Title: Family I - The Beginning
Author: Kelly Mullins
Written: July 2000
Spoilers: Post Emily, War of the Coprophages
Rating: PG-13
Keywords: MS, MSR, Mulder/Scully Romance, some Tea(blah blah blah)
Disclaimer: The X-Files, Mulder, Scully, Skinner, or anything else you recognize doesn't belong to me, it all belongs the Chris Carter, 1013, and Fox . As for Will, Kat, and anything you don't know, it probably belongs to me. Disney isn't mine either. Tea Leoni-Duchovny: I'm entitled to my own opinion.

Summary: Scully and Mulder bring their five-year-old twins to Disney after another roach case in Florida.

Author's note: I was just informed that I overlooked how Mulder and Scully got the kids... so um sorry, they found the kids by some unknown way (use your imagination) and then there was a court battle to get custody (Skinner was involved in a good way) and they eventually ended up with the almost perfect family.

Enigmatic- adj./describes a puzzling or inexplicable person, occurrence, or situation, or a riddle.


Day One
Monday August 28, 2000
Outside St. John's School
Late August
9:45am "Mommy, when will you be back?" five-year-old Kat asked.

"I will pick you and Will up at 2:30, okay?" her mother answered.

"Daddy will pick us up with Mommy?" five-year-old Will asked.

"I'll try," their nervous father replied.

With that, the two small children ran off to meet their new teachers, leaving their parents alone.

"Dana, what happens now?" Mulder asked.

"We go to work."

"And just leave them here?"

"It's kindergarten, not one of our cases. We have to let them go. We can't keep them at home their whole lives no matter how much we want to," she said taking his hand and leading him to their two-year-old Ford Explorer. "Mulder, I'll drive," Dana said, opening the driver's side door. "I'm going to need the keys."

He briefly smiled and tossed her the keys. Starting the car, Dana looked over at Mulder, noticing that he was staring at the two empty booster seats in the back seat.

"Come on, Mulder. It'll be all right."

"But Dana, I don't want to leave them," Mulder stated, barely holding back tears.

"Mulder, it's school, we're still going to see them every morning and every night, just like we did when Mom was keeping them," Dana said, trying to calm Mulder down.

"I love you, Dana. You know that, right? I love you and the kids and I don't want to lose you or them."

"Mulder, I know how you feel, and I feel the same way. You don't have to ask me to reassure yourself that I know," she said and sweetly smiled at Mulder.

"Scully look at the time!" Mulder exclaimed, feeling better.

Dana checked her watch, put the car into gear, and quickly drove towards the J. Edgar Hoover Building.

When the agents got into their office, it was 10:45 and the phone rang.

"Mulder," Mulder answered it.

"Agent Mulder, I need to see you and Agent Scully in my office ASAP," Assistant Director Walter Skinner said.

"We're on our way," Mulder answered and hung up. "That was Skinner. He wants us in his office now," Mulder said standing and straightening his tie.

"Did he sound mad? We should have told someone we were going to be late..."

Mulder put his arm around her, to slince her as an excuse to be close to her. "He probably just wants to give us a new case or something," Mulder said, noticing the look of concern on Scully's face.

"Mulder, when are we going to tell Skinner our plans? He's been suck a good friend to us, he deserves to know," Scully said, coming out of his embrace to face him.

"You ready to tell him?" Mulder asked her knowing they both had to be ready for this to work.

"Yea. I'm ready."

"Okay." He put his arm around her again and they made their way to the elevator. When the doors opened, they quickly broke apart and Skinner's secretary told Skinner of their arrival.

"You can go in," the secretary said.

"Good morning, agents. Everything go all right with school?" Skinner asked when they had sat down. Ever since Mulder and Scully had adopted their two 'consortium created' children, Skinner had taken over the Uncle job by the kids' doing.

"Yes, sir. Will and Kat are in kindergarten."

"When you see them, tell them that I said hello. Now, we need to get down to business. I have a fairly simple case I believe you two have some experience in, it seems that there is a swarm go killer cockroaches in a town in Florida. A doctor Barenbaum called in and requested the two of you."

"Bambi?" Scully asked amazed.

"Bambi? Are you serious, she never would have called us!" Mulder said, remember the Brunette entomologist that had assisted him when he was investigating the cockroach related deaths.

"So we're going to Florida?" Scully asked quickly, changing the subject.

"Yes, your flight leaves tomorrow morning at 8:00," Skinner said. "and here's the case file, all of you flight information is in there."

Skinner added, handing a small file to Mulder who handed it to Scully.

"Do we need to notify AD Kersh of our travel plans?" Scully asked of their new supervisor.

"No, he has been made aware."

"Thank you, sir," Scully said glad she didn't have to talk to Kersh.

"And on a personal note, I noticed that both of you have quite a lot of vacation time, and why don't you, when you're done with the case, have the kids fly down and you can go to Disney World for a family vacation?"

Skinner said with a small smile on his face.

"Are we allowed to do that?" Mulder asked, amazed that Skinner would think of something like that.

"Yes, it is you vacation time."

Mulder looked at Scully. Scully looked at Mulder.

"We'll have to talk about it, but thank you," Scully said interpreting Mulder's look. Feeling that the end of their meeting was near, Scully spoke up. "Sir, if you have enough time, we'd like to talk to you."

"Sure, I don't have an appointment until noon," Skinner said, clasping his hands.

"Well sir, this is off the record," Mulder said.

"Okay," Skinner said leaning back in his chair. Mulder and Scully looked at each other, shrugged, and Mulder spoke.

"Sir, Dana. . .um Agent Scully and I have decided to persue a romantic relationship," Mulder said slowly.

"We thought you should know, considering you have been such a good friend about William and Katherine," Scully said.

"It won't effect our work, we just think it would be the best thing for Will and Kat," Mulder added.

"Agents, it seems your minds are made up. But remember that no matter what happens in your relationship you're children will be effected."

"Sir, we have all intentions of eventually getting married," Mulder said looking at Scully.

"Thank you for informing me; I have a bit of advice. Don't tell anyone until you're actually ready to set a date. At that point, you'll be separated, and even though there are already rumors about the two of you doing who knows what, there will be more. And you will probably never be partners again."

"Sir, we understand all of this, and we're ready to except everything," Mulder said. "Dane, we gotta go," Mulder said after about a minute of Skinner starring at them.

"11:45 already!" Scully said, looking at her watch.

"Thank you for listening," Mulder said to Skinner, pulling Scully up with him.

Once in their office, the agents sat down.

"Scully, I really do think we should consider what Skinner said, I mean...Disney World! How often do you think we'll have the opportunity to take the kids on a vacation like that?" He was excited, and Scully could tell.

"Mulder, we can't, the kids just started school, and they would have to fly on a plane alone, and I don't feel safe with them all alone like that."

"Well Scully, your mom could fly down with them, and we could all have a big family vacation," Mulder said hopefully.

"Mulder, Mom doesn't exactly know our plans. Don't you think it would be kinda odd?" Scully asked, knowing her mother would take their plans a little to far.

"Aw, come on, she could watch the kids while we go out to dinner, do a little sight seeing, see the mouse. .," Mulder said, trying to coax Scully into going.

"And Mulder, what about school? The kids just started!" Scully said, knowing how much he wanted to go.

"Scully, their teacher can tell us what they're doing and we could um...encourage the learning process," he said with a begging tone of voice.

"Mulder, we'll have to talk to their teacher this afternoon. And if she thinks it will be allright, then we can go but I'll have to call mom, since she would have to come." She got up and opened Mulder's desk drawer, getting out a bag of sunflower seeds.

"Dana, that's my last bag!" he whined, noticing his precious seeds.

"You can pick some more up tonight, you are getting the kids and me dinner, aren't you? 'Cause it is your night."

"Um. . .yea, I'll pick something up."

"Good, 'cause I'd hate for our kids to have to suffer through your meat-loaf," she joked.

"Oh come on Scully! You know you love it!"

Scully smiled, thinking of all the times when they were trying to get custody of their kids, he made those horrible bricks.

"Sure. Fine. Whatever," Scully said.

Mulder smiled at her, then the phone rang.

"It's mine," Mulder said, after they both did a cell phone check.

"Mulder," he said answering it.

"Mr. Mulder this is Jane Goodwin at The St. Johns School."

"Are my kids okay?" Mulder asked getting concerned about Scully and his children.

"Well both are vomiting but neither one has a fever, they both need to be picked up," the woman said.

"Okay someone will be there in half an hour," Mulder said hanging up.

"Mulder whats wrong with the kids?" Scully asked, relieved that Mulder seemed to have calmed down a little.

"They're throwing up, but they don't have a fever, and someone has to go pick them up."

"I'll go get them and take them home. And you can stay here and make all of our travel plans, then you can bring the Bureau car we have here home," Scully said.

"Okay, I'll pick something up on the way home for dinner."

"Bye," Scully said running out the door.


"Mommy!" Will and Kat said running to hug their mom.

"Hello Mrs. Mulder, I'm Jane Goodwin I spoke with your husband on the phone." A tall woman with short brown hair said to Scully.

"Oh, I'm Dana Scully, Mr. Mulder and I ..We're not married."

"I'm sorry Ms. Scully. Your children are ready to go home now, both seem to be feeling much better now."

"I would like to speak with their teacher if I could," Scully said.

"Sure go right ahead, down the hall to the left, 5th door, she's Ms. James."

"Thank you, ma'am," Dana said gathering up her kids school stuff and pulling them out the door.

Scully didn't need directions, the kids led her right where she wanted to go, Will ran into the room where the teacher was just sending the last child out the door for lunch.

"Ms. James!" Will yelped to his new teacher. Kat had caught up at this time and they were both running to hug her.

"William and Katherine Mulder, I thought you two went home," she said in a very friendly voice.

"We brought our Mommy to see you." Kat told her. For the first time Ms.

James noticed the petite red-head standing by the door surveying the scene in a business suit and dark blue trench coat.

"Hello Mrs. Mulder!" she said.

"Hi, I'm Dana Scully," Dana said smiling.

"Oh I'm sorry I just assumed that well ..." The teacher started.

"Don't worry about it," Scully said starting toward her.

When Scully started to move her coat went to one side, and her gun could be seen in it's holster.

::What does this woman do where she carries a gun?:: Ms. James thought to herself. Shaking hands with Dana.

"I needed to talk to you about what my children are going to be doing here for the next couple of weeks," Dana said smiling as her children ran off to play at one of the play stations.

"We'll be working on counting to 20 and our ABC's. Why?"

"We will be going out of town and Mulder and I just wanted to know what they'd miss."

::What kind of person calls the father of her children by his last name?:: "Your children are both very bright, they won't miss anything they don't already know while they're gone, when will they be leaving?"

"Well Mulder and I will be leaving for Florida tomorrow on business, and when we're done my mother is going to fly down with the kids so it could be days or weeks." Scully could tell that Ms. James was eying the bulge of her gun.

"Business? What kind of business are you in?" Ms. James asked.

"We work for the FBI, we're going down to Florida on a case," Dana said noticing the look of relief on the woman's face. ::Probably the gun:: Thought Scully.

"Oh that's interesting."

"Well we better get going," Dana said, "Will, Kat come on," she added raising her voice, and the two small children came running up.

When they got to the car Scully noticed that her children were smiling at each other and that neither looked very sick. putting them in their booster seats they looked a little too happy.

"What's going on guys?" Dana asked starting the car.

"Nothing Mommy." Both children answered in unison.

"Mom we didn't do 'nothing" William said.

"You two sure you didn't do any thing?" Scully asked smiling at her children in the rear-view mirror.

"Mommy we don't know any thing about faking being sick." William said confirming Scully's suspicions.

"Sure," she said and drove on.


"Jerk!" Mulder yelled as yet another car cut him off in this traffic jam.

This was rewarded by the middle finger of a well manicured hand.

Rolling up the window Mulder decided he needed some music. There were some tapes in the car from the last time he and Scully had used the car on a case.

"Hum, classical, nope," he said throwing down the tape. "Lucy Jackson: The Unknown Jackson, No WAY!" This one was tossed to join the first one. "Irish Heartbeat, never heard of that." He put it in the player of the Ford Taurus. He was soon enchanted by the rhythm of the Celtic music. "Ah Scully you never cease to amaze me.." And then remembering dinner at that precise moment. "Dana's gonna kill ME!" his attitude towards Scully greatly changing. Then he saw it...a Burger Palace, "Yes! I'm saved!" Mulder exclaimed.

Walking in the door the kids rushed up to Mulder.

"Hi Daddy!" Kat said, nearly knocking the bags of food out of his hands.

"Do you have food?" Dana yelled from some where in the back of the house.

"Yes Burger Palace," Mulder yelled back.

"Oh thank God," Scully said suddenly appearing from down the hall.

"I never thought I'd hear you say that about Fast Food," Mulder said.

"Come on Mulder I'd eat fast-food any day than to eat your meat-loaf."

Scully said, walking towards the kitchen.

"You guys hungry?" Scully asked the two children who had been quietly listening to their parents' conversation.

"Un huh!" they yelled as they ran ahead of Mulder and Scully.

"Well their teacher said they wouldn't miss anything while we're gone, so if mom will come then we can go to Disney," Scully said to Mulder on the couch after they had gotten the kids to bed.

"Yes!" Mulder said like a little kid.

"Except you have to call my mom," Scully said grinning.

"But she's your mother!" Mulder complained.

"Well this was your idea," Dana decided she would 'pretend fight' with Mulder.

"Actually it was Skinner's idea!"

"Well then Skinner should have to call her!"

"Good idea." Mulder turned around on the couch and pushed the speaker phone button, smiling devilishly at Dana.

"You wouldn't" Dana said.

"Oh yes I would." Pause "Hi sir it's Mulder and well Dana has decided that

since the whole Disney thing was your idea that you should have to call Margaret

because she has to come with us," Mulder said "Oh, well I'd be happy to call Maggie for you."

"The number is-"

Then Skinner cut him off. "I have it."

"Oh, okay, if she has any questions that you can't answer tell her to call us, we should be up pretty late packing."

"Okay good night Agent Mulder."

"Good Night Sir." Skinner hung up and Scully let out the breath she had been holding.

"I can't believe you just did that! He's our boss!" Scully yelled.

"Well I just happen to know that Skinner has a HUGE crush on your mother."

"Eeew...I did NOT need to know that!" Scully screeched.

"Oh come on Dana, you've never considered that your mother may, someday, start dating again?"

"Well yeah, but not Skinner!"

"What's so bad about Skinner?"

"Well for one thing he's our boss and second don't you think it will be kinda odd for the kids when they say that Uncle Skinner and Grandmom Scully are going out?" Scully said falling off the couch, at what she'd just said.

"How do you know she'll say yes if he asks?" Mulder questioned trying to contain himself and joining her on the floor.

"Well you know Mom, she'd say yes just to be nice."

"Oops, it's 9:30 Dane, we need to get packing," Mulder said pulling Dana off the floor.

"Well Mom can pack the kids' stuff while she's here with them, so all we have to do is get our stuff ready."


Scully spent the next hour trying to decide what suits to wear while Mulder, who had taken all of 5 minutes to pack his stuff sat on her bed and laughed as she held every outfit up to herself in the mirror.

"You know Mulder you could go to bed instead of sit there and laugh at me all night."

"Well I would go to bed if you would come to my room and do this."

Mulder said, mimicking Scully by acting like he was holding up a hanger to himself.

"It's quite educational, thank you," he said smiling that sweet little Mulder smile that Scully couldn't resist.

"All right Mulder, Mom's going to be here tomorrow morning at 6 so that we can make our flight, so that means it's time for bed," Scully said packing the last things she needed.

"Hey um Scully.. Wanna have a sleep over?" Mulder asked.

"Sleep over? Mulder, we live in the same house."

"I know that but we could sleep in your room, since it is the biggest, and we could talk...and sleep."

"But Mulder! I hate the way you sleep!" Dana said trying to get out of a whole night of Mulder.

"Well Dana considering we're going to be getting married some time hopefully soon don't you think you need to get used to how I sleep?"

"Sure...Fine...What ever Mulder, you take the floor, I'll take the bed, but if I'm cranky tomorrow I don't want to hear any comments out of your mouth, do I make my self clear?"

"Yes ma'am," Mulder said.

"Good, okay so lets get our bed clothes on and well meet back here in 10 minutes.

After about an hour of useless banter about work and kids both agents fell asleep with Scully on one side of the bed and Mulder on the other side of the bed looking like he had fallen out of bed, and that's exactly the way they were when Maggie Scully found them.


Day Two
Tuesday, August 29, 2000

"What the..." Mulder said when the alarm went off at 5:30.

"Mulder it's time to get up," Scully said rolling over on the bed so she could look over the side at him.

"But Dana, I was having a really good dream about you, we were on the Tea Cups and I was throwing up all over the place while you explained the scientific nature of motion sickness to Will and Kat who had mysteriously become med. students."

"That's nice, Spooky, but you still gotta get up."

"Not until I get my good morning kiss."

"Sure... Fine... What ever," Scully said as she moved her head closer to Mulder's, as their lips were about to meet... Dana fell off the bed, onto Mulder.

"Um, Hi Scully," Mulder said to Dana, laughter erupted into the room.

Mulder and Scully looked around the room and found it's source, in the door-way stood Maggie Scully.

"Mom!?" Dana asked, quickly rolling off Mulder.

"Mrs. Scully!"

"Morning, have an... interesting night?" Maggie asked.

"How long have you been standing there?" Dana asked.

"Since before the alarm went off," Maggie said trying to get her laughter under control. She was wondering how far her daughter's relationship with Fox had gone.

"I guess it really is time to get up," Scully said pulling herself to her feet and helping Mulder up. Mulder in boxers with little flying saucers and Scully in white silk pyjamas they made quite a couple. When they stood next to each other Maggie lost all control and burst out laughing, again.

Mulder left the room taking his sheet and pillow with him, Scully pulled her mother into the room and shut the door.

"Mother!" Dana exclaimed.

"What?" she asked innocently.

"You know what!" she said opening the closet and pulling out the clothes she had picked out to wear. "An interesting night? Mom, do you know how embarrassing that is?"

"Honey, Fox knows I didn't mean any thing by it. Aren't you going to take a shower?" she asked as her daughter started getting dressed.

"We took showers last night so we wouldn't have t to take so long to get dressed."

"Oh, okay. Why did your boss call me last night?"

"Um...it was Mulder's idea, he said Skinner should have to call and ask you to come to Disney with us, because it was his idea," Dana said smiling.

"Well I'm coming and so is he."

"Skinner is coming with us to Disney World?!"

"Yes honey, while I'm watching the kids I'll need some sane adult to talk to."

"But Skinner! Mom, he's our boss! And we can't afford it."

"Dana honey, he's going to be paying his own way, and he loves your kids, and he needs a vacation just as bad as you do."

"Okay," Dana said as she finished dressing.

"Scully have you seen my alien tie?" Mulder asked busting into the room while Scully was putting on her shoes.

"Which one?"

"The one with the red headed woman and the tall man, the one Skinner bought me when we got custody of Will and Kat."

"Oh yea, it's in here," Scully said opening her closet door and tossing a tie in Mulder's direction. Maggie smiled and walked out of Scully's room saying: "I'm going to make you some breakfast."

Mulder finished getting dressed (putting on his tie), and they walked out to see what Maggie had come up with for breakfast.

Muffins and sunny seeds, they grabbed their bags and their food and ran out the door heading towards the airport.

"Oh um Mulder, Mom has a um... friend coming with us to Disney, and well I just wanted you to know," Scully said once in the car and on the road.

"Okay. Who is it?"

"AD Skinner," Scully said quietly hoping Mulder wouldn't hear.

"Walter Skinner!" Mulder said slightly swerving the car.

"Yes."

"Walter Sergei Skinner, our boss!"

"Yes."

"When did that happen?"

"Last night, I guess you were right last night when you said Skinner has some thing going for my mom."

"Scully we're never going to get to be alone together."

"Mulder he's not going to be with us he's going to be with Mom."

"Sure... Fine... What ever," Mulder said pulling into the long-term parking garage.

"Hey! That's my line!" Scully said getting out of the car.


On a Plane

8:45am

"Dana, isn't it great they over booked and we got in first class!"

"Yea it's kinda spooky, Spooky," Dana answered. "but, I miss the kids, we've gone away before, but this time, I don't know, I'll just be really happy when our case is over so we can have our whole family together."

"And Skinner," Mulder added.

"Well yea, and Skinner."

"Did you enjoy our little sleep over? " Mulder asked smiling 'that' smile.

"Yes... I did," she said in a low voice.

"Oh Yes!!" Mulder exclaimed getting many odd looks from people around them. "So when do we get to do it again?"

"Well maybe the whole family could do it, while we're at Disney, we could even invite Skinner to join us," Scully said noticing the odd looks coming from the couple sitting across the isle from them.

"We would never hear the end of it, and us sleeping with Skinner, and your mother with Skinner, the rumor mill would have a lot to 'mill' about when we get back."

"Yea but I would love to have Skinner see his two oddest agents being... insert spooky music here...parents." Scully and Mulder both laughed at this.


Tampa International Airport
Tampa Florida
11:30am "Well Mulder, where is it we're supposed to be going?"

"St. Petersburg, some school, John Hopkins, I think."

"I'm driving," Scully said as Mulder took the keys to the Taurus. " I know, where there is water you'll get us lost, well any where you'll get us lost."

"I will not."

"I don't care, I never get to drive," Scully said taking the keys and running towards the car lot causing Mulder to chase her.


Howard Franklin-Bridge
1:45pm

"Scully, you sure you don't want me to drive?" Mulder asked mockingly.

"Mulder, we're in the middle of what could possibly be the longest bridge in the world."

"No actually Akashi Kaikyo in Japan is the longest, well it's the longest suspension bridge at least."

"Must I remind you that we are on a BRIDGE and that means that I could drive this car right over the side," Scully said loosing per patience.

"Listen, um... I made the hotel reservations this morning while you were getting dressed. And I found out that Skinner and your Mom are sharing a two bedroom suite and considering it will be cheaper I got us a two bedroom suite too," Mulder said smiling.

"My Mother and Skinner!! But they barely know each other!!"

"They'll have their own rooms, it'll be kinda like us."

"But Mulder we live together."

"Okay bad example, how about us in the early days?"

"Sure, but if Mom and Skinner end up in a 'relationship' I'm holding you personally responsible."


After two hours of talking with local police and Bambi about the cockroach related deaths, Mulder and Scully decided to head out to John Hopkins Middle School, where the murders or deaths took place.

"Mulder, if these deaths are cockroach related then why do we have a whole list of suspects?"

"Well Scully, if you had been listening to the police while they were talking you would know that these "Members of the CCC" as they call them selves were all at the school when the deaths occurred and most of them have had disagreements with the dead teachers," Mulder said as they entered the school office.

"Okay Mulder we have our list of students, all 8th graders, all arts students."

"Arts students?" Mulder asked.

"This school is what is called a magnet school, there are arts students that have a focus in band, chorus, dance, art, computer, drama or some other arts field. And then they have an elective in an arts area also, the other kids are zoned for the school, now who wasn't listening?"

"Okay I get your point, so who do we see first?"

"A Kara Kopp, honours student- science and algebra, focus band, elective computer."

30min Later

"Who's next?" Mulder asked. Once the unknowing blonde girl went back to class.

"Sheena Bryant, honours science and language arts, she had a mathematical computations learning disability, focus band, elective piano."

A few minutes later a short blonde walked in.

"Are you Sheena?" Mulder asked.

"Are you Special Agent Fox William Mulder with the Federal Bureau of Investigation?"

"Yeah, I guess so," Mulder said surprised by her knowledge of him.

"Are you a member of the CCC?"

"Yes." The young girl answered straight faced with no emotion.

"Can you tell me what CCC stands for?" Scully asked.

"Clone Colony Council."

"And what do you do on this council?"

"I am the calendar person."

"Are you familiar with Kara Kopp?"

"Yes."

"And what is her job?"

"She organises our meetings."

"How long have you been a member of the Clone Colony Council?"

"Since it was started."

"Who started it?"

"Marie Snider and myself."

"And what is Marie's job?"

"She is the records holder."

"Records of what?"

"I can't tell you that."

"Why can't you tell us?" Mulder asked, Scully was sick of her short simple answers.

"Give it up Mulder... Who are the members of the CCC?"

"My self, Marie Snider, Kara Kopp, Milton Tedrick, Elizabeth Beckett, David Spence, and Rosa Pegg."


15min Later

"Next victim?" Mulder asked.

"Let's go with Marie Snider, considering how much we got out of Sheena we can only hope that Marie is a little more open mouthed. Although Kara Kopp didn't see to know much."

"Okay Marie Snider, Algebra, honours science, focus band, elective piano," he said looking at the file on Marie.


20min Later

"Let's do David Spence, Milton Tedrick, Rosa Pegg and Elizabeth Beckett together," Scully said.

"Why agent Scully, isn't that a little unprofessional?" Mulder joked.

"I don't care, I don't think any of these kids are capable of Murder...

I am so tired."

"Yeah. Me too. Let's get this over with. Milton Tedrick: Algebra honours science, Drama focus, Piano elective. David Spence: honours Algebra and Science, focus Band, elective Drama. Rosa Pegg: focus band, elective piano, no honours.

and Elizabeth Beckett: Honours algebra and science, focus Drama, elective computer."

"Sounds like a lot of band, piano and drama to me," Scully said.

"Um...Hum," Mulder answered as the four kids came into the room.

30min Later

"Well no one there seemed to know a whole lot," Scully said, as they walked out of the office and towards the bus circle.

"So, Sheena and Marie seem to know the most, they did start the CCC."

"Hey Mulder isn't that Sheena, Marie, Milton, Rosa, Kara, Elizabeth and David?" Scully asked grabbing Mulder's shoulder.

"Yeah, they form a nice circle don't they?"

"Why don't we go listen?" Scully asked.

"We can't," Mulder said because the circle had broken up as buses had come in.

Just then a swarm of roaches came over the bus circle.

"Scully... Run!!!" Mulder yelled trying to find his partner. When they both came to a place with no roaches they saw a woman, a teacher, holding open a door as hundreds and hundreds of roaches poured out, not your garden variety

roaches, but killer roaches. Scully quickly went and jumped the teacher.

"Mulder go check on every body I can handle her," Scully said putting the cuffs on the lady.

"All the roaches are dead," Mulder said coming back.


3 Hours Later

"That was a short case, but I'm so glad it's over!" Mulder said as they exited the police station.

"Let's just go back to the hotel, call Mom, call the airline, and go to bed, Bambi said she can handle every thing else that has to do with the roaches."


"The Hotel"- St. Petersburg, Florida
8:45pm

"Hey Scully," Mulder said coming through the connecting doors to Dana's hotel room, "do you wanna have another 'sleep-over'? There's two beds in here so we don't have to do that horrible floor thing."

"Fine Mulder," Scully said walking out of her bathroom soaking wet with a white terry cloth robe on. The phone immediately started ringing.

"Mulder," Mulder answered it.

"Agent Mulder? I need to speak to Agent Scully," said a young voice.

"Hold on she just got out of the shower."

"Scully," Dana said as she came on the phone.

"Agent Scully, this is Sheena remember me? Sheen Bryant?"

"Um yea, what do you need?"

"I suggest you get to the school, fast, the teachers responsible for the roaches are kidnapping and bringing all of the CCC members here, to the courtyard."

"Where are you?"

"I'm in the office, it was unlocked, I followed them here when they took Milton."

"We'll be there soon," Scully said, she hung up the phone, told Mulder to get ready and ran into the bathroom with her clothes.


Entering through the bus circle, the agents pulled their guns, the crept into the court yard, seeing the 3 teachers and 6 students, the crouched down behind a small brick divider wall.

"What are they doing?" Mulder asked Scully, who was the closest.

"It looks like they're going to hang the students."

"I wouldn't wanna send my kids here," Mulder joked.

"Mulder! We've gotta stop this!" Scully said a little too loudly.

"Scully...RUN!!!" Mulder yelled as the teachers left their tied up students and started to chase the two agents.


Meanwhile...

Sheena Bryant saw five adults run by and she decided that was her cue to go find her friends. She untied everyone and they all went to see where the agents had gone.

They found them in one of the classrooms being cornered by the teachers.

"Let's get em!" Sheena yelled. The jumped the encroaching adults. The agents easily hand-cuffed the teachers and then they called the police.


3 Hours Later
St. Pete Police Station

"Well Scully another case solved by the enigmatic Dr. Scully and her sidekick Mulder Boy," Mulder said as he and Scully walked out of the police station.

"Mulder it's one AM!! Why aren't you tired?"

"Scully we just caught 3 murderers one of them had just broken out of jail, I'm too pumped to sleep!" He said.

"Mulder, all I want to do is get back to the hotel and go to bed." She said as they got into the car.

When they pulled into the hotel Scully was asleep. Mulder ran to the room and opened the door then he went back and carried the sleeping Scully inside.

Mulder took off Scully's trench coat and shoes, suit jacket, and then gently slid her under the covers. Then deciding Scully must have been tired to have slept through all of that went into his room and took a shower.


Day Three
August 30, 2000

Dana Scully woke up to a boxer clad Mulder sleeping in the next bed, and after a brief moment of disorientation Scully stood up noticing her articles of clothing on the floor and wondered how she had slept through that. As soon as Dana moved Mulder woke up- obviously a light sleeper.

"Morning Mulder," Dana said sitting on his bed.

"Scully, go back to bed."

"Mulder, we've still got plans to make, we have to call mom and the airline, and what happened to all that energy you had last night?"

"I'm saving it."

"Fine Mulder, I'm going back to bed." Dana got into her bed and soon they were once again asleep.


3 Hours Later
9:45am

The phone rang and unconsciously Mulder picked it up.

"Hello?" A groggy Mulder said, not aware of his surroundings.

"Mulder?" a voice asked.

"Skinner?" he asked becoming fully awake.

"Agent Mulder, you sound tired, where is Agent Scully?"

"Um hold on, Sir, she's right here." Mulder handed the phone to a very disorderly looking Scully.

"Sir?" Scully said taking the phone from Mulder.

"Agent Scully your case is over, and I was talking to your mother this morning and she said you have not spoken to her."

"Well sir we've been asleep, you didn't tell her did you?"

"No, agent Scully, but you'd better call her soon."

"Okay, she'll call and tell you the flight information once we give it to her."

"Okay, Good bye Agent Scully."

"Bye, Sir," she said and hung up.

"So did Sinner tell your Mom we're done?"

"No, but I'd better call her."

"Let me call the air-line first."

"I'm going to take a shower and get dressed, what are we going to do today?"

"I don't know. What do you want to do?"

"Let's go to the beach."

"Okay," Mulder said and then proceeded to call the airline. Once Mulder was finished Dana called her mother.

"Okay she's going to call Skinner, they'll be here around 8:30 tonight." She stood up and went to take her shower.


Two Hours Later

Both agents were in the car on the way to Clearwater Beach.

"Mulder, there's some thing I need to tell you," Scully said.

"Shoot," Mulder said.

"I haven't been in a bathing suit in 6 years." Mulder promptly burst out laughing.

"I didn't even know you owned a swim suit," Mulder said.

"I was captain of my high school swim team."

"The things I have to tell when we get home," Mulder joked.

"What about you? I've heard you do some pretty good things in a red Speedo."

"I only swam for fun until I got to Oxford, I was on the swim team until Phoebe told me she didn't like swimmers, I gave it all up for her."

"She was and still is a jerk Mulder, don't ever let thoughts of her get you down."

"Well you know Scully for the last 2 years nothing's gotten me down, I mean I have you, and we have 2 great kids and we got the X-Files back."

"Yea these last two years have been great. Look! We're here!" Scully said as she neatly parked the car.


3 Hours Later

After checking out of their hotel a very burnt Scully and a very tan Mulder checked into the Disney Resort Hotel.

"Mulder, your tan is getting redder by the minute."

"And Scully your burn is getting redder by the minute." At that moment Scully whacked Mulders' arm. "Och Scully!" He said playfully.

They opened the door to their room and were amazed.

"This place is huge!" Scully said excitedly.

After looking around their room and unpacking they made their way to Maggie and Skinner's room, unlocking the door they both started to wonder what the 'real' reason for Skinner coming was.

"Mulder, do you think my mom and Skinner are going out?"

"I don't know, but you have to admit they do seem a little close."

"Well We'll see them together when they get here, You wanna go out to dinner before we pick every one up?"

"Sure." They made their way back to their hotel room to get dressed in nicer clothes.


8:45PM
Orlando Airport

They saw Kat first, she was in Maggie's arms and then it was Will asleep in Skinner's arms.

"That is so weird," Mulder whispered into Scully's ear.

As soon as Kat saw Mulder she wanted him to take her, Maggie handed her off to her father.

"Hi Daddy!"

"Hey Munchkin."

"Did you go see Mickey Mouse with out us?" The five-year-old asked.

"Nope, we're all going tomorrow."

"Yay!" Kat yelled, waking her brother who smiled when he saw his parents.

"Hi Mommy and Daddy!" he squealed wiggling onto the ground from Skinner's caring embrace.

Mulder shook hands with Skinner while Scully hugged Maggie as the two children sat on the floor in the waiting area.

After getting all of the luggage Skinner went and rented a...(huge surprise) Taurus.

"So are you sure you can find your way to the hotel?" Scully questioned.

"Yes honey," Mrs. Scully answered.

"If you get lost just call one of our cell phones, you're paying for them any way," Mulder said to Skinner.

"Will, Kat come on, go get in our car!" Dana yelled to her children who were playing in Skinner and Maggie's car.


Disney Resort Hotel
9:45pm

After eating dinner Skinner and Maggie departed for their room and Mulder, Scully, Will, and Kat went to their room.

"Mulder, I need you," Scully said from her 'room' when Mulder was watching the television with the kids.

He came in the room. "Mulder my burn is starting to hurt really bad, will you please rub some aloe on it?" She whined.

"Sure," he said wiggling his eyebrows.

Scully took off her shirt and laid on the bed as Mulder located the bottle of aloe.

"Wow Scully, I didn't know your back could get so red," Mulder said as he straddled her, sitting on her butt. He unclasped her bra so he could more easily apply the green gel.

"Don't get any ideas, Fox y Boy," she commented from under him.

Mulder started to gently rub the aloe on Scully's back when Skinner walked in followed by Maggie who was followed by both Kat and Will.

"What the heck is going on in here!?" Skinner bellowed.

"Kids go back and watch the television," Maggie said shooing them away.

Once the children had left Mulder got off of Scully and the fuzzy red head hid behind Mulder.

"Sir, it's not what you think," Scully said.

"Yeah, we would never do that, at least not with the kids in the other room," Mulder added. He moved slightly to the side and a basically topless Scully was exposed.

"Geez Mulder, will you stay in one place!" She quickly moved back behind him.

"Hey um... Maggie, Skinner could you please go out so Dana can get dressed?" Mulder said, "And we'll talk about this once the kids go to bed in a few minutes."

Skinner and Maggie turned on their heels and left, Scully put her shirt back on despite the immense pain the burn was still inflicting upon her.

"Mulder we're in so much trouble, our BOSS just walked in on us, not to mention my mother!"

"Dana. Skinner's not our boss, not any more, what would have been really scary would have been if Kersh had just walked in," he said smiling.

"Mulder what are we going to tell the kids? I mean we weren't but it really looked like some thing." She smiled suggestively.

"Why Agent Scully, are you coming on to me?"

"Maybe," she said and kissed him.

"I'll take that as a yes," he added quietly.

"We'd better get out there."

"Are you sure you wanna go?"

"We're going to have to some day so why not get it over with now and come back in here later?" she asked kissing him again.


15min Later

Mulder and Scully sat on the small couch while Maggie and Walter sat on the love seat(ironic huh?). William and Katherine were asleep.

"You both have a lot of explaining to do," Skinner started.

"What do we have to explain?" Scully asked.

"That scene in your room Dana," her mother scolded and Dana immediately felt like she was 15 and her mother had just walked in on her 'studying' with her boy friend.

"We don't have to explain that, it's our personal lives, you just walked in at a bad time," Mulder said smiling.

"Oh my goodness, you were!" Skinner quietly gasped.

"It was aloe," Scully revealed laughing extremely loud.

"What honey?" Maggie asked.

"Mulder was putting aloe on my sunburn, we went to the beach earlier and I got burnt really bad, we were not doing any thing we 'shouldn't' be doing!" She giggled.

"I can't believe you two," Skinner said joining in on the laughter.

"Well Maggie, now that we know all's well with your kids, we really should go back to our own room."

Mulder and Scully watched as their boss and Scully's mother headed off to 'their' room.

"Can you believe this, we're here, together, and Mom's here with Skinner!" Dana said leaning against the back of the door once they were gone.

"You've seemed taken aback ever since I told you Skinner has some thing for your Mother, do you not like Skinner? He really seems to like Maggie, and she obviously likes him."

"Mulder, I'm happy for both of them, but it's just so odd I know I'm repeating myself but WOW! Me and you and Mom and Skinner!"

"Come on Scully it's late, we can debate logic in the morning," Mulder said taking off his shirt and heading towards his room where Will was sleeping peacefully. "Good Night Scully."

"'Night Mulder," she answered as she quietly stepped into her room where Kat was also sleeping.


Skinner and Maggie's Suite

"So do you really think they were just putting aloe on her back?"

Maggie asked Walter after they had gotten ready for bed.

"I don't know I didn't exactly see much of what was going on before Mulder jumped off of Scully faster than any thing I've ever seen in my entire life. I have known them on a professional level for a very long time, I'm just starting to get to know them on a personal level. I do know that they love each other very much and they love those kids."

"Walter look what time it is," Maggie said and they departed for their respective bedrooms.


Day Four
August 31, 2000

Maggie Scully awoke with her daughter and granddaughter in bed with her, she was immediately perplexed.

"Dana honey wake up," she said shaking her gently.

"Huh, mom, oh hi."

"Honey what's wrong? Are you two okay?"

"Oh yea, we're fine we just decided to join you."

"Mommy I'm hungry," Kat said awakening.

"Yea baby hold on," she said, Kat got out of bed and padded out into the living room.

"She looks so much like you," Maggie noted.

"No Mom, she looks like Mulder she has his eyes and she's so tall."

"She does have your hair."

"Yeah, that's true, I sure do love her...and Will."

"Yes and that's the way it's supposed to be," Maggie said smiling.

"Dana are you sure your all right?"

"Yes mom, it's just that since Mulder, me, and the kids live together now, I never get to see you any more."

"Aaggrahhhh!!!" They hear coming from Skinner's room.

"Walter!?" Maggie questioned as she and Dana ran toward his room.

Mulder came through the door from the hall with Will in his arms.

"What's going on? I heard some one yell," Mulder said, then noticing Scully was there, "What are you doing in here?"

"Sleeping."

"Skinner, you okay?" Mulder asked walking into his room.

"Yes I'm fine, Kat's hungry," he said nodding towards the small child standing next to his bed.

"Katherine Samantha Mulder, we do not sneak up on people, especially ex-military personnel, when they're sleeping!"

"I'm sorry." She apologized to Skinner.

"It's okay baby," Skinner said becoming aware that he had two agents, two children, and one woman he was quite interested in, in his room.

"So how are we going to do breakfast?" Mulder asked.

"I think we should all eat in our room, we could get room service and we could talk about what we're going to do today."

"Works for me," Skinner said.

"Order you food, we'll order ours, don't forget to have it sent to our room." Dana instructed, " and we'll see you in about 20 minutes."


"Okay Mulder, it's your turn," Scully said coming out of the shower.

"We only have 10 more minutes before mom and Skinner and hopefully the food, gets here. " "Dana!" Mulder yelled from the shower.

"What?" she asked.

"I don't have any shampoo, where's yours?" he yelled back from the shower.

"It's in my room. Mulder I must warn you, it's vanilla scented."

"Fine with me as long as I'm clean."

"Here," she said handing it through the door.

"Thank you," he said gratefully.

"Hi," Dana said as Skinner and Maggie came through the door.

"Gram, Uncle Skinner!" William said running up to hug them.

"So Dana, where's Fox ?" Maggie questioned

"In the shower, now where is the food?"

There was a knock at the door.

"Mulder, get out of the shower, food's here!" Scully yelled opening the door.

After tipping and signing for the food every one sat down as Mulder came out of the bathroom, smelling distinctly like Dana-vanilla.

"Well Mulder you smell nice," Skinner commented.

"Well Sir so do you." Skinner, being a male, also forgot his shower items, and because Dana and Margaret used the same scent they now had two very interesting smelling companions.

"Can we please eat now?" Kat begged.

"Yeah, go on dig in," Mulder told her and every one did just that.

"So what are we going to do today?" questioned Maggie as she finished her breakfast.

"See Mickey!" the kids screamed.

"Okay, that sounds good to me, what else should we do?" Scully asked.

"Um tonight, everyone needs to bring sheets, pillows, and blankets because we're having a sleep over." Mulder remarked happily.

"Sleep-over?" Walter questioned.

"Yes, we do it quite regularly."

"Shut-up Mulder!" Scully hissed whacking him on the shoulder.

"I love you too honey." He retorted.

"Let's go on the tea cups!" Will yelped, Mulder and Scully looked at each other and started laughing uncontrollably.

"What's so funny?" Walter asked.

"Nothing, I had a very odd dream about the Tea Cups." Maggie was now laughing too.

"I don't even want to know," Skinner said looking at his two agents and his lovely companion.


5 Hours Later
1:00pm

"I'm hungry," Dana said as they left Down Town Disney.

"Yeah, so am I. Where do you want to eat?" Mulder asked.

"Why don't Walter and I take the kids to lunch and keep them for the rest of the day, so you two can be alone," Maggie cut in.

"Is that okay with you?" he asked Dana, she shook her head yes.

"Would you two like to go with Uncle Skinner and Gram today?" Dana asked her children.

"Yea!" They both squealed.

Walter, Maggie, and the kids went to the magic Kingdom, Mulder and Scully went to Epcot.

"So Scully, where do you want to go first?" Mulder asked once they had gotten in the park.

"Let's go to China so we can eat."

"Okay."

"So Mulder, why do you think Mom wanted us alone?" Dana asked when their food arrived.

"Well it could be that we haven't had any time alone, that we're no working, in almost 3 years-since we got the kids."

"That's probably it, so what did you get?"

"Sweet 'n Sour chicken, want some?" he asked holding out his fork with food on it.

"Okay." Mulder ended up feeding Scully half of his chicken, and she ended up feeding him half of her egg rolls.

"You know Scully, I'm kinda glad we get to be alone today, not that I don't love our kids it's just nice to be alone," Mulder said putting his arm around Dana as they moved through the park.

"I love you Mulder," she said.

"If you really want to you can call me Fox , I don't mind any more."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I mean your Mom calls me Fox and I realized I don't hate the name as much as I used to."

"Okay, Fox y-boy," she said and they both laughed.


3 Hours Later

"Well we've been to China, France, England, Italy, and believe it or not the good 'ol USA," Mulder said "And we didn't even have to use any of our frequent flyer miles."

"Mulder, are you not incredibly bored?"

"Oh yes, so do you want to stay here and be bored of go back to the hotel and watch television?"

"TV sounds really good to me, although there's one more thing we have to do while we're here," she said leading him off the main walk-way and next to what appeared to be oddly bare flower boxes. Just then a stream of water jumped out of one of them and hit Mulder in the back of the head drenching him all over.

"Water spouts!" he screamed.

"Ugh...huh." She giggled. he gently grabbed her and got her soaked too.

They played in the water for the next 15 minutes.

"Dana, I'm cold," he said as they walked toward the buses to take them back to their hotel.

"You know Fox I think that was the most fun thing to do at Epcot, don't you?"

"Oh yea, but just a little cold."

"Is how cold your are all you can think about?" she asked getting on the bus. They were immediately hit with the ice cold air conditioner. "Okay so maybe you're right it is kind of cold."

"Did Walter and Mom tell you what time their getting back with the kids?" Mulder asked.

"No...Walter! He was our boss and your calling him Walter!?"

"What do you expect me to call him? Assistant Director Walter Sergei Skinner of the Federal Bureau of Investigation? personally I think that's a little long."

"Sergei, his middle name is Sergei!" She laughed.

"Weird isn't it."

"I'm glad we didn't have that knowledge when the issue of the kid's names came up of instead of William Walter Mulder we might have William Sergei Mulder."

Now everyone on the bus was staring at them.

"Fox , every one's staring at us," she whispered.

"So let's give them some thing to stare at," he whispered back and kissed her quickly, and everyone politely turned away. "See it worked." He added as the bus came to a full and complete halt in front of their hotel.

"Hey Mulder, how about tomorrow we take the kids, because they are ours, and let Mom and Skinner have the entire day alone?"

"Sounds okay to me, when are we leaving to go home?" he asked unlocking the door.

"Saturday night."

"Oh wow, that means we're going to have to come up with some pretty good excuses to tell at the office about how we ended up here with Skinner," he said jokingly. "Scully it's cold in here."

"Go put some dry clothes on." They both came out of their rooms wearing sweat shirts and jeans.

"Mulder you're right, it's freezing in here," she said as she sat down on the couch and leaned her head against his shoulder.

"I told you, but do you listen to me? No, Doctor Scully doesn't need to listen to her partner." He mocked.

"Oh shut up Fox ," she said emphasizing Fox .

"So... what do you wanna watch? We've got children's, action/adventure, horror, sci-fi, romance, comedy, and adult- which I don't watch any more since you made me throw out my video collection when we moved in together."

"Do you remember WHY I made you throw them away?" she asked.

"Because you don't want our kids to be exposed to that kind of thing."

"Yes, and I love you for throwing away so much of you poorly spent money. So what do you want to watch?" she asked trying to get the subject back on track.

"I'll go for any thing as long as it doesn't have Tea Leoni in it - she is a horrible actress."


They ended up watching the latest Star Trek movie.

"Mulder I'm confused, who is that blue guy?" Scully asked referring to the 'alien' on the television screen.

"I'm not exactly sure, but he could be either our villain or our hero."

"What do you mean 'hero or villain'? Don't you know?"

"Dana, I find all of these movies confusing for the first couple of hundred times I see them, they're kinda like a good X-File."

"So why are we watching this?"

"I don't know." 'click' the television went off.

"What do we do now?"

"It's 7:30, do we know where our kids are?" he asked in a stupid accent.

"Let's call Skinner's cell-phone, do you have the number?"

"555-1121."

"You have it memorized?" she asked amazed.

"You forget, I have a photographic memory."

"I'll call." She picked up the phone.

"Uncle Skinner's phone." Was the answer.

"Hi Will," Dana said.

"Mommy!"

"Is your Grandmother there?"

"Here she is," he said as he handed off the phone.

"Dana, honey is every thing all right?" Maggie Scully asked.

"Fox and I just wanted to know where you're at, it's late."

"We're watching fireworks, why don't you and Fox go out and have a nice dinner."

"Okay Mom, bye."

"Bye honey, have fun."

"Mulder you hungry?" she asked sitting back down.

"Starving."

"Well Mom just told me we should go out to dinner, but I don't really want to."

"Me neither, let's order room service," he said jumping off the couch to get the menu. "What do you want to eat?"

"Do they have pizza?"

"Yeah, sounds good to me, what do you want on it?"

"Cheese."

"Okay, one medium cheese pizza coming up," he said picking up the phone.


Ten Minutes Later

The food arrived smelling like well... pizza!(Image that) "Thank you very much Sir," the server said after Mulder had signed for the food and tipped 30 dollars for the food.

Mulder immediately started eating when the guy left.

"Hungry Mulder?" Scully asked a man who was shoving food into his mouth.

"Yes," he barely got out between bites. Dana sat down and went about eating. "This is pretty good," Mulder said one he had slowed to a normal eating pace.

"Mulder I think you have some kind of tape worm. Does your food seem to go some place other than your body, do you experience anal itching? Lie down I want to perform an autopsy."

"Hold on Dana," he said as she put a hand on his chest to push him down. "I'm not dead yet."

"I'm joking, where would you get worms anyway, blue died from some evil person smoking."

The phone started ringing.

"Hello?" Scully answered questioning.

"The lovely Agent Scully." It was Frohike.

"Where's Mulder?" Langly asked, also on the phone.

"What is it, Guys?" Mulder asked taking the phone from Scully.

"We were wondering if you and Scully were engaged yet," Byers politely asked, speaking for the first time.

"Not yet, and I gotta go bye," he said and hung up quickly.

"What did they want?"

"To know if we're engaged yet."

"and what did you tell them?"

"Not yet," he said sheepishly.

"Mulder when are we going to get married? I mean we haven't set a date, like a day month or even year," she said perturbed.

"If it's that important to you why don't we do it now?"

"What do you mean now?"

"I say we leave Disney and get married tonight."

"Mulder you're rushing into this."

"Of course I'm rushing into this, but I'm ready to accept it and I think that we've been 'married' for a long time, we've been living together for almost 3 years, the only difference is that we have separate bedrooms and of course no sex."

"Are we going to call Mom?"

"Skinner said not to tell anyone until we're ready and we're ready now and no one's here."

"I'm going to write Mom a note."

"Hey what are we going to wear?"

"Well I brought a nice dress.. you did pack a suit like I told you, right?"

"Yes, I did."

"Good we'll get dressed and I'll write a note to Mom, Skinner and the kids."

They got dressed, Mulder in a black dress suit and Scully in an elegant black dress. Scully finished doing her hair and put on her trench coat, she sat down and wrote: Mom and Skinner,
We're going out, we should be back late. Please keep the kids over night.
Love, Dana

"Did you write it?" Mulder asked coming out of his room.

"You look good," they said simultaneously.

"Ready to go?" Mulder asked once they had finished laughing.

After they closed the door and taped the note to Skinner and Maggie's door they began walking down the hall and noticed three figures standing next to the elevator.

"Hey guys, what are you doing here?" Mulder asked. "I just got off the phone with you 10 minutes ago."

"We've been here a while," Langly answered.

The three Lone-Gun-Guys were all dressed in their typical attire.

"We knew you two were going to tie the knot while you're here, so we came so we can get some really good pictures." Frohike added.

"Where ever they go I go." Byers explained himself.

"Do you guys have your own car?"

"Yes but we're coming with you because if I don't get my pictures there's going to be some very disappointed people back in D.C."

"If you're coming with us you'd better keep your mouths shut." Mulder said as they made their way to the rented Ford T. in the parking lot.

"We need a marriage license," Dana stated as they left Disney.

"I know a 24-hour place," Frohike said and game Mulder the directions.


After getting their license from 'Butch' and 'Bull' Mulder and Scully found an all night wedding chapel. Everyone piled out of the car and towards the door.

"Frohike, Langly be quiet for this," Mulder hissed.

"What about Byers?" Frohike asked, hurt.

"He's always quiet."

"Hello," the priest answered the door. "how can I help you?"

"We want to get married."

"Okay."

"We have our photographer, and our two witnesses."

"Come on in." The priest moved aside to allow the duo and their trio of followers to enter.

"Oh no, we don't have rings," Scully announced.

"Hold on, I have a pair," Frohike said. " I was saving these for when Dana and I got married," he added handing them to Mulder.

"Guess Mulder beat you to it." Langly smirked.

"Thanks," Mulder said noting the sorrowful expression on Frohike's face.


30 Minutes Later

"I do," Mulder and Scully said. They then embraced in a passionate kiss.

"Woah, Mulder dude, slow down," Langly commented.

"Ready to go back to the hotel now?" Mulder asked eagerly.

"Slow down Fox y Boy," Dana said putting her hand on his chest. "We've still gotta go out to eat and have some kind of reception."


2 Hours Later

"Well I'm tired," Byers commented as the 5 came out of the restaurant.

"Who's driving?" Some one asked tiredly.

"I will," Mulder said. "Well all know I never sleep any way."

The drive back to the hotel was uneventful and some how everyone managed to stay awake.

"Hey um...Mulder," Langly started. "have fun!" He said and closed the door to the LGM's room.

"Come on Dana, we've gotta talk," Mulder said putting his arm around his wife as they walked back to their room.

"Mulder, what are we going to tell the kids and my mom and Skinner?"

She asked closing the door.

"We'll just tell them the truth and say we're sorry we didn't invite them but we we're abducted by three aliens."

"What about the FBI?"

"I guess we'll have to talk that one over with Skinner," Mulder said as he put his arm around her and slowly pulled her toward her bedroom.


Day Five
September 1, 2000
6:30am

Dana Scully-Mulder awoke in Mulder's arms. As she tried to snake out of his embrace he woke up.

"Where are you going?" he asked sleepily.

"I'm going to check on the kids, wanna come?"

"Okay," he said rolling out of bed. Standing he quickly kissed his wife, they put on robes and walked quietly down the hall.

Using all of their FBI door-opening skills they found the door...

unlocked.

"So much for our children's safety," Mulder said quietly. They were greeted by a strange sight- Skinner sitting on the couch... with Maggie in his arms, asleep.

"Eww," Scully quietly whispered.

"Oh come on Scully what do you think she's going to say when she finds out what we did last night?"

"You do have a point," she whispered back.

"You check that room I'm check the other," he said pointing towards Maggie's room.

Dana found the kids nicely tucked in Maggie's bed sleeping peacefully, Mulder came in and stood next to her admiring the sight of their two children.

"They look like little angels," she commented.

"I know, they look jut like me," Mulder joked.

"Come on Fox y Boy, back to bed before we wake somebody up." She pushed him out of the room and they fell back into the peaceful sleep they found together.

Fox Mulder heard giggling, he opened his eyes and saw hair... red hair, the kind that belonged to his partner... uh wife. After he successfully smoothed her hair he saw the giggling faces of his two children, then he saw the startled faces of his mother-in-law and Skinner.

He gently shook Dana so she would wake up. As soon as she opened her eyes she saw the same people Mulder did.

"Hi guys," she said cheerfully.

"Dana honey you have some explaining to do," Maggie said.

"You'd better sit down," Mulder said. Will and Kat jumped on the bed and Maggie did the same- a little less bouncy, while Skinner sat stiffly at the end of the bed.

"Okay Mom, please don't get mad at us, we took your advice and we went out last night and some friends of ours from D.C. were here and we got married."

"Oh honey, how wonderful!" She leaned over and took them both in her arms.

"Thanks Mom," Dana said as she and Fox repositioned them selves.

"Congratulations," Skinner said smiling. Maggie put her arms around him and hugged him close, he returned the gesture warmly.

"Another wedding soon?" Mulder asked, Skinner smiled oddly.

Maggie turned her attention to the children.

"Do you know what this means now that Mommy and Daddy are married?" she asked.

"What?" they asked excited.

"Somebody gets to have Daddy's room, you will each have your own rooms!"

"Yeah!" they exclaimed.

"Who's hungry?" Skinner asked eagerly.

"I am, let's go out to breakfast," Mulder seconded.

Everyone left the room and clothed them selves and six happy people departed the hotel...happily.

The End

Read More Like This Write One Like This
Twins or more!
Non-Canon Kids
Other Emilys list
Outnumbered Challenge
William's Twin Challenge
Stolen Ova: Another Child Challenge
Return to The Nursery Files home