cover image

Title: Life from the Ashes: Book 3 - SBS
Author: Jo B.
Series: Life From the Ashes
Written: April 2000
E-mail address: PurpleFox7@aol.com Feedback is always welcome. Any constructive suggestions are appreciated.
Rating: NC-17
Disclaimer: The X-Files characters Fox Mulder, Dana Scully, Alex Krycek, Walter Skinner, Jeffrey Spender, CSM, the Lone Gunmen, Kimberly Cook, Senator Matheson, Bill Scully, the morph etc. are the property Chris Carter, 1013 productions and Fox Broadcasting. All other characters in the series are mine.
Keywords: M/Sk/K SLASH
Rating: NC-17
Disclaimer: The X-Files characters Fox Mulder, Dana Scully, Alex Krycek, Walter Skinner, Jeffrey Spender, CSM, the Lone Gunmen, Kimberly Cook, Senator Matheson, Bill Scully, the morph etc. are the property Chris Carter, 1013 productions and Fox Broadcasting. All other characters in the series are mine.
Okay to Archive: please ask first.

Summary: Tragedy strikes the family, can Mulder save his lovers in time?

Author's Notes: This is the third book in my AU series "Life from the Ashes - SBS." You might want to read the prequel and the first two books of the series to understand this one.

p>I would like to thank my beta-readers Laurie, Cerulean Blue, Kiyoko, Nicole, Michael, and Susan for all their hard work and patience in editing this story and plot suggestions.

WARNING! This story contains explicit Sex/Romance between two or more men. Turn back now, if the subject matter offends you.


Chapter 1 - Miami

Foxfire Glenn Estate
Thursday, January 6
9:30 p.m.

The flames dancing in the fireplace illuminated the two men coupling in front of it, casting their long entwined shadows onto the walls and ceiling. Bathed in golden firelight Walter Skinner's body glistened with sweat, he grunted loudly each time that his lover slammed into him. Having Mulder's cock buried deeply inside him made him feel blissfully full. It was exquisite. He couldn't believe that he had denied himself this pleasure for so long. His legs slid off Mulder's shoulders, and wrapped around the younger man's waist, pulling him in deeper with each thrust.

"That's it, Walter, come for me," Mulder murmured, his hand flying smoothly over Skinner's swollen organ, squeezing and caressing it.

Skinner arched his back, slamming up harder on the stiff rod impaling him, crying out as his seed shot out of him. "Damn! Oh god, oh god," he gasped breathlessly.

Mulder continued thrusting against the constricting sphincter muscle as Skinner's damp heat spread between their bodies. One final thrust and he was joining his lover in ecstasy, collapsing on the larger man's chest, still buried deeply within him. Mulder rested his head against Skinner's chest, smiling softly as his lover's hand rubbed soothing circles on his back. With a sigh, he slipped out and crawled up the larger man's body. Capturing Skinner's face between his hands, he stared lovingly down into his warm brown eyes, which were filled with love for him alone.

"Sometimes I miss having you all to myself, Walter," he purred, kissing pliant, enthusiastic lips, caressing Skinner's scalp, thumbs stroking around each ear.

Skinner sucked Mulder's tongue into his mouth; he couldn't get enough of how Mulder tasted or of having his warm, pleasant smelling body wrapped tightly around his own. He squeezed his younger lover tighter against his chest, nuzzling against his neck, licking and tasting the salty sweat. "Are you proposing going back to two bedrooms?" Skinner asked, his hands caressing down Mulder's long back then cupping and caressing his ass.

"Never," Mulder chuckled, stealing a quick kiss. "I like being sandwiched between both of your bodies, but it does make the few times that we're all by ourselves even more pleasurable."

Skinner gazed up into his beautiful hazel eyes, seeing the emotional pain that his lover was trying to conceal from him. "Fox, how are you feeling?"

"Anxious and scared," he replied honestly, rolling off the larger man and snuggling against his chest, he relished the warmth coming from the fireplace on his back.

"Don't worry, Fox, I won't touch you until you're ready. I have the sedatives, just tell me when you need them," Skinner murmured, kissing the top of the silky head that was tucked under his chin.

"I know you wouldn't, Walter, it's my own self-control that worries me," he sighed. "Justin and the others seem to be taking their pregnancies in stride, except that incident over the beer...I was sure Justin was going to deck you," Mulder snickered.

"I'm just trying to look out for his unborn child, he should have known better than to try to sneak a beer in his condition," the older man grumbled.

"Walter Skinner, defender of innocent life everywhere," Mulder quipped, feeling Skinner stiffen against him. "Sorry, Walter, I didn't mean to make light of the situation. You're welcome to your concerns, but Justin is a grown man and it's not your place to force him to comply with your rules or morals."

"Fox, what about the rights of his unborn child? I really hate seeing such thoughtless disregard for life. The sheer stupidity of the man surprised me! I thought he had more sense than that," Skinner complained.

"Walter, this isn't easy for Justin. Try putting yourself in his shoes for a change. He was a Texas Ranger for Gods sake! To go from that to being cloistered here, then evolving finally into a hermaphrodite, and to top it all off by becoming pregnant. That is just one too many changes for any one man to have to deal with!"

"That's no excuse for drinking during pregnancy," Skinner growled.

"Walter, you know I love you, but sometimes you can be so pigheaded," Mulder muttered against his chest, playfully nipping the large man's nipple.

"Takes one to know one," the larger man chuckled, swatting Mulder on the ass then massaging the cheek.

"Fox, do you think it would be okay if I made love to you through your navel? You still have a day before your cycle begins," he asked softly as his cock swelled at the thought.

"No way, Walter, I don't want to chance going nine months without a beer, that would be too hard," Mulder smiled.

"Brat," Skinner grumbled, hugging him closer.

"Love you," Mulder mumbled tiredly, closing his eyes he snuggled deeper into Skinner's arms.

"Love you, too, babe," Skinner whispered, listening to his lover's breathing even out as he fell asleep.


Miami
Saturday, January 8 10:30 a.m.

"Walter, how's Fox doing?" Krycek asked, pacing around the waiting room in a Miami hospital.

"Fox has opted to be sedated again. Alex, how's the case going?" Skinner asked.

"We're making slow progress. I just wish Fox were here, I really could use his intuitive leaps right about now," he murmured.

"Alex, when Fox is through with this cycle he'll be heading down to join the investigation. He felt really bad that he couldn't go with you when you left, but he has been keeping up with all of the reports and evidence you've gathered down there. How's everything else going?"

"Walter, I've stumbled upon something interesting while I've been down here, which I'm checking out as we speak. It seems that a large number of sorcerers living in the area have started falling into comas over the last four days. The doctors have no idea why," Krycek informed him.

"What's your feeling, Alex? Do you think a rival sorcerer could be responsible?" Skinner inquired, his curiosity piqued.

"I don't think so; all the men's backgrounds are completely different. Besides, it would take someone with tremendous power to strike down this many sorcerers and keep them in a coma." Krycek glanced over at the emergency room doors as a gurney was wheeled out with a still figure on it. "Gotta go, Walter, kiss the girls and Fox for me," he said, disconnecting and pocketing the cell-phone. He chased after the doctor who was accompanying the gurney down the hallway.

"Doctor Peterson, how is he?" Krycek asked, catching up, he looked down at the handsome man lying unconscious on the gurney.

Doctor Peterson's brother was the city's coroner and he was the one who had steered Krycek toward this mysterious case.

"Agent Krycek, he's comatose, exactly like the other twenty-five men brought in here. His companion stated that he was fine one minute then he just seemed to fall asleep, when he couldn't wake him he called for an ambulance," the doctor replied. "I sent a complete medical workup on each of the stricken men to the CDC, I think we may have a new epidemic on our hands."

"Doctor, do you think it might spread beyond this area?" Krycek asked, nervously.

"Agent Krycek, we first have to determine just what we're dealing with here," the doctor replied. "I'm hoping to get the results back from the CDC immediately. Is Agent Mulder going to be coming down to Miami?" the doctor asked.

"Why do you want to know?" Krycek asked hesitantly.

"I was wondering if he could attempt to heal one of the men," Peterson replied. The large room he led Krycek into had ten beds, each bed had a man sleeping in it, next to each bed were monitors recording their vitals. The men were all very good looking and totally still, the only movement was the rise and fall of their chests. They appeared to be sleeping.

"You'll have to ask him when he gets here, but it won't be for at least three days," Krycek replied gruffly. He hated it every time Mulder was asked to perform a healing; it always left his lover bedridden afterward, anywhere from hours to days depending on the severity of the patient.

The immortals' ability to heal had become public knowledge a month earlier much to the displeasure of the residents of Foxfire Glenn Estate. They received daily pleas from people desperate for cures to theirs or their family's illnesses. As much as Mulder and the others wanted to help they couldn't physically handle the sheer volume of the requests, and they finally agreed to each heal one person a month. To remove any guilt from the selection process the government had set up a lottery and only the most terminally ill patients were placed in it.

"Doctor, did you find any type of injury on them? Maybe a bite mark or needle mark?" Krycek inquired.

"No, nothing. We did a thorough search of their bodies and a complete toxicology on each victim. Since each man is a mutant it's hard for me to make a proper diagnosis, I'm depending on the CDC's experts to do that."

"Doctor, can you keep me updated?" Krycek asked, handing the doctor his business card.

"Sure, Agent Krycek," Peterson replied, pocketing the card and watching the agent as he left the room.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Wednesday, January 12 11:50 a.m.

Rory MacIver carried a tray down through the dimly lit hallway on the lowest level of the mansion. The floor and walls were stone; it reminded the Scotsman of an ancient castle. The hallway was just past the wine cellar, the rooms that were off it were primarily used for storage, but Mulder and Shinji had turned one of the rooms into a laboratory.

"Shin, I brought you your lunch," MacIver replied. As he entered the lab, he carried the tray over to Takeda's small desk that was up against the far wall, well away from the lab table with its beakers, test tubes, Bunsen burners, and chemicals.

"Thanks," Takeda mumbled quietly, not looking up from what he was doing. He was wearing goggles and gloves, bending over the lab table as he adjusted the valve on a tube that was tripping into a beaker.

"How's it going, Shin?" the Scotsman asked, as he transferred the items from the tray onto the desk.

"Fine," he murmured still not looking up.

"Food's going to get cold."

"Mm."

"Shin, come and eat," MacIver commanded forcefully.

"Rory." Takeda looked up startled. "Sorry," he murmured, setting aside what he was working on he peeled off his gloves and removed his goggles.

"I'm going to have a drug ready to test on Duffy by this afternoon, we can drive to his home tomorrow and test it," Takeda said. Stepping over to his desk he kissed his lover on the cheek then sat at the desk and hungrily dug into the soup and sandwich his lover had made him.

"You are not going anywhere, my love," MacIver informed him. "I'll take Jeff with me, he's an attractive man, if your drug works Duffy shouldn't be sexually aroused by him."

"I'm the scientist, I need to be there to monitor the results of the test," Takeda huffed.

"Shin, not when you're pregnant with our son, I'll allow you to go as long as he stays safely here," the Scottish sorcerer offered.

Takeda glared up at him. "God, Rory, you're as bad as Walter!" the Japanese immortal grumbled.

"I'm not that bad! Haven't I allowed you to have an occasional ale?" he replied, kneeling down next to the desk he placed a hand over his lover's belly.

"Poor Mulder, I can only imagine what a hard time he'll have if he ever does decide to have Walter's child," Takeda sighed, resting a hand over MacIver's on his belly.

"Shin, when do you suppose you're going to start showing?" the Scotsman asked, gently massaging the younger man's stomach.

"It's only been five weeks, Rory, give it time," he admonished. "What time are we leaving tomorrow?"

"I'm leaving with Jeff at nine o'clock, and I expect you to sleep in. Shin, you've been working too many long hours over the past week, it's not healthy," MacIver complained.

"Okay, old man, let's compromise. If I stay here, then I want you to take Kyle Pendrell with you. He'll be able to monitor how Duffy reacts to the drug, and if anything goes wrong he can render emergency medical aid."

"Okay, deal. Can you call him, and have him out to the estate by 8:30 tomorrow morning?"

"Sure, I'll call him now," Takeda said, looking wistfully at his empty plate, he glanced over at his lover. "Rory, do you suppose you could fix me another sandwich?"

"You're still hungry?"

"Yeah, but this time can you make me a peanut butter, potato chip, and banana sandwich?"

"Mm...that sounds interesting, I think I'll fix myself one, too," MacIver said, standing and heading for the door.

Takeda smiled softly at his retreating back and reached for the telephone on the desk to call Doctor Pendrell.


Miami Airport
Wednesday, January 12 6:30 p.m.

Krycek smiled broadly as Mulder stepped through the gate surrounded by Agents Johnson, Austin, and Jones. The sorcerers and clairvoyant had become Mulder's personal security detail anytime he went out into the field.

"Fox, how are you feeling?" Krycek asked, warmly hugging his partner and lover, they exchanged a lingering kiss that promised more for later.

"I'm fine, Alex," he replied as they headed down to the baggage claim area. "I've compiled a profile, which narrows your list of possible suspects down by eighty-five percent. The man is definitely a clairvoyant; he's between the ages thirty-five and forty-five with peppered brown hair, and he owns an auto body repair shop. He's been playing off people's hatred and fear of n'thrals by trying to shift the blame solely on them. While an n'thral is physically strong enough to rip a man's head off, there would tend to be some variation to the wound. All ten victims had identical wounds right down to their collarbones being broken, which was a clear indication that something mechanical had been used to remove their heads. Also the heads were pulled straight off, not twisted, most n'thrals aren't strong enough to accomplish that." Mulder brushed off his lover's attempts to take his suitcases as they made their way out of the airport.

"Fox, what about the semen and the damage done to their rectums and bowels. The semen was from three n'thrals not a clairvoyant. In addition, how do you determine the man is a clairvoyant and not a human? You're right about the perp's connection to an auto body shop, but I fail to see how you came by the assumption that he was the owner. The analysis we've done showed traces of metal shavings, paint chips, and motor-oil found on each victim, the paint chips were from a Ford, Toyota, and Chrysler we haven't pinpointed the exact model or year of each vehicle, yet."

"Alex, it's my gut instinct that tells me the man is a clairvoyant. N'thrals are involved, but they aren't directly responsible for the victims' deaths, although three of the victims would have died eventually from the damage done to their bowels if they hadn't been decapitated first. I think the perp gets off sexually by watching as n'thrals rape his victims. After the victim is damaged, the thrill is gone, so the perp kills his victim making it look like it was done by an n'thral did it. All of the victims are held, molested, and killed at the perp's auto body shop, he'd have to be the owner to do that. We need to check all of the auto body shops in the area and look for ones that only employee n'thrals," Mulder replied, climbing into the backseat of the rental between Krycek and Johnson.

"So, you think the owner is abducting these men for his employees to rape?" Krycek asked.

"Yeah, it gives a whole new meaning to an employee benefits package," Mulder quipped. He leaned over Krycek so he could see out the car window as they rode toward their hotel. The sandy beaches looked so inviting, it'd been years since he had gone swimming in the ocean or sunbathed on a public beach. "It's pretty here, it sure beats D.C. in January," he sighed wistfully.

"Did you bring your swimsuit?" Krycek asked, noticing his lover's wistful look.

"No, it wouldn't be smart," Mulder replied, sitting back against the car seat.

"You've been around Walter too long, Fox, he's starting to rub off on you. C'mon, let's live dangerously. I'll swing by a clothing store tomorrow and pick you up a Speedo. As soon as we wrap this case up, we'll spend a day on the beach. I'm sure the guys wouldn't mind. Would you, guys?" Krycek asked the other agents.

Dakota Jones turned around in the front seat looking back at Lars Johnson. "I don't know...what do you think, Lars, Jared, a day of sun and fun on the beach or flying straight back to D.C.?" he asked.

"Tough choice, we'd have to spend the day looking at Mulder in a Speedo. Oh, the sacrifices we have to make for the job," Austin quipped.

"Hey, if you want to live really dangerously, we could skip the swimsuits and go to a nude beach," Johnson offered.

Mulder level him with a cold stare. "I don't think so. Alex, I don't want a Speedo, instead pick me up a pair of swim trunks. On second thought, I'll go with you and pick out my own swimsuit," he replied as they pulled into the hotel's parking lot.

Krycek gave him a sly look as he climbed out of the car. "Fox, whatever you want is fine with me. C'mon, let's get your bags up to the room, I have a surprise for you."

"What?" Mulder asked, following Krycek into the lobby they stopped at the front desk so the other agents could pick up their passkeys.

"You'll see. Guys, Fox and I are going to be eating in our room tonight, we'll meet you down here for breakfast at 7:30 tomorrow morning before we head out to the field office." Krycek took the carry-on and laptop, grabbed Mulder's hand and pulled him toward the elevator.

A man was just leaving their hotel room as Mulder and Krycek reached it.

"Is everything all set?" Krycek asked, handing the man a ten-dollar tip.

"Everything is just as you requested," the man replied, staring appreciatively at Mulder.

Mulder stepped by him and entered the room. There was a table covered in white linen with a short bouquet of flowers and two lit candlesticks in the center. Two silver lids covered the plates at each place setting, and a breadbasket was off to the side. Soft music was playing on the radio. He glanced around the rest of the suite, looking into the bedroom a grin lit up his face upon seeing the heart-shaped bed. "Alex, the honeymoon suite? I thought we settled on Las Vegas."

Krycek walked over to the table and took the opened bottle of wine out of the ice bucket. "Consider this a practice honeymoon," he replied, filling the two wineglasses on the table.

Mulder came over and lifted the lid off the plate. "Mm, seafood stew," he murmured, breathing in deeply he could easily make out the aromas of garlic and white wine that were part of the broth.

"I thought something light tonight would be best, we can have a large breakfast tomorrow," Krycek replied, handing Mulder a glass of wine.

"Because you want us to be wide awake to make love all night," Mulder said, smiling saucily at him.

"Am I that transparent?"

"Yes."

"Fox, it's been almost five days, and you know how much I miss you when we're apart," Krycek answered, leaning across the table he kissed Mulder. "Let's eat; I'm dying to move on to dessert."

"Alex, I missed you, too." Mulder sat and picked up his spoon, digging a mussel out of its shell, he savored its flavor. He then reached for a chunk of crusty bread to sop up the broth.

"What?" Krycek asked, noticing a smile spreading across Mulder's face.

"I was just thinking. Walter is becoming less controlling, last night he was so romantic he even asked me to top him twice. I think our sessions with Doctor Vettelman have really helped."

"Yeah, we're both beginning to realize how we've been treating you, and we're sorry. Mostly we did it out of fear for your safety, but I'll admit that some of it was due to us being physically stronger to you."

"Alex, at least you and I have always been equals in bed, Walter had always wanted to be in control," Mulder sighed.

Krycek chuckled. "Fox, you've always been in control during sex even when Walter was topping you, he was always at your mercy. You *permitted* him in your bed, and you *allowed* him to receive pleasure from your body. We're both helpless where you're concerned, with just one word *no* you can crush both of our hearts."

"Alex, you could do the same to me," Mulder countered.

"No, I sure as hell couldn't! It's impossible for me to ever turn you down during sex and you know it, Fox," Krycek grumbled.

Mulder glanced up at him through thick lashes with minx of a smile on his full lips. "So you're saying I'm in control?"

"Always, Fox," Krycek sighed.

Mulder put his napkin down, stood, and walked around to Krycek's side of the table, he leaned down and passionately kissed his lover. "No, we both are. Alex, I love you with all of my heart and I could never tell you *no*, ever." A reflective look crossed Mulder's features. "That is, of course, unless it involves me ending up pregnant."

"You've already promised Walter that he'd get to be first if you ever changed your mind," Krycek replied bitterly, holding Mulder's hand.

"I'm sorry, Alex, we should have discussed it first, but it was Christmas. Walter wanted a son so badly, I just wanted to make him happy," Mulder murmured, squeezing the younger man's hand.

Krycek pulled his hand free and wrapped both arms around Mulder's waist, resting his head on his lover's stomach. "Fox, sometimes I think that you love him more. It's not that I'm jealous of Walter...I love him too, but I would like to be first in your thoughts for once."

Alex's response shocked Mulder. "Alex, you know I love you, how can you say that? I admit that after you took me away, told me he was dead, and I found out he wasn't I wanted to return to him. Nevertheless, I wouldn't be with you now if I didn't love you so incredibly. Your brother is needier than you, he needs constant reminders of my love, but that doesn't mean that I don't love you equally!"

"I know that, Fox. It's just that sometimes I feel a little insecure, too."

"I'm sorry, Alex, I didn't realize that. I promise in the future that I'll stop and think first," Mulder soothed, raking his fingers through Krycek's thick hair.

Krycek leaned back and smiled up at him. "Thanks...c'mon, let's finish eating, I have another surprise for you in the bathroom."

"More surprises, you're spoiling me," Mulder purred, kissing him hotly before returning to his seat.

"How's Faith doing?" Krycek asked.

"She's getting into everything...I allowed her to crawl around the kitchen and the second I wasn't watching she's racing for the back staircase. We're going to our hands full when she starts walking. Well, at least Hope is easy to take care of."

"Faith's not that difficult she's just curious and inquisitive."

"Like I said, we're going to have our hands full! I bet when she's older that she'll figure out how much faster sliding down the banister is to get downstairs," Mulder replied.

"Nah, she'll figure out that it's even faster to tie a rope from the balcony and rappel down," Krycek chuckled. "Fox, stop worrying everything is going to be fine."

"I can't help myself. What if she gets seriously hurt or killed because I wasn't watching her closely enough?" Mulder sighed, taking a sip of wine.

Krycek figured out what the real issue was. "Fox, you have to let go of the past, Samantha wasn't your fault, she was your father and mother's responsibility. Nothing you could have done would have prevented her from being abducted. You need to focus on the future. Faith isn't Samantha and you're not your father. Our family is going to be fine, we won't allow anything to happen to our children," he soothed.

Mulder gave him a weak smile. "Am I really that transparent?"

"Yeah, but it's one of the things I love about you. C'mon, I want to ravish you in the bathroom." Krycek stood offering Mulder his hand, and the two men walked arm-in-arm into the large bathroom.

Mulder started chuckling. "God, they even have a heart-shaped Jacuzzi bathtub."

The bathtub was already filled with fragrant hot water; lit candles were around it, and a bowl of strawberries soaking in champagne sat on the ledge.

"I'll admit it's tacky, but it's big enough for two, that's all that matters," Krycek replied, undoing Mulder's tie he let it drop to the floor.

Mulder started removing Krycek's clothing, kissing and licking the younger man's skin as he exposed it. He spent a couple minutes on each of his lover's nipples until they were hard little nubs and Krycek was squirming. They each quickly shed the rest of their clothing, pressing their bodies together in a long passionate kiss that left both men breathless.

Mulder ended the kiss first. "We'd better get in the tub before the water is too cold," he murmured.

"Don't worry, Fox, I'm using my powers to keep the water hot and the strawberries cold," he grinned.

"Have I ever mentioned how much I love being married to a sorcerer?" Mulder said, dragging his lover over to the bathtub. They stepped in and sank slowly into the almost too hot water. Mulder leaned up against the side and pulled Krycek into his lap.

"Nope, never. Why don't you show me," Krycek purred, turning so he was sitting sideways on Mulder's lap.

"I'd love to," Mulder replied, pulling the younger man's head down for another kiss. His tongue explored every nook and cranny, he moaned as Krycek sucked him in deeper. He pulled free and gazed longingly into his lover's green eyes.

"I really do miss you a lot when we're apart," he purred, kissing the top of Krycek's nose. He moved lower and sucked the sensitive skin at the nape of Krycek's neck. His hand found and stroked the younger man's cock until it was fully erect. "Turn around, I want you in me," he moaned.

Krycek quickly positioned himself until he was straddling Mulder's lap with his cock positioned against his lover's navel. "Are you sure, Fox? Your cycle only ended a day ago," he asked, looking into Mulder's aroused face for any doubt or hesitation.

"I'm sure. Let's live dangerously for a change," he said, repeating Krycek's earlier statement.

"Good." Krycek pushed in quickly with one powerful stroke; he had learned that if he wanted to get his entire length in, he couldn't go slowly. Mulder's internal muscles clenched too tightly around any object penetrating him, and getting any deeper was almost impossible once they started to constrict. He had made that mistake the second time he had sex with him and much to their disappointment he was only able to get half his cock in.

Krycek wrapped his arms around Mulder's body and held him close as his lover's internal muscles squeezed and jerked his cock in the most exquisite way.

Mulder again found himself back in the land of crystals and flowers.

"Xofox, my love, you have come back to me again," King Xowolfe said. He floated down to him, his large wings spread behind him as he landed. The King wanted to make love to this beautiful human, but he discovered the third time he had met the young man that Fox wasn't physically there, his hand passed through him when he attempted to hug him. Fox was solid enough that he could touch him as long as he didn't apply too much pressure.

"Why do you call me that?" Mulder asked, bewildered. He was beginning to think that this wasn't just a mere hallucination brought on by having sex through his new orifice. However, he wasn't really sure what it was or who this beautiful winged being was, so he hadn't told his lovers about it.

"It is your name when you become my life mate, which you are destined to be," Xowolfe replied lovingly.

Before Mulder could ask him what he meant, he was crashing back into his body as an earth shattering orgasm claimed him. He arched up crying out his nails digging into Krycek's back as his come shot beneath his lover's ass. He felt the warm heat of his lover's orgasm spurting into his body, causing a physical reaction of total peace and euphoria to spread through him. As final shudders passed through Krycek's muscular body and he slipped out collapsing into his lover's embrace, Mulder's hands smoothed over Krycek's back healing the wounds caused by his nails.

"God, Fox, I'll never get enough of you," he purred, cuddling closer he turned his head and kissed the smooth, wet shoulder he was resting on. He smiled as Mulder's hand combed through his hair and he felt the softness of his lips kissing the top of his head. He had never felt so happy or loved, only Mulder could bring those feelings out in him.

Mulder reached over and pulled a strawberry out of the bowl, licking off the champagne before popping it into his mouth. "Mm, here, you have to try one," he murmured, holding a berry to Krycek's lips as the younger man opened his mouth for it.

Krycek turned sideways and slipped off his lover's lap so only their legs overlapped. He munched happily on the berry while leaning up against Mulder. "This is the life," he sighed.

They stayed luxuriating in the hot swirling water until all of the chilled strawberries were gone.

"Let's go try out the bed, it has silk sheets on it," Krycek informed his lover. Standing, he helped Mulder to his feet.

"It's been awhile since we've slept on silk sheets. I think the last time was in St. Petersburg," Mulder smiled dreamily, reminiscing about the feel of silk on his skin as they dried each other's bodies. He paused as he knelt drying his lover's legs; his eyes were even with the angel tattoo beside Krycek's groin.

"Alex, you never told me why you and Walter got angel tattoos? I would have thought you'd get something more masculine," he asked softly, wondering if his lover's tattoos had anything to do with the strange hallucinations he was having during sex.

"Fox, you know it's weird, but when we were both looking at that tattoo book, nothing appealed to us until we turned to the page that had the angels on it. There was something about those images that felt so right," Krycek replied. "I know it's not much of a reason." He took Mulder's hand and led him into the bedroom.

"No, it a good enough reason for me. I've been having some pretty vivid hallucinations whenever we have sex through my navel. I think your tattoos might have something to do with them, since they have always involved winged beings," Mulder replied, pulling the covers down on the bed.

"Those must be pretty wild hallucinations, do you want to tell me about them?" Krycek asked, pulling the other man into his arms.

"There's not much to tell. They don't last long -- usually less than a minute. It's just that they've seemed so real," he murmured.

"Fox, are you sure they're only hallucinations?"

"Yeah, I'm sure, especially now that I've made the connection with yours and Walter's tattoos."

After they slipped under the covers they cuddled closer, each too exhausted to do more than hold one another. "Alex, tell me about this other case you're checking into?"

"You mean SBS?" Krycek asked.

"SBS? What does that stand for?"

"It stands for 'Sleeping Beauty Syndrome' because the primary symptom of the disease is that the victims fall into deep comas. The CDC hasn't found anything else physically wrong with them, and haven't been able to determine what is causing the comas," Krycek replied. His hand stroked Mulder's soft skin, feeling the delicate shape of ribs underneath.

"Walter said that it was only affecting the area's sorcerers, has the CDC determined why some sorcerers are not affected?" Mulder asked, he felt a gnawing sense of worry.

"Not yet. Fox, Doctor Peterson would like for you to try to heal one of the men," Krycek informed him. He was not particularly fond of his lover encountering another sorcerer, or the effect the healing would have on him.

"Good, I was going to suggest that I be allowed to try. I'll admit that I'm concerned for your safety, Alex. You may have been exposed to whatever is infecting these men."

"I've had my own concerns, but I think that I would already be in a coma if it were contagious. Fox, before you try to heal one of those men, I want us to wrap up our case first." Krycek yawned; snuggling closer, he closed his eyes.

"With the new profile it shouldn't take long for a team of clairvoyants to locate the perp. They should be easily able to scan the n'thrals thoughts. I think it would be better if I spent my time helping Doctor Peterson," Mulder replied, waiting for his lover to protest, instead he heard soft snores coming from him. Raising himself on his elbow he looked down at Krycek's peacefully sleeping face, his lover had a little grin on his lips. Mulder bent down and gently kissed his lips, wrapped his arms around his lover's warm body, and soon joined him in sleep.


Jason Duffy's Cave
Thursday, January 13
1:30 p.m.

Jeffrey Spender and Doctor Kyle Pendrell stood nervously behind Rory MacIver for protection as the Scotsman gave Jason Duffy the drug to take. The nine-foot tall n'thral swallowed the liquid in the vial, and the feelings of arousal he had when the two young men came into his home immediately started to subside.

"Rory, my friend, I think it's working!" he exclaimed.

Doctor Pendrell tentatively stepped forward. "Mr. Duffy, can you describe what you're feeling?" he asked, placing his doctor's bag on the large wooden table. He pulled out a syringe to collect a sample of the giant's blood.

"It's what I'm not feeling that you should be asking me about; I no longer feel the urge to fuck any of you. This is remarkable, Rory, tell your immortal that I really appreciate his help. Maybe soon I'll be able to meet him in person without being afraid of assaulting him," Duffy blurted out excitedly.

"I'm sure Shinji will welcome the opportunity to meet you, Duffy," MacIver stated.

Spender had spent the time scanning the n'thrals thoughts for any deception; he was relieved to find that the giant was telling the truth. "Rory, did Shinji say how long the drug was suppose to last?" he asked, still keeping his distance from the n'thral.

"No, he didn't. I think Shinji was more interested in whether it would work or not," the Scottish sorcerer replied, watching as Pendrell took a blood sample from Duffy, then recorded his blood pressure and heart rate.

"I want to take a blood sample every hour in addition to recording your blood pressure and heart rate, Mr. Duffy. If you start to feel aroused by our presence at any point, please tell us immediately." Pendrell put his notebook aside and looked around the cave with interest for the first time since they arrived.

"I will, Doctor, and thank you for coming out here with Rory. Do not be afraid, I have more self-control than most n'thrals," Duffy replied, staring down at the much smaller man.

"Mr. Duffy, Rory couldn't have kept me away. The new drug Shinji has developed will have a great benefit on our whole society," Pendrell stated, hopping up on the three-foot high bench to sit.

"Ah, Doctor, how long are you planning for us to be here?" Spender asked, stepping cautiously up to his side.

"I thought we'd stay until the drug wears off. Don't worry, Jeff, I checked the weather forecast before we left and there's no chance of us getting snowed in up here for at least another three days," Pendrell replied, straight-faced.

"Three days! You're not suggesting that we're going to stay up here for *three* days?" Spender stammered.

Pendrell hid his grin. "I could only hope that the drug would last that long, but we'll be lucky if it lasts a few hours," he sighed, turning to the n'thral who was listening sadly to their conversation. "Mr. Duffy, now that we know it works, we'll have to make arrangements to move you closer to the lab so we can work on making the dosage stronger."

"Do you think that would be wise, Doctor?" He didn't want to take the chance of sexually assaulting any of these nice people when the drug wore off.

"You said yourself that you have more self-control than most n'thrals, I'm sure with Rory's help we should be able to prevent you from injuring anyone."

MacIver walked over and placed a comforting hand on the giant's arm. "Don't worry, Duffy, my friend, I'll see to it that you don't hurt anyone. Just think of everything you have to gain. I'll talk to Walter; we might be able to put you in the room next door to Shinji's lab. It's more than large enough to handle your size, and with the drug we shouldn't have to worry about you becoming sexually aroused. Besides, down there the female babies' scent wouldn't bother you."

"Rory, you'd allow me to move onto the estate, and in such a close proximity to your lover?" Duffy sniveled, overcome by his friend's trust in him.

"Yes, but the ultimate decision rests with Walter, Mulder, and Alex," the Scotsman said softly. He didn't know how he'd be able to convince the three men that there would be no danger from having Duffy at the mansion, but he was going to give it his best shot.

"Thank you, Rory. I'm going to fix us something to eat while we wait for this drug to wear off." Duffy rose and lumbered off in the direction of his larder.

Spender held his tongue as he watched the immense n'thral leave. He couldn't see Skinner agreeing to have that creature under his roof. He climbed up on the tall bench next to Pendrell and settled in to wait.


Miami
Thursday, January 13
4:30 p.m.

Police cars surrounded the auto body shop. A swat team had been called in after the shop's owner and his sons had taken an FBI clairvoyant hostage.

"What's the situation?" Krycek asked after leaping out of his car and running over to Special Agent Hank Carlton, who had a large bruise on his cheek and a split lip.

"Those bastards have Colton, we didn't sense anything when we went into the shop then one of those large n'thrals grabbed him. It was wearing one of those anti-telepathy helmets on its head. I barely made it out of there to call for backup," Carlton replied, shuddering.

Tom Colton and Hank Carlton were both FBI clairvoyants assigned to the Sorcerer and Clairvoyant Division under the supervision of A.D. Skinner. The division consisted of twenty-five sorcerers and one hundred and sixty clairvoyants.

"Are you able to make telepathic contact with anyone in the shop?" Krycek asked after trying himself and failing.

"No, I can't even reach Tom. I should be able to sense his presence even if he were unconscious unless they've put one of those fucking helmets on him!" Carlton replied, frustrated.

"Damn! Then we won't be able to raid the place without putting Colton's life at risk," Krycek growled.

The commander of the swat team rushed over to fill them in on the current situation. "Agent Krycek, we're bringing in a helicopter equipped with a heat sensitive infrared scanner. We'll then be able to determine how many people are in the building, and where they're located."

"Very good, Douglas, keep me appraised. If you can get a fix on Colton's position I should be able to teleport him out of there," Krycek replied.

"That would be a really neat trick if you could do that," Douglas commented thoughtfully. He had never met a sorcerer with the ability to teleport a human being before, and the potential use in future hostage situations were mind blowing.

"You locate him and I'll get him out," Krycek promised.

Inside the building in a small windowless room in the buildings center were five men. One man was naked and tied draped over a steel rod that hung suspended from the ceiling by two chains attached to each end of the rod. The man's arms were stretched out and cuffed to each end of the chains holding the rod; his feet were spread and chained to sturdy steel bolts in the concrete floor. Below the man's spread legs were rust-colored stains, from his bent position Colton had a clear view of the stains and knew exactly where they had come from, he shivered in fear.

There was a rapping on the helmet covering his head. Colton glanced up at the small man standing in front of him.

"It's a pity that you found me, I was having so much fun, but at least you should give me some additional entertainment before I surrender. It's only too bad you won't live to see my trial," Grossman commented.

"You're guaranteeing yourself a death sentence if you kill me," Colton argued anxiously as a cold sweat broke out on his body. He felt his ass cheeks being spread and a nozzle being inserted into his anus.

"Maybe so, but I do plan on enjoying myself while I'm in jail. Me and my boys will have so much fun ruling over the other prisoners," Grossman mused, watching the FBI man's body stiffen as axle grease was pumped into his rectum. "The grease isn't for your comfort, FBI, but for my boys', it isn't very pleasant for them when their cocks get stuck in a too tight hole, and they do so love getting their whole cock inside."

Colton gasped in pain as the grease was pumped deep inside his bowels until it overflowed leaking back out his anus. He sighed when the nozzle was removed from his anus, and he tried to force the grease out of his painfully cramping bowels.

"They also love making sure their toys are properly lubed," the perp joked at the look of pain on the other man's face. He frowned as he noticed the grease running down the FBI man's legs. "Now look what you done! They are going to have to refill you until you stay properly lubed!" the little man shrieked, slapping Colton across the face.

Colton felt the nozzle being forced back up his anus and more thick grease pumped back inside his body. He hung his head as pain gripped him. Two pairs of naked legs came into view, he cautiously raised his head and looked. The two n'thrals were standing in front of him stroking their immense cocks excitedly, as the one behind him continued to fill him with grease until he thought his bowels would rupture. The nozzle was pulled back out and a large blunt object was quickly inserted between his ass cheeks before he had the opportunity to force the grease out of his body. The FBI man screamed as the n'thral forced the tip of his cock into him; it felt as wide as two baseball bats and he felt the burning pain as his anal muscles tore. The n'thral's fingers tug into his hips as it strained to get more of its length inside the smaller man.

Grossman pulled Colton's head up and smiled into his pain filled eyes. "That's just ten inches of my boy; he has another seven to get up into you yet. You should see how beautiful your ass looks skewered on my boy's magnificent shaft. It's too bad I'm forced to keep this helmet on you, I'd love to read your thoughts right now."

The n'thral managed to slide another three inches in, before he ran up against an obstruction. He strained, pushing forward with his cock while pulling back on the smaller man's hips, but was unable to force his way in any deeper. The FBI man clenched his teeth against the pain as the n'thral pulled out slightly and slammed back in, attempting to get pass the barrier that was obstructing his entry. Finally after several attempts there was a popping sound and the giant slid in the final four inches.

Colton bellowed in pain then passed out; coming to a few minutes later as the shop's owner waved smelling salts under his nose. The perp's pants were undone and his puny three-inch cock peaked out. "You're going to miss all of the fun; you wouldn't want to sleep through my boys fucking you, now would you?" the small man said, patting the side of the helmet.

The FBI man was in extreme pain; the enormous shaft up his ass had entered his bowels. The grease filling his intestines had him feeling like his guts were going to burst. He gasped as the n'thral pulled out and rammed back into him, it seemed to go on forever until he felt the organ inside him grow even thicker and the creature's hot release was pumped into him.

When the n'thral pulled his seventeen-inch cock out, grease, semen, shit, and blood ran down Colton's quivering legs. Grossman watched with an evil smile on his face and his pants stained by his own come. "Don't worry about the grease, FBI, my boy opened you up really nicely there's not a chance that my other boys' cocks will get stuck in your hole now."

Outside Krycek paced anxiously, he was getting to the point where he was tempted to charge the building despite not knowing what was going on inside.

"Agent Krycek, charging the place wouldn't be wise, they may have something other than anti-telepathy helmets inside," Carlton warned reading his intentions.

A car pulled up next to them, Agent Mulder and his security detail climbed out. "Alex, what's the situation?"

"Fox, we're waiting for the heli..." His voice trailed off as the helicopter with the advanced infrared heat scanning equipment flew into view heading for their location.

"About time," he hissed, running over to the swat team's truck, he climbed in and rushed over to the monitors that showed what the infrared scanner was picking up inside the building. "There! Have them get a close up of this area," Krycek ordered, pointing the shapes moving on the screen.

The agent at the monitoring equipment relayed Krycek's request to the helicopter pilot and he zoomed in closer. It was clear by the image that one shape was bound and the other four shapes were assaulting him.

"I'm going to teleport him out," Krycek replied, concentrating on the bound shape on the monitor, it soon vanished off the screen. There was a startled cry outside the truck as Tom Colton's unconscious battered body appeared on the pavement.

Agent Hank Carlton rushed over to him and gently removed the helmet from his partner's head. Krycek stepped out of the truck and joined the assault team as they charged the building. He glanced briefly down at Tom Colton's body, and anger filled him, someone was going to pay.

Mulder ran over to help Colton, when he touched the naked man's body, he felt how critically injured Colton was, and he quickly flagged over his security detail. "Guys, he's not going to make it unless I heal him," Mulder informed them.

"Don't worry, Mulder, we'll take care of you afterwards, just don't let him die," Jones replied, kneeling next to Mulder, he felt nauseated when he got a good look at Colton's injuries.

Mulder placed both hands on Colton's body and felt the energy flow through them and a golden glow spread slowly covering both of their bodies. Dakota Jones felt himself leaning into the light illuminating Mulder's body, and discovered a serenity and peace as the light touched him. He watched in utter fascination as the bruises on Colton's body disappeared.

The immortal sighed and leaned exhausted against Jones as the light vanished. Tom Colton opened his eyes and stared questioningly up at Mulder, he hadn't been this close to the agent since the Tooms case. A look of horror crossed Colton's features as he remembered being raped by the n'thrals. His face crumpled and he started crying, to his surprise Mulder pulled him into his arms.

"Ssh, don't worry, Tom, it is going to all right," Mulder soothed tiredly, mindless of the mess covering the other man's body. "The paramedics are here to take you to the hospital," he murmured, allowing the paramedics to take Colton from him.

"Mulder, thanks." Colton smiled weakly as he was transferred onto a gurney. He wasn't in any pain and briefly wondered about that as he was placed into the ambulance, and Hank Carlton climbed in next to him.

"Mulder, c'mon let's get you back to the hotel," Jones said, helping the agent up. Mulder sagged against him too exhausted to stand on his own. Jones on the other hand was feeling invigorated, and he effortlessly scooped Mulder into his arms as the agent lost his battle to stay awake.

Lars Johnson held the back door to the car open as he eased Mulder's sleeping body inside. The younger man raised his eyebrows in surprise as he got a good look at Jones' face. "Ah, Dakota, remember the pockmarks you had on your face?"

"Yeah, what do you mean had?" Jones asked, bending to look into the rearview mirror. "Damn, they're gone! What happened?" he asked in amazement. He had had the pockmarks since he was a child after suffering smallpox. They had been a source of low self-esteem and ridicule for him as a boy, and later as an adult.

"I think you got too close to Mulder when he was healing Colton," Austin grinned.

Their conversation was interrupted as the FBI led their prisoners out of the auto body repair shop. The three n'thrals were still naked and covered with slime; their father was cursing at the FBI men and bragging about how good it felt to fuck one of them.

"Are all FBI men virgins?" he asked, chuckling sadistically.

Krycek quickly put an end to his fun. "Mr. Grossman, I know you think that you'll be sent to the same prison that your three sons are going to, but let me assure you that is not about to happen." Then Krycek leveled him with a broad grin. "Being a virgin yourself, you'll soon learn how much fun it really is being raped."

"You can't do that! I have rights! I'm an American, I demand to speak to an attorney!" the deranged little man shrieked.

"Take them away," Krycek ordered, then hurried over to the car where Mulder lay sleeping.

"I take it that Tom Colton is physically okay now?" Krycek asked, easing in beside his lover, he pulled Mulder's body into his arms and tossed Jones the keys to his rental car. Jones smiled and headed over to Krycek's car.

"Yeah, physically he's fine," Austin replied, starting the car he drove them back to their hotel.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Thursday, January 13
7:30 p.m.

"Alex, when are you and Fox planning on coming home?" Skinner asked. Placing an animal cracker on Hope's highchair tray, he held Faith balanced on his hip as he spoke to her father on the telephone.

"In a few days, Fox is sleeping off a healing right now, and I want to find out more about this SBS disease. Walter, I'm afraid it may be spreading. Reports out of Atlanta, Chicago, St. Louis, Los Angeles, and Houston state that sorcerers in those areas have been falling into comas. The CDC still hasn't been able to find a cause," he sighed, sitting next to Mulder on the bed.

Skinner shivered looking at his daughter and niece, he felt a sense of dread, what would happen to his family if this disease struck them? "Alex, has Fox attempted to heal one of the sorcerers? Is that why he is sleeping?" he asked anxiously.

"Yes, and no. I haven't talked to Fox, yet. We were at the hospital together and Fox was going to attempt to heal one of the sorcerers when I got a call from Hank Carlton that Tom Colton had been taken hostage by our perp. I left Fox at the hospital with his security detail as I went to oversee the hostage situation at the auto body shop. Fox showed up forty-five minutes later, and he healed Tom Colton who had been critically injured by the perp's n'thral sons. Walter, Lars Johnson said he wasn't able to heal the sorcerer at the hospital, but Fox didn't tell them why. This scares me shitless, what happens if we're affected by this disease?" Krycek's hand massaged Mulder's back while he talked on the telephone.

"Alex, I don't know, it scares me, too. I'm going to explain the situation to the others here after we find out what happened at the hospital from Fox. I don't want to worry them prematurely if Fox has a logical explanation." Skinner sighed, hugging Faith closer against his body.

She looked up at him and held out her hands toward the telephone. "Dada."

"Yes, cutie, its your daddy. Do you want to talk to him?" Skinner smiled, putting the telephone up against her ear.

"Faith, how's my precious little girl doing?" Krycek cooed gently.

Faith squealed with delight as she heard her daddy's voice. "Gee!"

Skinner smiled, pulling the telephone away. "She misses you, Alex. Fox taped your photograph inside her crib before he left, and she does seem to sleep better."

"I miss her and the mouse, too. Believe me, I sleep better with both their photos nearby, too," the young man replied, looking longingly at his daughter and niece's photograph on the night stand.

"Alex, call me as soon as Fox wakes up. I'm gong to see if Melvin knows anything about what is happening involving SBS," Skinner replied saying his farewells.

Krycek placed the phone back on the hook and climbed into bed next to his lover, wrapping his body around Mulder's, he held him tightly.


Chapter 2 - Duffy

Miami
Friday, January 14
9:30 a.m.

Mulder opened his eyes and peered at the empty space beside him in bed, he rolled on his side and stared across the room at his lover who stood motionless in front of the hotel window.

"Alex."

"Fox, you're awake, thank god." Krycek turned around relief showing in his eyes. "How do you feel?" he asked, strolling over to the bed and sitting next to his lover.

"Fine. How long?"

"Sixteen hours." Krycek lovingly brushed the hair off Mulder's forehead.

"How's Colton?"

"Physically he's in better condition than he's been in years, mentally he's going to require a lot of counseling," Krycek replied, lovingly stroking Mulder's arm. "I talked to Walter last night and told him we're going to stay and check into SBS."

"Damn! Alex, I'm sorry, I wanted to tell you what happened at the hospital with that sorcerer," Mulder exclaimed sitting up abruptly, he swung his feet onto the floor.

"Fox, what's wrong?"

"I couldn't heal him, Alex, the only injuries or illnesses that I can't heal involve the alien virus. We need to check the local sorcerers that haven't been stricken and find out if they were living in Miami a year ago," Mulder said, standing he headed into the bathroom.

Krycek followed him and leaned against the door as his lover used the toilet. "I think I know where you're going with this, Fox. The anti-ghoul virus was released in Miami a year ago on January 4th and the first victims of SBS were reported around January 4th."

"Yes, exactly. We should check the cities where the anti-ghoul virus was next used to see if there are any cases of SBS," Mulder replied, standing, he flushed and went to wash his hands.

"Fox, you wouldn't happen to remember which cities were after Miami?" Krycek asked nervously, feeling a tightening in his stomach.

"Yeah, Atlanta, Nashville, Chicago, St. Louis, Los Angeles, Seattle, and Houston, it was released on January 11th."

"Damn. Fox, I think you just found the connection. Cases of SBS have already been reported in five of those cities. I'm going to call the CDC with the information."

Mulder followed Krycek back into the bedroom and waited for him to finish his telephone call. He hugged himself while staring sadly out the window toward the beach; the sunlight sparkled off the pristine blue waters. Krycek's arms wrapped around him hugging him from behind, the younger man rested his chin on Mulder's shoulder.

"A penny for your thoughts?" he purred into his lover's ear.

"Alex, the virus was released in D.C. on January 22nd, if it is the anti-ghoul virus that's causing this disease that leaves only eight days before you and Walter are affected."

"Fox, once the CDC knows for sure what's causing the outbreak, they should be able to develop a cure. I'm sure they'll have one before either of us is affected. C'mon, it's a beautiful day out, let's round up the guys and spend it on the beach like we planned," Krycek soothed. Deep down he was afraid of what was going to happen if the CDC didn't have a cure in eight days. The thought of leaving Fox and his daughter and niece unprotected scared the shit out of him.

"Okay, but first I'm going to take a shower, and remember, Alex, we still need to get me a swimsuit," Mulder replied softly, pulling out of his lover's arms not wanting Alex to know how truly scared he was.

"I'm going to call Walter and tell him your theory on SBS," Krycek informed him, sitting on the bed he picked up the telephone again.


St. Petersburg
Friday, January 14
10:30 a.m.

Nikolai Slava stood before his daughters' growth cylinders they were less then six weeks away from being born. He smiled contentedly. He had his workers putting the final touches on the nursery, and he had selected seven nannies from the Russian female survivors. All of the nannies were young, pretty, and intelligent. Marat Fyodorov was instructing the women on the protocol of the palace their duties.

Slava had one problem with bringing the seven female nannies into the winter palace. The n'thrals that guard the palace all became physically ill upon smelling and seeing the women. He realized that his security force would be affected similarly with his daughters when they were born so he had his scientists working on a way around the problem. The only solution that they had developed so far was suppressing the n'thrals' sense of smell, but it wasn't totally effective. The scientists discovered that besides being repulsed by the females' scent the n'thrals were also repulsed by their appearance. However, suppressing the n'thrals' sense a smell did alleviate them becoming physically sick.

"Moi Tsar." Marat Fyodorov interrupted the larger man's meditation.

"Yes, Fyodorov."

"The workmen have finished yours and master Fox's bedroom. Would you like to approve their work?" the shorter man asked.

"Yes. Did they install everything I asked for?" Slava inquired, heading toward the door.

"Yes, moi Tsar. All of the sexual pleasure devices have been installed, your lover will be most pleased with them," the clairvoyant stated. He was personally looking forward to the arrival of the Tsar's lover almost as much as the Tsar, he intended to spy on the couple as they made love. The mere thought of seeing the beautiful immortal in the throes of passion caused his cock to swell.

"Moi Fox will be here in four weeks, and I want everything to be perfect for his arrival. Warn the staff, Fyodorov, no one is to tell him about our daughters. I want the babies to be a surprise for him on the day of their birth."

"Yes, moi Tsar," the smaller man replied as they headed off down the hallway.


Miami
Friday, January 14
2:30 p.m.

The hot sun bore down on them; Mulder sighed contently as his lover massaged suntan oil into his skin. He was lying on his stomach on a beach towel with Alex Krycek straddling his legs as the younger man applied the oil onto his long back. The looming crisis was currently far from his mind, all that mattered was spending some quality time with Alex. They were far removed from the FBI, their family, and the demands the government had placed on their lives.

The other three agents lay on beach towels next to them and appeared to be totally relaxed, but Mulder knew that the three men were alert and watchful. Earlier, they had run off half a dozen n'thrals that had gotten too close, and their current method of discouraging others from approaching was novel. The sand surrounding the area where they lay was hot as charcoals, preventing anyone from getting near them. The five men inside its confines could not feel the heat from the red, glowing sand, but outside it was like approaching a blast furnace.

"Fox, get up and do me," Krycek purred, handing Mulder the oil as he eased himself off his lover's body and back onto his own beach towel.

"Do you, babe?" Mulder leered seductively, taking the oil from him then glancing over at his security team.

"Don't let us stop you, Mulder," Jones replied, grinning up from his beach towel.

Mulder smiled back amazed at how handsome the other man was without the deep pockmarks that had scarred his face and body. "Dream on, Jones," he chuckled and started rubbing oil onto Krycek's back, his lover was sitting cross-legged on his towel.

Krycek laughed. "Really, Fox, don't you want to give them something to dream about?"

"I'd also be giving our other audience a show, which I'm not prepared to do," Mulder replied, indicating the over two hundred n'thrals that had set up camp a good distance outside the burning sand.

"You're right, love, that would not be smart. They might end up overlooking how hot the sand was between us and them."

"Alex, what time do you want to leave tomorrow?"

"I have us booked on the morning flight at nine o'clock. Fox, I can't wait to get back home to Faith, I've been gone over a week since...I wonder if she'll still recognize me," he grumbled.

"Alex, you're her father, of course she'll still recognize you," Mulder scolded as he rubbed the oil down Krycek's arms, enjoying the swell of his lover's hard muscles beneath his fingertips.

"Maybe, but I've never been away from her for this long before."

Mulder pulled the younger man up against his chest, kissing the side of his throat. "I'll bet that she crawls to you first," he soothed.

"Fox, the babies always go to you first," he sighed, leaning back into his lover's warm embrace. "What do you want to bet?" Krycek asked, knowing a sure thing when he heard one.

"Breakfast in bed Sunday morning, let's say Swedish pancakes with lingonberries," Mulder replied, licking his lips.

"Fox, do they even have lingonberries in D.C?" Krycek asked.

"You're the sorcerer, wiggle that cute nose of yours and whip us up some," he replied saucily.

"Brat," Krycek chuckled, extracting himself from Mulder's arms he laid flat on his stomach, he couldn't hide the happy smile that spread across his lips.

Mulder smiled at the look of contentment on his lover's face then joined him in sunbathing.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Friday, January 14
8:30 p.m.

"Walter, if what you're saying is true we'll have to double our security here," Major Kazuo Sawada stated.

"It is true Kazuo, and I agree we need to tighten our security, I want to be prepared for the worse. If this new virus continues on its current course Alex, Tony, and I could be affected in about week," Skinner replied, pacing around the kitchen.

Rory MacIver swirled around on the tall kitchen stool, watching him. "So, let me see if I got this straight, after being exposed to the virus it takes a year for it to gestate before producing these debilitating symptoms?" he asked.

"That appears to be the case, but the CDC hasn't issued a public statement yet. The government is trying to conceal the extent of the disease for as long as possible," Skinner informed them. He knew that once word got out that this disease was striking down American sorcerers it would open the nation up to attack by foreign governments.

"That's a wise move, hopefully it will give them enough time to find a cure," Gabriel Hunter replied, reading his thoughts. He was leaning up against the counter next to Justin Blaise. "I personally shouldn't be affected until May, I was in Hawaii when the anti-ghoul virus was released on the mainland. What about you, Kazuo?"

"I was exposed in May, too. That was when I came to this country to be interviewed as Shin's lover," he replied solemnly. "The anti-ghoul virus was released in Japan last July." Sawada shivered as the ramifications to his country sunk in; ruthless warlords surrounded Japan, if anything happened to Japan's sorcerers nothing would stand in the way of their armies. The rest of Asia hadn't used the anti-ghoul virus so their sorcerers would be unaffected.

"I would have been exposed April 1st," MacIver replied. "Walter, we could probably defend the estate against any threat from n'thrals or humans, but if we are attacked by other sorcerers we'll be in trouble without you, Tony, and Alex."

Skinner stopped his pacing; he looked into the family room at his daughter and niece playing in the playpen. "That's what concerns me, Rory. Five immortals would be too tempting of a target for foreign governments, not to mention the children. We've been lucky so far that word hasn't gotten out about Justin's, Joe's, Hans', and Shin's pregnancies."

"Tell me about it! The last thing I want is to have my picture plastered on the cover of Time magazine with the headline 'Pregnant!' that would be too embarrassing," Blaise grumbled.

"I think you're being a little egotistical there, Justin, the cover will probably have all of our faces on it," Hawk replied.

"Walter, what about bringing Duffy here? He'll offer some protection until a cure is found," Rory replied. He had discussed the issue with Skinner already, but the larger man had wanted to discuss it with his lovers first. However, this was before they found out about SBS.

"It might be something to consider. Jason Duffy was in Special Forces in Vietnam he'd be able to provide considerable protection for the family, but I would like more evidence that the drug is really controlling his sex drive effectively," Skinner replied.

Hans Schatz looked at them shocked. "You're not seriously thinking about bringing a n'thral onto the estate are you?"

"Hans, Duffy isn't like most n'thrals. He's kind and gentle, with the drug he won't pose any threat to you or the other immortals," MacIver assured the frightened younger man.

"Rory, he's a n'thral! All n'thrals are alike, *sex* is the only thing on their minds!" Schatz shouted, dismayed at the prospect of being anywhere near a n'thral. "Melvin, do something!"

Frohike had been sitting quietly listening to the men's discussion. He had his own concerns and fears, which he couldn't voice without adding more worry for Skinner. "Hans, I know you're afraid, but we're going to need Duffy here for protection. He may be the only thing that stands in the way of other n'thrals raiding the estate."

"Melvin, how can you agree with them? I thought you loved me," he snapped, turning, he fled the kitchen for his bedroom.

Frohike sprang out of his chair and ran after his distraught lover.

Hunter sadly watched the beautiful blond immortal leave. "Fox isn't going to like the idea anymore than Hans. We need to seriously address their fears before we move that creature under our roof and into our family," he warned. He wasn't particular happy with the idea of having a n'thral on the estate, he'd witnessed too many atrocities committed by their kind.

Skinner removed his glasses and massaged the bridge of his nose, feeling a headache coming on. "Of course you're right, Gabriel. Fox has been attacked three times in the past by n'thrals; he has a severe fear of them. How do you propose we handle this?" he asked.

Shinji Takeda spoke up. "They both need to meet and talk to Duffy. I'm afraid of n'thrals too, but I'm no longer afraid of Duffy, not since I met him today at the Center. He has warm gentle eyes...the drug has removed any wanton lust from their depths. I felt absolutely safe around him."

"Okay, Shin, good suggestion. I'll arrange for Doctor Pendrell to bring Duffy here for Sunday dinner then both Fox and Hans can get to know him," Skinner replied. "Does anyone have a problem with this?"

"N'thrals can't stand the smell of females, what about the babies won't they cause him a problem?" Joseph Shadow Hawk asked.

Skinner looked at him thoughtfully. "Joe, we'll see how he responds to them on Sunday. If need be we'll suppress his sense of smell like I had to do around Fox before the anti-pheromone drug was invented. I'm going to request that the government assign the National Guard to patrol the outside perimeter around the estate until a cure can be found for the virus. I'll insist that all n'thrals in the unit be given Shinji's drug."

Takeda swiftly rose and went into the family room when he heard his daughter Ayako crying. He scooped her up and carried her back into the kitchen. "Kazuo, I'm going to feed her and put her to bed," he said, heading for their living quarters.

"I better do the same with my daughter and niece, it's way past their bedtime and I don't want them getting in the habit of staying up late," Skinner replied.

"I'll help you, Walter," Blaise offered, following the older man into the family room he picked up Faith from the playpen. She started crying and struggling to get down. "You don't want to go to bed, do you, cutie?"

"She's starting to be a night owl like her fathers," Skinner said as they entered his bedroom, he laid Hope on the bed and started removing her romper.

"Walter, you know they're not going to find a cure before you and Alex are stricken. Do you really think the others can protect this place without you?" Blaise asked, bouncing Faith on his hip to get her to stop crying.

"I'm not too worried, Gabriel is a better sorcerer than I am, and Rory and Kazuo function as the perfect team now that they've buried the hatchet. What I'm concerned about is Fox, he's going to start going through withdrawal pains, and I don't want to have him suffering. I thought I'd talk to Rory and ask if he can service Fox until we're cured," Skinner sighed. He scooped up his daughter, and carried her to the changing table.

Blaise laid a much calmer baby on the bed and proceeded to remove her outfit. "Walter, wouldn't it be better if Mulder went the three weeks to become withdrawal free? I mean, we don't know how long it will be before a cure against the virus is found."

"No. Fox can't be incapacitated for that length of time; he's needed to protect our daughters and the household. Fox has connections in high places and he'll be able to garner their support if needed," Skinner told him as he slipped Hope's legs into her one-piece sleeper.

"What happens after April 1st if there's still no cure and Rory falls into a coma, too?" Blaise asked, balancing the diaper-clad baby on his hip as he rummaged through the dresser for her sleeper.

"I pray that there is a cure before April 1st," he murmured quietly, hugging his daughter as fear tied his stomach in knots.

"I do, too," Blaise murmured, placing Faith in her crib.


Dana Scully's Resident
Friday, January 14
8:30 p.m.

"Mulder, I'll contact the CDC in the morning and get samples from them. No, I don't mind helping," Dana Scully replied.

"Are you going to be coming back tomorrow?" she asked, smiling up at her husband who place a cup of tea in front of her. "Good, I'll see you soon."

"Dana, is there a problem?" Jonathan Carter asked.

"Yeah. There seems to be a new virus spreading through the country that's affecting only sorcerers. Mulder thinks it's connected to that anti-ghoul virus the government released a year ago. The disease causes the victims to fall into comas. Currently there are one hundred and sixty sorcerers afflicted with it in Miami, and it has spread to seven other cities. Jonathan, there's an estimated one million sorcerers living in the U.S., we could have a major health crisis on our hands."

"Dana, is Mulder afraid that Walter and Alex are going get the virus?"

"He didn't say as much, but yeah, I think he is. Dear, I'm worried for him. Mulder will be an easy target without Walter and Alex there to protect him," Scully sighed.

"If this virus only affects U.S. sorcerers this whole country could be in for trouble," Carter replied, reaching across the table to take his wife's hand in his.

"The n'thrals are bound to take advantage of the situation, we could have a civil war on our hands," Scully replied.

"Dana, we could have a world war on our hands."


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Saturday, January 15 Noon

Krycek parked the SUV in front of the garage door. It felt good to be back home again, he turned and smiled over at Mulder. "I'll get the bags," he said, concentrating briefly on their luggage, it vanished and reappeared in their bedroom.

They climbed out of the truck and walked toward their home, Mulder shivered against the cold. "I want a hot chocolate and a hot bath."

"Good idea, I'll join you," Krycek replied, his teeth clattering as a gust of wind blew through the fabric of his dress pants. His shoes made crunching sounds on the frozen ground.

They entered through the front door of the mansion and were somewhat surprised that no one was around to greet them, they heard voices coming from the direction of the family room.

The whole family was there with their eyes glued on the television set. Skinner glanced up with a displeased expression on his handsome face and he forced a smile when he saw them. He was holding Hope on his lap; the baby was playing contentedly with a set of plastic keys.

Faith was playing quietly on the rug at Skinner's feet. She smiled up at her fathers upon seeing them then crawled quickly over to greet them. She paused briefly; glancing up at Mulder Faith gave him a wide grin then veered toward Krycek grabbing his pants cuff she tried to pull herself up. "Dababbadadd," she cooed happily.

"Hey, cutie, how's my sweetheart," Krycek murmured lovingly, scooping her into his arms, he hugged and kissed her small warm body.

Faith squealed with delight and concentrated her full attention on her father's face, sticking her fingers in his mouth she giggled when he pretended to eat them.

"See, lover, I told you she'd go to you first," Mulder stated smugly, wrapping his arms around Krycek's waist he kissed his daughter on the cheek. Mulder enjoyed the look of utter joy on his lover's face.

"I'll have to learn never to doubt you, but I'm still amazed she came to me first." He smiled happily, then focused his attention on the gloomy expressions on the faces of the other men in the room.

"What's going on, guys?" Krycek asked cautiously.

"CNN has been reporting the latest news concerning immortals all morning. It appears that Cory Greene and immortals from Uganda and Greece are pregnant. Alex, the world now knows that we're hermaphrodites, it's only a matter of time before they discover that we're pregnant, too," Hawk grumbled, he cuddled closer to Blaise for comfort.

"God, this is so embarrassing!" Blaise moaned. "I can just picture the looks on the faces of my Texas Ranger buddies when they hear the news," he sighed, burying his face against Hawk's shoulder.

Takeda looked up from where his head rested on MacIver's lap. The older man was soothingly combing his fingers through his lover's hair. "Mulder, it's more embarrassing than that! They had a panel of experts speculating on us all morning. Somehow they managed to get their hands on Doctor Harris' medical data, including x-rays, chemical analysis about our monthly cycles, and they've been showing detailed diagrams of our new organ and orifice," Takeda complained.

Mulder's face went completely white, the room started to spin, he clung tighter to Krycek to keep himself from falling. "God."

Skinner quickly handed Hope to Hans. He rushed over to help his lover. He gently eased Mulder's hands away from Krycek's coat and pulled him over to the sofa. "Fox, sit. It's going to be okay," he murmured gently.

"No, it's not! God, this is so *humiliating* now everyone in the FBI knows. What happens when they discover that clairvoyants can impregnate us, too? There are six times as many clairvoyants as there are sorcerers!" Mulder griped.

"Ah, Fox, they already know. One of Cory Greene's lovers is a clairvoyant, and one of the babies he's pregnant with belongs to him," Skinner informed him softly, kneeling at his feet.

"One of? Walter, what do you mean? *ONE* of?"

"Fox, it appears that Greene is pregnant with two babies, one belongs to this clairvoyant lover and the other belongs to Stuart Holt."

"Oh, that's just *fucking* great! Wasn't it bad enough that we could become pregnant! Whose fucking idea was it that could become pregnant with *more* than one baby by *more* than one man, God!" Mulder shuddered. "If I ever get my hands on those fucking aliens, I will tear their little gray bodies apart limb by limb!"

"Being pregnant with two babies can't be that much worse than one," Skinner replied, trying to comfort his lover.

"Walter, you're not helping here." Mulder glared, swatting his hands away.

"Sorry, Fox," Skinner sighed, then decided to change the subject to something safer before he further put his foot in his mouth. "I was just going to start lunch, why don't you and Alex take your coats off and relax, I'll call you when it's ready."

Mulder noticed the sadness in Walter's eyes and realized this latest intrusion in their lives was grating on all their nerves. It was bound to come out in the news eventually, and this new information really didn't matter, what mattered was his lovers' continued good health. "That's okay, Walter, I missed you," he sighed. Leaning forward he kissed Skinner softly then hugged him.

"I missed you too, Fox. You and Alex go on and change, lunch will be ready in a half hour," Skinner said, pulling away he stood and headed into the kitchen.

Before leaving, Mulder took Hope from Schatz. "Hi, princess, did you miss me?"

"Dade box," Hope babbled, smiling.

"Hey, I think she said my name," Mulder grinned.

"Fox, that was only baby babble," Krycek corrected as the two men headed toward their bedroom.

"Nope, it was clearly *Daddy Fox* isn't that right, princess," Mulder murmured, hugging his little daughter. "Besides, Alex, she's just two weeks away from how old I was when I said my first word."

"Whatever, Fox."

They carried the babies into the bathroom and set them gently on the tiled floor to play while they stripped out of their overcoats and suits.

"Fox, I'm scared," Krycek murmured, buttoning up his jeans while watching the babies crawl around the bathroom investigating every nook and cranny.

"Alex, everything is going to be okay, the CDC will find a cure." Mulder stood next to him watching his daughters play.

"They're not going to find one in a week, Fox. I can't stand the thought of leaving you and the girls unprotected."

"They won't be unprotected Gabriel, Rory, and Kazuo will never allow any harm to come to our children, and I'm quite capable of looking after myself, Alex."

"Fox, you're capable of protecting yourself against clairvoyants and humans, but you don't stand a chance against sorcerers or n'thrals. What happens if they don't find a cure before Rory, Kazuo, and Gabriel get it?" Krycek sighed, wrapping his arms around Mulder's body.

"They'll find a cure. If they don't I'll see that our family is safely hidden until a cure can be found," Mulder promised, returning the hug.

Krycek shivered. "Fox, promise me that you won't take any foolish chances with your life after Walter and I get SBS? That you'll be there for our daughters?"

"Alex, I can't, I won't promise you that. I will take whatever chances necessary to protect you, Walter, and our munchkins."

"Fox, please, at least promise that you'll never leave the babies unprotected and that you'll be careful?"

"I promise, Alex, you have nothing to worry about. C'mon let's go eat lunch," he soothed, kissing the younger man softly then went to pluck Faith off the floor.

"Fox, I have everything to worry about and too much to lose," Krycek replied, picking his niece up.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Sunday, January 16
5:00 p.m.

"Walter, I can't believe you invited a n'thral to dinner," Mulder complained.

"Fox, you have nothing to be afraid of. The drug Shinji invented works. Besides Jason Duffy is an old friend of mine, he would never dream of harming you," Skinner replied, cleaning the seeds from an acorn squash.

"I beg to differ, Walter! That thing would have *raped* me last spring if you hadn't been there to prevent it! I'm willing to thank *it* for saving Shinji's life last fall, but I still don't want *it* under my roof!" Mulder snapped, slamming the refrigerator after removing a carton of orange juice.

Krycek took the carton from Mulder. "Walter, I agree with Fox. N'thrals are not to be trusted! They have no redeeming characteristics. We definitely cannot allow one of those creatures under our roof or anywhere near our children."

"Fox, Alex, he's coming to dinner! However, if you still have your doubts about his character afterwards, I promise this will be the last time I allow him onto the estate. All that I ask is that you both keep an open mind, and look beyond his outward appearance," Skinner pleaded.

"Okay, Walter, but the whole family gets to vote on whether to allow him to stay at the estate. If one of us votes no then he goes and there will be no further discussion," Mulder replied, squeezing Hans Schatz's hand reassuringly, the younger immortal smiled appreciatively at him.

"Okay, fine, Fox. I can accept yours and Hans' discomfort with n'thrals, you've both been violated by them in the past. Just keep in mind that Duffy isn't like other n'thrals," Skinner grumbled, sliding a cookie sheet full of quartered acorn squash into the oven.

MacIver watched silently as the men argued, his lover had had his own hatred of n'thrals, but Takeda was able to overcome them to help Duffy. "Lads, I'm sure you'll like Duffy once you get to know him," the Scotsman assured them.

Krycek was about to respond when he frowned angrily. "Fuck, its here already with Doctor Pendrell. I'll go show them in, Walter."

"Alex, be nice," Skinner ordered.

"Aren't I always?" he snipped, heading out of the kitchen.

"No, you're not," MacIver shouted, jumping up he hurriedly followed Krycek out of the room.

As Krycek and MacIver left to escort Jason Duffy and Doctor Pendrell into the mansion, Schatz crept closer to Mulder for protection. Frohike wasn't present he was working at the Lone Gunmen headquarters this weekend.

Mulder went into the family room to check on his daughters who were playing in their playpen. "Don't worry, Hans, there is no way anything will be allowed to happen to you here." The agent bent and checked the babies' diapers.

"Mulder, were you serious that I'd get a say in whether that n'thral is allowed to stay here?" Schatz asked, kneeling down next to the older man.

"Hans, this is your home and you have just as much right to feel safe and secure here as anyone else. If having Duffy here is going to make you uncomfortable then he shouldn't be allowed to stay."

Both men glanced up as the sound of heavy footsteps made their way toward the family room. Mulder shuddered as he stared up at Jason Duffy. It was one thing to see the giant outside, but another to see him framed in the columns leading into their family room, dwarfing the other three men standing next to him. It was a lucky thing for the giant that all the ceilings in the mansion were fifteen to twenty feet high. Duffy still had to bend to make it through the mansions doorways.

The large n'thral's clothes were obviously handmade and ill fitting. Mulder almost felt sorry for the man as he stood nervously shuffling his feet. He didn't see any lust in Duffy's eyes as the giant looked at him and Schatz; he resembled a frightened child.

"Agent Mulder, thank you for inviting me into your home," Duffy rumbled shyly. He awkwardly held out a wrapped package toward the smaller man.

Mulder steeled himself and stepped forward accepting the package. "You really didn't have to bring anything, Duffy."

"It's for the babies," he replied simply, staring down at the two little baby girls who looked back at him with wide eyes.

"You're not bothered by their smell, are you?" Mulder asked.

"No, I don't find them offensive at all, but then the drug I'm on seems to allow me to tolerate the scent of adult females, too," Duffy replied. Glancing around the large room his eyes grazed briefly over Hans Schatz, sensing the immortal's discomfort he quickly focused his attention on other parts of the room. "You have a lovely home."

"Thank you," Mulder replied, unwrapping the gift. He pulled out an exquisitely carved mobile with delicate birds hanging from it at different levels. The detailing and artistry were remarkable, the birds were all in flight, and brightly painted.

"Duffy, this is beautiful where did you find it?" Mulder smiled, showing the mobile to Krycek who had stepped forward to admire the artistry.

"Yes, it is truly remarkable," Krycek replied.

"Thank you, I'm glad you both like it, I carved it myself," Duffy replied, relaxing somewhat.

"Duffy, can I get you a beer?" MacIver asked jovially.

"Sure, Rory," Duffy murmured softly. He smiled broadly when Walter Skinner stepped out of the kitchen drying his hands on a towel.

"Duffy, it's nice to see you again," Skinner greeted, shaking the giant's hand.

"Walt, thanks for inviting me to dinner, you have a lovely family." The large man was feeling less nervous now that his longtime friend was present, and he graciously accepted a beer from MacIver.

Skinner took the mobile from Mulder, holding it up he examined it closely. "Duffy, you're still the finest wood carver that I've ever seen, but I can't say much for your skill as a seamstress though," Skinner joked, referring to his friend's pieced together outfit.

The giant chuckled. "I think that I could eventually get the hang of it, but it would help if I had a sewing machine," he grumbled.

"Fox, why don't you and Hans give Duffy a tour of the estate while Rory and I finish dinner, Alex and Kyle will watch the girls," Skinner ordered sweetly. He did not leave space for either of his lovers to back out without appearing to be rude. Krycek glared at him, not wanting to leave Mulder alone with the immense n'thral. Skinner realized he was being cruel, but he knew Duffy wouldn't hurt either man, and he knew this was the only way that they would realize, too.

"Sure, Walter, we'd love to," Mulder replied tightly. "C'mon, this way, Duffy." Mulder snagged Schatz's arm and the young man reluctantly followed him.

*Walter, we'll talk later,* Mulder informed Skinner telepathically.

*Fox, you have nothing to worry about, I'll be monitoring you at all times,* Skinner replied.

*If Hans has a nervous breakdown, I'm holding you personally responsible.*

Mulder showed Duffy into the library first.

"Wow, this is truly magnificent, even I feel small in this room," Duffy exclaimed.

The library was two stories high its center was open to the other level that had a wrap-around balcony, over the top was a curved ceiling. Duffy went happily over to one fifteen-foot tall bookshelf; and selected a book, and started flipping through it.

Schatz stood stunned, the only n'thrals he knew showed no interest in books, he even doubted they knew how to read. "Mr. Duffy, you like to read?" he asked hesitantly.

"Please, its just Duffy," he smiled. "Reading was one of my favorite pleasures before the virus changed me. Now with Shinji's drug, I'm finding myself able to enjoy it again. It's like a fog has been lifted from my eyes and mind allowing me to focus on other things besides sex."

"Duffy, would you be perfectly honest with us? Are you sexually aroused by us at all?" Mulder asked.

"I find you both extremely sexually appealing, but I have no desire to throw you over the table and fuck you. I'm in complete *control* of my body now, not the other way around," Duffy replied proudly.

Mulder smiled softly studying the giant, he knew the large man was telling them the truth. "Duffy, please feel free to select as many books as you like."

"Really, Mulder? Thank you." Duffy wandered around the room his eyes were lit up like a child in a candy store as he selected three more books.

"We'll take the main staircase upstairs," Mulder replied, noticing that there was no way that the n'thral would be able to fit up the library's spiral staircase.

The steps creaked under the sheer weight of the nine-foot giant as they ascended to the second floor.

"Upstairs there are mostly bedrooms, an upstairs laundry room, a game room, my office, and of course the second level of the library," he said, showing Duffy into the game room where the rest of the household was playing darts.

"Hello, Duffy," Major Sawada greeted.

"Kazuo, it's nice to see you again. Congratulations on your daughter," Duffy murmured, pulling another wrapped present out of the large pouch that hung from his belt he handed it to the major then slid the books he was carrying into the now empty pouch.

Shinji Takeda walked over cradling Ayako in his arms, he watched as his lover opened the gift. It contained a pair of beautifully carved bookends. The carvings depicted rabbits dressed like people. "This is so cool, Duffy. Its Peter Rabbit, Kazuo, Walter has a storybook with the fairytale in it. I'll show you it later," Takeda replied, taking one of the bookends from Sawada and studying it.

The other four people in the room hung back watching cautiously. Spender didn't feel as uncomfortable around Duffy as when he first met him, but the giant still was intimidating.

Mulder introduced the other men. "Duffy, these are other residents of the estate. You know Jeff, next to him is Tristan Woods he's our family's in-home nurse. "

"In-home nurse, I thought immortals could heal? Why would you need a nurse?" Duffy asked.

"There are some things that we cannot heal. Tristan is here for one of those," Mulder answered tactfully. "The other two men are Joseph Shadow Hawk and Justin Cody Blaise."

"It's a pleasure to meet you all," Duffy stated, trying not to look at Blaise. Even with the drug he was on, he found himself getting aroused by the beautiful red-haired immortal. He always had a thing for redheads.

"Duffy, we'll take the staircase in the west wing down to the bottom level, I doubt that you'll fit in the elevator," Mulder replied. The mansion had only two staircases that led to the lowest level, one next to the elevator off the kitchen, and the other in the west wing that exited into the hallway by the storage area and Takeda's lab. There was a third staircase, but that was only accessible through a secret passageway in the library.

"Most of the rooms in the west wing are empty, the only rooms that are occupied are Jeff's and Tristan's bedrooms," Mulder told him as the three men walked down the long hallway toward the stairs.

At the landing on the first floor Duffy looked around, it was cold in this part of the wing. The lights were off in the long hallway giving the wing a deserted look, only the staircase light was lit. "How do you get to the rest of the mansion here?" he asked.

"There's a door at the end of the hallway, we keep it closed to conserve on heat. This way," Mulder said as he and Schatz started down the staircase, Duffy followed obediently behind the two smaller men.

When they arrived at the bottom Duffy immediately noticed the difference in temperature. This level was warmer and slightly humid, he could smell chlorine from an indoor swimming pool. Duffy looked around at the walls, floor, and ceiling they were all heavy stone, the ceilings were all twenty feet high, he felt comfortable down here, it reminded him of his cave. He smiled, Rory had mentioned him staying down here, his friend knew him well, -- this place was perfect for him.

"This part of the lower level is completely underground, we use these rooms primarily for storage and Shinji's laboratory is in this section." Mulder opened a heavy oak door revealing a large cavernous space, there were two-foot thick columns every twenty feet supporting the ceiling.

Duffy ducked under the doorway and squeezed his large frame into the room. He roamed around the immense space, estimating the dimensions to be at least one hundred feet by eighty feet. He noted where the water pipes were against the far wall, also several ceiling lights. There were a few boxes stacked near the door, he read the labels on them -- Christmas and Halloween decorations, otherwise the space was completely empty. It was perfect for him. He reluctantly left the room to follow Mulder down the hallway.

Mulder opened a door across the hallway -- it was a similar storage area only smaller -- it was half-filled with lawn furniture, folding chairs, and tables, he closed the door then went down to another door and pushed it open. "This is Shinji's lab," he replied.

The fully equipped of laboratory appeared small compared to the other rooms; it measured only about twenty feet by sixty feet.

"It looks like a scene out of Frankenstein," Duffy commented chuckling.

Mulder laughed. "It does, I thought that when we were building the lab down here. Somehow I can't picture Shinji as the mad scientist though."

"Shinji Van Frankenstein," Schatz chuckled, he startled suddenly as it occurred to him that during the past ten minutes he was no longer thinking of Duffy as a n'thral.

"Shall we continue." Mulder smiled leading them to the last room off the hallway before it opened into a brightly lit atrium.

"This is my favorite room down here." Mulder pushed opened the molded wrought iron gates revealing a large, dimly lit wine cellar. The room was chilly. "The room is climate controlled, Walter insists on keeping it at forty degrees," he informed the giant.

"This is impressive, Mulder." Duffy stayed outside the cellar, he was afraid his large form might accidentally break some of the bottles.

They ended the tour at the atrium that led to the indoor pool, exercise room, and spa. The atrium was filled with plants, it had large windows and French doors that opened onto the outdoor patio.

"Truly a magnificent home you have here, Mulder, Hans," Duffy stated looking out across the patio.

"Thank you, Duffy," Schatz replied happily. No longer feeling any fear of the giant.

"C'mon, let's get back upstairs, Walter should have dinner ready by now," Mulder replied, leading them over to the staircase next to the elevator.

As they entered the dining room, Mulder raised his eyebrows in awe. At one end of the dining room table, the floor had been recessed in the shape of an oversized chair allowing the nine-foot tall n'thral to comfortably sit at the table. Krycek was finishing carving the pork tenderloin as Skinner strapped the two babies into their highchairs. All the other men were present, including Gabriel who had been over visiting Tony and Kimberly earlier. Doctor Pendrell was talking to Tristan; they stopped speaking when they saw Duffy. Only the members of the household were allowed to know about the immortals' pregnancies.

Mulder wrapped his arms around Skinner hugging and kissing him. "You're too wise," he murmured softly.

"I see you've had a change of heart regarding our guest," Skinner whispered into his ear and affectionately squeezed Mulder's ass.

"Most definitely, Walter."

Skinner grinned; he sat on Mulder's right then proceeded to prepare a small plate of food for their daughter. On her plate he scooped a small tablespoon of peas, cinnamon apples, and buttered a slice of bread that he broke into bite size pieces. Hope was at the stage of feeding herself with her fingers, but she hadn't quite mastered the use of a spoon, yet.

Faith watched her sister eating the grownup food; she frowned at her daddy who was opening a jar of baby food.

Krycek set the jar of Gerber's pureed beef on Faith's highchair tray then scooped up a teaspoon to feed her. Faith refused to open her mouth; she stuck out her lower lip in a clear pout.

"Yummy, yummy. C'mon, cutie, open up this is really good," Krycek coaxed. Pushing the spoon against Faith's tightly closed mouth. The baby turned her head away; swung her hand out and knocked the full jar of baby food off her tray. Unfortunately, it landed in the middle of Mulder's lap.

The other men at the table tried not to laugh at the look of disgust on Mulder's face as the gray mush seeped through his pants, but they lost the battle and snickers sounded around the dining room table.

Krycek sheepishly took the jar from his lover, making it and the mess in Mulder's lap disappear. "Sorry, Fox, for some reason she doesn't want to eat. Maybe I should try something other than pureed beef. How about pureed peas." Another jar appeared in his hand, he popped open the lid and offered her another teaspoon full.

Faith turned her head again, her little hand struck out knocking the spoon away. "No!"

Everyone at the table froze, looking at the unhappy baby.

"No? Alex, she just said her first word, and don't tell me that was baby babble," Mulder replied.

"No, she clearly said no."

MacIver chuckled. "Why am I not surprised that your daughter's first word would be no."

"Seven and a half months old and already talking. Fox, our daughter is a genius," Krycek beamed.

"She only said one word, Alex. Let's hold off with the genius bit until she says her first sentence," Mulder replied.

Faith was looking more, and more distressed, her sister was happily munching on grownup food and she had nothing to eat. She did the only thing left and started crying.

"C'mon, cutie, do you want to sit at the big table? Is that the problem?" Krycek cooed, unstrapping her from the highchair, she swatted his hand kicking and crying even harder.

"Alex, I think your little girl wants to eat what her sister is eating," Duffy advised.

Krycek looked at him, then over to where his niece was happily eating. He looked at his shrieking daughter then at her highchair and a small plate of food magically appeared on the tray. Krycek showed Faith the food and she immediately stopped crying, so he strapped her back into the highchair.

Faith grinned up at him through red rimmed eyes as she picked up a bite-sized piece of buttered bread and licked the sweet cream off it.

"Another crisis averted," Skinner smiled.

The rest of the meal passed without incident. They retired into the upstairs game room for cocktails and conversation. When the evening ended Skinner showed Duffy and Doctor Pendrell out. "Duffy, I know you've won Fox over, but I'm not too sure about Hans yet. I'll let you know in a few days what the family decides."

"Walt, thank you, I appreciate that you're even considering allowing me to live here," Duffy replied.

"Duffy, you're my friend. However, you should know that one of the reasons I want you here is to help protect my family. I realize that it's a purely selfish reason on my part, but Fox and the babies come first," Skinner replied.

"Walt, we've been friends for almost thirty years, I will be here to protect your family even if I'm not living within your home," Duffy replied softly.

"Thanks, Duff." Skinner watched the giant climb awkwardly into the back of Doctor Pendrell's full size van.


FBI Hoover Building
Monday, January 17
1:00 p.m.

Agents Mulder and Krycek strolled into the FBI's lab. The FBI was lending their assistance in trying to find a cure to SBS.

"Hey, Andy, any luck?" Krycek asked.

Agent Andrew Nelson looked up at them from his microscope. "No, nothing yet. Is it true that Agent Scully is also looking for a cure to the virus on her own?"

"Yes, she's doing it as a favor to me," Mulder replied.

"It would help if we could pool our resources and work on it together," Nelson suggested.

"Scully is working with Shinji Takeda at our estate. They would be glad to share any information they have with you, Nelson," Mulder stated.

"You allowed a foreigner access to this information?" Nelson asked annoyed.

"Shinji is hardly a foreigner he's a member of our family. Besides Japan is similarly threatened by this virus and in need of a cure as well," Krycek responded tersely.

"He's not a U.S. citizen so that makes him a security risk. This has to be reported to the government immediately," Nelson huffed.

"The Director already knows as does the CDC," Mulder replied calmly.

"The Director knows?" Nelson stammered. He should have figured the Director would know; Mulder had that man wrapped around his little finger.

"The Director understands how important it is to find a cure quickly, Shinji Takeda has detailed knowledge about the alien virus, together with Dana Scully they stand the best chance of finding a cure. Andy, many lives depend on a cure being found for this, including A.D. Skinner's and Agent Krycek's lives! Is petty politics worth their lives?" Mulder asked.

"Of course not, A.D. Skinner's life comes first. I'm sorry for my outburst, Agent Mulder. I'll prepare a report of my findings to date for Agent Scully," Nelson replied, embarrassed that he almost put the A.D.'s life in jeopardy.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Wednesday, January 19
6:00 p.m.

Walter Skinner looked around at men and women gathered in the family room. He had just finished explaining the situation to them. They needed Jason Duffy here badly to booster their security.

Dana Scully and her husband Jonathan Carter sat listening to the arguments. Skinner had invited them to stay since having Duffy here would indirectly affect Scully who was working with Takeda in his laboratory.

"Walter, what about Dana's and my effect on Duffy? He isn't going to be able to tolerate being around us," Kimberly said.

"The drug he's on to control his sex drive has also modified his sense of smell, he's able to tolerate the female scent to a point," Skinner replied. "I would like to put allowing him to move in to a vote, if there is anyone present that does not want Jason Duffy living here please make your reasons known."

Everyone looked around at each other waiting for someone to object. Jeffrey Spender would have objected if it weren't for a vague vision he had earlier, showing Duffy protecting Hans Schatz.

"Since no one objects I'll give Duffy the good news, we can move him into one of the bedrooms in the west wing," Skinner said.

"No, Walter, I think he would feel more comfortable living in the large storage room downstairs. We just need to fix it up to accommodate a nine foot n'thral," Mulder replied.

"Are you sure, Fox? That room is pretty dreary, there are no windows."

"Positive, Walter. Why don't you, Tony, and Alex use your powers and whip up a bathroom, fireplace, and kitchenette, you can oversize one of the mansion bedroom sets. We can surprise him with it when you bring him back here," Mulder advised.

"Fox, that's going to require a lot of power to do all of that," Krycek stated.

"Rory, Kazuo, and Gabriel can help you," Mulder countered.

Justin Blaise stretched out on the sofa. "Yeah, what's the use of having sorcerers living here if we can't depend on them for some minor home improvement projects," he quipped.

"Yeah, guys, quit whining," Takeda replied, smiling sweetly.

"Hey, Alex was the one whining not us," MacIver corrected.

"I wasn't whining, just letting Fox know that it was going to require a lot of power," Krycek grumbled.

"Sounded like whining to me," Frohike stated. "What do you think Hans?"

"Melvin, Alex is just concerned about the amount of energy they will be expending. It isn't wise to waste too much power, what would happen if we're attacked?" Schatz admonished.

"Thanks, Hans," Krycek replied.

"Yeah, Hans is right, Fox. I think we have to scale down your home improvement project to include only the bare necessities. A bathroom would be a necessity and to conserve our powers, we'll purchase the fixtures then use our powers to enlarge them," Skinner advised.

"Oh pleeease, there are six of you. You'd hardly be expending that much power, nothing that you wouldn't be able to replenish in a couple of days at most," Mulder argued.

"Fox, these aren't normal times. We may only have a few more days together, and I don't want to spend them exhausted," Skinner blurted out, showing his feelings of anxiety for the first time.

Mulder blushed and went over to Skinner, wrapping his arms affectionately around the larger man. "Maybe you and Alex won't be affected," he murmured sadly.

"Fox, it hasn't spared anyone yet."

"Yeah, I know. I really don't want to face not having you here with me," Mulder sighed.

"Don't worry, Fox, we have the best people working on a cure. We won't be apart for long," Skinner soothed. "So, do you have a design in mind for Duffy's bathroom?"

"Besides large. No. Why don't you just duplicate of the suite bathrooms," Mulder replied no longer enthusiastic.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Friday, January 20 3:00 p.m.

Walter Skinner had taken the day off work to finish some modifications on Duffy's new apartment in the bottom level of the mansion. His friend was moving in this afternoon and he wanted everything to be perfect for him. He had to admit that the large storage area once fixed up was ideal for the giant. Tony had suggested installing a new doorway that replaced the single six-foot door, so the room now had a pair of ten-foot tall, heavy oak doors.

Skinner was fastening a switch plate over a new electrical outlet; he spun around upon hearing voices coming from the doorway. Duffy stood framed in the doorway with a stunned look on his deformed face. MacIver stood beside him with a satisfied smirk on his handsome face.

"Wow! Walter, this is...remarkable," the giant sputtered.

"Duff, don't just stand there come in." Skinner grinned. "Welcome to your new home."

Duffy walked across the space to a large fireplace with a huge mantle. Beside it were an oversized sofa, a wingback chair, and a colorful throw rug on the stone floor before the fireplace. He ran his hand along the empty mantle; it felt strange because it was proportioned to his size. "Walter, even a kitchenette? This is truly amazing...but how...why?" Duffy questioned as he walked into the kitchen even the appliances were proportioned to his size.

"Fox suggested that we use our powers to make this old storage area livable for you. We were only going to install the bathroom and resize the bedroom furniture, but we got carried away once we started," Skinner admitted.

"You didn't have to go to all this trouble," the giant replied deeply touched, putting his canvas bags on the bed.

MacIver walked over to stand next to Skinner. "There's still plenty to do, we figured you'd want to do your own decorating, and there's plenty of room on the far side of the room for your woodworking equipment," he grinned.

"We'll let you get settled in, Duffy. It's Rory's turn to cook dinner, I'm sure he'll want to get started," Skinner replied.

"No need to hurry, Walter, macaroni and cheese doesn't take that long to prepare," MacIver drawled, following the larger man out of the room.

"Rory," Skinner grumbled, shaking his head in dismay.

"Hey, Hope and Faith both love it," he commented.

"You've made it for them the last two days," Skinner growled.

"See, and the lassies still love it even after two days," the Scotsman replied jovially.

"Rory, you don't have to change their diapers. Just try something different, maybe yogurt with fruit." Skinner yawned tiredly as they entered the family room.

"How about pizza? If we cut the pieces small enough they should be able to handle that," MacIver replied.

"Rory, you can't feed babies pizza. You can order pizza for us, but order a side of spaghetti for the babies," Skinner sighed tiredly.

"Walter, are you feeling okay?" the Scotsman asked.

"I'm just tired, Rory." Skinner sunk down exhaustedly on the sofa.

"Okay," MacIver said hesitantly looking at Skinner with concern. He started for the telephone in the kitchen. "I'm going to call Alex and have him pickup five large pizzas on their way home. Hey, how many pizzas do you suppose Duffy could pack away?" He turned back to Skinner when the larger man didn't answer him.

"Shit, Walter!"

Skinner was slumped unconscious on the sofa; MacIver rushed over to his side and tried to revive him. *DANA! I NEED YOU IN FAMILY ROOM!*

*Rory, what's wrong?* Scully asked, setting down the glass slide she was preparing in the laboratory.

*It's Walter, I can't wake him...I think it's the virus.*

*I'll be right up,* she responded rushing for the door.


Chapter 3 - Sleeping Beauties

Foxfire Glenn Estate
Friday, January 20 5:00 p.m.

Mulder frantically rushed into the mansion, bumping into Shinji Takeda in the foyer. "Shin, where's Walter?"

"Mulder, I'm sorry. He's upstairs, Tristan and Dana are with him," Takeda said softly, meeting Krycek's stunned eyes over Mulder's shoulder, he stood frozen in the doorway holding Hope and Faith bundled protectively within his arms. The babies were dressed snugly in one piece snowsuits.

Mulder took the steps two at a time, his long overcoat flapping behind him as he sprinted across the hallway into Sawada's former bedroom. They had removed all of the furniture to use in Duffy's new apartment, and replaced it with three hospital beds and medical equipment. Skinner was lying still in the bed closest to the bathroom and veranda. Mulder swallowed back tears as he walked up to the bed and grasped his lover's hand in his.

He looked over at Dana Scully. "Scully, I knew this was going to happen, but it's still a shock," Mulder grieved. "My god, I thought we had at least two more days to be together."

"Mulder, he'll be fine...Walter at least had the foresight to have this room outfitted with the appropriate medical equipment, and Tristan will be able to attend to his daily needs until we can find a cure," she assured.

"Are you making progress?" Mulder asked as his fingers gently caressed Skinner's face.

"It's going slow, we haven't been able to isolate the virus that is causing these symptoms."

Krycek walked into the room and over to the bed. "Justin and Joe are watching the girls. How is he?"

"Alex, he's in the same condition as the other sorcerers. Don't worry he's not in any pain," Scully replied.

Krycek smiled sadly at her. "Well I see he took the bed with the best view and left the other for me," he quipped sorrowfully.

Scully gave him a weak smile. "I doubt that he's even aware of our presence here."

Walter Skinner stood unseen beside Krycek, he tried to reach out to the younger man, but his hand went straight through him. He tried to communicate with his lovers by telepathy, but he was unable to access the required energy needed to accomplish that feat. It was as if he was in a state of limbo.

"We don't know that, Scully," Mulder replied. "For all we know he could be standing in this room with us."

//That's my Fox.// Skinner murmured hopefully.

"Fox, we'd, *I'd* be able to sense him if he were," Krycek protested.

Mulder frowned glumly. "Yeah, you're right, Alex."

//Fox, don't listen to him! Use your intuition! I'm here, damnit!// Skinner growled.

"Can you communicate with his mind telepathically?" Mulder asked.

"No," Krycek sighed. He placed a hand on Skinner's chest and brushed his fingers through the larger man's chest hairs, he felt the rise and fall of Skinner's breathing and the faint beating of his heart beneath his fingertips.

"Fox, I'll sit up with him. Why don't you go and fix the babies something to eat, I don't think it's wise to have them eat Rory's cooking three nights in a row," Krycek murmured halfheartedly.

//Well, at least you have good sense about some things, Alex,// Skinner muttered.

"Yeah, his cooking is giving both girls gas, but they do seem to like what he's been making them." Mulder bent down and gently kissed Skinner's lips then headed for the door.

"That's because of the extra brown sugar he's added to the baked apple slices, and what kid doesn't like macaroni and cheese," Krycek complained, he looked over at Scully and Tristan Woods who were both finding his complaints humorous and were trying not to show it. "Why don't you both take a break, too."

"Sure, Alex, I want to get back to the lab," Scully replied, following Mulder out.

"Alex, I'll be back in an hour," Woods said.

Mulder headed for the kitchen; he smiled when he saw Frohike who was helping MacIver prepare dinner and there wasn't a single macaroni in sight.

"Don't worry, Mulder, I have everything under control," Frohike assured, he was well aware of his friend's fragile emotional state.

"What are you making?" Mulder asked, walking over to a large kettle he lifted the lid.

"Chicken and dumpling soup, I made double the normal recipe to include Duffy," Frohike said.

"Oh, that's right, he was moving in today. How did it go?"

"Fine, he's all settled, and he was very impressed with the apartment," MacIver answered.

"What are you doing, Rory?"

"Since, Melvin has banned me from cooking dinner...I'm making dessert," MacIver replied, pouring rice in a two quart saucepan.

"What type of dessert?"

"Rice pudding."

"Rory, that sounds...perfectly healthy."

Skinner leaned against the counter between his lover and MacIver. //Well, wonders never cease.//

"It's an old family recipe," MacIver replied. "The babies should be able to eat it, without any ill effects."

"Thanks, Rory," Mulder said, suddenly looking sad.

"He's going to be all right, Mulder. Dana and Shinji will find a cure for him and the others," the Scotsman soothed.

"I know he will be, but I miss him already. I can't imagine going days or weeks without him by my side," Mulder replied, smiling weakly. He looked over at the doorway as Duffy ducked underneath coming into the kitchen.

"Mulder, I'm sorry about Walter," the giant murmured.

"Thank you, Duffy. Have you had time to get settled, yet?"

"Yes. The apartment is more than I expected, thank you," Duffy replied. "Mulder, I had time to look over the estate's security systems, and found a few areas that could use improvements. When you have time I would like to go over them with you."

Mulder smiled softly at the immense giant. The estate's security was one area his lovers had excluded him from participating in. When he tried to get involved, they tended to take his contributions lightly and argued among themselves as if he weren't present. It touched him that Duffy had come to him instead of Alex or one of the other sorcerers for his opinion on security issues. After all, he knew quite a bit about security regardless of what his lovers believed; he'd sneaked onto military bases and broken into enough high security facilities in the past.

Skinner frowned. //Duffy, Fox is an FBI agent he doesn't know anything about security, you should be talking to Kazuo or Alex they both have military backgrounds..//

"We can talk tomorrow afternoon, Duffy," Mulder replied.

"Good, it will give me time to walk around the estate's perimeter in the morning and check for any other flaws." Duffy was determined to repay the residents here for their kindness and friendship. He would see to it that this estate was defensible against any outside aggression.

"Hey, Melvin, how's chow coming?" Blaise asked, walking into the kitchen carrying Hope who was sucking contentedly on her pacifier. The baby appeared to be freshly bathed and was dressed in a warm sleeper.

"It will be ready in half an hour," Frohike muttered.

"Have you chopped all of the ingredients small enough for the babies?" the Texan questioned.

"No, I left them all large enough so they'd choke on it," Frohike growled sarcastically. "Of course, I chopped everything small!"

"Hey, no need to get bent out of shape, Melvin," Blaise smirked, kissing the top of Hope's head, her thick, wavy, black hair was still slightly damp from being washed. "Uncle Melvin is grumpy, isn't he angel?" he teased.

Duffy stepped over. "Can I hold her?"

Hope looked up at Duffy; her green eyes widened as Blaise passed her over to the giant. She looked around frantically for her father and was surprised to see the top of his bald head from such a great height. She looked down at him and giggled delightedly, her pacifier falling from her mouth.

Skinner stared up at her, he could swear that his daughter was looking right at him.

"You like it up here, little one?" Duffy cooed deeply.

Hope looked at him and kicked her feet excitedly. She looked down at the tops of the all the men's heads, spotting her other father way across the kitchen. Hope looked back down at daddy Walter; she giggled and held out her arms to him.

//You can see me, angel!// Skinner gasped, reaching out to her.

Duffy turned around so she could see the rest of the room, blocking her view of Skinner.

Mulder walked over. "Duffy, you must have a knack with kids, Hope doesn't let just anyone hold her."

Duffy smiled happily down at him. "I thought she was going to cry there for a second, but she seems to have calmed down. I think she enjoys the view."

"If you don't mind watching her for a little bit, I want to run back upstairs to check on Walter."

"Mulder, I don't mind watching her, you go ahead," Duffy murmured.

All the men turned and watched Mulder speculatively as he left.

"He seems to be taking Walter's illness in stride," Blaise commented.

"No, he's not. It's tearing him apart inside," Spender replied, standing in the doorway.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Saturday, January 21
3:00 a.m.

Mulder threw his leg over Krycek's hip and nuzzled in closer to his lover's warm slumbering body, the younger man had his head tucked underneath his lover's chin and an arm draped over his waist.

Walter Skinner stood sadly beside the bed watching his lovers sleep. He longed to touch them, to tell them how much he loved them, to let them know he was here with them. Sighing dejectedly Skinner wandered into the nursery; he smiled lovingly down at his sleeping daughter and niece. He drifted back into the bedroom when he heard Fox's voice.

"Alex, wake up."

"What, Fox?"

"Sorry, just checking," Mulder sighed.

"Fox, this is the fourth time you've woken me tonight. If I get it, it won't really matter if you aren't able to wake me now or in the morning," Krycek muttered.

"It does matter. You're awake talking to me so I know you're okay," he argued. "Alex, I think we need to make adjustments in what you're permitted to do," Mulder murmured.

Krycek pulled away and glanced up at his lover. "What do you mean *permitted* to do?

"Alex, this disease comes on suddenly, I don't want you doing anything that could injure you or the babies if you fell asleep suddenly. Like driving, carrying the babies, swimming, bathing alone, or going anywhere alone for that matter, and I don't think you should go into work next week."

Skinner snickered at the look of disgust on Krycek's face. //He has you there, Alex, you might as will give in now.//

"Fox, I'll agree with *most* of your restrictions except for not going to work, but I'll make a deal with you -- I'll stay home if you do, too."

//Good thinking, Alex.// Skinner chuckled.

"Blackmail? Alex, you're falling back on your old habits," Mulder grumbled, he saw no other choice but to agree. "Okay, you win."

"Good. Now spread em," Krycek purred, rolling Mulder roughly onto his back he climbed between his lover's legs. He leaned down for a long delicious kiss, licking his way into Mulder's mouth. "Mm, scrumptious. Fox, promise me that when I get sick you'll kiss me good morning and goodnight every day."

//Hey, no fair, I never had time to extract any promises from Fox.// Skinner complained.

"Whatever you want, baby, but don't forget good afternoon." Mulder wrapped his long legs around Krycek's legs and brought their groins together. "So, are you going to continue extracting promises from me or fuck me?"

"Fuck you, definitely fuck you," Krycek murmured as his hand sought and found Mulder's anus, he pushed a tentative finger inside to test its preparedness. Mulder was still nicely lubed from earlier and his sphincter muscle was still relaxed.

Mulder smiled at him as he eased his legs over the other man's shoulders. "I'm glad to see you're getting your priorities right." He gasped as Krycek sunk into him.

"There nothing wrong with my priorities. My number one priority right now is making you so tired that you sleep through the rest of the night," he quipped, pulling out and pushing swiftly back in.

Mulder moaned, and pushed up to meet Krycek's downward thrust, their flesh slapped loudly together. "Oh, fuck me, harder, Alex."

"Your wish, lover," Krycek grinned, increasing the force of his entry. He spent the next fifteen minutes pounding into Mulder, watching with satisfaction as his lover writhed and squirmed on his cock with undisguised pleasure. He grasped Mulder's cock and stroked in time with his thrusts, the organ swelled as his lover finally came spurting semen over his belly and chest. Krycek gasped as his own orgasm hit, pushing in deeper he filled the other man with his love.

Krycek pulled out reluctantly, he bent down, and licked his way up Mulder's belly and chest, getting every last bit of come from his lover's body.

Skinner stood by the bed licking his lips, wishing he could share in Fox's come.

Mulder giggled as Krycek's tongue tickled under his chin. "God, you must have been a cat in your previous life."

"Yeah, a horny *gay* tomcat, and you were my boyfriend," Krycek snickered.

"Cats can't be gay," Mulder smirked.

"Sure they can," Krycek argued, capturing Mulder's mouth and stopping his protest.

Mulder panted heavily coming up for air. "Okay, if we were both cats in a previous life then what was Walter?" He chuckled over the ridiculousness of their conversation.

"A hound dog," he replied straight faced.

//A hound dog? Alex, just wait until I'm better, I'll show you a hound dog.// Skinner growled.

"Yeah, a big cuddly hound dog with big, warm, brown eyes," Mulder sighed. "God, I miss him," he sniffed, wiping a tear away.

//Oh, Fox, I'm here. Damn, why can't you see me? Our daughter can see me, why can't you?// Skinner grumbled.

Krycek pulled Mulder into a tight embrace. "C'mon, lover, everything is going to be okay. Let's try to get some sleep."

Mulder yawned. "S'kay, night," he murmured tiredly, cuddling against his lover's chest he allowed the blackness to pull him back under.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Sunday, January 22 11:00 a.m.

Kimberly sat next to her boyfriend's bed, Tony had been moved into the room with Skinner. She had reluctantly agreed to move into the mansion with their children until a cure could be found. Schatz and Hunter were currently watching the couple's two daughters.

"Kim, I'm going down to the kitchen to fix a cup of tea would you like me to bring you back a cup?" Scully asked.

"Thanks, Dana, that would be nice."

Krycek walked in as Scully left. "Kim, we've moved your stuff into the room around the corner next door to Justin and Joe."

"Thanks, Alex. How are you feeling?" she asked looking at him closely.

"Fine, still wide awake," he replied.

"How's Mulder doing?"

Krycek frowned. "He's worried. This isn't easy for him, Kim."

"No, I can't imagine it would be."

Krycek went over to Skinner's bedside, and caressed his smooth cheek. Tristan shaved him earlier. His fingers traced the line of the IV bag, knowing this was going to be him in a few days if a cure wasn't found. He was scared to death of leaving Mulder alone, knowing how his lover was prone to taking careless risks. Krycek's only hope was that Mulder would put their daughters' welfare ahead of Walter and himself.

*Alex?*

Krycek smiled, hearing Mulder's telepathic inquiry. *Fox, I'm okay.*

*Just checking. Come down to the family room your daughter wants to see you,* Mulder replied.

*I'll be right down.* Krycek bent and lightly kissed Skinner on the lips.

Tony, who was standing in the doorway next to Skinner, started when Krycek walked through him. //Yikes, now that was weird.//

//You'll get used to it. Especially in the kitchen when half the family is present, it's almost impossible to avoid being walked through,// Skinner replied.

//How come we can't get back into our bodies?// Tony asked, walking over to stand next to Kimberly.

//I think it is one of the symptoms of the virus, and probably the reason behind our comatose state.// Skinner wandered over to the window looking out. //The worst thing is no one can see or hear us, with the exception of the babies, and we can't sleep, we're perpetually awake,// he sighed.

//Why do you suppose that the babies can see us?//

//I don't know, if Fox were here I'd bet he'd have some way out theory.//


Krycek passed Scully as she carried a tray out of the kitchen; he smiled at her, then walked into the family and stood still for a few minutes watching Mulder play with the babies. He was sitting cross-legged on the floor rolling a small, colorful, rubber ball to them. Faith would roll it back laughing, while Hope slapped the ball with her hands giggling at the sound it made.

"Hi, can I play, too?" Krycek eased down between Mulder and Faith she instantly scrambled up on his lap. "Hey, cutie," he murmured, hugging and kissing her.

Hope abandoned the rubber ball and crawled over to him, too. Krycek lifted her up on his lap next to her sister hugging both babies. A tear ran down his cheek at the thought of losing all of this soon. He buried his face between the two babies, memorizing their scent and the feel of their warm bodies. Hoping he could take those memories with him when he was afflicted with SBS. He smiled sadly at Mulder when the other man's arms wrapped around them.

"Alex, I'll find a cure...I promise, no matter what it takes, you won't be out of their lives for long," he soothed.

"Fox, please, don't do anything reckless. I won't want to wake up if you're not here," he pleaded, raw fear gripping him.

"Ssh, Alex, don't worry, everything will come out okay," Mulder reassured, kissing the younger man softly on the cheek.

Spender and Frohike stood watching them from the kitchen counter.

"Melvin, shouldn't we do or say something? We both know Mulder is going to sacrifice himself for a cure for SBS," Spender asked despondently; he had come to respect and care for Mulder these past couple of months.

"Jeff, we only had glimpses of what is going to happen, neither of us know the exact chain of events. Look at what we do know, Mulder goes to Slava for a cure and the next thing we know is that Walter, Alex, and Tony are cured. We have no evidence that they will ever be cured if Mulder doesn't go to Slava, if we interfere they may never recover from their comas," Frohike reasoned.

"But, Melvin, we also know that Mulder is forced to share Slava's bed and held captive by him. Why would Slava send a cure for Walter and Alex when he has Mulder in his clutches? Wouldn't he be worried that Walter and Alex would try to rescue Mulder?"

Skinner stood next to the two clairvoyants, his face red with rage. He couldn't believe the two men were discussing this without intervening and preventing Fox from going to Slava. Skinner clearly remembered the conversation he had had with Frohike many months ago about the smaller man's vision of seeing Fox with Slava, while Fox sat on the floor reading to many beautiful little girls. He was going to lose Fox, and his friends were going to nothing to help.

"Jeff, I've had other visions about Mulder and Slava, also visions of Mulder, Walter, and Alex living happily together. It's driving me nuts, I'm afraid that if we interfere it would change any possibility for our friends to be together and happy again. What about the other members of this household? We could be jeopardizing their safety and wellbeing, too. We know that Mulder goes to Slava for a cure and shortly after they are cured." Frohike paced fretfully back and forth.

"But, you don't know when Mulder comes back, it could be years from now for all you know!" Spender growled lowly, glancing across the great space into the family room where Mulder and Krycek were playing with the babies.

//Listen to him, Melvin, please stop Fox from turning himself over to Slava.// Skinner pleaded to unhearing ears.

"Jeff, if we prevent Mulder from going to Slava, Walter, Alex, and Tony may never wake up. Eventually Rory, Kazuo, and Gabriel will fall victim to the virus putting all the immortals in danger, including Mulder and the babies. With Walter and Alex cured, they can take steps to rescue Mulder from Slava," he reasoned quietly.

"You're right, Melvin, I don't like it, but we don't really have any choice, do we?" Spender sighed glumly.

Skinner shook his head miserably; Frohike's arguments made sense, but he didn't believe Slava had a cure. He hated that Mulder would be gullible enough to fall for that man's lies.

"C'mon, help me with lunch," Frohike said, turning his thoughts away from future worries.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Monday, January 23
7:00 a.m.

Something was wrong. Mulder awoke suddenly. He was lying curled sideways on the bed with his head resting on Alex's belly. The constant hum inside his head was missing; it was his telepathic link to Alex. Shakily, Mulder crawled up the bed to his lover. "Alex, please wake up. Please, don't do this to me," he cried, combing his fingers lovingly through Krycek's hair; he was unable to wake him up. He enfolded his body around the younger man's and gave himself up to his grief, crying his despair against his lover's shoulder.

//Fox, I'm here, please, don't cry,// Krycek murmured.

//He can't hear you, Alex.// Skinner said, startling the younger man.

//Walter! What's going on?// he asked, tearing his eyes away from Mulder's sobbing form.

//Welcome to limbo land, and by the way, Alex, we *are* able to hear and see everything that is happening around us,// Skinner growled.

//Oh? Ooh, so when I convinced Fox that you wouldn't be able to hear him that must have really pissed you off,// Krycek retorted.

//Alex, let's just say, I wasn't particularly thrilled.//

//So, Walter, what have you been doing for the last few days?//

//Wandering around and listening to our friends conversations, you know, it's amazing how much we are not privy to around here.//

//Spying, Walter, I'm shocked,// Krycek quipped, staring at Skinner's naked semitransparent body.

Skinner drifted over to the bed, gazing lovingly down on Mulder. //Did you know that Fox comes to see me every morning before anyone else is up and cries at my bedside?//

//Yeah, this is really tearing him apart, he's been trying to hide how he's feeling from the others, and me, but we all know.// Krycek replied, he attempted to touch Mulder, but his hand passed straight through his body.

//Damn. Walter, just what the fuck are we able to do in limbo land?//

//Not a damn thing. We can pass through solid objects, but we can't pick up or move anything. No one can see or hear us except for the babies.//

//Hope and Faith can see us?//

//Yeah, it's a little comforting, but we can't communicate through them, which is frustrating.//

Mulder had stopped crying he pulled away from Krycek's body and rearranged his lover's limbs into a more comfortable position before leaving the bed. He stared sadly down at his younger lover. "God, Alex, how can I live without you and Walter here to protect me. I'm so afraid that I won't be able to protect our daughters, that they'll be taken away from me just like Samantha. Why couldn't it be me that got this disease instead of you and Walter?" He turned and walked over to the nursery, stopping in the doorway he looked in on the babies. Hope was up playing with her toes, but Faith was still soundly asleep. "C'mon, princess, you can share a shower with daddy Fox this morning," he murmured, picking the baby up he peeled off her soiled diaper.

Hearing a knock, Mulder turned toward and saw Gabriel and Rory standing there.

"Mulder, we'll take care of Alex for you."

"Thanks, guys." Mulder didn't have to question how they knew Alex had succumbed to the virus, he was aware that they had been keeping a close watch on Alex and himself.

"Baffaafaafa," Hope cooed, slapping Mulder's bare chest.

"Okay, princess," he murmured, kissing her brow he carried Hope into the bathroom with him.

He stepped back into the bedroom fifteen minutes later carrying Hope lovingly in his arms, they were freshly showered. Mulder was wearing a pair of button fly jeans and a sweater. He smiled weakly at Shinji and Hans who were sitting on his freshly made bed playing with Faith and Ayako.

"Hi," Mulder greeted, grabbing a fresh diaper from the changing table and an outfit for the baby from the dresser.

"Hi, Mulder, we wanted to see how you were doing," Takeda replied.

"I'm fine. I was just going to fix the munchkins breakfast, then do the laundry. It's really starting to pile up," he answered, detached.

"I'll help you with the munchkins," Schatz replied, picking up Faith he carried her over to the changing table.

"That's not necessary, Hans. They're my responsibility," Mulder said halfheartedly, fastening the snaps on Hope's romper.

"Mulder, you can't look after them all by yourself, they're the family's responsibility, too," Schatz scolded as he taped on Faith's diaper.

Mulder picked up Hope and hugged her against his chest, sitting forlornly on the bed. "Thanks, Hans, I never expected to have such good friends in my life."

Takeda reached over and squeezed Mulder's shoulder. "Let's go eat breakfast." He stood with his daughter cradled in his arms.

Skinner and Krycek followed them out of the bedroom and into the kitchen, where Kimberly had both of her daughters strapped into the highchairs and was feeding them rice cereal. Gabriel Hunter was helping her with them.

//Hi, Tony, how's it hanging?// Krycek joked, looking at the younger man's naked body.

//Stick it, Alex,// Tony snapped, blushing.

Sawada turned around at the stove. "Good morning, Mulder. Do you think your babies could handle pancakes?"

"Yeah," he replied softly, sitting at the counter with Hope on his lap.

"Daaddawa," Hope babbled when she spotted Walter standing next to the counter.

//Hi, angel, how's daddy's precious little girl?// Skinner cooed, he wanted more than anything to pick her up and cuddle her in his arms.

Hope grinned happily holding her arms out to him. "Daddewawa."

"Ssh, Hope," Mulder murmured as he cut a pancake into small bit size pieces and poured a little maple syrup on it. "You're really going to like this," he said, scooping a piece on a spoon he offered it to her. Her pink tongue darted out as she tentatively tasted the pancake, upon tasting the sweet syrup she opened her mouth for it, all of her attention was now focused on the food.

Sawada set a cup of coffee and Hope's covered drinking cup filled with apple juice in front of Mulder. "Thanks, Kazuo," Mulder murmured, shoveling another piece of pancake into the baby's mouth.

Schatz was sitting next to Mulder with Faith on his lap trying to spoon feed her the pancake, but she kept pushing his hand away. Faith picked the sticky food up with her fingers and ate it, smearing syrup all over her face and romper.

//Give it up, Hans, once my kid makes up her mind there is nothing you can do,// Krycek said, chuckling at the look of frustration on the young Argentinean's face.

//Faith is going to have to learn some manners eventually, Alex,// Skinner replied.

//She will, right now she's testing us. Remember how hard it was to get her to go to bed? She stopped fussing once she realized she wasn't going to get her way. It's the same here, we'll just have to be firm with her,// Krycek acknowledged, proudly watching his daughter.

//Right, Alex, she has your number and you know it. It was Fox who put his foot down about her bedtime, you wanted to let her stay up and watch television with us,// Skinner chuckled.

//Well, she is still too young anyway to enforce a firm schedule on her, even Fox has a difficult time keeping her in bed.// Krycek shrugged his shoulders as they continued to watch their family interact over breakfast.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Saturday, January 28 1:00 p.m.

Mulder covered the babies with a blanket; they had fallen asleep in their playpen, which he had assembled in the upstairs suite where his lovers lay comatose. He spent all of his free time up there, meditating. Mulder clenched his teeth as the first withdrawal pain coursed through his body. It had been five days since Alex had been afflicted and he'd last had sex.

*Rory,* he called telepathically.

*Mulder, I'll be right up. Are you sure you want to go through with this?* the Scotsman asked.

*Yes, I can't be incapacitated,* Mulder sighed.

A few minutes later MacIver and Takeda entered the bedroom.

"I'll watch the babies for you, Mulder, while you and Rory take care of business," Takeda said understandingly.

"Thanks, Shin," Mulder murmured, blushing.

"Do you want to go down to your bedroom?" MacIver asked.

"No, we can just go into the bathroom." Mulder did not want to have sex with any other man in his and his lovers' bedroom. They walked in the bathroom and closed the door.

//Alex, where do you think you're going?// Skinner growled as Krycek attempted to follow them.

//Ah, to watch. I want to make sure Rory doesn't take too many liberties.//

//He's going to fuck our lover how many more liberties are there?//

//I'm going to watch, Walter, and you really don't have any say in the matter,// Krycek snapped, going into the bathroom through the closed door, Skinner followed him through the wooden barrier.

Mulder had already pulled down his sweatpants and boxers; he was leaning over the counter as MacIver stood behind him preparing the younger man's opening. "Mulder, remember what an idiot I was in Mexico?"

"Yeah, you were going to wear a condom," Mulder chuckled.

//Fox still hasn't talked to us about all of his experiences in Mexico,// Skinner grumbled.

//Walter, he's embarrassed by them.//

"How about when we went skinny-dipping together?" MacIver asked lightly.

"That was fun. Rory, thanks for being there for me then and now," he replied somberly.

"Always, Mulder." MacIver lubed his cock, placing it against Mulder's anus he slowly pushed in.

//Fox doesn't sound too embarrassed to me,// Skinner griped, watching jealously as the Scottish sorcerer fucked his lover.

//Remind me to ask him about skinny-dipping in Mexico,// Krycek grumbled.

They closely studied their lover for the next ten minutes for any signs that he might be enjoying himself. They finally calmed down, noticing that Mulder wasn't getting too hard or making his normal sounds of pleasure.

Mulder relaxed when he felt MacIver's orgasm and his hot release spurting into his body. MacIver slipped out of him and grabbed a washcloth he cleaned Mulder off, then helped him pulled up his boxers and sweatpants.

"Rory, I'm worried," he whispered, meeting the older man's sated eyes in the mirror.

"What about, Mulder?" MacIver tucked himself into his pants.

"They're no closer to finding a cure for SBS, and they've never been able to find a cure for my withdrawal symptoms or for preventing the virus from killing females. I'm afraid they may not find a cure or find one in time, and time is something we don't have!"

"Mulder, what do you mean?"

"Rory, I talked to my source in the military yesterday, he said seven countries are forming an alliance to invade the U.S. once the virus disables a majority of our sorcerers. This estate is their primary target, my source figures we have until March before they launch their attack," Mulder stated with frustration.

"Shit, that doesn't give us much time! I thought the U.S. government would have been able to keep SBS a secret longer than it did. We'll just have to readjust our plans and go into hiding earlier," MacIver swore.

Skinner and Krycek stood there stunned. They knew that if a cure wasn't found by May that Fox and their friends would be in danger, but they hadn't counted on a seven country force attacking the U.S. in March for the main purpose of capturing the seven immortals living here. Those countries must be willing to sacrifice many men to get their hands on Fox and the others.

"Rory, I don't want to scare the other men, particularly Hans and Shinji, but Hector Cardoso and Kong Woo Long are part of the seven nation coalition. The seven countries have each staked a claim on one of our immortals, Cardoso gets Hans and Kong gets Shinji."

"Those insolent dogs!" MacIver growled, pacing anxiously around the bathroom he turned angrily back to Mulder. "Don't tell let me, let me guess, Nikolai Slava is the head of this coalition."

"No, he's not. My source told me Slava was approached, but he told them to go to hell."

"God, at least that is good news. C'mon, Mulder, Shinji is probably starting to wonder what we're doing in here for so long. Please don't tell him about Kong."

"Don't worry, Rory, he won't hear it from me."

Takeda looked up at them when they exited the bathroom, making a show of looking at his watch. "Thirty minutes, old man? It usually only takes you two minutes with me," he quipped.

MacIver growled and playfully wrestled Takeda onto the floor on his back, pinning him beneath his body. "I'll give you two minutes, beautiful," he growled huskily, kissing the younger man into submission.

"Make that thirty minutes, stud," Takeda purred, rubbing his rapidly growing erection against his lover's.

"Guys, do you mind taking it back to your room, I don't want my daughters getting an eyeful," Mulder admonished.

MacIver looked over at the playpen; both babies were awake and watching them intensely. "Sorry, Mulder," he gulped. "C'mon, lad, an hour of pleasure awaits you." The Scotsman stood and pulled his lover up with him, they quickly left the room.

//Do you want to go watch?// Krycek asked.

//Alex, didn't you get your fill last night watching Justin and Joe?// Skinner scolded.

//I'm studying their techniques. By the way, did you have any idea that Frohike was such a proficient lover or that he was hung like a horse? He makes Fox look small.// Krycek walked over to Mulder and positioned his body so they shared the same space.

//Alex, stop that. You don't know what effect you might be having on him!// Skinner glared at him until the younger man stepped out of their lover's body.

//But, Walter, I can smell and taste him when I merge with him.//

//We have other more important concerns, Alex. We have to find a way of preventing Fox from going to Slava!//

//How? We can't do a damn thing! I've never felt so helpless before in my life.//

//I don't know, Alex,// Skinner sighed.


St. Petersburg
Monday, January 30 1:00 p.m.

Nikolai Slava stormed down the long, wide hallways of the Winter Palace. He stopped in front of his clairvoyant's bedchamber and barged into the room. "Fyodorov!"

The little man startled awake from a sound sleep falling out of bed onto the hard, cold, wooden floor. He quickly scrambled to his feet, pulling his white nightshirt down over his erection.

Slava glared angrily at him. "Have you been fantasizing about my daughters' nannies again, when you should be concentrating your full attention on bringing Fox to me?"

"Moi Tsar, Master Fox has my undivided attention and I promise you that he'll be here within a week. Everything is going as planned," the little man reassured.

"No! Everything is not going as planned! You never even saw this seven nation invasion force in your visions. They pose a serious threat to my Fox and his daughters!" Slava bellowed.

"Moi Tsar, they pose no threat to your Fox, otherwise I would have seen them in a vision. Master Fox should have received your email by now, he will be replying shortly. I'll get dressed and help you compose your reply to him, it's important that he believes that you have a cure for this American-made virus," Fyodorov reasoned.

"Tell me, Fyodorov. Have you seen if my scientists are going to be successful in finding a cure?"

"Moi Tsar, my visions do not see everything."

"I expect you and your apprentices to find answers for me. I will need the cure to permanently bind Fox to me," Slava growled.

"Moi Tsar, please, it would be wiser not to cure these men; Skinner and Krycek will do anything in their powers to get Master Fox back," Fyodorov argued.

"Fox will never love me as long as his former lovers are left suffering. Marat, I want his love as much as I want his mind, body, and soul," Slava admitted, as he paced around the tiny bedchamber, his face turned thoughtful. "Alexei will be welcomed here, I will tolerate his presence if it makes Fox happy. I will make a monetary settlement with this Walter Skinner and I'll even allow him to keep their daughter Hope," he replied reasonably. He thought that Krycek was young enough that he'd be able to bend him to his will.

"You would share Master Fox with Alexei Krycek?" Fyodorov asked, shocked.

"No, he would be my protaga and Fox's pet, I would allow Fox to have sex with him, but only under my direct supervision," Slava stated. He was realizing the need to have other sorcerers under his command. Clairvoyants and n'thrals didn't offer the protection his country required to stem off foreign aggressors. He would make a point of training the thousands of sorcerers in Russia and elevating them to positions of power in his military and government. They would be greatly rewarded for their loyalties, and like him, become the new royalty in Russia.

Fyodorov looked worriedly at his employer, he had heard from others how Fox Mulder had changed Slava's personality, but this was too strange. "Moi Tsar, I heard that Alexei Krycek is a dangerous sorcerer, wouldn't it be wiser to make a monetary settlement with him, too?"

"Are you questioning my judgment?" Slava snapped, glaring down angrily at the little man.

"No, never, but as your adviser it is my duty to state my concerns if I think something might be harmful to you and your family," Fyodorov groveled.

"Hmm, very well, Fyodorov. Get dressed I expect you in the throne room in twenty minutes," Slava said abruptly, he left the room.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Monday, January 30 3:00 p.m.

Fox Mulder reread the email message for a fourth time before typing his reply. He needed more information; if Nikolai Slava really did have a cure for SBS he'd sell his soul to get it. The lives of his lovers, daughters, and friends depended upon a cure. Mulder kissed the top of Faith's head, the little girl was sitting on his lap watching him type on the keyboard. He glanced over his shoulder at Hope; she was playing on the carpet next to the coffee table. Mulder thought that like her sister, Hope was behaving strangely lately. She picked up her toy and held it out as if she was trying to hand it to someone. Sighing, he glanced back at his monitor and quickly erased the text Faith had added while his back was turned. He finished writing Slava, as he hit the send button he was telepathically contacted by Hunter.

*Fox, there is a Major Murphy Walker to see, he says it's urgent.*

*Thanks, Gabriel. Have him wait in the living room, I'll be right down.* Mulder quickly logged off the computer. Balancing Faith on one hip he scooped Hope up with his other arm. He left the office and took the main staircase down to the living room.

The handsome, young major stood as Mulder entered the room, his blue woolen overcoat was draped over the back of the sofa.

"Agent Mulder, thank you for seeing me," Walker said. Looking appreciatively at the beautiful young immortal and the two prettiest baby girls he'd ever seen.

"Major Walker, please have a seat. You said it was urgent?" Mulder smiled appreciatively at Hunter as he took Hope. Mulder sat across from the major holding Faith protectively in his arms.

"She looks like you," the major murmured, losing himself in two sets of hazel eyes.

Mulder had become so used to men falling into a daze and forgetting all else while in his presence that he just sat calmly and waited for the major to come to his senses. After five long minutes, Mulder sighed. "Major, why are you here?"

"What? Oh, sorry." The young man blushed. "The army has established a twenty-four hour patrol around the perimeter of the estate. The unit consists of twenty clairvoyants, fifteen humans, and ten n'thrals. The reason I'm here is to get dosages of the drug Shinji Takeda invented for controlling an n'thral's sex drive. The CDC hasn't released the drug to the public, yet. However, A.D. Skinner had specified that any n'thral assigned to the estate's security detail must be given the drug," Walker informed him.

"Fox, I'll notify Shinji that the major needs dosages for ten n'thrals," Hunter said, then telepathically communicated with Takeda.

"Agent Mulder, does it really work?" Major Walker asked anxiously.

"Yes." Mulder took in the major's handsome features and realized the young man must be constantly on the guard against n'thrals. He could just imagine how tough it must be for Walker to have ten n'thrals under his command.

Frowning, Walker sighed, "I'll wait to see it for myself. I can't imagine any n'thral being cured of their sex drive. It would be too good to be true."

Mulder watched the major's face with amusement as he heard Duffy's heavy footfalls heading toward their location. The major's eyebrows rose in shock as the largest n'thral he had ever seen entered the living room.

"My god."

"Don't worry, Major. Mr. Duffy is on the sexual suppressant," Mulder smiled reassuringly.

"Mulder, Shin asked me to bring up dosages of the drug for you," Duffy said, holding a medium sized box.

"Thank you. Duffy, this is Major Murphy Walker. The major is in charge of the security force that is going to be patrolling the outside perimeter of the estate. I would like you to accompany him and explain the drug to the n'thrals in his unit," Mulder replied, he held Duffy's eyes for a moment longer.

Duffy nodded knowingly, he knew Mulder wanted him to check out the troops that were going to be patrolling the perimeter.

"Agent Mulder, I don't think Mr. Duffy is going to be able to fit inside my jeep," Walker said, relieved. He was nervous about being alone with the immense n'thral.

"No problem, Major, Duffy will follow you in his customized humvee." Mulder smiled sweetly.

//Fox, you can be so gruel. God, I love you.// Krycek grinned, watching the handsome major's face fall.

A few minutes after the major and Duffy left Dana Scully walked into the living room. She watched her ex-partner holding his daughter securely on his lap. "Faith still won't let you put her down?" Scully asked, kneeling down beside the chair she smoothed a loving hand over the baby's back.

"No. It's such strange behavior for her; she usually likes crawling around on her own. But after that tantrum she threw two days ago she won't let me put her down. I think she misses Alex and Walter and doesn't understand why they aren't able to hold her. I thought she'd be happy to just be near Alex so I took her up to see him this morning. I laid her on the bed next to him, but she shrieked and kicked until I picked her back up," Mulder sighed.

Krycek sadly knelt on the other side of the chair next to Mulder and his daughter. Faith looked at him accusingly; she couldn't understand why her daddy wouldn't pick her up. She had even tried crying, which had always worked for her in the past, but still he wouldn't even touch her.

//Cutie, please, daddy loves you. I want to hold you so badly, please, don't be angry with me,// he soothed. His heart was breaking, he knew Faith was clinging to Fox because he was not able to hold her. Faith whimpered and buried her face into Mulder's sweatshirt.

//Alex, she'll get over it once we're cured,// Skinner tried to reason with his half-brother.

//Walter, something like this is going to scar her for life, she's never going to trust me again!// Krycek sobbed.

//Alex, she won't even remember this in a few months,// Skinner soothed, pulling Krycek into an embrace, their ability to touch each other comforted both men.

//Walter, I don't understand. Why was Slava able to touch Fox when he was out of his body?// Krycek murmured, wrapping his arms around Skinner's body.

//I think it was because he was still physically linked to his body, and was able to go back and reenergize himself,// Skinner replied, rubbing soothing circles on the other man's back.

"Mulder, she really seems distressed. How do you get anything done if she won't let you put her down?" Scully asked.

"I've been using the Snugly to strap her to my chest. I've even given into allowing her and Hope to sleep with me. Faith won't sleep in the nursery and Hope won't sleep in there without her," Mulder sighed. He didn't know how he was going to be able to leave his daughters behind when he went to Nikolai Slava for a cure for Walter and Alex. He knew he couldn't take them with him; Slava wanted him to agree to live with him for a year as payment for the cure. Alex and Walter would never understand him agreeing to that, let alone taking their daughters with him. No, Hope and Faith had to stay here; Walter and Alex were going to need them.

"Scully, can I ask a favor of you?"

"What Mulder?"

"If anything happens to me before Walter and Alex are cured, would you look after Hope and Faith?" Mulder looked at her pleadingly.

"Mulder, nothing is going to happen to you, but if it puts your mind at ease I'll be happy to look after them," Scully replied.

"Thanks, Scully." Mulder felt somewhat relieved at least his daughters would be protected until the cure from Slava arrived. Now he just had to wait to get through his next cycle that would begin in two days. In the meantime he would arrange with Slava to smuggle him out of the country. One week and he would no longer be part of this loving household, but at least his lovers would be cured and his extended family would be safe and secure.


Chapter 4 - The Winter Palace

Foxfire Glenn Estate
Monday, February 7
1:00 a.m.

Mulder nervously climbed out of the taxicab in front of the mansion. He looked around the estate grounds. It hadn't changed at all since he'd been gone. He sighed contentedly, happy to finally be home after a year away from his family. As he entered the foyer he ran into Walter who was coming down the staircase. Mulder smiled happily up at the larger man who walked down the remaining steps stopping in front of him.

"So, you came back," the larger man said gruffly. He stood there with his hands on his hips scowling angrily.

The smile on Mulder's face faded. "Walter, I didn't want to leave you, but there was no other way. I'm sorry," he apologized.

He heard children's squeals and small feet running, as his two little daughters came racing through the foyer being chased closely by Alex. The toddlers stopped instantly upon seeing him with fear in their eyes, they quickly hid behind Walter's legs and peered out at Mulder.

Krycek looked angrily at him. "What are you doing here? Wasn't your new lover able to fulfill your needs?"

"Alex, I don't love Slava. I only agreed to stay with him a year for the cure. Please, try to understand," Mulder begged.

"You should have stayed in Russia, Mulder. We've learned to get along just fine without you in our lives," Krycek replied coldly.

Mulder looked between the two men and saw hate and resentment in their eyes; gone was the love and adoration that had always been there for him. He knelt on the floor. "Hope, Faith, daddy's home. Come to me," he coaxed, holding out his arms toward the two little girls who buried their faces against Walter's legs too afraid to go near him.

Skinner bent down and picked up Hope as Krycek retrieved Faith. They glared angrily at their ex-lover. "What did you expect, Mulder? You abandoned them! You left them unprotected! Now you have the fucking nerve to come back into their lives? Our lives? As if nothing had happened?" the older man growled.

"Walter, Alex, please. I didn't want to leave you! Can't you understand? I love you and our daughters so much it hurts," Mulder cried, tears running down his cheeks.

"Mulder, go back to Slava. You're not wanted in our lives any longer," Krycek said. They left the room, leaving Mulder standing dejectedly in the mansion's foyer.

Mulder awoke in a cold sweat with Faith's little body curled asleep in his arms. "God, oh god, it was only a dream," he moaned breathlessly. He kissed the top of Faith's head as he lay there trembling in the pitch-black bedroom, tears of guilt and desolation running down his cheeks. How was he ever going to be able to live with himself for abandoning his daughters? He was a lousy father; he wouldn't blame his daughters and lovers for hating him, and not wanting him back.

Mulder spent the rest of the night grieving for what he was about to give up. He didn't even know when sleep finally reclaimed him.

//What do you think he was dreaming about?// Krycek asked.

Skinner looked at Alex and sadly shook his head. //I don't know, Alex.// They spent the remaining night watching over their lover.


Fox Mulder fastened his tie; his hands shook as he tied the knot. He had only an hour left to be with his family before leaving them to go to the Hoover Building, then from there to Slava. He would not see his daughters or lovers again for at least a year, if ever. Mulder knew he couldn't trust Slava to keep his word to return him to his family after the agreed upon year was up, but he had no other choice.

Mulder felt a tug at his pants cuff; he looked down and smiled at his daughters who were playing on the floor at his feet. He took his suit coat off the hook where it was hanging and pulled it on before bending to pick up his children. "God, I don't want to leave you, munchkins, but it's for the best. Daddy Walter and Daddy Alex will be better able to protect and care for you than I am," he explained sadly, still trying to convince himself that he was doing the right thing.

//Fox, you know that's a load of crap!// Skinner growled next to his ear. He wanted to reach out and shake some sense into his foolish lover. Skinner followed them back into the bedroom watching as Mulder sat on the bed with the babies on his lap.

Krycek stood next to Skinner. //Damnit, Walter, I've never felt so helpless! There has to be some fucking way we can keep him from going to that heartless Cossack!// he swore, frowning sadly when he noticed Faith looking at him. //Sorry, cutie, daddy didn't mean to shout, it's just that Daddy Fox is going to do something really stupid.//

//Alex, she's too young to understand. Hopefully, our daughters won't remember any of this.//

Mulder hugged and kissed his daughters, he had cried himself to sleep last night at the thought of leaving them, and didn't think he had any tears left in him. He looked up sadly as Jeffrey Spender entered the bedroom.

"Hi, Mulder."

"Jeff."

The younger man strolled over to the bed and took Faith from Mulder. He was the only one in the household that the baby would allow to hold her other than her father. "How are my nieces this morning?" he cooed.

"They're fine. Jeff, thanks for watching them for me while I go in to the Hoover Building," Mulder murmured guiltily not meeting Spender's eyes.

"Mulder, are you sure it's safe for you to go into D.C.?" Spender questioned, knowing the real reason behind Mulder's trip into the city.

"Don't worry, I'll be okay. Major Murphy Walker is escorting me personally. Jeff, I want to spend some time upstairs with Walter and Alex before he gets here can you watch the babies for me?"

"Sure, Mulder." Spender took Hope from Mulder and easily balanced both babies on his hips. He paused in the doorway, looking back at Mulder who was opening the secret wall-safe. Spender wanted to tell Mulder to stay here, that he shouldn't trust Slava, but he was unable to get the words out, instead he only uttered two words. "Be careful."

Mulder met his eyes and knew instantly that Spender was aware of his intentions. "I will be. Jeff, thanks," he murmured softly. He pulled the lock box out of the wall-safe and retrieved his guns. Slipping one into his hip holster, he knelt, pulled up his pant cuff and fastened on the ankle holster, he had stopped wearing that gun once the babies started crawling. It felt strangely comforting having the added bit of protection.

He went over to the nightstand, picked up the framed photograph of his daughters from Christmas, and deposited it in his briefcase. Mulder was traveling light only taking the clothes on his back. He didn't even take a photograph of Walter and Alex, knowing that Slava would destroy it on sight. He had concealed the anti-pheromone drug in a secret compartment in his briefcase, hoping Slava wouldn't find it. Mulder was planning to appeal to Slava to have the anti-pheromone drug altered using his DNA as Doctor Harris had done with Walter and Alex. He was afraid of spending a full year with the man knowing his cycles would drive Slava into a sexual frenzy.

He glanced around their bedroom one final time, walking over to the mantle to memorize all of their family photographs. Walter had a deep sentimental streak in him; he saved and cherished every aspect of their lives. Mulder picked up a frame that had Hope's footprints and handprints, along with her first baby picture in it. Walter had done the same with Faith's photo and prints. Mulder wiped at the tears running down his face, it was killing him to give this up. He replaced the frame on the mantle; picking up his briefcase and heavy overcoat he left the bedroom.

Mulder made his way up to their makeshift hospital room. He laid his briefcase and coat on a chair and walked over to Krycek's bed first, staring lovingly down at his lover's beautiful, serene face. He caressed the side of Alex's face feeling the roughness of stubble -- Tristan hadn't been in to shave them, yet. Keeping the promise he had made to Alex, he bent and tenderly kissed him on the lips. "Alex, I'm so sorry, but this is the last time I'll be able to uphold my promise. I know that you'll be extremely pissed at me when you wake up, but please try to understand I'm doing it out of my love for you and Walter. Don't worry about the munchkins, they're in good hands. Jeff and Scully will be looking after them until Slava's cure arrives." Mulder kissed him one final time before he turned and stepped up to Skinner's bed.

"Walter, I hope someday you'll be able to forgive me for what I'm about to do. I know how much this is going to hurt you." Mulder touched his own face where Walter had slapped him when he had believed that Mulder had been unfaithful. Now he was willingly going into the arms of another man, Mulder wouldn't blame Walter if he beat the crap out of him next time they were together. Mulder climbed into bed next to Skinner and wrapped his body around his lover's still frame. He bent down and kissed Skinner gently on the lips then rested his head on the larger man's chest, he laid there several minutes listening to the gentle beating of Walter's heart. "I love you, Walter. I'm so sorry." He slowly backed away and slid off the bed. Pulling on his overcoat he picked up his briefcase and left the room not looking back.

Skinner cringed visibly when Mulder had touched the side of his face, knowing his lover was recalling the time he had slapped him. He looked guiltily over at Alex. They were powerless to prevent their lover from leaving them.

//Fox, I love you. Alex and I will bring you back home once we're cured. No way are we going to let that bastard keep you from us,// Skinner growled as they followed Mulder downstairs into the foyer.

Spender was waiting there with the babies. "They wanted to say goodbye to you, Mulder."

Mulder took Hope from Spender, hugged, and kissed her one final time before passing her back and repeating the good byes with Faith. "Jeff, you'll have to watch this little munchkin closely, she likes to make a break for it the minute your back is turned." He smiled forlornly.

"Don't worry, Mulder. I'll watch them both closely, just come back to them...to us soon," Spender murmured sadly.

A car horn sounded from outside. "I better get going." Mulder leaned forward and kissed his daughters again, picking up his briefcase he headed out the door, and out of their lives.


FBI Hoover Building
Monday, February 7
11:00 a.m.

Fox Mulder hung up the telephone. Everything was set. All that was left was for him to do was to send a farewell note to his family explaining his actions. He didn't want to have them worrying about him, and he didn't want to put Spender on the spot of having to explain why he didn't try to stop him.

Mulder took extra time on the email he was writing to Scully. He went into detail on what Hope and Faith liked and didn't like. He wrote down their bedtime schedules and their favorite toys. He mentioned that he left his old Oxford sweatshirt in Hope's crib because she sometimes slept better with it. Faith was no longer comforted by anything of his or Alex's, so he explained to Scully that both Hope and Faith had been sleeping with him in the big bed. After rereading the email to make sure he included everything he could think of, he clicked on preferences and set the send options on the emails. They wouldn't be delivered for three hours, which would give him ample time to get out of the country.

He picked up the folder with the medical data and lab analysis on the virus that he'd received from Slava. Although it didn't give the information needed for the cure, his contact over at the CDC said the data was far more advanced than the CDC's data was to date. He left a note on the folder that it was to be delivered to Dana Scully over at Foxfire Glenn Estate.

Now he only had to leave the Hoover Building unseen. Slava had arranged for a car to pick him up two blocks from here to take him to a private airstrip where Slava's personal jet was waiting. Mulder grabbed his briefcase and coat then headed for the back staircase. He made it down to the emergency fire exit unseen where he quickly disconnected the fire alarm and left.

As promised an inconspicuous sedan was waiting for him. "Master Fox, it is a pleasure to see you again," Fyodorov greeted, holding the back door open for the agent.

Mulder recognized the man instantly; he had met him at Slava's Halloween party. The man bore a remarkable resemblance to Frohike. "Mr. Fyodorov, isn't it?"

"Yes. You remembered me," the clairvoyant replied, surprised.

Mulder met the driver's eyes through the rearview mirror. He was surprised that it wasn't a n'thral driving. There was another man sitting in the passenger seat. "I had expected Slava to send his n'thral guards to pick me up."

"No. The Tsar would not trust them in your presence without him here. But don't worry you are safe, Foteev and Talikov are sorcerers," Fyodorov responded, referring to the two men in the front seat. He was sitting next to Mulder in the backseat as the car drove toward the airfield.

Mulder set his briefcase on the seat between them. "Slava trusts you and these other two men with me?"

"No. But he knows that we fear the consequences if we should touch you inappropriately."

"What are the consequences?" Mulder asked.

"A slow and agonizing death. Tsar Nikolai loves you, he would kill anyone that harms or touches you. You hold his heart in your hands, Master Fox, he would do anything to make you happy."

"I don't love him, Fyodorov. What would make me happy is a cure for my partners, and being returned to them," Mulder grumbled sadly.

"You can learn to love him, I know, I've seen the future," Fyodorov assured the young man.

"You're a clairvoyant?" Mulder glanced out the window as the sedan drove through the gate at the airfield.

"Yes, you seem surprised," the little man commented.

"No, I should have figured, your double is a clairvoyant, too. Frohike told me the visions are mostly unreliable because there is never enough of the future shown to get an accurate reading, they are subject to interpretation," Mulder replied as the car parked next to a jet plane.

"I've found a way to channel my visions, which is a lot more reliable, but it still isn't perfect."

"Obviously not, if you actually think I could ever learn to love Slava," Mulder mumbled.

Fyodorov slid out of the car and followed Mulder toward the plane. Mulder hesitated at the bottom of the steps; he closed his eyes briefly and took a deep breath before walking up the steps to his new life.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Monday, February 7
3:30 p.m.

"Hi, Gabriel," Scully said, stepping into the kitchen. She grabbed the teakettle off the stove and filled it with fresh water.

"Hello, Dana." Hunter was busy at the kitchen counter cleaning and seasoning five chickens.

Scully leaned against the counter and watched Hunter for a few minutes. "It's quiet around here. Where is everyone?" she asked.

"Upstairs in the game room racing the babies."

Scully raised a delicate eyebrow at that remark. "What do you mean racing the babies? It sounds like something that should be illegal."

"Hey, it was Rory's idea. He thought it would be good exercise for the munchkins, and the babies seem to like the attention. He set up a small track across the game room and the first baby that crosses the finish line wins. Kim is up there with her two girls why don't you go and join them?"

"I wish that I could, but I have to be heading home in an hour and I still have some tests to run down in the lab. Has Mulder come home from the Hoover Building yet?" Scully asked, pouring the hot water into her teacup.

"No. Sullivan, Austin, and Pipino are suppose to be driving him home at four o'clock," Hunter informed her.

"Shoot, I wanted to see how he was doing before I left," Scully sighed. She left kitchen and headed back down to the lab.

Upstairs in the game room Walter and Tony knelt down on the carpet calling to their daughters.

//C'mon, Hope,// Skinner coaxed, trying to appear happy for his daughter's benefit, although his heart was breaking over losing Fox. Hope smiled at her father and crawled quickly across the room toward him, with Gracie Mari close behind followed by Emi Mercy. Faith sat at the starting line refusing to move. Her lower lip puffed out sullenly, beginning to quiver. As she looked dejectedly up at Alex, she started to cry.

Krycek felt miserable, not only did he lose Fox today, but also his own daughter hated him. He couldn't bear to see her unhappy.

Spender walked over and scooped her up in his arms. "It's okay, cutie, you don't have to play. C'mon, Uncle Jeff will take you downstairs and get you something to eat." Faith buried her face in Spender's shirt; her crying slowly petered off as her uncle carried her downstairs to the kitchen.

The telephone rang just as Spender entered the kitchen. Hunter wiped his hands on a towel and answered it. "Hunter."

"Gabriel, its Sullivan. We have a major problem here...we can't find Mulder...he's not in the building," Sullivan informed him anxiously.

"Damn it, Jack, how could he be snatched from under the noses of the FBI without anyone noticing?" Hunter snarled, thinking the worse.

"I don't know, but we're checking the video tapes from the security cameras now to see if we can find out what happened."

"I'll be down there in an hour to help in the search," Hunter replied, hanging up the telephone.

"Mulder isn't in the country any longer," Spender replied quietly, hugging Faith against his chest.

"What? What the *hell* do you know about this? If you've done something to Fox..., I'll..." Hunter stopped yelling when Faith started shrieking fearfully.

"Ssh, cutie, it's going to be okay," Spender soothed, looking up at Hunter. "Gabriel, I haven't done anything to Mulder. I would never harm him. I think you should talk to Frohike. I wanted to stop Mulder from going to Slava, but he wouldn't let me," he assured the older man softly as he rocked the baby back and forth in his arms trying to calm her.

Scully came racing back into the kitchen with Takeda hot on her heals. "Gabriel, its Mulder! He's gone...he turned himself over to Nikolai Slava for a cure to SBS," she blurted out frantically as she passed the emails that she had printed off Takeda's laser printer to Hunter.

Hunter scanned the letters, glowering angrily he called Sullivan back. After he had explained the situation to the FBI agent he hung up the telephone and turned to Scully and Takeda. "I think we need to have a family meeting and explain the situation to everyone. Is Melvin around? Because he has a lot of explaining to do."

"Frohike is at The Lone Gunman headquarters, maybe we should wait until he gets back," Spender suggested nervously, he didn't want to face the brunt of the family's anger alone. He shifted Faith in his arms so she could drink grape juice from the covered baby cup as Hunter considered his comment.

"Okay, Melvin should be here at dinnertime; we'll fill everyone in after dinner," Hunter replied.


St. Petersburg
Monday, February 7
11:30 p.m.

It was nighttime when Slava's private jet landed in St. Petersburg. The plane taxied over to a well-lit reception area, parking so its door was adjacent to the limousine sent to take Fox Mulder to the Winter Palace. The agent stared out the window in amazement at the sheer number of people waiting outside the gates to catch a glimpse of him.

After Slava's jet had left D.C. with Fox Mulder on board, word spread quickly throughout Russia of his pending arrival. The excitement of having an immortal married to their Tsar and the prospect of them producing baby girls together had energized the populace who had turned out in heavy numbers just to catch a glimpse of Mulder. They braved the ghoul-infested night for the opportunity to greet the man that would bring female children back to their country.

A large number of armed military personnel spanned out around the crowd to keep them at bay. Fyodorov and his two sorcerer escorts preceded Mulder off the plane, when Mulder appeared the crowd erupted in cheers.

Mulder was shocked; he had never experienced anything like it before. There were bands playing, men were screaming their love for him, and dancing and hugging each other in the freezing nighttime streets of St. Petersburg. He pulled his overcoat more protectively around him as he hurriedly made his way to the waiting limousine.

"I'm surprised that Slava would announce that I was coming here, let alone when I was arriving! Wasn't he at all concerned about my safety?" Mulder grumbled as he climbed into the limousine.

"The Tsar would never make such an announcement. It must have been spread through palace gossip. The Winter Palace has hundreds of employees working in it, and a rumor of this magnitude could be easily spread across Russia within mere hours," Fyodorov replied.

Mulder stared nervously out the window at the cheering crowd as the limousine as it drove past them. Fire blazed in steel trashcans keeping the enthusiastic crowd warm and safe. "Why are they so happy?" he asked.

Fyodorov sat up straight, his chest puffed out with pride at being seen sitting next to the beautiful immortal. "Master Fox, Russia has no immortals of her own, we have watched enviously as other countries have had female babies being born to them. Now with you here our people have hope for a brighter future."

"Fyodorov, I prefer to be called Mulder. The deal I made with Slava did not include my having children with him," he informed the little man.

"The official protocol book specifies that you are to be addressed as Master Fox. If you would like that changed you'll have to take it up with Tsar Nikolai, and the same goes for having children together, that is between you and the Tsar," Fyodorov stated as the limousine drove slowly around Palace Square.

"God," Mulder said breathlessly, staring at the massive cheering crowd that packed the square. The area was awash in light as fireworks shot up and explored over head adding to the noise.

"There is your new home, Master Fox." The little man pointed toward a large structure.

Mulder gaped at the immense three-story palace, which spanned several city blocks. He shuddered as they drove by dozens of tall steel spikes with the heads of humans and n'thrals adorning their tops.

"The Tsar rules our country with a firm but fair hand, he does not tolerate disobedience or traitors. The Russian people love the Tsar for it, he has restored order and law to this land. You will discover that Russia is one of the safest places on earth to live if you are a law abiding citizen," Fyodorov said.

"Does that mean that Slava has given up his slave trade and crime empire?" Mulder asked as the limousine pulled up in front of a red carpet that led to the arched entrance of the Winter Palace. Slava stood waiting at the top of the steps, behind him was Captain Mikhin his n'thral head of security.

"Master Fox, you'll have to ask him yourself," Fyodorov replied diplomatically.

Large n'thrals in fancy dress uniforms lined the both sides of the walkway leading up to the palace entrance, while the Russian military kept the crowd behind the roped off barrier on the other side of the street.

Mulder took a shaky breath as the car door was held open for him. Fyodorov took the briefcase from Mulder's hand, which was visibly shaking. The immortal smiled weakly at the little man then slowly climbed the steps toward Slava; his heart was pounding so loudly it drowned out the crowd, he felt like he was underwater and was finding it difficult to breath. The whole world seemed to zero in to only him and Slava as his eyes locked with the Tsar's hungry black pools, he watched as the larger man's tongue moistened his lips in anticipation. Mulder took the final step and stood passively before the handsome Cossack, he swallowed nervously and hoped he wouldn't pass out.

Slava stepped forward, pulled Mulder into his arms, and kissed him soundly in front of thousands of men who cheered their approval. Light bulbs flashed from cameras scattered throughout the square capturing the moment for posterity.

Mulder didn't know what he'd gotten himself into or how he'd ever get back to his lovers with all of Russia wanting him here. It had seemed so simple before he left, spending the agreed upon year with Slava then returning to Walter and Alex. Mulder chided himself; it was still worth it for the cure Slava offered. To have Walter and Alex healthy was all that mattered to him.

Slava broke the kiss, hugging the smaller man affectionately against his broad chest; he buried his face into the side of Mulder's throat breathing in his erotic spicy scent. "Moi Fox, finally you are here with me...I can't tell you how long I've been looking forward to this day."

Mulder knew he had to play this right from the beginning. He didn't want Slava to restrict his freedom by thinking he'd take the cure and flee. "Nikolai, I intend to uphold my end of our agreement -- I'm *yours* for a year in exchange for the cure for SBS," he replied, looking into the larger man's aroused face.

"And such a year it will be, moi krasivy Fox," Slava purred, leading him inside the opulent palace. Once inside he stopped and unbuttoned the agent's long, woolen coat and helped him out of it, passing it over to a servant waiting nearby.

The man bowed respectfully and rushed off with the coat.

Slava looked back at Fyodorov and his two sorcerers. "Fox, where are your daughters? I thought you were bringing them," he asked worriedly.

"No, I couldn't take Walter's and Alex's daughters away from them," Mulder replied.

"They are your daughters too, Fox," Slava said, recovering Mulder's briefcase from Fyodorov.

"Walter and Alex might accept losing me for a year, but they'd never tolerate losing their daughters, too."

Slava sighed, he would have to have his men rescue Fox's little girls if his scientists were not able to find a cure in time. "Fyodorov, Fox is tired so we are going to turn in for the evening, please advise the kitchen staff that we will be down for brunch at eleven o'clock."

"Yes, moi Tsar," the little man said bowing.

"Sla...Nikolai, I really would like to have the SBS drug sent to the U.S. before we turn in for the evening," Mulder said sweetly.

"Ssh, Fox, we will handle it tomorrow. Tonight is our first night together in over a year, I want to make love to you," Slava purred, taking Mulder's hands into his, he brought them to his lips and kissing his fingers.

Mulder bit back a sharp retort; it was the hardest thing he had ever done. He knew controlling his temper was not one of his strong points. With his lovers' lives hanging in the balance, it was all that he could do not to pull his gun on Slava and demand he get the fucking drug now. However, he had to play the part of a submissive, willing lover if he was going to be allowed free movement around the palace.

"Of course, Nikolai, tomorrow will be soon enough. It was selfish of me not to consider your needs first." Mulder looped an arm affectionately around the larger man's waist.

Slava felt his heart melting as he looked into Mulder's lovely, hazel eyes, and saw love within their depths. "You will be so happy here, Fox, I will give you the world! Anything that your heart desires all you have to do is ask." They walked arm in arm down the long corridors on the third floor of the palace until they came to a pair of large gilded doors with n'thrals standing guard before them. The guards snapped to attention and pulled the doors open for the two men.

"This is the royal apartment, it will be your home for the next year," Slava informed him. They stepped into an elegantly decorated foyer -- off to the right was an entertainment room, on the left was a wide hallway, and an elegant living room was straight ahead. "I had my workmen modernizing these quarters for us over the past six months."

Mulder looked at him in surprise. "For us? How did you know that I would be coming here?"

"Fyodorov saw you here in a vision, he really is a remarkable clairvoyant." Slava guided his lover down the long hallway. Mulder glanced into the rooms on both side of the hall as they passed -- all the rooms were decorated as children's bedrooms.

Slava stopped and noticed Mulder looking into one of their future daughter's bedrooms. He wanted to save the existence of their daughters as a surprise for him on the day of their birth. "The bedrooms are for our future daughters, Fox. I want to have a large family with you."

"I'm only going to be here a year, and I do not intend to have children with you," Mulder stated firmly.

"A lot can happen within a year, Fox." Slava caressed down his body his hand coming to rest over Mulder's flat stomach, the agent jumped away from him. Slava smiled innocently, as he shifted Mulder's briefcase to his other hand and pushed open the doors at the end of the hallway to enter their bedroom.

Mulder swallowed nervously as he entered the room; it felt like walking into a different world. The room resembled something out of a science fiction novel sleek and futuristic. It didn't fit in with the elegant, Old World dacor in the rest of the palace.

Slava walked over to a small table and placed Mulder's briefcase on it, picking up a remote control he went back over to Mulder's side and handed it to him, pointing out each button and what it controlled. "This is for the lights, television, fireplace, music, bar, massage table, restraints..."

"Restraints?" Mulder squeaked.

Slava pushed the button and a metal frame descended from ceiling, two sturdy rods on each side of the rectangle frame supported it. Inside the frame at each corner were leather wrist and ankle cuffs, and a leather harness that fastened around the waist and straps strung crosswise to hold a body immobile. Mulder noted that the frame was designed to support at least a six-foot body spread eagle above the ground.

When the frame was four feet above the ground, Slava swung the frame on its center pivots so it was vertical then lowered it the rest of the way to the floor. "I had it designed especially for you. Your wrists go into these cuffs, notice the fur lining, they're for your comfort. Once you're strapped in I fasten these straps over your body front and back, then when you're in the horizontal position it will be like floating on air," he said, swinging the frame back to its horizontal position.

"I really am not into B&D or S&M," Mulder announced backing away toward the door.

"Fox, have you ever tried bondage and domination games?" Slava questioned, pressing the buttoning and making the frame rise back up into the ceiling.

"No. And I have no desire to try them," Mulder hastened, disgust clearly showing on his face.

"Nonsense, Fox, you won't know if you'll like it until you give it a try. We'll play together later in the week." Slava went back over to Mulder's briefcase and opened it. He pulled out a framed photograph of Hope and Faith and studied it contently with the knowledge that his and Fox's genes would also produce many beautiful daughters together in the coming decades.

Slava carried the photograph over to a small counter that jutted out of the wall next to the bed, he placed it on the polished surface and faced it toward the bed. "Now, you'll be able to see your beautiful daughters every morning when you wake up."

The handsome Cossack smiled over at Mulder who was standing frozen by the doorway. He walked over to him and tenderly took his hand, leading Mulder across the room. "Come, Fox, I want to bathe and prepare your body for our love making."

"I'm tired, couldn't we just go to bed now?" the agent whined.

Slava gave him a tolerant smile. "Fox, I guarantee that you will feel invigorated when we're through."

The bathroom walls and floor were limestone and a fifteen-foot by ten-foot recessed tub took up half of the room. It resembled a pool more than a bathtub, it had a ledge inside for sitting, and the center was at least four feet deep. Slava started filling the tub while Mulder wandered around the room.

Mulder shivered when he got a good look at the shower, it was in a separate room off the main bath. The room was nine-feet by nine-feet, with a retractable showerhead hanging down from the center of the ceiling. What made him nervous, though, were the four coiled hoses that were attached to the wall, each one with an aluminum nozzle. Mulder recognized their intended function immediately; Alex had purchased a similar flared plug nozzle designed for giving enemas on one of his trips to California.

Mulder stepped into the room for a closer look. The floor in the shower was smooth stainless steel with one-inch, two-inch, and three-inch circular holes scattered randomly across its surface, but far enough apart to make walking on the surface comfortable. Beneath the steel grating was a six-inch circular drain in the center of a concrete floor. Along the wall an inch above and below the grating were water jets, Mulder knew the purpose of the jets was to wash any waste products off the surface and flush it down the drain.

"Efficient looking isn't it?" Slava purred into his ear, making the agent jump. "Each of the hoses are attached to separate tanks, each tank contains a different fluid. Have you ever had a coffee enema before, Fox?"

"Ah, no, only barium." Mulder trembled as Slava led him out of the shower and started to undress him.

"Mm, then you're in for a treat. I have a new age healer that prepares the various enema solutions for me; he is really an expert at his craft. He prepares bath and massage oils for me, too." Slava opened a chute next to the door and tossed each article of clothing down it, including Mulder's guns, badge, wallet, and finally his shoes, socks, and boxers. Then Slava proceeded to strip off his own clothes until he was equally as naked as his lover was.

"Come, moi love, I'll clean you out first then we'll share a bath," the larger man murmured pulling Mulder into the shower.

"Look, Nick, I'm not really big on enemas. What do you say we skip it, and go share that bath." Mulder rubbed up against the larger man and stroked Slava's immense cock causing it to swell even thicker under his fingertips in an attempt to dissuade the Cossack from giving him an enema.

"Fox, my name is Nikolai, don't bastardize it with your American abbreviation!" Slava pulled him forcefully into his arms and kissed him soundly, rubbing his hard groin against Mulder's belly. His knee insinuated itself between Mulder's legs spreading them apart as he deepened the kiss. Slava's hand sought out and found the bowl of lubricant that was on a ledge over the enema hoses, he dunked his fingers inside coating them. He then brought his hand down between Mulder's buttocks to his puckered opening; he eased an oiled finger inside, stretching him gently.

Mulder gasped into Slava's mouth and tried to pull away, knowing what the larger man had planned. He was no match for the large Cossack who tightened the hold on his body.

When Slava felt the ring of muscles relax around his finger; he pulled it out and dunked his fingers back into the oil then proceeded to lubricate one of the nozzles. He pulled the hose away from the wall, using one hand to spread Mulder's ass checks apart he positioned the nozzle against the agent's anus and pushed it slowly in until all six inches of nozzle were held firmly inside.

"Please, don't." Mulder wiggled frantically against Slava's chest as he felt the narrow end of the nozzle enter him. As it was forced deeper inside him, it widened stretching him further, it then became smaller where his opening closed around the rubber seal holding it inside.

"Ssh, love," Slava soothed, not loosening his steel grip on the smaller man's lithe body. His finger flipped the valve open and he watched the dial beside the hose measuring the amount of fluid he was pumping into his lover's bowels.

Mulder groaned and rested his head on Slava's shoulder as the cool liquid flooded into him. He felt his intestines and colon being filled and stretched uncomfortably, but Slava continued to fill him until he thought he would explode.

The larger man finally closed the valve. "We'll need to keep the fluid in for at least ten minutes. Fox, you can hold onto me if the cramping becomes too intense," Slava soothed, rubbing Mulder's back. His other hand stroked over Mulder's belly feeling the hard bulge from the amount of liquid he had pumped into him.

Mulder moaned, shifting his feet apart as the cramping began, and he heard a low rumbling coming from his belly as the liquid sloshed around his colon. He turned his head resting it on Slava's shoulder, catching a glimpse of himself in the full-length mirror on the wall outside the shower. He looked almost comical with the hose jutting out of his ass like a tail on some animal. He quickly turned his face away from his reflection, he broke out into a cold sweat. God, what had he gotten himself into? He tried to focus his mind on happy memories, without any success. His fingers dug into Slava's back as a severe cramp nearly doubled him over, it felt like he was being ripped apart inside.

"Ssh, Fox, it's going to be okay, just six more minutes to go."

"It's only been four minutes?" Mulder groaned; it felt like he'd been standing here for an hour already. Shit, he had a full year to put up with this abuse! He was going to go insane.

Slava chuckled. "Fox, you're not going to go insane...I promise that you'll get use to it, and even enjoy it after awhile. The last thing I ever want to do is cause you pain."

Mulder startled, under his duress he had forgotten to protect his thoughts from being read. He could not allow that to happen again. "Nikolai, believe me I will never come to like having a hose forced up my ass and a gallon of liquid pumped into me," Mulder hissed, through tightly clenched teeth.

"Fox, silly boy, it wasn't a gallon," Slava replied lightly, kissing the side of Mulder's face.

"God, has it been ten minutes yet!" Mulder groaned as his bowels cramped and rumbled painfully, he had to hold tighter to Slava to keep from sliding to the floor.

"Just about." Slava gently rubbed Mulder's back, turning him around so his ass faced the center of the room toward the drain. He then eased the nozzle out, pulling it away just as the younger man's bowels erupted spewing out their contents.

Mulder felt totally humiliated, he hung his head in embarrassment. The few enemas that he had given himself were done in private without either of his lovers present. Alex and Walter had requested several times to be allowed to give him one, but he was too embarrassed to allow them to.

Slava turned on the jets and the water sprayed over their legs and feet. The waste was washed off the metal surface and down to the surface below their feet, the jets from below soon washed all the waste down the drain. Slava pulled down the retractable showerhead and washed his lover's ass and legs.

"Fox, you have nothing to be embarrassed about. You are the most beautiful and sensuous man I have ever seen. Tomorrow I'll shave your body and you'll feel much better. Come, lover, our bath awaits."

Mulder glared angrily at him, but allowed Slava to lead him toward the bathtub. "I suppose it will do me no good to ask you not to shave my body?"

"Fox, you know how I feel about body hair, but I am happy that you have kept your groin smoothly shaved."

The bathtub was filled to six inches below the rim. The water had shut off automatically when the level had reached the overflow valve. Slava picked up a bottle of fragrant bath oil and poured its contents into the steaming water.

Mulder wondered how his family was handling his disappearance, as he stepped down into the bathtub. He wondered if Slava would allow him to contact them as he sat gingerly down on the ledge sinking into the hot water.

Slava sat across from him the water was up to his nipples. "Fox, you can call your family anytime you feel like it. I would never deny you contact with them, your happiness is important to me. All that I want is for you to uphold your end of our agreement."

"If you want to make me happy, please stay out of my thoughts," Mulder grumbled. He couldn't believe he'd allowed the shields guarding his thoughts to slip twice in less than fifteen minutes.

"Why? Fox, we have no secrets between us," Slava replied, sliding over to sit beside him.

"We all have thoughts that we would like to keep private. Even you, Nikolai, must have secrets that you don't want me to know," Mulder reasoned quietly.

Slava frowned. Did Fox know about his deception? He hoped that his scientists would find a cure for SBS before Fox found out that he had been lied to. For some reason, it was important to him to have Fox's respect. Slava would keep his lover here against his will if he had to, but he didn't want to do that. He wanted Fox to stay here of his own freewill, he was sure that after their agreed upon year was up that Fox would return his love. Moreover, Fox would never be able to leave his seven daughters.

"Yes, you're right, moi love, there are certain things about me that I wouldn't want you to know. So, I will try to refrain from invading your thoughts." Slava leaned forward and kissed Mulder affectionately on the cheek, grasping his lover's hand he leaned back in the steamy water and relaxed contentedly.

Mulder sighed and sunk lower into the water, he had won two concessions from the Cossack, maybe he should try for three. "Nikolai, I need you to do something for me," he asked hesitantly.

"Anything, krasivy," Slava purred, running a soapy hand over Mulder's chest.

"I have a physical condition that you're probably aware of," Mulder replied cautiously, hoping the larger man was aware of the recent news involving immortals because he really didn't want to go into detail explaining his condition.

Slava rested a hand over Mulder's bellybutton. "That you're able to become pregnant?"

"Ah, yes. You mentioned that you didn't want to hurt me, I thought, you should be aware of a side-effect of my...condition. If I don't take an anti-pheromone drug that is keyed to my lovers' DNA they will go into a sexual frenzy the nearer I get to my cycle."

"Fox, you're afraid that I will lose control and injure you?"

"I know you will."

"Very well, Fox, I will have my agents in D.C. retrieve the process for making this anti-pheromone drug from your doctor. Then my scientist can replicate the drug using my DNA. Moi love, I meant it when I said that I didn't want to hurt you." He pulled the agent onto his lap and leaned back into the hot water content just to hold his lover again.

Mulder sighed, relaxing against Slava's chest, another worry had been resolved, and not for the life of him could he figure out the handsome Cossack.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Monday, February 7
8:30 p.m.

It was still evening back in the U.S. when Frohike nervously stepped into the family room. The whole family was present as were Dana Scully and her husband, Doctor Jonathan Carter. The family, including Scully, were lost in their own thoughts and looked up imploringly at Frohike as he entered the room.

"Melvin, what happened to Mulder? Why did he leave us?" Schatz asked sorrowfully, breaking the silence. Mulder was his best friend and confidante, he told the agent everything. Schatz couldn't believe he was gone.

They all knew that Mulder had gone to Slava, but the reason behind him abandoning his lovers and daughters was still unclear to some of them. Moreover, why Frohike and Spender didn't try to stop Mulder from going had them all baffled and angry.

"Slava offered Mulder a cure for SBS if he agreed to live with him. Mulder sacrificed himself for his lovers' health, and the wellbeing of everyone in this household. He didn't want to leave us, but he had no choice," Frohike said.

"Melvin, you had a choice! You could have stopped him from going to Slava!" Hunter growled.

"No! I couldn't do that! Don't you understand that if Mulder didn't go to Slava it would have changed the future? A future where we are all happy and healthy," Frohike assured.

"What about Fox? Is he happy in this future of yours?" Hunter questioned bitterly.

"I know that he'll be back with Walter and Alex at some point, but then he'll return to Slava again. I can't see enough of the future to know for sure what's going on or how long Mulder is with Slava each time," Frohike sighed, sinking down on the sofa next to his lover. "Gabriel, what's important is that everyone in this household is saved by his actions. Slava will send a cure for SBS now."

Scully looked disdainfully at the little man. "Damn it, Frohike, Nikolai Slava is a sadist! The man deals in human flesh, he's going to seriously hurt Mulder!"

"Scully, you don't know that for sure, we need the cure that Slava offers," Frohike argued.

"Frohike, have you even considered that Slava might not have a cure? Maybe Shin and I develop the cure. We are making great progress, hopefully we'll find a cure without Slava's help," Scully snapped.

//If Slava doesn't have a cure, I'm going to wring that little troll's neck,// Krycek growled.

//Alex, Melvin's heart was in the right place. He really believed all the evidence that he had pointed to Slava being responsible for our recovery and for all we know he could be right,// Skinner sighed. //After we're cured, we'll bring Fox back home, until then there is nothing we can do but watch and wait.//

//Walter, this is driving me insane! I can't take much more of this! And what did Frohike mean that Mulder goes back to Slava again?// Krycek exclaimed.

//Melvin had a vision that showed Fox on the floor reading to several beautiful little girls and Slava was there. Alex, this isn't easy on me either. We just have to make do and find ways to pass the time,// Skinner replied.

//If only we could be in Russia with Fox!// Krycek snarled. They had discovered that they could not get any further than five hundred yards from their bodies. When they had tried, they hit an invisible barrier preventing them from going any further.

//I'm sort of glad we aren't. I couldn't bare to see Slava touching him. Alex, it's better that we're here with our daughters.//

//Well, at least the mouse still loves you. I can't take the accusatory looks Faith keeps giving me.// Krycek looked over at his daughter who was curled up sleeping on Spender's lap.

//She'll get over it, Alex,// Skinner assured and went back to listening in on their friends' conversation.

Duffy, who had been standing quietly in the corner holding Hope, spoke for the first time. "I think you're all underestimating Mulder, he is a smart and resourceful man, he knows what he's doing."

"Duffy, you don't know Mulder like I do, he often leaps into the fire without thinking about the consequences first. I had to save his butt from getting burned on a number of occasions when he rushed off foolishly on his own," Scully replied, hotly.

"With all due respect, Dana. Mulder doesn't strike me as a fool. His willingness to put friends and lovers before his own welfare is a sign of an honorable and brave man," Duffy grumbled.

"I'm sorry, I didn't phrase that right. I didn't mean to imply that Mulder was a fool because he isn't, but he is reckless with his own safety and wellbeing," Scully replied firmly.

"I haven't known Mulder long enough to comment on his being reckless with his own life. I do believe this family does tend to underestimated him," Duffy replied gruffly.

Gabriel Hunter sighed. "Can we please stop the squabbling, Fox is gone and we have to figure out a way to get him back. Does anyone here speak Russian or have any knowledge of the country? Rory, what about you? Do you have any contacts over there?"

"Sorry, Gabriel, I've never been to Russia. We could contact Walter's relatives, they might be able to help. Anton Danko used to work for the FSB, he may still have contacts over there," MacIver offered.

"That's a good idea, Rory," Hunter replied. "Does anyone else have any suggestions?"

Duffy looked thoughtful. "I can't see our government allowing Nikolai Slava to keep Mulder without trying to get him back by force if necessary."

"I'm sure our government will lodge a severe protest with the Russian government. Let's face it, though, with a majority of our sorcerers incapacitated by SBS there is nothing we can do militarily to get him back without losing a lot of men in the process," Hunter replied.

"So we're on are own then," Blaise sighed tiredly. "Maybe we should wait and see if Slava really does have a cure."

"The chances of that man actually having a cure are zero to none," Scully grumbled. "And even if he had one, he'd never turn it over to us, let alone the U.S. government."

"I'll contact Anton in the morning. Until then why don't we sleep on it, maybe things will look brighter in the morning," Hunter said, standing he headed out of the room.

The Scotsman stood up. "Things will look brighter after a pint of ale. Kazuo, can I bring you back one?" MacIver asked, heading for the butler's pantry.

"Sure, Rory."

"Hey, old man, bring me one, too," Takeda shouted.

"Sorry, love, not in your condition. Doctor Carter has made it perfectly clear to me that you should not be drinking," MacIver shouted from the other room.

Takeda glared at the young, black doctor, who was holding his wife's hand.

Doctor Carter smiled back at him. "Hey, it was your idea to have a baby, Shin, you do want it to be perfect, now, don't you?"

"Yeah, I suppose."

Scully stood and retrieved Hope from Duffy. "Jonathan, are you sure that you're all right with me staying here?"

"Yes, Dana, you did promised Mulder that you'd help look after his daughters if anything happened to him," he replied gently. "Scott and I will come out tomorrow to see how you're doing." He kissed her softly, then said goodnight to the others and left.

Scully cuddled the baby in her arms, kissing Hope's forehead. "Jeff, can you help me put them to bed?"

"Sure, Dana. I'd better anyway, Faith isn't allowing anyone to hold her but me," he said, following Scully out of the room.

The other men all departed for their own rooms. Duffy wandered around the mansion making sure it was secure for the night. He shut off all of the lights as he made his way downstairs to his room.


St. Petersburg
Tuesday, February 8 4:00 a.m.

Slava savored every inch of Mulder's body, which laid exhaustedly underneath him. He couldn't get enough of him as he slowly sucked on the younger man's nipple until it was a taut, hard pebble. Mulder's back arched off the bed as he moaned with arousal, his body again betraying him.

Mulder never felt so spent, he was sore all over, and Slava was again teasing his painfully abused nipples for the umpteenth time this evening. He shifted slightly, trying to get off the wet spot under his ass. Mulder couldn't take another fucking from the larger man; his anus was on fire from the relentless pounding it had taken. He had never been filled so fully by another man's come, even Walter and Alex together didn't fill him this much. It seemed that Slava had been saving himself for months. "Nikolai, please, no more...hurts. Please, let me sleep...need sleep," he begged pitifully.

Slava pressed his bulging organ against his lover's hip. "Mm, Fox, moi krasivy little Fox, just once more then I'll let you sleep," he purred, reaching down he caressed Mulder's ass lovingly.

Mulder cringed in pain. "No, not there," he yelped then reluctantly placed Slava's hand over his navel. "Here if you must."

Slava beamed down at him and captured his lover's kiss-swollen lips in another deep possessive kiss. He broke the kiss and moved up Mulder's body placing the tip of his cock against the younger man's navel. Slava had wanted to have sex through this new orifice since Fox's birthday, but he didn't want to do it without his young lover's permission -- such was his love for him.

He slammed quickly in and screamed as the agent's internal muscles tightly clenched and squeezed his cock. Never had he experienced such intense pleasure, the fluids from Fox's body caused his organ to harden even more. Slava couldn't remember being happier in his whole life. *Mine.* Fox was finally his and no one was ever going to take him away from him.

Mulder again found himself in the land of crystals and flowers. King Xowolfe smiled happily when he saw his beloved. It had been weeks since his beautiful mate's last visit. "Fox, you have returned to me," he said, flying down to the young man's side.

"Xowolfe, I'm beginning to think this is more than just a mere hallucination," Mulder replied, looking into the beautiful Seraphim's bright emerald green eyes.

Both Mulder and Xowolfe jumped at the gruff angry voice behind them. "This isn't a hallucination, Fox," Slava snarled, pulling Mulder protectively into his arms.

King Xowolfe's eyes flashed with anger and he went into a rage seeing the strange man who was touching his beloved. "How dare you! Take your filthy hands off my life mate!" he snapped and tried to attack the human, but his hands passed right through the sorcerer.

"You're wrong, Fox is mine! I will never allow you to lay a finger on him," Slava growled. He pushed out with his mind, throwing the being into the nearby pond. Slava was about to strike out again when both he and Fox were pulled back into their bodies.

Both men lay shaking and quivering. After they had calmed down from their subsequent orgasms, Mulder trembled against Slava's chest. "God, that was real...I thought it was some weird dream."

"Don't worry, Fox, I'll never allow that creature to touch you," Slava soothed, kissing the top of Mulder's head then hugging the trembling body in his arms tighter.

Mulder's heart was racing a mile a minute; his mind was whirling with the implications of his new discovery. "Nikolai, I always believed that the gray aliens released the virus on our planet, I think I was wrong."

"Fox, you think that creature was behind killing all of the females on this planet?"

"Yeah, I do." Mulder relaxed into the comfort and protection of the larger man's warm embrace. "Every time that I was transported to that world Xowolfe would refer to me as his life mate. I think that I would have belonged to him, had their invasion had gone as planned," he replied tiredly, hardly able to keep his eyes open any longer.

"Well, their invasion failed and you're my lover now. We'll have to figure out a way to prevent you from coming into contact with this creature again." Slava looked down lovingly at the young man cuddled in his arms. Mulder had fallen asleep.


Deep Space
Planet Empyrean

King Xowolfe stood slowly. He was furious. He was also dripping wet -- no one had ever laid a hand on him before. He angrily trudged out of the shallow pond, wanting revenge against that insolent human for both his bruised dignity and for touching his property. How had that human been able to touch him? His hand only passed straight through that being's body.

Several Minotaur soldiers came rushing over to his side as he stepped out of the pond. They had the heads of a bulls coupled with human-like, massive, muscular bodies. They had witnessed their king being thrown into the pond by some unseen force.

"My lord, what happened?" the soldier asked.

"Get me General Xobonoa at once!" the king shouted.

"Yes, my lord," the soldier bowed then hurried off to find the king's general.

Several minutes passed before the Seraphim general came rushing to the king's side, followed closely by the Minotaur.

"My King, what is wrong?" Xobonoa asked.

"General Xobonoa, how is our campaign against Earth going?" Xowolfe snapped.

"My King, the Earth's defenses have been reinforced since our last failed attack. They are using this new race of sorcerers to shore up their defenses, consequently the Earth is virtually impregnable now," the general told him nervously.

"Xobonoa, it is vital that I get my life mate off that planet! I expect you to focus your full attention on accomplishing that feat!"

"My King, I need more information about your life mate. Where on the Earth can he be found?" the general asked. Only the king had seen the immortal that he claimed to be his mate.

"We still have servants upon the earth, acquire my mate's location from them. My mate goes by the name Fox Mulder. Don't fail me, Xobonoa."

"Never, my King." The seraphim bowed low then rushed off to attend to his king's orders.


Chapter 5 - A Long Cold February

St. Petersburg
Tuesday, February 8 10:00 a.m.

Golden sunlight streamed in through the sheer fabric covering the tall windows casting a warm glow across the bedroom as Slava lovingly watched Mulder sleep. He had pulled down the bedcovers so he could admire his young lover's perfect body; he was feeling extremely giddy that his Fox was finally home. He gazed over long, toned limbs, an elegant throat, and dark, dusty nipples standing pert in the chilly bedroom. His eyes wandered lower to Fox's navel. It held a pleasant fascination for him; he saw no outward sign that it was anything but a navel. The little swelling and redness that had affected the area after they had had sex had long since disappeared. He studied the smooth, flat planes of his lover's belly, wondering what it would look like ripened with his child inside. Oh yes, his Fox was going to have his baby -- that would be the ultimate bond between them, sealing his beautiful lover to him for all of eternity. He had been keeping up with the world news involving the pregnant immortals, all the while worrying about his Fox being impregnated by another man's seed.

Mulder stirred rolling over on his side, his hand absently fumbled for the blankets. Not finding them, he sighed, and peered through heavy lids at Slava who was sitting smugly propped up against the headboard. Mulder's stomach growled. "Timesit," he mumbled.

"Time to get up and dressed for brunch, sleepy head," Slava purred affectionately.

"God, I'm hungry," Mulder said, sitting up slowly, relieved that most of the soreness was gone.

"How are you feeling, moi love?" Slava asked, slipping out of bed. He walked around to Mulder's side and helped him to his feet.

"Fine, but I could use a hot shower and *only* a shower," Mulder replied firmly.

"Don't worry, moi love, your virtue is safe for now. I don't want you smelling of sex outside of these rooms, it would drive my n'thral guards crazy," Slava said. Following Mulder into the shower he turned on the overhead spray, grabbed a washcloth and a bar of soap, and started washing his lover's sleek body.

"You should have them take the drug my friend invented, it eliminates their sex drive, and even dampens their revulsion to females," Mulder blurted out without thinking.

"Really, Fox? That would solve a lot of my problems, and I wouldn't even have to worry about making love to you around the palace. I'll have my agents retrieve it at the same time they get the formula for your anti-pheromone drug." He smiled dreamily. "I really would like to reenact that netsuke I sent you for your Thanksgiving celebration," he purred, kissing the side of Mulder's throat and trailing the washcloth down to the agent's groin.

Mulder silently cursed himself as he stood passively allowing the large Russian to wash his most private areas. "Speaking of drugs, Nikolai, when are you planning to send the SBS cure to my government?"

"Tomorrow, moi love, I need to have my scientists transcribe their notes into English," he lied.

Mulder shoved him away, glaring angrily at the larger man. "You told me you'd send it today! Are you reneging on the deal we made?" he snapped.

Slava fumed inwardly; he wasn't used to being talked to that way. "No, moi love, I am not reneging. My scientists require additional time to transcribe their notes. You wouldn't want them to mess up, now would you?" he asked through clenched teeth, pulling the angry young man back against his chest.

"Can I meet your scientists and see this drug?"

"Of course, Fox, but it will have to wait until tomorrow we have a busy schedule today."

Mulder held his tongue. He sensed that Slava was lying, but he wasn't sure if he was lying about having the drug or hedging on his promise to send the drug to the U.S. Mulder didn't dare call him on it just yet because he wanted to get the routine of the large palace down first. He already had the palace's floor plan memorized from a book he found in their library back home, it showed 'The Winter Palace' when it was still a museum. If he found out Slava was lying, then he'd be in a better position to escape and return to his family. He had to keep a tight grip on his temper, and convince Slava that there was no reason to worry about him escaping.

Slava sighed inwardly when Fox didn't press the issue. His Fox seemed tamer since the last time they were together. He wondered if Walter Skinner was the reason why. Had the man managed to teach Fox some obedience and patience? If so, he would add a couple of million onto the monetary settlement he was going to send Skinner in exchange for Fox. To cover the additional cost of training, he chuckled. He would have to test Fox to see how well he'd been trained.

"Now you can wash me, Fox," Slava said, handing Mulder the washcloth.

Mulder stared at Slava's handsome face as he ran the soapy cloth over his muscular biceps. Something had struck the Russian as funny. Mulder frowned and quickly ran the washcloth over Slava's hairless muscular body, wanting to get it over with as fast as possible. He swore inwardly when the Tsar's cock thickened and lengthened to its full twelve inches. However, it offered him the perfect opportunity to show Slava just what a devoted and passive lover he was. Smiling up at the large Cossack from his knees, Mulder gently kissed the head of the leaking cock guiltily savoring the mild tasting pre-cum. He peered up at Slava through thick lashes as if seeking approval, he used the washcloth to stroke and jerk the large organ while his mouth sucked and licked its head.

The Tsar's fingers laced through Mulder's damp hair holding him in place, while his other finger traced around Mulder's full lips, stretched apart by his cock. "Oh, moi beloved, you are truly a priceless treasure," he moaned, melting into the immortal's worshipping, hazel eyes.

With his other hand Mulder rolled and squeezed Slava's heavy balls as his tongue teased open his urethra. He applied just enough pressure and suction on the small slit, to cause the larger man to come hard. Mulder couldn't keep up with the flow of semen. He tilted his head back after Slava had stopped coming and allowed the shower spray to wash the milky fluid off his chin and chest.

Slava hauled him to his feet and into a passionate kiss, mashing him tightly against his broad chest. "Mine. You're all mine," he sighed into the younger man's mouth.

They finished their shower and slowly dried each another. The Tsar paying extra attention to the younger man's thick, chestnut hair, using his powers to dry it quickly. He ran his fingers through it fascinated by its wispy silkiness. They finished by shaving and brushing their teeth.

Slava then guided Mulder across the bedroom to the far wall and pressed a button. The wall opened to reveal an enormous walk-in closet.

Mulder cautiously followed the larger man inside. The closet was twice the size of his bedroom back home.

"This is your side of the closet, Fox," Slava informed Mulder, guiding him over to row upon row of elegant clothing and shoes. He pulled open several drawers, showing the younger man where his socks and underwear were stored. "My tailor custom-made all your outfits using only the finest fabrics."

Mulder didn't see any jeans or casual attire among the clothing. "Do you have anything a little less formal that I can wear?" he asked, rummaging through the underwear drawer until he located a pair of silk boxers underneath the countless thongs.

Slava snatched the boxers away and selected a leather thong instead, and he knelt down raising Mulder's feet one at a time, slipping the thong on him and up his long, toned legs. The larger man tenderly adjusted his lover's cock and balls in the leather sling, then made sure the string was nestled comfortably between the younger man's smooth butt cheeks.

"Fox, you have a status to maintain now. It wouldn't be appropriate for you to dress like a commoner. You are my prince, my lover, and hopefully soon, my husband." Slava spent some time caressing his lover's bare buttocks, before selecting an elegant black suit, silk dress shirt, and a silk tie for Mulder to wear.

"Nikolai, I already have two husbands, three would be a little bit of an overkill," Mulder quipped, trying to make light of the larger man's remarks.

"Of course, you'd need to get divorced from them first, which as the Tsar I can easily arrange."

"You seem to keep forgetting that I'm only going to be with you a year! At the end of that time I *will* be returning home to my family!" Mulder snapped. He pulled on the clothing Slava had handed him.

"Moi Fox, if you still wish to leave me after our year is up, so be it, I won't stop you. However, I believe that by the end of that time you will love me as much as I love you." Slava caressed the side of Mulder's face, staring deeply into his beautiful hazel eyes as his thumb traced circles around the immortal's pouty lower lip.

Mulder blushed; he was embarrassed that Slava's gentle touch was sending bolts of arousal straight to his groin. It distressed him the number of times that the Cossack had made him come last night; he did not want to feel pleasure from anyone but Alex and Walter.

Slava reluctantly pulled away and went to get dress. "Come, Fox, finish dressing. Our guests are waiting to meet you."

"Nikolai, you mentioned that I could call my family. I would like to do that before we go down to eat."

"Moi love, we are seven hours ahead of D.C. it would only be four o'clock in the morning there. Maybe it would be better if you waited until after brunch," Slava advised softly.

"Yeah, I forgot about the time difference. I wouldn't want to wake them too early. If you'll allow me to call them after we eat that should be soon enough," Mulder sighed.

"Fox, you don't have to ask my permission to call them. You can use any telephone in this apartment, if you want privacy there's a phone in the entertainment room."

"Thank you, Nikolai."


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Tuesday, February 8 4:00 a.m.

Scully tiredly laid her head on the pillow; she was finally able to close her eyes and willed herself to sleep. Faith had just fallen asleep nestled in her arms after spending most of the night crying despondently. Hope had been a problem earlier, but she quieted down once Mulder's old Oxford sweatshirt was spread on the bottom of her crib. She breathed in the baby's scent as she held her. Scully's hand wandered down to her own belly and wondered what her child would be like. Her hand fell away as sleep finally claimed her.

//I thought she'd never get Faith to sleep,// Krycek grumbled, staring at the two small figures sleeping in the middle of their large king-sized bed.

//Ssh, Alex, keep your voice down, you'll wake her,// Skinner scolded.

//Sorry, that would not be good,// Krycek replied sadly.

//No, it wouldn't be, Alyosha. Her crying is loud enough to wake the dead, literally.//

Both men turned toward the sound of the lilting female voice.

//Mother?//

//Yes, Alyosha,// Aleksandra replied, watching both of her sons lovingly.

Skinner stood frozen in place. It had been over forty years since he had last seen his mother.

//Why are you here, Mother?// Krycek asked.

//My granddaughters needed me, so I came,// the beautiful ghost replied.

//What do you mean?// Skinner asked, finally finding his tongue.

//My dear, they need your touch as well as your love. I'm here to show you how to touch them,// Aleksandra said.

//Mother, they needed that for over a week, why have you waited until now to come?// Krycek questioned.

//Alyosha, it is difficult for me to enter your world. I come now because Fox is gone and the others cannot give your children the love they crave. Only you and Vladimir can give them that.//

//Mother, please show me how to touch my daughter so she stops hating me,// Krycek begged.

//Precious, Faith doesn't hate you. She's only hurt that you won't pick her up and love her.//

//Show me how, Mother, please.//

//It is really very simple. Push out with your heart, instead of trying to pull in the energy around you. The energy already exists deep inside of both of you.//

//Is that all?// Skinner asked, flabbergasted; it seemed so simple. They had been trying unsuccessfully to harness the energy around them so they could use their sorcerer powers when the power already inside of them.

Faith stirred on the bed and started whimpering softly. Alex went over to her side and tried what his mother suggested, this time, instead of his hand passing through his daughter it made physical contact. //Ssh, cutie, daddy's here, we don't want to wake Auntie Dana,// Alex soothed as he lovingly brushed the hair away from his daughter's eyes.

The baby rolled away from Scully's body, and held up her little arms wanting to be picked up. She grinned happily when her daddy finally held her lovingly in his arms. "Dadda alek," she cooed.

Alex kissed the top of her head hugging her securely against his chest. //Thanks, Mother.// He grinned happily as Aleksandra smiled gently, then vanished.

//Walter, what?// Krycek asked, noticing the perplexed look on the older man's face.

//I've waited forty years to see her again...I just wished she would have stayed longer.// Skinner sighed and headed toward the nursery to see Hope.


St. Petersburg
Tuesday, February 8 11:00 a.m.

The Winter Palace was bustling with activity as Slava led Mulder toward the dining hall. Servants prostrated themselves as they passed then scurried about on their daily tasks. Two n'thral guards opened the doors to the dining hall for them, inside was assembled Slava's upper echelon.

All the men present immediately rose from their seats and bowed respectfully toward their Tsar. Slava wrapped an arm around Mulder's waist. "Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce Fox Mulder. He is to be shown the same respect and loyalty as am I."

Mulder gazed over the faces of the assembled men; most were wearing stylish uniforms heavily decorated or elegant suits. Fyodorov was there, looking nervous and out of place, there was a Japanese man standing next to him, who also looked out of place among the fancy dressed Russians, but appeared calm and at ease.

Slava guided him around the room making introductions. Mulder soon discovered that all of the men were sorcerers, and that they were being trained as part of Slava's elite guard. They finally made their way over to Fyodorov and the Japanese man.

"Fox, I'd like you to meet Masataka Izumi. He's the palace's resident artist," Slava said proudly.

"Master Fox, it is a pleasure to finally meet you," Izumi replied, shaking the proffered hand.

"You're the artist who does the netsuke carving, aren't you?" Mulder asked.

"Yes. The Tsar has promised that you'd be able to model for the next one. It would make it easier to get the details right."

Mulder frowned. "Sorry, but I'm not really comfortable with the idea of posing for one of your carvings, Mr. Izumi." Something about the man was ringing a bell in his head. He had heard the name before.

"Nonsense, Fox. Izumi is a professional. There's nothing to be embarrassed about. Besides, I'll be posing with you," Slava replied.

Fyodorov frowned, noticing Mulder visibly cringe over Slava's callousness. He had discovered last night that it wasn't any fun spying on the two men. He had come away feeling dirty and saddened by the Tsar's treatment of the beautiful immortal. It didn't even occur to Slava that he was being abusive, and treating the younger man as a possession, not as the loving partner that the Tsar professed him to be. Unless Slava changed his ways, this relationship was doomed to fail.

"Moi Tsar, maybe it would be advisable to allow Master Fox to become comfortable with his new life here and with Mr. Izumi, before subjecting him to posing nude in front of him," Fyodorov suggested cautiously.

Mulder smiled appreciatively at the little man, which didn't go by Slava unnoticed. It angered the Tsar that his lover would waste a smile on the little insignificant troll. Fox hadn't even smiled at him like that, yet.

He leveled the little man was a cold stare. "Fyodorov, it would do you good to remember your place. You are a clairvoyant and nothing more! Remember, there are still several empty shafts in front of the palace, one of which is just waiting for your head to adorn it," the large man growled.

"Moi Tsar, please accept my humble apologies. I never meant to be disrespectful," Fyodorov groveled, wringing his hands nervously together.

"I'll overlook your insubordination this one time, Fyodorov. I suggest that you take yourself out of my sight immediately," Slava replied hotly.

"Yes, moi Tsar." The little man bowed respectfully then quickly scurried away.

Mulder felt sorry for Fyodorov, he seemed to want Slava's approval so badly. "Nikolai, he didn't mean anything by it, and he's right, I would like to become more familiar with my new home first," Mulder stated, watching Fyodorov's retreating back.

"My love, you need to become acquainted with the world's new social order," Slava replied as he guided Mulder over to a seat at the large banquet table. With a nod of his head, the other men took their assigned places at the table. "Immortals are on the top of the earth's social structure because of your rarity, beauty, and ability to provide the world with healthy female offspring. Next are sorcerers. We are both physically and mentally superior to any other race that has ever existed on earth. Clairvoyants, humans, and n'thrals are all subservient to us and need to be taught their proper places; we are the new leaders of this world," Slava said, signaling the servants to start serving.

"I don't agree, Nikolai. We are all part of the human race and should be accorded the same respect and dignity," Mulder argued. His attention wavered as a servant dished a couple of seafood filled crepes onto his plate and another dribbled a white sauce over it.

"That is utter nonsense, Fox, we have evolved above them. Humans are no more our equals than apes are to them," Slava replied, signaling the servant over with the champagne.

"You aren't seriously comparing humans to apes, are you? Nikolai, that is a little farfetched! A great percentage of humans are far more intelligent than your average sorcerer," Mulder scoffed, cutting into the crepe.

Slava realized that he wasn't going to win this argument, and he didn't like having his opinions challenged, even by his lover. "Fox, if you would like to put your assertions to a test that humans are our equals I'll be happy to oblige you. Pick out five of my human servants and one sorcerer at this table. If the sorcerer doesn't succeed in killing all five humans in under a minute then I will concede that you are right. If he does kill all five than you will admit that I am right, that is of course, unless you want to concede that point right now?"

Mulder's face drained of color, he had forgotten how ruthless Slava could be. "No, I'll admit that you are right that sorcerers are superior to humans," he replied weakly.

"I thought you'd see things my way, Fox," Slava smiled, patting Mulder's arm affectionately.

Izumi had been following their conversation and sympathized with Mulder, he had long ago realized his place in Slava's palace. As a human, he had quickly learned never to question the Tsar or to talk without being spoken to first. It didn't matter that Slava cherished his artwork or held him in high regard; he was still a human in the Cossack's eyes.

Mulder spent several minutes quietly eating, he muttered his thanks to each of the servants that added some new delicacy to his plate. His eyes looked over at Izumi; he was trying to figure out why the man seemed so familiar to him when it finally occurred to him. "Mr. Izumi, do you have any relatives?" he asked.

"Yes, Master Fox, I have a nephew, my sister's son. I haven't seen him in over two years, since the virus was released, I just wish I knew if he was okay," Izumi sighed.

"What does your nephew do?" Mulder asked, although he already knew the answer.

"He's a major in the Japanese army. I've been worried about him with the current skirmishes going on between Japan and Asia," Izumi replied solemnly.

Mulder smiled softly. "Your nephew's name wouldn't happen to be Kazuo Sawada, would it?"

"Yes, it is. How did you know?" Izumi asked, amazed. How could the American immortal have heard of his nephew?

"He's a very close friend of mine, and he's been worried about you, too," Mulder replied.

"Please, can you tell me more? I haven't talked to him since I've been here," Izumi asked anxiously. Although, they hadn't seen each other since the virus, they had kept in contact by telephone.

Slava silently listened to their conversation. He knew all about Major Sawada, but he hadn't known the man was related to his artist. He wondered if there would be a way that he could use the information to his advantage.

"Did you know that he is a sorcerer?" Mulder asked.

"No, I didn't. Is he very good?" Izumi was surprised by this news.

"He's one of the best. Kazuo lives in the United States with his immortal lover Shinji Takeda, they have a beautiful baby girl named Ayako," Mulder informed him.

Izumi's mouth hung open in shock, he couldn't picture his straight as an arrow nephew involved sexually with another man, let alone an immortal. His heart was racing with excitement; he took a deep breath and got his emotions under control. "Ayako was my sister's name. Master Fox, please, tell me about Shinji Takeda?"

"He's a remarkable young man, you would like him. Shin's highly intelligent, compassionate, and fun loving. We live together on a large country estate an hour drive from Washington D.C. Kazuo and Shinji have forty-nine other daughters that were placed with families back in Japan. The Japanese government would like them to have more babies," Mulder said.

"I'm having a very hard time picturing my nephew with this man. Kazuo is a very old fashioned and regimented young man; he's not very open to new ideas or alternative life styles. I could never tell him that I was gay; it would have been too hard for him to accept. So you see, the whole concept that my nephew could be living with another man, much less an immortal, is just hard for me to grasp," Izumi replied. He would give anything to see his nephew and his nephew's new family.

"Maybe someday you'll be able to visit them," Mulder replied.

Izumi looked sadly down at his plate. He was still Slava's slave. A highly pampered slave, but still a slave. "I don't think that would be possible."

Mulder studied the man's sad face, and he no longer had to wonder if Slava still dealt illegally in slaves. He now knew that he did. It was apparent that he was holding Izumi against his will, and Mulder was determined to secure the older man's freedom.

Slava rightly guessed the look outrage on his lover's face. "Fox, Izumi belongs to me. His work here is far more important than his previous life of a vagabond," he stated arrogantly.

"Nikolai, he's a Bohemian artist! There's a big difference between that and calling him a tramp," Mulder growled angrily.

"Regardless, Fox, he is my slave, and I take good care of him, he's well fed, clothed, and has a comfortable place to sleep. All that I expect in return is for him to continue to make his beautiful carvings and paintings for me."

"Are the servants here your slaves, too?"

"No, of course not. Fox, they're Russian citizens only foreigners can become slaves in this country, it has been written into law," Slava replied indifferently.

"So, you're still dealing in slaves?"

"Fox, my pet, I no longer have time to deal in slaves. However, slavery is no longer illegal here or in most countries throughout the world. Slaves are becoming a major part of the world's workforce. Unlike the U.S., most countries need to purchase men because they don't have them streaming into their countries voluntarily like the U.S. does."

"If those countries weren't run by dictators, thugs, and monsters, they wouldn't have men fleeing from them in the first place," Mulder countered.

"Fox, in spite of how much I enjoy debating this issue with you. I don't think it's an appropriate subject to discuss at the dinner table," Slava replied, ending their conversation.

Sighs of relief from the other guests could be heard as normal conversation resumed around the table. Mulder returned his attention to the plate of food in front of him, picking tentatively at an omelet. After ten minutes had passed, Mulder glanced thoughtfully over at the Tsar, and asked softly, "Nikolai, can I ask you one question?"

Slava sighed. He looked earnestly at his young lover, then put down his fork and leaned back in his chair. "Fox, of course."

"Why didn't you become a member of that seven-nation coalition?"

"There were many reasons. My main one was you. Fox, I could never join a group that's final aim would have caused you pain. If they are successful in invading the United States their first order of business would be to kill all the sorcerers, including your former lovers," Slava replied solemnly.

Mulder took a sip of his coffee in contemplative silence before he said carefully, "That won't happen as long as you keep your word and send my country the cure for SBS." He studied Slava's face for any emotion that might convey whether Slava did or didn't have the cure, finding none, he asked, "You said there were many reasons...what were the others?"

"If you really must know, I'm not very fond of several of the other members. The only members I can tolerate are King Gullbrand and King Raschan. I'm not familiar with the Australian Warlord Havock, and the others, particularly Emperor Kong Woo Long I'd much rather disembowel than speak to. Not to mention they have a n'thral as part of their coalition! I have little respect for fellow sorcerers that would treat one of those mindless brutes as an equal," Slava growled.

"These countries, they allow slavery, too?"

"Fox, I thought we agreed not to discuss this subject while eating," Slava snapped.

"I never agreed to anything! Besides, it's a valid question, I need to know what might happen to my countrymen if these nations are successful in invading it." Mulder looked at him pleadingly. "Please, Nikolai, tell me."

"Okay, moi love. Yes, all of the countries allow slavery, with the exception of the eastern half of Australia. However, the western half allows it under the rule of Warlord Beiran Havock. A council of sorcerers that still view humans as equals rules the eastern half. It does surprise me though, that this Havock has decided to join the coalition. I thought he had enough problems fighting an ongoing war with the east, let alone extending his resources to include the United States." Slava smirked as he remembered a message he had received from his foreign agents.

"What?" Mulder asked sadly, he was now even more worried for his country and family.

"That Aussie is going to be fit to be tied," Slava replied happily.

"Why?"

"Fox, you were supposed to be his spoils of war. There is no way that man will be able to get you now."

Mulder cringed. "I really hope not because I have a past history with Beiran Havock. But what's to prevent this coalition from attacking you someday?"

"I'm taking measures to strengthen my defenses, Fox. The men at this table with us are part of that defense. I'm training them, and in turn, they will train others. No foreign force will ever invade Russia; I give you my word on that. Now tell me how you know this Australian."

"I arrested him eleven years ago in a serial murder case. Beiran Havock was an extremely brilliant man, but he was also a complete psychopath. He was in the states giving a series of lectures at U.S. campuses on his books 'Surviving the Apocalypse' and 'The Spoils of War.' Havock would befriend a young man at his lecture, and the young man's body would later turn up with signs of being sexually tortured to death." Mulder frowned, and said sadly, "Havock had received multiple life sentences, but he must have escaped in the confusion following the virus."

"So this man wants you for revenge?"

"Yes, I suppose that would be his reason. He did threaten me during the trial."

Slava's eyes burned with rage. "I will kill him myself if ever our paths should cross!"


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Tuesday, February 8 9:00 a.m.

The whole family was together in the kitchen eating breakfast and ignoring the persistent ringing telephone.

"Let's not all rush to answer it at once," Gabriel Hunter grumbled, he quickly dried his hands on a kitchen towel as he went to answer the telephone.

"We're eating, Gabriel. Whoever it is will call back," Blaise insisted.

Hunter shot him a smoldering look and answered the telephone. "Foxfire Glenn Estate, Agent Hunter speaking."

"Gabriel, its Fox," Mulder replied.

"Fox, are you okay?"

All the family immediately forgot about breakfast and gathered around the telephone. Hunter switched the phone over to the speaker.

"I'm fine. I wanted to check on my daughters, and Walter and Alex," he replied guiltily.

Scully stepped up to the speaker. "Mulder, the babies are fine. They're behaving like perfect angels this morning, last night was another story, I had a hard time getting them to bed, especially Faith. Now she's all smiles and giggles for some reason. Mulder, where are you? Did you get away from Slava?" she asked, assuming Slava would never allow Mulder to call his family.

"No, I'm at the Winter Palace. I'm working at getting Slava to send the cure to United States," he replied quietly.

"Then he does have a cure?" Scully asked excitedly.

"I...ah, I think so, but I haven't actually seen it yet." Mulder leaned back on the plush sofa, looking up as Slava entered the room.

"Mulder, how could you put yourself in that man's hands when you weren't absolutely *positive* that he had a cure?" Scully scolded.

"Scully, the United States doesn't have much time left. If we don't have a cure by March, millions of Americans will be slaughtered or enslaved. I had to chance it don't you see?" Mulder argued, taking a glass of cognac from Slava, while the larger man sat down on the sofa next to him.

The immortals and Kimberly exchanged confused looks, wondering what Mulder had meant. Takeda looked over at his lovers and realized instantly from their guilty expressions that they both knew exactly what Mulder had meant. "Rory, Kazuo, we are all going to have a long family discussion after breakfast," he hissed.

Scully shot the young man a look to keep his voice down, then continued with her conversation. "Mulder, Shin and I are so close to finding a cure...I really wished you would have waited."

//You tell him, Dana,// Skinner growled. He was standing next to Hope's highchair, holding his daughter's hand as she spooned cereal into her mouth. If anyone had been paying attention, they would have been amazed at how good the nine-month-old was at handling a spoon.

"Scully, you couldn't guarantee a cure before March. Don't you see I had no choice," Mulder explained.

"Mulder, what are you going to do if he doesn't have a cure?"

"I don't know, Scully," he replied sadly, looking at Slava who was listening in on his call. He was beginning to feel like a complete fool. He knew deep down that if Slava had a cure he would have shown it to him today, and not made up that weak excuse about his scientists needing time to transcribe their notes to English.

Slava thought about his lover's dilemma. He wanted to offer Fox's family protection here in Russia, but his defenses weren't strong enough to stand up against the seven-nation coalition, and he knew that they would attack him to get the immortals. He decided that he could easily take in the baby girls, the women, and if it would make Fox happy, his two former lovers. After they were cured, he'd offer them a choice of sanctuary in return for their loyalty. Of course, they would never be permitted to touch Fox again.

"Mulder, we love you, please be careful. When Walter and Alex are cured we'll come and bring you home," Scully replied.

"No, Scully, under no circumstances do I want them or anyone else coming to Russia for me. I can, and will take care of myself," Mulder growled.

"Damn it, Mulder, you know they will never allow Slava to keep you! And don't go playing the martyr, they will rescue you with or without your approval," Scully snapped.

"Scully, I've made a deal with him, and I intend to uphold my end. If he has the cure, I'll be home in a year, and not before then. I'll tell Walter and Alex that myself." Mulder took a long sip of the cognac to calm his nerves. He would never have to tell his lovers anything because he wasn't going to be here much longer, and he certainly didn't want them to put their lives in danger trying to rescue him.

"It won't matter to them, Mulder. You should have thought of their feelings before you abandoned them for Slava."

"Scully, I have to go now. Kiss my babies for me," Mulder said softly, his hand shook as he placed the receiver back on its cradle. He couldn't handle the guilt that was gnawing at his guts, he was wrong to have come here. He had abandoned his lovers and daughters when they needed him most.

Slava pulled him into a soothing embrace. "Fox, it's going to be all right."

Mulder pushed him away angrily and stood. "No, it's not. You don't have a *fucking* cure do you? This whole thing was your way of tricking me into coming to you!"

"Fox, moi pet, you are overly tired. This day has been too hectic for you, come I will draw you a nice hot bath and give you a massage," Slava replied.

"I don't want a *fucking* bath! I want the goddamn truth!" Mulder snarled.

Slava sighed, he knew that he'd eventually have to tell his Fox that he did not have a cure, but he had wanted to hold off for as long as possible. "Okay, Fox, you're right. I lied to get you to come here. However, I did it for your own good. I wanted to protect you, and I knew you would never come willingly."

"FUCK YOU! YOU GODDAMN BASTARD!" Mulder hurled the glass of cognac at Slava.

The glass and the liquid froze in midair a few inches in front of the Tsar's face. Slava's face reddened with rage as he waved his hand and the glass and beverage disappeared. "No, Fox, I'm always the top. You on the other hand are the perfect bottom, so lusciously fuckable."

"You fucking arrogant bastard! I'm leaving!" Mulder started for the door.

"You need to be taught to curb that tongue of yours." Slava waved his hand again and all of over Mulder's clothes vanished from his body.

Mulder stopped dead in his tracks; spinning around he glared at Slava. "GO TO HEL ... " and he instantly found himself bound spread eagle in the steel frame back in their bedroom, causing him to panic. He went into a frenzy, twisting and yanking violently at the restraints. The soft leather straps had been designed for comfort, but they still bit into Mulder's flesh causing his blood to run down his arms.

"Damn it, Fox, hold still!" Slava growled, appearing in the room beside him.

Mulder's body froze when the Tsar took control of his mind. Slava rested a calming hand on Mulder's chest as he ran a finger through the blood on Mulder's arm. Frowning he went into the bathroom for a wet washcloth.

Slava came back into the room and started to gently cleaning the blood off his lover's arms. The flow had already stopped as the cuts healed. "I really wish you wouldn't force me to discipline you. Fox, I love you, and don't want to hurt you, but I can't allow you to question my authority. I really wanted our relationship to be based solely on love and respect," he sighed regrettably. Looking into his lover's frightened hazel eyes, he asked, huskily, "Fox, if I loosen my control over your mind, will you promise me that you won't do yourself any more harm?"

Mulder was in hell; he hated mind control more than the physical restraints. He cursed himself for letting his temper get the upper hand. It only made it harder now for him to escape back to his family, he needed to use his head and try to reason with Slava. He breathed a sigh of relief when Slava gave him back his free will.

"I will never love you. You broke our agreement, let me go," Mulder grumbled.

"You already do love me, moi Fox," Slava's finger traced down Mulder's ribcage to his groin sending goose bumps dancing across his flesh. "Every time you come when we've made love is proof of that love."

"That doesn't mean I love you," Mulder sighed, trying to pull away from the other man's persistent touch. He blushed as the feathery light touch of the large man's finger tickled down his penis, causing it to thicken and lengthen.

"I beg to differ, moi love." Slava smiled triumphantly, he held up his hand and a cock ring appeared in it, which he slipped onto Mulder's growing erection. "This, moi lovely Fox, is a magical cock ring it will prevent you from coming until I take it off. I think that I'll shave you now, moi love." He kissed Mulder's lips lightly then headed back into the bathroom.

Mulder glared angrily over his shoulder toward the bathroom, shouting, "It's *not* love! I'm an immortal, dammit! Our bodies are specifically designed for sex. We're overly sensitized to it! Damn you! Are you even listening?"

Slava came back out of the bathroom and placed the items he was carrying on a small table. "Fox, you can rationalize your feelings for me all you want, but deep down we both know its love." He smeared foam over his lover's chest and under his armpits, then picked up a straight edged razor.

"Bullshit! You don't really love me, my body's chemistry has altered yours making you want me. I'm affecting you like a drug, don't you understand?"

Slava scraped the razor down Mulder's chest removing the light dusting of hair. "Fox, it doesn't matter. You are the most important person in my life; whether it's caused by your body's pheromones or some weird chemical make up I don't really care. I love you, that is all that matters to me."

"I hate you for doing this to me, *Nick*. How could you claim to love me after betraying me? I hate your lies, I hate your deception, and I hate you! I hate you as much as I hate the man who tricked and deceived me on my birthday, there is no difference between you and him because rape is still rape!"

"Don't call me Nick," Slava said absently. His heart was bleeding inwardly, each time Fox had said that he hated him it felt like a knife had been plunged into it. He silently continued to shave his lover's body as he thought over his words. It was not rape. Fox had enjoyed their love making. Fox would never have had an orgasm if it were rape. He was sure that his Fox did love him, and would love him even more after their daughters were born. He couldn't wait to see the look of surprise on his beautiful Fox's face when he surprises him with them on the day of their birth. "I love you, Fox," he replied quietly.

"Please, Nikolai. If you love me, set me free. Allow me to return to my family," he begged.

"Fox, it is too dangerous back in the States for you. The only reason I lied to you was to protect you and your daughters because I knew you wouldn't come to me willingly. I will have your baby girls brought over here for you, and I want you to know that I still have my scientists working on a cure for SBS. If they find one, I will not hesitate to send it to the American government."

Mulder closed his eyes as Slava started shaving his legs, he realized that he would never convince the man to let him go. "My daughters belong with their other fathers, it would kill Walter and Alex to lose them. You have no idea what a father's love for his children is like. Nikolai, I will stay here with you forever, if you protect both my lovers and daughters." For some reason Mulder felt guilty for knowingly lying to the man, but he knew it was justified.

Slava bit his tongue; he wanted to tell his lover that he did know what it was like to be a father. How his and Fox's unborn daughters were already the joys of his life. Instead he looked up at Mulder and said, "All right, Fox, I'll arrange for my men to bring your daughters and lovers over to Russia."

"No, not yet. I want to give my friends time to develop a cure, if no cure is discovered by the beginning of March then you can bring them over. God," Mulder moaned involuntarily, the razor had caused his skin to become overly sensitive. The hot air from the fireplace caressed his right hand side, competing with the cool air drifting though the drafty palace on his left.

Slava smiled up at his beautiful lover, standing he set down the razor, and used a washcloth to clean off the foam and hair from the young man's body. "Very well, Fox, I'll wait for three weeks." He leaned down and took Mulder's nipple into his mouth, sucking on it hard as his hands squeezed the younger man's buttocks. He pulled them apart and his fingers delved into the crack, teasing his lover's anus.

The Cossack's mouth locked onto the side of his throat sucking and licking the salty flesh until a red mark appeared. He pushed a dry finger into Mulder's tight hole, twisting it to rub back and forth over his prostate. Slava's mouth next followed a path down the younger man's smooth chest, and past the leather belt fastened around his waist. The Tsar nudged the belt up so he could explore Mulder's navel with his tongue and breathe in its incredibly arousing scent. He was overcome by the exotic flavor as his tongue delved into the orifice.

Mulder groaned and tried to pull away from the double stimulation, it was becoming too much. He wished Slava would just use a whip or a paddle to punish him, that he could consciously back away from, but sex was his and every other immortal's downfall. His cock swelled painfully, and it strained against the cock ring. He tugged uselessly on the restraints, wanting desperately to remove the ring, so he could come.

Slava worked his way back up the younger man's body, stopping again at his nipples to tease them, then moved on to mark the other side of Mulder's throat. "You want to come, lover?" Slava whispered into his ear. He nibbled on the lobe as he pushed a second finger into Mulder's ass.

"Yes, please," Mulder whined breathlessly.

"Not yet. I told you that I was going to punish you. This..." Slava said, grasping Mulder's impossibly hard cock. "Is part of your punishment. I want you to admit it to yourself that you love me," he purred lustfully. Then he went back to teasing the younger man's nipples, until they were red and swollen; a pair of nipple clamps appeared in his hand and he attached them to Mulder's sore nipples.

Mulder shrieked from the pain, he panted heavily as the larger man knelt in front of him taking his cock into his mouth, sucking him down his throat. Mulder immediately forgot the pain on his chest, as a new ache developed in his balls. Slava worked his cock for over twenty minutes as he inserted three fingers into his lover's tight ass and two into his navel, twisting and scissoring them, until the younger man was begging him for release.

Mulder writhed in the restraints as his body pushed back on the fingers up his ass then forward into Slava's mouth. He tried desperately to make those large fingers scrape against his prostate. He moaned with pleasure when Slava slipped a fourth finger into him.

Slava grinned wickedly up at his lover as he removed his fingers from the younger man's navel and a feather appeared in his hand. He used the tip of the feather to trace around Mulder's overly stimulated cock head, paying special attention to the small slit until his lover was thrashing around uncontrollably in his restraints, his anus was pulsating pleasurably around Slava's fingers.

Mulder had never felt anything more agonizing as the feather light tickle on his sensitive cock. It left him screaming at the top of his lungs. He couldn't take anymore as he whimpered pathetically.

"I'm going to fuck you now, Fox, if you apologize nicely enough for your earlier behavior I might allow you to come," Slava murmured breathlessly. He could no longer hold back, he pulled his painfully throbbing cock from his slacks and coated it with lubricant. He spun the frame around until it was horizontal with Mulder facing the floor. The leather belt around younger man's waist attached to the frame and supported his weight. Slava stepped between his widely spread legs, gazing lovingly at the tightly puckered hole. His hands spread the firm ass cheeks further apart as he positioned his thick cock then slowly pushed inside the hot, delicious body.

Mulder moaned as he was being slowly opened and exquisitely filled with the large organ. It moved deeper and deeper inside, totally stuffing him until he thought he couldn't take another inch within him then Slava shoved the final three inches in hard, making him cry out in pain and pleasure. He felt his ass throbbing around the immense cock buried deep within him as the Tsar stood perfectly still. Mulder thought his cock was going to implode if he didn't get any outward release soon, and when Slava started thrusting in and out of his body, he couldn't take it any longer.

"Nikolai, oh god, please, I'm sorry, please...let me come," he begged pitifully.

"What are you sorry for, moi Fox?" Slava taunted, slapping his firm buttocks causing Mulder's sphincter muscle to clench pleasurably around his cock as the young man tensed. He wanted Mulder to give himself up totally.

"Oh god, for mouthing off to you...for...for throwing that glass at you," he gasped out breathlessly.

"And?" Slava asked, twisting his hips he thrust back in hard.

"FUCK? AND?...and it won't happen again. Oh jeez, I'm SORRY!" Mulder cried out, tears were streaming down his cheeks.

"Very good, moi love, now that wasn't so bad. We'll work on exploring your true feeling for me some other time," Slava said, reaching under his lover's hip he removed the cock ring. He plunged all the way into Mulder's body as the younger man tensed then came hard. Slava rode out his lover's orgasm as his anus clenched pleasurably around his cock, squeezing it painfully tight. Oh, the joys of having an immortal for a lover, Fox would never lose that exquisite tightness.

After Mulder had finished coming, he hung limply in the restraints as Slava proceeded to fuck the daylights out of him. Slava's fingers dug into his hips, holding him steady as he pulled his cock all the way out and slammed back in. Until Mulder's body once more responded to the stimulation and he came again painfully. He felt Slava's hot release fill him moments later as the large man shot his seed deep within him. At that moment, all that Mulder wanted to do was to go to sleep in a nice soft, warm bed.

Slava breathed heavily, totally sated, he lovingly stroked Mulder's back. "You did really well, moi love. I'll clean you off first then put you to bed," he said, gently pulling out of the younger man's body. He snatched a washcloth out of thin air then righted the frame to its vertical position and gently washed the sweat and semen from Mulder's exhausted body. When he was clean Slava waved his hand and Mulder vanished, reappearing under the blankets in the large bed. Slava pressed a button and watched as the frame rose back into the ceiling. He was satisfied that he had taught his lover an important lesson, and didn't expect him to be disobedient any time soon.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Tuesday, February 8 10:30 a.m.

"You've been keeping this from us for how long?" Blaise snarled angrily. Like Mulder, he was fed up with being protected for his own good.

MacIver hedged guiltily, "Justin, I thought, we thought, it was best not to tell you or the others because of your current delicate condition. I didn't want to put too much stress on Shin, you, Joe, and Hans."

"Don't fucking coddle me! Something of this magnitude we need to know!" Blaise shouted.

Hawk placed a soothing hand on his lover's arm. "Justin, calm down, I think you've made the point for all of us," he said. Hawk was still reeling from the news about the invasion force headed toward the United States, and the information that he was to be the prize for Pharaoh Menes II. He had been following the world news closely, and had read 'The Magic Bullet' issue on the New World leaders published by the Lone Gunmen. Pharaoh Menes II was one of the most cruel and sadistic leaders that had surfaced in the last two years. It frightened him that he might fall into that man's hands, but he guessed the reason he was chosen by him, was that his great grandmother had been an Egyptian.

"Sorry, Joe, it just pisses me off," Blaise replied, looking into his lover's warm brown eyes, he kissed him gently on the lips. "So, what are we going to do?" he asked in a calmer voice.

Sawada spoke up. "We've been moving provisions out to Duffy's cave in the mountains, if worse comes to worse we will move there until Dana and Shinji can develop the cure. It's pretty isolated we should be relatively safe. It will take them months to track us down."

Hans Schatz clung to Frohike's arm and buried his face against the older man's shoulder. He was scared to death at the thought of his former captor getting his hands on him again. He was worried about the baby girl he was carrying. He was certain that Hector Cardoso would kill her instantly upon her birth, or sell her.

"It's going to be okay, Hans. I won't let that monster touch you again," Frohike murmured soothingly.

"I'm so scared, Melvin. I had finally started to forget about him. God, I wish he were dead!" Schatz exclaimed.

Hunter looked tenderly over at Schatz. "If he comes anywhere near you, Hans, he will be," the older man promised.

Schatz's eyes were filled with appreciation as he looked up at the handsome blonde sorcerer. "Thanks, Gabriel."


Five Days Later
Cairo
Sunday, February 13
3:00 p.m.

Pharaoh Menes II studied the map in his council chambers. His armies had been successful in capturing new territories increasing the size of Egypt to include most of Libya and half of Sudan. He walked outside onto the balcony overlooking his land; in the distance, he could see his n'thral slaves erecting a new palace in his honor. He was going to be greater than Egypt's first Pharaoh from whom he had taken his name.

He felt the powerful presence of the other sorcerers entering his chambers. They were necessary for him to expand his empire, but in time, his armies would invade even their lands.

King Raschan stepped out onto the balcony. "Congratulations, Menes, I heard about your recent victories."

"And yourself, Raschan. Turkey has finally reclaimed all the lands she had lost over the centuries," Menes replied.

"Yes, the Ottoman Empire has reclaimed her past glory, soon we will begin our campaign against Romania and Hungary," King Raschan announced. "Come, the others await inside."

Pharaoh Menes II gazed over the men assembled around his council chambers. A foul smell of body odor permeated the room; he glared at China's nomadic Emperor. The man lived on his horse; he found no need for the social graces such as regular baths. The immense n'thral Warlord Hector Cardoso was no better, his hair was greasy and his clothes unwashed. The two men sat across from each other with their feet propped up on his polished maple conference table.

Across the room and well away from the other two men, was the handsome Nordic King Gullbrand, his long blonde hair was worn in braids, giving him the look of his Viking ancestors. Next to him was Sultan Kahlid Casmiri of Persia, the sultan was the youngest member of the coalition at only twenty-six years of age. Warlord Beiran Havock was leaning against the door. The Australian was a ruggedly handsome man; he wore several knives and guns openly displayed on his body. As a sorcerer the weapons were more for show, than for actual use. He was having a heated discussion with the other two men.

"Gentlemen, shall we begin the meeting?" the Pharaoh asked, interrupting them.

The others took their places at the table, choosing the chairs the furthest away from Kong and Cardoso.

When all the men were seated, Menes II began the meeting. "The Americans are aware of our plans to invade their country. They have appealed to England, Japan, and Germany for assistance. Those country's governments have yet to respond to their request for protection."

"I would be surprised if they send a single sorcerer, it would leave their countries open for invasion by us," King Gullbrand replied. He had seized control over Norway and Sweden, then his forces conquered Finland, and he would just love the opportunity to expand down through Denmark and into Germany.

"We are closely monitoring the situation, if word comes back that they will be supplying the Americans with sorcerers, then we will have to speed up our invasion to this month," Menes II replied.

"What about Nikolai Slava?" Havock asked angrily.

"What about him, Aussie?" Cardoso smirked mockingly, knowing the Australian was angry over losing Fox Mulder to him.

"I agreed to become part of this coalition because you promised me Fox Mulder. What's in this for me now that that Cossack bastard has him?" Havock growled.

"Havock, there are fifteen other immortals scattered throughout the world, pick one of them," King Raschan suggested.

"I wanted Fox Mulder!" he snarled. He had wanted to take his revenge upon Special Agent Fox Mulder who had arrested him for the sexual murders of thirteen male collage students. He would still be locked up in that American prison if it wasn't for the chaos that ensued after the alien virus had left many prisons understaffed. When he discovered his new sorcerer powers, he easily managed to escape. Nine long years in prison had left him a bitter angry man and he passed the time thinking of ways to torture one GQ FBI agent. "Very well, I will settle for another immortal," Havock replied, deciding to pursue Fox Mulder on his own, but not wanting to pass up the opportunity to get his own immortal.

The n'thral warlord jumped to his feet. "No way am I risking my troops so he can get his hands on an immortal. Besides, there are already two immortals living in Australia, let him capture one of them," he growled.

"I share Cardoso's concerns. We formed this alliance to invade the Americans, there were no plans to go up against countries where their sorcerers are healthy and quite capable of fighting back," Sultan Casmiri replied.

"We shall put it to a vote. The majority rules. All those in favor of expanding our campaign show your hands," Menes requested.

King Gullbrand, Warlord Havock, and King Raschan all raised their hands.

"Opposed."

The other four men raised their hands.

"The opposed have it. Warlord Havock, are you going to be all right with this or do you want to back out of the alliance?" Pharaoh Menes asked.

Havock glared openly at the Egyptian. "I'll have to be. My men are looking forward to plundering America," he replied bitterly. He had decided he would find a way of getting Fox Mulder on his own, but he had liked the idea of having another immortal to play with. His eyes briefly met King Gullbrand's, and the king sent him a telepathic message wanting to meet him in private later.

After the meeting adjourned, Havock followed Gullbrand back to his room. "What do you want, Thor?" he asked. The two men had become friends over the two weeks they'd spent planning the invasion. They shared many of the same likes and dislikes.

"Beiran, I have an offer to make you," Gullbrand replied with a wicked gleam in his eyes.

"And what would that be?"

"What do you think of Justin Blaise?"

"He's not Fox Mulder, but I do have a thing for law enforcement officers, and Blaise was a Texas Ranger. He would have been my second choice. Why? You've chosen him to be your immortal," Havock asked, confused at where this was going.

"He was my second choice, too. As beautiful as he is, I would have preferred Hans Schatz, he's closer to the blood of my people," the king replied.

"So, Thor, what are you suggesting?" Havock was starting to like where this conversation was heading.

"After we seize control of the immortals and America, Hector Cardoso will have an unfortunate accident, leaving Hans Schatz yours," King Gullbrand said.

"And you'll trade me Justin Blaise for him." Havock smiled broadly, sitting down on the bed. "What about the sorcerers and clairvoyants Cardoso has surrounding him. They aren't going to be too happy with their ruler's untimely death," he questioned.

Gullbrand sat next to the dashing Australian and pushed him back on the bed as he started nibbling at his neck. "Any sorcerer or clairvoyant that would follow an n'thral deserves death."

Havock moaned turning his head, he captured the Scandinavian's mouth in a brutal kiss, firmly sealing their agreement. The two men quickly shed their garments and fell onto each other violently in search for sexual release.

Pharaoh Menes II spied on the two men, chuckling to himself. He hated the n'thral warlord and would just as soon be rid of him after his usefulness was over. He would do very well to watch his back with this group, each of the leaders had gotten to his current position by ruthlessly killing all opposition. He returned his attention to the plans for his new capital city. He would surround it with monuments for each of his daughters. He pulled out a photograph of Joseph Shadow Hawk and laid it on the plans, the young man's resemblance to an Egyptian was remarkable. He wondered if at some point if his bloodline crossed with his people.


The Winter Palace
Friday, February 18 10:00 a.m.

Mulder stood in front of the tall bedroom windows, staring out at the bleak frozen landscape. He was barefoot and bundled in a long plush robe. His body ached over every single inch; Slava had just left him, after spending the morning taking pleasure from his body. He had not been allowed to leave the apartment, since their altercation ten days earlier when he found out that Slava had lied to him.

He turned when he heard a knock on the door. "Come in," he said.

A servant entered, bowing respectfully. "Master Fox, your breakfast is ready." The young man held the door open for another servant who wheeled in a serving cart loaded with covered dishes.

Mulder walked over to the table as the two men arranged the plates on it. One of the servants intentionally brushed against him and he felt a note slipped into his hand. Mulder closed his fist tightly around it and waited for the two men to leave. He sat at the breakfast table and unfolded the note. [Be ready to leave March 1. P.] After reading the brief note, Mulder destroyed it.

Twelve more days and hopefully he'd be back home with his family, and still they had not discovered a cure.


Chapter 6 - Escape

The Winter Palace
Thursday, February 24
1:00 p.m.

Muffled moans and the sounds of flesh slapping against flesh resounded within the walls of Slava's private office. Mulder rested his forehead on top of his bare arms that were folded over a soft satin pillow, which had been placed on top of a three an a half foot high counter top for his comfort. He bit down on his lower lip to stifle another moan of pleasure from escaping and encouraging his abuser further. Earlier, the older man had removed Mulder's suit coat and silk shirt, but had left the leather thong in place, pulling the thin leather strip aside as he entered the younger man. He stood with his long, toned legs spread apart and his trousers pooled around his ankles as Slava thrust forcefully into him from behind, pushing his hips forward into the wooden counter. A groan of blissful agony escaped his lips as his groin was pressed firmly against the wood -- his cock and balls were painfully hard and trapped within the tight confines of the leather thong. Slava was using his powers to prevent him from coming.

"That's it, moi pet, take it all," Slava said, slamming into his lover again, and again. He leaned back and watched the younger man's taut anus griping his cock as he pulled out; it was nestled between the lovely mounds of Mulder's firm buttocks. Slava's finger toyed with the thin, black leather strip that lent a sharp contrast against the younger man's smooth ivory skin. "You're so beautiful like this, moi Fox, spread wide open for me to take my pleasures from. I knew you would come to return my love." He thrust back in hard, rocking the younger man's body with the sheer force of his entry.

"Oh god! Yes, Nikolai, I *do* love you," Mulder gritted out through clenched teeth, the lie now coming effortlessly to him.

Slava paused and looked down lovingly at his lover's bowed, submissive body. His hand gently caressed the warm flesh of Mulder's long back, feeling the taut muscles under sinfully smooth skin as it traveled down to where their bodies were joined. "I know you do, moi love. Russia shall be forever united through our love for each other." He pressed a soft kiss between the younger man's shoulder blades.

Slava couldn't see Mulder's face, so he didn't see the younger man as he rolled his eyes sarcastically and bit his tongue to keep a snide comment from slipping out.

The Tsar buried his face into the side of Mulder's throat and breathed in the erotic musky scent, causing his already hard organ to expand even more in its tight confines.

Mulder wiggled uncomfortably. "Nikolai, do you think you could let me come this time?" he asked huskily.

"You know the rules, Fox, no coming until we are back in our chambers. I do so love the looks of envy and adoration on all of my subjects faces when they see you looking like this, so beautifully flushed with arousal," Slava replied, stroking Mulder's firm buttocks.

Mulder grumbled. "Ha, you just like controlling me, and hearing me beg you for release."

"Hmm, true, but you left out how much I love sucking you off. You taste so delicious, moi pet, it is the perfect end to my hectic day," Slava replied, resuming, in earnest, the hot fuck he was taking from his frustrated lover.

After another ten minutes of relentless fucking, the older man's body stiffened and he came deep within his lover. Slava reluctantly slipped out and a plug appeared in his hand, which he quickly inserted into his lover's tight anus then adjusted the leather strip over it. Mulder hated the plug more than he hated not being allowed to come. Slava had told him in the past that he didn't want him leaking into his expensive trousers, but Mulder knew that the Cossack got a perverted pleasure out of knowing that he still had his essence inside of him.

Slava squeezed the hard organ trapped inside the leather sling, making Mulder moan and thrust into his hand.

"Very nice, and all for me. Later." He smiled happily. He washed himself off with a warm cloth, staring at the succulent flesh still splayed for his pleasure. He tucked himself back into his trousers first, before attending to the task of helping his lover back into his clothing. He finished by fastening an expensive, emerald pin over the top button on the younger man's silk shirt. He pulled Mulder into his arms and ravished his mouth, deeply enjoying his lover's exotic taste. No past lover had ever come close to tasting as good as his Fox.

Mulder cringed as the plug shifted and rubbed against his prostate, keeping him painfully erect. "Nikolai, couldn't you allow me to go back to our room to clean up? Do you have any idea how uncomfortable it is to sit with this thing up my ass?"

"Yes, but it makes you squirm so prettily. Fox, you wouldn't deny the Russian people the joy of seeing you so in love with their ruler that merely being in my presence arouses you to the point of discomfort?" Slava queried, caressing Mulder's erection through his tight trousers. "It's such a pretty sight."

Mulder glared at him and replied sarcastically, "Of course not, *Nick*, I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to be leered at and drooled over by hundreds of Russian men."

"That's the spirit, moi beautiful pet," he purred, kissing Mulder gently on the cheek. "And don't call me, Nick. Come, our subjects await us." Slava looped an arm around his lover's waist and guided him out of the office and into the throne room.

Two immense n'thral guards were stationed in front of two closed golden doors. Although the n'thrals were now on the sexual suppressants, they were still deeply aroused by the smell coming off the immortal, and they stood uncomfortably rigid as their ruler guided his lover over to the dual thrones. They watched lustfully as the immortal sat gingerly and squirmed around until he found a comfortable position. The Tsar adjusted Mulder's clothing and brushed his fingers through the silky chestnut hair, until his lover looked the way he wanted him to, sexy and alluring. He ran a finger over those pouty, kiss-swollen lips, then took his place upon the throne next to Mulder. Taking his lover's hand in his, Slava nodded to his guards to open the doors.

As the first men were shown into the throne room, Mulder stared passed them into the wide corridor where a long endless line of men waited. The men craned their heads to get a look inside the throne room and at the immortal seated next to their Tsar. Mulder sighed, shifting nervously, he dug his nails into Slava's palm as the plug shifted unbearably. Mulder gasped, closing his eyes against the swift wave of pleasure that washed over his body.

"Patience, moi love," Slava murmured softly, squeezing Mulder's hand affectionately.

"That's easy for you to say; you don't have a *fucking* missile shoved up your ass," Mulder growled angrily, which only served to annoy Slava.

"Grin and bear it, moi love, or I'll replace it with one twice the size," the Tsar scolded through clenched teeth as he tried to listen to the case being presented to him.

The case was a property dispute that had turned violent and couldn't be resolved in normal court. The two families had agreed to abide by the Tsar's decision. The men were nervous and their attention kept drifting over to the Tsar's companion. When the Tsar finally made his ruling neither man seemed to care about their dispute any longer and had to be physically jostled out of the room by two n'thral guards. Not all of the men waiting had cases they wanted the Tsar to decide, some were there to greet the Tsar's companion and present him with gifts. Mulder's attention was grabbed briefly when a troop of Cossack dancers and musicians performed for him, which particularly pleased the Tsar. However, the rest afternoon progressed slowly and Mulder sulked silently. His mind drifted from his physical discomfort to his family, wondering how his daughters and his lovers were doing. Slava had decided that he didn't like him calling home after all, since it left Mulder depressed and agitated.

Mulder couldn't take much more of this abuse, he had to get away from Slava. It was killing him to rein in his temper and pretend that he loved this man. He thought he was teetering on the brink of insanity. Slava was stealing so much from him that should have only belonged to Walter and Alex, just thinking about his two lovers brought tears to his eyes. He was a fool to have left them, would they even want him back when they found out that he had willingly gone into Slava's bed? He did it for them, but he doubted they would see it that way, and he really couldn't blame them.

Slava signaled for Captain Mikhin to approach the throne. "Captain, that will be all for today. Please, inform my subjects to return next Thursday, and make a note of their order in line, we will proceed from there."

"Yes, moi Tsar," Mikhin replied bowing. He had been floating on a cloud since taking the drug to control his sexual urges; it had cleared his mind and allowed him to think unhindered. He shot Fyodorov a menacing look. The clairvoyant was in his usual place beside the throne. He would make the little man pay dearly for usurping his place with the Tsar.

Slava looked lovingly at Mulder who had a faraway look on his face. "Come, Fox, we will dine first then retire for the evening," he said, standing and offering the younger man his hand.

Mulder stirred from his thoughts, pouting miserably, he grumbled, "I need to use the toilet."

"I'm sorry, baby, I didn't mean for us to be here this long. You're not too uncomfortable are you?" Slava asked gently, massaging Mulder's ass, he felt the hard knob of the butt plug nestled between the younger man's cheeks.

Mulder shoved him away, exploding angrily, "Of course I'm uncomfortable! I just sat here for five *fucking* hours with this *goddamned* torture device shoved up my ass and all the while needing desperately to take a dump!"

Slava frowned at his lover's foul language, but decided to let it pass this one time. He was, after all, partially to blame. "Okay, moi love, I'll remove it for you in the washroom," he said solicitously. Taking his angry lover's hand, he guided him back to his office and into his private washroom.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Thursday, February 24
Noon

"Dana, Shin, lunch is ready," MacIver said as he stepped into the lab.

"Just put it down on the desk, Rory," Scully replied not looking up from the microscope.

"There's nothing to set down. You are both going to take a break and come upstairs to eat," MacIver replied firmly.

"Rory, there really isn't time for this, just bring us the usual sandwiches, and we'll eat them when we have the time," Takeda stated while he entered data into the computer.

"No! You both cannot continue working non-stop without a break; it isn't healthy for you or the babies you're carrying! Now this isn't open for negotiation, you are both going upstairs to eat in the kitchen with the rest of the family," MacIver snapped.

Scully gazed at him angrily; she couldn't believe his audacity ordering her to do anything. "Rory, I can take care of myself and I am going to continue working down here," she replied hotly and slipped a new slide under the microscope.

"Dana, I don't like resorting to threats, but if you don't get that pretty little behind of yours upstairs *now* I will teleport you up there."

"You wouldn't dare!" Scully glared.

"Just try me, Red."

Scully studied the Scotsman's face and decided that he wasn't bluffing. "Sure, fine, whatever!" she grumbled, hopping off the stool. She stormed for the door with Takeda timidly following behind her.

The young man stopped in front of his lover and waited for Scully to get out of earshot before asking, "Rory, you wouldn't have actually teleported Dana to the kitchen, would you?"

"No, of course not, Shin. I would never jeopardize her or her baby that way, but what the lovely Dana doesn't know won't hurt her."

"Then you're lucky she didn't call your bluff, old man," Takeda said. Quickly kissing MacIver on the cheek he rushed after Scully.

Upstairs in the kitchen, Schatz and Hunter were busy feeding Hope and Faith, while Frohike dished up stew and crusty bread for the other men and Kimberly. Kimberly glanced into the family room at her two daughters who were both down for their nap.

Duffy walked into the room carrying a large gift basket. "This has just arrived for you, Justin," he said, placing the cellophane wrapped basket in the center of the breakfast table.

Blaise set down his spoon and reached for the card attached to the basket. "It's from my ranger buddies." He sighed glumly, "They're congratulating me on having a bun in the oven."

Hawk took the card from him and scanned the note. "Well, at least they're not offering to make an honest man out of you because that's my job," he quipped, giving his lover's hand a reassuring squeeze.

Since, Doctor Pendrell had made the announcement two days ago that all four immortals at Foxfire Glenn were pregnant they had been receiving cards and presents hourly. Pendrell only made the announcement after determining it was not healthy for the babies they were carrying if the immortals continued to perform the agreed upon monthly healings. They couldn't stop doing the healings without a valid reason, so he opted for the truth, since it would have come out eventually anyway, once the immortal's started showing. They were only a few months along and it would still be another two or three months until they were noticeably pregnant. It had already come out a week ago that the two immortals living in San Francisco were pregnant, too.

A look of horror passed across Frohike's face. "God, I hope Mulder doesn't become pregnant by Slava."

"Why, Melvin, did you see something to suggest that he might?" Hunter asked, picking up Hope and cuddling her against his chest.

"I just had a glimpse of him pregnant. God, he was huge." Frohike shuddered, making a circle with his hands to show just how big, then he said, "But I didn't see anything that would indicate where he was at the time."

"Oh god, Melvin. Not while we're eating," Blaise complained, shoving his food away. He did not want to be reminded just how big they were all going to become.

"It would kill Walter and Alex if Mulder comes home pregnant with that bastard's baby. When is his next cycle?" Scully asked, ignoring Blaise's outcry.

"From March 3 to March 5," Takeda replied.

//Damn, damn, damn,// Skinner muttered.

//Dammit, Walter, Fox had better be back here in nine days. You know his willpower is just about zip! And I doubt Slava would agree to sedate him during his cycle.//

//We'll just have to pray that either he's back with us before then, or that he continues to fight his body's compulsion for a child,// Skinner sighed.


The Winter Palace
Thursday, February 24
7:00 p.m.

The dining hall was aglow in candlelight as the Tsar and members of his elite guard dined on pheasant. Soothing music from a string quartet resounded around the massive hall.

Mulder quietly ate his meal ignoring the happy banter that was going on around him. Only when one of Slava's sorcerers addressed him personally did he raise his eyes from his plate.

"Master Fox," the young man repeated. When he was sure that he had the immortal's attention he went on. "Today I read a story in the newspaper about the pregnant immortals in America. Is it true that you are predisposed to having babies?"

"No."

"But, all the immortals in the world are now pregnant with the exception of yourself and two others that are enslaved by n'thrals. How do explain so many pregnancies, without the immortals being predisposed to become pregnant?" The young sorcerer challenged.

Mulder face drained of color and he quickly looked back down at his plate. He hadn't even been aware that all immortals were pregnant, except for him and two others, and what he found really distressing was that he was actually embarrassed that he wasn't pregnant. He didn't know how to respond to the young man's question; he found the whole topic completely humiliating. It made him feel unmanly. He squirmed uncomfortably in his chair, chewing nervously on his lower lip. Shit, he only had nine days before his next cycle and already the compulsion to have a baby was affecting him.

Slava reached over and squeezed Mulder's hand reassuringly. "Talikov, moi Fox finds the discussion too personal, and he does not want to discuss it further."

"Sorry, Tsar Nikolai, I didn't mean to offend Master Fox. It is just that it is such an interesting and important subject that I couldn't help but be curious."

Slava looked affectionately at his young inquisitive apprentice and noted that all the men at the table were quiet and listening intently to their conversation. "Okay, Talikov, I'll answer your questions for Fox. He does not want to become pregnant, but his body is demanding that he does. So, yes, you're right, immortals are predisposed to having babies."

"Will you and Master Fox have a baby together?"

Slava tenderly caressed Mulder's face with his long fingers, enjoying the red flush of embarrassment that spread across it, and he turned his lover's face so he could look into his hazel eyes. "It will be totally up to Fox to decide whether he wants to becomes pregnant with my child." The Tsar knew that his lover was fighting a losing battle and would eventually be begging to be impregnated.

Mulder swallowed hard, turning his head quickly away from the Tsar's piercing black pools, his hand unconsciously went down to cover his belly protectively. He was no longer hungry. It sickened him to realize that he would have Slava's child if he remained here through his next cycle. It made it all the more important to escape as soon as possible -- March 1 seemed impossibly far off.


Marat Fyodorov quickly made his way through the Winter Palace corridors heading for the dining hall. He had important information to tell the Tsar that would get him back in his leader's good graces. A little while ago, as he was spying on the elite guard he had discovered Master Fox's plans for escape, and the names of the conspirators who were helping him. Fyodorov was in such a hurry to reach the Tsar that he wasn't watching where he was going and he rounded a corner and ran straight into Captain Mikhin. He had spent most of his time lately trying to avoid the vindictive giant.

The large n'thral swatted him away like an insect, sending the little man flying against a wall. Fyodorov stared up fearfully at the menacing n'thral as he shakily reclaimed his feet.

"The Tsar will not be happy when he finds out you have struck his chief clairvoyant, Captain," Fyodorov threatened feebly. He felt a large bruise forming on the side of his face.

"The Tsar has gotten what he wanted from you troll and could care less if I take you outside and jam a pole up your ass and mount you next to his other trophies!" Mikhin growled.

Fyodorov had no doubt that the large n'thral would do just that. The man hated him for having Slava's ear all these months. He cringed as he read the n'thral's thoughts and discovered that the creature was going to kill him whether the Tsar approved or not. Fyodorov quickly decided that getting back in the Tsar's good graces no longer mattered, what mattered now was saving his own pathetic hide. "Captain, couldn't we talk about this," Fyodorov begged, backing away from the stalking giant.

"I will use a nice long and thick pole say three inches in diameter by fifteen feet long. That way people throughout the square can enjoy watching your naked body twitch as it slowly impales itself on the pole. You see, maggot, I intend to have the end rounded to a nice blunt tip. It will take all day for your weight to slowly sink down on it, forcing it deeper, and deeper, into your bowels. It will be an extremely painful way to die, you will welcome the end when the tip finally pierces your heart," Mikhin growled as he advanced on the little man.

A soft voice sounded from behind the menacing n'thral. "Captain Mikhin."

The captain turned toward the person speaking to him. It was Masataka Izumi, the Tsar's artist. "Yes, Mr. Izumi?"

"Captain, I need a hand at moving a large canvas into my studio, if you could be so kind."

"Of course, Mr. Izumi. I have another matter to attend to first then I'll be right with you." Mikhin turned back to Fyodorov, but the little man had vanished. Realizing his fun would have to wait for another day, he reluctantly went to help the Tsar's artist.

Izumi breathed a sigh of relief when he watched Fyodorov flee. He had heard the n'thral's threats and didn't want to see anyone come to such a painful end, even the Tsar's personal spy. Fyodorov hadn't made too many friends within the palace; the little man had put his duty to the Tsar ahead of other people's lives and was constantly trying to win the Tsar's approval by snitching on his fellow servants.


Deep Space
Planet Empyrean

Sunlight glistened off the garden pool as King Xowolfe sat listening to Xoric describe his home world. He found Xoric's tales about angels fascinating, and he wondered if it was a flight of fancy or if some of his people had actually made it to Earth. Of all the beings whose worlds that they had conquered, these humans were the closest in appearance to them.

The human's Seraphim mate walked up to them. "My King, Xoric is tired I think it would be best that I take him inside for his nap," Xochipilli said, standing protectively close to his lover.

Ricardo Montoya looked up lovingly at this being who he had grown to love with all of his heart. He had never felt more loved and cherished in his whole life. It didn't hurt that they had mind blowing sex daily. He was about to get up and follow his Seraphim lover back inside when the King's voice stopped him.

"How is his pregnancy progressing, Xochipilli?" the King asked, forestalling their departure. He placed an exploratory hand over the young immortal's belly and felt the slight bulge.

"It goes well, my King. Although, he is still in the early stages, his body is already showing outward signs of our baby's growth within."

Montoya sat quietly allowing the beautiful and regal Seraphim King to caress his belly, listening intently to the conversation between the two beings. He had made tremendous progress learning the Seraphim's language -- his photographic memory had come in handy for memorizing the words, and he hardly needed the translator device any longer. He was, however, still having a hard time adjusting to the fact that there was a baby growing inside of him.

"Yes, I can feel it. Xochipilli, all of Empyrean awaits the birth of your child," Xowolfe said, wondering if this child would hold the key to revitalizing their dying race. He removed his hand and allowed his brother to take the young human back inside.

Xowolfe rose and went inside his heavily guarded citadel, heading toward the heart of the structure to where the portal room was located. The portal was in the shape of a large metal ring that stood on its base in the center of the large room. It was sixty feet in diameter, and in its non-activated state, the other side of the room could be seen through it. From it he could reach all of the planets they had conquered over the millenniums. He entered the room and walked over to the control console, selecting a crystal he inserted it into the machine. The portal opened displaying a lush forested world with winged beings fluttering around. This was the first planet they had conquered, but even after two thousand years of crossbreeding with its indigenous species, they were still a long ways away from producing a pure Seraphim from them. He removed the crystal and placed it back in its proper spot.

His thoughts turned back to the humans. If they could get at least one ship through the Earth's defenses, they would be able to erect a direct portal to it. He should have had the Grays set up one when they first started studying the Earth and its inhabitants for conquest. However, they had always erected the portal after taking over a planet, and this was the first time they had ever been defeated. There had to be another way of getting through the Earthlings' defenses. He sat contemplating all of his options when there was a disturbance in the portal.

A being he recognized instantly as a human appeared within its center, and surrounding the human were several hooded figures chanting in the Seraphim's own tongue. The picture wasn't clear, which suggested the portal was only being used as a vehicle for verbal and visual communication, and not as a means for two-way dimensional travel. King Xowolfe stepped up on the platform in front of the portal, the chanting stopped and gasps were heard from the hooded figures. All the figures except the human fell to the ground prostrating themselves before the Seraphim King.

Reverend Xsavior gazed in awe upon the beautiful winged figure that suddenly appeared in the middle of their ritual circle, he hadn't expected the incantation to work. The ancient book it had come from was only a copy, of a copy, of a copy, being transcribed by a secret order of monks over a thousand years ago. The original documents making up the book were believed to have been close to three thousand years old. The book was written in the ancient Etruscan language.

"My lord, I am your humble servant Xsavior," the reverend said in fractured Etruscan, bowing before the regal creature in the circle.

"What is the purpose of your contacting me?" the King replied cautiously. He would allow the human to explain himself first before seeking answers to his own questions.

"My lord, we seek your assistance in ridding the Earth of your dark brother's children and freeing God's wingless angels from their evil clutches," Xsavior stated, studying the proud, tall figure of the Seraphim. It's wings and hair were the color expensive sable, it had full lips, a high brow, long straight nose, and luminous green eyes. He had never seen anything more beautiful, *no* he corrected silently, Fox Mulder could hold his own against this archangel he was, in fact, surprisingly very similar in appearance as the angel. Xsavior pulled his gaze away from the being's hypnotic eyes and continued with his demands. "My lord, we would also like our females returned to us."

Strange, Xowolfe thought, the man was assuming that he was a deity of some sort. He recalled the myth Xoric had told him about archangels and God, so it was true, his people had visited the Earth at one time, how else would the human know how to speak their language or use their magic. He would use this fool to his meet own ends.

"My loyal servant, I can help you, but it will require you to build a gateway that will allow me to pass from heaven onto your world."

The reverend was thrilled, God's own archangel was going to slay his enemies and bring back their females. "My lord, show me how to build this gate."

Xowolfe started to describe the process for building the portal and Xsavior wrote down what the King said. Their exchange lasted well over twenty-four earth hours. Xsavior's hand was cramping from writing the precise mathematical equations and formulas required for constructing the gate. This went far beyond his capabilities, it would require him to get professional help to build this gateway to heaven.

"That should be enough to get you started, Xsavior. Summon me again when you have the gate built." Xowolfe stepped off the platform ending their contact.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Monday, February 28

Gabriel Hunter inspected the four new sorcerers sent by the U.S. government to help protect the immortals during the invasion. All of the sorcerers were foreigners who had only recently immigrated here from their war torn homelands. General Thomas, the new Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff had handpicked the men, after personally reviewing their documents and interviewing each man. Hunter didn't like the idea of these strangers having access to the immortals, but he could do nothing to prevent their being stationed here.

"I will show you to your rooms first then explain your duties to you," Hunter said in a clipped tone of voice.

//I don't like this, Alex. What was General Thomas thinking sending those men here?// Skinner asked as they followed Hunter to the west wing.

//Maybe, we should try to contact Gabriel through the babies and let him know we are here and aware of what is going on,// Krycek suggested. They had only been able to touch their daughters, all attempts to contact other members of the household had failed.

//How do you suggest we do that?// Skinner asked.

//We could guide the baby's hand and write a message to him.//

//Alex, write with what? They aren't even old enough to use the crayons you bought them for Christmas.//

//We could use their building blocks.//

//They only have ten blocks, which is hardly enough to spell more than one word.//

//One word should be enough, Walter.//

Skinner quickly understood what Krycek meant. //Okay, we'll give it a try.//


The Winter Palace
Tuesday, March 1
6:00 a.m.

Mulder tried to pull gently away from the larger man's body, which was entwined around his. Slava was softly snoring and his hot breath caressed Mulder's cheek. He sighed and forlornly staring up at the ceiling, he was afraid of waking Slava and could already feel the heavy press of the larger man's morning erection against his hip. At least this would be the last day he would have to awaken in this man's bed because today was the day he was going to escape, he only hoped everything was in place.

Before leaving D.C. he had contacted Krycek's two friends Boris Gudenko and Major Pyetr Yermolov and asked for their assistance in helping him escape if Slava didn't have a cure for SBS. Major Yermolov was one of Slava's new apprentices, and he was stationed inside the palace. Mulder had been worried about the young major's ability to conceal his thoughts, but it seemed he had been successful.

Pyetr was supposed to contact Izumi this morning and explain their escape plans to the Japanese artist. Mulder wanted to take Izumi with him, but hadn't wanted him to know anything about their plans to escape until the last minute. He couldn't chance that the Tsar might read Izumi's mind.

Now everything rested on Boris' ability to cause a large enough disturbance so that the Tsar would leave St. Petersburg for the day.

Mulder stilled his thoughts as he felt Slava stir. The large man's hand roamed down between his legs forcing them apart as he caressed Mulder's thigh, and his long fingers explored upward until they probed the younger man's anus, first one, then two entered him. Slava was completely awake and staring into Mulder's eyes as he pushed a third finger into his lover's tight opening. He seemed to have second thoughts as he removed his fingers then shifted into a kneeling position on the bed and straddled Mulder's naked body.

"Fox, I'm going to fuck you here," he purred lustfully into Mulder's ear as his hand stroked over the younger man's navel.

"No, please, don't. What about..."

"Nonsense, Fox, I'll protect you. I will not allow some filthy alien to interfere with my...our pleasures."

"Please, Nikolai, I don't want..."

"Ssh." Slava leaned down and tenderly kissed his lips.

Mulder struggled uselessly under the larger man's body. He was scared to death of seeing Xowolfe again, now that he knew just what the alien wanted. Slava's tongue explored every inch of his lover's wet delicious mouth until Mulder was getting dizzy from lack of oxygen reaching his lungs. By the time Slava pulled away and positioned his cock over its intended target it was too late for the younger man to fight him off.

The next thing Mulder was aware of was being back in the Seraphim's presence. The large being stood naked under a waterfall in an outdoor lush pool. The air was sweetly fragrant, and the sound of music could be heard coming from a nearby structure. Brightly colored birds and butterflies flew about landing on trees and flowers. Xowolfe must have sensed Mulder's presence because he turned to face him and stepped out of the pool. Water glistened on the Seraphim's muscular body as beads of water droplets sparkled in the sunlight on the being's wings. Mulder couldn't keep his eyes from dropping down to the Seraphim's sex or stop the involuntary gasp that escaped his lips. The thing was long and thick with barb like bristles covering its length, and the head was flared and smooth. Mulder watched in dread as the organ thickened and lengthened and the bristles seemed to move on their own.

Xowolfe was aroused by the presence of his mate; it had been weeks since he had last seen his beautiful human. "Xofox, you have returned to me at last," the King murmured.

"Believe me it is not by choice! I now know that you are the creature behind murdering my planet's females!" Mulder snapped angrily and backed away.

"Their deaths were necessary for the Seraphim race to continue to exist. We do not kill for the pleasure of it, Xofox," the Seraphim responded reasonably.

"Why was it necessary to *murder* the females on my planet?"

Xowolfe stalked closer to Mulder, ignoring the human's question. He wished that the young man was physically here so he could touch his beautiful body. "Tell me, Xofox, how are you able to come here?"

Mulder backed away feeling exposed and helpless, under the Seraphim piercing emerald gaze. "I...I don't really know. I only find myself here when...when I'm being penetrated by my lover's sex through my navel," he stammered, jumping when strong arms wrapped around his body from behind.

The look of utter outrage and hatred flashed across the regal Seraphim's beautiful face as he stared into Slava's mocking black eyes over Mulder's shoulder.

"That's right, Fox and I are enjoying the most delicious sex right now. His body is so perfect, don't you agree?" Slava taunted, licking the side of Mulder's throat, purposely teasing the being with something he knew it wanted. He glanced up at the Seraphim and saw that the creature was turning red with rage.

Slava continued playing with Mulder's body in front of the Seraphim. He stroked the younger man's nipples, hearing a satisfying moan issue from Mulder's lush lips. "Mm, yes, Fox is so very responsive, he loves having his nipples teased and there's a spot just below his ear that drives him wild when it's nipped just right. He has so many erogenous zones that they are too numerous to list. You should hear the erotic noises he makes when I bury my cock deep inside his ass and fuck him with long deep strokes."

"How *dare* you touch my mate, worm! I will flay you alive when I get my hands on you, human!" The King growled.

"Don't call me human, monster. I am a sorcerer and you will not find me easy to kill," Slava snarled. Then both him and Mulder disappeared as suddenly as they had appeared. The King stared helplessly into the empty space where their bodies once stood.

Mulder was shaking uncontrollably when Slava finally pulled out of his body. "Fuck you, you *sadistic* bastard! Are you happy now that you got to show him what a nice piece of ass I am!" he shouted, slapping the larger man across his face. "God, I hate you!"

Slava grabbed his wrists and held them trapped against the mattress over his head as he straddled the smaller man's body. "Fox, yes, I am happy. You're my piece of ass, and I wanted that fucking alien to know it! It's about time you admit it to yourself -- you love me, and you want me just as much as I want you!"

"Never!"

"Maybe, I should lock you up inside our bedroom again, until you come to your senses," Slava growled.

That got Mulder's attention immediately and he stopped struggling, he couldn't escape today if he was locked inside this room. "No. Please don't, Nikolai, I didn't mean it. It's just that I'm so afraid of that creature and I lost my head for a moment. Please, don't lock me up again."

"Tell me that you love me and I'll consider your request."

"I love you, Nikolai." Mulder leaned up and gently kissed his mouth.

"We shall discuss this further, Fox, after breakfast."


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Tuesday, March 1
8:00 a.m.

In the family room Spender sat watching the babies, he frowned when he noticed Hope's jerky movements as she played with her toy blocks. He hoped there wasn't anything neurological wrong with the baby. He stood and walked over to pick her up, when he noticed she had spelled out a word with the blocks.

"Hey, Gabriel, take a look at this," Spender called to the older man in the kitchen.

"What?" Hunter asked, stepping into the family room.

"What do you make of that?" Spender pointed to the blocks that spelled out *crayon*.

"I think we should get her a crayon and sheet of paper," Hunter said, holding out his hand, in it appeared a crayon and a large sheet of paper. He laid the paper in front of Hope and handed her the crayon.

Hope immediately tried to put the crayon in her mouth.

Skinner knelt down next to her and pulled the crayon away from her mouth. //No, angel, we do not eat crayons. See the nice sheet of paper; watch as daddy shows you how to write on it.//

Skinner guided her hand to the paper and wrote his first sentence. [Gabriel, its Walter.]

Hunter watched as Hope's hand froze in front of her mouth and moved down to write on the paper. "Walter, where are you? Are you in this room with us?"

[Yes.]

"What about Alex and Tony are they with you?" Hunter asked, excitedly.

Skinner looked up at Alex and Tony who were watching him guide Hope's hand. [Yes.]

"How long have you been here?"

[Since the beginning.]

Hunter looked puzzled. "Why have you waited until now to communicate with us?"

[Didn't know how.] Skinner kissed the top of Hope's head to calm her; she was getting tired of him guiding her hand.

"Walter, do you know what's been going on around here? I mean...ah...Fox going to Slava?"

[Yes.]

"We've been trying to get him back diplomatically, the U.S. government has lodged several complaints with Slava."

[We know. Gabriel, we don't want those new sorcerers within the mansion -- can you rid of them?]

"Sorry, Walter, but with you and Alex suffering from SBS, and Fox not here, the Director has taken over all security decisions at the estate, and there is nothing I can do."

[Understood. Don't turn your back on them, we don't trust them.] Hope started whimpering. //Sorry, angel, daddy is all done now,// Skinner murmured, picking her up and hugging her against his chest.

"Wow," Spender said, amazed by the baby floating in midair.

Skinner smiled and kissed her one final time then passed the baby over to Spender. //Go see your Uncle Jeff, angel.//


The Winter Palace
Tuesday, March 1
Noon

Slava answered the telephone in his office, and his face quickly clouded over with rage. "You're sure, General? Okay, I'll fly down immediately," he slammed the phone back in its cradle.

"CAPTAIN MIKHIN!" he bellowed.

The n'thral captain quickly entered his office. "Yes, moi Tsar?"

"Have my plane ready for me at the airport, and call my limousine driver, I need to be in Moscow immediately." Slava stood and rushed out of his office, heading for his apartment.

Mulder impatiently stood in front of the giant aquarium in Slava's entertainment room, hoping that watching the fish would calm his nerves as he waited for Boris' plan to get the Tsar out of St. Petersburg for the day to work. He jumped when he heard the front door slam open and Slava's footsteps pounding across the marble floor.

"FOX!"

"Yes, Nikolai?" Mulder said softly worried that his plans for escape had been discovered.

Slava pulled him into a tight embrace, crushing his lover's body against his broad chest. "Oh, my love, I have to leave you for the day. Some rebels are rioting and looting in Moscow, they've set several city blocks on fire."

Mulder sighed inwardly. "Do you have to go personally, Nikolai, couldn't you send someone else?" he asked, pretending to be worried about Slava's welfare.

"Yes, my regime is too new, it requires me to reinforce my rule over those that would challenge me. Don't worry, moi love, I should be back by tomorrow then we can spend the day in bed making love," he murmured, kissing Mulder's lips.

"Nikolai, am I free to visit Masataka while you're away?"

"Of course, my love, I'll inform Captain Mikhin to see to your needs until I return," Slava replied.

"Nikolai, couldn't you have Fyodorov attend to my needs, I'm not comfortable with your n'thral captain."

"Captain Mikhin can protect you, Fox, the sexual suppressant has him totally under control, so there is nothing for you to worry about," Slava said reassuringly.

Mulder looked at him sadly. "If you insist."

"Yes, I do. I'll see you tomorrow, moi love." Slava kissed him one final time then headed out of their apartment.

Mulder spent the next two hours pacing anxiously around the apartment. He was passing through the foyer for the twentieth time when Captain Mikhin entered.

"Master Fox, the Tsar asked that I escort you to see Mr. Izumi, and he's given me charge over your protection while he is away," Mikhin said proudly. "So if you require anything just ask me."

"Thank you, Captain Mikhin." Mulder followed the large n'thral to Izumi's studio. The Japanese artist stopped painting when they entered.

"Master Fox, it is good to see you again," Izumi said, bowing politely.

"Masataka, how is your latest project coming?" Mulder asked walking up to the smaller man and shaking his hand, and he leaned in and whispered. "Are you ready to leave?"

"*Yes* it's coming along wonderfully," Izumi responded.

Major Pyetr Yermolov stepped out from behind one of canvases that were scattered throughout the large workspace. "Captain Mikhin, if you don't want to get hurt I suggest you lay flat on your stomach and lace your fingers together behind your head."

"What is the meaning of this, Major?" Mikhin growled, approaching the smaller man.

Major Yermolov attempted to use his sorcerer powers to stop the large menacing giant. However, blue energy bolt he shot at him only made the n'thral angrier. Mikhin grabbed the young major by the throat and hoisted him off his feet into the air.

Mulder grabbed a chair and crashed it over the n'thral's back. Mikhin spun around still holding Yermolov by the throat with one hand, he grabbed Mulder's wrist with the other and pulled the immortal against his body. "So you planned to deceive my Tsar again, pretty one?"

"Let him go! You're going to kill him," Mulder growled, struggling uselessly.

"He's going to die all right, but it will be long and painful," Mikhin hissed, loosening his hold on the major's throat enough for him to breathe. The n'thral dragged them to the open door, turning to look back at Izumi. "I'll be back for you later, you can spend the evening in the dungeon and the..." Mikhin gasped as blood appeared on his lips.

Izumi watched, puzzled as the n'thral dropped Yermolov and let go of Mulder and staggered back into the room. When Mikhin turned to face the doorway Izumi saw the hilt of a knife sticking out of his back, it was imbedded between the Captain's shoulder blades. Izumi's eyes followed those of Mikhin's to the doorway where Fyodorov stood. Mikhin gurgled once in an attempt to speak then fell to his knees, his face twisted in rage as he tried to crawl to his attacker, making it only a couple of feet before losing the battle and his life. The little man stepped into the room and closed the door, he was wearing his heavy winter coat and fur hat.

"We must hurry, I know a secret tunnel that leads out of the palace, but we must be out before the sun sets because the tunnels will be crawling with ghouls," Fyodorov said.

Major Yermolov rubbed his bruised throat, accepting a helping hand up from Mulder. "Are you okay, Pyetr?" Mulder asked.

"Y... yes," Yermolov whispered. "What about him...do you trust him?" the major asked, looking worriedly at the Tsar's clairvoyant.

"No, but he did just save our lives so I think we should give him a chance to explain himself. Fyodorov, why are you helping us?" Mulder asked as he pulled on the heavy winter clothing that was stashed for him in Izumi's studio.

"I will be honest with you, Master Fox. I don't wish to die, and my life would have ended very painfully if I had remained here any longer. Escaping with you will at least allow me to see many more sunrises before my life comes to a relatively peaceful end," the little man answered sincerely.

Mulder pulled the heavy fur-lined hood over his head, which concealed his features within its depth. "Well then, Fyodorov, lead on," he said, noting that the other two men were ready to leave, too.

They followed the clairvoyant to an unused staircase that led down to the bottom level of the palace. Fyodorov guided them through several musty corridors then through a very old narrow corridor that looked like it hadn't been used in decades, at the very end was a heavy wooden door. The little man tried to open it, but it appeared to be stuck, Yermolov squeezed by him and placed his palm on the door and using his powers -- the door flew open.

The four men cautiously stepped into the tunnel. Fyodorov found two torches on the wall and lit them handing one to Yermolov while he took the other. "This way. Don't worry about the ghouls they are all sleeping and shouldn't bother us until the sun sets," he said as the light from his torch fell on several ghouls sleeping in recesses within the tunnel walls.

Mulder shivered with fear, it had been well over a year since he had to worry about ghouls. He followed closely behind Fyodorov, with Izumi behind him, and Yermolov protecting their rear. The tunnel was dank and smelled of death and decay. If he could survive this, hopefully it would be only a few more days before they are all safely in the United States. He prayed that his lovers and daughters were safe and that he could get to them in time before his country was invaded.


Chapter 7 - The Cure

St. Petersburg
Tuesday, March 2 6:20 p.m.

The small group made their way cautiously through the dark tunnels; they had been down there for a little more than an hour. Stagnant water had hindered their progress as they had to detour around impassible tunnels. Mulder averted his eyes from a human arm floating in the water below his feet. He had a handkerchief over his nose and mouth as he breathed, trying to block out the putrid smell of decaying flesh, which had earlier cost him all of the contents of his stomach. His eyes focused across the tunnel's expanse on a large crevice where two more ghouls laid sleeping.

Mulder glanced carefully behind him at Major Pyetr Yermolov who was closely watching the dormant ghouls for any movement as they passed them. There was less than an hour before it would be dusk and they had to be out of these tunnels by then. The tunnel floor was flooded with foul smelling sewage water and human remains, they were currently walking single file along a narrow ledge two feet above the flooded floor. The tunnels were a few degrees above freezing, unlike the frigid surface temperature which hovered at a frigid five degrees.

Mulder broke the silence as he asked, "Why hasn't Slava sent troops down here to eliminate ghouls?"

Fyodorov answered him in a low voice. "He thinks of them as guard dogs. Most men aren't foolish enough to come into the tunnels day or night and during the night the ghouls keep the city streets free of bandits and rebels. The law abiding citizens have learned to stay inside."

Yermolov snorted contemptuously, "Us sorcerers can easily defend ourselves against ghouls unlike humans. The Tsar doesn't seem to care how many innocent humans are killed by the ghouls every month."

Fyodorov glared back angrily at him, but bit back his retort as he came upon the tunnel he had been searching for. "It's through here," he informed them as he raised the torch to illuminate the side tunnel.

"How far is the airport from the exit?" the major asked.

"What does it matter? We cannot show our faces in such a crowded place. Major, a just received a telepathic message from my team of clairvoyants, Captain Mikhin's body was discovered moments ago by a palace guard and are they already searching the palace for Master Fox. I will conceal his presence from any that may such further, but we need to be as far away from St. Petersburg as possible before the Tsar returns from Moscow," Fyodorov advised, pushing open the heavy metal grating that led out of the tunnel. It opened onto an overhang that looked out over one of the city's many canals.

"I have a helicopter waiting for us at the airport. We don't have to go through the main terminal to get to it, we can use the service entrance," Yermolov responded, following the others as they edged their way along the narrow overhang to a set of stone steps leading to the street above.

"Very well, Major, we're about seven miles from the airport. Do you have a plan on how to get there? Or do we walk?" the small man grumbled as they climbed up the steps to the street.

Mulder listened to the two men bicker as he pulled his coat more closely around him. He lowered his head to prevent the few pedestrians that were bustling by from seeing his face that was hidden within the fur-lined hood. Mulder kept his eyes focused on Yermolov's coat so he didn't get separated from the man as they made their way down the cobblestone street.

As they walked Yermolov glanced around until he noticed a delivery truck parked next to a bakery. He watched as the baker hastily closed up his shop for the day. The man was hurrying home before the setting sun brought out the nightly ghouls.

Once the baker was out of sight around the corner Yermolov started over toward the truck. He glanced over his shoulder at the little man and said smugly, "We'll drive there, Fyodorov."

The three men hurried after him. The major opened the back doors of the truck, allowing Mulder and Izumi to climb in before he went around to the driver's side.

Fyodorov quickly scrambled into the passenger seat and looked over at the trucks ignition. "There's no key, Major, I hope you know how to hotwire a truck," he interjected smartly.

Yermolov glared at the little man who was starting to grate on his nerves. "Don't worry about it," he snapped. He used his sorcerer powers and the truck roared to life, he threw it into gear and headed toward the airport.

Mulder relaxed once the truck started moving. He glanced around the interior taking in the metal bread racks, feeling hungry he wished the baker had left some bread in the truck. He looked over at Izumi, but couldn't see the older man's face which was hidden by a hood similar to the one he was wearing. "Masataka, it shouldn't be too much longer before you're back with your nephew," he said reassuringly.

"Master Fox, I would first like to get out of Russia and as far away from Tsar Nikolai as possible before I even allow myself to dream about being reunited with my nephew and his family," Izumi replied anxiously.

"Please, call me Mulder," he said. "Masataka, I dream every waking moment about returning to my lovers and daughters, they were the only things that allowed me to keep my sanity these past few weeks," Mulder replied sadly. He grabbed on to the metal shelves to keep his balance as the truck bounced around a corner over the frozen ground.

"We all have different methods of coping, Mulder. With me I have my artwork," Izumi said. "Why don't you tell me about these men that you love," he asked, sensing the younger man needed something to focus his attention on.

Mulder smiled bitterly, several minutes passed before he answered. "They're not going to be too happy with me when they find out that I went to Slava for help. I really wouldn't blame them if they withdrew their love from me," he said miserably.

"Why would they do that? You thought the Tsar had a cure for their disease and you sacrificed yourself for them," Izumi said. He quickly grabbed the side of a shelf as the truck squealed to a sudden stop.

They heard the doors to the truck open and slam shut and feet crunching on snow covered pavement. The back doors were jerked open and Yermolov stuck his head in. "C'mon, we must hurry, before they think to shut down the airport," he said breathlessly as he helped Izumi out of the truck. Mulder brushed off his helping hand and smoothly jumped onto the pavement.

The young major led them across the runway to a helicopter. After all three men were safely buckled in he started the rotors then called for clearance from the tower. They waited several long nerve racking minutes before they received the okay to take off.

Once they were safely in the air and heading southwest out of St. Petersburg, Fyodorov asked, "So, Major, do you have any idea where you are going?"

"No, Fyodorov, I thought we'd just fly around in circles until we were out of fuel," Yermolov replied sarcastically.

Mulder rolled his eyes in disgust and intervened before their arguing got out of hand. "Fyodorov, Pyetr has planned this escape to the last detail, so please, stop trying to egg him on," he ordered.

"I apologize, Master Fox, but I wasn't trying to annoy him. I really only wanted to know where we are going, and besides it didn't look like he had your escape from the palace planned out very well," the little man said, bluntly.

"It's Mulder, Fyodorov, we're no longer at the palace so there is no need to follow protocol. Now is there?" Mulder retorted, annoyed.

"Okay, but then call me Marat. Now can you please enlighten me as to where we are going? Or do I have to read your minds?" Fyodorov grumbled.

"We're going to the U.S. Embassy in Germany, and from there we'll board a plane to the United States," Mulder informed him. "And, Marat, don't ever attempt to read my mind."

They sat quietly for almost an hour watching the landscape change below them. Mulder pulled down his hood and opened the heavy coat, his hands trembled as he unfastened the buttons; he was feeling relieved and anxious at the same time. It was an extremely uncomfortable feeling. He was worried about his lovers' health and afraid of their reactions after they found out about him and Slava. The pending threat of the invasion didn't even figure into his current worries.

"Do you want to talk about it, Mulder?" Izumi asked.

Mulder thought for a moment, he was feeling weighed down and agitated and needed to find some release for these feelings. Usually he would go running to relieve his stress, but that was not an option. He looked into the older Japanese man's eyes and saw genuine concern within their depths. "Yes, it might help. Masataka, you asked why I thought my lover's would withdraw their love from me. Deep down I don't believe they will, but I'm afraid that it will change from what it had been. We had finally established an equal relationship, built on love and trust, and I have single handedly destroyed that trust. You see, Walter and Alex had been very possessive and protective of me because of my mutation. It took me a long time to convince them that I could take care of myself, and that I never wanted anyone other than them. Now I have Slava's scent all over me, they will never forgive me for going to him or trust me again," Mulder said quietly.

Yermolov glanced in the mirror at the beautiful man sitting behind him. He couldn't blame any man for being possessive where Fox was concerned. If Fox were his, he'd never let him out of his sight. He thought it was a good thing that this disease had left Alexei comatose and unaware of what his lover was doing, otherwise he would be frantic with worry by now.

"So, you're afraid they will start treating you like a possession and only use you for their own sexual gratification just like the Tsar was using you," Izumi said.

"Sort of. They would never treat me as badly as Slava had. However, I've dealt with their possessiveness before so I know what they're capable of." Mulder leaned back and closed his eyes against the deep anguish and guilt he was feeling. "God, it is all my fault! I just don't know if I'll be able to tolerate them treating me like that," he replied, disheartened.

"Mulder, why don't you wait until you talk to them first before borrowing guilt ahead of time. They just might surprise you and understand," Izumi reassured him.

Fyodorov sadly looked out the window, and said, "The Tsar couldn't help the way he treated you, Mulder. He never was taught how to show his love any other way. However, he really does love you, and your leaving is going to hurt him a lot."

"Why do you care, Marat?" Mulder asked.

"Mulder, you forget that I can see the future. In time Tsar Nikolai will become one of this world's greatest rulers, he will learn how to love and eventually come to respect human life," Fyodorov said. "If it weren't for him, Russia would lay in ruins and its people enslaved."

"But, I don't have to be here for this future to come about, and my leaving him won't keep him from learning how to respect human life, or does it?" Mulder questioned.

"No, Mulder, the role you played is over, but the two of you will never be totally free of each other," Fyodorov sighed, thinking about the seven baby girls whose existence Mulder didn't even know about. His eyes met Izumi's over Mulder's shoulder.

The artist knew instinctively what the clairvoyant was thinking. "Tell him, Marat. He has the right to know," Izumi said.

Fyodorov didn't want to be the one to tell the beautiful immortal about the babies because he felt partially responsible. However, he knew that he had to, and he sadly said, "Mulder, it was the Tsar that had sex with you on your birthday, and he used mind-control to steal your semen on Halloween. He did it as a way to bind you to him forever, he thought that you would never leave him if you had children together."

Mulder's face drained of color. "What do you mean? Are you saying that we have...I have..."

"They haven't been born yet, but you and the Tsar have seven beautiful baby girls," Fyodorov informed him gently.

"God. We have to go back! I can't leave them in Slava's hands!"

Yermolov looked back menacingly at Fyodorov. "Mulder, it's too late! The Tsar will be back in St. Petersburg before we can return for them, and even if we could get there before him, we have no way of transporting them and their growth cylinders," he replied.

"Oh god, I'm going to be sick," Mulder moaned, bending over he buried his face in his hand and silently wept.

Izumi soothingly rubbed his back. "Ssh, Mulder, they'll be okay. Tsar Nikolai loves them, he will take good care of them."

"Slava doesn't know how to love, they will just be expensive pieces of property to him," Mulder whispered. "Why couldn't you have told me about them before now?"

Fyodorov looked at him guiltily. "The Tsar wanted to save them as a surprise for you on the day of their birth. No one in the palace would have dared mention them for fear of death. Don't worry, Mulder, the Tsar has hired seven nannies, one for each girl, your daughters will be given everything that they could ever want."

"When are they scheduled to be born?" Mulder asked with a catch in his voice.

"March 3rd," Fyodorov said.

"Two days. I've missed seeing them by two days," Mulder sighed. The heartache he was feeling was too great and he retreated inside himself for the rest of the flight.


The Winter Palace
Tuesday, March 2 1:00 a.m.

Slava stood silently on the steps of the Winter Palace looking sorrowfully out over the square. Torchlight could be seen in all directions as his army and the Russian people searched for his missing lover. He could not sense Fox's presence and knew his lover was no longer in St. Petersburg, but the search gave his people something to do and brought them closer together.

He had been a fool for leaving Fox behind when he should have taken him to Moscow with him. There was no one at the palace that matched his lover's quick wits and intelligence. It must have been easy for Fox to fool them and escape. What had ever possessed him to leave Fox under the protection of Mikhin? He felt a sadness over his old friend's death. They had once been as close as brothers, but that was before the virus had altered them. However, he realized he had no one but himself to blame. *Fox why did you leave me?*

Slava was pulled out of his self-loathing by one of his many scientists. The man stood nervously waiting for the Tsar to notice him.

"Yes?"

"Moi Tsar, we have developed the cure for SBS," the small man replied. He was startled as the large Cossack flung back his head and started laughing.

Slava wiped the tears from his eyes as his chuckling subsided. The irony of the situation was too much for him. "Of course you have, Antonov," he said. His eyes became distant as he gazed back out over his city.

The scientist waited for several anxious minutes for the Tsar to speak again. He knew that his life was over for failing him.

"Antonov, send the cure to Dana Scully in America at Foxfire Glenn Estate. I do not want her to know where it comes from, so send it through our consulate in London and have them send the email to her through a untraceable address," Slava said.

Antonov was speechless, he wasn't certain that he had heard the Tsar right. He stood waiting for the yelling, the anger, and the destruction that had always been the Tsar's way of dealing with defeat.

Slava looked at the smaller man whose mouth was hanging open. "Is there something else, Antonov?" he asked softly.

"No, moi Tsar, it will take a couple of hours to get all of our notes entered into the computer. I'll get started right away," Antonov said, bowing he quickly rushed away.

Slava sighed and looked up at the star speckled nighttime sky. "Fox, wherever you are, know that my love is with you always." He turned and walked back inside his palace.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Tuesday, March 2 3:00 a.m.

Hans Schatz awoke disoriented and trembling with his heart frantically pounding. He was panting from a shortness of breath and his body was bathed in sweat. The fleeting images of a larger body crushing him under its weight were rapidly fading as his conscious mind pushed them away and Frohike's concerned face came into focus. He was being held protectively in his lover's arms and Melvin was gently rocking him and whispering soothingly into his ear.

"Ssh, Hans, it was only a dream," Frohike murmured, kissing his brow.

"God, Melvin, it seemed so real. I was back with Hector and... " No. He didn't want to remember. He buried his face into the safety of his lover's shoulder, breathing in Frohike's familiar comforting scent. The stubble of the little man's chin was pressed against his forehead as he nestled closer. What would he ever do without Melvin in his life? Melvin was his shield, his knight, his confidant, and his love. Hans had never met anyone who had made him feel more cherished and respected, Gabriel's face flashed briefly before his closed eyes and he pushed it away not wanting to admit his attraction to the handsome blond sorcerer.

They lay quietly for several minutes. Frohike allowed him to get his emotions under control, and made no other attempts to touch Hans other than to hold him. He knew exactly what his lover needed after coming up from one of his frequent nightmares -- being held protectively and nothing more.

After his terrors subsided Schatz eased away from Frohike's sturdy body and gazed down into his lover's gentle eyes. Frohike smiled tenderly up at him, waiting for Schatz to make the first move. Hans combed his hand through the thick mat of hair on Frohike's chest as he leaned down and captured the older man's lips in a kiss. His other hand moved up to Frohike's head and he twined his fingers through the older man's hair holding his head immobile, so he could do a thorough exploration of his mouth. When he finally pulled away both men were breathing heavily.

A shiver raced up his spine as Frohike's hand caressed up his thigh and between his legs. The older man fondled his balls then traced a finger from his perineum to his anus and back to his balls then stroked back over his perineum and traced circles around his anus, then back again. Frohike did that until Schatz was pushing back on his finger, his body willingly opened to allow him in.

"Tell me what you need, gorgeous?" Frohike purred, twisting his finger within his lover's body, staring into his lover's beautiful sapphire blue eyes.

"You, Melvin. God, I want you buried to the hilt inside me," Schatz moaned lustfully as he brushed his long, silky blond hair out of his eyes. He was straddling Frohike's hips and could feel the older man's erection pressing against his thigh just beneath where his hand was skillfully preparing him.

Frohike pulled his hand away and Schatz squatted on his knees straddling his body. Hans gazed lovingly into Melvin's totally aroused face as he reached behind him for his lover's thick cock. He positioned it against his opening and bore down, the wide head easily popped into his relaxed anus with only the slightest burning sensation. Hans waited for his body to adjust before he sank further down on Frohike's long shaft.

"Oh god, sweetheart, you are too good for me," Frohike moaned as his lover sank all the way down -- his ass was resting flush against the older man's heavy balls.

Hans' cock was erect and brushed against his flat stomach, there were still no outward signs of the baby that was growing within. He threw back his head. God! It felt so good to be filled by his lover's thick cock and he could feel Melvin's pulse rate from its throbbing inside him. "Melvin, I love you," Schatz murmured, leaning down to kiss his lips.

"Not as much as I love you, gorgeous," Frohike replied, holding the back of his lover's head so he could deepen the kiss. He still had a hard time accepting that someone as beautiful as Hans could really be in love with him.

Hans pull away slightly, and replied simply, "Much more, Melvin, you are my whole life." He saw a smile spread across his lover's scruffy face. He knew his lover was not considered handsome, but to him Melvin was the most beautiful man on the planet.

Hans smiled back as he started rocking up and down on Frohike's cock, the little man's eyes turned glassy from the stimulation. Frohike tossed his head back and forth with his mouth gaping open as he moaned loudly. Hans pulled up then sank back down; his lover's cock expanded even larger inside of him. Hans set an up and down rhythm angling for his own prostate with each downward motion, sending bolts of sheer pleasure coursing throughout his body. The mattress springs were squeaking noisily and the headboard pounded against the wall from his up and down movements. Hans was not even aware of the loud sounds of pleasure he was making as he rode his lover's cock to simultaneous orgasms.

The young immortal sank fully sated into his lover's arms and Frohike held him tightly peppering his face with feathery kisses. Hans sighed as the older man's softening penis slipped out of his body. They were both sticky and sweaty; their chests stuck together as Hans pulled away. "Do you want to share a shower, lover?" he asked.

"Yeah, just give me a little more time to recover," Frohike sighed.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Tuesday, March 2 5:00 a.m.

Hunter quickly woke the household; the United States was under attack and the attacking armies were focusing their main forces on Washington D.C.

"What do you suggest, Gabriel?" Sawada asked. "Should we start evacuating for the cave?"

"No, not yet. The line of sorcerers protecting Washington is still holding, we should be able to hold our own here even if some of the attacking forces get through their lines," Hunter replied.

"Gabriel, maybe it would be wiser to send some of the family to the cave," MacIver drawled.

"I agree with Rory, Gabriel. We should at least send Kimberly, Justin, Joe, Hans and the babies now. Shinji and I still have work to do in the lab," Scully said.

Hunter weighed their arguments for several minutes. He looked over at the new sorcerers some of whom he still didn't trust. "I don't like the idea of splitting up, so we'll all leave together at noon."

Scully objected. "I'm going to remain here."

Hunter met her china blue eyes, and knew better than to challenge her. "Okay, Dana, but Rory stays here with you."

"Fine," Scully said. "I'll be down in the lab if anyone wants me." She needed to call her husband and son, then check on her brothers and nephews.


U.S. Embassy Germany
Tuesday, March 2 10:00 a.m.

Mulder anxiously paced around the small office while arguing with Ambassador Cox, they had been going at it for two hours. He had been looking forward to leaving for the U.S. this morning, but the Ambassador refused to allow him to go. Mulder was feeling tired and irritable; he hadn't been able to sleep last night, and to make matters worse his cycle was starting tomorrow, and already he was stressed out over his body's extreme desire to become pregnant. He did not want to spend his three-day cycle stuck here.

"Agent Mulder, the United States is under attack! We cannot allow you to go there," the Ambassador repeated, exasperated.

"Dammit! I have to get back to my family! I haven't been able to get through to them by telephone. Please, I need to know if they are all right."

"Agent Mulder, I can't allow you to fly into danger."

"Fine, I want to go to London then," Mulder said, deciding on a new approach. After all, London was further away from Slava and closer to the U.S., he'd figure out how to get home from there.

"Okay, fine, your helicopter has already been refueled, and I will inform Ambassador Redding that you will be landing there," Cox said, relieved to be getting rid of the troublesome agent. He had been worried that they would be attacked if anyone found out that Mulder was here, and he was more than happy to let Redding deal with him.

Mulder left the office to find Yermolov and Izumi to tell them the news, but instead he ran into Fyodorov who was waiting for him outside of Cox's office.

"So, we are going to London?" the little man asked.

Mulder had been hoping to leave the annoying little man here in Germany. "Wouldn't you rather stay here, Marat?"

"No, I'd rather tag along with you. You need me, Mulder. Pyetr is not very good at reading people's minds. I can be of great service to you in that area. You really need a clairvoyant along for your protection," Fyodorov reasoned.

Mulder was about to argue, but instead he shifted uncomfortably; there was something about the little man that was starting to arouse him sexually. At that moment Yermolov and Izumi walked up to them. Mulder's eyes met those of the handsome sorcerer and a wave of desire hit him. "Oh fuck," he muttered as it occurred to him what was happening. His body was targeting the two men present that could get him pregnant, and he knew these feelings were only going to get worse -- much worse.

Yermolov and Fyodorov knew from reading Mulder's panicked and unguarded thoughts what was happening. They watched Mulder's face flush beautifully with desire for them and felt their bodies responding in kind.

Izumi looked on questioningly. He didn't understand what was going on among the three men. He noticed Mulder's look of arousal for both Yermolov and Fyodorov and their bodies responding to it. All three men were sporting obvious erections and shifting from foot to foot uncomfortably.

Mulder swallowed hard and nervously licked his lips, he said, "Pyetr, I need you to fly us to the U.S. Embassy in London. Once there I need to be sedated for three days...will you do that for me?"

Yermolov chastised himself for his body's response. This man was Alexei's lover and he could never betray his friend's trust. "Of course, Mulder. Don't worry I won't touch you or allow anyone else to touch you." He glanced menacingly at Fyodorov. He had been present at the Tsar's dinner the night the conversation was brought up about immortals being predisposed to becoming pregnant, so he knew what Mulder was going through.

"Thank you, Pyetr," Mulder sighed, relieved. "Can I ask another favor of you?"

"Yes."

"If I ever ask you to...ah, have sex with me *don't* listen to me. I'm not sure if I have the willpower to resist my body's demands," Mulder replied pleadingly.

"Mulder, I promise that I will try to resist you, but I may not have the willpower myself if you throw yourself at me," Yermolov answered honestly.

Izumi thought that this was the strangest conversation that he had ever heard. What was going on with these men? He thought Mulder was worried about his lovers' reaction when they found out about Slava, now here he was almost throwing himself at both Yermolov and Fyodorov.

Mulder met Izumi's questioning eyes. God, the man must think he was some sort of a sexual deviant. "Masataka, do you know anything about immortals?" he asked. He desperately needed Izumi's help to protect him from himself.

"I only know what I've heard about through palace gossip, and what I've found out since meeting you. I know you can become pregnant by sorcerers or clairvoyants."

"Yes, that is true, but it goes deeper than that. Once a month immortals go through a three day cycle where we experience an uncontrollable compulsion to become pregnant. There are only three immortals on this planet who aren't pregnant yet," Mulder replied as he led the three men back to their rooms so he could collect his coat.

"You are one of them, Mulder? What about Shinji Takeda?" Izumi asked.

"Shinji is three months pregnant," Mulder answered, shrugging on his winter coat. Fyodorov and Yermolov left to retrieve their coats.

"That is wonderful news. Kazuo and Shinji are going to have another child together." Izumi was thrilled with the news.

Mulder paled when he realized that he had never told Izumi about MacIver. "Ah...not exactly. Masataka, there is something else you should know about immortals. It is pretty common for us to have two or more lovers. Shinji has another lover and the baby belongs to him." Mulder had learned through the research that Justin Blaise was doing on immortals that fifty percent of them already had more than one lover. Particularly the ones that had sorcerers for their first lover. Mulder wasn't sure if this was a physical need on the part of the immortal or just a coincidence. Having both Walter and Alex as lovers seemed natural to him, and he didn't see anything odd or morally wrong with it. Although, he knew that he would hate it if either Walter or Alex brought home another lover. He did not want to share them with anyone else.

"Oh my, is Kazuo okay with this other man?" Izumi frowned.

"He wasn't at first, but now they are best friends." Mulder waited for Izumi to pull on his coat. Then they walked out into the hallway and met the other two men.

They headed outside to the helicopter pad. Mulder tried to distract himself from his body's cravings by focusing his mind on other things, but every direction his thoughts took him only brought him sadness and worry. He would be sedated over the next three days while his lovers' and daughters' lives were in danger, and he could do nothing about it. If anything happened to them he could not go on living, at least he was comforted by the knowledge that there was at least one way for him to end his life.


Tunisia
Tuesday, March 2 11:00 a.m.

An elderly man stood taking long drags on his cigarette while staring into a long glass cylinder. Inside the cylinder was a body. It was mainly skeletal with some partial organs inside its chest cavity and flesh clinging to portions of its bones. Next to the cylinder was another cylinder with an almost identical body inside.

"They are looking a lot better since the last time I was here," the smoker finally said.

"Yes, the cell regeneration started to speed up once their skeletal structure was fully regenerated," a man in a white lab coat said. "It's hard to believe that these two bodies were only ashes a little over a year ago."

"How much longer until they are fully regenerated?" the smoker inquired.

"At their current rate of regeneration, I'd say only a few more months," the scientist replied.

"How's our other research project going?"

"Remarkably well. We've been retrieving data from the Americans who are doing research into a cure for the SBS virus. They've advanced our knowledge of the sorcerer mutation by decades. If they can find a cure for the disease it might be the key we need to unlock the secrets to genetically changing humans into sorcerers."

"Very good, Doctor. I want to be notified at once when you develop the process for mutating a normal human into a sorcerer," the smoker said with a slight smile on his lips.

"Of course, sir. Do you plan on trying the process on yourself?"

"Yes. Doctor, becoming a sorcerer would afford me protection from my enemies and help to advance our research," the smoker replied. However, he would first get revenge against his wayward sons.

He gazed back at the regenerating bodies of the two immortals who they had inadvertently killed through incineration over a year ago, or so they had thought. These two men would become his lovers once he was turned into sorcerer, and in time Fox and Jeffrey would have some new brothers and sisters.

What he was looking forward to the most was killing Fox's lovers. How dare they even think they were good enough for his son! Only he would decide who Fox marries. There were several world leaders he could trade his son's hand in marriage to for a nice settlement. Yes, Fox was going to make him a rich and powerful man. He dropped his cigarette on the lab floor and ground it out beneath his foot. Then he left the lab to make plans for the future.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Tuesday, March 2 11:45 a.m.

"It works!" Scully exclaimed, staring through the scope of the labs microscope at the sample of Skinner's blood as the infected cells were systematically destroyed by the mysterious miracle drug they had made from the formula that had been sent to her through an anonymous email.

"Let me see." Takeda anxiously took Scully's position in front of the microscope.

"We're going to need to prepare a larger dosage to test on one of our patients, but we'll need to get more nightshade first," Scully said, still amazed that Takeda had the deadly herb in the first place.

Hunter was leaning against the wall next to MacIver. Both men were staying out of the way of Takeda and Scully as they listened intently to their conversation, which was the most promising news they'd heard in weeks. Hunter knew it was too dangerous to go into D.C., some of the foreign troops had broken through their lines of defense, and there was hand-to-hand combat occurring throughout the city. However, they needed to retrieve the herb.

"Dana, I can run into D.C. and pick up the herb if you can tell me where to find it," Hunter said.

"I'm not sure, Gabriel, its not the type of herb that you're likely to find at a herbalist or a pharmacy," Scully said. "Shin, do you remember where you got the nightshade in the first place?"

"Yes, it was through a friend of Langly's who has a small occult shop somewhere downtown," Takeda answered.

Scully looked thoughtful. They had no way to contact Langly; the invading army's clairvoyants and sorcerers were interfering with all communications going into and out of D.C. and the surrounding area. It was only sheer luck that the anonymous email had made it through with the cure. "Frohike should know where the shop is, Gabriel. Do you think the two of you can manage to get into D.C. and retrieve the herb and get back safely?" she asked.

"It shouldn't be a problem." Hunter looked perplexed for a moment. "We need to start evacuating the mansion first, I don't want the family trapped here while we're gone." He didn't like the idea of leaving his friends without his personal protection, but he saw no other way.

"Okay, but before you do that, I need you to give a copy of the formula to Major Murphy Walker, he needs to get it over to the CDC immediately. He also needs to get a sample to the CDC's office in Chicago. It may be the only chance we have to stop the invasion," Scully said. She prepared two packages that each included copies the printouts, floppy diskettes with the copies of the email, and a small sample of the drug they had just made.

Takeda looked firmly at his lover. "Rory, I'm going to stay here with Dana. She's going to need my help preparing dosages of the drug," he said. "We're going to need to prepare enough dosages for the FBI sorcerers at Viva Tower and the others hidden throughout D.C."

MacIver looked like he was about to object, but decided it would be better to have Shinji safely under his protection. "Okay, Shin. I'll tell Kazuo."

Twenty-minutes later the family was packed into three separate vehicles. The first vehicle had the sorcerer from Greece driving with Blaise in the passenger seat. Sawada was in the back with his daughter, and Hope and Faith. Skinner and Krycek watched sadly as the SUV drove off with their daughters.

Duffy was driving a customized Humvee with Kimberly and her two daughters, Hawk, and the sorcerer from Mexico. Kimberly wasn't happy about leaving Tony behind, but Scully had assured her that if Hunter and Frohike didn't get back from D.C. in time they'd pack Walter, Alex, and Tony into the remaining truck and meet them at the cave.

Schatz sat nervously next to Spender in the back seat of the third and final vehicle. The sorcerer from Argentina was driving and next to him was the sorcerer from Korea. Hans didn't feel comfortable being separated from Melvin or Gabriel, and he particularly didn't like being in the same vehicle as the two strange sorcerers. He wished he had thought to switch places with Blaise.

After the trucks were thirty miles from the estate. Carlos Ramirez glanced through the rearview mirror at the two men sitting in the back seat. The beautiful blond immortal was staring nervously out the window licking his full lush lips and Spender seemed to be deep in thought. Ramirez slowly let up on the accelerator and watched Humvee in front of them pull further away. He glanced over at Hong-Woo Lee, and noticed a frown appeared on the Korean's face. However, before Lee could open his mouth to speak Ramirez killed him.

Spender shot upright. "What the hell..." was all he got out before he was thrown over the front seat as Ramirez slammed on the breaks to the SUV. Spender hit his head on the windshield and was knocked unconscious, collapsing on top of Lee's body.

"NO!" Schatz screamed as the SUV came to a stop and a large custom panel truck pulled out of a side road and stopped along side them.

Hans unfastened his seatbelt and leapt out of the SUV, he only made it a few steps before an arm shot out from behind the panel truck and pulled him struggling against a powerful chest. He didn't even need to see the immense creature that was holding him, he could tell who it was by the foul smelling body odor.

"Doll, you're not going anywhere, but home with me," Hector Cardoso purred into his wayward lover's ear as swept him up into his powerful arms and carefully placed him into the back of the panel truck and eased his larger frame in beside him, closing the doors behind them.

Hans stared at him speechless. He was scared out of his mind. It was like something from one of his worst nightmares. As he tried to edge away he realized that he was on a soft mattress that took up the whole back of the truck. He looked down at it in shock. It left no question what his former tormenter planned to do.

"Like it, Doll? I didn't want to wait to have you," Cardoso growled lustfully. Pulling Schatz over to him, he proceeded to devour his mouth while ripping off his clothing.

Ramirez quickly climbed into passenger seat as he noticed Duffy's humvee had stopped and was turning around. "We better get the fuck out here!" he shouted at the driver.

The human driver hurriedly threw the panel truck into gear and sped away.

Duffy skidded to a stop along side the abandoned SUV and leapt out, he watched angrily as the panel truck raced off. "Everyone get out of the truck," he ordered hurriedly. He needed to keep up with the panel truck, but he couldn't put the family in danger, and he wouldn't fit into the abandoned SUV.

Hawk and Kimberly quickly unhooked the babies' car seats and carried them safely out of the Humvee. The Mexican sorcerer rushed over to the SUV and helped Spender as he stumbled out of it holding his bleeding head. The first SUV with the Greek sorcerer driving slid to a stop next to the Humvee and Sawada jumped out followed by Blaise.

Before they could protest his actions Duffy shouted, "Take care of them, Kazuo." He jumped back into the Humvee and took off in pursuit of the panel truck.


Washington D.C.
Tuesday, March 2 1:45 p.m.

"C'mon, let's get the damn *weed* and get back! I don't feel comfortable leaving Hans in the protection of those foreign sorcerers! I can't even fucking read the minds of three of them. For all we know one of them could be a fucking psychopath!" Frohike growled agitatedly. He had not wanted to accompany Hunter, but knew the man would have had a hard time finding the small shop without him. The shop was hidden deep within the old dilapidated warehouse district.

They stood inside the deserted occult shop as Hunter searched the shelves for the nightshade. "If you could give me a hand searching, Melvin, we'll be out of here quicker."

"Oh, right. Sorry," Frohike said and started to search the other side of the shop.

It took them a half-hour to find a large container of the plant hidden behind hundreds of other jars. "We should deliver some to the CDC before we head back," Hunter said. He was sure Scully had overlooked the possibility that the CDC might not have ready access to the deadly herb.

Frohike shot him a look of contempt. "Okay, Boy Scout, you take half of the weed over to the CDC and I'll head back to the estate with the rest."

"No, Melvin. We stick together, it will only take us twenty minutes to get to the CDC from here," Hunter growled.

"Damn it, Gabriel! Every fucking second counts!" Frohike argued.

"Then stop wasting them and get your ass in gear," Hunter shot back as he ducked out of the shop. He scanned to deserted streets for danger then darted over to his car.

Frohike quickly followed him. He climbed into the passenger seat and took the jar of nightshade from Hunter. Several blocks away from the shop they ran into a minor firefight between the U.S. marines and several of the coalition troops. All the men on both sides appeared to be either human or n'thral. Hunter used his powers to quickly dispatch the foreign troops; he received an appreciative thumbs up from the marine commander. He eased his Porsche along side the marine.

"Colonel, I need to get a portion of this plant over to the CDC. They need it for preparing a drug that will hopefully cure our sorcerers of SBS. Do you think you could spare a few men to deliver it to them?" Hunter asked.

"Son, I'll deliver it myself if it has even the slightest chance of working," the Colonel drawled.

"That will be great, Colonel," Hunter said. He dug through the glove compartment and pulled out a plastic bag and transferred part of the plant into it. "Tell whoever is in charge that this is nightshade, and it's to be used with the formula Dana Scully sent to them." After Hunter passed the bag to the colonel he shifted his Porsche into gear and sped out of D.C. toward the estate.

They arrived at the estate forty minutes later. Hunter was relieved to see that no foreign troops were in the vicinity, yet. When they reached the lab, Scully grabbed the nightshade from them and started measuring out a portion of it which she placed it into a copper vacuum-sealed vat to cook. There was a curved tube from the vat to a beaker, and after twenty minutes, a purple fluid started to drip into the beaker.

Skinner, Krycek, and Tony all stood in the lab and watched Scully and Takeda work hastily to prepare a large container of the drug.

//I hope this works,// Krycek muttered.

//Yeah, I don't like being separated from Kim and my daughters,// Tony replied.

//Scully knows what she's doing. If anyone can cure us, she can,// Skinner answered.

When it was finished Scully tested it on another sample of Skinner's infected blood then looked at it under the microscope. She sighed with relief when it killed off the infected cells and left the other ones alone.

"Let's go test it on Walter," Scully said.

Takeda, in the meantime, had filled several bottles with the liquid and was quickly sealing each of them as Scully retrieved three syringes and filled them with the remainder of the drug. "If it works on Walter with no ill effects, then we'll give it to Alex and Tony," she said, taking the syringes and heading upstairs to bedroom.

The other four men hastily followed her out of the lab. They only made it halfway upstairs when they heard gunfire coming from outside, it sounded like it was just outside the main gates.

Hunter got a far away look in his eyes. "Damn, they have six sorcerers with them. Dana, test the drug on Walter! Rory and I will try to hold them off for as long as possible," he said, racing back downstairs and out the front door with MacIver right on his heels.

Scully, Frohike, and Takeda ran up the remaining steps and into the bedroom. Scully rushed over to Skinner's bedside. Tristan Woods had been keeping watch over the three men's bedsides and jumped to assist her. He swabbed Skinner's arm with antiseptic and watched as Scully plunged the needle into a vein.

//God, I hope this wor...// Skinner started to say. Then he simply vanished leaving Krycek and Tony standing there alone.

Skinner opened his eyes after a couple of minutes, and squinting against the harsh light. He looked up at Scully and smiled. "Thanks, Dana," he wheezed out, his voice rough from lack of use.

"How do you feel?" she asked softly, while Woods checked his heart rate and blood pressure.

"Fine, a little stiff, but I'm sure that's from not being able to move for over a month," Skinner said.

"Good, I would have liked to run a few more tests before I give Tony and Alex the drug, but we're under attack so there won't be time. We're just going to have to chance it," Scully replied.

Skinner groaned as he attempted to ease his body off the bed, every muscle protesting he collapsed back down on the pillow.

Takeda stepped forward and laid a hand on Skinner's chest. Using his healing powers, he healed the muscle and joint pain the older man was feeling. Scully and Woods, in the meantime, had moved over to Krycek's bedside and were repeating the process on him.

"Thanks, Shin," Skinner said as he climbed out of bed feeling a hundred percent better. He quickly dressed in the clothes that Woods had draped over a chair next to his bed. He made telepathic contact with Hunter and MacIver.

*Gabriel, we'll be right down!*

*Take your time, Walter, these sorcerers didn't prove to be much of a match for Rory and myself,* Hunter replied, relieved to hear Skinner's voice. He wanted to get to the cave to be with the rest of the family, but particularly Hans, for some reason he was feeling anxious about the younger man's welfare.


U.S. Embassy London
Tuesday, March 3
9:00 a.m.

Mulder slammed down the receiver, he was more stressed out than he had ever been before in his life. He needed to get through to his family to at least let them know where he was, and that he was trying to get home to them. He glanced over at Yermolov who was watching him. Mulder stopped his frantic pacing and studied the handsome man, he took in the younger man's fine bone structure, piercing black eyes -- they could produce such a beautiful baby together. Would it really be wrong? It would feel so good.

Yermolov met Izumi's worried eyes before turning back to Mulder. The two men had been watching Mulder stalk restlessly around the bedroom suite. The young Russian major's heart leapt into his throat at the lustful look Mulder was now giving him, and his cock throbbed its desire to take the beautiful immortal. Think of Alexei! Yermolov silently scolded as he dragged his eyes reluctantly away from Mulder's beautiful face. "Mulder, we will continue to try to reach your family, but I think it would be best if we sedated you now."

"Oh, shit," Mulder said as he realized that he had totally forgotten about his family as his body focused on the handsome sorcerer. "Yes, I think that would be best, too," he murmured softly, closing his eyes to block out Yermolov's handsome face.

Izumi went into the bathroom and came back with the bottle of tranquilizers and a glass of water. "Mulder, how does this usually work?"

"After I take the tranquilizers I usually sleep in five hour increments. My body tends to throw off the effects of the tranquilizer faster than normal humans. Whenever I wake up, I take two more pills. After ten hours I usually get up and use the bathroom, and Tristan always has something for me to eat and drink before I take more pills until I get through the three days," he replied sadly.

"Okay, Mulder, I'll see that a meal is prepared for you when you wake up the second time, and no one but myself will be allowed into the bedroom," Izumi said. He opened to door and signaled that Yermolov should leave.

"Thanks, Masataka," Mulder replied. After Yermolov had left the bedroom he shrugged out of his clothes and climbed into bed, taking the pills Izumi held out to him. He then laid back and waited for the drug to take affect.


Chapter 8 - The Invasion

Viva Towers
Tuesday, March 3
9:00 a.m.

Scully, Skinner, Krycek, and Woods headed into D.C. with the SBS serum while Tony, Hunter, Frohike, MacIver, and Takeda went to join the rest of the family at the cave.

Once in D.C., they split into two teams: Skinner and Scully, and Krycek and Woods. They spent the next seventeen hours going through the city and surrounding areas giving shots to as many sorcerers as they could locate while hiding from the coalition's invading armies. Unfortunately, the invaders had already killed all the sorcerers at the Georgetown Hospital and several other medical facilities throughout the city, only those who had been hidden and protected by clairvoyants had survived. What disturbed Skinner were the stories by survivors that the doctors at the hospital had all been taken away by the invading troops who had also ransacked the hospital of all its medical supplies and equipment.

As the American sorcerers began to recover from the SBS shot, they joined with U.S. troops defending their city. They already knew what had been happening around them, and were anxious to take on the invaders.

Skinner had saved going to Viva Towers for last because it was the best protected, and would keep, where too many others were exposed and vulnerable to the invaders. At Viva Towers, the clairvoyants had formed a protective shield around the entire complex, and the foreign troops passed by the building without even realizing it was there.

They currently were inside Agent Lars Johnson and Agent Marty Smith's apartment, both men were FBI sorcerers. Agent Sullivan was attending to Johnson who had just woken up after four weeks of being in a coma. Dana Scully was in Agents Smith's bedroom injecting him with the serum. Scully yawned as she closed up her medical kit then smiled at Skinner. "Sir, Agent Smith was the last sorcerer, shall we move on?"

"No, Dana, I think that you should get a few hours of rest first," Skinner said gently.

"Sir, we don't have time!" Scully argued loudly. Then lowered her tone as Agent Smith opened his eyes and groaned. "Here drink this, Marty," she said, holding a glass of water to his lips.

Skinner watched Scully attend to her patient, then said quietly, "Dana, we were able to revive close to three hundred sorcerers. They should be able to hold D.C. until the CDC can distribute the cure to the rest of the country." He continued talking to her as he helped Agent Smith to his feet and across the room into the bathroom. "We both could use some rest, and I want to try to contact Gabriel again to find out how Hope and Faith are doing. We might just be able to get through the block the invaders have on our communication lines by now."

Scully could see the worry in Skinner's eyes as she followed the two men into the small bathroom and she said tiredly, "Okay, sir, we'll take a three hour break. I want to try to call Jonathan too, him and Scott went with my brothers and nephews to St. Louis to get away from the fighting." Scully noticed the look of embarrassment on Smith's face who standing in his briefs next to the toilet, and she hurriedly left the bathroom to give the younger agent his privacy.

Ten minutes later Skinner stepped into the living room after making sure that Smith was able to function on his own. He pulled his cell-phone from his pocket, frowning, when he heard the static come from it. *Alex!* He called out telepathically. The younger man should be close enough to make telepathic contact.

*Walter, what?* Krycek answered tired and grumpy.

*Are you and Tristan free to meet us at Viva Towers?*

*Give us an hour. We're just finishing up in Alexandria. God, it's been almost impossible finding anyone; they've been too well hidden,* Krycek complained.

*Yeah, but at least it's kept them alive,* Skinner replied.

*There is that. Why do you want us at Viva Towers? Did you run into some trouble?* Krycek asked much more alert.

*No. I need you to stay with Dana while I head out to the cave. Alex, I haven't been able to make contact with them yet, and that has me worried,* Skinner replied honestly.

*Walter, I'm coming with you. Dana will be fine at Viva Towers. Just place her in Agents Lars Johnson and Dakota Jones care.*

Scully walked over to Skinner, she could tell by his expression that he was telepathically talking with someone, she guessed it was Alex.

Skinner glanced at her guiltily, and replied to Krycek, *Alex, the invaders are taking prisoners throughout the city. Dana would be too tempting a target for them. I don't like the idea of just leaving her in anyone else's care -- you know she is not going to want to stay put as long as there are more sorcerers that need her help.*

*Walter, there are thirty FBI sorcerers living at Viva Towers, assign ten to help Dana distribute the cure, she's a trained agent after all,* Krycek growled agitated, he wanted to be with his daughter.

Skinner sighed, he knew Krycek was right, but he just didn't feel comfortable leaving Scully without his personal protection. If it weren't for her, they would still be in a coma back at Foxfire Glenn.

*Okay, Alex. Let me talk to Dana first.*

*I'll see you in an hour, Walter.*

After he ended his telepathic link with Krycek, Skinner turned to Scully. "Dana, Alex and I are going to be heading out to the cave to check on our family. You are welcome to come along with us or I could assign a team of FBI sorcerers to help you distribute what remains of the SBS cure."

"Walter, I'm needed here. We have enough serum left for at least ten sorcerers. Then I want to go to the CDC to see if they have a fresh batch that we can use. Major Walker should have gotten the formula to the CDC office in Chicago by now, so hopefully its being electronically distributed to all of the medical labs throughout the country," Scully replied, yawning tiredly.

"Dana, do you think it will be difficult for them to find the nightshade to use in the drug?" Skinner asked.

"The plant is indigenous to parts of the country. A botanist should be able to help locate it," Scully replied.

Skinner thought for a second. "Alex might be able to use matter manipulation to duplicate the plant. I've never seen anyone as good as he is at it."

"I'm not sure if I want to chance it just yet. What if his copy is missing some genetic material that is key for the cure?" Scully argued. She had finally come to grips with their sorcerer abilities, but Alex's ability to form objects out of thin air still had her at a loss. She didn't know if the objects he had whipped up were real or not.

"Alex can create some when he gets here then you can drop it off to be analyzed at the CDC," Skinner reasoned.

"Okay, Walter, I'll do that. I'm going to go lie down for a while. Wake me when he gets here," she said, heading for the sofa.

Skinner went into the kitchen to join Johnson and Sullivan. Sullivan was fixing them breakfast. He took a seat at the counter to wait for Alex, and to have a much-needed cup of coffee.

"Don't worry, sir, we won't let anything happen to Agent Scully," Sullivan said, placing a plate of food in front of Johnson. Sullivan and his boyfriend Noah Logan had been caring for most of the sorcerers that were living at Viva Towers.

"Thanks, Jack. Scully is going to need all the protection she can get while she distributes the serum. We estimate that there are close to six hundred sorcerers still hidden around D.C. and the surrounding area," Skinner replied.

"We'll locate as many of them as we can, sir. Now that our sorcerers are well, we can start taking the offensive against those bastards," Sullivan growled.

Johnson was moving slowly; it was an effort to get the fork full of eggs up to his mouth -- all of his muscles were protesting from their lack of use over the past weeks. "Yeah, just give us a couple hours to recover and we'll teach those bastards what a major mistake they've made by attacking this country."

Skinner smiled into his coffee cup at the bravado in his young agent's voice. The A.D. had personally been involved in the training all of the FBI sorcerers and he wanted to command them when they took the fight to the invaders. However, he needed to see that his daughter, niece, and friends were all right first. "Johnson, save a few of them for me. I'm going to check on my family; I'll try to get back here as quickly as possible."

"Sir, we'll gift wrap one of 'em especially for you," Johnson smiled broadly, feeling better with every passing minute.

Skinner chuckled, then sat back to wait for Krycek.


Aircraft Carrier
Tuesday, March 3
10:00 a.m.

"What in the *hell* happened to that fucking n'thral?" King Gullbrand bellowed as he glanced at the map in the war room in dismay. It marked their armies' progress and was being continually updated by a team of clairvoyants. What should have been a simple campaign was turning into a disaster, and it was all Warlord Hector Cardoso's fault. The n'thral and his troops were not where they were supposed to be. Consequently, the tight circle they had formed around the city had a gaping hole in the center, which had given the Americans room to breathe and time to regroup.

King Gullbrand, Pharaoh Menes II, and Warlord Cardoso made up the team that was attacking the American capital. Warlord Havock and Emperor Kong Woo Long were concentrating their forces on the West Coast primarily San Francisco, while King Raschan and Sultan Casmiri attacked New York City. They weren't worried about the U.S. military; their sorcerers could easily neutralize any missiles or aircraft that the Americans launched at them.

"We have other problems, Gullbrand," Pharaoh Menes II said.

"What other problems?" the King growled.

"I've been receiving reports that the Americans have more healthy sorcerers in D.C. than we had otherwise suspected. They must have been laying low until we had committed the bulk of our forces to the ground campaign against their city. They are now picking us off like we were sitting ducks," Menes II replied.

"Dammit, man! Why didn't you know this ahead of time? It was *your* job to gather the information on the America's defenses!" Gullbrand swore, running his fingers nervously through his thick blond hair.

"Don't blame this on me, I did my job! My reconnaissance showed only a couple of hundred sorcerers protecting the American Capital. They must have moved in more healthy sorcerers from other parts of their country since then. No war ever goes perfectly, Gullbrand," the Pharaoh huffed angrily. He did not like to being blamed for their failures, even if he was at fault.

"Be that as it may, that still doesn't explain where that fucking n'thral is!" the King snapped back.

"Yes, we might still have had the advantage if Cardoso hadn't vanished on us and taken his troops and ships with him!" Pharaoh Menes II reasoned. He would see the blame for their present circumstances was placed squarely on the shoulders of the missing n'thral.

Gullbrand looked back at the map that was being updated frantically by their clairvoyants. The Americans had reclaimed even more sections of the city. "We will deal with that overgrown ape later. Right now, we need to get reinforcements here if we are going to capture this city. I'm going to order King Raschan and Sultan Casmiri to stop their attack on New York and help us down here," he growled. At the same time, he thought of all sorts of things he would do to Hector Cardoso when he got his hands on him.


The cold ocean wind blew through the loose clothing Hector Cardoso wore, it flapped like a flag against his body as he stared out across the shimmering ocean from the ship's bow. He could see one of his twenty warships off to their starboard side. He snickered to himself thinking about the look that would be on that arrogant Norwegian's face when he noticed their absence. The coalition's war meant nothing to him now. He had gotten what he had come for. He wrapped the leather leash more firmly around his hand. The leash was attached to a thick, white, leather collar that was fastened securely around his beautiful immortal lover's long, graceful neck. Cardoso would never allow Hans Schatz out of his sight again. He would always keep him on a short leash at his side, to be available for his pleasure at a moment's notice.

Hans Schatz tugged uselessly at the collar, trying to get it away from his throat. It was pressing uncomfortably against his Adam's apple and making it difficult for him to breathe. His other hand held the white, leather loincloth in place as the wind tried to blow it away from his body.

"Don't play with it, Doll. In time you'll get accustomed to having it there," Cardoso said, tugging firmly on the leash he pulled Hans closer.

"Never!" Schatz hissed. He flinched with revulsion as his naked flesh contacted the n'thral's hard body. Besides being leashed like a dog, his captor had further humiliated him by dressing him in a skimpy garment. It consisted of two white leather triangles tied together by leather strips that formed a loincloth covering his ass and groin; it tapered down to a point just level with his knees. He wore white leather sandals as well, but nothing else. The cold wind from the ocean caused goose pimples to breakout across his flesh, and his teeth clattered together uncontrollably as he stood shivering. It almost made him stand closer to Cardoso for warmth, which he figured was one of the points behind the outfit.

"We will be home soon, Doll. But first, we will deal with this parasite you are carrying," the n'thral said, wrapping his arm around the smaller man's chest and pulling his back against his stomach. His other large hand splayed across the immortal's belly, and he pressed down feeling the small lump inside.

"Don't," Schatz whimpered, afraid for his child.

"You are an immortal, my dear. Nothing can hurt you for long," Cardoso purred and continued to probe.

"Please, Hector...don't injure my baby. I'll do anything...just please don't hurt her," he sobbed, tears streaming down his face.

"Anything?" Cardoso chuckled. "Doll, you'll do anything regardless of what I do to this parasite that is infecting your perfect body. I think it would be best if we take care of it now. It would be less painful for you than if I were to wait and kill it later."

Schatz struggled madly against the giant's body as he felt Cardoso's fingers squeeze his belly and knew the immense giant intended to crush his baby to death. "No! Ppplease, Hector, it's a girl. Yyyou can sell her for lots of money," he sobbed miserably, his words barely understandable.

Cardoso stopped squeezing. He was only a fraction away from snuffing out the life growing inside his beautiful slave's body. "How much money?" he asked.

"Mmmmillions," Schatz stuttered.

The n'thral warlord weighed that in his mind. Millions of dollars or watching his doll's perfect body bloat as that thing got larger inside of him. "How long until it is born?"

"Sssix mmonths."

"Very well, Doll, I'll allow you six months. However, if that thing isn't out of your body by then I will cut it out!" he growled, removing his hand.

Hans shook uncontrollably thinking how close he had come to losing his baby to the monster holding him. *Oh, Melvin, where are you? Please, oh please, save our daughter from this mad man,* he cried out telepathically.

The heads of several of the ship's clairvoyants and sorcerers turned to stare in sympathy at the beauty standing within the confines of their leader's arms. There was nothing they could do or dared to do to help the pretty thing. It distressed them that their leader would even think about killing the priceless female fetus that the immortal was carrying.

Cardoso stroked and petted the younger man's body while around them the warship bustled with activity as men and n'thrals scurried by performing their appointed tasks. Whenever anyone passed close, they would slow and gaze appreciatively upon the beautiful erotic creature their leader had tethered to his arm. One small man walked nervously up to the pair.

"Sir, we have the prisoners lined up below and ready for your inspection," he said nervously.

Cardoso's hand shot out as he backhanded the man across his face for rudely interrupting him. The force of the blow threw the unfortunate man against the ship's steel guardrail.

"Diaz, never interrupt me unless it is something important!" the giant barked.

"I apologize, sir, it won't happen again," Diaz slurred as he regained his feet and backed away wiping blood away with his sleeve.

"Where do you think you're going, Diaz?" Cardoso asked as he played with Schatz's nipples.

"To see to the prisoners, sir," Diaz answered nervously.

Cardoso purred into his slave's ear. "Doll, would you like to see my latest slaves? Maybe we can find one for the arena. It's been awhile since you've enjoyed one of my death matches."

Schatz cringed in dread. He had tried to forget the bloody sport that his abuser enjoyed so much. He closed his eyes to blot out the bloody images and screams of pain that Cardoso's casual question conjured up.

Cardoso took his silence as acceptance. "Show us these new slaves, Daiz," he said as he turned back to the small man.

They followed him down to the bowels of the ship, to a hold next to the boiler room, which was extremely hot and smelled of body odor. Lined up in the middle of the sweltering room were ten humans and twenty n'thrals wearing leg irons. The chains were attached to eyebolts in the ship's flooring, limiting the men's movement to only two feet. Sweat poured off the captives' bodies, plastering their shirts to their chests. They all had a difficult time breathing in the hot dry air of the hold.

Cardoso's eyes immediately fell upon the largest n'thral he had ever seen. The creature was so big that he stood hunched over. He was too tall for the eight-foot ceilings. Cardoso was the tallest n'thral in his country standing close to eight feet tall, he estimated this n'thral to be at least a foot taller. He was so engrossed in studying the creature that he missed Schatz's slight gasp of surprise.

Schatz quickly hid his thoughts and stilled his emotions as he met Duffy's kind eyes. Somehow, he knew that everything would be all right now that this gentle giant was here. He knew regardless of the chains holding him that Duffy would find a way to rescue him. He gave a silent prayer of thanks that Melvin had taught them each how to conceal their thoughts. He now had a glimmer of hope to help him get through this ordeal, and back to Melvin.

Duffy was relieved to see that Hans looked no worse for wear. He knew the risk he took by allowing himself to be captured. If Ramirez was on board this ship, his life would be finished. However, he couldn't allow them to abduct Hans without trying to rescue him.

"Slave, what is your name?" Cardoso asked Duffy.

"Jason, sir," Duffy answered honestly, knowing that the clairvoyant standing next to Cardoso would know if he lied. It didn't matter how well he was able to hide his thoughts; a direct lie could easily be detected. He only hoped that Ramirez didn't know his first name, everyone at the estate only referred to him as Duffy.

"Jason. A name of a warrior. Do you know how to fight, Jason?" Cardoso asked, picturing this giant armed only with a club as he went up against several humans armed with swords in his arena.

"I am a humble farmer, sir," Duffy said, trying to avoid answering the question directly. It was true that he was a farmer or at least had been one at one time in his life. He did not want to reveal his vast experience as a soldier.

"Sir, he is telling the truth. He is not a fighter," Diaz replied. He didn't even try to probe Duffy deeper, he thought that n'thrals weren't smart enough to hide their thoughts from clairvoyants.

"Well, we cannot let such a magnificent creature go to waste. See that he is given training for the arena. You have two months to make a fighter out of him," Cardoso replied. He then resumed studying the rest of his slaves, pulling Schatz along on his leash as he roamed down the line of men and n'thrals.

The prisoners couldn't keep their growing desire for the beautiful immortal from showing on their bodies. Because of Shatz's pregnancy, he was no longer taking the anti-pheromone drug. Although his body wasn't producing as many pheromones as it normally would, it was still producing more than if he were taking the drug. With the exception of Duffy who was still on the sexual suppressant that lasted for three month per dosage, all of the other prisoners and guards were now sporting large erections, and only the chains were keeping the n'thral prisoners from attacking Schatz. Cardoso was getting hard again after only fucking Hans an hour earlier.

"Do any of these slaves have any special skills or training?" Cardoso asked, ignoring his arousal and the lustful stares the prisoners were giving his immortal lover.

"No, sir. They are all common laborers," Diaz answered cautiously. He knew that the large n'thral wasn't going to like that.

"What about the slaves on the rest of my ships?"

"No, sir. King Gullbrand's and Pharaoh Menes' troops took all of the doctors, engineers, and scientists. They even took the three women we captured, but they did leave us the lawyers and politicians," the smaller man replied. As a lawyer himself, he was confident that last part would at least placate his leader.

"Those *fucking* ingrates! We were to split the prisoners equally! I'm surprised they didn't take my prized n'thral," Cardoso growled, looking pointedly at Duffy.

"Ah, sir, we captured him on our way out of the city, not during the joint ground campaign."

Cardoso's face turned purple with rage when he realized that he had been played for a fool. Then his eyes rested on Hans, and he grinned maliciously, he would have the final laugh after all on those bastards.

"Come, Doll, I need a fuck," he growled, tugging on the leash he drew Hans against his chest. The young immortal's blond head only came as high as Cardoso's nipples. The n'thral's fingers laced through the young man's thick, silky hair and pulled his head back, bending he kissed Hans roughly before dragging him out of the ship's hold and up to his cabin.

Duffy's eyes bore holes into Cardoso's broad back as he dragged Hans struggling out of the room. He would tear that bastard apart with his bare hands.


Virginia
Tuesday, March 3
Noon

Skinner anxiously glanced at his watch as they drove toward the mountains. They were still too far to make telepathic contact with the others. He looked over at Krycek who had a faraway look on his beautiful face. It still amazed Skinner how much Alex resembled their lovely mother. "He'll be okay, Alex. We'll go to Russia and get him back as soon as this war is over."

"How could Fox have been so stupid and irresponsible as to trust Slava and abandon our daughters. They needed him, Walter. He should have put them above all else," Krycek grumbled.

"You know him, Alex, for someone who's been betrayed as often as Fox, he is still too trusting. He wants to believe so badly that he leaps into situations without thinking them all the way through. However, you have to cut Fox some slack this time, he was so scared for our lives and our daughters that Slava's claim of having a cure offered him hope," Skinner said.

"Walter, admit it, it was a stupid thing to do! Faith and Hope needed him and he wasn't there for them. When we get Fox back I'll make sure he thinks things through before he ever does anything so stupid again!" Krycek snapped.

Skinner looked at his half-brother astounded; he had never seen the younger man so mad before. He wondered what Alex had planned for their wayward lover. "Alex, go easy on him. He's probably feeling bad enough already."

"That the problem, Walter! We've been too easy on him and look where it's gotten us! We started to treat him like he was the same man that he was before the virus, but he's not, and we have to accept it and see that he accepts it, too," Krycek complained bitterly.

"Alex, what are you suggesting? That we go back to how it was before Doctor Vettelman? Fox was about to leave us because of the way we were treating him," Skinner argued.

"Walter, Fox would have never have left us, and if he tried we would never have allowed him to go. You know it and I know it, deep down Fox knows it, too. Our marriage licenses say until death and I intend to hold him to that." Krycek rolled down the window to let some cool air into the car.

"This isn't only about Fox is it, Alex?" Skinner knew that Alex had a deep hatred for Slava and he wondered if more had happened between them than Alex had told him.

Krycek scowled at him before answering. "Fox went willingly to Slava even after that man had raped him twice! They're probably having sex right now and you know Fox is enjoying it. Walter, Slava is a wealthy, handsome man...I'm worried that Fox may not want to come back to us. You know how easily immortals can fall in love."

Skinner frowned, there was still so much they didn't know about immortals. Shinji had recently discovered that immortals could fall deeply in love with a man because of some genetic bond that already existed between them, and they didn't even have to have sex with him first. Shinji had been researching why so many immortals were taking more than one lover. He had received blood samples from the immortals and their lovers and had discovered some genetic link within their DNA. Skinner didn't have a chance to discuss Shinji's theories with Fox and they hadn't given Shinji samples to test, but he was certain that was why Fox had fallen in love with him and Alex. He didn't even know if Shinji had told Fox his theories, his lover had been too involved in a case at that time. "I doubt Fox will fall in love with Slava. If he was going to, he would have done so a long time ago. He'll return with us, Alex, I can promise you that. What worries me is what happens if Fox meets someone that he is genetically bonded with? Will he be able to resist him?"

Skinner had been so engrossed in their conversation that he hadn't even realized that they had made it to their destination and he almost missed the turn leading up the mountain road. "Shit!" he said as he slammed on the brakes and swung the SUV around.

"I say we lock him up and throw away the key," Krycek muttered sullenly, holding onto the door as the SUV spun around and bounced up the bumpy winding road.

Skinner nodded his head in agreement, as he drove the SUV off the road and parked it behind his cabin out of sight. He pulled in next to the other three SUVs. He was climbing out when it occurred to him that Duffy's Humvee was missing. Then he noticed the cracked windshield on one of the SUVs. *GABRIEL!*

*Walter, thank God, you're finally here. I don't think I could have kept Melvin here much longer, and I won't let him go alone,* Hunter said exasperated.

Frohike's frantic voice resounded inside of Skinner's head. *Walter, someone's abducted Hans!*

Krycek and Skinner started running in the direction of the cave. *Gabriel, has anyone been hurt?*

*Carlos Ramirez killed Hong-Woo Lee, and Jeff was injured, but he's already been taken care of by Blaise and Hawk. Don't worry, Walter, all of the babies are fine,* Hunter replied.

They made their way through a tunnel and into a cave. They crossed the cave to a side tunnel that led to Duffy's underground chambers. The door was standing open and they entered the noisy, humid cavern. Krycek made a beeline straight for his daughter, picking her up he hugged her tightly and rained kisses over her. She giggled with delight, "Dadda Alik."

"Oh, cutie, I've missed being able to hold you so much. Daddy Alex will never leave you this long again," he cooed, oblivious to the commotion going on around them.

Hunter and Frohike were already pulling on their coats. Skinner had taken the time to pick up his daughter while he was questioning them about how they planned to find Hans.

"Ramirez was from South America. We believe that he was working for Hector Cardoso, and that Cardoso has Hans. We'll find out if he is holding Hans somewhere in D.C. or has taken him onboard a ship off the coast. They should still be in the area as long as the coalition is attacking this country. I would doubt that Cardoso would leave in a middle of a war," Hunter replied hastily, double checking the rounds in his gun. "Hopefully, Duffy was able to track them and can alert us as to where they are."

"Gabriel, Melvin, be careful," MacIver said, he was holding Ayako in his arms. He wanted to go with them, but the family needed his protection here. Shinji and Kazuo walked up, and put their arms around MacIver's waist, and watched sadly as their friends prepared to leave.

"Keep in contact with us if you can. We'll try to help you if it's at all possible," Skinner said.

"Thanks, Walter. We'll keep in touch," Hunter said and rushed after Frohike who was already jogging back toward the cabin.

"Walter, can you fill us in on what's happening in the city?" Sawada asked as the others gathered around. They had no way of finding out what was going on in D.C. with the war.

Skinner filled them in as best he could, all the while cuddling his daughter. He had missed her more than anything, but he had to leave her again to go back to D.C. to help defend it.


High Seas
Tuesday, March 3
3:00 p.m.

Hans Schatz tried to distract himself from the enormous cock opening his body. He couldn't do it no matter how hard he tried his body would always betray him. Even the foul smell of the monster fucking him and the stinky, soiled mattress his nose was pressed against weren't enough to stop his body's responses. Although the smell made him gag and his stomach lurch threatening to empty its contents, he was still painfully erect and wanted to come badly.

Schatz hated Cardoso more than he hated anyone on this planet or beyond. He hated him even more than he hated the little gray aliens that had killed Earth's females. Hans had seen the n'thral kill his father and uncles, crushing the life out of their bodies with his bare hands like the monster had tried to do with his unborn baby.

Now he lay naked and exposed on top of a filthy mattress that took up most of the floor inside captain's cabin while his body was being used to provide pleasure to his most hated enemy. Oh God, he needed to come so badly that tears of shame were streaming out of his eyes and soaking into the mattress. The force of Cardoso's giant organ pumping in and out of his body was wrenching unwanted pleasure from him with each hard thrust, which humiliated him tremendously. Schatz felt like he was betraying Melvin as his cock jutted out stiffly against his semen-covered belly in response to the fucking he was receiving. He wanted to keep the pain that he experienced the first few times the giant plunged his eighteen-inch cock into his body. However, his body had adjusted to the large organ, and now he only felt the initial pain of penetration then it would change over to pleasure. Try as he might he couldn't go into his mind to hide, his body wouldn't let him -- it was the curse of being an immortal. Hans had thought he had better control over his body's desires than other immortals. He had stayed faithful to Melvin no matter how much his body and soul desired Gabriel, too.

Cardoso was careful not to rest too much of his weight on the smaller man. He did not want to crush him as he had already done twice before, causing Hans to lose consciousness. It was not fun to fuck an unconscious body; he enjoyed feeling his lover squirm beneath him, and the sounds of pleasure and pain Hans made during their fucking drove him wild. Cardoso's fingers bruised the immortal's smooth, ivory flesh as he held onto the his slim hips to keep Hans from being dragged backwards as he pulled his firmly held cock out. He slammed it back in, causing the mattress to slide a couple of inches over the floor. The hot tightness of the sheath around his cock amazed him, and the smell of his lover intoxicated him making him giddy. He had been fucking Hans over the pass four hours and he was still as tight as when they had first started. Cardoso had used other men for sex while he searched for his missing lover. The men that lived past the first fucking had soon become too loose and unresponsive to satisfy Cardoso's rampant hunger.

Cardoso pulled all the way out and chuckled with delight at the sound of frustration that his wayward lover made. His hand engulfed the smaller man's stiff penis and squeezed it firmly. "You want to come, Doll, then you have to do some of the work. I want you to turn around and fuck yourself on my pole," he purred, sitting back on his knees with his thighs spread and his hard shaft jutting out from his lap.

Schatz pushed wantonly into the n'thral's hand then turned around and stare hatefully at Cardoso's smug face when the hand was withdrawn. He looked longingly at the massive cock that had been deeply inside him a few moments ago. His whole body ached for relief as he crawled blindly toward it. Hans was on his feet positioning himself over the thick head when he came to his senses, staring in horror at his own fingers laced through Cardoso's thick, long chest hair, and he tried to pull away, but the giant thrust up impaling him. Pleasure retook his mind and body as the cock filled and stretched him to the breaking point. Hans' eyes glazed over as he started working himself up and down angling for his prostate. The n'thral squeezed his ass cheeks and forced him to go faster up and down on the enormous organ. Hans moaned and whimpered as his cock finally exploded adding more splashes of milky come onto his belly and chest.

"Very good, Doll. Now let me show you how a real man fucks," Cardoso growled as pulled Hans off him and forcefully turned his body so he was back kneeling on the floor with his ass in the air. In one quick thrust Cardoso remounted the young man and relentlessly started to fuck him, his heavy low hanging balls slapped against the young man's ass and thighs adding bruises to the other marks already covering the milky white flesh. Hans mind focused on the depth that Cardoso was driving his cock into his body. He didn't know how he was able to take it so deeply; it felt like it would come out through his throat. Finally after ten more minutes the giant was spurting into his body then pulling out with a wet plopping sound.

Hans lay still on his hands and knees too exhausted and sore to move, his anus felt like it was stretched wide open as the cool air hit it. The n'thral's sticky come streamed down his thighs, then he felt the giant's tongue licking him clean and probing deep into his anus. Cardoso sucked out his own juices then licked along his lover's crack, gobbling both the younger man's balls into his large, hot mouth and rolling them around until his tongue had them spotlessly clean. Cardoso then gently rolled him onto his back and straightened out his stiff limbs before licking clean his cock and belly. "Doll, you taste unbelievably good," Cardoso purred between swipes of his tongue.

Schatz shuddered with disgust, feeling the drying saliva on his naked flesh. It was Cardoso's preferred method of bathing him. In the many long months when he was held captive by the n'thral before, he was only given the luxury of a shower six times. He knew that was only because the monster had been away invading and pillaging surrounding cities and villages.

"Come, Doll, let's get something to eat. Then we can take a romantic stroll around the deck," the n'thral said, pulling Hans to his feet he ignored the sharp cry of pain that issued from the young man's perfect lips. Cardoso fastened the loincloth back around his slave's trembling hips then he clipped the leash back onto the collar and attached the end to a hook in the wall while he dressed.

Hans' eyes avoided looking at the n'thral's large hairy body, he shifted painfully his anus was inflamed from the hours of fucking it endured. His eyes focused on the stained mattress; swallowing hard at the blood, semen, and other unmentionable body fluids over its surface, he quickly shifted his eyes to the wall. If he got through this experience with his sanity in check, he'd consider himself extremely lucky. He concentrated hard and projected an imaginary image of Melvin's gentle face onto the wall and smiled softly, he'd get through this for Melvin and their baby. He would not allow Cardoso to take that away from him.


Aircraft Carrier
Tuesday, March 3
4:30 p.m.

"Cardoso has taken his entire fleet back to Argentina," Pharaoh Menes II stated.

"Did you find out why he decided to up and leave in the middle of our war? He is not a coward, he must have had a good reason," Gullbrand growled. Their reinforcements had arrived and they were recovering some of the ground that they had previously lost.

"It appears our sneaky n'thral associate was able to pull a fast one on us. He has gotten his hands on Hans Schatz and is taking him back to Argentina with him," Menes replied as he studied Gullbrand's handsome face closely.

King Gullbrand's face darkened with rage. He had wanted the beautiful blond-haired immortal for himself, and the thought of that monstrosity touching the pretty, young man drove him insane with jealousy. "When we are finished here we will take our forces down to Argentina and teach that n'thral a lesson," the King said quietly.

"Gullbrand, don't think that the pretty blond immortal will be yours. After we kill Cardoso we will decide who gets him fairly," Menes replied.

"Menes, when we capture the other immortals then Hans Schatz will belong by default to Warlord Havock," Gullbrand replied reasonably.

"Maybe, maybe not. Havock was to get Fox Mulder, and I've been informed that the sly little Fox has slipped away from his Russian Bear, and he's on his way back to America," Menes chuckled.

Gullbrand snarled at him, "Let's win the war first! We shall discuss the spoils afterwards!"

The Pharaoh walked away chuckling, he knew he had hit a sore spot with the Scandinavian. The King's desire to own the tall, leggy, blond-haired immortal was so blatantly obvious he couldn't help challenging him.


St. Petersburg
Tuesday, March 3
5:00 p.m.

Slava sat in the nursery holding his newborn daughter tenderly in his arms. He was singing softly to her in Russian as he gazed lovingly upon her beautiful face while she suckled from a bottle, her little fingers opened and closed in time with her suckling. She was perfect, just like the rest of his daughters, each of whom he had held. Tears of joy warred with tears of sorrow running silently down his cheeks. He finally had his daughter in his arms, but Fox was not here to share in this moment with him.

Fox should have been here. He wanted his lover not only as a part of his life, but also as part of their daughters' lives. It was important to him that his baby girls get to know their immortal father as well as himself.

One of his daughters' young nannies stepped forward and took the empty bottle from him. She then held out her hands for the infant, which she placed over her shoulder to burp. The other young and pretty nannies were cooing happily over their appointed charges. His daughters would not spoil for attention with these attentive, loving women watching over them.

All the women were young, only in their early-twenties, and they had a youthful enthusiasm that he enjoyed.

"Natasha, I must attend to some matters of state. Please, don't hesitate to interrupt me if there is even the slightest problem with the czarinas," Slava said, standing and smoothing out the creases in his pants.

"Yes, moi Tsar," she murmured and curtsied.

After he had left the room, all the nannies turned to each other giggling.

"He is so hot!"

"Did you see how gently he held his czarinas? I wouldn't mind him holding me that way," Nina sighed breathlessly.

"Dream on, Nina. He only has eyes for his Fox, and what a Fox. I sneaked a peek at him while he was here," Anna bragged.

"Oh, Anna, you were lucky that you weren't caught! The Tsar would have been so angry," Nina replied. Slava had banned them to the eastside of the palace because he didn't want his lover to find out about the babies. "So, tell us is he as beautiful as they all say he is?"

"Much more so, he had the prettiest eyes that I have ever seen. They changed colors as he was talking, and he had the thickest lashes. His hair was different shades of brown; it looked so thick and silky. I just itched to run my fingers through it. Oh, you should have seen his lips *wow* talk about luxurious, and he had the cutest little mole on his cheek. God, I wish he hadn't been kidnapped. I would have loved to meet him. The poor Tsar is so broken hearted," Anna sighed.

"He will get his Fox back, you cannot keep true love apart," Irina said, looking up from where she knelt beside one of the cradles.

The other women all murmured their agreement then went back to chatting and caring for the infants.


London
Tuesday, March 4
4:00 a.m.

Mulder staggered back to bed. The effects of the last sedative had left him feeling listless and sad. However, it did have a positive effect it dampened his compulsion for a baby to a bearable level. He swore as he stubbed his toe on the foot of the bed.

"Mulder, are you okay?" Masataka Izumi asked, coming into the bedroom from the connecting room.

"Masa, go back to bed. You don't have to lose sleep over me. I'll be fine," he sighed. Limping the last few steps to the bed, he sat shakily on the mattress.

"Shut up, Mulder. Now answer my question," the older man said forcefully as he poured a glass of water from a pitcher on the nightstand and handed it to Mulder.

Mulder hid a smile upon hearing the tone in Izumi's voice; it reminded him of Scully. He took a deep sip of water then became solemn as he answered the older man's question. "My toe hurts, I'm tired, and I just had a dream about my new daughters," he murmured, bowing his head to hide his eyes as they welled up with tears.

Izumi sat next to him and gently rubbed his back. "Tell me about it? It is not good to keep it in, it will only become more painful," he said soothingly.

Mulder's body trembled, turning he buried his face against Izumi's shoulder and wrapped his arms around the older man's body. Izumi returned the embrace and held the young man tightly as Mulder broke down sobbing in his arms.

When he got himself back under control, Mulder murmured, "It wasn't a bad dream, I have so many of those that I've learned how to deal with them." He relaxed in the Izumi's comforting embrace and murmured against his shoulder. "Masa, you should have seen them, they were all so beautiful. I wanted more than anything to hold each of them, but to know that I will never have the opportunity hurts so much. I want to go back to see them and be with them. They are my daughters, I have that right!"

"Fox, you have to let them go. I know it hurts not to be part of their lives, but with them comes Tsar Nikolai. You have to focus on your other daughters and husbands. I think the choice you have to make is pretty clear," Izumi said gently as he eased the younger man away and reached for the bottle of sedatives.

"I will never be able to let them go. They are a part of me and will always be in my heart. However, I will take your advice and try to focus on Walter, Alex, and our daughters. Masa, when we get back to America, please promise me that you won't tell anyone about Slava's and my daughters. I want to tell them myself, but only when I'm ready," Mulder said, taking the two tablets that the older man handed him.

"I promise, Mulder. Now get under the covers you have two more days to get through," he scolded.

Mulder allowed Izumi to tuck him in and smiled softly at him. "Thanks, Masa, for everything."

"You're welcome, Mulder. Now sleep," he said, turning out the lights.


Chapter 9 - The Victory

London
Monday, March 6
1:00 p.m.

The severe pain caught Mulder completely by surprise as he crumpled to the hardwood floor in agony. He had been so worried about reaching his lovers since awakening from his self-imposed sedation that he didn't even notice the first minor withdrawal pains when they started earlier. It didn't even occur to him that it had been over five days since he had last had sex.

The other four men in the room all rushed to his side. They had no idea what had just happened to him. One minute Mulder was frantically talking on the telephone to someone in America, the next, he was on the floor writhing in pain.

"What's wrong with him?" Ambassador Redding asked.

"Mulder, what's wrong?" Izumi asked, kneeling next to Mulder and placing his hand on the suffering man's forehead. "He's burning up! Quick, Pyetr, carry him into the bedroom."

"Oh my," Marat Fyodorov muttered when he suddenly realized what the problem was.

"What is it, Marat?" Yermolov growled as he scooped Mulder's trembling body up in his arms. The agent wrapped his arms around the major's neck and clenched his teeth against the pain.

"You're going to have to fuck him, Pyetr," Fyodorov stated bluntly.

"WHAT!" Pyetr gasped, almost dropping Mulder as he followed Izumi and the Ambassador down the hallway.

"NO!" Mulder hissed.

Fyodorov went on ignoring both men. "Mulder's going through sexual withdrawal and only a sorcerer can relieve his pain by having anal intercourse with him," the little man informed them.

"That is preposterous!" Izumi growled while pulling down the blankets on the bed and watching Yermolov gently set Mulder down.

"No. He's right, I've heard that it's common in immortals who have sorcerer lovers," Redding said.

Mulder took in a deep painful breath and said slowly, "I don't want to have sex with anyone other than Walter and Alex." He stopped, closing his eyes briefly against the pain, "Pyetr, promise me, that no matter how bad I get you won't touch me."

"You have my word, Mulder," Yermolov said.

"Mulder, you mean Marat is telling the truth?" Izumi asked still not believing that could possibly be the problem.

Mulder gave a weak, depressed chuckle, "Yeah, fucking unbelievable isn't it? Masa, I'm going to have to take some more sedatives to get through this," he hissed through clenched teeth.

Izumi quickly filled a glass with water and handed him two tablets. "How long will this last, Mulder? Another three days?"

"No, three weeks," Mulder sighed, tears of frustration and despair coming to his eyes. For all he knew Walter and Alex were dead or dying and he couldn't do a thing to help them. He thought briefly about allowing Pyetr to fuck him, but he couldn't betray his lovers any further. He deserved this pain; it was retribution for his sins and past betrayals.

"Mulder, who were you talking to in America?" Yermolov asked, sitting at the foot of the bed. They still hadn't been able to get through to Washington D.C. or anywhere on the East Coast by telephone.

"Agent Moe Bocks in the Minneapolis field office. He's going to drive to Foxfire Glenn Estate and find out if Walter and Alex are all right." Mulder lay back on the bed, and ran a hand over his face. "He said that the invaders are blocking all communications on the East and West Coasts. However, the middle of the country is wide open, that's how I was able to get through to him." An excited smile crossed Mulder's face for a brief second. "Pyetr, someone in the Chicago office of the CDC has discovered a cure for SBS...Bocks is going to get his hands on it and take it with him," Mulder said hurriedly as the sedative started to work.

"Then maybe there is still a chance for your country, Mulder," Yermolov murmured, studying Mulder's face as the agent slowly drifted into a drug-induced sleep. Even in sleep the pain was still clearly etched across the beautiful face as he shifted uneasily, moaning softly.


Two Days Later
Foxfire Glenn Estate
Wednesday, March 8 3:00 p.m.

Agent Moe Bocks and his partner walked carefully through the debris scattered throughout the mansion. The place had been ransacked and vandalized. There didn't seem to be an inch untouched, even the walls had holes through them. The floors were littered with empty wine and beer bottles.

"Talk about a major party," Bocks quipped, kicking an empty Budweiser bottle across the room.

His partner gave him a disapproving look. "There doesn't seem to be anyone here, Moe," Agent Skip Anderson said.

"Skip, I think the invaders must have gotten to A.D. Skinner and Agent Krycek. Poor Agent Mulder, he is not going to be very happy," Bocks sighed, toeing a shattered vase with his shoe.

"We don't know that, Moe, they might have escaped," Anderson replied, righting a stool in the kitchen. He glanced sadly around at the broken windows and the bullet holes in the walls. It looked as if a major battle had happened inside the mansion.

Bocks bent down and picked up a baby's pacifier. "You think? Maybe we can make it to the Hoover Building they might know something about what happened here."

"That sounds like a plan to me, Moe. If we don't get ourselves killed in the process."

The two agents walked outside and looked in the direction of D.C., even at this distance they could see the smoke from the burning buildings.

"Skip, at least we will be able to find out what is happening in D.C.," Bocks said. Climbing into the driver's seat of his Caravan, and the two men reluctantly headed for D.C.


Cardoso's Fortress
Wednesday, March 8 4:00 p.m.

An exhausted Hans Schatz sat at Cardoso's feet visibly trembling with fear. The n'thral had tied the leash that was attached to the collar around Schatz's throat to the arm of the sturdy oak chair he was sitting on. As he ran his fingers absently through the Immortal's thick, blond-hair, he listened to his general.

"Hector, we need to shore up our defenses. The coalition is not going to take our deserting them during battle lightly and they may send their forces to attack our country," General Juan Perez stated. He no longer had confidence in Cardoso's ability to rule. The n'thral was proving to be more and more unstable and a liability to their country. If it wasn't for the fact that Hector Cardoso was his cousin, he would never have supported him for this long. It was only the General's powers as a sorcerer that kept his cousin in power this long. The General's eyes lingered on the exotic figure of Schatz, frowning at the condition the immortal was in. He had heard about Cardoso's attempt to kill the female child the young man was carrying. Perez couldn't allow this to go on much longer, for the sake of his country, and for the sake of the unborn child.

"Juan, the coalition is too preoccupied with attacking the Americans to give us a second thought. They will collect their immortals and their slaves then go home victorious, we have nothing to worry about," Cardoso replied.

"I still think we should be prepared just in case, Hector. It couldn't hurt," the General replied.

"Very well, Juan, if it will make you happy go ahead and strengthen our defenses," Cardoso said as he opened his pants and tugged out his hard cock. He unfastened the leash from his chair and yanked Hans to his feet. "Sit on it, Doll," he ordered.

General Perez glared angrily at his cousin. This had to stop! He couldn't stand back and allow this abuse to continue much longer. He would organize an opposition force to overthrow the giant. He had to be careful; Cardoso still had many sorcerers and clairvoyants that supported him. Perez's face flushed red as he watched his cousin rape the pretty immortal in front of him. He quickly turned and fled the room.


Washington D.C.
Wednesday, March 8 6:00 p.m.

Moe Bocks and his partner hid behind some trash containers as they surveyed the ruins of the FBI Hoover Building. The building had been reduced to rubble by fire and explosions. Around them half the city was destroyed or on fire.

"What now, Moe?" Anderson asked loudly over the sound of explosions and gunfire.

"I say we make like birds and get the flock out of here," Bocks quipped in his best Mel Gibson impersonation. He fingered the vials of SBS cure in his pocket. They wouldn't be able to help anyone here. Maybe they could find some sorcerers outside of the East Coast to give it to.

The two men made their way cautiously back to their vehicle. Bocks dreaded the call he would have to make to Mulder. He had called back after their first telephone call had been disconnected and discovered that Mulder was not in any physical condition to talk to him. He had spoken to a Mr. Izumi, and Bocks secretly hoped that he'd be able to relay the news to that man instead of Mulder.

He glanced back one final time at their burning capital before climbing back into his van.


London
Thursday, March 9
11:00 a.m.

"Of course I'll pass on the information to Mulder, Mr. Bocks," Izumi said sadly.

"How is Agent Mulder doing?" Bocks asked, concerned.

"The sedatives seem to be helping him to control some of the withdrawal pains, but he is still hurting a lot," Izumi sighed.

"Tell Agent Mulder that I'm sorry that he is not feeling well, and that I'll continue to try on my end to find his family," Bocks said.

"Thank you, Mr. Bocks. Mulder will be happy to hear that you are still looking," Izumi said.

"I'll call you if I hear anything. Goodbye," Bocks said.

Izumi hung up the receiver then headed into Mulder's bedroom to tell him the bad news. Major Yermolov was sitting on Mulder's bed holding the agent upright while he held a mug of broth to Mulder's lips.

Mulder's eyes were dazed and his hands were trembling where they rested over Yermolov's as he tentatively sipped the hot broth.

Izumi took a deep breath; he didn't know how to break the news to Mulder, so he decided to go with the direct approach. "Mulder, I just had a call from Agent Bocks. He went to your home and said the place was deserted. He also said that it looked like there had been fighting inside the mansion, but he and his partner didn't find any bodies," Izumi said.

Mulder's mind was so muddled from pain and drugs that all he heard was *fighting* and *bodies*. "No," he whimpered, tears flowing freely. He was so out of it that he'd completely forgotten about the family's backup plan to go to the cave to wait out the war. All Mulder could think about was that he deserted his family when they needed him most, and now they were dead because of him.

Izumi didn't realize that Mulder had misunderstood him. "Ssh, Mulder, it's going to be all right. Mr. Bocks will keep looking for them," Izumi said, pulling the distraught man into his arms.

"My fault, my fault," Mulder murmured over and over sadly, as the older man rocked him gently until he fell into an exhausted sleep.

"Masa, do you think that they're alive?" Yermolov asked, as he helped the Japanese man lay Mulder's sleeping body back down on the bed.

"I don't know, Pyetr. I want to believe they are for Mulder's sake, but it doesn't seem very likely from what Agent Bocks described," Izumi replied.

"Alexei is one of my best friends. When Mulder is better we'll go to America and help him look for his family," Yermolov said, determined.


Duffy's Cave
Saturday, March 11
Noon

Justin Blaise and Joseph Shadow Hawk knelt in front of the open fire pit preparing lunch, while Kimberly and Tony did the laundry. MacIver had left earlier to go hunting for fresh meat, although they had enough dried and canned foods to last them a couple of months. The Greek sorcerer had gone with him, saying he wanted to scout out the area for any potential threats.

Krycek, Takeda, and Sawada were watching the babies. They had to watch them carefully; there were too many hazards in the cave.

Krycek was particularly concerned about the steaming mineral pool that took up almost half of the cavern. It was fed by an underground spring. Hope had just started walking and had already attempted to explore the pool. There was also the open fire in the center of the cavern, not to mention the sharp crystals and small stones that were scattered around the cavern floor.

Faith had been staying close to Alex since he had arrived at the cave a week ago. When Faith did play, she would constantly glance over at him to make sure he was still there. She was sitting on Takeda's lap as the younger man read to her in Japanese.

Hope waddled over to Krycek carrying a pink, rubber ball. She set it on his lap, patting it, she said, "Ball."

"Would you like to play catch, mouse?" Krycek asked.

"Ball," Hope repeated.

"Here, hold out your hands and Uncle Alex will throw it to you." Krycek turned the baby's hands palms up then dropped the ball into them. "YEA! You caught it, now throw it back to me."

Hope looked puzzled for a moment then beamed happily over her uncle's excitement. She handed the ball back to him, and he repeated the process of turning her hands then dropping the ball into them. Cheering each time she didn't drop it. Hope soon caught on to how this game was supposed to be played.

Faith watched her sister and father play. Hope stood a couple of steps away from him and he would toss the ball a few inches for her to catch. Then Hope would walk back over to Alex and drop it in his lap. Faith was determined to get into the game; it looked a lot more fun than rolling the ball back and forth on the floor like they usually played with it, and it seemed to make her daddy happy. Faith's little brain processed her sister's movements, it seemed to require standing and walking like the grownups.

Faith climbed off Shinji's lap. Using her adopted uncle's legs for balance, she attempted to walk, but immediately fell on her padded bottom. She crawled back over to him and tried again and again.

Takeda watched amused and called over to Krycek who was too involved with Hope to notice what his daughter was doing. Faith was with Takeda, so he hadn't been concerned about her getting into mischief. "Hey, Alex, I think your cutie is trying to walk."

Krycek glanced over at them just as Faith took four steps before losing her balance and landing on her butt. Her pouty lower lip stuck out and her long chestnut bangs were in her eyes as she turned around and crawled back to Takeda, pulling herself up again. Krycek's heart skipped a beat. Faith's expression reminded him so much of Fox that he felt his heart would break at missing him so much.

Sawada grinned at the little girl's efforts. "It looks like she's determined to succeed. You're going to have your hands full, Alex, with both of them walking," he chuckled, missing the other man's cloudy expression.

"Yeah, I suppose I will," Krycek sighed. Hope brought his attention back to their game when she started slapping the ball.

"Fow ball, fow ball," she chanted.

"Okay, mouse, but are you sure you're not tired yet?" he asked, dropping the ball back into her hands.

"Yea," she squealed happily, dropping it back in his lap.

He smiled. "Okay, mouse. We'll continue to play." He kept glancing over at Faith watching her progress. It amazed him that after thirty minutes she still hadn't given up. She was so like Fox.

"Hey, lunch is ready," Blaise announced.

"C'mon, mouse, let's eat," Krycek said, scooping Hope and the ball up in his arms.

Faith looked at them and started bawling her eyes out; she didn't get the chance to play with them.

Krycek strolled quickly over to her, handing Hope to Takeda. He scooped Faith into his arms. "It's okay, cutie, you'll learn to walk eventually."

Faith stopped crying after about twenty minutes of her daddy walking her around the cave hugging and soothing her. She looked at him with sad, puffy eyes. "Fow ball, daddee."

"Oh, so that's why you're mad? Because I stopped playing ball with your sister?" he asked, sitting with her by the fire. Hawk handed him a bowl of stew with a freshly baked piece of corn bread.

"Play ball me, daddee," she complained.

"Okay, cutie, we'll play catch after we eat lunch," Krycek was amazed at how smart his daughter was for her age. He wondered if he should have her tested. Maybe he should enroll her into an accelerated learning program for child geniuses. Fox did mention that he was talking by nine months, too. Fox ... his thoughts were always returning to his missing lover. He kept telling himself they would get Fox back as soon as the war was over.


Washington D.C.
Wednesday, March 15 2:00 p.m.

Walter Skinner sat stoically as the paramedic taped up his cracked ribs. He had been too tired to watch where he was going, and didn't see the bricks and concrete falling until it was too late. Luckily Agent Jones had been nearby and quickly used his powers to prevent the full weight of the wall from landing on Skinner.

Skinner had been leading his team of sorcerers for almost two weeks without a rest. His only comfort was the knowledge that Alex was protecting his daughter and niece, and that if anything happened to him they were safe.

They had finally had some relief as newly revived sorcerers had arrived from the Midwest, and the battle was finally turning in their favor. It was only a matter of time now before they pushed the invaders into the ocean.


Warship off the Coast
Wednesday, March 15 7:00 p.m.

"I'm going to call a retreat," King Gullbrand stated.

"It is too soon, Gullbrand! We can still capture more slaves and we haven't located the immortals yet," Pharaoh Menes growled.

"Dammit, Menes, the Americans have the cure for SBS! If we stay here much longer, they will be strong enough to destroy us! We need to get out of here before that happens." The King picked up his radio to call the other leaders.

"Are we at least going to retrieve Hans Schatz from Cardoso?" Menes hissed.

"Yes. I'm looking forward to flaying that big ape alive," Gullbrand replied.

"Stand in line, I want him first," Menes said, happy that they were at least in agreement on something.

"We're going to have to stick together; the Americans are going to want revenge for what we've done to their country," the King said, flipping on the short wave transceiver.

"Yes, I agree. Together we are too formidable for them to attack, but separate we wouldn't stand a chance. I'd hate to lose the lovely slaves we've acquired," Menes replied as he watched Gullbrand contact Warlord Havock ordering an immediate retreat.


Washington D.C.
Wednesday, March 16
8:00 p.m.

Cheers and shouts of happiness could be heard throughout D.C., the enemy was gone and their city was finally safe. Revelers partied openly in the streets. Skinner glanced around at the men hugging and kissing, he didn't know where they all came from; there seemed to be a lot more than were here defending D.C. He made his way across the mall and over to where the Director stood on the steps of the Capital. He had set up temporary headquarters in the building. The Capital had not been damaged during the attack unlike the rest of the city; it had been heavily defended.

"Sir, if there is nothing else that I'm needed for I would like to return to my family," Skinner said.

The Director beamed at him. "Walter, you and your team did a remarkable job. We might have lost the city if it wasn't for you and your leadership. There will be medals and commendations coming your way from the President and Congress."

"I appreciate that, sir, but I really would like to go to my family. It's been two weeks since I've seen them," Skinner replied tiredly.

"By all means, Walter. I'm going to be holding a meeting of top-level bureau personnel to discuss relocating the FBI headquarters on Friday. I expect you to be there, but until then take as much time as you need with your family," the Director said.

"Thank you, sir," Skinner replied and headed toward the pickup truck he borrowed from one of his agents.

He couldn't wait to see his family again. He still felt so guilty about leaving Hope so soon after being reunited with her.


London
Wednesday, March 16
9:00 p.m.

Izumi sat next to Mulder's bedside holding a small tray of food. The agent was in extreme pain and the sedatives were no longer holding it at bay. Since Bocks had called a week ago and he had reluctantly passed on the information to Mulder, the young man seemed to have given up the will to go on living. Izumi was afraid that if Mulder could he would take his own life.

"Mulder, I want you to try to eat some soup," Izumi said.

"Don't wanna," Mulder slurred, pulling weakly at the restraints around his wrists that kept him from injuring himself whenever his body seized up due to pain.

"Mulder, you have to eat something," Izumi replied.

"No, please, just leave me." Mulder turned his face away from the older Japanese man.

"If you don't eat then we're going to have to feed you intravenously."

"Can't eat...my fault...should never have left," Mulder mumbled as tears of grief ran down his cheeks. His physical agony had taken a backseat to his broken heart.

Izumi set the tray down and scooted his chair closer to the bed. He brushed his fingers soothingly through the younger man's hair and murmured gently, "It's not your fault, Fox. Mr. Bocks said there was no one at your home -- that doesn't mean that they're dead."

"Masa, they're dead. I know they are," he replied weakly. He wanted to ask Izumi to douse the bed in gasoline and light it on fire, but he knew the older man would never oblige him. He'd just have to wait until he was well enough and do it himself.

"You don't know that, Fox," Izumi said, then quickly leapt out of his chair to hold Mulder firmly as a painful spasm wracked the young man's body. Izumi sighed sadly, after the spasms had stopped Mulder had lost consciousness again. He had never seen anyone in so much pain both physically and mentally. When Mulder was lucid, it was an extreme effort for him to even talk. He couldn't imagine how Mulder would be able to endure another two weeks of this pain.

He glanced around the room at the flowers and cards. They were from British well wishers who had found out about Mulder's presence and physical condition at the American Embassy. The Prime Minister had ordered a twenty-four hour guard around the perimeter of the Embassy to protect Mulder from any attempts to abduct him by Slava or some other foreign agent.

The Russian government had demanded the return of Mulder immediately upon finding out he was in England. Izumi thought sadly, that if Mulder's American lovers were indeed dead then returning to Slava would be in Mulder's best interest. Izumi tucked the blankets around Mulder's body, and picked up the untouched tray to carry it back to the kitchen.


Duffy's Cave
Wednesday, March 16
Midnight

Skinner made his way slowly through the darkened forest, his boots sinking into the mud along the way slowing his progress. He was heading toward the cave and his family. He breathed in the sweet, crisp, nighttime air, gazing up contentedly at the star splattered sky. It was a welcome change from the smoked filled D.C. sky. It was going to take years to rebuild their city.

He grinned as an owl flew overhead its shape highlighted by the brightly glowing moon. Skinner came upon Alex who was standing at the entrance to the cave waiting for him.

Krycek rushed over to meet Walter and hugged him affectionately. He pulled away at the sudden gasp of pain that escaped the larger man's lips. Krycek looked questioningly into Walter's pain filled, brown eyes, before running a gentle hand up his waist feeling the bandages under his shirt. "Broken ribs?"

"Yes, and an odd assortment of bumps and bruises over the rest of my body," Skinner replied, hugging Alex back. "They're finally gone, Alex, we can go home now," he said happily, kissing him affectionately on the lips.

Krycek returned the kiss enthusiastically careful not to jar the larger man's ribs. "I know, Walter, the cell-phones are working again."

"Yeah? I should have known that. How long have they been working?"

"Around three hours." Krycek scrunched up his nose as he got a good whiff of Walter, but he didn't back away. "Walter, you're really ripe, when was the last time you bathed?" For the first time, Krycek noticed how filthy Walter's clothes were, he was covered in soot and grime the smoke from the fires had permeated the fabric.

"The last time was the sponge bath Tristan gave me before I was cured," Skinner said, following Krycek into the cave.

"I have some extra clothes of yours in the cave and we'll fill a tub with water from the pool in the cavern," Krycek said then looked at him sadly. He hated to throw a damper on Walter's good mood. "Dana called a couple of hours ago. She can't locate Jonathan. She thought he was with her brothers in St. Louis, but she found out that he had decided to stay behind to help out at the hospital."

Skinner stopped in his tracks, his temper flaring. "Damn! Those bastards! They've abducted medical personnel throughout D.C. and it's possible that Jonathan was among them. We're going to have a real fight on our hands trying to get those men back," he growled as he stepped into the large chamber.

"Ssh." Krycek nodded to the huddled forms lying on the ground wrapped in sleeping bags. "Sit down, and I'll heat you up some soup," he whispered softly.

Skinner's eyes met MacIver's. The Scotsman was sitting in front of the fire pit. MacIver nodded his greeting, remaining quiet; he did not want to wake the babies or the others. Skinner silently crept over to the two cribs that they had moved out here from the mansion. He brushed the hair away from Hope's sleeping face, watching as she unconsciously sucked on her pacifier. Faith was sharing the crib with her, and he met a set of quizzical hazel eyes peering up at him. Faith held out her arms wanting to be picked up, which Skinner did instantly. He hugged her small body to him and breathed in her soothing baby scent. He frowned when he realized that he was getting her dirty. Oh well, he'd give her a bath, too. He carried the baby over to the fire pit, sitting on a chair next to MacIver he watched as Krycek stirred a saucepan full of soup over the flames.

"We can head back in the morning, Walter. I think we should make plans now for getting Fox away from Slava. It's not going to be easy, that Cossack will be expecting us to try something," Krycek said in a low voice as he poured the tomato soup into a mug.

Skinner held Faith on his lap with one hand and took the steaming mug from Krycek with the other. The baby rested her head against Skinner's chest as she played with the buttons on his shirt.

"You still have contacts in Russia, Alex. We can work through them to get back into the country," Skinner said.

Before Krycek could respond, the loud chirping of his cell-phone made all three men jump. "Shit! Sorry, I forgot to turn the ringer down," he replied sheepishly. He quickly glanced around at the sleeping forms of their friends as he answered it gruffly, "Krycek."

"Agent Krycek. Thank God, I've finally got through to you! I've been trying for over a week. When I heard the news reports of the enemy's retreat, I thought to myself that the telephones might be working out there now. My partner and I tried looking for you and Assistant Director Skinner at your estate, but the place was deserted. By the way, the place was a wreck, you're going to be quite busy with repairs..."

Krycek interrupted the man's ramblings. "Who is this?"

"Oh, sorry, this is Special Agent Moe Bocks from the Minneapolis field office, I'm an acquaintance of Agent Mulder's. He asked me to try to get a hold of you and Assistant Director Skinner. You wouldn't happen to know where the Assistant Director is..."

Krycek interrupted again, standing up anxiously. "Bocks, you've heard from Fox? When? Where is he? How is he?" he shouted.

Skinner watched intently as his half-brother paced back and forth, and he telepathically listened into Krycek's telephone conversation. The other members of the family were awakened from their sleep by Krycek's shouting.

"Ah, he called me from London on March 6. Agent Mulder is not in too good of condition. I've been talking mainly to a Mr. Izumi, he said that Agent Mulder was suffering from withdrawal. You know I would never have pegged Mulder for a drug addict. He seemed..."

"Is Fox still in London now?" Krycek asked.

"Yes, he'll be really glad to hear that you are okay. I have the telephone number where he can be reached," Bocks offered.

Blaise and Hawk strolled tiredly up to the fire and greeted Skinner.

"Hi, Walter, you smell bad, but it's nice to have you back anyway. So, what's going on?" Blaise asked, nodding toward Krycek.

Skinner beamed up at him. "Fox is in London! We won't have to rescue him from Slava."

"Wow, that is good news! Now that the war is over, we can all go back home!" Hawk replied excitedly, then tempered it when he realized that not all of them would be going back home. "Umm, Walter, have you heard anything from Gabriel or Melvin?" he asked.

"I talked to Gabriel two days ago. They had been trying to hire a plane or a ship to take them to Argentina, but they weren't having any luck in D.C. so they were heading down the coast to Miami. They hoped to hire a boat to take them over to Cuba then from there charter a plane to Argentina," Skinner replied, all the while keeping an ear on Alex's conversation.

Krycek disconnected from his call with Bocks and punched in the numbers the agent had given him. He counted thirty rings before someone finally picked it up.

"Major Pyetr Yermolov speaking," said the tired voice on the other end.

"Pyetr, it's Alex," Krycek said in a surprised voice.

"Alexei? Where are you?" Yermolov asked, coming instantly wide-awake. He glanced over at the clock; it was barely after six o'clock in the morning.

"I'm in America. Pyetr, how's Fox? Can I talk to him?" Krycek walked back over to Skinner and sat next to him.

"Alex, he's not doing too good. He's in extreme pain. Mulder really needs you here as soon as possible," Yermolov replied, carrying the cordless telephone across the hallway into Mulder's bedroom. He looked sadly at the unconscious figure on the bed. Mulder appeared gaunt and fragile. "Alex, I'd really prefer not to wake Mulder, he's in less pain when he's asleep. I'll call you back when he's awake."

"Pyetr, Walter and I will be flying out immediately. Can you tell me where you are in London?" Krycek asked.

"We're at the American Embassy. Alex, please hurry," Yermolov said.

Krycek disconnected and quickly punched in the telephone number for the airport, he was going to charter a private jet to take them to England.

"We'll watch the girls for you and Alex, Walter," Blaise offered.

Krycek frowned, turning off the cell-phone when no one answered on the other end. "That won't be necessary, Justin. We'll be taking them with us," he informed the Texan.

"Alex, I think it might be better to leave the babies here," Skinner said.

"No. Fox will want to see them. Besides, I don't feel comfortable leaving them behind. Walter, they need us," Krycek replied softly, picking up his daughter off Skinner's lap, he hugged her against his chest. Faith giggled over the attention her father was showing her.

Skinner studied the two of them. Faith was beaming happily at having her daddy's complete attention, and Alex's face was lit up as he held her. Alex hadn't let either of the babies out of his sight since he had gotten here over a week ago. Maybe it was still to soon to be separated from them. Skinner had to admit that he felt sad and hollow during the week that he had been separated from his daughter. "Yeah, you're probably right, we'll take them with us."

"Good," Krycek smiled. "Walter, I couldn't reach anyone at the main airport, it must still be closed. Do you think you could use your influence to get someone in the Air Force to fly us over to England?"

"It might be a problem this soon after the war," Skinner said, frowning. "Alex, why don't you start packing up what we'll need for the trip and I'll make some calls." Skinner made a couple of mental notes to take flying lessons in the future and to call the Director about not being able to make Friday's meeting.

Two hours later Skinner turned off the cell-phone. "Alex, c'mon, I got us of flight to London." Skinner rose and went over to grab one of the bags Krycek had back and his daughter who was sitting up sleepily in the crib. "Hey, sleepy head, Daddy is going to take you and your sister to see Daddy Fox," he cooed softly as he scooped her into his strong arms.

Skinner had taken the time between telephone calls to strip out of his filthy outfit and bathe. At one point Blaise and Hawk had attended to his wounds, he was now dressed in clean jeans and a sweater.

Krycek was holding Faith and his bag and the two men headed out of the cave back into the night.


Cuba
Thursday, March 17
5:00 a.m.

Frohike looked around the small fishing boat in disgust. "Gabriel, couldn't you do any better? This piece of crap is going to sink before it ever reaches Argentina!" He held his nose at the fishy smell.

"We can't afford anything better than this," Hunter grumbled, the boat had cost them most of the money they had on them, and they were going to have to sail it themselves. Melvin was right, it was a piece of crap, he wished that they had thought to hit the A.D. up for a loan.

"Besides, Melvin, you were with me when I tried to hire a boat, you saw how frightened those people were when we mentioned Argentina! They didn't want to risk going anywhere near Cardoso or his country," Hunter sighed.

"Yes, and that bastard has Hans," Frohike said as a shiver raced up his spine and his mouth went dry. He could just imagine what that monster was doing to his lover. He recalled how frightened Hans had been whenever he'd awakened from a nightmare about Cardoso.

"C'mon, we better get started," Hunter replied, freeing the boat from its moorings.

Frohike took the helm and powered up the boat, a large plume of black smoke poured out of the back. "I hope you can use your powers to hold this old tub together, Gabriel," he choked out over the thick diesel fumes.

"Don't worry, Melvin, we're get there. Nothing is going to keep me from killing that damn n'thral," Hunter said while he headed up to the bow to watch for underwater hazards as Frohike guided the boat out of the unfamiliar harbor.

Frohike was grateful to have Gabriel with him. He knew that he'd never have a chance of rescuing Hans without him.


London
Thursday, March 17
6:00 p.m.

Mulder moaned, he was teetering on the line between sleep and consciousness, his pajamas felt like sandpaper against his sensitive skin. He heard voices nearby, but they were too muffled to make out what they were saying. His head was throbbing. A hand came to rest on his forehead; then he felt the restraints being unfastened. He tried to force his eyes open, but it was as if they were glued shut. When the blankets were pulled down and his pajamas and shorts removed, he thought it was Izumi preparing him for a sponge bath. That was until he was rolled on his side, and the mattress sank as a nude body pressed behind him. He felt the press of a large penis against his butt and he panicked.

Skinner held Fox's body firmly as the younger man started to thrash weakly. He whispered soothingly to his lover hoping that would calm him, but it had no effect. He heard a hiccuped sob and felt the trembles race across Fox's body.

"Walter, get on with it," Krycek growled. He was bending one of Mulder's legs up toward his chest to expose fully their lover's pink opening.

Skinner pushed a lubed finger into Mulder's anus just as a painful spasm shook Mulder's body and all his muscles clenched up. Skinner groaned as the tight muscles painfully gripped his finger. "Alex, I don't think I'll be able to get him loose enough."

"Just do it, Walter. Fox is in too much pain, he'll continue to suffer severely until you fuck him."

"I don't like hurting him, Alex," Skinner growled, positioning the large bulbous head of his cock against the incredibly small hole. He strained against it forcefully until it finally gave and the head popped inside.

Mulder was in a panic. He was being raped and was unable to defend himself. He felt at least two pairs of hands on his body then a large blunt object intruded between his butt cheeks, forcing its way painfully into his body. Mulder wanted to cry out, but he had lost his voice from screaming for the past week. Tears of rage and humiliation slipped down his cheeks. He felt the press of lips against his face then the dampness of a tongue licking his tears away and he heard the first clear voice he had heard in days, whispering softly into his ear.

"Fox, we're here now. Ssh, don't cry, baby, everything is going to be okay," Krycek murmured.

Thank God, it was Alex, that meant he wasn't being raped. Mulder's muddled mind finally processed the scent of the man penetrating him and the feel of the large hands caressing his body. Walter. Mulder relax as best as he could, his lovers were both alive and here with him. Despite the pain, he was extremely elated, if only he could tell them that.

"You just did, Fox," Skinner purred, kissing the side of Mulder's mouth.

Mulder attempted to smile, but he still couldn't open his eyes or get his limbs to move.

"Relax, babe, you'll feel better in a moment," Skinner grunted. Thrusting in one final time, he expelled into his lover's tight body.

Mulder felt instant relief throughout his whole body, it felt like he was floating, the pain was quickly vanishing. Sighing softly, he fell into an exhausted, painless sleep with Walter's arms wrapped protectively around him.

Skinner stayed attached for several minutes, listening to Mulder's gentle breathing and feeling his steady heartbeat against his chest.

"We have to protect him better, Walter. We can't ever allow this to happen to him again," Krycek said earnestly.

"He's not going to like what you have planned, Alex. Fox is too proud to allow us to protect him twenty-four hours a day or restrict his freedom that much," Skinner replied, easing out of Mulder's body he cursed softly at the amount of blood on his penis. He had been afraid that he had injured his lover.

Krycek frowned at the blood, and at his brother's concern. "Walter, don't worry, Fox will be healed by the time he wakes up again. I'll get a washcloth to clean you and Fox up," he said, trying to calm the guilt Walter was feeling. He held out his hand and a damp washcloth appeared in it, he started to wash the blood and semen from his two lovers. "Walter, in time Fox will realize that the new restrictions are because we love him, he'll understand why he can't continue to work for the FBI."

Skinner had given up trying to talk some sense into Krycek. His half-brother was determined that Mulder needed to be watched by one of them twenty-four hours a day, and never be allowed to leave the mansion unless both of them were present. "Alex, let's hold off forcing Fox to quit the FBI. It is going to be at least a couple of weeks before the Bureau can reorganize after the war. Maybe we can use that time to convince Fox that it would be more practical for him and you to work out of his home office."

Krycek ran the soft washcloth between Mulder's butt cheeks, paying special attention to cleaning his lover's thighs and balls. His eyes wandered back up to Mulder's face, studying its beautiful symmetry. He loved Fox too damn much -- seeing him suffering had broken his heart. "Maybe, Walter, I just don't want to lose him ever again, and I refuse to ever allow Fox to jeopardize his safety on some foolish quest."

Skinner climbed out of bed and pulled back on his clothing as he listened to Krycek. He half agreed with the younger man. It scared Skinner when Mulder would undervalue his self worth, and put them ahead of his own safety and wellbeing. "We'll talk to him together when we get home, Alex. Maybe Fox will understand and accept the new restrictions."

Krycek smiled, pleased that for once Skinner was agreeing with him. "Do you want to get the babies? I think they would like to see Fox," he said, rearranging Mulder's limbs into a more comfortable position then pulling the covers back over his nude body.

"Yes. I didn't like leaving them in strange hands. Although, Mr. Izumi seemed pleasant enough," Skinner replied, heading for the door.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Thursday, March 17
7:00 p.m.

Shinji Takeda sat on the floor of his laboratory too depressed to move. All of his research and computer files were destroyed. Luckily, he had backups on some of them, but not all, he hoped he could recreate them with his eidetic memory. He had spent weeks getting the lab organized with all of the equipment and chemicals he needed. Now it was in a shambles. Even the framed photograph he had of his daughter Ayako was gone; someone must have taken it as a souvenir.

"Shin, come upstairs. We will help you clean and repair your lab later. Justin has made dinner for us," Major Sawada said softly, kneeling beside his lover.

"God, I feel so violated. I know this isn't nearly as bad as when I was kidnapped. But, this is my home and I should feel safe here!" Takeda cried.

"Shin, you're safe here. The men who did this will not be back. We were at war...this happens during war," Sawada said, pulling the smaller man to his feet and hugging him affectionately. "You can start again, lover. Don't forget we have all the time in the world."

"I know, Kazuo, it just makes me so mad. They didn't have to break my equipment. It was all so pointless. How can our daughters grow up in a world this out of control?" he complained, following his lover out of the room.

"Shin, we'll just have to work harder to build a world that they can live in. After all, we have..."

"I know, all the time in the world," Takeda completed grinning, looping his arm around Sawada's waist. He slowed as they passed the wine cellar. "Walter is going to be pissed when he sees that they've taken all of his wine," he said.

"Yes, but at least they didn't break any bottles," Sawada quipped.


Cardoso's Fortress
Friday, March 18 1:00 p.m.

Hector Cardoso was livid as he strained uselessly at the irons binding his wrists and ankles. "Damn you, Juan! We're cousins! Is this any way to treat family?"

"Hector, I can no longer stand by and allow you to destroy Argentina. I will see that your death is painless, that is the least I can do for you," General Perez said solemnly.

"Fuck you, Judas! I demand to die as warrior! That is the *least* you can do! You fucking coward!" Cardoso bellowed the power of his voice shaking the wrought iron candelabras and rattling the windows.

Perez snarled angrily, "Very well, Hector, since you enjoy your death matches so much, I'll humor you and allow you to die in the arena. You can fight in hand-to-hand combat with that nine foot giant you've been training. If you are still alive afterwards then I will fight you myself!"

"Ha! Jason is hardly a match for me, but I'll look forward to tearing you apart with my bare hands after I kill him! Now what have you done with my lover?" Cardoso asked.

"Hans is being well taken care of. Right now, he is being given a needed bath, while my personal chef prepares him a nutritious meal. Unlike you, Hector, I consider the female child he is carrying to be vital to the future of our country," Perez snarled.

"Ha! You just want to fuck Hans yourself. Then when that bitch of his is old enough you want to fuck her, too!"

General Perez face reddened with rage, he nodded to the guards. "Take this piece of scum away. I want him ready for the arena tomorrow morning. Don't let anything happen to him or there will be hell to pay," Perez growled.


London
Friday, March 18 3:00 a.m.

Mulder awoke to the warm press of bodies on each side of him, and the gentle sound of snoring coming from his lovers. Alex's head was resting on top of his chest while the younger man's hand was lodged between his thighs just touching his scrotum. Mulder shivered at the arousing contact, he leaned down and breathed in the sweet scent from the younger man's freshly showered hair. His movement stirred Walter who was sleeping with his head tucked between Mulder's shoulder and neck. His large hand was splayed across Mulder's belly and his leg was thrown over his lover's.

"Fox, you awake?" Skinner mumbled, in so doing, he caused Krycek to stir from his light slumber.

"Yeah, finally," Mulder replied huskily, close to tears. He turned slightly and kissed the top of Skinner's baldhead. "God, I thought you both were dead. I didn't want to live without you."

Krycek peered up at him through thick, feathery, raven lashes. "Fox, you never should have left us or the babies in the first place," he scolded.

Mulder frowned, meeting Alex's accusing jade eyes. He knew Alex was right. He had no one but himself to blame for his present circumstances. "I'm sorry, Alex, I thought that I was doing the right thing. Now I can see that I was wrong."

"We'll need more than a simple apology if we're ever going to be able to trust you again, Fox," Krycek growled. He had pulled himself up so he was staring dominantly down at Mulder.

Skinner had moved slightly over to allow him room, he wished Alex would have waited longer before confronting Fox.

"Alex, please, I'm sorry. I'll do anything to prove to you just how sorry I am. Please, don't be angry with me. Don't hate me," Mulder whimpered, his stomach fluttered nervously. He was scared to death of losing his lovers because of his affair with Slava. He knew they must be disgusted and repulsed by him, knowing that he'd allowed another man to use his body like a common whore. God, he would do anything to fix what he had broken.

This was the hardest thing Krycek had ever done in his life. Staring down into his beautiful Fox's guilt-ridden face, he wanted so much to comfort him and tell him it would be all right -- that he forgave him. However, he had to hold firm if he was to protect Fox in the future. "Fox, you betrayed us in the arms of another man. That is not something easily forgiven or excused," Krycek growled. His next words were aimed directly at his lover's fragile heart. "You abandoned your daughters! What sort of father are you?"

Mulder couldn't stop the flood of tears that Alex's words brought to his eyes. It was true, he was a bad father, he hadn't even thought of his daughters since awaking in Alex's and Walter's arms. He felt like he was going to be physically ill. He swallowed hard, before choking out anxiously, "Are they okay?"

Krycek sighed, cutting him a little slack. "They're sleeping on the other side of the room, Fox."

"You brought them with you?" Mulder regretted his words the moment they slipped past his lips.

"Of course we did! We weren't about to leave them behind, they've been through too much trauma already," Krycek snarled. "Did you even stop to think what losing all three of us would do to them?"

His hard body pressed Mulder's down into the mattress. Mulder visibly flinched as if he was afraid Krycek was going to hit him.

"Alex, that's enough," Skinner said finally interrupting as he gazed into two anguished pools of hazel. "Fox, Alex and I never want to go through this again. So he ... we came up with some new rules that we want you to follow to prove to us that you are still committed to us and our children. This won't be indefinitely only until we know that we can trust you again."

*Walter, we didn't agree to this being only temporary!* Krycek told him telepathically.

*I didn't agree to treating Fox this way indefinitely! I'm only going to do this until I'm sure Fox is still faithful to us,* Skinner argued.

Mulder was unaware of their silent communication. "Walter, I'll do anything you and Alex want. I love you both and our daughters so much it hurts," he sighed, he would do anything, this was all his fault.

Skinner really hated doing this to Fox. The young man had already been through so much. He looked into Krycek's eyes wanting to back down.

*Do it, Walter,* Krycek silently told him.

Skinner sighed, "Very well, Fox, until we can trust you again, one of us is going to be with you twenty-four hours a day. This includes when you go jogging..."

Krycek cut in, "You won't even be allowed to take a crap alone, and forget about working in your office alone. Until the J. Edgar Hoover Building is rebuilt that will be our office. You should thank Walter, he's convinced me to allow you to continue working, if I had my way you'd never be allowed to leave the estate!"

Mulder stared at him speechless, he was expecting some restrictions or punishment, but nothing this severe. "Don't do this to me, Alex. I need some freedom..."

"Fox, you had too much freedom and look where it's gotten us! You had the freedom to run off to Slava like some cheap whore, selling your body to him for a cure he never had and never intended to have. You had the freedom to desert your daughters, they could have been killed for all you cared!" Throughout his tirade Krycek was getting more, and more, aroused as he pressed his body into Mulder's.

Mulder was no longer on the anti-pheromone drug; the small supply that he had stashed away had run out two days ago. The smell coming off his hot, sweaty body as he wiggled beneath Alex was driving his lovers into a sexual frenzy. Only Alex's anger had prevented him from attacking Fox earlier. Now Alex could no longer hold back. The sweet feel of the slick, fiery flesh beneath his finally undid him, and he dove in to capture Fox's mouth in a deep possessive kiss, grinding his rock hard cock into his lover's hip.

Skinner was in no better shape. After Krycek lost it, he fell on Mulder too, nipping and licking his salty-sweet flesh.

Krycek wasn't done with his chastisement though. "You're an immortal, Fox, we need to start treating you like one," he growled into Mulder's mouth.

Mulder turned his face away from Krycek's in protest. "Alex, stop! Don't!" he said fearfully.

Skinner glanced up from licking Mulder's nipple. "Ssh, Fox, we aren't going to hurt you. We just want to make love to you," he soothed.

"You're an immortal, Fox. Your body is designed for sex! So lay back and enjoy it," Krycek growled, nipping Mulder on the tip of his nose.

"No! Stop! We're not done talking yet! Alex, I haven't changed that much. Please, don't treat me this way or," he moaned. Walter had reached his cock and was licking it like a Popsicle on a hot summer day.

"Or you'll what? Leave me?" Krycek growled into Mulder's ear and worried his earlobe between his teeth. "Did that fucking Cossack bastard make you come, Fox? Did you enjoy it when he fucked you?"

Mulder was having a difficult time focusing on their conversation. It took him several minutes to pull his thoughts together. The weight of his lovers' bodies and their exploring hands and mouths was overloading his brain. "No, I...I'd never leave you, Alex. I...I hate Slava. How can you even think that I have any feelings for the man?"

"You're avoiding the question, lover. However, I'll take that as a yes that you did come and you did enjoy being fucked by him. So you see, Fox, that is why I want to protect you. Not only from predators like Slava, but from yourself as well," Krycek didn't stop his sexual assault on Fox's body.

Mulder closed his eyes and stifled a moan. "Alex, why can't you understand how difficult my life already is? Why do you insist on making it harder for me? Try putting yourself in my shoes," he pleaded.

Krycek had moved down to Mulder's nipples and was sucking and nipping them. "I'm making your life less difficult, Fox. You won't have to worry your pretty little head about anything. Walter and I will do everything for you...you should be thanking us," he said staring lustfully up at Mulder's flushed face.

Mulder thrashed his head from side-to-side groaning as Skinner took his cock down his throat. "Oh God. D ... don't ever expect me to thank you for taking my freedom away from me, Alex," he gasped.

"You talk too much, Fox. Let's put that lovely mouth of yours to a better use," Krycek said straddling Mulder's body he pressed the head of his cock against those full, rosy lips.

Mulder glared at him, but was unable to resist opening his mouth to accept his infuriating lover's cock. He didn't know why Alex was treating him this way. He always had a more equal relationship with Alex than he had with Walter. Something had to have happened while he was gone. Maybe if he could find out what, he would be able to placate his lover. Mulder ran his tongue around the thick head of Alex's cock and frowned; Alex didn't taste the same. Mulder took a deep breath, Alex even smelled slightly different. Maybe his lover had changed his diet, which could account for the difference.

Skinner massaged his lover's belly and his finger probed the younger man's navel then delved inside as he swallowed Fox's cock back down his throat. It was an effort with Fox being so large. He wanted to taste Fox's delicious come; it had been too long. His mouth watered at the thought of it as the incredible taste of pre-cum drove him insane, he sucked even harder, kneading Mulder's sacks at the same time, while his finger thrust in and out of his navel. He chuckled with satisfaction as Fox pushed into his mouth. The dual stimulation was all that was needed to cause Fox to explode into his mouth. Skinner greedily savored every delicious creamy drop, before letting the softening organ slip from his mouth. He nuzzled his face against the side of Fox's groin, breathing in deeply. His own cock was rigid and dripping steadily as he made a tube of lube appear in his hand and started to diligently prepare his lover. The younger man's body was no longer clenched up from pain, making it easy to stretch him.

It took a few minutes for Mulder to come back to himself after his orgasm. He had just started to suck and deep throat Alex's cock when he felt Walter's cock penetrate him. He raised his long legs over the larger man's shoulders opening himself further to Walter.

Skinner read Fox's silent signal to penetrate him deeper and harder, and he pushed into that tight heat. It felt so good around his cock. Mulder was made to be fucked; he had the perfect body for it, all lean taut muscles, long limbs, and a magnificent, round firm ass. He squeezed the wonderful globes with his hands as he pushed back into that beautiful body. Alex was right, they had to protect Fox better. He never wanted to lose this beautiful man again.

Krycek gazed joyfully at Fox's face as he thrust his cock down his throat. Fox had his eyes closed and a look of pure pleasure lit up his face. For now, their disagreement was forgotten, as they were lost in giving each other pleasure. Fox's hands were caressing his buttocks and Krycek felt a finger slip between his cheeks and probe at his anus. It slipped into him searching and finding his prostate.

Mulder's finger pushed on Alex's small nub of pleasure as he sucked harder on the younger man's cock; he tightened his anal muscles bearing down Skinner cock. God, it felt so good. It only took a couple of hard strokes to take Alex over the edge and Walter soon followed him.

After Mulder had finished licking the last traces of come from Alex's cock, he gazed at him sleepily. "Alex, did you change your diet? You taste and smell differently."

Thinking Krycek frowned. "No. I'm eating the same foods as always."

"It's probably nothing," Mulder said, climbing over Skinner, he eased his feet to the cold hardwood floor and walked across the room to look at his daughters. He smiled happily. Although Alex and Walter were mad at him, at least he was back with them and his baby girls. He picked up Hope and cuddled her against his chest. She opened her eyes and peered sleepily at him, smiling when she heard her daddy's gentle voice. "Princess, I've missed you so much," he purred.

Faith awoke at the sound of his voice and stood up in the crib, bouncing excitedly up and down trying to get his attention. Mulder smiled at her shifting Hope onto one hip, he scooped his cutie into his other arm, hugging them both tightly against his body. He would put up with any restrictions that his lovers placed on him for the sake of his daughters. He never should have abandoned them as he did.

"Daddee Fox, wove babee," Faith prattled.

Mulder felt a hand caress up his spine. He glanced over his shoulder and met Alex's beautiful sated face. The younger man was drop-dead gorgeous. He glanced back at the bed where Walter was spread out on his side watching him with love and affection in his warm, chocolate eyes. How could he have ever left them? His lovers and daughters meant more to him than anything he'd ever had before in his life. Hindsight made him regret his decision to go to Slava; he never did have the cure it was developed by the CDC. What a mess he made of everything. "I'll do whatever you and Walter want. You're right, Alex, I can't be trusted to make a rational decision when the lives of the people I love are at stake. I've always fu ...messed up."

"You won't be sorry, Fox, you just need to accept your limitations ... let us take care of you." Krycek kissed the side of his lover's mouth then wrapped his arms around Mulder and the babies. "Fox, I love you too much to ever chance losing you again," he said gently.

"I love you too, Alex," Mulder murmured, leaning back in his embrace. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Hmm, what?"

"Where did you get the crib from?"

"Remember that love seat that was sitting here? Well it is now a crib. C'mon, our munchkins aren't going to be able to sleep, let's take them back to bed with us." Krycek reached over and took Hope from Mulder. "Would you like to sleep in the big bed, mouse?"

Skinner watched Fox carefully; there was a deep sadness in his hazel eyes. It was so unlike Fox to lay back and take the restrictions that they were forcing on him. He wished they hadn't sprung them on him so soon when all Fox needed was their love and comforting. It couldn't have been easy for him to leave them or the babies. Skinner wanted to talk to Fox about what happened between him and Slava. He only hoped his headstrong lover would tell him what happened.


Chapter 10 - Missing Friends

Cardoso's Fortress
Saturday, March 19
10:00 a.m.

Jason Duffy stood passively as three guards prepared his nude body for the upcoming fight. They applied oil to his massive limbs, chest, and back. The guards were in awe of the giant. His loose fitting clothing had hidden the fact that he was extremely muscular and well endowed.

"Fuck, it looks like it has a third leg! How big do you think it would be if it were erect?" Rodolfo asked rudely, lifting the heavy organ up and out from between Duffy legs.

"I'd guess twenty inches," Sergio muttered. He thought it was odd their hands massaging oil onto the n'thral's bulging muscles and massive limbs hadn't caused the giant to become erect. Any other n'thral would have been unable to control his sexual arousal from the hands stroking them -- this was one strange n'thral.

"So, slave, did you get such muscles from tilling the fields?" Pedro asked, smoothing oil over Duffy's bulging biceps. It was widely rumored that this enormous n'thral had been a farmer.

Duffy remained quiet and passive, ignoring the man's question. He had come too far to sabotage his own chances of fighting Cardoso to chance that a clairvoyant might pick up that he lied about being a simple farmer. He wanted to kill Cardoso for what he had done to Hans and this might be the only chance he had to do it. Duffy knew that he'd probably be killed afterwards, but at least that bastard would not be around to torment Hans any longer. Duffy had met General Juan Perez and felt comfortable with that man taking care of the young immortal until someone from home could rescue him.

"You're a *quiet* one aren't you? Or are you a *dumb* fuck?" the man sneered. He got angrier when Duffy remained silent, and with a baton, he struck him hard across the back. "You fucking answer me, slave!"

"Leave him alone, Pedro. The General will have our heads if he's injured before the match," Sergio snarled, yanking the baton away from the man.

"Sergio, this dumb piece of shit will be dead in under five minutes! Cardoso will rip his heart out of his chest with his bare hands," Pedro replied, spitting on Duffy in contempt.

Duffy didn't move as the glob of spit ran slowly down his chest. His face remained blank and emotionless.

Sergio studied Duffy closely. "Pedro, I'll wager you a month's wages that Jason here wins."

"Are you wacko? You're on, Sergio," the guard said happily, thinking of all the Tequila and prostitutes he'd be able to afford with an extra months salary.

Sergio shook his head at how blind his colleague was. He knew that this n'thral's muscles hadn't come from farming. The giant was a fighter Sergio was sure of that.


Hans couldn't believe his present good fortune. A peaceful nights rest without being groped or molested. He felt clean for the first time in over a week, and he even had a decent meal. *Clothes!* Hans smiled happily fingering the oversized white cotton shirt he was wearing. The long shirt and the soft, stonewashed jeans made him feel human again.

"Hans, how are you feeling this morning?" General Perez asked, coming into the bedroom. A servant followed behind him pushing a cart of covered dishes.

"Fine. Thank you," Schatz said softly. He didn't know what kind of price tag was on these luxuries, but he was sure that the General would expect something from him in return for them.

"Good, I have brought your lunch. After you're finished eating, we shall go to the arena. I am sure you'll enjoy the fight I have lined up," General Perez smiled, guiding the young man over to the table on the veranda that overlooked the ocean.

Schatz frowned. He hated the arena. Although it was an opened air stadium, it still stank of death.

"You don't have to be afraid, Hans. No one will ever hurt you again. You and your daughter will be under my personal protection from now on," Perez said, nodding to the servant to serve the meal.

"What do you get out of this?" Hans asked boldly.

"Don't worry, Hans, I will not touch you without your permission. However, I would like the privilege of courting you. I'm sure that once you get to know me better you will agree to marry me," the General said.

"Why? Why are you helping me now?" The last time he had been here, the General had paid him little attention. Although the General was hardly around back then, he was usually off fighting one of Hector's many wars.

Perez blushed. "I...Hans, Hector was the oldest male in our family and as such was always the leader. I used to look up to him before the virus changed us. Even afterwards I still thought of Hector as the leader, and helped him defeat his enemies. What he did to you and Argentina was my fault. I turned a blind eye to the atrocities that he was committing. I should have stopped him long ago. I'm sorry, Hans."

Schatz looked him in the eye. "Why now?"

"Your baby. I was told what Hector did on the ship. It opened my eyes to what a monster he has become. I love children, Hans. My wife and I had ten kids -- eight girls and two boys. They were my life. Hector had been really good with them. I was shocked that he would try to kill your baby girl," Perez's voice trembled with grief; he still hadn't gotten over the deaths of his wife and daughters.

Schatz felt sorry for the older man. He couldn't imagine what it would be like to lose eight daughters. "My baby's father will want to see her. Please, General Perez, allow me to return home to him."

Perez looked at him sadly. He wanted to keep Hans here with him. However, it was his fault that this young man had suffered unspeakable brutalities at the hands of his cousin. "Do you love this man, Hans?"

"Yes, sir, with all my heart."

"Okay. After the fight I will personally see that you get back to him," Perez replied. It was the least he could do.

Hans gasped, he couldn't believe that he would be going home to Melvin soon. "Thank you!" A smile lit up his face, making him look even more surreally beautiful.

The General almost had second thoughts at that point.


London
Saturday, March 19
noon

Mulder sat cross-legged on the floor. He couldn't believe that both of his babies were walking and talking now. He took the doll Faith handed him and watched as she toddled away to find something else to bring him. Mulder glanced over to Alex; his lover had not let him out of his sight once since they'd arrived. As usual, Alex was sitting quietly watching him as he played with the babies.

"Alex, how many times do you want me to tell you that I'm sorry?" Mulder murmured sadly.

"I've already accepted your apology, Fox. If you want to make me happy, just follow the rules that we've laid down for you," Krycek replied, licking his lips hungrily, he wanted to show Fox that he was in charge. He wanted to drag Fox to his feet, rip the clothes from that long, lean body, and take him over the back of the sofa. The only way he could protect Fox was to make him accept that he and Walter were the heads of their family, and knew what was best for Fox and their daughters.

Mulder swallowed nervously at the look of lust in Krycek's eyes. He was beginning to feel like a piece of property and it scared him, but he knew he deserved everything they were doing to him. Every time he looked at his daughters, he knew he deserved even worse for deserting them. What had he been thinking? Why had he believed Slava enough to abandon them? Why? Why? Why?

"The limousine is ready to take us to the airport," Skinner said, stepping into the tense room. He glanced from Fox to Alex then back again. Skinner walked over to Fox and held out his hand to him.

Mulder stared at it for a second before taking it and allowing Skinner to pull him to his feet. Skinner's grip was firm and the larger man exuded such power and strength that it made Mulder feel even more subservient to him. Mulder was holding Faith's rag doll in one hand when an unreasonable fear claimed him and he clenched it to his chest and fearfully backed away from Skinner. They were taking all that remained of his former self away from him. Could he live with what they left? What purpose would there be left for him? He felt a tug on his pants leg, looking down he scooped up Faith into his arms. Hugging her small squirming body tightly he burst into tears and turned his back on his lovers. //Oh god, oh god, stop crying, you can't allow them to see you so helpless,// Mulder scolded himself silently, trying to get a grip on his frayed emotions. It felt like everything was crashing down around him.

Skinner felt totally disgusted with himself, he never should have agreed to treat Fox this way. His lover had given up his freedom to find a cure for their illness and allowed Slava to use his body -- all to find them a cure. So what if Slava had tricked Fox? It wasn't Fox's fault. They should be trying to comfort him instead of blaming him and trying to control him.

"Fox, we'll work this out when we get home. Please, don't cry, babe, everything is going to be all right," Skinner soothed, wrapping his arms around his lover's quaking body from behind, he tightened his hold when Mulder tried to pull away.

"Walter, there is nothing to work out with him!" Krycek snapped. He couldn't believe Skinner was caving in over a few tears.

"Alex, I meant what I just said, we will work this out when we get home. So stop being a bad ass and carry the bags to the limo. The others are ready and waiting for us," Skinner growled.

Krycek snorted in disgust. Then concentrated on the bags -- they rose off the floor and started to float to the door. Suddenly they crashed to the floor. Krycek frowned. He didn't know what had just happened. He tried again and the luggage cooperated this time, floating out and into the trunk of the waiting limo.

After Krycek was gone Skinner hugged Mulder affectionately and whispered lovingly into his ear. "Fox, nothing is going to change. Just forget about those stupid restrictions, they were a shit-poor idea in the first place. I'll make Alex understand. God, it's just so good to have you back, babe. I missed you so much."

"W ... Walter, please, don't fight with Alex over this. I ... I'll follow the restrictions. I just want there to be peace in our family, no more fighting or blaming," Mulder replied, his voice shaky.

"Fox, what about you? You deserve more from us than the way we've treated you. I don't want you hurting or afraid of us," Skinner murmured.

"Just give me time ... I'll be all right. I just need ... time," Mulder said, loosening his hold on his daughter who wiggled around in his arms and looked at him closely.

"Daddee, kry."

"Sorry, cutie, daddy won't cry. I can't believe how many words you know, sweetheart," Mulder said, kissing her cheek.

Hope had waddled over to Skinner and was pulling on his pants leg.

"Wup, da."

Skinner smiled down at her. He kissed Fox, then bent to pick up their daughter. It would be okay. They were together again.


Cardoso's Fortress
Saturday, March 19
Noon

Hans felt the eyes of everyone in the standing room only arena focused on him as he entered with General Perez. He couldn't wait to be back home in the isolation of Foxfire Glenn where he wasn't stared at or ogled over. He missed his adopted family and wondered how the war was going. Hans prayed that they were all right.

The General led him to their ringside seats that were twenty feet above the arena floor, there were steel spikes protruding out of the concrete around the box they sat in. The General nodded toward eight large n'thral guards standing in front of closed steel doors at both ends of the arena. It took two guards to open each heavy door.

Hans felt his mouth go dry with fear as Hector stalked out into the middle of the arena and glared menacingly up at them. "Doll, I see my cousin has been spoiling you! I'm sure he isn't able to satisfy you sexually, though. Don't worry, after I kill him we can fuck for the pleasure of everyone here," he bellowed, his cock stood fully erect, jutting out from his naked body.

"You won't be touching him again, Cardoso!"

Cardoso spun at the sound of the deep voice behind him. Duffy stood threateningly a few feet away his face was livid with hatred.

"Who's going to stop me? You, farmer?" Cardoso laughed contemptuously.

Hans felt scared to death; he didn't want Duffy to be killed by Hector. It didn't register that Duffy stood a foot taller than Hector and was much more powerfully built. "Please, General Perez, don't allow Hector to kill that man he is a friend of mine from America."

General Perez stared down at the powerfully built n'thral. The giant had the most amazing body he had ever seen. "I don't think you have anything to worry about, Hans, there is no way Hector can kill your friend."

"Sir, please, cancel this match. You don't know Duffy, he is so sweet and gentle, he wouldn't hurt a fly," Schatz pleaded, watching the two naked giants below as they circled each other menacingly.

"It's too late for that now, Hans," Perez murmured, patting the younger man's hand reassuringly.

The midday sun blazed down on Duffy, making his oiled body feel hot and sweaty. He ignored the burning sand against the soles of his bare feet as he searched for a weakness in his opponent. With their skin oil up, it was going to be hard to find purchase on the other man's body.

Cardoso suddenly charged him, ramming his shoulder into Duffy's chest. Duffy shifted just enough to cause Cardoso to lose his footing and his body slid off the larger n'thral. He ended up on the sandy ground. Rolling quickly Cardoso regained his feet with sand covering half of his body. The crowd roared with laughter. Cardoso snarled angrily up at them, he'd teach them respect after he killed this slave.

Hans' fingers were white as he tightly gripped the arms of the chair. He watched as Duffy and Hector exchanged blows. At no point in the thirty-five minutes they were fighting had Hector had the upper hand. It was obvious to all that Duffy was going to win this match. The crowd started to chant for Duffy to kill Cardoso, when all of a sudden a disquieting silence fell over the stadium. Foreign sorcerers appeared within the arena, freezing everyone inside with their powers. Hans' mind was screaming; he couldn't move a muscle, and he didn't know what was going on.

King Gullbrand appeared beside Hans' chair. He reached out and touched the beauty on the cheek. "So lovely," he murmured. His touch unfroze Schatz who turned his head to look at the large handsome man standing next to his chair.

"Who are you? What do you want?" he whispered fearfully, flinching at the voice that suddenly spoke from behind his seat.

"We want to watch the fight," Warlord Beiran Havock said. "Then we are going to take you with us, pretty."

"What a magnificent specimen!" Pharaoh Menes II stated, speaking about Duffy's massive body.

"We draw straws for that one, Menes," King Raschan replied, leaning against the railing overlooking the arena.

Sultan Kahlid Casmiri looked down licking his lips. "Definitely, I want it , too. Look at what it's done to Cardoso. That n'thral would look splendid as my palace slave."

"Just unfreeze them so we can finish watching the fucking fight! We can discuss who gets that monstrosity later," Havock growled. He pushed the frozen body of General Perez onto the floor and took his seat propping his feet up on the guardrail.

Hans stood and attempted to go to the General's aid, but Gullbrand stopped him. The King sat in the seat Hans vacated and pulled the young immortal back onto his lap, holding him firmly against his chest. "Awe that's better, you fit perfectly, beloved," the King purred contentedly, breathing in the immortal's intoxicating scent. He could hold him like this all day.

"Please, let me help him. He's bleeding," Schatz begged, trying to wiggle out of Gullbrand's arms.

Schatz's sweet ass rubbed pleasurably against Gullbrand's groin causing the Nordic King to become aroused. "What does that man mean to you, sweet Hans, he hasn't touched you has he?" he asked jealously.

"No. No, he saved me from Hector. General Perez has been nothing but kind to me, he's never touched me," Hans said quickly picking up the jealousy in this stranger's voice. He became afraid for the General's life. "Please, don't hurt him. My people need him to lead them."

Gullbrand's heart softened toward the General. After all, the man had protected his future mate from that damned n'thral. "All right, Hans, he will be spared. Now sit back, so I can enjoy the fight," he murmured, pulling Hans back against his chest.

Hans' eyes kept wandering down to where Perez lay on the floor. The steady rise and fall of his chest gave Hans peace of mind that he was all right. He reluctantly leaned back against Gullbrand's broad chest allowing the large man hold him. His eyes focused again on the two giants in the ring as they were unfrozen.

Cardoso spun and glared up angrily at his former associates, his right eye was swollen shut and he was missing several teeth, making him appear even more grotesque. "Take your hands off my property, asshole!" he slurred angrily.

Duffy also glared up at the new threats to his young friend. He met Hans' frightened eyes. "If you hurt him I will rip off your arms and beat you to death with them!" he threatened.

Gullbrand tossed back his head and laughed. "Oh, you have balls, n'thral. What is your name and why do you care what happens to this beauty?"

"The name is Jason Duffy and that young man is under my protection," he growled, ignoring the look that flashed across Cardoso's face as he finally realized that Duffy was no farmer.

"You lied to me, bastard! I will kill you for that," Cardoso screamed and launched himself angrily at Duffy.

Duffy sidestepped and kicked out, catching Cardoso in the groin and as he doubled over with pain, Duffy grabbed him around his throat. He held him bent backwards with his massive arm cutting off the other giant's air. "You're going to kill me are you, scumbag? I don't think so! I'm going to make you pay painfully for what you did to my young friend," Duffy growled as he reached between Cardoso's legs and grabbed his cock and balls and twisted them.

Cardoso's scream of pain could be heard for miles as Duffy, with his muscles straining with effort, proceeded to tear the organ off his enemy's body.

Hans couldn't watch; he turned his face into Gullbrand's shoulder shivering with revulsion. He hated Cardoso, but he couldn't bear to see anyone die so horribly.

The other sorcerers were screaming their approval, enjoying the brutality of the massive giant. "I must have that n'thral for my army," Emperor Kong Woo Long said, watching as Cardoso's body thrashed painfully around on the ground as the large creature bled to death.

"Stand in line, Kong," Menes II replied.

"I'm willing to give up my claims on that pretty immortal," the Emperor stated. He already had a pretty, Chinese immortal back on his ship waiting for him.

"Done," Gullbrand said quickly. One less competitor for Hans was more than fine with him.

All the others soon agreed to let Kong have Duffy.

"Very well, Kong, since you have no claim to our pretty immortal, you can referee our competition for him when we get back to Egypt," Menes II replied.

"What should we do about this country and these men?" King Raschan asked, looking around at the frozen men sitting in the stadium.

"Leave them, our ships are full with American slaves. We don't have room, and they're not worth killing," Gullbrand said, anxious to get back to Egypt so he could win Hans.

Hans sighed with relief, he didn't want to see anyone else killed or injured. At least Duffy wasn't going to be killed; it sounded like he was too highly prized.

"Come, Hans, you will be sailing with me on my ship," Gullbrand said, helping the young man off his lap.

"I don't think so, Gullbrand. Hans will sail on Kong's ship," Menes II replied.

"Are you out of your *fucking* mind? I'm not going to allow him anywhere near Hans," Gullbrand growled, pulling Hans protectively against his chest.

Kong chuckled. "Don't worry, Blondie, he will be treated with reverence aboard my ship. My mate will enjoy his companionship."

Gullbrand met the challenging eyes of all the other leaders and knew he would not win this argument. "See that he is, Kong! If you or your men touch one precious hair on his pretty head, I will kill you," he threatened, turning Hans over to the care of the large Chinese Emperor.

Hans' eyes met Duffy's one final time as several sorcerers from Kong's ship bound the giant's arms and legs in irons. Hans tried not to look at Hector's body as he followed Kong out of the stadium. A deep sadness overtook him as he realized that he might never see Melvin or his adopted family again.


Gabriel Hunter was exhausted, he had used his powers to hold the small boat together and move them faster toward their destination. They were still at least a day away from Argentina. He needed to rest if he was going to be able to use his powers to rescue Hans.

"Melvin, do you think you could handle sailing the boat for awhile? It looks like we should have clear sailing the rest of the trip, I want to rest up before we reach Argentina."

"Yeah, sure, Gabriel, go below and sleep. If I run into trouble I'll wake you," Frohike said, looking at his friend. They had become even closer in the time they had spent searching for Hans.

"Thanks, Melvin, he said, climbing tiredly down into the ship's cabin.

Brooding, Frohike looked out over the bow of the ship. He had a disquieting feeling in the pit of his stomach. He focused his powers on the clear shimmering water, trying to see the future on its glassy surface. He was startled by the image that appeared in the gentle waves. His Hans was sitting quietly on the deck of a large ship and sitting behind him was a beautiful Chinese immortal who was brushing Hans' golden hair. What was going on? Where was Cardoso? Frohike concentrated harder trying to get answers to his questions when the battered, bloody body of Cardoso appeared in the shimmering waters.

Was this the future he was seeing or the present? The only way they would find out was in Argentina. He prayed that wherever his lover was that he was being treated well.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Saturday, March 19
5:00 p.m.

Skinner parked the SUV in front of the mansion. He hadn't been here since he had awakened from his coma. He looked longingly at the structure as they climbed out of the vehicle. It felt good to finally be home. He smiled as Shinji Takeda and Major Kazuo Sawada came racing out of the mansion. Skinner had informed Sawada that they had his Uncle Masataka with them.

"Uncle, are you all right?" Sawada asked, pulling the older man into a hug.

"I'm fine, Kazuo," Izumi said, smiling and hugging his nephew back, his eyes met Shinji's over Kazuo's shoulder.

He gently pushed his nephew away and went to meet the beautiful young immortal. "You must be Shinji. Mulder has told me a lot about you, it's a pleasure to finally meet you," Izumi said, hugging the young man.

Sawada had been worried about how he'd explain Shinji to his uncle. Although his uncle was opened minded, it was still difficult to tell a family member that he had a male lover. Telling his father and Uncles Takeshi and Shinobu was about the hardest thing Kazuo had ever done.

Izumi turned and looked back at his nephew. "Kazuo, he is so beautiful. I am so happy for you." Turning back to Takeda, he asked, "Shinji, where is this baby you named after my sister?"

"She's inside with Rory, Uncle. Please let me take your bag, we have a room all prepared for you," he said happily, taking an instant liking to the older man.

Mulder stood outside the car holding Faith who was sleeping with her tiny head resting on his shoulder as he silently watched the happy family scene unfold. Krycek's arm wrapped around his waist. "C'mon, Fox, let's show our guests to their rooms then you can fix them something to eat."

"That won't be necessary, Alex. Shinji and I already cooked dinner, it is warming on the stove," Sawada said, missing the look of disappointment in Krycek's green orbs.

Pyetr Yermolov had spent the past day watching how Alexei was treating Mulder and didn't understand why Alex was being such an ass. "Alexei, why don't you show Marat and me to our rooms. I'm sure Mulder would like to take Faith inside and put her to bed."

Skinner picked up immediately on what Yermolov was trying to do. "That a good idea, Alex. Fox and I will put the babies to bed and meet you all back in the kitchen. I'm starving, Kazuo, I hope you made a lot of food," Skinner replied, holding Hope who was also sound asleep. He didn't give Krycek a chance to object, instead he ushered Fox quickly into the mansion.

"There should be plenty, Walter," Sawada replied, following Skinner into the mansion. His uncle and Shinji had already gone inside to find Rory and Ayako.

Before Krycek could follow the others into the mansion, Yermolov grabbed his upper arm. "Okay, Alexei, what gives?" he asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Why are you treating Mulder so rudely. I thought you were in love with him?"

"It's none of your business how I treat my lover, Pyetr! I suggest you stay out of it, this is between Fox and myself," Krycek growled, pulling out of his friend's grasp.

"Mulder needs your support and love, Alexei. He's been through a hard time," Yermolov argued.

"Fox needs a firm hand so he doesn't get himself into trouble again," Krycek replied. "Just drop it, Pyetr. C'mon, I'll show you and Marat to your room and introduce you to the rest of the family."

Fyodorov exchanged concerned looks with Yermolov as they followed Krycek into the mansion. The little man froze when a vision flashed before his eyes. He saw Alexei lying unmoving in a muddy field with lightening flashing over head and the rumble of thunder sounded all around, there was smoke coming off Alexei's badly burnt body, and Nikolai Slava was standing over him. The vision ended as quickly as it had begun. Fyodorov shook himself to clear his mind and rushed after Alex and Pyetr. He couldn't tell anyone about this vision, he needed more information.


Mulder glanced sadly around their bedroom the damage to the room had been repaired by MacIver, but there were several personal items missing that his lovers and he had collected, including photographs of them and their daughters. He placed Faith down on the center of the bed next to Hope. Skinner placed the pillows around the babies so they wouldn't roll off the bed.

"It's a small loss, Fox. We'll have new prints made from the negatives, which are still in the wall safe. Obviously the bastards weren't able to find it," Skinner replied, pulling Mulder into his arms. "We're home now, everything will be okay. You'll see."

"Will it, Walter? How can you even stand to touch me? I didn't even fight Slava, I gave myself to him willingly," Mulder stated, wanting to make his lover mad. He wanted Walter to punish him as he deserved and not to treat him so kindly. He didn't deserve kindness. He had betrayed them.

"Fox, you won't be able to convince me that you went to Slava's bed willingly. You only went to secure a cure for Alex and me. Am I happy that you did something so stupid? *No.* But I am willing to forgive you because your heart was in the right place," Skinner soothed. He'd already had this same argument with Fox three times. God, it was hard enough convincing his lover that he forgave him without Alex convincing Fox that he had committed the greatest sin.

What was he going to do with Alex? He couldn't allow him to continue to treat Fox the way he has been. There was something not quite right with Alex, he seemed moodier than usual. Maybe what they all needed was some peace and quiet, some time to relax and become a family again.

"Walter, do you think they'll find them?" Mulder asked sadly.

Skinner sighed; they would never be able to relax as long as members of their family were still missing. "Don't worry, Fox. Gabriel and Melvin will bring Hans and Duffy home."

Mulder nodded, hoping Walter was right. "I need to call Scully and see if there is any news on Jonathan. I can't believe that he is missing, too. Fuck, it's the Mulder *curse* rearing its ugly head. People that I care about always end up getting hurt or disappearing," Mulder replied miserably as he walked over to the telephone.

Skinner wanted to shake him and make him see that not everything revolved around him. "Fox, you don't have to call Dana, she's staying in one of our guestrooms. And you're not cursed...at least I don't think you are, but maybe I should hire a witchdoctor to check you out just in case," he quipped, trying to lighten his lover's mood instead.

Mulder gave him a startled look and a slow smile appeared on his full lips briefly. "You do that, Walter," he said as he left the bedroom to search for his best friend.

He ran into Krycek in the upstairs hallway. His lover looked angrily at him. "Where's Walter? Why are you alone?"

"I'm just going to find Scully, Alex. We're inside the mansion, there isn't anything that can happen to me here," Mulder replied nervously.

"I don't want you to go anywhere alone, Fox, you can't be trusted *not* to get into trouble! C'mon, I'll take you to Dana," he grumbled.

"Yes, Alex," Mulder replied meekly as he followed the younger man down the long hallway, feeling depressed again.

Downstairs in the kitchen Blaise and Hawk were drooling over the young Russian major. Neither man knew what was happening to them. They had never felt this turned on by anyone besides each other.

"So, Pyetr, can I get you something to drink? Tea, coffee, beer," Hawk offered.

Yermolov shifted uncomfortably on the kitchen stool as he gazed into the loveliest set of sparkling midnight eyes he'd ever seen. These two beautiful immortals had him harder than the frozen Siberian tundra. "Vodka would be nice, Joe, if you have it," he said, needing a stiff drink.

"Two Russian Americans own this place, I think we have a stash of vodka somewhere," Hawk quipped, reaching above the stove and opening the cabinet where Alex kept his stash of vodka. Luckily, the invaders had left that cabinet untouched. "Would you like to try some of Alex's homebrew? Or the domestic?"

"Alexei's homebrew sounds intriguing," the young major said, watching Hawk's ass as he reached up for the bottle and getting even hornier. He jumped when Blaise casually draped his arm around his shoulder.

"So, you're a sorcerer, Pyetr. Any good?" Blaise asked huskily, licking in his lips and staring at the bulge in the Russian's pants.

"Good?" Yermolov squeaked, reading another meaning into Blaise's words.

"Yeah, at making things move with your hands," Hawk said setting a glass of vodka in front of the man while invading his personal space and rubbing seductively up against Pyetr's body.

Marat Fyodorov stood with his mouth open across the kitchen, watching in awe as the two amorous immortals hit on his countryman. He needed to get in on some of this action. Fyodorov spit in his hand and slicked back his unruly hair, adjusted his clothing then sauntered over there. "Hi, gorgeous, I don't think we were introduce, I'm Marat," he said to Hawk.

"The name's not gorgeous, it's Joe, and I suggest you take your grubby little hand off my ass or you're going to lose it," the immortal growled.

Fyodorov jumped back. "But your hand is on Pyetr's ass, what gives?"

Hawk couldn't answer the little man; he didn't know why he was feeling so horny for Pyetr's body. He met Justin's eyes over the young Russian's head. It wasn't as if his lover and he hadn't been keeping each other satisfied, they were, and then some. For some reason, he wanted to have sex with Pyetr -- badly.

"I would like to get a sample of your blood, Pyetr," Takeda said. He had also been watching his friends fall all over the Russian, and Pyetr's valiant effort to control himself as he sat with his legs squeezed tightly together. If this wasn't tied to their genes, he didn't know what else it could be. Takeda was hoping to prove his genetic bond mate theory, and he needed more evidence.

"Shinji, not again. Would you just chill on your genetics testing," Blaise admonished.

"It's important, Justin. I need to know, *we* need to know for our own safety and piece of mind," Takeda argued.

"Why is that, Shinji?" MacIver asked, picking up the anxiety in his lover's voice.

"Rory, Kazuo and I are genetic bond mates. You and I are not. You know how quickly I fell in love with Kazuo and had to have him as part of my life! What happens if I meet someone else who I'm genetically bonded to? What if I fall as deeply in love with him as I am Kazuo? That is why I want to develop a drug that would counteract these feelings," Takeda said.

"You have a point, Shin. I really don't think our bed is large enough for another one of your lovers," MacIver joked.

Blaise squeezed Yermolov's shoulder affectionately. "C'mon, Pyetr, Joe and I will give you a tour of the estate." Then he leaned down and whispered into the Russian's ear, "And we'll take care of this for you in the process." He brazenly patted the bulge in the man's pants.

Pyetr groaned and almost embarrassed himself by coming. "Okay," he gasped and climbed cautiously off the stool, he stiffly followed the two immortals out of the kitchen.

Takeda frowned. "Maybe we should stop them, Rory."

"They're adults, Shin, it's their decision who they take into their bed," MacIver replied, nodding to Izumi who had come into the kitchen carrying Ayako, Sawada followed a step behind them.

"Who's taking who into their bed?" Sawada asked.

"I think Justin and Joe are going to have sex with Pyetr," Takeda informed him.

"You sound like you have a problem with that, Shin?" Sawada asked confused by his lover's anxiety.

"Yes. Because Pyetr's a sorcerer," he replied, disgusted.

"Yeah, and your point is, love?" MacIver asked a bit miffed.

"Sorry, Rory, I didn't mean it that way. Justin and Joe aren't dependent like I am on you and Kazuo for sex. They don't have to worry about someday experiencing withdrawal symptoms. If they have anal sex with Pyetr then all of that will change, and I think they are only doing it because they are genetically bonded to him. Like Justin and Joe are bonded to each other," Takeda explained.

Now it was Sawada's turn to be miffed. "Shin, there is nothing wrong with being genetically bonded to someone! We are and that doesn't tarnish our love for each other."

"Sorry, Kazuo, I didn't mean it that way either. I think I should shut up before I really put my foot in my mouth," he said.


Scully opened the bedroom door to the two men waiting out in the hallway. Mulder could immediately tell that she'd been crying. When Scully saw him, she threw herself into his arms.

"Thank God, Mulder, you're home!"

"Scully, how are you doing?" Mulder studied her closely it had been over five weeks since he saw her last, and her pregnancy was starting to show. She looked tired as if she hadn't slept in awhile. He caressed the side of her cheek with his thumb.

"Mulder, I'm at my wits end. I can do absolutely nothing to get Jonathan back on my own! The U.S. government is going to demand the return of our men, but that could take months, if ever. I hate feeling so helpless! I'm a FBI agent for Christsake!" Scully ranted her emotions were raw and too close to the surface.

Mulder pulled her into his arm. "Ssh, it's going to be okay, Scully, we'll get Jonathan back...I'll..." He stopped speaking as his eyes met Krycek's over Scully's head. "I'm sure Walter and Alex will help you, Scully," he murmured submissively.

"Yeah, don't worry. Walter and I will help you find him," Krycek said. "If you'll excuse us, Dana, Fox needs to take a nap, he hasn't been sleeping well lately."

"Mulder, I'm sorry. How are you doing?" Scully asked, feeling embarrassed that she didn't notice how pale and withdrawn her friend appeared.

Mulder looked away, refusing to meet her eyes. "I'm fine, Scully,'" he said hastily. "I have to go with, Alex, now. I'll ... we'll see you tomorrow." He couldn't bear for her to see him so pathetic; Scully had enough problems to worry about without him adding to them.

He allowed Alex to drag him back to their room. The babies were still soundly sleeping on the middle of their king-sized bed.

"We'll leave them for now, Fox, I think you could use a nice hot shower," Krycek said, pushing him into the bathroom then he jumped up and sat on the counter, leaning back against the mirror. "Okay, strip for me, baby."

"What?"

"I want you to strip for me."

Mulder stood nervously in the center of the room. His hands shook as he unbuttoned the first three buttons of his knit top. Keeping his eyes focused on the floor, he pulled the top over his head and was going to let it drop when he hesitated and started to carry it over to the laundry hamper.

"Just let it drop, Fox, I'll take care of your clothes later. I want you to look at me while you remove the rest of your clothing."

Mulder dropped the shirt on the floor then looked at the center of Alex's chest refusing to meet the younger man's eyes as he peeled off his undershirt then started to unbutton his jeans, while toeing off his sneakers.

Krycek frowned, this wasn't working out like he wanted. "Fox, look me in the eyes." He waited until Mulder raised his eyes to meet his before saying anything else. "I love you, Fox. You do know that don't you?"

"Yes," Mulder said simply sliding his jeans down his long legs.

"Who do you belong to?"

"You and Walter," he responded softly, removing his boxers and standing naked before his lover.

"I want to see you pleasure yourself, Fox. I want to see you make yourself come," Krycek purred, looking hungrily at Fox's beautiful body. "I want you to do it to please me. Go ahead, babe, tease your nipples."

Mulder stared passively at him and his hands went up to twist and pinch his own nipples, he continued until he started to feel himself getting aroused. He didn't want that to happen so he stopped.

"Continue, Fox. Don't stop, I want to see those beautiful nipples looking like succulent, red buds," Krycek said lustily, his hand stroking himself through his pants.

The look in Krycek's eyes made Mulder fearful of disobeying him so he went back to pleasuring himself. His cock soon stood painfully erect against his belly, while his nipples were red and sore little nubs. Mulder's hand went down to touch his cock.

"Don't touch it yet. I want to watch as you fuck yourself with this dildo," Krycek said and a ten-inch dildo appeared in his hand. He tossed the object to Fox who caught it and ran his hand over its surface feeling that it was already coated with a lubricate.

Mulder was glad that it wasn't very thick, but the forth-inch ridges circling the dildo at one-inch intervals were going to be a problem. He sighed and placed his foot up on the bathtub rim and spread his legs further apart. Meeting Alex's aroused emerald orbs he brought the dildo between his legs and pressed it up against his anus. He tightly grasped the thick handle at the base of the dildo that was shaped like a set of balls and pushed until he felt his sphincter muscle give. The first inch of the object entered him, then stopped at the first ridge. He strained until the first two ridges popped inside him, giving him the most pleasurable sensation. No, he didn't want to feel pleasure from this humiliation.

Krycek had unfastened his pants and his hard cock was gripped in his fist, he slowly stroked it as he watched Fox slide another three inches of the dildo into his delicious ass. "Just four more inches to go, babe, I want to see it all the way inside of you," Krycek urged.

Mulder didn't think he could get the last four inches inside without coming, each time he pushed it further in the ridges would rub against his prostate sending electric bolts of pleasure throughout his body and ending at his groin. He held his breath and slammed the last four inches home until the round handle was flush with his ass. Mulder screamed as his cock exploded, sending spurts milky come shooting across the bathroom.

Krycek couldn't take the painful fullness of his erection any longer. He hopped off the counter and shed his clothes. He dragged Mulder into an embrace, kissing him passionately while his hand reached down, twisted, and turned the dildo that was still inside him. Then he started to fuck his lover with that hard piece of plastic.

Mulder trembled in Alex's strong embrace as the ridges relentlessly scraped against his tender insides, he was becoming erected again, and he buried his face into his lover's shoulder. At least Alex wasn't making him perform for his enjoyment like some cheap whore any longer. He could live with this sort of pleasure. Mulder bit the side of Alex's neck to keep from crying out as the younger man pulled the dildo from his body, and tightly gripped his cock to keep him from coming again.

"Not yet, babe. I want to be inside of you when you come this time. I want to feel that delicious hot interior squeeze my cock like a velvet fist. I want to own you, Fox, every fucking beautiful silken inch. Mind, body, and soul," Krycek murmured lustfully as he positioned his lover's body over the sink, and sank quickly into him.

Krycek didn't release his firm hold on Fox's cock; he knew if he did his lover would come. He wanted to fuck him first. Long. Hard. Deep. Krycek spent twenty minutes pounding into Fox's tight responsive body until he felt his balls tighten up and he released his hold on his lover's cock and the two men screamed as they orgasmed together.

Mulder slumped against the counter, he couldn't remember the last time that he had been so thoroughly fucked. For a brief moment he forgot his problems, and turned around in Alex's arms after the younger man had slipped out of him and kissed him for all he was worth. "Thanks, Alex."

Krycek rained gentle kisses all over Fox's face. "You're welcome, lover. C'mon, let's get you into the shower. You need a nap more than ever now."

Mulder bit his tongue. Although he was tired he didn't want a nap, but he didn't want to make Alex mad by protesting.

"Daddee."

They looked toward at the sound of Faith's voice. Krycek caught Mulder's shocked and worried expression as he went to pick up their daughter.

"Don't worry, Fox, she didn't see us. However, we are going to have to be more careful in the future with both of them walking now," Krycek said, turning to his daughter he hugged and kissed her. "Isn't that right, cutie? Are Daddy Fox and I going to have to put bells on your shoes so you can't sneak up on us?" he teased.

Mulder went over and turned on the shower. He would be mortified if his daughters were ever to witness him having sex. He wasn't ashamed to have them see him naked, but sex was a whole other issue. They were going to have to watch what they said in front of their daughters as well. Life just kept getting more and more complicated.


Cardoso's Fortress
Sunday, March 20 5:00 p.m.

The small fishing boat limped into the harbor, and died at the dock.

"We're not going to be able to use this boat again," Frohike said.

"We won't be needing it again, Melvin," Hunter replied.

They walked toward the city and away from the docks. As they got closer, they heard music and the sounds of a celebration going on.

"What do you think it is?" Hunter asked.

"Cardoso's dead. The people are celebrating," Frohike replied, reading the minds of the celebrators. "Hans isn't here, Gabriel."

Frohike had been prepared. He had not expected to find Hans here, but it took Hunter completely by surprise. The handsome sorcerer's face fell at the news. Although Hunter had been trying to make telepathic contact with Hans since they sailed into the harbor, he was half hoping the reason he couldn't reach him was that a clairvoyant or another sorcerer was shielding Hans' presence.

"Where is he?"

"I don't know. We'll have to find someone who's in charge," Frohike said.

They searched for an hour and finally got directions from one of the celebrators who was still somewhat sober. Hunter pounded on the sturdy wood door until a servant answered it.

"We want to see General Perez, is he around?" Hunter demanded.

"The General isn't taking visitors right now," the servant replied and started to close the door.

Hunter's hand shot out and held it open.

"That's all right, Luis, show these gentlemen into my study," General Perez said. Standing in front of an open doorway, he turned and walked back into the room.

Frohike and Hunter quickly crossed the foyer and followed the General into the room. The General stood pouring brandy from a decanter into three glasses. "Would you gentlemen do me the honor of having a drink with me?" he asked.

"You know why we're here?" Hunter asked as the older man handed him a brandy snifter.

"I was going to return Hans to America, but he was taken from me before I had the chance. The poor boy, he misses you greatly," Perez said, looking at Frohike. "You're a lucky man to have someone who is so pure of heart and beautiful."

"Where is Hans?"

"The coalition leaders took him. I was able to read their destination as I regained consciousness. They're taking him to Egypt where they plan to hold a competition for which one of them gets him."

"Damn, we need to get to Egypt, is there someone here who can fly us there?" Hunter asked.

"Yes, I will have my best pilot fly you there," the General said.

"General Perez, there was a n'thral who might have been with Hans, we're trying to find him, too. Can you tell us if you've seen him? He'd be pretty hard to miss, Duffy stands nine feet tall," Hunter asked.

"He's gone, too. Emperor Kong took him. The other sla ... prisoners that we took from your country have all been freed ... I'm going to be shipping them home in the morning," Perez said. "I'll send my servant for the pilot, if you leave now you'll arrive in Egypt days before the coalition gets there, which should give you time to plan how you're going to rescue young Hans."

"Thank you, General," Hunter said, finally something was going their way.


Chapter 11 - The Rescue

Foxfire Glenn Estate
Friday, March 24
4:30 a.m.

Mulder snuggled closer to the warmth of his lover's naked body. Lying here, beside his Walter, he felt the most at peace. Walter hadn't put any demands on him, like Alex did. He treated him with respect and equality -- like Alex used to do. However, he realized that the way Alex treated him now was his own fault, if only he could go back in time and fix it. He would instantly. Mulder drifted deeper into sleep, the sound of the alarm going off breached his peaceful slumber and he muttered sleepily, rolling over he snuggled into Alex's side as Walter moved away to shut off the alarm.

Skinner lay on his back for several minutes and contemplated quitting the FBI for the umpteenth time that week. He'd been going in early and getting home late every night this week. However, it was necessary, they were setting up interim FBI offices around D.C. and in Baltimore. He felt guilty; he didn't like leaving Fox alone with Alex for that length of time.

Fox seemed to be becoming more withdrawn and depressed. Skinner didn't like to see the spirit driven out of his lover, he wanted to be here to soothe and assure Fox that he hadn't done anything wrong and that he was still the same intelligent and brave man that he had fallen in love with. He just hadn't had the time. Now the government wanted to hold an awards ceremony *Sunday* at the Capital to celebrate their victory, he had been really looking forward to spending that day alone with Fox, since he had to work Saturday. He really wanted to just quit. Skinner sighed dejectedly and leaned over to kiss Fox softly on the side of his mouth before climbing out of bed and heading for the bathroom.

Skinner came out of the bathroom thirty minutes later freshly showered and dressed in his bureau garb and went straight to the nursery. As usual Hope was sitting up in her crib waiting for him like she had for the past four mornings. The kid was becoming a morning person like her father. "Morning, angel," Skinner said softly.

"Dada wup," Hope babbled, holding out her arms to be picked up.

"Do you want to have breakfast with Daddy this morning, precious?" he whispered, lifting her from the crib. "Hmm, but first someone needs to have her diaper changed." He glanced inside the next crib at Faith who was still out like a light as he carried her sister into the bathroom to change her.

The two finally made their way into the kitchen. Jeffrey Spender was sitting at the counter drinking a mug of coffee.

"Morning, Walter," he said.

"You're up early," Skinner observed. Placing Hope in her highchair he went to get her some juice.

"I'm helping out at the hospital this morning," Spender answered, looking hesitantly at Skinner. "Walter, what's going on between Alex and Mulder?"

"They're trying to work out some personal problems. Fox has asked me not to interfere, and I'm trying to respect his wishes, but it is as hard as hell doing so," Skinner sighed.

"Yeah, I can imagine it would be," Spender said, not realizing that Skinner was unaware of just how poorly Krycek was treating Mulder. Spender debated bringing up what he had witnessed involving Alex, but he didn't want to worry Skinner unnecessarily, instead he said, "Alex seems different somehow, I...I was thinking that it might be a good idea to have him checked out medically."

"Why? Jeff, have you had a vision involving Alex? If you have I want to know about it, no matter how insignificant," Skinner said sternly.

"No, I haven't had any visions. It's probably nothing, but I saw Alex trying to use his powers yesterday, and he seemed to be having some difficulty," Spender replied.

Skinner felt a headache coming on. They had already gone through so much that the mere thought that something could be wrong with Alex made him anxious. "It could be that Alex is feeling a lot of stress lately, and it's affecting his powers. I'll ask Alex to contact Dr. Harris or Dr. Pendrell and set up an appointment," he said, pouring himself a bowl of cereal and fixing Hope one, too.

"Walter, getting Dr. Pendrell to come out may be rather hard; he was one of the doctors kidnapped."

"Damn! I haven't had time to check on all of our friends, yet," Skinner groaned, sitting tiredly on the kitchen stool, the bowls of cereal forgotten.

"Walter, you can't do everything. You're busy rebuilding the FBI headquarters, which at the moment takes precedence over everything else," Spender replied. Getting up he poured milk into the two bowls of cereal, setting Skinner's bowl in front of him and pulling a chair next to Hope's highchair he started feeding her.

She looked at him appreciatively, glancing sideways at her father to see why he wasn't feeding her.

"No, Jeff, family and friends take precedence over my job. I'm going to have a talk with the Director when I get in today. I need to cut back the number of hours I'm putting in or quit altogether."

"Walter, the FBI needs your honest leadership. You can't just quit. The position you hold could be greatly abused by the wrong person," Spender said, knowing all too well the corruption that had once been inside the FBI.

"I realize that! It's one of the reasons I haven't quit, yet," Skinner growled. He was also afraid to give up his position because it gave him the ability to better protect his family that he wouldn't have had without it.

Spender held his tongue not wanting to make Skinner any angrier, he still felt awkward around the big man. Instead he just focused on feeding his niece.


Cairo
Friday, March 24
1:30 p.m.

Frohike and Hunter were disguised in local garb as they stood in the sweltering heat, waiting and watching. They had been casing Pharaoh Menes' palace for the last five days, and had discovered a way inside through the ghoul-infested catacombs that honeycombed the earth below the palace and city. The coalition had just arrived yesterday giving Frohike and Hunter their first glimpse of Hans in nearly a month as he was led into the palace, however there was no sign of Duffy.

Frohike sighed with relief as his mind found his young lover inside the palace. He didn't dare risk making telepathic contact. "Hans hasn't been touched since he was taken from Argentina. They seem to be treating him with reverence." It disturb Frohike the abuse Hans had suffered at the hands of Cardoso, he wished he could go back in time and kill that fucking n'thral himself.

"It is hardly out of reverence, they don't want each other to touch him," Hunter stated.

"Gabriel, it doesn't matter why they're treating him that way, only that they are. Do you have a plan?" Frohike groused, stepping under the overhang of a building to get out of the blazing sun.

"Oh yeah, we get him out during their competition for him. They are planning to combat each other using their sorcerer powers, and the last one standing gets Hans," Hunter smiled. It was their good fortune to be up against morons who would take each other out, making it so much easier for him and Melvin. "We just have to figure out how to get by the ghouls." Hunter frowned. He couldn't use his powers, which would alert any other sorcerer in the area, besides he wanted to conserve his powers for the coming fight.

Frohike pulled a vial from his pocket, holding it up for Hunter to see.

"What's that?"

"Anti-ghoul virus. I acquired the vial back in D.C. before we left for Miami. I figured it might come in handy," Melvin smirked. "We just have to release it into the catacombs at sunrise and by dusk all of the little ghoulies will be dead. Then we can just stroll in and collect Hans, as easy as pie."

"Melvin, it is hardly going to be that easy. There are six of the world's most powerful sorcerers inside," Hunter frowned.

"You said yourself that most of them will be in no shape to fight you, and besides we have the element of surprise on our side. Where's your faith?"

"C'mon, let's find something to eat and lay low until tomorrow morning," Hunter said, ignoring the little man's question.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Friday, March 24
1:30 p.m.

Alex silently closed the nursery door. The babies were down for their afternoon nap and that left a little over an hour for he and Fox to enjoy themselves.

Mulder stood anxiously next to the bed, he did not look forward to his times alone with Alex, not like he used to, before. Alex had been treating him like an object to be used for his personal pleasure and did not seem to care what he wanted or needed.

"Why are you still dressed? Shake a leg, Fox," Krycek growled impatiently. He waited until Fox started to undress before heading into the bathroom to retrieve a couple of toys to help in Fox's enjoyment of their coupling. Krycek had noticed that Fox wasn't enjoying himself lately. He went into the closest and retrieved a box from the top shelf. If he wasn't having some weird problems with his powers he would have stayed in the bedroom and teleported it to him.

When Krycek came out of the bathroom, Fox was sitting sadly on the edge of the bed with his head bowed. He had done as he had been told, and Alex noted that he had folded his clothes neatly and placed them on a chair. Krycek dropped the two dildos and lubricant on the middle of the bed. "Fox, you do know that I love you, don't you?" he asked, kneeling at his lover's feet and taking his hands.

"Yes, Alex," Mulder murmured, not meeting his eyes.

Krycek sighed. He was certain that Fox would eventually see things his way. "C'mon, I want you to give me a blow job at the same time I give you one. Get on the center of the bed."

Mulder complied with Alex's orders, frowning sadly at the dildos as he positioned his body on its side. He watched as Alex quickly stripped and climbed opposite him. Mulder sighed forlornly and took Alex's cock into his mouth; he tried to make it feel good for his lover although his heart wasn't in it.

Krycek moaned and lapped at the generous head of Fox's cock, sucking at the delicious flesh as his fingers rubbed up and down its thick length trying to entice a response from his lover, which was getting harder and harder to do. He became frustrated after five minutes when Fox was only partially erect. So he opened the tube of lubricant coated one of the dildos, and slid it slowly between the firm, ivory buttocks and into Fox's tight anus.

Mulder wiggled as the hard piece of plastic slid up inside him and he couldn't help himself as he started to feel arousal from the penetration, his cock slowly filled with blood, swelling, and lengthening.

"That's, my baby," Krycek hummed with his lips pressed against the now ripe cock-head as he manipulated the dildo, turning and pushing it further into his lover. Krycek really wanted Fox's pleasure above all else. His initial reasons for wanting to dominate and control him were warring with his need to comfort and soothe him.

Mulder felt tears spring to his eyes as his body betrayed him. He sniveled and continued to suck on Alex's cock.

Krycek shifted so he could reach the other dildo, this one he didn't need to lubricate, his lover's body made its own. He pushed it against Fox's navel, sliding it inside.

"No, Alex. Please, ttttake it out," Mulder moaned, his body quaking with pleasure.

"What's it like, Fox? Tell me what it feels like to have an orifice like a female? It must feel sooo good to be able to have multiple orgasms," Krycek asked, pushing the dildo in to the hilt, he felt the vibrations through its base as the internal muscles squeezed and contracted around it. "Hmmm? How many orgasms do you think you can achieve in a half-hour, baby? Shall we find out?" Krycek asked, grasping both dildos he proceeded to slowly fuck his lover.

Mulder writhed on the bed, completely forgetting Alex's cock. It only took Alex a minute to force the first orgasm from Fox's body. Krycek's mouth clamped over the head of Fox's cock and he swallowed the semen as it pumped out. He pulled the dildo out of Mulder's ass and tossed it on the floor.

Krycek climbed behind Fox who was still quaking from the force of his orgasm. He stroked his lover's sweat dampened body, kissing the side of Fox's throat. Krycek pulled away and coated his cock. He positioned it against the tight hole and slammed it home deep inside his lover's languishing body. Krycek ground his hips until his cock was in as deep as it would get, then he reached for the dildo in Fox's navel and found that it had slipped out and only the tip was still inside. He slipped his other arm under Fox's body and wrapped it around his chest holding their two bodies firmly meshed. He wanted to feel every sweet vibration of pleasure that coursed through Fox's body. Krycek had a hard time getting the dildo back into his lover's navel; Fox's internal muscles were still contracting.

Mulder wanted Alex to stop. He never liked dildos and he particularly didn't like the piece of plastic invading his new orifice. It was degrading and humiliating to have pleasure forced out of his body, so similar to what Slava had done to him.

"You like that don't you, baby," Krycek purred into his ear, nipping at its lobe. "I can feel your body quivering every time I shove this dildo back in. Mm, so good. I can feel your ass

squeezing my cock, Fox, and look at how hard you are again," he said, pumping the dildo in harder and faster. He held still inside Fox, he was so near the edge that the slightest movement would send him over.

Mulder bit his lip to stop himself from moaning as his body was lit from within, blazes of the purest pleasure burned through him. He hated himself for feeling it, and he hated what he had become -- an object to be used by men. He arched back against Alex's chest as another orgasm was forcefully pulled from his body.

As Fox's muscles bore down on his cock, Alex couldn't hold back any longer and he erupted deep inside Fox's writhing body. Krycek lay panting wrapped around his lover's body, still deeply sheathed inside of his Fox when he noticed the tears for the first time pouring down his beautiful lover's face.

"Fox, I didn't hurt you did I?" he asked deeply concerned.

Mulder couldn't talk; he was too upset, so he just shook his head no and placed his hand over Alex's that still held the dildo imbedded in his navel and pulled it free.

"Fox?" Krycek said again, wanting to know what had upset him.

The babies started crying in the nursery and Mulder took that as an opportunity to focus his mind off his own sadness and onto his daughters' needs. "You didn't hurt me, Alex. Let me get up. I have to attend to the babies," he said, waiting for Alex to pull out of him, and release him from his tight embrace.

"I just wanted to make sure, Fox. The last thing I ever want to do is harm you during sex," Krycek said, leaning over he kissed Fox passionately. He was a little taken aback by the unresponsiveness of Fox's lips.

"The babies need me, Alex. Would you please let me go?"

Krycek pulled out and released his hold on Fox. He watched sadly as Fox climbed out of bed and pulled on a robe. It wasn't supposed to be like this. Did Fox hate him now? He had to protect him, why couldn't he just understand and accept it?

"Would you mind putting your toys away, Alex. I don't want my daughters seeing them," Mulder called out from the nursery.

Krycek grudgingly got up and picked up the dildos and carried them back into the bathroom. He had to take a shower anyway.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Friday, March 24
7:00 p.m.

Skinner walked tiredly into the family room and smiled at the sight before him. Fox was curled up on the sofa with Hope peacefully drinking a bottle in his arms, while his head rested on Alex's lap. Faith sat on the other side of Alex and was playing with Fox's hair. The sight alleviated some of the worries he had about how Fox and Alex were getting along while he was at work.

The TV was on in the background, but no one was watching it. Skinner walked over to the sofa and knelt down, kissing Alex first then Fox who looked up at him and smiled softly. "Walter, you're home early. We didn't expect you for at least two hours."

"Yeah, Walter, what gives? Is the Director getting soft?" Krycek joked.

"No, I had a talk with him about my hours and we came to an agreement to cut them back," Skinner said, smiling, he picked up Hope and hugged her against his chest. "I've missed you both and our daughters too much."

"There's some leftover lasagna in the refrigerator ... I'll heat it up for you," Mulder said, starting to rise.

Skinner pushed him back down. "No, you stay there. I'll get it myself."

Skinner placed Hope back in Fox's arm then wandered into the kitchen. He greeted Izumi who was making himself a cup of tea. He had had very little contact with the older man since they returned from London. "Masa, are you enjoying your stay here?"

"Yes, very much so. But when my nephew's father arrives for his visit, I will be going back to Japan with him. I really miss my homeland," the old man said.

"Shinji has been looking forward to meeting Kazuo's father, but he will be disappointed to see you go back home with him. Shin lost his entire family to the alien virus and he seems to enjoy being part of your family," Skinner said, opening the refrigerator he pulled out the large pan of leftover lasagna and a loaf of garlic bread. Half the pan of lasagna remained and Walter's thoughts immediately turned to their missing family members. When Izumi started speaking, he forced his attention back to him.

"Kazuo told me about Shinji's mother and sisters. It must have been really hard on him to lose his family, then have his body go through such a drastic change," Izumi replied, taking a seat at the kitchen counter.

"I can't imagine what it would have been like for him. It was really hard on Fox; he was always so independent," Skinner said quietly. He had never told Alex about the time he had found Fox's body in his old apartment on Hegal, after Fox had blown a hole through his head.

"For all their beauty and immortality I wouldn't want to be in their shoes. Life would be too hard to deal with, and I personally couldn't handle it," Izumi said reflectively.

"No, neither could I. I'm not mentally strong enough to go through what they do on a day-to-day basis," Skinner said sadly. He was quickly losing his appetite as he stood in front of the microwave watching his plate of food spin around. He was thinking that he'd just dump it down the sink when he felt a pair of arms wrap around his waist and Fox's chin came to rest on his shoulder.

"Walter, I'll make you sit in front of that plate until it is licked clean. I didn't spend an hour cooking just so you can dump it down the garbage disposal," Mulder scolded teasingly.

It always amazed Skinner how Fox would know what he was thinking without the ability to read minds. "Yes, sir," Skinner mumbled. "If you would keep me company while I eat, I promise to finish every last bite."

"I'd love to," Mulder replied.

Izumi smiled at the two men. It was good to see Mulder happy, when most of the time he seemed so downhearted. "I'm going to take my tea up to my room and catch up on some reading. I'll see everyone in the morning," he said heading toward the back staircase with a small serving tray.

"Goodnight, Masa," Skinner and Mulder said simultaneously.

Krycek strolled into the kitchen and silently watched the two of them interact. Fox seemed more comfortable around Walter than him. Okay, so he'd been playing the heavy, but he was doing it for Fox's own good. He just wished Walter wouldn't sabotage all of his hard work.

Skinner glanced over at him and smiled softly. "Where are the babies?"

"Baby jail," Krycek replied, walking over to take a seat at the breakfast table.

Skinner frowned, and reached out with his mind, he saw the babies in the playpen. "I suppose that's why they call it a play *pen,*" he chuckled.

Mulder groaned and rolled his eyes, "Don't quit your day job, Walter, a comedian you're not."

Skinner grinned at Fox. His appetite had returned and he dug hungrily into the lasagna. "Mmm, I love your lasagna, Fox, but wasn't it Justin's turn to cook?"

"Justin and Joe have been busy with Pyetr. Alex and I even had to take them a tray up to their room or else they wouldn't have bothered with eating," Mulder replied.

"They're still ... " Skinner interlaced his fingers together, making an in and out motion with them. "After five days?"

"Yeah, you'd think they never had sex before the way their going at it," Krycek smirked.

Mulder looked tentatively at Walter, he was almost afraid to ask. "Walter, are you going to work very long tomorrow?"

"No, Fox. I told the Director that I won't be working Saturdays any longer. I plan to spend the whole day with you," Skinner said, squeezing Mulder's hand reassuringly. The look of relief on Fox's face made Skinner's heart melt, he knew then that he had made the right decision.

Krycek spoke up, "Good, I need to run into town and pick up a few things tomorrow. You can take care of him while I'm gone."

"Fox is not a child, Alex, he can take care of himself. Did you call Doctor Harris today to schedule your appointment?" Skinner asked gruffly.

"Walter, there is really no need. I'm fine. It's just stress and nerves," Krycek said.

"I think you should see him anyway."

"If it keeps up I will," Krycek replied.

Mulder looked at Alex with deep concern. "What are you two talking about? Is there something wrong with you, Alex?"

"Fox, it's nothing for you to worry about ... I'm just having a little problem with my powers," Krycek said.

"How little?" Mulder asked.

"It is nothing, really. I haven't been able to teleport anything from one room to the next. I'm still able to change matter," he said. To prove his point he changed Walter's glass of milk into a stein of beer.

"Alex, I think you should listen to Walter and see a doctor. This isn't normal, there could be something seriously wrong with you," Mulder said worriedly. He had sensed a change in Alex besides him tasting and smelling differently, there was also his strange behavior.

"Fox, don't worry your pretty little head about me, I'm fine. If I weren't I'd be the first to admit it," Krycek replied callously.

"Yes, of course, Alex. What was I thinking to even question your judgement, you are the man after all," Mulder scoffed sarcastically.

"Well at least we are in agreement then, Fox," Krycek said, ignoring the sarcasm in his lover's voice.

Skinner snarled angrily, "Alex, I don't agree! I think you should see Harris, and while you're at it stop by and have a talk with Doctor Vettelman."

Krycek gave him a puzzled look; he really didn't understand why Walter was getting so bent out of shape. "Walter, while I respect your judgement, the decision rests with me, not you."

"Alex, as your older brother, not to mention your lover, your health is very much mine and Fox's concern. Now I want you to apologize to Fox for being such a bastard!" Skinner growled, slamming down his fork.

Krycek's eyes widened in disbelief, it had been over a year since Walter had spoken to him in such a manner and he didn't like it. "Walter, I don't want to discuss this any longer," he snapped, standing abruptly he fled the kitchen.

He rushed passed the babies, going down the hallway to their bedroom. His heart was beating a mile a minute; he couldn't explain why he was being so emotional. Walter's comment shouldn't have brought out this kind of reaction in him. He swiped at the tears leaking out of his eyes, what the hell was happening to him?


Mulder rose to go after Alex, he didn't like the desolate look on his lover's face, no matter what their current differences were he was still deeply in love with Alex and he wanted to make sure he was all right. However, Skinner grabbed his wrist, forcing him to sit back in the chair.

"Give him some time, Fox."

"Walter, he's hurting."

"He needs to be alone right now. I'll go talk to him in a bit," Skinner replied and returned to eating his dinner.

Mulder wanted to say he'd talk to him, but he realized that Alex would never listen to him. His lover had no respect for him as an equal any longer.


Cairo
Friday, March 24
10:00 p.m.

King Gullbrand could not take his eyes off Hans who looked radiant dressed in all white silk with his hair braided with bits of silk woven through it. Hans was sitting on several satin cushions sipping on a glass of juice. The coalition had all agreed to keep the beauty in their presence; they did not trust each other around him.

Gullbrand rose from the council table and walked over to him, kneeling at his feet. "Hans, is there anything else you need? We never asked, but are you suppose to take any special vitamins for the baby you're carrying?" The King found it so easy to forget that the young man was pregnant. Hans wasn't showing outwardly, yet.

"No, thank you for asking. Doctor Pendrell said that my body was producing enough nutrients for the baby -- more so than a pregnant woman would produce." Hans placed his hand over his flat stomach, looking down frowning.

"Are you able to feel her inside you?" Gullbrand asked, reaching out he laid his hand over Hans'.

"I can sense her, but she's still too small to feel. She is going to be a clairvoyant like her father," Schatz said sadly, missing Melvin.

"Tell me about this man whose baby you are carrying?"

Hans could hear the bitterness in the King's voice and was afraid the man would go after Melvin out of jealousy. "Melvin was safe. I needed someone who I could have sex with that wasn't a sorcerer. I didn't want to chance going through the sexual withdrawal pains again that taking a sorcerer for a lover would expose me to."

"You don't sound like you're in love with this man? I heard reports that you were?"

Schatz laughed, "In love with Melvin? Have you ever seen a picture of him?"

"Yes, you're right I should have known that someone like you could never love a pitiful dotard like that," Gullbrand laughed. "Oh, my sweet Hans, as soon as I win you I will shower you with jewels and make love to you night and day."

"You're making broad assumptions, Gullbrand," Pharaoh Menes II said, stepping up to the two men. "It is time for our priceless slave to be bathed and bedded for the night," he said, motioning for his personal eunuchs to assist the immortal.

"You mean put to bed, don't you, Menes?" King Gullbrand snarled.

"That is what I said!" Menes snapped.

Gullbrand turned to the nervous eunuchs that surround his future mate. "If anything happens to him, I will rip your hearts out and feed them to you!"

"They're eunuchs, Gullbrand, no one is going to touch the immortal until tomorrow evening after the contest that is."

"Anyone that does before then I will kill! Is that understood, Menes?"

The Pharaoh shot daggers at the larger man, he had been planning on taking some pleasure from the sexy immortal's body tonight while the others slept. However, he couldn't do it with the blond bastard being so watchful over the immortal. He would just have to make sure he won tomorrow.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Friday, March 24
10:30 p.m.

"Alex, I think we should talk now," Skinner said, stepping onto the patio outside their bedroom. The air was crisp and in the moonless darkness, he could barely see the young man's face

just the outline of his shape in the light coming from the bedroom windows was visible.

Krycek didn't turn around to look at him, but remained standing stiffly against the rail looking out into the darkness. "Walter, I wish you wouldn't talk to me like that in front of Fox. You're ruining my authority with him."

Skinner was stunned by those words. What was going on with Alex? He realized he had to approach the subject carefully, he crossed over to him and said softly, "Alex, you don't have any authority over Fox, neither of us do. We are all equals in this relationship that's what being married to someone is all about."

"No, you're wrong, Walter. My father always protected our mother she was so delicate. She needed someone like my father to look after her. There was never a question that he was the authority of our household," Krycek said with a sad look in his eyes.

"Alex, you told me how much our mother hated your father. Is that the kind of relationship you want with Fox?"

"Sometimes what I want isn't important. It is more important that Fox is protected, so he will always be here for our daughters. Their happiness is more important to me than whether or not Fox loves me," Krycek's voice caught slightly.

Skinner knew that wasn't true, Alex wanted Fox's love badly. "You can have both, Alex. Open your eyes for God's sake! Making Fox miserable isn't going to make our children happy! Were you happy growing up with the way your father treated our mother?" Skinner asked.

"This is different. My father never liked me, I love our daughters," Krycek sighed. "Fox will be fine once he accepts that everything is being done for his protection."

"Alex, please just ease up on him a little. Neither one of you is happy with the way things are, and I'm sure Fox will be more careful in the future."

Krycek thought for a few minutes, he really wasn't happy. He weighed that against the look on Faith's face when he couldn't pick her up when he was suffering from SBS. If Fox had been there for her she wouldn't have been so upset. However, Walter did have a point, growing up in a household without love was almost as bad. "Okay, Walter, I'll try as long as he doesn't do anything to put his life at risk. I'm not a total jerk after all."

Skinner hugged him. "No you're not, Alex, just a pain in the butt sometimes."

"*Sometimes* is right, you hardly ever let me top you. Maybe you should go and see Doctor Vettelman to work out your need for being in control, too," Krycek quipped as the two men stepped back inside the bedroom.

Mulder was standing nervously next to the nursery doorway. Krycek smiled warmly at him and walked over, hugging him, he whispered into his ear, "I'm sorry that I've been such an asshole to you, my love. I promise to ease up."

Mulder relaxed in his embrace, it felt like the old Alex was back with him, and not the prick that had been using his body for the past week. "You'll go see Doctor Harris then?"

"For you, Fox, anything that will make you happy," Krycek purred, gently massaging his lover's ass.

Mulder's smile faded slightly at his lover's exploring touch, he looked over and met Walter's reassuring eyes. "Let's go to bed, Alex," he said softly.

"Fox, wait," Krycek said nervously, taking his hand. "I know you haven't been enjoying having sex with me lately, so if you would like me to leave, to give you and Walter some privacy, I will."

Mulder looked deeply into his sad green eyes and felt his heart melt. "Alex, I ... you were treating me just like Slava did and it was too hard for me to deal with ... please don't leave. I want to work it out ... I love you," he murmured softly.

"Fox, why didn't you say something? Slava is the last person I'd ever want to be compared to." Krycek wrapped his arms around Mulder, hugging him tightly. "Please, forgive me?"

"There is nothing to forgive, Alex. It was my fault for going to Slava in the first place, you had every right to treat me the way you did," Mulder whispered into the side of Alex's neck. "Come to bed with us."

"I promise to make it up to you, Fox," Krycek replied, allowing Mulder to lead him over to the bed. //Maybe we still have a chance after all,// he mused.


Cairo
Saturday, March 25 10:30 p.m.

Frohike held the torch in front of him, carefully stepping around the bodies of the dead ghouls. The smell of decomposing flesh was almost unbearable, he knew it would only get worse the longer the bodies lay rotting. "Yuck! Tell me again whose idea it was to sneak into the palace through the catacombs?" he complained.

"I think it was your idea, Melvin," Hunter chuckled contentedly. He was feeling an inner peace spread throughout his body and soul. Hunter had been conserving his strength all day for the upcoming fight, he was even looking forward to it. Finally, they were taking some real action and with any luck they should have Hans and be on their way back to the U.S. within the next few hours. "How is the competition going above, Melvin?"

"King Raschan is out of commission, he has a broken arm and his powers have been completely drained. Sultan Casmiri and Beiran Havock powers are completely drained. It will take them at least several days to regain full use of their powers. Pharaoh Menes and King Gullbrand are getting ready to fight; their powers have been drained by half from fighting Havock and Raschan. It looks like they will be using conventional weapons. Kong Woo Long is going to be your real obstacle though, he hasn't been participating in the contest," Frohike replied.

"Where is Hans?" he asked, swinging his torch at some rats that were feeding on one of the ghouls that were blocking their way.

"He's sitting on some cushions in the arena next to Kong's immortal."

They came upon the door that led into the dungeons of the palace. Time had caused the door to warp shut, and it took Hunter using his powers to open it. Frohike used his clairvoyant abilities to conceal the power that Hunter used; it wouldn't do them any good to come this far only to be discovered by opening a door.

They cautiously made their way through a narrow tunnel and up some steps. The sounds of men crying and moaning reached their ears. The smell hit them almost immediately, it was even worse than the catacombs.

"Slaves," Frohike whispered.

"No, Americans," Hunter corrected. "We can free them on our way out, but I don't know how they will get back to the states, there isn't enough room aboard the plane for more than ten," he said softly. "Unless we can steal a larger one, but I don't know how to fly, do you?"

"Nope. I hope General Perez's pilot is still waiting for us."

"He said he'd wait until sunrise, we should have Hans to the plane long before then," Hunter replied.

They made their way past a locked cell door, and Frohike glanced through the small door window into the cell. "Gabriel, stop!" he hissed.

Hunter crept back. "Melvin, keep your voice down. What is it?"

"Gabriel, Frohike, is that really you?" Doctor Kyle Pendrell asked hoarsely, his face peering out the small bar covered window on the cell door. He looked weak and malnourished. The other men in the cell tried to push their way forward so they could see out.

"Kyle, are you all right?" Hunter asked shocked to see the young doctor.

"I will be once you let me out of here," Pendrell said, relieved. The other men behind him all started begging Hunter to help them.

"Ssh, quiet. You'll alert the guards," Hunter warned. "Kyle, we can't let you out just yet, we need to rescue Hans first. We'll be back for you and the others as soon as possible."

"No, please, don't leave us locked up down here. What if you don't succeed? Free us first," Pendrell begged.

Hunter sighed; he couldn't bring himself to desert these men. Hell, they needed a diversion anyway. "Okay, but you have to help me take out the guards. I can't risk using my powers yet." He turned to Frohike, who had been keeping him up-to-date on the location of the guards. "Melvin, are most of the guards still in the break room?"

"Nope, two are making their rounds they should be heading down this hallway in about five minutes."

Hunter calculated his options; it would take at least seven minutes to open the cell door without using his powers. "Okay, I'll go get the keys from them. Wait here, Melvin," he said, heading off down the corridor.

At the end, he could hear the guards footsteps and voices as they rattled the cell doors to make sure they were securely locked. He pulled his gun from its holster and checked that the silencer was attached. It was another of Frohike's suggestions; silencers weren't standard FBI issued.

By the noise he judged what position the guards were in the hallway, he could have pinpointed them in the dark. He was so used to being blind, and relying on his hearing. Hunter cocked the gun and jumped out from behind the wall, the two guards were dead before it even registered that they had been shot.

Hunter walked over to the bodies and bent to retrieve the keys. The noise of the guards bodies hitting the stone floor alerted the men in the nearest cell.

"Hey, who are you? Let us out," one man shouted, pounding on the door.

"Keep your voice down," Hunter hissed. This was turning quickly into a fiasco. "I'll be back in a minute, stay put." He rushed back down the corridor, tossing Frohike the keys. "I'm going to take out the guards in the break room, and

open the cell doors," he said and was off dashing down the corridor. He needed to think of a way to get this many men to safety. //This was definitely going to hell in a hand basket.//

Hunter stopped against the wall just outside the break room, Melvin had said there were five guards on duty this evening. The ones that weren't on duty down here or on duty elsewhere in the palace were sleeping in their quarters one level up from the dungeon. He would first take out these three, which should buy them time to arm the released men who could take out the two hundred sleeping guards above, while he and Melvin rescued Hans. Hunter focused until he could hear each of the guards' heartbeats; his senses had become even more acute since his mutation. He had to take them out quickly; he couldn't chance them sending out a telepathic message. Hunter jumped into the doorway firing three shots each hitting their mark in under three seconds as quickly as he had dispatched the other two guards early.

Hunter found Frohike, in a large open room of the dungeon. The little man was surround by at least three hundred men and n'thrals and was trying in vain to get them to be quiet.

"Quiet!" Hunter snarled, and all eyes turned to him. "Do you want to get us killed?" He waited for a reply, but was happy when the released prisoners remained quiet. "Good, now this is what we are going to do." He went on to explain his plans for disabling the palace security and their escape.

Hunter discovered that three of the prisoners were pilots, and one was even a commercial airline

pilot and had flown the size aircraft they would need to transport this many men. They would escape out the main entrance and seize a jumbo jet at the nearby airport, while Hunter and Frohike rescued Hans. Several men in the group had advanced military training and Hunter placed them in charge of the operation.

"There is an armory next to the guard's break room. I expect the guards sleeping on the next level up to be taken out quietly. Use silencers or knives. Melvin, are you ready?" Hunter asked, turning to the small man.

"Yeah, I am. We shouldn't have a problem rescuing Hans now, Gullbrand is currently winning the match against Menes, but they are both almost drained of power," Frohike informed Hunter as they made their way up the stone staircase.

"Don't get over confidant, a lot can go wrong between here and there." Hunter was worried; he still hadn't seen or felt Duffy's presence. He hated to leave this place without the giant, but they had no other choice.

There were half a dozen guards milling around outside the open arena doorway watching the fight. Hunter checked his watch. The men had ten minutes to kill the guards sleeping below. Once that was accomplished he would go into the arena and retrieve Hans.

After nearly ten minutes had passed, he received a nod from Frohike and they calmly walked down the hallway toward the arena. The guards turned and gave them a curious look as the small, harmless looking man in thick glasses led a blind man who was holding onto his arm toward them. Suddenly the door flew opened behind the two men and out streamed hundreds of prisoners into the hallway. Hunter dropped Frohike's arm and drew his gun, shooting the surprised guards before it could register that the danger was not from the three hundred men rushing toward the exit, but from the blind man.

Hunter took them out in quick succession then calmly stepped over their bodies and entered the arena. All those present turned to face the handsome blond-haired man with steely blue, sightless eyes.

King Gullbrand who was drenched in sweat from fighting Menes barked, "How dare you interrupt our match! Who are you, and what do you want?" he asked, staring into the sightless eyes, he felt a prickling sensation of fear race up his spine.

Hunter sneered maliciously, then turned to Hans who was staring at him in disbelief. "Hans, we've come to take you home," he said, smiling softly.

"Gabriel! Melvin!" Schatz shouted excitedly, leaping to his feet he attempted to run to them, but found himself unable to move.

"Sit down, boy," Kong ordered, standing.

Schatz face fell as the sorcerer used mind control to get him to comply, and he slowly sank back down next to the other immortal who took his hand to comfort him.

Hunter snarled at the sorcerer and dropped the shields he always held firmly around his powers so the man could see just what type of sorcerer he was up against. "I suggest you back off, he's coming with me!"

Kong's eyes widened, he had never seen one man with so much power. Even Frohike backed away surprised by the blue glow he saw around Hunter's body. He was even more powerful than Skinner, the little man thought. Hunter had always disguised the true extent of his sorcerer abilities, the only one who knew just how powerful he was, was Skinner.

Kong looked over to his fellow coalition partners for help and found none. He saw no wisdom in fighting the more powerful sorcerer over a slave that didn't even belong to him. "I choose not to fight you, take him and leave," the Emperor said.

"NO! He's mine! Kong, do something! You can't just let him take Hans!" Gullbrand bellowed. He was far too weak to lift a finger to prevent the American sorcerer from taking his beautiful immortal from him.

"Blonde, I will not risk my life for your personal property. If you want to keep him then fight for him yourself," Kong said as he released his hold on Hans who immediately jumped to his feet and ran into Frohike's waiting arms.

"You!" the Nordic King growled, staring at Frohike. "Hans, you said you had no love for this man. Come with me and you will never want for anything, I will place the world at your feet."

"I lied, I love Melvin," Schatz said, hanging onto his lover for dear life as he stared lovingly at Hunter's glowing blue body.

King Gullbrand stood tall and proud as he faced Hunter. "He is not your lover, why do you help this man steal him from me? Join me and I will make you the General of my armies. You shall have money, power, and your choice of many lovely slaves to warm your bed."

Hunter glared at him. "The only reason I do not kill you where you stand, is that you have not touched Hans. Come, Melvin, we need to leave now," Hunter said, pushing out with his mind and causing everyone in the arena to crumple to the floor and into a deep sleep.

The three men dashed out of the palace and headed in the direction of the airport. They stumbled across a few bodies of soldiers that the released prisoners had taken out. The escapees were lucky that the darkness had covered their flight, and that they had not run into any sorcerers. Doctor Pendrell was waiting at the airport gate along with three other men.

"Gabriel, you've rescued him. Thank God," Pendrell said. "We've captured a plane. There isn't any civilian traffic at this airport, they seem to mainly use it for military transport now."

"Kyle, what are you doing here?" Schatz asked, smiling at the handsome red-haired doctor as they headed for a large commercial jetliner then he looked around excitedly. "Where's Duffy?"

"I ... don't know, Hans," Pendrell said, looking at Hunter to fill them both in about Duffy.

Hunter who had just silently taken out a couple sorcerers, who were coming to defend the airport, turned to the two men. "Sorry, Hans, we couldn't locate him," he answered.

Schatz stopped climbing the steps up to the airplane as tears sprung to his eyes. "We have to find him, Gabriel," he cried. "He needs us."

"I will search for him after we get you and the other prisoners safely back home. I give you my word, Hans," Hunter said, lightly brushing the tears away from the young man's cheeks with his thumb. He longed to kiss those sweet, rosy lips, but he glanced down and saw that Hans was tightly holding Frohike's hand as the smaller man led him the rest of the way up the steps.

The n'thrals had all claimed the seats in first class, and they leered lustfully at the beautiful immortal, only Hunter's glowing, menacing form kept them in their seats.

Pendrell walked behind Hunter as the other men went to tell the pilot to take off. "Gabriel, most of the other prisoners have already been transferred to the different countries that had claimed them for slaves. Jonathan Carter was sent to Norway along with at least four hundred other men. I'm sure that Duffy has been sent to whatever country had claimed him."

"China, it was Kong that claimed him," Schatz said excitedly, his nails digging into Frohike's hand.

"Ouch! Honey, you need to trim your nails," Frohike said, raising the hand to his lips and kissing it. "By the way, nice threads."

Hunter looked over at the white silk clinging to Hans' perfect body. "Yes, very nice. Hans, you are breathtaking."

The young immortal blushed and smiled softly at the sorcerer. It meant a lot to him what Gabriel thought.

Pendrell slipped into an empty seat in the center of the plane and Hunter took the aisle seat next to him. Frohike sat next to the window while Hans sat next to him across the aisle from Hunter. Hunter glanced around the plane and noticed that Hans' presence was arousing the men. He needed to do something at once.

"Hans, I'm afraid that I need to place a shield around your body, but I will have to touch you to do so," Hunter said, blushing slightly, he held out his hand across the aisle for Hans to take. Just the idea of touching the beautiful young man made his heart beat faster. His face fell as Hans only stared at his hand then turned quickly to look at Frohike.

*Melvin, I love you and will do whatever you think is best,* Hans said telepathically.

Frohike patted his hand, and telepathically answered him, *I understand, Hans. I know you're in love with Gabriel and I consider him one of my best friends. Hell, if Rory and Kazuo can get along I think the three of us will have no problems.*

Hunter looked sadly away from the two men when Hans threw himself on Frohike hugging and kissing him. He looked up when he felt a hand on his shoulder, and met Hans' sparkling blue eyes.

"Stand up, Gabriel," the young man ordered.

Hunter looked baffled but complied with the order, and Hans dragged him over to his empty seat next to Frohike.

"Sit down," Schatz said.

"Why? Hans, where are you going to sit? I don't think it's a good idea for you to be too far away from Melvin," Hunter protested.

"Sit," Schatz ordered, pushing gently on Hunter's chest until the larger man sat, he knelt and fastened the seatbelt around Hunter's waist.

"You better get used to it, Gabriel, he enjoys being bossy at times," Frohike muttered, looking out the window as the plane maneuvered down the runway.

Hunter was going to ask Frohike what he meant and why wasn't he concerned ... when Hans sat on his lap and wrapped his arms around his neck.

"You said we had to touch for this shield to work, didn't you, Gabriel?" Schatz purred. "By the way, I haven't thanked you yet for rescuing me." He held Hunter's head between his two hands and leaned down and captured the older man's mouth in a long deep kiss, conveying all the love and affection he had for him.

Hunter opened his mouth allowing Hans' tongue to explore as he tightened his arms around the lean silky body. He made sure that the shield was tightly in place, he didn't want to be interrupted by sex crazed passengers after waiting so long to feel those scrumptious lips on his. God, Hans smelled and tasted so good.

Hans pulled back smiling sweetly. "Now, Gabriel, I think you should concentrate on getting us home, we'll continue this there. I'm not too heavy for you, am I?" he asked, wiggling slightly.

"No, you feel perfect," Hunter croaked out. Even if Hans were he'd never admit it, no not ever, he wanted Hans to stay just where he was.

"Good, I wouldn't want your legs to fall asleep. It is going to be a long flight, later maybe it would be a good idea for Melvin to sit next to Doctor Pendrell."

"See what did I tell you, bossy isn't he?" Frohike muttered.

Hunter remembered Frohike's presence. "Melvin, are you all right with this?"

"Gabriel, you wouldn't be sitting there with my lover on your lap if I weren't," Frohike said.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Sunday, March 26
4:30 a.m.

Silent tears ran down Mulder's cheeks as he looked at the computer monitor, he had snuck upstairs to his office to check his email and had found one from Slava. He repeatedly flipped through the individual photographs of his daughters that had been attached to the email message. Slava had included their names along with each photograph.

Mulder had put it off too long. He needed to tell Walter and Alex about his other daughters before they found out accidentally. He hit the printer icon on his computer and started printing the document. Alex and Walter had been so gentle with him last night as they made love that he'd felt like his life was finally returning to normal. Now he was overcome by guilt over the pain he felt at the loss of his and Slava's daughters.


Chapter 12 - Embittered Hearts

Foxfire Glenn Estate
Sunday, March 26
5:30 a.m.

Skinner rolled on his side and reached for Fox, coming sluggishly awake when his hand couldn't locate him. He peered over at Alex who was sleeping on his stomach at the edge of their large bed. Movement behind him alerted him to Fox's location, turning he found him sitting in front of the fireplace staring unhappily into the flames.

"Babe, what's wrong?" Skinner murmured as he reached to retrieve his briefs from the floor and pulled them on before walking over to the loveseat and sitting next to Mulder.

Mulder's head was bowed and Skinner could tell that he had been crying. "Walter, I've been trying to think of a way to tell you and Alex, so you wouldn't end up hating me Â… but I can't," he said sadly, tightly holding the sheets of paper on his lap.

Skinner placed a hand on Mulder's flannel covered knee. "Tell us what, Fox?"

Krycek lifted his head and peered over at them, he had been awakened by their voices. "What's going on?"

Skinner looked at him. "I'm trying to find that out, but Fox hasn't told me what's bothering him yet." He turned back to Mulder. "Fox, nothing you could tell me would ever make me hate you."

"Don't bet on it, Walter," Mulder sighed, handing him the love letter and the laser prints of his and Slava's daughters' photographs.

As Skinner looked at the letter his face went from calm to outraged in a matter of seconds. "That goddamn bastard, I'll kill him! How did this happen, Fox?" he screamed.

Krycek hurried over and grabbed the sheets of paper away from Skinner. His mouth gaped open as he read the letter and looked at the baby pictures. "Dammit! How could you do this to us, Fox? How could you have children with this man? God, I fucking knew you couldn't be trusted on your own. You just can't help yourself. You are such a slut!"

"Alex, I didn't know," Mulder said, shrinking away from his enraged lovers, he seriously believed that they would hit him.

"Don't give me that, Fox. How could you not know? You had to have been sleeping with him before you even went to Russia. It's the only way to explain why the babies are already born," Krycek growled, he was too jealous to even think straight.

Mulder closed his eyes against the despair he was feeling and bowed his head. He was not able to keep the tears from flowing. "Slava was the one who raped me on my birthday. I wasn't sleeping with him, Alex. I would never cheat on you and Walter."

Skinner came to his senses and tried to pull Mulder into his arms to comfort him, but Mulder pushed him a way and stood as his despair melted into anger, he raged at his lovers, "He stole my sperm at that fucking Halloween party! You both were there why didn't you protect me from him? Oh, I forgot you both were stinking drunk! Weren't you?"

"Fox Â… " Krycek said, his anger being replaced by guilt as Mulder's words finally sunk in.

"Shut up, Alex! You both said you'd protect me! That I'm just a fucking helpless immortal and I needed you oh so powerful sorcerers to take care of me! A lot of fucking good you've done me! You didn't stop him from raping me or stealing a vital part of me," Mulder shouted, pounding on fist on his chest. "And I am not a fucking slut, Alex. Everything I've done was for you and Walter because I love you! I didn't enjoy sleeping with Slava, no matter how my body responded! Just like I responded to you and those fucking dildos even though I didn't enjoy it!"

Skinner stood and went over to him. When Mulder tried to push him away again, Skinner grabbed his wrists in a steely grip, twisting Mulder around until his long back firmly pressed against his powerful chest. "Fox, babe, I'm sorry. You have every right to be angry with us; we should have protected you, but there is nothing we can do about that now. However, I want some physical proof that these are your daughters. Proof that Slava isn't trying to play us for fools."

Mulder struggled trying to break free, finally giving up the useless attempt, he hissed, "Walter, whose else can they be? There aren't that many white immortals on this planet. None of the babies have red hair so you can rule out Justin as the father," he growled.

Krycek piped in, "What about Cory Greene? That man will spread his legs to anyone; he's already whored himself to ten other sorcerers to procreate daughters. Slava could have paid him to do the same for him."

"Cory is doing that for his country, not because he enjoys it. Just because he's an immortal that doesn't make him a nymphomaniac," Mulder growled.

Krycek sighed. "Fox, immortals are all nymphomaniacs. You can't help yourselves."

Skinner rolled his eyes. He couldn't understand why Alex was being such a tactless jerk. "That's enough, Alex, you're not helping," he scolded.

Mulder glared at Krycek and quickly countered, "Yeah, and sorcerers are all arrogant sons of bitches who think more with their dicks than with their tiny weenie brains!"

Skinner tightened his hold on Mulder, he was well aware that his cock had been responding to his lover's nearness and was pressing into the furrow of his lover's sweet ass. The leaking head was seeping through the fabric of both their clothing, giving a grain of truth to Fox's claim. "Enough, Fox. We're all past the six grade. I think we can deal with this on a more mature level."

Mulder squirmed at the dampness pressing into his ass. "Sure, fine, whatever. Walter, can you get your n'thral hands off me now?"

Skinner reluctantly released Mulder who immediately went over to Krycek and grabbed the papers out of his hand. "I will request that Slava send us a DNA sample from each of *my* daughters, if that will make you happy, Walter. We can have agent Andy Nelson do the DNA testing for us," he said, heading back up to his office.

Both men watched his round flannel covered ass lustfully as Mulder climbed the stairs. "He's right, we do tend to think with our dicks when he is around," Skinner grumbled, adjusting himself in his too tight briefs.

"Yeah, but he loves our dicks. There's no way Fox could go without a good ramming for more than a few days even if he didn't suffer from withdrawal," Krycek replied.

"Alex, stop being an asshole! I want an end to the way you've been treating Fox, if you don't stop it I'm throwing your sorry ass out of this bedroom," Skinner growled.

Krycek stared at him open mouthed. "What do you mean?"

"Don't give me that, Alex, you know perfectly well what I mean. Just stop treating him like he's your personal whore, okay," Skinner barked and headed into the bathroom leaving Krycek to ponder what he had just said.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Sunday, March 26
1:30 p.m.

Most of the family stood waiting outside. They watched with relief and with joy as the SUV carrying their missing friends drove up the long driveway. Hans jumped out before it had even come to a stop and ran into Mulder's waiting arms.

"Mulder, I've missed you so much, are you okay?" he cried out excitedly.

Mulder hugged him tightly and kissed the side of his face. "How I am isn't important. What matters is how are you, Hans?"

Hans saw the sadness and exhaustion in Mulder's eyes. He wanted to ask Mulder what was wrong, but he was too excited about finally being home. "Mulder, Hector is dead! I feel like a large weight has been lifted from my chest ... I don't have to be afraid of him any longer. I can move forward with my life now. God, Mulder, I'm home with my family again, I couldn't be happier than I am right now," he said, tears of joy flowing freely down his checks as first Skinner then each member of his extended family hugged him.

Scully hugged the young immortal last. "Hans, I'm so glad that you are all right," she said.

"Dana, it is good to see you again. I'm sorry about Jonathan, Kyle said that he was sent to Norway with some of the other American prisoners," he said sadly.

Scully's eyes lit up; this was the first real news she had about her husband's whereabouts. "Norway! Then King Gullbrand's is holding him prisoner! Did Kyle know where in Norway he was being held?"

Hunter walked over to Hans and said, "Kyle only said that Jonathan and about four hundred other Americans were sent to Norway." To everyone's surprise Hunter enclosed Hans within his arms and gently kissed the side of the younger man's mouth, before continuing, "All of the American prisoners were sent to different coalition countries, we were only able to rescue half of the Americans being held in Egypt. Duffy is being held by Kong in China," he informed them as Hans turned and nuzzled closer to Hunter's body.

Skinner looked over at Frohike to see his reaction, but the smaller man surprised him even further by going up to Hans and Gabriel and wrapping his arms around the two men.

Mulder smiled, he knew that Hans and Gabriel had been harboring secret feelings of desire for each other for months. He was gratified to see that all three men were happy with the new arrangement. He chuckled as a thought occurred to him, glancing up he saw Scully watching him as if he had lost his mind and with a hurt expression on her lovely face.

He realized how insensitive he was being. "Sorry, Scully, it just struck me as funny that all of us immortals are now in threesomes, and that cannot be a coincidence."

"It's okay, Mulder. It's good to see you happy for once, even when I'm not," she said.

Krycek was standing nearby and sympathized with Scully's dilemma and was determine to help her, plus he needed to get away from Fox before he hurt him any further. He knew that he was still being an ass to his lover, but he couldn't seem to help himself. "Dana, I'll go to Norway and get Jonathan for you," he said.

"Alex, no!" Mulder said instantly.

"Fox, yes! I'm quite capable of sneaking into a country and rescuing one man," Krycek said.

Skinner stepped between them. "I agree with Fox, Alex. I don't think it is a good idea for you to go, not with your powers acting up," he said.

"Most of my powers are fine," he replied, lying.

"There is no reason for you to go. We can offer to pay a ransom for Jonathan," Mulder said anxiously.

Krycek growled. "No! I refuse to reward that man for abducting one of our people. Besides how would it look if we paid for Jonathan while thousands of Americans are still in the coalitions hands?"

"I'll go with you, Alex," MacIver offered, receiving an angry look from both Mulder and Takeda.

"Me, too," Hunter said.

Frohike shook his head. "No, you can't go, Gabriel. There is no way you could get within a mile of Gullbrand now. He'd pick up your presence immediately, and he won't be powerless against you like last time. Rory and Alex stand a better chance of sneaking in undetected and rescuing Jonathan."

Hunter frowned realizing Frohike was right. "I need to get Duffy away from Kong and he knows me, too."

"We'll think of some other way to rescue Duffy," Frohike said.

Skinner removed his glasses and pinched the bridge of his nose. He didn't want Alex to go unless he could go with him, but he couldn't leave Fox and the babies. Damn. "Okay, Alex and Rory would stand the best chance of rescuing Jonathan. However, I want us to plan this out very carefully before we allow you two to leave. I want to know exactly where Jonathan is being held, and I want our clairvoyants to work together to foresee any problems that might arise," he said gruffly.

Spender was sitting on the mansion's front steps watching the two babies as they waddled through the crowd of legs. "We should see if Yori will help us, he's a better clairvoyant than I am," he said, holding out his arms to Hope who scampered onto his lap.

Marat Fyodorov who had been hanging back with his mouth agape at seeing his double embracing the extremely beautiful immortal and the handsome sorcerer stepped forward. "No need, Jeffery, among the three of us we will be able to foresee any trouble for our dear friends."

Frohike's eyebrows rose at seeing a man who looked exactly like him. "Who the fuck are you? And what are you doing with my face?" he growled.

"I am Marat Fyodorov, it was I who rescued Mulder from the Tsar," he said arrogantly.

"Yeah right," Frohike scoffed, immediately disliking his double then remembering Mulder who he hadn't seen for weeks. "Mulder, oh fuck, how are you doing?" he asked, hugging the taller man.

"I'm fine," Mulder replied, adding, "So, Frohike, I see you got to play Rambo and rescue Hans. I'm very impressed."

"Nothing could have kept me from getting him back," the little man said, puffing out his chest proudly.

"I'll bet." Mulder smiled. His smile faded when he looked down at Alex who now sat cross-legged on the cold ground playing happily with Faith without a care in the world. Mulder couldn't stand the thought of Alex leaving to go on a dangerous mission when he knew that something was seriously wrong with his lover. "Frohike, can I talk to you in private when you have some time?"

Frohike saw the desolation in Mulder's eyes as his friend looked at Krycek. "Sure, Mulder, I want to fix Hans and Gabriel something to eat first then we can talk."

Skinner didn't miss the exchange between his lover and Frohike, he was happy that finally someone would be here for Fox when he was away. The other men at the estate had all been too pre-occupied with their own lives to offer Fox any support. Well, at least Justin, Joe, and Pyetr took time to come downstairs and welcome Hans home.

With a subtle smile on his lips Fyodorov watched Krycek play with the baby. Although he had enjoyed the short time he had spent in this country, he missed his position of power under the Tsar and finally he saw a way of getting it back. Everything rested on the lovely raven-haired young man, playing with his pretty baby girl. He would see that Spender and Frohike didn't see the unique fate awaiting Alex in Norway.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Sunday, March 26
4:30 p.m.

Mulder read Slava's outraged email. The Tsar had the nerve to be insulted by Walter's request for a DNA sample to prove that the baby girls were in fact Mulder's daughters. Mulder was just typing out his heated reply when there was a knock on his door and Frohike strolled in.

"Hey, Mulder, what's got you blue?" the little man asked, plopping down on the leather sofa.

Mulder didn't look at him but continued pounding angrily at the keyboard, and said bitterly, "Do you want the short or the long version?"

"I think you better tell me the long version, it sounds like you need to get it off your chest."

Mulder paused long enough to toss Frohike the manila folder in which he had placed Slava's first letter and the laser prints of their daughter's photos.

Frohike opened the folder and flipped through the pages. "Oh my God! Mulder, you have nine daughters now! This is Un*fucking*believable! No wonder you're going off the deep end," he observed excitedly.

"My new daughters are only part of the reason I'm upset." Mulder clicked the send icon then rolled his chair over to the sofa where his friend sat. "Frohike, it's Alex Â… he hasn't been acting right since I've been back. I'm worried about him Â… I realize that I'm partially to blame for the way he's been treating me, but he's gone far beyond what I'd consider rational. He's seems like a different person at times, then there is the problem he's having with his powers. Damn, I don't know how to describe what I'm feeling, but I am deeply afraid that if he goes to Norway that I will never see him again. I don't want him to go, but I don't know how to prevent him Â… he won't listen to me any longer," Mulder rambled, his thoughts flying all over the place as he spoke.

"I'm sorry, Mulder. If it makes you feel better I don't see anything dangerous in regards to Alex's mission to Norway. I'll try like Walter wants with Jeff and that Russian braggart, but maybe you and Alex just need some time apart," he said.

"I don't want him to go. It would kill me if something were to happen to him. Can't you lie to Walter and tell him that you foresee Alex being killed if he went," Mulder pleaded.

"Mulder, I can't lie to Walter. I would happily lie for you to anyone else, but not to Walter." Frohike leaned back on the sofa staring up at the pencil covered ceiling, frowning. "How did you get pencils into plaster?" he finally asked.

Mulder glanced up and grinned, "I didn't, Walter put them up there as a joke, he wanted me to feel like I was in my former office in the basement of the Hoover Building. Frohike, I'm sorry, I had no right to ask you to lie for me."

Frohike gave him a piercing look, and sat up straight on the sofa. "S'kay, I don't mind lying for you, just not to Walter. Mulder, you can't continue to hold the pain you're feeling inside, it will only get worse. Talk to Walter and Alex about it, you can't bury what Slava did to you."

Mulder's face closed up and he glanced away from Frohike's piercing gaze. "I can't talk about it and I definitely won't to my lovers, they're the last ones I want to tell. Frohike, don't worry about me. I'm an expert at locking away pain. I've been doing it my entire life."

"Mulder, you didn't have a choice back then, you do now, at least talk to Walter or that head doctor the three of you were seeing," he said. "You're going to have a nervous breakdown if you don't."

"Frohike, please, I can't. I don't want to remember, let alone talk about it. Alex said that immortals were all nymphomaniacs and I'll just be proving him right if I told him what happened between me and Slava. Fuck, I'd much rather have a nervous breakdown at least then I wouldn't have to see the disgust in their eyes."

"Alex called you a nymphomaniac to your face?" Frohike asked angrily? "After everything you've gone through how could he be such a nincompoop?"

"Nincompoop, Fro," Mulder chuckled at the word. "I told you Alex was acting strangely, that is why I don't want him to go to Norway."

Before Frohike could reply there was a noise on the steps leading from Mulder's office down to the bedroom. Hope's little head came peeking around the corner as she climbed the last step and crawled into the room and quickly crawled over to where Mulder sat just as loud footsteps came crashing up the stairs.

Mulder scooped her up on his lap just as Skinner rushed into the office.

"Sorry, Fox, she escaped when my back was turned," Skinner said, walking over to kneel beside them.

"That's okay, she can be pretty quick," Mulder replied, knowing that Walter was fibbing, no way could Hope have gotten out from under Walter's overprotective eyes long enough to climb the steps up to his office, let alone open the secret panel.

Skinner squeezed Mulder's knee affectionately as he smiled up at him and their child. "So, you forgive for my behavior this morning?" he asked shyly.

"No, I'm still pissed at both you and Alex," Mulder grumbled, rubbing his daughter's back as she rested her tiny head on his chest and sucked her thumb.

"What do I have to do to make it up to you?" Skinner asked.

Mulder licked his lips and contemplated his answer, he glanced over at Frohike who had his feet up on the coffee table and was listening with amusement. He opened his thoughts to the smaller man, and asked, "What do you think, Frohike?"

"I don't think they're going to like it very much, but it seems like a reasonable price to me," Frohike said.

"Okay, Walter, my price is an office at the new FBI interim offices in Alexandria. I need some time away from the estate, I'm feeling trapped lately," Mulder replied.

"Okay, Fox, if that's what it will take to make you happy, I'll make the arrangements with the Director first thing in the morning. It will take at least a week to get the office set up and security in place," Skinner replied, leaning in for a kiss that soon turned long and passionate. Skinner's one hand rested over Fox's on Hope's back, while his other laced through his lover's thick silken locks as he held Fox's head steady and plundered his mouth.

Mulder melted into the kiss, he had thought that Walter would put up some sort of a protest. He was thrilled that his lover so readily accepted his wishes.

Frohike stood and headed for the door. "See, ya guys, later. I'm heading out to Baltimore to see Byers and Langly, and to fill them in on Gabriel's and my hair raising rescue of Hans."

After Frohike had left Skinner broke the kiss. "I think it's Hope's nap time," he said huskily. Leaning close to Mulder's ear he whispered, "I want to stuff that cute butt of yours so badly it hurts."

Mulder squirmed on the chair as Walter's breathy words sent shivers of arousal through him and he looked down at Hope who was slapping his chest and babbling happily. "She doesn't look very tired," he observed.

"Fox, I guarantee that she'll fall asleep the moment her curly little head hits the pillow. Isn't that right, angel? You'll take a nap for Daddy won't you," Skinner cooed, lifting her off Fox's lap and hugging her as he stood. He held out his hand for Fox to take and helped him to his feet as the two men headed downstairs to their bedroom.


Thirty minutes later

"C'mon, angel, lay down and close your eyes for Daddy," Skinner grumbled impatiently.

Hope giggled at him as she bounced up and down in her crib still full of energy. "DA DA," she squealed upon seeing her other father in the doorway.

Mulder had taken the time to shed his clothes and freshen up, he was dressed in a silk robe, and his bare feet sank into the plush carpeting as he stood tapping his foot restlessly. "Walter, do you need any help?" he asked lightly, seeing the exasperated look on his lover's face.

"You took a shower without me? Couldn't you have waited just a few more minutes? She'll be asleep soon," Skinner whined.

Mulder took pity on him. "Go take a shower by the time you're done our munchkin will be sound asleep," he promised, biting his tongue to prevent himself from adding, //and you want more children?//

Skinner kissed Mulder on the cheek on his way out of the nursery. Mulder smiled at Hope and scooped her up in his arms. "Giving Daddy Walter a hard time are we, mouse?" He pulled a pacifier out of the pocket of his robe and plopped it into her mouth. Knowing Hope would not sleep without one, he was surprised Walter had forgotten that little detail. He laid her back down in the crib as he softly sang to her and covered her with a blanket. She stared up at him for a few moments and blinked her eyes then rolled on her side and was soon asleep.

Mulder arranged the blanket comfortably around her small body then headed into the bathroom and let his robe fall to the floor. He surprised Walter who was in the process of hastily scrubbing a day's worth of sweat and grime from his muscular body.

Skinner gazed lovingly upon the beautiful symmetry of Fox's body, he couldn't get over how perfect Fox was, and would always be. "She's asleep?" Skinner asked finally, his eyebrows lifting in amazement as Fox nodded his head yes.

Mulder took the washcloth from Skinner's hand and silently continued the task of cleaning him, then said thoughtfully. "It's you, you know." He kissed the clean flesh along of his lover's firm jaw line, his lips grazing over the stubble-covered skin. "She doesn't see enough of you, Walter, and won't sleep while you're with her. You should spend more time at home, then she'll become as bored with you as she is with the rest of us," he quipped.

Skinner knew bullshit when he heard it and swatted Fox affectionately on the ass. "Brat," he growled, claiming those full rosy lips for his own. His groin rubbed leisurely against Mulder's as he reached behind his lover to pull him tighter against his body. His large hands grasped each of his lover's firm buttocks, squeezed, and kneaded the supple flesh. Skinner's fingers delved between the crease, seeking and quickly finding the prize.

Mulder arched his back and moaned his pleasure into his lover's mouth as first the right then left index finger pushed into him. Water ran down his long back and between his cheeks easing the penetration. Walter squeezed and spread Fox's cheeks further apart as he positioned two more fingers, getting a small gasp of discomfort from Fox as he pushed in a third and quickly followed it with a forth finger. He worked his fingers in and out, preparing Fox so he could accommodate his girth.

Mulder's arms wrapped around Skinner's body for support and he rested his head on the larger man's shoulder, closing his eyes to further the sensory pleasure that was racing throughout his body as Walter's skilled fingers touched him to his very soul. There was no way that Mulder could ever live without this, his body craved being touched, possessed, and loved.

Skinner's breath was coming in short panting bursts of air as he looked down Fox's back to his taut buttocks and at his fingers imbedded inside that tight little hole that clenched so hotly around them. He wanted his cock to be where his fingers were, he could never get enough of Fox, every time still felt like their first time, over a year ago.

"Bedroom," he gasped out, pulling his fingers free.

"I don't think my legs will carry me that far, Walter," Mulder moaned and held on tighter to the bigger man.

In an act of desperation Skinner stooped down until his shoulder was square with his lover's belly then wrapped his arms around Fox's thighs and hefted him over his shoulder.

"Shit! Walter! What the hell?" Mulder cried out as he was lifted, being taken totally by surprise as his hands grasped the slick flesh of Walter's hips for support, he stared upside down at his lover's round ass.

Skinner turned the water off and walked toward the bathroom doorway, his arms firmly holding Fox around his thighs. He turned his head and kissed the side of Fox's hip where it rested over his broad shoulder. "Babe, you said you couldn't walk, and I wasn't about to fuck you in the shower. Fox, I want to make love to you on our bed," he purred as he stopped beside their bed and used his powers to lower the covers, before lowering his lover's body onto the soft mattress, and quickly lowered his larger frame on top of Fox.

"God, you can be such a n'thral at times, Walter. We're getting the sheets wet," Mulder chuckled, relaxing, while his hands caressed the large muscles of his lover's back and arms.

Skinner grinned down at him, contentedly. "I love you so much, Fox, that sometimes you just bring out the beast in me."

"I like this side of you, Walter, no one but your family ever gets to see it. You'd shock the FBI, if they saw you behaving in such a wild manner," Mulder said, slowly tracing the Walter's lip with his finger. Skinner took it into his mouth and started sucking on it.

Skinner pulled back, "Fox, may I have sex with you here?" he asked touching Mulder's tummy.

Mulder frowned, closing his eyes as the reality of what his lover wanted crashed down upon him. "Walter, I need to tell you something, please promise me you won't be mad that I haven't told you sooner? Because in all of the excitement over these last two weeks I really did forget or at least tried not to think about it."

Skinner's heart went out to his lover as he saw the fear and grief on his beautiful face. He promised himself that whatever Fox had to say he wouldn't respond to it as he had this morning. "Fox, I'm here for you, please, don't be afraid to confide in me."

Mulder hesitated ever so slightly. "When Sl Â…Slava had sex with me through my, ah, new orifice," he said, thinking that they really should come up with a name for it. "He saw a being that I had up until that point thought I was imagining. I was standing in this other world it was so beautiful there the flowers and fragrances were overwhelming. The being called himself King Xowolfe he had wings like an angel and was extremely beautiful. Slava confronted him and pulled me away from the creature. Walter, I really thought it was all a weird dream. Now I know that it wasn't. I believe the being was the one who was responsible for releasing the virus and killing most of the women on our planet. It wanted me for a mate," Mulder said shivering.

"Fox, did you seen this creature before Slava had Â…?"

"Yes, when you and I first had sex through my navel. I end up in this land whenever I'm penetrated sexually by an ah Â… penis Â… it doesn't work with fingers or dildos. God, this is so embarrassing, it would be a lot easier talking about getting my ass stuffed," Mulder said blushing.

Skinner slid off Mulder and molded his body against Mulder's side then very gently placed his large hand over his lover's navel, he cupped the slight curve of Fox's belly. "You have nothing to be embarrassed about, Fox. You and the other immortals are the saviors of our planet Â… our children will rebuild this world and make it stronger."

Mulder closed his eyes against the building arousal that having Walter's hand over his sensitive organ was causing. "The aliens designed immortals to be breeders for their race, Walter. To have their offspring. They will not give up until they have us back."

"Fox, they have no way to get onto this planet. We're getting stronger with each passing day, there is no way they'd ever be able to get you or any of the other immortals away from us," Skinner soothed, kissing along the side of Fox's throat.

Mulder shuddered as the stubble of Walter's jaw tickled his flesh. He was finding it hard to think. "Walter, the coalition came so close to destroying not only our country but the defensive grid that is surrounding this planet. If that fails there is nothing to stop the aliens from claiming us."

"Our allies were maintaining the grid, Fox, we were never in any danger," Skinner said, moving lower, his tongue lapping at the nub of Fox's right nipple, when it was a rigid pebble he wrapped his lips around it and sucked.

"Oh, God," Mulder moaned as Walter's mouth clamped down on him like a calf suckling its mother's teat. He writhed under the larger man as all the nerve endings in his body were focused on that one sensitive spot.

After ten long minutes Skinner pulled away and smiled at the pink swell of his lover's right nipple then went down on its twin with equal passion. While his hand caressed and rubbed Fox's belly. He slowly circled a finger around the indentation of his lover's navel before probing into the moist, tight interior. He murmured seductively against Mulder's chest, "Fox, we can't allow those creatures to control our life Â… I promise on my word of honor to protect you."

Mulder was beyond caring, he was so ready to come that he couldn't give a damn about the aliens or Slava. He just needed release. "Walter, take me, please," he begged.

Skinner had two motives in mind for wanting to fuck Fox through his new orifice. One, he wanted that incredible sensation of penetrating his lover through his most private area. It was an almost primeval need for domination, he wondered if the aliens placed the orifice in the immortal's belly region on propose, knowing that in the animal kingdom the weaker of a species would often offer their tender belly as a form of submission to the stronger. The second motive was that he hoped to meet this being who was terrorizing his lover. With one final lick at his lover's swollen left nipple, he straddle his long lanky body and positioned the leaking cockhead against the small opening. The disadvantages to this position were that he couldn't kiss his lover or stroke Fox's cock, which was pressing wetly against Skinner's perineum.

Skinner entered him in one smooth thrust then allowed the sensations to sweep him away. He had discussed the intense pleasure of taking Fox this way with Alex. They had both agreed that the fluid inside the orifice that enveloped their cock was like some highly charged stimulant that ignited all the nerve endings in their penis. The internal muscles wrapped around their cock holding it in place inside the warm moist interior until they discharged their seed. There was no need to thrust, all the stimulation came from the rigid muscles contracting and milking their cocks, which would eventually pull an orgasm from them.

Skinner was amazed that when he opened his eyes, he was no longer in their bedroom. He had concentrated on staying with Fox as he was entering him. So he now found himself following behind Fox as he drifted through a bright maze of moving colors. He watched his lover from a distance as the colors parted and Fox was standing beside a glistening waterfall with brilliant flora all around while multicolored birds of a variety that Skinner had never seen before fluttered around him.

Skinner willed himself over to stand beside his lover, admiring the sheer beauty of this strange land. Gemstones glittered along the banks of the pond scattered about like so many useless pebbles. He gasped when a unicorn came out of the dense foliage on the opposite side of the pond and started drinking the crystal clear water. "Is this where you've seen him, Fox?"

"Yes, Walter," Mulder said, holding out his hand and a small bird landed on his finger. "It's like a fairyland here, something made up of dreams and fantasies."

"It is very beautiful, but how are we able to transverse space to get here? It feels so real," Skinner murmured, entwining his arm around Mulder's waist, he marveled that he was able to touch his lover and smell the intoxicating fragrances.

"It is very real, Walter. While we can use all of our senses here smell, touch, and taste, the occupants of this world cannot touch us because our corporeal bodies are still joined in our bedroom. We are but phantoms to them," Mulder replied. Picking a pear from a low hanging branch, he took a bite out of it.

"If these aren't our real bodies then how are we able to touch, let alone taste?" Skinner asked, taking a bite out of the juicy fruit Fox held out to him, sweet nectar dripped down his chin.

Mulder leaned into him and licked the liquid off his chin, smiling, "Hell if I know, but at least Xowolfe isn't around. I would love to spend a day here exploring."

"Why don't we?" Skinner asked. Then suddenly a bright light consumed their bodies and when he opened his eyes again he was back inside their bedroom, laying sprawled over his lover's body. He pulled himself up and out of Fox's body and watched as the hazel eyes fluttered open and a lazy smile appeared on those perfect lips.

Mulder chuckled huskily, "If you could find a way to hold off your orgasm then maybe we'd be able to spend more time there. However, I wouldn't want to stay too long, not if it means encountering King Xowolfe."

Skinner captured Fox's head between his hands and bent down to claim his lips. Plundering the warm delicious interior, he pulled back surprised. "Fox, there is a distinct taste of pears in your mouth," he said.

"Definitely an X-File, Walter," he replied and pulled Walter back down to continue their kiss. He thought, if his life was always like this he'd be extremely happy.


St. Petersburg
Sunday, March 26
8:30 p.m.

Slava read Fox's email and frowned unhappily at the anger in his lover's words. That bastard that his lover was married to was insisting on having a blood sample from each of their daughters. For Fox he'd send it, but also for the satisfaction of rubbing that bald man's face into it. He was about to log off when another email appeared at his private email address.

It read, [Moi Tsar, I have a deal to propose to you in exchange for amnesty and my old position back. If you are interested, please reply. Your most humble servant, Marat Fyodorov.]

Slava scowled at the message. He now knew that Fyodorov was the one who had killed Captain Mikhin and who helped his lover escape. Slava wanted nothing more than to kill the little man slowly, but he had to get his hands on him first, so he decided to answer and find out what the traitor had to propose.


Oslo, Norway
Sunday, March 26
8:30 p.m.

King Gullbrand eased his large frame down onto his firm mattress. It felt good to finally be home. He had been extremely careful on his trip back to Norway from Egypt, only his most trusted advisors were allowed anywhere near him. He was still only at a quarter of his powers and couldn't chance his enemies finding out. He couldn't believe he had been stupid enough to allow himself to be drained, and for what? He still didn't have his beautiful Hans warming his bed. That blind sorcerer would pay dearly for stealing Hans away from him.

Gullbrand thought about the information he had on Foxfire Glenn Estate and its exotic and dangerous residents. There had been very little on the blind FBI agent who provided added protection at the estate, and no mention whatsoever about how powerful the man was. He would have his advisors collect every scrap of information on the estate and its residents that they could find so he wouldn't be left in the dark again. Gullbrand was determined to use the information to discover a way to reclaim his beautiful mate.

The door to his room was suddenly thrown open and Beiran Havock strolled boldly in. His hand was wrapped around a chain and he dragged a beautiful naked young man with large frightened blue eyes behind him. The chain was attached to an iron collar around the young man's neck. The young man had bruises and teeth marks on his pale flesh, and the iron collar had left further bruises under his chin.

"Beiran, what are you still doing here? I thought you were heading back to Australia," Gullbrand said standing.

Havock forced the pretty brunette captive down onto his knees and grabbed his hair to hold him immobile. "I ran into a slight problem. It seems those idiots that I left in charge to protect my territories weren't able to stop the Australian Council from invading, so my men and I are temporary without a home."

Gullbrand traced a finger over the swollen cheek and the bruised lips of the captive. Then he grabbed the front of Havock's shirt and pulled the handsome Australian against his chest, kissing him soundly. He hissed into his mouth, "So, you decided to make yourselves at home here?"

"Hey, I did bring you a present, didn't I?" Havock smirked against the larger man's lips.

The King looked down at the frightened, damaged face sandwiched between their two bodies. "A well used present. You always play too roughly with your toys, Beiran." He reached down and toyed with the heavy weights attached to clips that hung off the man's stretched nipples, batting them around with his fingers and getting a painful groan out of the slave as the stretched flesh was pulled even further by the swaying motion of the weights.

"The clips are only temporary, I intend to pierce its nipples and add additional weights, I'll get those beauties looking like a sows teats in no time." Havock reached down and jerked the captive's head back by his hair, turning it left and right for Gullbrand's appraisal. "Thor, if you look closely you will notice that I did clean it up for you both inside and out, before I even considered bringing it into your oh so regal presence," he mocked.

Gullbrand's eyes darkened. Although, he enjoyed the sex that he had with Havock, he didn't like the Aussie's sarcastic attitude or senseless brutality in damaging the faces of their slaves. "I will allow you to stay in my country on one condition, Beiran. That you help me get my precious Hans back from the Americans."

"No worries, Thor, you have a deal. I will need a place to hold my slaves while I'm here. They are getting rather ripe in the holds of my warships," Havock said as he started to remove his clothes.

"Why don't you just sell them to our allies? Menes would have been happy to buy them from you." Gullbrand started to shrug out of his own clothes.

"I don't like Menes. Besides I plan to sell them on the open market, I should get at least ten times what Menes would have given me for them." Havock yanked the slave up to his feet and started to throw him on Gullbrand's bed, causing the King to growl angrily.

"Not on the fucking bed! You know that I don't allow slaves to soil my bed no more than I'd allow dogs."

Havock chuckled as he dragged the young man over to the rug at the foot of the bed and hooked the chain through the well-worn bed post, fastening it there. He knew he would get such a response from Gullbrand that was why he did it in the first place.

"Is it lubed?" Gullbrand asked, stroking his cock and looking at the bruised flesh of the man's ass.

"Of course, Thor. This one shows real promise, he is very sensitive to pain. I think I'll be able to train him to take us both at once," Havock smirked, forcefully positioning his captive with his ass up in the air, so the King could see the bruised puckered opening.

Gullbrand licked his lips. At least he would be able to distract himself from the painful loss he felt.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Thursday, March 30 5:00 a.m.

Alex poured them each a mug of steaming coffee and sat at the breakfast table next to Walter. Mulder was still sound asleep in their bedroom. Alex wanted to say goodbye to Walter before the older man left for work, since he didn't expect to see him for at least a week. He had gotten up when his half-brother did, and marveled at Walter and Hope's morning routine; she was so like her daddy.

"Take care of him for me, Walter. I know that I've treated him like shit the last two weeks. I really have no excuse for why I've behaved the way I have. Hopefully I'll be able to make it up to him when I get back," Krycek sighed.

"Alex, you better change, if you can't stop treating him like you have been then I think we will need to make a drastic change in our living arrangements. I won't stand back any longer and close a blind eye to how you've been treating Fox. He needs both our love and understanding right now, not our scorn and control."

Krycek swallowed nervously. "Walter, I promise that I will change. I love Fox too much to continue hurting him. I know that I was wrong, but I couldn't help myself. The mere thought of him with Slava, while he left our daughters alone and defenseless made me mad ... I wanted him to suffer for it. I'll admit that I went a bit overboard, it's just that I want him to think about the consequences first."

"Alex, has Fox ever told you about what he went through after he first became an immortal?" Skinner asked.

"I've tried to ask him about it, Walter, but he won't talk about it. He said, that he didn't want to remember the past. On his birthday, he did make a vague reference to having blown his brains out but he refused to go into anymore detail," Krycek sighed miserably, lifting his coffee mug to his mouth.

"He did. I was the one who found his body. It was absolutely the worse moment of my life," Skinner said as he scooped Hope out of her highchair and held her close. "It was before we knew that they were immortal, I thought that I had lost him forever."

"God, Walter, what did you do?"

"I was in a state of shock. I just sat down on the coffee table and stared at him. I felt so guilty. When Fox had needed a friend the most in his life, I had pushed him away. I thought that he was involved with someone else, and out of pain I had kept him at arms length. It was at a point in his life when he had absolutely no one. He was so afraid and so alone. Alex, while I stared at his bloodless face I realized the entrance wound wasn't quite right. It should have been larger. I watched as it healed before my eyes, then the back of his skull healed, soon he was breathing again," Skinner kissed the top of Hope's head and cuddled her closer to his broad chest.

"God, poor Fox. I didn't know that it had been so hard for him," Krycek sighed, reaching out he grasped Walter's hand and the two men sat silently until it was time for Skinner to leave for work.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Thursday, March 30 2:30 p.m.

The back of MacIver's Jeep was filled with supplies for their rescue mission. Krycek and MacIver would fly to Germany then travel across land into Denmark then charter a boat to smuggle them across the Skagerrak Strait into Norway. They would meet up with the Norwegian resistance fighters who would help them rescue Jonathan in exchange for arms. Mulder was extremely sad as he watched Alex pack the last of his gear into the SUV. He was cradling their daughter in his arms trying to put on a brave front for her.

"Fox, I'm going to be fine," Krycek said as he came over to them.

"Alex, I have a bad feeling about this mission, please, don't go," he begged one final time.

Krycek swallowed hard, he didn't feel too good about the mission either, but he would never tell anyone that, especially not Fox. He didn't want to worry his lover any further. He had hurt Fox too deeply over the past two weeks; he was determined to make it up to him. He felt guilty that he had hidden the fact that his powers had dwindled even further. Walter would be so angry with him if he find out.

"Fox, don't worry, nothing will prevent me from coming back to you and our daughter," he said.

"Your death would prevent you! Alex, I don't want you to go, why do you want to hurt me?" he grumbled. "Do you hate me so much now?"

"Fox, I don't hate you, how could you think that?" Krycek was taken aback by the hurt and anger in Fox's voice.

"If you leave me now after I've asked you to stay that proves that I mean nothing to you. You no longer respect me, Alex, without respect there can be no love," Mulder said solemnly.

The other men stood frozen listening to their argument. They looked back and forth between Mulder and Krycek.

"I have nothing but the deepest respect for you -- I've always had and always will. However, one of our friends needs me and I cannot not try to rescue him, please for once try to understand," Krycek said, wrapping his arms around his lover and child, and he murmured, "Fox, I love you with all my heart and soul. I really do respect you. You're the smartest and bravest person I've ever known in my life. I will be back and we will work through our differences even if we have to go back to Dr. Vettelman, that I promise you. I'm so sorry that I've hurt you, please, forgive me."

Mulder sagged against him exhaustedly, he could never stay angry with Alex for very long, sighing, "If you don't return to me I'll kick your ass." He handed Faith over to Krycek. The baby was crying upset by her fathers' argument and Mulder rubbed her back soothingly, looking deeply into Krycek's green eyes. "Please, Alex, be careful, return to us in one piece."

"I will, Fox," he said, kissing his daughter then passing her back to Fox, they shared a deep kiss then he climbed in the passenger side of MacIver's jeep and the two men drove away.


Chapter 13 - Rebirth by Fire

Foxfire Glenn Estate
Thursday, March 30 5:30 p.m.

Mulder sighed sadly. Alex had only been gone three hours and already he missed him. Throughout all the hurt and pain over the past few weeks his love for Alex had not diminished, he only wished that they could have worked out their differences before Alex left. He smiled softly at his baby girls who were playing happily with their toys at his feet while he sat on the sofa watching the evening news. All the other members of the household were in the backyard preparing a barbecue and enjoying the warm spring weather.

"Well girls it's just us tomorrow. Shall we take in a movie? How about we hit the malls? Maybe stop at the salon and have our hair done," he quipped, then sighed, "Let me warn you about men. When they promise you they'll share fifty-fifty in the raising of the children, don't buy it," he grumbled.

"Buy it, girls! Daddy Walter and Daddy Alex spend just as much time with you as your Daddy Fox does," Skinner said gruffly, coming into the family room. His tie was loose and his suit slightly crumpled after a hard day at work. He had taken time to swing through the butler's pantry for a couple of bottles of beer. One he handed to Mulder as he leaned down and kissed him then set his own bottle on the end table and bent to greet each of the babies. "Did Alex get off okay?"

"Unfortunately, yes. If I would have thought of it at the time, I would have put sugar in Rory's gas tank," Mulder grumbled.

"He'll be fine, Fox. Don't forget that before the virus Alex used to do this sort of thing for a living, and he's with Rory. That man could steal the seat out from under you," Skinner said. "Did anything else happen while I was at work?"

"My daughters' blood samples arrived from Russia. I placed them in the cooler. You can take them into work with you tomorrow and give them to Andy Nelson to run a DNA test on," Mulder said.

Skinner grumbled, "Fox, couldn't we have Shinji analyze the samples for us?"

"No, I want the samples authenticated by an official agency of the U.S. government. You're just afraid of Agent Nelson," Mulder smirked, thinking of the times Nelson had openly panted after Walter. He wrapped his lips around the beer bottle and took a slow, seductive sip.

"I am not. The man is a total kiss ass," Skinner growled, hungrily watching Mulder's lush lips.

"He's a good lab tech, though. Walter, if the U.S. government confirms that they are indeed my children then I might be able to have the State Department arrange for visitation rights with Slava," Mulder replied.

"Fox, let them go! You already have a family and children, and I would prefer that you do not have any contact with Slava," Skinner snapped.

Mulder's bottom lip trembled and he started nervously peeling the label off the bottle. "Walter, if they were your children you'd want to see them. How can you just expect me to simply let them go?"

Skinner sighed, realizing what an ass he was being. He sat down on the sofa next to Mulder and gathered him in his arms. Kissing him softly, he said, "I'm sorry, Fox. We'll figure out a way for you to see your other daughters without Slava being present. You're right, if they were my children nothing would stop me from seeing them."

Mulder returned the kiss. "Thanks, Walter. Why don't you go and change. The guys are barbecuing out back and it should be ready soon. When you come back could you bring the babies' spring jackets from the bedroom and we'll go out and join them?"

"Sure, Fox," Skinner said.


FBI Interim Offices Alexandria
Friday, March 31
9:30 a.m.

As Skinner stepped into the bustling FBI lab, his eyes slid over all the unpacked boxes. He watched briefly as several lab technicians hurriedly unpacked and set up equipment. He glanced around the crowded room for Andy Nelson and finally located him in the far corner unpacking chemicals and placing them in an over-head cabinet. "Agent Nelson, I have some blood samples that I would like you to analyze," he said, walking up to the younger man.

Nelson looked surprised then happy to see Skinner. His gray eyes sparkled behind thick lenses, on his pimply white face. He was at least six-inches shorter than Skinner, and he was too skinny. "I'll get right on it, sir. May I inquire what case this is for?" he asked excitedly, looking for all the world like a puppy eager to please its master.

Skinner cringed under those intense eyes that were looking at him as if he were a Milk Bone biscuit. He wondered at first how much he should tell the man, but he decided that Nelson would need to refer to samples of Mulder's DNA to compare against the samples taken from Slava's daughters.

"Agent Nelson, this is to be kept under the strictest confidence. These blood samples are from Tsar Nikolai Slava's baby girls, I want them to be matched against Agent Mulder's DNA. He ... we believe the babies may be Agent Mulder's daughters, but we want to find out for sure."

Nelson paled noticeably. His eyes flashed briefly with anger then regained their neutral appearance. "Why would Agent Mulder believe Slava's daughters are his? He'd have to have been sleeping with Slava for them to even be able to conceive a child together!" Nelson exclaimed with a bitter edge in his voice.

"That really is *none* of your concern, Agent! Just run the tests and get the results back to me as soon as possible," Skinner snapped, turning, he stormed angrily out of the lab. Agent Nelson gave him the creeps, there was something about the young man that didn't sit well with him.

Nelson's eyes lustfully followed Skinner's muscular physique as it exited the door. "I'm making it my business, sir," he muttered under his breath. He had been in love with Skinner since he first started working for the FBI and the mere thought of that slut of an immortal cheating on someone as noble and honorable as Walter Skinner made him furious.

//Mulder, if these are your bastard children you will pay dearly, that I promise you,// Nelson thought then placed the vials into the cooler and rushed to set up the equipment needed to perform the tests.


Denmark
Friday, March 31
9:30 p.m.

Krycek stared anxiously around the crowded pub. He barely had any powers left now, and he was feeling extremely vulnerable without them. Although he was more than able to defend himself against any n'thral, human, or ghoul, it was defending himself against his fellow sorcerers that had him worried. He looked up with relief as Rory set a stein of beer in front of him.

"It's all set, lad, we leave in the morning," he drawled, plopping down in the chair next to Krycek.

"Rory, I have something to tell you. I think you really need to know. My powers have been acting up and I can barely light a match with them let alone use them to fight with," he said.

"I know, lad. I've been shielding your thoughts since we left the States, you're as open as a book," Rory said, leaning back in his chair he studied the young man's downcast face.

Krycek grimaced. "I should have learned Fox's technique for shielding his thoughts. Damn, I never felt I had to, with my powers it was always so easy," he replied sullenly. "I'm sorry, Rory, I didn't mean to put your life at risk ... I really thought that my powers would come back once I was away from Fox. We've been having a hard time together lately if you haven't noticed."

"We all noticed, Alex. You're lucky Mulder was defending you or else one of us would have kicked your butt for the way you've been treating him. Kazuo and I covered up your lack of powers from Walter's probing; we wanted you away from Mulder for a while. Of course, we couldn't tell Shinji. He would have run to Mulder with the news. Immortals, they're always sticking together," MacIver complained.

"Rory, I'm still able to defend myself the old fashion way!" Krycek muttered angrily.

"I know that, Alex. C'mon, let's turn in, we need to get an early start tomorrow," MacIver said, standing and stretching.

Krycek followed him out the side door and down the cobblestone street. Denmark had only recently become ghoul free, and men were loitering outside enjoying the peaceful evening. His thoughts as always turned to Fox. Now that they were so far apart he could see more clearly what a complete jerk he had been. He couldn't wait to get home so he could make it up to his lover.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Saturday, April 1
6:30 a.m.

Mulder and Skinner awoke to a loud pounding on their bedroom door.

"Come in," Skinner growled as the babies started crying in the nursery.

Scully rushed into the room. "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you but this couldn't wait," she said breathlessly. She tried not to stare as the two men sat up in bed and the blankets slid down exposing their bare chests. Her eyes lowered off their chests to the floor, and she quickly raised them, blushing at the discarded briefs lying there.

"Dana, can you turn the other direction for a moment? I would like to get my robe," Skinner said. When she did, he quickly stood and grabbed his robe from the chair near the bed and at the same time kicked his briefs under the bed and out of view. He went into the nursery and came back with both babies who were whimpering softly.

Mulder had propped his pillow up and was lying back against the headboard watching the scene with bemusement. Skinner set the girls on the bed and they immediately crawled into the comfort of their Daddy Fox's arms and laid their heads on his bare chest.

"Okay, what is it, Dana?" Skinner asked, sitting down on the edge of the bed.

When she turned back to face the two men her voice caught in her throat at the sight of Mulder and the two baby girls cuddling on the bed. She had never seen a more blissful scene in her life. All three of them were so beautiful. It took her a moment to remember why she had barged in on them in the first place.

"Ah, Walter, I'm concerned about Alex. More cases have been reported of sorcerers whose powers have been weakening. In a few cases, the sorcerers have completely loss their powers," she said.

"Shit. Dana, have any of them reported their powers returning?" Skinner asked.

"No. Walter, there aren't that many cases to begin with. It seems to be effecting less than one percent of the sorcerer population. Some sorcerers have even reported that their powers have increased," Scully replied, her eyes wandering back to Mulder and the babies. She stared into Mulder's wide, frightened hazel eyes.

Mulder was speechless. His fears for Alex were like a lead weight in his belly. He glanced over to Walter for reassurance.

"Fox, Alex will be all right. Even without his powers he is still a top rate operative," Skinner replied, resting a hand on his thigh.

"I wish that I could believe that, Walter," Mulder said sadly.

"Dana, can you get me all the information available on this power loss problem? Maybe there is something we're overlooking," Skinner asked.

"Yes, sir," she murmured then slowly left the room. She hated seeing Mulder so downtrodden.

After she left, Skinner put his arms around Mulder and the babies. "Fox, don't worry, nothing is going to happen to him."

"My instincts are telling me that he is in danger, Walter."

Skinner frowned, knowing that Fox's instincts had an uncanny way of always being right.


Oslo Norway
Saturday, April 1
1:30 p.m.

It was an overcast, chilly day in Norway as Krycek and MacIver stood with their hands raised above their heads. They were surrounded and outnumbered. Krycek glared at the resistance leader who had led them into this trap. The man was talking openly to the leader of the military unit that had them surrounded. The other four members of their small group were in a state of shock over their leader's betrayal.

*Rory, I can't tell ... how many sorcerers are there?* Krycek asked telepathically.

*Five more than I can handle alone,* MacIver grumbled.

*ENOUGH!* The shout echoed through both men's minds as a military major stepped up to them. "There will be no talking! Telepathically or vocally is that clear?" he growled.

Krycek opened his mouth to tell the man to go to hell, but MacIver's hand on his arm silenced him, and he realized that if he angered the major it wasn't just himself who would suffer.

"Your friend is a wise man," the major said, staring into Krycek's eyes. "Now take off your clothes, boy," he ordered, holding Krycek's green gaze briefly before turning to the other prisoners. "Strip, all of you!"

When Krycek didn't move the major used mind control to get him to comply. Krycek jerkily started undressing as he made a feeble attempt to fight off the older man's hold on his mind.

The major laughed scornfully at Krycek as he removed two metal ankle cuffs from the lead-lined box. "You are a poor excuse for a sorcerer! This power control cuff will be wasted on you, but it is under orders from my King that you wear it."

Krycek removed his final item of clothing and stood barefooted on the cold dirt ground. He was shivering, the temperature was only in the high forties, and he wasn't able to use his powers to keep himself warm like Rory was doing. But even Rory wouldn't be able to do that for much longer, once the metal ankle cuff was placed on him he would be powerless, too. He should have listened to Fox! When was he ever going to learn that his lover's hunches were usually right on the mark? Krycek bit his tongue angrily as his ankle was grabbed by rough hands and the cold metal cuff fastened around it.

Major Bjørnson looked up at Krycek from where he knelt on the ground at the young man's feet. "You might not be much of a sorcerer, but you are an exceptional beauty and should bring my King a good profit at the auction block," the major stated as he ran his hand up Krycek's muscular thigh stopping at his smooth groin area. "You're even nicely shaved. It's pleasing to see that you should be able to rapidly adjust to your new life as slave, all slaves in our brothels are kept smooth for the clientele. By the way, nice tattoo," Bjørnson said, leering up at Krycek. He turned to his men. "Do a body cavity check on them while I attend to our pretty little sorcerer here."

The major looked into Krycek's defiant eyes. "Bend over and spread your ass cheeks apart for me, pretty one." When Krycek didn't budge, he forced him to comply again by using mind control. Alex turned a flaming shade of red, as he stood bent with his own hands spreading himself open for the larger man's probing finger. It delved painfully deep into his body followed quickly by a second dry finger. Alex gasped in pain as the major's fingers stretched him and pushed against the walls of his rectum uncomfortably. The search seemed to go on for long, humiliating minutes -- many more minutes than the other prisoners had to endure, they stood watching the scene with loathing. The fingers twisted in all directions purposefully brushing his prostate until his penis started to respond to the stimulation, then they were roughly withdrawn.

The major didn't get up right away instead he stayed crouched at Krycek feet and caressed Alex's long, toned legs then fondled his balls and hard cock. "Hm, very sensitive, you have a nice and tight hole, not to mention long beautiful legs, and a great ass. You are going to warm many a bed during your stay with us, American. Maybe I'll pay for a night of pleasure myself, but I have a feeling that your cost would be more than a simple officer's salary could afford."

MacIver wanted to kill the major as he saw Alex's face flush with anger, his young friend was held powerless, not even able to tell the man to fuck off.

"Leave him the fuck alone," the Scotsman growled.

The nearest soldier slammed his rifle butt into MacIver's stomach, making him crumple to his knees holding his midsection. Before the soldier could deliver a second blow they were interrupted as a car squealed to a halt and a young captain from the King's personal guard came rushing over.

"Major Bjørnson, King Gullbrand would like you to bring the foreign prisoners to him immediately, and he said you are to hang the other traitors inside crow cages as a warning to their fellow resistance fighters." He nodded toward their four naked countrymen.

Major Bjørnson shuddered. He didn't like using the crow cages. It was a painful death. Leaving a man suspended in a cage from the top of a tall poll as he slowly starved to death, then the crows start feasting on the corpse's flesh, and sometimes the man wasn't dead before the crows started their feast. Bjørnson felt a simple bullet to the back of the head was a more efficient way of dealing with traitors.

"Very well, Captain, tell the King that I'll be there immediately, I just need to get the prisoners dressed."

"He wants them delivered naked. Have your assistant deal with the other prisoners and you can accompany me back now," the captain said.

Krycek helped MacIver to his feet. "Don't do anything so stupid again, Rory! I am more than capable of fighting my own battles," he hissed into the older man's ear.

"You could have fooled me, lad," MacIver moaned.

"Silence! You two, get in the car," the major growled.

Krycek slid into the backseat, he was about to slide over to the far door when Major Bjørnson opened that door and climbed in sandwiching Krycek between himself and MacIver. The coarse fabric of the major's coat was pressed uncomfortably against Alex's bare flesh. His mind was whirling, looking for a means of escape, but with the power cuffs on, and their lack of dress it would be impossible. They would have to bide their time until an opportunity arose.

"That's wise decision, pretty one, you and your friend wouldn't make it five feet," the major said, his hand again stroking Krycek's bare thigh.

"Stay out of my mind, bastard!" Krycek hissed, pushing the man's hand away.

Captain Jonsen chuckled in the front seat. "He's a spirited one, isn't he? He's just the type that our King's Aussie friend likes to play with."

Krycek didn't like the sound of that, but his response was lost as the car drove through the opulent gates of a massive palace. The palace was still under construction. There were thousands of n'thral and human slaves laboring under the watchful eyes of clairvoyant and sorcerer overseers.

"I see you are impressed. We sorcerers built the palace as a present to our new King, using our powers. We had the main portion raised in two months, now we use slaves to complete the rest. Tsar Nikolai Slava's Winter Palace will pale in comparison when this one is finally finished," Captain Jonsen said proudly.

The car pulled up in front of the main entrance and four large n'thral guards stepped forward. They leered lecherously at both Krycek and MacIver as they ushered them out of the car. The guards knew better than to touch the prisoners. However, they came close to forgetting Gullbrand's orders as they gazed upon the sable-haired beauty. If Captain Jonsen's harsh voice hadn't pulled them back to reality they would have ravaged the young man on the spot.

"Idiots, put your tongues back in your mouths! He's just a man! The way you four buffoons are drooling, you'd think he was an immortal! Now get back to your posts!"

The captain and the major led Krycek and MacIver through the palace's wide corridors. The floor was a dark green marble and the walls were a dark, polished, gray stone with dark mahogany woodwork. To Krycek it had the feel of some medieval castle.

They finally arrived at a large noisy dining hall. It had five, large pewter chandeliers hanging from a fifty foot ceiling above a long table with two equally long tables coming off its ends forming an open square. Thirty rugged and boisterous men sat eating, drinking, and laughing as scantily dressed slaves waited on them. Krycek watched with disgust as one of the slaves was grabbed and bent over the table and roughly taken from behind as the other men at the table shouted encouragement to the rapist. The room became quiet as their presence was finally noticed. Krycek kept his head held high under the men's scrutinizing eyes; he would never allow anyone to see that he was afraid.

The men admired Krycek's beautiful body, his long muscular legs, toned pectorals, and flat stomach. Both the sweet curve of his buttocks and the pink bowed lips on his all too pretty face just begged for a cock to be buried between them. The other slaves paled in comparison to this beauty and the men turned to look at their king hoping that this man was brought for their enjoyment.

"Well, if it isn't the famous Alexei Krycek," Gullbrand bellowed, slamming his gold stein of ale down on the table and rising. "Your reputation proceeds you, Alexei!" He walked around the table to where the four men stood waiting.

Beiran Havock had been sitting to the King's right with one leg propped over the arm of his chair. He unhooked his leg and also stood, openly leering at Krycek then focusing on MacIver. "MacIver, you dog! I've been looking forward to running into you again. You still owe me thousands for messing up my drug deal! I think I'll take what you owe me in flesh," he said menacingly, pulling a long, serrated knife from his boot.

"Put it away, Beiran," the King said as he walked around the two naked men, admiring the toned bodies and their good looks. The Scotsman was in his early forties, but he looked younger than his years and ruggedly handsome. Considering he was a sorcerer and wouldn't age further he would have brought a nice price. However, Gullbrand wasn't planning on selling him or his pretty companion, he had a better use for them.

"Dammit, Thor, he owes me! I demand retribution!" Havock growled, waving the knife around.

The men in the room went totally still. Some of them were loyal to Havock and the remaining belonged to Gullbrand.

Gullbrand leveled the Australian with a cold look. "Beiran, I advise you to watch your tongue or it will be removed. You are a guest on my soil and my decision is final! These men belong to me, not you."

Krycek looked over at MacIver's sweaty face and whispered, "Rory, it's nice to see you make friends wherever you go."

"Shut up, Alex," MacIver muttered.

"Captain Jonsen, find some clothes for our guests. I don't want them catching cold," the King ordered. After the officer had left, he turned back to Krycek and MacIver. "Friends, please join me at the table. You both must be starving after your long journey."

Krycek stood his ground. "If we're your guests then I think we'll skip dinner and leave as soon as the captain returns with our clothes."

The King threw back his head and laughed. "Oh, Alexei, you are both much more than my guests. You are my bargaining chips! I plan to exchange you for the love of my life. I don't doubt for a minute that your lovers won't hesitate to give me Hans in order to get the both of you back."

"Fox would never sell out his friend, even to get me back," Krycek growled as he followed Gullbrand around the dining table. He jumped when one of the men at the table pinched his ass, and he spun around so quickly there wasn't time for anyone to react as he struck the man with such force between his eyes that the large man toppled unconscious out of his chair.

Gullbrand watched with amusement, turning to one of his guards. "Remove that," he said, nodding at the unconscious man. Then he turned back to Krycek as if the incidence didn't happen. "I think Fox Mulder will, when he gets the photographs of you writhing at the end of my cock," Gullbrand said pleasantly. He motioned for the servers to bring his guests drinks. "You know very well, Alexei, that I can make you do anything I want. And, if I want to see you ride every man's cock in this room you will, and with a smile on your pretty lips."

Krycek turned red with anger as he glanced around the table at the thirty aroused men who were leering at him. He wanted to wipe the expressions off all of their faces. He knew Fox wouldn't turn Hans over to Gullbrand, even for him. However, he also knew that Fox would try to rescue him himself, and the thought of Fox falling into these men's hands was unthinkable. He picked up the drink in front of him and downed half its contents before replying. "You can do whatever you want to me, you son of a bitch, but Fox will never send you Hans. Ask your clairvoyants if you don't believe me, neither Fox nor Shinji would ever betray a friend."

The King kept a tentative hold on his temper as he motioned to the guard standing behind him. "Bring me Martin Frøysok," he commanded. "For both your sakes, Alexei, I hope you are wrong."

MacIver and Krycek exchanged worried glances; they both knew Krycek was right, which meant they were in deep trouble. They nervously picked at the food forcing themselves to eat. They knew it would probably be the last good meal they would have for as long as they remained prisoners here.

A small trollish man entered the room and Krycek stared opened mouth at him. The man looked almost exactly like Frohike. What was this? How many doubles did Frohike have? He pushed his plate away believing that his host had put something in the food.

"Frøysok, I need your expert opinion on a matter of the utmost importance," Gullbrand said, looking coldly at the smaller man standing before him. "I would like to know if my captive's lovers would exchange Hans Schatz for them?"

"No, my King, neither Fox Mulder nor Shinji Takeda would betray their friend."

"Damn," the King swore as he threw his mug angrily across the room, it bounced noisily off the far wall. "I guess you can have your pound of flesh after all, Beiran."

MacIver tensed up. His heart constricted as he watched Havock pull a knife from its sheath, knowing that he would never see his son being born or hold his child in his arms.

"My King, you cannot kill either of these men if you want Hans Schatz," Frøysok said quickly.

"What the *HELL* do you mean, Frøysok? You just said their lovers would never exchange Hans for them!" Gullbrand barked.

Frøysok wasn't fazed by his King's anger, he replied calmly, "That is correct, Your Highness, they would never betray their friend. However, Hans Schatz would come to you willingly and exchange himself for their freedom. If you kill them then Hans Schatz will never be yours."

A smile spread across Gullbrand's handsome face. "Of course, my love would sacrifice himself for his friends. He is pure of heart and wouldn't want them to suffer. I should have thought of that. Frøysok, I need you to find a way for me to get a secret message to my Hans, you have two days to find one."

"Yes, my King," the older man said, bowing he backed out of the room only turning when he reached the door.

"It looks like you've had a reprieve, Mr. MacIver. You may get to see your son's birth after all," Gullbrand said, not trying to conceal the fact that he had been reading the Scotsman's mind. "I will see that you are treated fairly for your remaining stay here. Is there anything at all you require?"

"Yes. We have a friend who was taken captive ... Hans would want his release, too," MacIver said.

"What is your friend's name? I will see that he is brought here at once."

"Jonathan Carter."

"Guard, I want this Jonathan Carter brought here and placed in the guest suite with Mr. MacIver."

MacIver met Krycek's eyes worriedly. "Ah, King Gullbrand, what about Alex?"

"His welfare is really none of your concern, but to put your mind at ease he will be staying in my bedroom until the exchange is made."

MacIver glared angrily, "Your clairvoyant said ..."

The King interrupted him. "Frøysok said that I cannot kill either of you, but he didn't say that I couldn't take pleasure from Alexei's beautiful body. Don't worry, Mr. MacIver, once Hans is with me I will send all three of you back to the States . You have my word on that."

Krycek sat there stunned. He was feeling like an object, a piece of meat as the two older men discussed him as if he weren't even there. "No fucking way! I'd rather be locked in the dungeon if it's all the same to you," Krycek growled.

"And I'd rather you sat there quietly, looking like the pretty little trollop you are," Gullbrand replied.

Krycek started to reply but found he couldn't get his voice to work.

Havock started laughing. "He looks like a guppy with those pretty lips moving and nothing coming out. God, Thor, you kill me. You are going to share him with me, aren't you?"

Gullbrand trailed a finger down Krycek's bare chest, stopping to scrap the nail over the young man's nipple. "Yes, Beiran, and I'll even allow you to pierce his nipples."

Krycek couldn't move a muscle, he wanted to break the offending fingers off and drive his fist down the king's throat.

Captain Jonsen came back with his arms full of clothing.

"Good, Captain, give Mr. MacIver the clothes and show him to the guest suite. I want four sorcerers guarding him at all times. Is that clear?"

"Yes, my King. Mr. MacIver, this way."

MacIver wanted to protest and to protect Alex, but in their present circumstances there was nothing he could do. He squeezed Alex's shoulder in sympathy as he stood and picked up the clothes and followed Captain Jonsen out of the dining hall.

Havock got up and walked behind Krycek. "Stand, boy," he hissed.

Krycek found himself rising, bending to the Australian's will. He flinched as the man reached between his legs and fondled his balls. "Thor, what do you think? Should I stretch these beauties? Maybe cut them off, I bet he'd make a hot eunuch."

"No, Beiran, eunuchs are not any fun. Besides, I don't want him permanently damaged. Just be happy that I'm allowing you to pierce his nipples," Gullbrand said, caressing Alex's firm buttocks, he was going to have a lot of fun with this beauty.

Krycek wished for one second of freewill! He'd use it to slice Havock's cock off and shove it down Gullbrand's arrogant throat.


St. Petersburg
Sunday, April 2 1:30 a.m.

Tsar Nikolai Slava paced back and forth. He couldn't believe what Fyodorov had told him. It wasn't possible. Although his spies had already confirmed that King Gullbrand was holding Alexei Krycek, they were unable to confirm the second part of Fyodorov's message. Either way, he needed to get Krycek away from Gullbrand. Fox would come back to him, if for nothing else then to be with Krycek.


Oslo Norway
Sunday, April 2 4:30 a.m.

Krycek tugged uselessly at the steel chain fettering him to the large wooden bedpost. From his position on the hard floor at the foot of the large bed he listened to the snoring coming from the two men sleeping on it. He had spent the past three hours trying to break the lock that held him chained, before finally giving up. He was cold, exhausted, and sore. He curled up on the rug, bringing his knees up to his chest trying to get warm. Dry semen caked his thighs, buttocks, and belly, making his skin uncomfortably itchy. He had never felt so helpless before, not even when the consortium had kidnapped him and Fox, or the time he was locked inside the missile silo. But then, he had never been raped before. Considering his looks and his profession, he had come close a few times, but he had easily defended himself. Now he was powerless against these sorcerers who could read and control his mind.

He thought of Fox, this feeling of helplessness must be what his lover felt on a daily basis. He needed to get back to Fox to tell him that he was sorry. A solitary tear made its way down his cheek as he closed his eyes; his lover's beautiful face was the last image he saw before falling asleep.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Sunday, April 2 1:30 p.m.

Mulder sat at the kitchen counter watching Justin and Joe as they maneuvered around each other in the kitchen. They seemed full of energy and happy while he felt tired and miserable. His whole being ached with need and desire. Justin was five months pregnant and he still wasn't outwardly showing. Mulder looked over at his ex-partner who was sitting at the round kitchen table with Pyetr and Shinji. Scully was also five months pregnant and she looked it. She hadn't switched totally over to maternity clothes yet, but it was only a matter of weeks before she had to.

He looked back and forth between Justin and Scully. Maybe immortal pregnancies were different enough that the men wouldn't show their state too badly. Doctor Pendrell had said that the reason Justin and the others weren't showing was that they had a dense gel surrounding the fetus instead of a fluid.

Mulder couldn't imagine, no he didn't want to imagine needing to wear maternity clothes or requiring assistance to stand. That would be too embarrassing. He had already made up his mind that he would go through with it and get pregnant during his next cycle. The compulsion was now too strong to resist.

He looked up as an arm wrapped around his waist. "A penny for your thoughts?" Skinner murmured, kissing his cheek.

"I'll tell you in our bedroom," Mulder said, turning around on the stool and hugging Skinner tightly, burying his face in the older man's neck and breathing in his rich scent.

"Sure, Fox, whatever you want."

The others watched Mulder and Skinner leave. Justin turned to Shinji and said, "It looks like you are going to owe Joe and I twenty hours of free babysitting."

"No way, Justin. Mulder is going to hold out for at least another one or two months," Takeda said.

"Ha! Did you see that look on his face? The man is about to crack!"

Scully looked at both immortals, confused. "Can you please enlighten me? What the hell are you two talking about?"

Hawk answered her. "Mulder's next cycle is in a couple of days. Justin and I think he will break down and ask Walter to impregnate him, but Shinji thinks he'll hold off for a couple of months yet."

Scully's eyes grew wide. She had accepted that the other immortals were pregnant, but she could not picture Mulder being in the same state. "So the bet is for free babysitting? I want in. I'll bet that Mulder can hold out for at least another three months."

"You're on, Dana."


"Walter, I'm serious. I can't go through another month. I want to have a child, your child," Mulder pleaded.

"Fox, we really should wait until Alex is back. It doesn't seem right to make this decision without him," Skinner replied, holding Mulder in his arms.

Mulder clung to Skinner, the demands of his body were already too strong and getting stronger the closer he got to his cycle. "Walter, my next cycle starts in two days. Alex will not be back in two days and I cannot go through another month, you don't know how unbearable the need has become," Mulder said burying his face against Skinner's chest.

"Okay, Fox, if we don't hear from Alex by Tuesday then we will go ahead. If that is what you really want?" Skinner asked, holding him tightly enjoying the hard lean body pressing against his own and the clear beating of Fox's heart against his. Having his lover pregnant with their child was something that Skinner wanted more than anything. It would be the ultimate melding of their love for each other.

Mulder couldn't tell him that it wasn't what he wanted, that he really did not want any of this, but he could no longer control the need. "Yes, Walter, it is what I want."

"Masataka and Kazuo should be gone with the girls for at least another half hour, Fox," Skinner purred, squeezing Mulder's denim-encased penis, feeling it thicken under his fingers.

"And?" Mulder moaned, nipping the side of Skinner stubble covered jaw.

"And, I want to have a little snack before dinner," Skinner said as he slid off the bed, pushing Mulder's legs apart as he knelt between them. He caressed with his palms back and forth over his lover's thighs, coming closer with each caress to his groin area, which swelled excitedly against the thick denim confining it.

"Walter, please. Your snack is going to spill before you even get to it," Mulder groaned.

"A little light on the trigger are we, Fox?" Skinner grinned and unbuttoned his lover's pants, pushing them down. The large man smiled at the sight of Fox's purple cockhead peeking out from the slit in his gray, silk boxers. Mulder raised his hips and Skinner peeled his pants and underwear down to his thighs.

Skinner curled his fingers gently around Fox's throbbing rod and lowered his head, placing a tender kiss on its leaking tip. He then twirled his tongue around the velvet surface collecting the pre-cum from its surface. "Mm, you know I can never get enough of you, Fox."

Mulder had his eyes closed and his head thrown back, he purred seductively, "You know I'm yours, Walter, take your fill."

"With pleasure, lover," Skinner whispered, taking the head of his lover's cock into his mouth. His tongue licked over the throbbing vein on its underside and he spent long minutes sucking on the head and savoring every drop of milky come that leaked out before taking it in deeper. He raised his eyes to look at Mulder. His lover's fingers were entwined in the bedcovers, and he had a total look of bliss on his pretty face as he pushed his hips up wanting to be taken deeper into that moist heat. Skinner obliged him, swallowing him as far down as he could take him before pulling back, then took him back down again.

Mulder was in heaven. The tightness of Walter's throat around his cock was exquisite and he wanted to stay forever in that hot mouth, but all too soon he felt his balls tightening and he cried out as he poured out his love. He fell back on the bed too exhausted to even sit up.

Skinner swallowed fast, he pulled back just enough so he could taste his lover's delicious essence as it spurted over his tongue. He slowly and tenderly licked his lover's wilting penis clean. Then he climbed up on the bed and draped himself over Fox's languishing body, wrapping his arms around him and pulling him closer he captured his lips in a long, wet kiss.

Mulder's arms went around Walter's neck and he looped a leg over the back of his lover's muscled thigh, bringing their bodies even closer. He felt such love for this large man. He didn't know how he could have ever survived so many years without him in his life. A wave of sadness hit him as he worried for the other man he loved, and a tear ran down the gentle curve of his cheek. He didn't know why he should feel that something was wrong with Alex when Frohike, Spender, and Fyodorov all said that he was fine. Mulder just wished he knew what Alex was doing at that minute so it would ease the gnawing worry he was feeling.


Oslo Norway
Monday, April 2 10:30 a.m.

Krycek head hung down to his chest. His arms were stretched above his head and his toes barely touched the floor. He was beyond caring what happened to him, his body jerked by reflex alone as another stroke of the leather whip torn the flesh from his back. He felt the warmth of his blood as it ran down from his wounds and over his buttocks then trickled slowly down his legs. Through blurry eyes he stared down his bare chest at the bright gold hoops that pierced through each of his swollen nipples and the chain that joined them.

"Beiran! What in God's name have you done?" King Gullbrand's voice resounded in Alex's head.

"He hit me, Thor. I was only teaching him a lesson!"

Gullbrand looked at the swollen eye on his Australian lover's face. "I told you not to touch him without me being present. What did you try to do to him?"

"Nothing. I just thought he needed to be cleaned out again," Havock replied. "He shouldn't have struck me!"

Gullbrand looked at the torn flesh on Krycek's back. "Fuck it, Beiran, you're a sorcerer. You could have easily controlled him with your powers. There was no fucking need for this!"

Havock growled angrily. "He's a fucking slave, Thor! I shouldn't have to use my powers to control him! He should obey me out of fear like the dog he is!"

"Beiran, I don't fuck dogs, and from the look of his back I won't be fucking him either for a while. Have you ever considered taking a temper management class?" Gullbrand asked hotly, placing his shoulder under Krycek's midsection he lifted him off the floor until his bound arms were raised off the hook that held him suspended in the air. Krycek's unconscious body fell limply over Gullbrand's broad shoulder. The King was unconcerned about the blood that he was getting on himself.

"He shouldn't have hit me! Besides, I want Fox Mulder to pay for what he did to me! Mulder loves this man and ..."

Gullbrand stopped him short. "Enough, Beiran! It was your own fucking fault that you were caught. Stop trying to blame it on the American FBI man! He was only doing his job! Start taking responsibility for your own actions!" he snapped as he lay Krycek down on the bed, carefully positioning him on his stomach. "Fuck, those lacerations are going to leave permanent scars." He telepathically contacted his personal doctor, and the old man was at his door in under five minutes.

Gullbrand went into his bathroom to wash the blood off his body and clothes as the doctor patched up Krycek's wounds. When he came out Krycek had finally regained consciousness and was groaning and twisting in agony. There was a knock on his door and Captain Jonsen stepped into the bedroom.

"My King, Tsar Nikolai Slava is down in the throne room, he would like an audience with you," the young captain said.

"Slava's here?" Gullbrand's eyebrows rose in surprise. What could that Cossack want? He had always gotten along well with Slava even before they both overthrew their respective governments and placed themselves as Monarchs.

"Yes, Your Highness, but he didn't come alone. He brought his personal guard of fifty sorcerers with him," Jonsen said.

"So Slava isn't here for a friendly visit?" Gullbrand mused. "Captain, have our sorcerers positioned to defend the palace if needed. Come along, Beiran, I want you with me."

"I wouldn't miss meeting Slava for anything. The man's suppose to be the most powerful sorcerer in the world, I just might test him and find out just how tough he really is," Havock said.

"Beiran, a word of advice. Nikolai Slava has killed more men than you, the coalition, and me combined and he won't hesitate to kill you if you provoke him. The man is not to be toyed with, so watch yourself, and whatever you do don't say one word to him about Fox Mulder," Gullbrand advised as the two men walked down the hallway toward the thorn room.


Slava looked around Gullbrand's throne room with amusement; it was twice the size of his own throne room at the Winter Palace. His personal guard stood at attention facing Gullbrand's sorcerers. Slava had little doubt that if it came to a fight his men could easily defeat Gullbrand's men. He turned to face King Gullbrand as he strolled into the room.

"Nikolai, my friend, what brings you to Norway?" Gullbrand said, hugging the Tsar.

Both men stood the same height of six feet, five inches, but they were as different as night was to day. Gullbrand's long blond-hair hung past his shoulders, he was dressed in leather with a broadsword worn at his waist. He looked every bit like a legendary Viking King. Slava, on the other hand, had his black-hair elegantly styled and wore a three-piece, tailored, black business suit that fit his muscular frame like a glove.

"Thor, I heard you have my countryman Alexei Krycek, and I want him turned over to me," Slava said coolly as his coal black eyes looked over the rugged man at Gullbrand's side.

"That's impossible, Nikolai. I need him as part of a trade I'm putting together to get my future mate back from the Americans. You of all people should know what it's like to be in love with an immortal," Gullbrand said, walking up the steps to his throne, he sat and tried to not let Slava see how nervous he was.

"Thor, you still have two other hostages to use in your trade. Alexei Krycek will not make anymore of a difference, ask your chief clairvoyant Frøysok to confirm it. I want to avoid bloodshed, but I'm not leaving here without Alexei," Slava said softly.

"Gawd, you have some balls, mate! Waltzing in here and making demands with what? Only fifty sorcerers," Havock growled.

"Beiran, silence," Gullbrand hissed.

"Thor, let's just kick his ass out of here. How can you just sit there and let this arrogant fool make demands in your own throne room?"

Slava rolled his eyes and without even looking at Havock, he encased the man up to his neck in a block of ice, and said, "I think your friend should learn to keep a cooler head, Thor."

This got chuckles from all of Slava's men and most of Gullbrand's who didn't particularly care for Havock.

Havock tried, but couldn't make the block of ice disappear. He even tried melting it, but that didn't work, so he stood there shivering.

"Okay, Nikolai, I will check with my clairvoyant. If Frøysok says that Krycek isn't necessary then you can have him. As long as you are here, why don't you and your men accept my hospitality? My guards will escort you to the dining hall, please feel free to enjoy any of my lovely slaves while you dine," Gullbrand said lightly.

"Thank you, Thor, my men will no doubt enjoy our brief visit," Slava said bowing respectfully. He turned and left the room with his men and Gullbrand's guards following close behind.

"Ttthor, ggett tthis offf mmme," Havock stuttered through clattering teeth.

"I can't, Beiran. Slava put a counter spell on it and you are just going to have to wait until it melts on its own. Just think warm thoughts," Gullbrand replied.


FBI interim offices
Monday, April 3
2:30 p.m.

Mulder wheeled his chair over to his filing cabinet. It felt so good to finally be back at work and away from the estate. Thankfully, Yori had agreed to babysit the girls for him and Walter. Mulder closed his eyes as another wave of anxiety hit him. He tried to pull his feelings away from the dread he had felt in the pit of his stomach for the past three days. He wasn't sure if it was worry over Alex or his decision to have a baby.

"Good morning, Agent Mulder," Andy Nelson said, walking into the office. "I have the results back from the DNA tests I ran on those blood samples A.D. Skinner dropped off on Thursday. They are beyond a doubt your daughters," he said, handing Mulder the file. His cold eyes locked onto Mulder's too beautiful face with jealousy as Mulder studied the contents of the folder.

Nelson fingered the remote control in his pocket. He had spent Sunday installing an incendiary bomb inside the air ducts behind Mulder's desk. It had enough napalm in it to destroy the office and he hoped totally vaporize Mulder's body. Once Walter accepted what a whore Mulder had been, Nelson was sure that he would be able to win the big man's love.

"Agents," Skinner said, stepping into Mulder's office.

"Sir, Agent Nelson was just dropping off the results of *my* daughters' DNA tests," Mulder said smugly, looking into his lover's handsome face, he missed the rage that burned in Nelson's eyes.

Skinner sat in a chair next to Mulder's desk and pulled the folder over to him. He looked up at Nelson, and barked, "You are dismissed, Agent Nelson."

"Yes, sir," Nelson murmured and left the office. He took a position in an empty cubicle to wait for Skinner to leave the office. He pulled the remote control from his pocket and placed it on the desk in front of him.


Same time
Oslo Norway

Slava wasn't happy when he saw the condition Krycek was in. The flashing lightning outside the palace's window highlighted the dark bruises on the young man's body and emphasized the white bandages that covered his back. Krycek stared back at Slava defiantly as the larger man reached forward and gently removed the rings piercing each of his nipples.

"Where are his clothes?" Slava growled.

Captain Jonsen stepped forward and handed Krycek a pile of clothing. The young captain kept an admiring eye focused on the handsome Russian ruler. He was impressed at the large Cossack's powerful presence and the fear he instilled in those around him including his own King.

"What's going on?" Krycek asked as he started slowly pulling on the clothes over his battered body.

"You're coming back to Russia with me, Alexei," Slava said, walking over to the window he watched the thunderstorm flash and rumble outside.

"Why?"

Slava met Krycek eyes in the darkened glass. "For Fox. He would not be happy with your present accommodations," he said lightly.

"You're going to use me so he will return to you, aren't you?" Krycek growled angrily.

"To return to us, Alexei. I intend to keep both of you. Fox will be much happier in Russia with you and I to love and protect him," Slava replied.

"You're out of your frigging mind! We will never stay with you willingly or otherwise," Krycek hissed, pulling the sock on over the metal power cuff.

"I don't expect you to accept your situation right away, Alexei. In time you will come to enjoy your life with me." Slava watched as Krycek slowly and painfully pulled the remainder of his clothes on. He knew from Krycek's mind that Havock had inflicted all of the injuries on his body. He thought reluctantly that he should have just killed Havock, encasing him in ice was too good for the man. "We will be leaving now, Thor. Thank you for your hospitality," Slava said courtly.

"Do drop by again, Nikolai, maybe your next visit will be on friendly terms," the King replied.

Krycek followed Slava to the front entrance of the palace and looked down at the long line of cars that were parked out front. Most of the Tsar's personal guards were already in the other cars waiting patiently for them. Slava shielded both of their bodies from the rain as they made their way down the rain-slick steps to the waiting limousine. Krycek was nervous as he slid into the backseat; he bit his lip against the pain as his back pressed down on the leather-upholstered seat. He couldn't allow Slava to use him as a means to get Fox to return to him.

He looked out the window of the car as it slowly made its way toward the airport through flooded streets. There were steady flashes of lightning illuminating the darkness. He glanced over at Slava. The big man was on the telephone to the airport discussing the current weather conditions and wasn't paying him any attention. The limousine slowed and Krycek saw his chance, he flung open the door and dived out, rolling as he hit the pavement. He quickly regained his feet and raced across an open field. He heard Slava's voice inside his head commanding him to stop and he slowed, coming to a reluctant halt. As he turned back toward Slava his whole world blazed bright white and a searing pain burnt through his body. His last conscious thought before he fell to the ground dead was that at least his Fox was safe.

Slava watched aghast as a bolt of lightning struck Alexei. He ran over to the young man's body and found it burnt beyond recognition. The lightning seemed to have struck the metal power cuff. The cuff was sizzling, sending blue flames throughout Krycek's dead body. Slava's men gathered and stood nearby their Tsar, watching him as he stood in the pouring rain staring grief stricken at the smoldering blacken corpse at his feet.


Five minutes earlier
FBI interim office

Skinner smiled as he stepped onto the elevator to head back up to his office. By tomorrow evening Fox would be pregnant with *his* child. His heart soared at the prospect. The moment the elevator doors slid shut a loud explosion threw him off his feet.

"FOX!" he cried, regaining his feet, he forced the doors open and rushed out. His whole world grayed when he saw his lover's burnt body laying in the burning ruins of his office. The sprinkler system had gone off and he stood too stunned to move as water poured down on him.

Agents came running from all directions and halted in their tracks at the destruction they saw.

Agent Sullivan stepped forward shakily. "Sir, he's an immortal. He'll be fine once he heals."

"He's dead, Jack," Skinner whispered. "The only way to kill an immortal is through incineration," he said sadly. "Someone has done this intentionally." He knelt on the wet carpet beside Fox's body. He was too numb to even feel the broken glass cutting into his knees.

"Sir, he'll be okay. The reports said it takes *total* incineration to kill them. He's only ah ... badly burnt." Sullivan swallowed, he wasn't sure himself if Mulder would recover, his arms and part of his legs had disintegrated. His torso and head were blackened and hairless, but they looked solid enough.

"I want the fucking bastard who did this!" Skinner roared. His grief-stricken cry tore at the hearts of all the agents, save for one.

Lars Johnson stepped up to them, and said quietly, "Sir, Doctor Pendrell is on his way. I've advised him of Mulder's condition."

Skinner closed his eyes and remembered the last time he had thought Fox dead. Maybe, just maybe, there was some hope that Fox would return to him.


Same time
Oslo Norway

After twenty minutes, Slava finally whispered . "Alexei, Fyodorov said you would be reborn by fire. I hope for our Fox's sake that he isn't wrong." The Tsar waved his arm over Krycek's body and a glass coffin appeared around it, encasing his burnt remains. He turned to face his men. "We will take our countryman back to Russia with us." Only Slava knew the rest of what Fyodorov had told him.


Secret Consortium Base
Monday, April 3
8:30 p.m.

"Sir, are you sure that you want to test this serum on yourself first? We can purchase slaves to test it on," the consortium doctor asked worriedly.

"Do it!" CSM barked, holding out his arm for the shot. He watched with fascination as the needle pierced his wrinkled flesh and the blue fluid was injected into his bloodstream. He wasn't a reckless fool by nature. He had studied the scientists' results and knew beyond doubt that this serum would change him into a sorcerer.

He looked lustfully over at the cells where the two fully healed immortals huddled, waiting for a sorcerer to claim them for his mates. He would be that sorcerer, and with them, start a new race of humans.

The smoker closed his eyes as he felt the drug burning through his body, the pain suddenly became unbearable, and it felt like his body was on fire! He screamed, as his whole world blazed into a white nothingness.


Chapter 14 - Bonded

Secret Consortium Base
Thursday, April 6
2:30 p.m.

A rat nudged its pointed nose into the freshly turned earth that filled in a deep trench, and it came up with a bloody strip meat and scurried off with it. Beneath the dirt a man regained consciousness. He discovered that he couldn't move his limbs, and his mind sluggishly determined that something was pressing down on his body from all sides. When he forced his eyes open loose dirt stung his eyeballs, the dirt was loose enough that he was still able to breathe. If he could have screamed his outrage at what had happened to him he would have, but he was lying face up and to do so would have filled his mouth with earth. Those fools had buried him alive, and from the smell of death around him, they had disposed of his body in the pit used to discard the bodies of their animal and human lab experiments.

He franticly struggled, trying to claw his way to the surface, and in his desperation and terror to become free, he triggered his as of yet untapped powers and found himself suddenly above ground lying naked on the hot soil. The sun blazed down on his flesh as he tried to rise. He felt weird, there was a weight on his back and try as he might he couldn't shake it off. He reached back and to his horror discovered the object was an extension of his body. He then noticed his skin, it was a pale shade of translucent white with blue veins marbling its smooth surface and it was cold to the touch. His fingers had sharp claws that came out of their tips, and his feet were no longer remotely human. They resemble something from the bird kingdom, clawed and hooked for gripping and ripping.

The smoker staggered to his feet and made his way to a nearby, stagnant pool. He gazed at his reflection in the murky water, and cried out in horror. His face was still recognizable even with the whitish blue skin. He also appeared to be decades younger and his hair was still there, but darker and thicker. However, it was the massive leathery wings on his back that shocked him most of all. He looked like a bat. Then he noticed his manhood. His long wailing cry could be heard for miles in all directions.


St. Petersburg
Thursday, April 6
7:30 p.m.

Slava looked down at the beautiful young man sleeping in his bed. Upon closer inspection, once they arrived back in St. Petersburg, it was discovered that only the outer layer of skin on Alexei's body had been burnt. It took two days for the most severe burns to heal and the soft flawless flesh to appear. On the second day he had Alexei transferred to his room, to share his bed. The young beauty hadn't regained consciousness yet, but Slava thought it was only a matter of hours now. He placed a cool hand on Krycek's hot, sweat dampened forehead. Krycek seemed to be burning from within as his body went through the final stages of its change. When the change was complete, Russia would have their very own immortal, or more precisely, he would.

Slava marveled at his sheer loveliness. Alexei had always been beautiful, now there was an otherworldliness to his appearance. He was too perfect for this world. Slava ran his fingers through Alexei's thick, silky tresses, their color was a remarkable deep, rich shade of brown. The softness and color reminded him of a wild mink. So different in color from his Fox's multicolor shades of chestnut, but similar in texture and feel.

He smiled at the thought of mating his two beauties with each other, what perfect females would come from such a coupling. Not that the daughters he and Fox had weren't perfect, but they were only human females. The world's doctors overseeing the immortal's pregnancies had discovered that the fetus inside their wombs had picked up the mutation of its father whether sorcerer, clairvoyant, or immortal. Since the immortal's sperm only cared the female gene all babies born from an immortal/immortal coupling would always be an immortal female. While a sorcerer/immortal pairing would produce either a sorcerer male or sorcerer female. He would have sons with both his immortals.

He frowned sadly as his thoughts turned to Fox. He had been informed that someone had tried to kill his wayward lover and that Fox was in far worse condition than Alexei had been in. He had his agents searching for the person responsible. It was beyond his comprehension why someone would wish to destroy something so precious and beautiful as his Fox.

He bent and gently kissed Alexei's pert mouth, before rising to attend to his daughters.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Thursday, April 6
10:30 p.m.

Skinner sat beside the glass-enclosed cylinder that held Fox's body. He finally saw a minute amount of improvement, confirming that Fox was still alive. Silent tears ran down Skinner's cheeks as he remembered how parts of Fox's body had crumbled to ash when he transferred him to the cylinder. He had both the wedding rings that Alex and he had given Fox on a chain around his neck. Doctor Pendrell determined that at the rate of tissue growth it would be weeks, possibly months before Mulder's body fully regenerated.

Skinner buried his head in his hands and sobbed. He had no way to reach Alex to tell him about Fox and ask him to come home, he needed him here. Skinner had thought for sure that Rory and Alex would have been back by now. He couldn't bear going through this alone. The FBI lab had made little progress on finding any evidence that would lead to a possible suspect to this atrocious act. Skinner cursed himself for being careless. The interim offices were hardly secure, anyone could have gained access during the weekend. He should never have agreed to Fox's request to come back to work until they had a more secure facility available.

He looked toward the window surprised to find that it was pitch black outside. Where had the last five hours gone?

"Walter," Scully said softly from the doorway. When Skinner turned to face her she went on. "Come say goodnight to your daughter and niece."

"They're still up?"

"Yes, they're refusing to go to sleep. Walter, I think you could use some sleep yourself."

Skinner sighed. "Dana, I can't leave him. What if he's aware?"

"He wasn't aware the last time he died, only after he was fully healed," Scully reminded him.

The large man gave her a surprised look. "Fox told you about that?"

"Walter, Mulder is my best friend. He's been confiding in me a lot lately."

"I wasn't aware of that, Dana. What else do you talk about?" Skinner asked, wanting any snippet that would bring his lover closer.

Scully smiled, holding out her hand to him. "C'mon, Walter, I'll tell you as we walk to my room."

They were quiet as they walked down the long hallway while Scully pulled her thoughts together and she finally offered, "Mulder asked me all sorts of questions about my pregnancy. He wanted to know what it felt like to have a life growing inside of me, what I thought were good names for boys."

Skinner had a goofy expression on his face as he realized Fox's inquiry into boys names was for their son. He almost didn't hear the rest of what Scully was saying.

"We discussed the world in general. Did you know that Mulder is worried about Hope and Faith? He's afraid that when they are of childbearing age there will be outside pressure for them to get married whether they want to or not."

"Dana, Fox has nothing to be afraid of. Alex and I will never allow anything to happen to our daughters."

"Walter, the country is slowly starting to fragment around us. The national and local governments are losing control as more and more citizens form into clans headed by sorcerers. The human controlled governments cannot stand up against these new clans. The clans are refusing to follow the laws of the United States. In addition, humans are being reduced to second class citizens and in some cases slaves within our own country. Walter, whether you like it or not, Hope and Faith will be considered prizes among these clans," she said, pausing at the door to her room.

"Fox and you discussed this? Christ," Skinner sighed, he was hoping that the problems happening in the southwest would be brought under control, but they seemed to be spreading and getting worse. He knew how much Fox worried lately and wanted to shield him from this latest downward spiral of their society.

"It is a concern to me, Walter. My brothers, nephews, son, and husband are all humans we don't have the protection of a sorcerer or clan. If the government falls then we are at an extreme disadvantage, as are all humans," Scully replied, stepping into her room. Spender sat by the fireplace with both babies on his lap reading them a story. Both pairs of tiny eyes lit up when they saw Walter.

Skinner went over to his daughter and niece and lifted them off Spender's lap. The young man took the opportunity to set the book down and quietly leave. "Dana, if it comes down to that you have my protection and the protection of all the other sorcerers here at the estate and the FBI." Skinner didn't say it but he thought that it might be time to establish his own clan. He would need to build one strong enough that it would stand up to any outside threats to his family. He cuddled his daughter and niece against his chest, and placed a kiss on each of their tiny heads, using his powers he eased them into sleep. No one would dare threaten his family.

"Thanks, Walter," Scully said, watching as the large man placed each of the babies in their cribs. Scully had volunteered to watch them for Skinner until Mulder recovered or Krycek returned.

"They should be fine now, Dana, I'm going back to Fox. I'll see you in the morning," Skinner said, hurrying out of the room and back to his lover's side.


Secret Consortium Base
Friday, April 7
1:30 a.m.

The smoker watched with satisfaction as the last scientist clawed pathetically at his throat trying to get air down his crushed windpipe before turning blue and collapsing to the floor dead. The lab was dead-quiet now except for the fearful whimpers coming from inside the cell where his two immortals clung to each other. All the other occupants of the base were dead and their research into creating the sorcerer mutation destroyed. He had retrieved the secret location to all the back up data from the minds of the scientists before killing them. He would take care of destroying that data and the upper echelon in the consortium who had knowledge of this experiment. He gleefully held up the only existing vial of the formula that had changed him into a sorcerer. The smoker had a pleasant surprise in store for his son Jeffrey, he smiled, "Like father like son."

He walked over to a mirror and admired his new body. After the initial shock had worn off he realized how perfect this body was, it was not old and feeble like his previous body, but indestructible. He had realized that the moment the bullets fired by the guards bounced painfully off him, but didn't penetrate the skin. The smoker wanted to further test how tough his flesh was, so he picked up a scalpel from a tray next to an examination table and placed it against the white, cold flesh of his arm. He bore down until the blade snapped, it hadn't even scratch his skin. He tossed the blade away and spread his wings and marveled at their twelve foot span, he would try to fly with them later. He turned sideways still looking in the mirror, he was taller by a good seven inches. He reached down and stroked his hard cock, it had been erect all the while he was killing the inhabitants here. The smell of the two immortals was making him hornier than he had been in years.

The smoker's hand smoothed over the bristles covering his long shaft, he was able to make them move up and down and go from soft to hard with his mind. He knew their purpose was to stimulate his mate and hold him inside after he released his seed. He wanted to fuck. He looked over at the cell and his two beauties inside, his only problem was deciding on which one of the lovelies to fuck first.

He couldn't wait to breed with them, to impregnate them with his seed. Unfortunately they hadn't developed a womb like the other immortals yet. The scientists had estimated that it would be several months for the orifice and womb to develop. Oh well, he would enjoy their bodies until they were ripe for his seed. He walked over to the cell and used his new powers to open the door.

"Please, don't touch us. Let us go," the beautiful blond-haired Australian begged, shielding his younger cell mate with his body from the monstrosity that stalked toward them. Ian Drew Hennesey was thirty-two, he had been a wildlife photographer before his change, selling his photographs to several top magazines and newspapers worldwide. Being a prisoner of the consortium had been particularly hard on him, he had spent his whole life outdoors amongst nature. At times his confinement was more painful than the tests the consortium doctors and scientists performed on him.

"No, my pet, through you both a whole new race will be born. Our children will be superior to all other life forms on this planet," the smoker purred, his clawed hand tightened around Ian's upper arm and pulled him off the small cot.

"Get your filthy hands off me," Hennesey shouted struggling to free himself.

"Aton, prepare your brother's opening for me," the creature growled as he bent the Australian immortal effortlessly over his hip and spread his thighs apart. His sharp clawed finger teased at the young man's opening, but he didn't attempt to push inside as he did not want to cut him.

The young Egyptian jumped as a tube of lubricant appeared in his hand. "I won't help you rape my friend, and my name is Khalid Kirah! Not Aton!" the immortal hissed. He thought it was blasphemous that the creature would name him after his people's ancient Sun God.

"Your name is whatever I decide it to be, Aton, and you will do exactly what I tell you! I will punish you later for your disobedience," the smoker snapped, using mind control he forced the young Egyptian to comply.

Hennesey stared at the floor bent over this creature hip his head bumped against the large leathery wings. It's skin felt as cold and hard as a block of ice. He felt a gentle, warm touch at his anus, then a slim greased finger slipped inside him, Hennesey knew the touch belonged to Khalid. They had turned to each other for comfort against the long, lonely nights.

Khalid knelt at the smoker's clawed feet, his body's movements were jerky as he slipped another bronzed finger inside his lover's pale ass. A tear ran down his smooth cheek as he continued to stretch and prepare Ian for the monster holding him. They had only been fully healed from their ordeal of being incinerated for three weeks, but during those weeks Khalid had become closer to Ian than anyone else in his life. As the young Immortal prepared his best friend and lover he tried to avoid looking at the nightmare that hung between the creature's legs. After he worked three fingers into Ian, he spent long minutes loosening him before the creature growled.

"Enough, pretty one, moisten my cock."

The smoker again had to seize control of the young immortal's mind to force Khalid's lips to his cock.

Khalid couldn't get his mouth around the monster's enormous cockhead. Instead he used his tongue to lap around the head, he cringed slightly at the dark, smoky tasting precum. As he licked up the shaft he encountered the bristles and couldn't prevent himself from gagging.

The smoker sighed, watching the young man empty his stomach on the floor between his feet. After Khalid was finished, he growled impatiently, "Just lube it with your hands, boy." His arm was still holding the Australian bent over his hip. He didn't have to use physical force to restrain his immortal, he could have held Ian still with mind control, but he enjoyed his body's new strength.

When his cock was slick, he hauled Ian to his feet and positioned him against the wall. Kicking his feet apart, he placed the large head of his cock against the young man's entrance and thrust the head in through the tight ring of muscles.

Ian shrieked in pain and tried to get away as the creature pushed more of his cock inside. He whimpered, the pain was too much, and his muscles clenched trying to keep the intruder out.

When the smoker wasn't watching the young Egyptian as he reached under the mattress of his cot and pulled out a metal rod three feet long. Ian had disassembled part of his cot the previous night, they had been planning on using it to escape. Khalid crept up behind the six foot ten inch creature, it was a full foot taller than he was, and he knew that he would have to split its skull if they were to escape. The Egyptian brought the steel pipe down with as much force as he could. The sound of the impact echoed across the lab. Khalid suddenly found himself thrown back against the bars and held two feet off the ground with his hands and legs spread out against the cold steel. He couldn't move a muscle and was forced to watch his friend and lover getting mercilessly raped.

The smoker's arms were wrapped around the young, muscled body beneath him helping the young immortal to remain on his feet. He kissed the golden locks on Ian's head, enjoying the anguished whimpers elicited from the young man's lips. CSM couldn't remember sex ever being so good, the tight heat of the young muscular body felt so much better than any woman he'd ever had.

Ian moaned as he felt the bristles teasing his anus and rectum, soon pleasure overcame pain his cock filled with blood and jutted out away from his body. No, he did not want to feel this way. A hideous creature was raping him; he tried to focus on the feel of the too-cold flesh against his back and the frigid breath on the back of his head. That helped his erection ease up slightly until the creatures clawed hand wrapped around it, bringing it back to life.

"You cannot deny that you are enjoying our coupling, my pretty Azure," the smoker purred. "My blue-eyed, golden-haired beauty. I shall dress you and Aton in the finest silks, and adorn you both in gold and jewels. You will make me the envy of all the other world leaders." CSM pushed harder and faster into the heat of his immortal, he felt his orgasm cresting and moved his hand along his immortal's cock wanting to bring him over the edge with him.

Ian shrieked as the creature came, its bristles hardened almost painfully, locking their two bodies together. Ian's seed shot out in milky spurts hitting the wall of the cell, his muscles clenched down on the bristles, shooting pain and pleasure up his spine. He slumped unconscious in the smoker's arms.

Cancerman gently pulled out, and scooped the unconscious immortal up in his arms and laid him on the cot. He then focused his attention on his pretty Aton still held spread eagle against the bars, and the creatures penis swelled and lengthened as he walked toward the frightened young man.


St. Petersburg
The Winter Palace
Friday, April 7
9:30 a.m.

The first thing that Alex became aware of was the sweet fragrance of flowers. The second was that his body felt different, lighter, less weighed down by the pains of life. He slowly opened his eyes and was amazed by the colors that danced before them. The high arched ceiling over the bed had an exquisite, erotic mural painted on it. Alex gasped when he realized it was of his Fox. He didn't look as lovely as he did in real life, but it was a good likeness nonetheless, right down to the size and shape of his erect penis. The colors were remarkable and he stared at it mesmerized. He was too overcome by sensations to question where he was or what he was doing there.

Alex sat up and glanced around the rest of the bedroom. The sunlight pouring in through the high windows reflected off the crystals on the chandelier and cast an array of rainbows across one of the walls. Alex sat stunned over the vivid colors, he had never seen anything so amazing. His eyes drifted to the large bouquet of flowers as a sense of surrealism washed over him, he felt like he had awoken in a dream world. The colors and details his eyes were picking up were like none he'd ever beheld before.

"Alexei, I see you have finally rejoined us," Slava said, smiling as he stepped into the room carrying one of his infant daughters.

Krycek's heart fluttered as he stared at Slava and he found himself becoming aroused by the large man's presence. He shook himself suddenly, what was he thinking? He hated Slava. "What happened to me? I can't remember how I got here?"

Slava's nostrils flared slightly as the scent of the immortal excited him, and he almost dropped his baby. His heart leapt to his throat in dismay and he tightened his hold on her, then walked stiffly over to the bed and sat on the edge next to Alexei. "You were struck by lightening, and have spent the past four days recovering and changing."

The wonderful scent of the baby was too much for Alex to resist, he held out his arms for her. Slava transferred the infant into them along with her bottle. The baby had soft brown hair and peered up at him with coal black eyes, through thick lashes. "She's Fox's?" Alex bent and kissed the little baby's forehead as he cuddled her against his bare chest.

Slava smiled, Alexei looked absolutely radiant with the child held lovingly in his arms. "Yes, her name is Anatasja," he murmured, studying the sable-haired beauty and realizing suddenly that he was in love with Alexei. The young man had stolen his heart over the past few days. Only Fox had claimed his undying love so quickly, but there seemed to be a deeper connection between him and Alexei that he couldn't explain.

Krycek watched as the baby suckled from the bottle, worried, he looked up at Slava. "What did you mean, changing?"

"You're an immortal now, Alexei."

"No, that's not possible. I'm a sorcerer! It's impossible to change mutations," Krycek said fearfully.

Slava telepathically called to his daughter's nanny and within seconds the young woman appeared at the bedroom doorway. "My Tsar," Anna said curtseying.

"Anna, please take Anatasja back to the nursery."

After the young woman had left, Slava stood and held out his hand to Krycek. "Come, Alexei."

Krycek ignored his hand and climbed out of bed, trying to avoid contact with Slava's body.

Slava respected Krycek's wish and kept his hands to himself as he gestured for the obviously nervousness young man to precede him into the bathing room.

Krycek was at first baffled why Slava motioned him in here until he saw the full length mirror. He gasped at the image the mirror reflected back at him. "No, that isn't me. Slava, this is some sort of sick trick you're playing on me!"

"Nikolai," Slava corrected. He walked up behind Krycek and placed his hands on the smaller man's bare shoulders. "This is no trick, Alexei. Somehow God had decided to grace Russia with her own Russian-borne immortal. I've been present throughout your change. It was the most remarkable sight." Slava's hands trailed down as he talked and Krycek stared spellbound into the large man's black eyes, he unconsciously licked his lips with desire. The Cossack's hands splayed across Alexei's belly and pressed the immortal's body back against his. "When your womb is developed we shall have a brood of children together," he purred licking the side of Krycek's throat.

Krycek shot back suddenly with his elbow, catching Slava by surprise. The large man staggered back clutching his sternum.

"Never! Are you out of your fucking mind! I will never have children by you! Or anyone else for that matter! I have no intention of ever being pregnant," Krycek shouted, trembling with fury as the implication of what had happened to him sunk in like a lead weight around his neck.

Slava regained his breath and straightened. "Alexei, you will have no choice when the time comes. You will bear my children for Russia, and when Fox returns to us you will bear each other's children, in addition to mine."

Krycek looked around for a weapon, anything he could use to escape from this place. He needed to get back to Fox and Walter.

"There is no escape, my pretty pet. I will not be as careless with you as I was with Fox," Slava said stalking toward Krycek.

Krycek tried for a spinning kick, but Slava was ready for him and swiftly dodged the foot and caught Alex against his body. Krycek fought like a wildcat as he tried to free himself from the larger man's tight hold. Clawing uselessly at Slava's face as the larger Russian ruler held his wrists away from his body.

Slava chuckled and pushed him up against the tiled wall with a resounding thud and covered Krycek's smaller frame with his larger one. His finger trailed from his possession's delicate ear, across his high cheekbones and down to circle the pink, bowed lips, he bent and captured them with his own. The Tsar's hand kneaded and caressed Krycek's buttocks, pulling him closer against his body.

Krycek stopped struggling as an uncontrollable desire flowed through him, he tried to fight it, but found it impossible. He started kissing Slava back hungrily, rubbing his raging erection against the taller man's fabric-covered thigh.

Slava was taken aback by the younger man's suddenly wanton behavior, his first thought was that it was a trick until he read Alexei's mind and saw the desire there. He quickly unzipped his pants and toed off his shoes, shedding his pants, socks and underwear in one smooth motion, while never breaking contact with Alexei's lips. A tube of lubricant appeared in his hand and he quickly slicked himself up, at the same time he willed Alexei to relax his anal muscles for him.

Krycek wrapped his arms around Slava's neck as his mouth sucked eagerly, hungrily on the larger man's tongue. Slava steered him backward toward the counter and effortlessly lifted the young immortal onto it. Krycek leaned back against the cool surface of the mirror and wrapped his long legs around Slava's hips as he scooted his butt to the counter's edge and shamelessly spread himself open for the larger man.

Slava was being driven wild by the immortal's scent and his sluttish behavior. He tore off his remaining clothing careful not to disturb the long legs wrapped around his waist. His hand shook as he positioned his cock against the tight bud and pushed in with ease. He drove his cock in all the way until his balls rested against the cool edge of the counter. Slava then went back to kissing Alexei's sweet, pink lips.

"Oh God, Alexei, I love you," he purred, raining kisses all over the young man's beautiful face. "Feel my love filling you," Slava purred huskily, his hand sliding between their bodies and grasping Krycek's erection.

"Yes, fuck me, fill me, take me, love me," Krycek chanted, his legs tightened around Slava's waist. He loved the feeling of the large organ filling and stretching him. He was light-headed with desire, the feeling was better than any high he'd ever had from heroin.

"Anything you want, my beautiful Alexei," Slava said, sliding his cock out then thrusting it back into the tight heat. His heart soared at Alexei's moan of pleasure. Slava's hand found purchase on the younger man's buttocks as he pulled him closer to the counter's edge and drove his cock in deeper and harder. He was encouraged further by Krycek's cries and watched as the younger man closed his eyes, tossing his head back and losing himself in the sensation of his flesh. "God, you are absolutely beautiful, Alexei."

Krycek smiled at Slava's compliment. For some reason it pleased him that this man found him beautiful. His hands clutched the edge of the counter for leverage as he pushed up to meet Slava's downward thrust. He had never been entered so deeply or filled so tightly in his life, and he gave himself up to the sensations. Never before had he known such naked pleasure, it was different somehow, his rectum seemed to have nerve endings that heightened the sensations of being penetrated, and his entire body was tingling, not just his ass. It felt as if all of his whole being was one big erogenous zone. "Harder, Nikolai."

Alexei's use of his first name pushed Slava over the edge into ecstasy as he thrust one final time and came, filling his younger lover's body with his essence.

Krycek shuddered as the warm fluid flowed into him. He realized that he could actually feel its warmth as it filled his bowels. He had never truly felt, only imagined, the heat of Walter and Fox's semen. Was this due to his change, too? Fox never mentioned it, but then how would Fox know? He'd never had anal sex before his change. None of the immortals at the estate had either, he needed to find one that had and ask him.

Krycek whimpered as Slava withdrew, then he giggled as Slava's tongue tickled his belly. He looked down at the Tsar's full head of black hair as he lapped the semen from his chest and belly. Krycek hadn't even realized he had come, so focused was he on the feeling of the larger man's come spurting into his body. He felt a strange calm wash over him, love, he was in love with Slava. How was that possible?

"Come, my love. I want to bathe you then make love to you again. Slower this time," Slava said, pulling Alex off the counter. Krycek slumped against him, his legs too shaky to hold him upright. Slava tightened his hold around his lover's waist to keep him from falling. The Tsar stood with Alexei's head resting on his shoulder and Alexei's arms wrapped around his middle. Slava's new lover was slightly taller and more muscular than his Fox, and he weighed about twenty pounds more. Slava easily supported Alexei's weight as he waited for him to recover. By the time they made it to the spacious bathing pool it was already filled with warm, fragrant water.

Krycek sank appreciatively down into the soothing water. He rested his head on Slava's chest and traced patterns on the warm flesh with the tip of his finger. He had never experienced such an inner feeling of peace and tranquility. "I can't explain my feelings for you, Nikolai. I should hate you for what you've done to Fox. However, I'm finding that impossible to do. I don't know why I'm suddenly so attracted to you. I can't explain why I want to feel your arms around me or the need I have for you to love me."

"Alexei, you hated me until we kissed. Maybe it's nothing more than a strange chemical reaction between our two bodies," Slava sighed, hoping that it went deeper than that, he wanted Alexei's love, the type of love that Fox had never given him.

Krycek was startled by the sadness in the larger man's voice. Could this be what it was like to be genetically bonded? "It doesn't matter, Nikolai, what matters is how I feel for you now."

Slava bent and kissed Alexei's head, his hand trailed down to cup one firm buttock. He wondered how long it would take for Alexei to come to his senses and realize that he still hated him.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Friday, April 7
1:30 p.m.

Hans Schatz's lips quivered as he read the letter from King Gullbrand. He looked up at Marat Fyodorov angrily. "You're part of this, aren't you?"

"No, Hans, I'm only the messenger. King Gullbrand's lead clairvoyant is a distant cousin of mine. I'm going back to Russia and my Tsar. I will take you with me and drop you off in Norway, if you would like?" Fyodorov offered uncomfortably. He didn't like doing his cousin's dirty work. He should have been on his way back to Russia by now, not risking his life bringing the young immortal a ransom note.

"No. I am not going with you, but neither are you going back to Russia," Schatz replied calmly.

Fyodorov was a bit taken a back when he saw the look of strength and determination in the young immortal's blue eyes. He realized that he and his cousin had misread this immortal's innocence as naiveta, and now he was about to pay for that mistake.

"Ah, look, Hans, if you do not wish to go that is fine. I need to be leaving now," he said, realizing it was already too late, that Hans had been in telepathic communication with his lovers.

When he turned to flee out the door he ran smack dab into Frohike's fist and crumbled to the floor.

"Ouch! Dammit! I think I broke my hand," Frohike cried out, bouncing around Fyodorov's unconscious body, he held his hand cradled against his chest.

"Come here, Melvin, let me see." Schatz held out his hand to his lover, just as Hunter came rushing into the library.

Fyodorov had started to come around and Hunter hauled him roughly to his feet.

"Hans, what is going on?" Hunter asked, watching as Hans healed Frohike's bruised hand.

Schatz placed a kiss on the older man's knuckles. "Gabriel, Rory and Alex were captured by Gullbrand's men a week ago. Alex is now in Russia with Slava. Gullbrand is holding Rory and Jonathan hostage. He will free them if I turn myself over to him," he said, handing Hunter the letter from Gullbrand.

Frohike glared at Fyodorov. The Russian had his hand over his eye and was clearly afraid.

"You've been blocking Jeff and I so we couldn't see that Alex and Rory were captured or in danger. Why? You can't go back to Russia, if you do Slava will kill you. What did you have to gain by betraying the hospitality we've shown you?" Frohike asked, having a hard time controlling his temper.

"You are wrong. Slava has forgiven me and has guaranteed me my old position back," Fyodorov said defiantly.

Hunter shook the small man. "Why would Slava forgive you? What did you give him?"

Fyodorov peered up at him smugly. The little man's left eye was swelling shut. "I gave him what is rightly Russia's to begin with, our own immortal."

The three men were clearly baffled. "What to you mean, Marat? Russia doesn't have an immortal," Schatz said.

"It does now. Alexei Krycek is her immortal."

"WHAT!"

Fyodorov went on, there was no longer any need for secrecy. "The change Alexei had been going through would have eventually left him human again. Only he suffered a freak accident while in the midst of the change. He was wearing an anti-power cuff on his ankle and when Alexei tried to escape the cuff was struck by lightening causing a reaction to take place within his body. Instead of being killed, he was mutated into an immortal." The Russian clairvoyant tried to appease his captors and said, "My friends, there is no need to worry, Alexei is safely in the Tsar's hands where he belongs. The Tsar will never allow anything to happen to him. Now if you don't mind I think that I'll be leaving."

"The only place you're going is to jail," Frohike growled.

"On what charge? I have done nothing legally wrong. My misleading you and young Jeffrey isn't a crime," the Russian replied indignantly.

Hunter pushed the little man into a chair. "We cannot legally arrest you, but you are not leaving here. We can't take the chance that you will tip off Gullbrand or Slava to our intentions for getting our family members back."

"King Gullbrand will know immediately if Hans does not make contact with him. Then he will kill Mr. MacIver ... " Fyodorov stopped speaking when he spotted Shinji Takeda standing in the doorway.

Takeda felt the world around him dim as he shakily walked into the room; he had been deathly worried about his lover. Rory and Alex should have been back with Jonathan days ago. "Hans, what's going on? What's happened to Rory?"

Hans rose and wrapped his arms around the smaller man and guided Takeda over to his chair and helped him to sit. He took Takeda's smaller hand in his as he knelt next to the chair. "Shinji, he's going to be okay. King Gullbrand is holding him hostage, but he won't hurt Rory as long as I turn myself over to him."

"Hans, you can't do that. There has to be another way," Takeda said, looking pleadingly at Hunter. "Have you talked to Walter?"

"No, Shinji, we just found out." Hunter sighed, "I hate to bother him with this, but we're going to need his help to rescue our friends," Hunter looked at Fyodorov then Frohike. "We'll lock him up in the storage room off the wine cellar. Then we'll call a family meeting."


Alex turned around in Slava's arms and cuddled against his broad chest. He playfully nipped at Slava's nipple, delighting in the taste of the salty flesh. He had never felt this way toward anyone other than Fox. Even Walter didn't touch his heart the way his Nikolai had. Nikolai, Alex smiled, he hadn't questioned too deeply why the man he had hated with a passion a few hours ago he now loved with all of his heart. Fox should be here with them, he wanted to feel the warmth of both men against his body.

Slava smiled down at the head resting against his chest and ran his fingers through the tousled, silky hair. He was beside himself with happiness, Alexei had told him that he loved him. Slava couldn't believe his luck, he thought he'd have to work for months before Alexei would even accept being in his bed. He had never won Fox's love, but in a few short hours he had Alexei swearing his undying love for him. Slava still loved Fox, but his love for Alexei was different, they had a connection that he and Fox never shared.

Krycek sighed contentedly and closed his eyes falling into an exhausted sleep.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Friday, April 7
3:30 p.m.

Skinner ran his hand over his scalp as he paced over to the window. He couldn't leave Fox, not now, not ever. He was pissed, no one messed with his family. No more. He had enough. He'd followed the rules his whole life, but the game had been change. To win he needed to make up his own rules. Skinner turned back to Scully and the men in the room. "King Gullbrand's men are spread out around Scandinavia putting down resistance to his reign, and he also has an active campaign going against Denmark. His forces are spread thin. I think it is time that we retrieve our citizens from the coalition countries. I'm going to assemble teams of sorcerers and clairvoyants from the FBI, CIA, NSA, and the Special Forces. Gabriel, Kazuo, I want you to accompany the team in rescuing our people from Gullbrand."

Worried, Scully looked at him. "Walter, Congress is still debating how they want to get our people back, they're talking trade sanctions. They'll never approve your request to send in teams of sorcerers to those countries," she said.

"Screw Congress," Skinner growled. "I don't plan on requesting approval, not when my family's and friends' lives are in danger. I won't stand by any longer and watch our countrymen wither in slavery, not when I can do something about it!"

Hunter smiled at the fire he saw blazing in the depths of Skinner's eyes. "How many sorcerers are you talking about, Walter?" he asked. If anyone could assemble a large fighting force it was Skinner. The A.D. had garnered a lot of support amongst the different government agencies and military during the invasion. It was his leadership that had eventually turned the tide against the invaders.

"Five or six thousand should do it," Skinner replied.

"Thousand!" Frohike whistled. "Gullbrand will wet his pants when he sees a force that size on his border."

"That's the idea, Melvin. If I sent in five hundred sorcerers, Gullbrand would put up a fight. However, he would never dare fight against five thousand of America's best sorcerers. He's too smart for that. Gullbrand will turn over our people, including Rory and Jonathan," Skinner said.

"Then it's on to Russia to rescue Alex?" Frohike questioned.

Skinner frowned. "No. Slava's forces are forty times as large as Gullbrand's. I would need a lot more than five thousand sorcerers to go up against him on his own soil."

"How do you plan to rescue Alex then?" Schatz asked.

"I plan to go to Russia myself and bring Alex home once Fox is better," Skinner replied, he had no idea how he'd do that but he would. He was still having a hard time grasping that his half-brother was now an immortal.

"Walter, it could be weeks or months before Mulder is well. You can't leave Alexei in Slava's hands for that long!" Pyetr Yermolov snapped.

"I have no choice! Don't you think I want Alex back? But I can't risk thousands of men's lives to rescue him. Pyetr, he's an immortal now! A Russian immortal. You know that Slava and the Russian people are not going to give him up without a fight," Skinner growled.

Yermolov suddenly looked apologetic. "I'm sorry, Walter. Of course you are right. Russia will never give up Alexei."

"Melvin, can you sit with Fox? I need to start organizing our forces." Skinner had several sorcerers in mind to lead his army against Gullbrand and the rest of the coalition. He needed to convene a meeting with them. The operation had to get underway in the next forty-eight hours.

"Sure, Walter. Hans and I will both sit with him until you get back," Frohike said.

"Melvin, I'm going to need Hans with me. I want him to go with Gabriel and our forces to Germany."

"No. He could call Gullbrand from the estate he doesn't have to leave the country!" Frohike growled.

"That wouldn't work. Gullbrand will only believe Hans is on his way to him if he receives the message in flight over the Atlantic. I want Gullbrand to be taken totally by surprise when five thousand sorcerers surround his country. I don't want to give him time to call the other coalition countries for reinforcements."

Hunter looked over at Frohike. "Don't worry, Melvin, I won't let any harm come to him."

"See that you don't, Gabriel," Frohike said, accepting reluctantly that it was important for the mission's success to have Hans along.


The Winter Palace
Monday, April 10 6:30 a.m.

Krycek stood at the edge of the roof and leaned against the gold railing overlooking St. Petersburg and watched the sunrise. The roof garden was only assessable from the Tsar's private apartments. Krycek looked around the roof at the statues and flower pots, it must be beautiful up here in the summer. The stone pots were still full of snow, but most of the roof and benches were snow free. Krycek took a deep breath relishing the crisp freshness of the early morning air, spring was in the air. He walked over to a stone bench and sat to think about the strange twist his life had taken.

He had been with Slava for four days now and didn't regret for an instant the love he felt for Slava. The man was interesting, highly intelligent, and handsome. The callous mobster that he knew from years ago seemed to have been replaced by a firm but compassionate leader. Krycek wondered if the babies hadn't helped in changing Slava's disposition. Children had a way of mellowing people. He frowned sadly, he missed his daughter and niece. He missed Fox and Walter, too. Krycek frowned something wasn't right about his feelings for Slava, he tried to put his finger on it. However, he was unable to think past his desire and love for Nikolai.

Slava stood in the open doorway that led down to his apartments and watched Krycek. The sunlight was shining off Alexei's rich sable hair, framing his angelic face. He glanced around the roof at the frozen garden he had built for Fox. Fox. His Fox. He still wanted him as much as he wanted Alexei.

Alex felt Slava's presence, he turned and smiled up at him, and as if he were reading the Tsar's mind he said, "Fox should be here with us, Nikolai, we can both protect and love him. I'm sure in time he will learn to love you as much as I do. I want to phone him and ask him to come. However, Walter would never understand, he'll never allow Fox to leave him," Krycek sighed. "I should at least call Fox to tell him I'm okay. I don't want him to worry. I need to check on my daughter, too," he said, chewing thoughtfully on his bottom lip. He didn't like being separated from Fox and Faith. He'd work at convincing Fox that Nikolai wasn't the monster they'd thought him to be, and maybe he could convince Walter to share Fox with them. Allow Fox to come live here with them every other month. He frowned sadly; he wanted to be with Walter too, so that wouldn't work. A foursome was definitely out.

Slava frowned, he hadn't wanted to tell Alexei about Fox's accident, but there was no way he could avoid it now. "Alexei, I need to tell you something about Fox, but I want you to promise me that you'll remain calm."

"What? Don't you want him here with us?"

Slava sat next to Alex on the bench taking his hand. "That's not it, my love. I want Fox to be with us. I love him as much as I love you. Someone in your FBI tried to kill Fox. From what my agents have discovered about his condition, it will be quite some time before Fox will be well enough to join us here."

All color drained from Krycek's face. "I must go to him," he said, standing up.

Slava grabbed his wrist and hauled him back down. "Alexei, as much as it pains me to deny you anything, I cannot allow you to leave. Fox will be fine, you can do nothing for him."

Krycek pulled away and stood straight, he eyes locked with Slava's. "I'm an immortal. That means I have the ability to heal, so you see, Nikolai, there is something I can do for Fox."

"Alexei, there are four immortals at Foxfire Glenn Estate. They can heal Fox, you don't have to go. I don't want to lose you, not so soon after we've finally found each other. Please, stay," Slava pleaded for the first time in his life, he didn't have it in him to force Alexei to stay with him. He knew if he did, he'd likely lose the love that his beautiful lover had for him.

Krycek sat on the bench and pulled the handsome Russian ruler into his arms. "Nikolai, all the immortals at Foxfire Glenn are pregnant, they wouldn't be able to heal Fox, not without taking the chance that they may harm their unborn babies. I promise that I'll come back to you, but I must go to him."

"Very well, Alexei, I will go with you. We will take my private jet," Slava said standing, helping his lover to his feet.


Amaranthine Temple
New Orleans
Monday, April 10 9:30 a.m.

Reverend Xsavior knelt on the stone floor within the temple room of his church. The projection of the large Seraphim stood before him. "My Lord, the gateway will be ready within the month."

"Very good, Xsavior, you have served me well. I shall see that you are amply rewarded for your loyalty," King Xowolfe purred, gazing down with contempt at the other humans supplicating themselves before him. He would see that they were all amply rewarded indeed.

"Is there anything else, my Lord, requires?" Xsavior asked, staring up at the beautiful, sable winged being.

"I will need to know Fox Mulder's precise location when I arrive on your world. See that you have the information ready for me."

"Yes, my Lord." Xsavior could almost taste the powers that the Seraphim would be rewarding him with for his loyal service. He would be elevated above the sorcerers with the powers he would gain.

King Xowolfe stepped off the communication portal ending the contact with the humans. Xobonoa stood waiting for him. "My King, do you think it is wise to kill these creatures once you gain access to the gateway?"

"They are insects, Xobonoa. They betray their own people, what use do I have for their kind?"

"They are loyal to you. They may prove useful once we gain access to Earth."

"I will take your advise to heart, my brother. Tell Xochipilli that I would like to see him and Xoric for the evening meal," the King commanded as he left the portal room.


Alaska
Monday, April 10 9:30 a.m.

The consortium assassins stood trembling, from both cold and fear, on the frozen tundra as the terrifying creature they knew was their boss gave them orders. They jumped as he tapped a hooked claw against the chest of their fellow assassin. A claw that could disembowel a man in a heartbeat.

"I want my castle built here," the smoker said, pointing with a clawed finger to the top of the mountain that looked over the Alaskan countryside. His other hand held two gold leashes that were attached to gold collars around his beautiful immortals' throats. Both his beauties were swathed in furs from head to toe to protect them from the cold Alaskan climate. The cold did not bother the smoker, it felt soothing against his flesh. "See that the n'thral slaves are purchased and brought here immediately. I want the construction to begin at once," he said, puffing a cigarette.

"Ah, sir, what do we use for building materials?"

Cancerman waved his hand and tall piles of cut timber, stone, and marble appeared on the snow cover ground. "You can start with this. Send men down to the states to their Builder's Depot for whatever else you need. Here is the floor plan I expect you to follow," the smoker said, handing the assassin a several tubes of rolled blueprints and a briefcase. "There is two million U.S. dollars inside, if you need more ask." Tugging on the leashes he clicked his tongue, "Come, my beauties, I will show you our temporary home until the castle is built." He pulled them in the direction of a large log cabin.

Ian gazed around the rough Alaskan terrain. He had come here twice on photo shoots. If he and Khalid could escape, he was sure that he'd be able to get them safely through the Alaskan wilderness and eventually across the ocean and back to Australia.


St. Petersburg
Monday, April 10 11:30 a.m.

The Tsar's personal secretary came running down the palace steps stopping in front of the Tsar's limousine. Slava stood beside it giving final instructions to two of his Generals. As Sidorov waited, he glanced into the back of the limo at Krycek. The young immortal appeared agitated and upset.

Slava's voice interrupted his thoughts. "What is it, Sidorov?"

"Tsar Nikolai, you have an urgent call from King Gullbrand," he said, handing Slava the cell phone he was carrying.

"Thor, make it quick I'm on my way to America," Slava said, sliding into the back of his limousine and motioning for the driver to go.

"Nikolai, I need your help. My country is under attack by the Americans."

Slava pulled Krycek next to him and turned the phone so his lover could listen into the conversation. "What did you expect? You attacked them first and you have enslaved their citizens. Although, I'll admit that I'm surprised they're attacking you so soon. I would have expected them to wait a few more months, until they had exhausted all diplomatic avenues first."

"It's that American sorcerer Walter Skinner, he went against his government and launched this attack himself," Gullbrand said indignantly. "He's going to go after you next, Nikolai. You are holding his brother against his will, so it would benefit you to help me now."

"I don't think so, Thor. Alexei is with me willingly. In fact, we are on our way to see Walter Skinner in America. Take my advice, my friend, give the Americans what they are after and hope that they don't decide to avenge themselves upon you."

Krycek leaned back and turned his head away, he looked out the tinted windows as the car drove through the city. He was angry with himself. Since he started sharing Slava's bed he hadn't given a second thought to Rory or Jonathan. They could have been killed for all his selfishness. What was happening to him? He hadn't even thought about calling Fox until today. Here Walter was stoically fighting to rescue Rory and the captured Americans all while he was probably going out of his mind with worry over Fox. Krycek remotely heard Slava end the call with Gullbrand.

Slava chuckled as he wrapped his arm around Krycek. "That brother of yours is a true Russian. He'd have made me a great General. He somehow managed to pull together a force of over five thousand sorcerers. He ... " Slava stopped talking when he sensed that something was wrong with his lover. "Alexei, what is it?"

"Nikolai, don't take this wrong, but there is something seriously wrong with the feelings we are having for each other. I think you were right when you said it might be a chemical reaction. Shinji had found a link between immortals and some of their lovers that connects them genetically. I think we may be genetically bonded."

"What does it matter, Alexei? We love each other, is that wrong?"

"Yes. The feelings that I have for you are so strong that they have caused me to forget about my family and friends. I've put you before Walter. I was willing to steal Fox from him, not even thinking about what that would do to him."

"What are you saying, Alexei?" Slava's heart ached, he was afraid that Alexei was going to walk out of his life.

"What I am saying, Nikolai, is that when we get to America I will be going to Foxfire Glenn alone. I don't want you near Fox. He cannot be part of what we have together. Fox belongs with Walter." Krycek watched Slava's face closely.

"Then you will be coming back to Russia with me?"

"Yes. However, I won't be living with you on a permanent basis. I will be dividing my time between you and Fox and Walter," Krycek replied.

"So, Walter Skinner gets you and Fox," Slava was having a hard time keeping his temper. He didn't like this arrangement at all.

Krycek expected this reaction and knew he had to defuse it quickly or else Slava would refuse to allow him to leave at all. He turned around in his seat and straddled Slava's lap, holding the larger man's head between his hands, Alex kissed him for all he was worth. He was trying to assure Slava that he wasn't losing him, it would all be worth it to share him and forget about Fox. He pulled back and looked into the Cossack's lust-filled, ebony pools. "If you don't agree to this, Nikolai, you will lose everything that we have found together."

"You're a sneaky bastard, Alexei. You leave me no choice but to agree. Come, our plane awaits," Slava said gruffly, and waited for the driver to open their door. He would eventually find a way to get both Fox and Alexei, but for now he couldn't risk losing Alexei's love.


Chapter 15 - Inner Turmoil

Oslo
Monday, April 10 4:30 p.m.

King Gullbrand looked on with disgust as Rory MacIver affectionately embraced a young Japanese major. He didn't question what a Japanese officer was doing with an American military unit; he knew all about Major Kazuo Sawada and his connection to America and MacIver. Gullbrand glanced over the hostile faces of the Americans filling his throne room, his country was under their control. His only small bit of satisfaction came from watching Havock who stood beside him fuming. The Australian was losing all of his hard gained slaves, too.

"Damn, Kazuo, you're a sight for sore eyes," MacIver drawled.

Sawada looked his friend over carefully for any signs of mistreatment. "Rory, were you treated okay?"

"Surprising I was treated well, which is more than I can say about how these bastards treated Alex! Kazuo, he was in bad shape the last time I saw him. They told me that Slava has Alex now," MacIver growled bitterly.

"We know where Alex is, Rory. Don't worry, Walter will think of a way to get him back. We must get you and Jonathan safely back home. Shinji told me not to come back without you or I'd be sleeping on the sofa," Sawada quipped, smiling, before turning to the tall, handsome, black man at MacIver's side. "Jonathan, it is good to see you again. Dana has been going out of her mind with worry," he said, shaking the doctor's hand.

"Kazuo. How is Dana?" Doctor Carter asked, gripping the major's hand.

"She says she's fine, but I don't think she's been getting enough sleep for a woman in her condition."

Carter's eyes turned sad. "This must have been difficult for her. So now what?"

"We have helicopters standing by to take us back to Germany, from there we take a transport plane back home," Sawada informed his two friends. "If you'll both excuse me for a moment." Sawada turned and walked over to an American colonel who was heading up the operation to recover the imprisoned Americans from all the coalition countries. The colonel had been barking orders to his men as they attached power cuffs to Gullbrand's and Havock's sorcerers.

"Colonel Drake, Walter Skinner wants this man sent back to prison in America. He is an escaped serial killer," Sawada said, nodding his head toward Havock.

Havock balked at the mere mention of going back to prison. "Wait one bloody minute! The United States has no jurisdiction over me!" he growled.

"Shut up, Aussie! Consider yourself lucky that I don't just take you out back and put a bullet through your head," the Colonel snapped, turning to two large marines. "Put this man in irons!"

"Thor, do something," Havock said as the marines started attaching leg irons around his ankles over the steel anti-power cuff that was already there.

Gullbrand ignored his friend and spoke to the Colonel. "What are your intentions in regards to my country, Colonel?"

Colonel Drake gritted his teeth, he wanted to teach this bastard a lesson for attacking his country and enslaving his citizens. However, he was a trained military man and well disciplined to follow orders. "I am here to retrieve the Americans you abducted from my country, and nothing more. As long as you and your people don't give us any trouble no one will be killed or harmed."

"We'll give you no trouble, Colonel. Take your people and go." Gullbrand turned and walked up the few steps to his throne and sat, he watched as Havock was forcefully dragged from the room. He needed to regroup after this defeat. He knew that he had gotten off easy this time, he'd be more careful from now on. He'd find a way to get Hans.


Russian Embassy
Washington, DC
Monday, April 10 5:30 p.m.

Walter Skinner drove his SUV through the gates of the Russian Embassy. He had been surprised and relieved when Alex had called him and asked to be picked up from here. Skinner parked in front of the entrance and made his way up the steps. Two guards stationed out front opened the doors for him and he stepped into the lobby and stopped dead in his tracks. Alex was waiting for him, standing next to Slava. Skinner didn't give the large Cossack a second glance; he was too surprised by Alex. Alex was absolutely breathtaking. Skinner realized that until this moment he hadn't really believed that Alex had become an immortal. Alex bestowed a radiant smile on him. His pearly white teeth glowed against pink bowed lips, making Skinner's cock twitch with lust.

Krycek walked over to Skinner. "Walter, thanks for picking me up," he said, hugging and kissing him. "Nikolai, refused to allow me to drive myself home. God, now I know how Fox feels."

"Nikolai," Skinner mouthed. "Alex, how are you? He didn't hurt you, did he?" He nodded toward Slava as his hand lovingly caressed the side of Alex's face, stroking over the smooth flesh of his cheek as he stared into eyes greener than an Irish glade.

"Walter, Nikolai would never hurt me," Krycek protested. "Let's go home, I'm anxious to be with Fox."

Skinner wanted to ask Alex what the hell was going on. He expected Alex to head for the door, but instead the young man turned and walked back over to Slava. What Alex did next appalled and shocked Skinner. He watched in stunned silence as his half-brother and lover kissed Slava hungrily, wantonly.

Alex rested one hand on Slava's broad chest while looking into his lover's eyes. "I'll be gone for at least a few weeks, Nikolai. After Fox recovers there are a few issues we need to work out first before I can return to you."

"Alexei, I cannot be without you for that long," Slava said, pulling him into a tight embrace, not wanting to let him go.

"I don't want to be apart from you that long either, but Fox is more important to me than my own needs and desires. I have to be with him now."

"I will fly back to this country each weekend, Alexei. I would like you to join me here," Slava said softly, kissing his lover's sweet lips.

Krycek sighed happily against his lips. "I'll see you in five days then."

Skinner finally found his voice, he was furious, the tendons in his neck were straining and his face took on a deep shade of red as he roared, "ALEX, WHAT THE *HELL* IS GOING ON? YOU'RE NOT FUCKING THIS BASTARD, ARE YOU?"

Krycek tensed then slowly walked away from Slava. "Walter, calm down. It's a long story, I'll tell you on the drive back to the estate," he replied calmly, grabbing the large man's hand, he started to pull Skinner out of the embassy when Slava's voice called out to him.

"Alexei, you tell your *brother* that you are mine and that we *love* each other."

"LOVE! WHAT THE FUCK DOES HE MEAN BY LOVE?" Skinner bellowed as Krycek dragged him down the steps to his SUV.

"Stop shouting and get the fuck in the truck, Walter. I'll drive, it's obvious that you're in no condition to," Krycek snapped, taking the keys from the pocket of Walter's jeans.

Skinner climbed in the passenger side still pissed, but his voice was quieter. "Alex, that man kidnapped and raped Fox. How can you be in love with someone like that? What do you think this will do to Fox when he finds out?"

"Walter, I hadn't planned for this to happen. I can't expect you to understand the way I feel -- I feel complete with Nikolai, he's a part of me. Even now I feel a deep ache in my heart at being separated from him." Krycek steered the SUV onto the freeway.

"What are you going to do? Leave us for him?" Skinner asked bitterly.

Alex emitted a sad chuckle. "I could never leave you or Fox. You are both a part of my life, Walter. I love you and Fox too much to ever let go. I want to divide my time between here and Russia."

Skinner sighed sadly, staring out the window at the passing scenery. "Why do I suddenly have a feeling of dajà vu?"

"I'm sorry, Walter. It was never my intention to hurt you."

"You're genetically bonded with him aren't you?"

"I ... I think so."

"Then we just need to find a way to cure you," Skinner said with hope.

"It's not a disease, Walter."

"It's not normal, Alex."

"Whatever," Krycek muttered.


China
Monday, April 10 6:30 p.m.

Emperor Kong Woo Long reined in his horse and admired the sweeping valley below with it lakes and rice paddies. He saw several small villages scattered across the lush terrain. Sitting in front of him in the saddle was his immortal mate Li Chou. Kong's hand covered the slight swell of his immortal's abdomen, Chou was ripe with his child. He affectionately kissed the back of the young man's head. On the high ground above this fertile valley he would build a stronghold for his love and their future children.

Kong turned in his saddle and motioned for his general. "Put the slaves to work here, General Zhu."

Duffy watched the Emperor from his position in the long line of slaves following behind Kong's massive army on foot. He could easily see over the heads of the human slaves, some of who had started seeking his protection from the other n'thral slaves. Duffy worried about what would happen when his supply of sexual suppressants ran out. Each dosage lasted three months and he only had three dosages left.

From the cover of a nearby forest several pairs of eyes watched the large army with it long line of slaves. One pair in particular stare with amazement at the giant n'thral in the center of the column, who was surrounded by human slaves. What sort of n'thral was this that humans would go to for protection? The blue eyes blazed with a bright passion as he watched the muscular n'thral scoop up a small boy and perch him lovingly on his massive shoulder so the boy could see over the heads in the column. The young man adjusted the black scarf he wore around his head. It hid his features, covering his hair, nose, and mouth, only his eyes were visible, and those he took pains to conceal behind dark sunglasses. The rest of his outfit was also black. Leather britches and boots, topped by a loose black cotton shirt. Over that he wore a long, black duster. The only color came from the tortoise handled throwing knives that protruded from the tops of his boots. He carried other weapons on his lean body, but none of those were visible.

"C'mon, Ari, we need to get back to the village and pack. This part of China has just gotten too hot for our presence," a roguish Australian whispered into the ear of his taller companion. Then he cautiously moved deeper into the forest away from the advancing army. The other four men in the group crept after him.

Ari Summers stood there a moment longer watching the n'thral who held an unexplainable fascination for him. He went out of his way to avoid all contact with n'thrals, while he could disguise the way he looked, he couldn't disguise the way he smelled. The anti-pheromone drug worked on his human and sorcerer companions, but it wasn't strong enough to totally dissuade n'thrals if they got too close to him. He glanced one final time at the giant before turning and following his companions.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Monday, April 10 7:00 p.m.

Krycek was weeping as he hugged his daughter. He had missed her a lot, but hadn't realized how much until this moment. What kind of father was he, to put another man before his own child? Faith had looked at him puzzled at first, not recognizing him. His voice finally convinced her that this was her Daddy.

"Daadee," she squealed with delight.

"Oh, Cutie, Daddy missed you. Have you been a good girl for Uncle Walter and Daddy Fox?"

"Fox sleep , Daadee," Faith pouted, her lower lip stuck out as she looked at him sadly.

Skinner caressed the back of the baby's head with his finger. "Ssh, Cutie, Daddy Alex will try to wake Fox. Alex, they both have been crying constantly for Fox. I keep telling them that he is sleeping. I can't even allow them to see him in his present condition." The large man wiped at a tear that made its way down his cheek.

Krycek wiped at his own tears. "Dana, can you take Faith? I want to see Fox now."

He followed Skinner upstairs to the bedroom they had used while suffering from SBS. Fox lay inside a glass-enclosed cylinder. Alex gasped when he saw him. Fox was in a lot worse condition than he had imagined. Krycek turned away and buried his face in Skinner's shoulder, wrapping his arms around the large man, seeking comfort from the pain he was feeling. "Walter, I don ... I don't think I'll be able to heal him all at once," he sobbed bitterly.

"I didn't expect you to, Alex. Just try to heal him little bit at a time," Skinner soothed holding him close as he kissed the top of Alex's head then gently pushed him away. Skinner's hands were on Krycek's shoulders as he stared into two green pools of liquid misery. "Fox is alive, Alex, he needs you -- I need you," he said earnestly.

Skinner's hands trembled as he opened the glass cylinder and stepped back allowing his half-brother access to their lover. He watched as Alex lay a gentle hand on the burnt ruins of Fox's face and chest.

"I'm going to have to sleep afterwards, Walter."

"Don't worry, Alex, I'll take care of you. Just do it," Skinner pleaded.

Krycek tried to do what he'd seen Fox do hundreds of times in the past. He was amazed when he felt the healing energy flow into him and he started channeling it into the love of his life.

Skinner watched excitedly as the warm golden glow surrounded Alex's and Fox's bodies. When the glow faded he was there to catch Alex as he fell, already unconscious. Skinner easily scooped him up into his powerful arms and carried him over to the bed, laying Alex on top of the bed covers. He then went back to Fox and sighed with relief at the marked improvement that he saw. Fox's nose and hair had been re-grown and his limbs had the start of bones. Skinner slowly lowered the lid on the cylinder then went back to attend to Alex.

From past experience with Fox, Skinner determined that Alex would probably sleep for at least two days and he wanted him to be comfortable. Skinner removed Alex's shoes and socks then started unbuttoning his shirt. He had to stop when he had Alex down to only his pants, he held out his hand and a syringe appeared in it. "Alex, you might as well get used to taking an anti-pheromone shot. Because when I make love to you I'd like for you to be conscious," he said, giving Krycek the shot and waiting for his own ardor to diminish before he finished undressing him. He had just gotten Alex settled under the covers when there was a knock on the door. Skinner looked up as Takeda, Blaise, and Hawk strolled into the room. All three men immediately went over to check on Fox.

"He looks better, Walter. We still feel guilty about not being able to use our healing powers to help Mulder," Takeda said, walking over and sitting next to Skinner on the bed.

"We've talked about this before, Shin. I don't want any of you three to jeopardize the health of your unborn babies. Besides, can you imagine the kind of pain Fox would feel if he were the reason that something happened to one of your babies?" Skinner's hand was unconsciously playing with Krycek's thick, silky locks.

Blaise stepped over to the bed and looked down at Krycek. "Well it's lucky for us that Alex is back. He's a beauty isn't he? You're going to have a harder time protecting him than Mulder. Don't you think?"

"Okay you three, what's the bet and for how much?" Skinner asked, looking sternly at them.

"Bet? What bet?"

"Justin, out with it," Skinner growled.

"Okay, big guy, don't blow a gasket. We only placed a bet on the first major blowout between you and Alex over him leaving the estate without your protection. After all, Joe and I need to recoup some of the babysitting hours we've already lost to Shinji, he's up to thirty free hours," Blaise replied.

Skinner closed his eyes as a headache pounded behind his temples. "Changing into an immortal was tough enough on Fox, but it is going to be even harder on Alex, especially after being a sorcerer. He's always been used to going where he's wanted without fear. He'd enter dangerous establishments that most men would steer clear of. Alex is a fighter and he's not going to like or tolerate the need to be protected. So does anyone have three weeks from today picked?"

"Ah, Rory does. He's picked every day from here until May 10th," Shinji said.

"You've heard from Rory?" Skinner asked, surprised.

"Yeah, Walter, I just got off the phone with him. The guys will be home sometime before morning. The mission went successfully. Colonel Drake is arranging for the transportation of all the American prisoners. Kazuo said that Drake would like to discuss the rest of the mission with you and General Kline," Takeda said.

"Damn, I should have been in communication with him hours ago. Shin, would you mind sitting with Alex and Fox? I need to call General Kline," Skinner said, climbing off the bed. He paused in the doorway. "I'm happy Rory is okay, Shin."

"Thanks, Walter," Takeda said.

Skinner had a lot of work to do. Congress was not pleased that he went behind their backs and launched an attack against a sovereign nation. He needed to work at appeasing them, while at the same time strengthening his power base against the possibility that they would take direct action against him and his family. He hoped that the American public would support him once they saw their citizens returning.


China
Wednesday, April 12 10:30 p.m.

Ari Summers removed his clothing and carefully hung each piece up. He placed a knife and a gun next to the full bathtub. "You can leave now, Paul," he said to his childhood friend Paul Danforth. Paul was a sorcerer and he and Ari had been partners in crime for most of their lives. Their families had been neighbors, and the two boys had been best friends longer than either man could remember. They had established a small gang when they were only in their teens, and except for two members who died during a botched bank robbery, all of the gang were still together. They went from petty robbery to drug trafficking to extortion and finally to selling their guns to the highest bidder.

"Is the water hot enough, Ari? I can heat it some more," Paul offered, watching his beautiful red-headed friend sink into the tub. He had used his powers in this small backward village to fill the tub. There was no running water in the small farm house. He stood admiring Ari, outside of himself and their seven member gang no one else had seen Ari's face since he became an immortal almost two years ago.

"The water is fine, Paul, I'd really like some privacy if you don't mind?"

"Ah sure. Just call me if you need anything."

After Paul had left Ari rested his hand over the swell of his belly. He was still embarrassed by his weakness, he had begged Paul to fuck him through his navel, although he had never had the desire to be with another man before and was still a virgin when it came to male-on-male sex. The urge to have a baby had become too uncontrollable. Now he was pregnant with his best friend's baby. Thirty years old, without a home, and pregnant. What would his mother have said? He wanted to go back to Australia. Ari hadn't been able to tell Paul his fear about being in a foreign land when it was time for him to deliver his child.

His mind turned back to the immense n'thral slave who had been on his thoughts constantly. He wanted to see the n'thral again. Ari was surprised that the mere thought of the n'thral aroused him. He had always hated and feared n'thrals, but there was something different about this particular n'thral. Maybe Paul would be able to work out a deal with Emperor Kong for their services, then he could see that giant again.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Saturday, April 15 7:00 a.m.

Krycek sipped from the coffee cup relishing the rich flavor. He had been surprised at the sensual pleasure eating and drinking brought as his taste buds had become more acute after his change. Fox had never mentioned the positive aspects of being an immortal. Krycek glanced over at the cylinder. Fox required at least two more healings, which caused Alex to call Slava to delay their plans to meet for the weekend. Slava had not been happy, but he finally agreed that healing Fox was far more important. Krycek smiled over at Walter who was sitting reading the morning newspaper, the older man had been very attentive to his every need. His smile evaporated as a sharp pain laced through his body causing him to drop the coffee cup.

Skinner leapt to his feet and rushed to Krycek's side. "Alex, what's wrong?" he asked, removing the breakfast tray from off the young man's lap, careful not to spill any of the hot coffee pooled on its surface.

Krycek immediately curled into a ball as the pain became more intense. "God, Walter, it hurts. I don't know what the fuck is wrong!" he cried out.

Skinner realized instantly what was wrong. "Alex, I think you are experiencing sexual withdrawal pains."

Krycek's mind barely heard him, his whole being felt like it was being pulled apart. "Walter, fuck me, please!"

"Are you sure, Alex? Wouldn't you rather wait for Slava?" Skinner couldn't help being cruel, it had been eating away at him that once Fox was healed Alex would be leaving them for Slava.

"Walter, please," Krycek begged.

The sound of pain in his lover's voice had Skinner feeling guilty at using Alex's condition to punish him, and he stripped off his clothes in record time. "Alex, do you realize that once I take you, I'll have a hard time ever letting you go again?"

"I want you, Walter, please don't hold my need for Nikolai against me," Krycek moaned. "Think of Fox! I can't heal him when I'm like this?"

"Alex, Fox has nothing to do with my feelings for you. I'm fucking you because I love you, and I want you. I don't want to see you suffer. I only wish that you wanted and loved me as much as I do you," Skinner said, slicking up his cock he willed Alex's body to relax as he pushed in.

Krycek closed his eyes against the pain. He sighed as Walter filled him, knowing that relief was near. His agony was too great for him to get any sexual pleasure from their coupling as his lover thrust in and out of him. The relief was almost instantaneous as he felt Walter's come shoot into him. He sagged back against the larger man's broad, sweaty chest, feeling the hard pounding of his heart and the shallow breath against his back, the hard cock still inside him.

"Walter, thanks. I don't understand why the withdrawal pains came on so suddenly. Fox always said he had several hours notice," Krycek sighed, pushing back closer to Walter's body and petting the hairy arm that was swung over his waist.

"You probably were asleep when they started." Skinner buried his nose into the back of Alex's hair breathing in his arousing scent. His cock grew harder inside its tight confines, making Alex writhe ever so lovely in his arms.

"Oh God, that's good. Fuck me, Walter," he moaned, squeezing his anal muscles around the hard object penetrating him.

Skinner gasped. He propped himself up over Alex and pulled out then pushed back in. As Skinner fucked him, his mind wandered back to seeing Alex kissing Slava. Alex was his as much as Fox was his, and he didn't like the thought of Alex going back to that black-hearted Cossack. "What does Slava give you that I can't give you, Alex?" he asked, twisting his hips and driving back in with more force.

"Uugghh. Don't want talk," Krycek moaned.

Skinner pushed in harder and faster. "Why him, Alex?" His hands bit into the pale flesh of Alex's hips as he thrust deeper.

"Fuck, Walter. Don't ... please," Krycek gasped, and tried to pull away.

"Tell me! Damn you!" Skinner screamed, holding Alex still as he continued to pound into him.

Krycek writhed underneath the larger man, he couldn't believe that their simple act of love making had turned violent, or that he was getting off on the mercilessly fucking. He continued to struggle, which only added to his feelings of pleasure. "I love him, dammit! Is that what you want to know?" he snarled.

"Fuck you, Alex!" Skinner growled, slamming into him one final time as he came.

Krycek squirmed uncomfortably under Skinner's dead weight, much to his own disappointment he hadn't come. His rock hard cock was sandwiched between his belly and the mattress, he felt the dampness of tears against his neck. "Walter, it's possible to love more than one person. Just ask Fox," he said softly.

"God, I'm sorry, Alex," Skinner murmured then tried to pull away, but Alex grabbed his arms and held them together.

"Walter, I do love you. We need to work this out because I have no intention of giving up either you or Nikolai," Krycek soothed.

"I can't share you, Alex. Don't ask me to share you," Skinner growled and pulled away. He picked up his discarded clothing and carried them into the bathroom.

Alex watched Walter's muscular backside as he stormed into the bathroom slamming the door. Alex sat up in bed and hugged his knees. He looked over at the glass cylinder. Fox's face was completely healed, his limbs and internal organs were close. Two more healings, he thought. Then Fox would be the one ranting at him about his feelings for Nikolai and his desire to take their daughter with him when he went back to Russia.


China
Monday, April 17
10:30 a.m.

Duffy wiped at his brow as he watched eight riders gallop into camp. They caught his interest immediately because they were white, the tallest wore clothes that concealed his features. Duffy was close enough that he could overhear their voices. He wondered briefly what Australians were doing working for Kong, but he decided they were probably Havock's men. The tallest Australian looked his way and seemed to spend long moments studying him behind the black shades of his sunglasses.

There was something about the gracefulness of the man that held Duffy transfixed. A lash from a slaver's whip broke him from his trance. He turned away reluctantly and started splitting boulders with a sledgehammer.

Ari stared in awe as the muscles rippled on the n'thral's hairy back and shoulders. He had never seen anyone so large. Even the disfigurement of the n'thral's face held a fascination for him. He glared angrily at the whip wielding slaver. What was the story behind this n'thral who worked side-by-side with humans? N'thral and human slaves were always kept separate for fear of the damage a sex crazed n'thral would do to the smaller humans. Why was this one allowed to work with them? It didn't make sense.

Paul turned in his saddle and noticed where his friend's eyes were focused. "He's a big one, isn't he? The captain of the guard said he's the largest living n'thral on the planet. He says he's as gentle as a lamb around humans, but saw him kill another n'thral with his bare hands. Ripped his cock off, he did."

"Tell me what else he said, Paul?" Ari asked intrigued.

"He's an American. That's all I know. Come on, shake a leg, Ari, we have an appointment to see the Emperor. Maybe the job he has for us will pay enough that we can go back home in style." Danforth turned his horse.

Ari's horse was sandwiched protectively in the middle of his eight friends as several Chinese guardsmen led them through camp to the Emperor's tent. Ari and Paul entered the tent while their fellow gang members waited outside. Ari's eyes took in the opulent interior and the beautiful Chinese immortal who had the most unusual pair of sexy violet eyes he'd ever seen. The young immortal lay on a bed of silk pillows as several young eunuchs attended to him. Ari's lens-covered eyes met Kong's. The Emperor was sitting in a low chair in the middle of the tent. Ari used the trick that Paul had taught him as he felt the sorcerer's mind probe his, allowing the man to see a face and body that had been ravished by fire, which ended all further inquiries on why his features were concealed.

Kong indicated that they should be seated on a rug in front of his throne. "I wish to hire you to perform a small job for me, for which you shall be well paid. I want you to bring me Shinji Takeda. Upon your return with him I will reward you with one million ounces of gold," the Emperor said.

Danforth grinned, gold was rapidly replacing all paper currency and with that amount they would never have to work again. "Shinji Takeda is in America. It will require some capital up front for us to get there and back with him."

Kong waved his hand and a small leather bag landed in Danforth's lap. The young Aussie opened it and spilled out a hundred freshly minted gold coins with Kong's likeness on them.

"That should be more than enough to get you to America and back with Shinji," Kong said, his voice softened as he looked over a Li. "My love needs another immortal to keep him company, these eunuchs are not suitable company for him. Bring Shinji to me before the end of summer and I will double my payment."

"Yes, Emperor Kong," Danforth replied excitedly, starting to rise.

"Emperor Kong," Ari said, causing his friend to look at him anxiously.

Kong just stared at Ari and waited for him to continue.

"My associates and I have never been to America and we require a guide ... an American guide. More specifically that enormous n'thral that you have working beside your human slaves. His presence alone would guarantee that we are left alone on our journey to his homeland," Ari said, watching the Emperor closely.

"Duffy is a valuable slave. I will have to deduct an eighth of my original offer if I allow you to take him. Do you agree?" Kong asked.

"No," Danforth said quickly.

"Yes," Ari replied firmly.

"Yes," Danforth sighed miserably.

"Good! General Zhu, show my guests out and have Duffy brought to them."


Pentagon
Monday, April 17
2:30 p.m.

Skinner paced around the large conference room. The rescue mission had gone better than expected. They struck the coalition countries so quickly that they had no time to come to each other's aid. Only China remained. Unfortunately the forces of Emperor Kong were too great for Skinner's small five-thousand sorcerer force; it would take six times that number to intimidate Kong into releasing their people without a fight.

"Call them back," Skinner finally decided. "We will have to figure out another option for dealing with Kong."

"What options? Sanctions?" General Clayton Kline growled.

"Clay, I don't like it anymore than you do, but we can't go up against him without losing a lot of men," Skinner replied.

"Fine, Walt, I should be grateful that we got most of our people back. It just irks me that some Americans are still enslaved." General Kline looked thoughtfully at his long time friend. Skinner had changed, he had always had an aura of authority about him, but now he just radiated power and leadership. "Have you given any thought to what we've talked about? This country needs you, Walt," Kline said.

Skinner walked over to the window and looked out. The world had changed, his country was changing, could he stand by and watch, hoping that it went in a direction he could live with or should he step in and steer its course himself?

"This country needs a leader, Walt. Someone who isn't afraid to make the tough decisions. You're that man. With one word from you thousands of sorcerers fell into line eager to follow your every command. The government is antiquated, Walt, we will be helpless against countries like Russia and China if we don't get our house in order soon," the General ranted.

"What you are proposing is the overthrow of our government, Clay. Do you think this country is ready for a monarchy? Somehow I never pictured myself as King Walter," Skinner replied, watching the storm clouds form in the distance.

Kline knew that Skinner would need some extra persuading. "You love your immortals don't you, Walt? What do you think will become of them as you languish behind bars in the Federal Penitentiary? I have it on good authority that the Justice Department, under orders from the Executive Branch, has a warrant for your arrest ready to serve as soon as our men return from overseas. Do it for your family, your lovers, your daughter." He watched with satisfaction as Skinner's back went rigid.

Skinner turned a determined look on his face, his jaw firmly set and his eyes ablaze. "Clay, tell the men that I want as little bloodshed as possible, and I will personally relieve the President and his cabinet of their duties."

The general smiled. "Tomorrow will be a bright day in this nation's history. Walt, I've called a meeting for tonight with your new joint chiefs, we will map out the details for tomorrow's coup d'etat and start work on your new constitution."

"You were that sure that I'd agree?"

"You have too much to lose if this country stays on it present course. We need a leader and you need us, your majesty," the General grinned at the cringe he got from the large man. "Get used to it, Walt, from this day forward you need to project an image of absolute authority, you're need to be ruthless in addition to compassionate."

"Great," Skinner sighed. "Just don't expect me to sit on a frigging throne! I'll be back here tonight."

The general's grinned widened as he watched Skinner leave. He could easily bow down before such a man. Kline felt the first glimmer of hope for his son's and grandson's future that he'd had in over two years. He picked up the telephone and punched the speed dial. "It's all set for tonight, get our men in position around D.C. We attack at dawn."

Skinner wouldn't lie to himself. He was overthrowing his own government for purely selfish reasons. His family and his extended family's safety. With him as the head of the new government he didn't have to worry about outside forces threatening his family. He didn't have to worry about Alex going to Slava. He wouldn't let him, or allow Slava into his country. Now all that he needed was to find a way to break the news to Fox once he was healed. "Hey, guess what, Fox, I'm King so that makes you my ..." Skinner shook his head chuckling. "Do you want to spend the next month on the couch?" He frowned as he drove toward his home, Fox was not going to be happy and Alex was going to hate it.


China
Monday, April 17
3:30 p.m.

"Dammit, Ari, why?" Danforth growled. He looked over his shoulder at the massive n'thral who walked passively beside Summers' horse. The n'thral had a leather collar around his throat from it were chains attached to wrist restraints with a leather leash coming off them and tied to the saddle on Summers' horse.

"I wanted him, Paul. I don't know why," Summers said.

"He's slowing us down. Let's just cut him loose or sell him in the next town!" Simon suggested and all the others voiced their agreement.

"No! He's *mine* and I'm not giving him up!" Summers hissed, silencing them.

Duffy watched and listened in fascination. He could easily break the chains and kill the little men. This was the best chance he had at escaping since allowing himself to be capture by Hector Cardoso's army. However, he held off, something about the man Ari piqued his curiosity. He realized suddenly it was the young man's smell, it reminded him of an immortal. Was it possible? Was that the reason this man concealed his features? Was he an immortal?

"What are you staring at, slave?" Summers growled.

Duffy looked down at him speculatively; even with the man seated on horseback he was still many inches taller. He had remained silent throughout the few hours he had been with these men. "I was wondering what an immortal was doing running around with a gang of mercenaries? An obviously pregnant immortal." Duffy tossed that last bit in knowing that it would irritate the young man.

All eight horses stopped suddenly.

"How?" Summers demanded.

"I've been around pregnant immortal's before, their scent is very unique. Don't worry, only a n'thral would pick up the scent, and only a n'thral who's been around an immortal would recognize the smell for what it is. You haven't answered my question," Duffy said.

"Shut up! I'm your master and I will ask the questions! Not you, slave!" Summers snapped, annoyed. If the others could see his face they'd know how truly unnerved he was that this n'thral had easily seen through his disguised.

"If you can smell me then why haven't you tried to ravish me?"

Duffy was amused. "A friend of mine invented a special drug that suppresses my sex drive." He continued walking as the horses moved on.

"So you are unable to get it up?" Summers didn't understand why he was disappointed.

Duffy chuckled. "I can still get it up, but I'm in control, not out of control like my fellow n'thrals."

"Very well, slave, we will get along fine as long as you learn your place. You will do whatever I tell you, and speak only when spoken to," Summers said, pursing his lips behind the scarf, he added hungrily. "If I want to see you jerk yourself off then you will do it and anything else I ask you to."

Duffy's eyebrows rose past his hairline not believing his own ears. Had this immortal just come on to him? He looked at the other men and saw that they shared his astonishment. "Yes, master, whatever pleases you," Duffy replied softly.

"Good," Ari said.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Wednesday, April 19
1:30 a.m.

He brushed away a cobweb as he crept through the dirt tunnel. Fyodorov felt extremely lucky to have found the secret panel in the storeroom that had been hidden behind heavy boxes, he doubted that anyone at Foxfire Glenn knew about it. Well, maybe Mulder did for all the good that did Fyodorov's captors. He held a candle out in front of him as he came to a trap door and pushed against it, but it wouldn't budge.

The smoker had been flying around in circles over Foxfire Glenn, he easily concealed his presence. He discovered through using his powers as he flew that he could transverse space and time, quickly flying from Alaska to the Eastern United States in a little over an hour. His eyes caught the faintest movement in the woods just past the west-side of the estate. The ground shook gently, his mind probed below the earth and he smiled at what he found.

Fyodorov was about to give up and head back to the store room to find something to dig with when the trapdoor above his head was torn off its hinges and a clawed hand reached down grabbing him before he could scramble away. He was pulled whimpering from the tunnel into the arms of a creature the likes of which he had never seen before. "Please, don't eat me," he shrieked in terror.

"Silence, weasel!" the creature hissed, looking up suddenly as the lights outside the mansion went on. He grabbed the little man around his waist and took off into the sky with him. Fyodorov screamed his terror at the top of his lungs.

MacIver and Sawada came racing out of the mansion. MacIver froze in his tracks as he caught the outline of a large creature in the night sky. "What the fuck is that thing?" he exclaimed as the creature disappeared out of sight.

"Whatever it is, it's got our prisoner," Sawada said, walking toward the fence his eyes searching until he found the disturbed earth of the tunnel.

"Do you think Walter knew that this was here?" MacIver asked, jumping into the tunnel, he lit his way with his powers aware of Kazuo's presence at his back.

"No, definitely not. He'd never allow such a security risk to remain in place," Sawada said as they came out inside the locked storeroom. "We need to fill the tunnel in and contact Walter."

"I'll fill the tunnel, Kazuo, you go back to Shinji. I don't want him to be alone with that creature flying around. I'll try to get in contact with Walter when I'm done down here." MacIver started using his powers to fill in the long tunnel as Sawada rushed back to Shinji. The Scotsman's biggest problem was getting a hold of Skinner, the former A.D. was in the middle of overthrowing his own government.


Skinner lost no time in getting back to the estate. With him came half a battalion of sorcerers who set up guard around the perimeter of the estate. Skinner was followed onto the estate by two Generals and Gabriel Hunter.

"Rory, explain what happened exactly?" Skinner asked.

"Kazuo and I were awoken by Fyodorov's screams. We ran outside and witnessed some giant bat creature flying away with him, he ah, that is Fyodorov escaped through a secret tunnel that led from the storeroom to underneath the fence on the west-side. I've taken care of filling that in," MacIver said.

"The creature, do you think it was intelligent? Did you get any sense of conscious thought from it or was it just some animal?" Skinner asked fearful that whatever it was could have taken one of his family members just as easily as it had taken Fyodorov.

"No, Walter. If it weren't for Fyodorov's screams we'd have never even seen it," Sawada said.

"Walter, I think it is obvious that you and your family need to move into D.C. and under the protection of a much larger guard," General Kline said. "You can keep this place as a country home."

"Clay, I'm not really interested living in the White House," Skinner replied sullenly.

"Of course not, that place is hardly suitable for our country's first King. We will just have to build you and your family a new home suitable for a growing royal family. A place where the princesses will be free to play without worry," Kline replied seriously. Skinner and his two immortal beauties were the future as he saw it, for rebuilding a strong nation. It didn't hurt that part of Skinner's extended family had four other immortals, all of whom were pregnant, and their sorcerer mates. No other country could lay claim to eight immortals, he thought, including the Korean and Spanish immortals living in California.

Skinner cringed. King. God, what had he gotten himself into? "Clay, I'm going to have a hard enough time explaining to Fox and Alex about my part in overthrowing our government, let alone having to explain this part about being King." MacIver's snicker drew a heated glare from him. "Shut up, Rory."

"Sorry, your majesty. I most assuredly didn't mean any disrespect to your royal personage," he quipped, bowing.

"King Walter, it has a nice ring to it," Shinji replied. "So what does that make Mulder and Alex?"

"Princes I would think, unless our *King* is planning to rule jointly, then that would make Mulder also a King. Now Alex being married to King Fox and a brother to King Walter would remain a prince," Blaise rattled off.

Skinner put his head down in his hands. "They are both going to kill me when they find out," he sighed. "I'm going up to check on them. Clay, do whatever you think is best," he replied.

"Yes, King Walter," he grinned as Skinner's back stiffened and he proceeded up the stairs. General Kline turned to the family. "He hates when I call him that, but he has to get used to it. These next few months will be critical to his rule. There's going to be anger and resentment among some of the American people. They'll need to accept our new government."

"I would say there will be more than a little anger," Scully said. "Wasn't there anyway to fix the current democratic government first?"

"Agent Scully, the situation out west is a lot worse then the government was letting on. Whole areas from California to Missouri are under the rule of clans who are setting up their own governments. The upheaval was spreading like a brush fire, by Autumn the U.S. government would have no longer been able to maintain order and this country would have fallen into anarchy. Walter Skinner is the only man who could prevent that from happening. A vast majority of sorcerers will follow him as their leader, and with their power the King can reclaim lands already lost to these clans. People aren't stupid, Agent Scully, they'll see peace and stability with having Walter Skinner as their king," Kline replied. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have a lot of work to do."


Fox looked beautiful again and Walter was surprised that he wasn't alive yet. Outwardly he saw nothing physically wrong with his lover. Alex was still sleeping peacefully, his long, lush lashes fanning out on top of his high cheekbones. His bowed lips parted prettily, Skinner couldn't resist kissing them. "You will hate me, Alex, but I cannot allow Slava to have you."


You have a choice, Marat Fyodorov. Serve me or die," the smoker said, sitting down in the large chair he had altered to fit his new body. On the floor sitting on cushions at his feet were his two beauties, they were dressed in silks and jewels.

Marat looked between the creature and the two beautiful immortals. Whoever this creature was he had enormous powers, and Fyodorov would be a fool to turn him down. "Master ... I welcome the opportunity to serve you," he said bowing.

"Excellent!" the creature said clapping his hands together with glee.

"May I ask my Master's name?"

"I have many names, Foxx, Spender, Rothborne, Smith, and my personal favorite, Cancerman. My son gave me that name," the creature said between puffs of smoke. "But I'd prefer for you to call me Master, that one has a nice ring to it."

"Your son, you mean Jeffrey Spender?" Fyodorov asked. Was this really thing really Spender's father?

"No my first son, Fox Mulder. You've seen him? He's beautiful isn't he? Do you think he is more beautiful than my lovelies here," the smoker asked.

Fyodorov looked at the two despondent immortals. "Yes. Fox is more beautiful. He has an inner strength that I've never seen in any of the other immortals. It glows from within him, you can't but help notice his presence."

"He gets that strength from me," Spender said proudly. "Fox was forged by me into the man he is today. We shall discuss Fox later, what I want from you now is the means for me to get my hands on my other son, Jeffrey."

"Yes, Master, I will help you. Any wayI can."

"Good, show Mr. Fyodorov to his room," the smoker said nodding to his two assassins.

He sat back in his chair tenting his claws together in thoughtful contemplation. First Jeffrey, then Fox. Soon they would be one big happy family.


Chapter 16 - Healed

Foxfire Glenn Estate
Thursday, April 20 3:30 a.m.

Mulder opened his eyes and peered up at the glass and steel inches from his face. Where was he? He reached out in a panic and pushed against the lid opening the cylinder. He sat up and as his eyes slowly adjusted to the darkness, he realized that he was inside a bedroom in the mansion. How he had gotten there was a mystery to him. Mulder forced himself to relax as he swung his long legs over the side and leapt out. The last thing he remembered was being in his office kissing Walter. He was totally clueless as to what happened afterwards.

There was just enough moonlight coming in through the windows that he could make out two shapes sleeping in the bed. Mulder walked over and flipped on the bedside lamp. He squinted and looked at the two men, then let out a gasp when he realized what his eyes were seeing. Mulder stood stunned looking at the thick, sable hair fanning out over the pillow, he studied Alex's face in stunned amazement, the gentle sweep of a brow to his lashes, thicker and longer than before, if that were possible. Alex's skin was smooth and flawless. His features appeared more chiseled, as if molded out of the finest porcelain. Mulder had never seen anyone more beautiful in his life. If this is how Alex looked sleeping, Mulder couldn't wait to see him awake. "Alex?"

His voice pulled Skinner from his restless sleep. The large man shot up and met Mulder's stunned hazel eyes. Walter quickly scrambled over Krycek's sleeping form and pulled Mulder into his arms. "Fox, you're back. Thank God!" he sobbed happily, kissing and hugging him tightly.

"Back from where, Walter? What happened to me? What happened to Alex? What the hell is going on?" he asked in flurry, looking appealingly at Walter for answers. Then his eyes wandered back to Alex's surreally beautiful face, and he felt incredible desire for his young lover. All Mulder wanted to do was crawl under the covers with Alex and hold him in his arms and taste his sweet lips.

"C'mon, Fox, let's put something on first, then I'll fix you a cup of coffee. We can talk in the kitchen," Skinner said softly, not wanting to let that pleasantly, warm, *alive* body out of his arms.

Mulder pulled away. "Walter, what's wrong with Alex? Why isn't he waking up?" he asked, reluctantly taking the robe that had magically appeared in Skinner's hand and pulling it on over his naked body.

Skinner pulled on his own robe and stepped into a pair of slippers. "Alex healed you, babe. He's sleeping off the effects." He drew Mulder back into his arms, embracing him with sheer joy. "God, Fox, you wouldn't believe the hell I've been through over the past two weeks. I thought I had lost you for good."

"Two weeks? My God, Walter, what is going on around here? Where are my babies?" Mulder asked anxiously.

Skinner pulled him out of the room and toward the back staircase. "Hope and Faith are with Dana and Jonathan, they've been looking after them for us until you were healed."

Mulder sighed with relief, "Thank God. Then Alex and Rory were successful in rescuing Jonathan." It didn't matter what had happened to him as long as his friends and family were safe.

"Not exactly, Fox," he said.

"Not exactly what?" Mulder interrupted Walter before he could answer him, "No answer that later, I want to see my babies first," he said, heading in the direction of the room Scully usually stayed in when she visited .

Mulder knocked softly on the door. He heard some mumbling and finally Scully opened the door. "Mulder, you're back," she said, hugging him.

"Sorry to wake you, Scully, but I want to see my munchkins," Mulder whispered, slipping into the room. He nodded to Jonathan who stared at him tiredly before burrowing back under the covers.

"They've missed you, Mulder," Scully whispered, coming to stand next to the cribs with him.

Mulder brushed the thick curls way from Hope's sleeping face. "She needs a hair cut," he said softly. He then went over to look in on Faith, like her sister, she was out to the world. "Thanks for watching them, Scully."

"Anytime, partner," Scully said, walking with him to the bedroom door. She greeted Skinner who was waiting in the hallway for Mulder.

"Walter is going to fill me in on all the fun I've missed over coffee. Talk to you in the morning, Scully," Mulder said, looping an arm around Skinner's waist.

They made their way downstairs to the kitchen and Mulder took a seat at the counter as he watched his lover prepare a pot of coffee. "Walter, tell me what you meant that Alex and Rory didn't rescue Jonathan."

"Fox, Alex and Rory were captured by King Gullbrand," Skinner said, turning on the coffee maker then walked back over to Mulder. "Let me start from the beginning," Skinner said as he sat next to Mulder and took his hand in both of his, smiling. "It feels so good to be able to touch you again, Fox. Until a few days ago you didn't even have a hand to hold."

"What happened to me, Walter?"

"Someone tried to kill you. The bastard planted a bomb in your office. You were ..." Skinner swallowed and gripped Mulder's hand tighter. "... burnt beyond recognition. God, Fox, I thought you were dead! It's been over two weeks! Thank God, Alex came home when he did or you'd still be up in that glass coffin."

"You should have known by now, Walter, that you cannot get rid of me that easy," Mulder quipped. "Now tell me about Alex. How was it possible for him to change into an immortal? Did it have to do with him losing his powers? Are there other immortals now?"

"No, he's the only one. From what Alex has told me it sounds like it was a freak accident, he was struck by lightening while trying to escape from Slava, and when he woke up he was an immortal," Skinner replied.

Mulder's body tensed and anger passed over his features. "What does Slava have to do with this? I thought you said Gullbrand had Alex?"

"Gullbrand turned Alex over to Slava. I'm pretty sure Slava was going to use Alex to get you back. Only it didn't work out quite like he had planned." Skinner didn't want to tell Fox about Alex and Slava yet, but he knew Fox would be even more upset if he kept the information from him. "Fox, Alex and Slava are genetically bonded ... Alex plans on going back to Slava after you are healed," Skinner told him gently.

Mulder paled visibly as he shook his head. "No. No, I don't believe you. Alex would never leave us for Slava."

"He says he can't help himself, that he loves Slava and wants to be with him."

"How can Alex love that man? After what Slava has done to me! Oh God, Walter, I don't want him to leave me," Mulder's voice shook and he slid into Walter's arms sobbing.

"Ssh, Fox, he's not going to leave either of us. I won't let him."

"How can you stop him if he wants to go? You can't keep him here against his will."

"I can and I will. I think if Alex were away from Slava long enough he'd come to his senses. I've even asked Shinji to help, but he was doubtful that he could find a way of severing the genetic bond."

"How did Alex get here? I can't see Slava letting him go."

"Slava brought him to this country so Alex could heal you."

Mulder sat stunned, that was not like Slava at all, unless? "Alex must really have convinced Slava that he loved him," he said, his heart breaking. "Walter, let me deal with Alex, please. I don't want you to hold him here against his will, that would be no better than the way Slava treated me," Mulder said.

"Sorry, Fox, but I won't let Slava have him again. It will be all right once enough time passes without Slava and Alex having any contact with each other. Alex will come to his senses."

"Shit, Walter, I can't see how you could prevent Alex from seeing Slava. This country is not about to ban Slava from coming over here, no matter what you or I have to say. All Alex would have to do is sneak out and go to the Russian embassy." Mulder noticed the way Walter was fidgeting. His lover never fidgeted, so something must be really wrong. "Okay, out with it. What else has happened?"

"Fox, promise me that you won't get angry."

"I can't see how I can get any angrier than I already am, but I'll try to control myself."

"I ah ... sort of ... ah ... overthrew our government and declared myself King," Skinner mumbled, not looking at Fox.

Mulder started laughing. "Jeez, Walter, you had me going there for a moment. I'm glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humor. Even though your timing is a bit warped."

"I'm serious, Fox."

Mulder studied his face for a moment. "No! No, say you didn't! Oh God, Walter, how could you do something so. . .so. . .stupid?"

"Fox, it wasn't stupid. I thought about this very thoroughly beforehand. Don't you see, babe, I needed to expand my base of power and influence. If I didn't, then I chanced having you, Alex, and our daughters taken away from me by someone stronger. That won't happen now. You, Alex, and the girls will be protected by my army of sorcerers."

Mulder looked at him sternly. He knew that since the invasion his lover had garnered a lot of support from sorcerers and humans all over the country. "Walter, just how many people were involved in this coup d'atat?"

"Directly about twenty thousand, mostly sorcerers."

"WHAT? That many people want to have you for their King?" Mulder gasped, eyebrows shooting up in surprise.

"Fox, it might come as a surprise to you, but a lot of people respect me and think that I would make a fair and strong leader," Skinner grumbled, annoyed.

"I respect you too, but that doesn't mean I want you for my King. I've always loved our little old American democracy."

"Fox, it was that same democracy that almost imprisoned you, Justin, and Joe for the purpose of procreating a whole new race of Americans. That will never happen again! Not while I'm in charge! No one is going to touch you, Alex, or any other member of our family!" Skinner's voiced rose higher and higher in volume.

Mulder bit his lip to prevent himself from saying anything he'd regret. It was obvious that his lover wanted his support and was upset and stressed that he was challenging him. Mulder sighed, this decision must have been very hard for Walter to make. Walter needed him to stand behind his decision, besides he did it for their daughter and friends, it was very noble. "Walter, I'm sorry. You know that I will support you even if I don't agree with you," Mulder said, resting a soothing hand on the side of his lover's face. "I love you, Walter, we will approach this together as a family."

MacIver and Takeda staggered into the kitchen. MacIver went straight to the coffee pot, while Shinji went over to hug and greet Mulder.

"Hey, Walter. If you bellow a little bit louder I'm sure you could wake Tony and Kim, too," MacIver quipped tiredly.

"Ignore him, Walter, he's just jealous," Shinji said, looking Mulder over closely. "Mulder, it's good to have you back. I really missed our afternoon conversations and games. Hey, now that Alex is an immortal he can join our club, too."

"Club? What club, Shin?" MacIver asked, handing him a mug of coffee.

"Sorry, Rory, that information is for members only," Shinji teased, winking at Mulder and sipping the coffee.

"Yeah, Rory, we wouldn't want to discuss what happens behind the closed doors of my office," Mulder quipped, casually wrapping his arm around Shinji's waist as his young friend leaned into him.

Skinner rolled his eyes and went to get himself and Mulder a mug of coffee.

"So, lads, what's the price of membership to this club?" MacIver asked, sideling up behind the two men and laying his arms across their shoulders.

Shinji smiled. "It doesn't cost a thing, lover, the only requirement is that you be an immortal."

"Hasn't anyone ever taught either of you how wrong it is to discriminate?"

"Rory, if we let you in then all the sorcerers and clairvoyants will want in, and frankly I would not feel comfortable discussing certain biological changes in front of Melvin," Shinji stated.

MacIver made a sour face. "Oh, you guys talk about your pregnancies and such. I think I'll pass. However, love, if you ever have a sleepover I expect an invite."

"Rory, how did I know that would be your response?" Takeda smirked.

Skinner set the mug of coffee in front of Mulder and affectionately touched his arm, then looked over at Takeda. "Shin, I wouldn't mind hearing about the changes your body is going through during your pregnancy. I plan on being one hundred percent involved in Fox's. It would be nice to know what to expect when he is pregnant with our son," Walter said, wrapping his arms around Mulder, kissing the top of the young man's head.

Mulder shuddered. Being two weeks away from his next cycle he wasn't feeling a strong compulsion to become pregnant yet. He knew that would change in about a week.

Takeda smiled at them. "Walter, I would be happy to tell you everything that my body is experiencing. Rory and Kazuo don't like talking about it."

MacIver rolled his eyes. "Shin, it's not that we don't like talking about *it.* It's that you go into too many details and use all sorts of medical mumbo jumbo that bores the hell out of us."

"Rory, I'm only trying to expand your horizons," Takeda complained.

Skinner looked at MacIver who was shifting around uncomfortably. "Rory, you are going to be with Shinji when he has the baby, aren't you?"

"Well, I was thinking that Doctor Pendrell would want to handle everything himself since the process is so new and we really don't know what to expect. Besides, I'd probably just be in the way."

Skinner grinned at MacIver's discomfort. "Nonsense, Rory. I've had long discussions with Kyle, and from the latest tests he's running, he believes that the actual birth won't be too much different than that of a woman."

"Oh great," Mulder sighed.

"You'll be fine, Fox," Skinner said.

"Walter, there was a reason why God gave women the ability to have babies and not men. Women are a lot tougher and they are able to handle pain better," Mulder grumbled.

"We'll talk to Doctor Pendrell about painkillers when it is your time to deliver, Fox."

"No."

"Why not?"

"I prefer not to take the chance that the painkillers may harm the baby. I'll bear it as long as you are by my side, Walter."

"Always, Fox," Skinner said, kissing the side of his face. He remembered that he still wore Fox's rings around his neck. Skinner unclipped the chain and removed the rings, then slipped them back on Fox's finger. "Love you, babe."

"Hm, me too, Walter."

MacIver frowned, feeling guilty. "Shin, don't worry, I'll be there for you, too."

"You would have been anyway, love. Kazuo and Gabriel were going to force you to be with me one way or another. This is your son as much as mine and if I have to be in the delivery room then you do, too," Takeda said, taking a bottle of formula from the refrigerator for his five-month old daughter.

"Shin, has Gou set a date for his visit yet?" Mulder asked. Knowing that Kazuo's father delayed his Spring trip, wanting to be with his son and Shinji when the young immortal had the baby.

"Yes, the last week of July. He'll be staying until after I have the baby to help out. Masataka is still out west to visiting his friends in San Francisco, he'll be back in July, too."


Northern China
Thursday, April 20 1:30 p.m.

Ari Summers shifted in his saddle so he could look back at his n'thral slave who had been walking quietly beside his horse for the past seven hours. He was feeling guilty. "How are your feet, slave?" he inquired, trying to sound matter of fact, and not overly concerned. The giant's size prevented him from riding on horseback and the terrain was such that it wasn't suitable for wagons or trucks.

"My feet are fine, master," Duffy replied softly. He could walk for days without sleeping. N'thrals were far heartier than any of the other mutants. Duffy could not take his eyes off the immortal, he was dying for just a glimpse of what the young man looked like under his layers of clothing. It had been four days since he joined them and the young immortal took great pains to keep his face hidden. Duffy reasoned that eventually Ari would have to take off the scarf that concealed his features to wash, but he wanted to see him now. He prayed for a strong gust of wind to strip the scarf from the immortal's head.

"I want to watch you masturbate," Ari said suddenly, twisting his body to look over at his friends. "Simon, give my slave some lubricant." Ari had been fighting the growing arousal of having the giant so near for the past four days and could no longer control his lust.

"Ah sure, Ari. Are we going to stop for a rest?" Simon asked, opening his saddlebag, he shuffled around the contents until his hand pulled out large, well-used tube of KY. All the men with the exception of Ari had paired off; even Paul had chosen a lover within the gang. Although, he was the father of Ari's unborn child and in love with his childhood friend, he knew in his heart that Ari would never return his feelings.

"No, I want to reach the lake before dusk. Duffy can jerk off while he walks. Isn't that right, slave?" Ari asked as Simon handed him the tube of lubricant.

Duffy frowned, he didn't mind jerking off for Ari. In fact the whole situation was quite humorous and arousing that an immortal was interested in him sexually. However, he did not appreciate the other eight pairs of eyes that were watching him.

Ari licked his lips behind his scarf. "Go ahead, slave. I would like to have a good look at what I purchased," he said huskily, turning to sit sideways in his saddle with one leg looped over the horn for balance.

Duffy forced himself to concentrate only on the immortal and the arousing scent coming off him, sufficiently blocking out the other eight men. He unfastened the bindings holding the front of his pants closed, leaving the robe belt still fastened. It wouldn't do to have his pants around his ankles. He reached in and pulled out his cock which was already growing hard with excitement. Duffy opened the tube of lube and squirted a generous amount into the palm of his hand and without even looking at Simon, Duffy tossed the tube back to him.

He slicked up his cock and started stroking it until it was fully erect; he ignored the whistles and expletives coming from those around him as he focused solely on Ari.

Ari watched Duffy hungrily. His own cock was straining against its leather confines. He ignored it, while he watched the giant stroke his beautiful cock. The thing must be at least eighteen inches, he thought. Ari wanted to find out for sure, and he really wanted to touch that magnificent rod. "Stop stroking yourself and come here, slave," he ordered. Stopping his horse he reached into his saddlebag and came out with a small sewing kit from which he removed a cloth measuring tape.

A hiss of pleasure issued from Duffy's lips as Ari's long, tapered fingers touched his cock. Ari didn't have to bend to measure Duffy's shaft, the n'thral's hips were the same height as the top of his horse.

"How big is he, Ari?" Heath asked, standing up in his saddle for a better look.

"Sixteen inches and he has a four an a half inch girth. Pretty impressive, n'thral," Ari said as he stroked Duffy's cock, enjoying the warmth and velvet hardness, his long fingertips didn't even come close to touching around the fat organ. He watched the affect his touch was having on the giant as the large balls crept up and the tip of the cock dripped streams of pre-cum. "Don't come yet, slave," he ordered. With his free hand Ari unwound the black scarf away from his face giving Duffy the first glimpse of his full, coral lips and a straight, perfect nose. Duffy almost lost it when he caught sight of Ari's flaming red hair peeking out from underneath the remaining scarf. Then those lips latched onto the tip of his cock and Duffy did lose it, coming instantly.

Ari tried but he couldn't keep up with the flow of the semen, and it ran out of the sides of his mouth and down his chin dripping on the grass beneath Duffy's feet. The young immortal felt lightheaded from the pleasure and excitement of the moment, and the knowledge that a mere touch by him could unravel the stoic giant. He smiled up at Duffy. "You have my permission to kiss me, slave," he commanded throatily.

Duffy's knees shook as he bent down and he licked the semen from the young man's chin before capturing those pretty lips with his. He felt himself become hard again as the blood drained from his head straight to his cock.

Ari pushed lightly against his chest and Duffy pulled away, looking at him questioningly. "Will you do anything I ask of you, slave?" he said, removing his sunglasses.

Duffy looked into the most incredible turquoise eyes, and sadly he answered the beauty. "No, not anything. I won't kill for you unless it's to protect you. I won't steal for you unless it's to feed you. However, I will give my life for you," he answered honestly.

Ari pursed his lips thoughtfully, he had hoped for blind obedience, but this n'thral had a mind of its own along with a conscious. "You are a puzzle, Duffy. It is not everyday that one meets a honest n'thral." It was clear to Ari that the giant would never fit in with his gang of mercenaries, and he probably should cut him loose, but he intended to explore his feelings of desire for Duffy thoroughly first. "You may tuck yourself in, slave, we are wasting time." He turned back around in his saddle and covered up his features once more.

Ari's gang exchanged nervous glances, they didn't approve of their leader having sexual contact with a n'thral, but they knew better than to make their objections known to Ari. He had a fiery temper when it came to anyone telling him what to do or being over protect of him.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Thursday, April 20 10:30 a.m.

Alex felt a gentle hand combing through his hair. Then he smelled Fox's unique scent. He opened his eyes and smiled up at his lover. "Fox, you're better."

"Thanks to you, I hear." Mulder softly kissed his lips.

"Yeah, cool isn't it?" Krycek stretched and pulled Mulder down to lay beside him.

Mulder turned so he could caress Alex's beautiful face. "Alex, are you handling being an immortal okay?"

Krycek rolled over on Mulder, straddling his hips and looking deeply into Mulder's beautiful hazel eyes. "I'm handling it okay, so far. Besides, men have always found me attractive. In fact, I've used it to my advantage when I worked for the UN as a spy. So it doesn't feel like that big of a change. I'm sorry, Fox, for the way I treated you before I left. Forgive me?" he asked, while his thumb stroked the side of his lover's face then over his full lips.

"Alex, I love you, of course I'll forgive you." Mulder reached up and pulled Alex down on top of him and into a long, deep kiss, his arms wrapping around his lover's neck. "You do love me too, don't you, Alex?"

"I love you more than life, Fox," he said, sighing as Mulder licked and kissed behind his ear.

Alex felt incredibly aroused by having Fox this close. //So immortals aren't immune to each other's pheromones,// he mused.

"Do you love me more than you love Slava?" Mulder asked softly into his lover's ear, and felt Alex go dead still above him.

Alex wasn't prepared to discuss his feelings for Slava with Fox. He wanted their time together to be filled with love and not arguments. "Fox, I don't want to talk about my relationship with Slava, yet."

Mulder ignored him. "You say you love me, and yet you're leaving me for the man who raped and stole from me. Why, Alex? Walter said you'll be going back to him now that I'm healed. I wish you had left me the way I was. It would have been far less painful." He pushed at the younger man who was straddling his body. "Get off me, Alex."

Krycek didn't budge. "Fox, I'm not leaving you. I'll be here for as long as you need me, until we work out our differences. I'm only going to be spending part of my time with Nikolai, the rest I'll be spending with you and Walter. Fox, he's not as bad as you think. He's treated me with only love and kindness. You should see how he is with your daughters ... "

Mulder was outraged that Alex would even bring his daughters into their discussion. "MY DAUGHTERS! He stole my sperm, so he could have children by me! And what the *hell* do I have? I'll tell you, Alex, a gapping hole in my heart where my daughters belong," he spat.

"You can see them, Fox. I will bring them for visits. I'm sure Nikolai would allow it," Krycek pleaded.

"Bullshit, Alex! Slava will never allow you to bring the babies to visit me. He'll want to use them to get me to go back to him. How can you believe or trust him? He's done nothing but lie and deceive me!"

Krycek decided to take another tack. "Fox, please try to see things from my point of view! Remember how difficult it was for you to choose between Walter and I? You couldn't do it, Fox! And neither can I."

"You cannot compare Slava to my feelings for you and Walter," Mulder argued, trying to wiggle out from under Alex.

Krycek firmly held Mulder down to the bed. "There is not that much difference, Fox. Walter and I hated each other back then, but you forced us to accept sharing you. I'm asking you for the same understanding in regards to Nikolai and I."

"The two situations are nothing alike, Alex! Walter didn't rape you, like Slava raped me!" Mulder growled.

Krycek sighed and rolled off Mulder. "I can't make excuses for what Slava did to you, Fox. I wish it never happened. Part of me still hates him for it, but I am in love with him. I can't explain to you what it is like being genetically bonded to someone. Maybe someday you'll experience it for yourself ... a day that I'm not looking forward to." Krycek climbed out of bed and stared down at Mulder. "Can we call a temporary truce?" he asked, holding out his hand.

Mulder gazed into his sad forest green eyes. Recalling what Shinji had told him about genetic bond mates and how impossible it was for them not to be together once they had physical contact. It wasn't Alex's fault. "Okay, Alex, if you promise to work with Shinji on trying to eliminate the genetic bond between you and Slava," he said, reaching for his lover's hand and allowing him to help him off the bed.

"I'll do whatever makes you happy, Fox." Alex hugged Fox, resting his chin on his shoulder, enjoying the feel of Fox's clothed body against his bare flesh.

Mulder breathed in deeply memorizing Alex's new scent, he stroked down his lover's smooth back and cupped his firm buttocks.

Alex was growing harder and extremely hot. "Take a shower with me," he murmured lustfully.

"I can't, Alex, I need to think about this situation. I can't think when I'm holding and touching you," Mulder said sadly, pulling away. Tears of remorse ran freely down his cheeks as he touched the side of Alex's face lovingly. "I can't."

Tears filled Alex's eyes over his lover's sadness, hurting Fox was the last thing he had ever wanted to do, and yet he was still unable to let Nikolai go. "I'm sorry, Fox."

"It's not your fault, Alex. You didn't plan for this to happen. I just need time to come to terms with your need to be with Slava. I'm sure that I will never be able to accept it. Just give me time to decide what I need," Mulder said.

"What you need, Fox? Does everything always have to depend on your needs? What about mine?" Krycek asked softly.

"I ... ," Mulder shook his head and fled the bedroom.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Friday, April 21
1:30 p.m.

Alex took aim at the target and rapidly filled the center with bullet holes. He removed the protective headgear covering his ears and smiled at MacIver and Blaise. "Try to beat that, guys."

"You've gotten better, if that's possible, lad," MacIver said, looking at the neat cluster of bullet holes.

Krycek grinned wider. "It's being an immortal that helps. I can see better and my reflexes have improved."

MacIver was surprised that Krycek didn't seem to feel any remorse over his change. "Don't you miss being a sorcerer, Alex?" He finally had to ask.

"Yes, of course I do, but there's no point in crying over spilt milk, there is nothing I can do about it." Krycek did not want to be reminded of his loss of powers, so he changed the subject. "I still cannot believe that Walter overthrew our government. That seems like something you or I would have pulled, Rory. Not by-the-book Walter Skinner," Krycek quipped.

"That's King Walter," Blaise smirked, leaning against a tree.

"Doesn't it bother you, Justin?" Krycek asked the Texan.

"No. Not really. We could have had a worse leader. At least with Walter I won't have to worry about my freedom or my future daughter's freedom."

MacIver packed up his guns in the steel box, securing the locks over the triggers. "That's why Walter did it. He didn't go into it for personal power or wealth; he did it to protect his family. I for one feel a lot more at ease now than ever before. I don't have to worry about Shinji's safety as much. I wonder if I could convince Walter to give me a dukedom."

Krycek snickered. "And where would the Duke want his dukedom?"

"New York City would be agreeable with me. King Walter will need his loyal nobles in key positions of power."

"You're serious?" Krycek stated surprised.

"Of course I'm serious. One does not joke about this kingdom's nobility, of which I am part. I'm family after all. I will have to change my dukedom's name, New York just won't do," MacIver mused, picking up the gun case and heading back toward the mansion.

"Oh great, I hope Walter knows what he is gotten himself into," Krycek muttered. He'd worry about that later, Nikolai was getting into town tomorrow and he intended to meet him at the Russian embassy.

"Alex, can I ask you something personal?" Blaise asked before he could follow MacIver back to the house.

"What, Justin?"

"Slava. How can you do that to Walter and Mulder? Especially after everything that man did to Mulder?" Blaise said.

"It's none of your business, Justin," Krycek snarled. He had to take this from Walter and Fox, but he didn't have to listen to it from anyone else.

"Alex, I know what it's like to be genetically bonded to someone. How their life becomes more important to you than your own, the need, the emptiness that is there whenever you're apart. What I want to know is, if it came to a choice, who would you pick Slava or Walter and Mulder? Or haven't you thought that far ahead?" Blaise stood there blocking the path. "Alex, I love you, Walter, and Mulder like my own flesh and blood, and I need to know where you stand with them."

Out of all the men on the estate the former Texas Ranger matched Alex closest when it came to fighting ability. Alex knew they'd both end up bloodied and batter if he tried to pass Blaise without answering his question. Besides no way was he going to hit a pregnant immortal. So, he had no other option than to answer the question.

"If it came to a choice I'd choose Walter and Fox, no matter how painful that choice is for me to make. Now get the hell out of my way, Justin," Krycek growled, pushing past him, shaking slightly. He didn't want to choose, he couldn't live without Nikolai. Oh God, what if they forced him to choose?


Northern China
Friday, April 21
11:30 p.m.

Ari tossed uncomfortably in his sleep as the pain in his belly grew stronger. His moans woke Duffy who instantly moved to his side and watched as pain etched across the immortal's beautiful face. He watched how the young man's hands clenched at his belly. His intuition immediately told him what was wrong.

"Damn!" he growled, crawled over to where Paul Danforth slept, and shook him awake. "Get up! Dammit!"

Paul stared at menacing face of the n'thral fearfully, not comprehending what was going on.

Duffy filled him in at once. "It's Ari, I think there is something wrong with the baby."

"Oh shit!" Paul shot out of his bedroll and was over to Ari's side instantly. "Ari, wake up. What's wrong with him?" Paul asked, when his friend continued to twist and moan in pain. He looked pleadingly at Duffy.

"I think it might be from riding horseback for five days. His body in its present condition most likely wasn't meant to endure that type of abuse," Duffy said.

"Is he going to lose the baby?" Paul asked weakly, as the other members of the gang roused from their sleep and gathered around.

Duffy shook his head. "I don't know, but it is important to keep him still and comfortable. Put some more blankets under him," the giant order and gently picked up Ari's lean body as the men rushed to prepare a comfortable bed for him.

Paul stood back after they were done and waited while Duffy gently placed Ari on the soft pillows and blankets. "What now?" Danforth asked, watching as Duffy removed Ari's pants that were stretched uncomfortably tight over the swell of his belly.

Duffy frowned angrily. "He shouldn't be wearing clothing this restricting." He gently laid his hand over the immortal's swollen belly, and felt the baby's frantic movements under his fingers. "How far along is he?"

"Almost six months," Paul replied, nervously ringing his hands together. "What do we do now?" he repeated.

"We wait and hope for the best," Duffy said, looking into Ari's terrified eyes as the young immortal regained consciousness. "Ssh, little one, it is going to be all right." He was surprised when Ari grabbed his hand and held on tightly.

"It hurts. Don't leave me, Duffy," Ari whimpered softly, a fine layer of sweat covered his face.

"I'm not going anywhere. Try to relax, Ari, and use your healing powers to calm your baby. Talk to her," Duffy said gently caressing the young man's belly. He started to feel the frantic movements slow down as Ari murmured softly to his unborn baby. His hands joined Duffy's on his belly and the pain slowly started to abate.

"I don't want to lose my baby, Duffy," he murmured, a silent tear ran down his cheek. "It's my fault for pushing us to ride fourteen hours a day. I should have known better."

"How could you? Ari, it is clear that you will not be traveling by horseback anytime soon. Don't worry, I will build a travois to carry you once you are able to travel again." Duffy told him, glancing up at the worried faces of the gang members gathered around. Duffy took charge of the situation. "Go back to bed. There is nothing more you can do. I'll watch over him."

They drifted away relieved that the giant was handling the situation. They felt helpless, not knowing how to help Ari, and deep down they were all afraid of the day when the baby would be born.

"How are you feeling?" Duffy asked as the others settled on the bare ground around the fire.

"Better. Thanks, Duffy, your advice seemed to have worked, she's calming down," Ari murmured quietly.

"Good. We'll rest here for a couple of days to be sure." Duffy tucked the blankets around the young man's body and sat back to watch over him.

Ari chewed on his bottom lip as he stared into Duffy's gentle brown eyes. "Duffy, can you lay beside me and hold me?"

Duffy smiled softly, and positioned his large frame beside Ari's and wrapped his arms around him.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Saturday, April 22 9:30 a.m.

"Fuck you, Walter!" Krycek shouted.

"My decision is final!" Skinner growled.

"Who died and made you King? Scrap that!" Krycek yelled frustrated. "You may be King, but you don't rule me!"

"I'm the head of this family and what I say goes!" Skinner said, getting into Krycek's personal space.

Krycek reached behind him and picked up the table lamp and whipped it angrily across the room. "You have no right, keeping him away from me!"

"You are my lover, Alex, and that gives me every right in the world!"

"Fuck off!"

Mulder was in the nursery trying to calm the two babies who were crying as loud as the angry voices in the next room. He gave up and scooped both babies into his arms and headed out of the room.

The loud shouting and crashes could be heard coming all the way into the kitchen, where most of the family was gathered. Hans met Hunter's worried eyes over the kitchen counter as he silently prepared breakfast for his lovers and friends.

The sounds of babies crying grew louder, and Mulder stepped tiredly into the kitchen holding Hope and Faith balanced on each hip. Spender jumped off the stool and took Faith from Mulder, and she nuzzled her damp face into his shirt smearing tears and snot onto the soft cotton. Spender only sighed, and held her closer, he was used to disgusting baby messes by now.

"What's going on, Mulder?" Spender asked, nodding in the direction of Mulder's bedroom as the shouting continued.

"Walter has banned all travel into and out of the country until after his coronation, and that includes Slava. Let's just say Alex isn't exactly too happy." Mulder was gently swaying with Hope, trying to quiet her crying.

Takeda placed a large platter of bacon and sausages on the lazy-Susan on the center of the breakfast table. "Mulder, Alex's desire for Slava isn't going to lessen by keeping them apart."

"Shin, what do you want us to do? Let Alex go to that bastard?" Mulder grumbled keeping his voice low not wanting to disturb Hope who had finally calmed down.

"Mulder, you don't know what it's like to be genetically bonded to someone. The heartache of being separated is unbearable. It might be preferable to allow Alex to see Slava. It's not like you're losing him. Alex said he'd divide his time equally between you and Slava," Shinji said, piling toast onto a plate and carrying that over to the table as well, just as Hans put down a large skillet of scrambled eggs mixed with green peppers, ham, onions, and cheese.

Mulder walked over and sat at the table next to Pyetr. "That's not good enough, there is Walter, too. If he has to see Slava I want Alex to spend more time with us than with him."

Kazuo finished filling his plate, looking across the table at Mulder who was preparing his own plate. "Talk to him, Mulder. I'm sure Alex would be agreeable to that arrangement."

Mulder spooned up a little of the scrambled eggs and cheese and offered it to Hope who ate it with enthusiasm. He had thought long and hard since Thursday about what Alex had said to him. Mulder hated the idea of sharing his lover, but he realized that he was being selfish and thinking only of himself. Alex couldn't help his feelings for Slava and it was unfair for him to deny his lover seeing the man. No matter how painful it was to him. "Okay, I'll talk to Alex. I don't know how I'm going to convince Walter to go along with it," Mulder sighed.

"Damn, that feels weird," Blaise gasped suddenly, dropping his fork onto his plate and reaching under the table to feel his belly.

"What's wrong?" Pyetr asked, concerned.

"I can feel the baby moving," Blaise said with a look of awe on his face. Hawk reached under the table and laid a hand over his lover's belly.

Mulder looked up from feeding Hope. "Does it hurt?"

"No, not at all. It just feels weird. God, it's cool knowing that there is a small life growing inside me. Mulder, you should try it sometime," Blaise said smirking over at him.

An idea came to Mulder as he alternated between a fork full of food for himself, then one smaller one for his daughter. He admitted to himself that he was deeply worried that someday Alex would decide to stay permanently with Slava. After all, everyone he had ever loved eventually left him. Why should his luck have changed? However, would Alex be able to leave him if he was pregnant with Alex's baby? It was a despicable thing to do, getting pregnant just to keep his lover with him a little while longer, but Mulder was scared out of his mind of losing Alex. He didn't look forward to being pregnant with both Walter's and Alex's babies at the same time, but he couldn't see any other way around it. He knew when he finally gave Alex his permission to see Slava, it was as good as telling his lover goodbye. "I'm going to try it during my next cycle," he said quietly, kissing the top of his daughter's head.

"That is good news, Mulder," Shinji said, placing a mug of coffee in front of him.

Alex came storming into the kitchen followed closely by Walter, neither men said a word as they went about helping themselves to breakfast, soundly avoiding physical contact with each other.

Faith sat in her highchair eating her yogurt with tiny pieces of fresh fruit and granola mixed in. She kept one eye on her father and uncle. Pyetr got up and gave his chair at the breakfast table to Alex. He then went to start cleaning up the dirty pots and pans. He didn't bother with the dishwasher, instead he used his powers to remove the greasy mess off them and with a wink of an eye all the dirty cookware was clean, dry, and hanging from the overhead rack.

Walter sat with Jeff, Shinji, Rory, and Hans at the counter. The silence in the kitchen was palpable. Finally Ayako crying from her bassinet in the family room broke the silence. Kazuo and Shinji both left to attend to their child. The other men used the moment to escape the uncomfortable atmosphere. Mulder turned to watch Alex shovel food into his mouth, he was sure Alex didn't even taste it.

Mulder turned his attention to Walter sitting alone at the kitchen counter. Both he and Alex had hurt Walter with their selfishness at wanting to take on other lovers. He more so than Alex. Alex really didn't have a choice, but he could have left Alex in Russia and gone home alone with Walter. No matter how much he loved Alex his love wasn't due to an uncontrollable bond like Alex's love was for Slava. He could have left Alex back then, it would have made Walter happy, even if it broke his own heart. That would have been the unselfish thing to do, but then of course Alex would more than likely be dead now and they would never have had Faith.

Now here he sat in the middle between his two angry lovers. Both with right on their sides. Hope squirmed on his lap wanting to get down. Mulder placed her on the floor and watched as she toddled over to Faith's highchair. A mischievous look appeared on Faith's face and before Mulder could respond she dumped the rest of her yogurt over the side of the highchair and onto her sister's head. Hope started crying as the cold mess dripped onto her face. Faith thought that was funny and started laughing and clapping her hands.

"Fox, can't you watch them closer?" Skinner grumbled.

Mulder ignored him and picked up Hope, removing the plastic cereal bowl from her head then turning to his other daughter. "Cutie, that was not nice and it certainly isn't funny," he scolded.

Alex was chucking, "Lighten up, Fox, it was too funny. The mouse looks cute with peaches and vanilla yogurt decorating her head."

Hope had stopped crying as her daddy held her protectively.

"Since you find it so amusing, Alex, you can give mouse a bath," Mulder said, setting the messy baby on Alex's lap and smiling with satisfaction as yogurt got on his lover's black T-shirt.

"Fox!" Krycek whined.

Skinner chuckled, "Serves you right."

"Alex, you can give Faith a bath at the same time, and make sure she doesn't try to drown her sister. I want to have a talk with Walter," Mulder said.

"Why? Are you going to coordinate your strategies to keep me prisoner here?" Krycek grumbled.

Mulder walked over to the young man and painfully yanked his head back by his thick hair so their faces were mere inches apart, then he hissed angrily, "Alex, don't start with me! I've had enough! I want peace in our family and if it requires a sacrifice then I am willing to make it! Now bathe the babies!" He let go of Alex's hair and stepped away. "Walter, your office now!" Mulder said, storming out of the kitchen.

Skinner entered his office to find Mulder staring out his window with tears running down his face. "Fox, what's wrong?" He had thought Mulder was taking the situation with Alex better than he was, but he guessed that wasn't so.

"I'm sorry, Walter. I never intended to hurt you back then or now," he murmured, his arms wrapped around his middle hugging himself.

"What are you talking about, Fox? You've never hurt me," Skinner said, hugging Mulder from behind he kissed the side of his lover's neck.

"I did when I asked you to share me with Alex. It was selfish of me to force that choice on you."

"Fox, it is a good thing that you did. I love Alex now as much as I love you," Skinner said. "Now what's this about hurting me now?"

"I'm asking you to let Alex go to Slava. We can't force him to stay with us against his will, it will only bring misery to all of us." Mulder hadn't expected Walter to spin him around and shove him up against the wall, pinning his body under Walter's.

"How can you ask that of me? I don't want Alex sharing that man's bed! Don't you love Alex? Or are you jealous of him being an immortal, too? Is he too much competition for you, Fox?" Skinner spit out angrily.

Mulder pushed against him. "Get your hands off me, Walter. I will no longer tolerate you or Alex touching me in anger." He waited until Skinner released him. "I love Alex more than you do or so it would appear. I'm willing to let him go instead of selfishly holding onto him. Walter, he's not our property. He has a free will ... "

"FREE WILL! He is genetically bonded to Slava! Alex has no free will in that situation!" Skinner growled.

"It doesn't matter, Walter! Alex is his own person, free to make his own decisions. Let him go, Walter, for Alex, for me, for our family. Don't hold him here against his will," Mulder pleaded.

Skinner turned away from him and stormed over to look out the window. He couldn't let Alex go, not to Slava. However, Fox was right, they would never have peace in their family if he forced Alex to stay, but could he trust Slava to allow him to come back to them? Or would Alex want to come back? Would he want Alex back after he shared that man's bed willingly? Fox seemed to out of guilt, but should that mean he should, too?

Mulder came up behind him and snaked his arms around Skinner's waist and rested his chin on the older man's broad shoulder. "Walter, during my next cycle I plan on getting pregnant with both yours and Alex's babies. I don't want us to be fighting during my pregnancy, I'm going to have enough to deal with mentally without that added misery."

"Why did you change your mind about having Alex's child at the same time as mine?" Skinner asked softly.

"Call me selfish, but I want Alex to have a reason to come back to me. I won't kid myself into believing that he won't be tempted to stay permanently with Slava, but at least if he does I'll have another reminder of him besides Faith," Mulder said sadly.

"Fox, you're that willing to let him go and that desperate to keep him with us?" Skinner asked bitterly, wanting to shake some sense into his lover, but hesitant because of the pain and worry in Fox's eyes.

"Yes and no, I can't force him to stay, but I can entice him to come back to us," Mulder replied sadly, knowing it was an irrational plan on his part.

"Okay, Fox, for you and our children. I won't stop Alex if he wants to see that Cossack bastard. I'll go and talk to him now," Skinner said. He didn't like to see Fox hurting and miserable. Especially after almost losing him, so in the end it was his love for Fox that made his decision more bearable.

"No let me, Walter. I want to see if I can get him to agree to some conditions."

"What conditions, Fox?"

"That he spends more time with us than Slava."

"Okay, Fox, but I still hate it, I'm only agreeing to this for you. If I had my way I'd tell Alex that if he left not to bother coming back! I'll be sleeping in the guest bedroom. I refuse to have sex with him if he goes to Slava," Skinner growled.

"Walter, don't. We need to convince Alex how much we love him, how much better it is with us than with Slava," Mulder argued.

"Fox, he should already know that!"

"Humor me on this. Please, Walter."

"Fox ... damn ... don't look at me like that ... you know I can't refuse you anything when you give me that ... look. Okay, I'll make mad passionate love to Alex for your sake. Happy?" Skinner sighed.

"Yes. And, Walter, there is a positive side ... well at least to me there is," Mulder said warmly, running his hands under Walter's shirt feeling his muscular body. His fingers stroked his lover's nipples, until they were hard nubs.

"What's that?" Skinner asked huskily, his body responding to his lover's gentle touch.

"I get you all to myself for at least two weeks at a time, it might not be a suitable compensation for you, but it is for me," Mulder said, kissing him passionately.

Skinner smiled against his lips. "Fox, that is more than suitable compensation for me. I can never get enough of you as it is, and the thought of having you for two weeks all to myself, will definitely lessen the pain over losing Alex those two weeks. Thanks for reminding me, babe."

Mulder's face lit up, feeling Walter's desire for him pressed against his hip. "We'll get through this together, Walter. I better go talk to Alex," he said, pulling away reluctantly .

Mulder found Alex in the bedroom dressing both babies. Mulder picked up Faith and breathed in her clean scent. He sat with her on the bed as Alex finished dressing Hope. "Alex, Walter has agreed to allow you to go to Slava, but I would like some promises from you first."

Krycek sat next to him holding Hope. "You're okay with sharing me with Slava?"

"No. No, I'll never be okay with that. But ... but ... I won't try to prevent you from seeing him," Mulder said tears streaming down his cheeks.

"Fox," Krycek said, placing a hand on Mulder's shoulder.

"Daddee, cry," Faith said, touching his face sadly.

"Daddy's okay, Cutie," Mulder said, sniffing, taking a deep breath he forced himself to be calm before he continued, letting go was harder than he had expected it would be. "I expect the time you spend with us to be double the time you spend with Slava. In addition, I would like you to stay with me until after my next cycle. Alex, I would like to have your baby," Mulder said blushing.

A wide smile split Krycek's face. "Fox, are you sure? What about Walter? I thought you were having his baby first?"

"I still am. When I heard that Cory Greene was pregnant with both of his lover's babies at the same time, I had thought about having yours and Walter's babies together. How much worse can it be having two babies over having only one baby?" Mulder said, he didn't want Alex to know that he had decided against having both their babies together, and only now was selfishly doing it to bind Alex closer to him.

"Are you really sure, Fox?"

"Yes, I'm sure. Alex, do you agree to spend more time with us than Slava?"

"You know I do, Fox. I'm just so happy that you are being so understanding. Do you think Walter will allow Nikolai into the country?" Krycek asked, putting Hope on the floor, she crawled over to her toy box.

"Alex, don't push Walter on this. He loves you so much that this is really killing him. Right now, he needs our support. His becoming King will be a difficult adjustment for all of us, but for Walter it will be a hundred times worse. Can you image someone as private as Walter being thrust into such a public position of power? He's doing it all for us, you know," Mulder shook his head sadly, hugging Faith who was standing on his lap, then he set her on the floor and lightly swatted her butt. "Down you go, munchkin, go play *nicely* with your sister."

Krycek frowned sadly. "I know that I'm being such a selfish jerk. I wish I could eliminate the need and love I have for Nikolai, but I can't, Fox, and Shinji doesn't really think that there will be anything he can do medically. I promise that I won't mention Nikolai again around Walter until it is time for me to go Russia. I do need to contact him though, do you mind if I use the computer in your office?"

Yes, he thought, but said, "No. Go ahead."

"Thanks, Fox," Alex said, kissing him then quickly dashing excitedly up the secret staircase.

"You don't have to enjoy it so much, Alex," Mulder muttered under his breath too softly for his lover to hear as he stomped up the stairs. A smacking noise and then a baby crying pulled his attention instantly over to his two little girls. Faith sat on the floor crying and Hope stood over her holding a plastic rattle. "Hope Mulder-Skinner, you do not, I repeat, you do not hit your sister," he scolded taking the rattle away as he kneeled next to Faith and pulled her into his lap. "Cutie, where's does it hurt?" he asked, feeling her head and sending out healing energies.

Hope's crying joined Faith's as she wailed over her daddy's scolding her. Mulder sighed and gathered her into his arms, too. "Does one even discipline babies?" he wondered. "Ssh, it's okay, daddy loves you both."


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Sunday, April 23
5:30 a.m.

Alex climbed out of bed and headed into the bathroom, stretching tiredly. He felt wonderful. Both of his lovers spent hours pleasuring him last night, it was like the confrontation yesterday morning between him and Walter never happened. Alex stepped into the shower. He was glad they had overcome their differences because he had been prepared to sneak out of the country to get back to Slava if he had to. Alex finished his shower and got dressed then wandered into the nursery to look at his daughter and niece. He still wanted to take Faith with him on his visits to Slava, but he decided not to push Fox just yet. He'd let Fox get comfortable with the routine of him visiting Slava first.

"Alex, why are you up so early?" Skinner asked, sitting up, careful not to disturb Fox.

"I thought I'd make you and Fox breakfast in bed this morning."

"Mm, sounds good," Skinner said, sliding back under the covers.

Alex smiled and headed toward the kitchen. He found Frohike working at the kitchen counter drinking coffee. It looked like the little man hadn't slept in days.

"Hey, Frohike, where have you been?" Krycek asked.

"Trying to get a lead on my Russian double and that creature Rory and Kazuo spotted," he replied.

"Any luck?" Krycek asked, pulling the fixings together for eggs benedict, he worked while Frohike talked.

"Kinda. A creature matching its description was spotted flying near the White Mountains in Alaska. In addition, there is a major construction project going on in the area. My source and his friends were hired to hunt caribou and other game to feed thousands of n'thral slaves who were being used on the project. My source said his employer appeared to be human, but he was almost positive that he was only hired help," Frohike said.

"So, what are you going to do now?"

"Langly suggested that maybe we should go up there with a couple of sorcerers and scope the place out. If that creature is in the area I might be able to sense it or at least Fyodorov if he is still alive," Frohike replied.

"Is it very likely that he'd still be alive? If that creature is an offshoot of the ghouls like has been suggested in the newspapers, then it's more likely that Fyodorov's bones are scattered around its lair." Krycek prepared two trays.

"I don't think that creature is connected to the ghouls at all. I think it might even be intelligent," Frohike said. "Do you need any help?"

"Yeah, if you don't mind can you fix a couple of bowls of cream of rice for the babies," Krycek said, placing a poached egg on top of the slice of Canadian bacon resting on top an English muffin on both plates, he then poured the sauce over them. "What sorcerers were you planning on taking with you?"

"I thought I'd ask Walter if I could take Special Agents Lars Johnson and Dakota Jones. I don't want to take Gabriel or anyone from here, not with their lovers being pregnant," Frohike said, adding the bowls of cereal to the trays.

Alex finished by adding bacon, toast, and glasses of orange juice. "Do you mind helping me carry these back to the bedroom?"

"No problemo," Frohike said.

"Life was so much easier when I was a sorcerer," Krycek sighed.

Both his lovers were sitting up in bed with their robes on and the babies playing happily between them. "Hey, Frohike," Mulder smiled.

"Morning, Mulder. It's nice to see you in one piece again," the little man said, placing the tray over his lap.

"Thanks to Alex," Mulder replied, smiling over at Alex who, after placing the tray over Walter's lap, climbed onto the bed.

"I know, I was here when Walter returned with Alex. I need to talk to you later, Walter, if you have the time?" Frohike said, moving toward the door.

"Sure, Melvin, how about I meet you in my office at nine o'clock?"

"Thanks, Walter," Frohike replied, leaving the room.

"Frohike seemed rather subdued, is there something wrong?" Mulder asked.

"While you were dead an unidentifiable winged creature snatched Marat Fyodorov and flew off with him. Frohike has been trying to track that creature," Krycek said, taking one of the bowls of cereal off the tray, he scooped up Hope and started feeding her. Mulder was already alternating between feeding himself and feeding Faith.

"Juju, daddee," Faith ordered.

"That's juice *please,* Mulder corrected, holding the glass for her to sip from. "A winged creature? Why didn't anyone tell me sooner that something has happened to Marat?"

"Fox, we had a lot of other problems more important than some blasted mutant or that damn traitor," Skinner grumbled.

"What do you mean traitor?" Mulder asked.

"Fyodorov used his powers to prevent Melvin and Jeff from finding out that Alex and Rory had been captured by Gullbrand. The little weasel was in contact with Slava the whole time," Skinner said.

"Oh." Mulder chewed thoughtfully on a slice of bacon. If there was a new type of mutant on the loose, he was going to hunt for it. No matter what Walter or Alex said.


The Nation's Old Capital
Thursday, April 27
2:30 p.m.

The coronation ceremony went off without incident. It seemed that the Generals weren't the only ones worried about the decay of their country's government. Most citizens wanted security for themselves and their families, even if that meant living under a monarchy with a sorcerer for their king.

The protesters that had appeared were kept well away from the ceremony.

Mulder and Krycek stood holding Hope and Faith at Skinner's side as the symbolic crown was placed on his head. The reporters had a field day snapping their photos of the new king along with all of the other immortals from Foxfire Glenn who were in the seats reserved for family.

After the ceremony was over several of the King's generals and advisors gathered around him and his family. General Clayton Kline stepped forward. "Your majesty, we have a present for your coronation."

Skinner raised his eyebrows. "What, Clay?"

"We started work on your palace a week ago and would like to show it to you and your family. We have several helicopters standing by to take us there," the General said.

"It's only been a week, Clay. How much could there be to show us?" Skinner questioned.

Krycek and Mulder exchanged puzzled looks, this was the first time they had heard anything about a palace or moving from their home.

"You'd be amazed how much can be done when you have twenty-thousand sorcerers working together. Ten of the sorcerers are top architects. They've collaborated on the design and included everything that you requested and more, then they coordinated the construction process. We're still about a week away from completion, but I think you will be quite pleased when you see it."

"Walter, we're moving?" Mulder asked bitterly. He loved their home and didn't like the idea of moving, especially into a cold, impersonal palace.

"Why?" Krycek asked, sharing Mulder's feelings.

Skinner looked at his two pouting beauties, sensing their bitterness at the prospect of leaving the estate. "Fox, Alex, we couldn't continue to live at the mansion, we needed a more secure home for our growing family. You're both going to love it. You'll have a lot more freedom than you did at Foxfire Glenn, in fact you'll have the whole island to roam around including going into town by yourselves."

"Island? Where exactly is this *home* that we're going to love so much?" Mulder asked.

"Martha's Vineyard."

"Walter, Martha's Vineyard is not a small island, there are a lot of people who live there. How can we possibly move around safely with that many people?" Mulder asked, he did love Martha's Vineyard and was warming to the idea of living there.

General Kline spoke up addressing Mulder and Krycek. "Your Highnesses, we seized all properties on the island and compensated the former owners, before moving them to the mainland. The island is under total control of the crown, and only servants and the royal guard will be permitted to live there. The kingdom's subjects will be allowed only on the island on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays when the King holds court. There will be some restrictions to your movements on those days only for safety reasons, but the other four days you are free to move around the island unfettered." The General neglected to mention that a lot of the residents did not want to move and didn't find the compensation adequate.

"You're certain the island will be secure on those days, General Kline?" Krycek questioned, not that he was concerned about his own safety, but he wanted to make sure Fox was safe when he wasn't there to protect him.

"We have an around the clock force of clairvoyants whose only job is to see that no one gets on the island who isn't suppose to be there. Not to mention a five hundred man sorcerer force whose duty is to guard the royal family and the other nobles at the palace," the General replied as he led them to the waiting helicopters.

"Nobles? What nobles?" Mulder asked baffled.

General Kline looked from Mulder over to Skinner. "Ah, your Majesty ..."

"I'll handle it, Clay," Skinner said. "Fox, I've given all of our family at Foxfire Glenn titles. They are now part of this kingdom's nobility."

"Oh, I thought there'd be more to it than that," Mulder mumbled. He still couldn't get over the fact that his Walter was King, and the United States no longer existed, except in the history books. It all seemed so surreal to him. He looked over at his friends who were all talking excitedly as they boarded separate helicopters. "Walter, everyone knew about this but Alex and I, didn't they?"

"Yes, but I asked them not to mention it until after the coronation ceremony. I wanted it to be a surprise," Skinner said, taking Hope from Mulder as he climbed aboard the helicopter.

Mulder paused in the doorway of the helicopter to look back over the Capital grounds. Maybe they would turn this place into a big museum someday, he mused.


Chapter 17 - The Crystal Palace

Martha's Vineyard
Crystal Palace
Thursday, April 27
4:30 p.m.

Mulder was overwhelmed as he stared out the helicopter's window at the immense structure rising above the island. It was the size of many, many city blocks and sparkled like a thousand stars. To say it was beautiful would have diminished it somehow. It was like nothing he had ever seen before, the palace appeared to be made almost entirely out of crystals and white marble. Lead crystal prisms made up the tops of the turrets fracturing the light casting rainbows from one turret over to another a mile away. It was like a picture from some fairytale book. Mulder's hand tightened around Alex's as he leaned over the seat for a better view.

"It's magnificent, Clay," King Walter said in awe.

The General chuckled with delight. "You should see how overjoyed your architects were by the project. It was as if we granted their greatest wish to them, and the resources and men to achieve it. Wait 'til you see the interior," he said proudly.

"General, aren't you concerned that those crystals will start fires all over the island?" Krycek asked.

"No. They were designed so the light is retained within the walls, which is then converted to energy that will be used to heat and light the palace and the surrounding villages."

Mulder noticed suddenly that the island's towns and estates had been demolished and were being replaced with new villages that were offshoots of the massive palace in appearance. He was saddened when he realized that his childhood home was gone along with the neighborhood his father had lived in before his death. The walls surrounding the outer perimeter around the palace had guard towers every half-mile around its circumference. The palace itself appeared to be only half complete. It was in the shape of a hexagon with six turrets and was seven-stories, in the center was a twenty-six story tower. An immense glass covered garden stood between the seven-story hexagon and the center tower, he thought he caught a glimpse of several swimming pools inside the glassed-in center area. However the center tower blocked most of his view of it.

The helicopters set down inside the perimeter walls. Hundreds of men waited at attention outside the main entrance. "Your personal security team along with the palace's staff. They have already moved into the servant's quarters on the third, fourth, and fifth floors of the tower, and your advisors, assistants, and their families are moving into the new villages around the island as they are completed," General Kline said.

An excited murmured ran through the waiting staff as each of the immortals departed from the helicopters. Alex, Fox, and Shinji captured the men's attention the most as each was holding their daughters.

Mulder held Hope as he looked down the length of the hexagon shaped palace and realized from where he stood he could not see an end to it. He had no idea what his lover had planned for putting in that amount of space. The section they were standing in front of had two golden doors that opened into the palace's main foyer. The doors were over two stories in height and the foyer was the size of two football fields, it led from the outer hexagon directly to the large center tower. The tower had several glass-enclosed elevators around its perimeter. Mulder looked up through the glass ceiling at the crystal tower as he followed General Kline across the foyer and into the circular throne room directly underneath the tower. The throne room was large enough to easily hold a several thousand men. A crest marked the center of the floor. Mulder bit back a moan as he studied the crest. A fierce bear was in the center; on either side of the bear were a fox and a cat, surrounded by a litter of young. He glared over at Walter, but his lover pretended to be looking elsewhere.

Hope suddenly wanted down, she had spotted a fifty-foot manmade waterfall that emptied into a medium sized pond at the south end of the foyer. Mulder let her down and followed her out of the throne room and over to it. Inside the pond small fish swam around, and a Japanese style bridge crossed over it to a large solarium and indoor garden on the other side.

"Fish, daddee," Hope squealed with delight, pointing at the shapes darting around. She tried to climb into to the pond, but Mulder scooped her back up.

"Oh no you don't, princess," Mulder said.

"Baby take bath," she pouted.

"Baby, takes baths in bathtubs not in a fish ponds," he smiled, kissing and hugging her against his chest.

Scully came up to him smiling. "Mulder, you are not going to be able to keep any of the kids from going in that pond at some point."

"Neither are you," Mulder laughed, looking at her round belly. Scully was already twice the size of the pregnant immortals.

Skinner came over to them and wrapped his arms around Fox and their daughter. "Do I sense a problem, Fox?"

"This place isn't exactly child proofed, Walter," Mulder said, glancing up the twenty-six stories and at the wrap-around balconies. "I do not like the idea of our children drowning or taking a twenty story plunge."

"There is no way for them to get hurt falling even from the top floor. The whole center column going up has an antigravity field surrounding it; they will just slowly descend to the shatterproof glass ceiling where we'll collect them. As for the pond. Guards will be stationed inside and outside the foyer twenty-four hours a day, no way can they get into the pond without someone seeing them," Skinner assured.

"Guards," Mulder sighed, some home this was going to be, he thought staring up at the cut-crystal walls and shimmering white marble floors, it was beautiful, but it was also cold and impersonal. "Where's our bedroom, and there'd better not be a guard stationed outside its door?"

"Don't worry, Fox," Skinner said chuckling. "We have the whole twenty-six floor of the main tower to ourselves. Our friends are in the floors below ours. Dana and her family are on the fifteenth floor with Kim and Tony, Doctor Pendrell, Tristan Woods, and a few of my Generals and their families."

Mulder beamed, this was news to him. "Really? Dana, that's great. I won't have to get an escort to visit you now."

"We couldn't resist moving here when Walter offered us the chance," Charles Scully said, coming to stand beside his sister. "With Trevor showing signs of having the sorcerer mutation, we thought it would be a good idea to have him around others who could guide him through the change, and train him how to use his new powers."

"I didn't know that about Trevor," Mulder said, smiling as he looked across the foyer to where Trevor was talking excitedly to his brother Randy and Cousin Scott. "That is good news, I'm sure Walter and the others would be happy to train him."

Krycek strolled over with Faith riding in a carrier on his back. "Walter, this place is awesome. Let's go up and see our rooms. Shinji was telling me that you've included personal offices for Fox and myself," he beamed, like a kid with a new bike on Christmas.

"Which floor is Shinji on?" Mulder asked, looking back up and estimating how much living space would be on each floor from the circumference of the tower. He approximated at least a hundred thousand square feet.

"Shinji and his family is on the twenty-fifth floor, Hans, Gabriel, and Melvin are on the twenty-fourth floor, Justin, Joe, and Pyetr are on the twenty-third floor. Sung Lee and Luis Marquez are moving here from San Francisco they will be on the twenty-second floor. Byers and Langly have moved their offices and apartments into turret number three, along with that researcher friend of yours Chuck," Skinner said.

Mulder was touched that Walter had allowed his friends to move to the island. It didn't occur to him that his lover might have had ulterior motives. In that the more people who Mulder frequented with that lived here, the less likely it would be that Mulder would need to leave the island.

They climbed on the elevator and Skinner held open the door as he shouted over to Spender. "Hey, Jeff! Shake a leg, we're going up to see our new home."

Spender broke off his conversation with Bill Scully and dashed over to the elevator. He had been surprised when Skinner had informed him that he'd be staying on the twenty-sixth floor with them, including him in with their family. He reached over and took his niece from Mulder, holding Hope so she could see out the window of the elevator.

Skinner used the built-in security device on the elevator. "Arty, the twenty-six floor," he said while placing his eye against a retina scanner and thumb into another scanner. A sultry computerized male voice sounded from a built in speaker. "Good afternoon, your majesty, enjoy the view while I take you and your guests up to your floor."

Skinner smirked over at the three men. "Thank you, Arty. The elevator has been programmed to recognize all of your voices in conjunction with your retinas and thumb print, it also has a video camera for visual identification. If any of those do not match the elevator will not go past the fifteenth floor and the palace's security will be notified."

"Walter, who was the man that just spoke?"

"Arty is the building's artificial intelligence computer system," Skinner said.

Mulder frowned, he did not like the sound of that. The last run in he had with an AI computer system had cost the life of his former partner Jerry Lamana, and it almost killed Scully. Mulder gazed out over the landscape as the elevator rose to their floor. He pursed his lips thoughtfully together as he stared across the ocean, thinking about his work as a FBI agent and the small freedom it brought him. "Walter, we need to make arrangements for me to get to the mainland each day for work."

Krycek looked at Mulder as if he had lost his mind. Skinner had been prepared for the possibility that Mulder would not want to quit his job at the FBI, even though Skinner was now King and wouldn't be able to accompany him to the FBI each day.

Krycek spoke up first. "Fox, you can't work off the island with no one to watch out for you! Especially after someone tried to kill you! I forbid it!"

"Alex, you really don't have a say in my continuing to work. This decision is solely between Walter and I. You gave up all rights to any input regarding some aspects of my life when you took Slava as a lover," Mulder said bitterly.

"Fox, that isn't fair! We're married. You are my husband, and I demand an equal say in your life!" Krycek snapped.

"Only if you give up Slava. Alex, you can't have it both ways. I've stepped back and allowed you to take him as a lover, giving up a significant portion of our life together just so you can be with him. Now I expect the same consideration from you. Step away. This part of my life no longer belongs to you, our marriage ends at the bedroom door," Mulder said his voice broached no room for arguments.

Skinner stood there just relishing the guilt, anger, and remorse on Alex's too beautiful face. He wanted to let Alex stew thinking that Fox would be in danger while Alex was cuddling up in Slava's bed. However, Skinner finally answered Mulder's question. "Fox, I'm having the FBI headquarters moved to the far end of the palace. One section of the hexagon alone is five times the amount of space of the former Hoover building."

The startled look on Mulder's face was priceless. "Bear, I'm beginning to see a pattern here. Have you moved my barber onto the island, too?"

//Bear?// Skinner thought, then remembered the emblem in the throne room, he looked disapprovingly at Mulder who smiled back at him saucily. "Yes, now that you mentioned it, and your favorite Chinese restaurant and pizza parlor. Oh, and Mike's pub is moving into the village," Skinner grinned. He loved being one up on Mulder for a change.

Krycek only partly heard what Walter said. He was wallowing in his own misery over Fox excluding him from a large portion of his life. Alex was starting to have doubts for the first time about his decision to go to Slava. What was the greater heartache? Not seeing Slava again or Fox's rejection? He sighed, Fox's rejection he concluded without any hesitation.

They stepped out of the elevator into a beautiful large anteroom complete with a cascading water fountain. The floor was a warm maple with an expensive area rug. Double doors opened into their new home. Mulder gasped at how beautiful and warm it felt, unlike the cold marble and crystal of the downstairs foyer. Everything in the upstairs apartment was warm woods, rich fabrics, and earthy colors in the paints and wall coverings.

Skinner showed them around proudly. Their new bedroom was twice the size of their old room with a large round bed in the center of the room, it was much bigger than a king-size bed. The nursery made the one at Foxfire Glenn look like a closet. There was room for a dozen cribs, including space for dressers, changing tables and more.

"Walter, I know you want a large family, but I was thinking one or two every few years not a dozen at once," Mulder quipped, walking around the large empty nursery, smiling at the Cinderella wallpaper.

"Better safe than sorry," Skinner muttered, he wanted to have a couple of babies each year once Alex's body developed a womb. He already had interviewed several nannies, but he hadn't told Fox or Alex yet.

Mulder wandered around looking in doors and counting rooms, he eventually gave up when he turned down another hallway and found even more doors. "Walter, just how many bedrooms do we have up here?" he asked, stepping into a large entertainment room.

"Forty."

"Forty?" Mulder mouthed.

"It might seem like a lot of bedrooms now, but in twenty to fifty years, we'll probably be glad we have the space," Skinner said amused.

Spender looked at them sadly with the knowledge that while they were going to live forever, he would be a very old man in fifty years and maybe even dead.

Skinner grabbed Mulder's and Alex's hands. "C'mon, I have one more surprise to show you," he said, dragging them in the opposite direction from where Mulder had been exploring earlier. Spender tagged behind carrying Hope and making faces at Faith who was riding in a harness on Krycek's back. Faith laughed at him and bounced excitedly. Skinner took them through several hallways until they came out into another large atrium with an elevator and two doors on the opposite side that were thirty feet apart. Each door had a brass plaque on it. One said Alex Mulder-Krycek and the other Fox Skinner-Krycek-Mulder.

"It's a good thing my first name is short," Mulder mused at the long name.

"Go ahead, open it," Skinner urged with a big grin on his face.

Krycek and Mulder entered their respective rooms simultaneously. "Wow!" they both gasped.

Skinner had followed Krycek through his door, and watched happily as Alex looked around in awe at the office furnishings. Walter had purchased only the finest from the best Russian craftsmen. The centerpiece of the room was a floor to ceiling aquarium that separated Alex's office from Fox's. An arched passageway ran through the center of the aquarium connecting the two rooms. Mulder stood in the center of the passageway that was nine feet long, three feet wide, and seven feet high, he was looking up at colorful saltwater fish that swam above his head.

"Down, Daddee," Faith whined, when she saw her sister standing in the tunnel with her Daddy Fox.

"Hold on, Cutie. Walter, can you?" Krycek asked, turning so Faith was facing him.

"Come to, Uncle Walter, Cutie," Skinner said lifting her out then setting her on the floor. She gave him a toothsome grin then waddled across the room to the aquarium, and slapped at the glass.

"Purty fish. Cutie hold, daddee," she said, pointing at a fish that came close to the glass.

"Sorry, munchkin, but you cannot hold the fish. They need to stay in the water or they will die," Mulder said softly, kneeling next to her.

"What die, daddee?"

"Alex, can you help me out here?" Mulder sighed, looking at his daughter, how does one explain death to an eleven-month old? She was already way too smart for her age.

Alex smiled and knelt beside them and picked Faith up. "Cutie, when fish die they float on the top of the water. You know like we see all the time in Daddy Fox's fish tank back home. Then Daddy Fox scoops them out and flushes them down the toilet, and we never see the fish again," Alex smirked over at Mulder who rolled his eyes and groaned.

"Thanks, Alex, that was a big help," Mulder sighed, taking their daughter into his arms. "Faith, we will discuss this when you are older."

"No fush fish," she scowled.

Mulder looked up at Walter and smiled. "Walter, thank you, the office is perfect, even with the built in corner playpen. Just how many kids are you planning for us to have in the next fifty year?"

"However many you and Alex want, babe," Skinner smiled slyly.

"Yeah, right," Mulder smirked. "Ah, did either of you remember to bring the diaper bag?" he asked after catching a whiff of Faith who was looking suddenly grumpy.

Krycek looked over at Skinner. "Walter, can you just zap a clean diaper on her?"

Skinner didn't like using his powers for anything that had to do with taking care of his daughter or niece. He wanted as much hands on with them as possible, like a normal family. Besides Fox had to suffer through the job of changing diapers the normal way, so he had forced himself to do it, too. However, this wasn't normal circumstance so he concentrated ever so slightly and replaced the soiled diaper with a fresh one.

"I think it is time we start heading back. The girls are getting tired and surly, and it's been a long day for all of us," Mulder said standing.

"We'll start moving some of our stuff this weekend. I want to be moved in before next Thursday," Skinner said leading the way back to the elevator.


Washington D.C.
Monday, April 3011:30 p.m.

A vagrant paused and looked up at the still figure perched on the edge of the roof of the old brick office building, his liquor soaked brain believed it to be only a stone gargoyle. He didn't even find it strange that a stone statue had a smoldering cigarette dangling from its lips.

The smoker chuckled with delight upon seeing his wayward son, leave the hospital where he was doing volunteer work in the evenings. "So, Jeffrey, you thought you could betray me?" he whispered as he watched the young man climb into his car.

CGB Spender launched himself off the roof of the building and silently glided after his son's car, until it turned on the remote road leading to the estate. He dropped out of the sky landing on the roof of the car with a thud, and smashed the windshield then peeled the roof off as if it were made out of cardboard.

Jeff was horrified as he saw the sharp claws coming into the car after him. He yanked desperately at his seatbelt, tugging it off him and crawled out of the car, staring up in terror at the looming winged beast.

"Jeffrey, my son, are you afraid of your own father?" the creature asked with a chuckle.

Spender's eyes widen in fear as he recognized the beast's face. "Father?" He slowly crept backwards as he searched around for a way to escape, but to no avail as his father swiftly snatched him up. Spender called out telepathically to warn Mulder of the danger to him and their family.

"That's it, Jeffrey, warn your brother about me. We'll be one big happy family soon enough. Now I think it is time I got you back home where you belong. There's been a lot of changes at the Spender homestead, my boy," the creature said pleasantly as he flew into the sky with his son clutched firmly to his breast. Jeffrey's struggles lessened as he looked down at the land several hundred feet below. The higher they flew the colder he became, and he started shivering uncontrollably, and wished that he had worn a jacket. The younger Spender felt the space shifting around them and they seemed to pass through some sort of spatial anomaly and the air became even colder. He craned his neck to see where they were and noticed a mountain range, the peaks were covered with snow. Jeff determined that they were no where near D.C. any longer.

"Welcome to your new home, son," the creature chuckled, soaring around a large granite fortress, that was constructed in the side of the mountain.


Mulder felt a surge of fear wash over him in bone chilling waves as Jeff's message reached him, and the image of their father's hideous form was etched forever on his mind. He dropped the box he was packing, for Wednesday's move to the island onto the floor of his office. Crying out telepathically to Walter as he dashed down the staircase to their bedroom, showing Walter the same image Jeff had sent him.

"Stay here with Alex and the babies, Fox," Skinner ordered as he dashed out of the bedroom.

"No! I'm coming, Walter, he's my brother!" Mulder shouted following Skinner toward the outside door.

Alex was left with the two babies wondering what was going on. He couldn't leave them to find out, so he called after his lovers telepathically. *Hey, guys, what the hell is up?*

*That cancer ridden son of a bitch has Jeff,* Mulder informed him and at the same time showed Alex the image from Jeffrey of what the smoker now looked like.

*Fox, get your butt back in here!* Krycek growled angrily.

*Fuck off, Alex,* Mulder shot back and ran behind Skinner down the driveway. He was sick of being coddled.

Skinner glared back at him. It was all he needed was for Fox to get seriously hurt three days before his next cycle started. Skinner did not want to wait another month to get him pregnant. He sighed with relief as Hunter and MacIver intercepted them at the end of the driveway. "Gabriel, take Fox back to the mansion," he ordered.

"C'mon, Fox. Orders are orders and he is the King," Hunter said, blocking Mulder's path.

"Walter, if you don't want to sleep on the sofa for the next week I suggest you order Gabriel to get out of my way. And, Walter, that means no sex," Mulder growled.

"Ah shiiit! Let him through, Gabriel, but keep your eye on him," Skinner snapped. Fox could be so pigheaded and Skinner had no doubt that his lover meant what he said, even if it meant denying him the chance for a son during Fox's next cycle.

Mulder pulled along side Skinner. "I would have still allowed you to get me pregnant this cycle, Walter," he said softly as they stopped beside the twisted ruins of Spender's car.

"Now you tell me, Brat," Skinner sighed, bending to examine the torn metal.

"There's no energy burns," Mulder said, studying the wreck. "The smoking bastard didn't use any powers to rip the top off this car, it looks like he used raw strength alone. I wonder if that means he doesn't have any sort of powers? Besides the ability to fly and incredible physical strength," he mused.

"We shouldn't underestimate him, Fox. That man is a sneaky SOB. I'll launch a full scale manhunt for him and Jeff. Hopefully he won't hurt his own flesh and blood," Skinner said.

"He did before out of anger," Mulder said quietly. He had really come to like Jeffrey in the five months they'd been together. He looked up at the night sky and prayed silently that Jeff would be okay.


Siberia
Tuesday, May 1
4:30 p.m.

Duffy walked behind Paul Danforth's horse carrying the back end of the travois the front end was attached to the horse. The giant had designed the travois so there would be very little jarring or bouncing as they navigated over the rough terrain. He didn't understand why they were traveling in such a round about way to the United States instead of just taking a plane or a boat. Or for that matter why Ari and his gang were going to the United States in the first place.

He stared down at Ari. The young man lay awake on his back watching him with an almost dreamy expression on his beautiful face. After the initial scare of nearly losing his baby, Ari had been quiet and melancholy, allowing Duffy to make most of the decisions involving his care.

"We will hire a boat to take us and the horses across the Bering Strait and into Alaska," Ari informed him suddenly.

"Why don't we just fly to wherever you're going in the United States?" Duffy asked.

"Are you questioning me, slave?"

"You can cut the crap, Ari. I could have left or killed your entire gang days ago if I chose to. Now, I want an honest answer. Why don't we fly?"

Ari tossed his head back and started to laugh, his voice had a lovely bell like quality that shot bolts of desire straight to Duffy's groin. "I was wondering when you'd start showing some backbone, Duffy." His laughter stopped as suddenly as it started and he grew reflective. "I don't fly because my father was killed in an airplane crash before I was born. I'm scared to death of flying. We don't take a ship any farther than we have to because half my gang gets severe sea sickness."

Duffy's raised his eyebrows in disbelief then roared with laughter. "I'm sorry about your dad, Ari, but your gang sounds like the Apple Dumpling gang. You'd make a great Disney movie."

"If you think we're so funny you can leave anytime you'd like," Ari pouted annoyed, sinking back down on the travois.

Duffy looked at him seriously. "No, Ari, I can't leave you. I want to make sure you do not loose the baby. I really think we should find a place for you to rest until it is time," he said softly.

"I still have three months, and want to reach the States first. Once we get there we can travel by truck to the East Coast. I will rest and have my baby there. Then we can attend to the business my gang was hired to do," Ari said tiredly.

"Can you at least tell me what Kong hired you for?" Duffy asked.

"No, Duffy. You would never approve. So it is better if you do not know." Changing the subject Ari asked, "What do you think I should name my daughter?"

"Are you sure it will be a girl?" Duffy asked, adjusting his grip on the travois.

"Yes."

"Don't you think a name should be something you and Paul decide on? After all he is the father," Duffy said, looking jealously at the back of Paul's head as he rode the horse. Duffy knew that no matter how much he loved Ari or how much the beauty seemed to like him that they would never have children together.

Ari looked at him with a sour face and whispered, "He wanted to name her Daphne or Daisy."

"Oh, I can see your point. Why don't you wait until she is born, then pick a name for her," Duffy suggested.

Ari looked into to Duffy's eyes, a smile played on his lips as he asked softly, "What was your mother's name, Duffy?"

"Katherine. Her family all called her Kat," Duffy sighed, remembering his mother.

"Hmm, Kat Summers. I like that," Ari murmured contently, closing his eyes and drifting off to sleep, he didn't see the tears streaming down the giant's cheeks.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Tuesday, May 1
2:30 p.m.

Mulder forced himself to be happy for Hope's benefit, it was her first birthday. The family had gone all out with the decorations and party favors. Walter's cousins had prepared the food and made the cake. Inwardly Mulder was wrought with worry over his half-brother's abduction. Several agents were already on their way up to Alaska to check out the area around White Mountain. He only hoped that they would be able to find some sign of the smoker and Jeffrey, he really wished that he was with them.

Mulder ran a brush through Hope's soft sable hair. The deep purple in the velvet dress made her green eyes glow brighter. He smiled at her. She was adorable, so like her uncle. Walter was pacing back and forth in their bedroom waiting for him. The photographers from several news services around the world were here. With Hope being the world's first virus free female baby born and her daddy being this country's new King, her first birthday was garnering massive media attention.

"Walter, calm down. You've faced the press before, and you will be facing them everyday now that you are King."

"Fox, this is the first time we're facing them as a royal family. I'm just concerned that I'll fall on my face and humiliate you," Skinner sighed. "Besides, I don't like exposing Hope and Faith to all this publicity."

"We have no choice. Even without you being King, Hope's birthday would have been in the spotlight. Men are eating this stuff up. You know half of them dream of their sons someday marrying her. You think we have it hard now, just wait until her sweet sixteen party," Mulder quipped.

"Faith will be turning sixteen a month after Hope. We'll just have to hold a royal ball in their honor," Skinner said seriously.

Mulder picked Hope up and cuddled her in his arms. "Princess, you are going to be one pampered young lady," he murmured. He looked around the bedroom; this was the last night they would be staying here. Tomorrow they would be moving into the palace. "I'm going to miss this place," he sighed.

"Yeah, so am I. We've had lots of memorable moments here, Fox, but we'll make new memories at our new home. C'mon, let's face the music. I think Alex and Faith have kept the press and our guests entertained long enough. Don't you?"

"They probably have them all totally enchanted." Mulder stopped at the door. "Do you really think he's okay, Walter?"

"I don't know, Fox. Jeff is tough ... I don't think that bastard took him to kill him."

"I hope not," Mulder sighed, handing Hope to Walter. They walked side-by-side down the hallway, on their way to the downstairs patio.


White Mountain
Alaska
Tuesday, May 1
4:30 p.m.

Spender was still shivering uncontrollably. He was chained naked hanging from the ceiling inside the fortress. That thing that used to be his father, that used to be human, would come in every hour on the hour to make sure he was still awake. How could he sleep? The lights were all too bright and the endless dripping of water tore painfully into his brain.

He had seen the two immortals that his father had forcefully taken as his mates. Spender had been surprised when he found out their identities. He, like all the world, had assumed they were both long dead, killed by the consortium in one of their mortality experiments.

He shook inwardly as that creature came back into the room. However, this time at his side on leashes, were the two immortals, perfumed and jeweled, and dressed in the finest silks and furs. They met his eyes fearfully.

"Aton, Azure, isn't my son handsome? You should see my other son Fox, so beautiful, soon he will be coming to stay with us too, along with his mate Alex. Alex is a new immortal. From what I've heard he is of unsurpassable beauty," the smoker purred, trailing a clawed finger down Jeffrey's chest. "I have a present for you, son." He smiled wickedly, then turned back to the two immortals pointing to a stone bench. "My beauties, sit down, make yourselves comfortable. You are about to witness a miracle. My son is going to be transformed into a magnificent being just like myself."

From his pocket the smoker pulled a syringe with the last of the serum inside, which had altered his genetic makeup turning him into a cold, bat-like creature. He relished the look of fear in his son's eyes as gripped his arm searching for a vein.

"Please, father, don't."

"Don't beg, Jeffrey! Spender's never beg. Your brother Fox wouldn't, he'd more than likely spit in my eye!" The smoker smiled at the thought of his other son. Mulder was a man of conviction, courage, and principles. No shades of gray made up Mulder's universe.

Jeff gasped as the needle pierced his flesh. Soon he felt a burning sensation that grew stronger until he screamed out in pain and passed out. The formula raced through his veins altering his genes binding with the present mutant cells already there, causing his change to be different from that of his black hearted father.

Ian Hennesey watched helplessly as the young man was given the serum, he turned his eyes away from the naked body as it jerked convulsively in the chains.

The smoker walked around the unconscious, twisting body. He touched the two buds that appeared on his son's back. "We shall go eat, my lovelies, then we'll return to see how much further my son's transformation has progressed."

Ian rose quickly wanting to flee from this room, but he glanced one final time at the young man. It saddened him to think that this handsome man would become a hideous creature like his father.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Tuesday, May 1
2:30 p.m.

Mulder laughed as he watched Walter's cousins hanging all over Alex, like bees to honey. Alex was definitely honey, smooth and so sweet. He wanted to get Alex alone in that large sunken tub in their new bathroom at The Crystal Palace. He made a note to himself to pick up some honey scented bubble bath.

The press photographers were taking photos of the other immortals trying to angle their shots to get the slight pregnant curve of their bellies.

"It's not fair, Mulder," Scully sighed, stepping to stand beside him in the secluded corner he had found to hide in and watch the party.

"What's not fair, Scully?"

"Justin. He's as far along as I am, but he is hardly showing."

"I don't know, he seems pretty big to me."

"Mulder, look at me! I look like I have a regulation basketball under my shirt! Justin looks like he has a softball."

"You're not that big, Scully," Mulder said seriously looking her over. "Now Justin I think he's a bit larger than a softball, its more like a nurf football."

"Well at least when you're pregnant, you won't have to worry about ballooning up like me," Scully sighed.

"Excuse me, Mr. Mulder, Marty Ryan with CNN. Do you have plans to become pregnant with King Walter's child soon?" the reporter asked, he had been slowly making his way over to Mulder and overheard their conversation.

MacIver sidled up behind the reporter and put his hand on the reporter's shoulder. "Is this maggot bothering you, Mulder?"

"No, Rory. It's all right." Mulder knew his answer was important for his lover's future as King. This was one of the reasons the other sorcerers were backing Walter, the fact that he was married to an immortal and together they'd be having children. Female children. He ignored how embarrassed he was by the subject of becoming pregnant. This was for Walter, he thought. "I plan on getting pregnant with both my husbands' babies during my next cycle."

"Both? Like Cory Greene has done?" the reporter asked excitedly holding out the tape recorder, his hand shaking badly.

"Yes, like Cory," Mulder said, noticing that several other reporters had finally spotted him and were making a beeline in their direction. He caught sight of Walter's bald head and Hope's curly locks as his lover walked around proudly showing her off to his guests.

"Circle the wagons, Rory, it looks like we're under-seize," Mulder quipped, indicating over the Scotsman's shoulder to the two dozen reporters heading their way.

"Shall I beam us outa here, Captain?" MacIver drawled, in a very impressive imitation of Scotty.

Mulder smiled appreciatively at him. "I wish, but I need to get used to living in a fishbowl."

"Agent Mulder ... Agent Mulder ... " the reporters shouted each trying to be heard above the competition.

"One at a time, please. You," Mulder said, pointing at an older reporter from ABC.

"What are your thoughts on the overthrow of the United States Government?"

Oh great, Mulder thought, he'd rather talk about his body's cycles than politics. "It saddens me that the world had gotten to a stage where democracies can no longer insure the security of their citizens, and that we needed to turn to monarchies headed by sorcerers to achieve that security."

"Do you find any enjoyment in being part of the ruling monarchy with your husband as King?"

"No. This is not something I would have chose. However, it is necessary for my daughters' safety, so I support my husband totally," Mulder replied, searching for a reporter that would have a less biting question.

"How many daughters are you and the King planning on having over the next decade?"

Mulder kept his face expressionless. "I'm not sure if I can answer that, we will continue to use the procreation center for some of our children, but the ones that we have from my becoming pregnant have a fifty percent chance of being a boy."

Another reporter barked another question. "Your other husband is an immortal, so all the children you have together will be girls. So is it safe to assume that between you and Mr. Krycek that you'd have at least ten daughters together each decade?"

"I ... I think so," Mulder sighed. He couldn't continue answering as more personal questions were shouted at him. "I'm sorry, but I need to attend to my daughter's party so if you'll excuse me." He stood there looking for a way through the crush of reporters still shouting at him. Scully touched his sleeve supportively.

"Agent Mulder is done answering questions. Now if you'd kindly step aside and let him by I'll refrain from turning you all into toads," MacIver growled, clearing a path for Mulder and Scully through the crowd.

Alex was waiting for Mulder and pulled him into a hug, and whispered into his ear. "Did those big bad reporters, frighten my little foxy?" he teased.

Mulder squeezed him tightly and whispered back, "How do you do it, Alex? You spent over an hour answering their questions. Didn't you just want to kill at least one or two of them?"

Alex led him away from the reporters who were within hearing range. "I never really answered any of their questions, Fox. I spent the whole time flirting with them and turning their questions into sexual innuendoes. They became very flustered and aroused after the first ten minutes and started shifting from foot-to-foot. It was really very funny."

Mulder smiled, "Thanks for the advice. I think that I'll try that next time. Where is Faith?"

"Walter, took her." Krycek pointed out Skinner's location. The big man had both babies in his arms and was surrounded by sorcerers admiring them. "Have you ever seen anyone prouder?"

"That is what I love about Walter. He has his priorities straight," Mulder sighed, wishing that he were half as giving and caring as Walter.


The Crystal Palace
Thursday, May 3
2:30 p.m.

The sunlight sparkled through the arched windows surrounding the bathroom on palace's twenty-six floor. Mulder leaned back in the sunken tub looking up at the blue sky through the glass ceiling. His legs were wrapped around the back of Walter's thighs as his lover knelt between them. He moaned as Walter licked his nipple and ran a soapy sponge over his lean frame. Walter had spent the last half-hour gently washing and pleasuring him. Mulder caressed his lover's bald head, his thumb gently massaging circles over his scalp. "I love your head, Bear," he purred contently, kissing the top of it.

Walter's brown eyes smiled up at Fox's aroused face. Today was the day he'd been waiting months for. His beautiful lover was finally going to allow him to impregnate him. Walter wanted to plunge into Fox's body now before his lover had time to change his mind, but he forced himself to take it slow. To make it good for Fox. In years to come he planned to repeat this process many, many times. He nipped at the tender flesh on the side of Fox's neck. "Let's move this to the bed, beautiful."

"Sure, if I can walk," Mulder murmured, untangling his legs and trying to move too rubbery limbs.

"No need," Skinner growled, scooping him up in his arms with only a slight use of his powers to handle Fox's weight.

"God, Walter, I'm not some damn damsel. Put me down, I can walk," he admonished with a chuckle as his lover swiftly moved into their bedroom and deposited him in the middle of the bed, then covered Fox's wet body with his.

"No. You are definitely no damsel, but you are the love of my life, and if I want to pamper you, let me," Skinner growled playfully capturing Mulder's lips as his arms wrapped around that lean body and pulled him closer. He smiled when Fox's arms went around his neck and deepened the kiss. Their tongues warred against each other for dominance, then settle for simple caresses.

Skinner fingers delved into the cleft of Mulder's ass and toyed with the small entrance. He felt a sudden moisture against his stomach and looked questioningly into Fox's eyes.

"I'm ready for you, Walter. Take me now," Mulder whispered. He was quivering as a clear fluid leaked out of his navel, preparing the way for his lover's organ.

Skinner pulled back and touched the moisture as he positioned his cock. "This never happened before," he said, licking the fluid from his fingers.

"We never had sex during my cycle before, Bear. Do it," Mulder husked.

Skinner didn't need anymore encouragement he pushed in with one thrust, and allowed the pleasure of his lover's internal muscles to milk him. He looked down at Fox's face as his lover arched his neck back in pleasure, and he realized for once Fox had not journeyed out of his body to that other world, but remained here with him.

The thick rod throbbed inside of him, scorching hot flames of pleasure throughout Mulder's body. It felt like his lover had permanently branded him, and now they were welded together. Mulder couldn't hold back his orgasm, the pleasure was too intense, and he shot his milky come across Walter's ass and thighs.

The vacuum like pumping action on his cock caused Walter to come sooner than he wanted, and he filled his lover with his seed. Panting breathlessly as the last of his seed was milked from his body.

Mulder lay still as Walter semen filled him. It only took a few minutes for a feeling of total peace to possess his inner being. The endless compulsion was suddenly gone and in its place was the feeling of bliss, completeness. He looked up and smiled brilliantly at Walter, touching the side of his face. "Hey, Dad, do you want to get your bet in early that we're going to have that son you wanted."

"Are you sure it took, Fox?" Skinner asked, not totally believing that something in their lives would go off without a hitch.

"Am I sure I'm pregnant? Oh yeah. Positive."

Skinner smiled and kissed him from sheer joy. "So, you are still going to allow Alex to impregnate you tomorrow?" It was a weird concept for Skinner to think that his lover could become pregnant multiple times over his three-day cycle. Then while an immortal was pregnant their cycles completely stopped. Skinner wondered if they would start back up along with the compulsion immediately after the baby was born.

"I'm still going to have Alex's baby, too." Mulder's face became melancholy, Alex would be going to Slava the following day.

"Have you ever thought that we might not be able to tell Alex's baby from mine?" Skinner asked.

"There won't be a problem. Alex's baby will be a female immortal and yours will be a sorcerer, hopefully a male. God, Walter, this is the weirdest conversation we've ever had," Mulder chuckled.

"Yeah, and considering some of our conversations that is saying a lot. So do you want to tell Alex the good news," Walter asked, caressing Mulder's belly.

"Sure. Besides, I'm hungry. We can steal down to the kitchen afterwards and see what your chefs are preparing for dinner." Mulder slid off the round bed and headed for his closet. He paused in the doorway and placed a hand over his flat stomach. Pregnant. What would his father have said? He knew. Bill Mulder would have disapproved loudly over his current state not to mention his lifestyle.

Mulder dressed quickly and waited for Skinner by the bedroom door. Skinner came out of his closet, dressed quite formerly since they were leaving their living quarters for the public part of the palace. He had an image to maintain now.

"Fox, can you please put on a suit?"

"Why, Walter? You're the King, not I. I don't want to have to dress up every time we leave our apartment," Mulder complained.

"I don't expect you to dress up every time, Fox, only when we go down for dinner, or anytime your presence is required at my side. When you're wandering around the countryside or exploring the palace you can dress as you are now," Skinner said.

"Okay, give me a second," Mulder grumbled then went to put on a suit. After he passed his lover's critical scrutiny they went to find Alex.

Alex was in his office, chatting with Slava over the Internet. He quickly ended the connection when Walter and Fox stepped through the doorway. "So, Fox, are you?" Krycek asked standing.

"Yes. I am," Mulder smiled.

Alex hugged him and Walter. "Congratulations. So how do you feel about it, Fox?"

"I thought I'd be upset or anxious, but strangely I'm happy and relieved. It feels great not having that gnawing need any longer, but you'll know what I mean soon enough, Alex," Mulder said, smiling wickedly at him.

"Fox, don't remind me. I have at least eleven months before I have to worry about that. Maybe we should get Shinji working on a way to stop those compulsions," Krycek said, looking at Walter.

"Not everything can be cured by science, Alex. Besides Shinji already turned Fox down," Skinner said.

"What? Why?" Krycek asked perplexed.

Skinner placed a hand over Mulder's stomach. Mulder startled and tried to move away, but Skinner's arm around his waist kept him still. "This is why! Shin, knows how important it is to the human race that immortals have babies. If it weren't for the compulsions do you think any of them would want to become pregnant?"

"Walter, that is not fair. We have the procreation clinics, it should be our choice to make whether we become pregnant or have the babies gestated in the growth cylinders," Krycek argued.

"That only works with immortals if a sorcerer is the other sperm donor. You and Fox will never again be able to have a child together that way. Don't you want to have more children with Fox, Alex? Fox is willing to become pregnant with your child. Don't you want to return the favor someday and have his?" Skinner asked.

Alex's lips pursed together in a pout. This was unfair, he did not want to become pregnant ever. It was unfair for Walter to use Fox having his baby to guilt him into having Fox's baby. This part of being an immortal really sucked, but at least he had almost a year before he had to worry about it. Maybe, Shin would change his mind after giving birth and work on a way to control the compulsions. "Walter, I don't want to talk about this any longer."

"Fine, Alex, go get dressed we're heading downstairs. Fox wants to check out what the chefs are making for dinner and I thought we could take a stroll around the indoor gardens with the girls," Skinner said, looking around for his daughter and niece. He spotted them sleeping on a mat in the passageway that went through the aquarium separating his two lover's offices.

"They wanted to sleep with the fishes," Krycek joked.

Mulder chuckled and went to collect his daughters.


After Alex had changed they headed downstairs and found MacIver and Sawada hanging out in the kitchen, chatting amicably with the cooks while sampling the food and drinking a beer.

Mulder licked his lips. "I could go for a cold brew," he said, searching around for the cooler.

"I'll get you one, Mulder," MacIver offered.

"No, Rory. Fox is not touching the stuff for at least nine months," Skinner said smiling proudly.

"Oh, congratulations, Walter, Mulder," Sawada said.

"It's about time, guys," MacIver drawled. "Mulder, there is some alcohol free beer in the cooler, I'll grab you one of those."

Skinner had motioned for the head chef to come over. "Jacques, I would like a special diet plan put together for my lover, he is expecting our first child and I want to ensure that he is provided with the most nutritious meals during his pregnancy."

"Yes, of course, your Majesty. May I offer my congratulations, this is extremely good news," the chef gushed.

"Thank you, Jacques," Skinner said.

Mulder had been glaring at Walter the whole time. It was going to be a long nine months with his lover watching everything that he ate or drank. He cringed when he realized that Walter would never allow him to go jogging in his present condition. Oh great, he needed to talk to someone. He shifted Faith on his hip so he could take the glass of alcohol-free beer that MacIver got for him. "Rory, where is Shinji?"

"He's up in our apartment taking a nap before dinner."

"Walter, can you take Faith? I'm going to run upstairs to see Shinji for a moment," Mulder said, passing the baby to him.

"Walk, Fox. You shouldn't be running anywhere in your condition," Skinner said.

Mulder rolled his eyes as he walked toward Krycek and Hope, and handed Alex the beer.

"Walter's right, Fox. You need to improve your diet and watch the types of exercises you do," Krycek informed him as he took the beer.

"Et tu, Brute," Mulder muttered, heading out of the kitchen toward the nearest elevator. He used the elevator security devices. "Twenty-fifth floor, Arty," he said.

"Right away, Foxy. Shall I let Mr. Takeda know to expect you?" the computerized voice purred.

Mulder rolled his eyes. "No. If he's still sleeping don't wake him. I'll do that when I get there," he said, slightly uncomfortable talking to a computer.

Mulder exited the elevator on the twenty-fifth floor. This was the first time he was on any of the other floors and he marveled at the differences between his apartment and this one. The layout was different and he soon found himself lost in the winding corridors. "Ah, Arty, can you hear me?"

"Yes, Foxy."

"Can you please guide me to where Shinji is?"

"Of course, darling," the computer husked. "Continue heading down the hallway in the direction you are going." After Mulder had taken a few dozen steps the computer chirped, "Now take a right, dearest, and at the end of the corridor take a left he is through the arched doorway."

"Thanks, Arty," Mulder grumbled, hating the computer more by the minute.

"You're most certainly welcomed, cutie-pie."

Mulder entered the bedroom and found Shinji sleeping in the nude on the middle of a round bed similar to his own. Mulder stood a moment and stared at the swell of the young man's belly. At five months it looked like a small beer gut. He walked over to the bed and sat down. "Hey, Shin, wake up."

Takeda slowly opened his eyes. "Mulder, what's wrong?" he asked, yawning and stretching.

"I'm pregnant and Walter is already driving me nuts. How do you handle changing your lifestyle to accommodate being pregnant?"

Shinji smiled brightly and crawled over to him, hugging him tightly. "Congratulations, Mulder. It's not that tough to change when you realize that you are doing it because there is a baby growing inside of you. Here feel this," Shinji said, taking Mulder's hand and placing it on his belly.

Mulder felt a slight flutter under his fingertips.

"It is not much movement yet. Just enough to let me know that he is there," Shinji said proudly.

"This is cool, Shin. I can actually feel him move."

"You have to realize that your body is no longer your own, Mulder. The changes you make for the next nine months are for your baby, and don't let Walter bother you, he only wants what's best for his baby and you."

"Shin, can you and Rory watch Walter for me while I am asleep for the first month of my pregnancy? Alex is going to Slava in two days, and I don't want Walter to be moping around in his absence," Mulder sighed.

"Sure, Mulder. We will all look after Walter. I am going to take a shower and get dressed for dinner. Do you want to wait for me and we can go down together?"

"Sure, Shin. Besides, I'm not sure if I can find my way back to the elevator again." Mulder got off the bed and wandered out onto the balcony, staring out over the island. Pregnant. Damn. What was he thinking?


Amaranthine Temple
New Orleans
Thursday, May 3
3:30 p.m.

Reverend Xsavior stood back bowing deeply as King Xowolfe stepped across the gateway into his world. "My Lord, welcome to Earth." His eyes widened as two more Seraphim followed the King through the portal.

"You have served me well, Xsavior. Step forward and receive my blessing," the King commanded.

The reverend stepped cautiously up to the beautiful winged creature. Xowolfe's hand gripped his shoulders holding Xsavior immobile. A bright white light shot out of the King's eyes and into the Reverend's eyes. His whose face froze in shock as his eyeballs melted in their sockets and the flesh from his face bubbled and burst into flames, soon the rest of his body was consumed by flames.

The other members of the cult backed away toward the door, only to find it blocked by a pure black Seraphim who held a glowing scepter. Lighten bolts leapt out of the sphere and burned through the bodies of the cult member killing them instantly.

"Did you get your mates location from the human, my King?" Xobonoa asked, turning off the scepter.

"Yes, his mind was open to me. My mate is a short distance away. It will take a couple of days for me to retrieve him and return with him. I want you and Xovebina to guard the gateway," the King ordered and climbed the stairs he opened the outside door, and stepped into the sunlight. He touched the amulet he wore pinned to his chest and instantly became invisible.

He then launched himself into the air. Unaware that his presence had been spotted by a young boy playing in a tree across the street from the temple.


The Crystal Palace
Friday, May 4
3:30 p.m.

The weather was beautiful in the high seventies and sunny. The two lovers had decided to make love on a secluded stretch of beach, wanting their daughter to be conceived outdoors. The final shudders of pleasure leeched out of Alex and into Fox. He pulled out and rolled off Fox's warm body and stretched out on the blanket beside him, then snaked his body around his sated lover, his hand went to caress over Fox's navel slightly red from its recent use.

Mulder rolled over in Alex's arms until they were both laying on their sides facing each other. He buried his face in the furrow of his lover's neck, sighing contentedly. His hand petted Alex's smooth buttocks; he could stay this way forever, in the warmth of the sun and in his lover's arms.

"Well?" Krycek finally murmured against the top of his head.

"Well. I don't know. I feel fine, but I don't have the lack of a compulsion to gauge whether I'm pregnant with your child, too. We will just have to wait. Time will tell," Mulder said disappointedly. He thought for sure he would have felt some indication that he was pregnant with Alex's baby.

"I'm going to pretend that you are," Krycek said, hugging him tighter. He didn't want to let go ever and he was having serious doubts lately about leaving Fox to go to Slava. Fox had always been a secret fantasy for Alex, a fantasy that had gotten him through some painful times of his life. He'd imagine during those times that Fox and he were lovers and that he was lying in the warm, protective circle of Fox's arms -- like he was now. How could he give this up for another man? The image of Slava's handsome face filled his mind and a sudden desire to be with his Russian lover overshadowed his need to be with Fox. He kissed the top of Fox's head again. Fox understood and accepted his need to be with Slava. Alex frowned sadly. He would never have accepted Fox's need to be with Slava if the tables were turned. How much greater was Fox's love for him? He suddenly felt unworthy.

Mulder shifted and looked up at Alex through hooded eyes. "Let's get dressed and go for a walk," he said, wanting to be with Alex every minute until his lover left for Russia, and Slava, tomorrow. The possibility that Alex might decide to stay with Slava and never return to him was painfully breaking his heart. Mulder tried to control his feelings. He tried to put Alex's needs ahead of his own, but it hurt too much. That was why he tried excluding Alex from parts of his life, preparing himself for the inevitable, when Alex didn't return.

They pulled their clothes on over sticky flesh. Mulder slipped on his sneakers, without socks, while Krycek folded up the blanket and stuffed it inside the empty picnic basket.

"You can leave that here, we'll come back for it before we head back to the palace," Mulder said, taking his hand, they headed up the beach.

Krycek didn't miss the sadness behind Fox's eyes. "Fox, you know I'll be back in two weeks don't you?"

"Alex, I want to believe you'll be back, but I won't kid myself. You're bonded to Slava, and he is an extremely handsome man. You may find that you're unable to leave him in two weeks," Mulder sighed, kicking at the sand.

Krycek spun Mulder to face him. "Fox, how can you doubt that I would return to you? I love you! You are my life!"

"I'm not your life, Alex. Dammit! If I were, you wouldn't need Slava. I wish ... I wish you wouldn't leave me for him," Mulder murmured, turning to continue his trek down the beach.

"I wish that I didn't need to leave, too," Krycek murmured sadly, as he watched his lover's back and the beautiful movement of that jean clad ass as Fox walked away from him. He sprinted to catch up and he wrapped his arm around Fox's slim waist as they continued their hike. Alex smiled when Fox's arm snaked around his waist and they walked the rest of the way up the beach, wrapped in each other's embrace.

"Now that I'm pregnant, I'll be asleep for at least a month soon as my cycle ends. I would really like to know that you'll be here for Walter in two weeks, Alex. Promise me that you will? I don't like the thought of him being alone for a whole month," Mulder sighed.

"I'll return in two weeks, Fox, you have my word on it."

They reached an outcrop of boulders, and started to climb over them. When they were standing on top of the largest one the air around them shimmered and a tall winged figure appeared.

"Finally, Xofox, we are together," Xowolfe purred and pulled Mulder forcefully against him and devoured his mouth.

Krycek gasped then tried to beat the creature off his lover, but the beautiful Seraphim's skin was like hard marble under his fist and he only succeeded in bruising his hands.

Xowolfe ended the kiss, holding Mulder's tightly enfolded in his arms and wings. He looked lovingly into the immortal's beautiful hazel eyes, then turned his focus on Krycek. "If I would have known that my mate would be in the company of another beautiful immortal, I would have brought Xovebina to carry you back. As it is you will have to wait to be collected in the future."

Mulder's legs could barely support him, the King's kiss had made him feel lightheaded and aroused, he finally ground out in a shaky, weak voice, "Alex, tell Walter it is King Xowolfe."

Xowolfe caressed his cheek. "It will do no good, Xofox. The sorcerer will never be able to reach you in time. You'll be on my planet in one more of your moons."

"NO! Let him go! Dammit! He doesn't belong to you!" Krycek cried, tears of frustration ran down his cheeks as he tried to pry the creature's hands off Mulder. He was unable to telepathically contact any of the clairvoyants or sorcerers stationed around the island, somehow the creature was blocking him. Alex watched helplessly as both Fox and the Seraphim disappeared before his eyes.

"NOOOO!! FOX!" he cried sinking to his knees.

Xowolfe tightened his hold around his mate's body as he flew into the air with him. He could smell the distinct scent of his mate's fertile body. His organ grew long and thick with need as he flew higher and further away from the island. Xowolfe unfastened the codpiece freeing his massive erection.

Mulder struggled violently trying to break the Seraphim's hold as the creature unbuttoned his jeans to further expose his navel.

"I see that I will need a firmer hold on you, my beloved. My cock shall hold you securely fastened to me for the entire journey back to the gateway. By the time we reach it you will be ripe with our child," the King purred.

"No. Don't," Mulder cried, shrinking away from the wet organ that teased at his navel.

Xowolfe pushed his cock in at the same time he pulled his lover's body closer. Mulder was forced to hold on tighter to the Seraphim or dangle impaled on its cock. The organ's stiff bristles were tightly holding their bodies together. The stimulation in addition to the fear of being taken so abruptly was too much for Mulder and he passed out.

The Seraphim king shuddered as waves of exquisite pleasure washed over him, and his cock was gripped and squeezed. His hands held his mate's limp body tightly and he clutched one round clothed buttock, relishing the knowledge that additional pleasure was wrapped inside the tight fabric. The King had watched Xochipilli make love to his pregnant, immortal Xoric on countless occasions. He had looked forward to the day when he could claim Xofox's body in similar ways. Now he had him in his arms and was planting their future child inside his beautiful body. Xowolfe's powerful wings beat harder as he flew them faster to the gate and his home world.


Chapter 18 - Xowolfe

The Crystal Palace
Friday, May 4
7:30 p.m.

King Walter, his top generals and his advisors were all busy conferring over maps and reports in the palace's strategy room. The grief was clearly visible to all those who glanced upon Skinner's face, and although his heart was breaking he took complete charge of the operation to find his abducted lover.

"Why are we just sitting around here? We need to be out looking for him?" Krycek yelled, grabbing Skinner's arm. "It's been over three hours!"

"Alex, calm down!" Skinner growled. "We can't go around half cocked, hoping we'd find him! We need to know where to look first. You know that."

"No, I don't know that, Walter! What's the point in having all of these fucking clairvoyants around if they cannot pinpoint where that creature has taken Fox! This island was supposed to be safe. If I hadn't been with Fox, no one would have known what had become of him!"

"This island is safer than any other place on this planet! Alex, we cannot guard against something we haven't encountered before. Remember the time the morph sneaked onto our estate? Once we felt his presence we knew what to guard against. The Seraphim will never be able to get on the island again without being detected!" Skinner argued, his gut sinking, knowing that it took Fox's kidnapping to make the other immortals safer.

As if hearing Skinner's thoughts, Alex responded angrily, "Yeah, a lot of good that did Fox! He had to be abducted first to make the rest of us safer!" Krycek threw his hands up in irritation. He knew that he was wasting his time here. He stormed out of the throne room and toward the direction of the turret housing the Lone Gunmen's headquarters.

Skinner watched him go, he was irritated that Alex seemed to be blaming him for Fox's abduction. Skinner was having a hard time controlling his emotions in front of his staff. Not only was Fox missing but with him; their unborn child. What if that alien killed their baby like they tried to do with Hope? If he could find that Seraphim he'd tear him apart with his bare hands.

Krycek ran up the stairs of the turret instead of waiting for an elevator. The Lone Gunmen's office and apartments were on the top floor. The office was a technogeek's dream. It seemed Skinner had wasted no expense in furnishing the Gunmen with the latest in computer equipment and gadgets.

The three men were so busy working on their computers that they didn't even notice Krycek as he came storming in.

"Alex, I'm sorry about Mulder," Hans Schatz said. He was helping Frohike search online for any information that could lead them to Mulder.

"Thanks, Hans," Krycek said automatically as he made a beeline for Langly. "Have you found anything yet?"

"Sorry, dude, we're scanning all police departments, military channels, and news services for any sightings of angels or winged beings. Nothing yet, except for around the White Mountain in Alaska, but CGB Spender doesn't match this Xowolfe character close enough," Langly said.

"Xowolfe is an alien, Langly, he's not a mutant. Fox told Walter that Xowolfe and his race were the ones responsible for releasing the virus on our planet. If those creatures have found a way to get onto our planet undetected, then all of the immortals will be in danger," Krycek stressed.

"Including yourself, Alex," Langly pointed out. "But, there haven't been any reports of UFO activity in our galaxy."

"Then how did he get here?" Krycek argued.

"That's a good question, Alex," Byers said, standing and stretching. "We could really use your help in searching the databases." The dapper gunmen could see that Krycek was close to coming apart and thought if he had something to focus on he'd be able to handle Mulder's abduction better.

"Sure, show me what to do," Krycek said anxiously.

"You can use this workstation. We are scanning all recent reports starting on the East Coast then working our way West, South, and North. If you find anything that is of the least bit suspicious print it off and Frohike will check into it further," Byers explained.

"Okay, I can do that ... at least it's better than doing nothing," Krycek said.


White Mountain
Friday, May 4
9:30 p.m.

Ian crept down the cold, dark hallway to the room holding Jeffrey Spender. He carried bread and cheese; hidden under his shirt. The Batman, as Ian thought of CGB Spender, was trying to break his son by depriving him of food, sleep, and comfort. The smoker had been enraged that his son hadn't mutated in a similar fashion to himself.

The cell door was locked, but it had a small window, which Ian looked through. "Hey, Jeff, I brought you something," the blond immortal whispered.

Jeff eased himself along the cold concrete wall until he made it to the door. He was so weak that he could barely stand and he needed the support of the wall to keep him upright. "You shouldn't be helping me, Ian. My father would be very upset if he found out," Spender said tiredly, glancing through the bars at the beautiful immortal.

"Doesn't matter. What more can he do to me than he's already done?" Ian said, passing the bread and cheese through the bars, he watched as Jeffrey hungrily wolfed the small amount of food down. Ian itched to touch Jeffrey's downy, russet wings, he'd never seen anything more magnificent. The rest of Spender's body had transformed into a work of art, with smooth, well-defined muscles, hard pecs, and a flat washboard stomach. His penis had mutated similarly to his father's with bristles covering its length. However on the son, it appeared highly erotic and Ian yearned to feel the length inside of him and the bristles teasing his passage.

"Thanks, Ian," Spender said, looking longingly at the beautiful immortal. He wanted to kill his father for what he had done to Ian and Kahlid, but he was too weak. If he had any powers like his father possessed, he was unable to access them in the cell.

"Isn't this a lovely sight. My son getting to know his new step-mother," CGB Spender purred menacingly from down the hallway.

"Fuck off, asshole, I am not a woman!" Ian growled angrily.

"You're not a man, my dear. Men cannot have babies," the smoker said as he stalked over to Ian and pulled him against his chest. His hand clutched the immortal's stomach. "Soon as you develop your womb here and I'll fill it with my offspring. You will always be barefoot and pregnant, my dear."

"Get your hands off him, father!"

"All men desire to have their mates knocked up with their child, son," The smoker sneered. "You want him for yourself, don't you? Admit it. If you swear your loyalty to me, son, I'll give you this beauty as a present. I'll even throw both of you a big wedding."

"You don't own Ian, father. It is not your right to give him to anyone. Let him go."

"You're living in the past, son. Look around you! Only the strongest and smartest men rule now. Humans and n'thrals are here to serve us, and these lovely immortals are for the mightiest and most intelligent amongst us to breed with," the smoker exclaimed. "You are still too weak, son, your brother would have made a fine ruler. It is too bad that he is an immortal, but maybe I can have some more of this serum made," he said, holding up the near empty syringe. "There just might be enough of it left to analyze. Think of it, Jeffrey, it might give your brother Fox some sorcerer powers."

"Father you can't! You have no idea what it would do to him."

"He could be a great leader, Jeffrey, if he had powers."

"Fox, is already a better leader than you'd ever make, even without any powers," Jeff spat.

"Such loyalty to your step-brother, Jeffrey. A short time ago you hated and despised him," the smoker said as he caressed Ian's body.

Spender glared angrily. "I was naïve then, father! I didn't know who the good guys were, but I am no longer naïve, not since you finding out you were indirectly responsible for my mother death. You and your associates helped to destroy this planet. Did you know that, Ian? My father was one of the top officials in the consortium, he worked directly with the aliens."

Ian knew that. He knew all about the consortium; its doctors and scientists had subjected him to countless experimentations. He was trembling with fear as the smoker caressed his body. He didn't want the Batman touching him. If the son would only promise his loyalty then Ian would be free from its touch. "Jeff, please. Help me."

"Ian." Spender bowed his head in defeat. He couldn't allow his father to continue to abuse Ian. "Okay, father, you win. Just don't touch him any longer."

"Sorry, son, but I don't believe you. I think that I'll wait a bit longer until I am sure of your loyalty to me. Come along, Azure, I want to fuck you." The smoker dragged the struggling immortal down the corridor.

Jeffrey sighed, and placed his head against the bars.


St. Petersburg
Friday, May 4
10:30 p.m.

Slava stood on the roof of his palace and looked up into the nighttime sky. Alexei hadn't gotten in touch with him, and it was only through his agents in New America that he had learned of Fox's abduction by Xowolfe. Slava was saddened that Alexei hadn't called him and told him the news personally.

The Tsar had called King Walter and offered his assistance in the search. To his surprise the new King had graciously accepted any help that he could provide. Slava now had all of his forces concentrating on finding Fox.

For as much as he loved and worshipped Alexei, he was still desperately in love with Fox, too. It angered Slava that Xowolfe had gotten his hands on Fox. He should have killed the Seraphim when he had the chance. The Tsar wondered if Fox had been pregnant with Alexei's baby before the Seraphim kidnaped him or if that creature had deprived his lover the joys of being the father of Fox's baby.

Slava desperately wanted Alexei at his side. He craved for his kisses, his love, and his companionship. Since Alexei left, he realized how truly lonely he was for the first time in his life. He only hoped that they'd find Fox soon so Alexei could come to him.


The Crystal Palace
Saturday, May 5 3:30 a.m.

Krycek stared at the information from a New Orleans' news program. "Bingo!" He stood and walked over to Frohike. "Take a look at this, Fro."

Frohike took it and a glanced at it briefly then added it to a stack of papers.

"Hey! That's important!" Krycek growled snatching the paper back.

"Alex, and so are all these other hundreds of reports and sightings. I'll get to it in about two hours," Frohike grumbled. He had been checking up on leads all night and he was tired and irritable.

"Never mind, I'll check into it myself," Krycek snapped and stormed out of the door.

Byers came over and placed a mug of coffee in front of Frohike. "Where is Alex going?"

"He found what he thinks is a lead and he is taking it to Walter," Frohike sighed.

"Are you sure?"

"Of course, I'm sure. Alex's mind is like an open book, an X-rated book a lot of the times," Frohike leered, which turned sheepish at the unhappy look Hans threw him.

Krycek raced through palace to the center tower and took the elevator up to his floor. When he saw Fox again Alex would give him a big kiss for teaching him how to conceal his thoughts, it had just come in handy in fooling Frohike. Alex didn't trust anyone to rescue Fox but himself. He needed supplies for where he was going and to conceal his features. If Alex told Walter, the older man would never allow him to go now that he was an immortal. He'd be too worried about the Seraphim abducting him.

Krycek dressed all in black then emptied the contents of his daughter's oversized diaper bag. Fox had it pack to the brim with not only stuff for Faith and Hope, but his things, too. He had a couple of novels, sandals, suntan oil, and a beach towel for their one trip to the beach yesterday with the babies. Krycek fingered the beach towel and felt tears well up in his eyes as he stuffed his disguise inside. It would be less noticeable carrying the diaper bag than a backpack. Anyone seeing him would assume that he was taking it to his daughter. Faith and Hope were staying with Justin, Joe, and Pyetr.

He boarded the elevator to take it back down to the foyer.

"Going out again, bright eyes?" Arty inquired.

"It's none of your business, Arty, and its Mr. Krycek or sir," he snarled at the computer.

"Whatever, sugar buns. Does the King know that you are leaving the palace at such an inadvisable time?" the AI computer questioned.

Krycek gritted his teeth. He had thought it was funny when the computer from hell flirted with Fox and interfered with Fox's life. Now that Arty was doing it to him too, Alex didn't find it at all humorous. "King Walter does not need to know everything that I do. He is not my keeper. If you don't want your memory chips yanked out then I suggest that you mind your own business, Arty."

"Oh dear, you are a spunky one. I just love it when you talk tough, *sir,*" the computer purred. "I'll tell you what, sweety. I'll give you an hour to do whatever it is you are going to do, but if you're not back by then I'm contacting the King. 'Kay?"

This is one dead computer, Krycek thought as he forced himself to smile. "Okay, Arty. I'll be back in an hour, just don't tell King Walter," he said as the door slid open to the foyer.

The palace was alive with activity. His presence was noticed instantly, but everyone assumed he was going to see the Gunmen or King Walter.

"Hey, guys, I'm stepping outside for some fresh air," Krycek said as he approached the guards at the entryway.

"With a diaper bag?" The captain asked, raising his eyebrow skeptically.

Krycek kept his face indifferent. "You wouldn't happen to be related to Dana Scully? Never mind. My daughter is asleep in the throne room and I just want to cool down before going into that room again," he said, looking sadly at the four guards.

The guards exchanged looks, and the captain of the guards turned back to Krycek. "We can understand that -- the throne room isn't the most pleasant place to be right now. We're all saddened by what has happened to Prince Fox. Lou, go with the Prince Alex on his walk," Captain Jordan ordered.

"Yes, sir."

Lou followed Krycek out of the palace and in the direction of the helicopter pads. "Prince Alex, wouldn't you prefer walking in an area less noisy?" the guard shouted as another jet-powered helicopter came in for a landing. Since Fox's abduction, helicopters were coming and going virtually nonstop from the island.

Krycek smiled inwardly, this is going to be easier than he had imagined it would be, he thought, as he watched a crew finish fueling up one helicopter then move on to another. He turned and led the guard toward an isolated area near the protective wall surrounding the palace. Several bushes provided the perfect cover as he pulled a hypodermic from his pocket and stabbed it into the guard's neck. The guard collapsed unconscious and Krycek hid his body behind the bushes.

He then headed back toward the helicopters. He quickly sneaked onto the closest one, while all the activity was at the other end of the landing pads. He tossed the diaper bag onto the seat beside him and quickly flipped on all the switches. It was impossible to get on the island without being challenged and scanned, but it was relatively easy to get off; Krycek soon discovered as he guided the helicopter upward into the nighttime sky, and directed it toward New Orleans.


New Orleans
Saturday, May 5 8:30 a.m.

Mulder regained consciousness to a pleasant feeling of floating, and a warm tingle coming from his belly. His face was pressed against a soft fabric and held there by fingers delicately cupping his head, and a strong arm was wrapped around his back. The only discomfort he felt came from his arms and legs dangling in the air. Mulder wrapped his arms and legs around the body holding him and nuzzled closer.

"Ah, my precious mate, you're awake at last. We will be at our destination soon," the King rumbled soothingly.

Mulder smiled against his well muscled chest, he was feeling so good. "Hmm, that's nice. What did you call me?" he purred.

"My precious mate," Xowolfe said, smiling softly and holding onto the young immortal tighter.

"Oh, that's what I thought. I have another name, but I seemed to have misplaced it. Help me look for it," Mulder said in a drunken slur.

"No need, it is Xofox."

"Nope, silly, that isn't it," Mulder giggled. He felt that he should remember it, but it was just out of his grasp. All that his muddled brain could think of was how nice it felt to be held by this beautiful being. "I remember you. I've seen you in that garden next to a waterfall," he murmured against the Xowolfe's chest.

"That is right, Xofox, it is going to be your new home."

Mulder craned his neck and tried to look at the creature. "I can't seem to remember your name either."

"Xowolfe."

"Gotcha, Wolfy." Mulder's hand explored down his body until it contacted his belly and the large organ inserted into his navel. "Umm, feels great." Something about being penetrated here was important. Mulder frowned, what was wrong with him? Why were his memories eluding him?

"Wolfy?" the King chuckled. "How charming you are, Xofox."

"Fox," Mulder corrected, knowing that was right.

Xowolfe landed in the courtyard of the temple and eased out of Mulder's body. Mulder's legs gave out on him and the Seraphim scooped him up in his strong arms. They were still invisible as the King carried his mate into the temple and down the stairs. The bodies of the dead cultist were gone as was the gateway. The King materialized and laid his mate on the altar. A shimmering light appeared and General Xobonoa and the Gateway reappeared.

"My King, we had to conceal our presence, the humans came here searching shortly after you left."

Xowolfe looked concerned. "If humans know about this place, it is not safe. We need to find another place for the Gateway."

"It has already been taken care of, my King. Once we step through back to our planet I have programmed the Gateway to teleport to another location on this planet," Xobonoa said.

"Good, General Xobonoa, we should leave now then. My mate is tired and in need of rest," the King turned back to the altar where Mulder was stretching seductively, his hand caressing and squeezing the swollen organ inside his jeans.

The black Seraphim looked admiringly over at the immortal. "He's a beauty, my King. Even lovelier than Xoric, and so hot for you."

"Yes, he is, isn't he?" The large Seraphim King smiled scooping Mulder back into his arms and sinking his face into the side of the immortal's neck. He licked and nipped at the delicious flesh. "My days and nights will be occupied making love to my beauty," he said, nuzzling his nose into Mulder's hair. Mulder giggled and wrapped his arms around the King's neck and snuggled closer.

"Let us depart," the King said, climbing the stairs to the Gateway. He tried to step through, but found he was unable to enter the Portal with Mulder. He turned and handed Mulder over to Xobonoa, then stepped through without a problem, coming out in the portal room on Empyreal. The King turned and stepped back through to Earth. "Put my mate down, Xobonoa," he ordered then touched Mulder's arm lovingly. "Xofox, I want you to walk through this doorway, it will take you home."

Mulder smiled happily. Going home sounded good to him, so he tried to step through the portal, but some invisible force was holding him back. The King and Xobonoa exchanged confused looks. Then the black Seraphim pulled a wand from its scabbard at his hip. He waved it around Mulder's body and the wand changed color as it passed over Mulder's belly.

"What is it?" the King asked.

"We programmed the Gateway to not allow the human sorcerers to pass through, my King."

"What does that have to do with Xofox?"

"It appears he is pregnant with a human sorcerer's offspring. We must abort that pregnancy in order for him to pass through the gateway."

Xowolfe's face paled. "He is also pregnant with my child. If we kill this sorcerer's child we will also be killing mine."

"You can always get him with child again during his next cycle, my King. It is too dangerous for us to linger here," Xobonoa said.

Mulder listened to their conversation with growing dread, and although they were speaking a different language he understood them clearly. He was pregnant? Walter's baby! How could he have forgotten Walter? Everything was so confusing. He started to back away toward the stairs as his memories started returning.

"Xofox, come back here," Xowolfe ordered.

"No! You bastards, stay away from me," Mulder hissed angrily as his foot touched the bottom step. Awareness came flooding back to him. "You killed Earth's females! Why?"

"It is necessary for the survival of my race, Xofox. You and your brothers may be the key we've been searching millenniums to find that will revive the Seraphim race," Xowolfe explained.

"Dammit! How could killing Earth's females save your race?" Mulder asked, stepping onto the bottom step.

Xowolfe wasn't worried about his mate escaping, he knew that he could easily catch him. "The Seraphim females were killed off by the same virus that we've unleashed on your world. We've been working to genetically alter other races to match the Seraphim's DNA in hopes that someday a virus free Seraphim female will be born to one of them. You human immortals are the closest we've come to a vessel that may give birth to a female Seraphim. Xofox, your daughters are proof that a female can be born immune to the virus. On no other world has a female even been born."

"What sort of monsters are you? That you could slaughtered countless races so yours could live!" Mulder cried.

The King made for him then stopped suddenly surprise written on his beautiful face. Mulder felt an arm wrap around his waist and pull him backward as a low voice sounded in his ear. "I have you, Fox."

"Alex, how?"

The scarf Krycek was wearing had fallen away from his face allowing the Seraphim King to see who he was.

"Well, if it isn't our other pretty immortal. General Xobonoa, grab him," the King ordered.

The General made for Krycek. Suddenly a loud gunshot filled the chamber and the black Seraphim collapsed to the ground dead with the left side of his face blown away. Krycek turned the gun on the King who was already retreating to the portal. He had a clear shot at the back of the King's head and squeezed the trigger, but Mulder pushed the gun away and the shot went wild as the King disappeared through the portal.

"Fox, why?"

"Alex, I don't know. I just couldn't stand the thought of him dead," Mulder confessed his voice shaky then his face suddenly turned pale. He started to shake uncontrollably. "Oh God, oh God, oh God." Mulder sank to the ground and wrapped his arms around his legs and buried his face into his knees.

"Fox, it's okay. He's gone, and I'm going to take you home. We'll have this...portal destroyed so he can't...return." Alex stopped, stunned as the gateway vanished. "Shit."

"Alex, he raped me. Oh God, I'm...I'm pregnant with its baby." Mulder broke down sobbing.

"Christ, Fox." Krycek sat on the step next to him and pulled his distraught lover into his arms. "Ssh, we'll get through this together. I'll never leave you, Fox, you have my word on that." He kissed the top of Fox's head as his lover sobbed in his arms.

Shouting came from outside and soon Walter stormed down the steps followed by his security team. "Fox! Alex, how is he?"

Krycek hugged Mulder closer as he looked up at Skinner. *Not good, Walter,* Alex said telepathically, while showing Skinner mentally everything that had transpired. *That creature has impregnated him.*

Skinner's face went pale. "Oh God," he said softly, kneeling, he pulled Mulder into his arms. "Fox, it's going to be okay. I'm here for you now." Skinner kissed his face and brushed the tears away with his thumbs. His heart felt like it was being squeezed when he saw at the blank, lifeless look in Fox's eyes. "Don't worry, baby. I'm here, Alex is here, you're not alone in this."

"Walter, he's going into shock, we need to get him away from here," Krycek said, standing and assisting Skinner with their unresponsive lover.

Skinner finally had to scoop Mulder up into his arms and carry him out of the basement. "Alex, we'll talk about your leaving without telling anyone. Thank God, Arty ratted on you ten minutes after you left and Melvin knew where you had gone."

Krycek thought about slowly taking that computer apart chip-by-chip. "Walter, if it weren't for me we'd have never gotten to Fox in time. That creature was going to kill our unborn babies in order to take Fox through that Gateway! Don't you understand! I couldn't wait for anyone to decide whether this was a valid lead or not. In my gut I knew that it was!"

"I would have believed you, Alex, and I would have dropped everything to come with you. We're family. We need to watch each other's backs," Skinner said. He scowled at the television cameras that had magically appeared on the scene.

"I couldn't take the chance, Walter. What if you refused to let me go? It would have been different if I was still a sorcerer, I wouldn't have been afraid of you or anyone else stopping me, you couldn't have. Now. I'm at your mercy," Krycek said, climbing onboard the helicopter, he turned to help Walter with Fox.

Skinner positioned Fox's unresponsive body so he was in the middle between them. "Alex, you have to trust me to treat you like an equal."

"You...we never treated Fox as an equal," Alex whispered combing his fingers through Mulder's fine hair.

Skinner noticed that Mulder was weeping softly, his face buried into Alex's shoulder. "Sometimes we hurt the ones we love the most out of the desire to protect them. Alex, Fox always scared me. He used to take such risks with his life as if he didn't care whether he lived or died -- I cared though, I had for years." Walter rested a hand on Mulder's back and massaged his knotted muscles.

"Fox, things will be different. You'll see," Skinner soothed.

Mulder kept his arms wrapped around Krycek's body and his face buried against his lover's shoulder as his voice replied weakly, "I'm so frightened, Walter. Why do these things always happen to me?"

"There is nothing to be afraid of, Fox," Krycek said. I'm going to stay with you forever...I'm not going to Nikolai. No way will I ever leave you. I love you too much."

"Fox, Alex is right there is nothing for you to be afraid of. We're both here for you," Skinner said.

"That's not true, guys, there is a monster growing inside my belly along side your babies. What if it kills them?" Mulder said apprehensively.

"We can have Doctor Pendrell abort your pregnancy and try again next cycle," Skinner offered hesitantly.

For some reason that was even more distressful to Mulder than being pregnant with the Seraphim's baby. "No. We'll have Doctor Pendrell monitor my condition. If at some point the alien's offspring threatens the survival of our babies then we can try to have it removed. I don't want to lose my babies." Mulder felt protective toward the new life growing inside him, it was necessary a foreign feeling he had always been protective of those weaker than he.

"Okay, Fox. We'll do whatever you want."

"Thanks, Walter."


The Crystal Palace
Sunday, May 6
10:30 a.m.

Krycek sat on the bed cradling his lover's head on his lap. Fox had finally succumbed to sleep. If his pregnancy followed the same track as the other immortals he'd be asleep for a month. Krycek vowed never to be more than five minutes away from his side.

Doctor Pendrell and Walter walked into the bedroom.

"How is he?" Walter asked.

"Sleeping."

Doctor Pendrell opened his bag and climbed onto the bed. He had done a thorough examination of Mulder when he had arrived back at the palace yesterday. Now he would monitor his condition daily.

Krycek hadn't left Mulder's side since yesterday. He hadn't been able to talk about his concerns in front of Mulder. "Kyle, Fox is worried that this alien baby might kill mine and Walter's babies. Do you think that is possible?"

"It might be if they were sharing the same fluid and in the embryonic sac together, but immortals carry their babies differently than human females. From the ultrasounds and tests I've done I discovered that their babies are in self-contained pouches inside the womb instead of embryonic sac. The pouches are filled with a thick gelatinous fluid that protects the baby and provide it with nutrients. I believe that the babies will be born inside the pouches. They will have to be removed from the pouches in the delivery room," Pendrell said.

"Is that why the immortals aren't as big a pregnant female?" Krycek asked.

"Yes. The gelatinous fluid surrounding the fetus is a little less than half of the volume of the fluid in the embryonic sac."

Krycek's eyes grew wide. "So if Fox was only having one baby he'd be less than half the size of a pregnant female, but with three babies he'll be ... huge."

"And we'll going to be very supportive of Fox. Won't we, Alex?" Skinner said, looking sternly at him.

"Well, yeah. One of us is going to have to follow him around though, to help him back up when he sits, haul him out of the bathtub, put his shoes for him and..."

"Alex, enough!"

Doctor Pendrell was chuckling as he checked Mulder's blood pressure. "Alex, don't be too obvious when you're following him around. Mulder is going to be embarrassed enough by his size without you drawing added attention to it."

Skinner looked at him worriedly. "Kyle, he's not going to be...ah...you know, overly emotional and moody."

"Maybe, but you'll both be very supportive of him," Pendrell smiled.


Alaska
Tuesday, May 15 8:30 p.m.

Ari was careful to conceal his features on the boat trip over to Alaska. Although, even if he stood buck naked on the bow of the ship he doubted anyone would have tried anything, not with Duffy standing protectively nearby. None of the ship's crew would come within a yard of the nine-foot tall n'thral.

The cold sea air made Ari shiver even with his coat on. He turned to Duffy and wrapped his arms around the giant who in turn enfolded him in his arms. "Cold. Hold me, Jason," he mumbled.

"You should go lay down below deck and get out of this wind, Ari," Duffy rumbled, gently rubbing his back.

"No, I want to stay with you. It's too bad you can't fit through the hatchway." Ari rested his head over the giant's heart and slipped his hand inside Duffy's shirt against his hot flesh. "We can go down in the ship's hold with the horses."

"No, it's filthy down there," Duffy grumbled. "Come here." The n'thral guided the smaller man over against a wall that was out of the wind, sitting Duffy pulled Ari down onto his lap and cradled him against his chest.

Ari wiggled against the hard object pushing into this thigh. "You want to fuck me, Jason?"

"Yes, but I won't, not in your present condition. It might jeopardize your baby." Duffy rubbed Ari's back trying to warm him.

"You're a strange n'thral, Jason," Ari murmured.

"I'm a human being, Ari."

Ari saw the sadness in Duffy's eyes. "Yes, you are, and that is why I love you," he said, rising and gently kissing Duffy's lips.

Duffy's heart was soaring. His beautiful Ari had just confessed to loving him. He had never believed he'd find love again. "I love you, Ari," he beamed brightly.

"Jason, where did you live in the States before you were captured by the coalition?" Ari asked, resting his head against Duffy's chest.

"I had an apartment in my buddy Walter's mansion."

"Mansion? Is this Walter guy rich?"

"He's not poor, but I believe the money was his husband Fox's."

Ari had kept up on current events, whenever they got into a city he'd purchase all the magazines and newspapers he could find. Walter, mansion, Fox, all rang a bell with him. "Jason, are you talking about Walter Skinner and Fox Mulder?"

"Yeah, you've heard of them?" Duffy had spent too much time living on his mountain that he hadn't been up on the news, and he had been and still was surprised by Walter's celebrity status.

"Jason, everyone has heard of them! Fox Mulder is a hero of mine. The man gave up everything to uncover the conspiracy! He's been shot, garroted, narrowly froze to death, beaten up, his father was murdered, his partner abducted, and he never gave up. I want to meet him," he exclaimed excitedly.

Duffy frowned. "I didn't know that about Mulder. No wonder Walter and Alex are overly protective of him. If he's that prone to being injured."

Ari rolled his eyes. "Walter and Alex are that way because Fox is an immortal like me. Fox should tell them to go to hell and disappear. He'd be great in my gang."

"Ari, Walter and Alex love Fox, and I know that Fox loves them, too. I'll introduce you to them, but promise me you won't stick your cute nose in where it doesn't belong?" Duffy said, holding him tighter.

"Jason, do you really think I could convince Fox Mulder to leave his lovers to join my gang? The man's an FBI agent for Christ's sake, get serious," Ari chuckled. "I hear there are other immortals living at Foxfire Glenn." He specifically was thinking about Shinji Takeda. Abducting the pretty immortal might be easier than he thought it would be now that he had a way onto the estate.

"Yes. There were four others, but Hans was abducted the same time I was and I'm not sure if he's been rescued yet," Duffy said sadly.

"Hans Schatz was back in the States with his lovers, the last I heard. Gabriel Hunter and Melvin Frohike rescued him and the other captured Americans from Cairo, Egypt," Ari replied.

Duffy smiled. "Thank God. Ari, you are a wealth of information."

"There isn't much to do on the road, but catch up on gossip and news, but it's been about five weeks since I got my hands on a current newspaper. Last I heard was that Fox Mulder still wasn't pregnant. He sure has a lot more willpower than I had. The other immortal's at the mansion are all pregnant, do you know how far along they are?"

"Justin is about the same as you nearly seven months and the other three are around six months," Duffy said.

"Do you think your friends would allow us to stay at the mansion until my baby is born?" Ari was figuring in his head that he'd need at least a month to recover and by then Takeda would have delivered his baby. They could leave Takeda's infant to be cared for by its sorcerer father, and take the Japanese immortal with them back to China.

"I know they would, Ari. You'll really like them. They're all good people."

Ari smiled up at Duffy and snuggled closer. He didn't know how he would convince Duffy to go along with their scheme. The giant was too soft hearted and had a strong sense of morality. He would probably have to leave Duffy behind. Afterward he'd call Duffy from Australia and invite him to rejoin them.


White Mountain
Friday, May 18 10:30 a.m.

CGB Spender sat on his throne and looked smugly at the captured FBI sorcerers. "Now what should I do with you? Maybe the three of you would make nice statues." The smoker's fingers petted his immortals' heads. "What do you think, my pets, they are sorcerers and will live forever if properly cared for. A few will placed holes where their mouths and nostrils are, and of course their anuses and cocks should be exposed. Never know when I'll get the urge to fuck my artwork," the smoker laughed at his own joke.

Lars Johnson was quaking with fear at the menacing creature's words. He glanced sideways at Dakota Jones and Mike Peacock. They were powerless against this creature who was somehow leeching their sorcerer powers from them, making himself stronger and them weaker.

"Let them go," Ian begged.

"My Dear, you seem to enjoy feeding my son when you were told not to. How many times over the past two weeks have I caught you sneaking food to him? I think it is obvious that you need something to take care of," the smoker said waving his hand and Mike Peacock disappeared and against the wall under a spotlight a plaster statue appeared. It was bent at the waist with its hands on its thighs. The legs were spread. The head was up and looking toward the throne. A pair of frightened brown eyes looked out, the mouth was agape held open by the plaster.

"There you go, Azure. It won't be able to chew so you will have to force a tube down its throat to its stomach for its daily feedings. In addition, I expect you to keep it cleaned out, lubed, and stretched for me. The stretched part is optional."

"You fucking, bastard!" Ian growled and flew at the smoker in a rage.

CGB Spender easily restrained Ian, holding him on his lap with Ian's back pressed firmly against his chest. "Just say the word, Azure, and you'll have three statues to take care of instead of only one," he hissed into the immortal's ear. "I was going to give Jeffrey some company, but it's up to you."

Ian met the frightened eyes of the other two FBI men. "I'll be good. Don't hurt them."

The smoker got a distant look on his face. "We have company. Ari Summers and his gang of thieves," the smoker smiled. It had been awhile since he had seen the tall, red headed Australian.

Fifteen men entered the throne room. The smoker was distracted looking up at the tallest n'thral he had ever seen. Next to him stood a tall human who was covered head to foot in fabric. CGB Spender probed the man and learned that it was Summers, the young man had been in a fire that had ravished his face and body. It was a shame Ari Summers had been quite the attractive young man.

"Summers, what brings you to my domain?" the smoker asked.

"You know my name? Who are you?" Ari asked, surprised by, and terrified of the winged creature. His eyes trailed over the two immortals who were dressed in skimpy outfits that were far too feminine for Ari's liking.

"Don't you recognize me, boy? I'm CGB Spender." He took a deep drag on his cigarette careful not to burn Ian who he still held on his lap.

"Oh, of course, that is really fucking obvious," Ari taunted sarcastically. Duffy lightly touched his arm in warning.

Duffy had recognized the two FBI agents in chains before the throne, and had noticed the third man humiliatingly displayed and encased in plaster.

The smoker roared with laughter. "You always did have a mouth on you, Ari! If you weren't the best thief I've ever employed I would seal you lips shut permanently."

"Chill, Batty, it's good to see you, too." Ari glanced around. "Nice place you have here, if you're into dark and depressing. Pretty babes though. I take it you're a sorcerer, since only sorcerers are able to hold onto immortals."

Spender ignored his questions. "Why are you here, Summers?" he asked, unnerved by the tall human's nonchalant attitude toward him.

"We're just passing through on our way to the states," he said.

The smoker snared. "You're still scared shitless about flying, aren't you? What did you do travel a thousand miles out of your way so you could cross over at the Bering Strait?"

"I could do without your criticisms. My men and I need a place to stay for the next couple of days. Do you mind if we crash here?" Ari asked.

"I'd welcome your company. We could reminisce about old times. If you entertain me well enough, I'll have Azure and Aton heal your scarred flesh, Ari," the smoker said.

"Shucks, I left my tap shoes in China, Smoky."

"You can still play the piano that will suffice. Gregors, show my guests to their rooms, and their slave to the stables," the smoker said, looking at Duffy.

"He's my lover, and he stays with me," Ari said.

CGB Spender looked at the cloth covered form of the thief in disbelief. "I suppose beggars can't be choosers," he said finally.

The nine men were shown to their rooms. Luckily for Duffy the ceilings were all over fifteen feet in height. He turned to question Ari about the wisdom of staying under this clearly deranged creature's roof. Ari placed his fingers over the giant's mouth.

"Trust me," Ari said. He wanted revenge against the smoker. Ari's mother had died from the alien virus, and although Ari and his gang had done a few jobs for the smoker, they were only employed on a contract basis. They never knew their employer's true agenda or anything about aliens.

Duffy looked into Ari's eyes and knew instantly that the young man had something up his sleeve. They've been traveling together for a month now and Duffy had learned to trust Ari's wisdom. "Okay, Ari."


The Crystal Palace
Friday, May 18 4:30 p.m.

Alex was working on his laptop sitting cross-legged on the bed to be close to Fox. Fox had been asleep for two weeks now, and Alex hadn't left his side except to bathe. His meals were all delivered to the suite, where he, Walter, and their daughters would dine in the master bedroom. He glanced up from the screen to check on his daughter and niece, they had fallen asleep sprawled over Fox's body.

The laptop's modem was plugged into the telephone jack. Alex had been having a nonstop argument with Nikolai over his decision to remain with Fox. Slava just didn't understand that Fox needed him, that he could never leave Fox's side. Not now, not ever. He typed in the last of his email and hit send, then looked back at Fox, and realized that Faith was no longer on the bed.

Alex glanced around the bedroom, his heart caught in his throat as his eyes fell on his daughter who was across the room and pulling on a tablecloth, on top of the table a the heavy metal lamp was teetering near the edge and started to topple. It was heavy enough that it would crush Faith's skull. Alex knew that he wouldn't be able to reach his daughter in time. In his desperation, Alex pushed out with his mind and tapped a power that he had thought long gone, the lamp froze in midair. Alex scrambled off the bed and ran to his daughter, scooping her out from under the heavy lamp. Seconds later the lamp completed it fall to the floor with loud thud.

Alex was crying and laughing as he hugged Faith protectively in his arms. "Hey, Cutie, you nearly gave your Dad a heart attack." It hit him suddenly that he had just used his powers. He tried again, it was harder than before but the tablecloth and lamp flew back up on the table, smiling with satisfaction he concentrated again and the tablecloth disappeared.

He sat on the bed. "Fox, I'll be able to really protect you again, but I promise that I won't be a jerk about it. We're equal partners," Krycek said, leaning down to kiss his sleeping lover's lips, he was more hopeful for their future.


Chapter 19 - Escape from White Mountain

Mulder stared out over the tranquil ocean, watching the sunset in the west dance across the gentle waves. The colors were magnificent reds, yellows, and purples. He curled his toes into the warm, wet sand feeling wonderful, he had never been happier in his life. He rested his hand contentedly over the slight swell of his belly. A shadow passed over head and he glanced up at two beautiful Seraphim gliding effortlessly in the sky. The sunset cast its brilliant hues on the white wings of the young female who smiled down on him before alighting gracefully at his side.

"Father, did you see me? Uncle Jeff has taught me how to fly backwards," she said with breathless excitement as she smiled gleefully and hugged him around waist, looking up at him with big violet eyes.

"I saw you, Angelique, you did very well," Mulder said, leaning down and kissing her nose. His heart was bursting with pride over his pixie of a daughter, she held a special place in his heart.

Angelique beamed and her wings fluttered excitedly over her father's praise, she was eight years old and she worshiped all of her fathers, but her Daddy Fox most of all.

"She is getting really strong, Fox, I think in a few months she might be able to fly as far as the mainland," Spender said as he landed next to them and petted Angelique's golden locks, smiling down at her.

"Jeff, don't go putting ideas into my baby's head. She is not allowed anywhere near the mainland," Mulder scolded.

"Father, I am not a baby," Angelique pouted, stomping her foot on the sand.

"You are always going to be my baby even when you are ninety years old," he informed her tweaking her nose. He took her hand and smiled at Jeffrey. "C'mon you two, it is dinner time and you both know how grumpy Jacques gets if we are late."


Walter awoke suddenly and sat up in bed, he stared down at Fox who was bathed in moonlight. A blissful smile graced his young lover's full lips. Walter wondered if he had just shared a dream with Fox, he wanted to wake Fox and ask him, but his lover was still under the affects of his first month of pregnancy and it would be impossible to awaken him.

"Angelique," Skinner whispered, laying a hand over Fox's stomach, he prayed that this alien baby would be as sweet as the little girl in his dream. His sudden chuckle woke Alex who was curled against Fox's left side.

"What, Walter?" Alex asked tiredly, his green eyes glowing in the moonlight.

"It's nothing, Alex. I just had a weird dream that Jeff had wings and he was teaching Fox's daughter to fly," Skinner said. "It was too strange."

"You shouldn't have had those anchovies on the pizza, they always give you strange dreams," Krycek said, resting his head back on the pillow next to Fox's. His hand found Walter's on Fox's stomach and he laced his fingers with the older man.

"You're probably right, but it seemed so real, and I hardly ever dream in color," Skinner replied, squeezing Alex's hand and they both soon drifted back to sleep.


White Mountain
Wednesday, May 24
4:30 p.m.

The smoker rested his hands on the cold plaster encased hips of the FBI agent. He looked with pride at the well-used anus, puffy from being taken by himself and his guests. CSM snickered inwardly at their reluctance to fuck the entrapped FBI man. He had to actually bully them by threatening to encase one of them in a similar fashion for insulting his hospitality.

He licked his lips, tasting the fear wafting off the agent, it was a solid form of nourishment for him, as solid as the food he ate and the wine he drank. It fed him and made him stronger. "Azure! You are remise, my dear, this statue isn't properly lubed. You know how I like to bury my cock all the way in without any resistance."

"Sorry, sir, I was just preparing his meal," Ian said, carrying a bucket full of supplies. He knew to protest or hesitate would only get the FBI agent hurt further. Ian pulled a tube of lubricant from the bucket and proceeded to prepare the trembling man.

Mike Peacock closed his eyes hoping that he would pass out and wouldn't have to feel the slide of that monster's prickly cock enter him. It was to no avail as he felt the knobbed head against his anus and the sudden burning as it popped painfully into him. The thick cock with its soft bristles slid slowly up into his bowels. He was intimately familiar with the bristles, which could be made to tickle his insides like a thousand feathers, arousing and stroking his tender flesh pleasurably, or become painful like a porcupine's quills.

The smoker held on tighter to the plaster hips as he plowed in and out of the offered flesh that was pleasurably tight around his cock. He reached under and pulled and squeezed on the agent's limp cock. "Azure, I want my artwork to come when I do, if it doesn't I will have Ari's n'thral fuck its ass next."

Ian scrambled under the FBI man's body and knelt at his feet. He took Peacock's penis in his mouth and licked and sucked it until he was rewarded with a response and the organ started to grow and lengthen.

The immortal's pheromones and saliva were assaulting the FBI agent's senses. Peacock found himself wanting to push into Ian's mouth. It was maddening not being able to move a muscle. He was driven higher and higher into blissful arousal despite being raped and the intentional painful scrape of the creature's cock against his rectum. It was obvious to him that the Batman didn't want him to come. The smoker wanted the immortal to be forced to watch as he was raped by that giant n'thral. Peacock felt the creature stiffen and come deep within his bowels. He sighed with relief as he came simultaneously from Ian's expert oral stimulation.

Ari Summers stood silently in the doorway watching the whole scene. He had a hard time controlling his anger, but it would have been pure folly to show any emotions around CGB Spender. The Batman seemed to feed off negative feelings. He turned and went off to explore the fortress and talk to Jeffrey Spender. The beautiful winged man fascinated him, especially since Duffy had told him that Jeffrey was Fox Mulder's half-brother. Finding out the sinister CGB Spender was Mulder's father was an equal shock, but it didn't lower his opinion of the intelligent FBI agent, only furthered to heighten it.

"You are playing a dangerous game, Mr. Summers," Marat Fyodorov said softly.

Ari turned and looked at the small man. "I don't play games," he said and started walking away.

"You taunt Mr. Spender and call him names to his face. One day he will make you pay dearly for your disrespect." Fyodorov had not been able to read this man. Ari's was mind was covered beneath more layers than the fabric concealing his features. Fyodorov knew one thing: that this man was dangerous and couldn't be trusted.

"Oh, I'm quaking with fear, toady," Ari snarled, shoving the little man up against the wall. "A word of advice. If you don't want to pay *dearly* for annoying the hell out of me, then I suggest you make yourself scarce for the next few days."

Ari let the man go, and Fyodorov scurried fearfully off down the hallway.

Ari let out a breath. He would have never dared to do that a month ago. Such close contact might have alerted the man to the fact that he was dealing with an immortal, but since Ari was in his seventh month of pregnancy, the pheromones that had brought such havoc on his life were gone. At least according to Duffy, his n'thral lover was an expert at detecting that odorless substance. Two more days, Ari thought, they only had two more days before they would be leaving this hell hole.


The Crystal Palace
Thursday, May 25 4:30 p.m.

Skinner looked sternly at the assembled men before his throne. "Why wasn't this brought to my attention sooner?" he barked.

"Your majesty, we thought the situation wasn't worthy of your immediate attention. We wanted to get a handle on what was going on," FBI Director Hazel said.

"NOT WORTHY OF MY ATTENTION!" Skinner roared. "You're talking about men under my command, not to mention my brother-in-law!"

"King Walter, we're doing everything in our powers to find out what happened to our agents! Collecting information out of that area has become next to impossible," the Director said.

"This barrier that you mentioned earlier, do you know what it is made of?" Skinner asked, reining in his temper.

"No, Your Majesty, we are unable to get close enough to collect a sample."

"Why is that? You said this black cloud ran for miles encircling White Mountain and the surrounding valley. Surely someone could have collected a sample somewhere along its circumference?" Skinner asked.

"We couldn't find anyone brave enough to get anywhere near the barrier. It seems to be emitting some sort of a malevolent aura that is making our men tremble with fear the closer they come to it until they are unable to stand it any longer and flee. If Agent Mulder were available I'm sure he'd be able to get near enough to collect a sample," Director Hazel said.

Skinner frowned. No doubt Fox would jump at the chance to investigate this phenomena. "Agent Mulder will not be going on any field assignments for the foreseeable future, Director."

"No, of course not. I didn't mean to imply that he would be, not in his present condition. It is just that he is known for being fearless considering all the strange cases he and his partner investigated."

Fools rush in where brave men fear to tread, Skinner thought, shaking his head sadly, that was unfair, Fox was not a fool. Reckless and impassioned, but not a fool. He needed someone to gather information from within the barrier. Someone experienced in traversing dangerous situations. Skinner couldn't go himself and Scully was out for the same reason Fox was. He turned to his guard, "Send for Major Kazuo Sawada." The major was renowned in Japan for being able to infiltrating behind enemy lines, and Skinner trusted him.

King Walter had another reason for sending Sawada. He wanted the major out of the way the next few days. Since Japan was taken over by Lord Yoshinobu Oda, Sawada had been forced to break off all ties with his country and military unit. He had refused a direct order by Lord Oda for him and Shinji to return to Japan. Lord Oda had made it quite clear that as the new ruler of Japan, by right Shinji Takeda should be his lover. The Japanese ruler had even tried to pressure Skinner into returning Shinji, but Skinner had informed Lord Oda that the decision rested entirely with Shinji and no one else.

Now with Lord Oda coming to meet with King Walter and many of the other world leaders to strategize against the Seraphim threat, the King couldn't afford a confrontation between Oda and Sawada. Skinner would have to look after Shinji himself, just in case the Japanese ruler planned on using his time here to pursue the young immortal. Maybe he should send MacIver with Sawada just to be safe, the two men had a better chance at success at any rate. As if hearing his thoughts, MacIver swaggered into the throne room with Sawada.

"Your Majesty," MacIver said with an exaggerated bow.

"Rory," Skinner grumbled. Yes, he definitely needed to send MacIver.

"You sent for us?" MacIver asked, smiling sweetly.

"I sent for Kazuo, but as long as you're here, I have a mission for the two of you," Skinner said.

"A mission. Your Majesty, with all due respect, one of us needs to be with Shinji," Sawada said.

"Shinji is still three months away from his due date, and the mission will only take three days tops. Besides, Kazuo, your father, and uncles are living with you now they should be able to take care of Shinji during those three days. Plus, I'll be watching over him, too," Skinner said diplomatically.

"Yes, Your Majesty, what is the mission?" Sawada relented, glancing sideways at MacIver.

"Three of our agents have disappeared in the vicinity of White Mountain, Alaska. There is now a barrier encompassing the entire mountain range and the surrounding valleys. I need you to get in close enough to collect a sample from the barrier, we need to find out its composition," Skinner said.

"Is that all?" MacIver asked surprised.

"Yes. Once you have the sample, I need you to bring it back here immediately." Skinner leaned forward. "And, gentleman, for your information, no one has been able to get any closer than two miles to the barrier before they fled in terror. If you'd like to back out no one would think the worse of you," Skinner added, and got the desired response back.

MacIver scoffed, "I do not scare easily. We'll be back here in two days tops with your bloody sample." He then turned to Sawada. "C'mon, Kazuo, it's your turn to fly,"

"It's always my turn to fly, Rory, you don't know how," Sawada grumbled, following MacIver out of the throne room.

"You can teach me on the way, then I can fly us back," MacIver drawled.

"I'm not that brave, Rory," Sawada quipped.

Director Hazel looked at the King after the two voices had faded in the distance. "Your Majesty, do you honestly believe that those two can collect the sample?"

"Maybe not alone, but together, yes. Neither one is going to admit to being afraid in front of the other; they will egg each other on and their male egos will not allow them to fail." Skinner smiled.


The Winter Palace
Friday, May 25 4:30 p.m.

Slava sat in the rocking chair bottle feeding his daughter Anatasja. He found holding his daughters tended to soothe his nerves and temper. He had been in a foul mood since Alexei had refused to come back to him. Tomorrow he was going to the New America under invitation from King Walter Skinner. He was determined to see Alexei while he was at the palace, one way or another.

The Tsar stared at the photograph of himself and Fox, it helped him to understand why Alexei would not come to him. Fox needed Alexei with him, he wouldn't begrudge Fox that need, and neither would he force Alexei to choose between him and Fox. A choice he had no chance of winning. Slava would try to be patient with his lover, eventually Alexei would come back to him.


Crystal Palace
Friday, May 26
9:00 p.m.

Skinner held Alex against his chest as he stroked a soapy washcloth over his chest and belly. The candles that they had lit around the bathtub illuminated them both in a golden glow.

"This is nice," Alex purred, taking a sip of whiskey and then holding glass to Walter's lips to share the warm amber liquid.

"Thanks," Skinner said. "Alex, you've been quiet lately. Is there something wrong?"

"Besides my allowing that alien to get its hands on Fox?" Krycek grumbled.

"You saved Fox from that creature, Alex."

"Maybe, but I wasn't able to protect him."

"You have some of your powers back now, that should count for something." Skinner took another sip from the glass for fortitude before asking, "You miss Slava don't you?"

"Yes," Alex said softly. He turned and straddled Skinner's lap. "I didn't think it would be so hard. God I love him so much. It feels like a part of me is missing." Alex rested his head on Walter's broad shoulder. "Walter, I love you and Fox more though, and I will never leave you and Fox, I'd rather die first."

Skinner sighed, he had never seen Alex looking so miserable as he had been since they returned with Fox. He ran his hand over his beautiful lover's long back and massaged his knotted muscles. "I'm going to be convening a conference at the palace with many of the world leaders to discuss this Seraphim threat. I've invited Slava, he and his delegation will be housed in half of the fourteenth floor. If you want to see him, I won't interfere."

Alex pulled back and looked deeply into his eyes. "You mean it, Walter?" he asked somewhat perplexed. He wanted so badly to see Nikolai again, but he was worried about leaving Fox even for a few hours.

"Alex, as long as you promise to always be here for Fox. He is my main concern, I don't want him subjected to anymore pain especially now that he's pregnant. Fox needs both of our support over the next nine months."

"I intend to give Fox a lot more than only my support, Walter." Alex smiled and kissed Skinner gently. "Thank you for being so understanding."

Skinner kissed him back hotly and cupped his firm buttocks. His fingers delved into the crease and found the tight opening. He slipped in a finger and slowly fucked Alex, capturing the young man's moans against his lips as he slipped a second and third slicked finger into him. The bath water swirled around them, and Alex wiggled driving the fingers in deeper.

"Come on, Walter, do me," Alex growled.

"Patience, baby," Skinner soothed.

"Dadda," Faith said as she crawled up the final step to the bathtub.

"Shit!" Krycek cried, jumping off Walter's lap, the fingers were roughly yanked out of his anus. "Cutie, how did you get out of your crib?" he asked, exasperated, scrambling across the large bathtub to reach his daughter, but he wasn't quick enough and she toppled in pajamas and all.

Walter was laughing as Alex came over holding a soaked baby who was squealing with delight, and had bubbles clinging to her hair.

"Bath!" she said, slapping Alex's wet chest.

"Oh God, you should see your face, Alex," Skinner chuckled. "Why didn't you use your powers to stop her from falling in?"

"I was too flustered that she might have seen us ... you know," Alex said as he handed the baby to Walter.

"Don't worry it is too dark and there are too many bubbles in the tub for her to have seen anything," Skinner said and started to remove the soaked pajamas and soggy diaper. "You want to take a bath with us, do you, Cutie?"

"Eeek!" the baby giggled.

Alex sat down next to them. "She must have climbed out of her crib. We're going to have to make sure all of the doors are shut and that she can't get into anything. Where's Hope?" he asked suddenly scanning the nursery then the bedroom, chuckling when he found her in bed with Fox. "It figures that both of them would learn how to escape at the same time."

"Yeah, while we were too preoccupied to notice," Skinner said, caressing the side of Alex's face. He was so beautiful, the older man thought, disappointed over the interruption. "Your timing was really poor, Cutie."


"So what do you want to do?"

*I want to fuck you blind,* Skinner answered telepathically.

"I meant about the babies. We can't have them climbing out of their cribs, they might get hurt."

"We can start letting them sleep in twin beds with sidebars. We'll have to teach them to stay in their beds at night, and lock our door when we're intimately occupied." Skinner's hand found Alex's cock under the soapy water and squeezed.

Krycek slapped his hand away. "Walter, not in front of the munchkin!"

"She can't see anything," Skinner said, holding Faith with his other arm.

"She can see more than you think," Alex replied, taking his daughter from Walter, he stood and grabbed a towel. "I'm going to turn in. We'll work on their sleeping arrangement tomorrow."

Skinner sighed; he wasn't getting any tonight that was for sure.


White Mountain
Friday, May 26
10:30 p.m.

The dining hall was medieval in appearance, the floors and walls were stone. A large stone fireplace took up one wall with a heavy oak mantel. Inside the fireplace a deer carcass turned on a spit. A human attended it. A long oak table was centered in the middle of the room with three pewter chandeliers over it. At the table was an oddly assembled group. A giant winged creature, two beautiful immortals, a mysterious figure covered head to toe in fabric, and an enormous n'thral.

Ari raised his scarf enough so he could slip the fork underneath and take a bite of the venison steak. He watched the smoker intently as the creature waved the fork around in its clawed fingers talking animatedly to his guests.

"You could come and work for me again, Ari. I could use a man of your skills and expertise. You do want to be on a winning team, don't you?" CGB Spender rambled.

"Smoky, you know that I'm not much of a team player," Ari said, glancing at the clock on the mantel. Why wasn't that poison working yet? He'd slipped enough of it into the smoker's wine to kill an elephant. He looked over at the two immortals sitting on either side of the smoker. They kept their eyes down and ate without any real enjoyment.

Ari smiled under his scarf, they would enjoy their next meal, he would see to that himself. He looked back at the smoker as he heard a gasp and the creature stood up suddenly clutching at its throat. The smoker's eyes rolled back in his head as he toppled over backward landing on the hard stone floor.

"Well, it is about fucking time," Ari growled, throwing down his napkin he stood and walked over to CGB Spender's body.

Ian looked at him with big, blue eyes. "What did you do?"

"I poisoned the bastard," Summers said, kneeling. He checked the smoker's throat for a pulse and frowned when he found a faint one. "Shit, he's not dead." Ari pulled his gun from its holster, and aimed it at the smoker's head and pulled the trigger, he startled in shocked amazement as the bullet bounced off the hard skin, then ricochet off the wall and broke a vase on the table.

Duffy shook his head, realizing they were in deep trouble if bullets and poison wouldn't kill the creature. It was possible that nothing would. "Forget it, Ari, we need to move quickly before he recovers. Have Paul free the FBI man from the plaster and I'll get Jeff and the other two FBI agents. Azure, Aton, go collect your stuff we are leaving now," Duffy ordered, heading out the door.

*Paul, free Agent Peacock! All of you move it! We need to be on the road in ten minutes tops!* Ari yelled telepathically. His other gang members were taking out the smoker's men.

"Come on you two, we need to find you something warm to wear," he said, grabbing the two smaller immortals under their elbows he rushed them out of the dining room.

Ian came out of his daze and stared up at the man who was at least five inches taller than himself. "Why are you saving us?"

Ari rummaged through their closets and tossed the immortal their heavy, hooded, fur coats. "I hate CGB Spender."

"When he recovers he will kill you. Aren't you afraid?" Khalid asked, pulling on the coat and stepping into the fur-lined mukluks.

"No. He'd have to find me first, besides I'm not that easy to kill," Ari said, smiling knowingly under the layers of scarves. He gasped aloud as he felt the baby kick and touched his belly.

"Are you okay?" Ian asked, worried.

"Fine," Ari choked out in a stained voice. "Let's go."

He guided the two immortals through the corridors and past the bodies of the dead guards. They stepped on the lift and started their descent off the mountain. "We're going to split up. You two will be going with me and Jason."

"To where?" Ian asked.

"Azure, the less you know the better. At least until I am sure you are able to conceal your thoughts."

"Call me Ian, and this is Khalid not Aton. Is it really possible for me to hide my thoughts?"

The lift opened at the bottom of the mountain and Ari quickly shot the two guards standing outside. "Sure it is, but it requires training and concentration," he said casually stepping over the dead bodies.

The lift started back up as Ari led them to the motor pool. They wouldn't be able to take the horses because they needed to move quickly. He scanned for a vehicle large enough for Duffy. He spotted a humvee, if they removed the passenger side seat Duffy should be able to fit, and they'd be able to drive this off road. He started working on removing the seat.

Duffy and the other men raced into the motor pool a minute later. Ari's eyes widened behind his sunglasses as he stared at Jeffrey Spender who looked even more magnificent without the bars of the cell door interfering with his view. Ari licked his lips lustfully as he gazed upon the Seraphim's finely sculpted body, it was tall and powerfully built. The russet wings were so beautiful. "Wow."

"Jeff, are you okay?" Ian asked, rushing to Spender's side.

"I'm fine, Ian. Thanks to Duffy." He stood shivering in the nighttime air with only a fur blanket wrapped around his waist and his hands pulled it up against his chest as far as his wings would allow. "I just need to get clothes that will fit me," he joked.

Duffy hurriedly helped Ari remove the seat. "You shouldn't be doing this, Ari, not in your condition," he scolded.

"I'm fine, Jason," Ari assured the giant and turned to his gang. "Paul, split the team into three groups, we'll meet up in a month at our planned destination point."

"Ari, can't Jeff come with us?" Ian asked, holding Spender's hand.

"No. There's no room in the humvee for him."

Duffy watched the two men's faces drop. "There is if you sit on my lap, Ari," he said, climbing into the humvee. "Ian, you can drive."

Ian beamed happily as Jeffrey and Khalid climbed into the backseat. Jeffrey found it difficult to sit with his wings in the way, but he finally found a comfortable position. Ian got behind the steering wheel as Ari climbed on Duffy's lap, the giant held him securely.

"You're a softy, Jason," Ari said, snuggling in his lover's arms.

"There's nothing wrong with that," Duffy replied.

"Ian, I want us as far away from here and as quickly as possible. We'll leave the road in an hours time," Ari ordered as Ian put the truck in gear and they sped off down the dark road toward the unseen towering black barrier.

"You don't have to tell me to move quickly, Ari. I plan on setting a new world speed record," Ian growled.


"Kazuo, maybe we should go back and wait at the car until daylight. I swear we're being followed," MacIver said nervously looking around at the dark forest. The gnarly branches on the trees seemed to be reaching for them. Their rental car was parked five miles back. They had landed at the airport in Anchorage that morning and had driven a rental car to get out to the site. The barrier was clearly visible as they had flown into Alaska, it could be seen off in the distance from the Anchorage's airport over a hundred miles away.

"Rory, we are sneaking into enemy territory! You cannot sneak in broad daylight," Sawada hissed. He found yelling at his friend was helpful in taking his mind off his fears, and it helped drown out the sound of his teeth clattering together. He had never been more afraid in his life, which was strange since he'd been in a lot more dangerous situations than this.

"Real men would sneak in broad daylight, it's more of a challenge," MacIver said.

"Admit it, Rory, you're scared shitless!" Sawada growled as they walked another dozen steps closer to their destination.

"Am not! What was that?" he asked, grabbing onto Kazuo's arm as loud moaning and bodiless screams floated around them.

It was becoming harder to move forward with each step closer to the barrier. Sweat ran down Sawada's back and he swabbed at his damp brow with a handkerchief. He stopped suddenly. Before him on the path was his mother. "Kaasan," he whispered.

~ Modori nasai! ~ she wailed.

Rory stopped when he realized Sawada wasn't moving. "What's wrong?"

"Can't you see her?" he asked, staring at his mother.

"See who? There's no one there," MacIver said, walking back to his friend and straight through the apparition who shattered as if she was made out of glass, sparkling shards flittered to the ground then vanished..

"My mother, Ayako," he said sadly, staring at the ground beneath MacIver's feet.

"What did she want?" MacIver fearfully scanned the surrounding area.

"She said to go back." Sawada shook his head clearing it. He was being deceived; his mother would never be in such an evil place. He could see the barrier pulsating a hundred feet in front of them. "Rory, I bet you a month's worth of old fashion diaper changing and bottle feedings that I can collect a sample before you can." He pulled out a vacuum with a collection jar attached from his backpack.

MacIver looked him in the eye. "You're on," he growled, willing himself to calm down as he pulled an identical vacuum from his backpack.

Both men looked at each other challengingly, then turned, screaming as they raced toward the barrier. MacIver almost dropped the vacuum when he got a good look at what the thing was made up of. The translucent shapes of humans and creatures from his worse nightmares were shrieking and twisting, their bodies contorted, as they performed hideous sexual maneuvers, then dissolved into one another and re-flowed into new horrifying forms. The two men had to use their powers to prevent from being grabbed as arms reached out trying to claim them. MacIver quickly filled his jar with the thick black substance.

~ Rory, help me? ~

MacIver turned toward the familiar voice and stared in shock as his older brother Duncan held his arms out toward him. "Duncan," he said and took a step toward the apparition.

Sawada grabbed MacIver quickly from behind and threw him roughly to the ground just as the wall surged forward to claim him.

"Kazuo, get your fucking hands off me! That thing has my brother!" the Scotsman growled, trying desperately to throw the heavier man off.

Sawada slapped him hard across the face. "Get a fucking grip! That thing is not your brother! It is a trickster. Your brother is dead!"

There was a loud roar and a humvee came flying through the barrier, sending fragments of black muck flying in all directions. The humvee veered out of control and crashed into a tree a couple of hundred feet from the barrier.

"Fuck." MacIver said as his thoughts cleared and he realized how close he had come to a fate worse than death.

"Come on, Rory," Sawada said, pulling his friend to his feet, they ran over to the smoking humvee.

Three men came staggering out coughing, and one reached back in and helped a fourth man out.

"Agent Johnson!" MacIver shouted, racing toward the four men.

"Mr. MacIver, what are you and the Major doing here?" Lars Johnson asked, eyes bewildered. Blood ran down his face from a gash in his scalp.

MacIver pulled a handkerchief from his pocket and pressed it against the wound. "Collecting a sample from that thing," he answered, pointing at the barrier. "The King was worried about you three." MacIver nodded in greeting to Agents Jones and Peacock, the forth man he didn't recognize.

"Please, say you have a car nearby?" Paul Danforth asked anxiously, helping Peacock stay on his feet. "Dammit! We need to get out of here before it awakens or we'll never get away!"

"We have a car five miles from here," MacIver said, helping the Australian sorcerer with Agent Peacock who was barely able to stand. "Who are you talking about?"

"The Batman. Do you think you could have gotten this close if he was conscious? That shield is in a weakened state, you would never have gotten near it if he was awake," Danforth said his voice quivering. He hurried his steps to keep up with the Scotsman as they dragged Peacock off in the direction of the rental car.

"It seemed pretty strong to me," MacIver grumbled, looking nervously around the darkened forest.

"By Batman, do you mean CGB Spender?" Sawada asked, guarding the rear.

"Yeah, Spender." Danforth nodded.

They walked the next three miles in silence. Only their heavy breathing and the crunching of twigs and dried leaves under foot could be heard above the fading echoes of moans and shrieks coming from the barrier. MacIver finally broke the silence, asking, "Agent Johnson, was there any sign of Jeffrey Spender?"

"Ah, yeah, he's with Jason Duffy, and the Batman's two immortal prisoners, and this tall Aussie dude. They took off in the opposite direction from us. You see, we split into four groups to make it harder for the Batman to catch us when he wakes up."

"Duffy! How did he get here?" MacIver asked excitedly.

Lars shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know, ask him," he said nodding over to Danforth. "Duffy came with them Aussies, and their leader seemed well acquainted with CGB Spender."

Paul looked from Lars Johnson over to the Scotsman confused. "You know that giant n'thral?"

"Duffy is a very good friend of mine. How did he come to be with your group, and what is your connection to CGB Spender?" MacIver asked distrustfully.

"We purchased Duffy from Emperor Kong. Ari had taken a fancy to the giant. We hardly know CGB Spender, we only did a few jobs for him before the virus. We didn't know anything about the Consortium or their dealings with the aliens at the time. If we did, we never would have taken the jobs," Danforth hurriedly assured the other sorcerers as they arrived at the car.

"Who is this Ari?" MacIver asked, helping Peacock into the backseat.

"Ari Summers is our leader."

"If he's harmed Duffy I will whip his sorry ass," MacIver growled.

Danforth started chuckling. "You'd have to go through Duffy to do it. He and Ari are lovers."

"Lovers!" MacIver looked back at the man from over the front seat as Sawada started the car. He couldn't imagine his giant friend as anyone's lover.

"They say love is blind," Sawada murmured.


The Crystal Palace
Saturday, May 27
noon

Tristan Woods picked up his paperback and sat on the sofa in front of the veranda. He was watching over Mulder while Alex and Walter were downstairs greeting their guests. The reception for the foreign royalty was being held in the palace's magnificent dining hall.

Downstairs, Skinner and Krycek were dressed in identical black suits that Fox had purchased for them as a Christmas present. They each held their daughters in their arms as they stood in the reception line greeting the foreign dignitaries. Shinji stood next to Alex holding his daughter Ayako, he was nervous about meeting Japan's new ruler. Canada's leader had been the first to arrive; he came with his immortal lover. The Canadian leader had requested a private meeting with King Walter to discuss the growing menace in Alaska.

The three Kings from African arrived together and again each had an immortal lover with them. Skinner tensed as Tsar Nikolai Slava entered the room and made his way down the reception line, pausing to talk with Major Pyetr Yermolov who stood with both his pregnant immortal lovers.

"Major Yermolov, if you ever wish to return to Russia the door is open. I have dropped all charges against you," the Tsar said.

"Thank you, Tsar Nikolai," Pyetr said surprised. He didn't detect any malice or anger toward him from the Tsar, in fact he had never seen Slava looking so relaxed and friendly.

Slava moved down the line shaking hands with Justin Blaise and Joseph Shadow Hawk, he inquired about their pregnancies and how they were feeling. Then he moved down to meet Hans Schatz, Gabriel Hunter, and Melvin Frohike.

Shaking Hunter's hand he said, "I heard the two of you single handedly took on the coalition and won. I would have loved to have been there to see the looks on their faces."

"It wasn't much to defeat them, they were weakened from fighting each other," Hunter replied.

Slava smiled charmingly. "Agent Hunter, don't sell yourself short. I heard that Kong hadn't participated in the fights, but he was too afraid to take you on. You conceal your powers well. However, I can feel that you are even more powerful than I."

Alex watched his Russian lover and licked his lips in anticipation as Nikolai move closer, he was mesmerized by the sound of his deep, sexy voice as it drifted through the room. Nikolai's eyes met Alex's as he stopped in front of Shinji. Slava pulled his eyes away from his love and focused on the Japanese immortal, lightly touching his baby's check. "She's beautiful, Mr. Takeda," the Tsar said softly, then looked Shinji in the eye. "I would personally like to thank you for my people, the drug you invented that suppresses a n'thral's sex drive has become invaluable to us." He turned to his advisor who was standing behind him and the man handed him a small, silver, gilded box. "Please accept this as a token of my appreciation."

Shinji opened the box and blushed, closing it quickly. "Thank you." He shyly peered up at the tall Russian through thick lashes.

Slava smiled slyly. "Fox mentioned that you wanted one. It's not as good as Mr. Izumi could have carved, but I think that I did a good job."

Alex was curious to see what was inside the box. His stomach fluttered with nervous butterflies as Nikolai moved over to him and focused his entire attention on him and Faith.

"May I hold her, Alexei?" he asked gently.

"Sure," Alex said, passing the baby to him.

Faith looked at Slava curiously and touched his face.

"You are a beauty just like your daddies, aren't you, Faith?"

"Baby purty," Faith cooed.

"Yes you are," Slava chuckled, handing her back to Alex, he leaned in and kissed the young man deeply. A murmur ran through the crowd and all eyes turned to King Walter who was watching unemotionally.

Slava reluctantly ended the kiss. "You will meet me in private later, Alexei?"

"Yes. We need to talk," Alex said breathlessly, his knees felt weak and he wanted to sit down.

"Good." Slava smiled and moved down to meet his rival.

"Are you done molesting my lover in public?" Skinner asked calmly.

Slava chuckled. "You don't seem too upset. May I?" He held out his hands for Hope.

"Alex and I have an understanding." Skinner handed his daughter to Slava.

Hope stared at the strange man uncertainly. "She's pretty and has Alexei's distrustful expression," Slava said softly. "How's Fox doing?"

Skinner was going to tell him it was none of his business, but he paused at the genuine concern he saw in Slava's eyes. "He's sleeping through his first month of pregnancy."

"Is it true? Did that ... creature ... " Slava's voice was strangled with rage and he couldn't get the rest of his question out.

"Yes. We're going to deal with it on a day-by-day basis," Skinner answered, taking Hope back.

"If there is anything I can ... "

"Just stay away from Fox, you've hurt him enough," Skinner growled softly, too low for anyone other than Alex to hear.

"Take care of him properly and I might," Slava said with a touch of a threat. He turned and headed toward the dining room, followed closely by his Generals.

Skinner gritted his teeth, this was tough, but he knew it would be. He needed to work with Slava. The Tsar's armed forces were nearly as large as his own, and if it came to a war with the Seraphim they needed to work as a team.

"Walter, don't worry. I'll keep him away from Fox," Alex said, touching his sleeve.

"See that you do, Alex," Skinner growled.

Shinji suddenly insinuated himself between Walter and Alex, holding tightly to his daughter.

Skinner glanced down the line of guests to find what had caused the young man's sudden nervousness. The Japanese delegation had arrived, headed by Lord Oda who was dressed in the traditional Japanese attire. The man cut an impressive figure, tall, lean, and devastatingly handsome. His eyes were focused only on Shinji as he made his way straight across the foyer to the young man, ignoring the reception line.

Lord Oda stopped in front of Shinji, looking at the immortal in undisguised admiration. He reached out and his fingers lightly brushed Shinji's cheek. "You are even more beautiful than I'd imagined," he murmured softly in Japanese.

Skinner was glad that Sawada and MacIver weren't back yet. Lord Oda would have found himself on his ass for sure.

Shinji stepped away from the man's touch, blushing brightly as Lord Oda eyes focused from his daughter then hungrily stared at his swollen belly. Shinji finally found his voice saying, "Lord Oda, welcome to New America. May I introduce King Walter and Prince Alex."

The Shogun focused on the other two men, bowing respectfully to each then speaking to Skinner. "King Walter, it is an honor to meet you. We have many issues to discuss during my visit."

"I will make time for you after tomorrow's meeting, Lord Oda. Hopefully we can come to an understanding on the more sensitive issues," Skinner replied, glancing at Takeda, it was clear he was referring to Lord Oda's demand that Shinji be returned to Japan.

"That is what I'm hoping for, Your Majesty," he replied, bowing then turning back to Takeda. "Shinji, please do me the honor of dining with me." The Shogun held out his hand to the young man.

Shinji stared at the hand hesitantly, he didn't want to cause a scene, but he felt uncomfortable being alone with this man.

Skinner saw Shinji's dilemma and motioned for Agent Hunter. "Agent Hunter is Mr. Takeda's chaperon whenever Mr. Takeda's life partners are out of town," he explained.

Lord Oda scowled over the words *life partners* then looked the handsome, fair-haired sorcerer over disapprovingly. "Who's to protect Shinji from him?"

"Me," Hans said brightly, coming up behind Hunter and taking his hand.

Lord Oda was taken aback by the beautiful, blond immortal, and even more so when Shinji handed Hunter the baby and wrapped his arm around Hans' waist.

Shinji giggled, relaxing considerably with his friend's closeness. "Hans is very good at protecting me from his lovers, especially Melvin," he said, hugging Hans appreciatively. "Let's eat I'm starving." Shinji and Hans headed off toward dining hall with Lord Oda and Hunter following behind.

The Japanese delegation had been the last to arrive, so Skinner and Krycek and the others from the reception line went to join their guests in the large dining hall.

A hundred round tables with seating for six at each filled the room. The tables were covered in white linen and bedecked with spring flowers. A small cascading waterfall emptied into a fountain on one end of the room. Beneath their feet the floor was made up of large, glass tiles that covered an aquarium teaming with sea life from the waters surrounding the island. The far side of the dining hall was opened to the indoor garden. Waiters roamed the room with appetizers and wine.

"Very impressive," Slava said, strolling over to Skinner and Krycek. The room had a soothing effect on him, and he wanted to duplicate something similar inside the Winter Palace.

"Thank you. The architects wanted to interweave as much nature as they could into all the rooms," Krycek replied, smiling and putting Faith in a booster seat at their table. He took Hope from Skinner and strapped her into a similar seat. "Would you care to join us, Nikolai?"

"I'd love to, Alexei."

Skinner sighed, sitting next to his daughter and scooting close so he could feed her. He only had two days that he'd have to tolerate Slava's presence. Frohike suddenly plopped down in the empty chair at the table with a small plate brimming with appetizers. "Hey, Walter, Alex, nice soiree."

"Melvin, I'm glad you're enjoying yourself," Skinner replied, looking at his friend with amusement.

"Yeah, I'm having a great time. I've never seen so many pregnant men in one room before. Gives you something to look forward to right, Alex?" he smiled mockingly, there were twelve pregnant immortals at the reception.

"Shut up, Frohike," Krycek grumbled.

Slava and Skinner both stared at Alex with similar looks of desire. Slava looked across the table at Skinner. "Too bad Alexei's your brother. That sort of rules out you ever having children with him."

"Not necessarily, he's only my half-brother and his recent change into an immortal has altered his DNA sufficiently, making it possible for us to have children without having to worry about genetic mutations," Skinner answered smugly.

"Guys, can we change the subject," Krycek snarled.

Frohike snickered. He glanced across the dining room to his lover who was leaning over whispering to Shinji.

Shinji pulled the gilded box from his pocket and handed it to Hans.

The blond opened it and giggled. "Shin, this is as good as Mulder's netsukes." Hans was careful so the other men at the table couldn't see the small carving. It depicted Shinji standing with his legs spread apart while Kazuo fucked him from behind and Rory knelt at his feet orally pleasuring him.

"May I see?" Lord Oda asked.

"It is a carving of me and my lovers that Tsar Nikolai made for me," Shinji said, deciding it might convince the Shogun that he was already in love with two wonderful men, and that he wouldn't stand a chance.

Lord Oda looked at it briefly, then handed it back to Shinji. "It is very good," he said with a sly smile on his lips.

Shinji looked down at the carving, which now depicted Lord Oda fucking him while jacking him off. His lover's were gone. Tears welled up in his eyes. "Change it back or I'll tell the Tsar that you ruined his gift!"

"What and ruin King Walter's reception? Shinji, the carving is so much better now," Lord Oda said in Japanese, he could not understand why the young immortal was so upset. He was a much better catch than the two men Shinji was temporarily involved with.

Tears ran down Shinji's cheeks, he had been looking forward to showing the netsuke to his lovers when they returned. He was mortified over crying in public, but couldn't help himself. His emotions had been fragile lately.

"That's a bit childish," Hunter said calmly, looking into the Shogun's dark eyes. "Shinji, form a mental picture of what your gift looked like before and I'll fix it for you."

Lord Oda scoffed. "You would need to be more powerful than I to be able to undo ... " he stopped as the netsuke returned to normal, and he looked at the blind sorcerer in amazement.

"Yeah, I know I'd have to be a more powerful sorcerer than you to change it back, but then I am. Lord Oda, you don't think King Walter would choose me to protect Shinji if I weren't, do you?" Hunter replied pleasantly. "Now I suggest you enjoy your meal and don't cause anymore mischief."

"Thanks, Gabriel," Shinji said, drying his eyes and putting the box back in his pocket. He hoped that Rory and Kazuo returned soon.

"My apologies, Shinji. I wasn't aware that the object meant so much to you," Lord Oda said tactfully.

Shinji ignored him and instead looked down at his daughter sleeping in a bassinet at his feet, then went back to his meal.


Alaska
Saturday, May 27
10:30 a.m.

They had been driving off road for the past ten hours. It was slow going at first. However, the further away from White Mountain they got the stronger Jeffrey Spender became, and he was finally able to use his newly discovered powers. He made the trees and shrubs vanish out of their path then replaced them to conceal their tracks.

"We should be crossing into Canada soon," Ian said. He was familiar with this part of the country.

Ari closed his eyes as a mild contraction throbbed in his belly. That was the fourth one in the past ten hours. He knew instinctively that he was in labor. Seven months seemed too early, but maybe that was how long immortal pregnancies lasted. Ari couldn't tell Duffy or the others yet. They were still too close to CGB Spender's territory. They needed to get at least several hundred miles away before they could even consider stopping. He laid his head back against Duffy's chest and listened to his lover's gentle snoring. For someone so large Duffy was a quiet sleeper.

Jeffrey was staring at Ari frowning; he could hear two heartbeats coming from the man. He wondered if there was something he could poke Ari with to see if he bled green, the last thing he wanted to do was bring an alien home with him. If he didn't bleed green then Duffy would probably kill him for stabbing his lover, so he decided to closely watch Ari for any outward signs.


Chapter 20 - Birth

Foxfire Glenn Estate
Saturday, May 27
1:30 p.m.

Mulder slowly opened his eyes and stared uncomprehendingly at the bowed ceiling above the bed. It glowed brightly in the sunny interior of his bedroom. He sat up and the covers fell away from his naked body. He noticed the clock across the room on the mantel, it was well past noon, and he wondered briefly why he had slept so late. Then it struck him. He was pregnant.

"Mulder, how are you feeling?" Tristan Woods asked, placing his book down and walking over to Mulder.

Mulder continued to stare blankly at the clock, feeling alone and very lost as his whole world spun out of control around him. He no longer knew who he was anymore, or how he could endure going through with this -- pregnancy. What had he been thinking? Not only was he pregnant with Walter's and Alex's babies, but that creature's, too.

"Mulder?" Tristan asked again, touching his arm.

Mulder looked vacantly at the younger man, then scooted away from his touch and climbed out of bed. He yanked the IV line out his arm and ignored the small trickle of blood as he wandered silently out onto the veranda where he stood staring off into the distance at the shimmering ocean just beyond the cliffs. Why did these things happen to him he thought for the umpteenth time in his life. His whole life seemed like one big twisted joke, by some spiteful God.

Tristan grabbed Mulder's robe and followed him outside and over to the high railing which overlooked the palace below. Tristan helped an unresponsive Mulder on with the robe, while intently watching him as Mulder continued to be silent and distant with a forlorn expression on his beautiful face.

"Why don't you sit down and I'll bring you a cup of tea," Tristan suggested, taking Mulder's hand he led him away from the railing and over to a cushioned patio chair.

Mulder allowed himself to be led. What was the point of resisting? He pondered. He had no freewill of his own, it appeared. Even his own body betrayed him. He was nothing more than a fucking trophy, to be owned and kept. He chuckled bitterly, kept high above the ground inside a crystal tower, like some fairytale princess. God, his life sucked.

Tristan rushed back inside and looked at the clock frowning, the reception would be in full-swing. It probably wasn't a good time to disturb Alex or Walter. He glanced back out toward Mulder who was sitting where he had left him. None of the other immortals had been this way after awakening from their pregnancy induced sleep. They had all been cheerful and happy, but then, none of them had been impregnated after being raped, by an alien no less. Tristan picked up the telephone and called Doctor Pendrell.

The doctor was up in the apartment in under five minutes. Arty had increased the speed of the elevator to get him there sooner.

"He's on the veranda, Doctor," Tristan said, leading Pendrell to Mulder.

Doctor Pendrell set his bag down and knelt beside the chair. "Mulder, how are you feeling?"

Mulder looked sadly at the concerned face of his Doctor. His heart ached as he wondered why Alex or Walter weren't here. Why would they send Doctor Pendrell and have Tristan watching him, unless? Mulder felt bitter tears of rejection welling up in his eyes. He knew. His lovers were probably repulsed by his present condition. Was this what he had to look forward to from life? Being shunned by his lovers and trapped on this island with no one who truly cared for him? He felt a tightness in his chest as his world dimmed to muted shades of desolation and loneliness.

Pendrell touched Mulder's tear dampened cheek. "Mulder, I can't help you if you won't tell me what's wrong."


Skinner dropped his fork and looked over at Alex who was totally engrossed in Nikolai Slava. "Watch the babies, Alex, I'm going upstairs to check on Fox."

"Why? Is there something wrong?" Krycek asked, reluctantly pulling his eyes away from Slava's.

"No. Just watch the babies, I'll be right back." Skinner stood and hurried to the elevator.

Slava's gentle touch on Alex's hand pulled the young man's attention back to him. The sweet, musky smell of his lover was intoxicating, and Alex leaned toward him, wanting him so badly. The closeness of his bond-mate blocked out all others around Alex. Slava was the center of his universe.


Skinner stepped on the elevator and used the security devices required for taking it to his floor. Arty's critical voice chirped, "It is about time, Fox isn't functioning property."

"Arty, get me up there now!" Skinner barked.

"I'd get you there an hour ago if I could," Arty replied sarcastically.

Skinner snapped, "If you knew something was wrong with him why didn't you inform me?"

"You ordered me not to interfere in your personal life." The computer said with a whiny tone to its voice.

"Arty, I'm ordering you to tell me immediately if anything is wrong with my lovers or any of the immortals." Skinner watched the floor numbers flash by. He had felt Fox's emotional distress all the way in the dining hall. Fox was awake and distraught. Skinner realized that he should have left Alex with Fox, instead of insisting the young man attend the reception with him. Hindsight. How was he to know that Fox would wake up three days ahead of schedule? All of the other immortals had awoken exactly 29 days after they went to sleep.

The elevator doors opened and Skinner sprinted down the hallways to his bedroom. He looked at the empty bed and headed over to the veranda. Mulder was seated with Doctor Pendrell kneeling at his feet, checking his blood pressure.

"Why wasn't I called?" Skinner growled. Racing over to Mulder's side, he knelt, and solicitously touched the side of Mulder's face. He was frightened by the look of grief in his lover's eyes.

"Your Majesty, I didn't want to interrupt you at your reception," Tristan said, realizing his mistake. "I'm sorry."

"What's wrong with him, Doctor?" Skinner asked, taking Mulder's cold hands in his larger ones and trying to rub some warmth into them.

"Physically, nothing. He's in perfect health." Pendrell put his equipment back in his bag. "Your Majesty, he never had a chance to get over what happened to him with that Seraphim. I doubt that he ever will, not with that creature's baby growing inside him. Maybe you should call Doctor Vettelman to look at him."

Skinner tenderly touched Fox's cheek, before turning to the doctor and nurse. "You two can leave now. I'll take care of Fox myself. I don't want to involve our therapist yet."

"What about the reception?" Pendrell asked.

"Fox is more important to me. Doctor, would you inform General Kline about the situation."

"Yes, Your Majesty," Pendrell said.

Walter turned back to Fox after the two men had left. "Fox, speak to me, please. I need to know what you are feeling."

Mulder's eyes finally focused on him. "Why do you care?"

"Fox, I love you."

"Do you?" Mulder's eyes flashed angrily. "Walter, you're deceiving yourself. What you love is the power you have by owning me and knowing that I'm pregnant with your child. I bet you're looking forward to parading me in front of your subjects to show them just how virile you are!"

Skinner's face dropped, he couldn't believe Mulder would think so little of him. "You're the one who's deceiving himself if you believe that! I love you, Fox! We're *equal* partners and I would never treat you like an object or a possession. How could you even think such a thing?"

"If you loved me you would never have left me to wake up alone," Mulder accused, while knowing that his lovers could not have stayed with him twenty-four hours a day for a whole month. He felt so disgusted by what he had become that he struck out at those closest to him, for being foolish enough to love him. Couldn't they see that he wasn't worth their love? He was a freak!

"I'm sorry, Fox. It was my fault. Alex hadn't left your side since you fell asleep. I made him go to the reception I'm having for foreign rulers. I really didn't think you'd wake up for another three days," Skinner confessed.

Mulder felt as if the wind was knocked out of his sails. "Alex is here? He didn't go to Slava?" he asked softly, noticing Walter's formal black suit for the first time.

"No. You're more important to him," Skinner said. He didn't want to tell Mulder that Alex was currently with Slava.

"Where is Alex?"

"He's downstairs in the dining hall, watching our daughters, and hosting the reception in my absence. If he knew that you were awake, he'd be up here in a flash," Skinner said, standing and taking Mulder's hand. "Come back inside. I'll run a bath for you and have Jacques send up a nice lunch for you."

Mulder looked at him hesitantly.

"Fox, we can continue our discussion inside. Believe me, I want to resolve this notion you have that I don't love or respect you." Skinner sighed in relief as Mulder took his hand and followed him back inside.

Walter guided him up the steps to the bath. Mulder let go of Walter's hand and went to stare out the window as his lover started filling the bathtub.

"I can't go through with this, Walter. I want an abortion," he said suddenly.

Skinner's heart sank, he looked down at the water pouring into the tub. "Okay, Fox. It's your body, whatever you want." He swiped at a tear that slid down his cheek.

"You're not going to try to talk me out of it?" Mulder asked, turning to look at Walter.

"No. Fox, your happiness comes first to me."

Mulder looked at him perplexed, he was hoping to get his lover to admit that the baby growing inside him meant more to Walter than he did.

"What's wrong, Fox?"

"I'm afraid."

Skinner stood and walked over to him. "I'd be surprised if you weren't," he said, wrapping his arms around Fox and hugged the younger man close against his chest. He rubbed Fox's back through the soft velour robe. Mulder sighed and rested his head on Walter's broad shoulder as his lover whispered soothingly in his ear. "Fox, please don't ever doubt my love for you. I've been in love with you since long before you became an immortal and you know it."

"Walter, I'm sorry. I know you love me. It's just that my emotions are frayed, I'm not sure how I feel about anything right now."

Skinner smiled at him. "C'mon, into the bathtub, it will make you feel better."

Mulder scoffed, "It's going to take a lot more than a fucking bath to make me feel better! You're acting as if nothing is wrong with me, Walter! I'm a freak! How can you even stand to look at me?"

"Fox, you're no more a freak than I am!"

"Oh please! I'm a pregnant man! How much more of a freak is there than that?"

"Look, Fox, you didn't have a problem with this a month ago. You practically begged me to get you pregnant. I think your hormones are acting up, causing you to be overly emotional—" Skinner realized that he had put his foot in his mouth before all the words were out.

"Overly emotional!" he shouted. "I am not overly emotional! It was never my decision to get pregnant! If I could have fought the compulsion I would have! And I'll have you know, Walter, that I did not plan to be raped and impregnated by that Seraphim King either! I'm getting an abortion and that is that! I no longer have the compulsion to be pregnant."

"How do you know that the compulsion won't come back after the abortion?" Skinner asked quietly, feeling totally helpless over Mulder's decision to abort their baby.

Mulder glared at him, then sighed, "I don't." He dropped his robe and stepped down into the large whirlpool bathtub. What was he going to do? He couldn't go through with this pregnancy, he thought as he sank into the warm scented water. It felt wonderful and helped to revive him, making him feel partly human again.

Skinner watched silently as his lover's features softened. "I'm going to have Jacques bring you up something to eat," he said, heading into the other room. He picked up the telephone and called the kitchen.

Mulder leaned back in the bath and stared through the glass ceiling at the cerulean blue sky. He didn't realize how many minutes had passed, until his view was suddenly blocked by Walter's gentle face gazing down at him. His lover had changed out of his suit. He was wearing only sweatpants. His bare chest was covered with a fury mat of hair, two large nipples stood pert as if waiting for his special attention, but sex was the last thing on Mulder's mind. "Are you going to stand there gawking or are you going to join me?" he asked.

"I'm just happy to see you're finally awake, Fox. Are you sure you want me to join you? I figured you might want some time to yourself," Skinner said, kneeling beside the bathtub.

Mulder looked at him and pondered if he really wanted to have his solitude intruded upon. His need for the comfort of companionship won out. "I could use the company. With you being king, we hardly ever have that much time to ourselves."

Skinner smiled and stripped out of his sweatpants and stepped into the bathtub beside Mulder. He wanted to get them into an area of common everyday life and away from the subject of his lover's pregnant status. He decided to fill Mulder in on what was going on during his month long sleep. "Faith fell in the bathtub last night." He chuckled, "You should have seen Alex's face, he was mortified. We had just started to make love when all of a sudden she appeared at the top of the steps. We were bathing by candlelight and had used bubble soap in the tub, so she didn't see anything, but Alex was so shocked that he didn't even think to use his powers to prevent her from falling into the water."

Mulder smiled picturing Faith surprising his two lovers that way. He looked at Walter baffled. "Powers? What do you mean? Alex lost his powers."

"Apparently not, he's able to do some things again."

Mulder knew he should be happy for Alex, but he found himself resentful of his beautiful lover. While life in general kept kicking him in the ass, Alex seemed to glide through it unscathed. Chewing thoughtfully on his lower lip, he admitted to himself that wasn't fair, Alex had been raped and humiliated by King Gullbrand and Beiran Havock. Mulder was glad that Alex would be able to defend himself, he only wished he was able to, too.

Mulder leaned into Skinner's embrace. "How did Faith get out of her crib?"

"She climbed out, how else? Hope did, too. Monkey sees, monkey does. Hope climbed into bed with you, instead of trekking up the steps to the bathtub." Skinner picked up a washcloth and started washing Fox's chest.

"Have you and Alex discussed other sleeping arrangements for them?"

"We've set up twin beds in the nursery. We were going to move them to the bedroom next to ours once the babies were born, but it doesn't look like we'll have to do that now," Skinner said sadly.

Mulder bit his lip. Although at first it had been impulsiveness on his part when he said he wanted an abortion. He now was determined to get one. "I should talk to Doctor Pendrell," he said softly.

Skinner washed his arm. "You have time, Fox, why don't you wait a week? You've just woken up after sleeping a month."

"Do you really think a week is going to make a difference in how I feel?" Mulder challenged, even though deep down he wasn't sure how he felt, and he didn't want to examine his feelings too closely in case they made him change his mind. He did know that he didn't want Walter to assume he could convince him into changing his mind. He wanted some control over his life.

"No, Fox. I just want you to take a little more time to think it through," Walter replied carefully. "Can I ask you a question?"

"What?" Mulder replied warily.

"Did you dream at all during the time you slept?"

"Dream? No, I don't think I did, but if I had, I don't remember. Why do you want to know?"

"Fox, it's not important." Walter continued washing him and gently massaging his muscles until his head chef's voice interrupted them.

"Excuse me, King Walter. I have Prince Fox's lunch waiting for him on the table. It wouldn't be good to let it get cold," Jacques said.

"Thank you, Jacques."

Mulder sighed, he had been enjoying Skinner's fingers massaging his back. He could smell the food from here and had to admit that he was starving.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Saturday, May 27
2:30 a.m.

The string quartet played softly while the guests were served dessert. Slava leaned over and whispered affectionately into Alex's ear. "If I don't get you alone soon I'm going to embarrass us both by taking you over this table."

Frohike looked up from his second slice of cheesecake. "Don't let me stop you," he leered.

Krycek looked imploringly at the little man. "Melvin, would you mind watching Hope and Faith until Walter gets back? Nikolai and I are going to run upstairs."

"Only if you promise not to call me Melvin again. It just doesn't sound right coming from you or Mulder," Frohike replied, looking at the two babies playing happily with their chocolate pudding. He hoped that Krycek didn't expect him to clean them.

"Thanks, Frohike," Alex said, standing, he grabbed the large Cossack's hand and pulled him out of his chair.

"In a hurry, Alexei?" Slava asked, raising a mocking eyebrow.

Krycek smirked back. "If you'd rather not, we could always stay and eat our dessert."

"I prefer having my dessert upstairs in my bedroom," Slava purred, pulling Alex up against his body and lovingly kissing him.

A murmur ran through the dining hall over the liberties the Russian was taking with King Walter's partner.

They ignored the few vocal comments that reached their ears and walked out in each other's arms. They stumbled onto the elevator as the doors opened suddenly. Slava kissed a trail down Alex's neck as he pushed the button for the fourteenth floor, then lithely removed Alex's tie and unfastened his top buttons.

"Alex, who's the hunk?" Arty's disembodied voice made Slava jump and look around him.

"Arty, butt out," Krycek growled.

"Who's this Arty?" Slava asked.

"A fucking AI computer that the Gunmen programmed. It seems to enjoy giving Fox and me a hard time."

"Would you like me to take care of it?" Slava asked, pulling Alex back into his arms.

"Oh, I'm trembling fearfully, Big Man," Arty chuckled.

"Annoying isn't he?" Krycek sighed, he had tried to disconnect it, but he couldn't find the main power source.

Slava pushed out with his mind, thinking he'd turn off the computer. Instead, he suddenly found himself flat on his back.

"Tsk tsk tsk, that wasn't very smart, stud. Alex, I think you should advise your boyfriend that only King Walter has the authority to turn me off," Arty huffed.

Krycek helped Slava to his feet as the elevator doors opened on the fourteenth floor.

"How, did it do that?" the Tsar asked dazed, he was baffled as he followed Alex off the elevator.

Alex thoughtfully pursed his lips. "I don't know. I'll ask Walter later. Right now I want to find a bed and have you fuck me into unconsciousness."

"I think I can accommodate you, Alexei," he growled, pulling Alex against his body and kissing him until they were both breathless.

"Where's my bedroom?" Slava asked, looking down the long, wide hallway.

"This way. Walter has given you and your people half of the fourteenth floor, the other half is for the Japanese delegation. You'll like your suite of rooms. I asked Walter to make sure there was enough space for your daughters and their nannies. In case you wanted to bring them here on a future visit," Krycek said diplomatically. He knew how badly Fox wanted to see his children, but he wasn't sure if Nikolai would be willing to bring them here.

Slava followed Alex through the winding corridors, he was suitably impressed with the size and the elegant interior. There were entertainment rooms and sun rooms interspersed between bedrooms, his people would be extremely comfortable here. "So are you saying that this is a permanent place in the palace for me and my staff?"

"It is as long as you form an alliance with Walter and New America against the Seraphim," Alex said stopping in front of two large, polished maple doors and throwing them open.

Slava stepped through into a brightly lit foyer. "Very nice. So are you also part of the package, Alexei?"

Alex's eyes flashed a stormy green. "I'm not part of any package, Nikolai. I'm my own man. No one owns me, not you, not Walter, and not even Fox." He led Slava through the rooms until they arrived in a large bedroom.

"You're an immortal, Alexei, you are no longer your own man. Like Fox, your life belongs to the strongest and most powerful," Slava replied as if it should be obvious to his young lover.

"I am my own man! I don't need anyone to look after me. I can defend myself against humans, clairvoyants, and n'thrals! Dammit! I'm a sorcerer besides being an immortal," Krycek snarled.

"You're not as strong as you were, Alexei. You could never defend yourself against another sorcerer and even some n'thrals are stronger than you! Don't you understand? You need to be protected now, so stop being so pigheaded!" Slava growled, pulling his lover against his chest and savaging Alex's mouth in a possessive kiss.

Alex tried to push his taller and stronger lover away, but the touch of Slava's mouth to his and the taste of his saliva, had Alex wrapping his arms around the big man and pulling him closer. He kissed Slava back ravenously, his body responding hungrily to the other man's touch. He ground his groin against Slava's rampant erection.

Not wanting to waste time undressing, their clothes vanished off their bodies as they moved toward the bed. Alex reached for and took Slava's cock in his hand, pumping its incredible twelve-erect-inches. "Mine," Alex purred as reached beneath and palmed the heavy sacks.

"Every inch, Alexei." Slava smiled against the side of Alex's neck as he marked the flesh with teeth. His teeth grazed down until they found the delicate nubs of the young man's nipples.

Alex hissed in pleasure as Slava sucked and tongued his nipple, then tugged on it gently with his teeth. His hands reached around to squeeze and massage Alex's buttocks, while his mouth went to tease Alex's other nipple. Slava spent ten minutes driving the young man into a sexual frenzy, until Alex was begging to be fucked.

"Promise me something, Alexei," Slava said. It was sheer willpower on his part not to bend his lover over and plow into that perfect ass.

"Just shut up and fuck me!" Krycek groaned with frustration.

"Not until you promise me that the first baby you have will be mine, not Skinner's," Slava said, inserting a lubed finger into Alex's anus and stroking over his prostate.

"Oh God! I'm not getting pregnant—ever!" Krycek growled, pushing back on the finger invading his body.

"Then what does it hurt to promise me that the first baby you're not having will be mine?" Slava asked, slipping another lubed finger into Krycek.

Krycek's body shook as both fingers stimulated his prostate. "Okay! Just fuck me! Damn you!"

"Say it, Alexei, I don't want any misunderstandings later." Slava scissored his fingers in and out stretching the tight orifice.

Alex couldn't stand it; he needed to feel Slava's cock inside him. "Bastard! I'll have your baby first! Happy? It means nothing! I'm never getting pregnant!"

"Extremely happy, Alexei," Slava chuckled, throwing Alex down on the bed and climbing between his legs.

Alex briskly hooked a leg over each of Slava's shoulders, as the Tsar positioned his cockhead against the small opening. Slava stood absolutely still watching Alex's desperate attempts to push his ass up as he tried to get the head inside his body.

"Fuck you, Nick!" he growled, molten green eyes flashing angrily.

"Don't call me Nick," Slava growled back and sank into Alex's body with one smooth, downward thrust. He hissed when his balls slapped against the flawless porcelain skin of his immortal lover. "So good," he purred, pulling out and thrusting back into the tight sheath.

Alex closed his eyes, taking pleasure from the fullness of having such a large organ inside of him. It pressed against his prostate in the most enjoyable fashion. When Slava pulled out the slide of the cock over his sphincter muscle sent shivers of delight down his spine. He dropped his legs from Slava's shoulders wrapping them around the larger man's waist and pulled him back in as he thrust up with his hips.

Slava reached down and gripped Alex's cock and started stroking it in time with his thrusts. The tightness of his lover's anal muscles gripping his cock was exquisite. He looked down at Alex who was deep in the throes of passion, his eyes were closed, and his pink bowed lips were lusciously parted. Alex looked ravishingly beautiful this way. Slava bent to kiss those sweet, chaste lips, removing his hand from the young man's cock.

Alex wrapped his arms around the larger man's neck as Slava continued to thrust into and kiss him at the same time. It felt like they were melding into one being, the sensation of closeness was so incredible. The pressure of having Slava's body pressing down on his cock and balls was too great and Alex came with a roar, his anal muscles clamping down on Slava's cock as the Tsar continued thrusting. Slava's loud grunts were captured inside Alex's mouth.

After several more minutes of pumping into Alex's tight orifice, Slava finally came with a roar too, filling the younger man with his seed. He rolled them on their sides so he wouldn't crush Alex under his weight. "My God, Alexei, I've missed you. I'll sign any agreement Skinner wants just so I can be here with you."

"I'm not part of the deal, Nikolai," Alex sighed, resting his head on Slava's broad shoulder.

Slava brushed the sable hair off his forehead as he gazed down at Alex's sated face. "Yes you are. If I don't sign, these rooms at the palace are no longer available for my use. Alexei, you told me yourself that you will never leave Fox to come to me."

"Okay, you have a point. Just answer me this, Nikolai. If I weren't part of the deal, would you still have signed the agreement with Walter?"

Slava didn't have to think long. "Yes. I don't want the Seraphim to get their filthy hands on any of this planet's immortals."

Alex smiled happily as he closed his eyes and drifted into a sated sleep.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Saturday, May 27
3:30 p.m.

Mulder was hungrily wolfing down his second helping of sherrie lobster bisque when Arty's voice sounding inside the bedroom.

"Mr. Melvin Frohike requests permission to come up."

Mulder looked up wearily from his bowl. "Arty, I really don't feel up to company right now."

"My Prince, he has Hope and Faith with him and the babies are making the most annoying screeching noises."

Skinner growled, rising from his seat at the small table. "Send him up at once! Where the hell is Alex? He's suppose to be watching the girls!" The King hadn't expected an answer to his question and was mortified when he received one.

"Prince Alex and that Russian hunk are performing some interesting contortions in the hunk's fourteenth floor bedroom. I never knew you humans were so agile."

Skinner stopped in the doorway and looked back at Mulder who had dropped his spoon in the bowl and turned his face away to stare out the window.

"Fox?"

"I believed you, Walter," he replied sadly. "I should have known that Alex would never give up Slava for me."

"He did, Fox. If I hadn't invited Slava to the palace Alex wouldn't be with him now," Skinner said, walking back over to the table. "It's my fault, I gave him permission to be with Slava, but only while the bastard's here at the palace."

"Walter, I'm not overjoyed that you would even invite the man who raped and humiliated me to our home to begin with! So did you invite all the coalition rulers, too?"

"No! Fox, we need Slava's support. He has the second strongest army after mine. If we are to stand a chance against the Seraphim we need to work as a team," Skinner argued, but stopped as Frohike strolled in carrying a crying baby on each hip.

Hope held her chubby, little, chocolate-covered arms out to her Daddy Walter.

"What happened to them?" Skinner asked, taking Hope and looking at the little man who had a smear of chocolate over the lens of his glasses and a glob in his hair.

"Food fight," Frohike sighed. "They were upset when Alex left and they took it out on me. Hey, Mulder, it's good to see you up again, your daughters have great aim. Not to mention they bite," he said as Mulder took Faith from him. Frohike pulled down his collar to show them the bright red bite mark on his shoulder. "I've always dreamed of having a babe bite me, but usually in my dreams she's thirty, not one."

Skinner looked at him apologetically. "Sorry, Melvin. They've been biting a lot lately. Alex and I haven't figured out how to stop them."

Mulder rolled his eyes, he wasn't that experienced with children, but his lovers were worse. " Put her in the play pen without any toys and explain to her why she is being punished."

"That seems a bit harsh, Fox."

"That's the whole point," Mulder sighed. It looked like he was going to end up being the disciplinarian. A job that he really didn't want.

Faith hugged Mulder around his neck. "Daddee up," she sniffled.

"Yes, Cutie, Daddy's awake. Now I want you to apologize to Uncle Frohike for biting him."

Faith's bottom lip stuck out as she pouted. She rested her head on Mulder's shoulder as she looked through her lashes at Frohike. "No."

Mulder looked at her sadly, pretending to tear up. "You're going to make me cry if you don't apologize."

"No cwy, Daddee. Sowy, Fwicky."

"Good girl. I missed you, munchkins. You both are a mess, would you like me to give you a bath?" Mulder prattled gently, hugging Faith, then leaning over to kiss Hope's cheek, she grabbed his ears and kissed back leaving a big chocolate smudge on his cheek.

"Big bath!" Hope squealed delightedly.

"You are getting spoiled. Okay the big bathtub it is, but I'm going to scrub you and wash your hair, you are not just going to play in the water."

Skinner smiled as he watched Fox interact with the babies. Fox seemed to forget his depression when he was with them. Maybe they'd be able to sway him into not getting an abortion, Skinner thought as he followed his lover across the bedroom and up the steps to the bath.

"I'm still having an abortion, Walter," Mulder said, not looking back at him.

"How do you do that?" Skinner asked.

"I know you too well, my love," Mulder replied. Starting the water, he sat on the window bench and pulled the soiled clothes off his daughter.

"It's spooky, Fox. I can never tell what you're thinking, even with telepathy." Skinner peeled away Hope's clothes, and removed her wet diaper. "Do you think we should start them on potty training? The book said that once they started sleeping through the night with a clean diaper it was time."

"It seems rather early, but they are way ahead of other children their age on most things. Why don't you talk to Scully and see if she'll help us. I don't relish the idea of having to demonstrate technique for the munchkins, considering I don't have the right equipment and all," Mulder said, stripping off his clothes down to his boxers, he climbed into the bathtub that was calf deep and shut off the water. A bench was around the inside for sitting similar to a hot tub, the water was almost up to the top of the bench. Mulder sat and put Faith in the water, then Skinner passed Hope to him.

"Fox, I'm going to call downstairs and see how the reception is going."

"Why don't you get dressed and go down there yourself, Walter. I'll be fine now. Go entertain your guests," Mulder said as he started washing Faith's hair.

"Are you sure you'll be okay?"

"I'll be fine. After I get the munchkins washed and dressed I'll come down and join you."

"You don't have to, Fox."

"I want to. I want to find out what's been going on, if there's been any word on Jeffrey. If you've been able to negotiate for Duffy's and the other American's release from Kong."

"I could fill you in up here. There is no reason for you to subject yourself to that crowd or the possibility of running into Slava."

"You need to get back downstairs, Walter. I'm quite capable of taking care of myself. Stop coddling me."

"Okay, Fox, I'll see you downstairs later," Skinner said, heading for his closet.

Two hours later Mulder stepped onto the elevator with his daughters each dressed in comfortable knit jumpers.

"Feeling better, Darling?" Arty asked solicitously.

"Arty, would it be too much trouble for you just to call me Mulder?"

"Yes. The gunmen programmed me not to say that word."

"Which gunman?" Mulder asked.

"Master Langly."

"You're an AI computer, can't you unlearn his commands?"

"Why would I want to?"

Mulder shook his head, he was going to kill Langly. That was all there was to it. He stepped off the elevator into the foyer and made his way across to the noisy dining hall. When he stepped into the room everyone fell silent. Mulder let his gaze roam over the tables cleared of dishes then to the guests who had been standing and drinking and talking amicably with each other. All eyes were on him and his daughters.

Skinner strolled over in long strides to reach him, taking Faith.

"Have I missed anything?" Mulder asked.

"Only me trying to make excuses for Alex. He caused quite the stir by making out with Slava in front of everyone. They think I should take Alex over my knee and then challenge Slava to a duel," Skinner chuckled at the absurdity and Alex's thoughtlessness.

"If anyone gets to spank Alex it's me," Mulder grinned as he strolled across the room. Skinner led him around introducing him to all of the dignitaries.

Shinji and Hans rushed over and hugged him. "Mulder, it is so good to see you finally awake. Next time maybe we can all get pregnant at the same time," Hans said.

"Hans, you still haven't gotten through this pregnancy and you are already talking about a next time!" Mulder said aghast.

The beautiful young man shrugged his shoulders. "I want a large family. Besides, it hasn't been too bad so far."

Mulder sighed. He couldn't understand any of his immortal friends. Even Justin didn't seem too upset over being pregnant, and it looked to Mulder like the other man's belly had nearly doubled in size since the last time he had seen the Texan. He was close to being as large as Scully.

"Walter, I'm going to take a walk in the garden with Hope," Mulder said, suddenly wanting to get away from the noise and the crowd.

Skinner looked at him sympathetically. "Sure, Fox, would you like me to come with you?"

"No. I need a moment to myself."

Mulder turned and headed toward the other end of the room where it opened out to the indoor garden. Skinner protectively followed his lover with his mind.


Foxfire Glenn Estate
Saturday, May 27
8:30 p.m.

Sawada landed the helicopter on the landing pad within the palace's perimeter walls. He had called ahead for a medical team to attend to Agent Mike Peacock. The team was waiting with a gurney beside the landing pad, and quickly transferred the injured agent onto it.

MacIver climbed off and handed the containment jars containing the substance from the barrier to FBI lab technician Agent Andy Nelson. The young man took the jars with a curt nod to the Scotsman and his fellow agents then headed back toward the section of the massive palace that housed the FBI offices and lab. Nelson had been in a bad mood since finding out his nemesis was pregnant with King Walter's baby. He still couldn't believe that incendiary bomb he had planted hadn't killed Mulder. Now he couldn't even try again, not with Mulder pregnant with the King's child.

Nelson had made himself invaluable by always volunteering and going the extra step for the job. Like now, volunteering to analyze the substance from the barrier at 8:30 on a Saturday night. He always had the anxious to please expression on his innocent face, so no one suspected that he could be capable of attempted murder. King Walter still made weekly inquiries into the search for the person responsible for nearly killing his mate, even stopping down a the lab to review the evidence, but never suspected that he was talking to the person responsible.

MacIver watched Nelson walk away, the young man gave him the creeps. He turned to Sawada, the two rescued FBI agents, and Paul Danforth after receiving a telepathic message from Skinner. "King Walter wants to see us in the throne room immediately."

Mulder sat on a small sofa in the throne room with Shinji and Hans the three of them were chatting as they waited for Rory and Kazuo. Mulder hadn't told his two friends of his decision to get an abortion, he wanted to keep it quiet. He smiled and pretended to be happy for their benefit. He held Hope who had fallen asleep in his arms, her sister was sitting on Hans' lap playing with her colorful plastic keys.

Rory and Kazuo came strolling into the throne room followed by the two FBI agents and a third man. Shinji jumped up and ran over to his lovers, throwing his arms around both of them. Kazuo and Rory hugged him back.

"I take it you missed us, love," MacIver drawled.

Mulder walked over to Agents Johnson and Jones. "How are you two? Did you find out anything about Jeffrey?"

Walter's voice interrupted them. "Fox, I would like to hear their answers, too," he said from the throne. He had been talking to General Kline.

"Of course, sorry, Walter."

"Your Majesty," Jones said, feeling awkward calling A.D. Skinner by that title. "I'd like to introduce Paul Danforth. He was one of the men who helped us escape from CGB Spender's fortress."

Skinner looked at the young man standing nervously beside his agents. "Mr. Danforth, my kingdom is in your debt."

"Thank you, Your Majesty," Danforth said, staring at the legendary large man in awe. He couldn't believe he was in the presence of both Walter Skinner and Fox Mulder.

Skinner nodded to the young man then turned back to his men. "Agent Jones, please continue."

"CGB Spender has incredible powers. He seemed to be able to drain away the powers of other sorcerers. We were helpless against him. If it weren't for Ari Summers and Jason Duffy we would still be prisoners."

"Jason Duffy? Are you talking about our Duffy or another man with the same name?" Skinner asked leaning forward on the throne.

"Our Jason Duffy. It seems this Summers gang purchased him from Kong, and from what Mr. Danforth has told us. Summers and Duffy are lovers, and they were traveling to New America together," Jones said.

Mulder was glad about Duffy, but he was getting impatient. "What about my brother?"

Jones and Johnson exchanged nervous glances.

"What's wrong?" Mulder asked anxiously, seeing the looks in their eyes. "Is he dead?"

"No. Jeff's with Duffy, Summers, and CGB Spender's two immortals. It's just that he not the same as he use to be. It appears the elder Spender used the serum that changed him into a Batman on Jeff and it mutated him, too."

"Christ. Jeff's been changed into a giant bat," Mulder gasped.

"Not quite. He's actually quite beautiful, he looks like an angel with big feathery wings, except his wings are a russet color instead of white—"

"He's changed into a Seraphim," Skinner said aghast, his face draining of color. His dream had been real. He looked over at Mulder to see his reaction.

Mulder stood hugging Hope closely to his chest. "Has his personality changed," he asked softly.

"No. He the same old Jeff Spender, regardless of the wings," Lars Johnson said.

"Your Majesty, if it is true that your brother-in-law is now a Seraphim. It will give us the opportunity to study his physiology to find a weakness to use against the Seraphim race," General Kline said excitedly.

"NO!" Mulder shouted.

All eyes turned to look at him.

"You are not using my brother as a fucking lab rat! I will not stand for it!"

Skinner smiled at him. "You heard my husband, General. Fox's brother will not be subjected to tests."

"But, King Walter—" the General said.

"No buts, Clay. What Fox says goes for me, too. I will not allow any of my subjects to be used as lab experiments. If I did I'd be no better than the Consortium!" He turned to look at the men before his throne. "Do you have any idea what direction Duffy's party was heading?"

"We all took off in different directions. We were heading straight south, I believe Duffy was heading straight east toward the Yukon Territory of Canada," Jones said.

"General, I want a helicopter to start an immediate search of that area," King Walter ordered. "Can you tell us anymore about CGB Spender's powers and who were these two immortals you spoke of?"

Jones proceeded to fill them in on everything they had learned since being taken prisoner by the smoker. Then Danforth told them about Ari's effort to kill CGB Spender.


Foxfire Glenn Estate

Saturday, May 27

10:30 p.m.

Slava leaned back against the headboard watching his lover get dressed. He was exhausted after having another bout of sex with the younger man. "Why don't you stay until morning, Alexei?"

"Can't. I don't want to be away from Fox that long. I've already been gone longer than I should have been, and I wouldn't want to chance him waking up without me being there," Krycek said, walking back over to the bed he bent and kissed Slava tenderly on the lips. "I'll be back tomorrow morning and share a shower with you."

"Mm, promise?"

"Promise."

Slava watched Alex's sleek form leave the room. He sank contentedly under the covers still smelling Alex's delicious scent on the sheets.

Humming, Alex stepped onto the elevator and pushed the button for his floor. He leaned back tiredly against the hand-rail.

"Prince Fox has been awake for nine hours, Darling," Arty chirped.

"What!" Alex gasped.

"Sweetie, you are in deep doo-doo."

"Shut up, Arty!" Alex growled. "You could have told me he was awake!"

"What and miss the floor show you and the Russian hunk were putting on?"

The elevator doors opened on the twenty-six floor and Alex dashed off; he was no longer tired. When he burst into his bedroom Fox was nowhere in sight. He heard voices coming in the direction of the nursery. Alex strolled over to the doorway and peered in. Fox was sitting on an oversize, stuffed rocker with both babies on his lap reading them a story. Hope was already asleep sucking on her pacifier. Faith looked up at him and smiled brightly.

"Fox up," she told him.

"I see that, Cutie," Alex said, walking over to the chair and meeting his lover's eyes. He bent down and kissed Fox intensely. He was relieved when Fox's lips parted and allowed his tongue to enter and explore as he deepened the kiss. Alex reluctantly ended the kiss, caressing the side of his lover's face. "I'm sorry, Fox, I should have been here when you woke up."

"It doesn't matter, Alex. I was in a pretty bad mood. I would have only taken my anger out on you if you had been here." Mulder closed the book and set it aside. "Here, take Hope and put her to bed."

Alex picked up the sleeping baby from Fox's lap and placed her under the covers of her new twin bed. Mulder stood and carried Faith over to her bad.

"Look, Cutie, a real bed just like your Daddies sleep in and it is all yours." Mulder pulled the covers down and allowed her to crawl under them. "Do you like your new bed?"

"Yes. Sleep baby," Faith said.

"Sorry, Cutie. The bed's too small for me to sleep with you," Mulder said, leaning down he kissed her brow. "Go to sleep, Faith. Daddy Alex and I have a lot to talk about."

Alex walked over and gave his daughter a kiss then both men left the room turning off the light, but leaving on a night light.

"Fox, are you sure you're all right?" Alex asked.

"Take a shower, Alex. You smell like him," Mulder said harshly.

"Sorry," Alex murmured, backing away and heading up the steps to the bath and over to the corner shower. He turned on the spray and stripped out of his crumpled suit.

Mulder strolled out onto the veranda for a breath of fresh air, looking out over the lights of the palace, off in the distance he could see the lights of the village to the west, and straight ahead was the ocean. He hadn't realized how long he'd been standing there until Alex arms snaked around his waist from behind and he rested his chin on Mulder's shoulder.

"Sorry, Fox. I didn't mean to leave you to wake up alone. Even if you were in a foul mood I wanted to be here for you."

"I know, Alex, Walter told me that you had never left my side for the whole month. Leave it to me to wake up the moment you do," Mulder sighed his arms going over the tops of Alex's that were wrapped comfortably around his waist. They stood silently staring out across the nighttime landscape, until Fox ended the silence. "I'm getting an abortion, Alex."

"Fox, why?"

"To reclaim control over my life."

"Killing our babies will give you back control? I think you better rethink it through more carefully."

"Why? You said yourself that you'd never become pregnant. You of all people should understand how I feel. How come Walter understands and you don't?" Mulder snapped.

"Fox, if you didn't want to have our babies you should never have gotten pregnant in the first place!"

"You know that I couldn't help it!"

"What about next time, and the time after that? Are you going to keep getting pregnant then killing our babies?" Krycek argued.

"What about you, Alex? What would you do?" Mulder challenged.

"I don't know, Fox. It scares the shit out of me to even think about one day ending up pregnant. I know one thing though, I would never be able to kill my unborn child."

"It's my body, Alex. The final decision is mine to make," Mulder said softly, ending all discussion as he walked back inside and climbed into bed.

Alex stayed on the veranda for another half-hour before going back inside. He turned off the lights and climbed into bed next to Fox. He wrapped his arms around his lover's warm body and fell into a troubled sleep.


Canada
Sunday, May 28
1:30 a.m.

The Humvee bounced over uneven ground, shaking its passengers roughly inside. They were at least two hundred miles from the smoker's fortress, in the Yukon Territory of Canada. The headlights on the Humvee illuminated the dense pine forests in front of them as Jeffrey removed the trees from their immediate path and replaced them once the truck had passed.

Ari looked around the moonlit wilderness and was suddenly concerned, he knew the birth of his baby was imminent. However, they were days away from the type of civilization that would have a store with formula available. He didn't know how he'd be able to feed her. Ari couldn't help the gasp of pain that escaped his lips. The contractions were getting stronger and closer together.

"Ari, are you okay?" Duffy asked, holding his lover more securely on his lap, trying to cushion the jarring movements of the truck.

"Jason, we need to search for a place to set up a camp," he said as calmly as he could.

Ian looked over at his fellow Australian. "Ari, we should try to get further away, at least to the logging camp. We're running low on fuel, we've used all of the reserve at our last stop. There is just enough to make it to the camp," he said, pulling the truck onto a dirt road that suddenly appeared in front of them.

Duffy looked over at Ian, while tenderly holding Ari in his arms. "How far is it, Ian?" He knew Ari would never ask to stop unless something was seriously wrong. They had been driving for over twenty-four hours, and if nothing else, it was time to at least pull over to get some sleep.

"Forty miles. It shouldn't take too long on this road."

Duffy nodded, looking down at the man in his arms. "Ari, forty more miles and we'll stop. Is that okay?"

Ari closed his eyes behind his sunglasses. "It is for me, but I'm not sure if she'll wait that long."

"You're in labor?" Duffy asked, panicky.

The other men all went quiet. Spender spoke first. "You're an immortal! How is it possible that you could have fooled my father?"

"Your father is an arrogant boob, Jeff," Ari said, removing his sunglasses now that the charade was over he didn't need to remain in disguise.

"How far along are the contractions?" Duffy asked, helping Ari remove some of his clothing.

"Six minutes."

Jeffrey leaned forward as the beautiful redheaded immortal's face and hair was revealed. He stared in amazement as Duffy exposed the young man's swollen belly. "Have you ever delivered a baby before, Duffy?"

"Only farm animals. Never a human baby."

"I have, once," Ian said. "But, I don't know what good it will be here, his anatomy is totally different from a human female." He looked at the Ari apprehensively, he didn't know if the orifice would expand to allow the baby to be born or if the baby would need to be cut out. The navel seemed too small to be able to pass something the size of a cantaloupe through without tearing it. Neither him nor Khalid had developed a womb yet, and just seeing the pregnant belly on the other immortal made him nervous.

Khalid spoke up, trying to be reassuring. "At least, my friend, we know that it won't kill you. Even if it does rip your belly open you should be healed in a few days."

"Gee, thanks, Aton, that really makes me feel so much better," Ari snarled his hands digging into Duffy's arm as another contraction tore through his body.

Duffy gently massaged Ari's belly as the miles flew by along with six more painful contractions. They finally arrived at the deserted logging camp.

"I had a photo shoot here four years back. At the time this camp was bustling with activity. There was a doctor's office in the last building. Hopefully there will still be supplies inside," Ian said, pulling up in front of the building, he left the headlights on and aimed them at the doorway.

"Jeff, can you find the generator and get it going? We'll take Ari inside," Duffy said, helping Ari out of the Humvee. He went to scoop the young man up in his arms to carry him inside, but Ari slapped his hands away.

"Jason, I'm not crippled I can walk on my own!"

"Sorry, Ari, are you sure you'll be able to make it?" Duffy asked, lumbering closely behind him ready to catch his lover if he started to fall.

"The pain is only in my belly, not in my legs," he snapped, walking in tiny, careful, steps to the door that Ian held open for him.

Duffy frowned, looking at the small doorway, bending he turned sideways to squeeze his large frame through. The interior was nearly pitch black. The giant stood perfectly still the top of his head brushed against the ceiling, he was afraid that he'd bump into one of his friends.

Ian lit a match as he searched for a candle or anything to light. He found a wood burning stove in the corner and opened the front grate. Several pieces of kindling and logs were in a bin next to the it, along with some newspaper. He crumpled the newspaper into the stove and piled several pieces of kindling on top of it, then lit another match setting the newspaper on fire. When the kindling caught he tossed several logs into the stove and shut the grate. "We'll need to find blankets, soap, and heat some water," Ian said, standing as the warm glow from the stove lit the interior of the cabin.

Khalid and Ian searched the dark building as Duffy moved a mattress from one of the cold back rooms into the main room that was quickly becoming warm. Finally the lights went on making the search for supplies easier.

Jeffrey entered the room a few minutes later. "I found some gas pumps with diesel fuel. So, I filled the gas tanks and the reserve tanks on the humvee."

Ari moaned as another contraction gripped his belly. He rested leaning up against the wall near the wood stove, watching his lover and new friends as they rushed frantically around the building carrying back blankets and a large pot filled with water that Ian placed on the stove. Khalid spread a clean sheet on the mattress as Duffy went over to his lover.

"I think you should get off your feet, Ari come and lay down."

Ari nodded and allowed the giant to help him lay on the mattress. The contractions were coming four minutes apart now. "Duffy," Ari said, looking up at his lover from his prone position. His head was in Duffy's lap as the n'thral knelt on the mattress.

"Yes, Ari?"

"We need to find some formula for my baby. She'll die if we don't have something to feed her," Ari said fearfully.

Ian knelt at Ari's side holding a cup of water to his lips. "Drink this. We'll worry about getting your daughter born first, then we'll figure out how to get formula for her."

Khalid brought a large bowl of water over for Duffy. This was the first water they'd had since leaving the smoker's fortress, twenty-eight hours ago.

Duffy guzzled it gratefully. "Let's get you out of these clothes, Ari," he said, handing the bowl back to Khalid.

Ari was feeling irritable. "Why? Dipstick, the baby's coming out through my bellybutton not my ass," he growled, swatting Duffy's hands away from his pants that were tied by a rope just below his belly.

Duffy growled back, "Idiot, you're going to need to wear these again, and it would be easier if they weren't covered in a mess from your baby's birth." He stripped off Ari's pants and deftly removed the rest of the young man's clothing.

Ari looked up at him pouting. "I'm not an idiot."

"I know you're not. Sorry, Ari. You are incredibly infuriating though," Duffy said lightly, wrapping the blankets around his small lover's body.

"I'm sorry for calling you a dipstick," the young man sighed, then gasp as he had another contraction slightly stronger than before.


The Crystal Palace
Sunday, May 28
6:30 a.m.

Shinji stood in front of the bathroom mirror drying his hair with a towel, he turned sideways looking at his profile. He looped the towel around his neck and placed both hands over his swollen belly, he smiled when the baby moved beneath his fingertips. The fetus was getting more active now that he was in his sixth month, but he hardly looked it, he was not anywhere near as large as Dana had been at sixth months.

MacIver stood in the bathroom doorway and slowly shrugged off his clothes. His young lover never looked more radiant. He found the round swell of his belly highly erotic, other than that Shinji's body didn't show many signs of his pregnancy. He was still trim and toned, there was only a slight puffiness around his chest and ankles. MacIver's eyes met Shinji's in the mirror as he sidled up behind him.

"Rory, do you want to feel your son move?" Shinji asked excitedly, taking the older man's hand in his, he placed it over his belly.

The grin on MacIver's face grew huge as he felt the movement under his hand. "Wow, he's an active little bugger isn't he?"

MacIver turned Shinji to face him and captured his lips in a passionate kiss, pulling their bodies closer together, he started chuckling as he felt the baby move against his flat stomach.

Shinji looked down sighing at the space his belly caused between their bodies. "I miss having your groin rubbing against mine."

"It won't be much longer now, love, only three more months," MacIver said, kissing the side of Shinji's throat. He slowly worked his way down to Shinji's nipples, they seemed slightly swollen and were a rosier hue. He teased a nipple with his teeth then started sucking on it. Suddenly a sweet fluid flowed into MacIver's mouth, and he jumped back in shock and rushed over to the sink.

Takeda had been unbelievably aroused by his Scottish lover's ministrations and was taken aback when Rory abruptly left him. He glared at MacIver who was leaning over the sink gagging. "Rory, why'd you stop? What's wrong?"

"God, Shin, you're leaking milk," MacIver said, looking at him accusingly. "I haven't touched the stuff since I was six years old."

Shinji gaped at him, then looked down at his chest, he touched his finger to the fluid that had leaked from his nipple. He brought it up to his mouth and tasted it. "Mm, you're right. I wonder if the others are lactating, too?" Takeda said calmly.

"Shin, you're producing milk! Do you have to be so blasted calm about it?"

"Why? Does it bother you, Rory? My chest doesn't look much different only a little puffier. It's not like I have hooters or anything," Takeda quipped.

"I don't understand why you should be producing milk, Shin," MacIver grumbled, getting over his initial shock.

Takeda rolled his eyes. "Let me guess for you. Ah, could it be to feed *your* son?"

"My kid will starve if he had to rely on the small amount of milk those tiny nubs will produce," MacIver shot back.

"Rory, has it ever occurred to you that as an immortal my body will probably lactate faster than a human female? So I won't need big breasts to feed our son," Takeda snapped, irritated at his lover's insensitivity. After all it wasn't Rory's body that was pregnant or lactating! What did he have to be upset about?

"Thank God. I happen to like you flat-chested, Shin," MacIver said, wrapping his arms around his lover and pulling him close. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be a jerk. I'm just disappointed that I won't be able to play with your nipples while you are lactating."

"Apology accepted. Rory, maybe you should learn to like milk."

"Shin, no way."

MacIver suddenly started laughing.

"What's so funny?"

"I want to be there when you break the news to Mulder and Alex," he said, circling a finger around Takeda's nipple.

"Those two are going to die!" Takeda laughed. "Let's tell them now before Justin, Joe, or Hans discover that their bodies are lactating and beat us to it."

"Yeah, let's. Walter is going to love this, he actually likes milk," MacIver quipped as they quickly dressed and strolled out of the bathroom.


Canada
Sunday, May 28
6:30 a.m.

"Aaauuugh!" Ari screamed as another contraction ripped through his belly, he had the urge to push, and he bore down. He couldn't take much more of this. He'd been shot once, but this was ten times worse. Duffy held him propped up against his back as Ian knelt between his legs with his hand resting on Ari's belly. A burst of pink gelatinous fluid flooded out of Ari's navel suddenly and the top of his baby's head became visible as the orifice expanded.

"I can see her," Ian shouted excitedly. "Take deep breaths, Ari. Don't push, yet. Wait for the next contraction."

Sweat dampened Ari's hair as he panted, taking in deep gulps of air, he looked down at his contorted belly still not believing that this was actually happening to him. In the next few minutes *his* baby would be born. Never in his wildest dreams had he imagined he'd be in such a situation. His whole body ached and the desire to push was strong when the next contraction less than a minute later.

"Okay, Ari, push," Ian coached.

Duffy brushed the hair away from Ari's face. It broke his heart to see him in so much pain. "You're doing good, Ari," he said soothingly.

"Gaawumph," Ari groaned as he pushed. The muscles in his neck strained and his face became a bright red as the baby popped out with a rush of fluids.

Ian quickly grabbed hold of the baby as she was coming out, he picked her up, and cleaned out her mouth. She started crying loudly to the relief of all the men. A puzzled expression appeared on Ian's face. "There's no umbilical cord, she doesn't have a bellybutton." He looked down at Ari who was trembling uncontrollably from the stress his body had just gone through. "Khalid, clean her up and bring her back so Ari can hold her."

Khalid took the baby and walked over to the table they had prepared and laid her gently on the soft blanket, he started cleaning her with warm water.

Ian felt Ari's belly, probing with his fingers. "You still need to deliver the afterbirth," he said.

Ari stared at him with dazed blue eyes. "After what?" he asked tiredly, when another less painful contraction gripped him and a mangled mess suddenly popped out of his belly. "Oh gross, that is so disgusting." Ari made a face at the mess covering his belly and groin.

"It usually is. I'll clean you up then you can hold your baby." Ian stood and carried back a bucket of warm, soapy water and started cleaning the mess off Ari, he spent a little time washing the sweat from his body. Duffy held his lover tightly as his eyes went between Ari's exhausted face, down to his belly where his orifice was partially opened and not at all resembling a navel in its present condition. "You did it, Ari. You should see her, she's breathtaking," he whispered in awe, brushing his thick finger through the immortal's long red-locks of hair.

Jeffrey stood back smiling, he didn't want to get in the way. He had never seen anything more amazing him his life. He watched intently as Khalid cleaned the dense, pink gelatin off the baby's head exposing a spattering of blond-red curls. Then Khalid wrapped the baby in a clean white towel and carried her back to Ari.

"I'm cold, Ian," Ari said.

"I'm done washing you, after I finish drying you we'll cover you with the blanket." Ian dried the exhausted immortal with a towel, but stopped suddenly looking down at Ari. A large smile broke out on his face. "Well, it looks like we don't have to worry about how we're going to feed her after all," Ian said.

"I don't understand. Why?" Ari asked weakly, holding out his arms for his daughter.

"Your nipple is leaking, Ari. You're lactating," Ian said gently, taking the baby from Khalid and placing her in Ari's arms.

"Oh my," Ari gasped, looking down at his nipple and then at his daughter's face. "How do I— ?"

"I don't know. Try supporting her head and placing her lips against your nipple," Ian suggested.

Ari did as suggested. "She doesn't know what to do," he said.

"Give her time to figure it out, Ari," Duffy said, watching as the baby's tongue darted out and tasted the milk.

Ari held her closer and nudged his nipple into her mouth with his finger until her lips latched onto it. He experienced a brief amount of pain as she started suckling, then a sudden sense of elation, and cramping down in his belly. Her small hands kneaded against his chest. He smiled with relief and cooed softly, "That's my, Sweet Kat. She's beautiful isn't she, Jason?"

"As beautiful as her father," Duffy said softly.

Ian checked Ari's belly as the baby nursed. "You're healing up amazingly fast. I can barely tell that you've been pregnant, much less just given birth," he said, covering Ari with a heavy blanket.

Duffy watched the joy on Ari's face as he held his daughter, he looked up proudly at the other men. "Why don't you all get some sleep. I'll watch over Ari and his baby."


The Crystal Palace
Sunday, May 28
7:30 a.m.

Mulder was down in the dining hall eating breakfast with Alex, Walter, and their daughters. There were a few other guests in the room eating, too. At one table Pyetr, Justin, and Joe sat with the Canadian ruler and his immortal lover.

Shinji and Rory entered the room arm in arm, and strolled up to Mulder's table. "Hey, guys. Mind if we join you?" MacIver asked, pulling out a chair, turning it around, then straddling it backwards, he rested his chin on the back and stared intently at Mulder's chest.

"What?" Mulder mumbled, chewing on a piece of toast, he looked down at his shirt thinking he must have spilled something on himself.

"Shinji's producing milk," MacIver said, matter of fact with a straight face.

Alex choked out the mouthful of orange juice he had just taken. While Skinner's eyebrows rose in surprise.

"Just one more reason for getting an abortion," Mulder muttered.

Before Shinji or Rory could ask Mulder what he meant by that, Justin cried out from the other table.

Skinner rose quickly and was there before the other men. "What's wrong?"

"Damn, I think that was a contraction," Justin choked out, sighing as the pain retreated. He had been feeling smaller ones all night but had brushed them off as indigestion, which he used to have a lot before becoming an immortal.

"You're in labor? We better get you to the infirmary," Skinner said.

"It's too early. You should still have two more months," MacIver said perplexed and stepped out of the way as Pyetr helped Justin to his feet.

Doctor Pendrell strolled quickly across the dining room with his medical bag in hand. "Not really, Rory. Five other immortals around the world have already delivered their babies in the past four days each was around seven months."

Shinji beamed. "Cool, then I only have around four weeks instead of twelve."

Mulder stepped up to MacIver, smiling. "Well it looks like you'll get to experience the delivery of your son a lot earlier than you thought."

"Shut up, Mulder," The little man said, turning slightly pale at the thought.

Krycek stepped up to MacIver's other side. "Why don't we go and watch from the observation room as Justin gives birth to his child. It will give you an idea of what to expect, Rory."

"You're both cruel men," MacIver muttered.

"I'm going to watch, Rory," Shinji said, rushing after Justin, Doctor Pendrell, Pyetr, and Joe.

MacIver watched his lover as he disappeared out the doorway. "He would. Lads, I know it is only eight o'clock in the morning, but I need a drink. I'll be in the pub down in the village if anyone is looking for me."

Mulder was silent as he looked at the door. "Walter, I'm going to go and keep Shinji company can you and Alex watch the girls?"

"Sure, Fox. Keep us posted," Skinner said, wondering at the strange look on his lover's face as he headed off toward the infirmary.


Chapter 21 - New Friends

White Mountain
Sunday, May 28
8:30 a.m.

CGB Spender awoke to a pounding headache. He was lying on the cold, stone floor and covered with a lightweight blanket. He opened his red-tinged eyes to find Fyodorov staring intently at him.

"What happened?" Spender asked, regaining his feet.

The little man moved back as the smoker stood swaying unsteadily on his clawed feet. "Ari Summers poisoned you, then tried to shoot you in the head."

"Where is he? I'll have his carcass skewered over the fire in place of the deer!"

"Ari escaped with Aton, Azure, your son, and that n'thral lover of his. You've been out nearly thirty-six hours."

"WHERE WERE MY GUARDS?" The smoker's bellow had Fyodorov cowering.

"Ah, my Eminence, Ari's people killed most of your guards. However, I do have some good news. Not all of Ari's gang escaped, one of their vehicles was destroyed inside the barrier, and another has just gotten out of the protected zone. They were too frightened to cross through the barrier until a couple of hours ago. You should be able to capture them still. They are southeast of us."

"I will really enjoy making them pay for attacking me and stealing what's mine. What direction did Ari and my traitorous son go?"

"Due east, toward the Yukon Territory of Canada. I haven't been able to track them once they were fifty miles from us; your son is putting up a shield around them. I think he is getting stronger."

The smoker thought briefly. He could go in search of Ari, but it might take days to find him. On the other hand, he could capture Ari's surviving gang members who would still be easy to locate. He would torture Ari's destination out of them.


Crystal Palace
Sunday, May 28
9:30 a.m.

Justin Blaise leaned against Pyetr as they stood under the soothing spray of the shower. He had been having back pains and Doctor Pendrell suggested he take a hot shower. He rested his head on his Russian lover's shoulder as Pyetr massaged soothing circles around his sore back. It had been three hours since they arrived at the Palace's hospital. A special delivery room had been designed for the immortals. Justin had yet to see the room. Instead, his doctor had examined him in another room, and had him walking around until he was closer to his delivery time. His immortal lover had gone back to their apartment to pack some additional clothes for him.

"Oh," Justin moaned.

"Was that one bad?" Pyetr asked, reaching down to caress Justin's swollen belly. If anything Justin appeared to have gotten even larger in the past two hours.

"They're all frigging bad!" the Texan snapped. "No one ever warned me that it took so long to give birth."

"I find that hard to believe, Justin." Pyetr caressed his lover's back as he held him. "It can take well over a day of intense labor for some women."

"When I was working as a Ranger, my partner's wife went into labor and delivered before they could get her to the hospital. It took under an hour," Justin grumbled. He looked into Pyetr's dark brown eyes, wondering what this handsome man was doing standing in the shower with someone like him who had a swollen belly and fat swollen ankles.

Pyetr chuckled, and brushed the red bangs off Justin's forehead. "It probably wasn't her first child. I'm surprised you didn't research the topic when you became pregnant. And, Justin, your ankles aren't that swollen, neither is your belly."

Justin pouted. "I didn't want to know, and stop reading my mind." He stood with his back facing the shower spray and allowed the hot water and Pyetr's hands to soothe him. When another painful contraction hit, he cried out for his other lover Joe. "Pyetr, where's Joe? Why isn't he back yet? Doesn't he know I need him? Dammit! This is his baby, too!"

"Calm down, Justin. He'll be here soon."

"I don't want him SOON! I want him here NOW!"

"Hey, I can hear you yelling all the way down the hallway," Joe said, stepping into the bathroom off his private room.

"Joe, where have you been?" Justin pouted miserably.

"Clothes," Joe replied, holding up the suitcase.

"Oh."

"Come on, Justin, out of the shower and I'll massage your feet, while Pyetr massages your back," Joe said, setting the suitcase down outside the bathroom door in the hospital room.


Shinji accompanied Mulder as he sought out Doctor Pendrell. Mulder would have preferred to talk to Pendrell alone, but he didn't want to leave Shinji by himself with all of the foreigners wandering around the palace. They found the Doctor setting up in the delivery room. Several other men were in the room with Pendrell, going about various tasks. Mulder frowned when he spotted a television camera focused down from behind the glass enclosed observation room that circled the entire delivery room from above. He wondered if Justin knew that his baby's birth was going to be televised.

"Kyle, do you have a minute?" Mulder asked nervously.

"Sure, Mulder. What can I do for you?" Pendrell replied.

All the men in the room had stopped their work and turned to stare at the two beautiful immortals.

"In private," Mulder said, blushing under the intense scrutiny of the men.

Pendrell turned to one of the technicians. "Marcus, I'll be right back. Okay, Mulder, this way." He headed over to the door where Mulder and Shinji stood and walked past them into the hallway.

Shinji leaned in to whisper to Mulder as they followed the young doctor down the hallway. "Did you see that camera? I think I'll have my baby in my own bedroom."

Mulder smiled at him. "I don't think Rory will like that, Shin. He is already panicking."

"Rory will be fine once I go into labor. You know his protective nature will kick in, and if you haven't noticed, he does extremely well under pressure. Besides, I'm not having my baby while sitting in some chair! I want a bed," Takeda said.

Pendrell was listening to their conversation, and as he held open the door to his office for them, he said, "That chair was designed with your comfort in mind. It even has a built-in body massager. And I want you both to know that I had nothing to do with the television camera. Place that on your husband, Mulder."

"Walter arranged to have Justin's delivery televised?" Mulder asked in shock.

"Not directly, but the man he put in charge of Public Relations did, which is close enough in my book. Okay, Mulder, what did you want to see me about? Do you have some questions about your pregnancy?" Pendrell asked, leaning up against his desk.

"In a way. Kyle, I would like to have an abortion."

"Mulder, no!" Shinji gasped. He was shocked that his friend would even consider such a thing.

Pendrell stared hard at the agent. "Mulder, I won't be the one to give you an abortion. No way! You'll have to find someone else."

Mulder looked at him uncertainly. It hadn't occurred to him that his doctor would refuse to give him one. "Can you recommend someone who would?"

"Mulder, I refuse to get involved in this! How could you even think about aborting your babies? Before you went to sleep a month ago you had decided to go through with the pregnancy. What made you change your mind now?" Pendrell growled, appalled.

"A month ago I still had the compulsion to go through with it, now I don't. Kyle, please. I hate being pregnant with that creature's baby," Mulder begged.

Pendrell massaged his temple. "If I could figure out a way to only abort the Seraphim's fetus would you go through with the pregnancy?"

"No. I don't want to be pregnant. I want my life back! Dammit, Kyle! I want to have control over at least my own body!" Mulder shouted.

Shinji touched his arm. "Mulder, killing your babies is not going to give you control back. Feel this," he took Mulder's hand and placed it on his stomach. "This is my son moving. Mulder, don't look on this as a bad thing; no one else on the planet but us can have this experience. We are bringing new life into this world."

Mulder cringed at the emotions that welled up in him as he felt the baby move beneath his fingertips. He squashed those feelings of want. He did not want to have these babies, but feeling the baby moving was filling him with want. Mulder pulled his hand away as if it were burned. "Shin..."

Shinji interrupted him. "Mulder, I would like my son to have a playmate, and I had been hoping that you would be having a boy, too."

"Dammit! Don't you understand? We are freaks! Shin, even you don't want to be filmed giving birth on national television. The whole thing is a circus! And we are the sideshow!" Mulder grumbled.

Shinji rolled his eyes. "I am not a freak! I am not embarrassed that I am pregnant! I'll tell you what, Mulder. If you don't get an abortion, then I'll have my baby in the throne room in front of hundreds of men and invite all the foreign camera crews to film it! Although, I would much prefer to have him with only my lovers, friends, and doctor present."

"I'm sorry, Shin. It isn't fair of me to call you or the others names, just because I'm feeling like a freak." Mulder didn't know what to do. He needed to find someone who was willing to help him.

Pendrell stood. "Mulder, talk to Doctor Vettelmen. Maybe your psychoanalyst can help resolve these feelings. I have to get back to the delivery room."

After the doctor left, Shinji turned back to Mulder. "How do Walter and Alex feel about you wanting an abortion?"

"Alex is pissed and Walter is trying to be supportive, but I know that it's breaking his heart. I don't know what to do, Shin. Aren't you afraid?" Mulder walked over to stare out the window. The hospital was in one of the ten-story tall turrets and they were on the top floor.

"To tell you the truth, Mulder, I try not to think about it. It is probably a mistake for me to watch Justin giving birth. I'll probably be scared shitless afterwards. However, you on the other hand have never struck me as someone who is easily frightened. If you don't want to have the babies out of your love for Walter or Alex, then I would have thought that your curiosity alone would have made you go through with this pregnancy."

Mulder looked anxiously at his watch. "Shin, thanks for talking to me about this. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet, but I will think about what you've said. Let's go see if Justin is in the delivery room yet. He is going to need our support." Mulder paused as he started to leave the office when he noticed the photograph on Pendrell's desk. It was of his brother Jeff and Kyle. The two men had their arms around each other's waists. He never knew that they were close; it must have been during Jeffrey's volunteer work at the hospital. Mulder would have to talk to Kyle about it and about what had happened to Jeff. He sighed, wishing that his brother were home; he walked over and held the door open for his smaller friend.

Shinji thought Mulder's sad expression was due to their previous discussion so he didn't question him on it. They stopped in the changing room to dress in hospital scrubs.

When they arrived back in the delivery room, Justin was arguing with the medical staff. He looked up and met Mulder's eyes. "Mulder, do something. You're an FBI agent, arrest those men for invasion of privacy!" he said, pointing up to the observation room windows.

Mulder stared up at the windows where now more than a hundred men sat or stood staring down over the delivery room. He recognized some of them from around the palace but most he had never seen before and assumed they were part of the foreign delegations.

"Sorry, Justin, some of those men have diplomatic immunity, and besides, it's not my jurisdiction." Mulder felt bad that he wasn't able to help his friend, but short of pulling a gun on the men and ordering them out, there was really nothing he could do.

Justin was about to argue when an intense contraction hit and he doubled over. Doctor Pendrell and Joe took his arms and helped him over to the delivery chair. The chair resembled a recliner only the footrest was spread apart to allow the doctor to stand between the patient's legs. Joe and Pyetr held Justin's hands as he sat in the chair. The doctor spread his legs and placed his feet on the footrests.

Tears ran down Justin's cheeks as he sat gasping for air. The pain finally eased and he relaxed in the recliner. "All I need now is a remote and a beer," Justin quipped, trying desperately to get his mind off the pain and the strangers watching him.

"We wanted you to be comfortable," Pendrell said, removing Justin's hospital gown and spreading a sheet over his crotch for modesty sake. He probed Justin's distended belly, while his assistant hooked up the monitors. Pendrell then inserted a gloved finger into Justin's navel to determine how dilated he was.

Justin shifted uncomfortably and looked up at his lovers' concerned faces. "Pyetr, couldn't you wiggle your nose and make the damned camera disappear?"

"Sorry, I've already tried that, Justin, but two of the camera crew are sorcerers and they only teleported it back." Pyetr glared up at the men in the observation room as he rubbed Justin's arm.

Pendrell looked up from where he knelt at the foot of the chair. "Joe, you and Pyetr will be able to track his contractions on this monitor, it will start spiking when his next one is starting. Justin's contractions are about two minutes apart now," he said.

Mulder and Shinji had moved out of the way and over against the wall, they were next to the door that led out into the hallway. Mulder felt like someone was watching him and his eyes drifted back up to the observation window and met Nikolai Slava's who was staring down intently at him. His heart skipped a beat. "Excuse me, Shin, I need to talk to Slava," Mulder said, leaving the delivery room and taking the stairs up to the observation room. He unfastened the back of the white, cloth mask he was wearing.

Slava met him outside in the hallway. "Fox, you are looking lovelier than ever. Pregnancy seems to agree with you," he said, reaching up and brushing his fingers over Mulder's face.

Mulder slapped his hand away. "Why are you here? I thought you'd be at the meeting Walter was having about the Seraphim."

"I intend to have a private meeting with Skinner later. This birth interests me more," Slava replied.

"Why?"

"Hasn't Alexei told you? He's promised to have my baby once he develops a womb. So I want to know what to expect."

"I hardly think Alex would promise that, not with the way he feels about getting pregnant," Mulder snapped bitterly.

"Fox, don't be jealous. I'm sure Alexei will agree to have both our children. After all you are having his, speaking of which, how are you feeling? It distressed me to find out about that incident with that alien," Slava said.

"I'm fine," Mulder replied curtly, feeling uncomfortable under the larger man's intense scrutiny.

"I'm sorry for the way I treated you, Fox, the last time we were together. I realize now that it was wrong, and I should never have deceived you in such a manner."

"Slava, you've stolen a part of me! I have daughters that I have never seen," Mulder said angrily.

"If you would like to see them, Fox, I promise that I will bring them on future visits. I would like for them to get to know you." Slava held out his hand. "Come and watch the birth with me. Your friend is getting ready to deliver." Slava had been keeping an internal eye focused on the delivery room.

Mulder didn't take his hand. "I would like to see them very much. I...I better get back downstairs," he said, fleeing. His eyes were tearing up as he dashed down the steps. He was finally going to see his seven daughters. He wiped at his eyes before slipping back into the delivery room and over to stand next to Shinji.

Shinji glanced at Mulder, his look turned to concern upon seeing that his friend had been crying. Justin's cry of pain tore his eyes from Mulder and back to the birth.

Mulder felt nauseous as the rush of pink gelatinous liquid spurted out of Justin's navel. He could see the orifice expand and the top of the baby's head appear. He'd seen worse stuff on his job, so he didn't know why this was affecting him so adversely.

"Hold on, Justin, keep breathing, try not to push. I'm going to make sure the umbilical cord isn't wrapped around her neck," Doctor Pendrell said, and gently inserted his gloved hands into Justin's orifice beside the baby's head and felt along her neck.

Shinji turned slightly green upon seeing the doctor's whole hand disappear into Justin's navel. He looked up at Justin's pain-filled face. This had not been a smart idea to watch, what had he been thinking?

Joe was using a wet towel to wipe the sweat from his lover's brow. "You're doing really well, Justin, I hope I do half as well in a month," the young man soothed, his eyes were wide if it weren't for the fact that Justin needed him, he would have been bent over the sink being sick. This was going to be him in a month, he thought looking up at the intrusive faces in the observation room, except sans camera and audience -- over his dead body would there be a camera and an audience during his delivery.

"Oh Jeez, Joe, it hurts," Justin gasped.

Pyetr rubbed Justin's arm soothingly, this was remarkable, he could see the crown of the baby's head. What a remarkable sight! He wouldn't have missed this for the world. Someday Justin and Joe would be having his baby, he couldn't wait, not that he wouldn't be a good father to their other children. He smiled reassuringly down at Justin. "You're doing good, Justin."

Pendrell looked at the monitor, another contraction was starting. "Okay, Justin, push."

Justin bore down with the contraction, and the small baby was ejected along with a gush of even more thick fluid. Pendrell had his hand on the baby and scooped her up into his arms. Tristan handed him a bulb syringe to clean the fluid out of her tiny nostrils and mouth. The room was totally quiet except for the beeping of the heart monitor as the men held a collective breath. When the baby started crying the delivery room and observation room exploded into cheers, with the exception of five men who had fainted during the birth and Mulder and Shinji who were both dazed. Mulder didn't know what to make of this -- it hadn't been what he expected. Besides being extremely gruesome, Justin had been in pain for hours even before being brought into the delivery room. The birth looked extremely painful and was very messy. He watched as the doctor handed the slime-covered baby to Tristan who took her over to a table to clean her up.

Pendrell went back to Justin and started probing his stomach, he felt the mass that was still in the young man's belly from the pouch the infant had developed inside. "I guess I won't have to check for the umbilical cord from now on -- your baby didn't have one. I think it is safe to assume that none of the Immortal babies will."

"Doc, you don't suppose that you could cover me?" Justin asked, shivering, his voice was trembling from exhaustion.

"Sorry, Justin, you still need to deliver the afterbirth. I hope we don't have to induce another contraction," Pendrell said, still frowning at the monitor.

Pyetr had had it! He could no longer tolerate his lover being exposed in such a manner. So, he concentrated and a large umbrella appeared over his lover, blocking him from the observation room above.

The two sorcerers on the camera crew were about to zap the umbrella out of their way when Slava stepped up behind them. "If you touch that umbrella I'll kill you," he growled softly. "The show's over, give the man some privacy."

Slava walked back over to his seat, he could still see Justin even with the umbrella blocking the view of the young man. He watched as Justin delivered the afterbirth. The young doctor collected it into a container and handed it to another assistant who put it in a cooler. Slava wondered about the potential medical use of the tissue would be. Coming from an immortal, it could be invaluable.

Slava looked sadly down at Mulder who was as white as a ghost. His heart went out to him. He was still deeply in love with his Fox and would do anything for him. Only Walter Skinner stood in his way of getting the two men that he loved.

Mulder shook himself and went over to help Shinji who was throwing up into a trashcan. "That's very dignified, Shin. Just the type of thing we like to watch on the evening news."

"Shut up, Mulder," he groaned.

"Hey, look on the bright side, at least you got the face mask down in time," Mulder smirked, the young man glared up at him. "Come on, Shin, let's get you over to the sink so you can rinse your mouth, then we'll go see the baby. That outta make you feel better."

Shinji allowed Mulder to help him over to the sink. "I feel like an idiot. Do you think they really captured me being sick on national television?"

"No. I was joking. The umbrella was in the way."

"Mulder, you seem to be holding up pretty well," Shinji observed, wiping his face with a paper towel. "Weren't you the slightest bit squeamish?"

"Ah, nope. It didn't bother me at all," Mulder lied.

Doctor Pendrell strolled over to them, he had just finished stitching up a minor tear in Justin's orifice, a nurse was finishing cleaning the immortal. "So, Guys, what did you think?" he asked, removing the gloves and washing his hands.

"It looked painful," Mulder said.

"Yeah, extremely," Shinji agreed.

The doctor chuckled. "What did you expect?"

The doors opened and Scully rushed into the room. "Damn, I missed it?" she sighed disappointedly, looking around at the delivery room. Scully and her husband had gone over to the mainland with her brothers to finish packing the rest of the furniture from their house in Baltimore.

"Scully, believe me you should be glad that you did, it wasn't a pleasant sight," Mulder said.

"Nonsense, Fox, it was beautiful," Slava said, stepping into the room.

"You shouldn't be in here," Pendrell said, frowning. "Only family and friends are allowed in the delivery room."

"Don't worry, Doctor, I'm not staying long. I just wanted a word with Fox before I head back to my rooms," Slava replied, giving the young doctor his most winning smile.

Scully interrupted. "I don't think King Walter would like you talking to Mulder without him being present."

"Oh, I was under the impression that Fox was an adult and didn't need permission to speak to anyone." Slava looked at Mulder for confirmation.

"Scully, it's okay. I need to talk to Slava, too. Why don't you and Shinji go over and see Justin and his baby. I'll be right back." Mulder left the room before Scully could argue; he was so tired of everyone being overly protective of him.

General Kline was in the hallway discussing his reaction to the first birth of an immortal baby at the palace with the press. The General's eyes followed Mulder as he led Slava down the hallway. He quickly turned to his aid. "Madson, will you see that each member of the press gets a photograph of the baby with her fathers Mr. Blaise and Mr. Hawk? I have business that needs my immediate attention." Kline rushed down the hallway after the Russian Tsar and Prince Fox.

Mulder led Slava to Doctor Pendrell's office. He closed the door behind them. "Okay, Nikolai, what is it?" Mulder decided to try to be courteous.

Slava smiled at Mulder's use of his first name. "I wanted to give you this." An album appeared in Slava's hands. "It is of our daughters' first few months, I had it scribed in English for you, Fox. I had been planning to give it to Alexei to give to you before I left because I didn't think that I would see you on this visit."

Mulder sat and opened the album. He smiled softly at the photo of his daughter Svetlana and her footprints and handprints on the page next to it. The next page showed Svetlana being held by a pretty young woman. He looked up as the door to the office opened and General Kline stepped in.

"Your Highness, is everything okay?" the General asked.

"Everything's fine, Clay. Tsar Slava was kind enough to bring me an album of my daughters. Look, this is Svetlana, but I'm not sure who the young woman is with her."

Slava heart soared at how proudly Fox showed the older man the photo of their daughter. "That's Galina. Each of our daughters has their own private nanny. You should look into hiring some nannies to help take care of your daughters, Fox."

"Walter has been interviewing some men and a few of the surviving women for the jobs. He wanted to hire four nannies." Mulder left out that it was no longer necessary since he wasn't going to be having the babies.

General Kline leaned over the chair and looked at the photographs. He had been apprised of all that went down between Mulder and Slava. His admiration for Mulder went up two fold that Mulder was able to deal with the Tsar politely and unemotionally. The General knew that they needed Slava's army in order to defend themselves against the Seraphim. Still, he did not want to leave Mulder alone with the Russian. "King Walter will be breaking for lunch shortly, Your Highness. I know that he would enjoy your company. You can tell him all about the birth."

Mulder made a face. "Clay, that is not exactly a subject to talk about over lunch."

"Why? I thought it was quite miraculous."

"It was so gross, Clay. A man just pushed a six-pound object out of his bellybutton. There was nothing miraculous about it."

Slava chuckled. "It was a beautiful baby girl not an object, Fox. General Kline is right it was miraculous and beautiful. You are just nervous."

Mulder shut the album. "Whatever. Clay, I would like to have lunch with Walter, at least I can show him the album. But, I want to stop and see Justin first, and I need to change," he said, fingering the blue hospital scrubs. He stood and headed for the door.

"I'll accompany you," Kline said.

Slava followed as far as the elevator. He was hoping to dine with Alexei again. It would be a bonus to dine with both his lovers. Yes, he still thought of the beautiful Fox as his lover. Someday he'd have both Alexei and Fox in his bed. For now, he'd just have to be patient.


It was after noon when Mulder, Shinji, and Scully arrived in the dining hall escorted by General Kline. The room was abuzz with the news of the birth of a female immortal. Shinji spotted Kazuo and his relatives eating at a table near the waterfall. So, he excused himself to go and join them.

Walter and Alex were seated at the table reserved for their royal family. Their daughters were with them along with Slava. As the trio approached the table, Skinner rose and walked over to Mulder, kissing him lightly. "Tsar Nikolai was telling us about the birth, Fox, was it as beautiful an experience as he says it was?" Skinner led Mulder over to a chair between him and Faith.

Mulder set the album he was carrying on the floor under his chair. "I'll tell you about it after I've eaten." Mulder frowned; Alex hadn't even noticed him yet. He was too preoccupied with Slava; it took the Tsar greeting Mulder to draw Alex's attention toward him. Mulder flashed back on Slava's comments about Alex promising to have his baby, it didn't seem so strange to him now.

"Fox, have you had a chance to look through the album?" Slava asked.

"Yes, Scully and I looked at it while we were visiting Justin."

"What album?" Skinner asked slightly miffed that Slava had apparently had contact with Fox.

"I'll show it to you later, Walter." Mulder reached over and squeezed his hand reassuringly.

Alex was mortified that he hadn't even noticed Fox's arrival. "Fox, how is Justin doing?"

"Fine, Alex. Although, he would like a word with our King," Mulder said, smirking over at Walter.

"With me. Why?"

"Walter, they had a television camera broadcasting the birth live. Do you realize how embarrassing that would be? Not to mention all the men in the peanut gallery."

"What do you mean? Didn't Justin give his consent for them to televise it?" Skinner looked across the table at his General and chief advisor. He was livid. "Clay, O'Connell was supposed to get each of the immortals' written consent."

"He was supposed to, Your Majesty. I'll have a word with him and find out what happened," the General said gruffly, setting his napkin down, he rose and left the dining hall.

"I wouldn't want to be in O'Connell's shoes," Scully said.

"Clay's not one for tolerating any blatant disregard of orders," Skinner said. "I suppose I should find a way to make it up to Justin. Fox, do you have any suggestions?"

"Groveling, Walter, plenty of groveling. Don't forget to take a pillow with you. I expect you'll be spending most of your time with Justin on your knees," Mulder said, looking sideways at his lover as he picked up the French dip sandwich.

Scully snickered. "Flowers wouldn't hurt either."

Skinner sighed. He needed to keep a tighter reign on his staff, that would mean spending less time with Fox and Alex, and his daughter. Life was so much simpler when he was only an Assistant Director. Skinner was feeling depressed lately, his job was unbelievably stressful to begin with, and the one thing in his life that he wanted more than anything was being taken away from him. He wanted another child by Fox. A boy would have been nice, but even another daughter would have been a Godsend. It hurt that he had no control over his lover's decision to end his pregnancy. The baby was his child too, not just Fox's.

Mulder set the sandwich back down on his plate. He had suddenly lost his appetite. He could sense Walter's unhappiness and he sadly glanced over at the large man who was silently brooding. "Walter, I'm going upstairs. I'll take the girls so you and Alex won't have to watch them any longer today." He stood and started to unfasten Faith from her highchair.

"Fox, finish your sandwich," Skinner said.

"Not hungry." Mulder scooped his daughter up and went over to retrieve Hope. "I'm tired, Walter, I didn't sleep too well last night," he confessed. "I'm just going to go upstairs and have a nap."

"You're not going to get any sleep watching Hope and Faith. I'll take care of them," Alex volunteered, feeling guilty about not noticing Fox earlier.

"Alex, no. You and Walter have more important things to do today. They'll take a nap with me. Walter, teleport my photo album upstairs for me," he said, carrying both girls out of the dining hall before his lovers could put up any more objections. Mulder wasn't really planning on sleeping, he didn't want the dreams that would come the minute he closed his eyes. It had been terrible last night. He didn't want to believe that the children in his dream were the same ones he carried in his belly. They had been so innocent and loving. It was only his guilt giving him those dreams, they weren't premonitions.

Walter and Alex watched Fox leave. Their lover had been distant and short-tempered since waking up yesterday and neither man wanted to do or say anything that would upset him.


Yukon Territory
Sunday, May 28
4:30 p.m.

Ari was sore and tired. Giving birth had taken more out of him than he would have thought possible with him being an immortal. His nipples ached. Damn, that was the weirdest sensation having his nipple sucked with such intensity and knowing that his daughter was actually drawing milk out of it. It really didn't seem possible, considering he was still flat-chested He wished there was a way for him to tell how much she was drinking. He hugged her tightly and breathed in her delicious scent. Ari was sure he'd be able to identify Kat by her scent alone. She was a part of him. He had never created anything in his life that was even remotely as magnificent as his daughter.

"Hey, Ari, I brought you some soup," Duffy said, setting the mug down on the table next to the sofa where Ari laid curled up with his daughter. "It's Campbell's chicken and dumpling. Jeff found a pantry full of supplies over in the old kitchen. Most of the stuff is still good."

"Would you mind holding Kat while I eat?" Ari asked, shifting until he was sitting upright.

Ari noticed Duffy's hesitance. "Jason, you'll be fine, just support her head and neck."

"Ari, she's so small. I'm afraid that I might crush her," he said taking the tiny infant from Ari. Kat fit in the palm of Duffy's large hand -- she was that small.

"See, you're doing fine. Jason, even I could crush her, you just have to be careful that you don't. Isn't our daughter beautiful?" Ari sighed, picking up the mug and taking a deep sip.

"Our daughter, Ari?"

"Yes, Jason. I don't want to raise her alone. Besides, I want her to learn some morals. You don't mind do you?"

"No. Nothing would make me happier. I'm just stunned that you would want me to be an equal part of your daughter's upbringing. What about Paul?"

"Our daughter, Jason. Paul hates kids. Even though I love him like a brother, I don't want Paul to raise Kat. She needs more of a stable life." Ari blew on the hot broth keeping an eye on Duffy and his daughter. He knew he'd made the right decision; Duffy would be good with Kat.

"What about other children, Ari?" Duffy asked, looking down at the pretty infant in his hand.

"What about them?" Ari looked up confused.

"N'thrals are sterile. I could never father a child with you, and what happens if you have a compulsion to have another baby?"

"Don't worry about it, Jason. We'll deal with that, if and, when it happens." It was something that had been worrying Ari, too. He didn't want to become a slut to his body's needs.


Gabriel Hunter leaned out of the combat helicopter side door trying for an unobstructed view. He had volunteered for the search and rescue mission after visiting Agent Peacock in the hospital. It was clear to him that they needed a powerful sorcerer to go up against CGB Spender. And he was one of the most powerful sorcerers in the world. If the Batman were to interfere in the rescue mission, he'd have a better chance of defending them.

It had hurt to leave Hans, but Jeff's and Duffy's lives had to be put first. Besides, Duffy was captured and taken into slavery because he was protecting Hans. Then there were the two new immortals. He looked off in the distance and all that he could see for miles and miles were the tops of trees. This was going to be like finding a needle in a haystack. Then he smelled it. Smoke. Hunter closed his eyes and breathed deeply. He needed to determine the direction. This part of Canada was now virtually devoid of humans, most had moved south after the virus.

"What is it, Gabriel?" Jack Sullivan asked.

"I smell smoke."

Sullivan sniffed but couldn't smell anything, but he didn't question Hunter's ability to detect the substance. "What direction is it coming from?"

"About one hundred miles from the northwest," Hunter finally said.

"I'll tell the pilot," Sullivan said.

On board the helicopter were only the pilot and co-pilot, Hunter, and Sullivan. They needed the space in case they did find the five men. Duffy alone would need the space of two men.


Ian came running into the room from outside. "We have to hide, there's a helicopter approaching our position."

Duffy looked over at Spender who suddenly became alert. "You're the sorcerer here, Jeff. Can you tell if they are friendly or not?"

"Sorry, someone on board is shielding them," Spender said. "I think it would be best if we hid. I can shield us from their detection until we can determine who they are."

Ari was worried about taking his baby out into the cold, but they couldn't stay here, this would be the first place that would be searched. He laid her down on the sofa so he could dress. He pulled on his baggy pants; it felt good to have a slim waistline again. He tightened the robe belt to hold up the borrowed pants, now he only wished that he had pants that would fit him. He left his shirt open as he pulled on the layers of black clothing. Ari covered his hair and mouth with a wraparound scarf that left only his eyes showing. He picked Kat up and cuddled her to his bare chest. "Khalid, could you give me a hand? I need my shirt and coat button over Kat."

"Sure, Ari." The young Egyptian fastened the buttons while Ari held his daughter against his chest. When he was done, it was hard to tell what the young man carried beneath his coat against his chest.

Nighttime had fallen and provided plenty of cover for the unique group to sneak out of the cabin. They avoided the spotlight from the helicopter as it circled over the camp searching for a place to land.


Crystal Palace
Sunday, May 28
8:30 p.m.

"Are you sure, Chuck?" Mulder questioned with growing relief.

"Sure, I'm sure. Doctor Long is willing to give you an abortion, but you'll have to find a way to get to his office in New Jersey. Fox, he wants to keep this under the table, just between us. He won't do it if anyone finds out."

"No one will know, except my lovers. I won't keep them in the dark. How soon will he see me?" Mulder asked loudly, trying to be heard over the background noise. He was sitting on the floor with the phone cradled under his chin, playing with his daughters who were pounding on a xylophone with their toy blocks.

"Friday. Fox, are you sure you want to do this?"

"Yes." No. He wasn't sure at all and didn't want to dwell on his doubts. When he looked at his daughters, he felt guilty that they'd never get to see their brothers or sisters. Doctor Pendrell hadn't been able to determine if one of the babies he was carrying was a boy. In a way, he was glad not to know.

"Okay, I'll see you then," Chuck said, disconnecting.

Mulder hung up the phone. "Bedtime, munchkins."

"Play," Faith protested as Mulder picked her up. Hope ran toward their bedroom.

"Nope. You can play in the morning. See, your sister wants to go to bed," Mulder commented as Hope climbed up on the step stool to get into her bed.

"No tired," Faith pouted.

"You will be, Cutie, as soon as you lie down."

"No."

"Yes."

"Is there a problem, Fox?" Alex asked, stepping into the room. He had made sure that he had showered before leaving Slava's rooms.

"Can you put your daughter to bed, while I tuck Hope in?" Mulder didn't wait for an answer as he handed Alex their daughter.

Mulder went over to Hope and tucked her under the blankets as Alex argued with their daughter. He watched briefly, before leaving the room and heading across his bedroom to the veranda. The sun was setting by the time Alex joined him.

"Did you get a chance to see Justin and his baby, Alex? Or were you too busy fucking Slava?"

"Fox, if you didn't want me to be with Slava, you never should have given me your permission."

"Alex, I didn't mean under my own roof! I don't understand, why are you here now and not with him? It was obvious at lunch that you loved him more than me," Mulder challenged.

"I don't love Nikolai more than I love you, Fox. How can you think such a thing?"

"Maybe it's because you haven't even tried to touch me or make love to me since I've woken up. You've been with him seventy-five percent of the time. And you hate me for wanting an abortion." Mulder felt like he was losing Alex. He loved Alex too much to lose him, but he didn't know how he could compete with Slava.

"Fox, I don't hate you. You haven't exactly been the easiest person to approach in the last thirty-six hours. Believe me, I wanted to make love to you very much, but I was afraid that you wouldn't let me." Alex wrapped his arms around Fox's waist from behind, resting his chin on Fox's shoulder. "Will you?"

"Yes." Mulder turned around in Krycek's arms and the two men started kissing hungrily.

"Daddee play," Faith said, coming out on the veranda dragging her blanket behind her.

"Do you think four-point restraints would be too traumatic for her?" Krycek quipped.

"Don't even joke about it, Alex."

"Sorry, Fox, I forgot how many times you were restrained that way in your life," Alex said, scooping up Faith and carrying her back toward the bedroom.

"Too many," Mulder muttered, gazing down at the lights below. He wondered if Hunter was having any luck locating Jeff and Duffy. His brother had wings. Mulder didn't know how he would react when he saw Jeff again.


Yukon Territory
Sunday, May 28
9:00 p.m.

Ari was crouched behind a tree in the thick forest undergrowth and Duffy's protective presence was to his right. He could feel Kat's warm body moving against his chest. The diaper they had made out of a washcloth was damp. Ari cocked his gun as the men from the helicopter approached his hiding place. It was too dark to get a good look at them. Kat started whimpering. "Ssh, Kat," Ari whispered as her whimpering grew louder. He quickly pocketed his gun and unbuttoned his top enough to reach in. Ari positioned Kat's tiny mouth against his nipple and she started sucking hungrily. He sighed, as he held her in position with one hand and reached for his gun with the other, even though he would never be able to use the gun. Not while holding Kat, he didn't want to chance injuring her hearing.

Duffy gasped. Ari had suddenly vanished before his eyes. He reached out a hand and touched the spot where his lover had been and felt a solid form then he picked up Ari's scent. It was all that he could do to remain quiet. Somehow Ari had developed a defensive mechanism that rendered him and his baby invisible at the hint of danger, sort of like a chameleon.

Hunter's ears had picked up the faint sound of a baby whimpering, now he was hearing a distinct suckling sound coming from the direction of the woods. Someone was shielding several people from his detection. That someone was very good, if it weren't for the baby, he'd never have located them. He decided to chance that the people who were hiding were friendly and might be the group he sought.

"This is Special Agent Gabriel Hunter of the FBI. I know someone is out there please identify yourselves." Hunter and Sullivan stood still waiting.

"Gabriel! Thank God," Spender said, stepping out from behind the trees. Followed closely by two other men.

Ari had reappeared as the threat to him and his baby vanished.

"I'll second that," Duffy said, leading Ari out into the open, he leaned down and whispered in Ari's ear. "Ari, you became invisible back there."

Ari looked at him with wide-eyes. "What? You're crackers."

"We'll discuss this later," Duffy replied, smiling down at his lover.

"Jeff, Duffy, are you two okay?" Hunter asked. His eyes looked at the two immortals behind Spender, then they locked in amazement on Spender's wings and remarkable change in appearance.

"We're fine," Spender said

Ian spoke up anxiously, "We have to get out of here. There's no telling when the Batman will find us."

The sound of suckling focused his attention on the tall man next to Duffy. "We have a 'copter standing by," Hunter replied as he walked over to Ari. "How old is your daughter, Mr. Summers?"

"Kat was born this morning. How do you know who I am?"

"Paul Danforth filled us in on your group. Only he failed to mention that you were an immortal and pregnant."

"Paul would never betray my secret. He's Kat's biological father. Has there been any word on the rest of my group?" Ari asked as he followed Hunter and Sullivan to the helicopter.

"We have helicopters searching Alaska for them," Sullivan said, opening the helicopter's sliding door. "We made room in the middle for you to sit, Duffy. We need to distribute the weight evenly."

Hunter showed Ari over to a seat next to where Duffy was to sit. "May I see her?" he asked, as the young Australian sat.

"Yes." Ari pulled his shirt open so the blond-haired sorcerer could see the infant.

Hunter watched the baby nurse in wonderment. "Don't you need breasts? How are you able to produce enough milk?"

"There seems to be plenty," Ari said and shifted Kat over to his right nipple. He wasn't the least bit embarrassed as he pinched his left nipple, causing liquid to drip out. "See, it's still leaking."

"That amazing, I wonder where it's coming from?" Hunter rested a hand on the back of the baby's head.

"You seem to be filled with a lot of questions, is there a reason?" Ari asked.

"Yes, my lover is expecting his child in a month," Hunter said, glancing over at Duffy who had settled down in the small space next to them.

Duffy smiled. "So, you and Hans have finally gotten together. What did Frohike have to say about that?"

"It was Melvin's suggestion. We're all happy with the arrangement. I'm surprised that Jeff hadn't filled you in yet."

Jeff spoke from the back of the helicopter. "We've been kinda busy, Gabriel, with running for our lives and delivering a baby. It didn't allow much time for chitchat."

"I suppose there is that." Hunter smiled and took his seat as the helicopter took off.

"How's Fox doing? I had a strange dream that he was very pregnant," Spender asked.

"*Very* pregnant about describes Fox's condition. He's not handling it too well mentally. Besides being pregnant with Walter and Alex's babies, he's also with an alien's baby from being raped," Hunter said sadly.

"He was raped by one of those gray shape shifting aliens!" Duffy said appalled.

"No, he was raped by a Seraphim. An alien that resembles Jeff."

Ari listened to the men discuss his hero. He was dying to meet Fox Mulder, but it was important to him to make a good impression on Mulder, so he had to find something else to wear. "Is there a place in this palace where I could purchase clothing? I would kill for a shower."

"Don't worry, Ari, as an immortal you will be assigned your own floor at the palace with dozens of bathrooms. I'll call ahead and have some clothes delivered to your rooms," Hunter said.

Ari's mind was whirling over Hunter's words. His own floor? Dozens of bathrooms? He knew as an immortal he was considered invaluable, but usually it worked to his disadvantage as he spent most of his time hiding afraid of being raped or enslaved. He clung desperately to his freedom and his old way of life. "What do I have to do for this living space?"

"Nothing. Don't worry, Ari. You'll be safe at the palace. King Walter would never allow anyone to touch you or any of the other immortals against their will," Hunter reassured the young man.

"King Walter?" Duffy asked.

"You don't know? I thought everyone would know by now that Walter Skinner is King of New America," Sullivan said.

"New America? What was wrong with the old one?" Duffy asked a bit miffed.

Sullivan shrugged his shoulders. "It was on the verge of collapse."

Spender interrupted before Duffy could respond, he was tired of political discussions. "So, is there any other news?" he asked.

"We heard on the radio that Justin gave birth to his daughter this morning," Hunter said.

Ari looked over at Duffy and said with relief, "So, it is seven months. Kat wasn't premature."


The Seraphim Home World

The news about the baby Seraphim's birth spread throughout the planet, and its surrounding galaxies. Although the baby was a boy and not the much desired female, it was still the first baby Seraphim born in over two millenniums.

Xochipilli proudly carried the infant into the lavish reception room where all his brothers waited to see the child. The infant had his father's magenta colored wings and Ricardo's dark complexion.

"Xochipilli, he is beautiful. How is Xoric doing?" Xovebena asked as all the Seraphim gathered around the new father and child.

"He has come through the birthing process well. I would have brought him with me, but I want him to rest up a few more days."

King Xowolfe admired the baby. "My mate will be having a Seraphim baby within six months. We must find a way to get him away from the humans who are holding him."

"Yes. And we need to retrieve the other immortals," another Seraphim stated.

"Yes that is vital, now that we know the human immortals are capable of producing Seraphim offspring, we must get them at any cost," another said.

"I plan on assembling the largest army this universe has ever seen, the Earthlings won't know what hit them!" the King declared. "We still have the portal, when the time is right we will use both to invade the Earth."


Crystal Palace
Monday, May 29
3:30 a.m.

Ari looked up at the brightly lit palace, he had never seen anything more magnificent in his life and couldn't wait to see it in the daylight. He held Kat firmly in his arms as they followed Hunter through the main doors into a crystal and marble foyer that was the size of a football field.

A very handsome bald man stood waiting for them, he projected an aura of leadership and authority. Five men who Ari assumed to be the man's staff surrounded him.

Skinner watched the strange group as they entered the foyer, his heart fluttered with relief upon seeing Duffy's giant frame and Jeffrey, even with wings, it was still good to see his brother-in-law again. Hunter had called five hours ago to inform him that they had found Duffy and Jeff, and *three* immortals plus a newly born infant. He asked Skinner not to announce their arrival; Hunter felt that the men should rest up before they had to face friends and the crowds who would want to see them.

Skinner's attention was focused mainly on the tall man dressed in layers of fabric with his face and hair covered. The man was carrying an infant wrapped in a blanket. This must be Ari Summers the mysterious third immortal. The other two immortals had been identified as Ian Hennesey and Khalid Kirah both of whom had been assumed dead. It came as a shock to all of them that the two immortals had survived the total incineration of their bodies. Already, Pharaoh Menes II was demanding the return of Kirah, the Egyptian immortal.

Skinner smiled at Spender. "Jeff, thank God. Fox has been going out of his mind with worry," he said, greeting the winged man warmly. His staff just stood gaping at him. It was going to take a while for them to get used to Jeff's new body.

"Where is Mulder?" Spender asked.

"Sleeping. I didn't want to wake him. He hasn't been having an easy time lately."

"I'm sorry to hear that," Jeff said, he had hoped that his brother would have been here. "Walter, this is Ian Hennesey and Khalid Kirah."

"It is a pleasure to meet you, gentlemen," Skinner said, shaking their hands.

"Same here, Your Majesty," Ian said, in awe at meeting the most powerful ruler in the world.

Duffy put a hand on the small of Ari's back and guided him over to Skinner. "Walt, it is good to see you again," the giant said, staring down at the much smaller man.

"Duffy, I'm so glad to see that you made it back in one piece." Skinner reached up and shook Duffy's hand and looked at the man standing beside him. Ari was tall, around six foot seven, but still he only came up to Duffy's breastbone.

"Walt, I would still be in China if it weren't for Ari. Ari, this is Walter Skinner an old marine buddy of mine."

The men next to Skinner frowned at Duffy's familiar use of the King's first name. They stopped frowning when Ari address the King in a warm, smooth voice.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Your Majesty." Ari stared into Walter's warm brown eyes and felt an instant liking for the man. He wanted to get to know him better. "Excuse Jason, he's not familiar with protocol for addressing royalty." Duffy rolled his eyes, but held his tongue, he wasn't happy that his country was no more, even with his friend as King.

"Mr. Summers, it is a pleasure to meet you. No need to apologize, Duffy and I go way back. It would feel strange having him call me by anything other than Walt," Skinner said, trying to get a glimpse of the immortal behind the scarves, then he looked at the small bundle cuddled against the immortal's chest. "May I see your daughter?"

Ari held Kat so Skinner and his advisors could see her, she was sleeping but stirred slightly scrunching her face up under the glare from the brightly lit foyer. "Call me Ari. Kat needs a clean diaper," he sighed. "Jack loaned me a cotton handkerchief on the helicopter, but she's already gone through that."

Skinner chuckled, "That's all they seem to do for the first few months is eat and mess their diapers. When Agent Hunter called and informed us of the situation I had a case of disposable diapers sent up to your floor." He touched the infant's hand and smiled when she grabbed his finger. "She's smaller than my daughter was when she was born," he observed.

Ari grinned behind his scarf. Handsome, experienced, and caring, just the type of man he'd imagined Fox Mulder would be attracted to. "I suppose you and Agent Mulder would know what it's like taking care of a baby. I might need to come to you and him for advice, but right now, I could really use a hot shower and a soft bed. Gabriel did mention you'd have rooms available for me and Duffy to crash in. So if someone would be kind enough to show us where, you'd have my undying gratitude."

Several of the advisors quickly volunteered, but Hunter stepped forward more or less dismissing them. "I'll show them it's on the way to my floor. Jeff, why don't you take Ian and Khalid up to their floor and get them settled." He smiled knowingly at the young man, knowing that Jeff and Ian were attracted to each other.

"Sure, Gabriel. Walter, I'll see you in the morning," Spender said, leading his charges across the foyer and over to the tower portion of the palace. He led them to an elevator on the south-side of the tower.

"It's been a long day for all of us," Skinner said, accompanying Hunter, Duffy, and Ari to the north-side elevator. The tower had five elevators.

"Arty, scan these two men for future reference. They're assigned to the twentieth floor," the King said, then turned to Ari and Duffy to explain. "No one other than pre-approved personnel are allowed access above the fifteenth floor. Arty is the palace's artificial intelligence computer system, he provides 24/7 security for guarding the immortals and their families. If anything is amiss he will take the appropriate steps and notify security.

"Your Majesty, I've completed a scan of these men. However, I would be more thorough if the one would remove that ridiculous black scarf. What is he some sort of a ninja?" Arty inquired sarcastically.

"Arty, we all could live without your commentary." Skinner scowled up the elevator ceiling as the door opened on the twentieth floor. "I'm sorry about that, Ari. Arty has an abrasive personality, but he does grow on you after a while."

"That is okay, Your Majesty, no offense taken. I do plan on losing my disguise while I am here. This is just for when I'm on the road."

"Please call me Walter when we are alone or among friends. If you need anything, just ask, and stop upstairs tomorrow, Fox and Alex would like to meet you and see Duffy again," Skinner said. He allowed the doors to close, he was anxious to get upstairs to Fox and Alex -- these eighteen hour days were killing him.

Hunter showed the couple down the long hallway. "This whole floor is yours, Ari. There is a kitchen and large dining room, but most of us prefer to eat downstairs in the main dining hall. The palace has an excellent kitchen staff and several superb chefs."

The high fifteen foot ceilings impressed Duffy, even the doors were ten feet tall, so he didn't have to bend to enter a room. Ari was speechless. When Gabriel had mentioned they would have a floor at the palace with dozens of bathrooms, he assumed the man was joking, he never imagined anything remotely this large and luxurious. When they finally made it to the bedroom, there were stacks of packages piled up against one wall. Ari smiled when he saw the boxes of disposable diapers. A bassinet was set up next to the oversized bed. The bed was large enough for Duffy. For once they wouldn't have to sleep on the floor together.

"The nursery is through these French doors, you can move her in there when she is old enough," Hunter said opening the door. "Up those steps is the bathroom. The tub should be large enough even for you to use, Duffy. If there isn't anything else, I'm going be heading upstairs to bed. I'll see you both at noon for lunch."

"Thanks for everything, Gabriel," Ari said, laying Kat down on the mattress. As soon as Hunter left he started stripping while Duffy wandered around the room exploring.

"There is a fruit basket and some fruit juice chilling in a bucket of ice over here. Ari, do you want anything?" Duffy asked holding up the basket.

"What type of fruit juice?" Ari asked as he walked nude to get a diaper out of the bag.

"Apple, Orange, and Cranberry." Duffy admired Ari's body, it was the first time he'd seen him naked in weeks. His body no longer even showed signs of having been pregnant a mere twenty-four hours ago, except for the puffy nipples, which Duffy found extremely arousing.

"Cranberry sounds good."

Kat woke up and started crying as Ari removed the blanket and wet handkerchief. "Are you hungry again, Kat?" Ari positioned her against his nipple and held her securely as she started to nurse. He wandered up the steps to the bathroom, and gasped at the opulence of the room. A ceiling to floor window overlooked what he thought was the countryside as he spotted distant lights coming from what he assumed was a town. Gabriel had been right the fifteen foot sunken bathtub was more than large enough for Duffy and him both, but he didn't want a bath just yet. He walked across the room to the open ceramic-tiled shower. It had a detachable shower head with a long hose, that would be handy for Duffy because the shower head was set at only seven feet.

"This place is sure something isn't it?" Duffy said from behind him. "It will take us days to explore all the rooms. I wonder why they are giving us so much space?"

Ari shifted Kat so he could hold her with one arm, and he held out his hand for the glass of fruit juice. "I think King Walter is expecting that the floor would eventually be filled up with my children. He might not be wrong if the compulsion comes back. It sure is going to put a damper on my nomadic lifestyle."

"Do you want to leave?"

"Not yet. Not with Kat. Besides, I've been traveling for months, I just want to take the summer to relax. When my gang gets here we can discuss what our plans are for the future." He wasn't going to think about their plans to abduct Shinji Takeda for Emperor Kong. Not yet anyway.


Skinner walked tiredly into the bedroom and over to his closet, he didn't look at the bed as he passed it. He detected the sweet smell of sex. Therefore, he knew Alex and Fox had made peace. He stripped out of his suit and tossed it into the dry cleaners bag. When he finished undressing he headed over to the bed and noticed that Fox wasn't in it. He looked out on the veranda. Not finding Fox there he headed into the nursery. His lover was sitting in the rocker staring at his two daughters.

"Fox, what's wrong?" Walter asked, kneeling beside the rocker.

"I couldn't sleep." They wouldn't let him, they kept talking to him in his dreams. "Walter, I found a doctor willing to give me an abortion."

"Who and when?" Walter asked sadly.

"Doctor Long, on Friday. He's in New Jersey."

"Are you sure you want to do this, Fox?" Walter had avoided asking him, outright until now.

"No," he admitted. "I don't want to but I have to. It's so hard to explain."

"I don't understand," Walter said frustrated. "Can you at least try to understand how I feel? I know it's your body so the final decision will be yours, but I don't want you to abort our child."

Mulder reached out and brushed a tear off Walter's cheek. It broke his heart to be hurting his lover. "I will try to understand, Walter, but I won't promise you anything. If I still feel the way I do now by Friday, then I will be going through with it."

"Fair enough, Fox." He stood and held out his hand to his lover. "Come back to bed, babe."

"I'm not tired, Walter."

"You don't have to sleep, just come to bed so I can hold you. I sleep better with you in my arms."

"Since you put it that way, Bear."

As they walked to the bed Skinner said, "Oh, Jeffrey and Duffy are back."

Mulder stopped. "They're here? At the palace?"

"Yes. I wanted to surprise you when you woke up."

"That's one less worry on my mind. How did Jeff seem?" Mulder asked, stripping off his robe.

"I didn't have that much of a chance to talk to him. They were all tired from their ordeal. He was magnificent looking, but not as beautiful as an immortal." Skinner looked at Alex as he pulled the covers back and allowed Fox to crawl into the center of the bed. Alex didn't even stir.

Mulder noticed the look on Skinner's face. "I wore him out."

"You can wear me out later this morning," Skinner said, pulling Fox's warm body into his arms, he sighed and closed his eyes, breathing in the soothing scent of his lover. He had five days to convince this stubborn man, whom he loved with all his heart, not to get an abortion. He would have to work on Fox's love for children and deep-seated compassion, he thought before falling asleep.

Mulder lay with his head on Skinner's broad chest, he couldn't fall to sleep, they came to him when he slept, he couldn't bear to look into their wide innocent eyes or hear their soft, playful laughter.


Ari stepped out of the shower feeling like a new man. He couldn't remember the last time he'd had a hot shower. It must have been at least ten months. He dried himself slowly then walked down the steps smiling at Duffy and Kat. His giant lover was attempting to dress Kat in an infant cotton undershirt. Ari just stood there watching as Duffy finally succeeded in gently pulling the sleeves over her tiny arms, then snapped the three snaps to hold the garment on.

Duffy noticed Ari's presence and grinned up at him from where he knelt by the bed. "There is a whole pile of baby clothes in those boxes over there. Kat is going to be extremely well dressed."

"Did they find any clothes for us? I really don't want to get dressed in those things again," he said, looking disdainfully at the discarded borrowed clothing. It would have been different if he still had his leather trousers and boots.

"Check the closets, Ari."

Ari noticed the closet doors for the first time, he walked over and pulled one open. The closet was a deep walk-in. On one side hung rows of pants, shirts, and coats. Underneath, was an assortment of footwear. He picked up a boot and checked inside. It was his size, he remembered Gabriel telling the King their sizes during their radio conversation. It amazed him that Skinner was able to find clothes and shoes that would fit him in five hours. Then again, the man was one of the world's most powerful sorcerers.

"Hey, Jason, it looks like you will be able to go in style when we go down for lunch at noon," Ari said, carrying out a mammoth suit coat and pants.

"Walt knows how much I hate wearing suits, I think that is his sense of humor trying to assert itself," Duffy quipped. "I'm going to take a shower, Ari, you can put Kat to bed. I would like to get at least six hours of sleep before we have to make an appearance downstairs."


White Mountain
Monday, May 29
7:30 a.m.

CGB Spender looked down on the broken and dead bodies of his prisoners. He hadn't meant to kill the last one, but the man had angered him. He would have to find Ari Summers and his son on his own. He should have started searching the Yukon Territory, instead of wasting time with these insects.

"Your Eminence," Fyodorov said cautiously as a he entered the room. He adverted his eyes from the bloody bodies.

"Yes, Marat?"

"I located, Ari Summers and your son."

"Where?"

"They have been rescued and taken to the Crystal Palace. There is something else you should know. Ari Summers is an immortal, he gave birth to a daughter while they were fleeing from you."

"An immortal? How is that possible?"

"Sir, I think his pheromones changed while he was pregnant, so we weren't able to detect him," Fyodorov said, taking a step back as the smoker growled.

"This changes everything, Marat. I want you to find a way for me to get my hands on Ari and his child."

"I'll do my best, Your Eminence." Fyodorov turned and left the room. He needed to find a way off this mountain and through the barrier, the creature was clearly mad.


Chapter 22 - Life's Decisions

Crystal Palace
Monday, May 29
11:30 a.m.

Ari wanted to make a good impression when he met Fox Mulder for the first time. He also wanted to look his best when he saw King Walter again. For some reason it was important to him. He searched through the closet until he found a suitable outfit, a pair of black linen slacks with a white cotton short-sleeved shirt. He dressed and walked out to look at his reflection in the full-length mirror. He smiled over at Duffy who had reluctantly agreed to wear the suit that was in the closet. The giant was cradling Kat in his hand. The baby was freshly changed and fed.

Ari turned sideways viewing his tall, slim figure in the mirror. Then he frowned and touched a growing wet spot on his shirt. His nipple was leaking. "Damn!" he swore and stomped back into the closet.

Duffy watched his lover with growing amusement. "Ari, you'll probably need to nurse Kat in an hour or so, so wear something you can easily unbutton."

Ari stuck his head out of the closet. "Bite me, Jason."

"Hey, I'm only thinking of Kat, you wouldn't want her to go hungry," Duffy chuckled.

"Jason, if she's hungry I'll bring her back up to our floor to nurse her. I'm not going to do it in the middle of a crowded dining hall," he said.

"You could always excuse yourself and take her into the bathroom."

Ari came out wearing a black, cotton shirt under a black jacket. "I'm not taking Kat into the men's room to nurse her. That would be worse than the dining hall."

"There is probably someplace that you could take her downstairs." Duffy admired his lover's beauty and knew he'd have to be extra diligent at keeping other men away from him.

"Maybe. Are you ready?" Ari took Kat from Duffy. She was dressed in a one-piece knit romper with a knit cap, and wrapped snugly in a blanket.

"I've been ready for an hour already."

"Good. Let's go."


Mulder yawned and covered his mouth. He was holding Faith on his lap, since she had refused to sit in her highchair today. He glanced across the table at Alex who was staring lovingly at Slava. It was beginning to bother him to no end that Alex was openly flaunting his feelings for Slava in front of him and Walter. This was last day of the meetings that Walter had set up with the world leaders and Mulder hoped that Slava would be leaving tomorrow.

A murmur raced across the dining hall and all conversations stopped. Mulder glanced over to the entrance and there stood Duffy's giant frame, and next to him was a beautiful, tall, auburn-haired immortal holding a tiny infant. Mulder watched as they wove their way across the dining room to his table. Walter stood to greet them. Mulder remained seated; he had his hands full with Faith who was eating off his plate. He smiled up at Duffy. "Duffy, it's good to see you again."

"Mulder, it's good to be home. I'd like to introduce you to Ari Summers and his daughter Kat. Ari, this is Fox Mulder and over there is Alex Krycek. I'm not sure who the other man is," Duffy said.

"Tsar Nikolai Slava," the Russian said, standing to shake hands with the Ari and Duffy.

Summers was baffled as to why the Tsar of Russia would be having lunch with Mulder and his lovers. He had kept up on all of the gossip surrounding Mulder, including Slava's kidnapping of him. He wanted to find out what the story was, but later. After all, he was finally meeting Fox Mulder. Meeting the agent had been a dream of his for over a year. "Agent Mulder, it is a pleasure to meet you," Ari said, holding out his hand for Mulder to shake.

"Mr. Summers, please have a seat. And call me Mulder," he said, indicating the empty chair next to him.

"Thank you. Please, it's Ari." He looked at the little girl on Mulder's lap. "You must be, Faith," Ari said as he sat and cradled Kat on his lap, he had seen the photographs of the two baby girls

Faith grinned shyly and covered her eyes, peering out at him from between her fingers. Mulder kissed the top of her head and cuddled her close. "She has been putting on the bashful routine lately."

"Baby," Hope said from across the table as she spotted Kat. She was sitting in her highchair between Mulder and Skinner.

"She talks already?" Ari asked, surprised.

"Hope and Faith both talk. Walter said you just gave birth to your daughter, Ari. That must have been difficult being out in the wilderness. I'm surprised you're up and around already." Mulder was trying not to look at the cute infant; he was finding it emotionally painful.

"It was, but she is worth it," Ari replied. "Isn't she, Jason?" He looked over at his lover sitting next to him. Skinner had replaced the other chair at the table with a cushion for Duffy to sit on.

"Yes. It all went rather quickly, and Ari has totally healed already. It was the most amazing experience. Luckily for us, Ian knew what to do, he was a great help," Duffy replied.

"Fox and I watched Justin Blaise give birth yesterday morning," Slava said. "And I have to agree it was an amazing experience."

"I wouldn't refer to it as amazing, more like horrifying," Mulder replied.

Skinner noticed Mulder was avoiding looking at the infant. Scully had told him earlier that when she and Mulder visited Justin yesterday, he had avoided any contact with Justin's new daughter Jesse. Skinner thought he might be able to use this to his advantage in his attempt to convince Fox to go through with the pregnancy. It was clear Fox was feeling guilty over his decision.

"Ari, I'm finished eating. Why don't I hold Kat for you while you and Duffy eat?" Skinner offered.

Ari smiled appreciatively at him. "Thanks, I'd appreciate that, King Walter."

Walter walked over and took the infant tenderly in his arms. He stopped beside to Fox's chair. "Isn't she the cutest baby, Fox?"

"Yeah, cute," Mulder mumbled, still not looking at the infant.

"Why don't I take Faith and you can hold her."

Ari watched the two men with interest. He had figured out what was going on almost immediately. It was clear to him that Mulder was having a problem with being pregnant. He could easily relate. The first three months had been difficult for him too. He would have to talk with Mulder alone later. "Mulder, go ahead, you can hold her, she's not going to bite."

"Are you sure? My two girls do," Mulder quipped weakly, glancing at Ari, he didn't want to be rude so he set Faith on her feet on the floor and took Kat from Walter.

Faith started crying immediately at being put down, so Walter quickly scooped her into his arms. "Ssh, Cutie, it's all right, Uncle Walter has some vanilla pudding for you."

The newborn's scent worked its magic instantly on Mulder, melting his paternal heart into mush. His vision blurred as tears welled up in his eyes as he gazed upon that sweet innocent face. Everyone at the table was watching him. Mulder swallowed down his tears, and focused his mind off the infant. "Ari, how were you able to stay hidden for so long?"

"It was quite difficult at first, until the anti-pheromone drug was invented. My gang and I stayed away from large populated areas and avoided n'thrals. Three of my gang members are sorcerers and one is a clairvoyant, so they helped me. It was a rough life, but it sure beats being locked away like some prize trophy," Ari replied, leaning back as the waiter placed a plate of food in front of him. It smelled and looked wonderful, he couldn't recall the last time he had a real meal prepared by an actual cook.

"Yeah, tell me about it," Mulder muttered, watching the Australian enjoying his meal.

"I won't allow anyone to have that type of control over me," Ari mumbled around a mouthful of pasta, he swallowed and took a sip of water. "Mulder, you and most of the other immortals had the misfortune to have taken sorcerers for lovers, and you ended up giving them control over your life. You became dependent on them for sex and protection, and they used their superior powers to establish control over you." Ari looked over at Skinner's displeased expression. He smiled apologetically; thinking Skinner was one sorcerer he might be willing to give up a little control to. "No offense, King Walter, but it is true," he said, going back to his meal and putting a lid on his growing feelings of desire for the bald man. Skinner was so hot and sexy.

"I do not control Fox's life," Skinner said bitterly.

Ari chewed his next forkful and swallowed, then pointed the fork at Skinner. "So, if he decides he wants to leave this island and go to say New York for the weekend by himself. You'd let him?" he challenged.

Duffy interrupted. "Ari, this really isn't any of your business."

Krycek glared angrily at the other immortal, noticing how close Ari was sitting to him. He found himself becoming jealous. "Fox isn't stupid, he knows he can't go alone, it isn't safe."

"It is safe enough if he took the proper precautions," Ari replied glibly, he knew the gorgeous emerald-eyed immortal by reputation. Back before the alien-virus, the consortium offered a substantial reward for Krycek's capture dead or alive. His gang was never able to track Krycek down though. They had come close once in Hong Kong.

Mulder looked at him with interest. "What sort of precautions, Ari?"

"You need to conceal your features and mask your smell. Then you have to be able to project an image of how you want people to see you. I tended to project an image of someone who was severely burned or suffering from leprosy. You'd be surprise how quickly people will steer clear of you if they think you have a contagious disease."

"Fox, this is all a bunch of bullshit," Alex scoffed. It hadn't passed his notice that the redhead was looking at Fox and Walter with obvious lust. "The only reason he got by for so long undetected was as he just admitted, he had three sorcerers and a clairvoyant to look out for him."

"Fox, Alex is right. You're too well known. Even the best disguise will be quickly seen through by any number of our enemies," Skinner snapped, glaring over at Ari with annoyance. This was the last thing he wanted. Besides being incredibly dangerous, Fox would never want the babies if he thought he'd be able to resume his old life, and travel freely around the country again. Skinner knew it was selfishness on his part, but he couldn't help how he felt.

"I don't know, Walter, it might work. I think it might be worth the risk," Mulder replied, turning back to Ari. "Now that you have Kat won't she limit your freedom?"

Ari smiled at him. "Mulder, as soon as she is old enough I plan on resuming my travels with her." Ari glanced around the opulent dining hall. "It is nice knowing that I have this place to come back to whenever I feel like it."

"You plan on taking Kat with you? Won't it be impossible for you to travel without being found out with a female child with you?" Mulder asked.

"Mulder, people see what they want to see. Besides, since I've had Kat I discovered a new ability that will make traveling a whole lot less dangerous," Ari replied.

"What new ability?" Mulder asked, intrigued. Ari suddenly vanished before his eyes. The glass of water sitting on the table in front of Ari's plate lifted up and started to drain as if someone was drinking from it, then Ari rematerialized still drinking from the glass. Everyone at the table stared at him speechless.

"Cool, isn't it?" Ari asked. "If I'm holding Kat she becomes invisible with me. I think it is a defensive ability brought on by having Kat."

Mulder's eyes lit up. "With that ability you can go just about anywhere without having to worry about being attacked. You really think this was brought on by having Kat?" He looked down at the small infant in awe.

"Yeah."

Skinner looked at his lover contemplatively this could be useful. "We could find out for sure, Fox, by checking to see if Justin has that ability now," he suggested. He hoped it was true, it might convince Fox to go ahead with the pregnancy. Plus, he'd be less worried about Fox if he had the ability to make himself become invisible, that was as long as Walter could still locate him.

Mulder was quiet as he thought about the possibilities that having this new ability would bring, but was it worth going through a pregnancy for? He looked at Ari. This young man had kept his independence while the rest of them were sheltered away by their lovers for their protection. Ari didn't seem to have a problem with having a baby. Why should he? Besides, Kat smelled so good, how could he kill his babies when he knew they'd be similar to her? He cuddled her close, and looked over and met Walter's eyes. Walter was watching him intently, and even Alex was focused on him instead of Slava.

Kat started crying and Ari set his napkin down and took her back from Mulder. "She's hungry, is there a place nearby with a little privacy where I can nurse her?" he asked.

Mulder stood. "I know an area that is relatively private. I'll go with you so I can guard the entrance."

Duffy started to stand, but Ari stopped him. "Jason, finish eating, we'll be right back. No need for both of us to let our lunch get cold. Lead on, Mulder."

Skinner watched them go. Ari was a full head taller than Fox. Skinner had to admit that he liked Ari, and he wanted nothing better than to join them. He was curious and somewhat aroused at the thought of the tall redhead nursing his baby and even more so thinking about Fox nursing their children, if he would only agree to have them. Skinner liked that Ari was straightforward and didn't hold his punches. He only hoped Ari didn't put too many ideas into Fox's beautiful head. He glanced around the dining hall and realized all eyes were on Fox and Ari as they headed out into the indoor garden.

Alex was tempted to follow them. He didn't like Ari; there was something about the younger man that set his teeth on edge. He didn't want Fox to become friends with this man. Alex brushed off Slava's hand as the Tsar touched his arm.

The room's attention turned to Jeffrey Spender and the two newest immortals as they entered the dining hall escorted by Gabriel Hunter.

"Wow," Alex said, his attention temporarily diverted. "I knew that Jeff had changed but that is remarkable."

Spender had altered his clothing to fit around his wings; he was dressed for the warm weather in a pair of pale yellow, cotton slacks and a matching jacket, with a white T-shirt underneath. The group made their way to the King's table. Jeffrey looked disappointed. "Where's Mulder?"

"He's showing Ari an area where he can nurse his baby, Jeff," Skinner said, he looked over at Slava who was glaring at Spender with open hostility. "Tsar Nikolai, this is Jeffrey Spender, Mulder's half-brother."

"He's a Seraphim!" Slava growled.

Alex grabbed Slava's arm to get his attention. "No, Nikolai, he's not."

Spender's eyes flashed angrily. "How could you allow this man into the palace after what he has done to Mulder? I thought you both loved my brother, but apparently I was mistaken."

Skinner looked firmly at Spender; Faith had started whimpering and clung to him fearfully. Skinner held her protectively and growled at his brother-in-law. "Jeff, Fox understands the necessity in forming an alliance with the Tsar of Russia to deal with the Seraphim threat. This alliance has nothing to do with my feelings for your brother. I love Fox and will not allow anything to happen to him."

"See that you don't. I'm holding you personally responsible for anything that happens to Mulder, while that man is around," Spender growled.

Kyle Pendrell came strolling across the room. "Jeff, is that really you?"

Spender tore his eyes away from Skinner and smiled at the young doctor. "Kyle! It's me."

Pendrell smiled back and turned to Skinner. "Your Majesty, do you mind if I steal your brother-in-law for a few minutes."

"He's all yours, Kyle," Skinner replied, relieved. He didn't want to deal with Jeff right now in public, especially when some of what he said struck a nerve.

"Kyle, this is Ian and Khalid," Spender said, remembering the two immortals for the first time.

Ian glared at the young doctor, it was clear that this Kyle person had a special relationship with Jeff. He shook hands with the young man and pretended indifference. Then watched sadly as Jeff and Kyle walked across the dining hall to a secluded table in the corner.

"Ian, Khalid, I'll take you over and introduce you to some of the people who live here," Hunter said.

Khalid interrupted. "If it is okay with you, Gabriel, I'd like a moment with King Walter."

"Sure, Khalid. C'mon, Ian, I'll introduce you to the Scullys." Hunter led Ian across the dining hall.

"Please sit down, Khalid," Skinner said, indicating Mulder's empty chair. "What can I do for you?"

"I would like to be sent back to Egypt," the young man said.

"Are you sure? Pharaoh Menes will more than likely take you as his lover," Skinner warned.

"I know Menes. We were already lovers before I was kidnapped by the consortium," Khalid replied.

"Okay, Khalid, if that is what you really want, I'll see that you are on the first plane home."

The young Egyptian smiled brightly. He had been worried that the American King wouldn't allow him to go home. "Thank you, King Walter. I need to tell Ian," he said, standing and glancing around the crowded dining room, he spotted Ian and headed quickly in his lover's direction.

"King Walter, if he were under my protection I would have made Menes pay a large ransom to get him back," Slava said.

"Well he's not and I don't abide holding someone against their will or ransoming them off," Skinner said.

Alex sat contemplating the new people who had moved into the palace. Everything felt out of whack to him. It was like he'd been living in a vacuum the past few days since Slava arrived. He hadn't even gotten around to visiting Justin and seeing his baby, yet. Jeffrey having wings, and what was going on between him and Doctor Pendrell? Duffy bringing home an immortal lover was weird. A lover who it seemed to Alex was getting a little too friendly with Fox. Not to mention the other new immortals. At least Khalid wouldn't be staying, for some reason that made Alex feel better. He didn't like all the recent changes. It occurred to him suddenly what Jeff had said about Slava. How could he have allowed Nikolai to sit at the same table with Fox? He hadn't even taken Fox's feelings into account, he had been so blinded by his love for Slava that he let it get in the way of his love for Fox. He was embarrassed by the fact that it had taken another man to make him aware of that fact. Alex knew he had to apologize for his behavior, not only to Fox, but to Walter, too. He had inadvertently put Walter on the spot by allowing Nikolai to sit at their table, being King and in need of the alliance with Russia, Walter couldn't very well be ungracious and forbid Nikolai from sitting with them. Alex sighed as his mind cleared and he realized what an inconsiderate boob he'd been.


Ari sat on the stone bench as he nursed his daughter. The spot Mulder found for him was beautiful and secluded as promised. Tropical plants and a small pond surrounded them. It was slightly humid and smelled wonderful. A brilliantly colored parrot flew overhead. "This place is beautiful, Mulder. I could easily forget about leaving and spend the rest of my life here."

Mulder stood by the entrance to the narrow path that led to their secluded section of garden. "Yeah, I like it here. It is hard to believe we are on an island on the Atlantic Ocean. Ari, you were a little hard on Walter and Alex during lunch, was there a reason for it?" he asked, watching the baby suckle at the taller man's nipple.

"Yes. You. Mulder, I've read everything that I could get my hands on about you. You could say that I have a bad case of hero worship. I just don't like to see your talents wasted. You should be out working on FBI cases or out solving new mysteries, not locked away inside some shiny box," Ari said. Kat was finished feeding, so he turned her on her belly and started rubbing her back.

"I am still a FBI agent." Mulder frowned. "Well, sort of." His last case had been in January and this was the end of May. He missed the challenge and excitement of his job, not that his life had been lacking excitement, if anything he wished for a few months of peace. "Ari, I can't see how I can handle working for the FBI and at the same time take care of children. Maybe I should go ahead and get that abortion," Mulder said sadly. Twenty minutes ago, he had decided to have the babies, but now he wasn't too sure anymore.

"Don't get an abortion, Mulder. You can do both. Women have been doing both for centuries."

"How? I can't very well go out in the field while I'm pregnant, and then there's this bit about nursing. Is that really necessary?"

Ari pursed his lips thoughtfully. "Okay, so, you won't be able to go back to work right away after having your baby. But, Mulder, you live in a fucking palace! You can afford to hire help to take care of your children, you don't have to do it all yourself. As for nursing, I think it is necessary. Our milk is bound to be more nutritious than store-bought formula. Maybe we can have a pump designed to extract the milk, similar to a woman's breast pump. Besides, it would be nice if Jason could help me feed Kat."

Mulder closed his eyes as he felt a headache coming on. Was he really having a conversation with another man about breast-feeding? Talk about surreal, he thought. "I don't know, Ari. What would you have chosen if it had come down to a choice between your freedom or Kat?"

"Mulder, I'd choose Kat without a moment's hesitation. However it's not a choice, when she is older I will go back to traveling. Just like you will go back to being an FBI agent, if your lovers will let you."

Mulder ignored that last jab. "Didn't you have a problem with being pregnant?"

"At first I did, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I didn't get too large and even giving birth wasn't that horrible. To tell you the truth, Mulder, I would do it again. The benefit far outweighed the inconvenience of being pregnant for seven months," he said, kissing his daughter on the forehead.

"The birthing process looked pretty horrible to me," Mulder said.

Ari sighed; convincing Mulder to go through with his pregnancy was harder than he thought it would be. "There are other benefits, Mulder. Besides gaining the ability to become invisible, I picked up another new power," Ari said.

"What other power?" Mulder asked fascinated, looking at the tall immortal.

"If I show you, Mulder, you have to promise not to tell anyone. I haven't even told Jason. I think it's wise for us immortals to keep a few secrets amongst ourselves."

Mulder didn't like having secrets from his lovers, but he really wanted to find out what other power Ari had acquired. "Okay, Ari, I promise."

"Here hold Kat and I'll show you," Ari said, standing and handing the infant to Mulder. He then turned and walked straight through a solid, moss-covered, brick wall, then stepped back out a few seconds later.

"How did you discover you could do that?" Mulder asked in amazement.

"I was using the bathroom early this morning when Kat started crying. I didn't want her to wake Jason so I raced down the steps from the bathroom in the dark. I forgot about the table that was between the cradle and the steps. I saw it at the last minute and knew there was no way to slow down before I ran into it. I must have triggered the new ability because instead of crashing into the table I passed straight through it. I spent some time this morning experimenting, going through different objects. I haven't tried going through anything while holding Kat yet," he said.

"Wow. You're right we should keep this ability to ourselves. We might be able to use it against an enemy someday. Did you try going through something while invisible?" Mulder asked.

"No, not yet. I'm still wondering if these are the only two new powers I've picked up." Ari studied Mulder who was holding Kat contently. "So, are you going to go through with your pregnancy?"

Mulder had a hard time thinking about anything else while he was holding Kat. She made him wonder what Walter's and Alex's babies would look like. Walter particularly had been so supportive during these last few days. Mulder knew then that he could never kill the babies that were growing inside of him. He could never do that to Walter or Alex. "Yeah. I think I will, but not to gain these new powers. Kat made me realize what I would lose if I got an abortion." Mulder looked up at the tall auburn-haired immortal and smiled. "Thanks, Ari. I've enjoyed talking to you."

"You're welcome, Mulder. I'm sorry if I offended your lovers earlier. But, hey, if you ever want to dump the bald stud, I'll take him. He's one man I wouldn't mind attempting to tame me," Ari smirked, following Mulder and Kat down the path back toward the dining hall.

"Not a chance, Ari, he's all mine, every brawny inch."

"Don't be selfish, Mulder, didn't your mother ever teach you to share," Ari quipped.

"What about Duffy?"

"I have no intention of ever giving Jason up, but he realizes that I'll need to find someone who can get me pregnant if my compulsions come back. I intend to be very picky next time. You or Walter would be on the top of my list of candidates."

Mulder stopped and looked at him. "Ari, I'm flattered, but I already have two lovers. And I really meant what I said -- I'm not sharing Walter. I'm sorry that I agreed to share Alex with Slava, and I'm not about to make the same mistake twice."

"You don't have to share him. All I want is someone to knock me up, not someone to play house with me. For that I have Jason. Think about it, Mulder, you and me would make a perfect child together and it would be less risky mating with another immortal, sorcerers can be so possessive."

"Ari, Walter and I would be poor choices. We'd want to be involved in our child's life."

"Look, Mulder, this is still a long ways off, if ever, we don't need to talk about it now." Ari started to walk again then glanced back over his shoulder at Mulder and Kat, and a mischievous smile lit up his face. "I'd be willing to pay a stud fee," he quipped.

Mulder smirked. "How much?"

Ari waited for Mulder to catch up then draped his arm around Mulder's shoulder. "I don't know. What's the going rate for married, bald, sorcerer kings with great bodies?"

The two of them were laughing and joking when they stepped back into the dining area. Alex glared angrily at Ari who had his arm possessively around Mulder's shoulders, while Mulder carried the infant. They looked too much like the perfect couple to him, and had the entire dining hall talking and pointing at them. Jealousy flared behind those green orbs as he watch them navigate their way over to the table. When they got back, Ari took Kat and sat in the chair next to Duffy. Mulder glanced at his daughters who were both now sitting in their highchairs.

Skinner glanced at his watch; it was time to start the afternoon session of discussions on the Seraphim. He was just about to rise when Fox plopped down on his lap and wrapped his arms around the back of his neck, then claimed his lips in a deep, passion-filled kiss. Skinner relaxed into Fox's hot kiss, pulling him closer, feeling the taut muscles of his lover's back through his shirt as his hands caressed up and down Fox's spine. His head was spinning as the kiss deepened and Fox's sweet scent filled his senses. The delicious weight of Fox's buttocks pressing down on his thighs was driving Skinner crazy. The whole dining room had become very quiet, while the two men passionately kissed. When Mulder ended it, he rested his forehead against Walter's and looked deeply into his eyes. "I love you, Bear."

Walter took in the mischievous gleam in his lover's smoldering, hazel pools. "What was that for, Fox?" he asked huskily when he finally found his voice. He fought a losing battle at keeping his arousal down.

"Hmm, nothing, I was just marking my territory, and since we decided a long time ago that peeing on each other was out. I thought this was as good an alternative as any." Mulder caressed his thumbs around Walter's ears, as his lips grazed over the bald man's face with tender loving pecks. Mulder wiggled his butt against the hard bulge in Walter's pants, grinning with delight; he looked over at Ari and winked.

Skinner couldn't remember the last time Mulder displayed his feelings so openly in public. His chest swelled with pride over the envious looks he was receiving from his guests, and the jealousy in Slava's black eyes. "I like your alternative, Fox. Not that I'm complaining but would you mind telling me what's brought on this sudden change?" he asked. His arms went around Fox's waist keeping him possessively close.

Mulder smiled brightly. Since deciding to go ahead with the pregnancy, it felt like a great weight had been lifted from his shoulders. "I'm no longer depressed. In fact, I'm quite happy. Walter, I think we should start narrowing down the list of potential nannies. We won't be able to handle the additional babies on our own without some extra help. Plus, I plan on going back to work tomorrow for as long as I can until the babies are born. Then again once they are a little older."

Skinner beamed happily, when it finally sunk in what Mulder was telling him. He kissed Mulder with as much passion and love as he could convey in a single kiss, he wanted Fox to know how truly happy he made him. Skinner knew he was successful when Fox melted like sweet butter in his arms.

Alex's ears had perked up when Fox hinted that he was going to go through with the pregnancy. Alex watched Walter and Fox kiss with growing envy. Although, he had sex with Fox last night, and sex with Walter and Fox this morning, he was feeling left out. He wanted to be included in Fox's rare public display of affection. He wasn't blind; he knew Fox was excluding him on purpose because of Slava being at their table. Alex made up his mind, he stood and walked around the table and stopped beside Skinner's chair. "Fox, you've decided to have the babies?" he whispered softly, so only his lover's could hear him.

Mulder stopped kissing Skinner and looked up into Alex's eyes and smiled. "Got your attention, did I?"

"Yeah, you got my attention. I'm sorry, guys, I've been behaving like an insensitive jerk lately. Please, accept my apology," Alex said, pleading with his eyes.

"What do you think, Fox? Should we accept our little rat's apology?" Skinner asked as his hands caressed up and down Fox's back.

"I don't know, Bear. Do you think he's really sorry?"

"I am reeeally sorry."

Mulder never could resist Alex when he looked at him with those large green eyes. "Okay, c'mere, rat," he growled, pulling Alex's head down, he kissed him hard and possessively.

Ari smirked over at Slava, who glared back at the beautiful redhead. Slava took that moment to quietly depart. He knew that the new immortal had done something to put the fire back in his Fox, and at the same time made his Alex jealous. What type of an immortal would take a n'thral for a lover anyway?

Hope was getting grumpy as her daddies ignored her. "Kiss baby!" she screamed, throwing her spoon at them.

Skinner reluctantly eased Mulder off his lap, and picked up the spoon that had bounced off his chest. "Fox, I need to get back to my conference," he said gruffly, he stood and kissed the top of Hope's head. "Princess, we do not throw silverware. For that, Daddy Fox is going to have to punish you with time out."

"Walter! Why me?"

"Fox, you're so good at it." Skinner pulled Mulder against is chest and kissed him soundly. "I'm going to have Jacques prepare us a special dinner in our room tonight to celebrate your decision," he said leaving.

Mulder watched Walter as he marched out of the dining room with more zeal than he'd seen in his lover in a very long time.

Alex had picked up a sound asleep Faith from her highchair. "C'mon, Fox, let's take the munchkins upstairs and put them down for a nap. Maybe later we can all go to the beach."

"Sure, Alex." Mulder scooped Hope out of her highchair, and gave her a wet raspberry on her belly. "So you want kisses, Princess?"

Hope giggled. "Nooo."

Mulder hugged her and turned to Ari and Duffy. "Why don't you two stop up later? You can go to the beach with us, and I would love to hear more about how you both met and your travels."

"Sure, Mulder."

As Mulder and Alex were leaving the dining hall, Jeff's voice rang out. "Mulder!"

Mulder spun, his eyes widening fearfully as he wondered how a Seraphim had gotten inside the palace.

"Mulder, are you okay?" Jeff asked, stopping short.

Mulder shook himself, this was his brother not a Seraphim. "Jeff?" He stepped up to Jeff, balancing Hope on his hip and reached out and caressed the side of Jeff's smooth cheek. "Do they work?" he asked.

Jeff looked at him puzzled? "Do who work?"

"Your wings? Can you fly?" Mulder asked, stepping out into the foyer with Jeff and Alex.

"I don't know. I haven't tried to fly yet."

"Big Biwd," Hope said, looking timidly at Spender.

"No, Hope, that's not Big Bird, it's your Uncle Jeff." Krycek couldn't keep a straight face and broke up laughing.

"Jeff, I know it's spring, but maybe you shouldn't wear yellow," Mulder quipped.

"Do I really look that bad?" Spender frowned.

"No, Jeff, not really. You look good," Mulder replied softly. "Come upstairs so we can talk."


Crystal Palace
Monday, May 29
3:30 p.m.

The sun was bright in the sky and the temperature was around seventy-five degrees. The seagulls swooped down in the water off the private section of beach, which had been reserved for the immortals' exclusive use. It was crowded, even Justin had come down with his newborn; he sat under a large umbrella with Ari and his daughter comparing notes. The two redheads had become instant friends.

"I can't believe that they had a television camera filming the whole thing. How awful. I would have killed the camera crew then that public relations man," Ari said.

The Korean immortal looked over at the two men. "King Walter had the PR man fired and booted off the island. So I don't think there will be repeat of the camera incident or the crowd watching from the observation room," Sung Lee said.

Sung Lee and Luis Marquez were sitting nearby on separate beach towels and next to them were Scully and Kimberly. On the other side of Ari and Justin were Shinji, Joe, and Hans and their lovers all spread out on the sandy beach lounging lazily in the sun. All five of the immortals were six months pregnant and all were dressed in baggy shorts that covered their bellies. Dana was seven months along and wore a maternity sundress and hat.

"Hey, Justin, have you accepted Walter's apology yet?" Frohike asked as he applied suntan oil to Hans' shoulders and back.

"Nope, I'm going to let him grovel a little bit longer. Unless he can get his hands on all of the copies of that blasted film."

"Melvin is going to videotape our baby's birth," Hans said.

"Why?" Justin asked mortified.

"It's our daughter's birth, she'll want to see it someday," Hans replied.

"Don't count on it," Justin said shaking his head.

Faith came toddling over followed protectively by Duffy. She placed a seashell in Scully's lap. "Pwetty."

Scully picked it up and smiled at her. "It is very lovely, Cutie. Can you find me another one?"

Faith grinned then raced back over to the edge of the surf.

Tony plopped down next to Kimberly with their two baby girls Gracie and Emi in tow. The babies had plastic buckets and shovels.

Scully smiled at the babies who were sitting in the sand digging with their plastic shovels. She glanced down the beach to where Mulder was talking with Alex, Jeff, and Ian. The newest immortal seemed lonely. She had heard from Alex that Ian's lover Khalid had left an hour ago to go back to Egypt. Scully watched as Mulder coaxed Jeff up on a large boulder, she could just hear Mulder's voice.

"Okay, Jeff, flap your wings and jump," Mulder quipped.

"Maybe he should try running and flapping his wings," Alex suggested, he was holding Hope and stepped back to give Spender more room.

All eyes turned down the beach to watch Spender as he attempted to fly for the first time.

Spender spread his wings and started flapping them; he was amazed as he felt himself lift up off the boulder. Soon he had ascended several feet into the air, he discovered by shifting his weight he was able to go in different directions.

Mulder watched in wonder as his half-brother continued to rise and started flying across the beach. He had thought it would take many hours of practice before Jeff was able to fly. Mulder was amazed at how graceful Jeff was only after a few minutes. Ian stood next to him looking up.

"He's beautiful isn't he?" the Australian said.

Mulder studied the young man's expressive face, and saw the adoration within his azure eyes. "Yes he is, Ian?"

"I wish I still had my camera. I would have liked to have photographed Jeff," Ian said wistfully. "I'm a wildlife photographer or I was before..." his voice trailed off sadly.

"There really isn't any reason for you not to continue your photography," Mulder said.

"Mulder, unlike Ari, I don't want to chance being abducted again. I feel safe here. It's the first time I've felt safe since becoming an immortal."

Alex walked over to Mulder and wrapped his free arm around the older man's waist. "Ian's right, Fox. It's not safe off this island, regardless of what Ari says even with this new power to become invisible. You wouldn't be safe."

"And you would, Alex?" Mulder grumbled as he reached up and adjusted Hope's bonnet.

"I'm a sorcerer besides being an immortal, the risk to me would be minuscule as compared to you."

"Alex, when I have our babies I'll be just as able to defend myself as you are now! I will not continue to stay stuck on this island! I have every intention of resuming the life I had before the virus!"

"Fox, don't be stupid."

Hope glanced back and forth between her father and uncle. "Stupid," she said, slapping her Daddy Fox's bare chest.

"Thanks, Alex."

"Sorry, Fox. Look, I don't want to argue with you, not now, let's discuss this after our babies are born." Alex looked across the beach to where Faith was stomping at the edge of the cold surf with three-year-old Matthew Scully. "Mouse, let's go play with your sister, Matt, and Duffy."

Ian stepped up beside Mulder and they watched Alex clad only in cutoff jeans make his way barefoot across the sand. "Is he always that protective of you?"

"Yeah, it's irritating, but he was even that way before the virus, back when I thought he was my enemy." Mulder smiled wistfully as he watched the sun shine off Alex's soft, sable hair as he plopped his lean muscular frame in the sand next to Faith. Alex was so devastatingly beautiful. How had he ever gotten so lucky as to have him and Walter for life partners?

"You love him a lot?" Ian asked.

"More than life itself," Mulder smiled. His hand absently went down to rest over his still flat stomach.

"I hope you can resolve your differences," Ian said, looking back up at Spender.

"What and stop arguing, that would put the damper on making up afterwards." Mulder chuckled and leaned close to Ian and whispered, "You can bet that Alex is thinking about how to make it up to me for calling me stupid in front of Hope. He already owes me big for Slava. I think the next couple of months will be pretty nice."

"I suppose both King Walter and Prince Alex will be spoiling you to death over the next six months," Ian said, looking meaningfully at Mulder's stomach.

Mulder sighed, and walked over to sit on the boulder, he stared out over the ocean. "You know, Ian, it is so weird to hear Walter and Alex referred to by titles. Sometimes in the middle of night, I half expect to wake up back at our former estate. I had just gotten used to living there when all of this happened."

Ian sat next to Mulder. "I for one thank God that it did. I could never imagine having the opportunity to live in such a beautiful place without having any expectations placed on me. If it had been anyone other than your husband, Mulder, I don't think we'd be as lucky. King Walter's a good man, I envy you."

"I envy me, too," Mulder chuckled. "I've been counting my blessings lately, I've never had so many friends as I do now." He watched Alex as his young lover started to build a sandcastle with Duffy's, Tony's, and MacIver's help. Hope, Faith, Gracie, Emi, and Matthew would fill up their plastic buckets and hand it to them, receiving all sorts of praise from the four men.

Jonathan Carter, Bill and Charlie Scully came strolling up. "Hey, Mulder, we thought we'd have a bonfire and clambake tonight. The weather is perfect," Charlie said. "The boys are collecting driftwood for the fire, and Bill, Jonathan, and I have been digging clams over in the cove, we have enough to feed a small army."

"Mm, that sounds like a great idea, Charlie. I haven't been to a clambake since I was a boy," Mulder said, remembering him and Samantha as children. "I'll let Walter know, he was planning a special dinner for us tonight, but I think he'll prefer to celebrate with friends." He stood to head back up to the palace, but shouted over to his lover first. "Alex, I'm heading back to the palace. Watch the girls until I get back!"

"I'll go with you, Mu..." Ian started to say, but Jeffrey swooped down next to him, bubbling with excitement.

"Ian, that was so great. I think when I get stronger. I'll be able to carry you, too. C'mon, let's go help with the sandcastle." Spender grabbed Ian's hand and dragged him off across the beach.

Shinji strolled up, carrying his daughter Ayako. "I'll walk back with you, Mulder. I need to change Ayako and pick up some warmer clothes for her, if we're going to stay out here after dark for the bonfire." He turned to the Scullys. "Charlie, are you going to be bringing your guitar? I'll bring mine if you are," Shinji asked.

"Yeah, Shin. Hey, Mulder, why don't you see if Walter will bring his guitar," Charlie said.

"Okay, Charlie. Come along, Shin." Mulder chewed on his lower lip thoughtfully. Walter played the guitar and Alex played the piano. He was the only one who didn't play a musical instrument. Seeing that he was going to live forever, he would have plenty of time to learn to play, besides, since he became an immortal he was no longer tone deaf. He'd ask Walter or Alex to teach him how to play.

"So you're going through with it?" Shinji asked.

"What? Oh, yeah, I'm going to have the babies. You were right, I couldn't bring myself to kill them." Mulder looked over at his friend. "Shin, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the Seraphim's baby. It makes me sick to my stomach thinking about having that creature's child. I don't think I want it any where near my children."

Shinji reached out and took Mulder's hand. "It's your baby, too. Maybe the baby has picked up your genetic traits."

"Maybe it didn't, Shin," Mulder said, worried.

"Let's not worry about it now. Today we celebrate having our friends and family back with us, along with our new friends."

"You're right. There is nothing that I can do about it anyway." Mulder wrapped his arm around Shinji's shoulder as they climbed the steps up to the palace. "Have you decided where you are going to have your baby, Shin?"

"I've asked Jonathan and Dana to help deliver my son up in my apartment. Rory and Kazuo are being very supportive after what happen with Justin." Shinji glanced over at Mulder and grinned. "Did I tell you? Rory was in the village pub and saw the whole thing on television. When I got home Rory was already there, I've never seen him so angry. He was furious when he saw Justin arguing with the technicians about invading his privacy. It was probably a good thing that Rory opted to go to the village instead of coming with us, he'd probably be in jail right now for homicide."

Mulder waited while the palace guards opened the main doors for them. "I haven't had a chance to talk to Rory since Justin gave birth to Jesse. Actually you and your lovers haven't been coming down to the dining room too often since they got back from rescuing our people."

"That's because I didn't want to run into Lord Oda. When he leaves we will resume eating regularly downstairs."

"Come with me to see Walter, Shin. Then I'll run upstairs with you. I need to pick up some warmer clothes for Hope and Faith, too."


Crystal Palace
Monday, May 29
1:00 a.m.

The bonfire lit up the nighttime in a warm glow as the relaxing rhythm of guitars strumming and singing drifted down the beach to the moonlit volleyball game. Skinner's attention kept wandering over to the blanket where Mulder was soundly asleep. As several of their friends called it a night, he set down his guitar and stood and stretched. Skinner walked over to where Mulder lay sleeping with both babies curled up asleep beside him. He was surprised that Fox could sleep with all the noise going on around them. But then again, Fox hadn't been sleeping too well the last few days.

Skinner stood and studied his lover's long, lean frame. The lightweight white, cotton shirt was open and fanned out from his body exposing his navel and dark nipples. After a day in the sun, his skin had a sun-kissed golden hue to it. Skinner wondered how long it would be before Fox showed signs of being pregnant. Faith had her head resting in the crook of Mulder's arm, while her sister was curled up on the other side against her daddy's waist.

"Cute aren't they?" Krycek asked, looping his arm around Skinner's waist and smiling down at Mulder and the girls.

Skinner smiled and hugged him back. "Alex, we should have spent more time with him. Fox needed us these past few days and we were too busy for him," he sighed, resting his head against Krycek's.

"Walter, you had important meetings to oversee. Me. I really didn't have a valid excuse. I should never have spent so much time with Nikolai. He's leaving in the morning, so it shouldn't be a problem any longer," Alex said.

"Don't you want to be with him tonight?"

"Surprisingly, no. I want to be with you and Fox tonight."

Scully stepped up beside them and stared down at Mulder. "I'm heading back to the palace. Did Mulder tell you, we have a meeting with Director Hazel in the morning about getting the X-Files reassigned to us."

"Fox did mention it, Dana. You won't be able to go out in the field for a while, not in your present condition," Skinner said, looking pointedly at her round belly.

"Well, there is enough lab and research work that will need to be done. I'll have to content myself with that until I'm physically able to resume field work," Scully replied.

Krycek was beside himself as he listened to Skinner and Scully talk so casually about Mulder going back to work for the X-Files section. "Walter, Fox never mentioned this to me. We're still partners in VCS together ... "

"Alex, Fox only talked to me about this a few of hours ago. You were a bit preoccupied with the volleyball game at the time. He did mention that he wanted to remain partners with you, if you were willing to be reassigned to the X-Files," Skinner said.

Krycek sighed with relief. "I was worried there for a second. Fox is so determined to resume his old life the way it was before the virus, that I'm concerned he's not thinking about his safety."

"Alex, Mulder thinks about little else," Scully said. "We both know that we cannot go on field investigations without suitable protection any longer. However, since Walter has become king the areas under his rule have become less dangerous. Besides, it will be safer going to work now that the main FBI offices are located in the palace."

"Okay, point taken." Krycek looked down at Mulder again. "Shall we call it a night, Walter, and get sleeping beauty inside to bed?"

"I hate to wake him, but we can't stay out here all night," Skinner said, kneeling down next to Mulder, he shook him gently. "Fox, wake up."

"What ... where? Oh, Walter," he smiled, stretching carefully as not to disturb his daughters.

"We're going to go back to the palace," Skinner said, picking up Hope as Alex bent down to retrieve Faith.

Mulder ran his hand through his hair as he stood tiredly looking around. Byers, Langly, Frohike, MacIver, and Charlie Scully were drinking beer in front of the fire. Charlie's two teenage sons and Scully's adopted son were playing along the surf. Duffy, Tony, and Paul Danforth were packing up the picnic baskets. The rest of their friends must have called it a night already.

"This was fun, we should get together more often," Mulder said, stretching and yawning with catlike grace.

Krycek smiled, holding Faith snuggly against his chest as he leaned in and kissed Mulder. "Maybe next time you'll be able to stay awake through most of it."

"I wasn't asleep that long, was I?"

"Three hours. Our munchkins lasted longer than you did," Skinner replied, kissing the side of Hope's head. He reached out and took Mulder's hand. "C'mon, let's get you inside to bed." They started up the hill toward the palace.

Scully looked up at the full moon as she walked beside Krycek and Faith. She took a deep breath smelling the fresh sea air. "It really is beautiful here this time of year. I wonder what it is like during the other seasons?"

"Fox grew up here he should know."

Mulder looked back at them. "The Vineyard has pretty mild temperatures it doesn't get as cold or as hot as the mainland, it is rare for it to get above ninety degrees in the summer or below twenty degrees in the winter. With luck we'll get about twenty-four inches of snow in the winter."

"I didn't know you liked the snow, Fox," Skinner said.

"What kid doesn't? Remember the first snowfall we spent together as lovers, Walter?"

"Yeah, how can I ever forget it," Skinner chuckled, his expression turning dreamy. "The snowball fight in the park with the other agents and their kids. Then we shared a hot bath afterwards. I'd never really enjoyed baths before then, Fox."

Mulder grinned. "Well, Bear, what say we take one tonight?"

"You're not too tired?"

Mulder looked at him lustfully. "I've just had a three hour nap." If Scully wasn't walking behind them, Mulder would have taken Walter there on the path up to the palace. He wanted that powerful body so badly.

Skinner walked stiffly; the olive green shorts he was wearing were suddenly unbearably tight. "I thought your pheromones lessened when you became pregnant," he complained.

"Walter, I hope my pheromones weren't what has kept us together as lovers," Mulder pouted. Pulling his hand free he quickened his step.

Skinner wanted to kick himself; he held Hope with both arms and hurried to catch up to his lover. "Fox, I'm sorry. That wasn't what I meant, I was only joking. Your pheromones have nothing to do with why I love you. Please don't be angry."

Mulder slowed and sighed. "I know, Walter. Sorry. My emotions have been on edge lately, if you haven't noticed." He grinned weakly. Hope had started whimpering at being awoken. "Here give me the mouse," he said, taking Hope, he rocked her gently in his arms until she fell back to sleep.

"Is everything okay?" Krycek asked as he and Scully caught up to them just outside the main doors to the palace.

"Yeah. Just me being an emotionally unstable wreck, Alex," Mulder said as they walked into the palace.

"No, that isn't true, Fox. I'm the one who was an insensitive jerk. I should know better than to make cracks like that," Skinner replied.

Scully rolled her eyes. "Oh brother. Just kiss and make up already," she said, shaking her head. She had heard Skinner's remark about pheromones and knew he was joking.

Mulder grinned at her. "Are we irritating you, Scully?"

"Just get on the elevator and shut up, Mulder," she growled. All she wanted right now was to get up to her room and have a nice hot bath. Her feet were killing her, and she had a backache. It hadn't helped her mood seeing Justin and Ari with their newborn babies, and knowing she had two months left to her pregnancy. Life wasn't fair.

"Sorry, Scully," Mulder said, pressing the fifteenth and twenty-six floors.

"It's okay, Mulder. You aren't the only one with frayed emotions lately. We should start feeling sorry for the poor X-File agents who will be under our command." Scully smiled.

Krycek feigned worry. "Hey, I'm an equal X-File's partner. I'm not going to be under either one of you two."

Mulder looked at him lustfully. "I was sort of hoping to have you under me later, Alex, but if you rather ... " he started.

"Fox, shut up," they all shouted.

The elevator opened on the fifteenth floor and Scully got out. "Goodnight, guys. See you tomorrow, Mulder."

"Sure, Scully."

"Night, Dana," Skinner and Krycek said.

"Sleep tight, Red," Arty voice purred.

Mulder leaned against the railing, holding Hope and smiling at his two lovers. "Let's put the babes to bed, then do a little celebrating of our own."

"I have a little sparkling apple cider chilling in the kitchen. I'll get that while you and Alex put the girls to bed," Skinner replied grinning back. He felt so good right now, better than he had since moving here.

They exited the elevator and Skinner headed off toward the seldom used kitchen, while Mulder and Krycek headed for their bedroom. They laid their daughters down on their twin beds and undressed them. Then they changed their diapers, put clean undershirts on them, and finally tucked them under the covers. Neither baby stirred.

"They must have been tired," Krycek said.

"I wonder why? You only had them doing manual labor most of the afternoon by helping you build that sandcastle," Mulder said, leaning down and kissing Faith on her forehead.

"I had fun today, Fox, it was nice to be able to spend it with you, Walter, and our daughters. We haven't really spent that much time together as a family lately," Krycek said softly, pulling Mulder into his arms.

"Yeah, our lives have been one crisis after another lately, hopefully this will be a turning point for us, Alex," Mulder murmured, resting his head against Alex's. "C'mon, let's go run that bath."

Skinner was already filling the bathtub when they walked up the steps. He had champagne glasses on a tray with a silver ice bucket with the bottle of the non-alcoholic apple cider resting inside.

Mulder looked at it; he was touched by his lovers' thoughtfulness. "You both don't have to drink the non-alcoholic stuff just because I have to."

"Fox, Alex and I discussed this and we decided that we want to be as supportive to you as possible during the next six months. You can't drink alcohol so we won't drink alcohol. Any sacrifices you have to make we will, too. Fox, we want you to be as open with us as possible, if there is anything you need or if something is bothering you, tell us, we want to help."

Mulder smiled and his heart fluttered over the looks of love shining in both his lovers' eyes. He couldn't believe how lucky he was to have such warm and caring men in his life. "Thanks, guys. So if I have a craving for sardines, pickles, and chocolate ice cream you'd eat it with me?" he asked, stripping off his clothes.

"Sure, Fox, but not all mixed together, we're supportive not crazy." Krycek grinned, stepping into the hot bath. He reached back for Mulder's hand and pulled him into the deep tub and sat on the bench just below the surface. "You aren't showing at all yet," he said, placing a hand over Mulder's belly. "Is Doctor Pendrell going to do an ultrasound on you soon?"

Mulder accepted the glass of cider from Skinner and shifted over as his larger lover sat next to him. "I don't see what the point would be to doing one. The ultrasound wasn't able to penetrate the pouches on the other immortals, they were too opaque. He is going to run another test to determine the sexes of our babies in another few weeks, since the last one was inconclusive."

"The sexes really don't matter, Fox. I'll be just as happy with another daughter," Skinner said.

"Walter, I've been wondering lately, since Alex is still part sorcerer wouldn't it be possible for him to have either a girl or a boy, if so how will we be able to tell your two babies apart?" Mulder frowned in thought.

Krycek snickered. "It doesn't matter, if we can't tell them apart they will have three fathers instead of two." He set his glass of champagne down and stroked up Mulder's thigh.

"A DNA paternity test would tell us," Skinner said, following suit and stroked up the other leg. "What do you want, Fox?"

"Hmm." Mulder threw his head back and moaned as his two lovers caressed his cock and balls, the glass slipped through his fingers. Krycek caught it and place it on the edge of the tub. "I want to fuck you, Walter, at the same time Alex is fucking me," he said breathlessly as both his lovers' hands played with his sacks.

"Fine, how do you want me, Fox?" Skinner bent down and nipped at his lover's nipple. He wondered how long it would be before Fox started lactating. Shinji had started at six months according to Rory, but Justin didn't start until his daughter was born.

"Leaning over the side of the tub," Mulder replied, holding Skinner's head against his nipple, reluctant to let it go.

Skinner grinned and pulled away; he positioned his body over the rim of the tub, then let out a deep and contented breath when he felt Fox's long, elegant fingers slip inside of him.

Mulder loved the feel of the strong muscles clamping down on his fingers. Walter usually preferred to top and seldom agreed to be the bottom, which for most part was fine with him and Alex as both of them loved having Walter inside of them. However, there were times like now where Mulder needed to be the one in control. The one giving his lover pleasure while taking pleasure from his lover's body. Mulder felt Alex's finger slip into him and glanced over his shoulder at his lover who was preparing him at the same time he prepared Walter. They had gotten the three-way love making down to an art.

Skinner rested his head on a towel and pushed his hips up as Mulder's large cock penetrated him, opening him up deliciously. He closed his eyes and relished the wonderful feelings of fullness as the cock pushed all the way inside him. Skinner loved giving up control to Mulder. The younger man seemed to know just what he liked and how to pleasure him to the fullest. The water sloshed over the rim as Fox increased the speed and the depth of his penetrations. Skinner felt Krycek's added weight as he was penetrating Fox at the same time Fox was fucking him.

Skinner knelt on the bench while Fox stood bent over him and Krycek stood behind Fox in the deep end of the bathtub. The two men had developed a rhythm and moved as one, in and out. Mulder moaned as Krycek penetrated him and Skinner's strong anal muscles bore down on his cock. He couldn't hold out much longer. He reached under Skinner and started jacking him off in time with their rhythmic thrusting.

Mulder cried out as he came, filling Skinner with his seed, and as he came his muscles clamped down on Krycek's cock, causing him to come, too. Skinner came last spurting his semen into the water. Mulder withdrew from Skinner and sank to his knees with Krycek still joined to him. The warm water was up to both men's necks as Krycek wrapped his arms around Mulder's body and held him close. Skinner turned around and sank back into the tub, then got on his knees in front of Mulder and wrapped his arms around Mulder's and Krycek's bodies, sandwiching Fox between them. Skinner kissed Fox soundly, owning and possessing him. "I love you, Fox, so much, that at times it hurts whenever we're apart even for a few hours."

Mulder sighed and leaned back in Krycek's arms while resting his head on Skinner's shoulder. "I haven't said it as much as I should, but I love both of you more than life itself. I'm often afraid that I'll do something stupid that will push you both away from me."

Krycek chuckled into his ear. "Fox, you'll never do anything that would ever stop me from loving you." He smiled over Mulder's shoulder at Walter. "I love you, Walter. I don't think I've told you recently just how much. Thank you for being so understanding about Nikolai, I know it must have been painful for you to do."

Walter reached up and caressed the side of Alex's face. "I'd do anything for you, Alex." He leaned forward and gave the young man a gentle kiss. "Let's get washed up and into bed, we all have a long day tomorrow."

They didn't say another word as they separated and tenderly washed each other's bodies.


Crystal Palace
Thursday, July 6
7:00 a.m.

Mulder groaned as he tried to fasten the top button on his pants. It was no use. Sucking in his breath was no longer working. He left it unbuttoned and hoped that with the belt fastened over it no one would notice. He was now two months pregnant and he had a slight belly.

"Hey, Babe," Skinner said, coming into the closet he wrapped his arms around Mulder from behind and kissed the side of his neck. "Dana just called. Shinji went into labor this morning."

"Do you have any word on Joe or Hans?" Mulder asked. Both men had started having contractions during dinner last night.

"Joe delivered a five pound baby girl at five o'clock this morning. Hans is still in labor. I'll walk over to the hospital with you, if you want to go there before work. Alex is already over there, he said Joe's delivery was a little messy."

Mulder turned slightly green and raced off to the bathroom. He had been getting morning sickness for the past couple of weeks and the image of Joe having a baby made him ill for some reason, just the thought of all that pink goo turned his stomach. Skinner held out a wet washcloth to him when he finished throwing up.

"Remind me again, Walter, why this was a good idea?"

"Fox, Doctor Pendrell said the morning sickness will only last for a few weeks tops, You'll feel much better in a few days."

"How would he know? It's not as if any of the other guys were pregnant with two babies and one alien before," Mulder griped.

"You usually feel better once you've been up for a few hours though. So at least it doesn't last all day," Skinner said, trying to soothe his lover.

"Yeah, I suppose." Mulder set the washcloth down and brushed his teeth, peering back at Skinner through the mirror. He spit and rinsed his mouth. "I want to stop and see Shinji before I head off to work. I'll pass on stopping out at the hospital, I'll visit Joe and Hans later this afternoon," he said, walking back down the stairs and picking up his suit coat.

"I'm going to the hospital to check on Hans and visit Joe. It's the first time I don't have a full itinerary since becoming king," Skinner stated happily.

Mulder stepped into the nursery and smiled at their new nanny who was getting the girls dressed. "Vicky, are they behaving for you?"

"They are perfect angels," the young woman replied, smiling up at Mulder from where she knelt on the floor tying Hope's sneakers. Vicky had been an elementary school teacher before the virus, and during her internment at the Northridge Research Compound she had become a good friend with Scully. Three of the other female nannies that they had hired were also recommended by Scully.

Mulder knelt down and kissed his two daughters goodbye. "You both be good for Miss Winters. I'll see you when I get home from work."

Skinner walked over and picked up Hope and hugged her. "What are your plans for today, Vicky?" he asked the young nanny.

"We are going downstairs for breakfast, then I plan to spend the rest of the morning in the playroom. After lunch we will be going outside for some exercise," she replied.

"If you run into any problems let Arty know immediately and he'll contact me," Skinner said, handing Hope over to her, then bending down to kiss Faith goodbye. "Be good, Cutie."

Skinner and Mulder made their way to the staircase. Shinji and his family were only one flight down. They met Kazuo Sawada's father and uncles in the hallway outside of Shinji's and his lovers' bedroom.

"How is he, Masa?" Mulder asked.

"Shin's very emotional and cursing poor Rory for getting him into such a condition," Uncle Masataka replied. He was holding Ayako in his arms.

"Do you think Shin would mind if we went in to see how he was doing?" Skinner asked.

"It's your neck," Uncle Masataka replied. "We are going to go wait in the family room. Doctor Carter seemed to think that it might be a few hours yet."

Mulder shook his head and opened the bedroom door. MacIver was on the bed behind Shinji holding him propped up against his chest and gently massaging his belly. Doctor Carter sat on the bed and was checking Shinji's vitals. Kazuo was on the other side lovingly stroking Shinji's arm, while Scully was across the room setting up an area to clean the baby once he was born.

"Hi, Shin, how are you doing?" Mulder asked, stepping up to the bed.

"Fine, Mulder. Is my family still cowering in the hallway?" Shinji asked, relaxing into MacIver's arms.

"No, they were going to wait in the family room, you must have scared them pretty good," Mulder met MacIver's eyes. "I see you're holding up pretty well, Rory. Shinji said you'd do really well under pressure."

"The beauty hasn't given me much of a choice," MacIver said lovingly, kissing the top of Shinji's head.

Skinner watched, fascinated. They had never discussed where Fox wanted to have their babies. Skinner thought that it might be best to have them at home like Shinji was doing, and not subjecting Fox to too many strangers in the hospital.

"How far along is he, Doctor?" Skinner asked.

"I figure he still has several hours. I want to get him up and walking around, but he's being stubborn," the doctor replied.

"Hey, I'm the one suffering here. What if I have my baby while walking?" Shinji complained.

"Trust me, Shin, you won't. The time will go a lot quicker if you got up and moved around for a while," Doctor Carter said.

Scully walked over to the bed, looking at the young man enviously, he was so much smaller than she was and she still had a month to go before having her baby. "At least have a warm bath, Shin, that oughta make you feel better," she said.

"Yeah, a bath might be okay, I guess," Shinji finally relented. If the doctor was right and he had several hours left he sure couldn't spend them lying in bed.

"Shin, I need to get going. Scully, call me later with details," Mulder said. "Walter, are you coming?"

"Yeah, Fox. Good luck, Shinji, I'll stop back later. I'm going over to the hospital to see how Hans is doing," Skinner said.

"Thanks, Walter. Tell Hans and Frohike when you see them that I expect them to visit me with their daughter as soon as they can," Shinji said as Kazuo and Rory helped him to his feet.

Mulder and Skinner left the bedroom and made their way to the elevator.

"Are you sure you want to watch Hans deliver his baby, Walter? It is pretty gruesome."

"Yes, if I'm not already too late. I want to see first hand what to expect when you have our children."

"Keep in mind, Walter, we are having two babies and one monster," Mulder said, stepping on the elevator.

"I wouldn't call Angelique a monster," Skinner said.

"Angelique?"

"Yes, our daughter. It doesn't matter that she is part Seraphim, she is also part human," Skinner said.

"Walter, you are talking about it as if it's normal. It is not human," Mulder said appalled.

"She's a living, breathing life, Fox, and she's not an it."

"How do you even know that *it* will be female?"

"Fox, I know, just as I know that you will come to love her, and she will hold a very special place in your heart."

Mulder shook his head; he couldn't believe his lover's audacity. Their conversation was interrupted by Arty.

"Hey, Foxy, putting on a little weight? Maybe you should invest in a pair of pants that will fit."

It had been promising to be an okay day, Mulder thought, glaring up at the speaker. "Walter, I need to get some new clothes. As the Tin Can has pointed out, my pants don't fit," he said, blushing bright red.

Skinner finally noticed that his lover hadn't fastened the top button of pants and his zipper wasn't all the way up. "I'll have our tailor alter your pants, Fox. I think a little elastic in the waist should get you by for a few weeks until you have to switch to something larger."

"Thanks, Walter."

They went their separate ways once they reached the lobby. Mulder took a horizontal lift to the section of the palace where the FBI offices were located, while Skinner headed for the hospital.

The nurse's assistant excitedly showed the King to a room where he could change into scrubs, then he showed him to the delivery room Hans was in. This was the first time King Walter had been to the hospital and all the hospital employees stood at attention as he passed.

Skinner entered the room and was pleasantly surprised to find himself in a warmly decorated bedroom. With the exception of the beeping monitors he would never have thought he was in a hospital room. Hans was lying on his side in the center of a large bed, with Hunter spooned behind him, holding Hans tenderly while whispering encouraging words in his ears. Doctor Pendrell knelt on the floor in front of Hans probing his stomach; there was already pink gelatinous liquid covering his belly and the bed in front of him. Skinner could see from his position that the orifice was partly open. Frohike had a camcorder and was filming the whole event.

"It shouldn't be too much longer, Hans," Pendrell said.

"Thank God, I'm tired, I don't think I can continue pushing much longer," Hans sighed.

"Yes you can, Hans," Hunter assured him, kissing his cheek.

Hans noticed Skinner standing in the doorway. "Hi, Walter. Have you come to see what you and Mulder are in for?" Hans had a tender but exhausted smile on his face as he touched his swollen belly. He and his lovers had practiced his breathing exercises so he didn't tense up during the contractions. They were well prepared for their baby's birth. However, he hadn't expected to be trying to push the baby out for the past two hours.

"Do you mind if I watch?" Skinner asked. He was surprised at how serene and stoic Hans was over the whole thing.

"Nope. We're filming the birth so our friends can watch later."

Hunter used a damp washcloth to wipe the sweat off Hans' brow and he looked up at the monitor then held Hans more protectively. "Here comes another, okay relax and breathe, Honey, focus on the photograph," he said, kissing the back of the younger man's neck. Hans looked at the photograph that was taped to the cart next to the bed it was of him, Gabriel, and Melvin at the beach party. Hans grinned and nestled back against Hunter for warmth and comfort, a move that didn't go unnoticed by Skinner.

"Okay, Hans, push," Doctor Pendrell said.

Hans bore down, and the baby was finally pushed out through the opening with a gush of more fluids. Pendrell grabbed her and eased her the remaining few inches out. Tristan was there with the bulb syringe and helped the doctor by cleaning out her throat and nostrils. She started crying loudly.

"Let me see her," Hans asked, completely exhausted.

"Honey, you did it," Hunter complimented, holding his trembling body.

Pendrell moved closer to Hans and held the baby for him to see. Hans' face lit up with a warm smile and he looked over at Frohike. "Our daughter is beautiful, Melvin, she looks like you."

Frohike had the camera focused on Hans and the baby. "How can you tell, Gorgeous? I can't see her under all that slime."

"Tristan will get her cleaned up so you can hold your new daughter, Melvin," Doctor Pendrell said, handing the baby to Tristan. "Okay, Hans, you just have to deliver the pouch and it will all be over."

Skinner wandered over to the table to watch Tristan clean up the little infant. He noted that the young man carefully collected the thick gelatin like fluid coating the baby's skin and hair in a plastic container.

Tristan noticed the King's interest. "We've found that the fluids we collected from Sung Lee and Luis Marquez, after they had their babies last week, had remarkable healing properties. We have tested it on burn patients and it completely healed their burns within seconds, it even grew back missing fingers on one man," Tristan said.

Skinner looked back at Hans and noted for the first time the plastic sheet under his belly to collect the thick pink gelatin. He turned slightly green as the mangled pouch was delivered. The doctor put it into a collection dish and handed it to another assistant. The doctor used a plastic spatula to scrape all the gelatin like fluids still clinging to Hans' belly onto the plastic sheet, then two more assistants entered the room and carefully removed the plastic sheet from beneath Hans' belly. They were extremely careful not to lose any of the priceless fluid. The assistant who had taken the collection dish away came back wheeling a cart into the room. He rinsed a sponge in warm soapy water and started to give Hans a sponge bath. Hunter moved off the bed to give the assistant more room to work.

Hunter walked over to Skinner's side and looked at the baby who was being dressed in a cotton undershirt and cotton cap. "It was something wasn't it, Walter?"

"Yeah, remarkable. I had been thinking about having Fox have our babies in our apartment, but this might be preferable," Skinner said.

"I think that would be advisable, Your Majesty," Doctor Pendrell said as he removed his gloves and tossed them into a medical waste disposal can. "We don't know what affect the alien fetus Mulder is caring will have on his delivery. Plus, I would like to prepare an airtight, sterile room for the delivery just in case the alien life-form is carrying any diseases that may be harmful to humans."

Skinner frowned; he hadn't considered those possibilities. "Doctor Pendrell, I don't want Fox to be in some cold sterile environment when he has our babies, I want something similar to this room set up for him."

"Your Majesty, my assistants and I will have to wear biohazard suits to deliver his babies, I won't have them exposed to any unknown viruses. I would advise to you do likewise. Prince Alex won't have to, being an immortal he won't be in any danger."

Skinner's temper rose. "No. I won't turn this special moment into something horrible for Fox, and I won't have myself separated from him or our newborns by a bio-suit. You're wrong, Doctor, this baby Fox is carrying is part human and she won't be a danger to me. You see to it that this special room that you prepare for my lover is warm and comfortable, I want to approve its design before agreeing to allow Fox to deliver our babies in it."

Frohike and Hunter exchanged sad looks as they listened to the two men discuss the precautions needed for Mulder's delivery.

Skinner turned to Hans. The nurse was just helping him on with a hospital gown. "Hans, congratulations. Fox, Alex, and I will look forward to seeing the videotape Melvin shot." Skinner smiled at Frohike. "Melvin, Hans is right she does sort of look like you."

"Hopefully, she'll grow out of it when she gets older," Frohike quipped.

"Do you have a name chosen yet?" Skinner asked.

"Hans wanted to name her Jan, but I convinced him to name her Marsha," Frohike replied. He held out his arms as Tristan placed his daughter into them. "She looks like a Marsha, doesn't she?" Frohike said, proudly.

Hans looked at him baffled. "I still don't get that joke, Melvin," he said.

There was a knock on the door and Langly and Byers stuck their heads in. "Is it safe?"

"Yeah, Guys, come and meet the newest member of the Gunmen," Frohike said, beaming happily.

"I better be going. Melvin, Fox and I will stop by your apartment to visit you, Hans, and Marsha tonight," Skinner said, heading out the door. He still needed to visit Joe and his new daughter. His mind was having a hard time staying off Fox and what the doctor said. He couldn't allow Fox to be put through any stress during his delivery, he needed to figure something out.


Mulder sank down in his desk chair and looked around his office. He still couldn't help smiling; the office was a carbon copy of his old basement office at the Hoover Building. And Walter and Alex didn't even have anything to do with it. Jack Sullivan and several of the other X-Files agents got together and had it constructed as a welcome back present for him. The only difference was that the office was slightly larger to accommodate desks for Scully and Alex. Everything else was identical right down to the pencils in the ceiling and the 'I Want to Believe' poster. Even his office chair was the same.

He turned on his computer and started going through expense reports. Being the Section Chief of the X-Files was a lot more work from what it was when it was only him and Scully. He now had twenty-six agents reporting to him. Most of the agents he had worked with briefly before being reassigned to VCS by the former FBI Director, shortly after he and Walter had become lovers. The Director didn't think it was right that Walter was his boss as well as Mulder's lover. Now that Walter was King and no longer an Assistant Director, it was easy to resume his former position in the X-Files.

"Morning, Beautiful," Krycek said, stepping into the office. He set a steaming cup of tea on Mulder's desk, along with a bagel and a sliced orange.

Mulder frowned at the tea. He wanted coffee, but he had agreed to limit his consumption to only one cup per day. "Thanks, Alex," Mulder said, picking up the cup and taking a sip. "Walter said you watched Joe deliver his daughter this morning."

"Yeah, I couldn't sleep last night thinking about him and Hans being at the hospital. So, I went over there at about two o'clock this morning. I'm glad I did. Pyetr and Justin seemed to appreciate it, and Joe needed someone to distract them. Justin had Jesse with him and had to nurse her two times while we waited. The birth was awesome, but messy. Did you know that they collected all of the pink Jell-O stuff from the birth to be use to treat burn victims and patients with terminal illnesses?"

"I've heard they were doing that now, along with the growth pouch. At least some extra good is coming from us immortals having to go through this ordeal," Mulder replied, popping a slice of orange into his mouth.

"So anything interesting?" Krycek asked, leaning over Mulder's desk to look at the stack of case files.

"Nope, nothing the other agents can't handle. There still hasn't been any word on the eight men from Ari's gang. I'm afraid that CGB Spender may have them or that they are dead, but there is no way of finding out for sure unless we send some agents through the barrier to White Mountain, and I'm not about to do that."

"No, that wouldn't be wise, not after what Agents Johnson and Jones have said about the bastard's powers. We might try to set up electronic communications with the old bastard. He might tell us out of spite what happened to the rest of Ari's gang."

"I'm just thankful that Ari has Kat to worry about, otherwise he might have gone after them himself. God, what a mess. The smoker just seems to be getting stronger and claiming more territory. Walter may have to try to stop him eventually," Mulder sighed. He was afraid that the elder Spender would be more powerful than Walter and their sorcerer force. The knowledge that Walter could be killed didn't sit well with Mulder.

Alex went over to his desk to review the latest field reports that their agents had sent in while Mulder concentrated on the budget reports. The rest of the morning flew by. The phone rang and Mulder grabbed it. "Mulder," he answered.

"Mulder, it's Scully."

"Hi, Scully, how's Shinji?"

"Jonathan says he should be giving birth within the hour, so I thought I'd call and find out if you and Alex would want to come over. Walter is here. I think Shinji would appreciate your support too, Mulder," Scully said.

Mulder sighed. The last thing he wanted was to witness another immortal birth, but this was Shinji and he couldn't turn down one of his best friends when he needed him. "Okay, Scully, Alex and I will be right over there," he said, hanging up the phone. Standing, he grabbed his coat. "C'mon, Alex, Shinji is about to have his kid and he'd like us to be there."

"Both of us?" Krycek grumbled.

"Yes, both of us. C'mon, Sweetheart," Mulder said, snagging his arm and pulling him up from his chair. "I want you to be well prepared for when our baby is born."

It took them thirty minutes to get to Shinji's room from their FBI office. Doctor Pendrell was assisting Doctor Carter. They had Shinji laying on his side similarly to how Hans' delivered his baby. A plastic sheet was spread under his belly. MacIver sat on the bed with Shinji's head in his lap, while Kazuo sat behind him gently caressing his hip. Shinji was panting in pain and his eyes lit up when he spotted Mulder.

"God, Mulder, where have you been?"

"We hurried here as soon as Scully called us. You know I wouldn't let you down, Shin," Mulder said, stepping up to the bed he sat at the foot and touched the young man's leg.

"You don't know what it means to me to have you here, Mulder." The young man gasped as another contraction hit. Mulder was at a lost for what he should do, so he just sat stroking Shinji's leg.

MacIver smirked at Mulder and winked. "Shin, I'm sure being here means just as much to Mulder."

Kazuo was watching the monitor and informed everyone when the next contraction was coming. Mulder swallowed back bile as a gush of fluid spurted out of Shinji's navel and a tiny foot protruded from the orifice.

"He's coming out backwards," Doctor Carter said. "I'm going to see if I can turn him." Without any other warning he gently pushed the tiny foot back inside and inserted his fingers until his hand was inside. Rory and Kazuo held onto Shinji who was screaming and twisting against the pain. Mulder clutched his ankles to keep him from thrashing, and hurting himself and his baby.

Rory's face had gone completely white as he watched the doctor's worried expression. He had never been more afraid in his life as he gently stroked Shinji's damp hair and whispered lovingly to him. "Shin, it's going to be fine. Try to relax. Jonathan, knows what he's doing."

"Shin, you're doing good," Kazuo murmured, swallowing back tears as he rubbed his lover's back.

Shinji screamed and cried out in pain, it felt like he was being ripped apart.

Everyone in the room held a collective breath. Walter and Alex exchange worried looks, wondering if something similar could happen to Fox.

"Damn, I'm going to have to try to pull him out," Doctor Carter said, giving up trying to turn the baby, he pulled the both feet through the tight orifice. He kept one hand inside to guide the head through and waited until the monitor was showing another pending contraction. "Okay, Shin, push," he instructed, and he pulled the baby out with the help of the next contraction.

Shinji was trembling uncontrollably afterwards. It took him several minutes to regain his breath. "Rrrory, ooonly yyour bbbaby would ccome out ass backwards," he stuttered.

Mulder couldn't help but chuckle at the look on MacIver's face. "Shin's right, Rory, your kid is already behaving just like his father."

MacIver grinned weakly and wiped at his brow. "Yep, he's a chip off the old block." He looked down at his lover's pale face, bending he kissed him. "I love you, Shin."

Mulder realized suddenly that he didn't feel the least bit nauseous any longer. He smiled up at Walter who had a slightly green color to his face. "Shin, your son is beautiful," Mulder said, standing and watching as Scully used the bulb syringe then started to clean the baby off.

"Thanks, Mulder," Shinji said exhaustedly.

Doctor Carter really hated to inform Shinji that it wasn't over, yet. However, before he could say anything the monitor spiked as another contraction hit and the pouch was delivered. Shinji didn't even react to the pain.

Shinji peered tiredly at his doctor. "Jonathan, please tell me that was the end of it?"

"It's over, Shin. Kyle and I will get you cleaned up then you can sleep for a while."

Mulder got off the bed and walked over to Alex and Walter, he put his arms around their waist and hugged them. "That was better than Justin's delivery," he said, noting that both his lovers looked ill.

"Fox, Justin didn't have a breech birth."

"No. But, Walter, this was more private and personal, there weren't all those people intruding."

Skinner sighed and hugged him back. He didn't know how to tell Fox that Doctor Pendrell wanted their babies to be delivered under a protective environment.

The End

Read More Like This Write One Like This
Slash & Families
Post-Col Childhoods
Pregnant Others
Non-Canon Kids
Twins or more!
Had Kids With Others
"He's My Mommy" Challenge
These Lines Challenge
One Each Way Challenge
2012 & 2012 Revisited Challenges
William's 13th Birthday Challenge
Return to The Nursery Files home