines in Northern Minnesota without his knowledge. I frown at that thought. We don't have many rules, but Walter always demands to know where I am at all times. But it is unlikely he will find out about my trip anytime soon, he and Alex are on their honeymoon.

Then again, I'm not sure I care what Walter thinks. I finger the letter in my pocket. It was sent to me from Major James Conan's lawyer. At first I didn't want to believe what it claimed, but over the last few days Byers investigated its contents and found out yesterday, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that it was all true. Walter had gone along with sabotaging the research being done into stopping an immortal's compulsions to become pregnant. How could he do that to us?

I remember back two days. Alex was pacing in our bedroom. He had changed his mind, deciding it was ludicrous and immoral for him to be marrying his half-brother. Maybe he was right. At the time, I thought he was overreacting. Looking back, I'm not too sure. Looking out over the rows of cylinders, I'm no longer sure if anything we've done is moral. Did we have the right to bring any children into this world knowing that the Earth was heading toward an intergalactic war?

I've been feeling so alone and anxious lately. Even before Conan's lawyer sent me the letter. Walter and Alex has been flaunting their love for each other, while treating me as an object to be used for their gratification but nothing else. I know my hormones have something to do with my emotions but not everything. I touch my belly it's still too soon to feel the life growing inside me. I frown, wondering what I did to make Walter stop loving me.

My guards are waiting to take me back, but I'm not ready go just yet. I close my eyes and listen to the gurgling of the cylinders. They sound surprisingly like my aquarium. My thoughts return to Alex and listening to him stumble over his words in panic.

"Fox, you don't understand...I don't...I can't...I want...."

I wrap my arms around his waist and hold him firmly as he struggles. I love the tautness of muscles under his undershirt as I caress his back while whispering in his ear. "Walter loves you. You love Walter. This marriage is celebration of your love for each other."

"I-I don't want to lose the rest of my freedom."

I pull away and stare at him. Then I look down at the two rings on my finger. It had been nagging at me for weeks. "Did you lose your freedom when you married me?"

"That was different, Fox. You weren't a sorcerer--"

"No, but you were! Was marrying me a way for you to own me?"

"No, absolutely not! I married you because I loved you!"

"Then what is the difference between marrying me and marrying Walter?"

"He's my half-brother. I think it might be tempting fate for us to marry. Fox, Walter already controls so much of our lives...I don't want him to have any more control over me."

I sigh. I can understand this all too well. "You have three hours to decide, Alex. Walter is downstairs and your guests have started to arrive."

"You're not going to try to talk me into it?"

"No. It's not my place." I touch his face, my fingers lingering on his freshly shaven cheek. "Alex, only you can make this decision."

"I don't know if I can make this decision alone." Alex continues pacing, after several minutes, before he heads for the closet where his tuxedo hangs. "I don't want to hurt him."

"You're not marrying him out of pity--"

"No I'm marrying him because I love him."

"Mulder?"

I open my eyes and look up at Gabriel Hunter. He's staring down at me with concern. I smile reassuringly. "Gabriel." I look into his eyes, then back down the row of growth cylinders. "When did my life go so wrong?"

"Isn't it a little late to regret your life, Mulder?"

He's always frank.

"What am I going to do with six hundred and fifty new daughters? I can't take care of all of them," I say.

"Didn't Walter tell you?"

I look up at him in confusion. "Tell me what?"

"He's having a facility built outside of Baltimore. The girls will be raised and protected there."

At my stunned expression, Gabriel kneels in front of me. "I'm sorry, Mulder. I thought he would have talked to you about it."

"M-Maybe he forgot. I was asleep for four weeks...." I sound pathetic. I know I'm making excuses for my lover. It's just that Walter and Alex doesn't seem to care about me. They prefer each other's company to mine. Why Walter didn't tell me about this facility in Baltimore, causes a slow anger to build inside of me.

"That's probably it. He and Alex decided on it a couple weeks after you were asleep."

"Alex knew, too?" My stomach drops as a sense of dajà vu washes over me. I thought we'd gotten beyond them making decisions for me.

"Mulder, are you all right?"

"Am I all right?" I climb shakily to my feet and glare at him. "Hell no! My two selfish lovers decide to build an institution to lock up my daughters without even bothering to discuss it with me first. Who the fucking hell do they think they are?" I wave my hand at the cylinders. "This is my decision to make! Not theirs!"

"Mulder, you're overreacting."

"Would you keep a decision like this from Hans?"

"No...but I'm sure Walter and Alex have a good reason for not discussing it with you yet."

"I can't think of one." I hold my head high and storm toward the exit. I hear Gabriel swear as he rushes after me.


New York City
Friday, February 16, 2018

Krycek's POV

I arch off the bed screaming Walter's name as I come in his mouth. Sighing, I relax on the soft mattress as Walter kisses his way up my body. I feel embarrassed about almost backing out of the wedding. There was nothing to fear, my life didn't end, and Walter didn't start treating me differently. We're still equals.

"Hmm, Walter, we've been locked in this room making love for the last two days. Maybe we should take a break and call home," I say as Walter starts nibbling on my ear.

"No, Alex. This is our time together. No kids, no Fox, no problems to distract us." His mouth ends up over mine, licking and sucking on my lips, his tongue seeking entry.

I kiss him back hungrily, all thoughts of calling home melting away.


Mulder's POV

I stare listlessly out the helicopter window as the dark land passes beneath us. The moon is full and the stars shimmer brightly. I can't help the tears that roll down my cheeks. I feel foolish, so I try to distract myself by thinking of Walter's and Alex's wedding on Valentine's Day. They both looked so handsome dressed in black tuxedos as they stood side-by-side. General Clay Kline was Walter's best man and stood to his left, while Rory MacIver, Alex's best man stood to Alex's right. I sat in the front row with our children.

I felt proud at the time, even while knowing their love for each other was deeper than their feelings for me. My lovers looked so perfect together--tall and proud. It suddenly hits me as I think back...they have something that my relationship with them lacks--mutual respect. I look down at my wedding rings and slowly slip them off, placing them in my pocket.

Gabriel's voice cuts through my grief. "Mulder, don't do this. Take some time to think things through. Talk to Walter and Alex."

"Gabriel, what's there to think through? I've been blinded by love for years and never realized how little my feelings meant to my lovers. I've given too much of myself to them...now I need to reclaim what I've lost. I need my self-respect back."

"You can't just leave. You have responsibilities, you're pregnant."

"I won't be going far. I still have my job at the FBI and I'll never leave my children."

"Mulder, just talk to Walter and Alex first. I'm sure there's a logical explanation for them not discussing this with you."

"It's been three weeks since I woke up. They could have discussed it at any time." I look into Gabriel's blue eyes and say softly, "I know all about the research into eliminating immortal's compulsions being sabotaged. I also know the roll you and the other sorcerers played in it, and the part Walter had." I see Gabriel flinch and knew I scored a direct hit.

"How long have you known?"

"A week...but not for certain until yesterday. Conan's lawyer sent me a letter." I look back out the window as the lights of the palace come into view.

"Now you want to leave Walter because of that. What about Alex?"

"I don't want to leave them...I have to leave them. I can't allow Walter and Alex to have such little respect for me." I reach out and touch Gabriel hand. "Don't worry. they have each other. I doubt they'll miss me for long."

"Mulder, what about you?"

"I'm used to being alone," I say without much conviction. The pain I'm feeling is already too intense to bear. "With the new anti-withdrawal drugs I don't need a sorcerer to service me. I'm pregnant so it will be at least another seven years before I'll have to worry about that again. It should work out."

"Where will you go? What about your children?"

"I might move to a cottage on the island or to one of the other floors in the tower. The sixteenth floor is still unoccupied. Or maybe I'll ask Ari if I can move in with him," I say. I've spent a lot of time with Ari after I woke up just talking to him. I don't have sexual feelings for the Australian immortal. I can't imagine being attracted to anyone other than Walter and Alex.


Crystal Palace
Monday, February 19, 2018

Skinner's POV

Fox isn't home to greet us as we walk off the elevator into our apartment. The kids are waiting for us. I hug our youngest daughters and Gawain. The older kids hang back. I look around for Arman. He isn't with them.

"What's wrong?" I ask, standing.

Alex looks up from where he's kneeling hugging the triplets.

"Daddy Fox moved out and took Mani with him," Regan says.

"What?" I'm too stunned to say anything else. I turn and run down the hallway to our bedroom. I wouldn't put it past our kids to be playing a joke on us.

I open Fox's closet door. All of his clothes are gone. I can't believe he would have just left. At first I fear he might have been taken. I scan the palace. It doesn't take long for me to locate him. I look at Alex's anxious face. He followed me to the bedroom. "Fox has moved down to the sixteenth floor. He's blocking me from communicating with him." I look over toward the doorway where Sergei and Kaylie are standing watching us.

"Dad, how was your honeymoon?" Sergei finally asks.

I just stare at him until he blushes and shuffles his large feet. "Sergei, did your Dad Fox tell you why he left?" My irritation with Fox is growing stronger. How could he just abandon our kids?

Kaylie glares at me. "He said it was between the three of you! And, Dad, don't worry, he didn't desert us. He was with us the whole time until your helicopter landed."

My daughter knows something, but she's not talking. I doubt Fox would have told her anything important. It is more likely Kaylie read his thoughts or emotions. It might explain why she's so angry.

I should just storm downstairs and drag Fox back home, but without knowing why he left it might only make matters worse.

"Walter, why would he leave us?" Alex asks.

I look into his dazed eyes. "I don't know."

Alex shakes his head and walks over to the window. "We weren't very attentive to him since he awoke from his sleep. We were too busy with each other and planning our wedding, working together. I knew we should have called off our marriage."

"Maybe we should have," I say, agreeing for the first time.

Hunter stops in the doorway. He's carrying a duffel bag. "You're both way off. If I were Dad Fox I would have left you for not giving a damn about me after seven men had raped me. But that's not why he left." Hunter turns and says over his shoulder. "I'm moving downstairs with him."

"Hunter, get your butt back in here!" Alex shouts.

Hunter returns to the doorway with a look of defiance in his pretty face. "What now?"

"We want to know why Fox left. You know, so out with it!"

"Fine, he'll tell you eventually anyway. It wasn't enough that both of you totally ignored him while you slobbered over each other. You decided to lock up his six hundred and fifty daughters in an institution without talking to him about it."

I frown. I was planning to tell Fox after Alex and I returned from our honeymoon. I intentionally avoided the issue of his new daughters. I selfishly didn't want it to interfere with the plans Alex and I had made to marry. Damn, what was I thinking? Looking back, Fox should have been my first priority. I slam my fist against the wall, putting a hole in the plaster.

"Walter, I'm going downstairs to talk to Fox," Alex says.

"Alex, it's all my fault. I should have been more caring toward him, instead of being afraid it would somehow interfere with us getting married."

Alex sighs. "I wasn't any better. I never once asked him how he was feeling or if he wanted to talk about what happened to him."


Mulder's POV

I look up from the architectural drawings and blueprints as Walter and Alex walk into my new office. Mani is on the floor playing and looks up excitedly at them, dropping his truck he runs to greet them. Walter scoops him into his arms.

"Daddy! We moved!"

"Only temporarily, Mani," Walter says, meeting my eye then glaring at the two sorcerers standing beside me.

I look at the architects standing at the table. One is a handsome blonde with a goatee. He's slim and tall. The other is an older man with a muscular body and a bald head. The blueprints are for a large two thousand room mansion where my daughters will be raised.

"Gentlemen, you may leave. I'll stop by your office tomorrow and we can finalize these plans," I say.

"Thank you, Prince Fox. We look forward to working with you," the tall blonde sorcerer says, smiling.

The two sorcerers leave, giving my two angry ex-lovers a wide birth.

"Fox, we came to apologize," Walter says, walking to the desk and looking down at the blueprints. "What did those men want?"

"I've hired them to design the home where my daughters will be raised."

Walter frowns and sighs. "Alex and I already took care of that, Fox. I'm sorry I didn't mention it earlier, but a lot was happening this past month."

I glare at him. He doesn't get it. "Walter, you and Alex have absolutely no right making this decision. The facility you were building is more of an institution than a home and Baltimore is too far for me to visit daily."

"Fox, you were sleeping and couldn't be consulted, I made the decision for us. It's what married couples do," Walter says.

"Why didn't you tell me when I woke up?" I watch Walter try to think of something to say.

"I was worried that it would interfere with me marrying Alex."

"Walter, how would my knowing about this facility fuck up your plans to marry Alex?"

"I-I knew we'd argue about it, then you'd pout, and....oh fuck. Fox, I'm sorry. I should have told you."

"You and Alex should have told me! You should have discussed it with me then left the final decision to me! It's one of the reasons I'm leaving. You both don't have any respect for me or my feelings."

"How can you say that! Fox, I respect you!" Alex says, stepping into my personal space.

I back away. "You wouldn't be making decisions for me or taking me for granted if you respected me."

"Please, don't be this way."

"Fox, how can we make this up to you?" Walter asks, setting Arman down.

I walk over to my desk and take the envelope from Conan's lawyer out of the drawer, passing it to Walter. "It's too late."

Walter's face turns white as he reads it. "I had no choice, Fox."

"You should have told me about it. We might have figured something out." I feel tired and angry. "People have been keeping secrets from me my whole life and I'm sick of it. I'm sick of being taken for granted. I'm sick of not being shown respect."

"Walter, what's going on?" Alex asks.

I watch Walter squirm. I do not intend to tell Alex what is in that letter. I'll leave that to Walter, if he has the guts.

"Hi, Mulder. Am I interrupting anything?" Shinji says, standing nervously in the doorway with his suitcase and two youngest children at his side.

"Shin, what's going on?" Fox asks.

"I left Rory and Kazuo. I'm hoping you'll let us move down here with you."

"Of course you can." I can tell he's upset and trying hard not to cry in front of Walter and Alex. I hurry over to him and he collapses in my arms sobbing.

"Guys, watch the children," I say, guiding Shinji out of the room and into one of the many bedrooms.

"I'm sorry, Mulder," Shinji says, pulling away and sitting on the bed.

I hand him a tissue. "Tell me what's going on?"

"I was talking to Hans and he told me about the document you gave Byers to verify."

I didn't have to ask him how Hans found out about it. Byers must have discussed it with Frohike.

"And you left Rory and Kazuo because of that?"

"Mulder, I spent years working on a cure for our compulsions. It never even occurred to me that Rory and Kazuo could have been sabotaging my experiments. How can I forgive them for that?"

I sit next to him. "I don't know, Shin."


Chapter 6 - Painful Losses

Sedona, Arizona
Saturday, March 10, 2018

Mulder's POV

A crow caws overhead and swoops down on a dead squirrel lying in the road. I stroll down the concrete sidewalk with Frohike and Scully at my side. Scully is holding Arman's hand. Fanned out around us are the additional sorcerers that Walter had sent to Sedona when he found out I had come here five days ago. I brought my own force of sorcerers, including Gabriel, but for some reason Walter decided that wasn't enough. My sorcerers are conveniently out of sight, ready to respond to any hint of danger to my friends and son.

The reason I came here is a secret to everyone in town, except Scully and Frohike. Walter and Alex know; I sent them an email once I arrived, explaining my reasons for coming to this place outside of Walter's rule. I needed Scully with me for moral support and Frohike for his clairvoyant abilities. Most of Sedona's population is made up of humans. The Sheriff and his deputy are the only sorcerers for hundreds of miles. The Sedonian's hired them over a decade ago to defend their community from roaming bands of n'thrals. That threat is almost over, only a handful of n'thrals is still alive in Arizona.

At first the men in this peaceful community were standoffish. They didn't know what to make of my visit, and were fearful I had come to overturn the court's decision to drop the kidnapping charges against them. They became more open once they saw my three-year-old son and Scully. Most of the population is comprised of craftsmen, artists, and farmers. Over the past five days I've visited all of their shops, and toured the surrounding farms and ranches.

One thing that struck me about this community, other than the lack of children, is its self-sufficiency. They don't require outside aid for anything. They weave their own blankets, raise their own meat, grow their own vegetables, and receive their electricity from solar panels set up in the desert. The only thing they seem to purchase from the outside world is gasoline and diesel fuel.

We enter the only diner in town. It is packed with locals, but four men quickly stand and offer us their table.

"We are just leaving, y'all can have our table," Adam Thomas says.

"Thanks, Adam," I reply. He appears surprised that I remember his name. He shouldn't be, since I've come to learn all the names of the three thousand residents of his community. I know more about each of them than they know about each other.

They look longingly at Arman as I scoop him into my arms and deposit him into the booth. I slide in next to him as the busboy comes to clean the table. Scully and Frohike sit across from us.

"Are you sure about this, Mulder?" Scully asks for the umpteenth time.

"Yes. I think they will be happy here, and as Frohike can tell you none of the men in this community are pedophiles." It is the reason for our five-day visit. I spent time talking to each man while Frohike scanned their minds.

"What can I get ya?" The waiter is a young man in his early twenties. He would have been just a toddler when the world changed.

"Michael, my son and I will share the number 2 special and a large orange juice for both of us." Arman climbs onto my lap as Scully and Frohike place their orders.

"Daddy, can I have chocolate milk?"

I hug his small body. "Okay. Michael, can you switch one of the orange juices to chocolate milk?"

"No problem, sir."

"Do you think many men will come this afternoon?" Scully asks, glancing around the restaurant. All the men are watching us while pretending to be interested in anything but us.

"I think we will have a full house," I say. I've arranged with the city council to have a platform and microphone set up in the main square. It was the only place large enough to accommodate three thousand people. I expect that most will be curious to hear what I have to say.

"Mulder, don't you think you should talk to Walter and Alex about this first?" Scully asks.

"They already know why I am here, but this doesn't involve them."

"You're still married to them."

"I've filed for divorce. They're refusing to sign the papers."

Scully's voice softens. "Mulder, how have you been holding up?"

I gaze into the concerned depths of her warm blue eyes. "It's been hard. I'm not used to sleeping by myself. I remember all the mornings waking up with Walter and Alex's bodies wrapped around me." Tears well up in my eyes as I think back to the weeks before I left them, waking up cold on one end of the bed while Walter and Alex were snuggling in each other arms. I don't know what I did to cause them to treat me like that.

"Daddy, no cry."

"I'm not crying, Mani."

"I'm sorry, Mulder," Scully says.

"Don't be. Nothing good ever lasts forever."

Frohike, who has been uncharacteristically quiet, speaks up. "Mulder, they did act like assholes, but that doesn't mean they don't love you and aren't sorry for how they treated you."

I shake my head, knowing how raw my emotions are and not wanting to lose it in public. "Fro, I don't want to talk about them. Not here."

"Okay, Mulder, but when you're ready to talk we're here for you."

"Thanks." I swallow back the tears, hugging my son for comfort.

We eat our meal in silence. I don't have much of an appetite, so Mani ends up eating more of our breakfast than I do.

I think about my reason for being here. I know I'm doing the right thing no matter how painful it is. When I went over the plans for the mansion meant to house my six hundred and fifty daughters I realized how impossible it would be to hire competent employees to care for them all. Hope and Faith volunteered to be administrators, but I decided not to impose on them. The most practical solution was to find families willing to adopt the babies. It is only right that they are allowed to grow up with parents that will love and care for them.

"So, what are you going to do if they don't want to adopt them?" Scully asks.

I look around at the men in the diner and the way they keep looking at my son. "They will."


Crystal Palace
Tuesday, March 10, 2018

Skinner's POV

"General, have your men triple-checked all of Sedona's citizens? I don't want anyone with a record of abuse or pedophilia to get their hands on one of Fox's babies." I am proud of Fox for deciding to put the babies up for adoption, even if he didn't involve Alex and me in the decision.

"Yes. My men couldn't find anything on them other than the kidnapping charges from the case Prince Fox broke."

"Good. Keep me informed if anything comes up." I wait for him to leave my office before turning on the live surveillance feed from Sedona. I watch Fox as he directs the setting up of two tables in front of a platform in the center of downtown Sedona. Already a large crowd is milling around.

"Walter, this is one of the reasons he left us."

I turn toward Alex's voice. He is standing in the doorway with his arms crossed over his chest. There is a look of disapproval on his beautiful face. He's finally started talking to me again after weeks of silence.

"I need to make sure he's safe."

"He took twenty sorcerers with him including Gabriel. You didn't have to send any more. He's being responsible."

"Alex, he took Arman and Scully with him, I consider that irresponsible."

"No. By taking Arman and Scully, Fox was showing the men of Sedona that he came in peace and from what we've seen it worked. The Sedonians opened their homes to them. If he had shown up with only twenty sorcerers at his side, his reception wouldn't have been so welcoming."

"Maybe you're right. I just can't help trying to protect him." I shut off the monitor and stand. I feel helpless to do anything else. "Do you want to get some lunch?"

Alex smiles softly. "Sure, Walter. Don't worry, Fox and Mani will be fine."

"I hope you're right."


Sedona, Arizona
Saturday, March 10, 2018

Mulder's POV

I step up on the platform and look out over the huge crowd. I'm carrying Mani in my arms. I set him down on the platform and pick up the microphone.

I lick my lips nervously, staring out at all of the people giving me their total attention. The silence is deadening. I clear my throat then begin talking, "Thank you for coming today. I have come with a proposition for the people of Sedona. It is something that will benefit all of us. In two months, on May 10th, six hundred and fifty human female babies will be born. They are my daughters. I want them to have the love and care that only a family can give. So I am putting them up for adoption, and have decided to give your community the first chance to adopt them." An excited murmur races through the crowd. "On the tables up front are the adoption forms, if you are interested fill out the form. The only restriction I have is that they need to be adopted into two parent households. Do you have any questions?"

There's a moment of stunned silence before a hand raises in the middle of the crowd. I nod to the man.

"Sir, Bill and I are farmers, our farm is thirty miles from town. Is it possible to adopt more than one baby, so they can grow up together?"

I smile at the young couple. "Yes."

"Is this a real adoption? You won't come back and take them from us?"

"They will be yours, as long as you raise them with love and don't abuse them."

"Are they really healthy human females?"

"Yes."

"How will we get them?"

"Helicopters will deliver them to Sedona as soon as they are born. I suggest you prepare for their needs in advance. Infants require a lot of care." My hand goes unconsciously down to my belly.

"God bless you, Mr. Mulder. You're the answer to our prayers," an elderly man says. He is standing beside two younger men one of whom bears a striking resemblance to him.

"You're welcome, Mr. Simpson. If your son, James and his partner would like to start the line, the adoption forms are on the table. Fill them out and you will be notified by my assistant when your application has been approved."

I feel a sense of relief as the men hurry to form four lines at the tables. For once I know that I have made the right decision.


Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Mulder's POV

It's been ten days since my trip to Sedona. I am sitting on Arman's bed watching him as he sleeps. My son is sucking his thumb while hugging his teddy bear. I smile softly. Sitting here at his bedside has become a nightly ritual for me. He's given me the will to go on, when all I want to do is give up and die. The pain I feel at times can be so unbearable. So I spend hours in his room after he's fallen asleep just watching him and thinking about my life and my children's future. Arman looks so peaceful and innocent, he reminds me of better days. I know that he's unhappy that I left his dads. At first he thought this was a big adventure, now he misses living upstairs with them and his brothers and sisters. I don't know what to do. I only hope that he'll forget what it was like before....

Walter and Alex have tried to reconcile with me, but I've refused to listen to what they have to say. I've been too deeply hurt to allow them to talk their way back into my heart. I find myself going out of my way to avoid them because every time they're near the heat of their passion and beauty starts to defrost the ice around my heart. I cannot allow that to happen, if I do, I'll no longer have anything left of my pride. I refuse to be anything less than their equal, and until they start seeing me as such I will stand my ground.

I'll give Walter credit. He hasn't tried to use Arman against me. I half-expected him to demand that our son remain upstairs with him and Alex, but he hasn't. Why? I don't really know. Walter loves our children as much as Alex and me. I close my eyes. I'm crying again. When will the pain and loneliness go away?

I bend and kiss the top of my son's head. He continues sleeping peacefully as I stand and leave his room.

I walk down the hallway toward Shinji's lab. The lights are on under the door. I knock first before entering, not wanting to startle him. Shinji is typing on his computer. He looks tired.

"It's late, Shin, you should get some sleep."

"I'm so close, Mulder. I've been going back over all of my notes and I think I've isolated where Rory and Kazuo may have tampered with my experiments."

"Couldn't you just ask them?"

"I did, but neither could remember exactly what they did."

I roll my eyes. "Figures. Well, I'm going to hit the sack. Don't stay up too late."

"Don't worry about me. Unlike some immortals I'm not pregnant, and I'm going see that I stay that way," Shinji says, smirking.

I give him the finger before leaving the lab. He chuckles and goes back to his computer.

I don't head for my bedroom; I haven't slept there in weeks. Instead I head for my office. Once inside, I toe off my shoes and strip off my shirt, tossing it on the floor. I leave on my jeans and undershirt as I walk into the bathroom. The room is small and stark, unlike the beautiful bathroom I shared with Walter and Alex. The unwelcome memory of the times we bathed together comes into my thoughts. I splash cold water on my face, trying to get the image of my former lovers' beautiful bodies out of my thoughts. It is hard enough getting through the need for sex without them making it impossible. My body craves sex as much as it craves air. I reach for the thick vibrator that has been my soul companion since I left Walter and Alex over a month ago. No. My hand stops just shy from picking it up. I yearn for human contact...to be touched, stroked, held, kissed.

I brush my teeth and wash my face then I return to my office and turn on the television. I glance at the huge pile of mail on my desk. Since I left Walter and Alex I've received thousands of marriage proposals from around the world. Even King Gullbrand sent a gift along with declaring his love. It made my skin crawl. Some of the men proposing to me are the same ones making offers for Hunter's and Gawain's hands in marriage. I never felt less human and more like a piece of meat.

I lay on my sofa still dressed in my jeans and undershirt. The television drones on, but I don't bother to watch. I cover my eyes with my arm, as my other rests over the swell of my belly. According to Hope, Alex has gone in for his ultrasound and was delighted to find out he's having only one baby girl this time. I haven't gone in yet. I'm not planning to either. It doesn't matter to me what my baby's sex will be.

My attention is drawn to the television. There is a commercial on advertising a discreet dating service--Mister Kane's Perfect Mates Inc. The business is located on the south side of the palace in the shopping district. Would it be so wrong to hire someone for sex? Why should I stay celibate when Walter and Alex have each other? It's not like I'm looking for someone to replace them--no one could. I just need some human contact. I shake my head. No, I don't need the hassle of another man in my life. I went for years with no one, and I can do it again. Can't I?


Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Krycek's POV

"What is he doing?" I ask.

"He's sleeping on his sofa again," Walter says.

"He's not happy. Why doesn't he come home?" I turn to face Walter who's lying beside me in bed.

"Alex, I don't know. He refuses to listen to us and short of dragging him back by his hair I see no way of getting him to come back to us. In time he'll realize that he needs us as much as we need him."

Although I share Walter's frustration I know we haven't done enough to reconcile our differences with Fox. He sees us as not respecting him as an equal. I still haven't figured out how to show him that we do. It doesn't help that Walter and I have been fighting since I found out about the part he played in sabotaging the research into stopping our compulsions to become pregnant. If it weren't for the fact that I had to do some equally manipulative things when I worked undercover for the UN before the alien attack, I'd never have forgiven him.

"What do you want to do?" I ask.

"The only thing we can do, continue to apologize until he believes us."

"Walter, you're really betting that he'll get tired and cave in."

"Alex, I've been watching him and he's not having an easy time of it. Fox is just too stubborn to admit that he needs us."

"Walter, it's not about need. Fox wants our respect and to be viewed as our equal."

"He's already has our respect--"

"He doesn't believe that, and we hardly showed him any since he woke up."

"Yeah, I know what you mean. I don't know why we treated him like that. Alex, I'll try to talk to him tomorrow when I visit Arman." Walter rolls over on his side and lays his hand over my swollen belly. "How are you feeling?"

"Fine. Our daughter has started moving a little. We should think of a name for her." I sigh, placing my hand over his, enjoying Walter's concern and support.

"How about Amanda? It was my step-mom's mother's name."

"I like that name. Just three months to go." I suddenly feel guilty. Fox is also pregnant but we're not there for him. He's going it alone.

"What's wrong?"

"Fox hasn't gone in for his tests or an ultrasound yet. I've checked with Doctor Pendrell. He said Fox refuses to make an appointment."

"Damn, what is he trying to prove?" Walter sighs.

I roll over into his arms and rest my head on his broad shoulder. "I don't think he's trying to prove anything. You know Fox has to be made to see the Doctor."

"I doubt that he'll tolerate us making him do anything."

I feel a brush of lips on my head. Walter's soft voice adds, "I'll try to get him to see reason tomorrow."


Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Skinner's POV

It is early morning when I head down to Fox's apartment. He's agreed to allow me to take Arman for the day. I stop at Arman's room first. His bed is empty. On his nightstand is a photograph of Alex and me from our wedding. I frown, recalling that day and how neither Alex or I picked Fox for our best man. What were we thinking? Some of the things we had done to him, even before he awoke from his month long sleep, were unthinkably rude. I scan the apartment and find him curled up sleeping with Fox on the sofa in the office.

I stroll purposefully down the hallway, hesitating briefly outside the office before entering. It is hard being near Fox with him refusing to even listen to me. He is asleep, lying on his back with Arman sleeping across his chest. I'm not sure Fox is even aware that he is there. I stand at the foot of the sofa and study him. He is still the most beautiful man I've ever seen. The top button of his jeans is undone. I can see the pregnant swell of his belly. He's bigger than Alex is, although Alex is a month further along in his pregnancy. God, why did I do those things that caused Fox to hate me? I don't know what to do to make him love me again. I've apologized. I've sent flowers. I've tried to reason with him to no avail. I'm at a loss.

"You're early." Fox's hand is on our son's back as he stares up at me. "I wanted to have Mani bathed and dressed--"

"I'll bathe and dress him," I say hurriedly. "Fox, I've missed having him in my life." I hesitate before adding, "I miss you. Please, come home. We can work out our problems."

"Please, don't...." Fox looks away and shakes our son awake. "Wake up, baby, your Daddy's here." He sits up holding the boy who is rubbing his eyes. "Mani, weren't you able to sleep in your bed?" Fox asks.

"Daddy, there's a big monster in my closet."

Fox smiles and hugs him. "I'll go ask it to leave. Look who's here."

Arman' face lights up when he notices me. "DADDY!" He climbs off Fox's lap and jumps into my arms.

"Hi, Mani." I hug him against my chest. His small body is warm from sleep and he smells so good. I smile at the way his hair sticks up at odd angles. "Come on, I'm going to give you a bath and get you dressed."

"I want to take a bath with you and Daddy Fox?"

I look at Fox. "I would like that, but I don't think Daddy Fox wants to take a bath with me."

"Daddy, pleeaase take bath," Arman whines, looking at Fox.

Fox looks ill as he stands shakily. "Go with Daddy Walter, I'll be in the kitchen making your breakfast."

"Are you all right?" I ask, starting to reach out to him.

Fox backs away. "Morning sickness. I'll be fine as soon as I throw up."

"Fox, Alex mentioned that you haven't seen Doctor Pendrell yet."

"Walter, I'm an immortal. I don't need to see a doctor."

"Aren't you curious about what you're having?"

"No."

"You're bigger than Alex is, aren't you worried that you might be having twins?"

"No." Fox bends, picking up his shirt off the floor then he turns off the television. He avoids looking at me as he walks towards the bathroom. "Go bathe your son. I'll have his breakfast ready by the time you're done."

I know better than to continue arguing with him, so I carry Arman out of the room. "Do you like living here?"

"I want to live with you, Daddy Fox, and Daddy Alex."

"Son, I want you and Daddy Fox to live with us, too." I set him down on the floor inside his bathroom then start filling the bathtub. I help him out of his pajamas; they are wet from perspiration. "Where's your anti-power cuff?" I ask.

"Daddy Fox says I don't have to wear it at home."

I don't like that he's not wearing it. It's too dangerous to others until he's old enough to learn to use his powers. I'll talk to Fox about it. I test the temperature of the water before lifting him into the bathtub.

"Daddy, can we go to McDonald's?"

"I don't think there's a McDonald's on the Island."

"I went there with Daddy Fox."

"Really? I'll have to ask him where it is located. Close your eyes." I pour water over his head then squirt some baby shampoo on. His hair is soft and thick; it's the same chestnut brown color as Fox's was before the change.

I take my time washing him. I've missed seeing him daily. Only my unwillingness to hurt Fox further prevents me from demanding that Arman live with Alex and me.

I finish washing him, while listening to Arman tell me about his daily adventures. His speech has improved considerably these last five weeks.

"Uncle Shinji cooked last night and we ate with sticks."

"What did he cook?" I ask, lifting him out of the bathtub onto the bathmat. Then I wrap a large bath towel around him and scoop him up into my arms.

"He cooked shrimp and rice and mushrooms and peapods." He hugs me around my neck as I carry him into his bedroom.

"Do you like mushrooms?"

"I love mushrooms."

I dry and dress him, then put the anti-power cuff around his ankle. "C'mon, champ, let's see what Daddy Fox has fixed you for breakfast."

When we enter the kitchen Fox is at the stove flipping pancakes. Duncan MacIver, Rory's and Shinji's sixteen-year-old son, is sitting at the table eating a plateful of pancakes while flipping through a magazine. I don't like it that Duncan has moved down here with Shinji, not with Hunter living here, too. I don't trust him being this close to our immortal son.

"Mm, that smells good, Fox. Do you have extra?" I ask, trying to ease the tension between us, and hoping for a normal venue to talk to him.

"Yes. Sit down with your son."

"Hello, King Walter. How are you today, sir?" Duncan says.

"Duncan, I'm doing well. How come you're not in school?" I help Arman into his booster chair.

"I'm waiting for Hunter. We were up late last night listening to music, and he overslept this morning." He smiles sweetly, looking just like his roguish Scottish father.

"Fox, you're keeping an eye on Hunter, aren't you?"

"Walter, get your head out of the gutter."

"You can't blame me for worrying."

"I'm watching Hunter." His face shutters over, concealing his emotions.

Great, I've already put my foot in my mouth. "Fox, I'm sorry for implying that you're not watching Hunter. Mani says you took him to McDonald's. I wasn't aware there was one on the island."

"One just opened near my FBI office." Fox places a plate of pancakes in front of me and one in front of Arman.

"Thanks," I say, reaching for the maple syrup.

"You're welcome," Fox replies. "Mani, do you want me to cut up your pancakes?"

"Yes, please! And I want lots of syrup."

"I can cut up his pancakes, Fox. Why don't you fix yourself a plate?"

"No...I need to get ready for work."

I look at him closely and notice that he hasn't put on the weight that Alex has since becoming pregnant. It may account for why he appears to be larger in the belly than Alex. "You shouldn't skip breakfast," I say hesitantly, afraid of offending him further. My plans for having a friendly conversation with him over breakfast are collapsing.

"I plan on grabbing a breakfast bagel sandwich at McDonald's." Fox kisses Arman. "Mani, have fun with Daddy Walter. I'll see you tonight."

"I will, Daddy! LOVE YOU!"

"Fox, can we talk after I bring Mani back?" I ask, not able to keep the desperation from my voice.

"There is nothing to talk about. All you need to do is sign the divorce papers."

"Fox, I love you." I have no intention of signing those papers. I want to tell him as much, but I can't find the words around the knife in my heart.

Fox heads for the door, pausing in the doorway. "Let me go, Walter. I want my freedom back."

"Fox, please...can't we try to work it out? We can seek counseling...it helped last time." I fight to keep my emotions in check. I don't want to cry in front of Arman, but it hurts being this close to Fox and him not wanting to be in the same room with me.


Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Mulder's POV

The pain in Walter's voice is nearly my undoing. I still love him and Alex deeply, but I cannot allow my feelings to interfere with my need to reclaim my freedom and self-respect. I cannot go back to the way we were. I won't be the odd man out. Left at home to take care of our children while Alex and Walter go off to rule the world. I look away from him and shake my head.... "I can't." I hurry out of the room.

Instead of changing into a suit for work as I planned, I head for the elevator wearing the jeans I slept in last night.

"Gorgeous, you should try to work it out with them." The metallic voice chimes as the elevator doors slide close.

"Arty, stay out of it."

"They're both sad. Is that what you want?"

"They have each other...they don't need me."

"You're wrong."

I look up at the camera lens as the elevator doors slide open on the main floor, remembering how Walter and Alex treated me before I came to my senses and left them. "No, I'm not." I had become a possession...an object to them. They no longer cared about my feelings or needs.

I leave the elevator heading for the horizontal lifts that will take me to the FBI offices. Over the past sixteen years the palace has become even larger as new additions are added. It is the size of a medium city. Over three hundred thousand people live and work here. My office is only three miles from the center tower where I live.

My thoughts turn back to Walter and Alex. I need to find a way to get them to sign the divorce papers. Once they accept that they'll never own me again, it will be better for all of us. I have an idea, although it isn't something that I want to do.

Instead of riding the lift to my office, I stop in the shopping district. The corridors are crowded for a Wednesday morning. Stares and whistles greet me as I make my way to Mister Kane's Perfect Mates Inc. I pause outside the business, but instead of going in, I hurry past. The thought of entering makes me uneasy and ill. Deep down I cannot cheat on Walter and Alex, even if our relationship is over. So much for my idea of getting them to sign the divorce papers.

I stop at a small cafa. I'm hungry and figure I might as well get something to eat before I go to work. The other customers keep their distance. They're too intimidated by me to get too close.

A small man rushes over. "Prince Fox, welcome to the Rainbow Cafa. Are you expecting anyone else?"

"No. And it's AD Mulder, not Prince Fox." I hardly ever go by AD Mulder. Most of the time I forget that I've become an Assistant Director. I turned down the promotion for years before finally agreeing to it, with conditions.

"I have a nice table for you."

I'm grateful when he shows me to a corner table away from the windows. I pick up the menu and look at the variety of breads, pastries, and other breakfast items.

"Would you like a cup of coffee?"

"I'd love some coffee, but I'm not suppose to have it. Just bring me a cup of Earl Grey tea?"

"Would you like to hear today's specials?"

I smile. "Sure."

"We have honey oat pancakes with a side of hickory smoked bacon. A breakfast sausage casserole and a side of fresh fruit. Eggs Benedict on top of a sweet crab cake and smothered in hollandaise sauce."

"The breakfast casserole sounds good, I'll have that."

"I'll get your tea and put the order in. It will take a few minutes."

"Thanks." I'm feeling comfortable here. I look around at the other customers. They have stopped staring and gone back to their meals and conversations. My thoughts turn back to Walter and Alex. I just can't seem to keep them out of my mind.

"Hi."

The voice startles me out of my contemplation. I look up at an extremely handsome man.

"I was wondering if I could join you?" He smiles and nods toward the empty chair. "Don't worry, I don't bite."

"You're human?" I can sense it from his posture and aura.

"One hundred percent, is that a problem?"

"No. Please sit." It's been a while since I've met any humans outside of my work. Most of the men Walter and Alex invited to our home were sorcerers or clairvoyants. There are very few humans in Walter's government. Even in the FBI, most of the new hires are not human. Considering humans now make up over seventy percent of the population that isn't good.

The waiter stops back with my tea and looks at the man standing beside my table. "He's not disturbing you, is he?"

"No. He's joining me."

The waiter frowns as the man sits across from me. "What can I get you?"

"Coffee and a cinnamon roll."

The man looks intensely at me after the waiter leaves. "I noticed how sad you looked."

I gaze into his blue eyes and shrug my shoulders. "I have a lot on my mind."

"Yeah, I can imagine. According to the news you're three months pregnant and you've left King Walter and Prince Alex...."

I glare at him. "I'd prefer not discussing my private life."

"I'm sorry if I've overstepped any boundaries." He shrugs his shoulders. "You really should talk about what's bothering you. I'm a really good listener."

"What newspaper do you work for?"

"You think I'm a reporter?"

"Only reporters have the gall to continue asking questions when told to butt out."

"My name is Cyrus Kane. I own Mister Kane's Perfect Mates Inc."

"You saw me stop outside your business."

"Yes. Many men stop but few have the nerve to enter. Prince Fox, loneliness is a big problem on the island and stateside. Even after nearly two decades, it's hard for most men to admit they need another man for sex and companionship. Then there are men holding positions that prevent them from prowling bars for companionship. They rely on my service to fix them up with partners. I match men to those with common interests and compatible personalities. Some wish for one night stands, others are looking for life-long companionship."

The waiter is back with our food. He continues to shoot a disapproving glance at Cyrus.

I pick up my fork after the waiter leaves. "I thought I might need someone to ease the loneliness...but I was wrong. I have friends and my kids," I say, realizing how much all of my friends have meant to me these past weeks.

"You need someone who can make love to you."

"I had that with Walter and Alex."

"Then why did you leave them?"

"They no longer saw me as an equal."

"If that is the case then you should think about finding someone else. Why don't you at least fill out the application? I'll send you a list of candidates and you can decide whether to meet them or not."

"I don't know--"

"You don't have to decide right away. Let me give you my card. The application is online so you can fill it out when you're ready."

I hesitantly take his card, no longer knowing what I want...only feeling more alone.


Sunday, April 1, 2018

Krycek's POV

I'm having lunch with Fox today. My goal is to convince him to take me back as his partner at the FBI. I never should have quit and looking back I don't know why I did. It makes no sense. I could have learned to rule with Walter while still maintaining my position with Fox.

I comb my hair while looking at my image in the mirror. Fuck, why do I always put on so much weight when I'm pregnant? None of the other immortals do. Fox certainly doesn't. My face is rounder and my ankles are swollen. In six weeks I'm going to St. Petersburg for Fox's daughters weddings. If it weren't for the fact that Fox is going, I would stay here instead of facing the humiliation of going to an international event looking like I do.

I touch my belly and smile. "Hey, Mandy, you're going to love Walter and Fox. Let's hope I can convince Fox to come back to us before you are born." I button my shirt then head down the steps.

"Alex, would you give this to Fox for me?" Walter says. He's standing at the bottom of the bathroom steps waiting for me.

I take the small box. "What is it?"

"Just something I want him to have. I'd give it to him myself, if I thought he wouldn't throw it back at me without opening it."

"He hasn't been much more open to listening to me."

"Yeah, but he's agreed to have lunch with you. That's further than I've gotten with him."

At the sadness in Walter's voice, I wrap my arms around his waist. "Shh, babe, we'll get him back, don't worry about it." Walter has been so depressed lately that it's been affecting the way he's been ruling the kingdom.

"Alex, I miss him so badly. It just gets worse the more days that pass without him being with us."

Walter rests his forehead on my shoulder. His whole body is weary.

"Walter, we may have to get more aggressive with him. We can't allow Fox to crawl into his shell and hide from us. You know he suffers from a low self-worth, since his sister was abducted and his parents convince him that he was to blame."

"I know, Alex. It was one of the reasons why I didn't hesitate to pull the trigger when I killed Bill Mulder. I hated him for what he did to Fox." He pulls away from me. "You better go. You don't want to be late."

I kiss his lips and murmur, "Keep the faith," before hurrying out of the bedroom on my way to the nearest elevator. The last thing I want is to keep Fox waiting even for a few seconds.

The elevator stops on the floor below ours. Rory MacIver steps onto the elevator. He smirks at me.

"Alex, pregnancy agrees with you. Are you off to see Mulder?"

"Yes. Are you heading down to see Shinji?"

"Yep. Shin says he'll take Kazuo and me back once he discovers a cure for immortals compulsions."

"If that is the case then I hope you're back with him soon," I say as the elevator stops on the sixteenth floor.

Rory steps off. "Aren't you getting off?"

"No. I'm supposed to meet Fox in the Palace's main dining room."

"Well, good luck to you, Alex."

"You too." When I reach the dining room, Fox isn't there yet.

The maître d' approaches me. "Prince Alex, I have your table ready for you."

"Is everything prepared?" I ask.

"Yes. Our chefs have prepared all of the dishes you requested."

"Thank you," I say as he seats me in a secluded corner next to a waterfall. I am puzzled that the table is set for four. I'm about to call the maître d' back when Fox arrives.

"This is nice, Alex."

I am disappointed that standing beside him are Kat and Sergei. "Fox, I thought we were dining alone."

Sergei helps Kat into the chair beside mine. She is huge with child.

Fox smiles and shrugs his shoulders as he sits to my left. "You know the old saying, the more the merrier."

Sergei plops down on the chair across from me. "Dad Alex, thanks for allowing us to dine with you. Kat and I want to talk to you and Dad Fox about babies, nursing, and such."

I sigh. "Sergei, immortals' pregnancies are not the same as human pregnancies."

"Alex, let's just answer their questions," Fox says.

Kat rolls her eyes. "Uncle Alex, it's not like there are a lot of women to ask about what having a baby is like. I already talked to Dana, but she had her baby on the horizontal lift, not in the hospital."

"Okay, point taken."

The waiter comes back with sparkling apple cider and a basket of fresh baked bread.

"Alex, you're looking nice," Fox says.

"I'm fat."

"No, you're not."

"Yes, I am."

Fox frowns. "Okay, if you say so. After all, my opinion doesn't count as much as yours does."

"Fox, your opinion counts as much as mine."

"Then say it." Fox gives me a smug look.

"Okay, I'm not fat."

"That wasn't too painful to admit, now was it?" Fox says, pleased with himself.

I ignore him and reach for a slice of bread. "You should go see Doctor Pendrell."

"Why should I? It's not going to change the fact that I'm pregnant and will be having a baby in four months."

"Uncle Fox, I've been seeing Doctor Pendrell weekly. You should, too," Kat says.

"You're not an immortal, you can have complications during pregnancy. I can't."

"Great, that very comforting," Kat says, placing a hand on her large belly.

"Fox, you're scaring her," I say.

"Sorry." Fox smiles and pats her hand. "Kat, women have been giving birth for thousands of years. You have nothing to worry about."

The waiter is back with the first course of oysters Rockefeller, one of Fox's favorites.

"You ordered for us?" Fox asks, his eye color changing to a stormy gray.

"I-ah...damn. I'm sorry, Fox, I wanted this to be special I didn't think you'd mind. If you want to order something else--"

"No. That's okay."

I can tell he isn't happy about it. "Fox, I really am sorry."

"Alex, I said it was all right!"

"Dads, can you please not fight?" Sergei says.

"Sorry, kids," Fox sighs, his eyes changing back to a swirl of greens and golds. "Alex, it really is okay as long as you didn't order anything with cilantro."

"I don't know what you have against cilantro," I say, relaxing.

Fox makes a face, picking up his fork. "It tastes like dish soap."

"Well, I like it, but don't worry it's not in any of the dishes."

We eat the appetizer quietly. I watch Fox intently, getting aroused as the juices from the oysters moisten his lips. I want to ravage those plump lips as his tongue darts out licking the savory juices from them. The waiter returns with a mixed green salad interrupting my pleasurable contemplation.

"So, when you guys are nursing how do you know the baby is getting enough milk?" Kat asks.

The waiter pauses in dishing the salad onto four chilled plates. He looks between Fox and me waiting for one of us to answer her.

"Alex, do you want to field this one?" Fox asks.

Great, as if I enjoy talking about breast-feeding in public. I give him an annoyed look. "I'll answer this one, Fox, if you take the next one." I turn to Kat. "You can tell two ways, if your baby is gaining weight and the amount she wets diapers."

"Good answer," Fox says, smiling.

Kat pushes a strand of red hair out of her blue eyes. "How soon after giving birth can you have sex again?"

"Twenty-four hours for immortals, but for you and Sergei two years." Fox smiles as he shovels a forkful of salad into his mouth.

"Dad!" Sergei blushes.

I smile at Fox and he smiles back. For the first time, in a long time, the tension between us is non-existent. We continue eating and chatting with the kids, and by the time dessert arrives I'm ready to make my pitch to get back into the FBI.

"Fox, I do have something I want to discuss with you," I say.

"I have something I want to tell you, too."

I smile. "You first then."

"Okay. I didn't want you and Walter to find out from anyone else. I figure you can tell Walter. I'm going out on a date Friday night."

I am momentarily stunned, and can't believe I heard him right. "What? A date as in with another man?"

Fox seems nervous as he stumbles over his next words. "Alex, I-I met someone last week who convinced me to give dating a chance--"

"A chance to do what?" I interrupt angrily.

Fox frowns. "A chance to ease my loneliness."

"How can you be lonely? You have lots of friends and our children!" I toss my napkin on the table. "Fox, you went years without anyone in your life but Scully. Why is it so important now to date another man?"

Fox closes his eyes. "Alex, I wasn't an immortal when I was with Scully. You don't know how painful it is to not be touched--"

I stand suddenly causing my chair to topple over with a thud. "I love you, Fox, and I'm not about to let another man get inside your pants! I'm not losing you, not now, not ever!"

"Alex, please try to understand."

"There is nothing to understand." I reach into my pocket for the small box Walter gave me to give to him. I toss it at him then turn quickly and rush out of the dining room. If I stayed much longer I might do something that I would regret. I never felt so frustrated and helpless in my life. God, Fox has a way, like no one else, of causing such intense feelings inside me.

I head outside. I need to think and clear my head, so I head toward the cliffs that look out over the ocean. It is a tranquil place, where I often go to contemplate my life and work out problems. It is chilly outside, so I plunge my hands into my pockets as I reach the top of the cliff.

"Damn," I mutter, while staring out across the ocean. I pull my hands from my pockets and lean against the wooden fence running the length of the cliff. The water crashes against the jagged rocks a hundred feet below. Suddenly I am shoved from behind and I find myself falling headfirst over the fence and down the cliff. The last thing I remember is crying out to Walter and Fox seconds before my body hits the sharp rocks below.


Sunday, April 1, 2018

Mulder's POV

I watch Alex run out of the dining room. Shit, what have I done? The last thing I want is to cause him or Walter any pain. What have I become? I lift the lid off the box Alex threw at me. My breath stops as I see its contents.

"Dad, what is it?" Sergei asks.

I am stunned. "It's your Dad Walter's Medal of Honor." This is Walter's most prized possession. Only several hundred Medal of Honor were given out over the history of the U.S. military.

"Wow, he never allowed any of us kids to even touch it," Sergei says.

I have a warm feeling spreading throughout my body and the ice around my heart slowly starts to thaw.

*FOX!*

"Alex!" I leap to my feet and race out of the dining room. "Oh God NO!" I can see him in my mind falling off the cliff. I run as fast as I can.


Sunday, April 1, 2018

Skinner's POV

I grab Fox, preventing him from trying to climb down the steep cliff to where Alex's partially submerged body lays bleeding below. I arrived just seconds behind Fox and haven't had time to take in the situation.

"Let me go, Walter!" Tears are streaming down Fox's cheeks as he struggles to break free.

"Dammit, Fox, stop it!" I continue to hold him firmly as I use my powers, teleporting Alex's broken body to the ground at our feet.

I let go of Fox and he drops to his knees, gathering Alex up in his arms. He starts using his healing powers to repair the damage as I kneel beside them and reach out to hold Alex's lifeless hand. I can feel the energy pouring out of Fox into Alex.

"Fox, don't overexert yourself," I warn, fearful for Fox's unborn baby's health.

Fox looks up at me with a sadness that I can't remember ever seeing before on his face. "Walter, he's lost the baby."

I notice for the first time the torn shirt and the blood around his exposed navel. "God, no!" I lower my head to Alex's chest and weep for the loss of our baby. Fox's hand strokes my head soothingly as I feel Alex's chest rise and fall as he starts breathing again.

"Who did this to him?" General Kline's voice pulls me from my grief.

I raise my head and realize that the royal guard is shielding us from a large crowd of onlookers that have gathered down the hill from us. Sergei and Kat are standing next to the General. My son has his arms around his girlfriend and both kids look sick.

"I don't know." I look up at Fox's pale face.

He shakes his head wearily his whole body is trembling. "W-we were having lunch...and had a disagreement. Alex got angry and left. The next thing I know was hearing his voice in my head and an image of his body falling." Fox's body sags with exhaustion and I realize he did overexert himself healing Alex's broken body. I look down at Alex's face. He's breathing easier now and a healthy color has returned to his skin.

"Clay, where is the stretcher? I want to get Alex and Fox back to the palace." I am now fearful that Fox might lose his baby, too.

"I'm fine, Walter. Just take care of Alex," Fox says.

"Cut the crap, Fox! You're not fine! Doctor Pendrell is going to give you a thorough examination." I can see Fox is having a hard time staying conscious. His face is so white. I touch his hand and find his skin is cold and clammy. I'm scared. I help place Alex on a stretcher while keeping a watchful eye on Fox. He hasn't attempted to get back on his feet, his sad eyes follows the stretcher carrying Alex back to the palace.

I kneel beside him. "Fox, come on, either I'll carry you or you'll get on the stretcher."

"I'm so sorry, Walter, it's all my fault."

I tenderly brush the tears off his cheeks. "It's no ones fault but the bastard who pushed him off the cliff." I help Fox to his feet and over to the stretcher. "Come on, you're going to have to sleep to regain your energy. Fox, Alex is going to need both of us to get through this."

Fox nods, he's too tired to speak and is asleep as soon as his head hits the small pillow on the stretcher. I place my hand over his belly and pray that no harm has come to our baby.


Chapter 7 - Weddings, Births, and Funerals

Deep Space
Planet Empyrean

King Xowolfe's POV

"My King, we need your decision." General Xozema says.

I look at the head of my military as I weigh what he has told me. The humans have let down their defenses. Our agents on Earth believe we can safely use the portal to snatch the three immortals living in the land the humans refer to as South America. That would leave only eighteen immortals left on Earth, not counting my beloved's sons and mate.

I'm hesitant to give my permission to retrieve our property. In less than one Earth year my attack fleet will be within range of the planet to use the short-range portals to attack. My scientists have invented a device to neutralize the human sorcerers, making their powers temporarily useless. I don't want the Earthlings to be on alert before we attack. However, my subjects are getting impatient for their mates and this small token will keep them content until we can retrieve the other immortals.

"Xozema, you may rescue those immortals. Only do not use our new weapon on the sorcerers. I want to save it as a surprise when we attack their planet. I don't want to give them a chance of inventing a counter measure against it."

"Yes, my King."

After the General leaves, I head outside to my private gardens. I feel closest to my beautiful Xofox among the flowers and sweet smell of nature. The water in the pond is still and clear, like a mirror, reflecting the cerulean sky above. I watch the dark shapes of fish darting back and forth as I daydream about being reunited with Xofox and our daughter. I long to meet her, almost as much as I long for Xofox to be back in my arms again. I can still recall his scent as if it were only hours ago that I last held him. If only I can summon him here once more.


Sunday, April 2, 2018

Krycek's POV

I wake up and discover Fox sleeping beside me. I'm in heaven, he smells so delicious. Then a painful emptiness wrenches my whole world apart. I can't feel Amanda. She's no longer a part of me. My hand reaches for my belly....

"Alex, you miscarried her. I'm so sorry." Walter's eyes shimmer with tears as he stares down at me.

I shake my head. "No, she isn't dead."

"I retrieved her body from among the rocks myself." Walter sits on the bed and brushes the tears from my cheeks. "We'll bury her together."

I just look at him feeling dazed. I don't want to bury my baby. Why would he even suggest such a thing? "Walter, we have plenty of cribs in the nursery."

Walter pales--I hope he's not becoming ill.

"Alex, our baby is dead."

I don't know why he keeps saying that. "She's not dead! Fox would have saved her!" I look at our lover who is breathing softly as he sleeps.

"Alex, you had already miscarried her by the time we got to you," Walter says softly. "Fox spent all of his energy healing you and nearly lost our babies in the process."

I turn on my side and wrap my arms and body around Fox. I can feel the movement of life in his belly, so I press closer to him, placing my hand on his stomach. I need his nearness now more than ever. If anyone can take away my grief, Fox can. Closing my eyes, I rest my head on his bare shoulder and lose myself in his heat.

My baby can't be dead. Walter's wrong. I feel the movement under my fingertips as I stroke Fox's belly and realize that my baby isn't dead, she's now growing inside my lover along with his baby. I smile happily over my realization.


Sunday, April 2, 2018

Skinner's POV

As I watch Alex calmly caressing the pregnant swell of Fox's belly, I fear for his mental state. It's so unlike him to deny what has happened to him. He's usually very well grounded. I desire to pull him into my arms and comfort him, but I don't want to take him away from Fox. Not now, not when Fox might allow us back into his life.

Over the speakers, Arty's mechanical voice chimes, "Your Majesty, I require your presence in the garden next to the fountain. There is something you need to see."

"Arty, I can't leave Alex alone right now."

"It's important, sir."

I frown. Arty isn't one to play games, at least not with me. If he wants to show me something it must be important. My gaze returns to my two lovers lying in bed. They are so beautiful. Fox is still very pale, his skin a smooth alabaster. Doctor Pendrell said it might be several days before Fox regains consciousness. His remaining energy, after healing Alex, went into keeping our babies alive. I'm still reeling over the news that he's pregnant with triplets. It doesn't make up for Alex losing our baby, but it does leave a warm spot in my heart.

I look back down at Alex, he is petting Fox's belly while humming an Old Russian lullaby.

"Alex, I'm needed downstairs. Are you going to be all right alone?"

He stops humming and raises his head to look at me. "Not alone...Fox is here." He lowers his head back on Fox's shoulder and starts humming again.

I can't leave him here alone, not this soon after losing our baby. I telepathically call Sergei to come to our bedroom.

Sergei rushes into the room. "Dad, you wanted to see me?"

"Serg, I'm needed downstairs. I want you to stay with your Dads until I get back."

"Sure, Dad." Sergei walks over and sits on the sofa in front of the fireplace. It is a perfect spot to keep an eye on the bed.

I walk to the bed and pull the blankets over Fox and Alex, then kiss them before hurrying out the door.

Once downstairs, I head for the gardens. There are quite a few people wandering around taking in the beauty of the plants and the birds. It's like a tropical forest. The foliage makes it hard to see the overhead glass roof.

"Okay, Arty, what did you want to show me," I say as I stop beside the fountain with a fairy statue in the center.

"The statue is hollow. Inside is an alien device that has traces of Prince Fox's, Prince Alex's, and your DNA on it."

My stomach clenches. Haven't those bastards caused us enough grief? "What is the purpose of this device, Arty?"

"It seems to alter human emotions. I believe it is the source behind you and Prince Alex treating Prince Fox so poorly a couple of months ago. It is currently not activated. The power source that ran the device seems to have a short life span."

"How did you find it? Why didn't you find it sooner?"

"I was searching for information on who might have hurt Prince Alex and stumbled across it."

"Do you know who planted it here?"

"I scanned my DV database, but I'm missing several minutes of video from this area back on January 15," Arty states.

I frown. It has to be an inside job, someone who is familiar with the inner workings of the palace and its AI computer system. "Arty, do you think this ties in with the person who pushed Alex off the cliff?"

"I've found no connections."

"Keep looking, Arty."

I telepathically contact General Kline and inform him about the alien device.

*Clay, I want a thorough analysis done on this device. Check it for prints and anything that could help us find who planted it here.*

*I'll have our top scientists study it,* the General says.

*Clay, I need to know if it did any permanent damage to how Fox feels about Alex and me.*

*Don't worry, Walter. I'll have answers for you as quickly as possible. How's Prince Alex doing?*

*He's as fine as can be expected under the circumstance."

*It will probably take him some time to get over his loss.*

I'm afraid that Clay's right. We never lost a child before and the pain I'm feeling is indescribable. I can barely fathom what Alex must be going through. *Keep me updated, Clay.* I head back upstairs to be with my lovers.


Tuesday, April 4, 2018

Krycek's POV

It's a beautiful day for early April. I smile as I look around at the scenery, a fine mist is drifting in from the ocean, and hanging heavy over the island as the sun creeps higher into the early morning sky--not quite hot enough to burn it off. My eyes glance at the faces of the people standing silently around me. I'm having a hard time remembering their names. It doesn't really matter. They keep their eyes downcast not wanting to meet mine. I don't want to be here anymore than they do. I'm only doing this to humor Walter. He doesn't know that our baby isn't dead. I can't even tell him, not yet, he'd never believe me. Fox would. If only he was awake so I could talk to him.

Walter's arm is around my waist. He's trying to comfort me. I don't need his comforting as we watch the small coffin being placed into the ground. Amanda isn't in it. I know she's being nurtured inside Fox. I glance from the coffin to Walter and see tears glistening in his eyes. I wish I could to tell him not to cry that our baby isn't dead, instead I lean closer to him and try to comfort him while I long to be back with Fox.


Skinner's POV

I'm having a hard time concentrating on anything but Alex. I wish Fox were awake, he'd know what's wrong with Alex and how to reach him. I'm at my wit's end. If only Alex would show some sign of grief, instead of keeping it all inside.

I glance sideways at him standing calmly beside me. He looks bored as we watch our friends and children file by the open grave and drop flowers onto the tiny coffin below. Alex doesn't acknowledge them. I wonder if he even sees them. I tighten my grip around his waist as we stand silently for several minutes after everyone has gone back to the palace. I wish River could have made it he might have been able to reach Alex. They were always very close. Unfortunately Slava was hosting foreign leaders and wouldn't allow River to go anywhere without him.

"Walter, I would like to go back to Fox now."

Nodding, I take his hand, we walk back to the palace over the dew dampen ground. I know once we get upstairs to our bedroom Alex will strip and climb into bed with Fox, wrapping himself around our lover like a protective blanket.

The triplets are in our bedroom, coloring at the table in front of the door leading out to the veranda. Their nanny Sarah is sitting on the sofa in front of the fireplace reading, she looks up and smiles. We didn't take the younger children to the funeral.

"Daddy Alex, we made a picture for you," Regan says, snatching a sheet off the table and running over to Alex.

Alex takes the paper and smiles. "Thanks, girls."

I take a chance, wanting Alex to at least start interacting with our children again. It's been three days since he's even spoken to them. "Alex, why don't you go with the girls to the kitchen and make them something to eat?"

"Walter, Fox needs me."

"He'll be fine. I'll watch him."

"You're not an immortal. What if something should happen? He needs me."

"What about our daughters? They need you, too."

I watch Alex tense and look at the girls. They look too much like Fox for him to deny them anything. He relaxes and looks at the bed where Fox is sleeping. "Okay, but call me if he wakes up." Then he turns to the girls. "C'mon, sweethearts, I'll fix you something to eat."

They smile happily and grab his hands, dragging Alex out of the bedroom.

"Can you make us chocolate chip pancakes?" I hear Alina ask as they head down the hallway.

I hope being around the triplets will help Alex recover. I walk over to the bed and look down at Fox. Pulling down the blankets, I take in the sight of his lovely nude form. It's been so long since I've touched him sexually that I can't help running my hands over his smooth chest. My thumbs caress over his full nipples, bringing a bead of moisture to the surface. Both Fox and Alex have started lactating again. I lift my thumb to my mouth and suck the delicious fluid from it, before kneeling next to the bed and lowering my head to lick the bead of fluid from Fox's nipples.

I'm interrupted by Clay's voice in my head.

*Walter, we need you in the throne room. The three South American immortals have just been abducted while attending a gathering together.*

*Abducted by whom?*

*Aliens. They used the portal.*

*Shit! I'll be right down!*

I call Sergei and Kaylie to sit with Fox until I get back.


When I arrive back home nine hours later, Alex is sitting cross-legged in the center of the bed reading a book to Fox who is still soundly asleep.

He glares up at me. "You left him alone! How could you do that?"

"I left him in Sergei's and Kaylie's care."

"They're only children!"

"Alex, they may only be sixteen, but they're sorcerers. I trust them to protect Fox inside our home."

"Walter, we can't rely on our kids to protect him."

I look at him sadly, realizing the truth behind his words and knowing this wouldn't be the time to tell him about the South American immortals. "Okay, Alex, until Fox wakes up, either you or I will be at his side at all times."

"Good." He shuts the book and climbs off the bed. "Watch him, I'm going to take a shower before bed."

I strip down to my underwear and sit on the bed while I wait for Alex to come back. My eyes gaze lovingly at Fox's face--I say a silent prayer that he'll come back to us. I hear the soft pad of bare feet on the steps from the bathroom. I glance up at Alex walking down them.

"Walter, what's wrong?" Alex asks, pausing halfway down the steps.

Alex's beauty arouses me. He stands seductively in a long black robe that is open, revealing his chiseled chest and large penis. I rise and take two steps toward him. "Can we talk?"

"About what?" He continues down the last few steps.

I take his hand and lead him over to the sofa in front of the fireplace. I wave my hand and fire springs to life in the hearth as the lights dim, casting the room into deep shadows.

"Yesterday, Arty found an alien device hidden inside a statue in the gardens. It had traces of yours, Fox, and my DNA on it. He thinks it was the cause behind our treating Fox so despicably two months ago."

"Who planted it there?"

"I don't know. I have our security force looking into it."

"Do you think it could be the bastard who pushed me off the cliff?"

"It's possible. Alex, why were you outside on that cliff alone...I thought you were having dinner with Fox."

"We had a fight and I left."

"Over what?"

"He has a date Friday night."

"A what!"

"A date." Alex swallows back a sob. "F-Fox wants to start seeing other men."

"Fuck! He sprung that on you during your dinner with him?" I'm seeing red at the mere thought of Fox with another man. No way in hell is another man touching him!

Alex ignores my question. "Walter, this alien device...do you think its still affecting him?"

"It shouldn't be." I sigh, "Fox is still angry over the way we treated him and my part in preventing a cure for stopping immortal's compulsions. I hope once he knows that it was this alien device that caused our bad behavior, he'll at least be willing to forgive you, if not both of us."

"I hope you're right. I don't want him going back downstairs to live. He's home now I want him to stay here with us."

I nod in agreement. "Let's go to bed."


Wednesday, April 5, 2018

Krycek's POV

Since my accident, I find sleeping impossible. I've only slept a couple hours since being pushed off that fucking cliff. I lay awake for hours listening to the sounds of Walter snoring and Fox's soft breathing. My hand rests on Fox's warm belly. I close my eyes and try to imagine whom Amanda will look like, Walter or me? I hope she resembles both of us.

I sigh, as my bladder makes it presence known. I'm too comfortable lying next to Fox, so I hold off for as long as possible before finally slipping out from under the warm covers and rushing up to the bathroom.

My thoughts remain on my unborn daughter as I stand in front of the urinal and empty my bladder. After I wash my hands, I stare at my reflection in the mirror. My nipples are full and dark. There is a bead of moisture on the tips. I press down on the flesh around the left nipple and watch as a small stream of fluid runs down my chest. I wonder if I'll be producing milk throughout Fox's pregnancy and the birth of our babies. It wouldn't be unusual. When I gave birth to the triplets Fox started lactating. I smile remembering how disgusted he was over producing milk without the added benefit of becoming invisible, which is only triggered after giving birth.

Heading back down to bed, I pause when I see Walter is awake. He's propping himself up on his elbow on the other side of Fox. His eyes study me carefully.

"Are you okay?" he asks, his voice husky from sleep.

"I'm fine. I just needed to take a piss."

"It's all right to cry, Alex."

"I'm fine, Walter!"

He starts to say something else, but stops and sighs, "Come back to bed."


Thursday, April 6, 2018

Skinner's POV

I push the mash potatoes around my plate as my mind wanders over all of the problems from the past few days. Glancing up at my children, I note they're being unusually quiet. "Is something wrong?" I ask.

"It's Dad Alex, he won't leave his bedroom even to eat with us," Summer says.

"He's worried about Dad Fox and doesn't want to leave him alone," I say, still picking at my food. I've been attending to urgent matters downstairs for the last couple of days and haven't been spending much time with any of them. Thank God, Jeffrey and Ian volunteered to watch Arman. This was the worse possible time for the aliens to rear their ugly heads.

"When Dad Fox wakes up is he going to leave us again?" Kira asks.

"I don't know." I look at their sad faces. "I hope he'll agree to stay here, I don't want him going back downstairs to live either. But the decision rests with your Dad Fox."

We finish the remainder of the meal in silence. Afterward, I spend some time playing monopoly with the twins and Gawain. My mind isn't on the game; I'm too concerned about my lovers. I force myself to play for the sake of our children; someone needs to be here for them.

"Dad, can we finish playing tomorrow? I'm too tired to play now," Nadia says.

"Sure," I say, pushing my chair back from the table and standing. "I'll see you kids in the morning. I'm going to turn in now."

"Night, Dad," Gawain and the twins say.

I hurry back to the bedroom. Alex isn't in his usual place, curled around Fox; instead he's sitting cross-legged on the floor going through a box of old baby clothes.

"Alex, what are you doing?"

"I'm going through the triplets old clothes. I think Fox's babies will be able to wear most of these. They're not in too bad of shape," he says, holding up a tiny purple velvet dress.

It worries me at how easily he's gotten over losing Amanda. Alex hasn't even shed one tear. Now he's sorting through old baby clothes. I would think this would be the last thing he'd be doing.

"I thought you were saving the clothes to give to Alina, Regina, and Morgan for keepsakes when they're older," I say.

"You're right," he sighs, "we can buy new clothes for Fox's babies."

"Alex, do you want to go and tuck the triplets and Gawain into bed? I'll stay here with Fox," I say casually.

"Sure," Alex says, rising. "I want to grab something to eat from the kitchen. Do you want me to bring you back anything?"

"No. I'm going to take a shower and turn in," I say.

"Keep an eye on him," Alex warns from the doorway, before closing it behind him.

I shake my head, wondering what to make of Alex's behavior as I head up to the bathroom. Maybe losing the baby isn't affecting him as much as I thought it would.



Friday, April 7, 2018

Mulder's POV

I'm uncomfortably hot as I drift up from sleep. It takes me a moment to identify the source of my discomfort. There's a warm body wrapped around me. I can feel the press of a penis against my hip and an arm across my chest. Warm breath tickles the side of my face.

"Alex?" I say, opening my eyes and focusing on the dark head resting next to mine on the pillow. Green eyes lift and a soft smile spreads across his sweet lips. It's like a scene from one of my many wet dreams.

"Fox." Alex hugs me even tighter.

I'm not sure what day it is or how long I've been asleep, but the events that put me back in my lovers' bed return like a sledgehammer blow. I wrap my arms around Alex, holding him as I sob. It takes me several minutes to find my voice.

"Alex, I'm so sorry. It's my fault you lost your baby."

Alex peppers kisses on my face. "Sh, Fox, it's all right."

I look at him bewildered. Why is he being so calm and forgiving? Was I wrong about him losing the baby?

The bed sinks as Walter sits beside us. I see sadness in his brown eyes and realize that I wasn't wrong--Alex has lost their baby.

Walter's hand cups the side of my face as he gazes into my eyes. "Fox, why don't you let me run you a bath. I'm sure you could use one after sleeping for five days."

"That long?" I must have really over-extended myself.

Alex sits up and scrambles off the bed. "I'll run a bath for him. Walter, you should be heading downstairs. Don't you have a kingdom to rule?"

"*We* have a kingdom to rule...you, Fox, and me. Alex, why don't you get dressed, and go to the kitchen and ask Jacques to make us a large breakfast? I want to talk to Fox alone."

Alex tenses and frowns. "Okay." He turns back to me as I climb tiredly out of bed. "Fox, I need to talk to you in private later," he says then stomps off toward his closet.

I feel strange being in our bedroom again. It's been so long since I've been in their presence naked that I feel self-conscious. Walter starts up the steps to the bathroom and stops at the top, waiting for me to join him. I glance over at the open closet door before heading up.

Walter strips off his robe and starts filling the bathtub. My libido isn't going to last very long around a naked Walter. It's been too long since I've had sex. Only my concern for Alex and my need to maintain my independence keeps my hormones in check.

"Walter, what are you doing?" I ask.

"I'm running us a bath." There's nervousness in his movements and it occurs to me that Walter's unsure about how to behave around me.

"Walter, just because I'm in your bathroom doesn't mean we're going to share a bath." I realize that I'm not ready to forgive him yet.

Walter frowns. "I'm sorry, I thought we could share a bath as we discuss Alex." He starts to retrieve his bathrobe from the floor.

I sigh, deciding to extend the olive branch. Realizing, we need to ease the tension between us before we can help Alex get over his baby's death.

"Walter, I want to thank you for the gift you gave me. It means a lot to me."

A shy smile spreads across Walter's lips, making my heart flutter with desire. I swallow and look away.

"Fox, I wanted to give you something that would let you know how important you are to me as a friend and a companion. That would show you how much I respect you, even if I haven't shown it to you in a long time."

I snort. "You can say that again."

"I'm sorry that I made you feel like I didn't respect you, or care about your feelings. Fox, what happened two months ago isn't solely Alex and my fault, Arty found an alien device down in the gardens. It had all of our DNA on it, he says its function was to alter our emotions."

I feel slightly ill. "I-I want to see this device. Did you have Shinji or Scully examine it?"

"No. I sent it to my scientists to study."

"Walter, I don't trust anyone but our friends with something this important."

Walter walks over to where I'm standing; he touches the side of my face. "Fox, you never change its one of the things I love about you. You're right of course, I should have sent the device to Scully and Shinji to study first." As he looks at me, I feel nothing but his undying love. Walter cautiously draws me into his arms. I hesitantly return the embrace. It feels right being in his arms again. The warmth of his body against mine is comforting as well as disconcerting. Walter suddenly breaks down sobbing, holding me tighter.

"Shh, Walter, what's wrong?"

"You don't know how much it hurts not having you in my life. Please, come home, Fox, I love you."

I've already decided to return to them. I realized while Alex's lifeless body was lying in my arms that I will never stop loving or caring for them, even if they don't always treat me as an equal. Well that last part is going to change--no longer will I be the doormat in this relationship.

"I'm home, Walter," I whisper in his ear, "I-I love you, too." In the past I never had a problem telling Walter that I loved him, but this time it felt forced. Will our relationship ever be what it once was? Did this alien device permanently alter our feelings for each other? I chew on my lower lip as I hold Walter in my arms.

He lets out a sigh of relief and relaxes in my embrace. We stand for several moments just holding each other before I break the contact. "Why don't you go down and light a fire in the hearth while I take a bath? Then we can talk about Alex."

"Okay, Fox." He hesitates at the top of the steps. "Are we really okay?"

"I won't lie to you, Walter. It's going to take a lot of work for us to repair our relationship."

His expression becomes sad. "I'll do whatever it takes, Fox," he says then heads down the steps to the bedroom.

I sink into the hot water and touch my belly as I feel the baby move. At least with me moving back, Walter and Alex can help with the baby. I feared having this child alone.

The bath helps me relax, allowing me some time to reflect on my life. When I climb out of the tub I feel rejuvenated. My old bathrobe is still hanging on its hook next to Alex's. I pull it on before heading down the steps. Walter is pacing in front of the French doors leading outside to the veranda. He stops and stares at me as I drop onto the loveseat in front of the fireplace.

"Do you mind if I sit next to you?" Walter asks.

I cock my head and gaze up at him, smiling softly. "No."

He sinks onto the cushions beside me. "Fox, there's something you need to know."

"What?"

"Doctor Pendrell examined you, after you healed Alex. I was afraid you might have over-extended yourself and put the baby at risk."

It seems like a reasonable concern, so I nod. "Go on, so he examined me and found out I was all right."

"Fox, he found out that you're pregnant with triplets."

"Triplets. Oh shit...." I think I'm going to throw-up.

Walter smiles. "Yeah, three girls."

I sigh, "That probably made Alex feel even worse after losing his baby."

"No. He's overjoyed that you're having triplets." Walter frowns. "That's the problem, Fox. Alex hasn't shown the slightest bit of grief over losing Amanda."

"He hasn't cried?"

"No. Not even when we buried her...it's beginning to worry me."

"I'll talk to him, if you think it will help?"

"Alex looks up to you."

I give him an incredulous look.

"Fox, you know he does."

"Maybe once upon a time he did," I say, then change the subject. "Walter, did you track down who pushed him off the cliff yet?"

"No. We've started interviewing everyone on the island. Fox, I could use you on this."

"I was planning on looking into it anyway. The bastard isn't going to get away with it, if I can help it!"


Krycek's POV

I nervously pace the kitchen waiting for Fox and Walter. Our kids are all in school with the exception of Arman, he's been staying Jeffrey and Ian. I've only left Fox's side three times while he's been sleeping. It makes me anxious being away from him for even a few minutes.

"Alex, would you like a cup of coffee?" Jacques asks. He's making a vegetable frittata, which smells delicious.

"No."

I sigh with relief when Fox and Walter finally enter the kitchen.

Fox hurries over and hugs me. I feel the press of his pregnant belly against mine. I hug him back. He kisses me thoroughly, making me feel worshipped.

Cupping my face, he looks into my eyes. "I'm sorry about your baby. I wish I could have saved her."

I smile slyly at him and take his hand, pulling him to the other side of the kitchen. We stop in front of the doors leading out to the patio. "I don't want Walter to hear us. He'd never believe me," I whisper.

Fox glances over at Walter who is watching us from across the kitchen. "What's this about, Alex?"

"I didn't lose Amanda, you're carrying her for me."

The color drains from Fox's face...I know it's probably a lot for him to take in so suddenly. So I give him a minute for it to sink in. He'll realize the truth for himself.

"Alex, I'm not carrying her."

"Fox, you're pregnant with her."

"I'd know if I were. Your baby is dead, Alex."

"No! That's a lie!" I thought he'd believe me.

Fox grabs my hands and places them on his belly. "Look at me! Deep down you know that I'm not carrying Amanda. She died before we could reach you."

"NO!" I literally see red, I'm so angry that I can't stop myself from lashing out. I slam my fist into his face. Fox loses his balance and lands on his butt.

Walter's at his side instantly. He helps Fox to his feet while glaring angrily at me.

Fox sways weakly and pushes him away. Blood is dripping from of his nose and from a cut lip. I'm too stunned by my actions to even speak. I just stare at him. Fox turns away from me, he opens the patio door and steps outside, closing it behind him. I swallow, watching him walk across the patio to the railing with his back to us. His shoulders shake as he hugs himself around the middle. It feels like the floor drops out beneath me. What have I done?

Walter continues to glare at me extremely pissed. "Dammit! You hit him, Alex! Why?"

I'm crying as I shake my head. "I-I don't know. I-I'm s-sorry."

Walter swears and opens the patio door, hurrying over to Fox's side. I stand frozen in the doorway. I find it hard to see through my tears.

"I'm fine, Walter," Fox says. "Go back to Alex."

Walter has his handkerchief out and is dabbing at the blood on Fox's face. "You're not fine. You're bleeding."

"Not for long. Besides it was my fault, I should have been more sensitive."

I watch them in a daze. All that I can think about is that I hit Fox and that my baby is really dead. I turn away and race out of the room.


Skinner's POV

Fox grabs my arm and steers me toward the door.

"Dammit, Walter, go after him!"

"What happened, Fox?" I demand.

"He thought I was pregnant with Amanda."

"Why would he think that?"

"He couldn't face the truth. Go to him. He shouldn't be alone right now."

"Where did he go?" I ask desperately after discovering Alex is blocking me.

"Her grave."

I caress Fox's cheek with the backs of my fingers. "Are you going to be all right."

"I'll be fine. Go."

I nod and hurry after Alex.

He's exactly where Fox said he would be. I pause at the iron-gate leading into the palace's graveyard. It only has six graves. One of them is Duffy's. The other graves belong to my uncle and cousin, and a couple close friends.

Alex is kneeling next to Amanda's grave. His face buried in his hands as he sobs uncontrollably. He doesn't hear me walk up and kneel beside him on the damp ground. I remain silently at his side. I'm there for him when he needs me.

"Does he hate me?" he finally says almost an hour later.

"No. He's worried about you."

"But he didn't come after me."

"I came, Alex."

Fox's voice startles both of us. We turn and see him standing in the entrance to the graveyard. He's holding a dozen white roses. He walks over to us and kneels on the other side of the grave, placing the flowers in a holder next to the headstone.

I look at his face. He's taken the time to wash the blood off and change his shirt. I'm sure he didn't want Alex to be reminded of hitting him.

Alex stands and walks shakily over to his side, kneeling next to him. "Fox, I'm sorry."

"Don't, Alex. It wasn't your fault," Fox says, looking down at his hands. I can tell that he doesn't want Alex to see the hurt in his eyes. Fox schools his expression as he turns to face Alex. He wraps an arm behind Alex's back, pulling him toward his body.

Alex collapses against him, sobbing. "Oh God, Fox, my baby's dead."

Fox holds him while whispering soothingly into his ear. "Shh, Alex, you have to believe she's in a better place. She's with your mom...Aleksandra will take care of her."

I kneel beside them and wrap my arms around both of them. We stay beside the grave for another hour, before heading back inside.


Mulder's POV

I stop down at my apartment and change into a dry pair of sweatpants. I've been too lazy to dig my maternity clothes out of storage. It looks like I'll have to dig out the maternity clothes Alex used when pregnant with the triplets.

I glance around my bedroom. The room is stark with only a bed, television, and nightstand. There are no paintings on the walls or drapes on the window. The only room that I spent anytime personalizing in this place was my office. There I have all the photographs of my children framed and hung on the walls. Even Arman's bedroom isn't decorated like his room upstairs had been. Maybe deep down I knew this was only temporary that I'd be returning to Walter and Alex.

I walk into the bathroom and look at my reflection in the mirror. Although there's no longer any physical sign of being punched in the face, it still stings. Not that I can blame Alex for hitting me, I shouldn't have shattered his delusion so harshly. Some psychologist I am.

"Mulder, are you going back to them?" Shinji asks from the doorway.

"Yeah."

"I've decided to give Rory and Kazuo another chance, too. Are we hopeless or what?"

I shrug my shoulders. "Let's hope it works this time."

Glancing at my watch, I realize how late its getting. "I'll talk to you tomorrow, Shin." I hurry out of the room...I'm having lunch with Walter and Alex in our apartment.

"Hey gorgeous, it's nice to see your lovely self finally out of bed. By the way, you're really starting to get fat," Arty metallic voice says as I step inside the elevator.

"Arty, I hear that someone planted an alien device inside the palace under your ever watchful electronic eyes. What were you doing watching old 'Get Smart' reruns again?" I say, knowing that Arty does not like criticism.

The lights on the video camera blink off as Arty ends the connection.

I exit the elevator and stroll to the kitchen. The doors to the patio are open and I can smell meat grilling. Alex steps into the room from the patio.

There is deep sadness behind Alex's eyes. He's trying to put on a normal front, but it's going to take him a long time to get over losing Amanda.

"Fox, I'm really sorry that I hit you."

"Alex, you already apologized." I hug him. "I understand...I don't hold you responsible for your actions."

He smiles sadly. "I feel responsible." Shaking his head, he walks over to the refrigerator and pulls out a pitcher of lemonade. "Fox, can you get the plastic outdoor plates and utensils? Walter wants to eat outside on the patio."

"Sure." I open the cupboard where the outdoor items are stored, and pull out the plates, napkins, and utensils. Alex is already out on the patio by the time I gather all of the items.

Walter is standing at the gas barbecue turning the shish kabobs he's grilling.

I place the items I'm carrying on one of the round umbrella tables then walk over to stand beside him. "It smells good," I say, gazing hungrily at the giant prawns, green peppers, mushrooms, and pineapple kabobs.

"I remembered that this was one of your favorite meals when you were pregnant with Mani," Walter says, brushing some teriyaki sauce onto the kabobs.

"I'm surprised you'd remember this particular dish, I ate like a pig when I was carrying him."

"We know!" Walter chuckled.

"And you didn't get fat, unlike me," Alex says, walking over to us and placing his arm around my expanding waist. "Walter says you're moving back home to us. Is that really true?"

I place my arm around his back resting my hand on his denim-clad hip. "Yes. I'm willing to try again to work out our differences. Besides, if this alien device Arty found was responsible for what happened two months ago—I don't want to give them the satisfaction of breaking us up."

"I'm happy you're giving us another chance. We'll make it right this time, Fox."

"I expect total freedom to go on FBI investigations without having to get permission first, even if it's outside of Walter's kingdom."

"Our kingdom," Walter corrects, then he frowns, adding, "Fox, on Tuesday something happened that affects yours and Alex's safety."

"What happened?" Alex asks.

"I'll tell you while we eat," he says, transferring the kabobs to a platter he has next to the grill.

We follow him over to the table. I wonder what happened Tuesday that Walter didn't want to tell Alex about until now. He waits until we start eating before telling us.

"The aliens abducted the three South American immortals, using the portal. They were all attending a wedding together at the time," Walter says, spearing a mushroom with his fork. He pops it into his mouth and chews quietly for a few seconds. "We believe they must have an agent or agents on Earth working for them."

"And you believe that we might be next?" I ask.

Walter shakes his head. "No. We just have to be more careful with our sons, Alex, and your safety."

I don't like where he's heading with this conversation. "I'll take along a couple of extra sorcerers with me when I leave the island."

"Fox--"

"Walter, don't start with me! I'll be careful, but I'm not going to live my life in a box any longer."

Walter sighs, "Okay, but at least give us the courtesy of telling us when you need to leave the island for any reason."

Victory, I smile inwardly. "I can live with those terms."

"Fox, I want my old job back at the FBI as your partner," Alex says.

"Don't you mean as my babysitter?" I say.

"We were always equals when we worked together and you know it!" Alex snaps.

Okay, that much is true, especially after Alex lost his sorcerer powers for the second, and apparently final, time. "I'm sorry, Alex, you're right we were equals at work. You're going to have to talk to Deputy Director Sullivan about getting your former job back."

"I don't think I'll have a problem getting Jack to give me my job back."

I use a napkin to pick up the shish kabob and push the prawns and vegetables off with my fork. "How has Mani been this week?"

"Jeffrey and Ian volunteered to watch him the last few days," Walter says. "If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to leave him with them until tomorrow."

"I don't mind."

"Would you, guys, like to throw darts after we finish eating?" Walter asks.

I smile at him; darts is the game we play instead of basketball when either Alex or I am pregnant. "Sure, it's been a long time since we've done anything fun together."

"I'm game, too," Alex says.


Krycek's POV

I wander outside onto the veranda off our bedroom and gaze at the setting sun. Tears are threatening to spill again. When I was with Fox and Walter, they proved an easy distraction from the pain. Now, when I'm alone, there is nothing to take my mind off Amanda.

Fox is spending time with our children. They were all thrilled to see that he was awake when they arrived home from school. Walter is in his study meeting with his generals. He invited me along, but I bowed out. I wasn't about to be part of something unless Fox is part of it, too. I hear the sound of the veranda door opening, but I keep my eyes on the dying glow of light on the horizon.

"Alex, I thought you were with Walter," Fox says. There's concern in his voice that touches me deeply.

I shake my head and turn to face him. "Fox, I've come to the realization that both of us need to be more involved in running this kingdom with Walter. I won't do it without you."

"Alex, you were able to win the respect of Walter's generals and top government officials. They don't see me in the same light. Besides, I enjoy my job at the FBI."

Arty's mechanical voice interrupts our conversation. "Prince Fox, your date is waiting for you in the northeast foyer," he announces over the intercom.

"Oh fuck, I forgot all about Jobe."

"You're not going out with him, I hope!" I can't keep the anger out of my voice.

"No."

At least Fox has the good grace to look chagrined. I follow him out of the bedroom. "How did you meet him?"

"I haven't met him yet. Cyrus Kane, of Mister Kane's Perfect Mates arranged the date," Fox says.

"You were going on a date with a perfect stranger?" I'm stunned by the stupidity of that act.

Fox shrugs his shoulders. "Frohike checked him out for me."

Our children and Walter are in the northeast foyer when we arrive. Walter has Fox's date up against the wall and is threatening to beat the crap out of him. While our usually polite children are encouraging him to hit Jobe. Arty's little announcement must have gone out throughout our home.

"Walter, let him go," Fox says, placing his hand on Walter's forearm. "Now!"

Glaring at Fox, Walter lets the man go with a shove. Jobe is sweating and glancing desperately at Fox for help.

"I'm sorry, Jobe, I should have called and cancelled our date. It just slipped my mind."

"I take it we won't be going out some other time?" the man asks as he desperately slaps the down button on the elevator.

"We won't be going out ever."

The elevator doors open and Jobe falls inside. After the doors close, there is a crackle of mechanical laughter from over the speakers.

"Not funny, Arty!" Fox growls.

"Dad, you weren't seriously thinking about going out with that creep?" Hunter asks.

Fox blushes. "I--" He turns on his heels. "I'm going to the kitchen for a sundae. Anyone interested in joining me?" he asks halfway down the hallway.


Saturday, April 8, 2018

Skinner's POV

I sit on the edge of the bed and watch my lovers sleep. Last night we were a family again, even if we didn't have sex.

The only damper on the evening was when Fox's date showed up at our apartment. He never should have been allowed past the fifteenth floor, but Arty was in a mischievous mood.

At least Fox was embarrassed by the incident.

My eyes go to Alex's face when he whimpers in his sleep and starts thrashing. Fox turns on his side and wraps his arms around him soothingly.

"Come back to bed, Walter," Fox murmurs.

I crawl under the blankets, and snuggle up beside him. I'm hoping he'll feel like having sex later.

"DADS!" Nicky shouts as he runs into our bedroom.

"What's wrong?" I ask, sitting up.

"Sergei and Ari have taken Kat to the hospital, she's in labor!"

Fox moans.

I smirk, looking down at him. "Ready to be a grandpa, babe?"

"No." Fox shakes Alex awake.

"Whattimeisit?" Alex mutters.

"Kat's in labor. Do you want to sleep or come with Walter and me to the hospital?"

Alex rubs his eyes. "I'll come with you guys. But I'd like to shower first."

Fox walks over to his closet and opens the doors. "I guess I'll need to haul my clothes back up here," he sighs, looking at the empty shelves.

Smiling, I use my powers to transfer all of his clothes from downstairs back up here.


Mulder's POV

I stare down at my granddaughter. Twelve hours of waiting for her to be born was worth it. She's one hundred percent human and immune to the alien virus.

"She looks like you, Sergei," I say. Our son is nervously looking down at his newborn daughter sleeping in Kat's arms.

"Yes, she does," Walter agrees.

"Have you chosen a name yet?" I ask.

"We decided on Grace," Kat says, then smiles tiredly. "We're naming our first son Fox."

"Have you considered Walter or William for names?" I ask hopefully.

"I like the name Fox," she says, stifling a yawn.

I glance over at Alex who is standing quietly at the foot of the bed. He has a distant expression on his face. I meet Walter's eyes and he walks over to Alex and puts his arms around his shoulders.

Turning back to the bed, I smile at Kat then look up at Ari. "We need to get back home. I'll stop down at your apartment tomorrow." I follow Walter and Alex out of the room to the elevator.

Walter has his arms wrapped around Alex comforting him. I stand on the opposite side of the elevator and watch them suddenly feeling like an intruder. I try not to show any emotion. I don't want my feelings to interfere with Walter comforting Alex. When the elevator stops on the main level we step off.

"Guys, I'm going to my office at the FBI...I have some work to catch up on. I'll see you later." I don't wait for them to respond as I hurry off in the opposite direction. I know they won't follow, since one of my conditions for coming back was for them to allow me more freedom.

Maybe I can track down the man who pushed Alex off the cliff. Working will at least give me time to get my emotions under control. One of the things I hate about being pregnant is how it affects my mood. I find myself happy one moment and depressed the next.

It's five o'clock Saturday night, so the FBI offices are deserted. I unlock my door and turn on the lights. I spend five hours working, before I hear someone enter the room outside my office. I yawn and glance up at the clock. It's ten o'clock and I wonder who's here. My office door opens and Sid Stuart steps inside. He's Walter's former Secretary of State. Alex fired him back in December. An alarm bell goes off inside my head as I slowly stand.

"What do you want?" I ask as I try to contact Walter but am blocked from doing so by Stuart. He's a pretty competent sorcerer.

He pulls out a gun and points it at my belly.

"He should have reinstated me as his Secretary of State, but he listened to that immortal slut of a brother of his. I served him loyally for over twelve years and this is how he repays my dedication!" he says bitterly.

I glare angrily at the man. "You're the one who pushed Alex off the cliff. Why? You knew it wouldn't kill him."

"I wanted to hurt him and the King." He waves the gun around as he talks before aiming it back at my belly.

I need to keep him talking. "How did you know Alex would lose the baby?" I feel sick, knowing how easily he could kill my babies and he wouldn't even need the gun. He could just kill me with his powers, only I reason, Stuart doesn't want anyone to know that a sorcerer is responsible. I think he's hoping that after he shoots me, I'll remain unconscious long enough for him to get off the island.

"I didn't." He smirks. "It was an added benefit, one I plan to repeat."

"Don't do this."

"You should have stayed away from them. I didn't want to hurt you, Prince Fox, but you went back to them."

"Stuart, you know how important girls are to our world. I'm pregnant with triplets...how can you kill them? Even if you hate Walter and Alex, do you really want to take the lives of three baby girls?" I cross my arms over my belly protectively.

"It's King Walter's fault, he's the one to blame." Stuart steps closer.

"Look, if you let my babies live I'll have sex with you."

Stuart laughs. "You're not a slut, it's one of the things I admire about you, Prince Fox."

"Walter will kill you if you harm me and our babies."

"The King doesn't respect you. He only respects that slutty brother of his. You should have heard the way he used to joke about you in front of his Generals and Cabinet."

I don't let him see how much his words hurt. "It doesn't matter. Walter loves me."

"You deserve more than his love--"

"Fox has more than my love! He has my respect and admiration!" Walter's voice surprises both of us.

I look over at Walter standing angrily in my office doorway. The sound of the gun firing and the sudden pain in my arm makes me dive behind my desk for cover. I hear Stuart scream in pain and smell burned flesh. I look at my arm. The bullet has shattered the bone, but at least it prevented it from penetrating my belly.

"Fox, are you okay?" Walter asks. He's kneeling at my side.

I cradle my arm on my lap as blood drips between my fingers to the floor. "He wanted to kill our babies. He's the one who pushed Alex off the cliff. Stuart wanted to get back at Alex and you for firing him." I'm shaking uncontrollably as Walter wraps his handkerchief around my arm trying to stem the bleeding.

"I'm going to get you home. Can you walk or do you want me to carry you?"

"Not easily. I'm starting to feel light-headed."

Walter helps me to my feet. "Fox, I hope you don't believe Stuart...I've never joked about you."

"Walter, I'll take your word over Stuart's," I say, leaning against him.

Alex, followed by several of the palace's security force, rushes into the office as Walter is helping to steady me.

I can see the look of fear in Alex's eyes as he stares at all of the blood covering my arm and belly. He pays no attention to the burnt body on the floor as he rushes over to my side and starts healing my arm.

"What happened, Walter?" Alex asks.

"It was Sid Stuart. He's the one who pushed you off the cliff. He was going to kill Fox's babies. But thankfully he missed."

"Fuck. I wish you hadn't killed him. I would have liked the honor," Alex says.

"Sorry, Alex, when he shot Fox I lost my temper."

"Don't drain yourself, Alex," I say, pulling my arm away. My bones have mostly mended and the wound has healed over. It's still painful.

"Don't worry, Fox, I don't want to fall asleep before we talk about your rushing off to work on a Saturday night and leaving Walter and I standing in the middle of the corridor."

I shrug my shoulders. "You didn't need me in the way."

"Dammit, Fox, don't ever think you're in the way!"

"I'm sorry, Fox, I should have been more sensitive to your feelings, considering the way we treated you recently," Walter says.

I feel embarrassed and guilty over their attention. Alex should be the center of attention right now. "It's not you or Alex, it's me. I'm still feeling like an outsider. I don't want to get in the way of you guys loving each other."

Alex touches the side of my face. "Fox, we got along so well all these years because we didn't exclude each other. Walter and I ruined that by excluding you from our bed and our lives. We took you for granted. I'm sorry about that even if it was partly caused by outside forces. Now that you're back we need to focus on making our relationship work, and that means we have to communicate. If you're feeling excluded or uncomfortable, you need to tell us."

I relax, feeling foolish for not talking to them. "Let's go home."

I avoid looking at Stuart's body as we leave my office and start back to our apartment. It is already late at night and we're all tired.

"Walter, how did you know Stuart was in my office?"

"I didn't. I was coming to ask you to come home. I sensed danger half way there and contacted Alex telepathically."

Ethan is in our bedroom reading in front of the fireplace while Arman sleeps in the middle of our bed. Our son's nanny closes the book and stands when we enter. "He didn't want to sleep in his bedroom. He said he misses you."

Everything has been so hectic since I woke that I haven't even seen my baby boy. "Thanks, Ethan, you can turn in. I'll take care of Mani."

Ethan nods and strolls out of our bedroom.

"You guys don't mind if he stays with us tonight?" I ask.

"No. It's not like we have energy for anything other than sleep," Walter says, yawning. He looks at us. "Shower?"

"Yeah, I need to wash the blood off," I say and touch Alex's arm. "Alex, are you going to be all right?"

Alex yawns, he's barely staying awake. "I'm going to be needing a day of sleep." He sighs, "I can't believe he pushed me off a cliff just because I fired his sorry ass."

Walter places his hand on Alex's back. "It's my fault, Alex. I never should have made Stuart my Secretary of State. I knew he looked down at everyone who wasn't a sorcerer."

"It's not your fault, Walter," Alex says, shrugging off his shirt. "But we need to expand our government to involve a fairer number humans."

"I agree. I should have had more humans in my cabinet years ago."

Alex changes into his pajamas and slips under the covers next to Arman. "Can we talk about this later? I need to sleep...." He's asleep as soon his head hit the pillow.

I drop my bloodstained clothes into the hamper then head up to the bathroom. As I turn on the shower, I hear a flurry of activity behind me, then Walter's voice.

"Mind if I join you?"

I look behind me at my lover sans clothes. "No, I don't mind. I could use someone to wash my back."

Walter steps into the shower next to me and squirts some shower gel into his hand from the container on the shelf. "Turn around," he says.

As soon as I do his hands are on my shoulders, rubbing the gel into my flesh until it foams. His hand slips around to my front and strokes over my chest and down to my belly. Pink water washes off down the drain as he tenderly cleans me. I lean back into his arms. The contact makes my head spin with desire. It's been too long since I've been touched this way.

"Walter, make love to me."

"Are you sure?" he asks. His hot breath against my ear sends shivers down to my groin. His arms enfold me from behind, and I can feel his arousal pressing against my butt.

"I'm sure--"

"Daddy, can I play in the shower, too?"

I groan, looking down at our three-year-old son standing outside the shower in his pajamas.

"No!" Walter says, "I want you to march back down those steps and get back into bed."

Arman lower lip sticks out in a pout. "Please, Daddy, I been a good boy."

"Arman go back to bed. Your Dad and I will be down in a few minutes," I say.

"You're mean!" Arman turns and stomps off down the steps.

I sigh, "Can you see if he's back in bed?"

"No, he's sitting on the sofa." Walter's hands caress my shoulders and arms.

"I can't have sex with him sitting down there."

"I have a solution."

A brick wall suddenly appears around the shower.

"You're good," I say, as Walter's fingers pinch my nipples his mouth latches onto a patch of skin between my neck and collarbone. "Mm, very good...." I lean back in his arms, loving the pleasurable sensations he's giving me.

"Fox, it's been so long since I've touched you. I don't think I'll be able to last very long."

His hand moves from my hip to caress my ass. "Lean against the wall and spread your legs," he says huskily. There is a desperate strain in his voice.

I put my hands on the tiled shower wall and spread my feet apart. Hot water caresses over my back as Walter's hand spreads my buttocks apart. He smears lubricant down my crease. Then his thick finger pushes inside me. I bite my lip against the brief pain. It's been so long since I've had sex. I push back on the finger spearing my sphincter. A moan escapes my lips and blood rushes to my penis as Walter's finger discovers my prostate.

"You're so tight, Fox. I'm not hurting you, am I?"

"No...feels good."

At my reassurance a second finger pushes inside. Walter works for several minutes loosening me before I feel his large cockhead pushing against my opening. By this point, I'm out of my head with arousal, even if he rips me in two I'll never notice.

Walter's fingers are digging into my hips as he shoves the last couple of inches inside me. He plants a kiss between my shoulder blades. I feel immense pleasure at being filled by him. My vibrator couldn't come close to offering me the same level of pleasure.

"I love you so much, Fox," Walter says, hugging me against his chest.

I close my eyes and enjoy the sensation of being one with my lover. We stay this way for several minutes, before I push against the tile wall and wiggle my ass. "C'mon, Bear, fuck me already."

Walter's hands goes over the tops of mine. His wet fury chest is pressed across the length of my back as he starts to slowly move his hips, pulling part way out and thrusting back in. Each slide of his cock brings me indescribable pleasure. My dick is leaking precum and feeling like its about to explode. With his hands over mine it's impossible for me to reach it. I'm dying to touch it. I try to pull one hand free, but he holds on tighter.

"Walter...please...."

"Patience," Walter purrs as he quickens the force of his thrusts.

"Touch me...."

Walter chuckles, "I'm touching you, can't you feel me?"

"I feel you...." I laugh as his cock punches into me. "But I want another part touched."

He doesn't slow his thrusts as he takes a hand off mine and brings it down to grab my shaft. It only takes a couple of pulls and I'm coming, spurting over his fist and hitting the shower wall. The milky cum clings to the dark tiles for a few seconds before the water sloshes it off, rinsing it down the drain.

My anal muscles clench around his thick organ. Walter cries out and comes, filling me with his release.

After we catch our breath, Walter turns me to face him. I lean exhaustedly against the tile wall as he covers my mouth with his, kissing the last bit of breath from my body. I melt into his arms.

The wall around the shower vanishes. I glance toward the stairs. "You have been keeping an eye on Mani?" I ask, knowing that Walter would be watching him.

"Don't worry, he's sleeping on the sofa." Walter smiles, hugging me. "He takes after someone I know."

I smile back. "Let's go to bed."

We change into our pajamas and head down to the bedroom. Walter fetches a blanket, and covers our son while I climb into bed.

I turn on my side, facing Alex as Walter climbs into bed. He spoons behind me.

"Our lives are going to be hectic the next three months," I say.

"Do you still want to go to Russia for your daughters' weddings next month?"

"Yeah, it's going to be hell in my condition, but I don't want to miss their weddings."

Walter kisses the back of my neck as his hand rests on my hip. "Alex and I will be with you."


The Winter Palace
May 8, 2018

Krycek's POV

Walter and I keep close to Fox's side as we enter the chapel. At over five months pregnant his ankles are swollen and he's having a difficult time walking. I wonder how Fox will be able to walk his daughter Marina down the aisle.

"Guys, can we sit and rest for a second?" he says.

"Sure, Fox." Walter places his hand around Fox's back and helps him down.

Fox sighs, resting a hand on his round belly. "I don't know how I'm going to make it through two more months of this."

"You'll be fine." I kneel and remove his shoes so I can massage his feet, using some of my healing energy.

"Thanks, Alex."

"Relax."

Fox leans forward and kisses me. "What would I do without you?"

I'm putting his shoes back on when River enters the chapel.

"Dads, what do you think of the decorations?" River says, strolling down the aisle. He's wearing a black tuxedo with sapphire buttons that match his eyes.

"It's beautiful, River," Walter says.

They are having a traditional western-style wedding ceremony.

"I'm surprised that it's so understated," I say, glancing around at the simple dacor of the deep red roses in crystal vases set upon marble pedestals. We've been here four days and have attended several opulent receptions. The dacor was overly garish.

River chuckles and walks over to stand at my side. "Nikolai likes flaunting his wealth, but he does have a lot of class when it comes to important events like his daughters' weddings."

Fox looks up at him. "Is he treating you all right?"

Smiling, River kneels beside Fox. "He worships me, Dad."

"Are you still planning on coming home, to us, when you're pregnant with his child?"

"Yes. Nikolai says he'll love me regardless, but I don't really believe he'll be able to get over his aversion to my being pregnant." River touches Fox's belly. "I can't believe you're having triplets. I hope I don't have more than one."

I smile down at our son. It's hard to believe how easily he's taken to the idea of becoming pregnant. Even after suffering through the loss of my baby, I'm still repulsed by the mere thought of becoming pregnant. I hope Shinji hurries up and finds that cure.

The other guests start filing into the large chapel. N'thral ushers show them to their seats, saving the first pews for family. We didn't take any of our children with us. Jeffrey and Ian are taking care of Arman, the twins, and the triplets. While Gabriel Hunter and Kazuo Sawada volunteered to watch the other kids for us. We struggled over leaving Hunter and Gawain behind, but felt they were safer at the palace than overseas with us. So instead of staying for the month of May, as we had initially planned, we're leaving tomorrow morning.

"Father, we're ready for you," Elizaveta says to Fox.

Walter helps Fox to his feet.

"God, I'm so big," Fox complains.

"You look beautiful, Father." Elizaveta takes his hand and leads him to a room off the back of the chapel.

"I think we should take our seats," I say, heading to the pew at the front of the chapel. We sit opposite Fox's and Slava's other three daughters. River joins them in their pew. The three future husbands are standing nervously with their best men at the altar. They're all good-looking, even General Yasha Ivanov who just turned fifty. All three of them are sorcerers and stopped aging after the virus changed them. Ivanov would have been thirty-three years old at the time.

The organist starts playing. The doors at the back of the chapel open and Slava steps out first with Raisa and Anatasja holding onto his forearms. They walk slowly down the aisle, followed by Fox and Marina. No expense has been spared on their bridal gowns; they are richly embroidered with pearls. A long train trails behind all three brides. I feel a sense of pride watching Fox. Even as big as he's getting, he still carries himself with grace and dignity.

Fox kisses Marina on the cheek as he deposits her beside her future husband. He then kisses his other two daughters before walking over to where we're sitting. Fox eases himself down onto the wooden pew. Slava has taken his seat beside River.

The priest begins the ceremony. After only a few minutes into it, I'm bored and start glancing around the chapel. There are more n'thrals here than in any place I've been lately. Slava always liked having them as guards. It will only be another twenty or so years before they're extinct. I glance across the aisle at Slava, holding River's hand. I feel immense hatred for him, if he ever hurts River I'll kill him. Why did I ever allow myself to become sexually involved with him?

"Alex?"

I start as Fox's hand lands on my shoulder.

"You're glaring," he whispers in my ear.

I pull my eyes off Slava and focus my attention back on the ceremony. "Sorry."

Fox takes my hand in his, squeezing it reassuringly.


Skinner's POV

I keep a close eye on Alex as he switches from dance partner to dance partner. It's not like he really wants to dance with any of them, but he's doing his best to represent our kingdom. Slava has invited leaders from different European and Asian countries to the reception.

Fox slowly sips his champagne, he wants to make it last, its the only one he's having. "At least being pregnant gets me out of dancing," he says, watching Alex.

I leer at him. "No it doesn't. You're dancing the first slow dance with me."

He looks down at his belly and chuckles. "Slow, but not cheek to cheek." Then his eyes graze over my body. "Aren't you tired yet? You've already danced with all of my daughters and River."

"I'll never be too tired to dance with you," I say, moving over to his side, I kiss him softly on the lips. This past month has been good between us.

"King Walter, Fox, I hope you're enjoying yourselves," Slava says, stopping at our table.

"We are."

"I'm sorry that River and I weren't able to make it to the funeral of Alexei's baby."

"No need to apologize, River explained the situation to me," I say as the band starts to play a slow song. "If you'll excuse us, Tsar Nikolai, Fox has promised me this dance."

Fox rolls his eyes as I help him to his feet and lead him out onto the marble dance floor. Men move aside and stand watching us. I place one his hip while holding his other. It's awkward with his huge belly in our way, but I don't let that stop me. I'm so proud of him and want everyone to know it. We sway to the music. I know he doesn't like being out in public while pregnant. It's a sign that our relationship is improving that he agreed to dance with me in front of others. Everyone in the room is watching us.

"I feel like a freak," he grumbles.

"You're not." I smile warmly. "You're so beautiful."

He squeezes my hand and focuses his mind on another subject as a means of ignoring everyone in the room, but me. "Walter, we need to start making the final arrangements for Hope's and Faith's wedding when we get back. It's only five weeks away."

"Are you all right with Alex and me walking them down the aisle?"

"We've already discussed this. I'll be only three weeks away from giving birth, I'd prefer that you and Alex walk them down the aisle. They're your daughters, too."

"Just checking, Fox," I say as the music ends and I lead him back to our table.

Alex storms over to us. "I'm going to hit the next guy that touches my ass, even if it starts a war!" he says, wrapping an arm around Fox's back to prevent him from sitting. "Guys, can we sneak out now?"

Fox sighs, "Are you kidding? I want to spend the rest of the evening soaking in a hot bath."

I place my hand on Fox's lower back. "I'll join you, if you don't mind," I say, steering them to the door. We have an early flight out in the morning and I want to enjoy Fox's and Alex's company tonight and sleep on the flight back home.

"I don't mind, Walter. Alex?"

"I think you could twist my arm into joining you," Alex says.

Fox's arms go behind our backs as we walk down the corridor. I meet Alex's eyes over his shoulders. We smile contently, both realizing the progress we've made in our relationship with him over the past month. We're still careful not to say or do anything that might be viewed by him as controlling or disrespectful. At least we're all communicating more openly. I've been taking it one day at a time, hoping for the best.


Chapter 8 - Leaving Home

Crystal Palace
Sunday, June 17, 2018

Faith's POV

I have butterflies fluttering around in my stomach and pray I don't throw up. Outside it is overcast and threatening to rain, matching my mood. This should be the happiest day of my life. Why do I feel like I'm being sentenced to prison? The church is standing room only as my sister Hope and her finance David stand on the other side of the alter from Marcus and me. My bride's maid, Angelique, stands beside me while Marcus' best man, Ted, stands next to him. Hope has selected Kaylie for her bride's maid. Our fiancas selected their closest friends from the military as their best men. I'm anxious as I look into Marcus' eyes as he lifts my veil. He smiles nervously before leaning in and kissing me. We've kissed before, but this time it's an expression of our love for each other in front of our family and friends.

I do love Marcus, but I wonder what my life would be like if I was given a choice when or if I married. Aunt Dana didn't get married until she was in her thirties.

After our lips part I glance over at my Dads. Dad Fox looks sad and uncomfortable as he sits on the hardwood pew. His belly is so huge that he needs help standing and sitting now. While I look at his belly, a moment of sadness seeps into my heart. Hope and I were conceived in a lab, unlike our brothers and sisters. I believe my siblings share a stronger bond with our parents. I grin as Dad Alex winks at me. God, I'm going to miss them.

My attention returns to Marcus as he leads me down the aisle and out of the church. The reception is being held in the palace's banquet hall.

Two horse drawn carriages are waiting to take us back to the palace. The church is within walking distance, but we are going in style. We'll be there to greet our guests at the banquet hall.

Angelique, Kaylie, and our best men get into the carriage behind ours as people start pouring out of the church to throw rice at us.

"David, I'm so happy we're finally married," Hope says, holding her husband's hand.

David leans in and kisses her. "Me, too."

"I'm going to miss you, Hope," I say.

"We won't be apart for long, Sis." Hope smiles radiantly.

After the reception, Hope is flying to Colorado with David, while Marcus and I will be going to New York for our honeymoon and then we're moving into Foxfire Glenn estate. I don't have any memories of living there. Hope and I were only babies when we moved to Martha's Vineyard. Our fathers kept the property in our family. Marcus has a job at the Pentagon.

"Faith, what are you thinking?" Marcus says softly.

"If you will still love me when I'm old and gray?"

"I'll always love you."

"Marcus, you're a sorcerer. I'm only human. I'm going to grow old, you're going to be forever young."

The carriage stops in front of the palace's main entrance. Marcus leaps out, and takes my hand, helping me down.

"I'll always love you, Faith," he repeats then kisses me.

We walk into the palace and take our spots waiting for our guests to arrive.


Angelique's POV

My sisters are so beautiful in their white, satin, bridal gowns. So tall and graceful...I feel small and dotty by comparison. Kaylie is equally beautiful. We're dressed in matching purple gowns. While the color looks good on Kaylie with her dark brown hair and dark eyes, it makes me look sickly and pale.

Mark, David's best man, is shamelessly flirting with Kaylie. Ted avoids any contact with me, including looking at me. I've grown used to the disdain aimed in my direction by human males. They hate me because of my seraphim father. My wings are a constant reminder of who and what I am.

I've resigned myself to always being alone and unloved by them. I smile as Uncle Jeffrey and my three cousins enter the banquet hall, like me, they all have wings. Humans don't resent them, since Uncle Jeffrey doesn't have any seraphim blood in his veins. His own father had cruelly changed him into a winged being against his will. His immortal mate Ian walks proudly at his side.

They kiss Hope and Faith and shake hands with David and Marcus as they make their way down the line to me.

"You look beautiful, Angelique," Jeffrey says as he kisses my cheek.

"Thank you, Uncle Jeffrey," I say.

"Beautiful? The lass is breathtaking! A vision!" Rory's voice booms as he walks over and hugs me.

I blush. "I am not, Uncle Rory."

"Are, too," he says, tweaking my nose.

I can't help smiling. He always makes me feel special.

The several guests of David's and Marcus' avoid greeting me and move on to the buffet table after shaking Ted's hand. Aunt Dana and Uncle Jonathan are the next in line. They both hug me and tell me how lovely I look.

By the time Dad Alex and Dad Walter arrive, forty-five minutes later, I'm desperate for a way to escape. They have Arman, Gawain, the triplets, and twins with them...I don't see Dad Fox. They seem to be the last in line.

"Where's Dad Fox?" Faith asks as our dads walk down the reception line.

"He wasn't feeling well and went upstairs to rest," Dad Alex says.

This gives me the perfect opportunity to escape. As our reception line breaks up and everyone heads toward the buffet table, I pull my sister aside. "Faith, I'm going to fly upstairs and check on Dad Fox."

Faith's expression turns sad. "Okay, Angel, if you feel you must leave."

She knows me so well.

"I'm sorry, Faith, I just don't feel comfortable around some of our guests."

Faith hugs me. "Thanks for being my bride's maid. I know it was a lot to ask of you."

I hug her back. "I was honored that you asked me. I'm going to miss you, Faith."

"You can come and visit Marcus and me at our home."

"We'll see," I say. She knows I don't like leaving the island unless our Dads are with me. I leave the room and head outside the palace. I enjoy flying up to our home. I spread my wings and launch myself into the air. It's drizzling, but I don't mind. I enjoy the feel of the rain against my face.

I fly up to the veranda off my parent's bedroom. When I enter the room, I find Dad Fox sitting on the sofa reading a book. He's dressed in a bathrobe and has his swollen feet up on a pillow on the coffee table.

He looks up as I step into the bedroom and smiles. "I see you escaped, bat girl."

I return his smile. "How are you feeling?"

"Like a beached whale." He puffs out his cheeks.

I giggle at the face he's making, then start to cry and fall into his arms.

He hugs me against his body. "Angel, what happened? Was someone rude to you at the wedding?"

I can hear the anger in my Dad's voice. If he had been there those men would have suffered his wrath. Dad Fox doesn't lose his temper often but when he does, watch out.

"Yes." I rest my head on his shoulder, wanting to climb on his lap like I do when I am upset, but his belly makes that impossible. "Some of David's and Marcus' guests wouldn't shake my hand in the reception line. Ted hasn't said one word to me since we met."

He hugs me lovingly and asks, "Where were Walter and Alex?"

"They arrived late."

"It's not your fault, Angel. I'll talk to David and Marcus. If their friends cannot be civil to you, I don't want them around our family." He gasps suddenly and stops speaking as a look of pain across his features.

"Are you okay, Dad?"

He catches his breath before answering me. "I'm fine, Angel. Why don't you go change out of that wet dress and then come back here and keep me company."

I study his face before standing and hurrying toward the door. "Okay, Dad, I'll be right back." I race down the hallway to my bedroom, tearing off my gown along the way. I pull on jeans and a blouse while wondering if my other dads know that Dad Fox is in labor. Probably not, I decide as I run back to his bedroom. They wouldn't have left him alone if they knew.

I confront him as I enter the room. "Dad, you're in labor aren't you?" I take a seat next to him on the sofa.

"Yes. Don't worry, Sweetie, the contractions are still far apart. It will be hours before I have them and by then your sisters' wedding reception will be long over," he says calmly.

"Shouldn't you let Dad Alex and Dad Walter know?"

"There's plenty of time. Let them enjoy themselves."

"But what if you wait too long to tell them? What if the babies come early?"

He hears the panic in my voice and pats my hand as he tries to reassure me. "Angel, there's no reason to worry. If it will make you feel better, hand me the phone and I'll call Doctor Pendrell. I just don't want to ruin this day for your sisters."

I grab the cell phone off the end table and pass it to him. He presses the memory button and nine then brings the phone to his ear and waits patiently for his call to be answered.

"Hey, Kyle, how's my daughters' reception going?"

I listen to the one-sided conversation, waiting for him to tell Doctor Pendrell that he's in labor.

"How's the food?" he asks and listens for a few seconds.

"No, Kyle, nothing's wrong."

"DAD!" I say exasperated.

He winks at me. "Kyle, can you come upstairs after you're done eating? I'm having labor pains. Please don't tell Walter or Alex, I want them to enjoy the reception. My contractions are still far apart."

He listens then says hurriedly. "No! You don't have to come right now! Kyle? Shit," he sighs, switching off the phone and handing it to me.

He gasps and touches his belly. After the pain passes he slumps back tiredly into the cushions.

"Dad, can I get you anything?"

He doesn't open his eyes as he murmurs, "A glass of ice water would be nice."

"I'll be right back with it. Don't go anywhere," I add, grinning.

He opens his eyes. "Oh you're so not funny, bat girl."

I giggle. "It's not my fault you can't stand up on your own." I run out the door before he can think of a witty reply.

I fill a glass with ice cubes and water from the bar in entertainment room. As I'm turning off the water, I hear footsteps running down the hallway and glance toward the doorway in time to see Dad Walter and Dad Alex hurrying pass followed by Doctor Pendrell.

I get back to the bedroom in time to hear Dad Walter's exasperated voice.

"Fox, our daughters will understand our need to be with you at this time."

"Guys, I don't want Hope and Faith to be slighted on their wedding day." Dad Fox sighs, "They'll be leaving tonight and we'll only see them at holidays."

Dad Walter sits next to him and places his arm around Dad Fox's shoulder, pulling him close. "Okay, Fox, Alex and I will take turns being with you. Alex will stay with you for the first two hours while I'm at the reception then we'll switch off."

"Thanks, Walter."

Dad Walter leans in and kisses him softly on the lips then rests his hand lovingly on Dad Fox's belly and smiles. "I love you, Fox."

Dad Fox returns his smile. "You better; you're responsible for my condition. Get going, Bear."

Dad Walter stands and looks at me. "Angel, can you watch Arman for us? I left him downstairs with Hunter."

"Sure, Dad." I hand Dad Alex the glass of ice water then head out the door with Dad Walter.


Hunter's POV

Why did they dump the brat on me? As if I didn't have better things to do than watch Arman. Now where the hell is the little terror? I frantically search the large banquet room for him. I finally locate Arman sitting on the floor behind the buffet table with a large serving bowl of chocolate pudding. He's given up eating it and is now smearing it on the wall with his hands.

"Dammit, Mani, Dad is going to kill me!" I growl as I try to find spot where I could grab him so I don't get chocolate pudding on my clothes.

"Hunter."

"Shit," I mutter under my breath at the sound of Dad Walter's voice behind me. "Dad, I only took my eyes off him for a second!"

"Hunter, Angel is going to take Mani home and watch him. Why don't you go and enjoy the party?" he says calmly. I can see he's trying not to laugh as he looks at Arman covered head to toe with chocolate pudding. Angelique is laughing as she picks him up, not caring that he's getting chocolate pudding all over her.

"Thanks, Angel," I say, relieved.

"No problem, Hunter. I just hope Mani doesn't get sick from all of the pudding he ate."

"Angel, I don't think he ate very much of it."

"Maybe you're right, I better get him cleaned up. I want to get back to Dad Fox."

"Angel, thanks for looking after your brother," Dad Walter says.

"Sure, Dad." She smiles and heads for the door with the brat.

"Dad, how's Dad Fox?" I ask.

"He's in labor. Your Dad Alex is sitting with him."

"Is he going to be all right?" I'm worried because he's three weeks early.

"He'll be fine," Dad Walter says as he fixes my tie.

"Hey, Hunter, do you want to dance?" Duncan says as he walks up to us.

"No."

"C'mon, you danced with John Burr."

Oh shit, Duncan would have to mention that in front of Dad Walter. I had been careful that my Dads didn't see me dancing with Burr.

Dad Walter's face turned red with anger. "Hunter, John Burr is almost my age."

"We only danced—"

"You can dance with whomever you want after you turn twenty-one, but until then I expect you to only dance with people your own age!"

"What happened to eighteen?" I say.

"That only applies to non-immortals. Is that understood?"

"Yes, sir." I knew better than to argue with him at this point, so I shoot Duncan a dirty look.

He smiles innocently.

Dad Walter walks over to talk to River and Tsar Nikolai.

"C'mon, Hunter, dance with me," Duncan says.

"You did that on purpose. Why don't you grow up, Duncan?" I snap.

He smiles sweetly. "Of course I did that on purpose. I love you, Hunter, and I don't want to see you hurt by the likes of Burr."

"Who I hang with is my decision."

Duncan chuckles. "Not if your Dads have anything to say about it." He steps closer and whispers in my ear. "Someday you'll return my love...until then I'll be patient."

"You're wasting your time. If I ever love anyone, he will be someone wealthy and powerful. Not some boy."

He flinches as my words score a direct hit.

"He better be powerful because he'll have to go through me to have you!" he says smugly.

I want to slap that smug look off his cute face, but we're interrupted by Nicky.

"If you two love birds are done flirting, Hope and Faith want to have some group photos taken," Nicky says.

"Fuck off, Nicky!" I say.

"What did I say?"

"I was not flirting with Duncan! And we're not love birds!"

"Hunter, everyone sees *the way* you look at him."

"I DO NOT!"

I said that a bit too loudly as several heads turn to look at us. "Stop being a jerk, Nicky." I know he's intentionally teasing me because he and Duncan are close friends. Well I don't have to take it. "I'm going upstairs to check on Dad Fox. You know he's in labor," I say as I head for the exit.

"He is?" Nicky says, hurrying after me.

"He is."

"Cool. I'll go with you."

"I thought Hope and Faith wanted to take some family photos?"

"I hate having my photo taken. I'd rather see how Dad Fox is doing."

I didn't realize that Duncan was following us until he rushes into the elevator as I press the up button.

"Wait up, I'm going with you."

"Great. I just can't lose you."

Duncan smiles at me. He is so cute when...STOP THINKING! I order myself. Then I quickly look at the changing floor numbers as the elevator rises. "Can't this thing move any faster?"

The doors finally open on our floor and I hurry off. I know Dad Fox will be either in his bedroom or the birthing room my dads had built when Dad Alex was pregnant with Nadia and Kira. We find him in his bedroom with Dad Alex rubbing his feet while Doctor Pendrell takes his blood pressure. Angelique is in the room playing on the floor with Arman. His hair is still wet from the bath she must have given him. She has changed clothes, too.

"Boys, why aren't you at your sisters' wedding reception?" Dad Alex asks.

"We wanted to check on Dad Fox."

Dad Fox looks in our direction. "I'm fine, you should be downstairs celebrating your sisters' marriages. They are leaving tonight and it might be weeks or months before we see them again."

"There are over five hundred people at the wedding reception, we're not going to be missed," I say, walking over and kissing him on the cheek. "Dad, one day I'm going to have a baby and I want to know what it will be like. Do you mind if I watch you give birth?"

Dad Fox looks into my eyes and nods. "Okay, Hunter, you're old enough to be present. Just ignore any girly screams your Dad Walter makes," he quips.

"Hunter, just think someday, when we're married, you'll be pregnant with our child," Duncan says.

"Shove it, Dorkweed."

"Hunter, be nice," Dad Fox warns, "And, Duncan, it's Hunter's decision whom he marries."

Dad Alex shakes his head, looking at Doctor Pendrell and Dad Fox. "Guys, remember when we were their age? The furthest thing from our minds was marriage and children."

"I spent all of my junior year in high school just trying to lose my virginity," Pendrell says.

"God, Kyle, don't give them any ideas."

"Dad, most kids my age have already had sex," I say.

"You said the operative word *kids*. I don't want you having sex until you're an adult." Dad Fox reaches his hands out to Dad Alex. "Alex, can you help me up...I need to pee and I'd like to take a shower."

"Nicky and Duncan go back downstairs to the party," Dad Alex orders as he helps Dad Fox to his feet.

"Okay, Dad," Nicky says. "C'mon, Duncan, maybe we can pick up some decorating ideas for yours and Hunter's wedding."

"Just fuck off, Nicky!" I look around for something to throw at him.

"Nicky, stop teasing your brother, and Hunter watch your language," Dad Alex warns. He has his arm around Dad Fox's back and is helping him up the steps.

"Sorry, Dad," Nicky says as he and Duncan head out the door.

"Hunter, ignore them. Your brother is only teasing you because he's getting a rise out of you," Dad Fox says from the top of the stairs.

I follow them up to the bathroom and sigh, "I know. It just bugs me that people think I should marry Duncan."

Dad Alex is helping Dad Fox off with his robe.

"Sit or stand?" he asks, hanging up the robe on a hook.

"Stand."

I lean up against the sink as I watch Dad Alex holding Dad Fox's penis and aiming it at the toilet bowl. I hope I never get so big that I can't reach my penis.

After he finishes peeing, Dad Alex lets him go and turns on the shower.

"Oh shit!" Dad Fox gasps and doubles over. Pink goo spurts out of his navel between his fingers.

"Kyle! Get up here!"

Dad Alex holds Dad Fox securely and lowers him to the floor as I grab a towel and place it under Dad Fox's head.

Doctor Pendrell rushes up the steps and kneels at his side, placing his hands on Dad Fox's belly. "It looks like one of your babies is impatient to be born."

Dad Fox is holding Dad Alex's hand in an iron grip. "I can't be having her now my contractions are too far apart."

"Fox, remember when you had Gawain? You swore you weren't even having contractions," Dad Alex says.

"Don't remind me," he gasps. His body twists and he grunts with pain as his navel expands. I see the top of the baby's head.

"Okay, Fox, push with the next contraction."

Dad Fox is panting, his face turns red as he bears down and my sister is born in a rush of thick pink fluid into Doctor Pendrell's waiting hands.

I feel like I'm going to be sick as I watch Doctor Pendrell clean out her mouth with his finger. He turns her over then pats her butt. She starts crying.

"Hunter, go down and watch Arman and send Angelique up here," Dad Alex says, "I need her to take care of your new sister while Doctor Pendrell and I move your Dad Fox to the birthing room." He's cradling Dad Fox's shaking body in his arms.

"Aren't you going to tell Dad Walter?"

"I already contacted him telepathically, he's on his way up."

Dad Fox gasps and a slimy burgundy blob pops out of his navel.

"Gross." I make a face then hurry down the steps. I've seen enough to know I don't ever want to get pregnant.

"Angel, Dad Alex needs your help with our new sister."

"I see baby," Arman says, heading toward the stairs.

I grab him and lift him off his feet, balancing him on my hip. "Not yet, brat, let Angel wash the slime and muck off her first."

"I knew he'd have them early." Angelique hurries up to the bathroom.

A couple of minutes later, Dad Walter rushes into the room and up the steps to the bathroom. He doesn't even glance in our direction. He comes down carrying Dad Fox in his arms wrapped in his bathrobe. Dad Alex and Doctor Pendrell follow.

Angelique comes down a few minutes later with the baby wrapped in a white towel. "Do you want to see your new sister, Mani?"

She kneels on the floor and shows him the baby. The baby looks a lot better than when she was born.

"Cute baby," Mani says as he touches her hand.

I look down at them. My revulsion from a few minutes ago is gone. I realize how truly strong Dad Fox and Dad Alex are, far stronger than sorcerers or any other male.


Sunday, June 17, 2018

Angelique's POV

My brothers' expressions are ones of awe as I hold the baby for them to see. She smells so good. I suddenly feel a longing that I've never experienced before. I want to have a baby of my own. I want to experience being pregnant. Unfortunately it is something I'll never experience.

"I'm going to take her to the birthing room and see if Dad Fox or Dad Alex will feed her," I say, standing.

"Angel, I'd like to watch Dad Fox give birth to our other sisters. Can you ask him if I could bring Mani in the birthing room?"

"Okay, Hunter, why don't you and Mani come along and wait outside while I check with them." I can see the fascination in his eyes as he looks at our sister. A big difference from the sick look he had a few minutes earlier.

We walk down the hallway to a large room that has a dozen comfortable chairs and a large screen plasma television with a shelf full of DVDs next to it. In another corner of the room is a round card table for playing games. We've all spent hours in this room waiting for either Dad Fox or Dad Alex to give birth in the adjacent room. Holding the infant securely in one arm, I turn the knob and enter the birthing room.

Dad Fox laying on his side in bed while Dad Walter rubs his back. He has a sheet over the lower part of his body and his belly is exposed.

"Dad, I've bathed the baby do you want to feed her?"

"I'll feed her, Angel." Dad Alex walks over to me and takes the baby tenderly in his arms.

I notice both Dad Alex's and Dad Walter's tuxedo jackets and ties are thrown carelessly over the arm of one of the chairs.

"Hey, Walter, she looks like you," Dad Alex says as he studies the infant's face. He starts unbuttoning his dress shirt. "Are you sure you want to name her after Fox's mom?"

"Yes. We agreed the first baby born would be named after her."

I walk over to the bed and touch Dad Fox's hand. "Can I stay and watch my sisters being born?"

He smiles weakly. "Sure, bat girl."

"Hunter wants to know if he can watch, too?" My attention is drawn between Dad Fox and Dad Alex. I watch as Dad Alex sits on a chair in the corner of the room. He pinches his nipple until it starts to leak then nuzzles it against the baby's lips.

"Is Mani with him?" Dad Fox asks.

"Yes."

"What do you think, Walter?"

"I think Mani's too young to see you give birth. I've contacted Ethan, he should be upstairs shortly to take care of him."

"Okay." Dad Fox rubs his belly. "Walter, can you rub my lower back?"

Dad Walter massages down Dad Fox's back.

"Yeah, right there...," he sighs.

I glance over at Dad Alex. He's still trying to coax the baby to nurse. As I watch the baby finally latches on to his nipple and starts suckling. Dad Alex beams as he talks softly to the baby, there's a look of absolute love in his eyes.

The door opens and Hunter pokes his head into the room "Can I come in?"

"Is Ethan with Mani?" Dad Walter asks.

"Yes. They're watching a movie in the waiting room." Hunter slips into the room and closes the door.

Before it shuts, I notice Gawain and the twins are in the waiting room and hear other voices.

"Hunter, who else is out there?" I ask.

"It would be easier to name who isn't there."

"Oh great," Dad Fox moans, "Can you ask them to go back to the reception?"

Hunter walks over to the bed and kisses Dad Fox on the cheek. "Dad, the wedding reception has moved up here. Faith and Hope, and their husbands, are both out in the waiting room."

Dad Walter smiles. "Don't worry about it, Fox. This is one wedding our family will be talking about for years to come."

Dad Fox gasps suddenly as his body twists in pain.

Dad Walter glances at his watch while he holds Dad Fox's hand. "Less than three minutes, babe."

I stand out of the way as Doctor Pendrell walks over to the bed. He touches Dad's belly and looks at the monitors that are recording Dad's vitals before he inserts an instrument into his navel. "Your next baby should be born within the hour."

Dad Fox nods tiredly. The Doctor picks up a wet washcloth and washes the sweat off his forehead.

Hunter wanders over to the chair Dad Alex is sitting on as he nurses the baby. He watches the baby suckle. The older Hunter gets, the more he resembles Dad Alex. I wonder what Hunter is thinking as he watches.

Dad Fox groans as he has another contraction. "Oh God, that one hurt!"

"Breathe, Fox," Dad Walter says as he tenderly caresses Dad Fox's round belly.

Dad Alex finishes nursing the baby and lays her across his lap on her belly then gently rubs her back until she burps.

"Angel, in the top drawer are some infant clothes and in the cabinet are disposable diapers and baby blankets. Can you get those for me?" Dad Alex asks.

"Sure, Dad." I walk over and open the cabinet, finding the bag of diapers I take one out. Then I grab a soft blanket off the shelf next to the diapers before opening the top drawer and removing a freshly laundered white infant sleeper. I cross the room and hand Dad Alex the diaper first.

He expertly diapers the baby. My attention is drawn back to the bed as Dad Fox cries out in pain. I watch in amazement as the second baby is born. Doctor Pendrell and Dad Walter are at his side.

"Hey, Angel, watch the wings," Hunter whispers.

I blush, realizing that I had been fluttering them excitedly.

Doctor Pendrell has the newborn in his arms and is cleaning out her nose and mouth with a bulb syringe. She starts crying loudly.

The Doctor looks in my direction. "Angel, would you like to do the honors?"

I nod, too overwhelmed to speak. I hand Dad Alex the blanket and infant sleeper before walking over to Doctor Pendrell and taking my new sister into my arms. I carry her over to the bathing table.

Hunter follows me to the table and watches as I lay her on a clean towel and bathe her with warm water. She looks a lot like Dad Alex or more precisely like Dad Walter's and Dad Alex's mother Aleksandra.

Dad Walter joins us at the table and smiles down at his new daughter. "She beautiful, isn't she?"

"Very," I say.

He picks up a washcloth and wets it in the sink then carries it back to the bed and washes Dad Fox's belly. Dad Fox looks totally exhausted.

"Just one more to go, sweetheart," Dad Walter says as he bends and kisses him sweetly on the lips.

"Walter, I'm going to take Teena into the waiting room to meet her brothers and sisters," Dad Alex says. He's cuddling the baby against his chest.

"I haven't had time to see her yet. Let me hold her first." Dad Walter holds out his hands for the baby.

"She does look a little like me," Dad Walter says as he takes the baby into his arms. He kisses her on the forehead before handing her back to Dad Alex.

Dad Alex pauses and looks tenderly at the baby I'm diapering and dressing. "I'll be back to feed Rose in a few minutes, Angel." He opens the door and steps out into the waiting area.

"Alex seems to be doing okay," Dad Walter says as he helps Dad Fox shift into a more comfortable position.


Sunday, June 17, 2018

Faith's POV

I stand as Dad Alex steps out of the delivery room, holding an infant in his arms. I had been watching an old Disney movie with my husband, sisters, and brothers.

"Kids, I'd like you to meet your new sister Teena," he says.

The triplets rush over to him. "Let us see her," Regan says.

I realize looking at the three of them gathered around Dad Alex that we're going to have to come up with another name for new triplets.

"She's so pretty," Alina says.

"Can I hold her, Dad?" Hope asks. We're still wearing our long wedding gowns.

Dad Alex places the baby in Hope's arms.

"Look, David, isn't she beautiful? Hopefully we'll have our own baby soon," Hope says as David stands at her side looking down at the infant.

"I want us to have a dozen," David says.

Marcus' arm wraps around my waist. "What about you, Faith? How many children do you want to have?"

"Marcus, let's get past our wedding night first."

"You do want children, don't you?" Marcus asks.

"Yes. I want to have a child but I don't want to be held to a number." I'm not sure if I'll be as good a parent as my fathers were with us.

"Faith, do you want to hold her?" Hope asks.

I look at the baby and shake my head. "No. I'm still nervous from the wedding...I'd probably drop her."

Dad Alex smiles and hugs me. "Cutie, if you ever need anything call your dads and me."

I smile against his shoulder at the pet name. It's been years since he called me that. "Thanks, Dad, but I should be fine."

"How's Dad Fox doing?" Aleksandra asks. She had been playing monopoly with Summer, Gawain, Nicky, and Duncan in the corner. They are all gathered around Hope and the baby now.

"Fine. He had the second baby a few minutes ago. Hopefully the third one won't take too long." Dad Alex brushes the bangs off Alek's forehead then looks at Hope and me. "He's more concerned that he's ruined your wedding reception."

"He shouldn't be concerned. I'm happy to get away from all the attention," I say.

"Yes, Dad, tell him that he didn't ruin anything. This is the best wedding present Faith and I have gotten, we get to see our new sisters before we leave," Hope says.

"I'll tell him, girls." Dad Alex's eyes focus on Marcus and David. "Before you leave on your honeymoon, I'd like a word with you both about some of your guests' behavior toward Angelique. Fox told me all about how upset Angelique was."

"Ah, yes, sir," Marcus and David say as they look at each other with nervous confusion.

Now I'm feeling guilty, I noticed how Ted was treating Angel but didn't say anything. Then I was too busy to notice if anyone else treated her poorly. It must have been one of the reasons she was in such a hurry to leave the reception.

"Dad, I'm sorry. I should have watched out for her better," I say.

"Faith, this wasn't your fault." Dad caresses the side of my face. "Your husband on the other hand should be grateful that Fox is in labor."

"He's mad at me?" Marcus asks his eyes widening.

Dad Alex sighs, "He's mad at your best man. We'll discuss this later, I need to get back--"

"Dad, how is he?" River says as he hurries into the waiting room. Tsar Nikolai follows a few steps behind him.

"He's already given birth to two of your sisters." Dad Alex watches with amusement as River's turquoise eyes light up as he sees the baby.

He takes the baby from Hope and cuddles her in his arms. "Hey, she looks like Dad Walter."

"Hopefully she'll grow out of it," Slava says, standing at River's side. He looks smugly from the baby to Dad Alex.

Dad Alex glares at him. "River, would you like to come into the birthing room? Your husband can watch cartoons with the other kids."

"Alexei, you wound me," Slava says then kisses River on the cheek. "My love, I have business to attend to, so give my love to your Dad Fox."

"Sure, Nikolai. Do you want me to meet you back at our apartment?"

"No. I'll come back for you later. You know I don't like you going anywhere alone."

"Yes, I know," River says as he looks down at the baby.

I can sense River's sadness. He's not happy with his life. Tsar Nikolai doesn't seem to notice as he turns and leaves. Dad Alex's arm goes around River's back and he guides him into the birthing room and closes the door.

"Well, it looks like we go back to waiting," Kaylie says.

"Faith, do you know why Dad Alex is mad?" Hope asks.

Marcus and David are standing at our sides while Nicky, Duncan, and Sergei gather around us.

"Ted snubbed Angel."

"Snubbed?" Marcus looks at me for a further explanation.

"He avoided talking to her and any physical contact with her," I sigh. "Guys, I think some of your guests might have treated her the same way, but I was too busy to notice."

"Great, no wonder your Dads are pissed," David says.

"I'm going kick Ted's butt," Nicky says as he heads toward the door.

"Wait up I'll give you a hand!" Duncan hurries after Nicky.

"Sergei, you better go and stop them," I say.

Before Sergei could run after them, Uncle Rory strolls into the room, he has Duncan by the ear. Uncle Kazuo and Uncle Shinji follow with Nicky in tow. The three of them had taken the time to change out of their tuxedos into casual clothes.

"Dad, let go, please?" Duncan whines.

"Duncan my boy, we do not handle things in this family by violence, is that clear?"

"Since when? Ouch! Let go of my ear, please!"

A giggle escaped my lips.

Uncle Rory grins and lets go of Duncan's ear. "Now behave yourself," he says.

"Yes, sir."

"How's your Dad Fox doing?" Uncle Kazuo asks.

"Two down, one to go," Sergei says.

"Dad Alex already brought Teena out for us to see," Summer says.

"I'm going to see how he's doing," Uncle Shinji says then opens the door to the birthing room and steps inside.

The rest of us go back to waiting.


Sunday, June 17, 2018

Hunter's POV

River is talking to Dad Alex while Dad nurses the second baby. I'm standing beside the bassinet looking down at baby Teena. She's soundly asleep. I caress her cheek with the back of my finger. Her skin is so soft. I never gave much thought to my Dads' pregnancies before. I was only twelve when Dad Fox was pregnant with Arman and nine years old when Dad Alex was pregnant with Regan, Morgan, and Alina.

Watching the pain Dad Fox went through while giving birth has given me a whole new realization of just how powerful and important us immortals are to the world. I place my hand over my navel. Since I turned ten my fathers have always made sure that I've kept it covered. Even swimming I had to wear ugly swim trunks while my brothers and friends, with the exception of Gawain, were allowed to wear speedos. Sergei and Nicky don't have a bellybutton neither does any of my sisters, except Hope and Faith. Other boys that don't have an immortal father have bellybuttons.

I always felt resentment toward my brothers. They are allowed more freedom than I am. Even now Dad Walter expects me to wait until I'm twenty-one before I can date whomever I want. It's one of the reasons I am constantly rebelling against them. Looking down at my newborn sister, I can understand their fears. Unlike River and the other immortals, Gawain and I were born with female reproductive organs already in place. We might already be able to become pregnant. So I understand a little better my Dads' protectiveness over Gawain and me.

"A penny for your thoughts?" Uncle Shinji asks.

I look at him. "I asked Dad Fox why he doesn't take any drugs to reduce the pain, he told me he wanted to be fully conscious for each of his babies' births. I don't know why he'd want to go through that much pain."

Shinji smiled. "I had drugs with my second child but it was a disappointing experience. I missed feeling my baby being born. I would have welcomed the pain of another breech birth, like I had with Duncan, to experience her leaving my body. I haven't used drugs since and don't regret it."

Dad Alex is at our side placing Rose in the bassinet next to Teena. "Hunter, there's something terribly heady about being pregnant and giving birth," he says. "It's hard to describe, but the pain enhances the experience."

"How come you and Dad Fox always complain about becoming pregnant?" I ask. My attention is drawn to the bed as Dad Fox moans while Dad Walter helps him onto all fours. He makes sure the sheet is covering Dad Fox's private parts.

"Hunter, you're the first generation that was born as an immortal. Your father and I were born human...this wasn't something we wanted. We'd prefer to have a choice, if or when we become pregnant, but our bodies don't allow us that choice. So of course we'll complain and bitch about it," Dad Alex says.

"If you had the choice would you willingly become pregnant?" I ask, watching Dad Alex's face turn thoughtful.

"Yes. Maybe not the first time, but definitely the second time. And if I don't have the urge beforehand, I plan on becoming pregnant after your new sisters are sleeping through the night."

I smile at him. It was nice knowing he wasn't resentful about having us. I already know how Dad Fox feels about giving birth to me and my siblings. Until now, Dad Alex was always quiet on the issue.

All of our attention is drawn to the bed as Dad Fox gasps and we watch as his navel expands. He still on all fours, so Doctor Pendrell has his hands below his belly ready to catch the baby. It's been over two hours since he gave birth to Rose.

Dad Walter is mopping the sweat from his forehead while whispering encouragements to him. "Fox, only one more push and it will be all over and you can sleep."

We all gathered around the bed and witness the final baby being born. Doctor Pendrell gathers her in his arms and again uses the bulb syringe to clear her breathing passages. He then hands the crying infant to Angelique who takes her over to the bathing table.

Dad Walter helps Dad Fox lay down on his side. He still needs to deliver the afterbirth.

I feel exhilarated by this whole experience. I know I'll never forget it, and I vow to be more careful about the guys I hang out with.

Dad Alex has gone over to the bed. He holds Dad Fox's hand as his body contracts and the afterbirth is expelled. Doctor Pendrell collects it and places the blob in a metal insulated container. Then Dad Walter uses his powers to change the sheets on the bed.

Dad Fox is having a hard time keeping his eyes opened. "I want to see them," he says tiredly.

"Sure, Fox, hold on," Dad Alex says. He and Dad Walter collect Teena and Rose and carry them over to the bed. Angelique is diapering the other baby.

"This is Teena and Walter is holding Rose," Dad Alex says as he places the baby on the mattress next to Dad Fox.

Dad Fox smiles softly as he touches his baby. "Where's Skye?"

"I have her, Dad," Angelique says as she carries the final baby over to the bed.

"Do you feel up for visitors?" Dad Walter asks.

"Hmm, yeah suppose...." Dad Fox's eyes close as he falls asleep.

Dad Walter places Rose back in the bassinet. Then he opens the door and steps out into the waiting room. I hear him telling my brothers and sisters about the babies and how their Dad is doing.

He then allows them to come into the room two at a time to see the babies. At this point I step outside. I feel like taking a shower and getting something to eat.

"Hey, Hunter, wait up," Duncan says.

"What do you want?"

"How's your Dad?"

"He's sleeping." I add smugly, "I always thought sorcerers were strong, but they don't hold a candle to immortals."

Instead of the response I was hoping for, I'm startled when Duncan laughs.

"You didn't know that? Dad Shinji is a lot tougher than my other two Dads." Duncan smiles sweetly. "If it weren't for my sorcerer powers you'd easily be able to kick my butt. My powers don't make me stronger than you. I'm weak whenever I'm near you. You have my heart, my love, my undying admiration."

"Oh brother," I sigh.

"You know, Hunter, it would be easier if you just admit that you love me."

"Duncan, I like you, but I don't love you." We stop outside my bedroom. "I'm going to take a shower, so if you don't mind."

"I don't mind. I'll be happy to wash your back."

"Go home," I say as I step into my bedroom and lock my door.


Sunday, June 17, 2018

Angelique's POV

After everyone had a chance to see the babies, my Dads decide to move them and Dad Fox back to their bedroom.

I helped by carrying Rose as Dad Walter carried Dad Fox who stirred as he was being lifted and wrapped his arms around Dad Walter's neck.

Dad Walter smiles happily. "You must be exhausted, Fox. You usually would be fighting me to put you down."

"I won't fight you if you want to give me a hot bath," he says tiredly, resting his head on Dad Walter's broad shoulder.

"Mind if I join you?" Dad Alex asks as we step into their bedroom. He's carrying Teena and Skye.

"Why would I mind?" Dad Fox says as Dad Walter lowers him on to the mattress. He groans and wraps the robe more securely around him.

"Are you still hurting?"

"Yeah, I'm all stiff and sore. Give me a few hours."

Teena starts to cry and Dad Alex wrinkles his nose. "I think she just had her first bowel movement. Walter, do you want to do the honors?"

"Sure, she's going to want to nurse again. Do you want to feed her while I give Fox a bath?" Dad Walter takes the baby into his arms, smiling down at her.

Dad Alex sighs, "I wanted to take a bath with you and Fox."

"Okay, nurse her while I fill the tub. Angel will watch them during our bath."

"I'll nurse her," Dad Fox says. He's lying curled up on his side in bed.

"You should rest, Fox." Dad Alex places Skye in the cradle near the bed.

"Alex, you've already nursed all three babies. You could use a little rest, too."

Dad Alex laughs then sits on the bed. He caresses the side of Dad Fox's face before leaning down and kissing him. "Neither one of us is going to get any rest with three infants that will need feeding and changing every two to three hours.

"I love you, Alex, I'm happy you and Walter are here to help me with them."

"We're a team, Fox. We might have our problems at times, but our love for each other will hold us together."

Dad Fox look turns doubtful he lowers his eyes, looking down at the mattress, which causes Dad Alex to sigh. "Dammit, Fox, I love you as much if not more than Walter. What happened back in January will never happen again! I couldn't survive losing you again."

Dad Fox reaches out, taking Dad Alex's hand in his and looks up into his eyes and smiles softly.

After the many months my Dads were separated, it is a thrill to see the love in their eyes whenever they look at each other. I walk over to where the three bassinets are set up and lay Rose inside the middle one.


Sunday, June 17, 2018

Faith's POV

The helicopter is waiting for my husband and me on the pad. Hope and David left an hour ago. I hug my dads, brothers, and sisters. Tears are streaming down my cheeks...I'm going to miss them terribly.

My Dad Walter hugs me against his broad chest. "Faith, call us if you need anything. Your Dads and I will be out to visit you at Foxfire Glenn estate in a few weeks."

"I will, Dad. Give my love to Dad Fox, tell him I'll miss him."

Dad Alex kisses me then shakes Marcus' hand. "Take care of my baby girl, Marcus."

Marcus stands taller. "Don't worry, Dad, I'll look after her."

We wave as we walk toward the helicopter and to our new life.


Chapter 9 - Abduction

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Mulder's POV

I glance around the nursery as I carry my daughter over to her crib. Alex had taken to redecorating the room again, he said he was bored with the Tomy train wallpaper and their matching accessories. Now the whole nursery has an Alice in Wonderland theme. Rose clings to me as I lower her into the crib and cover her with a Mad Hatter blanket that she immediately kicks off. She holds her arms up to me as her face scrunches up and she let's loose a wail. Her sisters, Skye and Teena, are already asleep. At six months they are now sleeping through the night and are usually soundly asleep by eight, unlike their sister who never wants to go to bed. It's become a real struggle. Once Rose falls asleep, she'll sleep longer than the other two, but its getting her to bed that's the problem.

I pick her back up, worried that her crying will wake her sisters and that is the last thing I need. "Shh...c'mon, Rose, you need to go beddybye."

"Dad, let me have her. You should go join the others in the entertainment room," River says as he steps into the nursery.

River is three months pregnant and has moved back home to live with us until his baby is born. Our daughters, Hope and Faith, are also pregnant. Hope is two months along and Faith is over six months along. Faith, poor dear, must have gotten pregnant on her wedding night, unlike her sister Faith didn't want to have kids right away. So it figured she'd be the first one pregnant. Where have the years gone? It seemed like only yesterday that I was changing their diapers and now Faith and Hope are having babies of their own.

"Dad?"

I start at the sound of his voice. "I'm sorry, River, I was just thinking," I say as I hand Rose to him.

"About what?" He hugs and kisses her.

"You and your sisters. I'm going to be a grandfather again in a few months." I brush my fingers across his smooth cheek as I look into his warm sapphire eyes. I'm so proud of him. He's bearing up better than I did with my first pregnancy. I felt humiliated being pregnant. "It's just so hard to believe you're no longer my little boy."

"You're happy now...right, Dad?" River asks.

I smile softly. "Right. I love your dads." I know my brief separation from Walter and Alex had deeply affected our children. They had all been concerned about us and discussed it amongst themselves. I hate myself for causing them any anxiety. It had been such a difficult time for me being pregnant and feeling unloved. My love for Alex and Walter had never wavered that only made our separation all the more painful.

"Then go and celebrate the New Year with them," River says.

I look up at the wall clock. It is already two minutes past midnight. I kiss my son on the cheek and say, "Try and tire her out, River."

When I enter the entertainment room I find my family drinking champagne. Even our eight-year-old triplets have a half a flute full.

Alex walks over and kisses me. His lips are warm and soft, sending a tingle of desire to the pit of my stomach. His kisses are always sweet pleasures more enjoyable than any honey-laden dessert.

"Happy New Year's, Fox," he says.

"Happy New Year's, Alex." I smile. "I hope this year will be better than our last."

Walter hands me a flute of champagne before he kisses me. "This year will be our best."

I smile at him and take a sip of champagne. My eyes fall on Kaylie, she'll be eighteen in December, and we still haven't found her a husband. At least she's a sorceress and will be able to take care of herself no matter who she marries. Right now I'm more concerned about Angelique; she's become increasingly depressed. I don't know what to do to help her. As I am watching her talk to Summer and Aleksandra, the outside sirens go off, blaring loudly throughout the island.

"Walter, what is it?"

"I don't know, Fox." He looks worried. More than worried...frightened.

"You and Alex stay with the kids! I'm going downstairs to check!" Walter says as he hurries out the door.

Alex looks at me with a confused expression...we're both thinking the same thing. Why wasn't Walter contacted telepathically? And why didn't he use his powers to contact General Kline telepathically? What's going on?

I pick up Arman and hold him protectively. The triplets are clinging to me, sensing our nervousness. "Alex, I'm taking Mani and the triplets to the nursery watch the older kids."

"Dad, the whole fucking sky's on fire!" Hunter shouts.

I don't move to the window. I can see the fiery orange, red, and white crackling across the sky from my place by the doorway.

"Fox, I think we should take the kids downstairs to the shelters," Alex says.

I nod and hurry out of the room to collect my babies and River from the nursery. Angelique and Kaylie follow, holding the hands of their little sisters. River is pacing anxiously holding Rose.

"Dad, what's going on?" he asks as Kaylie and Angelique rush over to the cribs to collect Teena and Skye.

I set Arman on the floor and start stuffing diapers, bottles, and blankets into a bag. "We don't know yet, but we need to get down to the shelters." I sling the bag over my shoulder and scoop my four-year-old son back up in my arms. "Come on, we're going to take the stairs down, we can't take a chance on the elevators."

Alex and the older kids are waiting for us by the closest staircase. He kneels and hugs the triplets. "Girls, don't be afraid. Daddy Fox and I won't let anything happen to you."

For their part they smile and hold hands, seeming more excited now than frightened.

"Where's Sergei?" I ask after counting heads and realizing that he's missing.

"He's gone downstairs to get Kat and Grace," Nicky says as we start down the stairs.

After several minutes, we overtake Frohike, Hans, and their children on the ninth floor.

"Fro, do you know what's going on?" I ask.

"No." The short man shakes his head in distress. "It's gone, Mulder."

"What's gone?"

"My clairvoyant powers."

I begin to worry as we continue to trudge down the stairs. "Where's Gabriel?"

"He went to find out what was going on."

"Daddy, I sleepy," Arman says as he wraps his arms around my neck.

"Close your eyes, Mani, and go to sleep."

"I don't wanna miss anything."

I hold him tighter as we continue our descent. It's slow going there are dozens of people on the steps in front of us. "I'll wake you if anything happens."

"Daddy, I can't walk any more," Regan says and sits down on a step. Alex picks her up, while Nicky and Hunter pick up the other two triplets. Nicky is already taller than Alex and me. He's looking more like his Tsar father every day.

A thought occurs to me as I look at him. "Nicky, can you use your powers?"

"What do you want me to do, Dad?" he asks.

"I just want to see if you still have your powers."

Nicky looks down at a man several steps below him. I can tell he's trying to levitate the hat off the man's head. Nothing happens. A look of frustration crosses his young face.

"I feel strange, Dad."

Alex looks at him then glances up at me. "Fox, what's going on?"

"Whatever that fire is up in the sky, it seems to be interfering with sorcerers and clairvoyants powers." Alex's face turns troubled. We both know how dangerous it will be without Walter's sorcerer powers to protect us.

When we finally make it down to the lobby, Duncan is waiting there. In fact, he's running from one staircase to the next looking at the people as they exit. A big grin spreads across his face when he spots Hunter.

Hunter groans and sets Morgan back on her feet.

"Hunter, I was worried about you!" Duncan says.

The sirens are still sounding as people make their way to the doors leading down to the underground shelter.

I have a feeling of foreboding about going into the shelter. "Let's find Walter first," I say and lead my family toward the throne room.

The room is chaotic. Men are running in and out of the main conference room.

"Stay here," I say and walk across the room carrying Arman. I step inside the conference room. Walter is watching several monitors. On them are images of seraphim and other aliens appearing from portals on the island. My heart stops at the realization that we are being invaded.

"Walter, we need to leave the island," I say amazed at how calm my voice sounds.

"Fox, I'm the King, I need to stay and fight them. Take the kids down to the shelter."

I can see the anxiety and frustration in his brown eyes. He had become so dependent on his powers and now that they are gone he isn't thinking clearly. It is up to me to get him to focus on what is important.

"Walter, your duty is to our children, Alex, and me." I walk across the room to his side. "We don't have time to argue." I shove Arman into his arms and look at the other men in the room who are now standing still watching us. "General Kline, get the other immortals and their families off the island and into hiding."

The General glances briefly at Walter, who nods, before turning back to me. "At once, my Prince." He starts issuing orders.

Walter looks at me in astonishment as he holds our son protectively. "Fuck, Fox."

"Don't swear, Daddy," Arman orders as we hurry out of the room.

"Walter, Alex, get to the ship! I'm going to find Sergei and Kat. If I'm not at the ship in ten minutes leave without me!" I say.

"Stop!" Walter grabs my arm.

"I'll be fine, Bear, protect our children." I lean in and kiss him tenderly on the lips before vanishing. He may have lost his sorcerer powers, but I still have the power to become invisible.

A look of relief crosses Walter's features at the realization that I will be safe. I watch as he and Alex hustle our children out of the palace, and I hope to safety. In a secret cove are four ships that are always on standby, waiting to take us safely to the mainland.

I head for the shelter where I find Sergei waiting outside with Kat and their baby daughter. I notice Gabriel Hunter hurrying Frohike, Hans, and their children out of the palace; Shinji, Rory, Kazuo, and their children are with them along with Byers and Langly. Ari and his children are already off the island on a walkabout. I have no idea where the rest of my friends are and pray that they will be safe.

I reappear in front of Sergei. "C'mon, kids we need to get to the ship!"

"Dad, what's going on? Where is everyone?"

"We're being invaded."

The sound of gunfire and explosions fills the palace. People are screaming and running toward the exits. A wall suddenly explodes inward. I step in front of my son, Kat, and my granddaughter as several seraphim and morphs rush inside. A large seraph's eyes look upon me in recognition. I could vanish with my son and his family, but I hold my ground. If I took off now the aliens would tear apart the island searching for me and they might find the ships. I hope Walter will put our children's safety ahead of me.

Sergei tries to push past me in order to protect me but I stop him in his tracks. "Serg, keep still!"

"Dad, I'm not going to let them touch you!" With the exception of having a full head of hair, at that moment he looks and sounds so much like Walter that it tears at my heart.

"They can't kill me, Sergei, but they can kill you, Kat, and Grace."

The Seraph stops in front of us. "We have no intention of killing anyone who is of your blood, XoFox. Your human son is safe, now where is the rest of your family?"

"They aren't on the island they're on the mainland."

"It doesn't matter, you were our main goal in coming here. We'll find your immortal sons and mate eventually." The seraph looks me up and down, causing a chill to race down my spine. "Our King is coming here to claim you himself."

I stomp down on my fears. As soon as I'm sure Walter and Alex have taken our children to safety I plan to vanish with my son and his family. As if reading my mind the Seraph reaches out and places a round metal disc at the base of my throat that clings to my flesh. I try to pull it off, but it doesn't budge.

There's triumph in the Seraph's blue eyes. "Did you think we were not aware of the powers immortals have developed to protect their young? This disc is programmed to stop your ability to become invisible."

A feeling of panic overcomes me. I reach for Sergei's hand and hold it while we watch hopelessly as people are removed from the shelters. Jeffrey and his immortal mate Ian are among them. The seraphim seem surprised to find another seraph living on Earth already with a family of young seraphim children. Scully, her husband Jonathan, and their teenage son are also brought up from below.

"Please, don't harm them," I say.

"We've only come here to retrieve our property. We do not intend to harm any humans as long as they behave."

"How can I believe you, when it was your race that committed genocide on our female population."

"We no longer have a reason to harm humans."

"I'm human, you're harming me."

A noise and bright light draws our attention to a spot in the center of the foyer. A portal appears and through it steps a tall seraph. The aliens and seraphim all bow before him. I recognize my rapist from nearly two decades ago.

A smile of satisfaction spreads across King Xowolfe's lips as his eyes travel slowly up and down my body. I want to wipe that smug look off his face.

As he stops in front of me, I lash out with an upper right cut to his face. I hear and feel my knuckles contacting flesh and bone. Pain shoots up my arm as he staggers back. Blood runs down his chin from a cut lip. I am only able to get in the one blow, he's fast, and on me in less than a heartbeat, grabbing my wrists in a steal grip before anyone else in the room can even respond to my attack.

My hand is throbbing as I try to twist my wrists free, but he's too strong.

"Let him go!" Sergei shouts and attacks King Xowolfe.

I don't even have time to warn my son not to attack it all happens so suddenly. A zap sounds from one of the aliens' weapons, and Sergei crumples to the floor at my feet.

The smell of burnt fabric and flesh is strong.

"NO!" I kick out at Xowolfe in a desperate attempt to free myself to reach Sergei.

"Dammit! Let go!" I need to get to my son so I can heal him.

He doesn't listen as he drags me toward the portal.

"No! Please! My baby! Goddammit! Let me go! I need to help him!" I crane my head to look behind me as I continue to struggle to break free. Kat's on the floor next to my son, she has a hand on his still body while holding their daughter.

Tears are running down her cheeks as she looks up at me imploringly. Her blue eyes are the last things I see as the world dissolves into a black void as I am dragged through the portal.


Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Skinner's POV

The flames from the campfire leap toward the sky, warming us from the bitter chill of early evening. Overhead the sky is crackling with the firestorm that has robbed me of my sorcerer powers. Next to our temporary camp are parked two minivans that we had picked up from a private warehouse off the harbor. I hold my baby boy on my lap, keeping him warm. He squirms impatiently wanting to get down and play with his siblings. Arman is the closest connection I have to Fox more so than our other children...I see so much of Fox in him. I'm praying that my lover has found our son, granddaughter, and Kat, and is in hiding with them. Weighing anchor without them was the most difficult decision I had to make in years.

What was I thinking? I should never have allowed Fox to force me to leave without him. I glance over at Alex...he's calmly feeding Skye a bottle of formula that Fox had packed inside the diaper bag. Considering we're running for our lives, Alex has such a tranquil expression on his beautiful face as he holds the baby.

With Fox gone, the primary responsibility for caring for the babies has fallen directly on him. I watch Alex for a few seconds, I know that he still hasn't gotten over the loss of our baby and has taken to smothering Fox's babies with extra love and attention.

I desperately want to return to the island but I can't leave my family yet. I glance around at my sons and daughters. In a large pot over the flames, using the supplies of dry goods that were stored on the ship, Angelique is preparing porridge for our supper. The twins, Nadia and Kira, are helping. The older children are trying to entertain the younger children. They need me to protect them. I've never felt more helpless or more needed at the same time. I'd become so dependent upon my powers, that without them I'm having a hard time adjusting.

"Walter, once we get the kids settled at Foxfire Glenn, I want you to go and find Fox," Alex says softly.

"Alex, I can't leave you to take care of our children on your own."

"Dad, we're not all children!" Kaylie says.

"I'll help protect your family, sir," Duncan says as he glances longingly over at Hunter.

Hunter glares back. "Who's going to protect you, dumdum?"

"Hunter, give it a rest," I say. "If we get our powers back we'll need Duncan's help."

Rory, Kazuo, and Gabriel are supposed to meet us at Foxfire Glenn with their families. Even without our powers they are physically strong enough to help protect our families. I start feeling a little less helpless.

"We'll discuss this further after we reach Foxfire Glenn tomorrow," I say, hoping that we will be safe there for a little while.


Thursday, January 3, 2019

Mulder's POV

I don't know how long I've been here. My ankles are chained together and my wrists are tied behind my back. I know I'm in a state of shock. All I can think about is my son's body on the hard floor with smoke rising from the wound made by an alien's blaster and King Xowolfe preventing me from going to him.

My mind drifts back to when Sergei was a child and what a happy easygoing little boy he was. I remember the arguments I used to have with Walter over Sergei's weight. In the end, Walter was right, it was mostly baby fat and as Sergei got older he grew into a strong strapping young man like his dad. I chew on my lower lip as I break down into tears again. My poor sweet little honeybear is dead because of me. If only I had controlled my anger, he'd still be alive.

A shadow falls over me. I don't look up I know who it is by his sweet spicy smell.

"If you can control yourself, my mate, I'll remove the chains."

I refuse to answer him. After we passed through the portal I had gone completely berserk. My memories of the incident were sketchy but I remember that it took more than Xowolfe to restrain me.

He kneels beside me and grabs my chin forcing my head up until I'm staring into his eyes. His sable wings spread out like a giant cape behind him.

"Answer me!" he demands.

"You killed my son! I'll kill you the first chance I get!" I spit at his face and watch with satisfaction as my saliva runs down his cheek.

He doesn't let go of my chin to wipe the spit off. "Your son?"

A puzzled look crosses his face. He lets go of my chin then stands and strolls out of the room.

I lower my head back on the soft mat before twisting my wrists trying to free my hands. I have to escape and get back to Earth...to my family.


Foxfire Glenn
Thursday, January 3, 2019

Skinner's POV

It has been over a year since I was last at Foxfire Glenn. At the time I was checking it over for our daughter who would be moving there with her future husband after they were married. The place hasn't changed much. Faith and her husband, Marcus, have made a nice home here. I wish we could be visiting them under different circumstances.

I rub a hand over my scalp as I pace back and forth, like a caged tiger, across the kitchen. I want to head back to the island now but I need to make sure my family is safe and has the means to escape if the aliens are able to track them here. So I plan to hold off until tomorrow morning. By then we'll have made plans for their escape in place, if the aliens track them here before Alex can take our immortal sons to a more secure hiding place. The journey back to the island should be quicker without eighteen kids slowing me down. I'm still hopeful that Fox, our son, and his family will make it here before I leave.

"Dad, can I get you some coffee?" Faith asks.

I nod and walk over to sit next to Rory, Frohike, and Byers at the counter. Our kids are exploring the house with our friends' children. The babies are playing in the old playpen that we had bought when Hope and Faith were babies. Alex is keeping a close eye on them from where he is sitting. The house is crowded. At least we have the cottage to use if any of our other friends made it safely off the island.

Gawain rushes into the kitchen and over to Alex's side. He's crying and throws himself into Alex's arms.

"Daddy, I don't want to live with the aliens and have their babies."

"Why would you think that?" Alex asks as he hugs the boy.

"Marvin said that the aliens were here to take me away to their planet."

Marvin was Frohike and Hans, eleven-year-old son.

Alex kisses Gawain on the forehead. "Don't worry, your other dads and I won't allow them to take you."

"I had better go have a talk with my son," Frohike says as he stands and heads out of the room.


Thursday, January 3, 2019

Mulder's POV

King Xowolfe returns and to my surprise my half-brother Jeffrey follows him into the room. Jeff hurries over to my side and kneels beside me. His wings flutter, a sign of his distress.

"Fox, are you all right?"

"No. Jeff, they killed Sergei."

Jeffrey licks his lips and glances up at Xowolfe before turning back to me. "He's fine, Fox. Ian healed him before they forced us to cross through the portal."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Don't worry."

I sigh with relief. Jeffrey would never lie to me about something this important.

"You may return to your mate," the King says, dismissing Jeffrey.

Jeff places his hand on my shoulder as he looks up imploringly at Xowolfe. "Please, don't hurt him."

"Do as your King commands or face the consequences."

Jeffrey swallows and glances down into my eyes. "I'm sorry, Fox, I have to go. Ian and my children need me." He stands and hurries out of the room.

"Now I will ask you again, my mate, can you control yourself?"

"I'm not your fucking mate! I'll never be your mate!"

"You already are." He kneels next to me and places his hand over my belly. "You bore me a daughter. She will be brought here to live with us as soon as my army finds her."

"You raped me...that doesn't make me your mate!"

"Your body will bear me hundreds of children." His hand slips inside the robe I'm wearing. It is cold against the warm flesh of my belly. I flinch and try to move away. He watches with amusement as he slips a finger into my navel. My treacherous body clenches around the digit and that seems to excite my tormentor. He pushes me on my back, my bound wrists press painfully into the small of my back as he straddles my thighs. I know what is coming and bound as I am I'm helpless to prevent it. I turn my head and close my eyes as his sex pushes inside my body.

In a matter of minutes it is over, my body is unable to prevent the orgasms that rips through it. Such has become my state in life.

"When you are ready, beloved, I'll remove the chains."

Thankfully he doesn't try to grope me further. After he covers me, he stands and leaves the room, leaving me to lie there feeling the tingle from his intrusion upon my body and the unsettling dampness around my navel. It doesn't matter. All that matters is that my honeybear is still alive.


The Crystal Palace
Friday, January 4, 2019

Skinner's POV

The fire in the sky has started to dissipate by the time I'm onboard the ship. As I'm sailing out to the island, to my relief, my powers start to return. When the ship finally docks my powers are back in full force. And I am able to contact General Kline telepathically.

*Clay, where's Fox? Are the aliens gone?* I'm walking stealthily up the path to the palace.

*Walt, the aliens retreated a few hours ago.*

*And Fox?*

There is no answer from my chief advisor.

*Clay?*

*Meet me in your office next to throne room.*

I run the remainder of the way to the palace. Distress knots my belly at the destruction I find in the large foyer. In the conference room, Scully is standing next to General Kline who is sitting as she changes the bandages on his head. Blood covers the ones she places on the medical cart.

Kline looks me in the eye. "Walt, Sergei is dead."

The news hits me like a blow to the stomach. "How?"

"He died a hero, Walt, defending his Dad."

"Walter, I'm sorry," Scully says, "I tried to save him but the damage was too great."

"Where's Fox?" I look between them as I prepare myself for a second blow. I know Fox would have saved our son's life unless something had prevented him.

"They took him. He's no longer on Earth," Kline says.

"Why didn't he use his power to become invisible to get away?"

"I was told a Seraph did something to him...I'm not sure what."

I look at Scully as I try to rein in my grief. "I want to see my son, Dana."

Scully finishes bandaging Kline's head and nods. "He's in the morgue with the others that died during the incursion."

"How many?" I ask. I was so focused on my family that I gave no thought to how the island's citizens might have faired.

"Ten." General Kline stands and pulls on his coat. "It might have been worse but the aliens seemed to be careful not to kill unless in self-defense."

"And killing my son was in self-defense?" I say bitterly.

Scully frowns. "He attacked a large Seraph who had his hands on Mulder."

Kline adds, "Walt, you did the right thing getting your family off the island. They would have abducted Alex, Hunter, River, and Gawain, too."

"If it weren't for Fox, I'd have stood my ground and tried to fight them." I shake my head sadly, knowing what a disaster that might have been.

We walk down the corridor to the morgue. I feel like I'm dreaming and will wake up to find none of this has happened.

"How is Kat doing?"

"Kat is in shock...Kimberly is upstairs taking care of her and Grace," Scully says.

As we enter the morgue our discussion stops. Scully leads me over to a row of small metal doors, opens one, and the tray holding my son's body slides out. She pulls the sheet down that is over his head. I can't stop the tears from flowing as I brush my fingers over his cold cheek. So young. So innocent. Sergei loved Fox deeply as only a son could love his birth mother. It doesn't surprise me that he would sacrifice his life defending Fox. I am proud of him at the same time angered and saddened over the senseless loss of his life. If the situation had been reversed and I was in my son's place, I can't say that I would have done anything differently.

I feel a growing rage building inside and want to lash out at the world. I hope Fox, wherever he is, doesn't know that our son is dead. Bending I kiss Sergei on the forehead then pull the sheet back over his face. I can no longer bear to look at my son's lifeless body.

I wipe at the tears. "I need to call Alex."

On my way out of the morgue, I pause in the doorway and glance back at my friend. "Clay, were our scientists able to get a reading on what the aliens released into the atmosphere? Shinji was attempting to take readings when I left Foxfire Glenn. We need to know how to stop what they did to us!"

"I don't know, Walt, I was unconscious for two days and haven't had a chance to check."

"I'm sorry, Clay." I feel guilty for not having shown more concern for my friend's welfare.

"Walt, I'm only sorry that I wasn't able to get Sung Lee and Luis Marquez to safety." He touches his bandaged head. "I was informed that Ian, Jeffrey, and all of their children have been abducted, too."

I leave the morgue. My anger is palatable. I have a hard task ahead of me. I have to inform Alex of our son's death and Fox's abduction. I wish I could wait to tell him in person but that is not an option.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Friday, January 4, 2019

Krycek's POV

My knuckles turn white as I clench the receiver. I wonder if God has something against me for him to take another one of my children along with allowing my husband to be abducted. I avoid making eye contact with my daughters or give away any of the one-sided conversation that they are straining to hear. Arman is standing on my feet with his arms wrapped around my knees as he looks up at me with almond-shaped hazel eyes.

"Is that Daddy?" he asks.

"It's Daddy Walter," I say not sure how I'm going to tell him or his siblings about Fox and Sergei.

I turn my attention back to the telephone. "Walter, is it safe for us to come back home?" I long to be there for him...to have him by my side. We need each other more than ever.

"Alex, it's not safe. I want you to take our sons, like we discussed, to the cabin in the morning. I still need to assess the situation here. The aliens have abducted several immortals besides Fox from the Crystal Palace, but I'm not sure if they've abducted any other immortals living elsewhere on the planet. I'll call you back later."

I place the receiver back on its cradle. For the first time since I kicked my heroin addiction, I crave the drug more than ever. I can't give in to the rage and despair. I need to keep it together for our kids.

"I want Daddy Fox," Arman says.

I scoop him into my arms and hug him as I look at my twin twelve-year-old daughters who were helping me with the babies and Arman.

"Kira, Nadia, I need you to go round up everyone and tell them to come to the family room."

Nadia looks at me with Walter's deep brown eyes and frowns. "It's bad news isn't it, Dad?"

"Yes. I want to tell everyone at the same time. I don't want to have to repeat the news twice."

She and Kira hurry out of the room.

After they leave, I set Arman on the floor, walkover to the bar, pour myself a water glass full of vodka, and carry it and the bottle over to the coffee table. I set the bottle within easy reach as I sit on the sofa. I look over at the babies playing in the playpen. I stand and walk over to watch them as I drink.

Frohike enters the room while I am standing by the playpen looking down at the babies wondering if they will grow up without ever knowing Fox. The little man walks over and hugs me.

"I'm sorry, Alex."

"Melvin, can I ask a favor of you?"

"Sure anything."

"I'm going to need help with the babies and Mani until Walter returns. I need some time to myself this evening. I'd have my daughters watch them, but I'm not sure how they are going to handle the news."

"You don't have to explain. I'd be happy to watch them, so would Hans, Byers, and Langly."

I walk over to the sofa and sit. Frohike joins me. Arman climbs up on the sofa and sits next to him as Hunter, Duncan and Nicky walk into the room.

"Dad, Nad said you wanted to see us," Hunter says as he eyes the bottle of vodka on the coffee table and the content in the glass I'm sipping. He might look like me, but I can see Fox in that evaluating look he's giving me. His face goes white and his lips tremble. "Something's happened to Daddy Fox?"

It's been years since he'd called any of us daddy. "Sit down, Hunter, I want to tell everyone at the same time," I say.

Fifteen minutes later everyone is crowded into the family room. I set the empty glass on the table and stand. I look at my children and friends. Shinji is standing between Rory and Kazuo with their children gathered around them. Hans is on the sofa next to Frohike, their youngest daughter is sitting on his lap.

I can't think of how to tell them in a way that would make it easy for them to hear. Therefore, I don't even try. "I received some bad news from Walter. Sergei is dead and Fox has been abducted by the aliens."

I watch as my children's looks of stunned disbelief turn to tears. The triplets run to me and cling as they cry. I kneel and pull them into my arms and whisper soothingly to them. This is the first time any of our children have experienced the death of a close family member. Sergei's death was going to be painful for them to get over, but I know from experience that eventually the pain will lessen. On the other hand, Fox will be impossible, he's not dead but missing, there can be no closure. He's such an integral part to all of their lives and mine. It will be impossible for any of us to rest until he is back with us.


Thursday, January 17, 2019

Mulder's POV

Two weeks have passed since I was abducted. I am no longer chained but I am being kept inside a fucking gilded cage. The exterior is decorated in gold and jewels. Inside I have silk cushions to sit and sleep on but nothing else. The cage is too small for me to stand without having to stoop and so truncated that I'm unable to stretch out to my full length.

I'm sure Xowolfe doesn't want me to be too comfortable. He's been trying to tame me. I won't give him the satisfaction and fight him every chance I get. I'd rather rot in this cage than become his obedient slave.

The cage is on wheels so it can be moved between the throne room and his private quarters. Three times a day I am allowed out to relieve myself. Afterward I must put up with being groomed and fed before being placed back inside the cage.

I look through the bars at the seraphim and immortals entering the throne room. Jeffrey and Ian come in with their children. They avoid looking at me. My nieces and nephews look but don't move from their parent's side. Two other seraphim have entered the room with them. I've seen these same two with my brother's family over the last week.

One thing I have figured out is that most immortals have more than one seraph mate and I can only conclude that the two seraphim with Jeff's family are Ian's other mates. I would like to talk to Jeffrey, but Xowolfe has refused my requests.

Most of my time is spent observing the seraphim and immortals. I know most of the immortals. Several must have been abducted the same time as I. Not counting my sons and Alex, there would now be only six immortals left on Earth. Three of them are my closest friends Shinji, Hans, and Ari. I'm fearful that one day I'll see them, along with my sons and Alex, walk into the throne room at the side of their new seraphim mates.

My attention turns to the dozens of young seraphim children. As I watch them play together my emotions are in turmoil. I miss my children. I long to cradle my babies in my arms.

"Soon you will have our children to love," Xowolfe says.

"I'm not having your children!" I say, knowing full well that I will not be given a choice. The time of the month when my body is fertile nears. Then nothing will stop him from impregnating me. I need to find a way to escape and operate the portal back to Earth.


Thursday, January 17, 2019

Skinner's POV

I hang up the receiver and lean back in the chair. Slava has been calling daily to check on how River was doing and to find out our progress on countering the weapon the aliens used to take away our sorcerer powers. I pick up the report from the military research facility in Colorado and flip through it. They have broken down the substance used by the aliens to seed our atmosphere and believe they may be able to neutralize it. If the substance is used again the military has rockets loaded with the neutralizing agent that will be launched and exploded in the atmosphere. Until I am sure that it will work, Alex and our immortal sons will remain in hiding.

This afternoon I'm taking a helicopter to Foxfire Glenn estate to visit my family that has remained there. As we had agreed upon, Alex has taken Angelique, and our sons, except Nicky, to a more secure location. Accompanying them were Hans, Gabriel, Shinji, Kazuo, and Duncan. Frohike and Rory have returned to the island along with their children, while my children remain with Faith and her husband at Foxfire Glenn estate. Alex did not want to leave the babies but it would have been impossible for him to care for them where he was going.

Sergei's body is being kept in the morgue until Alex and the rest of our family are able to return safely to the island. Then we will bury him in the family plot next to Amanda. I've buried family members before, but their deaths never affected me as greatly as Sergei's death. I remember his birth as if it had happened yesterday. How surprised and overjoyed I was when Fox gave birth to a fourth and unexpected baby, my son. I have such happy memories of Sergei as a baby, little boy, and then as a teenager. It pains me that I will never see the man he might have become. At least we have been blessed with his daughter, Grace, in our lives. She will always be a living reminder of Sergei.

I stand, walk over to the liquor cabinet, and pour myself two fingers of bourbon then walk out onto the veranda off Fox's home office. I've been spending a lot of time up here over the last two weeks. Being here amongst Fox's possessions gives me the feeling of being close to him. I am also incredibly lonely being in our home alone. This place had always full of life.

I sigh sadly as I look up at the sky. Rescuing Fox and bringing him home seems like an impossible task. We've made progress over the years trying to pinpoint the Seraphim's home world. We have determined where their solar system is but haven't identified the planet they live on. Even so, with our present spaceships it would take us over a century to reach their solar system. Until we can advance our space flight technology our best bet for rescuing him and the other immortals would be capturing one of the alien's portals.

"Walter."

I turn and look at Scully. She's standing in the doorway, holding a suitcase. "Dana, what can I do for you?"

"I'm going with you to Foxfire Glenn. Jonathan and my son are fine with me going. Your's and Mulder's babies need someone with experience to take care of them."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure. I might be old and gray but I want to help."

"Dana, you're not old...you're only in your fifties."

"Don't try to flatter me, Walter. Unlike you I'm only human."

"Yes, but you're still beautiful," I say softly, "and I'd appreciate any help you can give me with the babies."

"Shall we get going?" Scully says.

"Yeah. I need to grab my bag. I'll meet you by the elevator." I could have used my powers to make my suitcase come to me, but I'm forcing myself to not be so reliant on them.


Thursday, January 17, 2019

Krycek's POV

I'm glad that we don't have any of our younger children with us. To say we are roughing it would be an understatement. The cabin has no electricity or running water. It has five rooms: two bedrooms, a kitchen, parlor, and a loft. The bathroom is a satellite toilet a hundred feet from the cabin. Our bathtub is a wooden tub that is in the kitchen. The previous owner used the outside pump to haul in water to fill the tub and the wood stove to heat it. Luckily having three sorcerers living here we don't have to haul or heat water.

Shinji and Kazuo have claimed one bedroom with Hans and Gabriel claiming the loft, leaving River and I are sharing the other bedroom while Hunter, Gawain, Angelique, and Duncan sleep out in the living room.

Angelique is curled up on the sofa reading in front of a fire blazing in the hearth. Even with the fire this place is still cold and drafty.

"Angel, can I get you anything?" I ask.

"No, Dad, I'm fine." She doesn't look up from the book, it's one of those old paperback romance novels.

I walk into the kitchen and fill my coffee mug. Duncan, River, and Gawain are playing cards at the kitchen table. I watch them for a few minutes and I wonder where Hunter has disappeared to. Hans and Gabriel have turned in for the night. Shinji is sitting at the desk in the parlor making notes in his Pocket PC. Kazuo is outside checking the perimeter around the cabin. This place may be isolated, but there are still men living in these mountains. So far no one has approached our cabin.

I finally find Hunter sitting out on the porch staring up at the stars. He is bundled in a heavy coat against the cold mountain air. Snow covers the frozen ground.

"Do you believe in heaven, Dad?" he asks.

I know where his question is leading. Throughout all of their bickering, he and Sergei shared a closeness that only fraternal twins can share. "I like to believe that there's a higher plane of existence where people go when they are freed from the fetters of this life. I'm sure Sergei and Amanda are there together, along with mine, Fox's, and Walter's other family members." I walk over to the railing for a better view of the nighttime sky.

I turn to look at my son and see sadness in Hunter's eyes.

"If that is the case, Dad, then we'll never be able to join them. I'll never be able to be with Sergei again."

I didn't expect that response. I was hoping to comfort him not remind him of what we are. "Fox has seen and talked to my mother, your grandmother, after she had been dead for years. Maybe someday we might see him again."

"I don't want to only see his ghost. I want to be able to die and go to heaven!"

He now has tears streaming down his cheeks. It's been so long since I've seen him cry. I kneel in front of Hunter and pull him into my arms. "Son, you're too young to be thinking about dying. Sergei would want you to be happy."

"How can I be happy when Sergei is dead and I'll never see him or Dad Fox again!"

"We'll rescue Fox...."

"We haven't rescued any of the other immortals that the aliens have taken!"

I've been having the same fears. "It may take years, decades even, but we will rescue him."

"I don't want to wait years! I want him home with us now!"

I sigh. "So do I."


Thursday, January 17, 2019

Mulder's POV

I've spent the last four hours watching seraphim and immortals come and go from the throne room with their children. Justin Blaise is in the company of three seraphim. He seems to take pleasure from their constant attention. None of the newly abducted immortals seems at all upset over their abductions. I am aware of the bonding that takes place between a seraph and an immortal. It can make an immortal forget his previous life as his sole focus is on his seraphim mates.

If it weren't for my past dealings with Xowolfe, I wonder if I would have fallen prey to this syndrome. I seem to have developed an immunity. I glance over at several teenage seraphim that come here daily. They spend hours each day by the fountain watching me. I wonder what they are thinking. It cannot be normal for them to see an immortal locked inside a cage like an animal when all of the others are free and happy.

A seraph messenger hurries into throne room and bows before King Xowolfe. "My King, our spy is reporting that he may have located where some of the remaining immortals are hiding."

The King looks down at the messenger. "We cannot chance using the disrupter again unless we are positive about their location. Humans are clever; they might develop a way to counter the disrupter's effects. If they do we stand no chance against their sorcerer's superior powers."

"Our spy is unable to leave the Crystal Palace without raising suspicions but he is certain that they are at the Foxfire Glenn estate. King Walter has just taken a helicopter out there."

My startled gasp draws Xowolfe's attention.

He looks at me and smiles. His dazzling white teeth sparkle against his tan skin, he's beautiful with his dark brown hair and hazel eyes that change from gold to green depending on the light. If I didn't despise everything that he is and represents it might not have been hard to love him or feel flattered that such a beautiful creature would want me. Xowolfe turns to his General who is standing nearby. "General Xohahn, send a force to this estate to search for the immortals and for my mate's sake, take care not to harm any of the humans."

I am positive Walter and Alex would not be so careless as to be staying at our old estate, at least not for more than a few days. It would only have been a matter of time before the aliens tracked them there. I wonder who the palace spy is the messenger spoke of.

Xowolfe looks hungrily at me as he signals for my three-morph attendants. "You will show me proper gratitude, my mate, for protecting your human family."

My cage is wheeled out of the throne room back to Xowolfe's chambers. I know what is coming next. I will be allowed to relieve my bladder, then they will bathe me, feed me, and finally he'll show up to rape me. They pushed the cage into a corner near his bed that reminds me of a nest, with its large cushions, pillows, and silken fabrics. He tried to get me to sleep with him once after raping me, but I bit him and ended up quickly back in the cage.

My captors open the cage door and I'm allowed out. I raise my arms over my head and stretch stiff sore muscles. One of the morphs steps behind me and removes the silk robe I'm wearing. I walk into the bathroom, now used to the routine, and over to a hole in the stone floor. I pee into the hole while the morphs watch, alert to my every move. After I am done, I walk across cavernous space to a waterfall that is pouring down a high rocky wall. I step under its flow. The water is warm, refreshing. It soothes the aches and pains that come from being inside the cramped space of the cage. This time I'm not joined in the shower by the morphs, instead Xowolfe steps into the curtain of water. The bastard couldn't wait until after I was bathed and fed first. He's naked and his sex is jutting out fully aroused. Water runs off his waxy wings in rivers.

He is on me so quickly that I don't have time to move, let alone fight, my wrists are grabbed and I'm pushed up against the stone wall as the water pours down on top of us. One large hand pins my wrists over my head, while his other wraps around my waist bending me slightly as he aligns the head of his cock against my navel. He's taller than I am so taking me this way isn't a problem for him. My struggles are useless; he's so much stronger. With one smooth thrust he enters me, pushing his large organ completely inside my body. I clench my teeth while tears of frustration spring into my eyes as once again my body betrays me, enjoying the intrusion, it clenches around the thick shaft. He pulls me closer as he grinds his cock into my body. I shudder with unwanted pleasure, before violently slamming my head back on the hard stone wall, hoping to end this physical torment, if for however briefly.

As I slam my head back again, harder, stars burst before my eyes and an intense pain shoots through my skull. Before I can repeat my actions for a third time I'm spun away from the wall just as the room dims and grays.

The next thing I'm aware of is being uncomfortably hot with a heavy weight on top of me. His scent is all encompassing. Opening my eyes I look around, other than the cushions I'm laying on, all I can see are his brown wings fanned out over me as he holds me against his chest. I'm in his bed lying on my belly with my arms and legs bound in soft restraints. He is sleeping. I can feel his sex against my ass. He's never taken me there for which I am grateful. I don't want anyone other than Walter and Alex to have sex with me that way.

I try to keep perfectly still not wanting to wake him. It's hard, his scent and touch I find repulsive. I would give anything to be back in Walter's and Alex's arms, feeling their sweet embrace. Tears fall freely; I feel lost without my lovers...my soul mates. All of our differences now seem trite and insignificant.

"Forget, Xofox," my tormentor whispers in my ear, "Forget."

I shake my head and try to get out from under him. "I will never forget them. Free me."

"Never! You are my mate! I will make you forget them!" Xowolfe's voice rises in anger.

I know it is pointless to argue with him but I can't help myself. "I will never love you! Let me go!"

"In time you will come to love me."

He kisses the back of my head. I weep as I close my eyes, I'm too tired to fight him.



Friday, January 18, 2019

Skinner's POV

Dozens of news vans are parked outside the estate. Why am I not surprised they were able to track me here? Over the past two weeks they have hounded me unendingly. Reporters, like cockroaches, are one of the few things that survived the alien virus seemingly untouched. Every move I make they dog me, asking question after question, digging endless for a scoop that would advance their careers. If they discovered my lover's and sons whereabouts it would become front-page news damn the consequences. Thank God, Alex, our sons, and Angelique had left Foxfire Glenn a few days after we escaped from the island. It had been too dangerous for them to remain longer. At least the press has no clue of their present location.

The world is in a panic after losing fourteen immortals to the aliens. Fortunately most of the immortals had used the growth cylinders over the years to gestate dozens of female offspring with their sorcerer mates. I sigh, thinking of the discussion that I am going to be having with Alex. It is now more important than ever to convince Alex to have additional daughters by me using the growth cylinders. Daughters that we will never be able to keep; like Fox's six hundred and fifty daughters, they will be given up for adoption to good homes.

"Daddy, when's Daddy Fox coming home?" Arman asks for the hundredth time.

We are sitting in front of the fireplace in the family room. Newly fallen snow blankets the ground outside.

"I don't know, Mani," I tell him honestly. It does no good to lie to the boy.

"Why don't you go get him and bring him home?"

"It isn't possible. Daddy Fox is on a planet too far from Earth."

"When I'm big I'll bring Daddy Fox home."

He looks up at me with such determination in his hazel eyes that I can't help but see a parallel between him and Fox. Will our son spend his life searching for Fox as Fox had done looking for Samantha? At least Arman won't be ridiculed for his belief in aliens as Fox had been. I run my fingers through his soft strands of hair. As I am doing this the sky outside darkens and I feel my powers ebbing.

I pray that our defenses are monitoring this and will attempt to counter the effects of the alien's weapon. I scoop Arman up in my arms and stand. Faith and Marcus rush into the room followed by the triplets.

"Dad, what's happening?" Faith says just as a portal opens inside the kitchen and dozens of morphs and a seraph rushes out.

The triplets shriek and run over to hide behind me.

"What do you want?" I ask as I hold my son protectively.

"Where are the immortals?"

"What immortals are you talking about?"

"They are our property, human." He turns to the morphs. "Search this place."

His arrogance enrages me. "Immortals are human beings and they don't belong to you! They belong on Earth with their families. You tell your bastard King that he'd better return Fox and the other immortals or he'll be sorry he messed with me!"

The Seraph chuckled. "Immortals are happy living on Empyrean. They would not want to come back."

"I want my Daddy back!" Arman starts to cry and glares angrily at the Seraph. Suddenly the Seraph is thrown across the room by an invisible force.

I wasn't sure what happened until I feel my powers returning and realize Arman wasn't wearing the anti-power cuff. As my powers return full force, I turn my rage first on the morphs that dared invade my home and threaten my children. One of these creatures might even be the one who killed Sergei. I could cause them to die in extreme pain, but I kill them quickly...mercifully. After every morph inside and outside our home is dead and while their bodies dissolving into toxic green puddles, I turn my attention back to the Seraph. He is just regaining his feet from the blow my baby boy inflicted on him. I use my powers to knock him unconscious. The Seraph could be the key to getting Fox back.

I focus on the green puddles, making them disappear. Then I noticed that the portal is still functioning. I disable it to prevent them from being able to retrieve it. Our scientists will be able to study and learn from this technology. Outside the sky is a deep purple.

Dressed in winter clothes Dana, Nicky, Summer, and Aleksandra hurry into the house through the back door, three of them with a baby strapped in a bjorn against their chests. They had been taking the babies for a walk around the estate grounds to get some fresh air.

"What just happened? Did the aliens return?" Scully asks. They stop in their tracks at the sight of the portal and the unconscious Seraph.

"Yes, Dana." I face my children. "Nicky, Alek, Summer, put the babies in the playpen then take the triplets upstairs and help them pack their bags, we're going home." With the alien's weapon neutralized it is no longer necessary for my family to remain in hiding. As soon as I have this part of my family settled back on the island, I plan to pick up Alex and the others from the cabin. For the first time in two weeks I feel confident that we may be able to rescue Fox and the other immortals.


Chapter 10 - The Seraphim Queen

Sunday, January 20, 2019

Skinner's POV

I stand in the cemetery with my family and friends as Sergei's coffin is lowered into the grave. There isn't a dry eye amongst us. I try to stay strong for our children, but I can't stop the sobs that wrench my body as the coffin settles on the bottom of the hole with a disquieting thud.

Alex wraps his arms around me, and I lean against his solid body for support and comfort.

The finality of losing my oldest son settles over me like a dark cloak. I will never again see his happy face or hear his voice telling me about each new adventure in his life. Every single moment of Sergei's short life is etched upon my memory, from his first haircut to the birth of his daughter.

I barely recall leaving the cemetery and traveling back to our home at the top of the tower. Many hours later, I find myself sitting with Alex on the sofa in front of the fireplace in our bedroom. I have an untouched tumbler of bourbon in my hand. Alex is holding Rose on his lap. She keeps pressing her pacifier against his lips and giggles each time his mouth clamps down on it.

I smile sadly watching them. It is already late at night; the other two babies are soundly asleep. I struggle to my feet. "I'm going to check on Mani."

"He's fine, Walter. He is sleeping with Gawain in his room."

I sit back on the sofa and sigh, "Alex, have you thought about what I asked you?"

"Yes. I'll go through with it. Although I'm not sure how easy it will be for me to let go of any female babies we conceive using the growth cylinders."

"We can't raise them ourselves."

"I know," Alex sighs as he continues to play with Rose. The baby is all smiles and giggles. "Walter, I want a thorough background check on the families that adopt them. I also want the families monitored by social workers."

I share Alex's fears that our daughters might fall into the hands of someone who might sexually abuse them. "Of course. Alex, we've been monitoring the families that adopted Fox's babies. And more importantly the families of Sedona have been monitoring each other. They want the best for their daughters. We'll do the same for our babies."

With just a handful of immortals left on Earth the public was beginning to panic. Thousands of females worldwide were gestated using the growth cylinders in the last nineteen years. The human race should be able to sustain itself now without the immortals. That doesn't seem to matter to the public. Immortals are still viewed as the last hope for Earth.

I hope that Alex and myself going through with this will quiet the public's panic. Slava and River are also going to use the growth cylinders to add to Russia's female population.

If only we could retrieve the immortals from the Seraphim. Our scientists have been studying the captured portal device. They say it could take years for them to figure out how the technology works in order to duplicate it. The Seraphim prisoner hasn't been cooperative.

Rose yawns and closes her eyes.

"Shall we try to put her to bed?" I ask.

"Let's wait until she's actually asleep," Alex says.

"Well, you know best."

Alex's eyes turn sad. "No, Fox knows best but he's not around to mother her."

"We'll get him back."

Alex shakes his head. "It will be decades before we'll be technologically advanced enough to even attempt to rescue him. By then will he even want us to rescue him?"


Thursday, January 24, 2019

Mulder's POV

The bedroom is nearly pitch-black; the only light comes in through the window where my cage is located. I sit with my arms wrapped around my knees as I stare up at the stars, searching for the tiny twinkle of light that Earth revolves around. With each passing day my heart breaks a little more over being separated from my lovers and children. I wonder if it would be possible for an immortal to die of a broken heart, it seemed like it would be an appropriate death if we were allowed one.

I already feel the gnawing pangs of arousal that come whenever my body becomes fertile... only one more day. I'm sure that I'll go insane when Xowolfe impregnates me, which in and of itself would be a blessing over my current state. I feel total despair as I rest my head against the cold gold bars of my cage. I can see no way out of my present dilemma. Even if I could free myself from this cage, it would take a miracle to get me back to Earth. Back to my family.

A sound pulls my eyes toward the corner of the room where the door is located. I almost missed seeing the five dark shapes darting across the floor to my cage. The light shining off one of the dark shapes' white wings and hair alerted me to their presence.

What are they doing here?

"Hurry, Xomax," a young female seraph says. She couldn't be more than ten years old.

A male teenage seraph around sixteen inserts a key into the lock of my cage and opens the door. His white wings and long white hair glow in the moonlight coming in through the window. Not the best look to try to move stealthily around the palace. Alex would be beside himself with this one.

"We've come to rescue you," Xomax says.

"Why?" I ask as I scramble out of the cage.

"The King has no right treating you this way! It is wrong to keep you locked inside a cage!"

I tower over them. The one who freed me comes only up to my shoulder. They look so young and innocent. "Wouldn't he punish you for freeing me."

"No," the female seraph says, "We are the future of Empyrean. The King will do nothing to us."

Xomax looks over at the empty bed. "Besides he's away in Wabima and will not return until tomorrow. By then we will have you safely back on Earth."

"Do you know how to operate the portal?" I ask as I follow them across the room to the door. A feeling of hope begins to take root for the first time in weeks.

"My father is the King's lead scientist. He developed the portals," Xomax says.

Out in the corridor are even more seraph children, they appear to be acting as lookouts. Sneaking out of their homes in the dead of night strikes me as something a human child would do, then it occurs to me that they are all half human like my daughter Angelique.

Xomax appears to be the oldest and the leader of this rabble, he signals to several children that run up ahead as we move cautiously down the corridor keeping within the shadows.

We don't dare make a sound as we move from Xowolfe's palace complex down several levels into the bowels of city. The marble floor is cold against the bare soles of my feet. The marble soon turns to rough stone as we enter a labyrinth of tunnels. I become totally lost as we wind our way through them, finally after what must have been an hour we step out into a darkened corridor.

I keep expecting the alarm to sound, knowing that any second now the morph will be checking on me.

Xomax uses the key from around his neck to open a metal door and we enter a large laboratory. I recognize the portal device sitting inert in the center of the room. It seems too easy. Could I really be back home with my family soon?

"This one will take us directly to Earth where there is still an active gateway on the planet. The only problem is we do not know what part of Earth the gateway is located on." Xomax starts programming the portal as he speaks.

I know personally the gateway he spoke of. It was the one Xowolfe used when he tried to abduct me almost eighteen years ago. We have never been able to locate it. The last time it had been used was to abduct three immortals from South America. "What about the portals that they used in this last attack?"

"They are short range portals located on the spaceships that have taken up bases on Mars. We could use this portal to reach the ships, but we would then need to steal one of their portals to reach Earth." Xomax glances at the doorway and grabs my hand. "Come we must hurry."

"You should stay here," I say when I determine that he was going to enter the portal with me. The other children stay off the ramp while we stand at the precipice. One step and I'll be back on Earth.

"No, you need me to protect you." He tightens his grip on my hand.

"I'll be fine once I'm back on Earth."

"No. I will protect you, like I protect my mother." The boy suddenly steps through the portal yanking me off balance I literally fall through and land on my knees in the dirt on the other side.

I glance around as I regain my feet. We are inside a cave. A sliver of light filters in through a large crack in the rock overhead.

"Are you all right, Prince Xofox?"

"I'm fine, and its just Fox." I look at the portal. It is humming. "Can you deactivate it so no one can follow us?"

"Yes." He walks over to it, opens a panel on its side, and presses a button. The humming stops.



Friday, January 25, 2019

Mulder's POV

I've taken to calling Xomax, simply Max. He seems to like the name. We left the cave and I've been trying to locate where on Earth we are. I have several fears as we travel over the harsh terrain. The anti-pheromone shot I had a year ago has worn off so any contact we have with humans will be dangerous, and for the next few days I can become pregnant if a sorcerer or clairvoyant rapes me. At least I no longer have to worry about withdrawal symptoms from not having sex. Besides I'm worried about the reactions humans will have to Max. Seraphs are hated on Earth. So we need to make it home with as little contact with others as possible.

The temperature is hot during the day and cool at night. The landscape is similar to Arizona or New Mexico. I'm hoping we're in North America. It would make it a lot easier getting home.

Max has brought a container of water with him. At least he had planned a little. Unfortunately I'm barefoot and wearing only a silk robe with nothing underneath. By the time we stopped for the night my feet were a bloody mess. Luckily, by morning, they had healed, but now they were back on the way to becoming cut and bruised again. The terrain is rocky and growing in the sandy soil are numerous spiky and prickly plants... some unavoidable. I stop and pick another sandbur out of my foot. I sigh; I need something to protect my feet.

"Fox, I will fly ahead and look around?"

"No. You're sticking by my side. If there is anyone around I don't want them spotting you. Max, humans don't like Seraphim."

"Why don't they?"

I frown at the look of bewilderment on his young face. He has no idea what the Seraphim had done to Earth and other planets.

I take his hand and lead him over to a boulder beside a pool of water. We sit next to each other.

"Max, the Seraphim released a deadly virus on Earth that killed almost all of our female population and mutated a good portion of the male survivors. The only females who were spared were those that were barren. Your human father was mutated into an immortal, he was once a human male until the virus changed him into a hermaphrodite... like it did me."

"That is horrible! Why would they do such a thing? Why didn't my mother ever mention it?"

I know that technically immortals are their children's mother, but I've always been uncomfortable with being referred to that way. It seemed to rob me of my remaining masculinity. "I don't know why your immortal father never mentioned it to you. Max, the female seraphim were all killed off by the same virus. The male survivors were looking for a cure and a means to save their race. On your planet all new female seraphs born died immediately from the virus. So they needed to find a way to make females immune to the virus. They thought by introducing the virus into various races that an immunity could be developed." I look down at my feet. "They succeeded only after destroying countless planets and lives."

"I'm sorry. How come you don't hate me?"

"Max, you aren't responsible for what your fathers have done." I stand and sniff the air. I can detect the merest hint of smoke coming in the direction we are heading. "I smell smoke up ahead. Let's check it out."

We head in that direction, keeping to the boulders and brush for cover. We come upon a fence and can see a small farm in the distance. The smoke is coming from the chimney of the farmhouse. "We'll stay hidden until nightfall then see if we can steal supplies from their barn."



Friday, January 25, 2019

Krycek's POV

"I want Daddy Fox! You go get him for me, Daddy Alex!" Mani says.

Not this again, I sigh as I place a bowl of macaroni and cheese on the table in front of him. "Squirt, Daddy Fox is too far away for me to get him."

"You can take the helicopter?"

Arman looks at me as if I should have figured that one out for myself.

I set my coffee mug on the table and sit next to him. "Daddy Fox is on another planet and helicopters can't travel through space."

"Take a spaceship!" he orders.

"He can't take a spaceship," Angelique says as she crosses the kitchen to the coffeemaker. In her hand she's carrying another romance novel. I had wondered where she had gotten those old paperback novels; until I found out they had been Scully's. "It would take Daddy Alex more than a hundred years to reach the planet Daddy Fox is on. Do you know how long one hundred years is?"

Arman shakes his head.

"You'll be older than Uncle Melvin by the time the spaceship reaches Daddy Fox. And you won't be able to see Daddy Alex since he'll be on the spaceship."

"Then I'll go with Daddy Alex!"

I smile at my daughter's futile attempt to reason with a four year old.

"Mani, that will make Daddy Walter sad since he needs to stay on Earth," Angelique says.

Arman's lower lip sticks out as he frowns. "I don't want to make Daddy Walter sad so I'll stay here with him." He looks at me. "And Daddy Alex can stay with us, too." Then he thinks for a few seconds. "Angel, you and Hunter can go and bring Daddy Fox home."

"Gee thanks, Mani," Angelique sighs as she pours herself a cup of coffee.

"How are you doing, Angel?" I ask when she sits at the table with us.

"I miss Sergei and Dad Fox." She tilts her face to look out the window and says sadly, "I wish that I would have been abducted, too."

Her confession startles me. "Why? Aren't you happy living here with us?"

"Dad, with Uncle Jeffrey and my cousins gone, I'm even more of a freak. Dad Fox understood how I felt and tried to make me happy. I want to be with him and others like myself."

"I'm sorry, Angel. I wish I could provide you with the kind of comfort that Fox did." I know that I'll never be able to replace Fox in her life. Their bond was too close.

"It's okay, Dad. I'll try to adjust," she says stoically.


Saturday, January 26, 2019

Mulder's POV

"Who's there? Show yourselves!" a deep male voice boomed from the doorway of the barn, making Max and me jump.

Oh fuck; I thought. A lantern illuminates that end of the barn as the sound of a gun being cocked echoed in the cavernous interior.

"Answer me!"

I look closely at the man holding the lantern and rifle in the doorway. "Mark Conner?" I say surprised when I recognized him. I step into the light so he can see me.

The man lowers the rifle as a look of surprise appears on his face. "Sweet Jesus! Mr. Mulder, how did you get here? I thought the Seraphim had abducted you!" He takes a step closer.

"Please don't come any closer, Mr. Conner. My anti-pheromone medication has worn off, and I'm worried how my scent might affect you."

He stops and takes a few steps back. "How did you get here?"

"I escaped with help from Max and other seraphim children." I hold out my hand and Max creeps into the light and takes it. He looks frightened. This is his first contact with a normal human. Mark Conner isn't pretty like immortals. He's a rugged farmer with a stocky build and a full beard.

Conner's eyes widen then fill with hatred. "Is that a seraph?"

"Yes. Please, keep your voice down you're scaring him... Max is only sixteen. He wasn't responsible for what the Seraphim did to our world." I wrap my arm protectively around Max's waist. "He helped me escape from his planet. Mr. Conner, I need to call my family so they can come and get us."

Mark Conner and his partner Bill are Sedona farmers. They had adopted three of my daughters.

"Okay, Mr. Mulder, but he stays outside."

I wasn't about to argue with the man or try to change the prejudice he feels toward seraphs. All I want is to call my lovers so they can send a plane for us.

"Could you leave the phone out on the porch? I don't want to get any nearer to you than I already am." I am thankful that the smell of the barn helps to conceal my scent.

"I'll do that. Though I think I'll be able to resist you."

He turns and walks out of the barn. We follow at a safe distance. And stand in the yard while he enters his home and comes back minutes later with a cordless phone on a tray with a pitcher of lemonade and two plastic cups. "I figure you might be thirsty."

Bill comes out of the house to stand beside him. He's holding one of their eight-month-old daughters. "Mr. Mulder, I'm happy you were able to make it back to Earth."

"Thanks. What's her name?" I ask.

Bill smiles, he is a smaller man than his partner. "I call her sunshine, but her Christian name is Mary. Her sisters are Jill and Janet. They have brought nothing but joy to our lives, and we can't thank you enough for allowing us to adopt them."

"I'm happy that they have a good home with you both. Now I'd like to call my family. They must be worried out of their minds about me," I say and wait for them to go back inside the house before approaching the porch. It is around two o'clock in the morning, which would make it about five o'clock back East. I pick up the telephone and dial my lovers' private phone number.

It rings at least a dozen times before it is answered. "This better be important!" Walter's voice growls.

"I think it is pretty important," I say.

"Fox? Is that you?" Walter sounds more shocked than anything.

"It's me, Walter."

"Where are you? Are you all right?"

"I'm fine. I'm in Sedona at Mark and Bill Conner's farm. I need you to send a plane for me." I can hear Alex's anxious voice in the background, and Walter tells him it's me and where I am.

"Fox, I'll send a plane out of our base in Nevada. How are you doing? Is there anything you need?"

"I could use some anti-pheromone drug."

"Oh shit. Fox, try to stay away from men until I get the drug to you."

"I'll try. Oh and, Walter, I need some shoes and clothes."

"Okay, I'm going to make arrangements. Here, I'm putting Alex on." He paused and added, "I love you."

"Me too, Bear," I sigh.

"Fox, are you really all right?" Alex sounds panicked.

"I'm fine. How are the munchkins?"

"They're all right, but they do miss you. Rose still won't go to bed at night...."

"Are any of the kids up? I'd like to talk to Sergei. He gave me quite the scare until I found out that Ian had healed him."

"Ah... the kids are still sleeping. You know teenagers," Alex says softly. "How did you get back?"

"I had help." I reach for the pitcher of lemonade and fill the two plastic cups. I hand one to Max and pick up the second. "I can't wait to get home to you, Walter, and our children."

"We've all missed you. Mani wanted me to go and bring you back to him. He just couldn't grasp how impossible that was...."

I smile thinking about my baby boy. He could be quite the handful. My mind switches back to Sergei who was the opposite of Arman personality wise at that age. Call it intuition, but I sense that something is wrong.


Saturday, January 26, 2019

Skinner's POV

When Fox told me that his anti-pheromone drug had worn off, I decided against having a plane from a nearby airbase pick him up. Instead, I opted to fly down there myself even if it takes longer to reach him. No way was I going to risk his safety.

It is daylight when the jet finally sets down at the small airfield outside of Sedona. A horse and carriage is waiting for me. Most of the population has gone back to alternate means of transportation. Automobiles have become a luxury of the elite. Very few citizens can afford the maintenance or the expensive gas to operate one.

I carry a duffel bag off the plane and over to the carriage. "Mr. Conner, thank you for picking me up."

"Mr. Skinner, I hope you had a pleasant flight," Conner replied.

I know that the citizens of Sedona refuse to recognize me as King. To them I'm just a representative of a foreign government far removed from their small community.

"It was as pleasant as it could be when all I wanted was to get here faster. How's Fox?" I climb up on the carriage and settle myself on the hard seat next to the farmer.

"He appears to be fine and is very protective of the young seraph who is with him," he said then makes a clicking sound with his tongue as he snaps the reins to get the horses moving.

"Fox mentioned Max during our last phone conversation. The boy rescued him from captivity, I'm anxious to meet him," I say.

"For a seraph he doesn't seem too bad," Conner says.

I stare out at the desert landscape. I'm worried about how Fox will take the news about Sergei's death. It had been hard on the whole family, but Fox is the one who gave birth to our son and shared a special bond with him.

"You look troubled, Mr. Skinner."

"Fox doesn't know about our son's death. I'm going to have to break the news to him," I say.

"I'm sorry for your loss."

I nod. We make the rest of the trip in silence. I spot Fox as we ride down the dirt road. He's sitting on a bench by the barn with a seraph who has coloring similar to our Angelique. Fox looks up and smiles. He climbs to his feet and runs to meet the carriage. The floor-length, gold, silken robe that he's wearing flaps open exposing his long legs.

I don't wait for the carriage to stop as I leap down and race toward him. We come together and fall into each other's arms kissing while holding each other tightly.

Fox sighs, "I never thought I'd make it back to you, Walter. I love you and Alex so much that being separated from you was painful."

I hold his face between my hands and stroke his lower lip with my thumb while I stare into his beautiful eyes. "Fox, it's been hell thinking that it might be decades before we could even hope to get you back."

I lean forward and pepper kisses over each beautiful feature of his face. He smells so good. Irresistible. My cock swells and I curse, this isn't the time to become aroused. I focus on Sergei's face as I pull Fox into my arms and hold him close for my next words are going to be painful. "Fox, our honeybear is dead."

I tighten my hold as Fox collapses in my arms. I scoop him up and carry him over to the bench. I sit holding him as he sobs uncontrollably against my chest.

"Nonononono... he lied! Damn him!"

The dampness of his tears seeps through my shirt. "Sh, babe, who lied?"

"Jeff said that Ian had healed Sergei!"

"I'm sure your brother had his reasons."

Fox continues to weep as he clings to me. Then he struggles to get off my lap as he says, "Walter, I killed our son!"

I hold him tighter. "You didn't kill him."

"Yes, I did. If I hadn't lost my temper he'd still be alive."

"No, Fox, that isn't true. Sergei would never have stood by and let them take you. He would have fought to free you even if you had been passive. Either way it would have ended with them killing him. He's my son, and I know that's how I would have reacted. Fox, I'm proud of Sergei, he's a hero who died trying to protect you. Don't taint his memory by trying to blame his death on yourself."

Fox looks at me sadly. "You don't blame me for his death?"

"No." I hand him a handkerchief. "Blow your nose."

I glance over his shoulder at the young Seraph who was standing quietly twenty feet away. "Introduce me to your rescuer."

Fox slides off my lap and stands. He's a little wobbly on his feet so I quickly stand and loop an arm around his waist to steady him. He shakes it off and takes my hand then leads me over to the Seraph. I can tell by looking at Max that he is still very young and hasn't reached his full height. He looks to be around the same height as Angelique.

"Walter, this is Max. Max, this is my mate Walter."

"Max, thank you for helping Fox," I say and notice how nervous he is. His wings are fluttering similarly to how Angelique's flutter when she feels distressed. "Don't worry, son, no one is going to hurt you."

"Do you hate me?" he asks.

"No. Why would I hate you?"

"Because of what the Seraphim did to your planet."

"You weren't even born yet, Max. I don't blame you. Besides you're half human."

"I am?"

"Yes. Isn't one of your fathers an immortal?"

"My mother is but he is only part human."

"Part human?" I look at Fox who is frowning.

"Max is right, Walter. My genetic make up includes some of the Seraphim genetic material."

I'm already aware of that from talks I've had with my scientists and Shinji, but I don't like to think of Fox as not being completely human.

Mark Conner has the duffel bag in his hand and passes it to me. He's looking uncomfortably at Fox and I can see the bulge in the front of his pants as he turns without a word and races back to his house.

I open the bag and pass Fox a syringe filled with the anti-pheromone drug. The drug is potent and will last a full year like his last shot. He quickly injects himself.

"I brought your shoes and clothes."

Fox takes the bag from me and sets it on the bench. He pulls out a pair of silk boxers and slips them on under the robe. He follows that with cotton socks before shedding the robe. He shimmies into the tight worn jeans and pulls the lightweight sweater over his head.

He sighs as he finally slips his feet into the well-worn sneakers.

"I was afraid that I would spend the next several hundred years barefoot and pregnant," Fox says.

"You aren't?" I can smell that he is fertile. It has been turning me on so much that I've been erect since we first hugged.

"No. I was rescued in the knick of time." He runs a hand over his flat belly.

It is such a sensual gesture that it has me harder than granite and wanting to plant my seed inside of him. I shift my feet to provide more room for my uncomfortably heavy sacs.

"Get that look off your face, Walter. We have three six-month-old daughters to raise."

I sigh, as the throbbing and weight between my thighs increase and I know that I will not have the type of relief I crave.

Fox notices my plight and takes pity on me. He grabs my hand and pulls me toward the barn with just a word to Max. "Max, stay here, we'll be right back."

Once in the barn, Fox unfastens his jeans and slides them down his long legs then he leans over a bale of hay and spreads his legs, offering his ass to me. Not quite the part of his body I want to penetrate, but close enough. Besides Fox probably would never forgive me if I got him pregnant.

"Don't keep me waiting, Bear," he says.

I can tell by the hitch in Fox's voice that he is doing this for my pleasure, not his own. He is still grief-stricken. If I had the will power to resist him I would, but at this moment his ass and my dick are the only important thoughts on my mind. I pause only long enough to slick us both up with my spit before I push my thick shaft into him. He is as tight as a virgin and it takes me a couple of minutes of short thrusts until my entire length is incased in his heat.

I loop my arms around his body and hold still to enjoy the heat of him. I love him so much. Fox has willingly given so much of himself to me. All the children he has born for me. I think about our life together as I slowly start thrusting in and out of his body, wanting him to feel a little pleasure, although mentally he seems completely detached. I reach underneath and find him soft. Frowning, I leave him be and pick up the speed of my thrusts. I am already close to the edge.

It is over quickly. I orgasm, holding Fox tighter as my seed pumps into his body. It takes me longer to recover and to pull out of Fox. I use a handkerchief to clean the come running down his thighs before helping pull up his boxers and jeans. He looks so unhappy and detached.

"I'm sorry, Fox," I say, pulling him to my arms.

"Hmm?" His eyes focus on my face and he sighs, "No, Bear, it isn't you. I can't help thinking about Sergei. His death makes me realize that I'm going to outlive all my children."

"Not all... River, Hunter, and Gawain will always be with you."

"Walter, you could die as easily as Sergei."

I'm comforted by the anxiety on his face. Since our brief separation I'm not always sure if he still loves me as deeply as he once did. I kiss him tenderly. "I'm not dying anytime soon. Let's go home."


Saturday, January 26, 2019

Krycek's POV

I look up at the nighttime sky as the landing lights from the jet approach the runway. Around me, our children are all bundled into their winter clothes as they anxiously wait to see their Dad Fox again. A dozen reporters wait in a roped off area with their cameras and microphones. Our palace's security guards are surrounding them to prevent the reporters from interfering with our upcoming reunion.

I gaze longingly at the jet. I've spent the month trying to be strong for our children... but now it's my turn to free my emotions from their shackles. The man I love is back and nothing short of an earthquake will ever separate us again. Our kids are going to have to wait their turn for his attention, I decide firmly as my fingers grip the handle of the three-seat baby stroller.

The roar of the jet passes overhead as it swoops down and lands on the runway.

Arman is jumping up and down excitedly while pointing at the jet. "Daddy's home!"

I grin down at him. I guess I'm going to have to share Fox for a little while with them.

After, the jet comes to a stop, the side door opens, and steps are lowered. Fox is the first person to step off the plane. When our kids see him they take off running across the tarmac. I'm stuck with the baby stroller. So I grin like an idiot as I watch Hunter make it to Fox a few seconds ahead of Nicky both boys throwing their arms around him; the other kids pile on as they reached their Dad.

"Daddy! Daddy!" Arman screams as he runs around his brothers and sisters trying to find a way to get to Fox.

Angelique picks him up and flaps her wings until she's a couple of feet off the ground. She passes Arman to Fox over the other kids' heads. Fox smile widens as he hugs and kisses Arman before turning his attention back to the other children. He talks to each of them in turn, hugging and kissing them.

I wheel the stroller across the tarmac as they continue their joyous reunion. The flashes of the cameras are going off almost non-stop.

I've been so focused on Fox that I miss seeing the young male seraph climb off the plane with Walter. It wasn't until I notice Angel move away from Fox and her siblings that my eyes turn in that direction.

Angel walks over to the Seraph and holds out her hand. "I'm Angelique."

"You're a seraph?" the boy asks.

"Didn't my father mention me?"

"Who's your father?"

Angelique nods her head toward Fox. "He is."

"So you're King Xowolfe's daughter. I should have figured that out."

"I'd rather not be reminded that he is my father," Angelique says. "What's your name?"

"Xomax or you can just call me Max."

"Okay, Max. Why are you here?"

I didn't tell the children how their Dad was rescued since I didn't have all of the details. I figured I'd leave that up to Fox to tell them.

"I rescued Fox from the King," Max says as he steps closer to her.

"You rescued my Dad? How could you? You're just a boy."

"And you are pretty."

Angelique blushes. "I am not."

"You're prettier than any seraph on Empyrean."

Walter interrupts them by putting a hand on both their shoulders. They look up at him. "It's time we head home." He looks at me standing five feet away. "Max, I'd like you to meet Alex. Alex is Fox's and my mate."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Alex," Max says.

I study his face. He's young and pretty with eyes as blue as Angelique's. "Max, I'm anxious to hear about how you rescued Fox."

"Very bravely," Fox says as he moves over to my side and leans in to kiss me. He still has Arman balanced in his hip.

I can see the pure love he feels for me as he looks into my eyes. It rocks me to my very soul as I feel the same love for him. If it weren't for our children to anchor me over the past month, I would have been a basket case missing him.

"I've missed you, Alex," Fox says as he passes Arman to Walter. Then we fall into each other's arms and kiss again, deeper, longer. His lips are as soft and warm as I remember. I feel like I've gone without kissing him for longer than a month. We part breathlessly. Fox smiles warmly then kneels beside the stroller and kisses each of his babies while talking to them softly. Their faces are happy. It is clear that they recognize him.

I kneel beside him and touch his arm. "Are you all right? Did he hurt you?"

"I'm fine, Alex." His expression turns sad. "I want to visit Sergei's grave after we get our kids home."

"I'll go with you."

He nods. I can tell he's struggling to keep himself together.

Walter gets everyone moving to the limousines waiting to take us back to the palace. I help Fox get the babies and Mani into their car seats. The kids pile into the other two limos. The palace is seven miles from the small airport. Everyone from the palace uses the limos to go to and from the airport. I watch as River and Nicky make sure Morgan, Regan, and Alina get into one of the limos. I smile. Our kids are good at watching out for each other. I sigh. River isn't a kid any longer. In less than a year Kaylie, Angelique, and Hunter will all be adults.

Walter checks to make sure all of our kids and Max in the limos before climbing into ours and settling on the other side of Fox.

"I think Max is attracted to Angel," Walter says.

"They are both children," Fox says.

"Angel will be eighteen in December," I say.

"Don't remind me," Fox sighs. "I'm not sure what we're going to do with Max. I tried to get him to stay on Empyrean."

"Maybe we'll be able to work out a trade. Max for one of the immortals," Walter says.

"It wouldn't work. Immortals are far more important to the seraphim," Fox says then sighs. "Max isn't going to like living here. He's going to miss his friends and family."

"We'll help him adjust," I say while knowing how miserable Angelique has been and she was born here.

"I would like to look for a way to get him home," Fox says. "Maybe we could use the portal in Arizona."

"That is a possibility. I'd like to bring it back to the island so we can study it." Walter places his arm around Fox.

"Daddy, can I sleep with you tonight?" Arman asks as his little feet bounce off the car seat.

Before I can tell Arman no, Fox answers him.

"Sure, Mani."

Oh great, I sigh inwardly.


Sunday, January 27, 2019

Mulder's POV

It is a little past midnight and storming. Sleet mixed with rain coats the ground with ice as I kneel beside Alex in front of our son's grave. Walter is standing holding an umbrella over us, but it doesn't do much good as the small frozen pellets are coming down at an angle. My hair is already frozen but that doesn't faze me as my only thoughts are on Sergei.

I touch the tombstone feeling the layer of ice that coats the granite as I trace his name.

'I'm all right, Daddy, don't cry.'

I glance up; he is standing next to his grave smiling down at me.

"Sergei," I say as I struggle to my feet.

Next to him are his grandmothers: Aleksandra, and my mother, Teena.

"Mama?" Alex says as he stands.

'Sasha, my sweet Sasha,' Aleksandra says.

"Fox, Alex, what's going on?" Walter asks.

I look at him. It is clear Walter doesn't see them. I wonder if only immortals are able to interact with the dead. Alex is talking to their mother.

"Walter, Sergei and your mother are here, along with my mom," I say as tears run down my cheeks as I hug my son. He feels so solid... so real.

"Fox, tell Sergei that I love him and am proud of him," Walter says as his eyes fill with tears.

"He can hear you, Bear."

'Dad, I just wanted you to know that I am happy.' He kisses me on the cheek. Then vanishes with Aleksandra. My mother remains silently watching me. I feel so at peace.

"Mom."

'I'm proud of you, Fox. I just wished I had had the courage to tell you when I was alive.'

"Mom, I've missed you. Is Samantha with you?"

'She was but she chose to be reborn.' My mom smiles and as she is vanishing says, 'She's very close to you now.'

"Fox?" Walter holds the umbrella over my head as lightening flashes overhead. I'm shivering uncontrollably as the rain and sleet have soaked through my clothes.

My teeth clatter as I try to talk. "M-my mom said t-that Samantha has been reborn."

Alex is also shivering, but he is smiling. "Let's go home. We all need a hot bath."


Sunday, January 27, 2019

Skinner's POV

Steam rises from the bath water as Fox rests his head on my shoulder. My arm is around his body, touching Alex's shoulder. Alex is stretched out on the other side of him. Fox is so exhausted. It has to be close to forty-eight hours since he slept last. We all could use some sleep after the long and eventful day that started with Fox's phone call from Arizona and ending now with the three of us sharing a hot bath. We're content to just cuddle and enjoy the comforting warmth of each other's bodies. I still can't believe he is back.

In a few hours it will be morning. Last night, Fox spent a half-hour in bed with Arman waiting until our son fell asleep. We left Arman sleeping in the middle of our bed under the watchful eye of his nanny while we went to the cemetery.

After our visit to the cemetery Fox and Alex were more relaxed. I wish I had the ability to have seen Sergei and my mother. I wonder if the reason immortals are able to talk to the dead is because they are unable to die? I'm content in the knowledge that Sergei is happy and with his grandmothers.

One of the babies starts crying from the nursery and both Fox and Alex struggle to their feet.

"I'll get her, Alex," Fox says.

"If you're sure," Alex replies as he settles back down in the bathtub and snuggles into my arms.

"I'm sure." Fox climbs out of the bathtub.

I watch the beautiful curve of his ass as Fox walks across the bathroom. He grabs a towel and starts to dry himself as he heads down the steps to the bedroom. After a few minutes the crying from the nursery stops. I ease Alex off me and stand.

"C'mon, Alex, let's get to bed."

"But not to sleep," Alex says as he takes my hand and I pull him to his feet.

I shake my head. I've seen how he's been glued to Fox since they were reunited. "Fox isn't going to be up for anything other than sleep. And besides Mani is sleeping in the middle of our bed."

Alex's arms go around my neck and he kisses me.

"Can you do me a favor?" he asks between brushes of his lips.

"What?" My cock twitches with growing interest and I think maybe I'm not so tired after all.

"In the morning take care of Mani and keep him occupied while I spend some time alone with Fox."

"You could have just asked," I say as I remove his arms from around my neck and climb out of the bathtub. I stalk across the bathroom and grab a towel.

"C'mon, Walter. I'm only asking for a few hours alone with Fox."

I sigh, and give in. Alex has been taking care of Mani and the babies since Fox was gone. I can understand why he would want some time alone with Fox. There will be other times for all three of us to be together. "Okay, Alex. I'll take care of the babies, too."

"Thanks, Walter."

I finish toweling myself off and pull on a pair of briefs. "C'mon, Alex, bed. I'm tired and it sounds like I'm not going to be able to sleep in."

"If we can convince Fox to say no to Mani, maybe we can all have some fun tomorrow night."

"You can't blame Fox. He's missed our kids, especially Mani and the babies."

Alex sighs, "I know. It's just that I want to be the focus of his attention for a little while."

We walk down to the bedroom and head to the nursery to see how Fox is doing. He's sitting on a rocking chair with Skye in his arms. He had taken the time to pull on a pair of silk boxers. The baby is only wearing a diaper. It is such a sweet picture.

"My mom said that Samantha was close to me now," Fox says suddenly. "When Sam was a baby my mom used to tell about how difficult it was to get her to go to bed at night."

"What? Do you think Rose might be Samantha?"

"I'm not sure... maybe." He yawns.

I walk over and take Skye from his arms. She has fallen back to sleep. "Get your butt in bed, Fox."

Fox gives me a tired smile as he stands and heads out of the nursery with Alex. I carry Skye to the changing table and dress her in the pink sleeper Fox had taken off to change her diaper. She stirs a little but remains asleep. I lay her back in the crib and cover her with a soft blanket. I watch her sleep for a couple of minutes before checking on my other two daughters. My family is what has made my life perfect. It may be a selfish thought, but I'd never want to go back to how my life was before the alien virus.

When I walk into the bedroom Fox is already soundly asleep in the middle of the bed next to Arman. Alex is spooning behind Fox. Damn, they are both so beautiful. I turn off the lights and climb into bed next to our son. I reach over him and place my hand on Fox's hip. Alex's hand covers mine. I smile as I close my eyes.


Sunday, January 27, 2019

Alex's POV

Fox's legs are on my shoulders as I thrust into him while staring into his beautiful hazel eyes. The mattress creaks under the force of our coupling. We've been making love to each other since we woke three hours ago. There isn't a part on either of our bodies that hasn't been licked, kissed, or teased in that time. I still feel a sweet ache from Fox fucking me an hour ago.

The sheets are sticky with come and sweat. The scent is heady, arousing.

My fingers wrap around Fox's cock and stroke. He is close, so I stroke harder and faster up and down his velvety shaft.

Fox's back arches off the bed as he comes for the third time in three hours. Milky semen splashes across his chest. God, he is so beautiful. I soon join him as his sphincter muscle milks my cock to release.

His long legs slide off my shoulders as I pull out of him then lower myself on top of him, and capture his lips in a long kiss.

After our kiss ends, Fox says, "We should think about getting out of bed." He glances toward the window. It is already dark outside.

We had slept until late afternoon, and now it is early evening. I'm sure our kids have been waiting all day to see Fox, since they only had a brief reunion yesterday.

"I suppose," I say as I snuggle closer to him then decide our kids can wait a little bit longer. "We'll get up in an hour."

Fox chuckles and kisses me. His arms loop around my neck. "We should relieve Walter. He's been taking care of the babies and Mani since this morning. Plus I want to see our kids and check to see how Max is doing. Not to mention I'm hungry."

"Okay. But we're turning in early tonight," I say as I roll off him.

"So what did your mom say to you last night?" Fox asks.

I know he'd been too busy talking to Sergei to have listened to my conversation with my mother. I'm still feeling giddy about seeing and talking to her. "She said that I will have Amanda back next time I become pregnant." I smile.

Fox looks at me as we walk up to the bathroom. "Alex, it appears that our loved ones will always be a part of our lives whether alive or dead. While we may never be able to die, our dearly departed can be reborn and become a physical part of our lives again."

"You should talk to Hunter. Sergei's death has really affected him," I say as I turn on the faucet in the shower.

Fox nods as we step into the shower. "I should have spent the last three hours with our children, instead of lusting after your body."

"No. Fox, we both needed this. You probably more than me. You're not going to have much time to yourself in the coming days."

Fox wraps his arms around me. "Alex, being with you this way did help to cleanse away memories of Xowolfe's unwelcome touches."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No. Not yet." He picks up the bar of soap. "I'm just happy to be home."


Sunday, January 27, 2019

Skinner's POV

Most of our children are in the Entertainment room. I have the fireplace lit and am sitting in front of it with Gawain and the triplets. The television is on and Kaylie, Summer, Alek, Nadia, and Kira are watching an old movie.

Hunter and Nicky for once are helping with the babies. They're sitting on the floor with them, rolling a rubber ball to each of them in turn. Teena seems to be the smartest. She's the only one who rolls it back. Rose and Skye would much rather try to gum the ball.

I keep glancing at the clock. It's all that I can do not to use my powers to spy on Fox and Alex.

"Daddy, when are Daddy Fox and Daddy Alex going to get up?" Morgan asks.

"I'm hoping they'll be up in time to have dinner with us," I say, knowing that Fox hasn't eaten and should be hungry. I tried to get him to eat something on the plane, but he was still too upset over Sergei.

"Hey," Fox says as he and Alex step into the entertainment room.

The triplets jump off the sofa and run over to them. Fox kneels to hug each of them.

"I wrote you a poem, Daddy Fox," Alina says to him and hands him a slip of paper.

Fox takes the sheet of paper and reads it. A smile lights up his face. "This is beautiful, Alina. I've missed you." He hugs her, and then pulls the other two girls into his arms. "I've missed all three of you."

Arman runs into the room followed by Angelique, Max, and River.

"Daddy!" Arman launches himself onto Fox's back and wraps his arms around Fox's neck and legs around his waist. I chuckle as Fox stands with Arman riding piggyback. They both have huge grins on their faces as Fox proceeds to gallop around the room with him.

Alex has walked over and sat next to Summer and Aleksandra on the sofa to watch the remainder of the movie. The expression on his face is that of a cat who has just ate the canary.

I stand and Fox stops in front of me. He leans forward and kisses me softly. Arman makes a face over his shoulder.

"Walter, since you had help watching with the babies and Mani, you should have joined us," Fox says.

"I plan to join you tonight," I say, leering and wondering if he caught my double entrendre.

"Daddy, can I sleep with you tonight?"

Fox is staring hungrily into my eyes, as he says, "No, Mani. If you want, you can sleep with Gawain tonight."

"I don't wanna sleep with Gawain!" Arman hollers as he pulls Fox's hair. "I want to sleep with you, Mommy!"

Fox winces. "Ouch! Let go, Mani!"

I quickly grab for our son's hands and pull them free from Fox's hair. His little fists have clumps of hair in them as I remove him from Fox's back.

"Let me down, you big poopy!" He's fighting and kicking as I turn him over my knee and give his bottom a swat. He starts crying and squirming. I normally never spank any of our kids since Fox is dead set against corporal punishment of any type.

I set him back on his feet. "You will apologize to your Daddy Fox for pulling his hair."

He rubs his butt then runs to Fox and clings to his legs while crying his eyes out. "Daddy Walter hurt me!"

Fox gives me a small smile as he rubs the back of Arman's head as our son cries with his face pressed against Fox's legs. Then Fox kneels and pulls Arman into his arms. "Do you know why Daddy Walter spanked you?" he asks.

"No?" Arman shakes his head.

"Yes you do. Now tell me or do you want to have a time out?"

"He spanked me because you won't let me sleep with you and I got mad."

"And what did you do?"

"I pulled your hair." Arman hugs Fox. "I'm sorry, Daddy."

"Now go and apologize to your Daddy Walter."

"Why should I? He spanked me."

"It hurts Daddy Walter to have to spank you."

Arman frowns. "Oh." He walks over to me then holds up his arms wanting me to be pick him up.

I lift him into my arms. Arman wraps his arms around my neck and kisses my cheek.

"Daddy, I'm sorry you hurt your hand on my butt."

Alex starts laughing and the kids join him.

I hug Arman. "I did not hurt my hand on your butt. It hurts me here when I have to spank you." I place my hand over my heart.

"Then you shouldn't spank me."

I sigh. "Mani, I only spanked you because you hurt--"

"Dinner is ready," Jacques' voice announces over the intercom.

"We will discuss this after dinner," I say.

Fox walks over and picks up Rose while Hunter and Nicky carry the other two babies as we head to the dining room.


Monday, January 28, 2019

Mulder's POV

I can't sleep and lie staring up at the dark ceiling. Walter and Alex are both soundly asleep with their arms around me. The warmth and firmness of their bodies is comforting. Even so, for some reason I'm feeling apprehension stirring in my belly.

I wiggle out of my lovers' arms and am extra careful not to wake them. I head up to the bathroom to clean the smell of sex off my body. I don't want to wake them, so instead of a shower I use a washcloth to clean myself at the sink, and then I quietly pull on a pair of boxers and my robe before heading back down to the bedroom.

First I check on my babies, stopping at each of their cribs before heading out the door into the hallway. I know my destination as I weave down the different hallways and finally stop outside Angelique's bedroom and open the door.

I slip inside the room and close the door quietly behind me before walking over to the bed. I sit at the foot of the bed and watch her as she sleeps. During dinner last night, I saw the looks that passed between her and Max. I wonder if she's falling in love with him. I hope not. I want to return Max to his planet, but I don't want to lose my daughter in the process.

Max spent dinner answering questions about Empyrean. His description of the planet and life of its citizens sounded foreign to me. I know the planet is beautiful, since I remember that from my visions years ago. However, I didn't see anything outside of the few places my cage was moved to. Not once was I allowed outside of the palace.

"Dad, what's wrong?" Angelique asks suddenly.

I hadn't realized she was awake.

"I don't want to lose you," I say.

"I don't understand what you're talking about?" She sits up in bed and scoots over to sit next to me.

"I'm worried that you'll want to go to Empyrean with Max when we send him home."

She sighs. "Dad, I don't think Max will want to go back to Empyrean anytime soon. He's quite enamored with Hunter."

I must have missed something. " Angel, I didn't notice Max even looking at Hunter."

Angelique shrugs her shoulders. "Max asked me all sorts of questions about Hunter. It was obvious that he is attracted to him."

Oh great. "How do you feel about that?"

"I don't know, Dad. Hunter's beautiful, I can't blame Max for preferring his looks over mine."

"Didn't Max say he thought you were beautiful?"

"He said I was pretty not beautiful!" She sniffs close to tears.

I wrap my arms around her. "Angel, you are beautiful. Don't tell your sisters but I think you're my most beautiful daughter. Not only physically, you have a heart of gold."

"You don't think I'm more beautiful than Hunter though," she stated.

"I will never lie to you. After Alex, Hunter is the most beautiful person on this planet and Empyrean."

Angelique smiles as she rests her head against my chest. "No, Dad, you're the most beautiful person on Earth and Empyrean."

I kiss the top of her head and quip, "Well, if you insist."

"No really, you are." She smiles at me. "I should know better than to even think I can compete with Hunter."

"What makes you think that Hunter will be interested in Max?"

"Even if Hunter isn't interested, I will not be the consolation prize."

"And you shouldn't be, Angel. Just let Max get this infatuation out of his system. You know immortals have an affect on non-immortals, to the point where most cannot control their reactions. Once Max realizes his attraction is only physical, I'm sure he'll turn his attention back to you."

"I don't know that I want him."

I go from fearing that my daughter will want to go back to Empyrean with Max to now trying to convince her to give him a second chance.

"Just keep an open mind." I kiss her then stand and head for the door. "Now go back to sleep."

"Night, Dad," she says.

"Night, Angel."

I close the door behind me then head down the hallway towards Hunter's room. I've been too busy with the younger children that I haven't had time for him, and I wanted to talk to him about Sergei. My lovers and I haven't discussed what happened at the cemetery with any of our children.

It's only four o'clock in the morning, but that doesn't stop me from shaking Hunter awake. "Wake up, sleepyhead, I want to talk to talk to you."

He pulls the covers over his head and grumbles. "Dad, at least turn off the overhead light."

I do as he asks, then sit back on the bed as he pokes his head out from underneath the covers.

"How come you only have time for me in the middle of the night?" he complains.

"It's not the middle of the night. It's early morning." I point out.

"Whatever." He tosses the covers off and climbs out of bed. "I'm hungry, we might as well talk while I raid the refrigerator," Hunter says as he walks into his bathroom.

"I'll go and put a pot of coffee on," I say as the sound of him peeing reaches my ears.

I head out of the bedroom and stroll briskly to the kitchen. It feels so good to be home. There is something so peaceful about this time of the morning, before the rest of the household stirs.

I have the coffee brewing when Hunter walks into the kitchen. He's pulled on jeans, a T-shirt, and his hair is combed.

"Dad, you don't know how much I've missed you," he says as he hugs me.

"I'm guessing as much as I've missed you." I hug him back.

"More."

I don't argue with him as I can see the relief and love in Hunter's eyes as he looks at me. "Do you want to grab a couple of plates while I pull the leftovers out of the fridge?" Jacques had made southern fried chicken for dinner last night. With the size of our family, we usually don't have leftovers. I place the containers of chicken and coleslaw on the counter.

"Fried chicken was Sergei's favorite food," Hunter says as he places a thigh and wing on his plate.

"I know," I say sadly as I fill my plate then grab a mug and fill it with coffee before sitting at the table. "Hunter, when I visited Sergei's grave, I saw and spoke with him and your grandmothers."

Hunter puts the piece of chicken he was eating back on his plate. "What did he say?"

"That he was happy."

"Did Sergei say what it was like where he is now?"

I shake my head. "No."

Hunter frowns. "You didn't ask him? Aren't you curious about how he lives, what he does for entertainment and pleasure, if he eats, sleeps, or just what the land is like where he is?"

"Hunter, I was just thrilled that Sergei was happy and with your grandmothers."

"Dad, I want to know more about what happens after one dies." He picks back up the piece of chicken. "I want to know what I'm missing out on."

I smile softly at him. He must have had time to adjust to Sergei's death; he isn't as despondent as Alex led me to believe. "If Sergei ever visits you then you can ask him."

"I think I'll bring flowers to his grave this morning," Hunter says as he stands and walks over to get a mug of coffee.

"What do you think about Max?" I ask.

"He seems nice enough, even if he is a bit of a dork."

"Angel thinks he's developing a crush on you."

Hunter smirks, his green eyes sparkling with amusement. "I kinda figured that by the way he kept staring at me. He's just lucky Duncan wasn't around."

"Oh, would Duncan be jealous?"

"Dad, Duncan freaks anytime I talk to another guy."

I chuckle. "He's in love with you. Your Dads are the same way with me, and I'll admit that I tend to get a bit jealous if they are overly friendly with anyone other than each other or me."

"I'm not married to Duncan like you are to my other Dads. I... I like Duncan, but I wish he'd lighten up."

Hunter may not admit it but I can tell that he's fallen in love with Duncan. I wonder when it happened. "Hunter, maybe that's one of the reasons Duncan's so possessive. While he loves you, he knows that you're free to fall in love with anyone you want. It must be hard on him being in love and not having his love returned."

Hunter looks perplexed. "You aren't suggesting that Duncan has feelings?"

"Everyone has feelings."

"C'mon, Dad, I'm constantly rude to him, if Duncan had feelings he'd have told me to fuck off by now." He sips the coffee.

I have to commend my son's honesty. I've seen the abuse he's levied on Duncan. If Duncan didn't worship the ground Hunter walked on, I'm sure he would have told my son off by now. "Have you ever thought about just being nice to Duncan?"

"If I'm nice to him then I'll only encourage him to continue to slobber over me like some overgrown puppy."

Duncan is going to turn eighteen in July. I decide that I will have a talk with him about his relationship with Hunter. If I can convince Duncan to back off, maybe Hunter will admit his feelings for the young sorcerer by the time Hunter turns eighteen in December. I have to admit that it would set my mind at ease if Hunter chose Duncan for his husband. I don't like any of the suitors that have approached Walter, in his capacity as King, seeking Hunter's hand in marriage.

"Daddy!" Arman shouts as he and Gawain enter the kitchen both are dressed in their pajamas with their hair mussed from sleep.

Arman climbs up on my lap while Gawain hugs and kisses me.

"What are you two doing up this early?" I ask while cuddling my young son's sleep warm body.

"Mani was thirsty for chocolate milk," Gawain says as he walks over to the refrigerator, pulls out a carton of chocolate milk and sets it on the counter. He then gets two glasses from the cabinet and fills them to the brim.

"It looks like he wasn't the only one," I say.

Gawain smiles. "Do you think you can make us CoCo Wheats for breakfast?"

"I'd love to make you CoCo Wheats," I say, looking forward to resuming a normal family routine.


Monday, January 28, 2019

Krycek's POV

I wake up to find myself alone in bed. I kick the covers off and look around as I climb out of bed.

Walter is just coming down from the bathroom. He's cleanly shaven and dressed only in his white briefs. I can see the beautiful outline of his large cock and balls straining against the soft cotton. He's a picture of pure manhood with his broad shoulders, muscular arms, and slender waistline. He's in better shape now than when we first met back in 1994.

"So where is he?" I ask, pulling my eyes off his chiseled chest to meet his amused brown eyes.

"He slipped out of here around three a.m.," Walter says.

I frown and hope that Fox isn't avoiding us for some reason. He seemed fine the last couple of days.

"Don't worry, Alex, Fox was just checking on the kids. He spent some time chatting with Angel and Hunter, now he's fixing breakfast for the kids." Walter dresses as he talks.

I breathe a sigh of relief as I glance toward the nursery. It's too quiet.

"Nicky, River, and Kaylie have taken the babies to the kitchen. I think we're the only family members that are missing. I'm ready to brave the zoo, do you want to come or are you going to get dressed first?"

"I'll get dressed after breakfast," I say as I pull on my robe and follow Walter out the door.

As we near the kitchen it sounds like there's a party going on with all of the talking and laughter. I grin at the scene that confronts us. Fox is smiling and joking with River and Kat as they try to feed the babies, including Gracie, cream of rice cereal. Kaylie and Alek have Max cornered and are quizzing him about Empyrean. Mani and the triplets are playing tag. Nadia and Kira are eating. Gawain and Summer are playing chess.

I walk purposely over to Fox, take the spoon out of his hand, and place it in the cereal bowl before pulling him to his feet and capturing his lips in a passionate kiss. I want to show him just what he missed by sneaking out of our bed instead of waking up with me this morning. By the feel of his cock swelling against my hip I'm sure I've gotten my message across.

The moment I end the kiss, Walter leans in and captures Fox's lips in a brief kiss.

"Good morning, babe. What do you have planned for today?" Walter asks.

"I'm going to visit our friends and thank them for the cards and flowers."

"Our friends wanted to meet your plane but decided it would be best to give you time to adjust to being back with your family," I say.

"If you want to finish feeding Teena, Alex, I'll make you and Walter breakfast."

"You don't have to cook for us," Walter says.

"I know I don't have to, but I want to," Fox says, "It feels so good to be free to do these small things for my family."

I can see the pain in his eyes and want to rip Xowolfe's heart out for what he'd done to Fox. I pick up the spoon and sit. "Fox, I'll have scrambled eggs with ham and toast," I say.

"I'll have the same," Walter says, and then goes to get us coffee.



Friday, March 15, 2019

Skinner's POV

Life has returned to normal. It's been almost two months since Fox escaped Empyrean and we've fallen back into our comfortable routine. We celebrated Gawain's twelfth birthday today. He's growing up too fast for my liking.

I keep glancing up the steps to the bathroom as I wait for Alex to come down from the shower. He wanted some time alone. He is fertile and we've decided to have another baby.

After we had shared a private dinner with Fox, he left to give us some privacy. Neither Alex nor I wanted him to leave but Fox only laughed and said that unless Alex wanted babies by both of us he'd better leave.

I fiddle nervously with the fabric cord of my robe. At the sound of Alex's footsteps on the stairs from the bathroom, I look up and feel my cock go from half mask to full staff in under a second. Alex is nude and his hair is slightly damp, and he's so absolutely sexy it takes my breath away. My eyes focus hungrily on his navel that looks totally normal, but is far from normal. I can't wait to feel my dick inside its tight heat. Fox and Alex very seldom will allow me to fuck them there; it's a bit too personal.

Alex smirks. "Walter, your cock is peeking out from your robe. I guess you're happy to see me?"

I look down and sure enough my dick is sticking out of the robe. I shed the robe, walk over to him, and pull him roughly into my arms. Even after his shower, Alex still smells masculine underneath the soapy scent. I lower my mouth over his and ravage him, plunging my tongue inside. Where Fox usually tastes salty and spicy, Alex always tastes sweet like honey.

We kiss for several minutes before Alex pulls me backwards toward the bed. "I need you in me now, Bear."

In my present state of arousal I cannot argue with him. I wanted to be inside of him as of yesterday. We collapse on the bed. I scoot up and place the head of my cock against his bellybutton. I stare into Alex's emerald eyes as I thrust inside him, burying myself up to my balls. Instantly his internal muscles clamp down squeezing and caressing the length of my cock. It's impossible for me to move as I experience the most incredible sensations of pleasure along my shaft.

I roll us on our sides as I feel my orgasm approaching. Alex's face is buried in my neck sucking and licking the tender flesh just below my ear. I can't see how he can focus on any part of our bodies other than where we are joined. I tense as my orgasm is ripped from me and I fill Alex with my seed.

When I come to my senses Alex is kneeling over me. He has a brilliant smile on his lips as he bends and kisses me. "Thanks for giving me Amanda back."

"Do you really think you're carrying our daughter again?" I ask.

"I'm sure that I am pregnant with the spirit that was to be our daughter, whether she'll be female or male I'm not sure."

I can't help but chuckle. "Name, Alex?"

"If she's a girl, I'd still want to name her Amanda, but if she turns out to be a he I'd like to name him after my father."

"Ivan?"

"Yes."

"Okay, Alex," I say and was just snuggling up to him when the door flies open and Fox rushes into the bedroom.

"Faith's in labor!" he announces, heading to the closet and pulling an overnight bag from the top shelf.

Both Alex and I jump out of bed. Alex rushes up to the bathroom and I follow. We share a quick shower while Fox packs our bags.

Although Faith is Alex's and Fox's daughter, I consider her just as much my daughter. We really don't view any of the children that Fox, Alex, and I have procreated together as anything other than our children. Even Angelique I consider to be as much my daughter as Kaylie is to me.

"I've asked Scully to help watch our family while we're gone," Fox says.

I dress and pack a bag. "I hope we make it there before the baby is born." As I notice Fox strapping on a bjorn.

Fox meets my eyes. "I'm taking Rose with us. I think it will be easier for Scully to just handle the Teena, Skye, and Mani. Even with River's help, Rose's sleep problem would be too much for them."

We walk out of the bedroom and down the hall to the entertainment room. Scully is already here, sitting on the sofa reading a book to Arman. The babies are playing in their playpen with River and Summer watching them.

"Dana, thanks for watching the kids for us," I say as Fox walks over to the playpen and picks up Rose. Alex is carrying the baby bag along with his overnight bag.

"It's no problem. I enjoy their company."

Hunter hurries into the room carrying a duffel bag. "Dad Walter, can I come with you?"

I glance at Fox and Alex to see if they object. Fox shrugs as he straps Rose into the bjorn.

"Sure you can come," I say, in fact I'd rather have Hunter with us than home with only Scully to supervise him. We still have a palace spy to hunt down. I contact Clay telepathically to inform him we are going and ask him to watch out for my family. I also contact Rory, Kazuo, and Gideon.

Fox kisses Alex and touches his belly. "Congratulations."

Alex smiles. "Thanks."

We hurry downstairs and out of the palace to the helicopter waiting to fly us directly to Foxfire Glenn.

Once we are in the air and halfway to our daughter's home, Hunter sighs. "Something is wrong with Duncan."

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I hardly ever see him anymore. I think he's avoiding me."

"Maybe he's been busy studying for finals. This is your last year of High School for both of you," Fox says.

"Duncan doesn't have to study, he's smart like Uncle Shinji," Hunter says.

*Fox, what are you up to?* I ask telepathically after seeing the satisfied look on his face.

*Only putting my psychological degree to some use.*

*Do you want to elaborate just what you mean by that?*

*I'm giving our son a taste of his own medicine, and forcing him to admit his feelings for Duncan,* Fox answers while keeping his expression blank so our son doesn't know we're communicating telepathically.

Alex breaks the silence. "Hunter, maybe Duncan has found himself a boyfriend who doesn't treat him like dirt."

Hunter looks stunned, I think, maybe Fox's scheme is going to work. It hadn't occurred to me until now that Hunter had feelings for Duncan other than contempt.

Our helicopter finally lands on the helicopter pad at Foxfire Glenn. A unit of sorcerers and clairvoyants assigned to guard the estate meets us. We're led into the mansion and hurry up to our daughter's room.

Marcus meets us in the hallway. He's cradling a newborn baby wrapped in swaddling cloth. "Hey, Princess, your grandfathers and uncle are here," he says.

"How's Faith?" Alex asks.

"Fine. The doctor is in with her. If you'd like to wait a few minutes for him to finish...."

Fox and Alex ignore Marcus and hurry into the bedroom while Hunter and I look at the newborn baby. She looks like Marcus.

"Would you like to hold her, sir?"

I nod and take the small bundle into my arms. I'll never grow tired of holding a newborn baby... her scent alone pulls at my heartstrings. In seven months Alex will be giving birth to our baby, and within a month River will deliver his and Slava's son.

"Have you chosen a name?"

"Dana. Faith would like our daughter to grow up strong and independent like Special Agent Dana Scully."

I smile. Scully hasn't worked for the FBI since the near invasion and has taken the title Doctor over Special Agent, but there are still dozens of books about her and Mulder's exploits on the X-Files. Hope and Faith, when they were younger, would pretend that they were Agent Scully and Agent Mulder and solve X-Files. Fox used to get a kick out of Faith pretending to be him. Even though at the time I don't think it really occurred to her that her Daddy Fox was really Agent Mulder.

Hunter takes the baby from me and I watch as he cuddles and coos at her. He's been taking more of an interest in babies lately. I'm wondering if his genetic makeup is causing this side of him to emerge. We had to give him an anti-pheromone shot after his last birthday. His scent had caused a fight during his biology class. Fortunately, Sergei and Duncan were there to protect him, from not only his other classmates but also his teacher until I could arrive. I wonder if Sergei will still be there to protect his brother if needed. At least I can count on Duncan, like his Scottish father he has become a formidable fighter, and is intensely loyal to those he loves.

I walk into the bedroom to Faith's tired smile.

"It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be," she says.

I kiss her brow. "I'm so proud of you, Faith."


Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Krycek's POV

I feel my baby move and place a hand over my belly. Two more months and she'll be here. I pick up the fork and slice into the dense chocolate cake as I look around me. We are in the large main dining room of the palace on the first floor. The room is filled with little kids, balloons, crepe paper streamers, and a huge multi-layer chocolate cake with five candles on top for Arman's fifth birthday. Fox is slicing the cake while Walter scoops vanilla ice cream onto each plate as Angelique and Nicky serve the cake to dozens of little kids around Arman's age.

Fox saw that I got the second slice of cake after Arman. He knows my weakness all too well.

Rose totters over to me. I pull her up on my lap and she immediately grabs a handful of cake. At fourteen months Rose and her sisters are walking and talking in broken sentences.

"Oh, Rosie, you're making a mess," I say as I grab her hands to keep her from shoving the cake into her mouth.

Max chuckles as he uses a wet paper towel to clean her hand. "I'll take care of her, Alex," he says.

In the seven months that Max has been with us, he's grown five inches. He's close to six foot tall now. According to Fox, most of the male Seraphim he had seen were all over six foot tall. Max seemed to have adjusted to life with our family, and Fox is no longer talking about sending him home. Once Max had gotten over his crush on Hunter, he refocused his attention on Angelique who was playing a good game of hard to get.

I look over at Hunter and smile. His eyes are on Duncan who is helping his four-year-old sister. Duncan has continued to ignore Hunter, and it has really started getting to our son. I hope the game Duncan is playing doesn't backfire.

A loud noise fills the room, a portal suddenly opens, and a tall Seraph steps through it.

Before Walter or any of the other sorcerers react, Max cries out, "Father!" He sets Rose down and runs over to the blue-winged Seraph.

"Xomax my son," the Seraph says as he hugs Max, then turns, and shuts off the portal.

"What do you want?" Walter asks as the parents in the room quickly usher their children out. I pick up Teena and Skye while Fox grabs Rose.

"I am Xoclaud, I've come to make you an offer."

"We don't deal with Seraphim," Fox says. "Tell your King to fuck off."

"King Xowolfe does not know I'm here."

Fox looks skeptical. "Why are you here then?"

"The King has imprisoned all of the children that helped you escape. My son as their leader will be put to death if he ever returns to Empyrean or if he is captured by any of the King's forces."

Max pales. "Father, is that true?"

"Yes. I'm sorry, Xomax, I should have instructed you better on our laws."

I watch as Angelique walks up to Max and places her hand on his arm. "Max, are you all right?"

"Angel, I'll never be able to go home."

Xoclaud looks at her. "You must be King Xowolfe's daughter."

"I'm Angelique."

"What an unusual name for such a beautiful Seraph."

Walter has placed himself between the Seraph and Fox. And I note that Duncan is standing protectively by Hunter's side. Shinji has gathered his children around him with Rory and Kazuo guarding them. Hans and Melvin with Gabriel are doing the same to protect his family.

"You still haven't told us why you are here," Walter says.

"Almost every family on Empyrean has a child that has been imprisoned by the King. Before the virus that killed all of our female Seraphim, the same royal family ruled Empyrean for countless generations. The highest position on Empyrean was that of Queen. Since our Queen and all of her daughters died milleniums ago, the rule fell to her surviving son."

"Xowolfe," Fox says.

"Yes. By our law, King Xowolfe is obligated to surrender the throne to any female from his family's bloodline."

"Me?" Angelique says.

The Seraph smiles. "Yes, My Queen, you."

"How do we know this isn't some trick?" I ask.

"He's telling the truth," Frohike says.

"As Queen what sort of power will I have?" Angelique asks.

"Total power. You can free our children and make peace with Earth."

"Can I return the immortals that the Seraphim have stolen from Earth?"

"If that is what you command, yes, even if the immortals do not wish to return."

"How were you able to get here without King Xowolfe knowing?" Walter asks.

"I am the scientist who developed the portals. The King has no idea that I have one with the range to reach Earth from Empyrean without the need of an existing portal already on the planet."

"I will not allow my daughter's life put at risk," Fox says. His eyes turn hard as he clenched his jaw.

"Her life will be under no threat," Xoclaud says.

Angelique walks over to Fox. "Dad, if what he's saying is true then the threat to you, Dad Alex, and my brothers by the Seraphim will be over. We can live in peace with them."

"Angel, King Xowolfe is not going to hand you the throne without a fight," Fox says.

Xoclaud agrees, which surprises me. "True, the King will put up a fight, but we have Seraphim in his royal guard and military prepared to arrest him the moment our Queen arrives on Empyrean. He is outnumbered. Xofox, we want to live in peace with Earth and humans. Our children have human blood in them. We regret the damage we have caused to Earth and other worlds in our quest to revive our race. It took our children to teach us shame and humility. We feel remorse for our cruelty and would like to make it up to your world but we cannot as long as King Xowolfe stays in power."

Everyone is listening intently to the Seraph. I'm the only one who sees Jacques slip out of the room. I wonder why he would be leaving. So I decide to follow him. I keep to the walls and corners as I stealthily follow him down the hall into the atrium. I stay hidden in the shadows as he makes his way to a statue and presses a button.

I listen in disbelief as he starts to betray us to the Seraphim. I contact Walter telepathically as I tackle Jacques, cutting off his conversation before he can reveal too much.


Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Mulder's POV

I feel physically ill to my stomach at the knowledge that for years I placed my children's lives in danger by trusting Jacques. Who knows what damage he could have done to them if Alex hadn't discovered he was spying on us for the Seraphim?

Jacques is being stubborn and refusing to tell us why he would betray us and Earth. His trying to contact King Xowolfe brought light to at least one fact, Max's father was telling the truth. The King has no knowledge of the plot to dethrone him.

"Dad, River is on the videophone," Kaylie says as she enters my office.

"Thanks, Kaylie," I say as I plop down behind my desk, flip on the videophone and the monitor springs to life. I smile when I see him sitting there holding my four month old grandson, Alexander.

"Wave to grandpa, Lexi," River says as he holds his son's wrist and waves for him.

"Hi, Lexi," I say. Then I turn my attention back to River. "You've heard what's happened?"

"Yeah, Kaylie telephoned me with the news. I'm sorry, Dad, this must really be painful for you." River frowns. "I always liked Jacques... why would he do something so horrid?"

I sigh. "I used to go by the motto: trust no one. I guess I've become a little too trusting lately. Your Dads are down in security interrogating him. They also have Max and his father, Xoclaud, with them. Walter isn't ready to let Xoclaud out of his sight just yet."

"Kaylie said that Dad Walter really tore into Dad Alex for tackling Jacques."

I frown. "Walter was worried that Alex had placed their unborn baby's life at risk. It was a foolish thing to do, and no doubt if I was in Alex's shoes, I'd probably have done the same thing."

"Do you think Angel will go to Empyrean to become their Queen? Or do you think it's an elaborate plot to abduct her?"

"Your sister has already made up her mind to go. I don't think it's a plot to abduct her, but I am worried about her safety." I wipe at my eyes. I didn't realize how her wanting to leave was affecting me.

"Dad, it is for the best. Angel will be around people just like her... she'll be happier."

"I know she will, River, that's what makes losing her all the harder; the knowledge that she could never be truly happy with us. I do want what's best for her even if it's on Empyrean, but that doesn't mean it will not be painful to let her go." I smile sadly as I look at him and his baby. "It was hard to let you go, too. Someday you'll find out just how hard when Lexi grows up and moves out."

River smiles and kisses the top of his son's head. "Nikolai is spoiling him so much that I don't think Lexi will be in too much of a hurry to move out."

"I better let you go. I want to check on the progress your Dads are making interrogating Jacques," I say.

"Bye, Dad. Say goodbye, Lexi."

I wave at my grandson. Then the monitor goes blank. The videophones have come in handy with my daughters and son living so far away. It's a pleasure to see my grandchildren as they grow. I glance at the framed photograph of Hope's twin baby girls; next to it is Faith's baby. Every square inch of space in my office is covered with photographs of my children, grandchildren, and husbands. The photos remind me of just how good my life has been.


Wednesday, August 8, 2019

Skinner's POV

We had to make a decision quickly. If we waited too long, Xoclaud's absence would be noticed on Empyrean. Max is going to remain with us while Angelique goes back to Empyrean with his father.

Fox is in tears as he hugs Angel goodbye. It occurs to all of us that she might be going to her death. If it weren't for the greater good to both Earth and Empyrean, I would have forbidden her from going. But as it stands, she could save the lives of hundreds on her world and secure a peace between our two worlds.

It hurts to let her go. I hug her tight and kiss her cheek. "Angel, send word to us as soon as you can."

"I will, Dad, I love you." She whispers in my ear, "Take care of Dad Fox and Dad Alex."

Then she is gone along with the portal. Fox turns and runs out of the room. I catch up to him at the elevator. He's stabbing at the button to our floor.

"Fox."

"I'm fine, Walter."

"I'm not fine, how could you be?"

He closes his eyes then falls into my arms trembling. I hold him while he buries his face against the crook of my neck.

After a couple of minutes he speaks, "I'm afraid that I'm never going to see her again."

"Fox, it's too early to give up hope. Angel is smart and Xoclaud seemed confident that she'll gain the throne with minimal bloodshed."

"I should have gone with her...."

"And leave our other children behind?"

"I know, Walter, it's one of the reasons I'm still here."

"What's the other one?"

"You and Alex." He steps onto the elevator, by this time Alex and our kids have caught up. Our youngest children were in our home with Langly and Byers watching them.

Alex places his arm around Fox as our children pile onto the elevator.

"Daddy, don't be sad," Gawain says.

Fox smiles at him and reaches out to hold Gawain's hand. "I'll be fine as soon as I hear if your sister is all right."


Thursday, October 10, 2019

Krycek's POV

"Auugh!" Oh God, that one hurt. I fall back exhausted into Walter's arms while Fox wipes the sweat and tears from my face with a cool washcloth.

"Almost, Alex, just one more push and she'll be here," Walter whispers encouragingly.

I'd forgotten how painful giving birth was... it's been over eight long years since I had the triplets. The sheets under me are wet and sticky with sweat. Walter's bare chest is hot against my back. To top it off I have a shooting pain in the middle of my lower spine.

Fox is looking down at me with sympathy as he continues to wipe the salty sweat off my brow. He knows better than anyone the pain I'm feeling.

"Hang in there, Alex, in a little bit the pain will be all over," he says.

"She's being stubborn," I say after going through fifteen hours of painful labor.

Then my belly contracts and my navel expands, I push with my remaining strength as I squeeze Walter's hand. Doctor Pendrell is there to catch my baby as she slips from my body. A sob of relief escapes my lips. I go into a temporary stupor as voices and actions of the people around me seem disjointed. I can barely remember delivering the afterbirth. I finally surface to Fox's tender touch as he cleans me.

I realize that I'm comfortable and dry. There's a clean sheet under me and the pillow has been replaced.

I glance up at Walter's who's holding our baby in his arms. He smiles down at me. "Would you like to try to feed her?"

"Yeah."

Walter places her on my chest and helps me position her. She's so tiny. She doesn't seem interested in nursing at first and it takes several long minutes before her tiny mouth finally latches on to my nipple. It is painful but a pain that is comforting in its nature. I smile with the knowledge that this small life came from me.

"Do you feel up to having visitors?" Fox asks.

I nod, while not taking my eyes off my newborn's face.

Our kids quietly file into the room and surround the bed.

"She's beautiful, Dad," Nadia says, and the other children agree.

I look at Max standing awkwardly at the foot of the bed. His white wings folded out of the way against his body. Since Angelique left two months ago, everyone in our family has been on pins and needles waiting to hear from her. At first I thought we'd hear back from her in just a few days. Now the longer we go without hearing anything the less likely it looks that she and Xoclaud were successful.

Fox spends a lot of his free time jogging on the tracks in the gym or in the kitchen cooking for our family. He's seems to need to be constantly busy, so he doesn't have time to dwell on Angel. He hasn't started back at the FBI yet; it's too difficult with three toddlers to take care of even with help from our recently rescreened nannies.

Our former chef, Jacques, has been convicted of treason against our planet and sentenced to death by a jury. Walter has since commuted his sentence to life in prison. Jacques' reason for betraying us was the simple human emotion of jealousy. He was envious of our family, because he could never be a part of it, so instead he wanted to destroy it. We'll have to be so much more careful in the future.

I shift Amanda to my other nipple.

Fox leans down and kisses my brow. "I'm going to feed the troops. Walter will get you and Amanda settled back in our room," Fox says.

He seems so tired. Why shouldn't he be? He's been at my side since my labor started and before that he was up with Rose. He's not going to be able to continue on this way, something is going to give.


Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Mulder's POV

Today should be filled with happiness. Instead it is a reminder of Sergei's death, and my beautiful Angelique most likely sharing his fate. Kaylie and Hunter have asked that we don't have a party to celebrate their eighteenth birthdays. I conceded to their wishes to a point. We have baked a cake for them and invited a few close friends over for dinner. Including Kaylie's fiancae, Bryant, a nice enough young man who Kaylie had met at school. He's human and studying to be a doctor. She had quite a few suitors, mostly sorcerers and clairvoyants, but she selected her only human suitor.

I've dressed our eighteen month old triplets in velvet dresses with ruffled tights. They are being watched by our nine year old triplets. Mani is playing with Frohike's and Hans' sons while his parents sit in front of the fireplace talking to Scully and Jonathan.

Duncan is also here. He and Hunter are talking quietly in the corner. I watch as Hunter places a hand on Duncan's arm. Then he reaches into his pocket and hands Duncan a small box. I wonder what my son is up to as I watch Duncan open the box and a smile brightens his handsome face.

Hunter takes the ring out of the box and places it on Duncan's finger then leans in and kisses him.

I can't believe my eyes. Did my son just propose to Duncan?

Hunter glances over at me and grins. He grabs Duncan's hand and pulls him to where I'm standing with his Dads and Duncan's Dads. No one but me has witnessed what has just transpired between our sons. Everyone is too busy talking.

I smile at Hunter and look at the silver ring on Duncan's finger. "Guys, I think our sons have an announcement to make," I say.

Everyone stops chatting and turn to look at me first then Hunter and Duncan.

Hunter clears his throat and grins, then glances at Duncan and back at us. "I asked Duncan to marry me and he said yes."

"You asked Duncan?" Rory raised a doubtful eyebrow.

Duncan waves the ring under his skeptical father's nose.

A grin spreads across Rory's lips. He whoops and hugs his son, lifting him off his feet, which is a feat since Duncan is four inches taller than Rory.

Shinji smiles. "Well it's about time." He hugs Hunter then Duncan.

Kazuo shakes his head in disbelief. "I thought the two of you had broken up." He hugs both of them. "Congratulations."

I watch the expression on Alex's face and can read his mind as he holds Duncan's hand for a better look at the ring. Even though it is a simple silver band, it was still expensive for a teenager's budget. At Hunter's current monthly allowance it would have required him to save for months in order to afford to buy the ring. Alex smiles realizing that his son had been planning this, and it isn't a spur of the moment decision. I reach out and squeeze Alex's hand.

Walter has opened a bottle of champagne and is filling several flutes. He hands one to me.

As we are toasting our sons' engagement, a loud sound fills the room and a portal appears. Angelique steps through dressed in an elegant silver satin gown with a jeweled encrusted crown on her head. Xoclaud and two other Seraphim follow her into the room.

My heart leaps to my throat. I run over and hug her. "Angel, you're alive!"

"Dad, I've missed you," she says, returning the hug before Alex then Walter pulls her into their arms.

After they were through greeting her, Angelique's sisters, brothers and friends all greet her and introductions are made to the Seraphim. I finally have my daughter back in my arms. I lead her over to the sofa.

I touch the crown on her head. "I take it you're now Queen Angelique."

"Yes. They wanted me to change my name to Queen Xoan, but I refused." Angel smiles as Walter and Alex both sit on the sofa next to her.

"Do you want to tell us what has happened during the five months you've been gone?" Walter asks.

"The first three months we spent fighting King Xowolfe's supporters. The last two months were spent hunting the King. We finally captured him and brought him to justice two weeks ago. I exiled him to a desert planet in the same galaxy as Empyrean. Xowolfe will have to learn to live off the land without any servants or luxury. It should teach him humility."

"Good. He needed to be punished for what he has done. I probably wouldn't have been so easy on him though," Alex says.

"Angel, why did you wait so long to contact us?" Fox asks.

"I'm sorry, Dad, I should have contacted you weeks ago, but I didn't want to until I had dealt with Xowolfe and had something to offer the people of Earth," Angel says."

"What do you have to offer?" I ask.

Angel nods to one of the Seraphim who carries over a leather bond tablet and hands it to her.

"A peace treaty. My people would like to make financial restitution to Earth in the form of advanced technology for the damage they caused the planet and its inhabitants. I know there will never be a way for them to pay for the billions of females murdered, but I hope this will lead to forgiveness and peace between our two planets." She passes the tablet to Walter. "I talked to all of the immortals now living on Empyrean. Most want to see their children and lovers here on Earth, but they also want to maintain their ties with their lovers and children on Empyrean. I would like to set up portals that will allow them to freely travel between their homes on both planets."

Walter nods as he studies the document. "I will call a council meeting with members of Earth's governments to discuss your proposal, Angel, or should I say, Queen Angelique."

The Seraph who was introduced to us as Chamberlain Xocox says, "In public it is proper to address her Majesty by her title."

"My fathers do not have to use my title even in public," Angel interjects. Then she glances at Hunter and smirks. "But you, Hunter, shall refer to me as Your Majesty or Queen Angelique."

"How about, Queen Tweety?" Hunter asks.

I chuckle as they start to bicker. Max has crept forward until he's standing next to Hunter and Duncan.

Angelique smiles and stands. "Max, I've missed you."

He bows. "Queen Angelique, I've missed you, too."

"I'd prefer it if you continue to call me Angel."

He smiles with relief. "Angel, I love you... andI look forward to returning to Empyrean with you and my father."

A smile lights up Angel's face. "I love you too, Max."

I feel a tickle at the back of my neck and turn to glance over at the window. Through the glass, I see Sergei, along with mine, Walter's, and Alex's parents floating outside watching us. I smile at them. They smile back and wave then vanish. For once in a long time, I know that I'm going to sleep soundly tonight.

The End


January 1, 2018

The Kids Parents Date of Birth Age
River M/Sk's adopted son Oct 15, 1995 24
Hope M/Sk's daughter May 1, 2000 19
Faith M/K's daughter Jun 3, 2000 19
Angelique M's seraph daughter Dec 11, 2001 18
Kaylie M/Sk's daughter Dec 11, 2001 18
Sergei M/Sk's son Dec 11, 2001 18
Sasha/Hunter M/K's son Dec 11, 2001 18
Summer K/M's daughter Oct 1, 2002 17
Nicky K/Slava's son Oct 1, 2002 17
Aleksandra M/Sk's daughter Dec 25, 2002 16
Nadia K/Sk's daughter Oct 13, 2006 13
Kira K/Sk's daughter Oct 13, 2006 13
Gawain M/K's son Mar 15, 2007 12
Morgan K/M's daughter Nov 21, 2010 9
Alina K/M's daughter Nov 21, 2010 9
Regan K/M's daughter Nov 21, 2010 9
Arman M/Sk's son Aug 6, 2014 5
Rose M/Sk's daughter Jun 17, 2018 1
Teena M/Sk's daughter Jun 17, 2018 1
Skye M/Sk's daughter Jun 17, 2018 1
Amanda K/Sk's daughter Oct 10, 2019 0

Mulder and Slava's daughters:
Ekaterina (Katja) March 3, 2001
Anatasja March 3, 2001
Raisa March 3, 2001
Marina March 3, 2001
Natalja March 3, 2001
Svetlana March 3, 2001
Elizaveta March 3, 2001

Read More Like This Write One Like This
Slash & Families
Post-Col Childhoods
Pregnant Others
Non-Canon Kids
Twins or more!
Had Kids With Others
"He's My Mommy" Challenge
These Lines Challenge
One Each Way Challenge
2012 & 2012 Revisited Challenges
William's 13th Birthday Challenge
Return to The Nursery Files home